时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Our work and our lives | 我们的工作和生活 |
[00:05] | are based on certain fundamental assumptions. | 都是基于几个基本的假设而存在 |
[00:08] | Gravity holds us to the ground. | 比如 重力将我们吸引在地面上 |
[00:12] | Water is wet. | 水是湿的 |
[00:15] | No two human bite marks are exactly the same. | 每个人的咬痕都与众不同 |
[00:24] | Derrick! | 德里克 |
[00:26] | Congratulations. Seriously, man. | 祝贺你 真心祝贺 |
[00:27] | Congrats. | 恭喜 |
[00:32] | We’re all gonna be working for you someday. | 我们以后都得给你打工啊 |
[00:34] | All right, hold on. | 好了 等一下 |
[00:37] | You’re gonna need something to wash this down with. | 把这个一起喝下去 |
[00:41] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[00:43] | Don’t worry about it, man. | 别担心 兄弟 |
[00:44] | Make you feel good, mess you up a little bit. | 这个能让你飘飘欲仙 |
[00:46] | – Nah, nah, nah… – No, dude, my dentist gave it to me. | – 算了算了… – 没事 哥们 这是我的牙医开给我的 |
[00:48] | The worst it’s gonna do is make your teeth a bit whiter. | 最糟糕也只是让你的牙齿变白而已 |
[00:51] | Come on, we’re all doing it. | 来吧 我们都试试这个 |
[00:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:01] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[01:05] | I just spotted my future wife. | 我一眼看到了我未来的妻子 |
[01:07] | Go get her, man. | 去搞定她 兄弟 |
[01:09] | Just walk up there, pretend you want to order a drink. | 走过去 假装要点杯酒 |
[01:11] | What do you have to lose? | 又不会有什么损失 |
[01:13] | Come on, man. | 加油 兄弟 |
[01:14] | All right, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[01:16] | Geez, get off me. | 天呐 别推我了 |
[01:19] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[01:20] | All right. | 好了 |
[01:21] | – Have a good night, man. – You, too, my man. | – 晚安 兄弟 – 你也是 |
[01:24] | – We’re free agents. Be good. – Hey, thanks, man. Thank you. | – 单身自由 享受生活吧 – 谢谢 哥们 谢谢 |
[01:26] | – Pleasure to meet you. – Hey, congratulations. Good luck. | – 很高兴认识你 – 再次祝贺 好运啊 |
[01:28] | – Thank you, thank you. – Yeah, yeah. | – 谢谢 谢谢 – 好了 好了 |
[01:30] | Take care. Oh, all right. | 一路小心 回头见 |
[01:33] | Oh, man. | 我的天呐 |
[01:37] | Oh, wow. It’s almost 2:00 in the morning. | 马上就要凌晨两点了 |
[01:40] | Need me to hail you a cab or something? | 要不要我帮你叫辆出租车 |
[01:42] | Oh, I just live on the next block. | 我就住在下一个街区 |
[01:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:45] | Well, um, could I walk you? | 我能陪你走过去吗 |
[01:48] | It’s a free country. | 这是个自由的国度 |
[01:52] | Listen, I like you, but… | 听我说 我喜欢你 但… |
[01:55] | but I don’t know you. | 但我还不了解你 |
[01:57] | So I think I should just go home, alone. | 所以我还是自己回家吧 |
[02:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:03] | Well, um, can I call you? | 那我以后可以给你打电话吗 |
[02:20] | You marked me. | 你给我打上了记号 |
[02:23] | Does that mean I’m your property, now? | 这是不是就意味着我是你的了 |
[02:24] | Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. | 现在说这个还太早了 |
[02:26] | Just give me a call. | 先试着给我打电话吧 |
[03:00] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:03] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[03:07] | Oh, and congrats on your promotion. | 对了 恭喜你升职了 |
[03:10] | Thanks, Miss 212-555-0161. | 谢谢 212-555-0161女士 |
[03:20] | I know, right? I can’t believe it, either. | 我知道 我也不敢相信 |
[03:22] | I’m convinced I’m gonna get a call from upstairs saying that | 我以为我马上就会接到老板的一通电话 |
[03:24] | – it was all just a big mistake. – Way to go, man. Congrats. | – 告诉我摆了个大乌龙 – 加油 兄弟 恭喜了 |
[03:27] | I’ve actually been demoted. | 其实是要降我的职 |
[03:28] | You’ll make it to where I am one day. | 总有一天你也能坐上我这个位置的 |
[03:31] | Uh, hey, Grayden, let me call you back, all right? | 葛雷登 我回头再打给你 好吗 |
[03:34] | Good morning. | 上午好 |
[03:36] | Mr. Graham? | 格拉哈姆先生 |
[03:38] | I’m Detective Bradley, this is Detective Rue, NYPD. | 我是布兰得利警探 这是鲁警探 我们是纽约警察局的 |
[03:41] | Hi. Can I help you? | 你好 有什么事吗 |
[03:44] | Well, um, I was hoping I could ask you a few questions, | 我想问你几个问题 |
[03:48] | about Ashley Richardson. | 是关于艾希莉·理查森的 |
[03:50] | Ashley? | 艾希莉 |
[03:54] | Mr. Graham. Can I get you anything? | 格拉哈姆先生 你还需要些什么吗 |
[03:57] | No, thanks, I’m okay. | 不 谢谢 不用了 |
[03:58] | I, uh, I’d just love to get to it. | 我就想尽快搞清楚是怎么回事 |
[04:01] | Got a promotion yesterday. | 我昨天刚刚升职 |
[04:02] | A new job, and today’s my first day, so, uh, | 新职位 今天是我上任第一天 |
[04:05] | feels kind of weird not being in the office. | 第一天就不在办公室的话 感觉怪怪的 |
[04:08] | Uh, how’s Ashley? | 艾希莉怎么了 |
[04:10] | Uh, is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[04:12] | I-I don’t know her. I-I mean, I… I just met her last night. | 我不太了解她 我是说… 我昨晚才认识她 |
[04:15] | She gave me her number, I… | 她给我留了电话号码 我… |
[04:16] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[04:18] | Well, for the record, Mr. Graham, | 先声明一下 格拉哈姆先生 |
[04:20] | we’re being recorded. | 整个过程会被录下来 |
[04:21] | And I want to just make sure it’s clear | 并且我想再次重申 |
[04:23] | you’re here of your own volition, right? | 你是自愿来此接受询问的 |
[04:25] | You understand that you’re free to leave at any time. | 你也明白你随时可以要求离开 |
[04:27] | No, I get that. And I want to help. I just… | 我明白 我愿意帮忙 我只是… |
[04:29] | I kind of need to know what’s going on. | 我要先知道发生了什么 |
[04:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:36] | So, last night was the first time ever | 昨晚是你第一次 |
[04:41] | you saw Ashley Richardson, right? | 遇见艾希莉·理查森 是吗 |
[04:45] | She’s dead, Mr. Graham. | 她死了 格拉哈姆先生 |
[04:49] | Her body was found in the park this morning. | 今早有人在公园里发现了她的尸体 |
[04:52] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[04:54] | She’d been beaten, raped, | 她曾遭到殴打 强暴 |
[04:56] | bitten on the neck, strangled to death. | 脖子有咬痕 而后被勒死 |
[05:01] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[05:03] | Oh, man, I… | 天呐 我… |
[05:06] | That’s horrible, that’s… | 太恐怖了… |
[05:10] | Now, we have security video that shows you and Ashley | 而我们掌握的监控录像显示 其余人离开后 |
[05:13] | outside the bar after everyone else left. | 你和艾希莉在酒吧外单独在一起 |
[05:15] | Nobody else is on the tape. | 录像中没有别人了 |
[05:18] | You two were the only ones out there. | 当时就只有你们两人在场 |
[05:24] | So you were drunk and high. | 你当时喝醉了 还磕了药 |
[05:26] | Yes, sir. | 是的 警官 |
[05:27] | And you wanted to have sex with this girl. Right? | 而且你想和这个女孩发生关系 对不对 |
[05:31] | I mean, I wanted to see her again, | 我是想再次见到她的 |
[05:33] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是这个意思的话… |
[05:35] | I’m starting to think maybe I should leave. | 我觉得我是不是应该离开了 |
[05:37] | I’m starting to think | 我觉得我应该 |
[05:38] | that I need to come back with an attorney. | 带上我的律师再过来 |
[05:40] | Well, you’re c-certainly free to do that. | 你当然有权利要求离开 |
[05:43] | Uh, look, you’ve been nothing but cooperative. If… | 你已经非常配合了 如果… |
[05:45] | It’s just, you know, it’s just these… these questions. | 但你知道吗 我受不了这些问题 |
[05:47] | I-I just think that you might want | 我认为你应该冷静地想一想 |
[05:48] | to take a second and think about how that would look. | 如果你就这样离开的话 警方会怎么想 |
[05:50] | I mean, if you have nothing to hide. | 我是说 如果你没什么可隐瞒的话 |
[05:53] | I don’t. | 我没有 |
[05:54] | Again, totally up to you. | 当然 这都要看你的决定 |
[05:56] | But I do think you want to give some consideration | 但是我建议你考虑清楚再决定 |
[05:59] | as to the appearance that that would create. | 毕竟现在就离开对你影响不好 |
[06:07] | I’ve been here for what, like, five hours? | 我已经在这里坐了差不多五个小时了 |
[06:10] | I haven’t been keeping track of time. | 我一直都没留意几点钟了 |
[06:12] | But yeah, we’ve been here a while. | 但是没错 我们已经谈了好一会儿了 |
[06:15] | And like I said, I think you’ve been nothing but cooperative. | 而且正如我所说 你一直都很配合 |
[06:18] | Do you think we’re close to being done? | 我们的谈话是不是快要结束了 |
[06:20] | I do. | 是的 |
[06:21] | You got to tell me the truth, Derrick. You’re in it, kid. | 你得坦白交代 德里克 你摊上事儿了 小子 |
[06:24] | All that booze and the drugs. | 喝了那么多酒 还磕了药 |
[06:26] | I mean, your memory’s pretty spotty. | 你的记忆肯定会断断续续的 |
[06:29] | You ever blacked out before, Derrick? | 你曾经喝断片过吗 德里克 |
[06:31] | I-I don’t know. I’ve… | 我不知道 我… |
[06:33] | – I-I don’t think so. – Come on. | – 我觉得没有 – 说实话吧 |
[06:35] | Maybe once, in college. Maybe twice. | 可能有过一两次 上大学的时候 |
[06:38] | So it’s possible. | 所以这也是有可能的 |
[06:40] | – You could’ve blacked out. – I don’t know. | – 你可能喝断片了 – 我不知道 |
[06:41] | I feel like I remember everything that happened. | 我觉得我记得发生的一切 |
[06:43] | Okay, here’s the thing, Derrick. | 好了 是这样的 德里克 |
[06:46] | Ashley lived for a couple of hours | 艾希莉在公园里被发现的时候 |
[06:49] | after she was found in the park. | 她还活着 几小时后才死的 |
[06:50] | I spoke to her. | 我询问了她 |
[06:52] | And she identified you as her attacker. | 她指认你就是袭击者 |
[06:58] | Ashley said I did it? | 艾希莉说是我吗 |
[07:00] | Have no reason to lie, would she? | 她也没理由要撒谎 对不对 |
[07:02] | No, but, I mean, uh… | 没有 但是 我… |
[07:04] | She was intubated, so she couldn’t actually speak. | 她当时已经被插管抢救了 所以她没办法说话 |
[07:06] | But I asked her to write down | 但是我让她写下了 |
[07:07] | the name of the guy who did this to her. | 袭击者的名字 |
[07:09] | You want to see what she wrote? | 你想看看她写了什么吗 |
[07:10] | Yeah, sure, of course. | 想 当然想 |
[07:18] | This is Ashley’s handwriting. | 这是艾希莉亲手写的 |
[07:22] | I mean, I don’t know, Derrick. | 我也不懂 德里克 |
[07:25] | Maybe you hurt her without meaning to. | 也许你并非故意要伤害她 |
[07:27] | I’m just saying it could’ve been an accident. | 我是说这也许是场意外 |
[07:31] | Here’s the proof. | 这就是证据 |
[07:36] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[07:38] | Then, one night, you can’t sleep. | 后来 某天晚上 你睡不着 |
[07:40] | You start digging through professional journals | 你开始翻阅那些你一直 |
[07:43] | you’ve been meaning to read, and… | 想看的专业期刊 然后… |
[07:44] | and there it is. | 然后你注意到 |
[07:47] | Courts all over the country | 全国的法庭正逐步 |
[07:49] | are starting to reject bite mark evidence. | 开始否认咬痕可作为证据 |
[07:53] | The legal community, | 整个法律界 |
[07:55] | courts, lawyers, law enforcement, | 法庭 律师 执法机构 |
[07:58] | a lot of them no longer believe there’s anything to it. | 大多数人都不再相信咬痕能够成为证据了 |
[08:02] | And that matters because…? | 这事之所以重要是因为… |
[08:04] | Derrick Graham. | 德里克 格拉哈姆 |
[08:09] | When I went into the trial science business, | 我刚入庭审科学这一行的时候 |
[08:11] | one of the first trials I was involved with | 初期介入的一场庭审 |
[08:15] | was a murder trial. | 就是谋杀案的庭审 |
[08:16] | A, uh, young investment banker was accused | 一个年轻的投资银行家被指控 |
[08:19] | of raping and killing a young woman one night in a park. | 某晚在公园里奸杀了一个年轻的姑娘 |
[08:23] | Downtown Manhattan. | 就在曼哈顿市区 |
[08:25] | The Wall Street Slayer. | 就是”华尔街屠杀者”一案 |
[08:27] | Well, obviously you did your job; guy’s in prison. | 显然你已经尽到了你的责任 把那家伙关进了监狱 |
[08:30] | No. | 不是的 |
[08:32] | I lost. | 我败诉了 |
[08:35] | I was working for the defense. | 我当时是代表被告方的 |
[08:37] | And I believed with all my heart | 我当时真心相信 |
[08:38] | that he was innocent; I still do. | 他是无辜的 我现在也仍然相信 |
[08:39] | Where are we going with this? | 我们为什么要讨论这事 |
[08:41] | The D.A. had three key pieces of evidence. | 当时区检提出了三点核心证据 |
[08:44] | First, DNA evidence. | 第一点是DNA证据 |
[08:46] | My client’s DNA was found on the victim. | 在被害人身上发现了我的委托人的DNA |
[08:48] | And he admitted that was because he was kissing her | 而他承认那是因为 |
[08:50] | earlier in the evening. | 当晚他亲吻了她 |
[08:52] | Oh, wait a second. I remember this case. | 等一下 我想起这个案子了 |
[08:55] | Didn’t he confess? | 他不是招供了吗 |
[08:56] | A coerced confession, yes. | 是的 强迫供述 |
[08:59] | A false confession. | 虚假供述 |
[09:01] | And that’s piece number two. | 这也就是第二点证据 |
[09:03] | The detectives lied to the suspect, | 警探欺骗了嫌疑人 |
[09:04] | something they’re allowed to do in New York state, | 在纽约他们是可以这样做的 |
[09:06] | and I think we did a pretty good job of making that clear | 我们也很清楚的向陪审团 |
[09:09] | to the jury. | 表明了 |
[09:11] | But then there was bite mark evidence. | 但是还有一个咬痕的证据 |
[09:14] | Which is now starting to be considered bogus. | 而这一类证据现在是被视作伪证的 |
[09:16] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[09:18] | Okay, you got me on two out of three. | 好吧 我有点迷茫 |
[09:19] | But an Ivy-educated investment banker confessed to a murder | 但一个常春藤学校出身的投资银行家会承认 |
[09:23] | he did not commit? | 他没犯下的谋杀罪 |
[09:25] | They lied to him. | 他们欺骗了他 |
[09:27] | They told him the victim had identified him | 他们告诉他 被害人在医院 |
[09:29] | just before she succumbed in the hospital. | 死去前已经指证了他 |
[09:31] | My client was in shock, he was upset | 我当事人非常震惊 非常沮丧 |
[09:34] | and confused. | 也非常疑惑 |
[09:36] | I’m telling you, this man is innocent. | 我告诉你们 这个人是清白的 |
[09:54] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[09:56] | Been a while. | 好久不见 |
[09:59] | You think so? | 是吗 |
[10:04] | This is gonna sound hollow, but I have wanted to visit. | 虽然听起来有点虚伪 但我有想过来探视的 |
[10:08] | Oh, I know. | 我知道 |
[10:10] | I got your messages from way back when. | 我很早就收到你的信息 |
[10:12] | I just… couldn’t. | 但我… 做不到 |
[10:16] | You, my friends, my parents, | 你 我的朋友们 我父母 |
[10:19] | even my sister. | 就连我亲姐姐 |
[10:22] | Haven’t seen a one of them. | 我都没有见过 |
[10:25] | I just kept saying no, and they stopped asking. | 我一直拒绝 直到他们不再问起 |
[10:29] | Well, thank you for saying yes this one time, | 多谢你这次同意了 |
[10:31] | and let me tell you why I’m here. | 让我告诉你 我为何而来 |
[10:33] | Bite mark evidence is no longer | 咬痕证据不再是 |
[10:35] | anyone’s gold standard for anything. | 铁证了 |
[10:37] | More and more courts are refusing to recognize it. | 越来越多的法庭拒绝承认咬痕作为证据 |
[10:45] | I’d like to file a motion to vacate the guilty verdict. | 我想提出动议 撤销你的有罪裁决 |
[10:48] | See if we can’t get you a new trial. | 看能不能再开庭审判 |
[10:50] | I’d like to fix this for you, Derrick. I’d… | 我想还你清白 德里克 我想 |
[10:53] | I’d like to get you your life back. | 我想把你的人生还给你 |
[10:56] | Can I have your permission? | 你同意我这么做吗 |
[10:58] | Sure. What do I care? | 好啊 我无所谓 |
[11:04] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[11:08] | All of this, you… | 这一切 你… |
[11:12] | everything that happened after that night… | 还有那晚之后发生的所有事… |
[11:15] | it’s all just a dream, man. | 就像是一场梦 |
[11:18] | And I’m really just asleep. | 而我就像在梦中 |
[11:22] | Either that or I’m dead, and this is death. | 或者我已经死了 这就是死亡的感觉 |
[11:27] | Either way… | 不管怎样… |
[11:31] | whatever you do is fine. | 你做什么都没关系 |
[11:54] | Hey, Anna. It’s Uncle Chunk. | 喂 安娜 是查克叔叔 |
[11:57] | Your dad. | 你爸爸 |
[12:01] | This is, like, the sixth time that I’ve called. | 这是我第六次打来了 |
[12:03] | And your mom sent me an e-mail, so I know you’re coming | 你妈给我发邮件了 我知道两周后你要过来 |
[12:06] | in two weeks so we can go tour NYU. | 我们可以一起去参观纽约大学 |
[12:09] | It’s just feeling a little strange on my end that… | 只是我自己觉得有点怪 |
[12:13] | we haven’t actually had a conversation | 因为我们自感恩节后就 |
[12:15] | since Thanksgiving. | 没说过话了 |
[12:19] | That you don’t or won’t return my phone calls, | 你既不回也不会回我电话 |
[12:22] | not even at Christmas. | 就连圣诞节也是 |
[12:26] | So, please, just, I’m asking, just call me back. | 所以 我请求你 给我回电话吧 |
[12:31] | Doesn’t matter what time of day; my phone’s always on. | 几点都没关系 我电话一直开着 |
[12:34] | Just… please. | 拜托了 |
[13:10] | It’s a shame, the way you mess around with your man | # 羞愧难当 你竟这般和男孩厮混 # |
[13:14] | It’s a shame, the way you hurt me. | # 羞愧难当 你竟这般让我痛心 # |
[13:20] | It’s a shame, the way you mess around with your man. | # 羞愧难当 你竟这般和男孩厮混 # |
[13:24] | I’m sitting all alone. | # 而我依然独自一人 # |
[13:27] | 着陆后发信息给我 | |
[13:27] | By the telephone. | # 守在电话旁 # |
[13:29] | Waiting for your call. | # 等候你的来电 # |
[13:31] | When you don’t call me at all. | # 而你却从不回电 # |
[13:34] | Why do you use me? | # 为何你要利用我 # |
[13:36] | Try to confuse me? | # 难道是要让我困惑 # |
[13:38] | How can you stand to be so cruel? | # 你怎能这般无情 # |
[13:43] | Why don’t you free me from? | # 为何你不放我自由 # |
[13:46] | Oh, this prison | # 如同牢笼 # |
[13:48] | Where I serve my time, oh, as your fool | # 我像个傻瓜 献出所有时光 # |
[13:52] | Oh, it’s a shame, the way you mess around with your man | # 羞愧难当 你竟这般和男孩厮混 # |
[13:58] | The way you hurt me, yeah? | # 你竟这般让我痛心 # |
[14:03] | Oh, it’s a shame, the way you mess around with your man. | # 羞愧难当 你竟这般和男孩厮混 # |
[14:08] | You’re my baby girl. | # 你是我的掌上明珠 # |
[14:10] | You’re my whole wide world. | # 你是我的整个世界 # |
[14:12] | And I must complain | # 如要抱怨 # |
[14:14] | I just can’t be confined, looking back in time. | # 我只是无法被拒之门外 回望过去 # |
[14:17] | Oh, it’s a shame. | # 羞愧难当 # |
[14:23] | Hello, Anna? | 喂 安娜吗 |
[14:25] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[14:26] | You’ve just won a Florida cruise! | 你赢得了佛罗里达州邮轮游 |
[14:30] | Ugh, man, nine years is a long time. | 九年可是好久之前了 |
[14:34] | Some of this stuff’s pretty funky. | 有些闻起来都有怪味了 |
[14:36] | Tell me about it. What do you think this is? | 可不是吗 你觉得这是什么 |
[14:42] | Well, those holes are where the police lab | 这些洞是警方那边的实验室 |
[14:44] | cut out pieces for testing. | 剪出来用于化验的 |
[14:45] | The only DNA that they recovered was Ashley’s. | 他们在上面只发现了艾希莉的DNA |
[14:48] | Well, it’s been nine years. | 都过了九年了 |
[14:49] | Technology has improved since then. | 技术比那时要先进得多 |
[14:51] | Might be worth giving it another go. | 或许可以再验一次 |
[14:54] | Yes, of course I remember Derrick. | 我当然记得德里克了 |
[14:56] | He, uh, showed a lot of promise. | 前途一片光明 |
[14:58] | He was on the partnership track. | 他正朝着合伙人的方向发展 |
[15:00] | Do you remember his coworker, Matt Williams? | 你记得他的同事马特·威廉吗 |
[15:05] | Sure. | 当然 |
[15:07] | Uh, Matt got indicted a few years back. | 马特几年前被起诉了 |
[15:10] | Insider trading. | 内幕交易 |
[15:12] | Uh, what about Josh O’Connor? | 那乔希·奥·康纳呢 |
[15:14] | Ah, finally. Easy question. | 终于 简单的问题 |
[15:17] | He’s about six floors up. | 他的办公室比我们高六层楼 |
[15:18] | Got a big grin and a big bank account. | 人生得意 金钵满盆 |
[15:22] | Wow. I certainly didn’t see this coming | 我今早醒来的时候 |
[15:25] | when I woke up this morning. | 万万想不到你会来找我 |
[15:26] | So, what would I have to do? | 那我要做什么呢 |
[15:28] | Well, there’s no doubt in my mind | 我很肯定 |
[15:29] | the prosecution’s gonna want to subpoena you. | 检方会传讯你 |
[15:31] | They’re gonna want you to set the scene. | 他们会让你重述当时的情景 |
[15:33] | Place Derrick and Ashley together at the bar, | 设想德里克和艾希莉一起在酒吧里 |
[15:37] | talk about the drinking, the hydrocodone. | 还要说说喝酒和氢可酮的事 |
[15:40] | Not my finest hour. | 真麻烦 |
[15:43] | Well, then, when we cross-examine, | 当我向你进行交叉询问时 |
[15:45] | I’m gonna want you to paint a fuller picture of your friend. | 我想要你更加全面描述你的朋友 |
[15:48] | His demeanor, his character. | 他的行为举止 性格特点 |
[15:52] | I have yet to meet anyone who knew this man | 我尚未遇到哪个认识他的人 |
[15:54] | who believed he was capable of this kind of savagery. | 会相信他能做出如此暴行的 |
[15:57] | Oh, it’s true, it’s true. | 没错 没错 |
[15:59] | Derrick was always a perfect gentleman. | 德里克完全是个绅士 |
[16:00] | He was the kind of guy that would ask permission | 他是那种连接吻都会先征询 |
[16:02] | before he’d kiss a girl. | 对方意见的人 |
[16:05] | So, I can count on you? | 那就包在你身上了 |
[16:06] | Maybe come into my office for a couple of hours, | 要不来我办公室来待几小时 |
[16:09] | do a little witness prep? | 为作证做一下准备吧 |
[16:11] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[16:12] | But what’s gonna be different about this trial? | 但这次的审判会不一样吗 |
[16:14] | They got a new suspect or something? | 有新的嫌疑人了吗 |
[16:16] | No, but bite mark evidence | 没有 但是咬痕的证据 |
[16:18] | is starting to be recognized for the junk science | 已逐渐被视为无用的证据 |
[16:21] | it’s always been, and I’m hoping | 我希望这让我们 |
[16:23] | that gives us a shot at a second trial. | 在法庭上有机会能赢 |
[16:25] | Same judge? | 同一个法官 |
[16:27] | Same prosecutor, same everybody. | 同一个检方 都一样 |
[16:29] | Except for the jury. | 除了陪审团 |
[16:33] | Kind of big, don’t you think? | 有点大了啊 你觉得吗 |
[16:35] | It’s intentional; trying to make you look smaller. | 是故意的 想让你看起来更小只 |
[16:38] | You mean less threatening. | 你是说看上去威胁性小一点 |
[16:43] | Been a while since I needed one of these. | 好久不需要打领带了 |
[16:46] | Can’t even imagine what it’s like | 难以想象每天醒来 |
[16:48] | to wake up every day and realize | 发现自己 |
[16:50] | that you’re in prison for something you did not do. | 含冤入狱是什么感觉 |
[16:53] | It’s actually kind of reassuring to hear you say that. | 听你这么说我反倒有点安慰 |
[16:57] | There are days I forget. | 有一段日子我忘记自己在坐牢了 |
[16:58] | Days I convince myself prison is where I belong. | 也有一段日子我告诉自己我就应该待在牢里 |
[17:02] | Has to be. | 只能如此 |
[17:04] | Otherwise… | 不然的话 |
[17:06] | why am I there? | 我又怎么会被判刑呢 |
[17:08] | What about a support system? | 那些支持你的人呢 |
[17:10] | Friends? Family? | 朋友呢 家人呢 |
[17:11] | Not really. | 没有 |
[17:13] | Well, there must be someone. | 肯定有的 |
[17:15] | Didn’t I hear you have a sister? | 我听说你有个姐姐 |
[17:16] | When’s the last time you spoke to her? | 你上一次跟她讲话是什么时候 |
[17:18] | I haven’t seen or spoken to anyone from before | 从我入狱后 我就没见过任何人 |
[17:20] | since they locked me up. | 也没和任何人说过话 |
[17:22] | Just better for me. | 这对我来说这样更好 |
[17:24] | Better for everyone. | 对他们也更好 |
[17:26] | Does your family know what’s going on? | 你家人知道发生什么事了吗 |
[17:29] | That we’re trying to get you a new trial? | 知道我们想让你重新受审吗 |
[17:31] | It’s always good to have your people in the audience. | 观众席上有支持你的人总不是坏事 |
[17:34] | The judge and the jury will notice. | 法官和陪审团会留意到的 |
[17:38] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道要怎么说 |
[17:43] | All right, I’ll-I’ll make some calls. | 好吧 我会打电话给他们 |
[17:46] | A.D.A. Madden’s own expert, Dr. Novak, | 助理区检马登请来的专家 诺瓦克博士 |
[17:49] | has withdrawn her initial opinion | 撤回了最初对于 |
[17:51] | about the validity of the bite mark impressions. | 咬痕证据有效的判断 |
[17:54] | By her own admission, she now claims | 她自己也承认 并声明 |
[17:56] | that the jury should have never considered | 陪审团本不应该将她的证词 |
[17:58] | her testimony as evidence of my client’s guilt. | 作为我当事人定罪的依据 |
[18:01] | Your Honor, even if you accept that as true, | 法官大人 就算您同意这个说法 |
[18:03] | there was a mountain of other evidence. | 还有很多其他证据 |
[18:04] | There was DNA… | 还有DNA… |
[18:06] | Of course there was. | 当然有了 |
[18:07] | My client freely admitted that he engaged | 我当事人早就承认他经双方同意后 |
[18:09] | in consensual contact with Miss Richardson. | 与理查森小姐有过接触 |
[18:11] | Your client also confessed to killing her. | 你当事人也供认杀害了她 |
[18:13] | My client was coerced. | 我当事人是被迫的 |
[18:15] | Which is why we’re moving to suppress the confession. | 所以我们才要提请推翻认罪 |
[18:17] | – On what grounds? – A valid confession | – 基于什么 – 有效的认罪 |
[18:19] | must be knowing, willing and voluntary. | 应该是在知悉内情 愿意且自发的情况下进行的 |
[18:22] | I submit that the detectives’ lies made that impossible. | 我认为警探的谎言使得这种情况不可能发生 |
[18:25] | Okay, I’ve heard enough. | 好了 我听够了 |
[18:27] | I know the case very well. | 我很了解这个案子 |
[18:29] | I presided at the original trial, | 我负责了原审 |
[18:31] | and I considered a motion to suppress then and denied it, | 我也考虑了推翻认罪的动议 但拒绝了 |
[18:33] | and I’m denying it now. | 而且我现在也拒绝 |
[18:37] | But I’m going to grant your motion to vacate the conviction. | 但是我同意你撤销定罪的动议 |
[18:39] | I’m granting a new trial. We’re adjourned. | 我同意进行再次审判 现在休庭 |
[18:43] | Talk about snatching victory from the arms of defeat. | 从失败之处夺回胜利啊 |
[18:46] | I wouldn’t crack open any champagne just yet. | 我就不会那么快开始庆祝了 |
[18:49] | I have something for you. | 这是给你的 |
[18:52] | Notice of Discovery. | 证据声明 |
[18:53] | Yes, indeed. We have a new witness. | 是的 我们有一名新证人 |
[18:55] | Who’s Jerome Sheffield? | 谁是杰罗姆·谢菲尔德 |
[18:57] | He’s my cell mate. | 他是我狱友 |
[18:59] | Former cell mate. | 前狱友 |
[19:00] | We moved him to another facility this morning. | 我们今早把他转去别的监狱了 |
[19:02] | Crime happened nine years ago. | 九年前的案子 |
[19:04] | What’s he going to say? | 他有什么好说的 |
[19:06] | Let me guess, he’s gonna say our client confessed to him. | 我猜猜 他会说我当事人向他认罪了 |
[19:09] | Confessed to him about what? | 认什么罪 |
[19:10] | Mr. Graham, I’m advising you not to speak. | 格拉哈姆先生 我建议你保持沉默 |
[19:13] | Jerome Sheffield is prepared to testify | 杰罗姆·谢菲尔德会上庭作证 |
[19:15] | that your client admitted to him | 指证你的当事人曾向他承认 |
[19:16] | that he raped and murdered Ashley Richardson. | 强奸并谋杀了艾希莉·理查森 |
[19:18] | He’s lying. That never happened. | 他撒谎 这根本不可能 |
[19:20] | Stop talking; he is trying to bait you. | 不要再说话了 他是在引你上钩 |
[19:22] | When did my client make this so-called confession? | 我当事人何时做出过这个所谓的”认罪” |
[19:25] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[19:26] | How serendipitous. So, I’m guessing | 真是够巧的 所以我猜 |
[19:27] | the day we filed a motion for a new trial, | 就在我们提出重审此案的动议的那天 |
[19:29] | you offered Derrick’s cell mate a deal for what, exactly? | 你向德里克的狱友提出了交换条件 是什么呢 |
[19:34] | Early release? And then, miraculously, | 提前释放 然后奇迹般地 |
[19:36] | he came to you with a confession. | 他就说他听到了我当事人认罪 |
[19:38] | Hmm. And people say there is no God. | 我们此等凡人还以为上帝不存在呢 |
[19:41] | You might want to dial it down, Dr. Bull. | 你最好注意一下你的言辞 布尔博士 |
[19:43] | Do you have this confession on tape? | 你有认罪的录音吗 |
[19:46] | Yeah, I didn’t think so. | 是啊 我就知道没有 |
[19:48] | A confession is a confession. | 他的忏悔就是认罪 |
[19:49] | Or, in this case, two confessions. | 或者说 本案是认了两次罪 |
[19:52] | I proved this man was guilty once. | 我曾经证明过这个人有罪 |
[19:54] | I’m happy to do it again. | 我很乐意再证明一次 |
[19:58] | Gee, for a fleeting moment there, that felt really good. | 哎呀 有那么短暂的一瞬间 感觉还挺爽的 |
[20:20] | It’s a new day! | 又是新的一天 |
[20:22] | A new chance to convince oneself | 一个新的机会来说服自己 |
[20:25] | that the cause is not lost. | 我们为之奋斗的理想还没有丢失 |
[20:27] | Maybe it’s just temporarily misplaced. | 可能只是因错放而暂时找不到了 |
[20:29] | You slept here again? | 你又在这睡了一晚 |
[20:32] | Well… Ooh, sorry. | 是啊… 不好意思 |
[20:34] | Yeah. I was reading the transcripts | 是的 我昨晚正在看 |
[20:35] | from the original trial, and I looked up | 原审的庭审记录 等我一抬头看表 |
[20:37] | and it was 5:00 A.M. | 就已经是凌晨五点了 |
[20:39] | Grabbed a couple hours on the couch. | 就在沙发上睡了几个小时 |
[20:40] | – You don’t have a clean shirt, do you? – Yeah. | – 你还有干净的衬衫吗 – 有 |
[20:43] | Hey. Oh, sorry to barge in. | 很抱歉 我闯进来了 |
[20:45] | And, uh, to what do I owe the pleasure? | 有什么能为你效劳的 |
[20:48] | Well, I ordered some new | 我要求用最新技术 |
[20:49] | state-of-the-art DNA tests on the scarf | 重新检测了那晚在艾希莉 |
[20:51] | – Ashley was wearing that night. – And? | – 围巾上的DNA – 结果呢 |
[20:54] | And they found something new, DNA-wise, | 结果他们发现了新的DNA痕迹 |
[20:56] | that doesn’t belong to Ashley or Derrick. | 既不是艾希莉的 也不是德里克的 |
[20:59] | Well, we like the sound of that. | 我们喜欢这样的消息 |
[21:00] | Yeah, well, might belong to the store clerk | 是啊 那DNA可能是商店里卖围巾的职员的 |
[21:02] | that sold it to her or someone | 也可能是她在酒吧里 |
[21:04] | she brushed up against in the bar. | 无意中碰到的什么人 |
[21:05] | Or the killer. | 或者是杀人凶手的 |
[21:07] | Or the killer. | 当然有可能 |
[21:08] | But that we don’t know, because whoever it is | 但是我们无法确定 因为无论是谁的DNA |
[21:10] | isn’t showing up in the system. | 系统中都没有这个人 |
[21:11] | Which leads me to my next question. | 这就引发了我的下一个问题 |
[21:14] | Where are we with alternate suspects? | 我们有没有别的嫌疑人 |
[21:16] | Other people who were in the bar that night, | 比如那晚在酒吧里的其他人 |
[21:18] | people in the neighborhood with prior sex crime records? | 或者她的邻里中有性侵犯罪前科的人 |
[21:21] | Well, with all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[21:22] | Dr. Bull, we’re still short-staffed, | 布尔博士 我们的人手还是短缺 |
[21:25] | and that used to be something Cable would do | 这些信息原本是由凯布尔负责 |
[21:28] | for us online, and, as you know, um, | 在网络上搜索的 但是你懂的 |
[21:30] | at the moment, there’s no Cable. | 此时此刻 凯布尔不在了 |
[21:32] | Be that as it may, | 即便如此 |
[21:33] | we always managed to get things done before there was a Cable, | 在凯布尔加入之前 我们也总能想到办法解决 |
[21:36] | and I have every confidence you’ll get it done | 而且我相信在我们找到接替她的人选之前 |
[21:38] | until we find her replacement. | 你就能搞定的 |
[21:39] | I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but last night I pored over | 我不想泼你们冷水 但是昨晚我翻看了 |
[21:42] | the police records, witness statements, | 警方记录 目击证人证词 |
[21:44] | and I didn’t find any new leads. | 我还是找不到什么新线索 |
[21:47] | Not a one. | 毫无头绪 |
[21:48] | It supports our narrative. | 这反而证实了我们的辩述 |
[21:49] | The reports don’t make any reference of alternate suspects | 警方报告中没有提到任何其他的嫌疑人 |
[21:53] | because the detectives never looked for any. | 因为办案警探当时根本没有调查其他人 |
[21:55] | It’s called myside bias. | 这叫做以自我为中心的偏见 |
[21:57] | The police have always believed that Derrick was the killer. | 警方自始至终都认定德里克就是凶手 |
[22:00] | Their entire investigation was centered | 他们的整个调查都集中于 |
[22:04] | on proving that to be true. | 证明自己是对的 |
[22:06] | What should’ve happened was an open and fair investigation. | 而那本应该是一次全面而公正的调查 |
[22:09] | But in this case, all they did was find evidence | 但在本案中 他们所做的只是找到证据 |
[22:11] | to support a predetermined conclusion. | 去证明预先定下的结论而已 |
[22:13] | Oh, aren’t you a chipper-looking pair? | 你们俩不是活蹦乱跳的一对吗 |
[22:15] | Glum and glummer? | 怎么一个比一个垂头丧气 |
[22:16] | Well, hard to put on a happy face when you look at this data. | 看到这数据后 很难再笑得出来了 |
[22:19] | Been doing some polling, Bull, and it suggests | 我做了些调查 布尔 结果显示 |
[22:21] | that over 80% of our potential jury pool | 八成以上的陪审团候选者 |
[22:24] | still remember Derrick’s first trial | 仍记得德里克的一审 |
[22:25] | and already believe he’s guilty. | 并且已经认为他有罪 |
[22:27] | Those are some tough odds. | 我们的胜算不大 |
[22:28] | And now with this new confession… | 现在再加上这个新的坦白证词… |
[22:30] | Yeah. I hear you. | 是啊 我知道你的意思 |
[22:32] | I guess we just have to find a jury | 我想我们得找到 |
[22:34] | who can see through these so-called confessions. | 能够看清这些所谓的认罪的陪审团了 |
[22:37] | Okay. If you say so. | 好吧 随你怎么说 |
[22:39] | And where would one look for said jury? | 那我们如何找到这样的陪审员呢 |
[22:41] | How well do you know Shakespeare? | 你有多了解莎士比亚 |
[22:42] | I, uh, read Romeo and Juliet in high school. | 我高中时读过他的《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[22:46] | I think. Or maybe I saw the movie. | 好像是的 也可能我看的是电影版 |
[22:48] | What I need are jurors who identify with a fellow’s fatal flaw | 我需要的能分辨出人类致命弱点的陪审团 |
[22:53] | Jealousy. | 猜忌 |
[22:55] | Or more specifically, the absolute certainty | 或者更准确地讲 绝对确定 |
[22:58] | that makes jealousy possible. | 让猜忌成为了合理的存在 |
[23:00] | You see, Othello suspected his wife of having an affair, | 你看 奥赛罗怀疑他的妻子出轨 |
[23:03] | so he confronted her. | 于是他去与她对质 |
[23:05] | And quite understandably, she vigorously denied it. | 当然 他的妻子明确地否定了他的怀疑 |
[23:07] | She cried and did everything she could to convince him, | 她流着眼泪 想尽办法去说服他 |
[23:09] | but Othello didn’t care. | 但是奥赛罗全然不管 |
[23:11] | He was absolutely certain of her guilt. | 他已经确信她有过错 |
[23:15] | In fact, he believed Desdemona’s tears | 事实上 他认为苔丝狄蒙娜的眼泪 |
[23:16] | were proof of her consciousness of guilt. | 就是她意识里感到内疚的证据 |
[23:19] | The irony is all they were was a reaction | 讽刺的是这些眼泪不过是 |
[23:22] | to her husband’s not believing her. | 她对于失去丈夫信任的反应 |
[23:24] | Long story short, Othello killed his wife | 长话短说 奥赛罗的妻子并没有背叛他 |
[23:26] | for something she didn’t do. | 却遭奥赛罗的杀害 |
[23:28] | Now, I want jurors who understand | 现在 我想选出这样的陪审员 |
[23:29] | that just because Detective Bradley, for that matter, | 他们能够理解 仅仅是因为布兰得利警探 |
[23:31] | the entire police department, | 甚至整个警察局 |
[23:33] | believes something | 全都相信某件事 |
[23:34] | with all their might, it doesn’t make it true. | 也并不意味着这件事就一定是真的 |
[23:39] | If you were questioning someone from your office, | 假设你在向办公室同事质询一件事 |
[23:42] | and let’s say your favorite pen went missing from your desk | 比如说你在桌子上找不到你最喜欢用的钢笔了 |
[23:44] | and they were sitting there with their arms crossed | 而你的同事双手紧紧地交叉抱胸 |
[23:48] | tightly across their chest. | 坐在那里 |
[23:49] | What would you think? | 你会怎么想 |
[23:51] | I don’t know. They… Maybe they were cold. | 我不确定 他们… 也许他们很冷 |
[23:56] | This juror is acceptable, Your Honor. | 辩方接受这位陪审员 法官大人 |
[23:58] | And you, ma’am. Same question. | 那您呢 女士 同样的问题 |
[24:00] | I’m inclined to think it means they took the pen, | 我倾向于相信这意味着他们拿走了钢笔 |
[24:03] | or at least know something about who did. | 或者至少他们知道是谁拿走的 |
[24:07] | We’d like to thank and excuse this juror, Your Honor. | 辩方感谢并请求排除这位陪审员 法官大人 |
[24:10] | You, sir. | 您呢 先生 |
[24:11] | Who knows? It could mean a zillion things. | 谁知道呢 这可能有非常多的含义 |
[24:15] | Juror number three is acceptable. | 辩方接受三号陪审员 |
[24:18] | Someone is being interrogated by the police. | 警方正在审问一个嫌疑犯 |
[24:22] | His mouth is dry, he keeps asking for water, | 他的嘴巴很干 他一直要求喝水 |
[24:25] | his body keeps trembling. | 他的身体也一直在发抖 |
[24:26] | What do you make of that? | 你会如何看待这种情况 |
[24:28] | Tough call without knowing who’s who, what they’re in for. | 如果不知道这具体是谁 发生了什么事 就很难讲 |
[24:30] | At the very least, I know he’s nervous. | 但至少我知道他很紧张 |
[24:36] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 不好意思 法官大人 |
[24:39] | Talk to me. | 说吧 |
[24:41] | Could go either way. Try this. Do a push/pull. | 现在还不好判断 试试引导一下她 |
[24:43] | Suggest the answer in the question. | 暗示一下她这个问题的回答 |
[24:45] | See if that’ll sway her. | 看看是否会使她动摇 |
[24:48] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[24:50] | I was asking you about someone being questioned by the police | 我刚问你正在被警方审问的嫌疑犯 |
[24:53] | and you said that maybe they were nervous. | 而你说可能是紧张 |
[24:55] | Why would you say they were nervous? | 为什么你会说是紧张呢 |
[24:57] | Maybe he’s afraid he’s gonna get caught. | 可能他担心会露出马脚 |
[24:59] | Or maybe they’re afraid of being railroaded by the police | 也可能是担心被警方强迫承认 |
[25:03] | for something they didn’t do. | 不是他犯下的罪行 |
[25:04] | Sure. Maybe. I never thought of that. | 当然 有这个可能 我没想到这种情况 |
[25:08] | Maybe he has a nervous condition. | 也许他本就处在精神紧张的状态 |
[25:09] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[25:11] | These two jurors are acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 辩方接受这两位陪审员 法官大人 |
[25:14] | Ladies and gentlemen, we have a jury. | 女士们先生们 陪审团挑选完毕 |
[25:17] | Tell me we’re ahead of the curve. | 请告诉我我们已经拔得头筹了 |
[25:19] | Wish I could. | 我倒是希望如此 |
[25:20] | Based on what I’m hearing, | 基于我现在听到的情况 |
[25:22] | we’ll end up with nine red jurors and three green jurors. | 我们会有九位反对和三位支持我方的陪审员 |
[25:25] | Well, 25% of the way there. I’ll take it. | 已经完成了四分之一了 我接受这个开局 |
[25:29] | Prosecution’s first witness tomorrow | 检方明天的第一位证人 |
[25:30] | is Derrick’s friend, Josh. | 是德里克的朋友 乔希 |
[25:31] | He’s on our side. Who knows? | 他是我们这边的 谁知道呢 |
[25:33] | Maybe he’ll win us some converts. | 也许他会帮我们改变几个陪审员的想法 |
[25:35] | Fingers crossed. | 但愿保佑 |
[25:37] | Everyone was in a good mood. | 大家心情都很愉快 |
[25:39] | I mean, we were having fun. | 我们玩得很开心 |
[25:41] | You know, it was supposed to be a celebration. | 那本来应该是一次庆祝聚会的 |
[25:44] | And did you see the defendant | 你是否看到被告 |
[25:45] | approach the victim, Ms. Richardson? | 走向受害人 即理查森女士 |
[25:47] | Sure. We were all watching and kind of | 是的 我们都看着呢 也希望 |
[25:51] | hoping they’d click. | 他们能一拍即合 |
[25:53] | I mean, from our vantage point, | 我是说 从我们的角度看来 |
[25:54] | it looked like they’d make a pretty cute couple. | 他们看上去很相配 |
[25:56] | And then she joined you at your table? | 后来她就和你们在一起喝酒了吗 |
[25:58] | Yes. And she was terrific. | 是的 她是个很棒的女孩 |
[26:01] | You know, a lot of fun. You know, full of life. | 非常有意思 充满活力 |
[26:04] | And he was a perfect gentleman. | 他也是个完美绅士 |
[26:05] | You can’t let them see your shame. | 你不能让陪审团看到你羞愧的样子 |
[26:09] | They won’t understand it. They’ll think it’s guilt. | 他们不会这么想的 他们会认为你是在内疚 |
[26:12] | Now, is it still your testimony | 那么你是否还坚持原有证词 |
[26:13] | that everyone was drinking, | 即你们一起喝酒 |
[26:15] | and that in addition, there were narcotics, hydrocodone? | 除此之外 还服用了麻醉药 就是氢可酮 |
[26:19] | – Yes. – In fact, you were the one | – 是的 – 事实上正是你 |
[26:22] | who provided the drugs, isn’t that correct? | 提供这些药物的 对不对 |
[26:24] | The hydrocodone. | 氢可酮 |
[26:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:31] | And I feel terrible about that. | 我对此也觉得很不好受 |
[26:33] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:37] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 提问与本案无关 |
[26:39] | Rephrase the question. | 请重新措辞你的问题 |
[26:40] | Sir, you just testified that you felt terrible | 先生 你刚刚说你对于 |
[26:43] | about giving the defendant drugs. | 向被告提供药物一事感到很难受 |
[26:44] | I’m simply asking why, why that would make you feel terrible. | 我只是在问你为什么你会对此感到很难受 |
[26:48] | Objection. Compound. | 反对 复合问题 |
[26:50] | Overruled. The witness will answer the question. | 反对无效 请证人回答这个问题 |
[26:52] | I’m not sure I understand what… | 我不确定我是否听懂 |
[26:54] | Do you feel that if you hadn’t | 你是否觉得如果你没有 |
[26:55] | given the defendant drugs, | 给被告药物 |
[26:57] | then maybe he wouldn’t have committed the murder? | 那么他们可能就不会犯下谋杀罪 |
[26:58] | Is that what you meant? | 你是这个意思吗 |
[26:59] | Objection! Assumes facts that are not in evidence. | 反对 假定未经证明之事实 |
[27:02] | Leading the witness. Your Honor, please. | 诱导证人 法官大人 请判反对有效 |
[27:04] | The answer will stand. | 回答有效 |
[27:05] | But that’s not what I said. | 但那不是我说的 |
[27:06] | It’s exactly what you said, sir. | 这就是你说的话 先生 |
[27:08] | You said you felt guilty about giving your friend drugs. | 你说你对于给朋友药物这事感到很抱歉 |
[27:11] | Would you like the stenographer | 你想要速记员 |
[27:12] | to read the transcript back to you? | 将庭审记录给你读一遍吗 |
[27:14] | Objection! | 反对 |
[27:15] | Withdrawn. I have nothing further. | 收回提问 我的提问完毕 |
[27:21] | Feels like we’re dying here. Tell me we still got a pulse. | 感觉我们要死在这里了 告诉我我们还有一线生机 |
[27:23] | Barely. | 几乎没有 |
[27:24] | We just lost two of our three green jurors. | 我们刚刚失去了三个绿色陪审员中的两个 |
[27:26] | It’s 11 to one in favor of conviction. | 现在是十一比一 支持定罪 |
[27:41] | All right. Breakfast for dinner? | 好了 把早餐当晚餐吗 |
[27:46] | Ah. Eggs. | 鸡蛋 |
[27:48] | Oh. Hash browns. | 薯饼 |
[27:50] | You want something to drink? | 你想喝点什么吗 |
[27:55] | You know, I went over this a hundred times in my head. | 我在脑海中上百遍地回想这场庭审 |
[28:00] | I don’t know why Josh’s testimony | 我不明白为什么乔希的作证 |
[28:02] | went off the rails like that. | 会出了这种偏差 |
[28:04] | Ah, we didn’t get any help from the judge. | 我们没从法官那里得到任何帮助 |
[28:07] | I got to say, for a guy with a corner office | 我得说 对于一个坐大办公室 |
[28:09] | and a gigantic paycheck, | 而且收入不菲的人来说 |
[28:11] | old Josh was not terribly light on his feet. | 乔希老哥表现得并不从容 |
[28:15] | Fell right into the A.D.A.’s trap, | 而且正好掉进了助理区检的陷阱 |
[28:17] | and then did nothing to get out of it. | 还也没尝试跳出这个陷阱 |
[28:23] | I’m starting to think I’ve made a monumental mistake here. | 我开始觉得我犯了个大错 |
[28:27] | I picked a fight I can’t win | 我挑了一场不可能赢的战争 |
[28:28] | and I’ve raised Derrick’s hopes a second time. | 我已经第二次燃起了德里克的希望 |
[28:33] | So, tomorrow morning, Detective Bradley is first up. | 所以 明早 布兰得利警探第一个作证 |
[28:36] | Huh. Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:39] | I heard his testimony nine years ago. | 我九年前看过他的作证 |
[28:41] | I’m not looking forward to reliving it. | 我并不想再来第二次了 |
[28:42] | Well, you got to give it to the guy. | 你得让那家伙看看你的厉害 |
[28:45] | He set out to do something nearly impossible, | 他做了一些几乎不可能的事 |
[28:47] | and he did it. | 而且他做成了 |
[28:49] | He got an innocent man to admit to a murder he didn’t commit, | 他让一个清白的人承认犯下了并没有犯下的谋杀 |
[28:53] | and he did it legally. | 而且是通过合法手段做到的 |
[28:55] | It’s no small feat. | 这是一桩不小的壮举 |
[28:57] | That’s really it in a nutshell, isn’t it? | 简而言之就是这样 对吧 |
[29:01] | That’s what’s killing us. | 这就是让我们致命的东西 |
[29:02] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[29:04] | Well, that’s the leap people have trouble making. | 这是人们难以跨越的鸿沟 |
[29:07] | We all sit here and think, I’d never do that, | 我们都坐在这里想着 我绝不会那样做 |
[29:10] | no matter how hungry, no matter how thirsty. I’d never do that? | 无论多饿多渴 我都绝不会那样做 |
[29:13] | But the annals of law are filled | 但法律史册上却满满地记载着 |
[29:15] | with men and women who have done just that, | 这样做过的男男女女 |
[29:17] | who said, I did it when they didn’t. | 他们承认做了这样的事 但其实没有 |
[29:23] | Finish eating. We got work to do. | 晚餐结束 我们还有工作要做 |
[29:26] | So, the murder occurred on the night of the seventh, | 所以 谋杀是在七号晚上发生的 |
[29:29] | and you showed up to Mr. Graham’s workplace | 而你是八号早上去了格拉哈姆先生的 |
[29:31] | – the morning of the eighth. – That’s correct. | – 办公室 – 是的 |
[29:33] | So, I’m curious, in the intervening nine hours, | 所以 我很好奇 在这中间的九个小时里 |
[29:37] | when did you have a chance to decide that Mr. Graham | 你是什么时候认为格拉哈姆先生 |
[29:39] | was your number one suspect? | 就是你的头号嫌疑人 |
[29:41] | Objection. Assuming facts not in evidence. | 反对 假定未经证明之事实 |
[29:43] | Detective Bradley has never suggested that the defendant | 布兰得利警探从未说过被告 |
[29:46] | was his number one suspect. | 是他的头号嫌疑人 |
[29:47] | Well, he was. | 他是的 |
[29:49] | Objection overruled. | 反对无效 |
[29:52] | Proceed, Mr. Coln. | 请继续 科隆先生 |
[29:53] | So, again… | 所以 还是那个问题 |
[29:56] | if you were first notified about the murder | 如果你最先是在凌晨三点得知 |
[29:58] | at 3 in the morning and visited Mr. Graham’s office | 谋杀案的消息 而在同一天的早上十点半 |
[30:01] | at 10:30 that same morning, when was it you decided | 到访格拉哈姆先生的办公室 你是什么时候认为 |
[30:05] | that Mr. Graham was likely responsible | 格拉哈姆先生很可能要 |
[30:07] | for Ashley Richardson’s murder? | 为艾希莉·理查森的谋杀负责 |
[30:09] | – As soon as I saw the tape. – And you’re referring | – 在我看到录像带的时候 – 你是指 |
[30:11] | to the surveillance tape outside of the bar? | 在酒吧外面的监控录像带吗 |
[30:13] | – That’s correct. – And what was it you saw on that tape? | – 是的 – 你在录像带上看到了什么 |
[30:15] | I saw the defendant and the victim leave the bar together | 我看到被告和被害人一起离开了酒吧 |
[30:18] | just as the bar was closing; they were the last ones to go. | 就在酒吧快打烊的时候 他们是最后一拨客人 |
[30:21] | They walked away together, | 他们是一起走的 |
[30:23] | and that’s the last time anyone saw Ashley Richardson alive. | 而那是最后有人目击到艾希莉·理查森还活着的时刻 |
[30:26] | But my client explained to you when you interviewed him | 但我的当事人在你询问的时候解释过 |
[30:28] | that after he and the victim left the bar together, | 他和受害人一起离开酒吧之后 |
[30:31] | they stopped at the corner, outside of the camera’s view. | 他们在转角停下 而监控摄像头拍不到那里 |
[30:35] | And then each went in different directions. | 然后他们各自走向了不同的方向 |
[30:37] | Well, he can tell us anything he likes. | 他可以想怎么说就怎么说 |
[30:38] | That doesn’t make it true. | 那不意味着就是真的 |
[30:40] | Indeed, but that doesn’t make it false, either. | 的确 但那也不意味着就是假的 |
[30:41] | Objection. The defense attorney is no longer asking questions, | 反对 辩方律师并不在提问 |
[30:44] | but rather is making pronouncements. | 而是在发表陈述 |
[30:46] | Objection sustained. | 反对有效 |
[30:48] | The jury will disregard the defense counsel’s pronouncement. | 请陪审团忽略辩方律师的陈述 |
[30:52] | Okay. I apologize, Your Honor. All right. | 好的 我道歉 法官大人 好吧 |
[30:55] | Let me come at this a different way. | 让我用另一种方式发问 |
[30:58] | So, at whatever time it was that you left the crime scene… | 所以 在你离开案发现场后 无论是几点 |
[31:00] | – 4.30 in the morning. – What did you do? | – 凌晨四点半 – 你做了什么 |
[31:02] | I went home. I got about four hours of sleep. | 我回家了 我睡了大概四小时 |
[31:05] | All right, so that’s about 8:30 in the morning. | 好的 所以大概是早上八点半 |
[31:06] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么 |
[31:07] | I went to the station house. I saw the tape. | 我去了警察分局 看了录像带 |
[31:10] | I went to Mr. Graham’s place of business. | 然后去了格拉哈姆先生的工作场所 |
[31:12] | You know the rest. | 剩下的事你都知道 |
[31:15] | That it? | 就这样吗 |
[31:17] | Let the record reflect | 庭审记录请记下 |
[31:18] | that the detective answered with a shrug. | 警探以耸肩回答 |
[31:21] | So… you didn’t go to Mr. Graham’s apartment | 所以 你没有去格拉哈姆先生的公寓 |
[31:25] | – to look for physical evidence? – Not at that point. | – 去寻找物证吗 – 那时候没有 |
[31:27] | I mean, either corroborate his alibi or to challenge it | 没有通过寻找他奸杀了这名女孩的证据 |
[31:31] | by finding some proof that he had raped and killed this girl? | 来确认或者质疑他的不在场证明吗 |
[31:36] | Bloodied clothes, perhaps a…a lobby camera | 沾血的衣服 也许大堂的录像 |
[31:40] | would establish what time he returned home. | 会显示他几点回到了家 |
[31:42] | We found his DNA on her clothing. | 我们在她的衣服上发现了他的DNA |
[31:44] | Because he kissed her, | 因为他亲过她 |
[31:45] | as he explained when you questioned him that morning. | 就像那天早上你询问时 他解释的那样 |
[31:47] | Well, maybe he did and maybe he didn’t. | 也许他亲了 也许他没亲 |
[31:49] | Maybe he just raped her, beat her and strangled her. | 也许他强奸了她 殴打了她 并且勒死了他 |
[31:52] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[31:54] | But the point is, you’d have no way of knowing that, | 但问题是 你没办法知道实情 |
[31:57] | since it sounds like you spent all of 45 minutes investigating | 因为听上去在决定谁是罪犯之前 |
[32:00] | before you decided who committed the crime. | 你只花了四十五分钟调查 |
[32:02] | Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. | 反对 假定未经证明之事实 |
[32:05] | He’s right. I’m not sure if it was 45 minutes. | 他是对的 我不确定是不是四十五分钟 |
[32:07] | Could’ve been less. | 也许更少 |
[32:09] | I love it when he does that stuff. | 我喜欢他这样做 |
[32:11] | We just got our two green jurors back. | 我们赢回了两个绿色陪审员 |
[32:13] | So it is back to nine red and three green. | 所以回到了九个反对和三个支持 |
[32:16] | Excellent. | 非常好 |
[32:17] | That at least gives us a decent shot at a hung jury. | 那至少我们还有机会让陪审团陷入僵局 |
[32:20] | Let’s see if we can’t do better. | 让我们看看能否做得更好 |
[32:22] | Isn’t it true that you questioned my client | 你是不是在我当事人没有律师陪同的 |
[32:25] | for over eight hours without the presence of a lawyer? | 情况下 询问了他八个多小时 |
[32:27] | – He was free to leave. – Was he? | – 他有权自行离开 – 是吗 |
[32:29] | Didn’t you and a fellow detective | 难道你和你的同事没有 |
[32:30] | discourage him from leaving | 说过这样会造成不好的影响 |
[32:31] | by suggesting it wouldn’t look good? | 来劝阻他离开吗 |
[32:33] | – It wouldn’t look good. – Then why was it necessary | – 不会有不好的影响 – 那为什么有必要 |
[32:35] | to keep him for over eight hours? | 让他呆上八个多小时 |
[32:37] | Was he refusing to talk? | 他有拒绝回答吗 |
[32:38] | – Not at all. – Or were you just | – 没有 – 或者你只是 |
[32:40] | not hearing what you wanted to hear? | 没有听到你想听到的话吗 |
[32:41] | – Objection! – Overruled. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[32:43] | Isn’t it true that my client told you repeatedly | 我的当事人难道没有多次跟你说 |
[32:46] | that he didn’t commit the crime? | 他没有犯罪吗 |
[32:48] | That it was only after badgering him for eight hours | 只是在纠缠询问八个小时后 |
[32:51] | that he was finally persuaded | 他才最终被劝服 |
[32:53] | that he might’ve possibly committed the crime | 承认说他可能犯了罪 |
[32:55] | and not remembered it? | 并且不记得了 |
[32:56] | We’re allowed to say whatever it takes | 我们可以发表任何言辞 |
[32:58] | to get a dangerous guy off the street. | 让危险分子消失于街头 |
[33:00] | Memory is malleable. Wouldn’t you agree? | 记忆是可塑的 你同意吗 |
[33:03] | Especially in the face of an experienced interrogator? | 尤其是在面对有经验的审问者的时候 |
[33:06] | My job is to ask the questions that get at the truth. | 我的工作是询问能够得出真相的问题 |
[33:10] | And to do that, you told a lie. | 为了得到真相 你说谎了 |
[33:11] | Again, we’re allowed to say whatever it takes. | 再次强调 我们可以发表任何言辞 |
[33:13] | Oh, man, you told a whopper, didn’t you? | 我的天啊 你撒了弥天大谎 是吗 |
[33:16] | You told my client that the victim identified him, | 你告诉我的当事人 被害人指认了他 |
[33:19] | wrote his name on a piece of paper, | 在一张纸片上写下了他的名字 |
[33:21] | and she did nothing of the kind. | 而她并没有这样做过 |
[33:23] | You arrived after the victim was dead. | 你是在被害人死亡后到达现场的 |
[33:26] | I did what I needed to do. | 我做了我需要做的事 |
[33:28] | To do what? To get to the truth? | 做什么 得出真相吗 |
[33:31] | Or to get a confession at any cost so you could say | 还是不惜任何代价拿到认罪书 这样你就能说 |
[33:33] | you solved the case? | 你解决了这个案件吗 |
[33:40] | One last thing. | 最后一个问题 |
[33:41] | Isn’t it true that you and the A.D.A. | 你是否和助理区检 |
[33:44] | bribed my client’s cell mate to come here and to claim | 贿赂我当事人的狱友出庭作证 |
[33:48] | my client confessed to him? | 指证我的当事人向他认罪了 |
[33:49] | A reduced sentence is not a bribe. | 减刑不是贿赂 |
[33:51] | Oh, that’s quite a system you have here. | 你说得倒是很好听 |
[33:53] | You…you lie to suspects, you bribe witnesses… | 你… 你对嫌疑人说谎 你贿赂证人… |
[33:56] | Objection! | 反对 |
[33:58] | Sustained. You are perilously close | 反对有效 你再继续这样 |
[34:00] | to contempt, Mr. Coln. | 就是藐视法庭了 科隆先生 |
[34:05] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 我道歉 法官大人 |
[34:06] | There’s only a man’s life at stake. | 这只不过是人命悠关的事情 |
[34:09] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[34:14] | Give me a number. | 给我一个数字 |
[34:15] | I am looking at ten green. | 我看到了十个支持 |
[34:18] | I love that number. | 我喜欢那个数字 |
[34:25] | We’re listening. | 我们在听 |
[34:27] | Your client pleads guilty, and I’ll recommend | 你的当事人认罪 我会建议刑期 |
[34:28] | his sentence be reduced to time served. | 降到已服刑期 |
[34:30] | I don’t understand. | 我听不明白 |
[34:32] | I don’t have to go back to prison? | 我不用再回监狱了吗 |
[34:35] | we’ll have to go back to the courtroom | 我们要回到法庭 |
[34:37] | and tell the judge that you want to change your plea to guilty. | 告诉法官你请求认罪 |
[34:41] | So I’d have to tell them that I murdered Ashley. | 所以我一定要说是我杀了艾希莉 |
[34:42] | Derrick, listen to me. | 德里克 听我说 |
[34:45] | I know what you’re thinking, I know what you’re bumping on. | 我知道你在想什么 我知道你在抵抗什么 |
[34:47] | Let me explain. | 我解释一下 |
[34:48] | We are sitting in this room because that man | 我们之所以坐在这里 就是因为那个人 |
[34:51] | is no longer convinced | 已经不相信 |
[34:53] | that this is a sure thing. | 这是事实 |
[34:54] | In fact, I’m fairly certain he believes | 事实上 我十分肯定他认为 |
[34:56] | this is anything but a sure thing. | 这根本不是事实 |
[34:58] | Unfortunately, the same is true for our side. | 不幸的是 我们相信这是事实 |
[35:01] | Now, I can’t look you in the eye | 现在我没法看着你的眼睛 |
[35:03] | and tell you that all 12 jurors are gonna let you walk. | 告诉你那十二位陪审员会让你无罪释放 |
[35:07] | I can promise you that a majority will vote that way, | 我能承诺你的是 大部分人会投无罪票 |
[35:12] | but that brings us to a mistrial. | 但那样也只能是无效审判 |
[35:14] | And that means we have to go through all of this again, | 那就意味着我们所经历的一切又要再来一遍 |
[35:18] | and we might get a different set of cards. | 那时我们的情况就更加无法预料 |
[35:20] | It’s a big gamble. | 这赌注可不小 |
[35:23] | If you take this deal, it’s over. | 如果你接受提议 此事到此为止 |
[35:28] | And you’ve already spent your last night in prison. | 那你昨晚就在监狱里度过了最后一晚 |
[35:31] | It’s only a good deal if you did it. | 对于杀了人的人来说确实是好交易 |
[35:34] | Then you’re getting away with something. | 你就侥幸脱罪了 |
[35:36] | Then you’re getting something for nothing, | 还白白拿了好处 |
[35:38] | but, Dr. Bull, I didn’t do it. | 但是 布尔博士 我没有杀人 |
[35:40] | I’m not pleading guilty to something I didn’t do. | 我没做过的事 我是不会认罪的 |
[35:44] | Today’s your lucky day. | 今天就是你的幸运日 |
[35:46] | I want to take my chances with the jury. | 我想和陪审团碰碰运气 |
[35:47] | Derrick, please don’t do this. | 德里克 不要这样做 |
[35:50] | You never know what the jury’s gonna do. | 你不知道陪审团会怎样决定 |
[35:51] | This is a bird in the hand. | 已经有一只鸟在手了 |
[35:53] | I don’t want a bird. I want my name back. | 我不要什么鸟 我想要回我的名誉 |
[35:58] | Even Josh, | 就算是乔希 |
[35:59] | my best friend Josh, you heard him up on the stand. | 我最好的朋友乔希 你听完他的证词 |
[36:02] | He tried to hide it, but I could tell. | 他试着不表现出来 但我敢说 |
[36:04] | Even he thinks I’m guilty. | 他都认为我有罪 |
[36:09] | We appreciate the offer, Counselor. | 我们很感激你的提议 律师 |
[36:12] | But our client would like to see this through to the end. | 但我当事人想要坚持到最后 |
[36:24] | Is he here yet? | 他来了吗 |
[36:26] | He’s in your office. Just like you asked. | 他在你的办公室 就按你之前交代过的 |
[36:28] | Did you get him dinner? | 给他安排晚餐了吗 |
[36:29] | – I did. – Is he eating it? | – 我已经安排了 – 他在吃吗 |
[36:30] | He was when I left him. | 我离开的时候他正在吃 |
[36:32] | Did you get that information I asked for? | 问到我想要的信息了吗 |
[36:33] | I certainly did. | 当然 |
[36:35] | Now, would you mind telling us what’s going on? | 那么现在 可以告诉我们到底是什么情况吗 |
[36:38] | Well, what do we have here? | 我们现在掌握了什么 |
[36:39] | Well, we’re really in Cable country here, | 我们真的是处处都需要凯布尔 |
[36:41] | but… I was able to get proof positive | 但… 我有确凿的证据证明 |
[36:44] | that on the day of the murder, | 谋杀案发生的那天 |
[36:45] | Josh used his credit card to buy a MetroCard | 乔希用他的信用卡买了张捷运卡 |
[36:47] | for use on the city subways and buses. | 坐地铁和公车用的 |
[36:49] | And did he swipe the card? | 他刷了那张卡吗 |
[36:50] | Yes, he did, um, at the City Hall subway station | 是的 他刷过 在市政厅地铁站 |
[36:53] | three blocks away from the murder at 2:51 A.M. | 距离案发地三个街口 凌晨两点五十一分时刷了 |
[36:56] | Huh. Well, it’s not enough to get an arrest warrant | 还不足以拿到逮捕令 |
[36:58] | or the charges against Derrick dropped, but… | 或是撤销对德里克的指控 |
[37:01] | Wha… Josh? What makes you think… | 乔希 你怎么就认为 |
[37:03] | It was something Derrick said in court to me today. | 因为德里克今天在法庭跟我说的那些话 |
[37:06] | He said he could tell when Josh was on the stand | 他说他看得出来当乔希作证时 |
[37:09] | that he thought Derrick was guilty. | 他都认为德里克是有罪的 |
[37:10] | And it made me start to think: | 让我开始琢磨 |
[37:12] | what did I sense when Josh was on the stand, and… | 当乔希作证时我有什么感觉 |
[37:16] | …it wasn’t that at all. | 我却一点都不觉得是这样 |
[37:18] | It was something very different. | 是种很不同的感觉 |
[37:20] | Just a hunch. See where it goes. | 就是直觉 看看能发现什么吧 |
[37:28] | Thank you for coming. | 感谢你能来 |
[37:30] | I see Marissa took care of you. | 看来玛丽莎招待得还不错 |
[37:32] | Of course, of course. It sounded urgent. | 当然 当然 听上去很紧急 |
[37:34] | You guys have a new suspect or something? | 你们发现新的嫌疑人还是什么吗 |
[37:36] | Well, kinda, sorta. | 差不多吧 |
[37:38] | Fun fact. Did you know that when you buy a MetroCard | 有件有趣的事 你知道如果你用信用卡来 |
[37:41] | with a credit card, it’s traceable? | 买捷运卡 是可以追踪得到的吗 |
[37:43] | Okay. That doesn’t surprise me. | 是啊 一点都不奇怪 |
[37:44] | I would imagine anything you buy with a credit card | 我能想象到无论你用信用卡买什么 |
[37:46] | is probably traceable. | 都可以追踪得到 |
[37:47] | Well, it turns out, a lot of people used MetroCards | 结果是 在艾希莉被杀的那个晚上 |
[37:50] | to go to and from the bar the night that Ashley was killed. | 很多人都用了捷运卡去那间酒吧 然后离开 |
[37:55] | Again, I can’t say that surprises me. | 我只能再说一遍 我一点也不吃惊 |
[37:56] | I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, | 不好意思 我并不想无礼 |
[37:58] | but what are we doing here at 8:00 at night? | 但大晚上八点的 我们在这要做什么 |
[38:00] | Where are you going with all this? | 你说这些又想要干什么呢 |
[38:01] | You used the subway that night. | 你那晚乘坐了地铁 |
[38:03] | Okay. If you say so. | 是的 如果你要这么说的话 |
[38:06] | You swiped your card at a station | 你在地铁站刷了那张捷运卡 |
[38:07] | not far from either the bar or the park. | 那一站离那间酒吧或者公园都不太远 |
[38:11] | And not at 2:00 a.M., right after the bar closed, | 而且不是在酒吧关门之后的凌晨两点钟 |
[38:14] | but closer to 3:00 a.M., just after Ashley was killed. | 却是在接近三点的时候 恰好在艾希莉被杀之后 |
[38:21] | Is this how my friend repays me | 我朋友就是这样报答我的吗 |
[38:23] | for taking the stand twice in his defense? | 这样来报答我两次为他出庭作证吗 |
[38:27] | He sends his… | 他派了他的… |
[38:29] | Sorry, what are you, anyway? | 不好意思 你是他的谁 |
[38:32] | Not quite lawyer, | 也不完全是律师 |
[38:34] | to throw a Hail Mary at the last minute | 这是垂死的挣扎吗 |
[38:36] | because the trial isn’t going his way? | 就因为审判不如他的预期吗 |
[38:42] | I got real lawyers, Doctor. | 我有货真价实的律师 博士 |
[38:44] | And you’ll be hearing from them first thing in the morning. | 明天一大早他们就会联系你了 |
[38:48] | Well, here’s the thing. | 情况是这样的 |
[38:49] | We resubmitted Ashley’s scarf | 我们重新递交了艾希莉的围巾 |
[38:52] | to the lab for more sophisticated DNA testing, | 到实验室进行更精细的DNA测试 |
[38:54] | and, uh, well, guess what we found. | 猜猜我们发现了什么 |
[38:58] | Your skin cells, your DNA, | 你的皮肤细胞 你的DNA |
[39:01] | they were both on Ashley’s scarf. | 全都在艾希莉的围巾上 |
[39:03] | No, they weren’t. | 不 才没有 |
[39:06] | Where would they get my DNA? | 他们从哪里拿到我的DNA |
[39:09] | I’ve never been arrested. | 我从没被逮捕过 |
[39:11] | Don’t be naive. | 别天真了 |
[39:13] | You know those drug tests and security clearances | 你还记得证监会每年都让你做的 |
[39:15] | the SEC puts you through every year? | 那些药物检测和安全调查吗 |
[39:17] | So you can move all that money around | 这样你才可以周转资金进行投资 |
[39:19] | and make rich people even richer? | 让有钱人变得更富有 |
[39:20] | Where do you think those lab results go? | 你以为那些检测结果都去哪儿了 |
[39:22] | I’m calling my lawyer. | 我要给我的律师打电话 |
[39:24] | Do what you want. | 请随意 |
[39:25] | I’m just trying to help you get ahead of this. | 我只是想先一步帮帮你 |
[39:27] | I’m not a police officer, but I am gonna have to turn over | 我不是警察 但是我会移交 |
[39:30] | all the information I have to A.D.A. Madden. | 我掌握的所有信息给助理区检马登 |
[39:32] | And I’d love to tell him that you have been cooperating | 我很乐意告诉他你一直都很配合 |
[39:35] | and you’re willing to tell your story, and see if I can | 而且你愿意自首 看我能不能 |
[39:38] | get the powers that be to cut you a deal. | 帮你达成协议 |
[39:40] | Maybe knock your sentence down from life to 25 years. | 或许还能让你从终身监禁减刑到二十五年 |
[39:44] | Or… | 或者 |
[39:46] | call your lawyer. | 给你的律师打电话 |
[39:48] | He or she will go in both guns blazing, and I promise you, | 他或者她肯定会尽全力为你辩护 我敢担保 |
[39:53] | you’ll pay full price. | 你会付出全部代价的 |
[39:55] | Life in prison. No discount. | 终身监禁 没有讨价还价的余地 |
[39:58] | And it won’t be fun. | 那可就不好玩了 |
[40:00] | Bad as it was for Derrick, it’ll be even worse for you. | 德里克的情况已经够糟了 你只会更糟糕 |
[40:04] | Everyone… | 每个人 |
[40:06] | will know that you’re the guy | 都会知道你就是那个 |
[40:08] | who let him rot in a prison cell while you were sitting | 让他在监狱里虚耗时日 而你却坐在 |
[40:11] | in what should have been his corner office, making millions. | 本应属于他的办公室里 赚着钞票的人 |
[40:16] | Think about it. | 想想看 |
[40:19] | I’ll be here all night. | 我整晚都会在这的 |
[40:26] | Tell me something good. | 给我点好消息 |
[40:28] | Well, the expedited test results are back. | 加急测试结果拿到了 |
[40:30] | The DNA on the food Josh ate last night matches | 乔希昨晚吃的食物上留下的DNA |
[40:33] | the DNA on the scarf. | 和围巾上的DNA吻合 |
[40:35] | Thank goodness, ’cause he just confessed | 谢天谢地 因为他刚刚 |
[40:36] | to the A.D.A. In his office. | 在他的办公室向助理区检招供了 |
[40:40] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[40:41] | You got him to admit to the murder | 你让他承认了谋杀 |
[40:43] | before you had the DNA results? | 而且是在你拿到DNA结果之前 |
[40:45] | I may not have been entirely clear with him about that. | 我可能没有完全跟他说清楚状况 |
[40:48] | Darn. I hope he didn’t misunderstand me. | 该死 我希望他不要误解我 |
[40:51] | I understand you have a motion, Mr. Madden? | 听说你要提出动议 马登先生 |
[40:54] | Your Honor, due to recently uncovered evidence, | 法官大人 由于最新发现的证据 |
[40:56] | the people move to dismiss the charge of murder | 我们提请撤销对 |
[40:59] | against Mr. Derrick Graham. | 德里克 格拉哈姆先生的谋杀指控 |
[41:01] | Is that acceptable to the defense? | 辩方接受吗 |
[41:03] | No, Your Honor. A dismissal is not enough. | 不 法官大人 仅仅撤销指控是不够的 |
[41:06] | My client is seeking complete vindication. | 我当事人要求的是洗脱冤屈 |
[41:09] | We are asking the court to enter a finding of not guilty. | 我们请求法庭给予无罪裁决 |
[41:16] | No objection. | 无异议 |
[41:18] | Then I’m finding the defendant not guilty | 那我宣告 被告无罪 |
[41:21] | and ordering that he be released from custody forthwith. | 当庭释放 |
[41:24] | Court is adjourned. | 休庭 |
[41:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:33] | You saved my life. | 你救了我 |
[41:35] | No. | 不 |
[41:36] | I failed you, and you gave me a second chance. | 我辜负了你 而你给了我第二次机会 |
[41:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:46] | Uh, gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[41:48] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[41:49] | Mr. Graham, I realize this is an awkward moment, | 格拉哈姆先生 我知道现在说这个有点尴尬 |
[41:52] | but this woman says that you stole her dessert. | 但是这位女士说你偷了她的甜点 |
[41:55] | Pretty much every night. | 几乎每晚都是 |
[41:58] | Sis. | 姐姐 |
[42:00] | Connie. | 康妮 |
[42:06] | You found his sister. | 你找到了他姐姐 |
[42:09] | We do what we can. | 我们尽力而为而已 |
[42:14] | Oh, shoot. | 该死 |
[42:16] | It’s my daughter. I just missed it. | 是我女儿 我刚好错过了电话 |
[42:19] | – Did she leave a message? – Yeah. | – 她留口信了吗 – 是啊 |
[42:23] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[42:31] | Hi, Uncle Chunk. | 喂 查克叔叔 |
[42:33] | Uh, Dad. | 老爸 |
[42:35] | Um, I’m excited about coming to New York, | 对于纽约一行我感到很兴奋 |
[42:38] | excited about seeing you. | 也很兴奋能见到你 |
[42:40] | And also scared and worried. | 又害怕又担心 |
[42:44] | I know it makes no sense. | 我知道这听起来很傻 |
[42:47] | I keep having this dream that I’ll get to the airport | 我一直做着一个梦 梦见我到了机场 |
[42:49] | and you won’t be there. | 你却不在那里 |
[42:51] | Crazy, right? | 有点神经 是吧 |
[42:53] | I guess also I’m a little mad at you. | 我觉得我还是有点生你气的 |
[42:57] | 17 years is a long time to wait to meet your father. | 等着见自己的父亲等了十七年 确实有点久 |
[43:01] | Lots of birthdays and Christmases to miss. | 错过了多少个生日和圣诞节啊 |
[43:04] | It’s kind of a shame. | 真是羞愧 |
[43:07] | Anyway, I’ll see you next week. | 不管怎样 下周见咯 |
[43:08] | Love you, Dad. | 爱你 老爸 |