时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Well, hello, darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[00:15] | First time to London? | 第一次去伦敦吗 |
[00:16] | Uh-uh. | 不是 |
[00:18] | Have fun. | 祝你玩得开心 |
[00:24] | Excuse me. | 稍等一下 |
[00:26] | Little girl, where are your parents? | 小姑娘 你的父母在哪里 |
[00:28] | My parents? | 我的父母吗 |
[00:30] | They’re…they’re already on the plane. | 他们…他们已经上飞机了 |
[00:32] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[00:34] | You know you’re not allowed aboard the plane | 你知道如果没有大人陪同的话 |
[00:35] | without an adult accompanying you. | 是不允许你上飞机的 |
[00:37] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[00:38] | I’ll find them once I get on board. | 我一上飞机就能找到他们 |
[00:44] | Hello. Excuse me, miss? | 你好 请停步 小姐 |
[00:48] | Little girl, we have your passport, | 小姑娘 我们有你的护照 |
[00:51] | so it’s just a matter of time before we figure out | 所以找出谁是你的父母以及联系方式 |
[00:53] | who your parents are and how to contact them. | 只是时间问题 |
[00:56] | Or you could just give us their names and numbers. | 或者你直接告诉我们 |
[00:59] | Keep dreaming, copper. | 继续做梦吧 条子 |
[01:06] | There you are. | 原来你在这里 |
[01:09] | I see you. | 我看见你了 |
[01:12] | Charlie, do you have any idea what you’ve put me through? | 查丽 你知道你让我经受了什么吗 |
[01:14] | Excuse me. You her mother? | 打扰一下 你是她的妈妈吗 |
[01:16] | No. I’m the nanny. | 不 我是她的保姆 |
[01:17] | Here is a notarized letter | 这是一封她爸爸写的经过公证的信 |
[01:19] | from her father authorizing me to take her home. | 授权我带她回家 |
[01:25] | Do you have any idea what would have happened | 你知道如果他们让你上飞机的话 |
[01:26] | if they’d let you on that plane? | 会发生什么吗 |
[01:32] | Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢你 警官 |
[01:34] | This won’t happen again. | 不会再发生这种事了 |
[01:35] | So you got it? | 所以你拿到这单生意了 |
[01:37] | Oh, we got it. | 我们拿到这单了 |
[01:38] | At triple our usual fee. | 价格是平常的三倍 |
[01:40] | How’d you pull that off? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[01:42] | Ah, I promised them we’d win. | 我向他们保证我们会赢 |
[01:44] | And we’d do it before the end of the fiscal year. | 而且我们会在财年结束之前搞定 |
[01:46] | Which basically means before Christmas. | 这基本意味着在圣诞节之前 |
[01:49] | But, uh, that’s in five days. | 但 那就是五天之内 |
[01:52] | You serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[01:54] | You can’t be serious. | 你不可能是认真的吧 |
[01:56] | Boys and girls, moms and dads, | 孩子们 父母们 |
[01:58] | dogs and cats, gather ’round and meet… | 猫猫狗狗们 过来集合 |
[02:02] | our new client. | 见见我们的新客户 |
[02:06] | Wow. So we’re defending an object? | 所以我们要为一个东西辩护 |
[02:09] | We are defending the creators of this object | 我们要为这件东西的发明者们辩护 |
[02:11] | SAWAGI. | 索瓦 |
[02:14] | A tech behemoth that is being sued for patent infringement | 它是一家科技巨头 它被世界上销售最好的 |
[02:17] | by ZOKEN, manufacturers | 手机之一的销售商 佐肯 |
[02:19] | of one of the largest-selling phones in the world. | 告了侵犯知识产权 |
[02:22] | And they claim there are a number of… | 他们声称有很多 |
[02:24] | notable design similarities. | 显著的设计相似之处 |
[02:26] | Oh, my. | 天呐 |
[02:28] | Although ZOKEN phone sells for almost twice as much | 虽然佐肯手机的销售量 |
[02:30] | as the SAWAGI. | 几乎是索瓦的两倍 |
[02:31] | So we’re representing the cheap knockoff? | 所以我们代表的是廉价山寨货吗 |
[02:33] | We are defending | 我们在为 |
[02:34] | the realistically priced alternative. | 定价实际合理的替代品辩护 |
[02:36] | And being paid a boatload of money to do it. | 而且收了一大笔钱来为它辩护 |
[02:38] | Oh, thank goodness. I felt morally compromised | 谢天谢地 我在一刹那间感觉到 |
[02:40] | for a moment. | 道德上的妥协了 |
[02:41] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[02:42] | We will be earning every penny of our enormous fee. | 我们会赚回巨额支出的每一分钱 |
[02:45] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么这样说 |
[02:47] | This needs to be wrapped up by Christmas. | 这需要在圣诞节之前搞定 |
[02:48] | You’ll pardon the pun. | 别介意我这么说 |
[02:49] | This Christmas? | 这个圣诞节吗 |
[02:50] | Uh, Bull, that’s five days. | 布尔 那只剩五天了 |
[02:52] | Wow. You and Benny | 你和本尼 |
[02:54] | can count to five. Now, come on. | 都能数到五了 现在 打起精神 |
[02:55] | It’s not like I said Christmas Eve. | 这和我说过的圣诞节前夕不一样 |
[02:57] | Besides, you guys thrive under pressure. | 另外 你们会在压力中成长 |
[02:59] | Now, hop to it. | 现在 开始干活吧 |
[03:01] | I want this entire jury pool vetted | 我希望在今天之前审查完 |
[03:03] | before the end of the day. | 所有的陪审团候选人 |
[03:14] | Oh, my gosh. | 我的天哪 |
[03:17] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[03:19] | And who do you belong to? Marissa! | 你是谁的孩子 梅丽莎 |
[03:21] | Is it “Bring Your Brat to Work Day” again? | 今天难不成又到了带孩子上班的日子了 |
[03:23] | One of those things wandered in here. | 有个小孩就在里面 |
[03:25] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[03:26] | Are you lost, sweetie? | 你迷路了吗 小甜心 |
[03:27] | This is Dr. Bull’s office, right? | 这是布尔博士的办公室 对吗 |
[03:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:31] | And that’s Dr. Bull? | 那是布尔博士吗 |
[03:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:33] | Nope. I’m right where I’m supposed to be. | 我没有迷路 我就在我应该在的地方 |
[03:36] | I’m here on official business. | 我来是为了公事 |
[03:38] | I need to get divorced. | 我需要离婚 |
[03:41] | You’re married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[03:42] | No. I need to get divorced from my parents. | 不 我需要和我父母离婚 |
[03:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:51] | So, here’s the thing, divorce is for people | 所以 事情是这样的 那些结婚的人 |
[03:53] | who are married to each other. | 才能够离婚 |
[03:55] | I think maybe the thing you want to be is emancipated. | 我想你想说的也许是脱离监护关系 |
[03:58] | That means that you are no longer dependent on your parents | 那意味着你不再依赖你的父母 |
[04:01] | and they are no longer legally responsible for you. | 而他们在法律上也不再对你负责 |
[04:04] | – Okay, I’ll go with that. – Problem is, | – 好吧 我就是这个意思 – 问题是 |
[04:06] | in the State of New York, the legal age of emancipation is 16. | 在纽约州 脱离监护关系的法定年龄是十六岁 |
[04:10] | How old are you? | 你多大了 |
[04:12] | 16. | 十六岁 |
[04:15] | You know, the penalty for lying about something like this | 在这种事情上说谎的处罚 |
[04:17] | is 25 years hard labor. | 是二十五年的强迫劳动 |
[04:19] | – 15. – Knew it. | – 十五岁 – 我就知道 |
[04:21] | But… maybe they can make an exception? | 但是…也许他们能破个例 |
[04:24] | Hmm. Little girl, I’m not a lawyer, | 小姑娘 我不是个律师 |
[04:26] | so even if there was an exception to be made, | 所以即使能够破例 |
[04:30] | I’m not the guy to get it for you. | 我也不是那个能够为你做到的人 |
[04:32] | Now, I have got a lot of work to do, | 现在 我有许多工作要做 |
[04:34] | and I’m sure there is someplace you are supposed to be, | 我确定有一个你应该呆的地方 |
[04:35] | so I’m gonna give you to that very nice lady | 所以我会把你交给那个之前和我一起 |
[04:37] | who was standing by the door with me, | 站在门边的很棒的女士 |
[04:39] | and she is gonna see about getting you home. | 她会负责送你回家 |
[04:44] | It was nice to have met you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[04:47] | And you. | 我也是 |
[04:48] | And do you have a name? | 你叫什么呢 |
[04:50] | Charlotte Kensington, but you can call me Charlie. | 夏洛特·金斯顿 但你可以叫我查丽 |
[04:52] | Mmm. Okay, Charlie. | 好的 查丽 |
[04:54] | When you turn 16, | 当你到十六岁的时候 |
[04:56] | if this is something you still want, come and see me. | 如果你还是想脱离监护关系 就来找我吧 |
[04:58] | Marissa! | 梅丽莎 |
[05:00] | Uh, you yelled for me, sir? | 你在喊我吗 先生 |
[05:01] | I am entrusting you to get Charlie here | 我要委托你把查丽从这儿 |
[05:03] | home safe and sound. | 安全送回家 |
[05:05] | I’ll do my best. | 包在我身上 |
[05:28] | It’s almost 9:00. | 都快九点了 |
[05:31] | What do you say we close up and go home? | 我们结束回家怎么样 |
[05:34] | Well, I would if I could. | 如果能的话我也想 |
[05:35] | I am still trying to reach somebody | 我还在设法联系人 |
[05:36] | to come get our little girl. | 来接我们的小姑娘 |
[05:38] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[05:39] | Where is she? | 她在哪里 |
[05:40] | Well, she wanted some chicken fingers, | 她想吃鸡柳 |
[05:42] | so Cable took her down to the corner. | 所以凯博带她去街角了 |
[05:44] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:47] | You go home. I’ll take care of this. | 你回家吧 我会处理这件事 |
[05:55] | Young lady. | 年轻的女士 |
[05:58] | Um, which young lady do you mean? | 你在叫哪位年轻的女士 |
[06:01] | Go home, Cable. | 回家吧 凯博 |
[06:04] | Bye. | 再见 |
[06:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:15] | It’s late, and I’m no longer amused. | 很晚了 我也不开心了 |
[06:17] | Had you not come here today, where would you be? | 如果今天没来这里的话 你会在哪里 |
[06:20] | Home. | 在家 |
[06:21] | And where is that? | 你家在哪里 |
[06:22] | SoHo. Corner of Macdougal and King. | 苏豪区 麦克杜格尔街和国王街的拐角处 |
[06:25] | Is there someone there waiting for you? | 有人在那里等你吗 |
[06:27] | Do you have a way of getting into your apartment? | 你有办法进你的公寓吗 |
[06:30] | Then that is where we’re going. | 那么我们就去那里 |
[06:39] | So, is that nice blonde lady in your office your girlfriend? | 所以 那个在你办公室的很棒的金发女士是你女朋友吗 |
[06:43] | No. She’s just a nice blonde lady in my office. | 不 她只是个在我办公室的很棒的金发女士 |
[06:46] | A very smart, nice blonde lady. | 一个很聪明 很棒的金发女士 |
[06:50] | You married? | 你结婚了吗 |
[06:52] | No. | 没有 |
[06:54] | How ’bout you? | 你呢 |
[06:56] | Oh, wait. | 慢着 |
[06:57] | We’ve already had this conversation. | 我已经问过了 |
[06:58] | You’re funny. | 你真有趣 |
[07:00] | No. I’m just old and you’re just young, | 不 只是我是个老头儿 你还小 |
[07:04] | and you’ve never heard my jokes before. | 我的笑话你还没听过 |
[07:09] | Look, that thing you came to my office | 你来办公室找我 |
[07:11] | to discuss with me… | 想谈论的事 |
[07:13] | You got to know, at one point or another, | 你要明白 某时某刻 |
[07:16] | every kid wants to divorce their parents. | 每个孩子都想脱离父母 |
[07:18] | Every kid wants to run away and join the circus, | 每个孩子都想离家出走 加入马戏团 |
[07:21] | or a rock band, or a dangerous cult. | 或是摇滚乐队 或是危险的邪教 |
[07:25] | It’ll pass. | 都会过去的 |
[07:27] | And besides, | 而且 |
[07:29] | it’s almost Christmas. | 圣诞节快到了 |
[07:30] | If Santa gets a whiff of some of the stuff you’ve been up to, | 如果圣诞老人知道你想要做的事 |
[07:33] | you are gonna screw up | 你就别想 |
[07:36] | that whole present thing. | 再要你的礼物了 |
[07:41] | Okay, squirt. | 好了 小可爱 |
[07:43] | My work here is done. | 我的任务完成了 |
[07:45] | Handing you over to the doorman. | 把你交到门卫那里 |
[07:48] | Sweet dreams. | 做个好梦 |
[07:52] | Can you come up and put me to bed? | 你能上来哄我睡觉吗 |
[07:57] | Really, you don’t want that. | 说真的 你不会喜欢的 |
[07:59] | Honest. | 说真的 |
[08:01] | I’m, like, the worst at that. | 我最不擅长了 |
[08:03] | I mean, uh, I’ll make you brush your teeth, | 我会带你刷牙 |
[08:05] | and wash your face, | 洗脸 |
[08:06] | and do multiplication tables. | 背乘法表 |
[08:09] | I mean, I-it’s not gonna be pretty. | 不会有意思的 |
[08:19] | Okay. What do I owe you? | 我要付多少钱 |
[08:30] | This is big. | 房子真大 |
[08:33] | They make you wear a GPS? | 他们给你配了导航定位吗 |
[08:35] | Hello! Anyone home? | 有人在吗 |
[08:38] | No. The lights were off, which means no one’s home. | 没人 灯是关的 就是没人在家 |
[08:41] | My dad usually works pretty late. | 我爸通常工作到很晚 |
[08:46] | What about your mom? | 那你妈妈呢 |
[08:48] | She went away a while ago. | 不久前她离开了 |
[08:51] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[08:54] | Hey. Where do you think you’re going? | 你要去哪里 |
[08:56] | Putting on my nightgown, so you can tuck me in. | 换上睡衣 你就能哄我睡觉了 |
[08:59] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[09:01] | And then… | 然后 |
[09:03] | …can you stay until my dad gets home? | 你能待到我爸回来吗 |
[09:06] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[09:07] | Can you stay until my dad gets home? | 你能待到我爸回来吗 |
[09:10] | I get really lonely. | 我自己很孤单 |
[09:27] | Just… who are you? What are you doing here? | 你是谁 你在这干什么 |
[09:30] | And where is my daughter? | 我女儿呢 |
[09:33] | Charlie is fine. | 查丽没事 |
[09:34] | She’s sleeping in her room. | 她在房间睡觉 |
[09:36] | Go, look. | 你自己去看啊 |
[09:49] | Okay. Hey, just hold it right there. | 站那别动 |
[09:51] | I’ve already called the police, they’re on their way over. | 我已经报警了 他们在来的路上 |
[09:53] | Look, I-I know this couldn’t look any worse, | 我知道这看起来很糟 |
[09:55] | but… let me explain. | 但容我解释下 |
[09:58] | – My name is Dr. Jason Bull. – You’re a doctor? | – 我是杰森·布尔博士 – 你是医生吗 |
[10:00] | A psychologist, | 心理学家 |
[10:01] | but that’s beside the point. | 这不是重点 |
[10:02] | Your daughter came to my office looking to hire me. | 你女儿来我办公室想要雇我 |
[10:06] | Why would my nine-year-old daughter | 为什么我九岁的女儿 |
[10:07] | want to hire a psychologist? | 想雇一个心理学家 |
[10:09] | I’m a trial scientist, a kind of legal expert. | 我是庭审专家 法律方面的专家 |
[10:12] | She wanted a divorce from you, | 她想和你 还有你妻子 |
[10:16] | and your wife, | 脱离关系 |
[10:17] | and I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道该怎么做 |
[10:20] | So I brought her home. | 就把她带回家了 |
[10:21] | She didn’t want me to leave, not until you got home. | 在你回家前 她不想我离开 |
[10:25] | And it is… 2:30 in the morning. | 现在已经凌晨两点半了 |
[10:28] | Uh, yeah. Okay. Um… | 好吧 |
[10:32] | Thank you, I guess. | 我想 谢谢你了 |
[10:35] | You guess? | 你想 |
[10:37] | You and your wife always leave | 你跟你妻子常在晚上 |
[10:38] | your nine-year-old alone at night? | 留你们九岁的女儿一个人在家吗 |
[10:40] | We have a nanny four days a week. | 我们请了保姆一周照看四天 |
[10:41] | This is her night off. | 今晚她不上班 |
[10:44] | We’re-we’re in a doorman building. | 我们这栋楼有门卫 |
[10:46] | Uh-uh-uh, 16 cameras. | 十六台摄像头 |
[10:48] | Wh-Which I can watch on my phone. | 我能在手机上查看 |
[10:51] | We’ve got more security than Fort Knox. | 我们这戒备森严 |
[10:53] | She’s-she’s perfectly safe, thank you. | 她非常安全 谢谢 |
[10:55] | She’s perfectly comfortable with it. | 她也满意这样的安排 |
[10:56] | And that’s why she pleaded with me not to leave her alone. | 这就是为什么她求我不要留她一个人 |
[10:59] | She’s a kid. | 她是个孩子 |
[11:00] | You ever look at these security cameras that you have? | 你有看过这些安保摄像吗 |
[11:02] | ‘Cause if you had, you would’ve seen a stranger | 如果你看过 你就会知道有陌生人 |
[11:05] | wandering around this palace of yours. | 在你这大宫殿附近闲逛 |
[11:08] | Okay, obviously, I didn’t, so… | 很显然 我没看过 |
[11:10] | Again, thank you. | 再次 感谢你 |
[11:14] | You know what, | 我还是 |
[11:16] | I’m gonna wait for the police. | 等警察来吧 |
[11:18] | I didn’t call them. | 我没报警 |
[11:20] | I didn’t call anyone. | 我谁也没叫 |
[11:24] | Then you’re lucky. | 那你很幸运 |
[11:25] | Because I think they would find what I have to say | 因为相比于你 他们会对 |
[11:28] | a lot more interesting than what you have to say. | 我所说的话更感兴趣的 |
[11:34] | Give your daughter a kiss for me, Mr. Kensington. | 替我吻吻你女儿 金斯顿先生 |
[11:37] | And have a merry Christmas. | 以及祝你圣诞快乐 |
[11:58] | All right, I’m here. | 好了 我来了 |
[11:59] | Now, what’s so important? | 什么事那么重要 |
[12:02] | Don’t take this the wrong way, but you look like an unmade bed. | 没别的意思 但你看起来像没铺好的床 |
[12:05] | Well, an unmade bed sounds pretty good to me right now. | 没铺好的床听起来挺适合此时的我 |
[12:09] | I was out pretty late. | 我在外面待到很晚 |
[12:11] | Now, what is so important? | 到底什么事那么重要 |
[12:15] | Well, I pored over all this stuff last night. | 我仔细阅读了这些东西 |
[12:18] | And I am no computer geek, okay? | 我并不是电脑天才 |
[12:21] | But it seems to me that every single improvement, | 但看起来索瓦手机 佐肯手机的 |
[12:25] | every single modification in SAWAGI’s phone, | 每次改善 每次修改 |
[12:28] | in ZOKEN’s phone, is all built | 都是基于 |
[12:31] | on an underlying technology that somebody else pioneered. | 别人开发的基础技术 |
[12:35] | Company A will improve on whatever Company B | B公司改动什么 A公司就会 |
[12:37] | came out with, and Company B will return the favor | 改善什么 而B公司会把A公司最 |
[12:40] | by taking whatever seems most exciting | 激动人心的成果适当改动 |
[12:43] | about Company A’s work | 变成好像 |
[12:44] | and changing it just enough to make it seem | 自己原创的一样 |
[12:47] | like something original. | 来予以回击 |
[12:50] | They all do it. | 都这么干 |
[12:51] | It’s very incestuous. | 非常排外 |
[12:52] | Point being? | 重点是 |
[12:53] | Point being is | 重点是 |
[12:55] | I think we go into the judge’s chambers, | 我们去到法官办公室 |
[12:58] | present this properly, | 适当的提出 |
[12:59] | justify a motion to dismiss. | 证明动机来驳回 |
[13:04] | No muss, no fuss. | 快刀斩乱麻 |
[13:06] | Four days early. | 提前四天 |
[13:08] | We all go Christmas shopping. | 我们都能去圣诞购物了 |
[13:10] | I take it you’ve already called the judge. | 我想你已经给法官打电话了 |
[13:12] | They’re gonna text us as soon as he’s free. | 他们有空就会通知我们的 |
[13:14] | Hmm. Nice work. | 做得好 |
[13:20] | I’m gonna take a quick stroll over to family court. | 我去家事法院那边快速转一下 |
[13:23] | If they text you, you text me. | 如果他们通知你 你就发短信给我 |
[13:26] | Your Honor, sorry to bother you. | 法官大人 不好意思打扰了 |
[13:28] | My name is Dr. Jason Bull. | 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[13:30] | I’m a trial scientist. | 我是名庭审专家 |
[13:31] | What can I do for you? | 有什么能帮到你 |
[13:33] | I’m a licensed psychologist, | 我是名有执业证书的心理医生 |
[13:35] | which means that I am a mandated reporter | 也就是说 当涉及儿童福利时 |
[13:37] | when it comes to situations regarding child welfare. | 我有必要上报 |
[13:42] | I’m staring at a situation. | 现在有个情况 |
[13:44] | I’m just not sure it rises to the level | 但我不确定是否到达 |
[13:46] | that justifies reporting. | 需要上报的程度 |
[13:47] | What’s the situation? | 什么情况 |
[13:49] | Busy, working family. | 双亲繁忙工作 |
[13:51] | Rolling in money. | 很有钱 |
[13:52] | Best of everything for their little girl. | 小女孩应有尽有 |
[13:53] | She’s nine years old. | 她九岁了 |
[13:54] | But, unfortunately, | 然而 不幸的是 |
[13:56] | she is often left unsupervised. | 通常都没有人监护她 |
[13:58] | Just yesterday, she wandered 30 blocks to come and see me. | 就在昨天 她游荡了三十个街区来见我 |
[14:01] | And then, last night, I was at her apartment with her | 然后 在昨夜 我在她住的公寓里陪伴她 |
[14:04] | until 2:30 in the morning, waiting for a parent to show up. | 直到凌晨两点半 直到他家长回了家 |
[14:09] | Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? | 我有在小题大做吧 |
[14:12] | Well, you usually don’t see this kind of thing | 一般来说 在富足的家庭里 |
[14:14] | in affluent families, but… | 不会发生这样的事 然而 |
[14:17] | the prudent thing to do would be to at least | 为求谨慎我们至少需要 |
[14:19] | open an investigation. | 展开调查 |
[14:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[14:22] | I thought so, too. | 我也是这么想的 |
[14:23] | E-mail me all the relevant information. | 邮件给我所有的相关信息 |
[14:25] | I’ll take it from there. | 我会开始着手的 |
[14:27] | Fantastic. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[14:28] | Just one more thing, Doctor. | 博士 还有一件事 |
[14:31] | In these type of cases, | 在此类案件中 |
[14:33] | we normally assign the child a guardian ad litem, | 我们一般会给孩子指定一位诉讼监护人 |
[14:35] | an objective third party whose sole job is | 他是客观的第三方 主要职责是 |
[14:38] | to look out for the child’s best interests | 在案件的诉讼过程中 |
[14:40] | as his or her case moves through the courts. | 为孩子们争取最大的利益 |
[14:42] | Makes sense. | 我明白 |
[14:43] | We also look to the guardian ad litem | 我们也会依靠诉讼代理人 |
[14:45] | to make a recommendation to the judge. | 为法官提供建议 |
[14:47] | The judge has the final say, | 最终决定权在法官 |
[14:49] | but the guardian ad litem’s opinion | 不过诉讼代理人的意见 |
[14:51] | carries a great deal of weight. | 占很大的权重 |
[14:53] | Sounds like a terrific system. | 这听上去是个很不错的制度 |
[14:54] | I’m sure this little girl’s gonna be in fantastic hands. | 我敢肯定这位小女孩会受到极好的关照 |
[14:57] | Finding someone to fill that role the week before Christmas | 不过要在圣诞之前找到能够担当这一职务的人选 |
[14:59] | is going to be exceedingly difficult. | 是一件非常不容易的事 |
[15:02] | But you, Dr. Bull, are a licensed psychologist, | 而 布尔博士 你是一位持照心理学家 |
[15:04] | and you’re already familiar with the case. | 而且你已经了解这个案子了 |
[15:06] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[15:08] | I promise you, I would if I could. | 我向你发誓 如果我有时间我甘愿效劳 |
[15:10] | – I am drowning in work. – If I can’t find a guardian, | – 但我最近事务缠身啊 – 如果我找不到监护人 |
[15:13] | I can’t start an investigation. | 我也就不能展开调查了 |
[15:16] | Well, then maybe it’s a sign. | 那可能这就是天意吧 |
[15:21] | That was a joke. | 那只是个玩笑罢了 |
[15:23] | You’ll laugh later. | 你一会就找到笑点了 |
[15:27] | I’m your guy. | 我来 |
[15:28] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[15:29] | And happy holidays, Dr. Bull. | 假期愉快 布尔博士 |
[15:33] | Here’s hoping, Judge Sullivan. | 但愿如此 苏利文法官 |
[15:37] | Guess what, judge won’t even see us. | 结果法官根本没有接见我们 |
[15:39] | Says the issues are way too complex simply to | 他说此案牵扯的问题太过复杂 |
[15:42] | dismiss the case without hearing testimony. | 还没听证就撤销案件了 |
[15:43] | Well, it’s Christmastime. What’d you expect, a miracle? | 现在是圣诞时期 你在奢望什么呢 一个奇迹吗 |
[15:48] | Hey, what if I told you if one of our client’s lead engineers | 要是我告诉你我们客户中有个首席工程师 |
[15:50] | spent the first 18 months of his career working | 曾经在他职业生涯的头十八个月 |
[15:53] | at the Palo Alto campus of the plaintiff? | 在原告位于帕罗奥图的公司里工作过 你会怎么想 |
[15:55] | In the cellular division. | 而且他就职于手机部门 |
[15:56] | Uh, it sounds worse than it is. | 听上去雪上加霜啊 |
[15:58] | Like I said before, it’s a small community. | 像我之前所说 这个圈子很小 |
[16:00] | People move from company to company all the time. | 人们总是从一个公司跳槽到另一个公司 |
[16:02] | Okay. You know what we need to do? | 知道我们现在该干什么吗 |
[16:04] | We need to do an analysis of every patent filed | 我们需要给这两个手机申请的每一项专利 |
[16:06] | for both these phones. | 做一个分析 |
[16:08] | And we need to highlight the layered changes | 我们要强调在每一台设备上 |
[16:11] | that take place in every device, | 所发生的叠加的变化 |
[16:13] | that every manufacturer is, in fact, reacting | 就能说明每一个制造商 实际上 都在应对 |
[16:15] | to the latest improvements of every other manufacturer | 其他制造商最新的技术改进 |
[16:18] | and that there is, inevitably, overlap. | 这就不可避免地造成了一些相似之处 |
[16:21] | Steve Jobs visits Xerox, | 史蒂夫·乔布斯参观施乐公司 |
[16:22] | sees what amounts to a graphical user interface, | 发现了图形用户界面的雏形 |
[16:25] | goes back to Apple, does it better, | 他回到苹果公司 改良了技术 |
[16:27] | and the home computer is born. | 然后家庭电脑就应运而生了 |
[16:28] | It’s not thievery… it’s evolution. | 这不是偷窃 而是进化 |
[16:31] | Then we got to try and get execs from all the other companies | 之后我们就要试图让其他手机制造公司的主管们 |
[16:34] | in the cell phone business to back this… | 来支持上述言论 |
[16:36] | shared zeitgeist narrative of ours in court. | 在法庭上和我们这番充满时代精神的叙述产生共鸣 |
[16:39] | And you want all of that before Christmas? | 你想让我们在圣诞之前把这些做完吗 |
[16:41] | There are thousands of pages of filings to read through. | 这里还有好几千页的文件要读呢 |
[16:46] | Then we’d better get started. | 那我们现在就开始吧 |
[16:57] | Judge Sullivan from family court is on one. | 来自家事法院的苏利文法官在一号热线 |
[16:59] | Sure. Put him through. | 好 接通他的电话 |
[17:01] | Don’t ask. | 别问了 |
[17:03] | I’ll be back. | 我会回来的 |
[17:05] | Walk with me. | 跟我来 |
[17:08] | Go to my office where no one can hear. | 去我的办公室 那里没人能听见 |
[17:10] | I’m gonna call you from the car. | 我会在车上给你打电话的 |
[17:13] | I need you to tell me everything you can about family court. | 我需要你告诉我尽可能多的关于家事法院的信息 |
[17:16] | Family court? | 家事法院 |
[17:18] | What did you do? | 你做了什么啊 |
[17:19] | Oh, it’s the season. | 这个时候比较特殊 |
[17:22] | I tried to do something nice. | 我试着做些好事 |
[17:35] | Judge William Sullivan. | 威廉·苏利文法官 |
[17:37] | Fiercely protective of children. | 极度维护儿童的权益 |
[17:40] | Rarely sides with parents. | 很少会站在家长一方 |
[17:42] | Good to know. | 这是好事 |
[17:43] | Family court is like a foreign country to me. | 我对家事法院非常陌生 |
[17:45] | No juries. | 没有陪审团的参与 |
[17:46] | It’s all about the judge. | 一切都取决于法官 |
[17:48] | Now, see what you can tell me about Rex and Nora Kensington. | 现在 告诉我关于雷克斯和诺拉·金斯顿的信息 |
[17:53] | Is this about the little girl | 这和昨天在你办公室里的 |
[17:54] | that was in the office yesterday? | 小女孩有关吗 |
[17:56] | Ask me no questions, I’ll tell you no lies. | 你少问我一点问题 我就能对你多一点坦诚 |
[17:58] | Nothing new here. | 没什么新鲜的消息 |
[18:00] | Owns his own investment firm, | 他拥有自己的投资公司 |
[18:02] | which he built from the ground up. | 白手起家 |
[18:04] | Looks very good in a suit. | 穿上西装相当帅啊 |
[18:06] | – What was the wife’s name again? – Nora. | – 他妻子的名字是什么来着 – 诺拉 |
[18:08] | Got it. Nora Kensington. | 找到了 诺拉·金斯顿 |
[18:15] | Marissa? | 梅丽莎 |
[18:16] | You there? Did I lose you? | 在吗 你还在线上吗 |
[18:18] | No, I’m here. | 不 我在线 |
[18:21] | She passed away. | 她去世了 |
[18:23] | Three years ago. | 在三年前 |
[18:24] | Breast cancer. | 乳腺癌 |
[18:50] | Neglect? They’re having me tried for neglect? | 忽视儿童 他们要给我按个忽视孩子的罪名吗 |
[18:53] | Okay, look, I’m starting to realize I might owe you an apology. | 好吧 我才意识到我可能欠你一个道歉 |
[18:57] | This thing is clearly spinning out of control. | 这事很明显已经失控了 |
[19:00] | I don’t want to be here any more than you do. | 我和你一样不想在这里的 |
[19:01] | So just let me go talk to the judge. I’m sure I can undo this. | 就让我和法官说情 我肯定我能解决这件事 |
[19:04] | No, no. They’ve already moved Charlie out of our apartment. | 不行 他们早就从我们的公寓里把查丽给带走了 |
[19:06] | She’s not allowed to live with me | 直到听证会结束 |
[19:07] | until this hearing is over. | 她才会被允许和我住在一起 |
[19:08] | And maybe not even then. | 说不定到那个时候都不行 |
[19:10] | It’s Christmastime. | 现在可是圣诞节期间啊 |
[19:12] | She’s got to stay with the nanny in the apartment downstairs. | 而她必须得和看护住在楼下的公寓里 |
[19:15] | Again, I’m sorry. | 我再次表示道歉 |
[19:16] | This was never my intention. | 这绝不是我的本意 |
[19:17] | I just went to the judge for some advice, and I… | 我只是向法官咨询一些建议 我也 |
[19:20] | Where is Charlie? | 查丽在哪儿呢 |
[19:22] | You know, if she and I go talk to the judge, | 如果她和我一起向法官说情 |
[19:23] | I’m sure I can undo this. | 我敢肯定这事能够解决 |
[19:24] | They won’t let you see her. | 他们不会让你见她的 |
[19:26] | They won’t let anyone see her. | 他们不会让任何人见她 |
[19:27] | They’ve got her in the back with her lawyer. | 他们在暗地里给她找了个律师 |
[19:31] | They got her a lawyer. | 他们给她找了个律师 |
[19:34] | Anyone with business before Judge Sullivan | 请牵扯到苏利文法官主持的有关 |
[19:36] | in the matter of Charlotte Kensington, | 夏洛特·金斯顿一案的人员 |
[19:38] | please make your way into the courtroom. | 进入审判室 |
[19:40] | Hearing will start in five minutes. | 听证会将在五分钟后开始 |
[19:42] | I promise you, I will handle this. | 我向你保证我能处理好这件事 |
[19:47] | No, I know | 不 我知道 |
[19:48] | the rent is eight days late. | 租金已经迟了八天没交 |
[19:50] | I’m just having some… liquidity issues. | 我只是有一些 资金周转上的问题 |
[19:53] | But I believe everything will be resolved in a day or two. | 但我相信在一两天内事情就能解决了 |
[19:56] | Please, it’s my mother’s apartment. | 求你了 这可是我母亲的公寓 |
[19:59] | She’s lived there for four years and I’ve never missed a payment. | 她已经在那里住了四年 我也从来没有漏交过一次房租 |
[20:03] | Uh, yes. | 是的 |
[20:05] | – I’ll-I’ll hold. – Marissa, | – 我会等着的 – 梅丽莎 |
[20:06] | you can’t go AWOL on me. | 你可不能在我面前擅离职守啊 |
[20:08] | This whole patent is based on an algorithm, | 这个专利都是建立在算法的基础上的 |
[20:12] | and you are the algorithm queen | 你可是算法女王 |
[20:13] | and I wouldn’t know an algorithm | 如果算法上出了问题 |
[20:15] | – if it bit me on the butt. – Yes, I understand. | – 我可是一窍不通啊 – 好 我明白 |
[20:17] | 72 hours. You have my word. | 七十二个小时 我保证 |
[20:19] | I will get the money there somehow. | 不管怎么样我会弄到钱的 |
[20:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:24] | And… Merry Christmas. | 还有 圣诞快乐 |
[20:29] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[20:31] | I just really need to be alone. | 我真的想单独待会儿 |
[20:36] | Is there, um, | 有什么 |
[20:39] | anything I can do? | 是我能做的吗 |
[20:40] | Uh, can I lend you some money? | 或者先借你点钱 |
[20:45] | Marissa, please, say something. | 梅丽莎 拜托了 说点什么 |
[20:48] | Women crying is my kryptonite. | 女人一哭我就没辙了 |
[20:52] | I gave him $75,000 to invest for me | 就在感恩节前我给了他七万五 |
[20:55] | just before Thanksgiving. | 帮我投资 |
[20:58] | I got him an expedited passport so he could get to China | 我给了他加急护照 让他去中国 |
[21:01] | after his was… supposedly stolen. | 他说 自己护照被偷 |
[21:06] | And now he’s vanished from the face of the earth. | 现在他人间蒸发了 |
[21:08] | What? | 什么 |
[21:09] | And all my credit cards have been maxed out. | 而且我所有的信用卡都被刷爆了 |
[21:12] | My checking account’s been emptied. | 我的支票账户没钱了 |
[21:15] | Kyle? | 是凯尔吗 |
[21:16] | Whatever his name is. | 我已经不知道他到底叫什么了 |
[21:20] | I’m glad you’re amused. | 很高兴你能笑出来 |
[21:25] | She only used to be with the FBI. | 她曾跟FBI共事 |
[21:27] | And Cable, Cable is an ace at finding | 还有凯博 凯博是 |
[21:30] | people’s digital footprints. | 网络追踪的高手 |
[21:31] | I can’t tell them. | 我不能告诉他们 |
[21:32] | I used to be with Homeland Security. | 我曾在国土安全局工作 |
[21:34] | A situations analyst. | 是一名情报分析员 |
[21:37] | And he played me like a fiddle. | 他把我玩弄在鼓掌之间 |
[21:39] | And it was all about that passport. | 这都是为了那个护照 |
[21:41] | He knew, with my connections, I could get it for him. | 他知道我能动用关系帮他弄到手 |
[21:43] | The money was just icing on the cake. | 拿走我的钱只是锦上添花 |
[21:47] | So he left | 所以他把钱包 |
[21:48] | his wallet on that bar, knowing I would bring it to him. | 留在酒吧里 知道我会还给他 |
[21:52] | What a jerk I am. | 我真混蛋 |
[21:55] | I’ve got three words for you. | 送你三个词 |
[22:02] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[22:04] | sidebar, if I may. | 我能靠近侧栏吗 |
[22:10] | Your Honor, it’s become clear to me | 法官大人 过去的几个小时里 |
[22:13] | over the last few hours that I may very well have overreacted | 我清晰地理解到 自己对昨晚的事件 |
[22:17] | to the events of last night. | 有多么反应过度 |
[22:20] | I’m not sure any of what happened | 我不确定发生了什么 |
[22:22] | rises to the level of investigable neglect | 就把事情上升到了疏于管理的层面 |
[22:24] | and, in fact, I’m starting to believe | 事实上 我开始相信 |
[22:26] | that what’s really called for here | 这里需要的 |
[22:27] | is not breaking up this family, | 并不是使这个家庭破裂 |
[22:29] | but rather… | 而是 |
[22:31] | counseling… therapy. | 咨询 治疗 |
[22:33] | Well, that’s what we’re here to find out, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 这正是我们所寻找的真相 |
[22:36] | And as the guardian ad litem, | 作为诉讼监护人 |
[22:38] | I’m very interested in your opinions and insight. | 我对你的看法和见解非常感兴趣 |
[22:41] | I must ask, however, that you offer them | 然而 我得问 为什么 |
[22:43] | at the end of the trial, | 你在审判结束时才这么说 |
[22:44] | rather than before it’s commenced. | 而不是开始前 |
[22:47] | Take a seat, please. | 请回到你的位子上 |
[23:05] | Nora was the… conscience of our family. | 诺拉是我们家的良心 |
[23:10] | She… she was a poet. | 她是诗人 |
[23:12] | But more than anything, she was a mother. | 但更重要的是 她是一名母亲 |
[23:14] | Where I was always about… | 我一直 |
[23:16] | ambition, and-and accomplishment, and… | 雄心勃勃 追求成就 |
[23:18] | and hard work. | 努力工作 |
[23:23] | So when Nora was suddenly gone… | 所以当诺拉突然离开了 |
[23:30] | I think I just doubled down on all of that… | 我想自己只是把一切都翻倍了 |
[23:31] | ambition, accomplishment… and left the things | 雄心勃勃 追求成就 而忘记了 |
[23:33] | that I should have been doing with my daughter | 我应该跟女儿一起 |
[23:35] | to grandmas and aunts and nannies. | 找奶奶 阿姨和保姆 |
[23:39] | Hindsight. | 马后炮 |
[23:42] | So, the night in question… | 所以 那晚 |
[23:45] | last night… what happened? | 昨晚 发生了什么 |
[23:48] | Well, I got held up at work. | 我工作不顺利 |
[23:51] | Uh, I lost track of time. And I know now… | 我忘了时间 现在我知道了 |
[23:54] | I made a mistake… | 我犯了个错误 |
[23:56] | not being there… | 没出现在那里 |
[23:58] | a very serious mistake, | 非常严重的错误 |
[24:00] | and one that I would like to correct. | 一个我想纠正的错误 |
[24:03] | If you’d just have her come back home. | 如果你能让她回家的话 |
[24:06] | Thank you, Mr. Kensington. | 谢谢 金斯顿先生 |
[24:13] | Before we move on, | 在我们继续之前 |
[24:15] | can you please tell us how many other times this has happened, | 请告诉我们这种事发生了多少次 |
[24:18] | where Charlie has been left alone, | 查丽单独一个人 |
[24:20] | unsupervised, for upwards of three hours or more? | 没有监管人 长达三小时以上 |
[24:23] | Objection. My client has acknowledged his failings | 反对 我的客户已经承认他的错误 |
[24:26] | and pledged to correct them. | 并承诺改正 |
[24:28] | I love my daughter. | 我爱我的女儿 |
[24:30] | And seeing those child services people at my door… | 看到儿童保护协会的人出现在我家门口 |
[24:33] | and telling me to pack her things… | 告诉我收拾好女儿的东西… |
[24:35] | I promise you, this will never, ever happen again. | 我承诺 这将永远不会再发生 |
[24:39] | And whatever the court requires me to do | 无论法庭怎么要求我 |
[24:41] | to win back its confidence… | 去赢得他们的信心 |
[24:43] | I’m prepared to do it. | 我准备好这么做了 |
[24:46] | Oh, that’s very | 那真是非常 |
[24:47] | admirable of you, sir. But being a good parent… | 令人钦佩 但作为一名好的父母 |
[24:50] | a good father. | 一位好的父亲 |
[24:52] | Involves more than making pledges to do good. | 说比做更重要 |
[24:55] | It involves knowing your child. | 包括了解你的孩子 |
[24:57] | I do know my child. I do. | 我了解我的孩子 我了解 |
[25:00] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:01] | If you know Charlie so well. | 如果你了解查丽 |
[25:04] | What’s her best friend’s name? | 她最好的朋友叫什么 |
[25:06] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 与本案有关吗 |
[25:08] | I’ll allow it. | 反对无效 |
[25:11] | Well, like all kids, | 孩子们总是… |
[25:13] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[25:15] | it changes all the time. | 朋友总是在改变 |
[25:16] | What about her favorite book… | 她最喜欢的书呢 |
[25:18] | do you know the title, Mr. Kensington? | 金斯顿先生 你知道书名吗 |
[25:21] | Have you ever read it to her? | 你给她念过书吗 |
[25:23] | No. No. | 不 没有 |
[25:26] | And it’s “The Half-Blood Prince”. | 书名是 “混血王子的背叛” |
[25:28] | No, I never have. | 我从未做过 |
[25:30] | And I don’t know the book. | 也不知道这本书 |
[25:32] | The title, I mean. I’m sorry, honey. | 不知道书名 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[25:34] | Any idea what Charlie wants to be when she grows up? | 你知道查丽长大后想做什么吗 |
[25:37] | – Your Honor. – Overruled. | – 法官大人 – 反对无效 |
[25:39] | I’m sure she’s told me, but… | 她告诉过我 但 |
[25:45] | …I just can’t remember. | 我忘了 |
[25:47] | Concertmaster for the Vienna Philharmonic, Your Honor. | 维也纳爱乐乐团的首席小提琴 法官大人 |
[25:50] | Just for the record. | 我就给您说一下 |
[25:53] | I knew he wouldn’t remember that. | 我就知道他不记得 |
[25:55] | The state is done with this witness, Your Honor. | 对辩方证人的提问结束了 法官大人 |
[26:01] | I know this is not a very convenient time | 我知道这次聆讯的时机不太好 |
[26:03] | for this hearing, with the holidays coming. | 假期就要开始了 |
[26:07] | But a child’s well-being is at stake here. | 但儿童福祉才是关键问题 |
[26:10] | And I implore you all to remember that. | 我恳请大家牢记这一点 |
[26:13] | I’ll see all parties back | 我会在两天内看到各方 |
[26:15] | in this courtroom in two days for further investigation. | 带回法庭的进一步调查 |
[26:18] | Until then, Charlotte is to remain | 在那之前 夏洛特将接受 |
[26:19] | under the exclusive care of her nanny, | 她的保姆艾普尔·洛克威尔的 |
[26:21] | April Rockwell. | 特殊照顾 |
[26:22] | And she is forbidden to return | 她不能回到 |
[26:24] | to the residence of her father, Rex Kensington. | 她父亲雷克斯·金斯顿的住所 |
[26:29] | Well, I, for one, feel like we’re off to a very good start. | 就我而言 这是个很棒的开始 |
[26:32] | Charlie? | 查丽 |
[26:34] | Charlie? Charlie? Can we… | 查丽 我们能不能… |
[26:36] | can we just talk, please? | 我们能谈谈吗 拜托了 |
[26:40] | No. | 不 |
[26:41] | I don’t think we’re supposed to do that. | 我觉得我们应该不能谈话 |
[26:44] | I think the judge said I wasn’t supposed to talk to you. | 我认为法官说我不应该跟你谈话 |
[26:53] | The judge said you couldn’t go home, | 法官说的是你不能回家 |
[26:55] | not that you couldn’t talk to your father. | 而不是你不能跟父亲谈话 |
[26:57] | Well, I don’t think I should. | 我不认为我应该谈话 |
[27:03] | I understand. | 我知道了 |
[27:06] | But if you need me, you have my cell phone. | 如果你需要我 你有我电话 |
[27:09] | And wherever you are… | 不管你在哪 |
[27:12] | I’ll come to you. | 我都会来你身边 |
[27:14] | Just know that. | 只想让你知道这一点 |
[27:15] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[27:18] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:30] | You know, it is almost Christmas. | 圣诞快到了 |
[27:33] | What? | 你说什么 |
[27:34] | You think Santa’s gonna be mad at me | 你认为撒旦会因为 |
[27:36] | ’cause I wasn’t nice to my dad? | 我对父亲态度恶劣而生气吗 |
[27:38] | Just sayin’. | 只是说说而已 |
[27:52] | Dominic Drake, the president | 霍克手机的总裁多米尼克·德雷克 |
[27:54] | of Hawker Cellular’s on line three. | 在三号内线等你 |
[27:56] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[27:58] | Mr. Drake. Dr. Jason Bull. | 德雷克先生 这里是杰森·布尔 |
[28:00] | I think you know why I’m calling. | 我猜你知道我为什么打给你 |
[28:02] | I’m involved in litigation on behalf of SAWAGI Cellular, | 我代表索瓦手机打官司 |
[28:05] | and I’d love to convince you to sign a letter | 我希望你们能够 |
[28:08] | that I’ve composed, | 签署一份我起草的文件 |
[28:09] | acknowledging the layered and evolutionary way that advances | 承认你们行业中存在 |
[28:12] | in technology happen in your industry. | 层层进化的进步方式 |
[28:16] | Boy, I could really use a cup of coffee. | 天啊 我现在好想喝咖啡 |
[28:21] | Yeah. Coffee sounds good. | 听上去不错 |
[28:24] | Maybe I’ll join you. | 我也去 |
[28:25] | Um, the guy was thorough. | 这个人做的很彻底 |
[28:27] | Never let me take his picture. | 从不让我拍他的照片 |
[28:28] | Said talking about his familywas too painful. | 还说讨论家庭太痛苦 |
[28:31] | Didn’t introduce me to a single one of his friends. | 也从不把我介绍给朋友 |
[28:34] | And what about physical evidence? | 那有什么摸得着看得见的证据吗 |
[28:35] | Combed every square inch of my apartment. | 我把我的公寓搜了个遍 |
[28:36] | He didn’t leave behind so much as a toothbrush. | 他连根毛都没留下 |
[28:40] | But he did drink my tequila. | 但是他喝了我的酒 |
[28:42] | Men. | 男人啊 |
[28:44] | Got a bottle for my birthday last year. | 去年过生日的时候买的 |
[28:46] | Never opened it. Never even took it out of the box. | 一直没打开 也没拿出来 |
[28:48] | Then one night, Kyle took it out, | 有一天晚上 凯尔拿了出来 |
[28:50] | drank right from the bottle. | 直接对嘴喝的 |
[28:52] | Which means his fingerprints and his DNA are here somewhere. | 也就是说他的指纹和DNA就在瓶子上 |
[28:56] | Men. | 男人啊 |
[28:57] | Marissa! Cable! Danny! Anyone? | 梅丽莎 凯博 丹尼 有人吗 |
[28:59] | Where is everybody? It’s not Christmas yet. | 人都哪去了 还没到圣诞节呢 |
[29:02] | We’re here, Bull. We’re here. | 我们就在这 |
[29:04] | Okay. I got three more CEOs to, uh, | 好吧 我还有三个CEO |
[29:07] | say they’d sign a statement acknowledging our thesis | 要找来签字 |
[29:10] | that many of the improvements in cell phone technology | 承认手机技术中很多改进 |
[29:12] | are incremental and based on shared knowledge. | 都是层层叠加 基于共享知识上的 |
[29:14] | The good news is two of the three | 好消息是其中两个 |
[29:16] | are here in New York. The third one is in New Jersey. | 就在纽约 另一个在新泽西 |
[29:18] | Hey. Benny and I are heading out to court. | 本尼和我要去法庭 |
[29:20] | Trial starts at 2:00. It’s 1:15. | 审判两点开始 现在十五了 |
[29:22] | Right behind you. I just got to finish this one thing. | 就来了 还有一件事 |
[29:25] | I need these signatures today. | 我今天就要拿到签字 |
[29:27] | And I need each of you to carry these, | 你们每个人都带上这些 |
[29:29] | get them signed, and then get them back to me. | 找到人签字 然后还给我 |
[29:32] | See you in court. | 法庭见 |
[29:40] | Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 |
[29:41] | April. Everything all right? | 艾普尔 没事吧 |
[29:44] | I need to speak with you. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[29:46] | Is it Charlie? | 是查丽吗 |
[29:47] | Charlie’s fine. | 查丽好的很 |
[29:49] | Charlie’s having the time of her life, watching everyone | 她现在正得意呢 看着 |
[29:51] | twist themselves into pretzels around her. | 每个人为她焦头烂额 |
[29:53] | She has no idea how serious this all is, | 她根本不知道事情有多严重 |
[29:56] | and no idea how much trouble she’s causing. | 也不知道她造成了多少麻烦 |
[30:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[30:05] | I’m sorry I said that. | 抱歉这么说 |
[30:08] | Uh… I care abot Charlie. | 我是关系查丽的 |
[30:09] | – I really do. – But… | – 真的 – 但是 |
[30:11] | But this is just a lot more all-consuming | 但是这不是我预期的 |
[30:14] | than I bargained for. | 我承受不了 |
[30:15] | I’m supposed to be finishing a thesis, | 我本该写完我的论文 |
[30:18] | not raising a little girl. | 而不是在这养个小姑娘 |
[30:19] | After school and a couple of nights a week… | 课后看她 每周几天 |
[30:22] | that’s what I agreed to. | 我当初是这么说的 |
[30:24] | But now Charlie’s actually living with me | 但是查丽现在就住在我的公寓里 |
[30:25] | in my studio apartment, and I can’t get anything done. | 我什么也做不了 |
[30:28] | It’s the end of the term, my paper is due tomorrow, | 现在学期结束了 我的论文明天就要交 |
[30:30] | and it’s not going to be finished. | 我是写不完了 |
[30:34] | I don’t know how to say this, but… | 我不知道要怎么说 但是 |
[30:35] | it’s not what I signed up for. | 我当初没有想到今天 |
[30:38] | I’m sorry. I-I can’t | 抱歉 我不能 |
[30:41] | be Charlie’s temporary guardian anymore. | 在当她的监护人了 |
[30:44] | I just can’t. | 我不能 |
[30:46] | – Not even one… – No. | – 一天都不… – 不 |
[30:48] | Okay. Well… | 好吧 |
[30:49] | I’m sure we can figure out another solution. | 我相信一定有别的方法 |
[30:51] | I guess I’ll just have to call the judge | 我给法官打个电话 |
[30:52] | and come up with some next steps. | 想想下一步怎么办 |
[30:54] | But don’t you worry about it. You’re right. | 但是你不用担心 没事 |
[30:56] | This is not your responsibility. | 这不是你的责任 |
[30:58] | Your responsibility is to get an education. | 你的任务是完成好学业 |
[31:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[31:03] | Not to worry. | 别担心 |
[31:05] | Good luck with your thesis. | 希望你的论文顺利完成 |
[31:07] | Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. | 圣诞节快乐 光明日快乐 |
[31:09] | – Happy Kwanzaa. – Merry Christmas. You, too, Dr. Bull. | – 宽扎节快乐 – 圣诞快乐 你也是 布尔博士 |
[31:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:13] | Uh, I forgot. | 对了 我忘了 |
[31:14] | Charlie gets out of school at 3:15. | 查丽3:15放学 |
[31:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:18] | Well, somebody has to pick her up. | 得有人接她 |
[31:24] | Marissa! Danny? | 梅丽莎 丹妮 |
[31:28] | Chunk?! | 特朗科 |
[31:29] | Cable! | 凯博 |
[31:33] | Can I help you, Dr. Bull? | 怎么了 布尔博士 |
[31:34] | Oh, uh, I’m just looking for someone I know and trust | 我只是想找个能新人的人 |
[31:38] | or, at the very least, whose name I know. | 至少我知道名字的人 |
[31:42] | I got to get to the courthouse at 60 Center Street | 我要去60中央街的法庭 |
[31:45] | and the New Home Day School on East 62nd. | 然后去东62街的新日学校 |
[31:48] | Well, one is downtown and the other’s uptown. | 两个地方完全相反啊 |
[31:50] | – Which one’s first? – Yeah, it’s a quarter to 2:00. | – 先去哪里 – 现在2:15 |
[31:52] | We’re 20 minutes from court. How long from, uh, | 离法院还有20分钟 从这到 |
[31:54] | there to East 62nd? | 东62街多远 |
[31:55] | This time of day? | 现在这个点 |
[31:57] | 35 minutes, easy. We’ll just make it. | 35分钟足够 我们能赶上 |
[32:00] | Let’s go to court. | 我们去法庭 |
[32:03] | Hey, Bull. Good to hear from you. | 布尔 终于有你消息了 |
[32:06] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, we’re all just, uh, waiting to get in. | 我们等着进去呢 |
[32:10] | And by the way, people keep asking where you are | 对了 大家都在问我你在哪 |
[32:14] | and making ugly faces when I say, “He’s on his way.” | 我说”在路上”的时候还都不高兴 |
[32:16] | He is. And I got written statements from major CEOs | 在路上了 我也拿到重要CEO |
[32:18] | to back up our thesis on the way, too. | 签署的文件支持我们的说法了 |
[32:20] | Here’s the thing: | 还有一件事 |
[32:21] | second I get there, I need Chunk to jump in the cab | 我一到 就要特朗科打车 |
[32:24] | and go pick up Charlie at school. | 去学校接查丽 |
[32:26] | Excuse me? What-what… | 什么 |
[32:27] | Who is this Charlie guy? What are you talking about? | 谁是查丽 你说什么呢 |
[32:30] | Never mind. I’ll text you when I get close. | 没关系 我快到了发短信给你 |
[32:32] | We haven’t moved in, like, five minutes. | 我们已经五分钟没动了 |
[32:35] | It’s Christmas in New York. | 现在可是纽约的圣诞 |
[32:37] | You know what? | 好吧 |
[32:38] | Here. Never mind. | 给你 没关系 |
[32:41] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[32:47] | Hello? | 喂 |
[32:48] | We have got a problem. | 有麻烦了 |
[32:50] | We just started voir dire | 我们刚刚开始预先审查 |
[32:52] | and the clients are having a stroke. | 我们客户就疯了 |
[32:53] | They want you here. | 他们希望你在场 |
[32:55] | And Benny’s been stalling like a car with a bad carburetor. | 本尼已经拖到不能再拖了 |
[32:57] | Chunk, tell him I’m getting there as fast as I can. | 特朗科 告诉他我已经尽快赶过去了 |
[33:00] | What’s that? | 什么东西 |
[33:02] | – Huh? – Those bells. | – 什么 – 钟声 |
[33:04] | Church bells? It’s 3:00. | 教堂钟声吗 三点了 |
[33:07] | Okay. Tell Benny he’s gonna have to do his best. | 好吧 告诉本尼让他尽力 |
[33:09] | I’m not gonna make it. I got to be uptown in 15 minutes. | 我到不了了 我要在15分钟内到上城区 |
[33:11] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[33:13] | I’ll explain later. | 我会解释的 |
[33:33] | Rex?! | 雷克斯 |
[33:36] | Charlie? | 查丽 |
[33:39] | Charlie? | 查丽 |
[33:41] | Rex? | 雷克斯 |
[33:43] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[33:45] | – Dr. Bull? – Rex. | – 布尔博士 – 雷克斯 |
[33:49] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这 |
[33:51] | He saved me. | 他救了我 |
[33:52] | Well, Charlie called me. | 查丽给我打电话了 |
[33:53] | I-I guess the nanny just flaked out, | 我想保姆甩手不干了 |
[33:56] | didn’t pick her up from school, so, I mean, | 没来接她 |
[33:58] | I called her, but-but I think she just turned her cell off. | 我给保姆打电话了 她手机没开 |
[34:01] | Charlie was terrified, so I just ran right over. | 查丽很害怕 所以我就来了 |
[34:05] | So where are you going now? | 那你现在要去哪 |
[34:06] | I don’t… I don’t know. I mean, I’m… | 我不知道 |
[34:08] | I’m not allowed to bring her back to the apartment, so… | 我不能带她回公寓 所以 |
[34:11] | This is a little ridiculous, isn’t it? | 这有点荒唐对吧 |
[34:14] | You want to be with your daddy, don’t you? | 你想和你爸爸在一起对吧 |
[34:19] | And I know you want your little girl back. | 你也想要回女儿 |
[34:21] | I do. | 没错 |
[34:22] | So let’s end this. | 我们结束这一切吧 |
[34:24] | The judge wants to hear from you, Charlie. | 法官想听你说的 查丽 |
[34:27] | You can put an end to this whole thing. | 你可以结束这一切 |
[34:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[34:31] | So let’s grab a cab and go see him. | 那我们打车去见他吧 |
[34:33] | What do you say? | 你看怎么样 |
[34:39] | Hey! Sorry I’m late. | 嘿 对不起我迟到了 |
[34:41] | Bull here yet? I got that signed letter for him. | 布尔已经到了吗 我帮他拿到了那封署名信 |
[34:44] | No. Apparently, we all beat him here. | 不 显而易见 我们都比他来得早 |
[34:46] | The word is he’s on his way. | 据说他还在路上 |
[34:48] | Uh, we actually do have some news, though. | 不过我们确实有一些消息 |
[34:52] | My friend at the NYPD…he got a hit on Kyle’s prints. | 我在纽约市警察局的朋友…找到了凯尔的线索 |
[34:55] | – Seriously? – Yup. So, Kyle Anderson | – 真的吗 – 没错 所以 凯尔·安德森 |
[34:58] | is actually Robert Allen. | 其实是罗伯特·艾伦 |
[35:00] | Turns out he’s got a wife and three kids. | 我们发现他有个妻子和三个孩子 |
[35:03] | They live just outside of Bedford, New York, | 他们就住在纽约市贝德福德镇的外围 |
[35:05] | though the fam claims they haven’t seen him in years. | 然而他的家人声称几年都没见过他了 |
[35:07] | Nonetheless, wifey somehow affords a big house | 尽管如此 他妻子居然负担的起大房子 |
[35:09] | and private schools for the kids. | 孩子上的也是私立学校 |
[35:13] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[35:16] | How did I not know? | 我怎么就没发现呢 |
[35:17] | The guy is good. | 这个人很狡猾 |
[35:18] | Also, he has outstanding warrants for tax evasion, | 另外 他因为逃税 参与国际洗钱 |
[35:23] | international money laundering, larceny. | 盗窃等等 还在被通缉中 |
[35:26] | It’s quite a list. | 罪名挺多的 |
[35:27] | Which is probably why he needed you | 可能这就是为什么他需要你 |
[35:29] | to get him a passport, ’cause there was no way | 帮他办张护照 因为他没办法 |
[35:30] | he was getting out of the country with his own. | 自己出国 |
[35:32] | I used the number of the passport you got him | 我用你给他护照上的编号 |
[35:34] | to trace him to a resort on Virgin Gorda. | 追踪到他在维珍·戈达岛的一个度假胜地 |
[35:36] | He’s been there for the past three weeks | 他这三周都在那里 |
[35:38] | opening up bank accounts. | 开立银行账户 |
[35:40] | The British Virgin Islands. Of course. | 英属维尔京群岛 当然了 |
[35:43] | He’s there laundering money. | 他在那里洗钱 |
[35:45] | Looks like he deposited over half a million dollars. | 看来他存了五十多万美元 |
[35:49] | He was a busy boy. | 他是个大忙人 |
[35:53] | Church bells. | 教堂的钟声 |
[35:54] | Always makes me think of Christmas. | 总会让我想起圣诞节 |
[35:56] | Christmas. | 圣诞节 |
[35:59] | I wonder if Kyle’s coming home. | 不知道凯尔会不会回家 |
[36:04] | Well, you said he had a wife and kids. | 你说过他有老婆孩子 |
[36:06] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[36:08] | I’m thinking, how many flights can there be | 我在想 现在到圣诞节这段时间 |
[36:10] | from the Virgin Islands to New York | 从英属维尔京群岛到纽约 |
[36:11] | between now and Christmas? | 有几趟航班 |
[36:13] | Give that to Bull. | 把它给布尔 |
[36:14] | I got some last-minute Christmas plans I got to make. | 我有几个最后的圣诞节计划要做 |
[36:17] | Judge said he’d be there till 4:30. | 法官说他四点半前到 |
[36:20] | We should just make it. | 我们应该刚好能赶过去 |
[36:24] | – Charlie? – You okay, honey? | – 查丽 – 你还好吗 宝贝儿 |
[36:26] | You worried about talking to the judge? | 你在担心跟法官谈话吗 |
[36:31] | I was thinking about mom | 我在想妈妈 |
[36:34] | and how she’d tell me stories about Santa Claus. | 还有她会怎样跟我讲圣诞老人的故事 |
[36:40] | And how we’d track | 还有我们是怎样 |
[36:42] | what part of the world he was in on her computer. | 用她的电脑追踪圣诞老人到了哪里 |
[36:47] | You know, we could do that. | 我们可以一起做这些 |
[36:49] | You and I could do that. | 我和你可以一起来 |
[36:51] | No. It’s okay. | 不用了 没关系的 |
[36:53] | I know it’s a fairy tale. | 我知道这是个童话故事 |
[36:55] | I’ve known for a while now. I’m nine. | 早就知道了 我都九岁了 |
[36:57] | Is that true? Really? A fairy tale? | 真的吗 就是个童话故事 |
[37:01] | I’m… I’m not sure I believe that. | 我可不信 |
[37:03] | Yeah. I mean, | 没错 |
[37:05] | me, either. | 我也不信 |
[37:08] | I’m sorry I was mean to you, Dad. | 老爸 抱歉我之前对你很刻薄 |
[37:10] | I just missed Mommy. | 我只是想妈妈了 |
[37:12] | Oh, I’m sorry that I wasn’t a better dad, darling. | 亲爱的 抱歉我这个爸爸没能做得更好 |
[37:20] | I really miss her, too. | 我也很想她 |
[37:27] | Well, here we are. | 我们到了 |
[37:30] | All right. | 来吧 |
[37:38] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[37:39] | Where the hell have you been?! | 你到底去哪儿了 |
[37:42] | We just lost a key juror in there, and you were MIA. | 我们刚失去了一个关键性陪审员 你又玩失踪 |
[37:44] | Mr. Holt, there’s a child. | 霍尔特先生 这儿还有个孩子呢 |
[37:49] | I apologize. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:50] | I was unforeseeably detained. Nonetheless, | 我没想到会耽搁 尽管如此 |
[37:53] | you’re in great hands. | 这有两位专业人士陪着呢 |
[37:54] | Look, Mr. Colón and Mr… | 科隆先生和… |
[37:56] | I’m sure they’re great; those are not the hands | 他们是很棒 但我花钱雇的 |
[37:58] | I’m paying for. | 不是他们 |
[38:00] | Okay, we’re getting called back in. | 我们要被叫回去了 |
[38:01] | I need you to roll up your sleeves, | 你给我卷起袖子 |
[38:03] | get your head in the game. | 集中精力参加庭审 |
[38:06] | It’s 4:20, Dr. Bull. | 现在四点二十了 布尔博士 |
[38:14] | I have a previous commitment. | 我做过一个承诺 |
[38:19] | Go to the judge’s office. | 你们直接去法官办公室 |
[38:21] | I will be right behind you guys, all right? | 我随后就到 好吗 |
[38:25] | Let me be clear. | 我来把话说明白 |
[38:28] | If I walk into that courtroom without you, | 如果你不跟我一起出庭 |
[38:30] | you and your people are off the case. | 你们就别管这个案子了 |
[38:34] | Then so be it. | 那就这样吧 |
[38:36] | Truthfully, it was a mistake to get involved to begin with. | 说实在的 我一开始就不该卷进来 |
[38:38] | I mean, it’s Christmas. | 毕竟是圣诞节 |
[38:42] | I guess I just let greed | 我想我就是让被贪婪 |
[38:44] | and my own ego get the best of me. | 和自负蒙蔽了双眼 |
[38:47] | I do apologize. | 真的很抱歉 |
[38:50] | And to you guys, too. I… | 对你们我也很抱歉 我… |
[38:55] | I don’t know what I was thinking. | 我不知道当时在想什么 |
[38:59] | But I do have a gift for you. | 但我确实有个礼物要送你 |
[39:01] | You guys have those envelopes? | 你们拿到那些信封了吗 |
[39:04] | Share these with your attorneys. | 和你的律师们一起看看 |
[39:06] | I think it’ll go a long way to getting you what you want. | 我觉得你要达到目的还早着呢 |
[39:15] | You’re very welcome! | 真的不用谢 |
[39:17] | That guy’s getting a lot of coal this Christmas. | 这家伙圣诞节的礼物相当多了 |
[39:21] | Why do you guys put up with me? | 你们为什么就容得下我呢 |
[39:23] | All right, go to your meeting. | 好了 开你的会吧 |
[39:28] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[39:30] | Oh, bring it in. | 来抱一个 |
[39:34] | All right, go do some shopping. | 好啦 去买点东西 |
[39:36] | Do some drinking, get silly. | 喝点小酒 发发酒疯 |
[39:39] | And I don’t want to see any of you until after the new year. | 新年之前别让我看见你们 |
[39:43] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[39:46] | Where’s Marissa? | 梅丽莎在哪儿 |
[39:49] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[39:50] | But I’m sure she’ll check in by the holiday. | 不过她过节前肯定会到 |
[39:53] | You doing anything for Christmas, boss? | 老板 你准备怎么过圣诞节 |
[39:55] | Not gonna be alone, are you? | 不是一个人过 对吗 |
[39:57] | I got big plans. | 我有些大计划 |
[40:00] | Merry Christmas, Benny. | 圣诞快乐 本尼 |
[40:01] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[40:34] | Merry Christmas, Kyle. | 圣诞快乐 凯尔 |
[40:34] | Merry Christmas, Kyle. | 圣诞快乐 凯尔 |
[40:36] | FBI! Robert Allen, you’re under arrest for fraud, | 联邦调查局 罗伯特·艾伦 你因欺诈 |
[40:39] | larceny, money laundering and tax evasion. | 盗窃 洗钱和逃税被逮捕了 |
[40:41] | Place your hands on top of your head and get down on your knees. | 双手抱头跪下来 |
[40:46] | Have a fabulous New Year’s, too. | 同时祝你过个绝妙的新年 |
[40:53] | He just left Providence, and he is on his way here. | 他刚刚离开普罗维登斯 现在在去这里的路上 |
[40:56] | – Dad. – Look, I believe. | – 爸 – 我相信 |
[40:59] | Once you fall asleep, | 你一睡着 |
[41:01] | I know he’s gonna come down that chimney. | 他就会从烟囱爬下来 |
[41:03] | We don’t have any chimneys. | 我们家没有烟囱 |
[41:04] | We don’t have any fireplaces. | 我们家也没有壁炉 |
[41:07] | Hmm. You may be on to something there. | 你可能说到点子上了 |
[41:13] | Someone’s coming up our elevator. | 有人从我们的电梯上来了 |
[41:15] | I wonder who that could be. | 会是谁呢 |
[41:17] | Dad, don’t open it! The doorman didn’t call | 爸 别开门 门卫没有打电话来 |
[41:20] | – and ask to buzz him up. – Well, I’m not just gonna | – 让你放他上楼 – 我可不会 |
[41:22] | leave somebody trapped in the elevator. | 让别人就这么困在电梯里 |
[41:34] | Oh, I’ve got some presents here for little Charlie Kensington. | 我有些礼物要送给查丽 金斯顿小朋友 |
[41:39] | Hopefully, she’s asleep. | 希望她现在睡着了 |
[41:43] | It’s really you! | 真的是你 |
[41:48] | Ho! Ho! Ho! Ho! Someone’s excited. | 有的人可真激动啊 |
[41:52] | I know it’s you, Dr. Bull, but don’t say anything. | 我知道是你 布尔博士 不过别说出去 |
[41:55] | My dad still believes in all this stuff. | 我爸爸仍然相信这是真的 |
[41:58] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[42:00] | And thank you for bringing him back to me. | 谢谢你帮我把他带回来了 |
[42:03] | This is the best Christmas ever. | 这是最棒的圣诞节 |
[42:09] | Well, I’m not allowed | 每个人都睡着了 |
[42:11] | to give out any presents until everyone is asleep, | 我才能送礼物 |
[42:15] | So. | 所以 |
[42:17] | I’ll have to stop back by a little later. | 我会晚点再来 |
[42:38] | And to all a good night. | 希望大家都有美好的一夜 |
[43:08] | Nice look. | 很漂亮 |
[43:09] | Back at ya. | 回见 |