时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | If you could pick just one day | 如果你能抹除某一天 |
[00:11] | and undo it, make it go away, make it never have happened… | 让这天消失 让它从未发生过… |
[00:16] | … what day would it be? | …你会选择哪一天呢 |
[00:20] | How about our wedding day? | 我们结婚那天怎么样 |
[00:24] | I mean, | 因为 |
[00:25] | that would be a very efficient choice, don’t you think? | 这选择很高效 你不觉得吗 |
[00:28] | Because if you could change that one day, | 因为如果能改变那一天 |
[00:31] | all the other days… the 18 years since… | 那么其他的日子… 从那以后的十八年… |
[00:35] | would just vanish, too. | 也会全部消失 |
[00:39] | Oh, I want to go into the city. | 我想去城里 |
[00:42] | I want to go to the apartment on Madison like we used to. | 我想像以前那样去麦迪逊大街的公寓 |
[00:46] | Spend the weekend in bed | 赖在床上度过周末 |
[00:48] | just ordering food and hold each other. | 点外卖吃 在被窝里拥抱彼此 |
[00:51] | Come on, Rache. You made me sell the place on Madison | 拜托 瑞希尔 十年前是你让我把麦迪逊那房子 |
[00:54] | a decade ago. | 卖掉的 |
[00:56] | And as for spending the weekend in bed, | 说到在床上过周末 |
[00:58] | we got a perfectly good bed here. | 我们这里就有张完美的床 |
[01:01] | And a cook. | 还有个厨子 |
[01:02] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[01:04] | Whole weekend in bed? | 整个周末都在床上过 |
[01:06] | Spending an hour in bed… at least with me… | 在床上待一小时 至少说是和我 |
[01:10] | hasn’t been something you’ve expressed much interest in | 你很久都没有对这件事表现出 |
[01:13] | in a very long time. | 太大的兴趣了 |
[01:17] | And that’s fine. | 这也没关系 |
[01:19] | Although if that’s what you want, I’m… | 尽管如果这就是你想要的 我… |
[01:21] | Do you hate me? | 你恨我吗 |
[01:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:27] | Somebody… | 看来有人… |
[01:29] | has had too much wine. | 喝上头啦 |
[01:31] | I’m too rich to leave, aren’t I? | 我太有钱 你无法跟我离婚 是吗 |
[01:34] | That’s the problem, isn’t it? | 这就是问题 是吗 |
[01:37] | The problem is that when you’re not at work, | 问题在于你下班之后 |
[01:39] | you don’t know what to do with yourself | 并不知道要做什么 |
[01:41] | and so you start drinking at 10:00 in the morning. | 所以早上十点你就开始喝酒 |
[01:43] | That’s not the problem, that’s the solution. | 那不是问题 而是解决方法 |
[01:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:52] | Time for us to go back to shore. | 是时候回岸上了 |
[01:54] | Mm. I don’t want to go in yet. | 嗯 我现在还不想回去 |
[02:03] | Come on. | 来嘛 |
[02:05] | We’ll go back. | 我们回去 |
[02:07] | We’ll take off our clothes and we’ll climb into bed, | 我们脱掉衣服 爬上床 |
[02:09] | just like you wanted. | 如你所愿 |
[02:11] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[02:15] | What’s whose name? | 什么名字 |
[02:16] | The girl in your head. | 你想着的那个女孩 |
[02:19] | The girl you’ll imagine you’re with while you’re with me. | 跟我在一起的时候你想着的那个女孩 |
[02:23] | You are the girl in my head. | 那就是你呀 |
[02:28] | You know what would make me happy? | 你知道什么会让我开心吗 |
[02:33] | It would make me happy to take | 要是能 |
[02:34] | that fire extinguisher | 拿那个灭火器 |
[02:37] | and just… | 拿来… |
[02:38] | smash you on the head with it. | 砸你的脑袋 |
[02:44] | I would enjoy that. | 我会非常享受的 |
[02:51] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[02:54] | You’ve become a monster. | 你成了一个怪物 |
[02:56] | You’ve made me a monster. | 是你让我变的 |
[03:00] | And stop crying. | 而且别再哭了 |
[03:01] | God, I hate you when you cry. | 我的天 你哭的时候我恨死你了 |
[03:03] | You’re such a sniveling nothing of a man! | 你真是个一事无成的鼻涕虫 |
[03:06] | The keys! Where did the keys go? | 钥匙呢 钥匙到哪去了 |
[03:08] | I have the keys. | 我拿了 |
[03:10] | I told you I don’t want to go in yet. | 我说了还不想回去 |
[03:13] | Just come away from the wheel and pour me another drink. | 别呆在舵那边了 再给我倒杯酒吧 |
[03:17] | Good morning and, as always, | 早上好 我们一如既往 |
[03:20] | we thank you for joining us. | 感谢您的收看 |
[03:22] | Have you seen Peter? | 你看见皮特了吗 |
[03:23] | Do you know where Peter might be? | 你知道他可能去哪了吗 |
[03:24] | I haven’t seen him since last night. | 昨天晚上之后我就没见过他了 |
[03:26] | Maybe he’s still sleeping? | 也许还在睡着 |
[03:27] | What’d you do to your wrist? | 你的手怎么了 |
[03:30] | Oh. I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:33] | It’s nothing. | 没事的 |
[03:57] | Pete? | 皮特 |
[03:58] | You awake? | 你醒了吗 |
[04:11] | Peter! | 皮特 |
[04:22] | My friends in the legal world | 我法律界的朋友 |
[04:23] | tell me that if you’re staring at a criminal trial… | 告诉我 如果面临着刑事庭审… |
[04:26] | staring at a jury trial… | 陪审团庭审的话… |
[04:28] | you are the gentlemen they would want by their side. | 您们是绝对要纳入己方的选择 |
[04:31] | Are you staring at a criminal trial? | 那么您面临着刑事审判吗 |
[04:34] | This past weekend | 过去这个周末 |
[04:35] | my husband Peter and I went out on our boat. | 我丈夫皮特和我坐船出海 |
[04:38] | We were drinking. | 我们都喝醉了 |
[04:40] | And fighting. | 吵了架 |
[04:43] | What…When we finally got back to shore | 最后回到岸上的时候 |
[04:45] | it was dark and Peter was… | 天很黑 皮特就… |
[04:48] | not ready to get off the boat. | 没有做好下船准备 |
[04:51] | Intoxicated. | 喝醉了 |
[04:52] | Yes. | 没错 |
[04:53] | I think we both were. | 我觉得我俩都是 |
[04:56] | The last time I saw him | 我最后一次见到他 |
[04:58] | was down below in the sleeping compartment, | 是在船下的睡眠舱 |
[05:01] | which was not unusual for him. | 对他来说并不稀奇 |
[05:02] | Not unusual for us. | 对我们来说也是 |
[05:05] | I docked the boat, went back to the house. Figured | 我把船停好 回家 |
[05:08] | he’d find his way back in | 想着他当晚晚些时候 |
[05:10] | later that night. | 会自己回来 |
[05:13] | When I woke up this morning, | 而我今早醒来的时候 |
[05:15] | I couldn’t find him. | 我没找到他 |
[05:17] | I went down to the boat. He wasn’t there. | 我到船那边去找 他也不在 |
[05:21] | But there was blood. | 但那有血迹 |
[05:25] | Did you call the police? | 您报警了吗 |
[05:27] | They’re still out there. | 他们还在现场 |
[05:28] | Investigating. | 在调查 |
[05:30] | I answered all their questions. | 我回答了他们的所有问题 |
[05:31] | Without a lawyer? | 没有律师在场吗 |
[05:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:35] | Because… | 因为… |
[05:37] | why not? | 有什么呢 |
[05:39] | But I could tell | 但是从他们 |
[05:40] | from the way they were speaking to me, | 跟我说话 |
[05:42] | the way they were looking at me… | 看我的方式中 我能看出… |
[05:43] | That you were a suspect. | 您是嫌疑人 |
[05:45] | So, | 那么 |
[05:47] | you awoke this morning to discover | 您今早醒来 发现 |
[05:48] | that you didn’t know where your husband was. | 您的丈夫不知所踪 |
[05:50] | You called the police. | 您报警了 |
[05:51] | They came to your house. | 警察到您家 |
[05:53] | And then… | 然后… |
[05:55] | you came to work? | 您就来上班了 |
[05:56] | I didn’t know where to go. | 我不知道该去哪 |
[05:59] | I… I wanted to look for him, but where do you look? | 我想过找他 但去哪找呢 |
[06:02] | We… we were on the water. | 我们那时可是在海上 |
[06:04] | I want to believe he’s still alive. | 我愿意相信他还活着 |
[06:08] | But alive where? | 但他在哪呢 |
[06:11] | Other than the fact that you were the last person to see him, | 除了因为您是最后一位见过他的人 |
[06:14] | is there any other reason anyone would have | 警察怀疑您有谋杀行为 |
[06:16] | to suspect you of foul play? | 有无任何别的原因呢 |
[06:20] | Two months ago, we… | 两个月之前 我们… |
[06:22] | threw a party at the lake house. | 在湖边小屋举行了一场派对 |
[06:24] | About a hundred people. | 大约有一百人参加 |
[06:25] | Peter and I got into it. | 皮特和我吵了起来 |
[06:29] | He says I get mean when I drink. | 他说我一喝酒就会变刻薄 |
[06:32] | I do get mean when I drink. | 我确实是这样 |
[06:34] | Apparently, I got loud and really abusive. | 显然当时我开始大吵大闹 恶语相向 |
[06:37] | Really let him have it. | 让他受了一顿骂 |
[06:38] | Everyone saw. | 所有人都看见了 |
[06:40] | Or so I was told. | 至少他们是这样告诉我的 |
[06:43] | Or so you were told. | 是这样告诉您的 |
[06:45] | Do you suffer from blackouts, Mrs. Thomas? | 您醉酒后会断片吗 托马斯女士 |
[06:47] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道那是什么意思 |
[06:49] | I suffer from drinking too much | 我不过是在饮酒过量后 |
[06:51] | and not always remembering everything afterward. | 有时会不记得之后发生了什么事情 |
[06:56] | What happened to your wrist? | 您的手怎么了 |
[06:58] | Oh. Oh, this. | 这个啊 |
[07:00] | I was walking my dog. He took off after a squirrel. | 我在遛狗的时候 它冲出去追松鼠 |
[07:03] | Pulled me down onto the sidewalk with him. I landed on it. | 把我跟它一起拖倒在人行道上了 手着地 |
[07:05] | Bruised it pretty badly. | 伤得挺严重的 |
[07:07] | I’m sorry to interrupt, Mrs. Thomas. | 抱歉插句话 托马斯女士 |
[07:10] | It’s the medical examiner’s office. | 医学监察部门找您 |
[07:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:18] | They found the body down the shore. | 他们在岸边发现了遗体 |
[07:21] | Apparently, he drowned, | 显然是溺水而死 |
[07:23] | but there’s also significant blunt force trauma | 但在颅骨后方并无 |
[07:25] | visible on the back of the skull. | 钝性损伤的痕迹 |
[07:28] | So, here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[07:30] | Almost everybody has had too much to drink | 几乎所有人都或早或晚 |
[07:33] | at one time or another, | 都有过喝多了的时候 |
[07:35] | but this “I don’t remember” | 但对陪审团来说 |
[07:37] | is not going to be an easy sell to a jury | 这句”我不记得”可没法轻易 |
[07:39] | as a defense for murder. | 为谋杀嫌疑辩护 |
[07:42] | We taking the case? | 我们接吗 |
[07:43] | She’s Rachel Thomas. | 她可是瑞希尔·托马斯 |
[07:45] | She’s one of the wealthiest, smartest women | 是纽约最富有 最聪明的 |
[07:47] | in all of New York. | 女性之一啊 |
[07:49] | She manages a hedge fund worth over five billion dollars. | 她手上有超过五百万美元的对冲基金 |
[07:52] | That woman | 她能有 |
[07:54] | did not get to the top by being reckless. | 今天的成就 可不是靠鲁莽得来的 |
[07:57] | She’s one of the brightest minds | 她可以算作是 |
[07:58] | to ever walk the floors of the stock exchange. | 证券交易所有史以来最聪明的人之一 |
[08:00] | You really think the best plan | 你不会真的以为 |
[08:02] | she could come up with to get rid of her husband | 她能想到的 摆脱丈夫的最优解 |
[08:03] | was to hit him on the head and throw him in the lake? | 是敲晕他 把他丢进湖里吧 |
[08:08] | Hell yeah, we’re taking this case. | 这个案子我们接定了 |
[08:19] | But there is nothing to divide. | 但我们没什么可分的 |
[08:22] | There is nothing to buy out. | 没什么好买断的 |
[08:26] | It was my apartment when we got married the first time, | 我们第一次结婚时 这就是我的房子 |
[08:29] | my apartment when we got married the second time, | 第二次结婚时 房子也还是我的 |
[08:31] | and it is still my apartment. | 现在房子仍然是我的 |
[08:33] | This is a civil tone. | 我这样说话已经很客气了 |
[08:35] | This is as civil as my tone gets | 当有人试图 |
[08:37] | when someone is trying to take something of mine | 无理地抢夺我的东西的时候 |
[08:38] | that they have no right to. | 我这样说已经很客气了 |
[08:40] | I have to go now. | 我挂电话了 |
[08:45] | Bull and Benny apologize for not joining, | 布尔和本尼很抱歉 他们现在来不了 |
[08:48] | but they are at a bail hearing for our new client, | 他们正在听新客户的谈话 |
[08:52] | Rachel Thomas, who, moments ago, | 瑞希尔·托马斯 |
[08:52] | was officially charged with second-degree murder. | 她前不久被起诉二级谋杀罪 |
[08:56] | They are convinced that the prosecution | 他们觉得 |
[08:58] | is gonna try to persuade the jury | 整个辩护过程就是要说服陪审团 |
[09:00] | that the marriage was falling apart. | 这段婚姻已经难以维持 |
[09:02] | That Mr. Thomas was being unfaithful, | 是因为托马斯的不忠 |
[09:04] | and that Rachel was enraged | 引发了他妻子的愤怒 |
[09:06] | and killed him in a moment of passion. | 并在一怒之下杀了他 |
[09:08] | – Can they prove any of that? – Well, | – 这些有证据吗 – 呃 |
[09:10] | the first part of it was definitely true. | 他们婚姻的破裂是完全可以证明的 |
[09:12] | The Thomases had enough fights in public | 他俩经常在大庭广众之下吵架 |
[09:15] | that rounding up people to testify to their animus | 收集证人来证明他们婚姻破裂 |
[09:17] | shouldn’t be a problem. | 应该不难 |
[09:19] | The cheating is another matter. | 至于出轨又是另外一回事 |
[09:21] | Rachel is convinced of it, | 瑞希尔很肯定她丈夫出轨了 |
[09:22] | but from what Bull and Benny can surmise, | 但据布尔和本尼推测 |
[09:24] | she doesn’t really have any hard evidence. | 她拿不出实打实的证据 |
[09:27] | – So where does that leave us? – Well, | – 那我们应该做些什么呢 – 额 |
[09:28] | here’s the thing. Peter didn’t know it yet, | 皮特还不知道这件事 |
[09:31] | but Rachel had already retained a divorce lawyer. | 但瑞希尔已经雇了个离婚律师 |
[09:33] | She had already decided to leave him. | 她已经下定决心离开他了 |
[09:35] | So she really had no practical motive to kill him. | 所以她杀他丈夫是没有合理动机的 |
[09:38] | I beg to differ. If she had divorced Peter | 我不同意 如果她和皮特离婚了 |
[09:41] | it would have cost her half her fortune. | 那她得付出一半的家产 |
[09:43] | It wouldn’t have cost her half. They had a prenup. | 不会的 他们不是签订了一个婚前协议吗 |
[09:45] | A very aggressive prenup. Remember? | 很霸道的婚前协议 记得吗 |
[09:47] | Even back when they first married | 他们十八年前结婚的时候 |
[09:49] | 18 years ago, she was a wealthy businesswoman. | 瑞希尔已经是个富有的商人了 |
[09:52] | He was a failed playwright. | 皮特还是个失败的剧作家 |
[09:53] | Here it is. | 在这 |
[09:55] | It even stipulates that if he were caught cheating, | 这里面还规定了 如果他被发现出轨了 |
[09:57] | he would leave the marriage with nothing. | 他将净身出户 |
[09:59] | So then doesn’t it stand to reason | 这不就说明 |
[10:01] | that if we can prove that Peter was actually having an affair | 如果我们能证明皮特确实有外遇 |
[10:04] | and that Rachel knew about it that she had no motive at all? | 且瑞希尔知道 那她是否就没完全有杀人动机了呢 |
[10:07] | The affair would mean | 有外遇就代表 |
[10:09] | she wouldn’t have had to give him a dime. | 她不会给他一分钱 |
[10:11] | When it comes to the jury, | 至于陪审团 |
[10:13] | I think the key is gonna be eliminating | 我觉得关键就是 |
[10:15] | anyone prone to rage bias. | 不要选有愤怒偏见的人 |
[10:17] | Rage bias? | 愤怒偏见 |
[10:18] | What on God’s earth is that? | 这是什么东西 |
[10:20] | People who have rage bias tend to exhibit… | 有愤怒偏见的人会展现出… |
[10:24] | I am so sorry to interrupt. Uh, Bull, | 很抱歉打扰你们 布尔 |
[10:26] | could I just have a word with you outside for a moment? | 能到外面来吗 我跟你说几句话 |
[10:28] | It’ll be very brief. | 就几句 |
[10:34] | What’s so urgent? | 什么事这么急 |
[10:35] | It’s our new client. Our bank just called. | 关于她的 银行刚打来电话 |
[10:37] | The check she wrote for our retainer… | 她刚刚预付的支票 |
[10:39] | it bounced. | 被拒付了 |
[10:40] | Are you sure? Maybe they made a mistake. | 你确定吗 是他们搞错了吧 |
[10:43] | That’s Rachel Thomas. | 那可是瑞希尔·托马斯啊 |
[10:45] | I watched her write the check myself. | 我亲眼看着她开的支票 |
[10:47] | It came from her personal account. | 钱是从她的私人账户里转出来的 |
[10:48] | I’m just telling you what they told me. | 我只是把银行说的话告诉你 |
[10:50] | All right. I’ll handle it. | 好吧 我来解决这件事 |
[10:52] | I’ll find the right moment and I will speak to her. | 我找个机会和她说 |
[10:55] | I am sure it’s just a misunderstanding. | 我相信这就是一场误会 |
[11:00] | Sorry. Where were we? | 抱歉 刚刚我们谈到哪儿了 |
[11:02] | You were explaining rage bias. | 你在解释愤怒偏见 |
[11:04] | Yes. People | 是的 |
[11:05] | with this particular bias believe that those | 带有这种偏见的人认为 |
[11:08] | who let their emotions run away with them | 那些无法控制自己情绪的人 |
[11:10] | are a danger to themselves and others. | 对他人和自己是一种威胁 |
[11:13] | They won’t have any trouble making the leap that | 他们觉得 |
[11:15] | because you are capable of acting out against your husband | 你既然能在一屋子人面前 |
[11:18] | in front of a room full of people | 公然针对你的丈夫 |
[11:21] | that you would also be capable of killing him. | 你也有可能杀了他 |
[11:25] | So w… what do we do about that? | 那我们应该怎么做 |
[11:29] | All right, let’s play “What if.” | 来玩 “如果如何” 吧 |
[11:30] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[11:31] | What if it’s rush hour | 如果正是上下班高峰期 |
[11:33] | and it’s raining? | 还下着雨 |
[11:35] | You’re trying to get a cab, you finally hail one down, | 你想要打个的士 好不容易拦到一辆 |
[11:37] | you’re about to get in when someone rushes past you | 正准备上车时 有个人超过你 |
[11:40] | and tries to steal the cab away from you. | 想要抢在你前面上车 |
[11:43] | What do you do? | 你会怎么做 |
[11:45] | The truth? | 说实话吗 |
[11:46] | I kick, claw, spit, bite and pull the other person’s hair, | 我会踢他 咬他 朝他吐口水 扯他的头发 |
[11:49] | and if that doesn’t work… | 如果这不管用… |
[11:50] | We get the idea. | 这就够了 |
[11:52] | My kind of gal. | 干得好 兄弟 |
[11:54] | Your Honor, this juror is acceptable to the defense. | 法官大人 这名陪审员对防守表示同意 |
[11:57] | And that means we have our jury. | 那么陪审团人选就确定了 |
[11:59] | Let’s break for lunch and then reconvene to hear | 我们先休庭吃午餐 然后回来 |
[12:02] | opening statements | 听开庭辩词 |
[12:03] | and perhaps start calling prosecution witnesses. | 也许需要传讯证人 |
[12:09] | So, what’s your sense? | 你感觉如何 |
[12:10] | My sense is we have a long way to go. | 我感觉这会是场硬仗 |
[12:13] | Benny, would you, uh, go across the street, get us a table? | 本尼 你能去马路对面 帮我们找个空桌子吗 |
[12:16] | We’ll meet you there. | 我们到时在那里汇合 |
[12:20] | Two things. | 两件事 |
[12:24] | Uh, the check you wrote us… | 第一 你写给我们的那张支票 |
[12:26] | the bank returned it. It bounced. | 被银行拒付了 |
[12:28] | Oh, my God. Really? | 我的天 真的吗 |
[12:30] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[12:32] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[12:33] | I… I wrote it on my personal account, | 我是从我的个人账户划钱出去的 |
[12:35] | and I know this is horrifying to hear | 我知道 这话从我这种 |
[12:37] | from someone who does what I do for a living, | 做金融工作的人的嘴里说出来有点吓人 |
[12:39] | – but sometimes I don’t even bother to… – I’m not really | – 但有时候我根本没… – 我其实 |
[12:41] | concerned about it. | 压根不关心这个 |
[12:42] | I know you’re good for it. | 我知道你不是故意的 |
[12:44] | Do you have any idea how upset you just got? | 你知道你刚刚有多沮丧吗 |
[12:47] | Well, it’s… it’s upsetting. It’s embarrassing. I’m… I’m… | 这确实很令人沮丧 也有点尴尬 我… |
[12:50] | Well, it’s nothing compared to what we’re doing here. | 但比起出庭来说 这没什么好紧张的吧 |
[12:52] | We’re… | 我们… |
[12:53] | We’re fighting for your life. | 我们在为你而战 |
[12:55] | We’re fighting for your freedom. | 我们在为你的自由而努力 |
[12:57] | You’re accused of killing a man, and yet you sit here | 你被起诉杀人罪 但你还是坐在这 |
[12:59] | in front of these people who are gonna judge you… | 面对着将要对你品头论足 |
[13:02] | the people who are going to decide your fate… | 并将决定你命运的人 |
[13:04] | and you seem not the least bit upset | 而你看起来完全不为一周多以前 |
[13:07] | that the man you claim you didn’t kill | 你说你没杀 |
[13:09] | was taken from you little more than a week ago. | 但已经死了的丈夫感到伤心 |
[13:12] | You don’t look shocked, you don’t look sad. | 你看起来并不吃惊 也不难过 |
[13:14] | You look like you’re ready to run a board meeting. | 你看起来像是要去开董事会 |
[13:22] | Do you miss him? | 你想念他吗 |
[13:25] | Course I miss him. | 当然了 |
[13:30] | I don’t mean to pry, but what exactly are you writing down? | 我无意打探 但你在写什么呢 |
[13:33] | It’s just a note. | 只是一点笔记 |
[13:35] | Remind myself to do all the things you said: | 提醒我要按你刚刚说的做 |
[13:37] | look sad, look like I’m in shock. | 要变现出悲伤 震惊 |
[13:41] | Shall we go? | 我们走吗 |
[13:46] | Dr. Ortiz, as the Nassau County medical examiner | 奥提兹博士是拿梭县的验尸员 |
[13:49] | who first examined Peter Thomas’ corpse, | 他第一个检查了皮特·托马斯的尸体 |
[13:52] | can you share with us the official cause of death? | 您能告诉我们他的真正死因吗 |
[13:55] | Mm-hmm. Cause of death was determined to be drowning | 死因是耳朵上方的头部颞叶处 |
[13:58] | after blunt force trauma to the left temporal lobe, | 遭受了钝器击打 |
[14:01] | which is part of the head just above the ear. | 然后是溺水 |
[14:04] | And what can you tell us about | 那您能告诉我们 |
[14:06] | Mr. Thomas’ blood alcohol content? | 托马斯先生的血液内酒精含量吗 |
[14:08] | It was quite high… 0.25… | 酒精含量很高 0.25 |
[14:11] | about three times the legal limit. | 大概是法定限额的三倍 |
[14:13] | Now, your report | 你的报告中提到 |
[14:15] | indicates that Mr. Thomas weighed over 200 pounds. | 托马斯先生体重超过两百磅 |
[14:18] | Would the fact that he was so intoxicated have made it harder | 那么他喝的这么醉 |
[14:21] | or easier for a smaller person… let’s say someone | 对于一个稍微瘦一点的人 比如 |
[14:24] | the size of the defendant… | 像被告这样身材的人 |
[14:27] | to overpower Mr. Thomas and then | 想要制服他 |
[14:29] | knock him over the side of the boat? | 并把他敲晕在船边 是更难还是更简单呢 |
[14:31] | Seems to me it’d make it easier. | 在我看来会更容易 |
[14:33] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[14:39] | Remember you told me how much you missed him? | 还记得你告诉我你很想他吗 |
[14:42] | Wouldn’t hurt to wince a bit every time you heard his name. | 你每次听到他名字时 不妨稍微悲伤一下 |
[14:44] | Good afternoon, Dr. Ortiz. | 下午好 奥提兹博士 |
[14:46] | Now, just to recap. | 现在我们回顾一下 |
[14:48] | You are saying you believe | 你说你相信是 |
[14:50] | someone struck Mr. Thomas | 有人打了托马斯先生的 |
[14:53] | in the back of the head, creating… | 后脑勺 造成了… |
[14:55] | What was it you called it? | 叫什么来着 |
[14:57] | Blunt force trauma. | 钝力损伤 |
[14:59] | Exactly. Blunt force trauma. | 没错 钝力损伤 |
[15:01] | And then either dumped or pushed him into the water. | 然后抛尸水中 |
[15:04] | As I said, | 正如我说过的 |
[15:05] | that’s what the evidence seems to suggest. | 从证据上来看貌似是这么回事 |
[15:07] | I see. But you haven’t actually | 我懂了 但你没找到 |
[15:10] | found the object that inflicted this blunt force trauma, | 造成这种钝力损伤的那个物件吧 |
[15:13] | – have you? – No, we have not. | – 你们找到了吗 – 没 我们没找到 |
[15:15] | Then how can you be so sure of the order of events? | 那你怎么确定是这么回事的呢 |
[15:18] | Couldn’t Mr. Thomas, | 难道就不可能是 |
[15:20] | who you already testified was | 你为之作证的这位托马斯先生 |
[15:22] | incredibly intoxicated, simply have lost his balance, | 喝得酩酊大醉 没站稳 |
[15:26] | tumbled off the side of the boat | 跌到船外面 |
[15:28] | and hit his head as he fell in the water? | 掉进水里磕破了头呢 |
[15:31] | Well, that’s certainly a possibility, | 当然也有这种可能性 |
[15:33] | but not nearly as likely, in my opinion. | 但在我看来 远非如此 |
[15:36] | What informed that particular opinion? | 愿闻其详 |
[15:38] | The laceration to the skull appears | 从头骨的挫裂来看 |
[15:41] | as if it would have required a significant amount of force. | 它应该是一种猛烈的力量造成的 |
[15:44] | Doesn’t seem like a fall into the water would get it done. | 不像是掉进水里会形成的创伤 |
[15:47] | What if… another boat was passing by? | 如果当时有另一艘船驶过呢 |
[15:52] | What if Mr. Thomas’s head kept getting smashed | 如果当时托马斯先生的脑袋 |
[15:55] | on the stern of his own vessel over and over again | 随着那艘船的驶过 |
[15:58] | in the wake of the passing boat? | 一直被自己的船尾撞来撞去呢 |
[16:01] | Something wrong with my theory? | 我这种说法没什么纰漏吧 |
[16:03] | Is it any less plausible than your theory, | 至少比你那种 |
[16:07] | which is based on the assumption | 假设我客户老公被某样 |
[16:08] | that my client’s husband was hit | 缺乏证据之物打中的说法 |
[16:10] | with an object no one can prove even exists? | 更有说服力吧 |
[16:12] | He’s very good. | 他说得真好 |
[16:14] | Is the problem | 我的说法 |
[16:15] | with my theory, Dr. Ortiz, is that it makes | 有问题吗 奥提兹医生 我的说法是不是让人觉得 |
[16:19] | Mr. Thomas’ death | 托马斯先生的死因 |
[16:21] | seem more likely the result of a drunken mishap | 更像是醉酒事故 |
[16:25] | rather than homicide? | 而非他杀呢 |
[16:28] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[16:29] | Counsel is testifying. | 律师这是在作证 |
[16:30] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[16:32] | The jury will disregard counselor’s last statements. | 陪审团将无视律师的上一段陈词 |
[16:36] | Ask a question, Counselor. | 请提问 律师 |
[16:38] | Actually, I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 其实 我没有别的问题了 法官大人 |
[16:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:44] | Mr. Colón, | 科隆先生 |
[16:46] | Dr. Bull, Mrs. Thomas, | 布尔博士 科隆先生 |
[16:48] | any way I could borrow your legal counsel for a moment? | 我能占用你的律师几分钟吗 |
[16:51] | There’s something I’d like to show them. | 我想给他们看一样东西 |
[16:53] | We just got these from the Nassau County Police. | 我们刚从拿索郡警局拿到这些东西 |
[16:56] | What are we looking at? | 这是什么 |
[16:58] | It’s a fire extinguisher made especially for use on boats. | 这是个船用灭火器 |
[17:01] | Uh, they found it in the water early this morning about | 他们今早在 |
[17:04] | 300 yards from where they discovered Peter Thomas’ body | 皮特·托马斯尸体的位置274米远处 |
[17:07] | the other day. | 找到了这个 |
[17:09] | Serial number indicates it was purchased by Mr. Thomas | 序列号显示这是托马斯先生 |
[17:12] | about four and a half years ago. | 大约在四年半前买的 |
[17:14] | It’s dented. | 瓶身有凹陷 |
[17:15] | Consistent with the kind of dent you might expect | 符合你能想到的某种情况下 |
[17:18] | if it were used to, say… | 造成的凹陷 比如说… |
[17:20] | Hit someone on the head. | 用这个打别人的头 |
[17:23] | Great minds. | 聪明 |
[17:25] | There was still some blood on it, some brain matter. | 上面还有血迹和一些脑部组织 |
[17:27] | Uh, we’re having everything tested. | 我们正在检测这些物质 |
[17:29] | Uh, of course, it was in the water over a week, | 当然 它已经在水里泡了一星期了 |
[17:31] | so who knows what the tests will show. | 所以不知道能否检测出什么 |
[17:32] | But I wanted you to be the second to know. | 但我们想让你们先知道这个发现 |
[17:45] | Dad. Wake up. | 爸 醒醒 |
[17:47] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[17:49] | Dad? | 爸 |
[17:51] | You can’t just sit in front of my door like this. | 你不能就这么坐在我门口 |
[17:53] | You’re gonna get me in trouble. | 你会给我惹来麻烦 |
[17:54] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:55] | I didn’t intend to fall asleep. | 我没想睡着 |
[18:00] | Been here for hours. | 我在这好几个小时了 |
[18:02] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干什么 |
[18:04] | Well, I called you, like, 300 times. | 我给你打了很多次电话 |
[18:07] | I texted you, like, a million. | 发了无数条短信 |
[18:09] | I came here to talk to you. | 我来这找你面谈 |
[18:13] | To tell you something. | 告诉你一些东西 |
[18:16] | Look, I… I know you’re not gonna believe me, | 我知道你不会相信我 |
[18:19] | but… I have been praying about this, baby. | 但我一直在为此祈祷 宝贝 |
[18:23] | I’ve been reading about it, I’ve been thinking about it. | 我一直在阅读思考相关的东西 |
[18:27] | And Anna, I know, | 安娜 我知道 |
[18:29] | deep in my heart, that this is wrong. | 我从内心深处知道这样不对 |
[18:31] | And I’m gonna keep telling you, | 而且我要不停地告诉你 |
[18:33] | every inch of the way, how wrong I think it is, | 这事一点也不正确 |
[18:36] | because maybe I’ll change your mind. | 因为这也许会改变你的主意 |
[18:40] | But if I can’t change your mind, | 但如果我改变不了你的想法 |
[18:43] | you got to know there’s no way | 你也要知道我不可能 |
[18:46] | I’d let you go through this alone. | 让你一个人经历这些 |
[18:50] | There’s no way I would let you go through any of this | 除非有我陪着你 否则我不会让你 |
[18:53] | without being right there by your side. | 经历这种事 |
[19:04] | I promise you I do not know | 我向你保证我不知道 |
[19:06] | how that fire extinguisher got off the boat and into the water, | 那个灭火器怎么从船上掉进了水里 |
[19:10] | much less with the blood and the… | 更别说那些血迹和… |
[19:13] | …whatever else you said was on it. | 你们说的那些其他东西了 |
[19:15] | They’re telling us | 他们告诉我们 |
[19:16] | that Peter’s blood was all over it. | 上面全是皮特的血迹 |
[19:18] | And your fingerprints. | 还有你的指纹 |
[19:20] | Of course my fingerprints were all over it. | 上面当然有我的指纹 |
[19:22] | It belonged to me. It… it was on my boat. | 那是我家的东西 那是我船上的东西 |
[19:25] | That well may be, | 可能真是这么回事 |
[19:27] | but we can’t be sure a jury is gonna see it that way. | 但我们不保证陪审团会这样想 |
[19:30] | The fire extinguisher is proof | 灭火器就是证据 |
[19:33] | that Peter’s death was no accident. | 证明皮特并非死于意外 |
[19:35] | I had no reason to kill him. | 我没理由杀他 |
[19:37] | But you told us your husband | 但你曾告诉我们 |
[19:39] | was having an affair. | 你老公有外遇 |
[19:41] | But that’s not a reason to kill someone. | 但那不是杀人的理由 |
[19:43] | That’s a reason to divorce someone. | 那是离婚的理由 |
[19:44] | Mrs. Thomas, we know that if your husband | 托马斯女士 我们知道如果 |
[19:47] | had cheated, you would be entitled to a divorce | 你老公偷情 你就有权离婚 |
[19:49] | without any obligation to pay anything. | 并且没义务支付任何费用 |
[19:52] | No alimony, no asset sharing. | 不用支付赡养费 不用分割财产 |
[19:54] | Everything reverts back to you. | 你会拿回一切 |
[19:55] | Exactly. | 对 |
[19:57] | The problem is our investigators | 问题是我们的调查员 |
[19:58] | can find absolutely no evidence of any affair. | 完全找不到婚外情的证据 |
[20:02] | Nothing. | 一点都找不到 |
[20:03] | Not a single text message, not a single phone call, | 一条短信 一个电话记录都没有 |
[20:06] | not a single credit card charge. | 也没有信用卡消费记录 |
[20:08] | There’s just no concrete proof. | 我们没有真凭实据 |
[20:10] | And unfortunately, that does give you motive. | 不幸的是 这反倒给了你动机 |
[20:14] | Gentlemen… and lady, | 先生们… 还有这位女士 |
[20:17] | I am worth just shy of a billion dollars. | 我的身价接近十亿美元 |
[20:21] | Are you suggesting that instead of simply divorcing my husband | 你们言下之意是说比起轻松地离婚 |
[20:24] | and living off a mere half a billion, | 拿走五亿美元过日子 |
[20:27] | I would choose to kill him? | 我反倒宁愿杀了他吗 |
[20:30] | Really? Does… | 真的吗 |
[20:31] | does that make sense to anyone? | 没人觉得这样合理吧 |
[20:36] | The People would like to call Helen Potter. | 请海伦·伯特出庭 |
[20:40] | Who’s Helen Potter? | 海伦·伯特是谁 |
[20:42] | Helen Potter… she’s your neighbor. | 海伦·伯特… 她是你邻居 |
[20:46] | How do you know the Thomases, | 你怎么认识的托马斯一家呢 |
[20:47] | Ms. Potter? | 伯特女士 |
[20:49] | We live about three houses apart. | 我们家和他家隔了三栋房子 |
[20:51] | Uh, I’m a full-timer. | 我全年住那 |
[20:53] | It means I live there all the time. Uh, | 意思是说我一直住在那里 |
[20:55] | they’re up weekends and holidays. | 他家只是周末和假期才来住 |
[20:58] | I guess you could say we’re neighbors. | 我猜你可以说我们算是邻居 |
[20:59] | And your home, like their home, | 你家就像他家一样 |
[21:01] | sits on the lake and looks out on the water, | 坐落于湖边 瞭望水面 |
[21:03] | giving you a clear view of their dock, their boat, | 所以你能看清楚他家的码头和船 |
[21:06] | – a good portion of the lake itself? – Yes. | – 以及一大部分湖面吧 – 是的 |
[21:09] | What did you see on the date in question? | 事发当天你看见了什么 |
[21:12] | I saw Rachel and Peter go out in the boat | 我看到瑞希尔和皮特 |
[21:14] | at around 11:00 in the morning. | 在上午十一点左右乘船出游 |
[21:16] | Uh, but that night, when the boat returned, | 但那天夜里 那艘船回来时 |
[21:18] | I only saw Rachel. | 我只看到了瑞希尔 |
[21:20] | And I-I didn’t see Peter at all. | 根本没看见皮特 |
[21:23] | And were you aware of any friction | 你知道你邻居的 |
[21:25] | in your neighbor’s marriage? | 婚姻关系不好吗 |
[21:28] | I think everyone | 我想那片社区 |
[21:30] | who lived in the neighborhood was aware there was friction. | 都知道他们夫妻不和 |
[21:32] | Can you give the court an example? | 你能在法庭上举个例子吗 |
[21:35] | Well, this year they threw a party for Labor Day. | 今年他们劳动节举办了派对 |
[21:38] | All the neighbors were there. | 邻居们都在 |
[21:40] | And Rachel started a fight with Peter | 然后瑞希尔和皮特 |
[21:42] | over the fact that he was talking to other women. | 因为他和别的女人说话吵了起来 |
[21:44] | At one point talking to me. | 他也有和我对话 |
[21:46] | H-He tried to calm her. | 他 他试图让她冷静 |
[21:47] | But he couldn’t. | 但没成功 |
[21:49] | She was yelling at him. | 她冲他大吼大叫 |
[21:50] | Cursing at him. | 骂他 |
[21:52] | I was embarrassed for him. | 我为他感到尴尬 |
[21:58] | So other than the fact that your house | 除了你的房子 |
[22:01] | is three houses away from her house, | 和他们的房子之间隔着三栋房子之外 |
[22:04] | how well would you say you know Mrs. Thomas? | 你认为你有多了解托马斯女士 |
[22:07] | Excuse me? | 不好意思 |
[22:08] | I-I’m not sure I understand the question. | 我 我不太明白问题 |
[22:10] | Well, I was listening to your testimony, | 我听了你的证词 |
[22:13] | and it sounded like you know the Thomases quite well. | 听起来你很了解托马斯一家 |
[22:16] | So… | 所以… |
[22:17] | how much time would you say you’ve spent with the Thomases? | 你你和他们待在一起的时间有多长呢 |
[22:21] | Well, I mean… | 我是说… |
[22:23] | they have a Labor Day party every year. | 他们每年都在劳动节办派对 |
[22:26] | Ever been to dinner with them? | 去他们家吃过晚饭吗 |
[22:28] | No. | 没有 |
[22:29] | So, clearly, you’ve been to their house for their parties, | 很明显 你参加了他们家的派对 |
[22:32] | has Mrs. Thomas ever been to yours? | 托马斯女士参加过你的吗 |
[22:35] | No. | 没有 |
[22:37] | Ah. I see. | 好的 |
[22:39] | And how about Mr. Thomas? | 那托马斯先生呢 |
[22:44] | Oh, that’s okay. That’s all right. | 没关系 没关系 |
[22:46] | Let me ask a different question. Now, you mentioned | 我再换个问题 你提到 |
[22:49] | that on the night in question, | 那晚的事情 |
[22:51] | you only saw Mrs. Thomas | 你只看到托马斯女士 |
[22:53] | leave the boat. Is that correct? | 离开船 是吗 |
[22:54] | Yes. Mr. Thomas was nowhere to be seen. | 是的 没有看到托马斯先生 |
[22:58] | But I’m sure you’re aware that Mrs. Thomas explained | 但你应该知道托马斯女士 |
[23:01] | to the police, to the best of her knowledge, | 与警方说 据她所了解 |
[23:03] | that Mr. Thomas was in the sleeping compartment. | 托马斯先生在卧铺那里 |
[23:06] | Okay. I’m just not sure I believe that. | 好吧 我只是不太相信 |
[23:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[23:11] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[23:12] | Because every time they went out on the boat, | 因为每次他们出海 |
[23:14] | it was always Peter who docked it. | 都是皮特停船 |
[23:16] | Even if he ended up sleeping on the boat. | 即使他在船上过夜也是 |
[23:18] | He always tied it up. | 他总会把船绑好 |
[23:20] | That was just… his thing. | 那是… 他的习惯 |
[23:23] | Really? Every single time? | 是吗 每次吗 |
[23:25] | Ha! Wow. For someone who… hadn’t really spent | 哇 作为一个… 和他们 |
[23:30] | a lot of time with them, you certainly know a lot | 没怎么待过的人 你知道很多 |
[23:32] | about the Thomases and their habits. | 他们的习惯嘛 |
[23:34] | – How is that? – Objection. | – 怎么会这样呢 – 反对 |
[23:36] | Counsel is badgering the witness. | 律师在骚扰证人 |
[23:38] | Ms. Potter is not the one on trial here. | 伯特女士不是被审判的人 |
[23:40] | Your Honor, I’m not trying to badger anyone. | 法官大人 我没有试图骚扰证人 |
[23:42] | I’m just trying to understand how Ms. Potter | 我是在试图理解伯特女士 |
[23:45] | came to her conclusions when she seems to have had | 是怎么在和我的客户接触很少的情况下 |
[23:48] | very little contact with my client. | 得到她的这些结论的 |
[23:52] | Objection overruled. Witness will answer the question. | 反对驳回 证人请回答问题 |
[23:55] | That-That’s all right. That’s all right. | 没关系 没关系 |
[23:57] | Let me come at this a different way. | 我再换种方式 |
[23:58] | Ms. Potter, on any given night, how often do you check | 伯特女士 随便一晚 你查看 |
[24:02] | whether the Thomases’ boat is at their dock? | 他家船是否归岸的频率有多高呢 |
[24:05] | I mean, it… | 我是说… |
[24:06] | seems like you check quite a bit. | 这频繁应该不低啊 |
[24:08] | Wh… It’s not that I check. | 什… 不是我查看 |
[24:11] | I… I can see it from my house. | 我只是从我的房子能看到 |
[24:13] | It’s just something I notice. | 恰巧注意到了而已 |
[24:14] | Mm. Well, forgive me, | 不好意思 |
[24:16] | but isn’t that a little curious, | 但这不会有点奇怪吗 |
[24:18] | considering you live three houses down? | 你和他们家隔着三栋房子呢 |
[24:22] | I mean, could you see their dock | 我是说 你在你房子的 |
[24:24] | from every vantage point of your home? | 每个角度都能看到他们的码头吗 |
[24:26] | No. Not every vantage point. | 不 不是每个角度 |
[24:31] | But-But I can see it very clearly from my upper deck. | 但是在楼上露台能看得很清楚 |
[24:33] | So how does that work? Do you just | 这是为什么呢 你是 |
[24:36] | sit in your upper deck all day, | 每天坐在楼上露台 |
[24:38] | watching whether Peter or Rachel | 看着皮特或者瑞希尔 |
[24:41] | dock the boat that evening? | 晚上停不停船吗 |
[24:43] | I mean, that is a little peculiar, wouldn’t you say? | 这有点诡异啊 是不是 |
[24:44] | Objection. | 反对 |
[24:46] | Uh, Your Honor, counsel is badgering once again. | 法官大人 律师再次骚扰证人 |
[24:49] | Sustained. | 有效 |
[24:50] | Tread lightly, Mr. Colon. | 小心询问 科隆先生 |
[24:52] | Ms. Potter, you testified | 伯特女士 你作证 |
[24:54] | that Mrs. Thomas | 说托马斯女士 |
[24:56] | had never been to your house. | 没有来过你家 |
[24:58] | How about Mr. Thomas? | 那么托马斯先生呢 |
[24:59] | And let me remind you you are still under oath. | 我提醒你一下你依然属于法庭宣誓的状态 |
[25:04] | He… may have. | 他… 可能来过 |
[25:07] | May have? | 可能来过吗 |
[25:11] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:12] | I need a yes or a no. | 我需要你回答是或者不是 |
[25:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:18] | Well… | 那么… |
[25:20] | that changes things a bit, doesn’t it? | 这对事情有点改变 不是吗 |
[25:24] | Could you please tell the court | 你能告诉法庭 |
[25:26] | what Mr. Thomas was doing at your house? | 托马斯先生去你的房子做什么吗 |
[25:27] | I don’t know what you’re suggesting, | 我不知道你在暗示什么 |
[25:29] | but Peter and I were just neighbors. | 但是皮特和我只是邻居 |
[25:31] | I wasn’t suggesting anything, Ms. Potter. | 我没暗示任何事 伯特女士 |
[25:35] | But given where your mind went, | 但是既然你想到了那个方向 |
[25:36] | it tells me everything I need to know. | 这就足够了 |
[25:38] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 争论性推测 |
[25:39] | – Sustained. – I apologize, | – 有效 – 我道歉 |
[25:41] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[25:43] | But if it pleases the court, I just have one more question. | 遵从法庭 我只有一个问题了 |
[25:46] | So, clearly… | 很明显… |
[25:48] | you made it your business | 你把关注皮特的 |
[25:49] | to keep an eye on Peter’s comings and goings. | 一举一动当做你的义务一样 |
[25:53] | So did you, by any chance, | 所以 有没有可能 |
[25:55] | go down to the Thomases’ boat | 你在看到瑞希尔 |
[25:58] | to check on your neighbor | 那晚停好船离开后 |
[26:00] | when you saw that Rachel docked it | 下楼去了托马斯的船那里 |
[26:02] | and went up to her house that night? | 去问候你的邻居呢 |
[26:04] | Perhaps get into a fight with him | 或许你和他因为 |
[26:06] | over his refusal to leave his wife? | 他拒绝离开自己的妻子而吵了起来呢 |
[26:08] | No! | 不 |
[26:09] | Objection. No foundation. | 反对 没有根据 |
[26:11] | Sustained. Mr. Colon. | 有效 科隆先生 |
[26:13] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 我道歉 法官大人 |
[26:15] | I have no further questions. | 我没有其他问题了 |
[26:23] | And what brings you to Nassau County? | 你怎么来的 |
[26:25] | The train. | 火车 |
[26:27] | I just felt funny e-mailing or texting you this. | 我觉得给你发邮件或者短信不太合适 |
[26:30] | What am I looking at here? | 这是什么 |
[26:31] | It’s a death certificate. | 死亡证明 |
[26:33] | A veterinary death certificate. | 兽医死亡证明 |
[26:36] | Remember how Rachel told you she hurt her wrist | 还记得瑞希尔跟你说她遛狗时 |
[26:38] | while she was walking her dog? | 伤了手腕吗 |
[26:40] | Rachel’s dog was put down about a year ago. | 瑞希尔的狗一年前就被安乐死了 |
[26:42] | And, according to the vet, she never got a new one. | 根据兽医所说 她没有再养新的狗 |
[26:45] | She lied. | 她撒谎了 |
[26:52] | You ever wonder about our client? | 你有好奇过她的那些说法吗 |
[26:55] | The way she has such a tenuous grasp on her memory? | 她的记忆为什么那么模糊 |
[26:59] | The way she can’t remember what happened | 她记不起和皮特在船上 |
[27:01] | after her fight with Peter on the boat? | 吵架之后发生了什么 |
[27:06] | It’s like I said from the very beginning… | 就像我一开始说的… |
[27:08] | seems like a very convenient lapse. | 感觉她的失忆过于巧合 |
[27:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:13] | But it’s not isolated. | 但不止这一次 |
[27:15] | Today, she did not recognize her neighbor at first. | 今天 她一开始没有认出邻居 |
[27:18] | Had no idea who she was. | 不知道她是谁 |
[27:21] | And now Danny tells me her dog, | 丹尼又告诉我她的狗的事 |
[27:23] | the one who yanked her to the ground… | 那个把她拉到地上的… |
[27:24] | it’s how she hurt her wrist… | 导致她伤到手腕的… |
[27:27] | dog’s been dead for a year. | 那条狗死了一年了 |
[27:30] | – That’s weird. – Mm. | – 这很奇怪 – 嗯 |
[27:35] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[27:36] | Mrs. Thomas. | 托马斯女士 |
[27:38] | Anything new on my neighbor? | 关于我邻居有什么进展吗 |
[27:40] | Her prints show up on the fire extinguisher, perhaps? | 灭火器上或许有她的指纹了 |
[27:42] | They did not. | 没有 |
[27:44] | Your neighbor actually has a rock-solid alibi. | 你的邻居有完美的不在场证明 |
[27:47] | And she voluntarily turned over her home security DVR | 她主动交出了家里的监控录像 |
[27:50] | and it clearly shows that she was home all day | 很明显你和你丈夫在船上的时候 |
[27:53] | and all night while you and your husband were on the boat, | 她从早到晚都在家 |
[27:55] | but that’s not what I wanted to discuss with you. | 但这不是我想和你谈的问题 |
[28:01] | Do you know what early-onset Alzheimer’s is? | 你知道早发性阿尔茨海默症吗 |
[28:13] | Anyone out there in the hall right behind me? | 有人在我后面的走廊吗 |
[28:18] | No. | 没有 |
[28:19] | This room is soundproof, but I wouldn’t want anyone | 这个房间是隔音的 但我不想让任何人 |
[28:21] | to read my lips. | 读我的唇语 |
[28:24] | Yes. I’m familiar. | 是的 我知道 |
[28:27] | It’s a kind of dementia. | 是一种痴呆症 |
[28:29] | 50 million people have it. | 有五千万人患这个病 |
[28:32] | When I flew to Britain two and a half years ago | 两年半前我飞到英国 |
[28:35] | to be tested under a pseudonym, | 以假名接受检查 |
[28:37] | they said mine was mild. | 他们说我的症状很轻 |
[28:39] | Mild, moderate, severe… those are the stages. | 轻度 中度 重度… 就这么一步步恶化 |
[28:43] | I was told mine would surely move | 我被告知我的症状 |
[28:45] | to moderate at some point, | 迟早会恶化到中度 |
[28:46] | but it was impossible to say when. | 但说不准是什么时候 |
[28:49] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:52] | You understand that if my board of directors | 你懂的 如果我的董事会 |
[28:54] | know about my diagnosis, | 知道了我的症状 |
[28:56] | I will be fired from my own company. | 我会被自己的公司开除的 |
[28:59] | You’ve known all along. | 你一直都知道这些 |
[29:01] | That’s why you write things down in those notebooks. | 所以你才把东西都写在笔记本上 |
[29:05] | You want to make sure nothing gets away from you. | 你想要确保没有遗漏 |
[29:10] | You get used to being the sharpest mind in the room, | 习惯了拥有人群里最敏锐的头脑 |
[29:13] | and when that mind no longer cooperates, | 于是当脑子不是很配合的时候 |
[29:15] | you develop tricks. | 小把戏就上场了 |
[29:18] | Well… for quite a while you had me fooled, | 好吧 这段时间内你确实骗过了我 |
[29:22] | and I’m a trained psychologist. | 我可是一名训练有素的心理学家 |
[29:25] | I know you mean that as some sort of compliment, but… | 我知道你这么说也算是某种赞赏 但是… |
[29:28] | I’ve lived my whole life working, building, | 我这一辈子都在工作 打造 |
[29:32] | trying to create a legacy, | 试图留下点东西 |
[29:34] | trying to be someone people will remember. | 想要成为一个被大家记住的人 |
[29:37] | Then you wake up one day to discover | 然后某一天你醒来发现 |
[29:38] | you won’t even remember yourself. | 你根本不记得自己是谁 |
[29:44] | I don’t have close friends, never had kids. | 我没有亲近的朋友 从未有过孩子 |
[29:47] | Barely know my nieces and nephews. | 也几乎不认识我的侄子侄女 |
[29:50] | I’m always working. | 我总是在工作 |
[29:51] | My husband, the one person | 我的丈夫 唯一一个 |
[29:53] | I had any true connection to is… | 和我有真正联系的人却… |
[29:56] | One of the hallmarks of this disease | 这种疾病的标志之一 |
[29:58] | is that people become aggressive. | 就是人会变得脾气暴躁 |
[30:00] | They have episodes of violence | 他们会做出暴力行为 |
[30:02] | that are totally out of character. | 和性格完全不符的那种 |
[30:06] | Are you suggesting I might have killed Peter? | 你是在说有可能是我杀了皮特吗 |
[30:09] | I think it’s certainly a possibility. | 我想这种可能无法排除 |
[30:12] | And knowing what I know now, | 而且就我目前所知 |
[30:15] | I’m considering making your disease | 我在考虑让你的病情 |
[30:17] | a cornerstone of our defense. | 成为我们辩护的基础 |
[30:19] | You should change your plea | 你应该将你无罪辩诉的 |
[30:21] | to not guilty by reason of insanity. | 原因改为精神错乱 |
[30:25] | You have an opinion about that? | 你对此有意见吗 |
[30:28] | Would you and your company | 你和你的公司 |
[30:29] | like to continue on as my legal team? | 还想继续做我的律师团吗 |
[30:31] | Very much. | 乐意之至 |
[30:32] | Then you would do well to forget everything you said here | 那你就得忘了今早在这里所说的一切 |
[30:35] | this morning, most especially that last suggestion. | 尤其是最后这条建议 |
[30:39] | Do we understand each other? | 我们达成共识了吗 |
[30:42] | Perfectly. | 百分之百 |
[30:45] | I’ll see you in court tomorrow. | 那明天法庭见 |
[30:47] | See you in court. | 法庭见 |
[30:54] | We have the now-famous fire extinguisher. | 这个是现在名声大噪的灭火器 |
[30:56] | With blood, bits of skull and brain matter. | 带着血迹 一点头骨和脑浆 |
[31:00] | Does anyone know when lunch is getting here? | 谁知道午饭啥时候到吗 |
[31:02] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[31:03] | You know we were all thinking it. | 你知道我们满脑子都是这件事 |
[31:04] | Shattered wine glass. | 碎裂的酒杯 |
[31:06] | One unshattered wine glass. | 一个没碎的酒杯 |
[31:08] | Two empty bottles of wine. | 两个空酒瓶 |
[31:11] | One empty bottle of scotch. | 一瓶空了的苏格兰威士忌 |
[31:13] | And last but not least… | 最后最重要的… |
[31:16] | …A plastic bag inside a plastic bag. | …一个塑料袋里的塑料袋 |
[31:19] | Looks like one of those bags you get | 看起来就像你从 |
[31:21] | from the fruit and vegetable aisle. | 水果蔬菜架上拿到的那种 |
[31:22] | That doesn’t make any sense. It has, uh, | 根本就说不通 这上面有 |
[31:24] | traces of lime, lipstick, | 石灰的痕迹 口红 |
[31:26] | an eyelash… and sputum. | 一根睫毛和痰液 |
[31:29] | Really? | 是吗 |
[31:32] | Whose sputum? | 谁的痰液 |
[31:33] | According to this, Rachel’s sputum. | 这上面写是瑞希尔的 |
[31:40] | You wanted to see me before court this morning. | 你想在今早开庭前见我 |
[31:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[31:45] | I think we have a good shot at accomplishing our goals here. | 我觉得我们达成目标的机率不小 |
[31:48] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[31:50] | When this is over… when we prevail… | 等这一切结束了 等我们胜诉 |
[31:54] | I need you to promise me | 我要你跟我保证 |
[31:56] | you will resign. | 你会辞职 |
[31:58] | You’re entitled to your privacy, | 你的隐私不会被泄露 |
[32:00] | but people pay you for your judgment. | 但人们雇佣你是因为你能做判断 |
[32:02] | And to the extent that’s compromised… | 考虑到这点打折扣的程度… |
[32:04] | And if I say no? | 如果我拒绝呢 |
[32:05] | Then I’ll withdraw from the case. | 那我就退出这个案子 |
[32:07] | Benny can’t. Judge won’t allow it. | 本尼不能退 法官不会准 |
[32:09] | But I’m the one calling the shots. | 但我才是最后敲板的人 |
[32:13] | And without me, I’d say | 没有我的话 |
[32:14] | you’re looking at no less than 20 years in prison. | 你就等着蹲至少二十年的监狱吧 |
[32:20] | You’re a wealthy woman, Rachel. | 你那么富有 瑞希尔 |
[32:23] | For God’s sake, | 看在上帝的份上 |
[32:25] | own your destiny. | 掌控自己的命运吧 |
[32:27] | Don’t let it own you. | 别让自己被命运摆弄 |
[32:29] | Resign with dignity. | 有尊严地辞职 |
[32:32] | If you don’t, | 如果你不这样 |
[32:33] | if… | 就算… |
[32:35] | you manage to get away with no jail time, | 你成功逃脱了牢狱之灾 |
[32:38] | the truth about your condition will leak out. | 你得病的事迟早会传出去 |
[32:41] | It always does. And you’ll be fired. | 逃不了的 那时候你会被开除 |
[32:43] | And sued. | 以及起诉 |
[32:44] | And everything you have spent all this time building | 你花这么长时间打造的这一切 |
[32:47] | will have been for naught. | 都将化为乌有 |
[32:49] | Dr. Miller, | 米勒博士 |
[32:51] | if you could please explain to the jury exactly who you are | 你可否向陪审团陈述你的身份 |
[32:54] | and what it is you do. | 和你的职业 |
[32:56] | I am a doctor of forensic science. | 我是一名法医学博士 |
[32:58] | I worked for the Nassau County Police Department for 25 years. | 我在拿梭县警察局工作二十五年了 |
[33:02] | I led their forensic unit | 其中我领导法医小组 |
[33:04] | for 15 of those. | 有十五年 |
[33:07] | Then I retired | 然后我退休了 |
[33:09] | and opened up my own private shop | 开了自己的私人店 |
[33:11] | about five years ago, | 大概在五年前 |
[33:13] | and I haven’t had a day off since. | 自此再无一日休息 |
[33:16] | Now, when you say you opened up your own private shop, | 你说你开了自己的私人店 |
[33:18] | can you please explain the nature of your work. | 可否解释一下是什么类型的工作 |
[33:21] | The short version is I analyze | 简单来说就是我分析 |
[33:23] | all the elements of a given crime scene | 一个给定犯罪场景的所有元素 |
[33:26] | in an attempt to create | 以试图勾勒出 |
[33:29] | a likely picture of what actually happened. | 实际案发的可能性 |
[33:31] | The order of events. | 事件的顺序 |
[33:33] | Why it happened. | 事件发生的原因 |
[33:35] | I like to think of myself | 我倾向于将自己称为 |
[33:37] | as a criminal puzzle solver. | 犯罪案解密者 |
[33:39] | Ah. Excellent. | 真厉害 |
[33:41] | And did you have occasion | 那你是否碰巧 |
[33:42] | to review the evidence in our case? | 检查过本案的证据 |
[33:45] | Just came from the evidence locker. | 我刚从证物室过来 |
[33:46] | I believe I’ve seen all of it. | 我想我都看过 |
[33:48] | Now, this plastic bag | 那么 这个塑料袋 |
[33:52] | that you and the jury are seeing on the monitor… | 你和陪审团在屏幕上看到的这个… |
[33:54] | that was recovered from the crime scene, | 是从案发现场取证回来的 |
[33:56] | – was it not? – Yes, sir. | – 不是吗 – 是的 先生 |
[33:58] | Recovered, tagged and entered into evidence. | 取回 标记 然后录入证据 |
[34:00] | And you believe this plastic bag is of enormous significance, | 你认为这个塑料袋意义重大 |
[34:04] | – don’t you? – I do. | – 是吗 – 是的 |
[34:05] | It was recovered from the boat | 它是从船上取回的 |
[34:07] | on the port side | 靠岸这边 |
[34:09] | near where the prosecution believes that the struggle | 靠近检方认为的 |
[34:12] | between the defendant and Peter Thomas took place. | 被告和皮特·托马斯发生争执的地点 |
[34:16] | And why are we just hearing about this bag now? | 那为什么我们现在才注意到这个袋子呢 |
[34:19] | Well, I can’t answer that. But it appears | 我不能确定 但看起来 |
[34:21] | that even though the bag was submitted for lab testing, | 虽然这个袋子已被提交给实验室检测 |
[34:25] | nobody drilled down on the results | 却没有人去推敲它的检测结果 |
[34:28] | because a plastic produce bag | 因为这个塑料制品袋 |
[34:31] | didn’t figure into the narrative that police had come up with. | 不符合警察刚得出的推断 |
[34:34] | But you | 但是你 |
[34:35] | have drilled down on the lab results. | 推敲了实验室结果 |
[34:37] | And what did they reveal? | 那说明了什么呢 |
[34:39] | They reveal that the bag contained, | 结果显示袋子里包含的东西 |
[34:41] | in addition to lime remnants, | 除了石灰残留物 |
[34:43] | smeared traces of lipstick, | 抹花的口红痕迹 |
[34:46] | sunscreen, an eyelash | 防晒霜 一根睫毛 |
[34:48] | and a significant amount of sputum. | 还有大量的痰液 |
[34:50] | I see. | 好的 |
[34:51] | And can you please explain to the jury | 能请你向陪审团解释一下 |
[34:54] | what sputum is, | 是什么样的痰吗 |
[34:55] | in layman’s terms. | 用非专业术语 |
[34:57] | It’s a combination of mucus, saliva and blood | 是一种粘液 唾液和血液的混合物 |
[35:00] | usually coughed up from the lower airways. | 通常从下呼吸道被咳出 |
[35:03] | And did you conduct | 那你是否进行 |
[35:05] | a DNA comparison to determine the origin of the sputum? | DNA比对以确定痰的来源呢 |
[35:08] | I didn’t have to. The police did, and it belonged | 我不必这样做 警方比对了 它来自于 |
[35:11] | to the defendant, Rachel Thomas. | 被告瑞希尔·托马斯 |
[35:14] | And based on your knowledge and experience, | 基于你的知识和经验 |
[35:16] | how do you explain the presence of her sputum in the bag? | 该如何解释她出现在袋子里的痰液 |
[35:20] | Well, | 好吧 |
[35:21] | it seems to be the by-product of a physical struggle | 这应该是身体发力时的伴生产物 |
[35:25] | of the kind that might arise | 当有人用塑料袋 |
[35:26] | if someone had placed the bag | 套住托马斯女士的头部 |
[35:29] | over Mrs. Thomas’ head | 打算闷死她的时候 |
[35:31] | in an attempt to suffocate her. | 就有可能产生这种物质 |
[35:33] | Quiet, please. | 请安静 |
[35:35] | Don’t force me to clear the courtroom. | 否则我不得不清空旁听席 |
[35:36] | He tried to kill me? | 原来是他想杀我 |
[35:38] | I believe so. | 我觉得是的 |
[35:43] | Your witness. | 该你了 |
[35:50] | Dr. Miller, | 米勒博士 |
[35:52] | everything you just described… | 你刚说的这些… |
[35:55] | it’s really just a guess, isn’t it? | 其实都是猜测 对吧 |
[35:57] | I mean, you have no way of knowing that’s what happened. | 就是说你并无法确知究竟发生了什么 |
[36:01] | Knowing? Well, of course not. | 确知 当然不能 |
[36:03] | There were no eyewitnesses, | 没有目击者 |
[36:05] | and the defendant doesn’t remember what happened. | 被告也什么都不记得了 |
[36:08] | A yes or no, please. | 请简单说是或不是 |
[36:11] | Yes, I have no way of knowing. | 是的 我无法确知 |
[36:13] | All I can do is apply everything I’ve learned, | 我只是将我的一切所学 |
[36:17] | everything I know, and combine that | 以及所掌握的一切情况 |
[36:19] | with the irrefutable facts in front of me, | 结合我得到的毋庸置疑的事实 综合运用 |
[36:22] | just like I’ve been doing for the past three decades. | 三十年来这就是我的工作 |
[36:26] | Just like I’ve done for you | 我也是一直这么为你效劳的 |
[36:28] | over the past… what is it… seven or eight cases | 我们合作了大概有…七八个案子吧 |
[36:31] | over the last few years. | 好几年了 |
[36:34] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没问题了 庭上 |
[36:37] | We just got our first two greens. | 刚刚有两个人转而持有积极态度 |
[36:40] | Dr. Allendale, we asked you | 阿伦戴尔医生 我们请你 |
[36:42] | to examine Rachel’s mugshots, | 检查一下瑞希尔的存档头像照 |
[36:45] | which were taken | 照片是在发现 |
[36:46] | the morning Peter was discovered missing. | 皮特失踪的当天上午拍的 |
[36:49] | As a medical expert, | 作为一名医疗专业人员 |
[36:51] | what do you see when you look at these? | 你能从照片上看出什么 |
[36:53] | Well, the first thing that jumps out at you | 首先我注意到 |
[36:55] | is Mrs. Thomas’ red, puffy eyes. | 托马斯女士又红又肿的眼睛 |
[36:58] | Are those from crying? | 是因为哭过吗 |
[36:59] | No, because in addition, you also have | 不是 除了红眼 她的双眼下 |
[37:02] | broken capillaries beneath each eye. | 还存在毛细血管断裂现象 |
[37:05] | That combination is consistent | 这两种症状 |
[37:08] | with someone who’s had their airway blocked. | 会在呼吸道阻塞时组合出现 |
[37:12] | Sort of thing that might happen | 比如说被塑料袋套住头 |
[37:14] | if someone puts a plastic bag over your head? | 就会出现这种情况 |
[37:16] | Precisely. | 完全正确 |
[37:18] | We just got our third green. | 第三个人开始支持咱们了 |
[37:20] | – Do tell. – You also studied | – 看吧 – 你还看过 |
[37:21] | the X-rays of my client’s wrist. | 我委托人手腕处X的光照片 |
[37:24] | What did you conclude from those? | 能看出什么来吗 |
[37:25] | Mrs. Thomas had a sprain | 托马斯女士的小臂 |
[37:29] | to the ulnar aspect of her forearm, | 尺骨侧存在扭伤 |
[37:32] | which is almost always indicative | 通常来说这意味着 |
[37:35] | of someone attempting to block a blow. | 举手防御打击的动作 |
[37:39] | It’s actually one of the hallmarks | 其实这就是典型的 |
[37:41] | of a defensive injury. | 防御性肢体损伤 |
[37:43] | A defensive injury. | 防御性肢体损伤 |
[37:46] | I see. | 明白了 |
[37:47] | Now, let’s talk about the victim’s injuries. | 那咱们再看看受害人的受伤情况 |
[37:50] | Peter’s lacerations to the skull. | 也就是皮特的头部创伤 |
[37:53] | Now, what we’re looking at here are the injuries | 这就是创伤情况的照片 |
[37:55] | believed to have been caused by the fire extinguisher. | 据信创口是由便携灭火器造成的 |
[37:59] | What can you tell us about these? | 对此你有什么看法 |
[38:00] | Again, to my eye, these are defensive injuries | 同样地 从受创角度和打击速度看 |
[38:04] | based on the angle and the speed. | 我认为这也是防御性肢体损伤 |
[38:07] | My guess is | 我推断 |
[38:09] | that they were delivered by someone who was being restrained | 这是在某人受束缚状态下 |
[38:12] | in some way. | 造成的 |
[38:13] | Say, someone with a plastic bag over their head? | 比如被塑料袋套在头上时 |
[38:16] | It’s certainly possible. | 很有可能 |
[38:17] | Objection. | 反对 |
[38:18] | Defense attorney is speculating, | 辩方律师试图臆断 |
[38:20] | and his expert witness is swearing to it. | 而他的专家证人在坐实他的推论 |
[38:22] | Objection sustained. | 反对有效 |
[38:24] | Mr. Colón, | 科隆先生 |
[38:25] | I need you to bring this to some sort of conclusion. | 我要求你提出论断 |
[38:28] | Some sort of conclusion that isn’t speculative. | 不包含揣测的那种 |
[38:31] | Of course, Your Honor. | 当然 法官大人 |
[38:32] | Absolutely, Your Honor. | 必然 法官大人 |
[38:34] | Now, you keep mentioning… | 你一直在说… |
[38:38] | defensive wounds, | 防御性创伤 |
[38:39] | – defensive injuries. – It all makes a lot more sense | – 防御性肢体损伤 – 如果转而将被告视为受害者 |
[38:42] | if we think of the accused as the victim | 将她的先夫视为攻击者 |
[38:45] | and her dead husband as the attacker. | 那么事情会合理很多 |
[38:49] | I see. | 懂了 |
[38:52] | So… | 也就是说… |
[38:54] | my client as the victim | 将我的委托人视为受害者 |
[38:56] | and the deceased as the attacker. | 将亡者视为攻击者 |
[38:59] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[39:01] | Thank you, Dr. Allendale. | 谢谢你 阿伦戴尔医生 |
[39:03] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有问题了 庭上 |
[39:05] | The defense rests. | 庭辩结束 |
[39:07] | I am staring at seven green. | 已经有七个人支持了 |
[39:12] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 |
[39:14] | “Beyond a reasonable doubt.” | 检方在本次庭审之初 |
[39:18] | That’s what the prosecution told you | 就对你们提出过 |
[39:21] | when we began this trial, | “排除合理怀疑”原则 |
[39:22] | that they would prove beyond reasonable doubt | 所以他们应在排除合理怀疑之后 |
[39:25] | that my client was guilty of second-degree murder. | 证明我的委托人犯有二级谋杀罪 |
[39:29] | Well… | 那好 |
[39:30] | how’s this for reasonable doubt? | 怎么理解合理怀疑呢 |
[39:33] | Their victim tried to kill my client. | 检方的受害者想杀我的委托人 |
[39:37] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[39:39] | ‘Cause she loved him. | 因为她爱他 |
[39:41] | She didn’t want the marriage to end. | 她不希望结束这场婚姻 |
[39:43] | Even though he was seeing somebody else, | 即使他开始和别人幽会 |
[39:45] | even though she could have ended the union | 即使她可以不费一分一厘 |
[39:47] | without it costing her a dime. | 就结束他们的婚姻关系 |
[39:50] | She loved him. | 她爱他 |
[39:52] | And she didn’t want to live without him. | 没有他她都不想活了 |
[39:54] | Now, I’m guessing that when he finally broke down | 我可以想象 当他终于不再隐忍 |
[39:57] | and told her it was over, | 告诉她一切都结束的时候 |
[39:59] | she told him that if | 她让他明白 |
[40:01] | he forced her hand, he’d leave with nothing. | 如果逼她就范 他只会落得净身出户 |
[40:06] | And that’s when he decided his only option was to kill her. | 从那时起 他就决定唯一的选择就是杀死她 |
[40:10] | Say she drank too much and fell overboard | 只要谎称她喝多了落水就好 |
[40:13] | and live happily ever after with her fortune. | 然后就可以靠着她的财富 优哉游哉地生活 |
[40:18] | Well, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 |
[40:20] | you cannot convict somebody for loving their mate too much. | 深爱自己的伴侣是无罪的 |
[40:23] | You cannot convict somebody for defending themselves | 受到攻击时 保护自己 |
[40:26] | after they’ve been attacked. | 也是无罪的 |
[40:27] | And you cannot convict somebody | 无法回忆起这一切 |
[40:29] | for not remembering any of it. | 更是无罪的 |
[40:33] | None of these things are a crime. | 这些事情没有一个是罪过 |
[40:38] | Thank you for your patience. | 感谢诸位的耐心 |
[40:40] | We are relying on your good judgment. | 仰仗各位的判断力了 |
[40:43] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢大家 |
[40:46] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们 先生们 |
[40:48] | that concludes the testimony. | 法庭陈情环节结束 |
[40:50] | – The court officer will escort you – We have nine greens, Bull. | – 法警会礼送诸位… – 布尔 有九张支持票了 |
[40:52] | – To the jury room, where you will begin – Nine greens. | – 到陪审团密室 诸位在那里… – 九张啊 |
[40:54] | Your deliberations. | 进行评议 |
[40:58] | Rachel, | 瑞希尔 |
[41:00] | I have been doing this a very long time. | 我做这行很多年了 |
[41:03] | And while I’ve made it policy not to speculate about verdicts | 虽然我的原则就是不要在陪审团 |
[41:07] | before juries actually announce them, | 正式宣布之前揣度陪审团的决议 |
[41:10] | I would be stunned | 但这次如果你没有被 |
[41:12] | if you weren’t found not guilty. | 无罪释放 那才真的意外 |
[41:20] | That’s wonderful news, Dr. Bull. | 那真是太好了 布尔博士 |
[41:24] | It’s an incredible relief. Thank you. | 这是一种难以表达的解脱 谢谢你 |
[41:29] | I… | 我… |
[41:30] | I can’t wait to go home and tell Peter. | 我等不及要回家告诉皮特了 |
[41:45] | Knock, knock, knock. | 有人吗 |
[41:47] | We don’t want any. | 谢绝传单 |
[41:48] | I think you might have missed this today. | 我觉得你今天可能没看到这个 |
[41:51] | The business section. | 商业版 |
[41:53] | Big article about Rachel retiring, | 专题报道 瑞希尔退休了 |
[41:55] | moving to London, | 搬到伦敦生活 |
[41:56] | donating a ton of money to Alzheimer’s research. | 并向阿尔茨海默症的科研项目捐了一大笔钱 |
[41:59] | I wonder wherever she got that idea. | 很好奇她怎么会有这个念头 |
[42:02] | Who’d have thunk it? | 谁在乎这事 |
[42:04] | I like what she says about owning your own destiny, | 她说要掌握你的命运 不要让命运掌握你 |
[42:07] | not letting it own you. | 很喜欢这句话 |
[42:09] | She said that? | 这是她说的 |
[42:10] | Mm. It’s right there. | 当然 看这里 |
[42:12] | Oh. You’re right. | 还真是 |
[42:14] | That is brilliant. | 真有才 |
[42:16] | Wish I could come up with stuff like that. | 我也想说上几句这样的名言 |
[42:18] | Okay, don’t make me listen to this. | 得了吧 |
[42:19] | – You mind if I leave? – Sure thing. | – 那我下班了 – 没问题 |
[42:22] | Own your own destiny. See if I care. | 掌握你的命运 反正不关我事 |