时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | 7616 Seven, six, one, six, | |
[00:26] | 3916 three, nine, one, six, | |
[00:28] | 24568729 two, four, five, six, eight, seven, two, nine. | |
[01:16] | 76163916 Seven, six, one, six, three, nine, one, six. | |
[01:20] | 2456 Two, four, five, six, | |
[01:21] | 8729 eight, seven, two, nine. | |
[01:32] | Freeze! Don’t move! | 不许动 |
[01:35] | Hey, boss. I’m headed to the airport. | 老板 我正要去机场 |
[01:41] | My daughter’s flight gets in in less than an hour, so… | 我女儿的航班还有不到一小时就降落了 所以… |
[01:43] | She’s coming for her campus visit. | 她来参观她的大学校园 |
[01:48] | Okay, I’m gonna hop in a cab. | 好吧 我准备打出租车去 |
[01:49] | Be back this afternoon. Got my cell if you need me. | 下午回来 如果有事就打我手机 |
[01:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | Hey, you want to take my car? | 你想用我的车吗 |
[02:00] | Well, you want to impress Anna, don’t you? | 你想给安娜留下个好印象 对吧 |
[02:03] | You want her to be so impressed that she moves here in the fall | 你想让她印象深刻 这样她就会在秋季搬过来 |
[02:05] | so you can be a bigger part of her life? | 你就有更多机会和她相处了 |
[02:07] | Take my car and driver. It’s very impressive. | 用我的车和司机吧 这会令她印象非常深刻 |
[02:10] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. | 谢谢你 布尔博士 |
[02:12] | How are you guys doing, by the way? | 你们近来如何 |
[02:14] | Me and Anna? Fine. | 我和安娜吗 挺好的 |
[02:18] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[02:19] | Well, for the first 18 years of her life, | 在她前十八年的人生中 |
[02:21] | you were Uncle Chunk, Mom’s best friend. | 你是她的特朗科叔叔 她妈妈的好朋友 |
[02:23] | And then at Thanksgiving, | 然后去年的感恩节 |
[02:25] | you tell her you’re actually her dad. | 你告诉她你其实是她爸爸 |
[02:26] | That’s a lot to throw at an 18-year-old. | 一个十八岁的孩子肯定难以接受 |
[02:28] | That’s funny. | 说来奇怪 |
[02:30] | She’s been really difficult to reach lately. | 我最近经常联系不上她 |
[02:33] | I figure she’s just really busy with senior year stuff. | 可能是她忙着毕业季的事 |
[02:37] | But I’m hoping | 但我希望 |
[02:37] | once we actually get to spend some time together, | 当我们能一起度过一段时间 |
[02:41] | be in the same place, things will… | 在同一个地方 事情会… |
[02:44] | things will get back to normal. | 事情会恢复正常 |
[02:48] | Your mom sent me the itinerary from your university, and… | 你妈妈把你参观大学的行程发给我了 |
[02:51] | since you don’t have anything scheduled for tomorrow night, | 既然你明晚没有安排什么特别的事情 |
[02:55] | I made us a dinner reservation | 我在市区预约了 |
[02:56] | at a really cool Italian spot downtown. | 一家非常棒的意大利餐厅 |
[02:58] | 7:00 p.m. | 晚上七点 |
[03:00] | That okay with you? | 怎么样 |
[03:01] | Guess so. | 还行吧 |
[03:06] | And my offer still stands. | 而且我的提议依然有效 |
[03:08] | My place isn’t a palace, but if you have any issues | 虽然我的住处没有皇宫那么好 但如果你 |
[03:10] | staying in the dorms, you know… | 住不惯学校宿舍 你知道的… |
[03:13] | That’s kind of the whole point, isn’t it? | 这才是你的目的 对吧 |
[03:17] | It is. | 对 |
[03:20] | I’m so proud of you. | 我为你感到非常骄傲 |
[03:22] | So impressed. | 你令我刮目相看 |
[03:26] | So, what’s first on your agenda today? | 今天你打算先做什么 |
[03:29] | I’m meeting with Chloe Tomlin. | 我要去见一下克洛伊·汤姆林 |
[03:30] | Chloe Tomlin. I know that name. | 克洛伊·汤姆林 我知道这个名字 |
[03:34] | Maybe you’ve read her. | 也许你读过她的文章 |
[03:35] | She’s an investigative journalist | 她是《纽约文汇》的 |
[03:37] | for the New York Ledger. | 一位调查记者 |
[03:39] | She’s also an adjunct professor here, | 她也是这里的一名副教授 |
[03:41] | and she’s the one who recommended me | 我得到了她的推荐 |
[03:42] | for the scholarship. | 才取得了奖学金 |
[03:45] | Uh, Ms. Tomlin? | 汤姆林女士 |
[03:47] | I’m Anna Baker. | 我叫安娜·贝克 |
[03:50] | I’m a prospective freshman. | 我是一名预备新生 |
[03:51] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:53] | Uh, you recommended me for the scholarship? | 您推荐我申请奖学金 |
[03:55] | And did you get it? | 你得到了吗 |
[03:57] | – Yes. – You’re welcome. | – 是的 – 不用谢 |
[03:59] | W-We had an 11:00 a.m. | 我们约好了上午十一点见面的 |
[04:02] | I’m sorry. I would have called to cancel, | 很抱歉 我本应打电话告诉你取消这次会面的 |
[04:04] | but they really do only give you one call from jail, | 但是在监狱里他们只让我打一通电话 |
[04:06] | and I used it to ask my editor to bail me out. | 而我用这一通电话打给了我的编辑来保释我 |
[04:10] | You were in jail? | 你进监狱了 |
[04:10] | Sure was. | 是啊 |
[04:12] | Probably should only discuss that with a lawyer, | 也许我只能和律师谈论这个问题 |
[04:14] | which I don’t have and need to find and can’t really afford. | 但我没有律师 我需要找一个律师 但是我又负担不起 |
[04:18] | Maybe you can help her, Dad. | 也许你能帮上忙 爸爸 |
[04:20] | I don’t really have the authority to… | 我没有权力来… |
[04:29] | Here you go. | 拿着这个 |
[04:30] | Now, I’m not sure how my boss is gonna feel about your case. | 我不确定我的老板会怎么看你的案子 |
[04:34] | I’m not sure how you’re gonna feel about my boss. | 我也不确定你会怎么看我的老板 |
[04:37] | But give me your card, | 给我你的名片 |
[04:38] | and we’ll see if we can at least put together a meeting. | 我试试至少安排你们见一面 |
[04:49] | I feel obliged to point out that you are flirting | 我有责任指出 你现在 |
[04:51] | with an enormous liability risk here. | 担着巨大的责任风险 |
[04:53] | Quiet, you two. | 安静点 你们俩 |
[04:54] | Don’t distract him. Let the man do his work. | 别让他分神 让他干活 |
[04:56] | Seriously, this is how you conduct a job interview? | 讲真 这就是你招聘人员的面试题吗 |
[04:59] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[05:00] | When I’m interviewing someone for a job I don’t understand, | 当我要面试一个人来做我自己都不理解的工作时 |
[05:02] | asking him to do something I don’t know how to do. | 就让他来做一些我自己也不会做的事 |
[05:08] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:09] | Give it a try, Dr. Bull. | 来试试吧 布尔博士 |
[05:11] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[05:13] | Ripley, double macchiato. | 雷普莉 双份玛奇朵 |
[05:38] | Hmm. Two shots. | 双份咖啡豆 |
[05:41] | Dab of milk. | 少量牛奶 |
[05:43] | Piping hot. | 热腾腾的 |
[05:48] | Mmm. It’s delicious. | 很好喝 |
[05:51] | Hire this man. What’d you say your name was again, son? | 就要他了 你刚说你叫什么名字来着 孩子 |
[05:54] | Isaiah. | 艾赛亚 |
[05:55] | I-I know it’s a little unusual. | 我知道我的名字有点独特 |
[05:57] | Oh, relax. | 别紧张 |
[05:58] | The woman you’re replacing is named after wire, | 你要替代的女职员的名字听起来像电线 |
[06:00] | and we got a guy around here | 我们这还有个家伙的名字 |
[06:02] | named after a kind of peanut butter. | 听起来像花生酱 |
[06:03] | You’ll fit right in. | 你正好合适 |
[06:09] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[06:11] | This is Chloe Tomlin, | 这是克洛伊·汤姆林 |
[06:12] | the young lady that I spoke to you about yesterday. | 昨天我跟你提起过的那位女士 |
[06:15] | About six months ago, this woman… | 大约六个月前 有位女士… |
[06:17] | let’s call her Meg… looked me up | 暂且称她为梅格吧… 她找到我 |
[06:19] | and told me a story about a date with a guy she met on Spark4U. | 告诉我她和在闪约上认识的一个男人约会的事情 |
[06:22] | Mm. Spark4U is the most popular dating app | 闪约是全北美最流行的 |
[06:25] | in all of North America. | 一款相亲应用程序 |
[06:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:31] | That’s just a known fact. | 这是个众人皆知的事实而已 |
[06:35] | So, this woman Meg… | 这位女士梅格… |
[06:37] | Meets this dude at a restaurant. | 在餐厅和这个男人见了面 |
[06:38] | They have a few drinks, but she’s not feeling it, | 他们喝了几杯 但是她对他没有感觉 |
[06:40] | so she decides to go. | 所以她决定离开 |
[06:42] | The guy must have followed her out, | 这个男人暗中跟踪了她 |
[06:43] | because before she knows it, | 在等到她明白过来的时候 |
[06:44] | he has pushed her into an alley, and he’s on top of her. | 他已经把她逼进一条小巷里 扑向了她 |
[06:47] | You can guess the rest. | 后面的事你们也能猜到 |
[06:49] | So did she go to the police? | 那她报警了吗 |
[06:50] | Yes, but there wasn’t much they could do. | 是的 但是警察也没帮上什么忙 |
[06:53] | The only information she had about her rapist | 关于这个强奸犯 她能提供的有限信息 |
[06:55] | was from the Spark4U app. | 都是从闪约应用上找来的 |
[06:57] | And let me guess. | 让我来猜一猜 |
[06:58] | The entire profile was fake. | 这个人的所有个人信息都是假的 |
[06:59] | Plus, the I.P. Address he used to make it was public. | 再加上他用的I.P.地址是个公共地址 |
[07:03] | Turns out Spark4U’s lauded security features | 闪约被广为称赞的所谓”安全特性” |
[07:05] | do next to nothing to actually vet their users. | 基本上和忽略审查用户身份没什么两样 |
[07:08] | So the police never found the guy. | 所以警方也没有找到嫌疑人 |
[07:11] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:12] | Let’s jump to the part where you break into their headquarters. | 我们现在来说说你闯入他们总部大楼的部分 |
[07:14] | Turns out several of the women | 梅格的性侵伤害幸存者线上论坛里 |
[07:16] | in Meg’s online sexual assault survivors forum | 还有几位女性也是在 |
[07:19] | had also met their assailants on Spark4U. | 闪约应用上遇到行凶者的 |
[07:21] | So she broke into Spark4U to get proof | 她闯入闪约公司是为了找到证据 |
[07:24] | so that she could publish her exposé. | 从而公开曝光这些犯罪行为 |
[07:27] | How’d you know what you were looking for? | 你是怎么知道要查找什么样的证据的 |
[07:29] | Or where to find it? | 或者说在哪里能找到证据 |
[07:30] | How’d you even get in? | 你怎么能进入他们的总部大楼 |
[07:33] | I had a source. | 我有一个线人 |
[07:35] | Someone inside the company; they sent me a key card | 他们公司内部的人 他们给了我一张出入门禁卡 |
[07:37] | and codes to access the file. | 和读取文件的密码 |
[07:38] | The irony is no one would have known I was there | 要不是那天下午公司更新了安保协议 |
[07:41] | if the security protocol hadn’t changed that afternoon. | 根本不会有人知道我进去过 |
[07:44] | Well, there’s our defense: it’s not burglary | 那这就是我们的辩述策略了 如果是具有合法权限的人 |
[07:47] | if someone with lawful authority gave her the key. | 给了她秘钥 那这就不是入室行窃了 |
[07:50] | “Our”? | “我们” |
[07:51] | Does that mean you’re taking my case? | 这是不是意味着你们愿意接手我的案子 |
[07:53] | It’d be a real shame to let a little legal snafu | 如果让一个法律谬误毁了你有前途的职业生涯 |
[07:58] | derail such a promising career. | 会是非常可惜的事情 |
[08:00] | Especially when that career is… | 尤其当这个职业正是… |
[08:01] | I don’t know… | 怎么说呢… |
[08:03] | cornerstone of any functional democracy. | 有效民主体制的基石 |
[08:06] | Thank you, Dr. Bull. | 谢谢你 布尔博士 |
[08:08] | Thank you, Mr. Palmer, and thank you, Mr. Colón. | 谢谢你 帕默先生 同样谢谢你 科隆先生 |
[08:11] | Can I see the paperwork from | 我能看看传讯你的 |
[08:12] | – your arraignment? – Yeah. | – 文件吗 – 可以啊 |
[08:17] | Oh. It’s my editor. May I? | 是我的编辑打来的 我能接一下吗 |
[08:19] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[08:21] | Hey, Tom. | 喂 汤姆 |
[08:22] | Hey, uh, guys? I… I don’t get this. | 同志们 我… 我不太懂 |
[08:25] | If Chloe’s being charged with burglary, | 如果克洛伊被控告入室行窃 |
[08:27] | why is her arraignment in federal court? | 那为什么是联邦法庭传讯她 |
[08:29] | The court calls Chloe Tomlin | 本法庭就公诉克洛伊·汤姆林案 |
[08:31] | in the matter of United States v. Chloe Tomlin. | 传讯克洛伊·汤姆林 |
[08:36] | AUSA Hartman. | 对方是州助理检察官哈特曼 |
[08:39] | She’s tough, smart. | 她很强硬 聪明 |
[08:43] | Who’s Mr. Skinny Tie? | 那个细领带先生是谁 |
[08:44] | Garrett Gatewood. He’s the CEO of Spark4U. | 加勒特·盖特伍德 他是闪约的首席执行官 |
[08:47] | Never trust a man in a skinny tie. | 千万别相信戴细领带的男人 |
[08:49] | Ms. Tomlin, you are charged with the burglary | 汤姆林女士 你被控诉 |
[08:52] | of Spark4U Enterprises Incorporated, | 对闪约股份有限公司的入室行窃 |
[08:54] | as well as economic espionage | 以及经济间谍活动 |
[08:56] | and the theft of trade secrets. How do you plead? | 和盗窃商业机密 你打算如何抗辩 |
[08:59] | I… I don’t understand. What does that mean? | 我… 我不明白 那是什么意思 |
[09:02] | They’re accusing you | 他们指控你 |
[09:03] | of stealing proprietary technology. | 偷窃专利技术 |
[09:04] | The penalty for that is over 30 years in federal prison. | 对此的刑罚是联邦监狱徒刑超过三十年 |
[09:08] | But I didn’t do that. That doesn’t make any sense. | 但我没有做啊 那完全说不通啊 |
[09:10] | My client pleads not guilty, Your Honor. | 我的客户主张无罪 法官大人 |
[09:11] | Take a breath. We’ll figure this out. | 深呼吸 我们会搞明白的 |
[09:16] | Your Honor, because Ms. Tomlin was apprehended | 法官大人 汤姆林女士被逮捕时 |
[09:19] | with privileged company information, | 持有特定的公司信息 |
[09:21] | I’m requesting a gag order for the duration of trial. | 我请求在审讯期间执行言论禁止令 |
[09:24] | Your Honor, my client is a journalist. | 法官大人 我的客户是一名记者 |
[09:26] | She has an article, and she has every right to publish it. | 她有一篇文章 她完全有权去发表它 |
[09:30] | Prior restraint for fear of harm or libel to Spark4U | 因害怕对闪约公司的伤害或诽谤而执行预先制止令 |
[09:34] | is a direct violation of the First Amendment. | 直接违反了第一修正案 |
[09:37] | I hear your concerns, Counselor, but given the charges, | 我明白你的担忧 律师 但是考虑到目前的指控 |
[09:39] | I’m inclined to agree with the AUSA. | 我更倾向同意助理检察官的观点 |
[09:42] | I’ll grant the gag order. | 我同意言论禁止令 |
[09:46] | I don’t understand. What just happened? | 我不明白 刚刚发生了什么 |
[09:48] | You just lost the right to publish | 你刚失去了发表任何 |
[09:49] | anything that has to do with Spark4U. | 关于闪约的文章的权利 |
[09:51] | But th… they can’t. I gave those women my word. | 但… 他们不能这样 我向那些女人保证过的 |
[09:54] | I’ll just publish it under a pseudonym | 我用我的笔名来发表好了 |
[09:57] | or… or leak it someplace. | 或… 或者 泄漏给别人 |
[09:58] | No, no, no, no, Chloe. You can’t do that. | 不不不不 克洛伊 你不能那么做 |
[10:00] | Benny’s right. | 本尼说得对 |
[10:02] | The only way your story sees the light of day now | 现在唯一让你的故事重见天日的方法 |
[10:05] | is if we win this case. | 就是我们打赢官司 |
[10:15] | It’s super basic, you know? | 这很简单 知道吗 |
[10:17] | Programming a drone to sync up to an espresso maker. | 给一个无人机编程 让它和咖啡机同步 |
[10:21] | Good for him. I’m glad somebody has a job. | 挺好的 我很高兴有人拿到这份工作了 |
[10:25] | Now I’m sorry I told you about it. | 我很抱歉我告诉了你这事 |
[10:30] | So, how’s your job hunt going? | 你工作找得怎么样了 |
[10:32] | Who would have thunk it? | 谁会想到呢 |
[10:33] | Turns out an FBI arrest is a barrier | 原来被联邦调查局逮捕过 |
[10:35] | to employment in the world of cybersecurity. Go figure. | 会影响在网络安全界就业 琢磨琢磨吧 |
[10:41] | You know what I really miss about TAC? | 你知道我最想念庭审分析公司的是什么吗 |
[10:43] | I mean, other than you guys. | 我是说除了你们几个之外 |
[10:45] | The work really felt like it meant something. | 在那里工作真的是有意义的 |
[10:49] | I don’t get it. If all she stole | 我不明白 如果她偷的 |
[10:51] | were client complaints and e-mails from the company | 只是客户投诉 |
[10:53] | saying how sorry they were | 和公司表示歉意 |
[10:54] | and that they were working on the problem, | 并已经在处理问题的邮件 |
[10:56] | what’s all this encryption about? | 这有什么好加密的 |
[10:58] | Exactly. Bull is betting that once we have this decrypted, | 就是啊 布尔打赌一旦我们解密了这些 |
[11:01] | it’ll prove that Chloe took this file for her story, | 就能证明克洛伊拿走这份文件只是为了她的文章 |
[11:03] | not so she could sell trade secrets. | 而不是为了贩售商业机密 |
[11:14] | I don’t get that this has anything to do with her story. | 我不明白这和她的文章有什么关系 |
[11:17] | Wow. What are we looking at? | 这些都是什么 |
[11:24] | Looks like in-app advertising. | 看起来像是应用程序内广告 |
[11:26] | Two people swipe and “spark”, | 两个人轻轻一滑 然后就匹配成功了 |
[11:28] | and the app suggests nearby places for them to meet. | 应用程序会建议附近可以约会的地方 |
[11:30] | I get it. These places pay to be featured. | 我懂了 这些商家付了钱让他们做推广 |
[11:32] | It’s some kind of new revenue stream. | 这是一种新的收入来源 |
[11:34] | And since it hasn’t gone to market yet, | 既然它还没有上市 |
[11:36] | it is definitely proprietary. | 这绝对是有专利的 |
[11:40] | But what did Chloe want with it? | 但克洛伊想要这个干什么呢 |
[11:42] | I have no idea. | 我完全不知道 |
[11:47] | I can’t believe that the AUSA got the judge to agree | 我无法相信助理检察官让法官同意 |
[11:49] | to a closed courtroom, on top of the gag order. | 在言论禁止令的基础上还进行不公开审理 |
[11:52] | You know, they’re acting like Spark4U’s “trade secret” | 他们弄得像闪约的”商业机密” |
[11:55] | are the damn nuclear codes. | 是发射核武器的密码一样 |
[11:56] | The worst part is closed court means empty gallery. | 最糟的是 不公开审理意味着他人不得旁听 |
[11:59] | Empty gallery means no mirror jury. | 他人不得旁听意味着没有镜像陪审团 |
[12:02] | We really need to nail this voir dire, | 我们真的需要搞定这次陪审团选任 |
[12:03] | ’cause once the trial starts, we’ll be flying blind. | 因为一旦审讯开始了 我们就没有可参考的信息了 |
[12:06] | What about whistle-blowers? | 我们打”揭发者”这张牌如何 |
[12:08] | We cast Chloe’s source at Spark4U… | 我们告诉庭上克洛伊在闪约有线人 |
[12:11] | and by extension, Chloe herself… | 顺便告诉大家 克洛伊她自己 |
[12:14] | as a whistle-blower. | 也是一个揭发者 |
[12:15] | Excuse me, gentlemen. | 抱歉 先生们 |
[12:17] | I hate to interrupt, but… | 抱歉打扰了 但是… |
[12:19] | I have bad news and worse news. | 我有一个糟糕的消息和一个更糟的消息 |
[12:22] | Go easy. | 慢慢来 |
[12:23] | Let’s start with the bad news first. | 我们先听糟糕的消息吧 |
[12:25] | Isaiah and I have been through everything in the file | 艾赛亚和我已经看完了克洛伊被捕时携带的 |
[12:28] | that Chloe was apprehended with, | 文件里的所有东西 |
[12:29] | and the contents in there can, in fact, | 事实上 那文件里面的内容 |
[12:32] | reasonably be classified as trade secrets. | 可以合理地被归类为商业机密 |
[12:36] | Excellent. | 太棒了 |
[12:36] | What could be worse? | 还有什么更糟的 |
[12:38] | None of it appears to have | 没有任何内容看起来 |
[12:40] | anything to do with Chloe’s story. | 和克洛伊的文章有关 |
[12:43] | Well, you were right. | 你是对的 |
[12:46] | That Chloe Tomlin is an impressive lady. | 那个克洛伊·汤姆林是个令人钦佩的女士 |
[12:48] | I did some prep with her this afternoon. | 下午我和她做了一些出庭准备 |
[12:51] | Smart, poised. | 很聪明 非常镇定 |
[12:53] | I bet we have her | 我打赌我们很快 |
[12:54] | back at that school for you in no time. | 能让她回你们学校了 |
[12:57] | Just promise me you’ll never go on that Spark4U app. | 向我保证你绝不会用那个闪约程序 |
[12:59] | Don’t. | 别 |
[13:02] | Don’t what? | 别什么 |
[13:03] | Don’t do that. | 别那么做 |
[13:05] | Don’t try and act all dad-ish. | 别摆出一副爸爸的样子 |
[13:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:10] | I wasn’t. | 我没有 |
[13:12] | And by the way, there’s no “ish” about it. | 而且 这完全没有装的成分 |
[13:15] | I am your dad. | 我是你的爸爸 |
[13:16] | Yeah, well, you don’t get to not be my dad for 18 years | 但是你十八年来都不是我的爸爸 |
[13:18] | and then just turn it on now | 就因为我可能在附近上学 |
[13:20] | because I happen to be in the neighborhood. | 你就立马变成我爸爸了 |
[13:22] | Is that how you think it went down? | 你是这么想的吗 |
[13:24] | What am I supposed to think? | 我该怎么想 |
[13:26] | You were my mom’s gay best friend for my whole life, | 在我一生中 你一直都是我妈妈最好的基佬朋友 |
[13:28] | and now suddenly you’re my father? | 然后 突然之间 你就是我爸了 |
[13:31] | Look… | 听着 |
[13:33] | I get how… it could be confusing. | 我理解 这很让人混乱 |
[13:36] | It was confusing living through it. | 经历这一切很令人困惑 |
[13:38] | And I know, at 17, 18, | 而且我知道 在十七 十八岁的时候 |
[13:41] | you think you know exactly who you are, | 你觉得你已经认清你自己了 |
[13:43] | but you don’t, you just… | 但是你不知道 你只是 |
[13:45] | you don’t. | 你并不知道 |
[13:47] | Where your mother and I grew up, not being like everyone else | 在你妈妈和我长大的地方 我也没想过 |
[13:51] | was not even something I considered. | 会和别人不一样 |
[13:53] | I was good at football. | 我很擅长打橄榄球 |
[13:55] | And your mother, she was just like you. | 而你的母亲 她就像你一样 |
[13:59] | Curious and wicked smart and so beautiful. | 富有好奇心 聪明绝顶 而且非常漂亮 |
[14:03] | We really did love each other. | 我们曾经深爱对方 |
[14:06] | And then I got my scholarship, and your mother decided | 然后我拿到了奖学金 你的母亲决定 |
[14:09] | that she was gonna go to school close to home, | 她要去离家近一点的学校 |
[14:11] | just like a half a dozen other couples in high school. | 就像高中里的其他大多数人一样 |
[14:15] | I never knew she was pregnant. | 我从来不知道她怀孕了 |
[14:17] | She didn’t tell me. | 她没告诉我 |
[14:18] | If I had known, I never would have left you both. | 如果我知道 我绝对不会离开你们 |
[14:22] | What I don’t understand is, when you quit football, | 我不明白的是 当你不再打橄榄球了 |
[14:25] | when you found out I was yours, why didn’t you come back? | 当你发现我是你的女儿 为什么你不回来 |
[14:34] | You were in the first grade when I saw your birth certificate, | 当我看见你的出生证明时 我算了一下 |
[14:38] | when I did the math. | 那时你已经一年级了 |
[14:40] | And by then, you and your mother, | 而那时 你和你的母亲 |
[14:42] | you had your own routine, your own way of… | 你们已经有了自己的生活 你们自己的方式… |
[14:46] | Look, we talked about it. | 听着 我们讨论过这个 |
[14:48] | We just didn’t want to confuse you. | 我们只是不想令你困惑 |
[14:50] | So we decided | 所以我们决定 |
[14:52] | that I would stay in New York for work | 我应该呆在纽约工作 |
[14:54] | and be Uncle Chunk when I flew down every few months. | 以特朗科叔叔的身份每隔几个月飞回来一趟 |
[14:57] | You decided. It wasn’t your decision to make. | 你们决定的 那本不是你们应该做的决定 |
[15:00] | Come on, Anna, you were six. | 拜托 安娜 你那时才六岁 |
[15:03] | You know what? I really ought to be going. | 你知道吗 我真的该走了 |
[15:04] | Anna. | 安娜 |
[15:16] | Coffee. Black, one sugar. | 黑咖啡 单份糖 |
[15:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:19] | When did I tell you how I take my coffee? | 我什么时候告诉过你我喝咖啡的习惯 |
[15:22] | You didn’t. I read that series you wrote | 你没说过 但我读过你写的 |
[15:24] | about the rise of the coffee shop | 关于咖啡店的兴起 |
[15:26] | and the death of the neighborhood diner. | 和邻里餐厅的消亡的系列文章 |
[15:28] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久之前的事了 |
[15:30] | Hmm, nonetheless, I see you sipping your coffee. | 不管怎样 你正在喝这杯咖啡 |
[15:34] | I’ve been reading a lot of your writing the past couple days. | 过去的几天里我读了很多你写的文章 |
[15:38] | You strike me as someone who’s fairly pure of heart. | 你看起来像是个单纯善良的人 |
[15:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:41] | So I need your help reconciling something. | 所以我需要你帮我解释一些事 |
[15:43] | If you went into Spark4U looking for proof | 如果你闯进闪约的办公室是去寻找 |
[15:47] | that the company was trying to silence its victims, | 闪约让受害者封口的证据 |
[15:48] | why were you caught with plans | 为什么你被捕时却被发现拿着 |
[15:50] | for an exclusive advertising feature, | 一份独家广告功能的计划 |
[15:52] | plans Spark4U’s competitors would pay mightily for? | 这些可是他们的竞争对手非常愿意花钱买的 |
[15:56] | What? | 什么 |
[15:57] | That… that’s not possible. That’s not what I did. | 不可能 那不是我干的 |
[16:01] | Well, it may not have been what you intended, | 你可能不是故意为之 |
[16:03] | but we decrypted the files you stole, | 但我们破解了你偷取的文件 |
[16:05] | and that’s what they contain. | 里面的内容就是这样 |
[16:08] | I don’t know. | 我不明白 |
[16:09] | Maybe I-I transposed some of the digits on the file number. | 也许我是把文件编号上的一些数字搞混了 |
[16:12] | I memorized it really fast. Or maybe they changed | 那些号码是我速记的 或者可能他们更改了 |
[16:14] | the filing system and my source didn’t know. | 档案系统 而我的线人并不知情 |
[16:16] | Somewhere along the line, there must have been a mistake. | 肯定是哪里出错了 |
[16:20] | I’m a journalist, Dr. Bull. | 我是个记者 布尔博士 |
[16:22] | Why would I risk my career, my reputation, | 为什么我会冒着危害我职业生涯和名誉的风险 |
[16:24] | to steal tech I can’t use and don’t understand? | 去偷那些我用不了也不明白的技术呢 |
[16:29] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[16:31] | Now we just have to find a jury that does, too. | 现在我们需要选出同样相信你的陪审团 |
[16:34] | If you discovered | 如果你发现 |
[16:36] | your best friend’s boyfriend or husband was cheating on her, | 你闺蜜的男朋友或者丈夫出轨了 |
[16:39] | – would you let her know? – That’s a tricky question. | – 你会告诉她吗 – 这个问题很难回答 |
[16:41] | Well… | 好吧 |
[16:43] | those are the only ones worth asking. | 这是唯一值得问的问题 |
[16:45] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么联系吗 |
[16:48] | It will help us predict how much a person values the truth | 这会让我们知道 她有多在意真相 |
[16:51] | over the possible consequences of reporting that truth. | 哪怕说出真相后会带来某些后果 |
[16:55] | Well, the problem with that is, | 问题是 |
[16:56] | that could really crush my friend. | 那真的会伤害我的朋友 |
[16:58] | Plus, it’s not really my business, right? | 另外 这不关我的事 对吗 |
[17:00] | So you wouldn’t tell her? | 所以你不会告诉她 |
[17:06] | We’d like to thank and excuse juror number one, Your Honor. | 我们想感谢并请一号陪审员离席 法官大人 |
[17:10] | I got to tell him. | 我会告诉他 |
[17:11] | What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t tell him? | 如果不告诉他 我又算什么朋友呢 |
[17:16] | You may think you know, but you don’t know. | 你可能以为你知道 但实际并不是 |
[17:18] | Unless you’re in the bedroom with them, you don’t know. | 除非你在卧室里撞见他们 否则你就不知道 |
[17:24] | Some things, it’s better not to know. | 有些事情最好不要知道 |
[17:26] | The truth is not always pretty. | 真相并不总是美好的 |
[17:29] | That puts us down to our final strike, Bull, | 我们就只剩下最后一个排除名额了 布尔 |
[17:32] | and I’m seeing two potential problems. | 我还看到两个潜在的问题 |
[17:34] | – Talk to me. – Juror number 19, | – 跟我说说 – 十九号陪审员 |
[17:36] | Steven Whitaker, 42. | 史蒂文·惠特克 四十二岁 |
[17:38] | He is a programmer who blogs about conspiracy theories. | 他是一个在博客上写阴谋论的程序员 |
[17:41] | And therefore distrusts the mainstream media. | 因此他不相信主流媒体 |
[17:44] | But juror number four, Megan Palowski, | 但四号陪审员 梅根·帕罗斯基 |
[17:46] | happens to have met her husband on a dating app, | 恰好是在约会应用上认识了她的丈夫 |
[17:48] | so will likely be sympathetic towards Spark4U. | 所以可能会同情闪约公司 |
[17:50] | Last one. What are you thinking, boss? | 最后一个 你怎么想 老板 |
[17:55] | Strike number four. | 排除四号 |
[17:56] | It’s gonna be hard to get her to distrust Spark4U. | 很难让她不相信闪约 |
[17:59] | And maybe our conspiracy theorist | 也许我们的阴谋论家 |
[18:01] | will latch on to a corporate cover-up. | 会锁定公司要掩盖的内情 |
[18:03] | Your Honor, we move to strike juror number four. | 法官大人 我方请求排除四号陪审员 |
[18:06] | Juror 19 is acceptable to the defense. | 辩方接受十九号陪审员 |
[18:09] | Juror four, you are excused. | 四号陪审员 请离席 |
[18:11] | And we have our jury. | 陪审团选任完毕 |
[18:14] | That seems like it went well. | 进展好像不错 |
[18:16] | It went fine. | 是不错 |
[18:18] | If I were speculating, I’d say half the jury’s inclined | 如果让我推测 我会说陪审团的 |
[18:21] | to see things our way and half isn’t. | 态度倾向五五开 |
[18:24] | But I suppose, | 但我想 |
[18:25] | when the system is doing what it’s supposed to be doing, | 法制体系能正常运作的话 |
[18:27] | that is what you hope for. | 我们希望陪审团能够公平 |
[18:29] | The truth is, no matter what… | 事实是 无论如何… |
[18:32] | we’ve got our work cut out for us. | 我们面前困难重重 |
[18:34] | Mr. Colón. | 科隆先生 |
[18:36] | Dr. Bull. Fellas. | 布尔博士 伙计们 |
[18:38] | An updated witness list. | 更新的证人名单 |
[18:46] | Only one change. | 只有一个人变了 |
[18:48] | Who the hell is Jamal Bardsley? | 谁是贾马尔·巴兹利 |
[18:52] | He’s an old boyfriend; we broke up two years ago. | 他是我以前的男朋友 我们两年前分的手 |
[18:54] | Why would they call him? | 为什么他们会找他出庭 |
[18:55] | Well, according to this interview transcript, | 根据这份询问记录 |
[18:57] | he works for Spark4U’s biggest competitor. | 他为闪约最大的竞争对手工作 |
[19:00] | I had no idea. | 我真的不知情 |
[19:01] | I swear I haven’t talked to the guy in two Christmases. | 我发誓我已经两年没和那个人说过话了 |
[19:04] | And back then, he worked for a telecom company. | 当时他在一家电信公司上班 |
[19:05] | Well, be that as it may, | 尽管如此 |
[19:07] | prosecution’s gonna offer this up as proof | 检方会把这个作为证据 |
[19:09] | that you had motive and means | 指控你有动机和手段 |
[19:11] | to benefit from stealing corporate secrets. | 从窃取企业机密中受益 |
[19:13] | But that’s not true, and Jamal is an honest guy. | 但这不是实情 贾马尔是一个诚实的人 |
[19:15] | He will tell them that on the stand. | 他会在作证时说出来 |
[19:17] | Well, just because he says it | 只是他这么说 |
[19:18] | doesn’t mean the jury’s gonna believe it. | 并不意味着陪审团会轻易相信 |
[19:22] | How do we fix this? What do we do? | 我们怎么解决 需要做些什么吗 |
[19:25] | Your source inside Spark4U. | 你在闪约内部的线人 |
[19:27] | That’s the only person who can verify | 那是唯一可以证明 |
[19:29] | what you were really after and how you got in. | 你闯入的目的和方法的人 |
[19:32] | Look, I would share my correspondence with you, | 我也愿意把我们的交谈内容告诉你们 |
[19:34] | but we communicated through an app called ChatErase. | 但我们是通过一个名叫闪聊的聊天软件交流 |
[19:36] | It automatically deletes messages | 信息被看过之后 |
[19:37] | once they’ve been viewed. | 就会自动删除 |
[19:39] | Then I need a name. | 那告诉我名字 |
[19:40] | We need to put this person on the stand. | 我们得让这个人出庭作证 |
[19:42] | I don’t have name. | 我不知道名字 |
[19:44] | They reached out to me anonymously. | 他们是匿名联系我的 |
[19:48] | They must have given you evidence to verify | 他们肯定向你提供了证据 |
[19:49] | they were who they claimed to be within the company. | 证明他们是公司内部的人 |
[19:52] | And if I can give that to my investigator, then she can… | 如果我能把这交给我的调查员 她能… |
[19:54] | No, Dr. Bull. My source could go to jail. | 不 布尔博士 我的线人可能会进监狱 |
[19:58] | That person trusted me to protect them. | 那个人相信我会保护他们 |
[20:00] | As a journalist, I am only as good as my word. | 作为一名记者 我得信守承诺 |
[20:02] | My career would be over if… | 我的职业生涯会毁掉的 如果… |
[20:06] | No. | 不 |
[20:08] | I can’t reveal my source to you. | 我无法向你透露我的线人身份 |
[20:09] | Even it means spending the next 30 years in prison? | 即使这意味着你要坐三十年牢吗 |
[20:12] | Yes. That is exactly what I mean. | 对 我就是这个意思 |
[20:21] | You asked to see me, Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 你要见我吗 |
[20:23] | What do you know about ChatErase? | 你了解闪聊吗 |
[20:25] | ChatErase? | 闪聊 |
[20:27] | It’s a ephemeral messaging app. | 那是一个短时聊天软件 |
[20:29] | End-to-end encryption. | 点对点加密 |
[20:31] | The messages self-destruct as soon as the recipient sees them. | 信息阅后即焚 |
[20:33] | Why do you ask? | 有什么事吗 |
[20:34] | So they just disappear? | 所以信息就消失了吗 |
[20:36] | There’s really no record of them anywhere? | 他们真的没有留下任何记录吗 |
[20:38] | The messages just vanish? | 信息直接消失了吗 |
[20:39] | Oh, well, it’s the Internet. | 这是互联网 |
[20:42] | I’m guessing there’s a vestige of it somewhere, | 我猜在你找不到的某个地方 |
[20:44] | just not anywhere you would expect to find it. | 总会留下点痕迹 |
[20:47] | So it is possible to locate them. | 所以是有希望找到这些信息的 |
[20:48] | They’re out there, somewhere. | 它们是存在的 在某个地方 |
[20:49] | Theoretically. But the point of the technology | 理论上来说是的 但这软件技术的重点 |
[20:52] | is to make sure that doesn’t happen. | 就是确保找不到这些信息 |
[20:53] | You would have to be an amazing cyber sleuth to even begin… | 你得是一名非常优秀的网络侦探… |
[20:56] | Aren’t you an amazing cyber sleuth? | 难道你不是一名出色的网络侦探吗 |
[21:00] | I need those messages our client exchanged with her source. | 我需要我的客户和她的线人交流的信息 |
[21:05] | Dr. Bull… | 布尔博士… |
[21:06] | I got to be honest… | 我说实话 |
[21:09] | Really? Why you? Why now? No one else is. | 你以为你现在为什么在这里 我们没有别人了 |
[21:13] | I need it done. | 我需要搞定它 |
[21:14] | Go, Isaiah. | 去吧 艾赛亚 |
[21:17] | Mr. Hill, | 希尔先生 |
[21:18] | what is your relationship to the accused? | 你与被告是什么关系 |
[21:21] | I am, uh… | 我是… |
[21:22] | uh, was… her editor at the New York Ledger. | 曾是她在《纽约文汇》的编辑 |
[21:26] | When’d you stop working for him? | 你什么时候不再为他工作了 |
[21:28] | I didn’t know I had. | 我可没辞职 |
[21:29] | Now, the defense | 现在 辩方 |
[21:30] | is claiming that Ms. Tomlin | 声称汤姆林女士 |
[21:32] | broke into Spark4U in pursuit of a story. | 是为了追踪一篇报道而闯入闪约总部的 |
[21:35] | Is that something that your newspaper condones? | 你们报社是否能够容忍这样的行为呢 |
[21:38] | Breaking into a private business and stealing its trade secrets? | 闯入一家私人企业并窃取其商业机密吗 |
[21:42] | No. | 不能容忍 |
[21:44] | That’s why she’s been placed on administrative leave, | 也因此她被我们报社行政性停职 |
[21:46] | pending the outcome of this trial. | 并等待本案的宣判 |
[21:48] | Is this the first you’ve heard of this? | 你刚知道这些吗 |
[21:50] | Ms. Tomlin is accused | 汤姆林女士被指控 |
[21:52] | of stealing proprietary code. | 窃取专利性程序代码 |
[21:54] | Could you explain to all of us | 你能告诉我们 |
[21:56] | what that could possibly have to do | 这与她声称要曝光闪约的内幕 |
[21:58] | with her alleged Spark4U exposé? | 有什么关联吗 |
[22:01] | Objection! Speculation. | 反对 需要证人推测 |
[22:03] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[22:04] | Let me rephrase. | 我换一种说法 |
[22:05] | What was Ms. Tomlin’s story about? | 汤姆林女士所报导的是关于什么的事件 |
[22:12] | I… I actually… | 其… 其实我… |
[22:15] | never assigned Chloe a story about Spark4U. | 没有指派克洛伊去报导关于闪约的新闻 |
[22:18] | And, uh, | 而且 |
[22:20] | she never mentioned to me that she was interested | 她从未跟我提起 |
[22:22] | in pursuing one on her own. | 她有意想自己调查这件事 |
[22:26] | He’s lying. He’s just lying. | 他在撒谎 满嘴谎话 |
[22:28] | We were gonna publish it three days ago. | 我们本打算三天前就登报的 |
[22:30] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白他为什么要这么做 |
[22:32] | So is it possible | 那么她是否可能 |
[22:33] | that she made the whole thing up | 编造了这整套故事 |
[22:35] | as an excuse for committing this crime? | 来作为犯罪的借口 |
[22:37] | – Objection! – Sustained. | – 反对 – 有效反对 |
[22:39] | Ms. Hartman. | 哈特曼女士 |
[22:40] | Withdrawn, Your Honor. | 我撤回提问 法官大人 |
[22:43] | I don’t need a mirror jury | 我不需要镜像陪审员 |
[22:46] | to know that this is killing us. | 就知道这次很棘手 |
[22:56] | Chloe? | 克洛伊 |
[22:58] | Who are you? | 你站在哪边的 |
[23:00] | You don’t understand. I had no choice. | 你不明白 我没得选择 |
[23:03] | It came down from the masthead. | 这是上头的命令 |
[23:04] | They threatened to lay off half the department. | 他们威胁我要裁掉半个部门 |
[23:05] | Once this blows over… | 等这风头过去… |
[23:07] | Go to hell, Tom. | 我不想见到你 汤姆 |
[23:10] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[23:10] | You’re saying that the publishers | 你是说《纽约文汇》 |
[23:12] | of the New York Ledger told you to perjure yourself? | 出版社的人 让你做假证 |
[23:15] | I’m not saying anything of the kind. | 我并没有说过这种话 |
[23:16] | As I recall, | 我记得 |
[23:17] | one of the owners of the Ledger made his fortune | 《纽约文汇》其中一个股东是通过 |
[23:19] | in tech startups and apps. | 创立科技应用公司发的财 |
[23:21] | I have no idea. | 我可不知道 |
[23:23] | I just work there. | 我只是在那上班 |
[23:24] | Ah, money… the enemy of truth. | 是啊 有钱能使鬼推磨 |
[23:28] | Ah, truth. | 是啊 真相 |
[23:29] | Yes, I remember truth. | 是啊 我还记得真相 |
[23:31] | It existed a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. | 存在于很久以前 离我们光年般遥远的地方 |
[23:35] | Come on, Yoda. Let’s head back to the office. | 走吧 回公司吧 尤达 |
[23:44] | I’m sorry, sir. Perhaps you didn’t hear me. | 不好意思 先生 也许你没听见 |
[23:46] | I announced last call an hour ago. | 你一个小时前就该下班了 |
[23:49] | Leave me alone. | 让我一个人呆会 |
[23:50] | I’m pondering. | 我在思考 |
[23:56] | I’m sure you are, but friends don’t let friends ponder drunk. | 我当然知道 但朋友不会任由朋友喝醉酒 |
[24:04] | God, the world stinks. | 天啊 这世界糟透了 |
[24:07] | Her boss actually got on the stand and told a boldface lie, | 她老板真上庭做了个无耻的假证 |
[24:10] | sold her right down the river, | 狠心出卖了她 |
[24:12] | then went to Chloe and admitted it. | 还有胆到克洛伊面前认错 |
[24:15] | I don’t know which was worse… | 我不知道是看着他 |
[24:18] | watching him ruin her life under oath, | 在宣誓后却毁了她的人生更糟 |
[24:20] | or watching him crush her spirit with the truth, | 还是看着他用真相粉碎她的精神更糟 |
[24:23] | cause he thought that’d make it all better. | 就因为他以为这能让一切好起来 |
[24:30] | I don’t know what to do for this girl. | 我不知道能为这个女孩做些什么 |
[24:33] | I mean, she won’t tell me her source. | 她不肯告诉我她的线人是谁 |
[24:36] | The people she works for won’t stand up for her. | 而她的老板还背上插刀 |
[24:39] | It’s like that movie with George Clooney, | 这跟乔治·克鲁尼的那个电影一样 |
[24:41] | the one where he’s on a boat and everything that can go wrong… | 就是他在一艘船上但是诸事不顺的那部电影 |
[24:43] | – The Perfect Storm? – Right. | – 《完美风暴》吗 – 对 |
[24:45] | Except I can’t decide | 只是我无法决定 |
[24:46] | if I’m George Clooney or Mark Wahlberg. | 我会是乔治·克鲁尼还是马克·沃尔伯格 |
[24:47] | I just had a crazy thought. | 我突然有个疯狂的想法 |
[24:49] | Ooh. I love crazy thoughts. | 我爱疯狂的点子 |
[24:51] | This closed courtroom | 这次非公开庭审 |
[24:52] | is making me nuts. | 让我感觉很别扭 |
[24:54] | No mirror jurors, no way for me to help. | 没有镜像陪审员 就没我的用处 |
[24:56] | But then it occurred to me, | 但这让我想到 |
[24:58] | if the courtroom is really closed, | 如果这庭审是完全非公开的 |
[25:00] | maybe the victims that reached out to Chloe would be willing | 也许向克洛伊求助的受害者们 |
[25:04] | to testify on her behalf. | 会同意出面为她作证 |
[25:07] | I know they’re embarrassed about what happened to them. | 我知道他们的经历很难以启齿 |
[25:09] | I’m sure they’d rather stay anonymous, | 他们当然不想公开身份 |
[25:11] | but under the circumstances, | 但事到如今 |
[25:13] | maybe they would be willing to talk about how they went to her | 他们也许会为了将这事公之于众 |
[25:16] | to help try and expose this thing. | 而愿意告诉我们他们是如何找到她的 |
[25:19] | Young lady, has anyone ever called you a genius? | 这位年轻的女士 有人说过你是个天才吗 |
[25:22] | No. I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[25:24] | Well, wait till it happens. | 等着吧 会有的 |
[25:26] | You’ll see. It’s a great feeling. | 到时你就知道了 那感觉很好 |
[25:29] | And that is a terrific idea. | 还有 这是个绝妙的主意 |
[25:32] | Jury keeps looking at Chloe as a criminal | 因为我们还没有找到任何证人 |
[25:34] | cause we can’t get anyone to testify otherwise. | 陪审团才认为克洛伊就是罪犯 |
[25:36] | But if the jury gets a look at who she was really fighting for, | 如果陪审团知道克洛伊所做的一切是为了谁 |
[25:40] | we got a shot at changing their minds. | 我们就有机会改变他们的想法 |
[25:42] | You’re a genius. | 你真是个天才 |
[25:45] | Man, that feels great. | 天啊 这感觉真好 |
[25:48] | I’m gonna make some calls | 我去打几通电话 |
[25:49] | and see if I can round up some of the girls. | 看看能否找到几个受害者 |
[25:51] | Now that I know you’re not closing the place up, | 既然你还打算加班 |
[25:53] | I’m gonna do some more pondering. | 我就再多思考一会 |
[26:00] | See how that worked out? | 看看结果如何 |
[26:16] | It’s two in the morning. | 现在是凌晨两点 |
[26:17] | Why do you keep ringing my buzzer? | 为什么你不停地摁我的门铃 |
[26:18] | I’m sorry. My name is Isaiah. | 不好意思 我是艾赛亚 |
[26:20] | You don’t know me, but I’m the guy | 你不认识我 不过我就是在庭审分析公司 |
[26:22] | who got your job at TAC, and I really need your help. | 接替你职位的那个人 我非常需要你的帮助 |
[26:24] | You the flying coffee guy? | 你就是那个让咖啡飞起来的人吗 |
[26:26] | You know what a cheap trick that is, right? | 你知道那只是个很低劣的伎俩吧 |
[26:32] | Is that Chloe’s laptop? | 那是克洛伊的电脑吗 |
[26:36] | All right, give me a second. | 好吧 等一下 |
[26:39] | Near as I can figure, there are two ways we can do this. | 就我所知 我们有两种可行方法 |
[26:42] | One is to find the ChatErase encryption key | 第一种是在克洛伊的电脑里 |
[26:44] | on Chloe’s computer. | 找到闪聊的密钥 |
[26:45] | The other is to locate a covert third-party app | 另一种是找出一个暗中监视 |
[26:50] | that spies on ChatErase in the hopes | 闪聊并泄露闪聊的聊天记录 |
[26:52] | of profiting from leaking secrets. | 以从中获利的第三方应用 |
[26:54] | One has to exist. We just have to find it. | 肯定有这种应用程序 我们只需要找到它 |
[26:56] | That’s… | 这真是… |
[26:59] | I hadn’t thought of that. | 我没想到这点 |
[27:03] | You know if this works, I’ll tell Dr. Bull it was you. | 我会告诉布尔博士这是你的功劳 |
[27:06] | The hell you will. | 那可不行 |
[27:08] | Do you know how many people use that Spark4U app every day? | 你知道每天会有多少人在用闪聊吗 |
[27:10] | No. | 不知道 |
[27:12] | 16 million. That’s 16 million people every day | 一千六百万 每天有一千六百万人 |
[27:15] | who might be setting up a date | 可能要去跟会伤害 |
[27:17] | with someone who’s going to hurt them. | 他们的人约会 |
[27:18] | So you will not tell Dr. Bull it was me, okay? | 所以你不能告诉布尔博士这是我做的 好吗 |
[27:20] | I don’t want him to miss the message | 我不想让他因为讨厌我这个发信者 |
[27:22] | because he’s mad at the messenger. | 而忽略了这些信息本身 |
[27:23] | Just too important. | 这些信息太重要了 |
[27:26] | At a certain point, | 某一刻 |
[27:28] | I just stopped fighting, cause he was bigger than me. | 我停止了挣扎 因为他比我壮 |
[27:30] | It was like I was floating above myself, | 我感觉精神恍惚 |
[27:32] | like I wasn’t even there. | 就像我根本不是我自己 |
[27:34] | And when the assault was over, did you go to the police? | 在遭遇强暴之后 你报警了吗 |
[27:37] | No. Probably should have. | 没有 也许我应该那么做 |
[27:41] | But I couldn’t think. | 但我无法思考 |
[27:43] | I just wanted him off me. Wanted it done. | 我只想他离开我 想结束这一切 |
[27:48] | I ran home. | 我跑回家 |
[27:49] | Took a shower. | 用最热的水 |
[27:51] | Hottest shower. | 洗了个澡 |
[27:54] | I got in bed, I crawled into the covers. | 我躺上床 爬进被子里 |
[27:59] | I just wanted to die. | 我甚至想自杀 |
[28:02] | Your Honor, I would be remiss if I didn’t object on relevance. | 法官 我必须质疑她的证词与案件的相关性 |
[28:06] | Sit down, Ms. Hartman. | 坐下 哈特曼女士 |
[28:08] | You may continue. | 请继续 |
[28:09] | But that’s it really. | 就是这样了 |
[28:11] | By the time I went to the police, | 等到我报警的时候 |
[28:12] | his profile was off the app. | 他已经注销了账号 |
[28:14] | And the people at Spark4U claimed | 并且闪约公司的人声称 |
[28:16] | they had no way of finding him. | 他们无法找到那个人 |
[28:17] | There wasn’t much anybody could do. | 事已至此无能为力了 |
[28:20] | And that’s when you decided to seek Ms. Tomlin, | 因此你决定向被告人汤姆林女士 |
[28:22] | – the defendant? – Yes. | – 寻求帮助了吗 – 是的 |
[28:24] | Um, I had heard from another girl | 我听另一个女孩说 |
[28:26] | that she was writing an article | 她在写一篇关于闪约的报道 |
[28:27] | on Spark4U about the people who use the app, | 揭露使用这个程序的人 |
[28:30] | and about how the company was turning a blind eye | 和公司对性侵行为的 |
[28:34] | to the assaults, so I thought, “I have to share this.” | 无作为 所以我一定要讲出我的经历 |
[28:37] | And this was after you approached the company? | 这是你联系这个公司之后的事吗 |
[28:39] | Well, after the police approached the company, | 是警方调查这个公司之后的事 |
[28:42] | after the police hit a dead end. | 当然 他们什么也没查出来 |
[28:44] | And after I talked to Ms. Tomlin, I took one more shot. | 我和汤姆林女士聊了以后 我决定再努力一次 |
[28:48] | I personally went to Spark4U for help. | 我亲自去闪约公司向他们求助 |
[28:53] | But they didn’t seem very interested. | 但他们并不是很感兴趣 |
[28:55] | They just wanted my word that I would stop going online | 他们只想要我保证 再也不去 |
[28:58] | onto the victims’ forums, | 受害者论坛 |
[29:00] | and that I would stop talking to Ms. Tomlin. | 再也不和汤姆林女士联系 |
[29:02] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[29:08] | I know that signing a nondisclosure agreement | 我知道签了保密协议 |
[29:11] | means you can’t discuss | 就不能再泄露 |
[29:11] | certain things, | 某些事情 |
[29:12] | but am I allowed to discuss the NDA itself? | 但我能不能只说保密协议本身呢 |
[29:14] | Objection, Your Honor! | 反对 法官大人 |
[29:15] | Are you testifying that | 你的意思是 |
[29:17] | – Spark4U had you sign an NDA? – Your Honor? | – 闪约逼迫你签了保密协议吗 – 法官大人 |
[29:19] | – In return for what? – Your Honor! | – 他们以什么为交换条件 – 法官大人 |
[29:21] | They paid me. | 他们给了我钱 |
[29:25] | Marissa, I ever tell you you’re a genius? | 玛丽莎 我有没有告诉过你 你是个天才 |
[29:28] | Oh, wait. That’s right. You’re not here. | 等等 对了 我们没有实时通话 |
[29:31] | Objection! | 反对 |
[29:31] | Your Honor, I request to be heard. | 法官大人 您听到我的意见了吗 |
[29:32] | Order! | 注意秩序 |
[29:34] | Counsel, sidebar. | 律师 请上前 |
[29:35] | Your Honor, Bridget Means signed a binding | 法官大人 布丽奇特·明思和闪约公司 |
[29:38] | nondisclosure agreement as part of a settlement with Spark4U. | 达成了和解协议并签署了有法律约束力的保密协议 |
[29:41] | Now, however much this might frustrate the defense, | 无论这让被告方有多挫败 |
[29:44] | she is not legally allowed | 但她无权在法庭上 |
[29:45] | to discuss her dealings with the company. | 讨论这份保密协议 |
[29:47] | Your Honor, this is a criminal proceeding. | 法官大人 这是刑事诉讼 |
[29:49] | Any civil contract should be voided | 如果有利于法庭了解真相 |
[29:51] | if it’s preventing the court from hearing the truth. | 那么民事合同的权限应该做出退让 |
[29:54] | All well and good, Mr. Colón, but the witness’s dealings | 科隆先生 你说的很对 |
[29:56] | with the company are not on trial at the moment. | 但是证人所签的协议并不是本案受审的内容 |
[29:58] | No, | 没有 |
[30:00] | but they are material in explaining our client’s actions. | 但它是证明我的客户行为正当的重要物证 |
[30:02] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[30:03] | this NDA | 这份保密协定 |
[30:04] | was meant to protect Spark4U from defamation. | 是为了防止闪约受到诽谤 |
[30:07] | This courtroom is closed at Spark4U’s request. | 依照闪约的要求 法庭上的一切都会保密 |
[30:10] | Bridget Means’s testimony | 布丽奇特·明思的证言 |
[30:12] | is not public, and therefore can’t harm the company. | 并不会被公开 所以伤害不到对方公司 |
[30:16] | Dr. Bull makes a very good point. | 布尔博士说得没错 |
[30:19] | I will allow testimony. | 我同意证言在法庭上有效 |
[30:20] | The witness may discuss her settlement and other dealings | 证人可以在法庭上讨论她与闪约 |
[30:24] | with Spark4U. | 达成的协议 |
[30:26] | Good day. | 这是个好日子 |
[30:28] | Important day. | 这是个重要的日子 |
[30:30] | Her idea. | 是她的主意 |
[30:31] | Oh, shucks. You’re making me blush. | 别说了 你都让我脸红了 |
[30:33] | Well, stop blushing. We’re not there yet. | 别脸红了 我们还没成功呢 |
[30:35] | Bridget’s testimony was helpful, | 布丽奇特的证词很有用 |
[30:37] | but it doesn’t disprove the prosecutor’s version of events | 但它并没有推翻控方的证词 |
[30:40] | that Chloe broke into their place of business | 他们说克洛伊闯进了公司 |
[30:42] | to steal proprietary information. | 偷了他们的专有资料 |
[30:44] | Dr. Bull? | 布尔博士 |
[30:45] | Uh, sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断你们 |
[30:48] | but I had a kind of breakthrough. | 但我们有突破性进展了 |
[30:51] | These are | 这些是 |
[30:53] | the printouts of Chloe’s text messages | 克洛伊发给她匿名线人的信息 |
[30:54] | with her anonymous source. | 我打印出来了 |
[30:57] | You got them? | 你找到了 |
[30:58] | Well, how? I thought you said it was impossible. | 怎么找到的 你之前不是说这是不可能的吗 |
[31:01] | Uh, I don’t know what to tell you. | 我也不知道该怎么说 |
[31:03] | I really thought it couldn’t be done, either. | 我也以为是不可能的 |
[31:05] | Turns out I was wrong. | 但我之前错了 |
[31:11] | Well, this is great. | 太棒了 |
[31:13] | All right. | 好了 |
[31:15] | Introduce them into evidence tomorrow. | 明天申请将这些纳入证据 |
[31:16] | This will support our theory that Chloe didn’t break in, | 这能证明克洛伊没有非法闯入 |
[31:19] | someone from Spark4U let her in. | 而是闪约内部有人让她进入的 |
[31:21] | Well, actually, that’s not true, either. | 其实也不是这样的 |
[31:25] | – What do you mean? – I mean, her source | – 什么意思 – 她的匿名线人 |
[31:27] | wasn’t someone inside Spark4U; it was someone with a computer | 并不在闪约工作 他的电脑登记在 |
[31:30] | registered to a company called GoldLark. | 一家叫金雀的公司名下 |
[31:32] | GoldLark? They’re a private security firm. | 金雀是一家私人安保公司 |
[31:35] | Paramilitary, spies, fixers. | 准军事组织 间谍 调停者 |
[31:39] | Why would a whistle-blower | 为什么闪约的 |
[31:41] | from Spark4U hire a private security firm | 内部举报人会雇佣一个安保公司 |
[31:44] | to leak information? | 去泄露信息 |
[31:45] | They wouldn’t. Doesn’t make sense. | 不应该 也不合理 |
[31:49] | But what does make sense… | 但要是… |
[31:55] | What if Chloe’s source wasn’t a source? | 克洛伊的线人并不是真的线人 |
[31:57] | What if Spark4U got wind of Chloe’s story | 闪约发现克洛伊要曝光 |
[32:01] | and hired a fixer from GoldLark | 就从金雀雇佣了一个调停者 |
[32:03] | to impersonate a concerned whistle-blower to entrap her, | 冒充一个内部举报人 来诱捕克洛伊 |
[32:08] | ensure she was caught with trade secrets | 确保她被捕时拿着商业机密 |
[32:09] | so they could get a gag order and lock her up, | 这样他们就可以拿到一个禁言令 并把她关起来 |
[32:12] | keep the story from ever seeing the light of day? | 以确保他们的秘密永远不见天日 |
[32:14] | Wow, that is really dark. | 这个想法真黑暗 |
[32:16] | What kind of a mind thinks that way? | 要什么样的脑子才能想到这些 |
[32:19] | Well, I just did. | 我就想到了 |
[32:22] | So they set her up? | 所以是他们诬陷她 |
[32:23] | Looks that way. | 看来如此 |
[32:26] | And now it’s our job to knock ’em down. | 接下来轮到我们反击了 |
[32:29] | We were able to track the messages from GoldLark | 我们现在能把金雀发的信息 |
[32:32] | to a woman named Jessa Northrop. | 和一个叫洁莎·诺思罗普的女人联系上 |
[32:33] | She’s ex-CIA. Now she works as a fixer. | 她是前中央情报局特工 现在是个调停者 |
[32:36] | My guess is, after she delivered the key card, | 我的猜想是 她把门禁卡送给你后 |
[32:40] | she had Spark4U change the security protocols | 让闪约修改了安全协议 |
[32:42] | so you’d get caught. | 这样你就被抓了 |
[32:43] | So, the numbers were never for the files I wanted. | 所以那些号码和我真正要的文件无关 |
[32:47] | They were always gonna lead me to data | 他们给我的文件 |
[32:48] | that was gonna make it look like I was there to steal ideas. | 只是为了让我看起来像要窃取机密 |
[32:52] | How did I let this happen? I vetted that source for weeks. | 我怎么会中计 我花了好几个星期审查那个线人 |
[32:56] | What did I miss? | 我漏了什么 |
[32:57] | Maybe nothing. | 也许什么都没漏 |
[32:59] | Maybe it was next to impossible. | 也许他们实在太厉害了 |
[33:01] | I mean, my team barely detected the ruse. | 我的团队好不容易才识破他们的诡计 |
[33:04] | And this Jessa Northrop person was clearly being fed | 洁莎·诺思罗普收到的 |
[33:07] | real information from someone within the company. | 才是他们公司的真实信息 |
[33:09] | They were willing to throw me in jail to shut me up? | 他们为了让我闭嘴 要把我关进监狱 |
[33:14] | The good news is we got a subpoena for Jessa Northrop. | 好消息是 我们能传讯洁莎·诺思罗普出庭作证 |
[33:17] | And I’m hoping, after she testifies, | 我希望 有她的作证 |
[33:19] | the jury will start to see that this wasn’t | 陪审员会意识到 |
[33:21] | about a crime you committed. | 你不是在犯罪 |
[33:23] | It was about a cover-up you were trying to expose. | 这一切都是他们在掩饰你即将揭露的内幕 |
[33:27] | Ms. Northrop, do you work | 诺思罗普女士 你是否在 |
[33:29] | for the private security firm, GoldLark? | 金雀私人安保公司工作 |
[33:31] | I do. | 我是 |
[33:32] | Does GoldLark contract out to private companies | 金雀是否接受私人公司的承包 |
[33:35] | in all manner of investigative and intelligence work, | 不惜代价进行调查和情报工作 |
[33:40] | covert and otherwise? | 无论是秘密的还是公开的 |
[33:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:43] | And can you confirm for me | 你可否确认 |
[33:44] | that Spark4U Enterprises | 闪约公司和金雀安保 |
[33:46] | has contracted with GoldLark in the past? | 过去曾有过合同 |
[33:49] | I can’t speak to the past. | 我不能确认过去的事情 |
[33:50] | I only began working there six months ago. | 我六个月前才开始在那工作 |
[33:52] | In the time that you have worked at GoldLark, | 你在金雀工作期间 |
[33:55] | has Spark4U hired you | 闪约是否雇用你 |
[33:57] | to do a job for them? | 为他们工作 |
[34:08] | Your Honor, I’d like | 法官大人 根据 |
[34:09] | to exercise my Fifth Amendment rights | 第五修正案权利 证人不必自证其罪 |
[34:10] | against self-incrimination. | 我拒绝回答 |
[34:11] | Ask another question, Mr. Colón. | 请提出其他问题 科隆先生 |
[34:13] | Ms. Northrop, | 诺思罗普女士 |
[34:15] | did Spark4U hire you to impersonate an employee | 闪约是否雇用你 假装成他们的员工 |
[34:18] | and reach out to my client, | 并联系我的客户 |
[34:20] | Chloe Tomlin, | 克洛伊·汤姆林 |
[34:21] | and convince her to break into Spark4U? | 并说服她闯入闪约公司 |
[34:24] | I plead the Fifth. | 根据第五修正案… |
[34:25] | Is it your intention, ma’am, | 女士 你是打算想 |
[34:27] | to take the Fifth on all further questioning? | 用第五修正案拒绝回答接下来的所有问题吗 |
[34:29] | It is. | 没错 |
[34:30] | Then you’re excused. | 那么你可以离席了 |
[34:41] | We were so close. | 我们就差一点了 |
[34:43] | We got her on the stand. | 我们让她上了证人席 |
[34:45] | The jury knows she’s guilty of something. | 陪审员知道她有问题 |
[34:48] | They just don’t know what. | 只是还不知道是什么问题 |
[34:50] | Unless we can find a way to prove that Chloe was set up, | 除非我们能证明克洛伊是被陷害的 |
[34:53] | to explain what really happened, | 告诉他们真正发生了什么 |
[34:55] | all we’ll have is a jury filled with a lot of | 不然我们的陪审员只能 |
[34:57] | doubt and confusion. | 充满困惑 |
[34:59] | And doubts and confusion won’t keep Chloe out of jail. | 但困惑并不能使克洛伊免除牢狱之灾 |
[35:04] | So, I had a crazy thought. | 所以我有个大胆的想法 |
[35:05] | – Another one? – I just keep thinking | – 又一个 – 我一直在回想 |
[35:07] | about that key card. | 那张门禁卡 |
[35:09] | The one that Chloe used to get into Spark4U. | 克洛伊用来进入闪约总部的那张 |
[35:11] | – What about it? – Well, if her source | – 那又怎样 – 如果她的线人 |
[35:13] | wasn’t an actual Spark4U employee, | 并不是真正的闪约员工 |
[35:16] | how did this fixer get the card? | 那这个调停者又怎么会有这张门禁卡 |
[35:18] | Someone had to give it to her, right? | 肯定是有人给她的 对吧 |
[35:20] | Someone from inside the company. | 而且是公司内部的某个人 |
[35:22] | Marissa. Anyone ever told you you’re a genius? | 玛丽莎 有没有人告诉过你 你真是个天才 |
[35:25] | No. Never. Not once. Not ever. | 没用 从来都没有过 |
[35:32] | Do you solemnly swear or affirm… | 你是否庄严宣誓… |
[35:34] | Like I told you, | 我告诉过你 |
[35:35] | never trust a man in a skinny tie. | 永远不要相信一个打着细领带的人 |
[35:37] | – …to the best of your knowledge? – I do. | – …知无不言言无不尽 – 我愿意 |
[35:45] | Mr. Gatewood. | 盖特伍德先生 |
[35:47] | So, you are the founder | 你是约会程序”闪约”的 |
[35:51] | and CEO of Spark4U, the dating app? | 创始人和首席执行官吗 |
[35:55] | – Yes, I am. – If I may ask, | – 对 我是 – 我好奇的是 |
[35:57] | what’s your company worth at the moment? In round numbers. | 你的公司现在市值大概有多少 |
[36:01] | – In round numbers? – Mm-hmm. | – 大概吗 – 对 |
[36:02] | Our IPO last year was valued at approximately $3.3 billion. | – 我们首次公开募股估值为三十三亿 |
[36:08] | Wow. | 这么多 |
[36:09] | Who-who knew that matchmaking could be so lucrative, huh? | 谁能想到给人做媒也能如此吸金 |
[36:15] | Please keep your musings to yourself, Mr. Colón. | 请不要把你自己的想法说出来 科隆先生 |
[36:18] | I apologize, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官大人 |
[36:20] | Now, Mr. Gatewood, did you know that | 盖特伍德先生 你是否知道 |
[36:23] | the defendant, Chloe Tomlin, was working on a story about | 被告人克洛伊·汤姆林一直在准备一篇报道 |
[36:27] | the alleged cover-up regarding | 来曝光你们公司试图 |
[36:29] | your company’s response to sexual assaults? | 掩盖的性侵行为 |
[36:31] | I did not, but I can assure you | 我不知道 但我可以保证 |
[36:33] | that we take all such incidents very seriously. | 我们对于这类事件都会严肃处理 |
[36:36] | The safety of our users is | 用户的安全 |
[36:38] | the company’s primary concern. | 是我们公司最关注的问题 |
[36:40] | That’s very admirable. | 真令人钦佩 |
[36:45] | Mr. Gatewood, is it true | 盖特伍德先生 在汤姆林女士 |
[36:46] | that your assistant had a new key card made for you | 涉嫌闯入闪约公司的那天 |
[36:50] | on the day that | 你的助理是否为你 |
[36:52] | Ms. Tomlin allegedly broke into Spark4U? | 准备了一张新的门禁卡 |
[36:55] | I… | 我 |
[36:57] | don’t remember the exact date, | 记不清确切的日期了 |
[37:00] | but I do recall losing my security card | 但我确实记得那时候我弄丢了我的卡 |
[37:04] | around that time and needing another one made, yes. | 并且需要一张新卡 是的 |
[37:06] | So, presumably, you’ve been using this replacement card | 据此推测 最近几周你一直用这张新卡 |
[37:08] | to get into your office for the last several weeks, | 来进入你的办公室 |
[37:11] | is that correct? | 对吗 |
[37:12] | I would assume so. | 我想应该是这样 |
[37:13] | I mean, my key card is not something | 我并没有很关注 |
[37:15] | I pay a lot of attention to. | 我的门禁卡 |
[37:17] | It’s a simple question, Mr. Gatewood. Yes or no? | 盖特伍德先生 请你正面回答 是或否 |
[37:26] | Answer the question, Mr. Gatewood. | 回答他的问题 盖特伍德先生 |
[37:29] | No. | 不是 |
[37:31] | I lost the replacement card you’re referring to as well. | 事实上你所说的新卡 |
[37:34] | On the very day I got it, as a matter of fact. | 我拿到手的当天就又弄丢了 |
[37:37] | That’s interesting. | 有点意思 |
[37:39] | Because… | 因为 |
[37:41] | your security department records | 你的安保部门记录表明 |
[37:44] | indicate that no additional key cards | 自从被闯入那天后 |
[37:47] | were made for you since the day of the break-in. | 没有给你办过新的卡 |
[37:52] | So, if you lost your replacement card, | 所以 如果你弄丢了这张新卡 |
[37:55] | then how are you getting into the building? | 你又是怎么进入大楼的呢 |
[37:58] | I’ve been using my assistant’s card. | 我一直用我助理的门禁卡 |
[38:00] | Then how has he or she been getting into the building? | 那你助理又是怎么进入大楼呢 |
[38:06] | I see you’re struggling with this, Mr. Gatewood. | 盖特伍德先生 别再做无谓的挣扎了 |
[38:08] | Let me give you a hand. | 让我帮你一把吧 |
[38:10] | Is it possible that you never actually lost your key card? | 会不会是你压根没有丢掉门禁卡 |
[38:14] | That this replacement card you had made | 而你做的新卡 |
[38:16] | was so that you’d have one to give to Jessa Northrop? | 就是你给洁莎·诺思罗普的那张卡 |
[38:19] | Objection! Your Honor, argumentative. | 法官大人 我方反对 有争议的提问 |
[38:21] | Speculative. And the defense is badgering the witness. | 推测提问 被告这是在干扰证人 |
[38:23] | – So she’d have one… – Mr. Colón! | – 所以她就有一张卡… – 科隆先生 |
[38:25] | …to deliver to my client, | …交给我的客户 |
[38:27] | – who thought… – Mr. Colón! | – 我的客户也就相信 – 科隆先生请你停下 |
[38:28] | She was a whistle-blower, | 她就是内部举报人 |
[38:29] | when, in fact, this was all a plan to incriminate her | 而事实上 这完全就是一个污蔑她的计划 |
[38:32] | – so she could never publish – Mr. Colón! | – 这样她就永远无法发表 – 科隆先生请闭嘴 |
[38:34] | Her damning story about your company? | 关于你公司的那篇该死的报道 |
[38:36] | Mr. Colón! | 科隆先生 |
[38:38] | I will have order. | 请遵守法庭秩序 |
[38:40] | Mr. Colón, you are dangerously close to being in contempt. | 科隆先生 我差点就要治你的蔑视法庭罪 |
[38:44] | Ms. Hartman’s objections are sustained. | 哈特曼女士的反对有效 |
[38:47] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you are to disregard | 各位陪审员 请你们忽略 |
[38:50] | the defense’s assertions. | 被告的主张 |
[38:52] | ‘Cause that works. | 因为我方的主张会有效 |
[38:53] | This is normally the time I ask Marissa back in TAC | 通常这时我会问留守在公司的玛丽莎 |
[38:57] | what the jury is telling us, but… | 镜像陪审团的观点如何 但是… |
[39:00] | …Stevie Wonder could read this jury. | 现在连史提夫·汪达都能看透陪审团的裁决 |
[39:02] | We, the jury, find the accused, Chloe Tomlin, | 陪审团裁决 被告克洛伊·汤姆林 |
[39:06] | not guilty on all counts. | 各项指控罪名无罪 |
[39:08] | Oh. Thank you. | 太感谢了 |
[39:11] | I can’t thank you enough. | 感激不尽 |
[39:13] | I know I talk a big game, but I was terrified of prison. | 我知道我看起来很自信 但我很怕进监狱 |
[39:18] | Glad we could help. | 很高兴我们能帮上忙 |
[39:21] | How do I ever make this up to you? | 我要怎么补偿你 |
[39:23] | How do I ever… repay you? | 我该怎么回报你 |
[39:26] | You publish that article, | 你在一个 |
[39:28] | someplace you feel good about, | 你们相互满意的报刊杂志上 |
[39:30] | someplace that feels good about you, | 发表你的那篇报道 |
[39:32] | and then you write a few thousand more. | 再继续写更多这样的报道 |
[39:35] | Deal. | 没问题 |
[39:42] | There she is. | 你来了 |
[39:43] | Hey. I was reading about everything. | 我刚读完所有的报道 |
[39:46] | It’s pretty exciting, huh? | 很激动人心的一个案子 对吧 |
[39:48] | Thanks for making it happen. | 谢谢你的帮助 |
[39:50] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[39:52] | Actually, I think Chloe has you to thank more than anyone. | 事实上我觉得克洛伊最应该谢谢你 |
[39:56] | If it weren’t for you, TAC would have never gotten involved. | 如果不是你 我们庭审分析公司也不会介入本案 |
[40:00] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[40:01] | Oh, I do. | 我很确定 |
[40:03] | Besides, if you end up deciding to go to NYU, | 另外 如果你最终决定去纽约大学 |
[40:06] | I think you’re staring at an “A” in her class. | 我觉得她一定会给你”A” |
[40:10] | Yeah, well, I haven’t made a decision yet. | 我还没有下决定 |
[40:16] | Listen, I get it. | 我明白 |
[40:19] | I know you’re angry. | 我知道你还在生气 |
[40:21] | And I’m sorry about that. | 我对此也很抱歉 |
[40:24] | I know you don’t agree with the way | 我知道这些年来你对于你母亲和我 |
[40:26] | your mother and I handled things all those years. | 处理事情的方法不满意 |
[40:31] | But… | 但是… |
[40:33] | don’t turn your back on this city, | 不要放弃这个城市 |
[40:36] | on this amazing opportunity, | 这个绝佳的机会 |
[40:39] | on this fantastic university, | 这个难得的大学 |
[40:41] | just because this is where I live. | 就因为我住在这里 |
[40:45] | We can work on things and keep talking. | 我们可以一起解决问题 保持沟通 |
[40:48] | We can not keep talking if your heart is not into it. | 但如果你心里抵触 我们就无法沟通 |
[40:52] | But just don’t close any doors. | 但千万别放弃任何机会 |
[40:54] | Not yet. | 起码现在不要 |
[40:56] | I’m not closing any doors. | 我并没有放弃任何机会 |
[40:58] | And I’m not turning my back on the city. | 我也没放弃这个城市 |
[41:01] | Or NYU. | 或者说纽约大学 |
[41:03] | It’s just… | 只是… |
[41:04] | Mom overnighted me this yesterday. | 妈妈昨天给我快递来了这个 |
[41:07] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[41:12] | Columbia? | 哥伦比亚大学 |
[41:17] | You got accepted at Columbia? | 你也被哥伦比亚大学录取了 |
[41:21] | And another scholarship?! | 还有奖学金 |
[41:24] | Baby, come here. | 宝贝 你真是太棒了 |
[41:27] | I am so proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[41:31] | This doesn’t mean we’re okay. | 这不意味着我们之间没问题了 |
[41:34] | ‘Cause… | 因为… |
[41:36] | I’m coming back to see Columbia next month, | 我下个月会回来看看哥伦比亚大学的校园 |
[41:38] | and I need a place to stay. | 到时我需要一个住所 |
[41:41] | And I find this car and driver very impressive. | 而且我觉得这辆车和司机也很棒 |
[41:47] | I’ll be sure to tell my boss. | 我肯定会告诉我的老板的 |
[41:54] | Good afternoon. I’m your wake-up call. | 下午好 叫醒服务 |
[41:57] | It’s 4:30 in the afternoon. | 现在是下午四点半了 |
[41:59] | Hi, Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 你好 |
[42:01] | You went behind my back once and ended up in jail. | 你曾不听从我的指示 最终进了监狱 |
[42:04] | Why on earth would you think it’s a good idea to do it again? | 为什么你还会这样做呢 |
[42:08] | I’m sorry, I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 不好意思 我不知道你在说什么 |
[42:11] | You’re a very bad liar, Cable. | 凯博 你的说谎能力还有待提升 |
[42:14] | It’s actually one of your more endearing qualities. | 这实际上是你更讨喜的品质之一 |
[42:17] | You figured out how to recover Chloe Tomlin’s text messages, | 你解决了恢复克洛伊·汤姆林聊天信息的难题 |
[42:21] | didn’t you? | 对吧 |
[42:22] | I told him not to tell you. | 我让他不要告诉你 |
[42:24] | He didn’t. But you just did. | 他没告诉我 但你刚刚自己承认了 |
[42:31] | – You want to come back? – Yes. | – 你想回来吗 – 想 |
[42:34] | – You want to think about it a minute? – No. | – 不考虑一下吗 – 不 |
[42:37] | Nice pajamas. | 睡衣挺好看 |
[42:38] | I’ll see you in the morning. | 明早见 |