时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | 1小时内完成3个派送任务 金额30美元 是否接受 接受 拒绝 | |
[00:34] | If something edible isn’t put in front of me | 要是三分钟内 |
[00:36] | in the next three minutes, I am not responsible | 还没有吃的摆在我面前 我就要 |
[00:38] | for what I might do. | 丧失理智了 |
[00:39] | Don’t anybody shoot Benny with a tranq gun. | 有没有人给本尼一枪 |
[00:41] | I just buzzed ’em in. Food’s on its way up. | 我刚下了订单 外卖正在配送 |
[00:43] | Ugh, food! | 天啊 食物 |
[01:04] | Oh, hey, Simon. | 嗨 西蒙 |
[01:05] | You finally come back to say good-bye? | 你终于来道别了 |
[01:07] | Hey, Simple Simon, | 嗨 天真的西蒙 |
[01:09] | stop ogling over the help and bring me over my grub. | 别再发愣了 快把吃的给我拿来 |
[01:14] | How have you been, Simon? | 你最近怎么样 西蒙 |
[01:16] | Uh, good. You know? | 挺好 |
[01:17] | Just workin’. | 一心工作 |
[01:19] | Uh, I’m in a bit of a hurry, actually, | 我还有点急事 |
[01:24] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[01:26] | Quite a career path he’s on. | 他的职业道路真是曲折啊 |
[01:28] | From trial science technician to bike messenger. | 从庭审专家转行单车快递 |
[01:37] | Well, that was weird. | 刚才好奇怪 |
[01:39] | You know what’s weird? | 你知道奇怪在哪儿吗 |
[01:41] | A guy working somewhere for four months | 一个人在某个地方工作了四个月 |
[01:43] | and then suddenly just not showing up. | 然后突然就不再出现 |
[01:46] | You know what else is weird? | 你知道还有哪里奇怪吗 |
[01:47] | Uh, somebody dating somebody | 两个人正在约会 |
[01:50] | and then, all of a sudden, they’re gone. | 然后 突然间 人都不见了 |
[01:53] | They’ve moved. | 搬走了 |
[01:54] | Changed their number. | 换了电话号码 |
[01:56] | Don’t show up for work. | 不再去上班 |
[01:57] | E-mails bounce back. | 邮件被退回 |
[01:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[02:01] | I hope you weren’t worried. | 我希望你不要担心 |
[02:03] | Following people online | 在网上追踪 |
[02:04] | when they don’t want to be followed, | 那些不想被追踪的人们 |
[02:06] | that’s what I do. | 这就是我的职责 |
[02:11] | Three and a half weeks is kind of a long time | 三个半星期不和你关心的人联系 |
[02:14] | to not text somebody that you care about. | 实在过于漫长 |
[02:20] | I know I…I owe you an explanation, | 我知道我欠你一个解释 |
[02:22] | but… I’m trying to get this $30 bonus and, uh… | 但我正试着拿到这笔30美元的额外奖励 |
[02:26] | $30. | 30美元 |
[02:28] | Cool. Well, don’t let me waste another second of your time. | 那可真棒 我就不再浪费你的宝贵时间了 |
[02:31] | You can just have a nice life, Simon. | 生活遂心 西蒙 |
[02:33] | By the way, you look like hell. | 顺便说一句 你看起来糟透了 |
[02:37] | Your eyes are bloodshot, and your hands are shaking. | 双眼布满血丝 双手颤抖 |
[02:39] | Whatever you’re doing, really… | 你正在做的一切 确实… |
[02:43] | keep it up. | 坚持下去吧 |
[02:46] | I’m sorry, Cable. | 抱歉 凯博 |
[03:17] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[04:14] | $10,000 | 花了10000美元 |
[04:16] | for Hamilton tickets, day of, | 从黄牛手里买汉密尔顿的票 |
[04:18] | fourth row center, from a scalper. | 第四排中间 |
[04:20] | It’s an absolutely justifiable business expense. | 这完全是正当的业务支出 |
[04:22] | I had to pay off the court clerk. | 我得酬谢法庭书记员 |
[04:24] | Bull, I seriously doubt the IRS will agree | 布尔 我严重怀疑国税局会认同 |
[04:27] | that illegal bribes are deductible. | 这种非法行贿是可以扣除的 |
[04:29] | Marissa, if I don’t have a list of the 75 potential jurors | 梅丽莎 要是没有这75名陪审团成员的名单 |
[04:33] | that make up the jury pool at least a couple days | 那么至少在我 |
[04:35] | before I walk into that courtroom, | 走进法庭的几天前 |
[04:36] | then all of those people on the other side of that door | 那扇门另一边的人们 |
[04:38] | can’t research them and help me figure out | 就不会对他们进行调查 而且会帮我搞清楚 |
[04:40] | if I want them or not. | 我到底是不是需要他们 |
[04:41] | And since jury lists are not supposed to be shared | 既然陪审员名单不应当 |
[04:43] | – with either side. – Exactly. | – 对另一方公开 – 确实 |
[04:45] | The only way that I can do | 那我所能做的 |
[04:46] | my job is to have that list. | 就只有拿到那份名单 |
[04:47] | Otherwise, I’m just guessing. | 否则 我就只是猜测 |
[04:49] | And any fool can guess. | 即使是笨蛋也可以做出猜测 |
[04:51] | – Come in! – Bad time? | – 进来 – 我来的不巧吗 |
[04:53] | No. No, no. Perfect time. | 不 刚好 |
[04:55] | How was the memorial service? | 追悼会如何 |
[04:58] | Uh, I…I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[05:00] | I don’t have anything to compare it to. | 我不知该如何形容 |
[05:02] | I’ve never had a friend die before. | 我之前从没遇到过朋友去世的情况 |
[05:05] | Is there any way I could talk to you alone? | 我可以和你单独聊聊吗 |
[05:08] | I know you didn’t know Simon very well. | 我知道你并不是很了解西蒙 |
[05:09] | Cable, | 凯博 |
[05:11] | a lot of assistants come through here. | 不是你一个人有此经历 |
[05:16] | – It’s no excuse. – You know, the only reason | – 这不是借口 – 他离开这儿 |
[05:18] | he left here is because he couldn’t do nine-to-five. | 唯一的理由是因为他没法适应朝九晚五的生活 |
[05:20] | Everything had to be his choice, all the time. | 他必须要随时掌控自己的生活节奏 |
[05:24] | When to wake up, what to do. | 什么时候起床 以及做什么 |
[05:25] | Anyway, I’m sure somebody told you, | 总之 我确信有人对你说过 |
[05:27] | but he started working as a bike messenger. | 他开始成为一名单车快递员 |
[05:29] | It was kind of invented for him, | 对他而言是种创新 |
[05:31] | because he could just text when he felt like working. | 因为想工作的时候发个短信就行了 |
[05:33] | And the other thing he started to do, actually, | 而他做的另外一件事 |
[05:36] | about a year ago, while he was working here, | 大概一年前 他还在这儿工作的时候 |
[05:39] | was working as a guinea pig for pharmaceutical companies, | 是给医药公司当实验对象 |
[05:42] | testing new drugs. | 测试新药物 |
[05:44] | They pay a lot of money. | 他们给了很多钱 |
[05:45] | And all he had to do was remember | 他所需要做的 就是记住 |
[05:47] | to take one or two pills a day. | 每天吃那么一两片药 |
[05:49] | I know you really cared for him… | 我明白你很关心他 |
[05:50] | I was talking to some of his friends. | 我和他的一些朋友聊过 |
[05:52] | It turns out he was doing a trial for this company | 发现他当时正为一家叫德普制药的公司 |
[05:55] | called Dep Pharmaceutical, | 试验新药 |
[05:56] | testing this new kind of antidepressant called Eutaline. | 是一种名为Eutaline的抗抑郁药物 |
[06:00] | The people that know Simon, | 了解西蒙的人 |
[06:03] | they say it was the drug that caused Simon to kill himself. | 都说这种药是导致西蒙自杀的根源 |
[06:06] | Cable, when people are grieving… | 凯博 当人们过于悲痛的时候… |
[06:08] | They say | 他们说 |
[06:09] | – he completely changed on it. – Even so, | – 这药完全改变了他 – 即便如此 |
[06:10] | – it doesn’t mean it made him suicidal. – That man | – 也不能说明是这药让他自杀 – 他 |
[06:12] | loved life. He didn’t drink, he didn’t smoke, he loved the gym. | 热爱生活 不喝酒不抽烟 喜欢健身 |
[06:16] | But he took pills for money. | 但他为了赚钱而吃药 |
[06:19] | Look, his parents want to sue. | 他父母想要提起诉讼 |
[06:22] | And I told them I’d help. | 我告诉他们我会全力相助 |
[06:26] | And I told them I’d ask you if you’d help. | 我还告诉他们我会问你是否也会提供帮助 |
[06:31] | They want money? | 他们想要钱吗 |
[06:33] | They want answers. | 他们想要真相 |
[06:34] | And they want to make sure this drug never gets to market. | 而且他们想确保这种药绝不会上市 |
[06:38] | And, yes, I’m sure they want money, too. | 而且 我确信他们也想要钱 |
[06:44] | Let me call Dep Pharmaceutical, | 我来打电话给德普医药公司 |
[06:46] | see if I can put a meeting on the books for Benny and me. | 看看能否和我和本尼见个面 |
[06:49] | Nice of you to do this. | 你能这么做太好了 |
[06:51] | Represent someone I don’t remember | 在这件事上代表一个我并不记得的人 |
[06:53] | on a matter I know almost nothing about | 接手一个我无从下手的案子 |
[06:54] | to make his parents, whom I’ve never met, feel better? | 让他那与我素未谋面的父母好受点 |
[06:58] | Yeah, I’m a peach. | 我可真是个好人 |
[07:02] | I sense our meeting is about to begin. | 我觉得我们的会议该开始了 |
[07:08] | Dr. Bull, you have no idea | 布尔博士 你不知道 |
[07:11] | what a treat it is for me to meet you. | 见到你我有多荣幸 |
[07:13] | And Benjamin Colón, former ADA | 还有本杰明·科隆 前纽约ADA |
[07:16] | For New York County and in-house counsel for TAC. | 成员和TAC的内部律师 |
[07:19] | My name is Arti Cander. | 我是娅蒂·侃德 |
[07:21] | Please, have a seat. | 请坐 |
[07:25] | So you know why we’re here? | 你知道我们为何在这里吗 |
[07:28] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[07:29] | Our cofounder and CEO, Tessa Snyder, | 我们的联合创始人和CEO 泰莎·桑德 |
[07:31] | is beside herself about this. | 为这事几乎发狂 |
[07:33] | You know, any time anyone who is part | 不论何时 德普集团中任何一个人 |
[07:36] | of the Dep family passes, | 离世 |
[07:37] | no matter how minor their role in the company might be, | 不论他在公司里的地位多么微不足道 |
[07:39] | it…it saddens all of us. | 都会让我们难过 |
[07:41] | You do understand we believe there’s a relationship | 你明白 我们相信 |
[07:43] | between Mr. Jones’ death | 琼斯先生的死亡 |
[07:45] | and the antidepressant he was testing for Dep. | 与他正为德普公司测试的抗抑郁药物之间有关 |
[07:48] | Really? I was, uh, under the impression | 是吗 我得知 |
[07:50] | that he fell off a roof. | 他是从屋顶上摔下来的 |
[07:53] | Jumped. | 是跳下 |
[07:56] | Well, this is the first I’ve heard | 我还是头一次听说 |
[07:57] | of any suicidal ideation in relationship to this drug. | 自杀意识与这药物有关 |
[08:01] | Um, have you gentlemen… | 你们… |
[08:03] | have you gentlemen done your homework? | 你们都做功课了吗 |
[08:05] | You know, if this side effect was even on our radar, | 你们要知道 如果我们检测到有这种副作用 |
[08:08] | we wouldn’t be doing human trials. | 我们是不会进行人体试验的 |
[08:09] | Um, FDA would simply not hear of it. | 食品药品管理局不会不知道 |
[08:12] | Now, what can I do for you? | 现在 有什么可以帮忙的吗 |
[08:15] | You can shoot off a flare | 你可以发出通告 |
[08:17] | and let everybody at the… | 让德普大家庭的 |
[08:19] | Dep family | 每一个人 |
[08:21] | know that we’re not gonna take you at your word | 知道我们不打算相信你所说的 |
[08:23] | that the new happy pill you’re getting ready to inflict | 你准备上市推广的抗抑郁药片 |
[08:25] | on the general public doesn’t, in fact, | 实际上并不会 |
[08:28] | make people want to shut off the lights and call it a day. | 导致人们自杀 |
[08:31] | If you’re looking for a settlement… | 如果你想和解… |
[08:33] | Oh, no. Thank you, Ms. Cander. | 不 谢谢 侃德女士 |
[08:35] | Quite the name, by the way. | 顺便说一下 你这名字不得了 |
[08:36] | Nothing like a little irony on your driver’s license | 写在驾照上 |
[08:39] | to keep your mood in check. | 像让你控制情绪一样讽刺 |
[08:40] | Says the man named Bull. | 说这话的人名字居然是布尔 |
[08:42] | Let me save you some time, | 别浪费时间了 娅蒂 |
[08:44] | Arti, Simon’s family is not gonna settle, | 西蒙家庭不打算进行和解 |
[08:47] | and there’s no amount of money | 协商赔偿金额 |
[08:48] | that’s gonna convince them otherwise. | 也办不到 |
[08:51] | Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[08:52] | The famous Dr. Jason Bull, | 著名的杰森·布尔博士 |
[08:55] | expert reader of human behavior, just misread me. | 人类行为学的解读专家 误读了我 |
[08:58] | We have no interest in settling. | 我们对和解没有兴趣 |
[09:00] | None. | 一点儿都没有 |
[09:02] | We’re very happy to prove in a court of law | 我们很乐意在法庭上证明 |
[09:03] | that this drug is perfectly safe. | 这种药完全安全 |
[09:06] | It may not be safe. | 这种药可能不安全 |
[09:07] | A man died while taking it. | 有人因为吃了这种药死了 |
[09:09] | So you say. | 这是你的说法 |
[09:10] | Then court it shall be. | 法庭也会这么想的 |
[09:12] | Excellent. | 那就太好了 |
[09:15] | I assume you’re general counsel for Dep Pharmaceutical. | 我猜你是德普制药集团的法务总监 |
[09:17] | Can I trouble you for a card? | 能给张名片我吗 |
[09:19] | I’m sorry to disappoint you, Dr. Bull, | 布尔先生 抱歉让你失望了 |
[09:22] | but I’m not general counsel for Dep. | 但我不是德普的法务总监 |
[09:24] | Then to whom have I been speaking? | 那跟我说话的是谁 |
[09:26] | I work for Tessa Snyder. | 我为泰莎·桑德工作 |
[09:28] | I’m her you. | 我是她的人 |
[09:30] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[09:32] | I’m a trial scientist, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 我是名诉讼学家 |
[09:33] | And I very much look forward to seeing you in court. | 很期待在法庭上见到你 |
[09:36] | Please, feel free to let yourselves out. | 麻烦自己离开吧 |
[10:06] | You gonna be joining us? | 一起来吗 |
[10:08] | No. Go ahead without me. | 不 你们去吧 |
[10:11] | The big news is | 有个重大消息 |
[10:12] | Dep Pharmaceutical is downright anxious to go to court. | 德普制药集团巴不得赶紧上法庭 |
[10:16] | Which leads me to believe that they have rock solid | 可以推断 他们掌握了关于西蒙的 |
[10:19] | information on Simon | 可靠消息 |
[10:21] | that they believe clears them of any culpability. | 并认为自己是完全无罪的 |
[10:24] | Cable? | 凯博 |
[10:25] | I’m digging, but, honestly, | 我在找 但说实话 |
[10:27] | I don’t think there’s any “there” there. | 我不认为还能发掘到什么 |
[10:29] | I knew Simon. We all did. | 我了解西蒙 我们都了解 |
[10:32] | Wh-What about the company itself? | 企业本身呢 |
[10:34] | This is Tessa Snyder, | 这是泰莎·桑德 |
[10:36] | the company CEO. | 企业总裁 |
[10:38] | A competitor once described her as “a burning hot pepper | 一位竞争者曾形容她为 “装成圣代冰淇淋的 |
[10:40] | disguised as an ice cream sunday” | 呛口辣椒” |
[10:42] | Wow. Can’t wait to meet her. | 等不及想见她了 |
[10:46] | – Danny? – ?Well, I’m trying to get a list | – 丹尼- 我正在找 |
[10:47] | of the other participants in the study. | 其他参与研究的人员名单 |
[10:49] | And, believe it or not, I may have a lead. | 信不信由你 我找到个线索 |
[10:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:52] | Well, I guess we’ll wait to hear from the big guy | 我想我们会等到大家伙 |
[10:56] | about voir dire. | 关于预审的消息 |
[10:57] | What’s he doing in there? | 他在那干嘛 |
[10:58] | It’s not what. | 重点不是做了什么 |
[11:00] | It’s who. | 是谁在那 |
[11:04] | Wait a second! Isn’t that London’s | 等等 那不是伦敦来的 |
[11:06] | Arti Cander? | 娅蒂·侃德吗 |
[11:07] | Is there nothing she can’t do? | 还有什么是她做不到的吗 |
[11:09] | Graduated with honors from Oxford, then moved to D.C. | 以优异成绩毕业于牛津 然后去了华盛顿 |
[11:11] | to become a lobbyist in the candy industry. | 从事糖果业的说客 |
[11:13] | Tough job. No one likes candy. | 艰难的工作 没人喜欢糖果 |
[11:15] | And then decided to start all over again | 然后决定重新开始 |
[11:17] | and enter the trial science business. | 进入了诉讼科学界 |
[11:19] | Mm. Someone figured out how to use Google. | 某人终于学会了用谷歌 |
[11:22] | But you left out the part | 但你漏了 |
[11:23] | where I spent three years at Georgetown | 我在乔治城学习了3年 |
[11:25] | studying law and human behavior. | 法律和人类行为学 |
[11:27] | Oh, and you. | 还有你 |
[11:28] | I forgot to mention this the other day, but | 我那天忘了说 但 |
[11:30] | I firmly do believe that you are one | 我坚信在你的领域 |
[11:32] | of the two best at what you do. | 你是两位顶尖高手之一 |
[11:33] | Wait. Is this the part where | 等等 这里我应该问 |
[11:35] | I’m supposed to say, “But who’s the other” | “另一位是谁” 吗 |
[11:36] | Oh, you don’t have to say it… just as long as you think it. | 你不用问… 跟你想的一样 |
[11:40] | So is it true you don’t use mirror jurors? | 所以你真的不用镜面陪审员吗 |
[11:42] | Yeah, I’ve never really seen the point. | 我觉得这样毫无意义 |
[11:43] | It’s an extrapolation once removed. | 一旦推翻理论剩下的就只是推论 |
[11:45] | Then how do you know what the jurors are thinking? | 那你怎么能知道陪审员的想法 |
[11:47] | I read them… all by myself. | 我研读他们… 靠我自己 |
[11:49] | You should try it sometime. | 你也该试试 |
[11:51] | Oh, I wouldn’t know where to begin. | 那我怎么知道从何入手 |
[11:52] | Perhaps after I’ve had the opportunity to study you. | 也许在我研读过你之后我就会了 |
[11:56] | Sorry. We’re not taking any new students at the moment. | 抱歉 现在我们不收新学员 |
[11:59] | I’ll see you in court, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 法庭上见 |
[12:06] | There he is. | 他在那 |
[12:07] | Dr. Jason Bull, this is Mr. and Mrs. Jones, Simon’s parents. | 杰森·布尔博士 这是琼斯夫妇 西蒙的父母 |
[12:11] | Thank you for doing this, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 谢谢你 |
[12:13] | Well, we haven’t done anything yet, but you’re very welcome. | 我们什么都还没做 但 不客气 |
[12:16] | Do you mind if I steal Mr. Colón for a moment? | 你们介意我和科隆先生说句话吗 |
[12:19] | Excuse me. | 稍等一下 |
[12:25] | I am totally in the dark about our approach to voir dire. | 我对接我们预审怎么办毫无头绪 |
[12:28] | That would make two of us, Bull. | 我们俩都是 布尔 |
[12:30] | Is it as simple as finding people | 找到对制药企业 |
[12:31] | who feel anger towards the pharmaceutical companies? | 不满的人还容易吗 |
[12:34] | ‘Cause there are plenty of those. | 因为那样的人很多 |
[12:35] | I wish. No. | 我到是希望 但没那么简单 |
[12:37] | Just because people are mad at a company | 不是说因为人们对一家公司不满 |
[12:38] | or even an entire industry doesn’t mean | 或对整个制药行业不满 |
[12:40] | they’re gonna side with us. | 就代表他们会站在我们这边 |
[12:42] | Shared experience does not equal empathy. | 相似的经历不等于同情 |
[12:46] | In fact, a lot of times, it’s just the opposite. | 事实上 在很多时候 刚好会相反 |
[12:48] | It’s called the empathy gap. | 这称之为共情缺口 |
[12:50] | I worry that they are gonna see Simon as someone | 我担心他们会把西蒙说成是 |
[12:53] | who willingly signed up for a risky job in an industry | 自愿参加这样的高风险工作 |
[12:56] | famous for its greed and arrogance, | 自愿为这样贪婪傲慢的行业工作 |
[12:58] | and should have known better. | 他自己应该做好功课 |
[13:00] | Mm-hmm. So, what are we looking for? | 那我们在寻找什么 |
[13:02] | Perversely, I am thinking | 反过来 我在考虑 |
[13:04] | of going after jurors who trust powerful corporations. | 从那些相信大公司的陪审员下手 |
[13:08] | Now I’m confused. | 我不懂了 |
[13:09] | I would’ve thought that’s exactly who we don’t want. | 我以为他们完全不是我们需要的人 |
[13:11] | Think about it. | 想一想 |
[13:12] | Who better to understand what happened to Simon | 谁会比那些对大公司死心塌地的人 |
[13:15] | than someone who takes big companies at their word. | 更了解西蒙身上发生了什么 |
[13:18] | We’ll tell them a story about a young man | 我们要告诉他们的是 |
[13:20] | who trusted the people he worked for, | 这是一个忠心耿耿工作的年轻人 |
[13:23] | never questioning their intentions | 从不质疑上司的意图及诚意 |
[13:25] | or their honesty till it was too late. | 直到一切太晚 无可挽回 |
[13:29] | And hopefully, we’ll shock ’em into siding with us. | 希望把他们唬到我们的阵营 |
[13:33] | Mm. Well, | 好 |
[13:35] | at the very least, she’ll never see it coming. | 至少她料不到我们会这样做 |
[13:38] | Eddie Dunn, 33 years old. | 艾迪·顿 33岁 |
[13:40] | He is a toy wholesaler, so, | 他是一个玩具供应商 |
[13:42] | he depends on big manufacturers for his livelihood. | 依靠大型加工厂谋生 |
[13:45] | He is the poster boy for the kind of juror they think | 他是陪审员想要并认为我们 |
[13:47] | they want and think we don’t. | 不希望他出现的模范人物 |
[13:49] | Excellent. This should be fun. | 真棒 这会很有趣 |
[13:50] | Say you buy a product… | 你买了一个产品 |
[13:52] | sandwich bags… you get them home, | 三明治袋… 你把袋子拿回家 |
[13:54] | but none of the zippers work. | 但拉链都坏了 |
[13:56] | What do you do? Do you drive | 你会怎么做 |
[13:58] | all the way back to the store | 你会开车回商店 |
[14:00] | and make them exchange it for another box? | 要求他们换一个吗 |
[14:02] | Do you, uh, write to the manufacturer? | 你会写信给厂家吗 |
[14:04] | Or do you just | 还是说 |
[14:06] | shrug it off, throw the box away and get on with your life? | 你只是耸耸肩 把袋子扔开继续生活 |
[14:09] | Me? I’d go back to the store. | 我吗 我会回商店 |
[14:10] | – Because? – ?Any reputable store is gonna want | – 因为什么 – 任何一家有信誉的商店 |
[14:13] | to make good on that purchase. | 都应该保证商品的质量 |
[14:15] | And so is the manufacturer, by the way. | 顺带一提 厂家也是 |
[14:18] | There’s nothing to be gained by angering a customer. | 从愤怒的客户身上什么都得不到 |
[14:20] | This juror’s acceptable to the defense. | 辩方接受这名陪审员 |
[14:22] | He’s good, but Bull’s gonna strike him. | 他很好 但布尔会除掉他的名字 |
[14:25] | Does the plaintiff wish to question this juror? | 原告需要对陪审员进行提问吗 |
[14:27] | This juror is acceptable to the plaintiff, too, Your Honor. | 原告对陪审员没有疑问 法官阁下 |
[14:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:34] | If you have a choice, do you prefer store brand products, | 如果你可以选择 你会选择一般品牌的商品 |
[14:37] | or name brand products? | 还是名牌商品 |
[14:39] | Most of the time, store brand. | 大部分时候 一般的 |
[14:40] | Any particular reason why? | 有什么特别原因吗 |
[14:42] | Bears don’t use toilet paper. | 熊不用卫生纸 |
[14:44] | And mermaids don’t drink coffee. | 美人鱼不喝咖啡 |
[14:46] | I’m not paying for the trademark. | 我不会为商标付费 |
[14:48] | I’m paying for the product. | 我为商品本身买单 |
[14:50] | – That’s very clever. – Mm-hmm. | – 非常聪明 – 是的 |
[14:52] | Move to strike, Your Honor. | 不接受这位陪审员 法官阁下 |
[14:55] | How do you feel about drug companies? | 你对医药公司怎么看 |
[14:56] | I wish their drugs cost less. | 我希望他们的药卖的便宜一点 |
[14:58] | But then… I wish everything cost less. | 当然 我希望所有东西都卖的便宜一点 |
[15:00] | Hear, hear. | 当然 |
[15:02] | But not withstanding price, | 但如果忽略价格因素 |
[15:03] | how do you feel about drug companies? | 你对医药公司有什么感觉 |
[15:05] | I mean, do you use prescription drugs at all? | 你会用处方药吗 |
[15:08] | I have a couple of prescriptions, yes. | 我当然会用处方药 |
[15:09] | And do they do what they’re supposed to do? | 这些药有作用吗 |
[15:12] | Help you with the things you | 有没有在你需要帮助的时候 |
[15:13] | – need them to help with? – Yes. | – 提供帮助 – 是的 |
[15:15] | Would you miss them if you didn’t have them? | 如果没有医药公司 你再也得不到这种帮助 |
[15:17] | Couldn’t get them? | 你会想念他们吗 |
[15:18] | Yes, definitely. | 当然会 |
[15:19] | So back to my first question, | 那么回到第一个问题 |
[15:21] | how do you feel about drug companies? | 你对医药公司有什么看法 |
[15:25] | I guess I’m kind of grateful for them. | 我想我因该感谢他们 |
[15:28] | She’s great. | 她很棒 |
[15:30] | This juror is acceptable to the defense. | 被告同意此人加入陪审团 |
[15:32] | And to the plaintiff, Your Honor. | 原告也同意 法官大人 |
[15:35] | Ladies and gentlemen, we have a jury. | 女士们先生们 陪审团已经定下来了 |
[15:38] | The rest of you are dismissed. | 其他人可以离开了 |
[15:39] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢 占用你们的时间了 |
[15:44] | Well, that was easy. | 很简单啊 |
[15:45] | What are you trying to pull? | 你想干什么 |
[15:46] | What are you talking about? | 你什么意思 |
[15:47] | You mean the jurors? | 你说陪审团 |
[15:49] | Great minds think alike. | 英雄所见略同 |
[15:52] | You look puzzled. | 你看起来很疑惑 |
[15:54] | Can’t you read me? | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[15:55] | I’d just like to understand. That’s all. | 我只是在试着理解你 就是这样 |
[15:57] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[15:58] | We’re not taking new students at the moment. | 我们现在已经不收新学员了 |
[16:01] | See you in court, Ms. Cander. | 法庭上见 侃德女士 |
[16:31] | Cable. | 凯博 |
[16:33] | Cable! | 凯博 |
[16:35] | So what did you discover working | 上了个夜班之后 |
[16:37] | the graveyard shift? | 你都发现什么了 |
[16:38] | Bunch of stuff. | 好多东西 |
[16:39] | A complete record of every delivery Simon ever made | 西蒙在快速城市运输 |
[16:42] | for Rush City Courier. | 送过的所有快递单 |
[16:43] | And Danny e-mailed me that she might’ve found another subject | 丹尼给我发邮件说她可能在西蒙的案子里 |
[16:46] | in Simon’s trial, and last but not least, | 找到了另一个问题 最后 |
[16:49] | my very big score… an old friend of Simon’s. | 我的最大发现 是找到了西蒙的一个老朋友 |
[16:54] | And this friend is relevant why? | 为什么这个朋友和这案子有关系 |
[16:56] | I don’t know. It’s really a long shot. | 我不知道 我只是在碰运气 |
[16:59] | But the funny thing is, I didn’t even find him on the Internet. | 有趣的是 我在网上找不到他的信息 |
[17:02] | I dug up his application from when he worked here, | 我在他工作的地方调出了他的申请表 |
[17:05] | and under emergency contact, he put this guy. | 在紧急联系人一栏 他填了这个朋友 |
[17:08] | His name is Tom Greaver. | 他叫汤姆·格雷弗 |
[17:10] | Never mentioned him to me | 我们认识了这么久 |
[17:11] | the whole time we knew each other, but | 他从没跟我提过这个人 |
[17:13] | put someone as your emergency contact, | 但他把这人填进了紧急联系人 |
[17:15] | they’ve got to know a lot about you. | 那他们肯定是很熟了 |
[17:17] | Hmm. You should come to court. | 你该来法庭 |
[17:20] | We’re there because of you. | 我们是因为你才上庭的 |
[17:22] | Simon and I | 西蒙和我 |
[17:23] | were incredibly close. | 非常的亲密 |
[17:26] | We spoke twice a week… Mondays and Thursdays. | 我们一周打两次电话 周一和周四 |
[17:29] | He always called me. | 总是他打给我 |
[17:31] | 7:30 at night. | 晚上七点半的时候 |
[17:33] | You could set your clock by it. | 每次都很准时 |
[17:35] | And then one Thursday, um, | 突然有一个周四 |
[17:38] | a little over two months ago, my phone didn’t ring, | 那是大概两个月前了 我的电话没有响 |
[17:41] | so I worried. | 我就有些担心 |
[17:44] | And finally, | 终于 |
[17:46] | despite my better judgment, I called him. | 我忍不住了 我就打给了他 |
[17:50] | Did he answer? | 他接了吗 |
[17:52] | Yes and no. | 是 也不是 |
[17:54] | How do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[17:55] | It was Simon, but it wasn’t my Simon. | 接起来的是西蒙 但不是我的西蒙 |
[18:00] | He just sounded different. | 他听起来很不对劲 |
[18:02] | Muted. | 很沉默 |
[18:04] | Like some part of him had disappeared | 像是他身体里的某一部分消失了一样 |
[18:07] | or… been put away. | 或者 被藏起来了 |
[18:09] | And did you know at this point | 那个时候 |
[18:11] | that he had started the Dep drug trial three days earlier? | 你知道他三天前开始进行了德普的药物测试吗 |
[18:14] | No. | 不知道 |
[18:16] | I just knew something was different. | 我只知道有什么东西变了 |
[18:19] | And not for the better. | 而且不是向好的方向 |
[18:22] | Your witness. | 如您所见 |
[18:26] | Earth to TAC. | 呼叫TAC |
[18:27] | Tell me what you see. | 告诉我你看见了什么 |
[18:29] | Well, because of the strategy | 因为你采取的战略是 |
[18:30] | you’re using of starting with jurors | 选择倾向于 |
[18:32] | who are predisposed to trust big companies, | 相信大公司的陪审团成员 |
[18:35] | you’re at a disadvantage coming out of the box. | 所以一开始你就不占优势 |
[18:37] | You began the morning with ten red jurors | 今早开始 陪审团中有十个红方 |
[18:39] | and only two green ones. | 只有两个绿方 |
[18:40] | And that hasn’t changed. | 到现在也没变过 |
[18:42] | But she doesn’t know that. | 但她可不知道 |
[18:43] | You mean Arti? How could she? | 你说娅蒂吗 怎么会呢 |
[18:45] | Our condolences, Mrs. Jones. | 请您节哀 琼斯女士 |
[18:47] | You said your son seemed, uh, | 你说你的儿子那天 |
[18:50] | different that day. | 看起来有些不一样 |
[18:52] | – He did. – Did he mention | – 是的 – 他有没有提过 |
[18:54] | to you that he had quit his job? | 他辞掉了他的工作 |
[18:57] | No, he did not. | 不 没有 |
[18:58] | Did he mention to you that he decided instead | 他有没有提过他准备把工作换成 |
[19:00] | to become a bike messenger? | 单车快递员 |
[19:03] | No, he did not. | 他没有 |
[19:04] | And you’ve already testified that he hadn’t confided in you | 你已经证实了他没有向你吐露 |
[19:07] | that he was participating in a drug trial. | 他去参加了药物实验的事情 |
[19:10] | So isn’t it a bit… disingenuous | 那么说你们很亲密这件事 |
[19:13] | to talk about how close you were? | 是否不太真实 |
[19:17] | And couldn’t it be that the reason | 这是否可以解释 |
[19:19] | he sounded… what word did you use?… muted was because | 他听起来…你刚才说…沉默的原因 |
[19:23] | he was keeping so many secrets from you? | 是因为他向你隐瞒了太多的秘密 |
[19:25] | Objection! | 反对 |
[19:26] | The counselor has asked two questions in a row | 辩方律师连续问了两个问题 |
[19:28] | without letting the witness answer. | 且没有给证人回答时间 |
[19:30] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[19:32] | Mr. Hansen, if you could please ask one question | 汉森先生 你能不能只问一个问题 |
[19:35] | and wait for the witness to answer. | 然后等待证人说出答案 |
[19:39] | Mrs. Jones, do you have any education | 琼斯女士 你曾接受过这方面教育吗 |
[19:43] | or certification or training of any kind | 或者是获得过这方面证书 或是任何培训 |
[19:46] | that allows you to hypothesize | 来让你听到对方电话里的声音时 |
[19:48] | from hearing someone’s voice on the phone | 就可以假设 |
[19:51] | whether they have been affected in any way | 他们是否在某些方面 |
[19:53] | by a medication they might have taken? | 被药物影响了 |
[19:56] | No, I do not. | 不 没有 |
[20:00] | No further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[20:02] | There is so little movement here, I’m starting to wonder | 已经取得一些进展了 我在想 |
[20:04] | if we’re having a systems failure. | 我们的系统是不是出问题了 |
[20:06] | I’m trying to put a good face on this, but you’re not helping. | 我在试着保持乐观了 但你一点忙都没帮上 |
[20:18] | Kevin? Kevin Wright? | 凯文 凯文·怀特 |
[20:20] | Hi. Um, can I ask you some questions | 嗨 我能问你几个问题吗 |
[20:24] | about a clinical trial you participated in? | 是关于你正在参加的临床药物实验的 |
[20:34] | You were in the Dep Pharmaceutical | 你参加了德普制药公司的 |
[20:35] | antidepressant trial, yeah? | 抗抑郁药物实验是吧 |
[20:37] | That was supposed to be confidential. | 那个应该是保密的 |
[20:39] | It’s not something I’m really anxious | 不是什么 |
[20:41] | for people to know about. | 我非常想让别人知道的事 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry if I startled you. | 如果我吓着你了 我非常抱歉 |
[20:45] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[20:47] | one of the other participants, Simon Jones, died. | 另外的一个参与者 西蒙·琼斯 死了 |
[20:51] | Committed suicide, actually. | 是自杀 |
[20:54] | I’m just trying to figure out what happened. | 我只是想知道到底发生了什么 |
[20:58] | Did you know each other well? | 你们彼此认识吗 |
[21:01] | Uh, we never really hung out or anything, but… | 我们不算太熟 但 |
[21:04] | we ended up in a lot of the same trials. | 我们一起参加了很多测试 |
[21:07] | Once you do one, and you see how easy it is, | 你做过一个就知道这事多简单了 |
[21:09] | how much money they pay… | 他们会付多少钱 |
[21:12] | We were both what they call healthy volunteers, | 我们都是所谓的健康志愿受试者 |
[21:15] | and there was a big demand for that, so… | 对我们这类人是存在大量需求的 所以 |
[21:19] | I’m sorry. Uh, my head is spinning. | 不好意思 我的头晕乎乎的 |
[21:21] | It’s a shock. | 这太震惊了 |
[21:23] | Well, forgive me. What’s a healthy volunteer? | 抱歉打断一下 什么是健康志愿受试者 |
[21:25] | Uh, people who don’t have the illness | 就是没有患有 |
[21:27] | the drug is being tested for. | 所试药物针对病状的人们 |
[21:29] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[21:30] | Well, last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[21:32] | Why did you drop out of the study? | 你后来为什么退出了测试 |
[21:33] | When I’m not working at the gym, | 我不在健身房上班的时候 |
[21:35] | I’m training for marathons. | 我一直在练马拉松 |
[21:36] | I try to do six to eight miles a day. | 每天跑六到八英里 |
[21:38] | Been doing it for years. | 已经持续几年了 |
[21:40] | But a couple of days after I started the Dep trial, I… | 但在我开始进行德普药物测试后的几天 我 |
[21:44] | I don’t know. I… | 我也不知道 |
[21:47] | I started having these feelings of… dread. | 我开始感到 恐惧 |
[21:52] | I was supposed to fly to Chicago for a friend’s wedding. | 我本该飞去芝加哥参加朋友的婚礼 |
[21:55] | Couldn’t get on the plane. | 但最后我没能上成飞机 |
[21:57] | Became convinced that it was gonna crash. | 我很确信飞机最后要出事 |
[21:59] | And that same weekend… I think it was Saturday morning… | 也是那一周 好像是周六早上 |
[22:03] | I couldn’t get out of bed. | 我跟本下不了床 |
[22:05] | Just skipped training altogether, and I never do that. | 什么训练都没有参加 我从来不会这样 |
[22:08] | But then the next day, Sunday, | 但是第二天 也就是周日 |
[22:11] | I’m running across Brooklyn Bridge, | 我跑过布鲁克林大桥的时候 |
[22:13] | and I’m staring down at the water, | 我开始注视河水 |
[22:16] | and the next thing I know, I stop | 然后我停了下来 |
[22:20] | and I’m figuring out how to get over the rail | 我开始思考怎么才能翻过围栏 |
[22:23] | and onto the crossbeam so I can jump, | 站上大梁 这样我才能跳下去 |
[22:28] | because that’s what my body wants to do. | 因为我的身体就想这么做 |
[22:31] | It wants to fall. | 它想跳下去 |
[22:33] | It wants to be in the water. | 它想跳进水中 |
[22:36] | It wants to never come back up. | 它想就这么结束 |
[22:40] | But I stopped myself. I… | 但是我停下了 |
[22:43] | sat down there right on the bridge, | 我坐在桥上 |
[22:45] | tried to breathe. | 试着呼吸 |
[22:47] | Called my parents. | 我给父母打了电话 |
[22:50] | I didn’t want to die, | 我还不想死 |
[22:52] | but my mind was telling me to let go. | 但是我的大脑高告诉我放手吧 |
[22:55] | There’s nothing scarier than realizing your brain | 最可怕的就是你发现自己的大脑 |
[22:57] | is plotting against you. | 和身体对着干 |
[23:01] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有问题了 法官阁下 |
[23:05] | Ah, things are looking up. | 事情有好转 |
[23:07] | Two of theirs just became two of ours. | 对方有两位陪审员改变态度了 |
[23:12] | Does the defense have any questions for the witness? | 辩方还有问题要问证人吗 |
[23:16] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 |
[23:18] | Do you recognize this document? | 你记得这份文件吗 |
[23:21] | I-I do. | 是的 |
[23:22] | It’s a consent form I signed | 这是我作为德普医药公司 |
[23:24] | to participate in the Dep Pharmaceutical trial. | 试验同意书 |
[23:26] | And, uh, is this your signature | 最下面的 |
[23:28] | at the bottom of it? | 是你的签名吗 |
[23:30] | It is. | 是的 |
[23:31] | And, uh, can you tell us the purpose | 你能告诉我们 |
[23:33] | of the mandatory washout period? | 强制清除期的目的是什么吗 |
[23:36] | It’s mentioned in the third paragraph there. | 第三段中有提 |
[23:39] | It’s, uh, the period of time between drug trials. | 那是在药物测试中的一段时间 |
[23:44] | It’s something the companies insist on. | 这是公司坚持要求的 |
[23:46] | It exists to make sure their drugs don’t interact | 为确保他们的药物不会与 |
[23:50] | with someone else’s drug from an earlier trial. | 之前的药物发生作用 |
[23:52] | I think we’ve just been “Candered.” | 我们被耍了 |
[23:54] | And on this form you signed, | 在你签的这份表上 |
[23:57] | how long is the specified washout period? | 这段时间有多久 |
[23:59] | It specifies 30 days. | 有30天 |
[24:02] | 30 days. | 30天 |
[24:03] | And what were you doing 27 days | 那在你开始参与德普公司新药测试的 |
[24:06] | before you started the Dep Pharmaceutical trial? | 27天前你在干什么 |
[24:09] | Remember, you are under oath. | 记住 你是宣过誓的 |
[24:13] | Well, I was doing a lot of things. | 我当时在做很多事 |
[24:15] | But, uh, one of them was, I was finishing up | 但其中一项就是我正在结束 |
[24:20] | the Manhattan Hill Medical painkiller trial. | 曼哈顿山医疗止痛药的测试 |
[24:22] | Last day, last dose. | 最后一天 最后一剂 |
[24:24] | And do you happen to know if Simon Jones | 那你知不知道 西蒙·琼斯 |
[24:26] | was in that trial as well? | 是否也参加了那次测试 |
[24:28] | Um, yes, he was. | 没错 他参加了 |
[24:31] | What drug trial are they talking about? | 他们在说什么测试 |
[24:33] | Where are they getting this | 他们从哪里知道的 |
[24:34] | and why don’t we have it? | 我们怎么没有资料 |
[24:35] | Is 27 days the same thing as 30 days? | 27天和30天一样吗 |
[24:38] | – Of course not. – Then how do you know | – 当然不 – 那你怎么知道 |
[24:40] | it wasn’t the interaction of the painkiller | 抗抑郁要是和止痛药 |
[24:41] | with the antidepressant that caused | 相互作用了 |
[24:43] | the suicidal ideation the two of you experienced? | 才导致了你们经历的自杀念头 |
[24:45] | Because… I know. | 因为 我就是知道 |
[24:49] | Look, we’ve done so many of these things. | 听着 我们之前做过许多这样的测试 |
[24:51] | And it’s… everyone does it. | 所有人都是 |
[24:55] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[25:13] | I don’t understand. You interviewed Kevin. | 我不懂了 你之前和凯文聊过了 |
[25:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:16] | Obviously he didn’t tell methat he and Simon | 但很显然他没有告诉我 |
[25:18] | weren’t living up to their consent | 他和西蒙没有做到同意书中 |
[25:19] | form agreements | 要求的 |
[25:20] | And there was no way of knowingabout the other drug trial. | 也没有说其他药物测试的事情 |
[25:22] | Drug trials in the research stages of pre-FDA approval | 测试阶段的药物是收到监管局支持的 |
[25:25] | don’t need to be reported. | 不必上报 |
[25:27] | – Well, Dep knew about it. – No. | – 德普一定知道 – 不 |
[25:29] | My guess is, Manhattan Hill Medical tipped them off. | 我猜是曼哈顿山医疗举报了他们 |
[25:33] | These drug companies are fiercely competitive, | 这些药品公司竞争相当激烈 |
[25:36] | but they don’t like the idea of being taken to the cleaners | 但是他们也不愿意被这些小白鼠们摆一道 |
[25:39] | by some guinea pig that they use to pay chump change | 何况他们还在付钱 |
[25:42] | to test their new products. | 来测试新药 |
[25:44] | Where are we with the jurors? | 那些陪审团员什么情况了 |
[25:45] | Ten against us, two for us. | 10个反对 2个支持 |
[25:47] | There’s no movement at all? | 没有任何变化吗 |
[25:49] | Sometimes it goes to 11 against us. | 有时候会有11个反对的 |
[25:51] | How about that emergency contact guy? Tom? | 那那个紧急联系人呢 汤姆 |
[25:54] | Tom Greaver. I can’t find him. | 汤姆·格雷弗 我找不到他 |
[25:57] | Nor can I. | 我也是 |
[25:59] | He’s virtually invisible online. | 他完全没有踪迹 |
[26:01] | What about tracking down other participants in Simon’s trial? | 找没找其他的参与者 |
[26:03] | We’re all trying. | 我们都在努力了 |
[26:06] | Okay. Who is, uh, our next witness, counselor? | 好吧 那下一个证人是谁 |
[26:10] | We, uh, really don’t have one. | 我们没有下一个了 |
[26:16] | Terrific. | 太棒了 |
[26:18] | Tomorrow morning when we rest our non-case, | 明早开庭 |
[26:19] | the only mystery will be, | 唯一的谜团 |
[26:22] | is the defense gonna have a field day toying with us, | 就是被告方耍我们耍的团团转 |
[26:24] | or will they be humane and ask for an immediate dismissal? | 或者还有点人性结束案子 |
[26:28] | I’m sorry, Dr. Bull. | 抱歉 布尔博士 |
[26:30] | I never should have come to you with this. | 我最初就不该把你拉进这个案子 |
[26:33] | Well, that’s why I normally make it a point | 这就是为什么我通常不会 |
[26:36] | not to work on behalf of immature slackers | 代表不成熟不靠谱的人工作 |
[26:39] | who quit without notice, | 一声不响就离职 |
[26:40] | lie without giving it a second thought, | 撒谎不打草稿 |
[26:42] | and jump off rooftops without any regard | 然后不考虑其他人 |
[26:44] | for the people they leave behind. | 说跳楼就跳楼 |
[26:47] | But that’s just me. | 不过也就是我这么想吧 |
[26:56] | He’s busy. | 忙着呢 |
[27:04] | Pretty, uh… | 你刚刚 |
[27:06] | Pretty savage out there, huh? | 你刚刚很暴躁啊 |
[27:08] | I don’t like to lose. | 我不喜欢输官司 |
[27:11] | The case or the girl? | 输官司还是输给那个女士 |
[27:12] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[27:14] | No. You didn’t do us any favors with the jury. | 在陪审团的选择上你也没做什么 |
[27:18] | Only people who trust corporations? That… | 不过就是选出相信公司的人吗 |
[27:23] | That is a hell of a mountain to climb | 想要证明公司的不法行为 |
[27:25] | when you’re trying to prove corporate malfeasance. | 这可真是一座大山要爬啊 |
[27:29] | And don’t try to tell me it wasn’t for that girl. | 别告诉我这不是因为那个女的 |
[27:32] | “I’m Dr. Bull. Here… | “我是布尔博士 |
[27:35] | “I’ll give you the jurors that you want, | “我让你挑你想要的 |
[27:37] | and I’ll till beat you, right?” | 到最后我还是能打败你 对吧 |
[27:39] | You happy now? | 你现在开心了吗 |
[27:41] | You rode to the rescue and reminded me | 你跑来提醒我 |
[27:42] | there’s plenty of blame to go around. | 还有一大堆指责等着我 |
[27:44] | Benny the hero. | 本尼真是个大英雄 |
[27:48] | Now leave me alone. | 现在出去吧 |
[27:50] | I’m preparing for tomorrow. | 我还要准备明天的庭审 |
[28:00] | Mr. Hansen, call your first witness. | 汉森先生 请传唤第一位证人 |
[28:01] | The defense would like | 辩有请 |
[28:03] | to call Tom Greaver to the stand. | 汤姆·格雷弗站上证人席 |
[28:08] | How the hell did they find him? | 他们是怎么找到他的 |
[28:11] | The more important question is… why? | 更重要的问题是 为什么 |
[28:17] | We met in college. | 我们是大学认识的 |
[28:19] | Liked all the same stuff… | 喜欢的事情都一样 |
[28:21] | drinking beers, listening to music. | 喝喝啤酒 听听音乐 |
[28:23] | Drinking beers? | 喝啤酒 |
[28:25] | You know, on Simon’s consent form, | 西蒙的同意书上写着他不饮酒 |
[28:26] | he said that he doesn’t drink. | 他说他不喝酒 |
[28:28] | Well, this was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前了 |
[28:30] | We were 18. | 我们当时才18岁 |
[28:32] | I’m pretty sure he was telling the truth. | 我很确定他现在不喝酒了 |
[28:34] | In fact, I’m certain of it. | 我肯定 |
[28:36] | And what makes you so certain? | 你为什么这么肯定 |
[28:38] | Did something happen? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[28:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[28:43] | Around the same time, freshman year, | 大概就是那时候 大一 |
[28:48] | Simon OD’d on heroin. | 西蒙吸食海洛因过量 |
[28:51] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[28:52] | No. | 别这样 |
[28:54] | Happened at my house. | 就在我家 |
[28:56] | He came home with me one weekend. | 他有一周和我一起回家 |
[29:00] | My mom was an emergency room nurse | 我妈妈是急诊护士 |
[29:01] | and she saved him by giving him Narcan. | 她注射了纳洛酮救回了他 |
[29:05] | No one ever knew. | 没人知道 |
[29:06] | There was no record. | 没有记录 |
[29:10] | I know his parents never knew. | 我知道他的父母一直被蒙在鼓里 |
[29:14] | After that… | 从那以后 |
[29:17] | …he just went completely sober. | 他就全都戒了 |
[29:19] | No drugs, no alcohol, no nothing. | 不嗑药 不喝酒 全戒了 |
[29:22] | You think the overdose was intentional? | 你认为他药物过量是蓄意为之的 |
[29:24] | Objection. Counselor calling for speculation. | 反对 律师在诱导猜测 |
[29:27] | I’ll withdraw the question. | 我撤回问题 |
[29:29] | Yeah, but he can’t withdraw the inference. | 但推断却无法撤回 |
[29:32] | She’s good, damn it. | 她太厉害了 |
[29:34] | She’s killing us. | 咱俩会活不下去的 |
[29:37] | She is representing her client like a pit bull, | 她就像只斗牛犬一样出庭 |
[29:39] | and she’s not gonna let a pesky thing | 而且她也不会允许 |
[29:41] | like the truth stand in her way. | 让真相这种恼人玩意儿挡道 |
[29:42] | Bull, I’m sorry to interrupt, | 布尔 抱歉打断你 |
[29:44] | but we just went to 12 red jurors. | 但是我这边有12个陪审员都被标红了 |
[29:47] | Yes! Yes, I got it. | 太棒了 我搞定了 |
[29:49] | I got it. | 搞定了 |
[29:50] | Tell them to request a recess, a break. | 告诉他们你需要休庭 |
[29:53] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[29:54] | I found Tom Greaver. | 我找到了 汤姆·格雷弗 |
[29:57] | He changed his name. | 他改了名字 |
[30:06] | So we misdirect here, then we… | 所以我们在这里误导了陪审团 然后 |
[30:08] | Cable. | 凯博 |
[30:10] | Thank you for these. | 谢谢你提供的信息 |
[30:17] | I’m really glad you came. | 很高兴你来了 |
[30:18] | Yeah. | 我也是 |
[30:20] | Hope it makes a difference. | 希望能有用 |
[30:21] | Oh, I think it might. | 我觉得会的 |
[30:25] | I’m glad you came, too. | 我也很高兴你来了 |
[30:28] | And if I was harsh last night… | 如果我昨晚对你很严厉的话 |
[30:31] | Oh, you were. | 你是很严厉 |
[30:33] | But we’ve been together a while, | 不过我们合作也有一段时间了 |
[30:35] | so I know it’s only because you care. | 我知道你那样做只是因为你很在意 |
[30:37] | I hate to lose. | 我讨厌输的感觉 |
[30:41] | Let’s go with yours. | 我们试试你来带的证据吧 |
[30:44] | That was, uh… | 你在休庭前 |
[30:46] | quite a fascinating story you told | 讲述的有关你朋友西蒙的故事 |
[30:47] | about your friend Simon just before we adjourned. | 的确非常引人入胜 |
[30:49] | It wasn’t a story. | 那不是一个故事 |
[30:52] | I didn’t mean to imply anything, Mr. Greaver. | 我并没有想暗示什么 格雷弗先生 |
[30:56] | But I am curious. | 但我很好奇 |
[30:59] | Your mom kept Narcan at home? | 你母亲在家中常备着纳洛酮 |
[31:02] | Well, like I said, she was an emergency room nurse. | 我说过了 她是个急救科护士 |
[31:04] | Still… | 可是 |
[31:06] | was she anticipating your best friend suffering an overdose | 她会预料到你最好的朋友会药物过量吗 |
[31:09] | or was she just the best prepared mom on the block? | 还是她是一个准备非常充分的母亲 |
[31:12] | Objection. Calls for speculation, | 反对 诱导猜测 |
[31:13] | and counselor’s tone is provocative. | 律师的语气是在挑衅 |
[31:16] | I’ll withdraw the question. | 我撤回问题 |
[31:17] | Now, if I wanted | 那么 |
[31:19] | to corroborate this story, who can I speak to? | 如果我想讲述这个故事 我该向谁讲 |
[31:22] | Say, your mom, or…? | 你的母亲呢 还是 |
[31:24] | Unfortunately, she passed four years ago. | 不幸的是 她四年前就去世了 |
[31:27] | I’m so sorry to hear that. | 非常抱歉 |
[31:29] | Okay. All right. So-so-so let’s review. | 好 我们来回顾一下 |
[31:32] | Your mother’s no longer with us. | 你的妈妈已经去世了 |
[31:34] | Simon is no longer with us. | 西蒙也不在了 |
[31:36] | Really, the only person that we can rely on | 说真的 对于故事的真实性来说 |
[31:38] | regarding the truthfulness of the story is-is you. | 我们唯一能依靠的人只有你了 |
[31:41] | Isn’t that correct? | 我说的没错吧 |
[31:42] | Yeah. I suppose that’s true. | 是的 我想是这样的 |
[31:45] | The only reason I mention it, is… | 我之所以提到这点 |
[31:49] | we can’t find any history whatsoever on Simon, | 是因为我们无法找到 |
[31:52] | with regard to drug use. | 西蒙有嗑药的背景 |
[31:54] | None. | 没有 |
[31:57] | But there is quite a dossier on a fellow named Tom Belmond, | 倒是有一大堆关于汤姆·贝尔蒙的卷宗 |
[32:01] | who went to college with you and Simon. | 这个哥们儿与你和西蒙一起读大学 |
[32:04] | Arrests for, uh, possession. | 因为持有毒品被捕 |
[32:06] | Arrests for sales of narcotics. | 因为出售毒品被捕 |
[32:08] | Three hospitalizations | 三次因为药物过量 |
[32:09] | for overdoses, and then, | 而入院治疗 而且 |
[32:11] | ultimately, of course, expulsion. | 最终 他被学校除名 |
[32:13] | What’s that sound? | 什么声音 |
[32:14] | Is that the sound of jurors starting to move? | 是陪审团大吃一惊的声音吗 |
[32:17] | Do you happen to know a Tom Belmond? | 你不会碰巧认识这位汤姆·贝尔蒙吧 |
[32:21] | I’m-I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[32:22] | I-I didn’t hear your response. | 我没有听到你的回答 |
[32:24] | You ever hear of a Tom Belmond? | 你听说过汤姆·贝尔蒙吗 |
[32:28] | I see, you’re-you’re having trouble with this. | 看来你不太明白我的提问 |
[32:30] | Okay. All right. I-I’ll make it a little easier for you. | 没关系 我问得简单点 |
[32:34] | Aren’t you Tom Belmond? | 你是不是汤姆·贝尔蒙本人 |
[32:36] | Objection. Is the attorney asking questions | 反对 律师到底是在提问 |
[32:38] | or making third party pronouncements? | 还是在发表第三方声明 |
[32:40] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[32:42] | Ask a question, counselor. | 律师 请提问 |
[32:43] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[32:44] | You just got back your two jurors from yesterday. | 你成功的拉回两个陪审员 |
[32:47] | – I feel the wind shifting. – Didn’t you change your name | – 我嗅到风向在变 – 你是不是将名字 |
[32:49] | from Tom Belmond to Tom Greaver precisely, | 从汤姆·贝尔蒙改为了汤姆·格雷弗 |
[32:51] | so you can avoid having to mention | 以免在找工作和买房时 |
[32:53] | your arrest history, your history with drugs, | 提及自己被逮捕的历史 |
[32:55] | while seeking employment and housing… | 以及嗑药的历史 |
[32:57] | I wanted a fresh start, okay? | 我想重新开始 好吗 |
[33:00] | I made a lot of mistakes as a kid, but… | 年轻时我犯了很多错误 |
[33:02] | One more just came over. | 又回来一个陪审员 |
[33:05] | – We are now at nine red and three green. – And isn’t it true | – 目前九红 三绿 – 你的母亲 |
[33:07] | your mother smuggled Narcan out of the emergency room, | 从急救室偷回了纳洛酮 |
[33:09] | not because she was worried about Simon, | 不是因为她担心西蒙 |
[33:12] | who had no interest in drugs, | 因为西蒙不嗑药 |
[33:13] | but because she was terrified | 而是因为她害怕 |
[33:15] | that her own son might overdose one day? | 自己的儿子有一天会药物过量 |
[33:17] | – Objection. – And the story | – 反对 – 而你讲述的 |
[33:18] | about Simon Jones attempting to commit suicide | 八年前西蒙·琼斯利用海洛因 |
[33:21] | eight years ago with heroin was just that. | 企图自杀的故事 也是假的 |
[33:23] | – It was just a story, right? – Objection. | – 仅仅是编造的故事 对吗 – 反对 |
[33:25] | Again, these are pronouncements, not questions, Your Honor. | 再说一次 他在发表声明不是提问 法官大人 |
[33:28] | One more green light. | 又回来一个陪审员 |
[33:30] | They’ve got eight, and we’ve got four. | 目前是8比4 |
[33:33] | Now the fun really begins. | 好戏开始了 |
[33:34] | Well, then, here’s the question: how much did Dep pay you | 好 我的问题是 格雷弗或贝尔蒙先生 |
[33:37] | to take the stand and perjure yourself today, | 或者不管你到底是谁 |
[33:39] | Mr. Greaver or Mr. Belmond, | 德普给了你多少钱 |
[33:41] | – or whoever you say you are?! – Objection, | – 让你出庭作伪证 – 反对 |
[33:43] | – Your Honor. – Sustained. | – 法官大人 – 反对有效 |
[33:44] | No problem, Your Honor. | 没问题 法官大人 |
[33:46] | Question withdrawn. | 撤回问题 |
[33:48] | I think I’d rather not know. | 我还是不知道答案为好 |
[33:49] | No further questions, please. | 没有问题了 |
[33:53] | How’s that for an inference? | 这个得出的推断又如何 |
[33:54] | Now we’ve got five, | 目前我们有5个陪审员支持 |
[33:55] | and they’ve got seven. | 对方是7个 |
[33:57] | Nice work. | 干得漂亮 |
[33:58] | Court will resume tomorrow morning. | 本案明早继续审理 |
[34:02] | Read any good jurors lately? | 最近好好分析了陪审员吗 |
[34:04] | Well, yes, I have. | 是啊 分析了 |
[34:06] | And I suspect that you have, too. | 我想你们也这么做了 |
[34:09] | But we both know that I’m reading | 但我们都清楚 |
[34:10] | more good jurors than you are, Dr. Bull, | 向着我方的陪审员更多 布尔博士 |
[34:12] | so stop trying to play with me. | 所以别和我玩游戏了 |
[34:15] | Although, I suspect | 不过 我想 |
[34:16] | that at some point, we might get to that, too. | 有朝一日你我会好好玩一次的 |
[34:31] | Hi. Sorry to bother you. | 你好 抱歉打扰了 |
[34:33] | I’m looking for Edgar Paulson? | 我在找埃德加·保森 |
[34:41] | Mr. Paulson’s name | 保森先生的名字 |
[34:43] | is on a list of people who participated | 在一个药物实验参与人员的名单中 |
[34:44] | in a drug trial that we’re investigating. | 我们正在调查这个实验 |
[34:47] | It took me a while to track him down. | 我费了好大功夫才找到他 |
[34:48] | Is there any way I could speak to him? | 我能和他谈一谈吗 |
[34:50] | I’m sorry. Uh, Mr. Paulson’s no longer with us. | 对不起 保森先生已经不在这里了 |
[34:54] | Is there any way you could share a forwarding address? | 您能提供他的新地址吗 |
[34:57] | Some way to contact him? | 他的联系方式 |
[35:01] | Mr. Paulson hung himself | 保森先生上吊自杀了 |
[35:04] | about three and a half weeks ago. | 大约就在三周半前 |
[35:08] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[35:10] | I had no idea. | 我不知道这件事 |
[35:11] | I actually checked all the names on this list | 我调查了这份名单上 |
[35:13] | for deaths and hospitalizations. | 所有的死亡记录和入院记录 |
[35:15] | I don’t know how that got past me. | 居然漏掉了保森先生的死亡记录 |
[35:18] | I’m sure it’ll show up shortly. | 很快就会有记录了 |
[35:19] | The woman who took care of him, | 照顾他的的女人 |
[35:22] | she struck me as very thorough. | 我认为她非常细心周到 |
[35:23] | A woman? | 女人 |
[35:25] | Well, someone he worked with. Or for. | 他们是同事 或者他为那个女人工作 |
[35:28] | She would stop by here. | 她常常过来看他 |
[35:30] | Make sure he took his medicine. | 确保他按时吃药 |
[35:32] | Gave him money occasionally. | 时不时给他些钱 |
[35:34] | She stopped by to see him the morning we found him. | 他上吊那天早上 那个女人也来了 |
[35:36] | She was terribly upset. | 她非常难过 |
[35:39] | Took care of all the details. | 事无巨细地安排好了一切 |
[35:41] | Even paid for his cremation. | 甚至付了火化的费用 |
[35:44] | Would you happen to have her name? This woman? | 你会不会刚好知道她的名字 这个女人的名字 |
[35:47] | My name is Tessa Snyder. | 我叫泰莎·桑德 |
[35:49] | I am Chief Executive Officer for Dep Pharmaceutical. | 我是德普制药公司的总裁 |
[35:52] | Have been for about three years now. | 在职有三年了 |
[35:54] | And can you tell the jury | 你能告诉陪审团 |
[35:56] | what we’re doing here today? | 我们今天来这里的目的吗 |
[35:57] | And by that I mean we all know drug companies | 我是说 众所周知医药公司 |
[36:00] | face legal actions like this all the time. | 常常要面对这样的法律诉讼 |
[36:03] | Usually they’re settled out of court. | 他们通常都选择庭外和解 |
[36:05] | But why did you, a young CEO, | 但是你 作为一个年轻的总裁 |
[36:07] | choose to fight this out | 为什么选择在一个公众场合 |
[36:08] | – in a public forum? – Nice move. | – 作出抗争呢 – 干得漂亮 |
[36:11] | She’s turning the very fact that we’re suing her client | 她让陪审团认为起诉她的客户 |
[36:13] | into a laudable thing in the eyes of the jury. | 是值得赞扬之举 |
[36:16] | I may steal that. | 我要偷师了 |
[36:19] | One, this company has an unblemished record | 第一 本公司在药品和检测安全方面 |
[36:23] | with regard to drug and testing safety. | 一直都记录良好 |
[36:25] | And two, this new drug… | 第二 这种新药… |
[36:29] | the first created under my leadership… | 在我的领导下首次研发了出来… |
[36:32] | is truly a pharmaceutical miracle | 对于抑郁症患者来说 |
[36:34] | for people who suffer from depression. | 就是医药史上的奇迹 |
[36:37] | I welcomed the opportunity to tell the court, | 我很欢迎能有这样的机会来告诉法庭 |
[36:41] | the jury, the world, about it. | 陪审团 以及全世界这一事实 |
[36:43] | And can you tell the jury | 你可以告诉陪审团 |
[36:45] | why you conduct | 为什么你要进行 |
[36:46] | these clinical trials? | 这些临床试验吗 |
[36:48] | Well, the first thing you need to know | 首先要清楚一点 |
[36:50] | is I got into this business to help ease | 我进入这一行业是为了帮助人类 |
[36:54] | human suffering. | 消除痛苦 |
[36:56] | I mention that | 我之所以提出这一点 |
[36:58] | because I need you to know how deeply sorry I am | 是想说对于琼斯一家的遭遇 |
[37:01] | for the Jones family’s loss. | 我有多么痛心疾首 |
[37:02] | Excellent segue. Nicely written. | 表达流畅 精心写好的稿子 |
[37:06] | Nicely performed. | 精心的演出 |
[37:07] | Having said that, | 我已经说过了 |
[37:08] | we did nothing wrong. | 错不在我们 |
[37:11] | Simon was screened. | 西蒙是经过筛选的 |
[37:13] | The fact that he was not completely truthful | 事实上他没有坦白全部事实 |
[37:16] | is not something we can control. | 这不是我们能控制的 |
[37:18] | Just so you know, | 如你所知 |
[37:19] | our mirror jury is loving her. | 我们正义的陪审团很吃她这一套 |
[37:21] | How can you not? | 怎么可能不吃呢 |
[37:27] | And while we need to do better | 尽管我们需要更努力 |
[37:29] | to ferret out the liars, | 去甄别出说谎的人 |
[37:30] | we can’t let it stop our work. | 但我们不能停下手头的工作 |
[37:32] | These clinical trials exist for the greater good. | 这些临床试验是要为更多人谋福祉的 |
[37:35] | Without them, | 没有这些试验 |
[37:37] | there wouldn’t be medical innovations and discoveries, | 就不可能有医药的创新和发现 |
[37:40] | new cures for everything | 包括从生殖健康到癌症 |
[37:42] | from reproductive health to cancer. | 的种种新的治疗方法 |
[37:44] | Something’s going on. | 有点不对劲 |
[37:46] | She’s targeting juror three. Why? | 她的目标是三号陪审员 为什么呢 |
[37:48] | Well, she’s one of our greens, and she just went red. | 她本来是向着我们 但她刚刚倾向对手了 |
[37:51] | Her friend recently passed from cancer. | 她的朋友最近因癌症去世了 |
[37:54] | Wow. This woman will do anything to win. | 这女人为了赢什么都干得出来 |
[37:57] | Reminds me of me. | 让我想起了我自己 |
[38:03] | Good morning, Ms. Snyder. | 早上好 桑德女士 |
[38:04] | Isn’t it true that one of the major problems | 事实上这些临床试验面临的 |
[38:06] | these clinical trials face is recruiting subjects? | 最大问题是不是招募试验对象呢 |
[38:10] | I mean… I can’t believe that there’s lots of people | 我是说… 真不敢相信居然有这么多人 |
[38:14] | who are willing to put untested drugs into their bodies | 不管酬劳多少 都愿意牺牲自己的健康 |
[38:17] | for whatever you’re willing to pay them. | 去试用这些未经测试的药 |
[38:19] | Well, it’s certainly a lot easier | 要找出符合 |
[38:22] | to find subjects who suffer from whatever condition | 我们目标条件的测试对象 |
[38:25] | we’re trying to target. | 当然是更容易的 |
[38:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[38:28] | It can be incredibly difficult | 要找到健康的志愿者 |
[38:30] | finding healthy volunteers. | 是相当困难的 |
[38:32] | Truly healthy volunteers. | 真正健康的志愿者 |
[38:35] | And yet, until this drug, until this lawsuit, | 到目前为止 在这种药 这桩官司出现之前 |
[38:38] | your company had a rare spotless record. | 你的公司罕见地保持着毫无缺点的记录 |
[38:41] | None of the healthy volunteers | 这些健康的志愿者之中 没有一个人 |
[38:43] | in the 50 so years | 在过去五十多年以来 |
[38:45] | that the company has been in existence ever… | 也就是贵公司成立的时间 |
[38:47] | filed a claim or sought a settlement. | 提出过诉讼或要求和解 |
[38:50] | Is that why you decided to hide the other suicide | 这是不是你选择隐瞒这十个志愿者中 |
[38:52] | amongst the ten healthy volunteers? | 另一个自杀者的原因 |
[39:00] | I love that sound. | 我爱死这声音了 |
[39:01] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[39:03] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[39:05] | Well, does the name Edgar Paulson ring a bell? | 那埃德加·保森这个名字耳熟吗 |
[39:10] | Edgar Paulson? | 埃德加·保森 |
[39:13] | A 62-year-old homeless man | 一个六十二岁的流浪汉 |
[39:15] | with dubious mental acuity | 患有精神失常 |
[39:17] | who, up until the point that he hung himself, | 在他上吊自杀之前 |
[39:20] | was living at the Light Mission Homeless Shelter? | 一直住在莱特·米森收容所 |
[39:24] | Is that Dep Pharmaceutical’s idea | 这就是德普制药公司对于 |
[39:26] | of a healthy volunteer? | 健康志愿者的定义吗 |
[39:29] | Things are looking greener and greener over here. | 我们的赢面越来越大了 |
[39:32] | I think you’re mistaken. | 我想你误会了 |
[39:35] | Mr. Paulson was in absolutely fine… | 保森先生的生理和心理状况… |
[39:37] | physical and mental shape. | 绝对是良好的 |
[39:40] | He had fallen on hard times financially, | 他经济上有过很艰难的时期 |
[39:43] | and that had taken a toll on his disposition. | 而这对他的心理造成了负面影响 |
[39:45] | But from a purely clinical standpoint, | 但单纯从临床角度出发 |
[39:48] | Mr. Paulson was an ideal subject. | 保森先生是一个理想的试验对象 |
[39:50] | Additionally, he finished the trial successfully. | 而且 他顺利完成了试验 |
[39:55] | Anything that may have befallen him after that… | 而在那之后他可能遭遇到的任何事情… |
[39:57] | Six days after that? | 就在那六天之后 |
[39:58] | Again, Mr. Paulson | 重申 保森先生 |
[40:00] | suffered from crushing financial problems. | 经济上出现了极大的问题 |
[40:05] | I can only speculate that that may be why he took his own life. | 我只能推测这或许就是他自杀的原因 |
[40:08] | There’s no causation there. | 和药物没有因果关系 |
[40:11] | I guess we’ll never know, will we, Ms. Snyder? | 我猜我们也无从得知 对吧 桑德夫人 |
[40:13] | Since you conveniently paid for the body to be cremated. | 虽然你顺便还支付了火化的费用 |
[40:17] | Objection. | 反对 |
[40:18] | Relevance. | 和本案无关 |
[40:20] | Doesn’t get more relevant than that. | 这和案情密切相关 |
[40:22] | But please ask the witness a question | 但请向证人提问 |
[40:25] | as opposed to simply making a statement. | 不要轻易作出陈述 |
[40:27] | Yes. Ms. Snyder, | 好的 桑德女士 |
[40:31] | did you or did you not | 你是否曾 |
[40:33] | arrange for the cremation of Mr. Edgar Paulson | 安排过埃德加·保森先生的火化事宜 |
[40:36] | once you realized he had killed himself | 就在你得知他服用了新药一个月的疗程后 |
[40:39] | after a one month course of your new drug? | 就自杀了的消息时 |
[40:47] | Ms. Snyder? | 桑德女士 |
[40:50] | Three… | 三… |
[40:53] | two… | 二… |
[40:56] | …one. | …一 |
[41:00] | Your Honor, would it be possible to ask for a brief recess | 法官大人 我能否申请暂时休庭 |
[41:03] | so the sides could meet privately | 以让双方能私底下 |
[41:05] | for a short discussion? | 进行简短的讨论 |
[41:06] | Can you say “settlement”? | 你就不能说”庭外和解” |
[41:08] | This court will take a 90 minute recess. | 本案暂时休庭九十分钟 |
[41:37] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[41:39] | Here I am. | 我来了 |
[41:41] | Miss? | 小姐需要什么 |
[41:42] | Uh, your oldest Scotch. Neat. | 年份最久的威士忌 去冰 |
[41:44] | And a glass of water, please. | 还有一杯水 麻烦了 |
[41:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:49] | You read my mind. | 你猜透了我的心思 |
[41:51] | But, then again, that’s what you do. | 不过再说一遍 这是你的本事 |
[41:54] | And you do it very well, by the way. | 而且顺便一说 干得漂亮 |
[41:59] | I, uh… | 我… |
[42:03] | I need you to know something. | 我要告诉你一些事情 |
[42:07] | I didn’t bribe that friend of Simon’s. | 我没有贿赂西蒙的朋友 |
[42:09] | I’m not saying | 我并不是说 |
[42:10] | that I didn’t sense that something might be afoot, but… | 我没有感觉到当中有猫腻 但是… |
[42:12] | I need you to know something. | 是我要告诉你一些事情 |
[42:16] | In the same way you inferred, without saying as much, | 正如你干涉此案 没有说出 |
[42:18] | that Simon attempted suicide with heroin… | 西蒙试图用海洛因自杀一样… |
[42:21] | even though I strongly suspect that’s not what happened… | 虽然我非常怀疑这并不是事实… |
[42:26] | Benny and I | 我和本尼 |
[42:27] | decided to infer a little something | 决定要小小地推断一下 |
[42:31] | that we had no way of knowing was true. | 其实我们没办法证明是不是真的 |
[42:34] | Maybe someone bribed him. | 也许有人贿赂了他 |
[42:35] | Maybe someone didn’t. | 也许没有 |
[42:38] | We took a shot. | 我们赌了一把 |
[42:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:46] | Great minds. | 英雄所见略同 |
[42:48] | Here’s to seeing you again. | 敬能再次见到你 |
[42:50] | Knowing better next time. | 下次要认识得更深入一点 |
[42:52] | I already rue the day. | 我真后悔那天没表现好 |