时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Unconscious male. No wallet. No ID. | 男性 昏迷 未见钱包 身份证件 |
[00:10] | Stab wound to the upper left chest, | 左胸上部刺伤 |
[00:11] | fifth intercostal space. | 位于第五肋间隙 |
[00:12] | Find a chest cracker, please! | 快找医生做开胸手术 |
[00:15] | Hello, whoever you are. | 你好 不管你是谁 |
[00:17] | I’m not sure if you can hear me, but I’m Dr. Shadid. | 不知道你能否听得见我 我是沙迪医生 |
[00:19] | You’re in the operating room, at Sacred Heart, | 你在圣心医院的手术室里 |
[00:21] | and we’re going to take good care of you. | 我们会照顾好你的 |
[00:27] | His heart rate is falling. | 心率下降 |
[00:29] | 40. 20. He’s asystolic. | 四十 二十 心搏停止 |
[00:32] | Give him an amp of epi. Starting compressions. | 给他一剂肾上腺素 开始胸外按压 |
[00:35] | Come on. | 挺住 |
[00:36] | Come on! | 挺住 |
[00:38] | Still no pulse. | 依然无脉博 |
[00:39] | Get me the open thoracotomy kit. | 给我开胸手术包 |
[00:43] | Rib spreader, please. | 拿肋骨牵开器来 |
[00:50] | Bang bang, into the room. I know you want it. | # 知道你想 进入心房 # |
[00:53] | Bang bang, all over you. I let you have it. | # 身心投入 重获幸福 # |
[00:55] | Pardon my cold hands. | 手凉请见谅 |
[00:56] | You wait for me, let me take you there. | # 等着我带你回家 # |
[00:59] | Come on now. | 动起来啊 |
[01:01] | What’s your problem? | 怎么回事 |
[01:03] | Bang bang, there goes your heart. I know you want it. | # 看吧 你的心 # |
[01:11] | I’ve got a pulse. | 检测到脉搏 |
[01:18] | Penetrating wound, left ventricle. Staple gun. | 左心室有刺伤 拿缝合钉枪 |
[01:43] | You know, I’ve been doing this a few years now, Dr. Shadid. | 我参与手术有几年了 沙迪医生 |
[01:47] | Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone actually do that before. | 但之前没见过谁真这么做过 |
[01:52] | Hold someone’s heart in their hands. | 把心脏捧在手里 |
[01:55] | What’s that feel like? | 那是什么感觉 |
[02:00] | It’s actually rather humbling. | 感到自我卑微渺小 |
[02:04] | Dr. Shadid? Samir Shadid? | 是沙迪医生吗 萨米尔·沙迪 |
[02:07] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[02:08] | Special Agent | 我是联邦调查局 |
[02:10] | Campbell with the FBI, sir. | 特别探员坎铂 |
[02:12] | And you’re not special? | 那你是普通探员咯 |
[02:14] | Dr. Shadid, you’re under arrest. | 沙迪医生 你被捕了 |
[02:16] | You’re being charged with violation | 你被指控违反了 |
[02:17] | of 18 U.S.C., Sections 1341 and 1349. | 美国法典第十八编第1341和1349节 |
[02:20] | – Seriously? – Sir, please face the wall | – 真的吗 – 先生 请面对墙壁 |
[02:22] | – and put your hands behind your back. – Okay, wait a minute. | – 把手放到背后 – 等一等 |
[02:24] | There-there must be some kind of mistake. | 一定是出误会了 |
[02:25] | Sir, again, face the wall. Don’t make me use force. | 先生 再说一遍 面对墙壁 别让我动手 |
[02:29] | – Can’t… – Hands behind your back, please. | – 不… – 请把手放在背后 |
[02:31] | All right. | 好的 |
[02:37] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢去 |
[02:39] | Don’t I dare, what? | 我敢去什么 |
[02:42] | Go to work. | 去工作 |
[02:46] | I need you to get this baby out of me. | 我需要你把孩子从我这弄出来 |
[02:50] | It was due yesterday, | 昨天就到预产期了 |
[02:52] | and yesterday is now today. | 昨天又拖到今天 |
[02:53] | I’ve-I’ve fulfilled my share of the bargain. | 我完成了协议内我的部分 |
[02:56] | It is now on you. | 该你了 |
[02:57] | Okay. What would you like me to do? | 那好 你想让我做些什么 |
[03:02] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:04] | Oh, my back hurts. Oh, my front hurts. | 我后背疼 我前胸疼 |
[03:06] | Oh, my insides hurt. Oh, God. | 心肝脾肺脏疼 天啊 |
[03:09] | My outsides hurt. | 四肢躯干也疼 |
[03:12] | And a very good morning to you. | 大大的早安送给你 |
[03:14] | You do remember that the doctor said yesterday | 你还记得医生昨天说的吗 |
[03:17] | that it was gonna be another two weeks? | 说还要等两周 |
[03:18] | She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. | 她在胡言乱语 |
[03:20] | She’s the one that originally said “Yesterday.” | 就是她说的临产期是”昨天” |
[03:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[03:28] | You’re not actually making a call. | 你不是在打电话吧 |
[03:30] | I have a text, a new client… | 我收到短信 有新客户… |
[03:33] | A potential new client. | 一名潜在新客户 |
[03:35] | We are talking. | 咱们正说话呢 |
[03:38] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:40] | I got a text. | 接到了短信 |
[03:43] | We are talking. What were you saying? | 而我们这边还说着话 你刚才说什么了 |
[03:45] | I was saying I don’t think I can go another day, | 我刚才说觉得自己不能再挺一天了 |
[03:48] | and you went and looked at your text. | 然后你就去看你的短信了 |
[03:50] | Izzy. I’m so sorry, but I am here, | 伊兹 对不起 我在这呢 |
[03:53] | and we are in this together, | 我们要并肩面对 |
[03:55] | but you can’t expect the world to stop | 可你不能因为有孕在身 |
[03:57] | just because you’re pregnant. | 就想让全世界停下来 |
[03:59] | Well, I expect your world to stop. | 我希望你的全世界停下来 |
[04:01] | God knows mine has. | 我的已经停了 |
[04:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:08] | Oh, my God. Now you’re e-mailing. | 我的天啊 你又在发邮件了 |
[04:11] | I’m trying to answer the question that you just asked. | 我在试着回答你刚才的问题 |
[04:15] | “How to induce labor.” | “如何引产” |
[04:19] | Yeah. Number one, light exercise. | 有了 第一条 轻度运动 |
[04:26] | It suggests that we might try having sex. | 它建议我们可以试着做爱 |
[04:30] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[04:32] | Yeah. So… | 好吧 那么… |
[04:36] | Well, spicy food. | 吃辣 |
[04:37] | Spicy food? Really? | 吃辣 真的吗 |
[04:40] | I like spicy food. | 我爱吃辣 |
[04:42] | Okay. Now we just have to find an Indian restaurant | 那好 我们只需找一家 |
[04:45] | that’s open at 7:22 in the morning, | 早上七点二十二开门的印度菜馆 |
[04:48] | that delivers. | 还能送外卖 |
[04:50] | Delivers? | 外卖 |
[04:51] | Izzy, I have to go to work, | 伊兹 我得去工作 |
[04:53] | but I promise I will run back here the second that you call. | 但我保证你一打电话我就赶回家 |
[04:56] | Just stay and eat with me. | 你就留下来跟我吃个饭吧 |
[05:05] | Nice of you to make an appearance. | 你能露面太好了 |
[05:06] | I’m pregnant. Show some compassion. | 我怀孕了 有点同情心吧 |
[05:08] | Oh, please, you’re barely showing. | 拜托 你几乎不露面 |
[05:11] | Why do you smell like vindaloo at 9:00 a.m.? | 上午九点你为什么带着印度辣咖喱味 |
[05:13] | Why are you escorting me from the elevator? | 为什么你从出电梯就跟着我 |
[05:15] | Well, a potential client just reached out, | 刚接触到一名潜在客户 |
[05:17] | a Dr. Samir Shadid. | 一位叫萨米尔·沙迪的医生 |
[05:19] | He’s a cardiac surgeon at Sacred Heart. | 他在圣心做心脏外科医生 |
[05:21] | He’s gotten caught up in the college admissions scandal | 他被发现卷入了传得满城风雨的 |
[05:24] | everyone’s talking about. | 高校录取作弊门 |
[05:25] | Apparently, the U.S. Attorney here in Manhattan | 显然 曼哈顿的联邦检察官 |
[05:27] | wants it in the action. | 想对其发起诉讼 |
[05:28] | In the last 24 hours, | 过去二十四小时内 |
[05:30] | she arrested over 50 potential suspects. | 她逮捕了超五十名嫌疑人 |
[05:33] | So where does Dr. Shadid’s kid go to college? | 沙迪医生的孩子在哪里读大学 |
[05:37] | He doesn’t. In fact, there is no kid. | 实际上 他没有孩子 |
[05:40] | They’re saying Dr. Shadid cheated his way into college. | 他们说是沙迪医生靠作弊进入了大学 |
[05:43] | He went to Hudson University, | 他念的是哈德逊大学 |
[05:44] | class of 2009. | 2009届 |
[05:47] | 2009? That’s over a decade ago. | 2009 那是十多年前了 |
[05:50] | – Is he out on bail? – Yeah, but the hospital | – 他保释出来了吗 – 出来了 |
[05:52] | suspended him until the case is resolved. | 但是医院停了他的职 停到案件解决 |
[05:54] | But that notwithstanding, if he’s acquitted, | 尽管如此 医院已经宣布 |
[05:57] | they’ve already announced | 如果他被判无罪 |
[05:58] | that they will take him back with open arms. | 医院会欢迎他回来工作 |
[05:59] | That’s damned understanding of them. | 他们可真体谅人啊 |
[06:02] | By all accounts, he’s well-liked and well-respected | 据大家说 同事们很喜欢 尊重他 |
[06:05] | by his colleagues and adored by his patients. | 病人们也喜欢他 |
[06:08] | He had just saved a man’s life when FBI agents grabbed him. | 联调局逮捕他时 他刚救下一个人 |
[06:11] | So who referred this guy to TAC? | 是谁把这个人的案子送到司令部的 |
[06:13] | – No one. – Uh, you are going to love this. | – 没人 – 你会喜欢这个的 |
[06:16] | He was a juror on one of our cases last year. | 他之前是我们去年某个案子的陪审员 |
[06:19] | A former juror. | 前陪审员 |
[06:21] | I don’t think we’ve ever had one of those. | 我觉得我们之前没遇到过这种情况 |
[06:24] | Did he give us a good review on Yelp? | 他在Yelp给我们好评了吗 |
[06:28] | Dr. Shadid, the A.U.S.A. Is alleging | 沙迪医生 联邦助理检察官声称 |
[06:32] | that you and your father conspired with a middleman. | 你和你父亲跟一名中介合谋 |
[06:34] | A middleman who then bribed an admissions officer | 该中介当时贿赂了 |
[06:38] | at Hudson University to get you into college. | 哈德逊大学的一名招生人员把你弄进大学 |
[06:42] | Look, I never conspired with anyone to do anything. | 听着 我没和任何人合谋干过任何违法勾当 |
[06:46] | The first I heard about a bribe was early this morning | 我第一次听到贿赂是在 |
[06:50] | when I was arrested. | 今早我被捕的时候 |
[06:52] | Well, they must have some proof. | 他们一定掌握了一些证据 |
[06:54] | You’ve been indicted by a federal grand jury. | 你被联邦大陪审团起诉了 |
[06:58] | Okay, well, in retrospect, | 好吧 回想一下的话 |
[07:01] | I suppose it’s possible my father paid someone off. | 我猜可能是我父亲给了别人钱 |
[07:06] | Suppose? | 你猜 |
[07:07] | He talked about me going to Hudson | 从我记事开始 他就一直说 |
[07:10] | as long as I can remember. | 让我去念哈德逊大学 |
[07:11] | He went to a-a state school. | 他念的是州立大学 |
[07:14] | Always felt he had missed something, I think. | 我想 他总觉得自己错过了些什么 |
[07:18] | Who’s representing your father? | 谁是你父亲的辩护律师 |
[07:19] | I’d like to coordinate our efforts. | 我想对接我们的工作 |
[07:21] | My father passed away five years ago. | 我父亲五年前过世了 |
[07:24] | Oh. Sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:27] | Well, unfortunately, without your father, | 那么不幸的是 既然你父亲不在世 |
[07:28] | we’ll need someone else to corroborate your innocence. | 我们需要其他人来证实你无罪 |
[07:31] | How about your mother? | 你母亲呢 |
[07:33] | My mother will do anything she can to help. | 我母亲愿意做任何事来提供协助 |
[07:35] | She was the one who put up my bail. | 是她给我交的保释金 |
[07:37] | But I’m here to tell you, | 但我要跟你们说 |
[07:38] | the first she heard about any of this | 她第一次听说这件事 |
[07:40] | is when I was arrested this morning. | 是在我今早被捕的时候 |
[07:42] | She was just as surprised as I was. | 她和我一样感到措手不及 |
[07:45] | Look, I’m not a lawyer, | 我不是律师 |
[07:48] | but if this happened, | 但如果我爸确实干了这事 |
[07:50] | it happened a long time ago. | 也是很久之前的事了 |
[07:52] | Isn’t there a… a statute of limitations or something? | 难道没有一个时效限制什么的吗 |
[07:55] | Well, I spoke with the prosecutor. | 我和检控官谈了 |
[07:58] | She’s arguing that the statute of limitations has been extended | 她认为由于这是一起持续性犯罪 |
[08:02] | because this is a continuing crime. | 所以时效限制被延长了 |
[08:04] | See, your medical practice is a result of your medical degree, | 因为你看 你能从医是因为你有医学学位 |
[08:08] | which is a result of your college education, | 这又是你接受大学教育的结果 |
[08:10] | which you obtained illegally. | 而大学教育是你非法获得的 |
[08:13] | Is that normal? | 这个说法很常见吗 |
[08:15] | Well, it’s a new one on me, | 我是第一次遇到 |
[08:18] | but then this whole case is a new one on me. | 但这整个案件对我来说都是头一次遇到 |
[08:26] | Court will hear United States v. Dr. Samir Shadid. | 法庭将审理美国政府控诉萨米尔·沙迪医生案件 |
[08:28] | If Mr. Shadid and his counsel | 请沙迪先生与代表律师 |
[08:30] | will please step forward. | 上前 |
[08:37] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[08:40] | we submit that this prosecution | 我们认为该起诉讼 |
[08:43] | is a travesty of justice. | 是对正义的讽刺 |
[08:45] | Dr. Shadid is an esteemed surgeon | 沙迪医生是位受人尊敬的外科医生 |
[08:48] | with a spotless record. | 具有完美的业绩 |
[08:50] | He was arrested as he was leaving the operating room, | 他被逮捕时正完成了一场挽救生命的手术 |
[08:53] | having just performed a life-saving procedure. | 刚刚离开手术室 |
[08:56] | In addition, this so-called fraud | 另外 这场被指控的所谓诈骗 |
[08:58] | is alleged to have happened ten years ago. | 发生在十年前 |
[09:01] | Ten years ago. | 十年前 |
[09:03] | And we haven’t seen a scintilla of evidence | 而且我们还没看到任何一点证据 |
[09:06] | that connects my client to any of it. | 证明我的委托人与此有关 |
[09:08] | What are you asking me to do, Mr. Colón? | 科隆先生 你的提议是什么 |
[09:10] | Well, Your Honor, there is only one fair and just thing to do. | 法官大人 唯一公平公正的办法就是 |
[09:14] | Let my client get back to his patients. | 让我的委托人回到医院照顾病人 |
[09:18] | Dismiss the charges for lack of evidence. | 因证据不足而驳回指控 |
[09:20] | Mm-hmm. And what do you have to support the charges, Ms. Lambert? | 那么兰博女士 你有支持指控的证据吗 |
[09:23] | We have grand jury testimony from a number of people, | 我们有一些来自大陪审团陪审员的证词 |
[09:27] | including an eyewitness | 包括一位目击者 |
[09:29] | who directly implicates | 他直接指出 |
[09:31] | the defendant for his role in the fraud. | 被告参与了欺诈行为 |
[09:34] | Government vehemently objects to this motion to dismiss. | 政府强烈反对撤销控诉 |
[09:36] | They have no grounds. | 他们没有理由 |
[09:38] | Simply a thinly veiled attempt to skirt the judicial process. | 想简单地掩饰以躲避司法程序 |
[09:41] | The government asserts | 政府宣称 |
[09:43] | that there should be no special treatment for the privileged. | 对于特权阶级不应该有特别待遇 |
[09:46] | Dr. Shadid should be required to go through the process | 沙迪医生需要跟其他人一样 |
[09:49] | just like everyone else. | 经历司法过程 |
[09:51] | Mm-hmm. The defendant’s motion to dismiss is denied, | 被告的撤诉提议被否决了 |
[09:54] | but the defense counsel’s point is well taken. | 但被告律师的观点我也会考虑 |
[09:56] | This man is a doctor. People’s lives | 他是一名医生 人们的生命和健康 |
[09:58] | and health depend upon him, so I’m gonna fast track this case. | 都在他手上 所以我要加快此案审理 |
[10:02] | If Dr. Shadid is acquitted, | 如果沙迪医生无罪释放 |
[10:04] | he can return to his patients that much sooner, | 他也可以尽快回到他的病人身边 |
[10:06] | and if he’s convicted, well, then his patients can find | 如果他的罪名成立 那么他的病人们 |
[10:10] | other arrangements in a timely fashion. | 也可以尽快做其他安排 |
[10:11] | This trial will begin tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. | 此案审理将在明早九点开始 |
[10:19] | Nice. | 很好 |
[10:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[10:23] | There’s nothing nice about it. | 一点都不好 |
[10:25] | The judge didn’t dismiss the charges. | 法官没有同意撤诉 |
[10:27] | Well, you got us to the front of the line. | 但你让我们的案子排在了第一个 |
[10:29] | We impanel a jury tomorrow. | 明天我们就会有陪审团名单 |
[10:30] | Nine times out of ten, a speedy trial benefits the defense. | 百分之九十的概率选择 快速审理对被告有利 |
[10:33] | Aren’t you forgetting something? | 你是不是忘了点什么 |
[10:35] | Could be. Happens. Your name again? | 也许 时有发生 你叫什么来着 |
[10:38] | Isn’t Izzy about to give birth? | 伊兹不是要生了吗 |
[10:42] | I didn’t press for a speedy trial because I knew, | 我没有要求快速审理 因为我知道 |
[10:45] | at any moment, you might be out of commission. | 你可能会随时离开 |
[10:46] | In fact, we both might be out of commission. | 事实是 我们俩都可能随时离开 |
[10:49] | Nah. We’re okay. | 没事 我们没事 |
[10:51] | They just told us it could be two weeks. | 他们说也许还有两个星期 |
[10:52] | Or it could be this afternoon. | 也可能是今天下午 |
[10:54] | They don’t know when it’s gonna happen. It’s all a guess. | 他们不知道什么时候会生 都是猜测 |
[10:58] | You sound like your sister. | 你说话像你姐姐 |
[11:11] | Wow. Look at all this press. | 瞧瞧这些媒体 |
[11:13] | I’m actually surprised. | 我真是很吃惊 |
[11:15] | I thought, with all the big TV stars out in Hollywood | 我以为有那么多好莱坞 |
[11:18] | getting hauled into court, | 大明星的案子 |
[11:19] | no one would care much about a doctor in New York. | 没人会关心一个纽约医生 |
[11:21] | Well, unfortunately, delighting in the misfortune of others, | 遗憾地是 娱乐别人的不幸 |
[11:23] | particularly when those others are successful, | 尤其是那些成功人士的不幸 |
[11:25] | has become a national pastime. | 已经成为了一种全民消遣 |
[11:27] | Yeah, but our client is a respected physician. | 是的 但我们委托人是一位受人尊敬的医师 |
[11:29] | You’d think people would admire him. | 我觉得人们应该会尊敬他 |
[11:31] | Unfortunately, in the current climate, his success | 遗憾的是 在目前的社会环境下 他的成功 |
[11:33] | is just gonna be another reason to have contempt for him. | 只会是大家厌恶他的另一个原因 |
[11:36] | You ever heard of tall poppy syndrome? | 你听说过仇富心理吗 |
[11:38] | Hmm. Can’t say that I have. | 没有 |
[11:39] | It’s when people are belittled or criticized | 说的是某人因为比常人更成功 |
[11:42] | for being more successful than the average guy. | 而遭到蔑视或指责 |
[11:44] | Now, the challenge for us | 现在我们的挑战是 |
[11:45] | is going to be identifying and dismissing anyone | 找出会因为我们客户的成功 |
[11:48] | who’s inclined to want to punish our client for his success. | 而惩罚他的人 并把他踢出陪审团 |
[11:52] | All right, so, | 那么 |
[11:53] | here’s a hypothetical. | 现在假设 |
[11:55] | You’ve got a cousin. | 你有一个表亲 |
[11:56] | The guy’s always been a big spender, | 他花钱一直大手大脚 |
[11:58] | always lived beyond his means. | 总是入不敷出 |
[11:59] | Then, one day, you find out | 然后有一天你发现 |
[12:02] | he files for bankruptcy. | 他申请了破产 |
[12:04] | What do you think? | 你怎么看这件事 |
[12:06] | Bankruptcy is a scam. | 申请破产就是一个骗局 |
[12:08] | It’s for cheaters who don’t want to pay their debts. | 都是那些不想偿还债务的骗子干的事 |
[12:11] | Ooh. That’s harsh. | 还真是尖锐啊 |
[12:13] | Give me a reason not to reject this fellow. | 这位不踢不行啊 |
[12:15] | Yeah, I don’t think there is one. | 是的 找不到不踢的理由 |
[12:16] | This guy is definitely bursting with schadenfreude. | 他的幸灾乐祸能量要爆炸了 |
[12:18] | He actually posted a smiley face on his social media page | 当他知道他前妻的房子被烧毁后 |
[12:22] | when he found out his ex-wife’s house burned down. | 他在他的社交媒体上发了一个笑脸表情 |
[12:26] | Actually, let’s withhold judgement. | 我们先不要着急下结论 |
[12:27] | We only have one challenge left, and I think it’s gonna come down | 我们只剩下一个抉择了 |
[12:30] | to a choice between the lesser of two evils. | 将在两位中选择伤害较小的一位 |
[12:33] | You talking about juror number eight? | 你是指八号陪审员 |
[12:35] | She’s the only one left. | 她是唯一剩下的了 |
[12:36] | Good morning, juror number eight. | 早上好 八号陪审员 |
[12:38] | And how about you? | 你怎么看这个问题 |
[12:40] | How do you feel about your newly bankrupt cousin? | 对于你的破产表亲 你有什么感觉 |
[12:43] | Well, I don’t feel anything. His finances are his business. | 没什么感觉 他的财务状况是他的个人问题 |
[12:46] | Wait a second. What’s so bad about her? | 等等 她的不利之处是什么 |
[12:48] | Theresa Richardson, 46 years old. | 特蕾莎·理查森 四十六岁 |
[12:50] | Looks to me like she is on her best behavior. | 在我看来 目前她是表现地很好 |
[12:53] | – How do you mean? – According to Taylor, | – 怎么说 – 根据泰勒的信息 |
[12:55] | just last week she sent out an office-wide e-mail | 上周 她向全办公室发了一封邮件 |
[12:58] | filled with snarky comments when it rained | 冷嘲热讽 |
[12:59] | at a coworker’s wedding that she wasn’t invited to. | 没邀请她的同事 婚礼下雨了 |
[13:02] | – Delightful. – Add to that | – 令人愉悦 – 此外 |
[13:04] | the fact she works for one of those pyramid marketing firms | 她在一家传销公司工作 |
[13:06] | selling skin care products. | 卖护肤产品 |
[13:08] | She was named best salesperson two years in a row. | 她连续两年被评为最佳销售 |
[13:12] | Okay. I see where you’re going with this. | 我现在有点明白你的意思了 |
[13:14] | A successful salesperson means that she’s, uh, an influencer. | 一位成功的销售意味着她很有影响力 |
[13:18] | Her negative opinion could impact the rest of the jury. | 她的负面意见将对其他的陪审员产生影响 |
[13:22] | Exactly. Problem is, you’re gonna | 正是 问题在于 |
[13:24] | either have to pick her or Mr. Harsh. | 你要么选她 要么选那位难搞先生 |
[13:27] | So what’s it gonna be? | 所以你将选谁 |
[13:28] | Lose the guy who hates cheaters. | 放弃那位讨厌”作弊者”的男士 |
[13:30] | We’ll never convince him to be on our side. | 我们永远不可能说服他站在我们这边 |
[13:32] | Juror number eight is acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 被告愿意接受八号陪审员 法官大人 |
[13:36] | Then we have a jury. | 那我们的陪审团就成立了 |
[13:40] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:41] | Dr. Bull, Mr. Colón? | 布尔博士 科隆先生 |
[13:43] | Sorry to bother you. | 打扰了 |
[13:45] | My name’s Ron Delancy. | 我叫瑞恩·德兰西 |
[13:46] | Nice to meet you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[13:48] | I’ve been watching you both all day in court. | 我今天一直有关注你们在庭上的表现 |
[13:50] | What can we do for you, Mr. Delancy? | 有什么事吗 德兰西先生 |
[13:54] | Ah. A lawyer. | 你是一位律师 |
[13:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:57] | You represent one of the other defendants? | 你是其他被告的代表律师吗 |
[13:59] | Not exactly. I am one of the other defendants. | 不完全是 我是其中一名被告 |
[14:02] | My mother and I were charged with paying | 我和我母亲被控告向 |
[14:04] | the same middleman as your client. | 你们同一个中间人行贿 |
[14:06] | We’re scheduled for trial next month. | 我们的案子被排在了下个月 |
[14:08] | And how can we help you? | 有什么可以帮到你的吗 |
[14:09] | Perhaps you’d consider representing me as well? | 也许你们也可以考虑做我的代表律师 |
[14:12] | Always happy to sit down. | 很愿意和您聊聊 |
[14:15] | Feel free to give us a call. | 欢迎来电 |
[14:16] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:18] | Ms. Josephson, how long | 约瑟森女士 |
[14:20] | were you an admissions officer at Hudson University? | 你在哈德森大学担任招生人员多久了 |
[14:22] | I was there for almost 22 years. | 已经有差不多二十二年了 |
[14:25] | So tell us, how is Hudson ranked? | 那么 哈德逊大学的排名如何呢 |
[14:28] | Is it considered a selective school? | 能算是精英大学吗 |
[14:31] | It’s up there with the Ivies. | 它属于常春藤大学 |
[14:32] | Every year, tens of thousands of students apply. | 每年都有数以万计的学生申请入学 |
[14:36] | During my tenure, I can tell you that less than eight percent | 根据我任职多年的经验 我可以说 |
[14:38] | of those applicants are ultimately admitted. | 只有不到百分之八的申请人能成功入学 |
[14:41] | And what is it that makes someone a desirable candidate | 那么 在哈德逊大学的入学委员会看来 |
[14:43] | to the Hudson admissions committee? | 一个理想的申请人应该具备什么呢 |
[14:45] | There are a variety of factors. | 我们会看很多因素 |
[14:47] | Grades, of course, SAT scores, | 成绩好是肯定的 比如高考成绩 |
[14:50] | extracurriculars, athletics, the university’s goals | 课外活动 体育运动 还有大学本身的目标 |
[14:53] | with regards to things like diversity. | 比如学生多元化等 |
[14:56] | And of course, a small percentage of applicants, | 当然 对于一小部分申请人来说 |
[14:59] | legacy is a consideration. | 长辈是校友也是考虑项 |
[15:01] | And which of those factors played the largest role | 那么 是什么因素 |
[15:04] | in winning admission for Dr. Shadid? | 让沙迪医生成功入选了呢 |
[15:07] | None of them, actually. | 其实 一个都没有 |
[15:09] | Hmm. Well, then, how did he get into Hudson? | 那他是怎么进入这所大学的呢 |
[15:14] | A college guidance counselor, | 有个叫卡拉·莎瑟兰的大学辅导员 |
[15:16] | a woman by the name of Cara Sutherland, paid me $125,000. | 给了我125000美元 |
[15:21] | So I pushed | 所以 我就让 |
[15:23] | Dr. Shadid’s application through the committee | 沙迪医生的申请通过了委员会审核 |
[15:26] | and he was admitted. | 然后他就被录取了 |
[15:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:29] | Nothing further. | 提问结束 |
[15:32] | Thank you for your testimony, Ms. Josephson. | 谢谢您的证词 约瑟森女士 |
[15:35] | Now let me just ask you one more question, if I might. | 我现在要再问您一个问题 |
[15:38] | Now, my client, Dr. Shadid, wasn’t actually present | 我的客户 也就是沙迪医生 在你接受 |
[15:42] | when you received this $125,000 payment, was he? | 这125000美元的贿赂时并不在场 对吗 |
[15:47] | No, he was not. | 对 他不在 |
[15:48] | And you never conspired with him, did you? | 贿赂也不是他和你提前商量好的 对吗 |
[15:51] | No, I did not. | 对 |
[15:53] | Now, you yourself, | 而且 |
[15:54] | you don’t have any proof that Dr. Shadid | 你也没有任何证据证明 |
[15:57] | had any knowledge of this bribe. | 沙迪医生知道这次贿赂 |
[15:59] | Isn’t that true? | 对吗 |
[16:01] | Well, it’s hard to believe he didn’t suspect something. | 如果说他自己没起过疑心 那是不可能的 |
[16:05] | All he had to do was look around at the rest of his class. | 他只要看看班里其他同学的成绩就知道了 |
[16:08] | Hudson students’ average SAT score was 1520. | 哈德逊大学的学生平均高考成绩是1520 |
[16:12] | Shadid scored a 1400. | 沙迪医生只有1400 |
[16:14] | The average unweighted high school GPA was 4.0. | 其他学生的平均高中不加权GPA是4.0 |
[16:18] | Shadid had a 3.3. | 沙迪只有3.3 |
[16:20] | He wasn’t class valedictorian or captain of the football team. | 他也不是班级毕业致辞代表或橄榄球队队长 |
[16:24] | He didn’t speak eight languages | 他既不会说八门语言 |
[16:26] | or star in off-Broadway productions. | 也不是百老汇作品里的明星演员 |
[16:28] | And he wasn’t a legacy. | 也不是校友后代 |
[16:30] | Now, mind you, he was a good student. | 但说实话 他的确是一个好学生 |
[16:32] | Definitely above average. | 他的表现肯定是高于平均水平的 |
[16:34] | But, I mean, there’s no way | 但我想说的是 光靠他自己 |
[16:36] | he could’ve thought he got into a school like Hudson on his own. | 是不可能上像哈德逊大学这样的学校的 |
[16:42] | Juror number eight looks like she personally wants | 八号陪审团成员看起来她 |
[16:44] | to sentence our client to the guillotine. | 想把亲自我们的客户送去断头台 |
[16:46] | Oh. Hold on. | 等等 |
[16:48] | Marissa, my phone’s vibrating. | 玛丽莎 我电话响了 |
[16:51] | Excuse me, Dr. Bull. Dr. Bull! | 不好意思 布尔博士 布尔博士 |
[16:55] | Oh, uh, yes, Your Honor? | 是的 法官大人 |
[16:57] | I have a policy in my courtroom. | 我的法庭有条规矩 |
[17:00] | You’re violating it. | 你违反了 |
[17:01] | My deepest apologies. | 非常抱歉 |
[17:03] | Um, I mean no disrespect to the court. | 我不是有意要对法庭表示不敬的 |
[17:05] | But, uh, I’m afraid my partner… | 但我的爱人… |
[17:07] | Personal, not professional… Uh, is going into labor. | 不是那边那位… 我的伴侣就快要生了 |
[17:10] | Uh, we-we’re having a baby, so I-I have to go. Um, | 她要生孩子了 我必须得走了 |
[17:14] | again, my apologies. | 我再说一次 非常抱歉 |
[17:16] | Just carry on. | 你们继续 |
[17:25] | Excuse me. Uh, I’m looking for Isabella Colon? | 你好 我在找伊莎贝拉·科隆 |
[17:28] | She would’ve just come in. | 她应该是刚来 |
[17:29] | Um, she’s nine months pregnant. | 她怀孕九个月了 |
[17:32] | And you are? | 你是 |
[17:35] | The father. | 孩子爸爸 |
[17:36] | Be nice to her. | 你对你老婆好点 |
[17:38] | Room three. | 她在3号房间 |
[17:40] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[17:44] | Izzy? | 伊兹 |
[17:46] | Come in. | 进来 |
[17:49] | Why are you dressed? | 你怎么穿着衣服 |
[17:51] | Where’s the doctor? Is everything okay? | 医生呢 一切都好吗 |
[17:53] | They said it was a false alarm. | 医生说只是虚惊一场 |
[17:56] | Could you? | 能帮我穿鞋吗 |
[17:57] | Oh, yeah. Of course. | 好的 当然可以 |
[18:02] | They all think I’m crazy. | 他们都觉得我疯了 |
[18:06] | Nobody thinks you’re crazy. | 没人觉得你疯了 |
[18:07] | Everybody here does. | 这的每个人都这样想 |
[18:10] | You know, I think it’s time that we get a new doctor. | 我觉得我们该换个新的医生 |
[18:14] | A new hospital. | 换家医院 |
[18:15] | Now, that’s crazy. | 这才是疯了 |
[18:23] | Mm… It’s not too late. | 你现在走还不晚 |
[18:27] | You could slip out the back door, | 你可以从后门溜出去 |
[18:29] | keep living your single, devil-may-care life. | 继续过你自由自在的单身生活 |
[18:33] | I won’t tell. If anyone asks, | 我什么都不会说的 如果有人问起 |
[18:34] | I’ll just say it was an immaculate conception. | 我就说这是无罪成胎 |
[18:37] | Well, it was an immaculate conception. | 这确实是无罪成胎 |
[18:40] | I’m ridiculously immaculate when I conceive. Ask anyone. | 我怀孕的时候是绝对纯洁的 不信问别人 |
[18:46] | Now let’s get out of here | 趁他们把我们俩都 |
[18:47] | before they throw us both in the loony bin. | 送进精神病院前 我们赶紧走吧 |
[18:51] | You smell good. | 你真好闻 |
[18:53] | Will the prosecution call… | 原告能… |
[18:55] | Which juror is it that I’m supposed to be | 哪个陪审员是 |
[18:57] | paying special attention to? | 需要我留意的 |
[18:58] | Juror number eight. | 八号陪审员 |
[19:00] | The prosecution calls Cara Sutherland. | 原告传唤卡拉·莎瑟兰 |
[19:01] | What exactly am I looking for? | 我们需要注意什么 |
[19:03] | Her demeanor, her body language. | 她的行为举止 肢体语言 |
[19:05] | Anything that might be a window | 注意一切有可能 |
[19:07] | into her state of mind. | 展示她内心态度的动作 |
[19:08] | Well, her body language indicates that | 她的动作表示 |
[19:10] | she’s more interested in her manicure than she is the trial. | 比起庭审 她更关心她的美甲 |
[19:13] | Would you be so kind | 您能向庭审团的各位成员 |
[19:15] | as to introduce yourself to the members of the jury? | 介绍一下你自己吗 |
[19:17] | My name is Cara Sutherland. | 我叫卡拉·莎瑟兰 |
[19:19] | I used to own and operate | 我以前拥有并运行 |
[19:21] | a college testing preparatory service in Manhattan. | 曼哈顿的一所大学测试服务公司 |
[19:24] | Now, just for the record, | 但请注意 |
[19:25] | Ms. Sutherland, you’ve already pled guilty | 莎瑟兰女士 你因向四十多个家庭 |
[19:28] | to accepting and distributing bribes from over 40 families | 行贿受贿 以此帮助他们的孩子上大学 |
[19:32] | seeking college admission for their children. | 曾被认定有罪 |
[19:34] | Isn’t that correct? | 我说的对吗 |
[19:35] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[19:37] | And that was over about a ten-year period? | 这已经是十年前的事情了吗 |
[19:40] | Yes, it was. | 对 |
[19:42] | And can you explain to the members of the jury | 你能向陪审团的各位解释一下 |
[19:44] | exactly how it all worked? | 你具体是怎么操作的吗 |
[19:45] | It wasn’t complicated. | 这并不复杂 |
[19:47] | I was paid money by wealthy families who wanted to get | 一些富人家庭付给我钱 |
[19:51] | their kids into a particular college that they | 让我帮孩子进入他们 |
[19:55] | otherwise almost certainly wouldn’t be admitted to. | 原本完全不可能进的学校 |
[19:58] | A portion of the money was for me. | 一部分钱给我 |
[20:00] | The rest I passed on to admissions officers, | 其他的我转交给负责入学的工作人员 |
[20:03] | test proctors, coaches. | 入学测试负责人 教练什么的 |
[20:06] | Uh, whatever, whoever it took. | 不论找谁 不论任何代价 |
[20:10] | So, now, can you take us through Dr. Shadid’s case? | 那么沙迪医生当时是怎么操作的呢 |
[20:14] | Dr. Shadid’s father paid me $200,000. | 沙迪医生的父亲给了我20万美元 |
[20:17] | And out of that, I paid the dean of admissions | 其中我拿了125000美元付给 |
[20:20] | at Hudson $125,000. | 哈德逊大学招生委员会会长 |
[20:22] | And as a result, Dr. Shadid | 然后 沙迪医生 |
[20:25] | was admitted into the college? | 就被录取了吗 |
[20:27] | – That’s why we’re all here. – And… | – 是的 所以我们都在这 – 还有… |
[20:30] | to the best of your knowledge, was Dr. Shadid himself | 就你所知 沙迪医生本人 |
[20:32] | a participant in this bribery scheme? | 有没有参与到这次贿赂中来呢 |
[20:34] | He certainly was. | 当然 |
[20:35] | And how can you be so sure? | 你为什么这么肯定 |
[20:37] | Because I saw him. He was there. | 因为我看见他了 他就在场 |
[20:40] | He was with his father when the money changed hands. | 他父亲把钱给我时 他就在旁边 |
[20:45] | I have no more questions. | 提问结束 |
[20:46] | She’s lying. That never happened. | 他在说谎 这都是没有的事 |
[20:48] | I’ve never met this woman before. | 我之前从没见过这个女人 |
[20:50] | Your mirror jurors falling for this? | 镜像陪审团信了吗 |
[20:53] | Hook, line and sinker. | 深信不疑 |
[20:54] | Hmm. Well, just to keep you posted, | 还有 告诉你 |
[20:57] | juror number eight looks totally disinterested. | 八号陪审员看起来一点也不感兴趣 |
[21:00] | Like she could care less what the witness has to say. | 感觉她根本不在乎证人要说什么 |
[21:03] | Well, I hope she hasn’t already decided that our client | 希望她不要认定我们的客户有罪 |
[21:04] | is guilty and she doesn’t need to hear any more. | 然后干脆什么都不听了 |
[21:07] | Ms. Sutherland, now, isn’t it true that you’re facing | 莎瑟兰女士 由于您参与了贿赂 |
[21:12] | decades in prison for your part in this conspiracy? | 您现在是不是可能被判处几十年的牢狱生活 |
[21:16] | Yes, that’s true. | 是的 |
[21:17] | And of course, you haven’t been sentenced yet. | 当然 你目前还没被定罪是吗 |
[21:19] | No, I have not. | 是的 还没有 |
[21:22] | I-Isn’t it also true that you struck a deal with the prosecutor | 那么你是否和检察官达成了协议 |
[21:26] | in exchange for your testimony? | 为她作证词 |
[21:28] | And I believe the agreement is that | 而且我相信协议是 |
[21:31] | you’ll get a month reduction from your sentence | 你每指证一个人 |
[21:34] | for every person you implicate. | 你就能减刑一个月 |
[21:36] | Isn’t that right? | 对吗 |
[21:37] | Yes. That sounds right. | 对 很合理 |
[21:39] | Ah. Now, with just shy of 50 defendants, | 现在 只差五十个被告 |
[21:44] | you could potentially shave years off your sentence. | 你就有可能减刑好几年 |
[21:47] | Isn’t that right? | 对吗 |
[21:48] | I mean, this is a big, big incentive | 对你来说 这可是个很大很大的动机 |
[21:53] | for you to implicate as many people as you can. | 来指证更多的人 |
[21:56] | Maybe even make up a meeting that didn’t exist. | 甚至会让你编造一个本不存在的会面 |
[21:59] | Smooth. | 一气呵成 |
[22:00] | Objection, Your Honor. Compound. | 反对 法官大人 多个问题 |
[22:03] | Badgering. Facts not in evidence. | 为难证人 事实无证据支持 |
[22:04] | Got it. Sustained. | 明白了 反对有效 |
[22:06] | The jury will ignore the defense’s last comment. | 陪审团将会忽略辩方最后的言论 |
[22:09] | Anything else, Mr. Colon? | 还有其他问题吗 科隆先生 |
[22:10] | Nope. Thank you. | 没有了 谢谢 |
[22:12] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[22:19] | What did I miss? | 我错过了什么 |
[22:21] | Hey. Forget about what you missed. | 嘿 别想你错过了什么 |
[22:23] | Am I an uncle yet? | 我现在当叔叔了吗 |
[22:25] | Ah. Sorry to let you down, | 很抱歉让你失望了 |
[22:27] | but, uh, it’s imminent, just not quite impending. | 不过快了 只是不是现在 |
[22:30] | – Thank you covering for me. – Oh, I’m happy to stay, | – 谢谢你帮我来替我 – 我很高兴接着待下去 |
[22:32] | if you want to go back and be with Izzy. | 如果你想回去陪伊兹 |
[22:33] | No. Izzy’s asleep, I’m here. | 不了 伊兹睡了 我会在这儿 |
[22:35] | Everybody’s where they’re supposed to be. | 所有人都在他们该在的地方 |
[22:37] | So again, what did I miss? | 所以再问一遍 我错过了什么 |
[22:40] | Uh, in that case, um, we should talk about juror number eight. | 要说的话 我们应该谈谈八号陪审员 |
[22:44] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[22:46] | Well, she’s acting like she’s waiting for the bus. | 她的表现像是她在等公交 |
[22:49] | Like she couldn’t be less interested in this trial. | 像是她对这场审判不感兴趣 |
[22:51] | Well, that’s funny. When I left, she looked | 真有趣 我走的时候她像是 |
[22:53] | like she couldn’t wait to convict our client. | 迫不及待要给我们的委托人定罪 |
[22:59] | No, no, no. Sit, sit. | 不 不 不 坐下 |
[23:00] | First of all, sorry I was missing in action. | 首先 我为我的离开说声抱歉 |
[23:04] | No need to apologize. I understand medical emergencies. | 没必要道歉 我理解医疗紧急事件 |
[23:07] | So, what happens now? | 所以 现在怎么样了 |
[23:09] | Well, as soon as this recess is over, | 一旦休庭结束 |
[23:11] | we’ll begin to present our defense. | 我们就要开始我们的辩护了 |
[23:13] | And the first person we’d like to call | 而我们想要传唤的第一位证人 |
[23:15] | as our witness is your mother. | 就是你的母亲 |
[23:17] | Now, I know we haven’t had a chance to bring her into prep… | 现在 我知道我们已经没机会让她做准备… |
[23:20] | Then don’t do it. | 那就不要做 |
[23:22] | This has really taken a toll on her. | 这已经影响到她了 |
[23:25] | I think she’s taking it harder than I have. | 我觉得她比我还难受 |
[23:27] | She’s also… | 她也… |
[23:29] | Anything having to do with my father, | 对我父亲的所作所为 |
[23:31] | it’s hard to anticipate what she might say. | 很难预测她会说什么 |
[23:34] | No, we hear all that. | 不 我们都知道 |
[23:35] | The fact remains, she’s your mother. | 但事实仍然是 她是你的妈妈 |
[23:38] | And short of your father, she is the best person | 而且除了你的父亲 她是站出来 |
[23:41] | to take the stand and testify to the fact | 作证你对此事一无所知的 |
[23:43] | that you knew nothing about this. | 最好人选 |
[23:46] | Honestly, uh, I don’t think we have much choice. | 说实话 我们并没有太多的选择 |
[23:49] | Mrs. Shadid, | 沙迪夫人 |
[23:51] | when exactly did you and Dr. Shadid’s father divorce? | 你和沙迪医生的父亲是在什么时候离婚的呢 |
[23:56] | Legally, when Samir was 16. | 法律上 是在萨米尔十六岁的时候 |
[23:58] | But we had separated the year before. | 但我们一年之前就分开了 |
[24:01] | And how long has it been since Dr. Shadid’s father passed? | 那沙迪医生的父亲是何时去世的 |
[24:06] | I believe it’s been just about five years now. | 我想离现在有五年了 |
[24:10] | So let me ask you directly: | 那让我直接问你 |
[24:12] | Were you aware that your ex-husband paid people… | 你有发现你的前夫出钱… |
[24:15] | Bribed people… To get Samir into Hudson? | 贿赂别人… 来让萨米尔被哈德森录取吗 |
[24:18] | No. Of course not. | 没有 当然没有 |
[24:19] | I had no idea. | 我不知情 |
[24:21] | Although, I can’t say I’m surprised. | 虽然 我并不惊讶 |
[24:25] | And why is that? | 为什么这么说 |
[24:27] | He just always had to have the biggest and the best | 在萨米尔的事上 |
[24:30] | when it came to Samir. | 他总是想给他最好的 |
[24:32] | And Hudson University was part of that. | 而哈德森大学就是其中之一 |
[24:35] | And when did you first become aware of these payoffs? | 那你是什么时候发现这个交易的呢 |
[24:37] | Not until after Samir was arrested. | 到萨米尔被逮捕我才知道 |
[24:40] | And your son never mentioned it? | 你的儿子也没跟你说过吗 |
[24:42] | How could he? He didn’t know about them, either. | 他怎么会说 他也对此不知情 |
[24:45] | Objection. Witness can’t testify | 反对 证人无法 |
[24:47] | to what someone else did or did not know. | 证明某人知道或不知道什么 |
[24:49] | – Sustained. – No, no. You don’t understand. | – 反对有效 – 不 不 你不懂 |
[24:51] | We’re very close. | 我们关系很好 |
[24:52] | – If he had known, he would have told me. – Mrs. Shadid, | – 如果他知道 他一定会告诉我的 – 沙迪夫人 |
[24:55] | y-you’re answering a question that hasn’t been asked. | 你在回答一个没问的问题 |
[24:57] | You’re not allowed to do that. | 你无权这么做 |
[25:00] | The jury will disregard the witness’s last statement. | 陪审团将无视证人最后的陈述 |
[25:02] | – Let’s hope not. – Mr. Colon, ask | – 希望不会这样 – 科隆先生 |
[25:04] | – another question, please. – Thank you, | – 请问另一个问题 – 谢谢 |
[25:06] | Your Honor, but I have no more questions at this time. | 法官大人 我没有其它问题了 |
[25:10] | Marissa, help me understand this. | 玛丽莎 帮我弄清楚 |
[25:12] | Juror number eight seems to have done a total about-face. | 八号陪审团似乎完全改变了看法 |
[25:16] | When I left, she was against us. | 我离开时 她反对我们 |
[25:17] | Chunk said when he was here, she was indifferent. | 特朗科说她在这儿时 她也是漠不关心 |
[25:20] | And now? | 但现在 |
[25:21] | Well, now she’s visibly leaning in | 现在她很明显在点头 |
[25:23] | and nodding in agreement with everything Mrs. Shadid says. | 并且倾向于同意沙迪夫人所说的一切 |
[25:27] | Not only that, she seems to be trying to catch | 不只是这样 她似乎还想 |
[25:30] | the other jurors’ eyes. | 和其他陪审员对视 |
[25:32] | It’s like she’s trying to send a message that she believes | 就像她在试图告诉他们 |
[25:35] | the witness and she wants the others to believe her, too. | 她相信证人而且想让其他人也相信她 |
[25:37] | Okay. I can’t explain it. You’d certainly | 好吧 我无法解释 |
[25:39] | never know it from where I’m standing. | 你肯定无法在我这知道 |
[25:41] | But our mirror juror number eight is as red as a tomato. | 但是在我们的镜像八号陪审员红得像番茄一样 |
[25:45] | Mrs. Shadid, we’ve heard about your ex-husband. | 沙迪夫人 我们听了关于你前夫的事 |
[25:49] | But what about you? | 那你呢 |
[25:51] | Have you ever paid off anyone on your son’s behalf? | 你自己有没有替你儿子付过钱呢 |
[25:53] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官大人 与本案无关 |
[25:56] | Overruled. Please answer. | 反对无效 请回答 |
[25:59] | Can you be more specific? | 你能问的具体一点吗 |
[26:01] | Absolutely. Let me refresh your memory. | 当然 让我来帮你回想一下 |
[26:05] | Do you remember a time when the defendant, your son, | 你还记得有一次 当被告 你的儿子 |
[26:10] | was in high school, and he and his friends | 读高中的时候 他和他的朋友 |
[26:13] | stole a golf cart at your country club? | 从你的乡村俱乐部偷了一辆高尔夫球车吗 |
[26:16] | I remember. Yes. | 是 我记得 |
[26:18] | They tore up the green, didn’t they? | 他们弄坏了草坪 不是吗 |
[26:20] | Yes, they did. | 是的 |
[26:21] | And you paid the club manager | 而你付钱给俱乐部的经理 |
[26:23] | so he wouldn’t press criminal charges | 让他不要对你儿子提出 |
[26:25] | against your son, didn’t you? | 刑事指控 不是吗 |
[26:29] | Mrs. Shadid? | 沙迪夫人 |
[26:30] | That wasn’t a bribe. | 那并不是贿赂 |
[26:32] | Well, what would you call it? | 好吧 你把那称作什么呢 |
[26:34] | I would call it what it was. Restitution. | 它该叫什么就叫什么 归还 |
[26:38] | My son damaged some property, | 我的儿子损坏了一些财产 |
[26:39] | and I paid to have that property repaired. | 然后我来赔财产的修理费 |
[26:42] | And I made my son work all summer mowing lawns | 而且我让我的儿子修剪了一整个夏天的草坪 |
[26:47] | until he paid me back. | 直到他还钱给我 |
[26:48] | And was your son aware that you made this act of theft | 那你的儿子知道你让他免除了 |
[26:51] | and vandalism just go away? | 偷窃和破坏公物的罪名吗 |
[26:53] | You think you are being clever. You’re not being clever. | 你觉得你很聪明 但你并不聪明 |
[26:56] | Is this a Shadid family tradition? | 这就是沙迪的家庭传统吗 |
[26:58] | Paying people off to get | 给人们钱来 |
[27:00] | what you want and make your problems go away? | 得到想要的东西并让问题消失 |
[27:01] | Objection, | 反对 |
[27:03] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[27:05] | The prosecutor is twisting the witness’s words to create | 控方在扭曲证人的言辞 |
[27:08] | a false and misleading characterization | 来建立一个虚假的且有误导性的 |
[27:11] | of her testimony. | 证词描述 |
[27:12] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[27:14] | That’s all I have for this witness, Your Honor. Thank you. | 我对证人的询问结束了 法官大人 谢谢 |
[27:20] | For what it’s worth, we’re on life support here. | 值得一提的是 我们还有一个支持者 |
[27:23] | I can only think of one explanation | 我只能想到一个原因来解释 |
[27:25] | for juror eight’s change of heart. | 八号陪审员为什么改变了想法 |
[27:27] | I’d like to think it was my powers of persuasion. | 我认为可能是我的说服力 |
[27:30] | Someone got to her. | 有人找过她了 |
[27:32] | What do you mean? A bribe? | 你什么意思 贿赂吗 |
[27:34] | What, just ’cause the mirror juror | 什么 就因为镜像陪审员 |
[27:36] | wasn’t perfectly aligned with our sitting one? | 和坐在那儿的陪审员表现不符 |
[27:37] | The system isn’t 100% perfect, Bull. | 系统并不是百分之百完美的 布尔 |
[27:40] | I think you’re overreacting. | 我觉得你想多了 |
[27:41] | I don’t think so. | 我不觉得 |
[27:43] | Listen, Bull, I know it’s been a rough couple of days. | 听着 布尔 我知道这几天很艰难 |
[27:46] | Why don’t you go home, get some rest? | 为什么你不回家 休息一下呢 |
[27:49] | I think I’m right about this, Benny. | 我觉得我是对的 本尼 |
[27:51] | And who are you suggesting proffered this bribe? | 那你觉得谁行贿了 |
[27:53] | Our client? Our client bribed a juror? | 我们的委托人吗 我们的委托人贿赂了陪审员 |
[27:57] | Our client, or his mother. | 我们的委托人 或是他的妈妈 |
[28:02] | These people are being accused of bribery. | 这些人被指控行贿 |
[28:04] | What better way to avoid facing the consequences of that | 为了避免面对这样的后果 |
[28:06] | than by bribing someone else? | 还有什么比贿赂别人更好的办法呢 |
[28:14] | Well, the good news is, it looks | 好消息是 |
[28:16] | like you’re right. The bad news is, | 你好像说对了 坏消息也是 |
[28:18] | it looks like you’re right. | 你好像说对了 |
[28:19] | I did a down and dirty forensic audit | 我对八号陪审员的财务状况 |
[28:20] | of juror number eight’s finances, | 做了法务审计 |
[28:22] | and the timing couldn’t be worse. | 这个时机不能更糟了 |
[28:24] | Or better, depending on how we choose to look at this thing. | 或者不能更好了 取决于我们如何看待这件事 |
[28:27] | Yeah, now that I think about it, she was sporting | 对 我想起来了 她在法庭上炫耀了 |
[28:29] | a $400 haircut in court. | 她花四百块钱剪的新发型 |
[28:31] | She does well. Low six figures, | 她挣得挺多 小六位数 |
[28:32] | but she lives way beyond her means. | 但她入不敷出 |
[28:35] | Late on mortgage payments, overdue on credit cards. | 拖欠抵押贷款 信用卡逾期 |
[28:37] | Until suddenly, she somehow managed | 但突然间 她不知怎的 |
[28:40] | to pay off all her debts. | 把债全还清了 |
[28:41] | Wait a second. Let’s just think this through. | 等等 我们仔细想想 |
[28:43] | There are 12 jurors. | 有十二名陪审员 |
[28:45] | How would the Shadids have known to target number eight? | 沙迪母子怎么知道锁定八号陪审员为行贿对象呢 |
[28:48] | They probably looked at every juror’s financial history. | 他们大概查看了每一名陪审员的财务记录 |
[28:51] | These days it’s not that hard to run somebody’s credit. | 如今 获取一个人的信用状况可不难 |
[28:53] | No offense. | 别介意 |
[28:54] | No offense taken. | 没介意 |
[28:55] | The challenge is, the money isn’t always | 棘手的是 钱并不总是在 |
[28:58] | where you’d expect it to be. | 你所期望的地方 |
[28:59] | In the case of juror number eight, | 在八号陪审员的案例中 |
[29:01] | it wasn’t until I found an account she opened | 直到我发现她用 |
[29:03] | in the Cayman Islands under | 她女儿婚后的名字 |
[29:04] | her daughter’s married name that things started to make sense. | 在开曼群岛开了个账户 事情才说得通了 |
[29:07] | Cayman Islands? | 开曼群岛 |
[29:09] | Yep. | 对 |
[29:10] | She wired a quarter of a million dollars into it. | 她往里面汇了二十五万 |
[29:13] | Do we know where this money came from? | 知道这笔钱从哪来的吗 |
[29:15] | Therein lies the problem. | 问题就在这 |
[29:16] | It was funneled in from several different accounts, | 钱是从几个不同的账户汇入的 |
[29:19] | all of which turned out to be shell corporations. | 这些账户都是空壳公司的 |
[29:21] | And the money in those accounts | 这些账户里的钱 |
[29:23] | came from other shell corporations. | 又来自其他的空壳公司 |
[29:24] | It’s a financial spider’s web. | 这是张财务蜘蛛网 |
[29:26] | Bottom line? No. I can’t tell you | 我想说的是 我既不知道 |
[29:28] | who actually owns those corporations | 这些公司是谁的 |
[29:30] | or who wanted that money funneled to that juror. | 也不知道是谁要把钱汇给那个陪审员的 |
[29:33] | The problem is, the Shadids have the means, | 问题是 沙迪母子有渠道这么做 |
[29:36] | and at least, for the moment, | 而且至少 目前来说 |
[29:38] | they are the only ones who appear to have motive. | 他们是唯一有动机的人 |
[29:40] | Well, Shadid did serve on a jury. | 沙迪的确担任过陪审员 |
[29:43] | He knows how deliberations work. | 他知道法庭是如何进行审判的 |
[29:44] | He knows all you need is one juror | 他知道你只需要一个陪审员 |
[29:46] | to upset the whole applecart. | 就能打乱整个局面 |
[29:47] | Someone to sway the others or hold out for a mistrial. | 一个能动摇其他陪审员或坚持审判无效的人 |
[30:00] | Wow. Whatever you have to tell me | 不管你要告诉我什么 |
[30:02] | must really be something. | 肯定是个大消息吧 |
[30:03] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[30:05] | We have evidence that one of the jurors is being bribed. | 我们有证据表明其中一名陪审员受贿了 |
[30:07] | We are not sure by whom yet. | 我们暂时还不确定是谁做的 |
[30:10] | O-Okay. Well-well, tell me what-what that means. | 好吧 告诉我这意味着什么 |
[30:13] | What… Tell me where-where that leaves us. | 我们该怎么办 |
[30:15] | Well, basically, it means we have two options. | 这基本上意味着我们有两个选择 |
[30:18] | Option one, we go to the judge, we tell him what we know, | 选择一 我们去找法官 告诉他我们了解的情况 |
[30:22] | and that juror is removed and then arrested. | 撤除并逮捕那个陪审员 |
[30:25] | Or? | 或者 |
[30:26] | Or we can pretend we don’t know. | 或者我们假装不知道 |
[30:29] | You mean, not do anything? | 你的意思是 什么都不做吗 |
[30:30] | Dr. Shadid, we are losing. | 沙迪医生 我们情况不妙 |
[30:33] | Keeping that juror on the panel actually works in your favor. | 把那个陪审员留在陪审团里其实对你有利 |
[30:37] | In fact, it might be your only chance at acquittal. | 事实上 这可能是你唯一无罪释放的机会 |
[30:40] | No, you can’t be serious. | 不 你开玩笑吧 |
[30:42] | It could keep you out of prison. | 这可以让你免受牢狱之灾 |
[30:43] | Get you back to taking care of patients. | 回去照顾病人 |
[30:45] | Dr. Bull, cheating is what got me into this situation. | 布尔博士 我正是因为舞弊才陷入这种境地 |
[30:48] | Now, you have to report it. | 你必须举报这件事 |
[30:50] | And what if the person who paid this bribe | 那如果行贿的人 |
[30:52] | turns out to be your mother? | 是你的母亲呢 |
[30:54] | I’m not telling you we know it’s her, | 我不是说我们已经知道是她 |
[30:56] | but she will be considered, along with you, | 但是大家会把她和你一道 |
[30:59] | one of the first suspects. | 看做首要嫌疑人之一 |
[31:04] | Don’t misunderstand. | 别误会 |
[31:06] | I love my mother. | 我爱我母亲 |
[31:09] | And I’d be heartbroken to see anything happen to her. | 如果她出了什么事 我会很难过 |
[31:12] | But if she bribed a juror, I… | 但如果她贿赂了一名陪审员 我… |
[31:16] | Then we’ll continue to investigate | 那么我们会继续调查 |
[31:18] | the source of the bribe, | 贿赂的来源 |
[31:19] | and when we know for sure, we will go to the judge. | 一旦确定 我们会去找法官 |
[31:22] | In the meantime, let’s get you on the stand so the jury | 与此同时 请你走上证人席 |
[31:25] | can meet the honorable man we know you are. | 让陪审团见识到你是个值得尊敬的人 |
[31:29] | I wasn’t the top of my class in high school, | 我高中时虽不是班上最好的 |
[31:31] | but, uh, I got decent grades. | 但成绩也还不错 |
[31:33] | You know, B-pluses, A-minuses. | 通常都是B+ A-之类的 |
[31:35] | I was in the school orchestra. | 我加入了学校管弦乐队 |
[31:37] | I volunteered at the local senior center. | 在当地养老院当志愿者 |
[31:40] | Did you know your father paid somebody off | 你知道你父亲行贿 |
[31:42] | to get you into Hudson? | 让你进入哈德逊大学吗 |
[31:44] | I had no idea. | 不知道 |
[31:45] | I would never have wanted to get into college that way. | 我绝不会想以这种方式进入大学 |
[31:48] | I… I happily would have gone | 我宁愿去 |
[31:50] | to another, less prestigious school. | 其他不那么有名的学校 |
[31:52] | But… | 但是… |
[31:54] | given Hudson’s rigorous admissions standards, | 鉴于哈德逊大学严格的录取标准 |
[31:58] | how did you think you got in? | 你觉得你是怎么进去的 |
[32:02] | A part of the application involves writing an essay. | 申请流程中包括写一篇论文 |
[32:06] | I was a… A teenager with little self-awareness. | 我当时还是个缺乏自我认知的青少年 |
[32:09] | I… I was convinced my essay must have swayed them. | 我很自信我的论文一定打动了他们 |
[32:13] | Hmm. Once you got into Hudson, you proceeded to get all As. | 你进入哈德逊大学后 全部课程都得了A |
[32:18] | You did well in medical school. | 你在医学院表现很好 |
[32:21] | And now you’re a doctor. | 现在你成了一名医生 |
[32:24] | A heart surgeon. | 心脏外科医生 |
[32:26] | – A man who saves lives. – Objection! | – 治病救人 – 我有异议 |
[32:28] | Counsel is testifying. | 律师在私自作证 |
[32:30] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[32:31] | I have nothing further, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[32:36] | – Talk to me. – Uh, what do you want me to say? | – 说说话 – 想听什么 |
[32:39] | That the jury senses they’re in the presence of a good man, | 陪审团觉得他是个好人 |
[32:42] | and the jury is going to acquit him, 12 to zero, | 他们会一致宣判他无罪 |
[32:44] | and the good doctor will be able to go back to the work | 这个好医生就能够回去做他 |
[32:47] | he’s meant to do. | 应该做的工作 |
[32:48] | I am sorry, Bull. Right now, discounting juror number eight, | 抱歉 布尔 现在 不算八号陪审员的话 |
[32:51] | only four jurors feel the way you do, | 只有四名陪审员和你想法一样 |
[32:54] | and that means a hung jury, and that means a whole new trial, | 这意味着陪审团无法达成一致 只能重新审判 |
[32:57] | and that means he can’t go back to work. | 他也就不能回去工作 |
[32:59] | Unless there is another witness that I don’t know about. | 除非有其他我不知道的证人 |
[33:03] | Unless you’ve got another move up your sleeve? | 或者你另有妙计 |
[33:05] | No. | 没有 |
[33:07] | Neither of the above. | 都没有 |
[33:13] | Around the corner. Meet you in a second. | 拐角处等我 一会见 |
[33:18] | You come bearing gifts. | 你带礼物来了 |
[33:20] | I never come to a party empty-handed. | 我从不空手参加派对 |
[33:22] | It wasn’t easy, but I finally figured out | 虽然很不容易 但我终于查清楚 |
[33:25] | who set up the shell corporations | 是谁成立了那些空壳公司 |
[33:26] | that financed the payment we were discussing. | 提供了汇款资金 |
[33:29] | Who’s Ron Delancy? | 瑞恩·德兰西是谁 |
[33:30] | Wait, why does that name sound familiar? | 等等 为什么这个名字那么耳熟 |
[33:32] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[33:34] | Isn’t he one of the other defendants? | 他不是另一个被告吗 |
[33:36] | We met him here during voir dire. | 我们在陪审团资格审查时见过他 |
[33:38] | The lawyer who tried to retain us. | 那个想雇我们的律师 |
[33:42] | Look at him right there. | 看 他就在那 |
[33:45] | I think that guy has been | 那家伙大概 |
[33:46] | sitting in the gallery every single day. | 每天都坐在旁听席 |
[33:48] | Those documents I just gave you | 我刚给你的那些文件 |
[33:50] | prove that Ron Delancy set up a series of shell corporations, | 证明了德兰西成立了一系列空壳公司 |
[33:52] | moved the money from one account to another, | 把钱从一个账户转到另一个账户 |
[33:54] | until it reached juror number eight’s account. | 直到最后到了八号陪审员的账户里 |
[33:57] | We’re gonna disclose this to the prosecutor, right? | 我们要把这件事告诉原告律师吧 |
[34:00] | Benny Colon, you read my mind. | 本尼·科隆 你就是我肚子里的蛔虫 |
[34:08] | Let’s make this quick. | 我们得快点 |
[34:10] | I need to wrap this case up. | 我得尽快把这案子结了 |
[34:12] | I have to start the next one on Monday. | 周一着手开始下一个案子 |
[34:13] | – Sure. Let’s get right to it. – What is this? | – 当然 我们开始吧 – 这是什么 |
[34:16] | Bank records. | 银行记录 |
[34:18] | I can see that. | 我看得出来 |
[34:19] | But they have nothing to do with your client. | 但这和你委托人无关啊 |
[34:22] | Look at the file again. | 再看看那个文件 |
[34:23] | The names on the records. | 记录上的名字 |
[34:25] | Any of ’em jump out at you? | 有想起什么吗 |
[34:29] | Ron Delancy? | 瑞恩·德兰西 |
[34:31] | He’s a defendant in another one of my college bribery cases. | 他是我另一起大学贿赂案的被告 |
[34:34] | Same church, different pew. | 同样的案件 先后顺序不同罢了 |
[34:36] | Those records indicate that Mr. Ron Delancy just bribed a juror | 这些记录显示德兰西先生刚刚贿赂了一位 |
[34:39] | in our client’s case. | 我们的委托人的陪审员 |
[34:41] | And why would he do that? This isn’t even his trial. | 他为什么要那么做 这又不是他的庭审 |
[34:43] | He’s a lawyer, and he knows if we win our case, | 他是一位律师 他知道如果我们赢了这场官司 |
[34:46] | chance of him winning his case grow exponentially. | 他打赢自己那场官司的可能性就会大幅上升 |
[34:49] | Maybe he’s even hoping for a dismissal. | 也许他还期望着能够驳回诉讼 |
[34:56] | Well, thank you for bringing this to my attention, gentlemen. | 感谢你们将此事知会于我 先生们 |
[35:00] | Obviously, we’re gonna have to tell the judge. | 显然 我们必须要告诉法官 |
[35:02] | Obviously. | 肯定的 |
[35:04] | You should know Dr. Shadid insisted | 请您务必知晓是沙迪医生执意 |
[35:07] | that we bring this to you. | 让我们将此事告知您的 |
[35:10] | I mean, he had everything to gain, | 我是说 知晓了有一位陪审员 |
[35:11] | knowing that there was a juror set to vote in his favor. | 站在他的那边 他本来可以获益无穷的 |
[35:16] | You can’t continue to prosecute him. | 您不能再继续控告他 |
[35:18] | He is an honest, reputable man. | 他是一个诚实 有声誉的人 |
[35:20] | You can’t punish him for something his dead father did | 你不能因为他已经过世的父亲在十年前做的事 |
[35:23] | a decade ago. | 惩罚他 |
[35:25] | I hear what you are saying, | 您所说的我已知晓 |
[35:27] | and I will certainly take it under advisement. | 而且我一定会考虑到这一点 |
[35:30] | You mind if I give you a little career advice? | 介意我给您一条职业建议吗 |
[35:34] | The Ron Delancy case is | 瑞恩·德兰西案件才是 |
[35:36] | exactly the kind of precedent-setting case | 你真正应该追查的 |
[35:38] | you should be pursuing. | 先例案件 |
[35:40] | You don’t want to be remembered by voters | 你可不想让选民以一个起诉了 |
[35:42] | as the prosecutor… | 无辜医生的检察官… |
[35:44] | the persecutor of an innocent doctor, | 迫害者形象记住你 |
[35:47] | someone who should have been out there saving lives | 那位本应该在外面救死扶伤的医生 |
[35:49] | but instead was stuck in a courtroom | 却被困在了法庭里 |
[35:51] | defending himself against you. | 为自己辩护 |
[35:57] | It Izzy? | 是伊兹吗 |
[35:58] | Yeah. Uh, yeah. | 是的 是 |
[36:01] | It’s-it’s time. | 时间到了 |
[36:03] | I’m… I’m, uh, I got to go. | 我 我要走了 |
[36:05] | I’m having a… we’re, um… | 我要有个 我们 |
[36:06] | My child’s about to be born. | 我的孩子要出生了 |
[36:08] | You sure this time? | 这次你能确定吗 |
[36:09] | Um, so… | 那么 |
[36:12] | do we have an understanding? | 我们达成共识了吗 |
[36:14] | You’ll dismiss the charges in our case… | 你会撤销我们这起案件的指控 |
[36:15] | …and go after Ron Delancy? | 然后去追查瑞恩·德兰西 |
[36:17] | Like I said, I’ll have to get back to you. | 我说过了 之后再回复你 |
[36:19] | Oh, come on. | 拜托了 |
[36:20] | Don’t do this to me. You’re leaving my client | 别这么对我 你让我委托人的案件 |
[36:21] | hanging in the balance here. | 悬而未决 |
[36:23] | I-I’d like to give him an answer | 我想在离开之前 |
[36:24] | – before I leave. – I have no control over that. | – 给他一个回复 – 对此我做不了决定 |
[36:26] | You just go and do what you have to do. | 你该干嘛就干嘛去吧 |
[36:28] | You have complete control over that. | 你完全可以做决定 |
[36:31] | Let’s just… come to a resolution. | 我们就 达成决议吧 |
[36:34] | Like I said, I have to review these documents, | 我说了 我要复核一下这些文件 |
[36:36] | confirm what you’ve brought to me, | 查证你给我的资料 |
[36:37] | discuss it with my colleagues. | 再和我的同事商议 |
[36:38] | This is gonna take time. It just is. | 这需要时间 就是这样 |
[36:41] | But… | 不过 |
[36:45] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你了 |
[36:46] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[36:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:57] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[37:02] | All right. | 好了 |
[37:05] | Six minutes. | 六分钟 |
[37:07] | Let me know the next time you feel something, okay? | 下次你再有感觉就告诉我 好吗 |
[37:10] | No. I’m just gonna keep it to myself. | 不用了 我还是自己受着吧 |
[37:14] | Hmm. You know, pregnancy really brings out the best in you. | 你知道吗 怀孕真的让你展现出了最好的一面 |
[37:18] | Enough with the sarcasm, | 别再讽刺我了 |
[37:19] | or I’m gonna reach down your throat | 否则我就把手伸到你喉咙里 |
[37:21] | and bring out the best in y… | 把你最厉害的舌头扯出来 |
[37:23] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:27] | It can’t be another contraction. | 不可能是下一轮宫缩吧 |
[37:29] | It’s way too soon. | 这也太快了 |
[37:31] | Okay, all right, breathe, breathe. | 好的 没事的 吸气 呼气 |
[37:36] | This is another contraction. | 这就是下一轮宫缩 |
[37:38] | – This is definitely another contraction. – Okay, wow, all right. | – 这绝对是下一轮宫缩 – 好吧 没事的 |
[37:42] | So, just, we’ll… we’ll breathe through this one together, | 那就 我们一起做完深呼吸 |
[37:44] | and then I’ll go get the doctor, okay? | 然后我就去找医生 好吧 |
[37:46] | Okay, here we go. | 好的 开始吧 |
[37:55] | Don’t you want to answer that? | 你不想接电话吗 |
[38:00] | I know you want to answer that. | 我知道你想接 |
[38:06] | It might be the A.D.A. | 这可能就是你一直在等的 |
[38:08] | that you’ve been waiting to hear from. | 那位检察官的电话 |
[38:10] | Answer what? | 接什么 |
[38:12] | I don’t hear anything. | 我什么都没听到啊 |
[38:13] | Bull! Come on! | 布尔 拜托 |
[38:16] | You said you… walked out | 你说了 你是在一个 |
[38:19] | in the middle of everything. | 很重要的时刻离开的 |
[38:21] | I floated out in the middle of everything. | 我是飘出了一个重要时刻 |
[38:23] | I got your text, and I was walking on air. | 我接到了你的短信 然后我就飘飘然了 |
[38:25] | Now, breathe. | 现在 呼吸 |
[38:28] | – Breathe. – Answer it. | – 呼吸 – 接电话 |
[38:30] | – Breathe. – Please. | – 呼吸 – 求你了 |
[38:41] | No caller I.D. | 匿名来电 |
[38:42] | – Oh. – See that? | – 噢 – 看到没 |
[38:44] | The world stopped, just like you wanted. | 地球停转了 如你所愿 |
[38:47] | And I got what I wanted. | 而且我也得偿所愿了 |
[38:51] | This is not what I wanted this moment to be about. | 我并不希望这一刻有关于工作 |
[38:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:57] | For what? | 为什么 |
[39:00] | I didn’t hear anything. | 我什么也没听到 |
[39:07] | All right, I’m good now. | 好了 我没事了 |
[39:09] | Just… go get the doctor. | 去找医生吧 |
[39:11] | Off. | 关机 |
[39:12] | Like it always should have been. | 本来就应该这样 |
[39:15] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[39:16] | Counting on it. | 就指望你了 |
[39:40] | Come in. | 请进 |
[39:48] | Are you ready to meet your niece? | 准备好见见你的外甥女了吗 |
[39:52] | Yeah. | 准备好了 |
[39:53] | Uh… easy, easy. | 慢点 悠着点 |
[39:56] | I don’t want to break her. | 我可不想把她弄坏了 |
[39:57] | Okay. Here we go. | 好的 来吧 |
[40:00] | Come here. | 来吧 |
[40:01] | Come over here. | 抱过来 |
[40:03] | Come here. To Benny. | 让本尼舅舅抱抱 |
[40:08] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[40:09] | She’s perfect. | 她完美极了 |
[40:11] | I think she’s even better than perfect. | 我觉得完美都不足以形容她 |
[40:20] | I’m gonna… | 我要 |
[40:21] | bring in a friend. | 带一个朋友进来 |
[40:26] | Shadid. | 沙迪 |
[40:36] | Mom’s sleeping. | 孩子妈睡着了 |
[40:39] | So, what did I miss? | 事情怎么样了 |
[40:42] | Well… | 怎么说呢 |
[40:43] | the A.D.A. Said she tried to call you. | 检察官说她曾试着给你打电话 |
[40:46] | She withdrew the case. | 她撤诉了 |
[40:49] | I don’t know what you… | 我不知道你 |
[40:51] | said to her, but… | 跟她说了什么 但是 |
[40:53] | she withdrew the case. | 她撤诉了 |
[40:56] | And, uh, I just wanted to thank you… | 我只是想来表示感谢 |
[40:59] | Thank you both… | 感谢你们两位 |
[41:01] | For giving me my life back. | 让我回到了原来的生活 |
[41:04] | You deserve your life back. | 你实至名归 |
[41:06] | You’ve got important work to do. | 你还有重要的工作要做 |
[41:11] | And thank you… | 也要谢谢你 |
[41:14] | …for sharing your daddy with me. | 和我分享你的爸爸 |
[41:17] | And tell your mommy thank you as well. | 也替我跟你妈妈道个谢 |
[41:20] | She says you’re welcome. | 她说不客气 |
[41:24] | They both say you’re welcome. | 她们都说不客气 |
[41:28] | The world is different today. | 今天这个世界改变了 |
[41:30] | The world is better today. | 变得更好了 |
[41:33] | You are in it. | 因为你来了 |
[41:37] | I’m gonna slip out. | 我要溜走了 |
[41:40] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[41:53] | This was some day, huh? | 真是个特别的日子啊 |
[41:58] | Some day. | 特别的日子 |