时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | Not now. I got four kills. | 晚点 我拿了四个人头了 |
[00:18] | Come on, Theo. | 别啊 修 |
[00:19] | If we don’t do it now, we never will. | 现在不试试 就再也没机会了 |
[00:21] | Mom and Dad are gonna be home soon. | 爸爸妈妈马上就到家了 |
[00:23] | Okay. So we never do it. | 行啊 那就别做了呗 |
[00:25] | I’m fine with that. | 我无所谓 |
[00:30] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[00:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[00:35] | Let’s get this done. | 一起来看看 |
[01:02] | You have to swear | 你得发誓 |
[01:04] | you never tell anyone I showed you this. | 你永远不会告诉别人我给你看了这个 |
[01:05] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[01:07] | Seriously, I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[01:08] | I mean it, too. | 我也很认真啊 |
[01:11] | Turn around. | 转过去 |
[01:20] | Okay. Turn back around. | 行了 转回来 |
[01:28] | You gonna take it out? | 你要把它拿出来吗 |
[01:30] | I don’t have to take it out. | 没必要啊 |
[01:31] | Then can I take it out? | 那我可以拿出来吗 |
[01:32] | You’re not even supposed to touch it. | 你都不该碰它 |
[01:33] | Then can you take it out? | 那你拿出来吧 |
[01:36] | Okay. But you owe me one. | 行吧 但你欠我个人情了 |
[01:45] | Theo, you got to let me touch it. | 修 你就让我碰碰吧 |
[01:47] | It’s not gonna happen, little brother. | 不可能的 弟弟 |
[01:49] | Dad would be out of his mind | 爸爸要是知道我告诉了你有这把枪 |
[01:50] | if he knew I even told you about it. | 他会气疯掉的 |
[01:51] | Just let me see what it feels like, just for a second. | 就让我试下是什么感觉嘛 就一下 |
[01:57] | Okay, but only for a second. | 好吧 就一下 |
[02:08] | – Pow. – Okay, dial it down there, cowboy. | – 嘭 – 行了 放回原处 小牛仔 |
[02:11] | Don’t point it at anyone or anything. | 别指着任何人任何东西 |
[02:12] | What if I actually pulled the trigger? | 我要是扣下扳机会发生什么 |
[02:15] | Well, it’s empty, but let’s not. | 这都没子弹 不过还是别试了 |
[02:18] | Okay, that’s enough. Give it back. | 行了 够了 放回去 |
[02:20] | Seriously. I mean it. | 我是认真的 |
[02:25] | Oh, did-did you hear that? Was that Mom and Dad? | 你 你听到了吗 那是爸妈回来了吗 |
[02:28] | Damn. Give me the… Ow… | 靠 给我… |
[02:30] | Was that the door? | 是门响了吗 |
[02:38] | Mom? | 妈 |
[02:39] | Dad? | 爸 |
[02:42] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[02:48] | Charlie, put the damn gun down. | 查理 把那把枪放下 |
[02:52] | Theo! | 修 |
[02:55] | I think it’s clear to anyone who’s spent time | 和查理·科鲁夫聊过的人都会明白 |
[02:57] | with him that Charlie Crawford is filled with sorrow | 查理对于他的所作所为 |
[03:00] | and remorse over what he’s done. | 充满了痛苦和悔恨 |
[03:04] | His brother’s death at his own hand, though the product | 他亲手杀了哥哥是一场 |
[03:07] | of a horrible accident | 可怕的事故 |
[03:08] | over which he had no control, is something | 虽然这不是他能控制的 |
[03:12] | that is gonna stay with him for the rest of his life. | 但这件事将伴随他终身 |
[03:15] | Were you and your brother close, Charlie? | 你和你哥哥的关系好吗 查理 |
[03:19] | He was my best friend in the world. | 他是我在这个世界上最好的朋友 |
[03:23] | I loved my brother. | 我爱我的哥哥 |
[03:25] | Everybody loved my brother. | 大家都爱他 |
[03:27] | Everybody loves you, too, Charlie. | 我们大家也都爱你 查理 |
[03:29] | Everybody knows that this was not your fault. | 大家都知道这不是你的错 |
[03:35] | What are you looking for? | 你还想做什么 |
[03:37] | We’re looking for mercy. | 宽恕 |
[03:40] | Charlie is 13 and a half years old. | 查理才十三岁半 |
[03:43] | He is a gifted student. | 是个很有天赋的学生 |
[03:46] | I can personally vouch for the family. | 我愿意以个人名义为他们家担保 |
[03:48] | Eric and I have known each other since college. | 我在大学就认识艾瑞克了 |
[03:50] | He runs an international consulting firm. | 他开了一所国际咨询公司 |
[03:53] | His wife Lena | 他的夫人 伦娜 |
[03:54] | is a highly sought-after patent lawyer. | 是一位名声在外的专利律师 |
[03:56] | They’re great people. | 他们都是很好的人 |
[03:58] | They’re great parents. | 也是很好的父母 |
[03:59] | And they have lost their firstborn. | 现在他们的长子逝世了 |
[04:01] | To compound that by incarcerating | 如果按照法律 监禁他们仅剩的小儿子 |
[04:03] | the only other child they have… I just can’t imagine | 来弥补他们的损失 我实在不明白 |
[04:06] | what legitimate purpose that would serve. | 这到底有什么法律意义 |
[04:12] | So what’s your sentencing recommendation? | 那你的判决意见是什么 |
[04:14] | Well, we would love for you to knock down | 我希望你能将杀人罪 |
[04:16] | the manslaughter charges to negligent homicide, | 降至过失杀人罪 |
[04:20] | recommend probation and community service. | 建议缓刑并进行社区服务 |
[04:23] | Detective? | 警探 |
[04:25] | I’m okay with that. | 我同意 |
[04:27] | Fine. Dr. Bull, | 好的 布尔博士 |
[04:29] | Mr. Colon, I’m going to adopt your proposal | 科隆先生 我将采用你们的提议 |
[04:32] | and take it to the judge. | 并呈送法庭 |
[04:33] | Thank you, Ms. Glover. | 谢谢 格拉芙女士 |
[04:34] | – Thank you. – Thank you so much. | – 谢谢 – 太感谢了 |
[04:35] | All right. | 好了 |
[04:37] | Oh, I-I’m sorry, everyone. | 不好意思 各位 |
[04:39] | I still need you to take your seats. | 我还需要耽误几分钟 |
[04:45] | Mr. Crawford, I want to talk for a minute | 科鲁夫先生 我想就枪的问题 |
[04:49] | about the gun. | 谈一谈 |
[04:51] | The gun is a licensed | 他有持枪执照 |
[04:54] | and registered weapon. | 那把枪也登记过了 |
[04:56] | It was kept in a locked box | 放在保险柜中 |
[04:58] | that was stored in a locked safe. | 一个上锁的盒子里 |
[05:02] | How’d your son get the combinations? | 你的儿子是怎么拿到密码的 |
[05:06] | I gave them to him. | 我给他的 |
[05:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:09] | I just… | 我… |
[05:12] | made a decision, | 在他去年 |
[05:13] | last year, when he turned 17. | 满十七岁的时候决定 |
[05:16] | I wanted him to know how to use a weapon. | 让他学习使用武器 |
[05:20] | I started taking him to the firing range | 我开始带他去靶场 |
[05:23] | for practice, | 练习使用枪支 |
[05:24] | and we talked about safety… | 我们还… 经常 |
[05:26] | constantly. | 谈到安全问题 |
[05:27] | Be that as it may, your late son was a minor. | 尽管如此 但你的小儿子还是未成年 |
[05:31] | Eric, why don’t you tell Ms. Glover | 艾瑞克 请告诉格拉芙女士 |
[05:34] | why you had the gun. | 你为什么要留一把枪在家里 |
[05:36] | I’ve owned it for 20 years. | 我买这把枪二十年了 |
[05:38] | I travel a lot for business, | 我经常出差 |
[05:41] | and, um… | 而且 |
[05:42] | There have been a lot of home invasions in our area. | 我们附近经常有入室抢劫发生 |
[05:46] | My neighbor was attacked in her bedroom. | 我的邻居在她的卧室被袭击了 |
[05:49] | I just wanted to know that my family was safe | 我只是希望在我不在的时候 |
[05:51] | while I was away. | 我的家人都平安 |
[05:53] | I even learned how to shoot. | 我甚至去学了射击 |
[05:55] | My husband taught Theo in case something happened | 我丈夫也教了修用枪 |
[05:58] | when neither one of us was home. | 以免我们都不在家时发生事故 |
[06:00] | You gave a minor access to a loaded handgun. | 你让一个未成年人拿一把上膛的枪 |
[06:03] | Having him pinky swear that he wouldn’t play with it or tell his younger brother about it | 拉拉勾 让他不乱玩枪 不告诉弟弟 |
[06:06] | isn’t sufficient under the law. | 这在法律上来说是远远不够的 |
[06:12] | I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Crawford. | 我对您的损失非常的遗憾 科鲁夫先生 |
[06:15] | I really am. | 真的 |
[06:16] | But I believe your behavior was negligent. | 但我认为您的行为是十分不当的 |
[06:19] | Criminally negligent. | 刑法上不当 |
[06:21] | And I’m putting you under arrest. | 我现在正式逮捕你 |
[06:24] | Detective Lacy, | 蕾西探员 |
[06:25] | would you take Mr. Crawford into custody, please? | 请羁押科鲁夫先生 |
[06:30] | – Dad… Dad? – Mr. Crawford? | – 爸…爸 – 科鲁夫先生 |
[06:31] | I need you to stand and put your hands | 请你站起来并将手 |
[06:32] | – behind your back. – Wait a min… Uh… Jace? | – 放到背后 – 等等… 杰斯 |
[06:34] | Just cooperate. We’ll go directly to court | 先配合 我们会直接去找法庭 |
[06:36] | and we will get you out on bail. | 然后将你赎出 |
[06:37] | Eric… | 艾瑞克… |
[06:39] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:04] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[07:06] | – Yes? – I’m Marissa. | – 怎么了 – 我是玛丽莎 |
[07:07] | Uh, Dr. Bull, Mr. Colon and your mom | 布尔博士 科隆先生和你妈妈 |
[07:10] | are gonna be just a little while longer. | 可能还要聊一会儿 |
[07:22] | Pretty cool, huh? | 挺酷的 对吧 |
[07:23] | What’s it doing? | 这是干什么的 |
[07:25] | I know it’s doing something. But what is it? | 我知道这肯定是有什么用的 不过具体是什么呢 |
[07:27] | Well, that is someone from the potential jury pool, | 那是陪审团候选里的一个人 |
[07:30] | the people that we get to pick from to make up a jury. | 我们要从这些候选里选人来组成陪审团 |
[07:33] | And the algorithm is looking for someone | 这个算法就是要从候选池里 |
[07:36] | in our pool of candidates that’s a good match. | 找到匹配度高的人 |
[07:39] | Same gender, same socioeconomic group, | 相同的性别 相同的社会经济群体 |
[07:42] | same political and religious attitudes. | 相同的政治宗教态度 |
[07:45] | Why? | 为什么要这样呢 |
[07:47] | So we can get them to help us figure out how a trial is going. | 所以我们可以召集他们帮我们搞清审判的走向 |
[07:50] | What the real jurors are thinking. | 以及真正的陪审员在想什么 |
[07:52] | We call them mirror jurors. | 我们称他们为镜像陪审员 |
[07:55] | – And that works? – Most of the time. | – 这管用吗 – 大多数时候是管用的 |
[07:58] | We usually get pretty close. | 通常情况下很接近 |
[08:00] | Hmm. Who thought this up? | 嗯 这是谁想出来的 |
[08:03] | Well, I did. | 是我 |
[08:06] | The algorithm part of it, anyway. | 算法的这部分 |
[08:08] | Uh, this part of it. | 呃 也就是这部分 |
[08:09] | Not Dr. Bull? | 不是布尔博士吗 |
[08:11] | He helped. | 他负责帮忙 |
[08:14] | You know what he is great at? | 你知道他擅长什么吗 |
[08:16] | The people part of it. | 他擅长寻找合适的人 |
[08:18] | The part that math and science | 这部分是数学以及科学 |
[08:20] | can’t quite figure out just yet. | 至今都无法解决的 |
[08:22] | The parts that we can’t see or quantify. | 这部分我们看不见 也无法量化 |
[08:26] | What makes a person tick. | 人们的行为动机是什么 |
[08:29] | What’s going on in there. | 这里又在如何运转 |
[08:34] | Is he gonna be able to get my dad out of jail? | 他会把我爸爸从监狱里救出来吗 |
[08:39] | Am I ever gonna see him again? | 我以后还能再见到他吗 |
[08:43] | I mean, he didn’t do anything. | 我是说 他明明什么都没做 |
[08:47] | I did it. | 都是我干的 |
[08:51] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[08:54] | I ruined everybody’s life. | 我毁了我们一家人 |
[08:56] | My brother’s dead, my dad’s going to jail. | 哥哥死了 爸爸进了监狱 |
[08:58] | My mom must hate me. | 妈妈一定恨死我了 |
[09:02] | I hate me. | 我也恨我自己 |
[09:06] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[09:07] | Come on. | 快过来 |
[09:08] | Dr. Bull and Mr. Collon did it. | 布尔博士和科隆先生成功了 |
[09:10] | They got your father out on bail. | 他们把爸爸保释出来了 |
[09:13] | Come on. We have to get him out. | 快来 我们接他出来 |
[09:24] | Are you down here? | 你在下面吗 |
[09:26] | I’m very down here. | 我在下面难受呢 |
[09:28] | Why you ask? | 怎么了 |
[09:30] | I rolled over and you were gone. | 我翻了个身没见着你 |
[09:38] | You want to get married? | 你想结婚吗 |
[09:41] | To who? | 嫁给谁 |
[09:46] | I… want to get this science project | 我 我只想赶紧结束 |
[09:50] | out of my belly. | 肚子里的这个科学实验 |
[09:52] | I just want to see my feet again when I walk. | 我希望走路的时候还能看见自己的脚 |
[09:54] | I want to remember the good old days | 我很怀念那些美好的旧时光 |
[09:56] | when the food I ate just went in one direction. | 那时吃下去的东西只往下走 |
[10:01] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[10:03] | Are you going someplace? | 你要去哪吗 |
[10:05] | Not without you. | 没有你我哪都不会去的 |
[10:09] | Then why are you in such a hurry to do something | 那为什么你这么着急 |
[10:11] | that we failed at the first time? | 想要重蹈覆辙 |
[10:15] | You love me, don’t you? | 你爱我 对吗 |
[10:18] | I’m afraid so. | 恐怕是的 |
[10:22] | You love me? | 你爱我吗 |
[10:23] | Most of the time. | 大多数时候吧 |
[10:27] | What are you doing over there? | 你在那愣着干嘛 |
[10:29] | Come here and give me a kiss. | 快过来亲我一下 |
[10:31] | Earn your keep. | 要不本仙女可飞走了 |
[10:34] | You know, | 你知道 |
[10:35] | that nine-month doctor’s note you got | 七周后 |
[10:38] | is about to expire in seven weeks. | 你就不再是孕妇了 |
[10:41] | You know what that means. That means | 你知道这意味着什么 这意味着 |
[10:42] | you’re gonna have to go back to work full-time, | 你又可以全天为我服务了 |
[10:45] | start cleaning and cooking | 给我大扫除 做饭 |
[10:48] | and washing my clothes in the river. | 还有在河里洗我的衣服 |
[10:51] | Is that the Hudson River? | 是哈德逊河吗 |
[10:54] | Yes, it is. | 是的呢 |
[10:59] | Bring it over here. | 把他带到这世界上来吧 |
[11:08] | Are you scared? | 你害怕吗 |
[11:10] | Terrified. | 怕极了 |
[11:13] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[11:23] | So who are we looking for today, boss? | 所以今天我们要找谁 老板 |
[11:25] | We are cruising the aisle | 我们在这条道上巡游 |
[11:27] | marked “Cognitive empathy. | 这叫做”认知移情” |
[11:29] | “Ah, I know that aisle. We’ve shopped there before. | 我知道这里 我们以前来这儿买过东西 |
[11:32] | We need to eliminate anyone who isn’t willing or able | 我们需要排除那些不愿意或者不能 |
[11:36] | to put themselves in Eric’s shoes, | 站在艾瑞克立场想问题的人 |
[11:38] | to empathize with a man who didn’t pull the trigger, | 一个失去长子的男人 |
[11:41] | but lost his firstborn, | 明明没有开枪 却被扣上谋杀的罪名 |
[11:44] | and is nonetheless being charged with his murder. | 我们需要找的是那些同情他的人 |
[11:47] | Exactly. | 完全正确 |
[11:48] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[11:50] | So, let’s start with a hypothetical. | 首先让我们来假设一下 |
[11:53] | You’re out shopping when you hear a cry for help. | 你在外购物 听到有人哭喊呼救 |
[11:57] | Someone can’t find their child. What do you do? | 原来是有人孩子丢了 你会怎么办 |
[12:01] | I look around. | 我会环顾四周 |
[12:02] | See if other people are looking around. | 看是否有人出面帮助 |
[12:04] | And if a lot of people are looking around, | 如果大部分人依旧无动于衷的话 |
[12:07] | I probably keep shopping. | 我会选择继续去购物 |
[12:11] | I-I mean, I’d keep an eye out, | 我 我是说 我会稍微注意点 |
[12:13] | but I probably wouldn’t stop what I was doing. | 但不会停下手头的事儿 |
[12:18] | If it pleases the court, we’d like to thank | 如果刚刚的那番话对本案有益的话 |
[12:20] | and excuse this juror. | 我会感激并且原谅这位陪审员 |
[12:22] | I’ll bet you would. | 我打赌你会的 |
[12:24] | I’d like to think that I would stop what I was doing. | 我可能会停下手里的事情 |
[12:27] | You know, see what I could to to help out. | 去看看有没有什么我能帮忙的 |
[12:28] | I mean, how scary is that, to lose your kid? | 孩子丢了 这得多可怕 |
[12:33] | So, you’re at a coffee shop, you’re waiting in line, | 假设 你在咖啡店 正排着队 |
[12:36] | and the person in front of you is short two dollars. | 你前面的人正好差两块钱 |
[12:39] | What’s your first instinct? | 你的第一反应是什么 |
[12:40] | I ask if I can jump ahead of ’em. | 我会问我能不能先买 |
[12:42] | I mean, who doesn’t check their wallet | 我的意思是 谁买东西 |
[12:44] | before they order something? | 不会事先看自己带没带够钱呢 |
[12:47] | I’d probably pay for his drink. | 我会帮他给钱的 |
[12:49] | I just would. | 我会这么做 |
[12:51] | This juror is acceptable, Your Honor. | 法官大人 这个陪审员可以接受 |
[12:54] | Excellent. We have our jury. | 好的 我们的陪审团建成了 |
[13:00] | So, who opened the floor safe? | 所以 是谁打开的地板上的保险箱呢 |
[13:04] | Theo did. | 修打开的 |
[13:06] | My brother did. | 我哥哥做的 |
[13:07] | And who opened the portable gun safe? | 那谁打开了装着便携枪支的保险保险箱 |
[13:10] | I think Theo did. | 还是修 |
[13:12] | ‘Cause I begged him to. | 因为我求他这么做的 |
[13:16] | Any idea how he might have gotten the combinations | 那你清楚他是怎么知道 |
[13:19] | to both of these safes? | 这两个保险箱密码的呢 |
[13:20] | Objection, Your Honor. | 我反对 法官大人 |
[13:22] | Calls for hearsay. | 这个没有证据支撑 |
[13:24] | And, Your Honor, in an effort to | 并且 法官大人 |
[13:27] | spare this witness any more trauma than necessary, | 为了让证人免受更多不必要的创伤 |
[13:30] | the defense would like to stipulate | 辩护方这里明确指出 |
[13:31] | that our client, Eric Crawford, provided | 这两个保险箱的密码 |
[13:34] | his oldest son with the combinations | 是我们的委托人埃里克·科鲁夫 |
[13:37] | to both safes. | 提供给他的长子的 |
[13:39] | We’ve made no secret of this. | 我们对此毫不隐瞒 |
[13:40] | Objection sustained. | 反对有效 |
[13:43] | Ask another question. | 换个问题 |
[13:46] | Does this look like the Post-it | 这像你哥哥当晚被射杀时 |
[13:47] | that you saw in your brother’s hand | 手中攥着的那个 |
[13:49] | the night he was shot? | 便利纸条吗 |
[13:51] | Uh… | 呃 |
[13:53] | I th-I think so. | 我觉得是吧 |
[13:55] | My brother didn’t really let me see it. | 我哥哥没有让我细看 |
[13:58] | And do you see the two sets of numbers on it? | 那你看见这上面有两组数字了吗 |
[14:05] | Yeah, I do. | 是的 我看到了 |
[14:07] | And does it look like your father’s handwriting? | 这像是你父亲的笔迹吗 |
[14:10] | Objection! | 反对 |
[14:11] | We’ve already stipulated this. | 我方都已经明确了 |
[14:14] | The prosecution is badgering the witness. | 控方却还纠缠证人 |
[14:16] | Sustained. Ask another question. | 反对有效 换问题 |
[14:20] | Charlie… | 查理 |
[14:22] | what else is on this paper? | 这纸上还有什么 |
[14:29] | There’s-there’s some… there’s some blood. | 这上 这 还有 还有血 |
[14:32] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[14:33] | Ask another question. | 让你换问题 |
[14:38] | So, when your brother | 那么 当你哥哥 |
[14:41] | used the combination that your father gave him, | 用你父亲告诉他的密码 |
[14:46] | and opened up the two safes | 打开两个保险箱 |
[14:48] | – and gave you the gun… – He… he did… | – 然后把枪给你… – 他… 他 |
[14:50] | he didn’t… he didn’t give me the gun. | 不… 不是他给我的枪 |
[14:54] | I mean, he did, but I had to beg him for it. | 确实是他给的 但是是我求他给我的 |
[14:57] | He didn’t want to. | 他并不愿意的 |
[14:59] | But at some point he did give it to you. | 但他还是把枪给你了 |
[15:02] | And did you know there was a bullet in it? | 你知道枪里面有子弹吗 |
[15:05] | Of course not. No. | 当然不知道 |
[15:07] | He… he told me it was empty. | 他… 他告诉我是空的 |
[15:09] | How did he know it was empty? | 他怎么知道枪是空的 |
[15:10] | Did he look? | 他查看了吗 |
[15:12] | No, he… he just knew. | 没有 他… 他就是知道 |
[15:14] | Dad always kept it empty. | 爸爸总是记得把子弹拿出来的 |
[15:21] | Almost always. | 比总是可能差一点 |
[15:23] | I have no further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[15:27] | Would you kindly tell the court | 能请您告诉法庭 |
[15:29] | your name and occupation? | 你的姓名和职业吗 |
[15:31] | My name is Laura Coleman. | 我叫劳拉·科曼 |
[15:32] | I manage the West Side Rod and Gun Club. | 我经营一家西城杆枪俱乐部 |
[15:34] | And even though you refer to it as a club, | 虽然你称之为俱乐部 |
[15:36] | it’s really a gun range. | 其实是一个射击场 |
[15:38] | A place for people to practice shooting | 人们练习射击的地方 |
[15:41] | and enjoy their firearms by firing at targets? | 享受射中目标的快感 |
[15:43] | Yes, exactly. | 是的 |
[15:45] | And are you familiar with the defendant, | 你认识被告吗 |
[15:47] | Eric Crawford? | 艾瑞克·科鲁夫 |
[15:48] | Yes, I see him quite often around the club. | 认识 经常在俱乐部看见他 |
[15:50] | And at your club, | 你的俱乐部里 |
[15:52] | you make use of security cameras? | 有监控摄像头吗 |
[15:54] | Yes, we have 16 cameras all around the facility. | 有的 全场覆盖了十六个摄像头 |
[15:57] | And were you able to locate the tapes | 你能找到 |
[16:00] | that coincided with Mr. Crawford’s most recent visit? | 科鲁夫先生最近一次到俱乐部的录像吗 |
[16:03] | Yes. | 可以 |
[16:04] | And did you bring any of these digital recordings | 你今天 |
[16:05] | with you today? | 把这些录像带来了吗 |
[16:06] | I did. I brought security footage | 带来了 |
[16:08] | from the two cameras that are above the exit. | 我带来了出口上方两个摄像头的录像 |
[16:11] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[16:12] | This violates the people’s discovery obligations. | 这违反了证据开示制度 |
[16:15] | Your Honor, we apologize, | 法官大人 抱歉 |
[16:17] | but my office just became aware of these recordings | 但我方也是今早科曼女士到后 |
[16:20] | when Ms. Coleman arrived this morning. | 才知道有这些录像的 |
[16:21] | Oh, well, that’s all well and good, | 哦 说得真好听 |
[16:23] | but my team is being made aware of it | 但我方就在此时此刻才第一次 |
[16:25] | for the first time right now. | 知道了这些录像的存在 |
[16:27] | We’re being blindsided, Your Honor. | 我方被隐瞒了 法官大人 |
[16:29] | I’m gonna take Ms. Glover at her word | 我将采信格拉芙女士的说法 |
[16:32] | that these tapes just fell into her lap today. | 这些录像她也是今早才拿到的 |
[16:36] | Ask your next question, counselor. | 下一个问题 律师 |
[16:41] | So you reviewed the security tapes | 所以你看了监控视频 |
[16:43] | and brought images from two cameras | 带来了位于出口上方的 |
[16:46] | – positioned above the exit? – Yes. | – 两个摄像头的录像 – 是的 |
[16:49] | Let’s take a look. | 让我们一起来看看 |
[16:53] | So, these signs… | 这些标语… |
[16:55] | this area… specifically exists | 这个地方… 特别用于 |
[16:57] | to remind your patrons | 提醒你的顾客 |
[17:00] | that they need to stop | 在离开射击场之前 |
[17:02] | and be doubly sure that their weapons are empty | 在此停下确认武器中 |
[17:05] | before they leave the range? | 是没有子弹的 |
[17:06] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[17:58] | It’s check, and then I win your queen. | 将军 我赢了你的皇后 |
[18:02] | Dude, you’re killing me. | 小子 你简直是在碾压我 |
[18:03] | How old are you again? | 你多大来着 |
[18:04] | It’s simple: I don’t want to be there anymore. | 很简单 我不想再出庭了 |
[18:07] | Lena, there are optics to consider. | 伦娜 我们还是有希望的 |
[18:09] | If you stop coming to court… | 如果你不再出席的话… |
[18:11] | if you appear to have given up on your husband… | 如果你表现出对丈夫放弃了… |
[18:12] | why shouldn’t the jury? | 那陪审团也会放弃的 |
[18:14] | The jury is gonna do what the jury’s gonna do. | 陪审团做他们该做的就好了 |
[18:17] | I have one child left. | 我只剩一个孩子了 |
[18:22] | And he’s spending his days with babysitters. | 而他现在是由保姆陪着 |
[18:24] | Strangers. | 陌生人 |
[18:26] | So I can sit in a courtroom | 为了让我出庭 |
[18:28] | and support a man | 支持一个 |
[18:30] | who’d rather talk on his phone | 宁愿打电话 |
[18:32] | – than empty his gun. – Come on! | – 也不愿卸掉手枪子弹的人 – 够了 |
[18:34] | Come on! Come on! | 你怎么能这样说 |
[18:36] | Mr. Crawford, Mrs. Crawford, please, | 科鲁夫先生 科鲁夫夫人 |
[18:38] | let’s… let’s not turn on each other. | 我们… 我们不要互相指责 |
[18:40] | I’ve been married to that damn phone | 我已经和这个臭电话过了 |
[18:42] | for 20 years. | 将近二十年了 |
[18:43] | I didn’t check the gun because I knew | 我没有检查手枪是因为 |
[18:45] | I had already fired off all six shots at the range. | 我知道我在射击场已经将六枚子弹都用完了 |
[18:47] | I knew the gun was empty. | 我知道手枪里是空的 |
[18:49] | Then who loaded it?! | 那是谁装的子弹 |
[18:52] | Do not say Theo. | 别说是修 |
[18:54] | I will not have you blame him for this | 我不会让你责怪他 |
[18:56] | when he is not here to defend himself. | 他已经不能在这为自己辩护了 |
[19:07] | Lena, I know you’re upset. | 伦娜 我知道你很不高兴 |
[19:09] | But I also know you don’t want your husband to go to prison. | 但我也知道你不希望自己的丈夫进监狱 |
[19:12] | That would be a catastrophe, | 那将会是一场大灾难 |
[19:14] | for you and for Charlie. | 无论是对你还是对查理 |
[19:17] | I guarantee you, if you don’t show up in court, | 我向你保证 如果你不在法庭上出现的话 |
[19:21] | the outcome is a foregone conclusion. | 你丈夫坐牢是肯定的了 |
[19:23] | If you act out in front of a jury, | 如果你在陪审团面前发作 |
[19:25] | you’re telling them to send him to prison. | 你就是在求他们将你丈夫送进监狱 |
[19:28] | So I implore you… | 所以我恳求你… |
[19:30] | both of you… | 你们俩… |
[19:32] | present a united front. | 对外团结一致 |
[19:35] | For Charlie. | 就当是为了查理 |
[19:44] | Please tell the jury | 请您告诉陪审团 |
[19:45] | your name and what it is you do. | 你的姓名和职业 |
[19:47] | My name is Debra Erwin, and I’m a paramedic. | 我叫德布拉·尔温 我是一名急救人员 |
[19:50] | And on the afternoon of the shooting, | 在发生枪击的那天下午 |
[19:52] | you were dispatched to the Crawford home. | 是你被派到了科鲁夫家里 |
[19:54] | Isn’t that correct? | 对吗 |
[19:55] | Correct. My partner and I were | 是的 我和我的搭档 |
[19:56] | the first to arrive on scene. | 是第一个到达现场的 |
[19:58] | We were there to render medical aid, | 我们到那提供医疗援助 |
[20:00] | but we found the victim to be unresponsive. | 但我们发现受害者已无生命反应 |
[20:03] | And can you describe the injury? | 你能描述一下受伤情况吗 |
[20:05] | A single gunshot wound to the head. | 一颗子弹击中头部 |
[20:08] | And was there | 那么 |
[20:09] | anyone else in the house when you arrived? | 当你们到时现场有其他人在家吗 |
[20:12] | Yes, the victim’s little brother. | 有 受害者的弟弟 |
[20:14] | I believe his name was Charlie. | 我记得他的名字叫查理 |
[20:16] | I think he told us he was 13 years old. | 他告诉我们他十三岁 |
[20:18] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢你 没有问题了 |
[20:22] | What’s it look like from where you’re sitting? | 你那边看现在的情况如何 |
[20:23] | We are holding steady. We have four green | 我们还算稳定 四票支持 |
[20:25] | and eight red. | 八票反对 |
[20:28] | Ms. Erwin, were you present | 尔温女士 你当时在场吗 |
[20:31] | when my client and his wife arrived at the home? | 我的当事人和他妻子回到家时 |
[20:34] | I was. | 在场 |
[20:35] | And what did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[20:37] | Were they upset? | 他们当时有很难过吗 |
[20:38] | My God, of course. | 天啊 当然很难过 |
[20:40] | Is it fair to say that they were devastated? | 可以被称为歇斯底里吗 |
[20:43] | At the very least. | 这是最轻的描述了 |
[20:44] | Inconsolable? | 伤心欲绝呢 |
[20:45] | Absolutely. Their child was dead. | 当然 他们的孩子死了 |
[20:49] | When they left their house, | 当他们离开家时 |
[20:50] | their child was alive. | 他们的孩子还活着 |
[20:52] | And when they came home, their child was dead. | 当他们回到家时 他们的孩子就死了 |
[20:55] | I see. And… | 我明白了 那么… |
[20:57] | Did they actually | 他们有 |
[20:58] | get to see their son? | 看到他们的儿子吗 |
[21:01] | I mean, was his body still there? | 我是说 受害人的尸体当时还在现场吗 |
[21:03] | Yes, he was laying there in the closet. | 在的 他当时躺在衣橱里 |
[21:06] | A gunshot wound to the head. | 一颗子弹击中头部 |
[21:08] | And did they actually watch him getting zipped into… | 那他们有亲眼看到受害人的尸体 |
[21:11] | into the body bag? | 被装进尸袋中吗 |
[21:15] | Just the father at first. | 一开始只有父亲看着 |
[21:16] | The mother was too upset. | 母亲太难过 |
[21:19] | But then she showed up at the last minute. | 但最后一刻她还是出现了 |
[21:22] | Kissed him on the cheek. | 吻了吻他的面颊 |
[21:27] | Thank you for your testimony, Ms. Erwin. | 谢谢您的证词 尔温女士 |
[21:29] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有别的了 法官阁下 |
[21:31] | Why are you not saying anything? | 怎么不汇报情况了 |
[21:33] | Sorry. We just picked up two. | 抱歉 我们刚争取到两位 |
[21:35] | We have six red, six green. | 现在红绿都是六位 |
[21:42] | Good day, no? | 是个好日子 不是吗 |
[21:45] | Yes. Yes, it was. | 是的 是的 |
[21:49] | Marissa feels the jury is evenly split. | 玛丽莎认为陪审团意见平均分裂 |
[21:52] | I even saw a couple of jurors with tears in their eyes, | 我甚至看到一些陪审员眼中含泪 |
[21:54] | and we haven’t even presented our case yet. | 而我们甚至还没把案件呈现出来 |
[21:58] | So what’s going through that brain of yours? | 那你脑袋里在想什么呢 |
[22:03] | It’s probably nothing. | 没想什么 |
[22:05] | Oh, come on. Talk to me. | 得了吧 跟我说说 |
[22:09] | That paramedic. | 那位急救员 |
[22:11] | She kept talking about Eric and Lena, how upset they were. | 她一直在讲艾瑞克和伦娜 说他们多么伤心 |
[22:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[22:16] | It was like manna from heaven. | 就像天堂降下的玛纳 |
[22:19] | Mm. You notice she didn’t mention Charlie? | 嗯 你注意到她没有提到查理吗 |
[22:22] | Yeah. So? | 是的 怎么了 |
[22:24] | Well, don’t you think he was upset? | 你不觉得他也该是伤心的吗 |
[22:28] | Well, that goes without saying. | 那自不必说 |
[22:31] | Mm. I just find it fascinating | 嗯 我只是觉得她没有提这点 |
[22:34] | she wouldn’t mention it. | 有点意思 |
[22:36] | He’s a child. And he’s the one who pulled the trigger. | 他是个孩子 还是扣动扳机的人 |
[22:39] | Yeah, but it might be just as simple as the fact | 是的 但事情可能就是这么简单 |
[22:43] | that no one talked about Charlie. | 就是没有人提到查理 |
[22:45] | You know? Charlie’s not the one on trial. | 你要知道 毕竟受审的不是查理 |
[22:50] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:51] | If you say so. | 那就是吧 |
[22:53] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 这里是911 您有突发情况吗 |
[22:55] | Um, I-I just shot my brother. | 我射杀了我兄弟 |
[22:58] | I did it by accident. | 是意外 |
[23:00] | I didn’t know the gun was loaded. | 我不知道枪里有子弹 |
[23:02] | Okay. Don’t worry, honey. Help is on the way. | 好的 别担心 亲爱的 救助人员正在路上 |
[23:05] | Can you check to see if he’s breathing? | 你能检查一下他的呼吸吗 |
[23:07] | Actually, I think he’s dead. | 其实我觉得他死了 |
[23:10] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 这里是911 您有突发情况吗 |
[23:13] | Um, I-I just shot my brother. | 我刚刚开枪打中了我哥哥 |
[23:16] | I did it by accident. | 是意外 |
[23:19] | I didn’t know the gun was loaded. | 我不知道枪里有子弹 |
[23:20] | Okay. Don’t worry, honey. Help is on the way. | 好的 别担心 亲爱的 救助人员正在路上 |
[23:23] | Can you check to see if he’s breathing? | 你能检查一下他的呼吸吗 |
[23:25] | Actually, I think he’s dead. | 其实我觉得他死了 |
[23:28] | Honey, I need you to do something for me. | 亲爱的 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[23:30] | Just check to see if he has a pulse. | 去看看他是否还有脉搏 |
[23:36] | I’m sorry. Did I see what? | 不好意思我没听清 你说我看见什么 |
[23:39] | Did you see Theo load the gun? | 你看见修给枪上子弹了吗 |
[23:42] | Dr. Bull, if I had seen Theo load the gun, | 布尔博士 要是我真的看见了 |
[23:45] | I never would have fired it. | 我是绝对不会开枪的 |
[23:49] | Right. Of course. | 是的 当然 |
[23:52] | Is that what you wanted to ask me? | 这就是您想要问我的事吗 |
[23:55] | Is that why you wanted to see me this morning? | 一早上就找我来… |
[23:57] | Well, that and… | 其实… |
[24:00] | I wanted to see how you were holding up. | 我还想看看你如何了 |
[24:03] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[24:08] | Home is weird. | 家里很奇怪 |
[24:10] | Either it’s really quiet | 要不然是绝对的安静 |
[24:12] | or Mom and Dad are fighting. | 要不然就是爸妈在吵架 |
[24:15] | I think they miss Theo. | 我想他们很怀念修 |
[24:17] | Well, I suppose that’s to be expected. | 我想这是意料之中的情况 |
[24:21] | I suppose. | 可能是吧 |
[24:31] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:36] | You yawned? | 你打哈欠了是吗 |
[24:38] | Like you were bored? | 就像无聊时那样 |
[24:39] | More like I was tired. | 不如说我累了 |
[24:41] | And Charlie didn’t respond. | 而查理没有回应 |
[24:43] | That… Is-is that supposed to mean something? | 那… 这意味着什么吗 |
[24:46] | Mm. Catching a yawn | 跟着别人打哈欠 |
[24:48] | is indicative of empathy. | 意味着移情 |
[24:51] | Sorry. When someone just says the word “Yawn” I yawn. | 抱歉 一有人说”打哈欠”这个词的时候我就会打哈欠 |
[24:54] | Exactly. Usually, when one person in a room yawns, | 正是 通常一有人开始打哈欠 |
[24:57] | everyone in the room yawns. | 房间里的每个人都会被传染 |
[24:59] | It’s a simple test psychologists use. | 这是心理学家常用的简单测试 |
[25:01] | A test for what? | 测试什么 |
[25:03] | Sociopathy. | 反社会人格 |
[25:05] | Sociopathy. | 反社会人格 |
[25:12] | What? | 怎么 |
[25:13] | You haven’t yawned yet. | 你还没有打哈欠 |
[25:15] | Sorry. I’m not a yawner. | 抱歉 我可不是打哈欠爱好者 |
[25:17] | Does that make me a bad person? | 因为这个我就成了坏人吗 |
[25:19] | Well, unless I misunderstood, it sounds like Bull is saying | 除非是我误解 根据布尔的意思 |
[25:21] | it makes you a sociopath. | 你现在就是个反社会者 |
[25:23] | Not exactly. We rely on other indicators as well. | 不完全是 也要看其他指标 |
[25:27] | But… So the kid doesn’t yawn, | 但是… 所以那孩子不打哈欠 |
[25:29] | and you’re saying he might be a sociopath. | 你就说他可能有反社会人格 |
[25:31] | I’m saying I suspect he lacks empathy. | 我是怀疑他可能缺乏移情能力 |
[25:34] | I listened to that 911 call again. | 我重听了几遍那段911通话 |
[25:37] | – And? – And it | – 然后呢 – 然后那段对话 |
[25:39] | is a sales pitch. | 是在推销 |
[25:41] | Uh, what does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[25:42] | Well, why do you call 911? | 你为什么打911呢 |
[25:44] | To get help. | 为了求助 |
[25:45] | Exactly. And, to me, | 正是 而在我看来 |
[25:48] | it just sounded like Charlie | 查理听上去 |
[25:50] | was trying to get a story out. | 只是想把一个故事说出来 |
[25:53] | And people who call 911 | 而拨打911的人 |
[25:55] | rarely say someone’s dead. | 很少会说有人死了 |
[25:57] | But Theo was dead. | 但修确实死了 |
[25:59] | It doesn’t matter. People usually hold out hope | 跟这个没关系 因为人们总是心存希望 |
[26:01] | until someone definitively says it’s over, | 直到有人告诉他们一切已经终结 |
[26:03] | that their loved one absolutely can’t be saved. | 他们心爱的人已经完全不可能被救回 |
[26:05] | Okay, assuming Charlie is a sociopath, | 那好 假设查理是反社会者 |
[26:08] | how does that affect our case? | 这对我们的案子又有什么影响呢 |
[26:10] | Sociopaths are pathological liars. | 反社会者会无法控制地撒谎 |
[26:13] | So are you saying he lied | 所以你是在说 |
[26:14] | about how the bullet got into the gun? | 他在枪里有子弹这件事上撒谎了吗 |
[26:17] | So maybe Eric’s recollection was correct. | 也许艾瑞克的回忆也许是正确的 |
[26:19] | Maybe he didn’t leave a loaded gun in the house. | 也许他并没有把装有子弹的枪留在家里 |
[26:23] | I think that little boy loaded the gun. | 我想是那小男孩自己填的子弹 |
[26:25] | And I think he shot his brother | 并且冷静地 |
[26:28] | in cold blood. | 蓄意射杀了自己的哥哥 |
[26:42] | You’re not gonna tell them… your theory | 你不会跟他们说的吧… 你那个 |
[26:44] | about their son? | 关于他们小儿子的理论 |
[26:46] | No, not at this point. Not until I can prove it. | 我能证明之前都不会说 |
[26:51] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[26:53] | Jace, Mr. Colón. | 杰斯 科隆先生 |
[26:55] | Everything all right? | 一切还好吗 |
[26:56] | Yeah. Everything’s terrific. | 是啊 一切都好 |
[26:58] | Glad to see you brought Charlie along. | 很高兴你们把查理带来了 |
[27:00] | It’s important for the jury to see | 在您作证的时候让陪审团看见 |
[27:02] | the whole family in there while you’re testifying. | 整个家庭是很重要的 |
[27:04] | See that there’s something to save. | 要让他们看到还有可以挽回的一面 |
[27:07] | By the way, this is Danny James. | 顺便一说 这位是丹尼·詹姆斯 |
[27:10] | Mr. And Mrs. Crawford, Charlie. | 你们好 科鲁夫先生 夫人 还有查理 |
[27:11] | She’s an investigator who works with me, and I was wondering | 她是与我合作的调查员 |
[27:14] | if it was possible for her to take one more look | 不知道能不能让她到你们家里 |
[27:17] | inside your home? | 再看一看吗 |
[27:18] | One more look at the crime scene, | 再看一看犯罪现场 |
[27:20] | see if there’s anything we missed? | 看看我们是否漏掉了什么 |
[27:23] | Oh. The housekeeper’s there today. | 管家今天在家 |
[27:25] | I’ll give her a call. She can let you in. | 我给她打个电话 她会让你进去的 |
[27:28] | – Terrific. – Mr. Crawford, | – 太好了 – 科鲁夫先生 |
[27:30] | we all saw the tape. | 我们都看了录像带 |
[27:32] | You and your late son making your way | 您跟您的小儿子 |
[27:34] | towards the exit of the gun range. | 走向射击场出口 |
[27:37] | Signs imploring you | 有标志提示您 |
[27:39] | to check that your gun is empty. | 检查枪支是否腾空 |
[27:43] | You seemingly ignoring those signs. | 您似乎无视了这些标志 |
[27:46] | Talking on the phone. | 那时您在打电话 |
[27:49] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[27:51] | Why wouldn’t you check to see if your gun was empty? | 为什么您不去检查枪支是不是空的 |
[27:59] | Well, I’ve thought about that moment a great deal. | 好吧 我不停回想了那一刻 |
[28:03] | At the time, | 在当时 |
[28:05] | I would have sworn on my son’s life… | 我可以用我儿子的生命发誓… |
[28:10] | …that the gun was empty. | …枪里没有子弹 |
[28:12] | And the truth is, I’m still prepared | 事实上 现在我依然能够发誓 |
[28:14] | to swear that it was empty. | 那是把空枪 |
[28:16] | The gun holds six bullets. | 那把枪能装六发子弹 |
[28:18] | Six. | 六发 |
[28:21] | Theo shot, | 修开枪了 |
[28:23] | which was the reason we were there. | 这就是为什么我们会出现在那里 |
[28:25] | And then he gave… | 然后他… |
[28:28] | he gave the gun to me. | 他把枪给了我 |
[28:31] | I reloaded. | 我重新装弹 |
[28:32] | Six bullets. | 装了六发子弹 |
[28:35] | Took six shots. | 开了六枪 |
[28:37] | I can tell you where they struck on the target. | 我可以告诉你们枪击中的地方 |
[28:41] | I can tell you the clothes I was wearing. | 我当时穿了什么 |
[28:45] | The clothes he was wearing. | 他当时穿了什么 |
[28:48] | I mean, I can tell you what was in my pockets. | 我是说 我可以告诉你我口袋里有什么 |
[28:52] | Where we ate after we left the range. | 我们离开现场后吃了什么 |
[28:58] | What my wife wore to bed that night. | 那晚我妻子穿着什么入睡 |
[29:02] | What my youngest, Charlie, | 我从小儿子查理 |
[29:04] | was reading on his tablet when I took it from him, | 手中接过平板电脑时 他在看什么 |
[29:09] | told him it was time to go to sleep. | 我告诉他该睡觉了 |
[29:15] | I’m not-I’m not trying to make this hard for you. | 我不是故意要让你们难以抉择 |
[29:20] | Six bullets. | 六发子弹 |
[29:22] | Six shots. | 六枪 |
[29:25] | I swear to you. | 我发誓 |
[29:29] | I remember every damn one. | 我记得那该死的每一发 |
[29:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:37] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[29:39] | Oh, my God. They believe him. | 我的天啊 他们相信他了 |
[29:41] | Three of them believe him. We just got | 他们中有三个人信了 我们起码 |
[29:43] | three greens. | 得到了三枚投票 |
[29:48] | That was a nice story. | 很棒的故事 |
[29:50] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[29:52] | You’re badgering the witness, counselor. | 你在纠缠证人 律师 |
[29:54] | You’re not five words | 你的交叉求证 |
[29:56] | into your cross examination and you’re badgering the witness. | 还没说了五个字 你就开始纠缠证人了 |
[30:01] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 我很抱歉 法官大人 |
[30:03] | Let’s start again, please. | 我们重新来过 |
[30:05] | All right. | 好的 |
[30:08] | Mr. Crawford, | 科鲁夫先生 |
[30:10] | we all heard your testimony, | 我们都听到了你的证词 |
[30:13] | and it was very moving. | 很令人动容 |
[30:16] | So what now? | 那么现在呢 |
[30:19] | Your son is still dead. | 你儿子已经死了 |
[30:22] | Dead from a gunshot wound. | 死于枪击 |
[30:24] | The bullet somehow | 子弹不知如何 |
[30:27] | found its way into the gun. | 装进了枪里 |
[30:29] | You just testified | 你刚刚只是证明了 |
[30:30] | that you didn’t put it in there. | 不是你放的而已 |
[30:33] | So, | 所以 |
[30:34] | did Theodore, your oldest son, put it in there? | 是不是你的大儿子 修放进去的呢 |
[30:37] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[30:39] | Objection sustained. | 反对有效 |
[30:40] | – The jury will – Or could it have been | – 陪审团将 – 也可能是 |
[30:41] | – disregar… – your youngest child? | – 退席 – 你小儿子干的 |
[30:42] | – Maybe he did it? – Your Honor! | – 也许是他做的 – 法官大人 |
[30:44] | Or was it the gun range fairy, who always knows | 或者有个手枪精灵之类的 它永远知道 |
[30:47] | – Oh, geez… – Your Honor! | – 老天啊 – 法官大人 |
[30:48] | What’s in your pocket and loves to make you think you shot | 你口袋有些什么 并且让你自以为开了六枪 |
[30:50] | six bullets when you only shot five! | 而实际上你只开了五枪 |
[30:53] | That’s it! | 够了 |
[30:55] | You have exhausted my patience. | 你把我耐心都耗尽了 |
[30:58] | One more time, Ms. Glover, | 你再敢这样 格拉芙女士 |
[31:01] | and I will hold you in contempt. | 下次我会以藐视法庭罪起诉你 |
[31:05] | I have no further questions for this witness. | 我没有问题要问证人了 |
[31:12] | Bull… | 布尔… |
[31:14] | two of our three green jurors don’t believe him anymore. | 我们三个陪审员中 有两个不相信他了 |
[31:21] | Any way you can get a sitter for tonight? | 你今晚能找个保姆吗 |
[31:36] | As you know, we’ve been doing quite a bit of investigating, | 如你所知 我们已经对涉案人员 |
[31:39] | getting to know everyone involved. | 做了大量调查 |
[31:42] | And we have a theory | 关于到底是谁装填的子弹 |
[31:44] | as to who might have put that bullet in the gun. | 我们有了一个推测 |
[31:49] | Well, unfortunately, there were no | 不幸的是 |
[31:50] | discernible fingerprints or DNA on the spent shell casing. | 在弹壳上没有找到可辨别的指纹或DNA |
[31:55] | But I did find something interesting | 但我在查理的卧室里 |
[31:57] | in Charlie’s bedroom. | 发现了些有趣的东西 |
[32:00] | Okay. Charlie’s notebook. | 好吧 查理的笔记本 |
[32:02] | Charlie’s World Affairs notebook. | 查理记录世界大事的笔记本 |
[32:04] | I’m not clear on what we’re talking about here. | 我不太明白我们在说什么 |
[32:07] | I’m not clear on who we’re talking about here. | 我不明白我们在说谁 |
[32:10] | If you’ll open the back cover. | 请翻开封底 |
[32:17] | Turn the page. | 翻页 |
[32:21] | Turn the page. Turn the page. | 翻页 翻页 |
[32:30] | What is it you think we’re looking at here? | 我们到底在看什么 |
[32:33] | Are-are we having a conversation about Charlie? | 我们是在讨论查理吗 |
[32:37] | I need to know if we’re talking about Charlie. | 我想知道 我们是不是在说查理 |
[32:40] | We believe Charlie may have been trying to gain access | 我们认为 查理可能一直在试图 |
[32:42] | to the closet safe. | 打开壁橱的保险箱 |
[32:44] | It appears that, over the course of several months… | 看来 在几个月的时间里… |
[32:48] | …he tried every conceivable | …他尝试了所有能想到的 |
[32:50] | four-digit combination. | 四位数组合 |
[32:52] | Doing it in a very organized, | 做这事的时候 还非常地有组织 |
[32:54] | very systemic way, | 非常系统 |
[32:57] | and he finally gave up when he got to the sixes. | 最后当他试到数字六时 便放弃了 |
[33:00] | Okay, I think you people are out of your minds. | 你们疯了吧 |
[33:03] | That’s not what this is. That’s not who Charlie is. | 事情才不是这样 查理不是这种人 |
[33:06] | There’s more. | 还有呢 |
[33:08] | I’ve been doing a fairly exhaustive search | 我一直在网上做着详尽的调查 |
[33:10] | online, trying to get a sense of Charlie’s cyber life. | 想要了解查理的网络生活 |
[33:14] | Your son maintained a number of secret online accounts. | 你们的儿子拥有许多秘密的网上账户 |
[33:18] | He had dozens of screen names and profiles. | 他有一大堆化名和档案 |
[33:20] | Okay, so he’s a kid. That’s what they do. | 好吧 他还是个孩子啊 小孩都喜欢这么干 |
[33:22] | – They-they live on their devices. – I found hundreds | – 他们就指着社交网络活呢 – 我在 |
[33:24] | of messages in dozens of private chat rooms, | 几十个私人聊天室里发现了数百条信息 |
[33:27] | most of them about his older brother, | 大部分是在说他哥哥 |
[33:29] | most of them violent, | 大部分内容是暴力的 |
[33:33] | dark, | 黑暗的 |
[33:35] | disturbing. | 令人不安的 |
[33:37] | He was clearly preoccupied with his brother’s death. | 显然 他一心想着他哥哥死 |
[33:45] | Okay. I’m-I’m done here. | 好吧 我受够了 |
[33:47] | This is… | 这真是… |
[33:54] | There were also a multitude of Google searches | 还有大量关于如何装弹 |
[33:57] | on how to load and shoot revolvers. | 和射击左轮手枪的谷歌搜索历史 |
[34:00] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[34:04] | I know how devastating this is to hear… | 我知道这对你们打击很大… |
[34:09] | …but I would not be discussing this with you | …但我之所以和你们说了 |
[34:10] | if I didn’t think… | 就是因为我… |
[34:12] | if I was not | 我有理有据地 |
[34:15] | reasonably certain… | 确定这个推论的真实性… |
[34:18] | I believe your son is dangerous, | 我认为你们的儿子是个危险人物 |
[34:21] | and I believe he intentionally killed his brother. | 而且故意杀害了他哥哥 |
[34:26] | Bu… I-I know my son. He’s not a monster. | 但… 我了解我儿子 他不是怪物 |
[34:29] | We did not raise a killer. | 我们没有养出一个杀人凶手 |
[34:31] | If we can just | 如果我们 |
[34:32] | take a minute to talk about the case. | 先回过头来谈谈现在的案子 |
[34:35] | By any metric, we are poised to lose. | 无论以何种标准衡量 我们都注定败诉 |
[34:38] | And I believe you’re facing | 我相信 你将面临 |
[34:40] | an extended term in prison. | 长期监禁 |
[34:43] | Which means you will be living | 也就是说 你将会单独 |
[34:44] | alone with Charlie. | 和查理住在一起了 |
[34:46] | This is absurd. My son would never hurt me. | 太荒谬了 我儿子永远不会伤害我的 |
[34:48] | My-my son would never | 我儿子绝不会 |
[34:49] | – hurt anyone. – What-what… | – 伤害任何人 – 你 你… |
[34:51] | what are you suggesting, Jason? | 你想说什么 杰森 |
[34:52] | What do we do? | 我们该怎么做 |
[34:53] | Is this something that-that can be treated? | 有什么治疗方法吗 |
[34:55] | Something that can be cured? | 有没有可能治愈 |
[34:57] | Cured, no. | 治愈是不可能的 |
[34:59] | There are treatment options | 尝试调整他行为的 |
[35:01] | that will attempt to modify his behavior. | 治疗方法有 |
[35:04] | Drugs. But | 药物治疗之类的 但是 |
[35:05] | there’s nothing that’s gonna fix the underlying condition. | 这些都无法解决潜在的问题 |
[35:08] | There is no cure | 反社会人格 |
[35:11] | for sociopathy. | 无药可医 |
[35:12] | Oh, my God, Eric. This… this is not who he is. This… | 艾瑞克 他… 他不是这样的 他… |
[35:16] | Eric, | 艾瑞克 |
[35:17] | Lena, I have to be honest. | 伦娜 我必须坦白 |
[35:19] | If I could, I would report him to the authorities. | 如果可以的话 我会向当局告发他 |
[35:22] | That’s how dangerous I think he is. | 这足以看出他有多危险了 |
[35:25] | But I can’t. No one here can. | 但我不能 受律师-当事人关系的限制 |
[35:27] | We’re a part of his legal team | 作为他的律师团队 |
[35:28] | and we are bound by attorney-client privilege. | 这里的每个人都不能 |
[35:31] | You can. | 你能 |
[35:33] | You can report him. | 你可以告发他 |
[35:42] | You people are insane. | 你们这群人都疯了 |
[35:46] | Eric, I want to go. | 艾瑞克 我不想呆在这了 |
[35:51] | Eric. I need to go. | 艾瑞克 我必须得走了 |
[36:19] | You write a closing argument? | 你写结案陈词了吗 |
[36:22] | I did. | 写了 |
[36:23] | Think it’ll make a difference? | 你觉得会有用吗 |
[36:24] | None whatsoever. | 一点也不 |
[36:27] | This is a first. | 从没发生过这种事 |
[36:28] | I think I’ve been outsmarted by a 13-year-old. | 我觉得我们被一个十三岁的小孩耍了 |
[36:32] | It’s not like we had a lot to work with. | 我们也确实无计可施 |
[36:35] | Two witnesses. | 两个证人 |
[36:36] | One dead, the other a pathological liar. | 一个已经死了 另一个还是病态撒谎者 |
[36:44] | He is, isn’t he? | 他确实是 不是吗 |
[36:46] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[36:48] | Our client. | 查理 |
[36:50] | Our original client, Charlie, | 拜托我们来辩护的 |
[36:51] | the one we were hired to defend… | 我们最初的委托人 |
[36:53] | he’s a pathological liar. | 是个病态撒谎者 |
[36:56] | Mr. And Mrs. Crawford. | 科鲁夫先生 科鲁夫太太 |
[36:59] | Any chance I can speak to you two in private? | 我能不能和你们单独聊几句 |
[37:02] | I’ve secured the courthouse conference room. | 我借了法院的会议室 |
[37:06] | Not to worry, I’ll sit with Charlie. | 别担心 我会陪着查理的 |
[37:19] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[37:23] | Nothing to worry about. | 没什么要紧的 |
[37:26] | What are you playing? What game is that? | 你在玩什么游戏呢 |
[37:29] | Wh…What…what is Mr. Colón telling my parents? | 科隆先生要和我爸妈说什么 |
[37:32] | Is everything all right? Has something changed? | 一切进展顺利吗 有什么变动吗 |
[37:36] | I don’t want to get your hopes up. | 我不想让你抱太大希望 |
[37:38] | Tell me. Please. | 告诉我吧 求你了 |
[37:42] | Charlie… | 查理… |
[37:46] | Well, there’s a new | 我们发现了一项 |
[37:48] | kind of technology we found out about from the Netherlands. | 来自荷兰的新技术 |
[37:55] | What happens is these | 这项技术 |
[37:56] | forensic clinicians discovered a way | 把废弃的弹壳 |
[37:58] | of soaking spent shell casings in a chemical, | 浸泡在化学物质中 就能提取到DNA |
[38:01] | and apparently they were able to extract DNA | 荷兰法医们这项空前的发现 |
[38:03] | that we’ve never been able to before. | 为办案带来了很大的便利 |
[38:05] | So… | 这… |
[38:07] | So what does that mean? | 这又意味着什么呢 |
[38:09] | It means, if it works… | 这意味着 如果它真的有用… |
[38:13] | and everybody seems to think it will… | 并且人们也如此相信 |
[38:15] | we should be able to tell who loaded the bullet into the gun | 我们就能找到给枪上膛的人 |
[38:18] | that killed your brother. | 找出杀死你哥哥的真凶了 |
[38:23] | Look, it came out of a fresh box of ammo. | 你看 子弹是从一盒新的弹药盒里取出来的 |
[38:25] | There’s no reason for anyone else to have touched it, right? | 除了凶手还能有谁动过它呢 不是吗 |
[38:30] | So I have someone who works for me | 所以我们聊天的时候 |
[38:33] | flying to the Netherlands | 我的人就已经把子弹壳 |
[38:34] | with the casing as we speak. | 空运到荷兰去了 |
[38:41] | But it’s no guarantee. | 但它不一定有用 |
[38:43] | Look, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我很抱歉 我不该说这些的 |
[38:46] | If for some reason it doesn’t work, I got your hopes up. | 如果它最后没起效 我又给了你希望的话 |
[38:49] | Dr. Bull. | 布尔博士 |
[38:52] | You’re still part of my legal team, right? | 你还是我的律师团队 对吧 |
[38:55] | Anything I tell you | 我跟你说过的事 |
[38:57] | stays a secret, doesn’t it? | 你都得保密 对不对 |
[39:01] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[39:05] | What would happen if they found my DNA on that shell casing? | 如果他们在子弹壳上发现了我的DNA会怎么样 |
[39:10] | Charlie Crawford, Eric Crawford’s | 查理·科鲁夫 艾瑞克·科鲁夫 |
[39:12] | surviving son, confessed to me | 仅存的儿子向我承认了 |
[39:15] | that he intentionally murdered | 是他谋杀了 |
[39:17] | his older brother. | 自己的哥哥 |
[39:19] | He explained that when his brother went | 他告诉我 在哥哥跑去查看 |
[39:21] | to see if his parents had arrived home early, | 父母有没有提前回家的时候 |
[39:23] | he, Charlie, loaded the gun, | 他 查理 给枪上了膛 |
[39:25] | and when his brother returned to tell him they were still alone, | 等哥哥回来告诉他 父母没有提前回家时 |
[39:28] | Charlie shot him in the head | 查理朝他的头部开了枪 |
[39:30] | and made it look like an accident. | 并把一切伪装成是意外 |
[39:33] | Your Honor, even if that were true, | 法官阁下 就算这是真相 |
[39:36] | Dr. Bull is part of Charlie Crawford’s legal team. | 布尔博士也不能把这段供词说出来 |
[39:39] | That confession is privileged. | 他还是查理·科鲁夫律师团的成员 |
[39:41] | Normally, it would be. | 一般情况下是这样的 |
[39:42] | But the one thing that trumps attorney-client privilege | 但有一件事要优先于保密特权 那就是 |
[39:45] | is perjury. | 伪证 |
[39:46] | He’s right. | 他说的没错 |
[39:48] | Charlie Crawford was | 查理·科鲁夫是 |
[39:50] | your first witness. | 你的第一目击证人 |
[39:53] | On the stand, under oath, | 但在证人席上 他发誓 |
[39:54] | he said his brother’s death was an accident, | 是因为有人把上了膛的枪放在 |
[39:57] | caused because someone left a loaded gun | 儿童可以拿到的地方 |
[40:00] | where children could access it. | 他哥哥才在这场意外中死去了 |
[40:03] | That’s a direct | 这和他今天 |
[40:04] | contradiction from what he confessed to Dr. Bull today, | 坦白给布尔博士的供词 完全不同 |
[40:08] | and that’s perjury. | 这就是伪证 |
[40:12] | So what are you asking me to do? | 所以你想让我做什么 |
[40:16] | Well, there is only one remedy for perjured testimony, | 对付伪证只有一种方法 |
[40:18] | that it be struck from the record, | 那就是把它从记录中删除 |
[40:20] | and if you strike this testimony, | 如果你质疑这段证词 |
[40:22] | the government has no case | 在没有证人作证的情况下 |
[40:23] | because there’s no one to testify | 政府也没法证明 |
[40:25] | the gun must have been loaded when Theo took it from the safe | 修从保险柜里拿出来的 是一把上膛了的枪 |
[40:27] | because, frankly, it wasn’t. | 因为事实上 它确实没有上膛 |
[40:34] | So what do we do about this boy? | 那我们要怎么处理这个男孩呢 |
[40:38] | Where is he? | 他现在在哪 |
[40:40] | He’s sitting in the hallway with his parents, | 在走廊 和他的父母坐在一起 |
[40:41] | who have no idea what their son told me | 他们还不知道自己儿子都说了些什么 |
[40:44] | or that I am in here discussing it with you. | 也不知道我们刚刚都聊了些什么 |
[40:50] | We charge him, | 我们会以 |
[40:53] | with perjury, | 伪证和谋杀的罪名 |
[40:56] | with murder. | 起诉他 |
[40:59] | Are you gonna take him into custody? | 你会拘留他吗 |
[41:03] | May I come with you? | 我能和你一起去吗 |
[41:08] | Mr. Colón, | 科隆先生 |
[41:10] | will you join me in the courtroom, please? | 你能和我一起去法庭吗 |
[41:13] | Your second chair is here? | 你的次席在这吗 |
[41:15] | – Yes, Your Honor. – Al right. | – 在 法官阁下 – 好吧 |
[41:17] | Let’s go in there. | 我们进去吧 |
[41:19] | I’ll dismiss the charges against Eric Crawford, | 我会撤销对艾瑞克·科鲁夫的指控 |
[41:22] | and I’ll discharge the jury. | 然后解散陪审团 |
[41:35] | I guess there’s no time like the present. | 我想再也没有比这更好的时机了 |
[41:38] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[41:40] | I haven’t been getting much sleep. | 我最近睡眠不足 |
[41:43] | Well, I don’t know what my excuse is. | 我也不知道我是怎么了 |
[41:47] | You’re human. | 毕竟是人类 |
[41:57] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[41:59] | They wouldn’t even talk to me. | 他们都不和我说话了 |
[42:02] | Wouldn’t even look at me. | 甚至都不愿意看我一眼了 |
[42:05] | Aw, come on, Bull. | 别这样 布尔 |
[42:08] | You didn’t have a choice. | 你也没得选 |
[42:10] | Couldn’t let your friend go to prison | 你不能让自己的朋友 |
[42:13] | for something he didn’t do, | 无缘无故就进了监狱 |
[42:15] | and you couldn’t leave a dangerous kid like that | 你也不能让一个这么危险的孩子 |
[42:17] | on the street. | 在街上乱逛 |
[42:19] | That dangerous kid was their child. | 这个危险的孩子是他们的儿子 |
[42:22] | Their only child. | 唯一的孩子了 |
[42:24] | You didn’t have a choice. | 你别无选择 |
[42:29] | This parenting thing. | 到底要怎么做父母… |
[42:32] | I don’t know, Benny. | 我不懂 本尼 |