时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Yes, ma’am. | 喂 长官 |
[00:21] | Near the corner of Essex and Grand, | 我在埃塞克斯街和格兰德街的路口附近 |
[00:22] | under the elevated train. | 高架铁轨下面 |
[00:25] | You want to get us something to eat? | 你想去买点吃的吗 |
[00:30] | What do you want? | 你想吃点什么 |
[00:32] | Something that takes a while. | 得花点时间才能买到的东西 |
[00:34] | I don’t need that. | 我不想吃 |
[00:35] | Yes, you do. | 拿着 |
[00:46] | What? Move! Move! | 干什么 走开 走开 |
[00:49] | You don’t touch my leg. | 别摸我的大腿 |
[00:51] | What do you want? Move out of the way. | 你想干嘛 给我闪开 |
[00:53] | Move. | 走开 |
[00:55] | You don’t touch a woman’s leg without permission. | 未经允许 你不能摸女人的大腿 |
[00:57] | What if I came over there and I touched your leg, huh? | 要是我过去摸你的大腿呢 |
[01:00] | What are you looking at, little kid? | 你看什么看 小屁孩 |
[01:01] | Huh? What if I did that? | 要是我去摸你呢 |
[01:03] | Maybe even I touch the third leg in between your other two, huh? | 或者我去摸你两腿之间的那条”腿”呢 |
[01:07] | You like that? All right. | 你喜欢吗 |
[01:14] | Hazel! | 黑兹尔 |
[01:17] | Ain’t it past your bedtime? | 还没过你睡觉的时间吗 |
[01:19] | I’m waiting for a train. | 我在等火车呢 |
[01:20] | When’s the next train, meter maid? | 下一趟火车几点啊 女交警 |
[01:23] | Should be roarin’ over our heads any minute, darling. | 马上就要从我们头顶上轰鸣而过了 亲爱的 |
[01:25] | I’m still waiting. | 我还在等着呢 |
[01:27] | I told you, there’s nothing to wait for. | 我告诉过你了 不用等了 |
[01:29] | I can’t do the drops for you anymore. | 我不能再给你送毒品了 |
[01:32] | I can’t pick up your drug money. | 我不能再拿你的毒资了 |
[01:33] | It’s getting out there. I can’t have that. | 已经走漏风声了 我不能再惹麻烦了 |
[01:35] | I got a family. | 我有家庭 |
[01:37] | I got 17 years on the force. | 我还要再干十七年的警察 |
[01:39] | We’re done, Hazel. | 我不会再帮你了 黑兹尔 |
[01:41] | This isn’t a paper route, | 这不是什么送报纸的活儿 |
[01:42] | something you can just walk away from. | 不是你说走就可以走开的 |
[01:44] | We’ve got nine years together. | 我们已经一起干了九年了 |
[01:46] | I got all kinds of crap on you, Officer Sampson. | 我知道你所有的破事 桑普森警官 |
[01:49] | You know, that crap flows both ways, darlin’. | 那些事你也有份 亲爱的 |
[01:52] | Look, why don’t we part as friends. | 听着 我们好聚好散怎么样 |
[01:54] | It was good while it lasted. | 一直以来我们的关系也算友好 |
[01:55] | You want to hear something funny? | 你想听点搞笑的事吗 |
[01:57] | I’ve been trying to get someone to take you out for a month now. | 我花了一个月的时间想找人把你干掉 |
[02:00] | Something about taking out a cop | 结果在这些硬汉之中 |
[02:02] | brings out the old lady in all the tough guys. | 只有我这个老太太敢干掉警察 |
[02:04] | Well, it’s nice to know somebody still respects the badge. | 真高兴知道还是有人尊敬警察的 |
[02:07] | Now let me roll up my window. | 我要把车窗摇上来了 |
[02:08] | It’s cold. | 很冷啊 |
[02:09] | Don’t bother to roll it up! | 别麻烦摇车窗了 |
[02:12] | You’re gonna be cold in just a minute either way. | 反正你还是会很快冷掉的 |
[02:20] | Yeah. So I told him, I said, yeah. | 是啊 所以我告诉过他了 我说 是啊 |
[02:23] | Yeah, you know. Don’t touch my leg. | 是啊 你懂的 别碰我的腿 |
[02:25] | That’s right. Don’t touch my leg. | 这就对了 别碰我的腿 |
[02:27] | It’s right here. What? Move! | 就是这里 干什么 走开 |
[02:33] | I called him again. Said he’d be right down. | 我又打给了他 他说他马上就下来 |
[02:41] | Ah, morning. | “早上好” |
[02:43] | Forgive me for the way I look, feel and smell, | 请原谅我现在的模样 印象和气味 |
[02:45] | but I wasn’t expecting any visitors. | 我没想到这个点还会有访客 |
[02:47] | Well, forgive the way I look, feel and smell, | 也请原谅我现在的模样 印象和气味 |
[02:50] | but I wasn’t planning on doing any visiting. | 我也没打算这个点来拜访 |
[02:52] | Dr. Bull, I’m Gabrielle Ramsden from the DA’s office. | 布尔博士 我是区检察官办公室的加布里埃尔·拉姆斯登 |
[02:54] | I apologize for waking you at 2:00 in the morning, | 很抱歉在凌晨两点叫醒你 |
[02:57] | but I need a favor and the district attorney said | 但是我现在需要帮助 而检察官说 |
[02:59] | that you were the man to ask. | 我应该来找你 |
[03:00] | Well, you can tell him I already did one, I got out of bed. | 那你可以告诉他我已经帮过一个忙了 我起床了 |
[03:03] | Then I need another one. | 那我还需要你帮另一个忙 |
[03:04] | I’d like you to get into that police car with me. | 我想让你跟我一起上那辆警车 |
[03:06] | An officer has been shot and killed | 一位警员被枪杀 |
[03:08] | and I need you to question the shooter. | 我需要你去审问那个枪手 |
[03:10] | Don’t you have detectives for that? | 这事就不能让警探去做吗 |
[03:12] | No, detectives won’t do. | 不行 警探做不到 |
[03:13] | And time is of the essence. | 而且时间紧迫 |
[03:15] | Look, I’m happy to explain, but I’d really prefer | 我很乐意为你解释 但是我更想 |
[03:17] | to do it from a moving car. | 先上车 在路上为你解释 |
[03:18] | The partner of the dead officer caught the assailant. | 遇害警员的搭档抓住了袭击者 |
[03:21] | We’ve got her down at the precinct. | 我们把她关在警察分局 |
[03:22] | Her? | “她” |
[03:23] | You ever heard of Hazel Diaz? | 你有没有听说过黑兹尔·迪亚兹 |
[03:24] | Why, is she saying she’s heard of me? | 怎么 她说她听说过我吗 |
[03:27] | She’s a Brooklyn crime boss, | 她是布鲁克林区的犯罪首领 |
[03:28] | has been for 30 years. | 已经三十年了 |
[03:30] | We’ve had her in custody | 我们已经抓了她 |
[03:31] | seven other times, but she’s got this act. | 七次了 但每次她都会演这一出 |
[03:34] | Well, at least I think it’s an act. | 至少我觉得她是演的 |
[03:36] | Whenever she’s in public, | 每当她在公众场合时 |
[03:37] | she behaves like she’s mentally ill. | 她的行为就像是个精神病 |
[03:39] | Talks to herself, big grand gestures, | 自言自语 夸张举动 |
[03:40] | looks to people who aren’t there. | 看着假想出来的人 |
[03:42] | It’s kind of genius. | 演得出神入化 |
[03:43] | No sooner do we get her downtown, then her lawyer | 等我们把她带到警察局 她的律师就会马上 |
[03:46] | comes charging in, demanding a competency hearing. | 冲进来 要求召开评估健康状况的听证会 |
[03:48] | Whatever the crime, the judge ends up sending her | 无论她犯了什么事 法官最终都只能将她送到 |
[03:50] | to Bellingham for six months of treatment and observation, | 贝林哈姆精神病院接受六个月的治疗和观察 |
[03:52] | then she’s right back out on the street. | 然后她就又回到街头了 |
[03:54] | I’m sorry. I missed the part about me. | 不好意思 我不明白这关我什么事 |
[03:56] | I’m hoping you and I get to the precinct before her lawyer does. | 我希望你和我能在她的律师之前赶到警察分局 |
[03:59] | And then I’m hoping if I get you two in a room together, | 然后我希望能安排你去审问她 |
[04:01] | that you’ll be able to testify | 这样你就可以出庭作证 |
[04:02] | that she’s competent to stand trial. | 证明她有能力上庭受审 |
[04:04] | That’s why I had to pull you out of bed. | 这就是为什么我不得不叫你起床 |
[04:06] | That’s why he has his siren on, | 为什么警车要鸣起警笛 |
[04:07] | and that’s why we’re going 70 miles an hour through Midtown. | 为什么我们正以每小时七十英里的速度穿过中城区 |
[04:14] | Hazel, do you know why you’re here? | 黑兹尔 你知道你为什么会在这里吗 |
[04:16] | Three blind mice. Three blind mice. | 三只瞎老鼠 三只瞎老鼠 |
[04:21] | – See how they run. – Hazel, I’m gonna begin | – 看它们逃跑 – 黑兹尔 我要开始对你进行 |
[04:23] | a forensic symptoms assessment. | 司法精神病学鉴定 |
[04:24] | They went after the farmer’s wife, | 它们追着农夫的妻子 |
[04:26] | and she cuts off their tails with a carving knife. | 妻子就用一把切肉刀砍断了它们的尾巴 |
[04:30] | They want to know if you’re a doctor. | 它们想知道你是不是个医生 |
[04:34] | They? | “它们” |
[04:37] | Well, you can just tell them | 那你可以告诉它们 |
[04:38] | I’m a fella who’s here to ask you a few questions. | 我只是个来问你几个问题的家伙 |
[04:41] | So you hear voices. | 所以你出现幻听了 |
[04:46] | Have you ever seen such a sight in your life? | 你们见过这种情景吗 |
[04:49] | Hey, guys. Are you listening? | 伙计们 你们在听我说吗 |
[04:52] | He’s asking me if I hear voices! | 他竟然问我是不是幻听 |
[05:00] | Do you hear the voices on the right side of your head | 你是在头部右侧听到声音 |
[05:03] | or the left side of your head? | 还是头部左侧 |
[05:05] | Top or bottom? | 顶部还是底部 |
[05:07] | Or do you hear them through your teeth? | 又或者你是通过牙齿听到声音的 |
[05:09] | That’s a popular choice. | 很多人都选择这样回答 |
[05:12] | Did the voices tell you to shoot that police officer? | 是不是这个声音让你枪杀那个警官的 |
[05:16] | I’m starting to get tired. | 我开始感到累了 |
[05:20] | Were the voices telling you Officer Sampson | 是不是这个声音告诉你桑普森警官 |
[05:22] | was dangerous? That he was a threat? | 对你有危险 他是个威胁 |
[05:24] | No! | 不是 |
[05:25] | I don’t know what he’s talking about, either. | 我也不知道他在说什么 |
[05:33] | Three blind mice. Three blind mice. | 三只瞎老鼠 三只瞎老鼠 |
[05:37] | – See how they run. See how they run. – Hazel. | – 看它们逃跑 看它们逃跑 – 黑兹尔 |
[05:45] | Hazel. | 黑兹尔 |
[05:47] | Dear. | 亲爱的 |
[05:49] | No more talking. | 不要再说话了 |
[05:52] | A shot in the dark. | 容我瞎猜一下 |
[05:54] | Is this your attorney? | 这是你的律师吗 |
[05:56] | Hmm. | 是的 |
[05:57] | I’m afraid we haven’t had the pleasure. I’m Dr. Jason Bull. | 我们还没正式见过 我是杰森·布尔博士 |
[06:00] | Sean Perkins. I represent Ms. Diaz. | 肖恩·柏金斯 我是迪亚兹女士的律师 |
[06:02] | And this meeting is over. | 本次会面到此结束 |
[06:03] | Interesting, isn’t it? | 真有意思 不是吗 |
[06:05] | That you knew the precise precinct | 三更半夜的 你却准确地知道 |
[06:08] | she would be at in the middle of the night, | 她被关在哪个警察分局 |
[06:10] | when your client is in what appears to be | 而你的委托人似乎正处于 |
[06:13] | the middle of a psychotic break. | 精神崩溃状态之中 |
[06:16] | If not her, who could have gotten word to you? | 如果不是她 又会是谁告诉你来哪个警察局呢 |
[06:19] | I’m sorry. I thought I made it clear | 不好意思 我觉得我已经说得很清楚了 |
[06:22] | that this meeting is over. | 本次会面到此结束 |
[06:30] | You’re a riveting conversationalist. | 你真是个特别健谈的人 |
[06:37] | And as for the rest of you, | 至于其余的”人” |
[06:39] | I look forward to chatting again soon. | 我很期待能再次交谈 |
[06:49] | Hey, hey. Letting the hubby know you’re almost done? | 正告诉你老公说你这边马上结束呢 |
[06:53] | No hubby, it’s my neighbor. | 不是老公 是我的邻居 |
[06:54] | She’s watching my seven-month-old. | 她正帮忙照看我七个月大的孩子 |
[06:56] | Oh, congratulations. Boy or a girl? | 恭喜你 是个男孩还是女孩 |
[06:59] | Shih Tzu. | 狮子狗 |
[07:01] | Boy. | 公的 |
[07:01] | Tom Jones. | 他叫汤姆·琼斯 |
[07:04] | I don’t get it. | 我没明白 |
[07:05] | You ever hear a Shih Tzu bark? | 你听过狮子狗叫吗 |
[07:07] | You know what a deep voice Tom Jones has? | 你知道汤姆·琼斯有着怎样低沉的嗓音吗 |
[07:10] | Got it. | 我懂了 |
[07:12] | Do you want to grab some breakfast? | 你想去吃点早餐吗 |
[07:13] | No. I really need to know | 不 但我很想知道 |
[07:15] | what happened in your meeting with Hazel. | 你和黑兹尔的会面如何 |
[07:17] | You know, I can multitask. | 我可以一心多用的 |
[07:18] | I can eat and talk. | 我可以边吃边说 |
[07:21] | I’m not gonna forget between here and the diner. | 从这走到餐馆的功夫 我不会忘记的 |
[07:23] | Let’s just do it here. | 还是就在这里说吧 |
[07:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:31] | She didn’t answer any of the assessment questions. | 她没有回答任何症状评估问题 |
[07:34] | I had a hunch that’s how she was gonna play it. | 我有预感她会这么演这场戏 |
[07:36] | She’s been to this rodeo before. | 毕竟她经历过类似的审讯 |
[07:38] | The key thing is, she’s conflating symptoms | 关键在于 她同时表现出 |
[07:40] | of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. | 精神分裂症和躁郁症的症状 |
[07:43] | And that is usually a sign that someone is a fake. | 这通常是某人在假装精神病的表现 |
[07:46] | And if you haven’t studied the nuances of mental illness, | 如果你没有研究过精神疾病的细微差异 |
[07:49] | and you’re not up-to-date on your diagnostics, | 没有了解过最新的诊断方法 |
[07:52] | she’s giving a very credible performance. | 那么她的表现是非常让令人信服的 |
[07:54] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么意思 |
[07:55] | I’m saying the judge may believe her. | 我是说法官可能会相信她 |
[07:58] | No. I can’t let Hazel Diaz walk an eighth time, | 不 我不能让黑兹尔·迪亚兹第八次无罪释放 |
[08:01] | now when she’s killed a cop. | 她杀死了一名警察啊 |
[08:03] | Hey, Ms. ADA, I’m on your team. | 助理地检小姐 我和你是一伙的 |
[08:05] | And the lawyer knows that I’m on to them. | 而且她的律师知道我盯上他们了 |
[08:07] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么能肯定 |
[08:09] | Well, the minute he walked into the room, | 当律师进来的那一刻 |
[08:10] | she knew to shut up. | 她知道不再说话了 |
[08:12] | It was absolutely clear she knew he was coming. | 非常明显她知道律师会过来 |
[08:15] | And how is that possible if she can’t tell reality from fiction? | 而她是如何能够分辨出现实和幻想呢 |
[08:19] | I mean, did she call him? | 我是说 她有没有给律师打电话 |
[08:21] | Will you testify to all of that at the competency hearing? | 你会在健康状况听证会上作证这些吗 |
[08:24] | Will I be able to buy you coffee and eggs? | 我能请你喝咖啡和吃煎蛋吗 |
[08:26] | Not this morning, no. | 今早不行 |
[08:28] | Well, then I guess I’ll have to testify | 那我想我不得不去作证了 |
[08:29] | – so that I can see you again. – Well, then I guess you will. | – 这样我才能再次见到你 – 你会再次见到我的 |
[08:31] | Are we sharing a police car home? | 我们是坐同一辆警车回家吗 |
[08:32] | There’s one out there for you. | 外面有一辆警车会送你回家 |
[08:34] | I’m uptown; I’m taking a subway. | 我要去上城区 我坐地铁 |
[08:35] | Hmm. You’re tough. | 你很难搞定啊 |
[08:37] | You’re persistent. | 你很执着啊 |
[08:38] | Oh, I haven’t even taken my persistence out of the box yet. | 我都还没开始展示我的执着呢 |
[08:41] | Good night, Dr. Bull. | 晚安 布尔博士 |
[08:43] | And thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[08:45] | Mark my words, as soon as I’m gone, | 记住我的话 我一走 |
[08:48] | you’re gonna be very hungry. | 你就会觉得饿了 |
[09:17] | Good morning, Mrs. Sampson. | 早上好 桑普森太太 |
[09:18] | Good morning, ADA Ramsden. | 早上好 拉姆斯登助理地检 |
[09:21] | So what do you think our chances are? | 你觉得我们有多大胜算 |
[09:23] | How do you mean? | 你是指 |
[09:24] | Chances of getting that lying murderer | 我们有多大胜算能让那个满口谎言的杀人犯 |
[09:26] | to take responsibility for killing my husband. | 为我丈夫的死付出代价 |
[09:29] | To stand trial for the first time in her life. | 让她这辈子第一次上庭受审 |
[09:31] | We’re doing everything we can, Mrs. Sampson. | 我们会尽力而为的 桑普森太太 |
[09:34] | In fact, this gentleman standing next to you | 其实 你身边的这位先生 |
[09:35] | is here to testify that there’s no reason in the world | 就将出庭证明黑兹尔·迪亚兹 |
[09:38] | for Hazel Diaz not to stand trial. | 完全没有理由逃脱审判 |
[09:40] | Dr. Bull, | 布尔博士 |
[09:41] | as a licensed psychologist | 您是一位执业心理学家 |
[09:43] | with three PhDs in human behavior, | 拥有三个人类行为学的博士学位 |
[09:45] | could I trouble you for your observations? | 我能否请教一下您的所见所得 |
[09:47] | Of course. | 当然 |
[09:49] | Initially, Ms. Diaz displayed | 一开始 迪亚兹女士表现出了 |
[09:50] | the textbook signs of schizophrenia: | 教科书式的精神分裂症症状 |
[09:52] | delusions and hallucinations; | 也就是出现妄想和幻觉 |
[09:54] | carry on conversations with people | 她会和臆想中的人物 |
[09:56] | who were not in the room with us. | 进行对话 |
[09:57] | That sounds serious. Did Ms. Diaz display | 那听起来很严重 迪亚兹女士 |
[10:00] | any other signs of mental illness? | 是否表现出了其他心理疾病的症状 |
[10:02] | She did. She displayed signs | 确实如此 她说话时 |
[10:04] | of rapid and disorganized speech, | 速度极快而且逻辑混乱 |
[10:06] | which is typically | 这种行为 |
[10:07] | a symptom of bipolar disorder, | 是躁郁症的典型症状 |
[10:10] | not schizophrenia. | 而非精神分裂症症状 |
[10:12] | Is it common for a person | 那一个人有没有可能 |
[10:13] | to simultaneously display signs | 同时表现出 |
[10:14] | of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder? | 精神分裂症和躁郁症的症状呢 |
[10:17] | No, not common. Not normal. | 不 这不常见 也不正常 |
[10:19] | Not… credible, | 老实说 这也不可信 |
[10:21] | frankly. When a person | 当一个人 |
[10:23] | shows symptoms of several disorders, | 表现出多种心理疾病的症状 |
[10:25] | it is almost always a key indicator | 我们基本可以肯定 |
[10:27] | the person is malingering. | 这个人是在诈病 |
[10:29] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:30] | Can you define malingering, Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 你能否解释一下诈病的定义 |
[10:32] | Malingering is when a person fakes a mental illness | 诈病是指一个人假装患有心理疾病 |
[10:36] | in order to evade responsibility for something. | 以逃避某件事情的责任 |
[10:38] | And in your expert opinion, | 以你的专业见解 |
[10:40] | is Ms. Diaz malingering? | 迪亚兹女士是否在诈病 |
[10:42] | Oh, in my expert opinion, | 以我的专业见解 |
[10:44] | Ms. Diaz is the queen of malingering. | 迪亚兹女士堪称诈病之王 |
[10:46] | Based solely on the fact | 只是因为 |
[10:48] | that she was conflating symptoms of several illnesses? | 她表现出了多种心理疾病的症状吗 |
[10:51] | Oh, no, | 不 |
[10:52] | not… solely. | 不只是这样 |
[10:53] | It was also hard to miss Ms. Diaz’s response | 迪亚兹女士的辩护律师走进房间的时候 |
[10:56] | when her attorney was walking into the room. | 她的表现也很值得注意 |
[10:59] | The second he walked in, he ordered her to stop talking, | 律师一走进来就要求迪亚兹女士保持沉默 |
[11:02] | and she did… it was obvious | 而她照做了 |
[11:04] | she recognized him, obvious she was not surprised | 显然迪亚兹女士认出了律师 显然她对他的 |
[11:06] | to see him, obvious she knew he was coming, | 出现并不意外 显然她知道他会来 |
[11:08] | and lucid enough to respond to all of his commands. | 而且她能清醒地遵从他的所有指令 |
[11:12] | – So to sum up… – To sum up, | – 所以总而言之 – 总而言之 |
[11:14] | this woman is clearly not mentally ill. | 这位女士明显不患有任何心理疾病 |
[11:17] | She knew exactly what she was doing that night, | 她对那天晚上的所作所为一清二楚 |
[11:20] | and she is perfectly capable of standing trial. | 而她也完全有能力接受审判 |
[11:24] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. | 谢谢你 布尔博士 |
[11:31] | Dr. Bull… | 布尔博士 |
[11:33] | approximately how long did your interview with Hazel Diaz take? | 你和黑兹尔·迪亚兹的审讯大约持续了多久 |
[11:37] | Perhaps 20 minutes. | 大概二十分钟 |
[11:39] | It might well have lasted longer, but as I mentioned… | 我们本可以多聊一会儿的 但正如我所说 |
[11:42] | you showed up. | 你出现了 |
[11:43] | So on the basis of a single 20-minute encounter, | 所以仅凭二十分钟的会面 |
[11:47] | you think you can diagnose this woman’s mental state? | 你就自认能够诊断这位女士的精神状态 |
[11:50] | I didn’t claim to diagnose her mental state, | 我从来没有说过我在诊断她的精神状态 |
[11:53] | whatever your definition of that is. | 无论你是如何定义这个词的 |
[11:55] | I am simply here to offer | 我只是在此 |
[11:57] | my expert opinion as to whether or not | 对她是否有受审能力这个问题 |
[11:59] | – she is competent to stand trial. – Are you aware | – 提供我的专业意见 – 你是否知道 |
[12:02] | that this woman has been suffering from schizophrenia | 这位女士二十多年来一直在遭受 |
[12:05] | for over two decades now? | 精神分裂症的折磨 |
[12:06] | I am aware that that’s her claim. | 我知道这是她的一面之词 |
[12:08] | But you do understand that during the incident | 那你是否知道 |
[12:10] | with Officer Sampson, and during | 在当晚与桑普森警官的事故 |
[12:13] | your subsequent interview, | 以及你之后的审问中 |
[12:14] | she was in the middle of a psychotic episode? | 她都处在精神错乱的状态 |
[12:17] | Again, I’m aware that’s her claim. | 我知道这同样是她的一面之词 |
[12:20] | And just to be clear, | 而且准确来说 |
[12:21] | the incident that you’re speaking of | 你所说的事故 |
[12:22] | was cold-blooded murder at point-blank range. | 是一场冷血的近距离谋杀 |
[12:25] | Execution. Assassination. | 处决 暗杀 |
[12:28] | Those might be better terms | 这些词可能比”事故” |
[12:29] | – for the “Incident.” – Objection, Your Honor. | – 更合适 – 法官大人 反对 |
[12:31] | Nonresponsive answer. | 答非所问 |
[12:33] | And by the way, if she was in the middle | 此外 如果她真的精神错乱 |
[12:34] | of a psychotic state, she would never have been able | 她根本不可能 |
[12:36] | to communicate with you the way she did. | 用那种方式和你沟通 |
[12:38] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[12:39] | All of it. | 全部内容 |
[12:40] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[12:41] | Well, I-I’d like to remind Dr. Bull and the court | 我想提醒布尔博士以及法庭 |
[12:45] | – that he is supposed to remain unbiased. – And I would like | – 他不该带有偏见 – 而我想提醒法庭 |
[12:48] | to remind the court that what’s in question today | 今天我们在讨论的问题是 |
[12:50] | is whether or not | 迪亚兹女士是否 |
[12:51] | Ms. Diaz is competent to stand trial. | 有能力出庭受审 |
[12:53] | And in order to be competent to stand trial, | 要达到有能力受审的标准 |
[12:55] | she must be able to effectively communicate with her lawyer | 她必须具备和律师正常沟通的能力 |
[12:57] | and understand the charges against her. | 并明白针对她的那些指控 |
[12:59] | That is the criteria, and in all my years | 这是基本标准 而自我执业以来 |
[13:02] | of practicing psychology, I have never seen anyone | 我从未见过任何精神错乱的人 |
[13:05] | in a psychotic state communicate with the extraordinary finesse | 能像黑兹尔·迪亚兹当晚那样 |
[13:10] | that Hazel Diaz did that night. | 展现出如此出色的沟通技巧 |
[13:13] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. | 谢谢你 布尔博士 |
[13:14] | Mr. Perkins, if you don’t have | 柏金斯先生 如果你对 |
[13:16] | any more questions for the good doctor, | 这位正直的博士没有其他问题的话 |
[13:18] | can we move on with this hearing? | 我们能否继续本次听证 |
[13:21] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官大人 |
[13:23] | Witness is excused. | 证人可以离席 |
[13:29] | In light of this testimony, | 根据这份证言 |
[13:31] | I believe that Hazel Diaz is indeed able | 我认为黑兹尔·迪亚兹 |
[13:33] | to both understand the nature | 确实能够明白 |
[13:35] | and consequences of these proceedings, | 这场诉讼的性质和结果 |
[13:38] | and is fully capable… | 她也完全有能力 |
[13:40] | of assisting in her own defense. | 协助参与她自己的辩护 |
[13:43] | Hazel Diaz, you are therefore fit to stand trial, | 因此 黑兹尔·迪亚兹 你能够接受审判 |
[13:47] | which will commence this Wednesday. | 案件将于本周三开庭 |
[14:13] | Talk to her yet? | 你和她聊过吗 |
[14:16] | No. | 没有 |
[14:19] | No, I’m a terrible friend. | 没 我不是个称职的朋友 |
[14:21] | Truth is, | 事实是 |
[14:22] | I don’t know what to say to her. | 我不知道该对她说什么 |
[14:24] | You say what you feel. | 你怎么想的就怎么说 |
[14:25] | I don’t know what I feel. | 我不知道我是怎么想的 |
[14:28] | I feel bad for her. | 我为她感到难过 |
[14:30] | On the other hand, what she did | 但另一方面来说 她触犯了联邦法律 |
[14:32] | was a federal crime, and it almost cost a man his business. | 而且几乎毁了一个人的事业 |
[14:35] | I get that, but still, she’s my friend. | 我明白 但她毕竟是我的朋友 |
[14:37] | I can’t just shut that off. | 我不能无视这点 |
[14:40] | Have you spoken to her? | 你和她说过话了吗 |
[14:42] | Left her a bunch of messages, | 我留了一堆消息 |
[14:43] | – but she hasn’t called me back. – Hasn’t called me back, either. | – 但她没有回我电话 – 她也没回我电话 |
[14:47] | Bull told me to start interviewing candidates | 布尔让我开始面试候选人 |
[14:49] | to take her place. | 找人替代她的位置 |
[14:51] | Oh, well, with any luck, you won’t find anyone. | 要是走运的话 你是找不到人的 |
[14:54] | Come on, off the fence. Tell us how you really feel. | 别说风凉话了 说说你到底怎么想的 |
[14:58] | I miss her. | 我想她 |
[15:00] | And yeah, she did a bad thing. | 是 她是做了件坏事 |
[15:03] | But who among us | 但我们这些人里面 |
[15:04] | hasn’t made a boneheaded mistake? | 谁没有干过蠢事 |
[15:06] | It’s part of the journey. | 人人都会经历的 不是吗 |
[15:08] | Okay? And I think | 而且我想 |
[15:10] | if she had it to do over, she’d do it differently. | 如果她有重来的机会 她就不会这样做了 |
[15:14] | So… anyway, | 总之 不论如何 |
[15:16] | good luck with your interviews. | 祝你面试好运 |
[15:19] | Not. | 才怪 |
[15:24] | This is not my first time | 小姐 |
[15:26] | at the barbecue, missy. | 这不是我第一次约会了 |
[15:27] | Girl calls guy out of the blue. | 女孩忽然把男孩叫出来 |
[15:29] | It’s only been a week. | 才过了一周 |
[15:30] | Buys him breakfast. Next thing you know, | 请他吃一顿早饭 接着 |
[15:32] | girl has expectations, | 女孩们就有所期待了 |
[15:34] | thinks she can take… certain liberties. | 就觉得自己可以… 为所欲为 |
[15:36] | I have my moral code to consider. | 我有自己的道德准则 |
[15:39] | And my reputation. So… | 还有我的名声要顾及 |
[15:41] | I think we ought to slow things down here. | 所以我想 我们应该一步一步来 |
[15:43] | Let’s start with breakfast, right? | 就从早餐开始 怎么样 |
[15:45] | I say we go halfsies. | 我们平摊吧 |
[15:47] | What do I owe you, six bucks? | 我该付你多少 六块钱 |
[15:49] | I’m guessing that’s not your first cup of coffee today. | 我猜这不是你今天第一杯咖啡了 |
[15:52] | Touche | 没错 |
[15:53] | So, to what do I owe this… bountiful feast? | 你请我吃这顿大餐 是有何请求 |
[15:57] | I had a meeting in the judge’s chambers yesterday. | 我昨天在法官室开了个会 |
[15:59] | The other side admits | 对方承认了 |
[16:00] | she shot the officer at point-blank range. | 她近距离射杀了警员 |
[16:03] | – But? – But… | – 但是 – 但是 |
[16:04] | they’re pleading not guilty by reason of insanity. | 他们想以精神失常为由进行无罪辩护 |
[16:08] | Hmm. You can’t really be surprised. | 没什么可意外的 |
[16:10] | She’s spent her whole life preparing for this moment. | 她一辈子都在为这个时刻做准备 |
[16:13] | Mm-hmm. And now, of course, | 确实 那么现在 |
[16:14] | each side is entitled to hire an expert. | 双方都能雇佣一位专家 |
[16:16] | Theirs to prove that, while she’s competent to stand trial, | 对方的专家要证明 虽然她有能力受审 |
[16:19] | she’s still mentally ill and was so at the time of the shooting. | 她确实有心理疾病 开枪时也是如此 |
[16:22] | And ours to prove that she’s not crazy at all. | 而我们的专家要证明她根本没疯 |
[16:26] | And I told them I want you. | 我告诉他们我想找你 |
[16:29] | And they went nuts, | 对方气疯了 |
[16:30] | which is how I know I made the right choice. | 所以我知道 我的选择没错 |
[16:32] | And the judge approved it. | 法官也同意了 |
[16:35] | So, what do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[16:37] | The DA’s office has asked me to serve as forensic psychologist | 地检署希望我在黑兹尔·迪亚兹的案子中 |
[16:40] | on the Hazel Diaz case. | 担任犯罪心理学家 |
[16:42] | Wait, I’m confused. | 等等 我不明白 |
[16:43] | They’re hiring you and not TAC? | 他们雇了你一个人 而不是整个公司 |
[16:46] | I don’t mean to get all gooey on you, | 我不想总缠着你们 |
[16:48] | but when they hire me, if the need is there, | 但既然他们雇了我 如果有需要的话 |
[16:51] | they get all of you, too. | 他们也雇了你们所有人 |
[16:53] | I mean, we won’t be doing | 我们用不着 |
[16:54] | our usual voir dire and all of that, | 做预先审查那一套 |
[16:57] | but I will be counting on the four of you | 但我就靠着你们四个人 |
[17:00] | to help me do my job, | 帮我完成工作 |
[17:01] | which is to convince the jury | 我们要说服陪审团 |
[17:03] | that this was exactly what it looks like: | 这整件事根本就是看上去的那样 |
[17:06] | – a cold-blooded killing. – Well… | – 是一场冷血的谋杀 – 那好 |
[17:08] | we’re here for you, boss. | 老板 我们任你差遣 |
[17:10] | Good. Tomorrow morning, | 好 明天早上 |
[17:11] | a pile of court documents and medical records will arrive, | 一大堆法庭文件和医疗记录就会送到 |
[17:14] | and I need all hands on deck to go through them. | 我需要大家全部都过一遍 |
[17:16] | What exactly is it that we’re looking for? | 我们到底要找什么 |
[17:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:19] | Basically, I’ve got two arrows in my quiver. | 其实 我已经准备了两招杀手锏 |
[17:23] | I get to do another assessment with her. | 我要去和她进行第二次评估了 |
[17:25] | Didn’t you already do one of those? | 你不是已经做过一次了吗 |
[17:27] | – Sure did. – And since you’ve already proven | – 是的 – 而且既然你已经证明 |
[17:29] | that she’s capable of standing trial, | 她有能力接受审判 |
[17:31] | how is a second assessment at a later date gonna prove | 那之后的第二次评估怎么能证明 |
[17:34] | that she was insane at the time of the killing? | 她杀人时处于精神错乱的状态呢 |
[17:37] | Precisely. Which is why I need to use the assessment | 没错 这就是为什么我要用评估 |
[17:39] | to get her to implicate herself. | 证明她与这件事有所牵连 |
[17:41] | You’re gonna try to get her to confess? | 你想让她招供 |
[17:43] | A man can dream. | 人是可以做做梦的 |
[17:46] | And what about the “Second arrow”? | 那你的”另一招”是什么 |
[17:50] | Her insanity defense holds water because… | 她精神错乱的辩护说得通是因为 |
[17:53] | the crime itself appears illogical. | 这次犯罪本身似乎不合逻辑 |
[17:56] | She had no apparent reason to kill Officer Sampson. | 她没什么明显的理由要去杀害桑普森警官 |
[17:59] | It appears completely random. | 看起来完全就是随机行为 |
[18:02] | Just like the nursery rhyme she was singing | 就像我们第一次面谈时 |
[18:05] | during our first interview. | 她哼的歌谣一样 |
[18:07] | But what if it wasn’t? | 如果不是呢 |
[18:09] | What if she executed Sampson | 如果她处决桑普森 |
[18:11] | for a reason? | 是有原因的呢 |
[18:13] | Then she doesn’t look so crazy. | 那她看来也不是这么疯了 |
[18:15] | Let’s look into everyone in Sampson’s life. | 我们来查查桑普森生活中的每个人 |
[18:17] | Okay. I’ll reach out to the wife, to the kids. | 好的 我会联系他妻子和孩子 |
[18:20] | I’ll track down his partner, | 我会追查他的搭档 |
[18:22] | talk to other people he worked with. | 和其他跟他一起工作的人谈谈 |
[18:23] | I’ll start poring through those documents tomorrow. | 我明天会仔细看那些文件 |
[18:25] | Do you need me to help you prep for your assessment? | 你需要我帮你准备你的评估吗 |
[18:27] | That’d be great. | 那太好了 |
[18:30] | And, uh, so, who’s looking into the cyber side of things? | 谁来查看计算机网络方面的事 |
[18:34] | Well, Marissa’s working on that. We’ll find somebody. | 玛丽萨正在处理 我们会找到人做的 |
[18:36] | Just takes a little while. | 只是需要点时间 |
[18:38] | Oh, ’cause I know someone who’s really good, | 我倒认识一个挺在行的人 |
[18:41] | and, uh, instantly available. | 一直都有空的 |
[18:42] | This is not a conversation you want to have with me. | 你不会想和我聊这个的 |
[18:44] | No. No. This is not a conversation | 不 你也不会 |
[18:46] | you want to have with us. | 想和我们聊这个的 |
[18:48] | Because you’re afraid we might change your mind. | 因为你怕我们可能改变你的想法 |
[18:50] | Speak for yourself. | 别替我们做主 |
[18:51] | Please. | 拜托 |
[18:55] | I would have hoped that we could have at least talked about it. | 我就是希望关于这个至少我们能谈谈 |
[18:58] | By all means. | 当然 |
[18:59] | Feel free to talk among yourselves… | 你们随便谈 |
[19:01] | when you’re off the clock, | 下班之后谈 |
[19:03] | or at your new place of employment. | 或者在你们新雇主那里谈 |
[19:26] | He’s not home. | 他不在 |
[19:27] | Getting ready for the big evaluation? | 准备好这个重大评估了吗 |
[19:29] | Chunk’s putting the equipment in the car as we speak. | 我们说话这功夫 查克正搬机器到车上呢 |
[19:32] | Well, then maybe this should wait. | 或许该等一会 |
[19:35] | It about Hazel Diaz? | 是因为黑兹尔·迪亚兹吗 |
[19:37] | It’s not good. | 情况不太好 |
[19:39] | Knowledge is power. Let me have it. | 知识就是力量 给我点力量吧 |
[19:42] | I was reviewing Hazel’s early medical records, | 我看黑兹尔早期的病例报告时 |
[19:45] | and I realized the woman that Hazel calls her mother… | 发现黑兹尔叫妈妈的那个女人 |
[19:47] | is actually her aunt. | 其实是她阿姨 |
[19:49] | – And this is important why? – Because it’s a consequence | – 这很重要吗 – 就是因为 |
[19:52] | of her real mother having been in a mental institution | 她亲生母亲二十几岁时就住进了 |
[19:55] | from her early 20s until she passed 11 years ago. | 精神病院 一直到十一年前去世 |
[19:59] | Being treated for what? | 什么病 |
[20:00] | Schizophrenia. | 精神分裂症 |
[20:01] | – Oh, God… – I only mention it | – 天啊 – 我提到这个 |
[20:03] | because according to the literature, | 只是因为根据文献记载 |
[20:05] | if you have a parent with schizophrenia, | 如果你父母其中一方有精神分裂症 |
[20:07] | you are 13 times more likely to have it yourself. | 你的患病几率就是普通人的十三倍 |
[20:09] | Wow, there’s a handy fact I’m sure the defense | 这么有用的信息 我确信辩方 |
[20:11] | – can’t wait to share. – Bull… | – 已经迫不及待要分享了- 布尔 |
[20:13] | is it possible that Hazel isn’t lying? | 有没有可能黑兹尔没撒谎呢 |
[20:18] | No. | 没有 |
[20:20] | I was with her an hour after she committed the crime. | 她被捕之后我跟她待了一个小时 |
[20:22] | The lady was acting. | 她在演戏 |
[20:24] | It’s true, it’s 13 times more likely | 确实 如果父母中有一方患精神分裂症 |
[20:27] | if a parent is schizophrenic that you could be, too, | 你的患病几率是常人的十三倍 |
[20:29] | but it’s a hundred times more likely if you’re a criminal | 但是如果你是罪犯的话 而且有人让你知道了 |
[20:32] | and someone makes you aware of those statistics, | 这些统计数据的话 那你会利用这些数据 |
[20:35] | that you will find a way to use them to your advantage. | 来为自己脱罪的几率就是常人的一百倍 |
[20:38] | I got to go. | 我要走了 |
[20:42] | You bring a lot of memory cards? | 你有带很多记忆卡吗 |
[20:45] | – Oh, 12 hours’ worth. – Good. | – 够录十二小时 – 好的 |
[20:47] | It may take that long to get her to crack. | 可能就需要那么长时间才能击垮她 |
[20:49] | – When you say crack… – The longer | – 当你说击垮 – 我能让她 |
[20:50] | I can keep her talking, answering questions, | 讲得越久 回答越多问题 |
[20:52] | the more likely she is to slip up | 她就越有可能露出马脚 |
[20:54] | and reveal something the ADA can use on the stand. | 助理地检也许在庭上能用得上 |
[20:56] | And if she doesn’t? | 如果她没露馅儿呢 |
[20:58] | She will. | 她会的 |
[21:00] | Nobody can keep up that act all day long. | 没谁能一天到晚的演戏 |
[21:04] | Each of these memory cards | 每一张记忆卡 |
[21:05] | is good for one hour. | 足够用一小时 |
[21:06] | When the camera dings, you change it out. | 摄像机一响 你就换一张 |
[21:08] | Got it. | 明白 |
[21:09] | As soon as you’re done, and they give you your cell phone back, | 一旦你结束这边 他们就会还你手机 |
[21:12] | shoot me a text, and I’ll be back with the car in a flash. | 发个消息给我 我马上开车回来 |
[21:15] | – Could be a while. – I wouldn’t worry about it. | -要好一会呢 – 我可一点不担心 |
[21:19] | Looks like the guest of honor has arrived. | 看起来我们尊贵的客人已经到了 |
[21:47] | Is that for me? | 那个是为我准备的 |
[21:53] | I don’t want to miss a word. | 我一个字都不想漏掉 |
[21:56] | And you are…? | 你是 |
[21:58] | Dr. Jason Bull. | 杰森·布尔博士 |
[21:59] | We’ve actually met a couple times before. | 事实上我们之前见过几次面了 |
[22:01] | I interviewed you shortly after the murder of Officer Sampson, | 桑普森警官被谋杀之后我们有过一次简短的会面 |
[22:05] | and saw you in court during your competency hearing. | 还有就是在你的健康状况听证会上 |
[22:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:10] | I remember seeing you in court. | 我记得在法庭见过你 |
[22:12] | Hmm. But not our earlier encounter? | 但不记得第一次接触 |
[22:18] | I heard you talking about it in court… | 我听你在法庭上讲的… |
[22:20] | You’re really good. | 你确实厉害 |
[22:21] | You never break character, do you? | 你从来都不会跳戏 是吗 |
[22:23] | So this character you’re doing right now… | 那么现在你出演的这个角色 |
[22:25] | she’s, um, pretending to be on her meds? | 她是假装在接受药物治疗吗 |
[22:27] | Is that…? | 是这个 |
[22:28] | Is that the idea? | 是这个剧本吗 |
[22:30] | And the character that I met the other night, | 那天晚上我见到的那个角色 |
[22:33] | um, at the police precinct… | 就在警察分局那里… |
[22:34] | she didn’t have the benefit of her meds because she, | 她没有受到药物控制 因为她 |
[22:37] | presumably, was in the middle of a psychotic break. | 看似是精神分裂的状态 |
[22:39] | Do I have the story right? | 这故事我讲的对吗 |
[22:46] | Let’s see what medications they have you on. | 我们来看看他们都给你吃了什么药 |
[22:49] | Ooh. Ah, that’s a big one. | 这药够厉害的 |
[22:54] | Injections or oral medication? | 注射还是口服的 |
[22:56] | Oh. Oral meds. | 口服药 |
[22:59] | Much easier to avoid. | 很容易就能逃避服药 |
[23:01] | What do you do? | 你是怎么做的 |
[23:02] | Spit ’em out when the orderly turns his back? | 等护工一转身你就吐掉吗 |
[23:05] | Okay. Let’s get started. | 好了 我们开始吧 |
[23:10] | Tell me about Officer Sampson. | 和我说说桑普森警官 |
[23:12] | Who? | 谁 |
[23:14] | The man you shot. | 你朝他开枪的那个人 |
[23:18] | Is that who it was? Was that his name? | 是那个人吗 那就是他的名字 |
[23:20] | According to his widow | 根据他的遗孀 |
[23:22] | and his children | 他的孩子们 |
[23:24] | and the officers | 和其他 |
[23:26] | that he worked with, yes, that was his name. | 曾经和他一同工作的人称 是的 那是他的名字 |
[23:28] | Sorry. I don’t think I can help you with that. | 对不起 我觉得我帮不了你 |
[23:32] | Because you don’t remember anything that happened? | 因为你不记得发生了什么吗 |
[23:36] | What’s the last thing you do remember? | 你能记住的最后一件事是什么 |
[23:40] | I… took a nap late in the afternoon. | 我下午睡了一会 |
[23:45] | Do you remember waking up? | 你记得你醒来了吗 |
[23:46] | Yes. In the hospital… the next morning. | 是的 在医院 第二天早上 |
[23:50] | So that’s… that. | 所以就这些 |
[23:52] | You just don’t remember anything in between. | 这中间发生了什么你都不记得了 |
[23:57] | I guess we don’t have anything to talk about. | 我认为关于这个我们没什么可谈的了 |
[23:59] | Yeah, mm-hmm, I guess not. | 是的 没什么可谈的 |
[24:05] | Okay, well, I just have a few more questions. | 好吧 我就是还有几个问题想问一下 |
[24:08] | Um, you remember what | 你记得你 |
[24:10] | you were wearing when you laid down to take the nap? | 午睡的时候穿的是什么吗 |
[24:14] | Your clothes… what’d you have on? | 你的衣服 你穿的是什么 |
[24:17] | What difference does… it make? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[24:19] | Oh, it makes a huge difference to me. | 对我来说关系可大了 |
[24:21] | Well, feels like it’s a waste of time to me. | 感觉太浪费我的时间了 |
[24:24] | I mean, it’s not like we have all day. | 我是说 我们又不是有一整天的时间 |
[24:27] | Oh, no. We do. | 不 我们有 |
[24:30] | That’s the best part of this. | 这才是最棒的部分 |
[24:31] | We have all the time in the world. | 我们有大把的时间 |
[24:41] | And then I woke up in the hospital. | 然后我在医院醒来 |
[24:43] | And that was the first time | 那是第一次 |
[24:44] | you saw the raincoat and the boots? | 你看到雨衣和靴子 |
[24:47] | Yes, yes and yes. | 是的 是的 是的 |
[24:49] | Just like I told you before. | 就跟之前我告诉你的一样 |
[24:52] | I have no memory of putting them on. | 我不记得我穿过它们 |
[24:54] | I just remember laying down on my bed | 我只记得躺在床上 |
[24:57] | to take a nap | 睡了会 |
[25:00] | and waking up at the hospital. | 然后在医院醒来 |
[25:02] | No memory of loading the gun, hiding it in your coat, | 你不记得给枪上膛 藏在衣服里面 |
[25:05] | being 18 inches from the officer’s face | 在距离警官的脸十八英寸的地方 |
[25:07] | and pulling the trigger, watching his head explode? | 扣动扳机 看着他的头炸开 |
[25:09] | No, no and no. | 不 不 不 |
[25:13] | How many times would you like to hear it? | 你还要听多少遍 |
[25:15] | A few. | 再多几遍吧 |
[25:17] | But give me a second. | 先等我一小会儿 |
[25:19] | I need to change this memory card. | 我要换张记忆卡 |
[25:24] | I don’t know how much longer I can do this. | 我不知道自己还能讲多久 |
[25:26] | – I need a nap. – No, ma’am. | – 我需要睡一会 – 不行 女士 |
[25:28] | You’re dangerous when you take a nap. | 你睡觉的时候太危险了 |
[25:30] | So, the night of the murder, | 所以 案发的那天晚上 |
[25:33] | which hand did you use | 你开枪射杀桑普森警官时 |
[25:34] | to pull the trigger when you shot Officer Sampson? | 是用哪只手扣动扳机的 |
[25:38] | For the 300th time, | 我再说第三百遍 |
[25:40] | I have no memory of shooting Officer Sampson. | 我不记得我朝桑普森警官开枪 |
[25:44] | And why do you think that is? | 你觉得那是怎么回事 |
[25:46] | Why do you think you don’t remember? | 为什么你认为你不记得 |
[25:49] | I have already told you all of this. | 我已经全都告诉你了 |
[25:52] | Like you, I have forgotten. | 像你一样 我忘记了 |
[25:54] | I have no memory of it. | 我一点都不记得了 |
[25:56] | So why don’t you tell me | 为什么你就不能 |
[25:58] | one more time… please? | 再告诉我一遍 |
[26:02] | I was in the middle of a psychotic break, | 我那时处于精神分裂 |
[26:04] | and I never remember anything | 我记不住任何 |
[26:06] | that happens during a psychotic break. | 在那期间发生的事 |
[26:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[26:17] | When you have these psychotic breaks, you hear voices? | 当你处于精神分裂时 你出现了幻听 |
[26:19] | You hear voices, right? | 你出现了幻听 对吗 |
[26:20] | I do. | 是的 |
[26:22] | And on the night of Officer Sampson’s murder, | 就在桑普森警官被杀的那个晚上 |
[26:23] | – do you remember hearing voices? – I do. | – 你记得你听到了声音是吗 – 是的 |
[26:26] | And what were they saying? | 他们在说什么 |
[26:27] | You know, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:29] | Uh, nonsense, gibberish, three blind mice. | 都是些废话 还有三只瞎老鼠 |
[26:33] | Three blind mice? | 三只瞎老鼠 |
[26:37] | You know, you’ve spent the last seven hours telling me | 之前的七小时里你一直告诉我 |
[26:40] | you don’t remember anything about that night. | 你不记得那个晚上的任何事情 |
[26:42] | I mean, now you remember hearing voices | 而现在你却想起来你听到了一些声音 |
[26:45] | and what they were saying? | 并且听到了他们在说什么 |
[26:48] | – Maybe you remember what you were wearing. – I do not. | – 也许你还记得你穿的是什么 – 我不记得了 |
[26:51] | Or which hand was holding the gun | 或者你还记得你是用哪一只手拿着枪 |
[26:53] | – that pulled the trigger. – I do not. | – 并扣动了扳机 – 我不记得了 |
[26:54] | Or why you killed Office Sampson in the first place. | 还是说你记得你最初杀死桑普森警官的原因 |
[26:57] | I do not! | 我不记得了 |
[26:58] | We have a real problem here, Hazel, | 这就很棘手了 黑兹尔 |
[27:01] | because there’s no such thing as having a psychotic break | 因为根本就没有人在精神分裂症发作时 |
[27:03] | and remembering some things | 能记住一部分事情 |
[27:05] | and not remembering other things, hmm? | 却忘记了其他的事情 你说呢 |
[27:07] | Unless, of course, you’re lying. | 除非 你在撒谎 |
[27:11] | Are you a liar, Hazel? | 你在撒谎吗 黑兹尔 |
[27:12] | I’m not a liar! | 我没有 |
[27:14] | I am not lying! | 我没有撒谎 |
[27:15] | – Oh, my goodness. – I am not lying! | – 天啊 – 我没撒谎 |
[27:17] | – I am not lying! – You’re not losing your temper, are you? | – 我没撒谎 – 你是在发脾气吗 |
[27:20] | I am not lying! | 我没撒谎 |
[27:21] | Because that would be almost impossible… | 因为这种情况根本不可能发生… |
[27:23] | – I am not a liar… – given the medication | – 我没撒谎… – 如果你有遵照医嘱 |
[27:24] | you’re supposedly taking. | 好好服药的话 |
[27:25] | – I am not a liar! – Unless you’re not taking it! | – 我没有撒谎 – 除非你根本没有在服药 |
[27:28] | I am not a liar! | 我没有撒谎 |
[27:33] | Well, this has been fascinating. | 好吧 这次对话真是太棒了 |
[27:37] | But you know what they say. | 但是你知道有句话是这样的 |
[27:38] | All good things must come to an end. | 天下无不散之筵席 |
[27:40] | Not to worry. I got what I need. | 别担心 我得到我需要的了 |
[27:45] | I know. | 我理解 |
[27:46] | I feel the same way. I’m gonna miss you, too, | 我跟你的感觉是一样的 我也会想你的 |
[27:49] | but we’ll always have the Bellingham Visitors Lounge. | 我们会常去贝林哈姆精神病院的访客室的 |
[27:52] | Now, treat her nice. | 对她好一点 |
[27:54] | She’s a sweetheart, notwithstanding the whole | 她是个小可爱 尽管她同时还是个 |
[27:56] | cold-blooded killer thing! | 冷血的杀人凶手 |
[28:08] | So, with four years at Trial Analysis Corporation, | 你在庭审分析公司待了四年 |
[28:11] | I’m curious, what possessed you to leave? | 我很好奇 你为什么要从那离职呢 |
[28:13] | I’ve reached out to them a number of times | 我好几次试着联系他们 |
[28:16] | regarding your work history. | 想了解你之前的工作情况 |
[28:18] | No one’s gotten back to me. | 但没有一个人回应 |
[28:21] | Marissa Morgan… was she your direct supervisor? | 玛丽莎·摩根… 她是你的直属主管吗 |
[28:24] | Yes. And a great person to work for. | 是的 她是个很棒的上司 |
[28:26] | And, I mean, I just… | 我是说 我只是… |
[28:31] | I was just at a place where it felt like | 我只是感觉已经走到了 |
[28:33] | I had gone as far as I could go. | 一个瓶颈 |
[28:35] | I’m young | 我还年轻 |
[28:37] | and I wanted to see what else was out there. | 而且我希望能开阔一下自己的眼界 |
[28:39] | And according to this, you’re self-taught. | 从你的简历来看 你是自学成才 |
[28:42] | Which is very impressive. | 这很让人敬佩 |
[28:45] | Yeah, I mean, I’ve always loved computers | 是 我一直都很喜欢计算机 |
[28:48] | and code and-and the Internet, | 还有编程以及互联网 |
[28:51] | and I was just sort of born at the right moment. | 我只是生在了一个好时候 |
[28:54] | Or as I like to say, | 或者我更喜欢这么说 |
[28:55] | we were both sort of born at the right moment. | 我们都生在了一个好时候 |
[28:58] | Terrific. | 非常好 |
[28:59] | Well, this all looks wonderful. I mean, | 一切看上去都很好 |
[29:02] | we have a couple of more hurtles. | 我们还会有几轮面试 |
[29:04] | There are some other people I would need you to meet, | 还需要你见其他面试官 |
[29:06] | but I’m not anticipating it’s anything you can’t handle. | 但我觉得你会应对的很好 |
[29:09] | No problem. Just say the word. | 没问题 听你安排 |
[29:11] | And we’re still waiting on your security clearance history. | 我们还在等你的安全调查结果 |
[29:13] | We outsource that, so it could take a week or so. | 我们让其他公司调查 所以需要一周左右的时间 |
[29:17] | Well, I don’t think there are going to be any surprises there. | 我觉得那不会有什么异常的 |
[29:20] | – Have a great day. – You, too. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[29:26] | And on the night of Officer Sampson’s murder, | 在桑普森警官被杀的那晚 |
[29:28] | – do you remember hearing voices? – I do. | – 你记得你听到了些声音是吗 – 是的 |
[29:30] | And what were they saying? | 他们在说什么 |
[29:31] | You know, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:32] | Uh, nonsense, gibberish, three blind mice. | 都是些胡言乱语 还有三只瞎老鼠 |
[29:35] | Three blind mice? | 三只瞎老鼠 |
[29:37] | You know, you’ve spent the last seven hours telling me | 之前的七小时里你一直告诉我 |
[29:39] | you don’t remember anything about that night. | 你不记得那个晚上的任何事情 |
[29:42] | Well, there you go. | 这非常好 |
[29:45] | I’m not so sure. | 我不太确定 |
[29:47] | W-What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[29:48] | I’m worried the jury looks at that and thinks, | 我担心陪审团看到这个会认为 |
[29:51] | “He bullied her into it. | “他是在严刑逼供 |
[29:53] | Kept her there for hours. | 他长时间的审讯她 |
[29:55] | What’s it really prove?” | 这能证明什么呢” |
[29:56] | Well, it proves she’s not crazy. | 这证明了她并没有疯 |
[29:58] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[30:01] | I’m not sure it’s enough. | 我不太确定这足够定她的罪 |
[30:02] | Well, what is it you want that you don’t have? | 好吧 你还想要什么证据 |
[30:04] | What a great question. | 真是个好问题 |
[30:08] | We don’t have a “Why.” | 我们缺少一个动机 |
[30:10] | The jury’s gonna be inclined to think she’s crazy | 陪审团会倾向于认为她疯了 |
[30:12] | ’cause a random killing is crazy, but a “Why,” | 因为人只有疯了才会随机的杀人 但是动机 |
[30:17] | a “Why” washes all the crazy away. | 一个动机就能解释这疯狂的举动 |
[30:19] | Why did you shoot | 你为什么要射杀 |
[30:20] | Officer Sampson? | 桑普森警官 |
[30:22] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[30:24] | I wouldn’t know him if I fell over him. | 就算我碰到他 我也认不出他 |
[30:28] | Oh, come on. No one’s gonna believe that. | 得了吧 没人会相信的 |
[30:31] | It’s true. | 真的 |
[30:32] | Do you have 600 grand in the…? | 你有六十万美元… |
[30:34] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这样 |
[30:36] | Can’t sneak up on me like that. I’m a middle-aged man | 你不能这样偷偷的接近我 我是个中年男人 |
[30:38] | who’s not taking care of himself. | 一个没法照顾自己的中年男人 |
[30:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:41] | Next time I will call and announce myself. | 下一次我会先打电话告诉你的 |
[30:44] | What was it you asked me? | 你刚刚问我什么 |
[30:46] | Do you have $600,000 in the bank? | 你账户里有六十万吗 |
[30:48] | ‘Cause I sure don’t. | 我肯定是没有 |
[30:50] | Don’t even have a tenth of that. | 甚至连六万都没有 |
[30:51] | Where are you going with this? | 你问这个干什么 |
[30:52] | You’re not gonna ask me for a loan, are you? | 不会是想找我借钱吧 |
[30:54] | Office Sampson has that much. | 桑普森警官就有这么多钱 |
[30:56] | He has over half a million dollars in an offshore account. | 他的离岸账户里有五十多万美元 |
[31:00] | Well, maybe he inherited it. | 也许他继承了一笔遗产 |
[31:02] | Nope. He grew it. | 不 这是他自己攒的 |
[31:04] | For the past ten years, he deposited $5,000 a month, | 在过去的十年间 他每个月存五千美元 |
[31:07] | year in, year out, in cash. | 每年如此 从未间断 而且是现金 |
[31:10] | And you and I both know that no cop in America | 我们都知道在美国没有一个警察 |
[31:12] | makes that much to put away. | 能够挣那么多钱 |
[31:14] | Unless he was getting paid off. | 除非他有其他的收入来源 |
[31:16] | Unless he was getting paid off. | 除非他有其他的收入来源 |
[31:21] | Officer Chambers. | 钱伯斯警官 |
[31:22] | Hey. Dr. Jason Bull. Can I have a minute? | 你好 我是杰森·布尔博士 能占用你一分钟吗 |
[31:25] | You said you’re a doctor? | 你说你是个博士 |
[31:27] | Yes. I’m working with the DA’s office. | 是的 我在和地检署合作 |
[31:29] | I’m on your side, which is to say, | 我是你这边的 也就是说 |
[31:32] | I’m on Officer Sampson’s side. | 我是桑普森警官这边的 |
[31:33] | I just have a few questions. | 我只是有一些问题 |
[31:35] | I’ve already gone over my testimony with ADA Ramsden. | 我已经把我的证词都告诉了助理地检拉姆斯登 |
[31:37] | They’re waiting for me inside. | 他们在里面等我呢 |
[31:39] | I know. Why do you think she did it? | 我知道 你觉得她为什么会杀人 |
[31:41] | You’re his partner. You must have a theory. | 你是他的搭档 你肯定有自己的想法 |
[31:43] | I don’t think it was a big mystery. | 我认为这已经很清楚了 |
[31:45] | He was investigating her | 他在调查她 |
[31:46] | for drug trafficking and racketeering. | 贩毒以及敲诈勒索行为 |
[31:48] | She was doing business on our beat. | 我们巡逻时她正好在交易 |
[31:50] | He was getting close. | 他就快抓到她了 |
[31:51] | The man died a hero. | 他是个英雄 |
[31:53] | All that crap about her being crazy is just that. | 关于她是个疯子的言论都是胡说的 |
[31:55] | Yeah. That’s my theory, too, | 是 我也是这么想的 |
[31:57] | until I found out he had $600,000 in the bank. | 直到我发现他银行账户里有六十万美元 |
[32:01] | Would you rather have heard about that on the stand? | 你是更愿意在证人席听到这个消息吗 |
[32:04] | Let’s have an honest conversation. | 我们开诚布公地谈谈吧 |
[32:06] | Your partner, Sampson, was no detective. | 你的搭档 桑普森 不是一个刑警探员 |
[32:08] | He was a beat cop, just like you. | 他是个出色的警察 跟你一样 |
[32:09] | And I’m sure Hazel was running her business | 我知道黑兹尔当时在做交易 |
[32:12] | right under your noses, just like dozens of other criminals. | 就在你们的眼皮底下 像其他的罪犯一样 |
[32:15] | That’s not why she killed him, and you know it. | 但这不是她杀他的动机 你心里清楚 |
[32:18] | The only way to put this woman away for murder | 唯一能将这个女人以谋杀罪名送进监狱的方式 |
[32:20] | is to prove there was a purpose for the killing. | 就是证明这是一次蓄意谋杀 |
[32:22] | My guess is Officer Sampson was getting paid off | 我猜桑普森警官是收了钱 |
[32:26] | to protect Hazel Diaz’s drug ring. | 来保护黑兹尔·迪亚兹的贩毒团伙的 |
[32:29] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[32:32] | Were you? | 你是不是同伙 |
[32:34] | If you’re really a good cop, if you’re really clean, | 如果你真的是一个好警察 如果你真的是清白的 |
[32:36] | you’ll go in there and tell the truth. | 那你就进去把事实说出来 |
[32:38] | If the jury understands… | 如果陪审团能理解… |
[32:40] | No one’s going to understand. | 没有人会理解的 |
[32:42] | He was a good cop, too. | 他也是个好警察 |
[32:44] | He was trying to say that enough was enough, | 他想说适可而止了 |
[32:46] | that he wasn’t gonna take her money anymore. | 他不想再拿她的钱做事了 |
[32:48] | That’s why she killed him. There. | 这就是她杀他的原因 就是这样 |
[32:51] | – You happy now? – No. | – 你满意了吧 – 不 |
[32:53] | Not until you say it to the jury. | 你要跟陪审团说 |
[32:55] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[32:56] | If you read the papers, Sampson died a hero. | 如果你有看报纸的话 上面说桑普森是个英雄 |
[33:00] | I can’t kill him twice | 我不能再杀死他一次 |
[33:02] | in front of his wife, his kids, or the brotherhood. | 而且是当着他的妻子和孩子的面 或是当着他兄弟的面 |
[33:05] | So you’re gonna lie to protect his honor, | 所以你要为了保护他的荣耀而撒谎 |
[33:07] | but you’re gonna let his killer walk? | 却让真正的凶手逍遥法外 |
[33:09] | It’s ADA Ramsden. | 是助理地检拉姆斯登 |
[33:11] | She’s looking for me. | 她在找我 |
[33:12] | Just to be clear, | 我要说明一下 |
[33:13] | she’s looking for you to tell the truth in there. | 她找你 是想让你进去说出真相 |
[33:19] | Good talking with you. | 与你谈话很愉快 |
[33:31] | How long did your forensic assessment with Hazel Diaz last? | 你对黑兹尔·迪亚兹的取证持续了多长时间 |
[33:34] | Eight hours and 12 minutes. | 八小时十二分钟 |
[33:36] | And during this time, did she say anything | 在这段时间里 她是否说了些什么 |
[33:37] | to cause you to doubt | 让你对医生 |
[33:39] | her doctor’s diagnosis of schizophrenia? | 诊断她为精神分裂症产生了质疑呢 |
[33:41] | As a matter of fact, yes. | 实话实说 是的 |
[33:43] | She insisted it was impossible for her to remember anything | 她坚持称她记不得任何 |
[33:46] | about the night of the murder due to her psychotic break, | 凶案那晚发生的任何事情 因为她精神分裂症发作了 |
[33:49] | but later claimed she remembered hearing voices. | 但之后她又说她记得自己听到了一些声音 |
[33:52] | Unfortunately, both of those things | 很不幸 她所说的这些事情 |
[33:53] | cannot be true. | 都不是真的 |
[33:54] | In fact, they contradict each other. | 实际上 这些说辞是相互矛盾的 |
[33:57] | If it had been a true psychotic break, | 如果她真的是精神分裂症发作 |
[33:59] | she would have had no memory of the event, period. | 那么她根本不会记得这件事 就是这样 |
[34:02] | Was there anything else that caught your attention during the assessment? | 在取证过程中还有其他事情引起了你的注意吗 |
[34:05] | Yes. She got very agitated | 是的 她非常的焦虑不安 |
[34:08] | when I pointed out this contradiction to her. | 尤其是当我指出这些矛盾时 |
[34:10] | And why would that surprise you? | 这为什么会让你觉得意外呢 |
[34:11] | You were, for all intents and purposes, | 你当时 不管是出于什么目的和意图 |
[34:14] | calling her a liar. | 一直说她在撒谎 |
[34:15] | Well, Hazel was supposedly on anti-psychotic medication. | 黑兹尔当时应该在服用抗精神病的药物 |
[34:18] | Though I suspect she was spitting them out | 虽然我怀疑她会在护工看不到的时候 |
[34:21] | when the orderlies weren’t looking, and the reason | 把药吐出来 而我这样说的原因在于 |
[34:23] | I say this is, had she been taking the medication, | 如果她依照医嘱服药了 |
[34:25] | and if the dosage had been adequate, | 而且如果药物剂量是足够的 |
[34:27] | she wouldn’t have been capable of getting that upset. | 她不会这样烦躁的 |
[34:30] | Those drugs are extremely potent and heavy sedatives. | 那些药物是非常有效而能使人镇静的 |
[34:33] | So, to summarize… | 请你总结一下… |
[34:34] | It is my professional opinion | 我的专业意见是 |
[34:36] | that Hazel Diaz has been lying to this court | 黑兹尔·迪亚兹一直在欺骗法庭 |
[34:38] | not only about her mental illness, | 不仅仅是她的精神症状 |
[34:40] | but also about her medical treatment. | 还有她的药物治疗情况 |
[34:43] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[34:49] | Dr. Bull, if I told you that Hazel Diaz | 布尔博士 如果我告诉你黑兹尔·迪亚兹有 |
[34:53] | has a family history of schizophrenia, | 精神分裂症的家族史 |
[34:56] | would that change your assessment of her? | 这是否会改变你对她的评估呢 |
[34:58] | Here we go. | 该来的终于来了 |
[35:00] | I’m aware that Hazel was raised by her aunt | 我知道黑兹尔是由其阿姨抚养长大的 |
[35:02] | because her mother was placed in a mental institution | 因为从她还是婴儿时期起 |
[35:05] | from the time Hazel was an infant. | 她的母亲就住在了精神病医院 |
[35:06] | I’m also aware her mother was diagnosed as schizophrenic. | 我也知道她的母亲被确诊为精神分裂症 |
[35:09] | And doesn’t this make it more likely | 这是否会使得黑兹尔·迪亚兹本人 |
[35:11] | that Hazel Diaz herself | 也患有精神分裂症的 |
[35:13] | would also have schizophrenia? | 可能性更大呢 |
[35:15] | Well, it makes it more likely, | 可能性会更大 |
[35:17] | but it doesn’t change my assessment. | 但这并不会改变我的评估结果 |
[35:18] | Hazel’s mother was diagnosed with schizophrenia at 22. | 黑兹尔的母亲在其二十二岁时被确认为精神分裂症 |
[35:22] | Hazel didn’t seek treatment until she was 39. | 而黑兹尔直到三十九岁才开始接受精神病治疗 |
[35:24] | It’s highly unusual | 患者直到将近四十岁 |
[35:26] | for the first signs of schizophrenia | 才首次表现出 |
[35:27] | to manifest themselves | 精神分裂症状的案例 |
[35:28] | when someone is almost 40 years old. | 是非常少见的 |
[35:31] | “Highly unusual”? | “非常少见” |
[35:33] | Extremely unusual. | 极其少见 |
[35:35] | But not impossible. | 但并不是不可能 |
[35:39] | In late-onset schizophrenia, | 对于晚发型精神分裂症 |
[35:41] | the symptoms manifest themselves in a very different manner. | 其症状表现是非常不一样的 |
[35:44] | So you admit there is such a thing | 所以你承认的确有 |
[35:46] | as late-onset schizophrenia? | 晚发型精神分裂症的存在 |
[35:49] | Yes, but I don’t think that’s what… | 是的 但我并不认为这是… |
[35:51] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. That will be all. | 谢谢 布尔博士 这就够了 |
[35:53] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[35:55] | Your Honor, if I may be heard on redirect? | 法官大人 我方可否再次提问 |
[35:59] | Can you explain | 你可否解释一下 |
[36:01] | how late-onset schizophrenia manifests itself? | 晚发型精神分裂症的表现是怎样的 |
[36:05] | Late-onset schizophrenia presents itself | 晚发型精神分裂症的症状 |
[36:08] | in a much less… aggressive manner. | 攻击性… 更低 |
[36:10] | Late-onset schizophrenics, for example, | 例如 晚发型精神分裂症患者 |
[36:12] | require a lower daily dose of medication, and they do not | 只需每日服用剂量较少的药物 并且他们不会 |
[36:15] | act out in a violent manner towards others. | 以暴力的方式向他人宣泄 |
[36:18] | Does Hazel Diaz exhibit signs of late-onset schizophrenia? | 黑兹尔·迪亚兹是否表现出晚发型精神分裂症的症状 |
[36:22] | She does not. | 她并没有 |
[36:24] | She exhibits signs | 她表现为 |
[36:25] | of someone who is feigning early-onset schizophrenia. | 假装的早发型精神分裂症 |
[36:30] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. | 谢谢 布尔博士 |
[36:35] | Well, I think, uh, | 我想 |
[36:38] | you two did what you set out to do. | 你们俩如常发挥 |
[36:39] | No, not quite a touchdown. | 不 还不算是”触地得分” |
[36:43] | Afraid it’s all up to him now. | 恐怕现在都要看他的了 |
[36:47] | Officer Chambers… | 钱伯斯警官… |
[36:49] | on the night of the murder, you were not in the squad car | 在谋杀案的当晚 你并没有和桑普森警员一起 |
[36:52] | with Officer Sampson, were you? | 坐在警车里 对吗 |
[36:53] | No, I was not. | 没有 我不在 |
[36:55] | Can you tell us why? | 你能告诉我们为什么吗 |
[36:57] | Officer Sampson sent me to get coffee. | 桑普森警官让我去买杯咖啡 |
[36:59] | Did he often send you for coffee? | 他是否经常让你去买咖啡 |
[37:01] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 提问不相关 |
[37:03] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[37:04] | Miss Ramsden, please get to your point. | 拉姆斯登小姐 请入正题 |
[37:06] | Yes, Your Honor. Officer Chambers, | 好的 法官大人 钱伯斯警官 |
[37:09] | do you think that Officer Sampson sent you | 你是否认为桑普森警官让你去买咖啡 |
[37:11] | for coffee because he knew he was about to have a meeting | 是因为他知道他正要和黑兹尔·迪亚兹会面 |
[37:13] | with Hazel Diaz, and he didn’t want | 而他不想把你 |
[37:15] | – to compromise you? – Objection, | – 牵扯进去 – 反对 |
[37:16] | Your Honor, calls for speculation, | 法官大人 引导证人推测 |
[37:18] | and counsel knows it. | 而且检方刻意而为 |
[37:19] | She’s trying to plant completely unsupported inferences | 她正试图向陪审团灌输 |
[37:22] | – with the jury. – Miss Ramsden. | – 毫无根据的猜测 – 拉姆斯登小姐 |
[37:24] | You focus your questions properly, | 请你恰当地提问 |
[37:26] | or I’m gonna have them stricken from the record. | 否则我将会要求从庭审记录中删除你的问题 |
[37:28] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官大人 |
[37:33] | Officer Chambers, did you and your partner | 钱伯斯警官 你和你的搭档是否 |
[37:35] | ever discuss money? | 谈论过金钱问题 |
[37:37] | How do you mean? | 你指什么意思 |
[37:38] | Mm, personal finances. | 比如个人财务问题 |
[37:40] | Yes, of course. From time to time. | 是的 当然 时不时聊起 |
[37:43] | Did he ever share with you | 他有没有告诉过你 |
[37:44] | that he had an offshore account | 他在一个离岸账户中 |
[37:46] | with about $600,000 in it? | 存有约六十万美元 |
[37:53] | I don’t think he ever shared the specific amount. | 我想他没有告诉过我准确的金额 |
[38:00] | I’d like to offer into evidence | 我方提供证据显示 |
[38:02] | the ten years and four months of monthly cash deposits | 该账户在过去的十年零四个月期间 每月均有现金入账 |
[38:05] | equaling $620,000. | 共计六十二万美元 |
[38:11] | Do you have any idea where all of this money | 你是否知道这些钱 |
[38:13] | might have come from, Officer Chambers? | 都是从哪里来的 钱伯斯警官 |
[38:22] | He told me it came from Hazel Diaz. | 他告诉我都是黑兹尔·迪亚兹给他的 |
[38:27] | Hazel Diaz? | 黑兹尔·迪亚兹 |
[38:28] | I don’t believe this. | 真难以置信 |
[38:30] | This Hazel Diaz? | 这位黑兹尔·迪亚兹吗 |
[38:32] | Who claims to not know the victim? | 她自称不认识被害人 |
[38:34] | Who claims to have been in the midst | 她自称在开枪射击时 |
[38:36] | of a psychotic break at the time of the shooting? | 正处于精神分裂之中 |
[38:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:40] | He told me he received $5,000 cash every month | 他告诉我他每个月会收到五千美元现金 |
[38:43] | to do bag drops and provide protection | 帮黑兹尔·迪亚兹运送毒品 |
[38:45] | for Hazel Diaz’s drug business. | 并对她的毒品交易提供保护 |
[38:51] | When Officer Sampson sent you for coffee, | 当桑普森警官让你去买咖啡的时候 |
[38:55] | did you have a sense that something was gonna happen? | 你是否有种预感将会发生什么 |
[38:57] | No. I mean, not really. | 没有 我是说 不全是 |
[38:59] | I mean, I knew that he was probably gonna meet with Hazel, | 我知道他很可能是要和黑兹尔会面 |
[39:02] | but I obviously had no idea that she was gonna kill him. | 但很显然我并不知道她要杀害他 |
[39:04] | And was there anything different about Officer Sampson | 在案发当晚或之前 |
[39:07] | on that specific night or leading up to that night? | 桑普森警官是否有什么不同于平时之处 |
[39:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:12] | Just that he told me that he wished… | 他告诉我他希望… |
[39:16] | that he could put a stop to it. | 他能停止这一切 |
[39:18] | He felt like he was too deep in, | 他感觉他深陷其中 |
[39:19] | and he didn’t know how to get out. | 他不知道要如何脱身 |
[39:21] | He was worried that his family would find out. | 他很担心他的家人会发现 |
[39:24] | His boys and his wife. | 他的孩子们和他的妻子 |
[39:28] | He was even contemplating | 他甚至正考虑要告发被告 |
[39:29] | turning in the accused, which would mean turning himself in. | 也就意味着他要自首 |
[39:34] | You know, good people make mistakes. | 好人也会犯错误 |
[39:37] | He was a good person… | 他是个好人… |
[39:40] | just trying to undo a mistake. | 正试图纠正自己的错误 |
[39:42] | Thank you, Officer Chambers. | 谢谢你 钱伯斯警官 |
[39:46] | They’re coming for me! | 他们冲我来了 |
[39:49] | They’re all lying, | 他们在撒谎 |
[39:50] | and they’re coming for me! | 他们是冲我来的 |
[39:53] | Make them go away! | 让他们离我远点 |
[39:54] | Tell them to go away! | 告诉他们滚开 |
[39:56] | – No! No! I told them I didn’t do it! – Call the paramedics. | – 不要 不要 我告诉他们了那不是我干的 – 快叫医护人员 |
[39:58] | Clear the jury. | 让陪审团离场 |
[39:59] | That I was with you! | 我当时正和你在一起 |
[40:01] | – I’ll see if I can find the paramedics. – Officer. | – 我去叫医护人员 – 法警 |
[40:03] | Clear the jury. | 让陪审团离场 |
[40:03] | Get off me! | 放开我 |
[40:05] | – They don’t believe me! – If the jury will please | – 他们不相信我 – 请陪审团 |
[40:09] | make their way back to the jury room. | 回到陪审室 |
[40:12] | I told them I was with you. | 我告诉他们我和你在一起 |
[40:15] | I told them I was with all of you. | 我告诉他们我和你们都在一起 |
[40:16] | – I got her. – You know I didn’t | – 我抓住她了 – 你知道那不是我干的 |
[40:18] | because I wouldn’t do anything | 因为我不会 |
[40:19] | – like that. – Just hold her still. | – 做那样的事情 – 抓住她不要动 |
[40:20] | – Get her a Zophramine shot. – They’re lying. | – 给她打一针Zophramine – 他们在撒谎 |
[40:21] | It’s the only thing that’s gonna sedate her. | 只有这样才能让她镇静下来 |
[40:23] | No, no, no, you have to take her to the hospital first. | 不不不 你们先得送她去医院 |
[40:25] | With all due respect, she is clearly | 恕我直言 她现在对她自己和他人 |
[40:26] | – a danger to herself and others. – I know. I know. | – 都很危险 – 我知道 我知道 |
[40:28] | – No. – Look at her. | – 不 – 你看看她 |
[40:29] | I promise you, this will calm her down. | 我保证 这一针能让她镇静下来 |
[40:32] | Of course, if she isn’t really sick, | 当然 如果她不是真的精神病 |
[40:33] | it will almost certainly bring on seizures. | 这一针几乎肯定会引发癫痫 |
[40:40] | No! | 不要 |
[40:42] | No. No. | 不 不 |
[40:44] | No. | 不要 |
[40:46] | Get off me. | 放开我 |
[40:50] | I’m fine. | 我没事了 |
[40:53] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[40:59] | Ms. Ramsden, Dr. Bull. | 拉姆斯登小姐 布尔博士 |
[41:01] | My client was wondering if there were any way | 我的委托人想知道她 |
[41:03] | she could speak with you both. | 能否和你们谈一谈 |
[41:06] | Why are we here? | 叫我们来做什么 |
[41:07] | Hazel is interested | 黑兹尔想谈一谈 |
[41:09] | in a plea deal. | 认罪协议 |
[41:10] | – But we’re not. – She is offering | – 但我们不想 – 她提出 |
[41:12] | 20 years in a mental institution of her choosing, | 愿意接受在她所选的精神病医院中住院二十年 |
[41:15] | and in return, | 作为交换 |
[41:16] | she will give information | 她愿意提供有关 |
[41:17] | on the top three drug cartel leaders in New York. | 纽约三大贩毒集团首领的信息 |
[41:26] | Can you give us a minute? | 可以稍等一下吗 |
[41:33] | I’m sure I’m telling you what you already know, | 我肯定你已经知道我想说什么 |
[41:35] | but take this to a verdict. | 但请交由法庭裁决 |
[41:36] | You have her, and she knows it. | 你已经赢了 她自己也知道 |
[41:38] | Otherwise, she wouldn’t be offering a plea deal. | 否则她不会提出认罪协议的 |
[41:40] | And what’s in it for me? | 这对我有什么好处 |
[41:42] | Another breakfast. | 再请你一顿早餐 |
[41:54] | We the jury find the defendant, | 陪审团裁定本案被告 |
[41:56] | Hazel Diaz… | 黑兹尔·迪亚兹… |
[41:59] | guilty of murder in the first degree. | 一级谋杀罪罪名成立 |
[42:01] | Oh! Yes! | 太好了 |
[42:21] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[42:23] | Hey. I’ve been waiting for you, counselor. | 我在等你呢 律师大人 |
[42:26] | Congratulations on your victory. | 祝贺你本案胜诉 |
[42:28] | Thanks. Couldn’t have done it without you. | 谢谢 如果没有你 我也赢不了 |
[42:30] | Well, my pleasure. There’s no one | 很高兴我能帮上忙 在整个地检署之中 |
[42:33] | in the district attorney’s office | 没有谁能让我愿意为他 |
[42:34] | I’d rather get up in the middle of the night for. | 在深夜里爬起来了 |
[42:37] | How long you been waiting to say that? | 你为了说这句话等我多久了 |
[42:39] | Uh, awhile. | 一会儿吧 |
[42:41] | You know, you come up with these things in your head, | 脑子里已经想好了这些对白 |
[42:43] | and then it’s just a matter of timing. | 然后就只是时间问题了 |
[42:45] | Patience. Waiting for the perfect moment. | 耐心 等待着最佳时机 |
[42:50] | Don’t I owe you breakfast? | 我不是还欠你一顿早餐吗 |
[42:51] | You’ve been waiting to say that, too, huh? | 你也等着说这句话呢 对吧 |
[42:54] | Guilty. | 我认罪 |
[42:55] | Can I buy you dinner? | 我能请你吃晚餐吗 |
[42:59] | Okay, that one was spontaneous, I swear. | 好吧 这句话可是没有提前计划的 我发誓 |
[43:01] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[43:03] | – So that’s a no? – No. | – 那你是要拒绝我吗 – 不 |
[43:05] | Is that a yes? | 那就是答应我了 |
[43:07] | – Yes. – How long you been waiting to do that? | – 是的 – 你等了多久才答应我啊 |