时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:28] | Lucas. Looks like the word’s out. | 卢卡斯 你名声在外咯 |
[00:31] | You got the best game in town. | 你这儿的局是最好的 |
[00:33] | Hope you’ve got room for me at the table tonight. | 希望今晚还有我的位子 |
[00:36] | I’m sorry, Viv. Not tonight. | 不好意思 维 今晚不行 |
[00:39] | Hey. Lucas, come on. | 卢卡斯 别这样啊 |
[00:41] | Have I ever left you high and dry before? | 我什么时候欠过你的钱吗 |
[00:43] | Well, word is you left Asher Ray | 倒是听说你欠了阿什·雷 |
[00:45] | very high and dry. | 欠得还不少 |
[00:47] | And I don’t have any interest in getting in line | 我还真不想等你也欠我之后 |
[00:49] | behind that guy when you lose my money. | 排在那家伙后面追债 |
[00:55] | I don’t like chamomile. | 我不喜欢甘菊茶 |
[00:56] | How many times do I have to tell you? | 都说了几遍了 |
[00:58] | I want Earl Grey. | 我要喝伯爵茶 |
[01:00] | But Earl Grey | 但是伯爵茶里面 |
[01:01] | has caffeine in it. | 有咖啡因 |
[01:02] | You will never be able to get to sleep. | 你喝了睡不着的 |
[01:05] | Here. | 来吧 |
[01:06] | Just try this. I put some honey in it for you. | 至少尝一下吧 我加了一点蜂蜜 |
[01:09] | I told you | 我跟你说了 |
[01:11] | I don’t want it! | 我不想喝这个 |
[01:13] | – Idiot. – All right, Dad, that’s enough. | – 白痴 – 行了 爸爸 别闹了 |
[01:16] | Ha. You’re home early. | 回得挺早啊 |
[01:18] | Couldn’t get anyone to buy you a drink? | 没人给你买酒吗 |
[01:22] | I’ve got this. | 我来吧 |
[01:24] | Why don’t you take off a little early? | 要不你今天早点下班吧 |
[01:25] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[01:26] | Oh, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[01:27] | Reward her incompetence | 奖励她的愚蠢 |
[01:29] | by sending her home halfway through her shift. | 工作还没做完就让她回家 |
[01:32] | I’m sure. | 没事的 |
[01:34] | Oh, that’s right, | 当然了 |
[01:35] | I forgot. Money… | 我差点忘了 钱嘛… |
[01:37] | it’s just a game to you. | 对你而言就是游戏 |
[01:40] | Out all hours at poker tables | 整天像个底层的人一样 |
[01:42] | like some lowlife. | 围着赌桌玩牌 |
[01:45] | Well, I’m sorry I disappointed you so. | 很抱歉我让你那么失望 |
[01:48] | I’ll be right back with some Earl Grey, Dad. | 我马上给你端一杯伯爵茶 爸爸 |
[01:50] | Just the way you like it. | 按你的喜好 |
[01:57] | You want your tea and pills yet? | 你现在想喝茶吃药了吗 |
[02:00] | What’s your rush? | 你急什么呢 |
[02:01] | Give me a little time to wake up. | 我还没睡醒呢 |
[02:03] | I’m not trying to rush you, Dad. | 我没打算催你 爸爸 |
[02:06] | I just want to go upstairs and take a shower. | 我只是想上楼去洗澡了 |
[02:08] | I just want to be sure you’re okay out here. | 我得确保你一个人在这里没问题 |
[02:10] | Why shouldn’t I be okay? I spend every morning out here. | 为什么会有问题 我每天早上都在这里呆着 |
[02:13] | I know, Dad. | 我知道啊 爸 |
[02:14] | But it’s Cecilia’s day off and I’m all alone | 但今天塞西莉亚放假 只有我一个人照顾你 |
[02:17] | and I won’t be able to hear if you need anything. | 如果你需要什么我在楼上听不见的 |
[02:20] | The only thing I need is for you to leave me alone! | 我只需要你赶紧走 |
[02:24] | Okay, Dad. | 行吧 爸 |
[02:27] | I’ll be back in just a bit. | 我一会儿就过来 |
[02:42] | You ready to come back in, Dad? | 你准备好进来了吗 爸 |
[02:48] | You got your fresh air for the day? | 攒足精神了吗 |
[02:54] | Oh, how’d that get there? | 那个怎么在那里 |
[03:10] | Dad? | 爸 |
[03:23] | Patricide. | 杀父罪 |
[03:25] | Killing a parent. | 谋杀亲生父母 |
[03:28] | Ooh, that is a nasty thing to be accused of. | 那可是很严重的指控了 |
[03:30] | Especially if you didn’t do it. | 尤其是如果不是她杀的 |
[03:35] | So, who’s Vivian Cahill? | 所以 这个维维安·卡希尔是谁 |
[03:37] | You’ve got the file. | 你有她的档案了 |
[03:39] | No, I mean, who is she to you? | 我的意思是 她跟你是什么关系 |
[03:41] | Old friend. | 老朋友了 |
[03:44] | Used to play the same poker game years ago. | 很多年前的牌友 |
[03:48] | Vivian. | 维维安 |
[03:50] | She was just out of college and she could wipe the floor with me | 她那会大学刚毕业就已经能 |
[03:53] | and anyone else in the room. | 让我们输得一塌糊涂 |
[03:55] | And then? | 后来呢 |
[03:56] | And then I stopped playing cards. | 后来我没玩了 |
[03:59] | According to the police report, | 警方的报告说 |
[04:00] | your father died of blunt force trauma to the head. | 你的父亲死于头部重击 |
[04:03] | And the medical examiner has matched the wound to blood | 法医的检验报告也显示伤口上的血 |
[04:07] | on a fireplace poker found at the scene. | 与现场的拔火棍上的血迹吻合 |
[04:11] | The police and paramedics who responded to your call | 接你电话的警方与护理人员 |
[04:14] | said that you were the only one home with him | 说事发时你是唯一一个 |
[04:16] | at the time. | 与他一同在家的人 |
[04:18] | I was upstairs, at the back of the house, showering. | 我当时在楼上后屋洗澡 |
[04:21] | Blow-drying my hair. Anyone could’ve come in. | 我在吹头发 任何人都有可能进来 |
[04:25] | Well, a-according to the reports, | 根据报告 |
[04:27] | there were no signs of forced entry. | 没有强行闯入的痕迹 |
[04:33] | My dad liked to sit alone out there | 我父亲喜欢每天早上 |
[04:35] | for about an hour every morning. | 在外面独坐一小时 |
[04:37] | Last year he had a series of strokes. | 去年他犯了几次中风 |
[04:40] | First one was in the summer. | 第一次是在夏天 |
[04:42] | Since then he’s pretty much always yelling at someone. | 从那以后他就总是对人大喊大叫的 |
[04:46] | Mostly, yours truly. | 当然 肥水不流外人田 |
[04:48] | Hmm. And you were living with your father? | 你当时是和你父亲住在一起吗 |
[04:53] | His health was declining pretty quickly, | 他的身体衰弱得很快 |
[04:55] | so I moved home to help him. | 所以我就搬回家照顾他了 |
[04:58] | Spend time with him. | 同时也陪陪他 |
[05:00] | How was that going? | 你们相处的怎么样 |
[05:03] | Not great. | 并不好 |
[05:05] | Dad’s always had a temper, | 我爸总是在气头上 |
[05:07] | and he could be pretty tough on me. | 所以对我挺凶的 |
[05:10] | Did your dad know about your gambling? | 你爸爸知道你赌博的事吗 |
[05:13] | Oh, yes. | 知道的 |
[05:15] | Not a fan. | 意见不小 |
[05:18] | The occasional gentleman’s game is one thing, | 偶尔的牌友聚会是一回事 |
[05:21] | but for his only daughter to be a lowlife, | 但他的独生女像个底层阶级 |
[05:25] | compulsive, degenerate gambler… | 欲罢不能的堕落赌徒… |
[05:29] | Did you continue to gamble while you were living with him? | 你和他住的时候仍然继续去赌吗 |
[05:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:34] | It… | 事实上 |
[05:37] | it actually got a bit out of control. | 事实上事情上有点不受控制了 |
[05:40] | How big a hole we talking about? | 窟窿有多大 |
[05:43] | $300,000. | 三十万 |
[05:49] | That is a lot of money. | 很多钱了 |
[05:52] | And who do you owe the money to? | 你欠的是谁的呢 |
[05:54] | A guy named Asher Ray. | 阿什·雷 |
[05:56] | He runs a game out of Westport. | 他在韦斯特波特开了一家赌场 |
[05:59] | And he’s been breathing down my neck pretty hard | 为了拿回他的钱 |
[06:00] | to get his money. | 一直在处处阻碍我 |
[06:02] | Well, I hate to be indelicate, but your dad’s death | 无意冒犯 但你父亲的死 |
[06:05] | kind of solved all of that, didn’t it? | 一定程度上可以解决这个问题 对吧 |
[06:09] | How much do you stand to inherit? | 你可以继承多少钱 |
[06:12] | $27 million. | 两千七百万 |
[06:16] | So if I’m the prosecutor, | 如果我是检察官 |
[06:19] | this looks like patricide for profit. | 会觉得这是为了钱杀父 |
[06:21] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[06:25] | Hey, old friend. | 老朋友 |
[06:27] | That’s why I called you. | 这就是为什么我给你打了电话 |
[06:41] | What a beautiful little girl. | 多可爱的小女孩啊 |
[06:46] | You guys come up with a name yet? | 你们决定好名字了吗 |
[06:48] | Uh, no. Hospital keeps calling. | 还没 医院一直在打电话 |
[06:50] | They’re acting like we’re trying to pull a fast one. | 他们搞得好像我们要跑路一样 |
[06:53] | Well, it is a little peculiar, | 有点奇怪哈 |
[06:56] | you not having a name for your child. | 没给孩子起好名字呢 |
[06:58] | It’s not like you didn’t have nine months to think about it. | 你们不是有九个月时间考虑吗 |
[07:01] | Ah. We just have very different points of view. | 我们只是有意见差别很大而已 |
[07:04] | You have a name in your head? | 你已经想好了 |
[07:06] | Actually, yeah. | 是啊 |
[07:08] | When I look at her, I see Ingrid. | 我看着她 我就想起了英格这个名字 |
[07:11] | – Ingrid. – Yeah. | – 英格 -是啊 |
[07:13] | That’s such a pretty name. | 好美的名字 |
[07:15] | Your sister’s convinced she’s an Asa. | 你姐姐坚信她应该叫阿萨 |
[07:18] | Asa? | 阿萨 |
[07:19] | A-s-a A-s-a. | |
[07:21] | Asa. Means goddess. | 阿萨 女神的意思 |
[07:26] | Oh. That’s a good one, too. | 那也是个好名字啊 |
[07:29] | You are gonna be no help at all on this, | 你完全不打算帮忙 |
[07:31] | – are you? – Nope. | – 是吧 – 对呀 |
[07:33] | I was not born yesterday, sir. | 我不会搅这个混局的 |
[07:35] | So… | 所以… |
[07:36] | Voir dire. Talk to me. | 预先审查 你有什么想法 |
[07:37] | What are we looking for? | 我们要找什么样的人 |
[07:39] | It’s actually pretty simple. | 其实还挺简单的 |
[07:42] | I think we want jurors who will | 我们需要陪审员在审视维维安时 |
[07:44] | look at Vivian and see someone so sharp, | 看到的是一个聪明的 适应了社会的人 |
[07:47] | so well-adjusted, that they’re just gonna | 让他们在脑中拒绝 |
[07:49] | reject the idea that she’d be involved | 这样的人会犯下 |
[07:51] | in something as heinous and perverse as patricide. | 杀父这样头脑简单的可憎罪行 |
[07:55] | So… what am I looking for? | 所以… 我需要找什么样的人 |
[07:59] | People from close, happy families | 来自亲密快乐的家庭 |
[08:01] | who’d never dream of hurting a loved one? | 永远不会伤害亲人的人吗 |
[08:04] | No. It’s quite the opposite. | 并不 正好相反 |
[08:07] | We want people from complicated, | 我们得找那些来自复杂的 |
[08:10] | dysfunctional families. | 关系异常的家庭的人 |
[08:12] | The more difficult their home life, the better. | 家庭生活越艰难 对我们就越有利 |
[08:15] | People who know that just ’cause you want | 他们明白 |
[08:16] | to kill a family member doesn’t mean | 想杀死家人并不代表 |
[08:18] | that you actually would kill them. | 你真的会做这件事 |
[08:20] | So… | 那么… |
[08:21] | who here spent the holidays | 你们中哪些人 |
[08:24] | with their family? | 是和家人一起度过各种节日的 |
[08:28] | So, you spent | 所以 你和你的家人 |
[08:29] | the holidays with your family and lived to tell about it. | 一起过节之后 成功存活下来了 |
[08:32] | Yes, I did and yes, I did. | 是呀是呀 |
[08:34] | Okay, all right, all right. So, how was it? | 挺好的挺好的 那么感觉怎么样 |
[08:36] | Fantastic. | 棒极了 |
[08:38] | My husband, kids and I rent a cabin every year | 我和我丈夫孩子每年都会 |
[08:40] | with my two sisters and their families. | 跟我两个姐妹的家人一起租一个小木屋 |
[08:43] | It’s not fancy, but we always have a great time. | 虽然并不豪华 但我们都很开心 |
[08:46] | So, no fighting? No raised voices? | 所以你们没有争吵 |
[08:49] | Of course not. | 当然没有了 |
[08:53] | Liar, liar, pants on fire. | 女人的嘴 骗人的鬼 |
[08:55] | Either that or there’s a whole lot of drinking going on. | 他们要么一直在吵 要么不停在喝酒 |
[09:00] | Your Honor… | 法官大人 |
[09:03] | …we’d like to, uh, thank and excuse this juror. | 我们感谢这名陪审员的参与 并希望她离开 |
[09:06] | And what about you, sir? | 你呢 先生 |
[09:10] | Did you spend the holidays with your family? | 你是和你的家人一起过的节吗 |
[09:13] | Afraid so. | 很遗憾 是的 |
[09:14] | I take it it wasn’t fantastic? | 意思是你们过的不那么愉快吗 |
[09:17] | It was three days of listening to my brother humble brag | 整整三天 我就听我哥各种不着痕迹地吹嘘 |
[09:20] | about his big job and his hot girlfriend. | 他的牛逼工作和性感女友 |
[09:23] | And wanting to shove fruitcake | 并且忍住没有用水果蛋糕 |
[09:25] | down my gluten-free, macrobiotic stepmom’s throat. | 噎死我那个只吃无谷蛋白的老不死后妈 |
[09:28] | All of that while dogs barked, | 不仅如此 狗在不停的叫 |
[09:31] | kids screamed and the worst music you ever heard | 小孩子大吼大叫 史上最烂的音乐 |
[09:35] | played nonstop. | 一直单曲循环 |
[09:36] | Mm. My condolences. | 表示哀悼 |
[09:38] | You ever think about just skipping it? | 你就没想过缺席吗 |
[09:42] | Not going? | 不去不就好了 |
[09:43] | You mean not show up for Christmas with my family? | 不跟我的家人一起过圣诞节吗 |
[09:47] | Sure. People do it. | 是啊 有人这样的 |
[09:50] | Not me. | 我可不会 |
[09:52] | I mean, my family drives me nuts, but they’re my family. | 虽然我跟他们呆在一起要疯了 但毕竟是家人 |
[09:57] | Your Honor, the defense finds this juror acceptable. | 法官大人 辩护希望留下这名陪审员 |
[10:01] | Nice work today in court, sir. | 在庭上干得很不错嘛 |
[10:03] | You want to grab some lunch? | 去吃午饭吗 |
[10:04] | Uh, actually, I’m thinking about skipping it. | 我其实在想 要不今天不吃了 |
[10:13] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[10:15] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我好着呢 |
[10:16] | I just ate something I shouldn’t have for breakfast. | 我早餐吃了点不该吃的而已 |
[10:20] | Hey. I think I’m just gonna sit here. | 我就坐这儿休息好了 |
[10:22] | You get yourself something to eat. | 你自己先去吃吧 |
[10:25] | That is not gonna happen. | 我才不会丢下你 |
[10:27] | Maybe we should get you to see a doctor? | 要不去看看医生 |
[10:29] | No, no, no, no. I’m-I’m good. | 不了不了不了 我没事 |
[10:30] | I’m telling you, it’s no big deal. | 这不算什么的 |
[10:33] | Hey, that is some jury we snagged, huh? | 刚刚我们选的陪审团真的很不错 |
[10:37] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:39] | Over two-thirds of them haven’t prejudged Vivian. | 超过三分之二的人都没有对维维安妄加判断 |
[10:41] | I’d say that’s once in a lifetime. | 一辈子一见的好陪审团了 |
[10:51] | Now if I could just convince you | 我现在得说服你 |
[10:53] | to get in a car with me and go to the emergency room, | 和我一起坐车去急诊 |
[10:55] | so someone could take a look at you? | 然后检查一下 |
[10:57] | Well, that’s not gonna happen. | 我不会去的 |
[10:59] | And how long did you work as a home health care worker | 你给被告和她的父亲 |
[11:01] | for the defendant and her father? | 当了多久的家庭护理 |
[11:03] | I worked in their home for a little over four months. | 四个月多一点 |
[11:06] | And during that time, did you become aware | 在你工作的期间 |
[11:09] | that the defendant was deeply in debt to someone? | 你知道被告欠了一大笔款吗 |
[11:16] | Yes. | 知道 |
[11:18] | And how did you come to know this? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[11:21] | One day, um, | 有一天 |
[11:22] | when I was working for Mr. Cahill, | 我在照顾卡希尔先生 |
[11:24] | um, a man came to see Vivian. | 一个男人来找了维维安 |
[11:27] | I was in the next room, | 我就在隔壁 |
[11:29] | and it got pretty loud. | 他们讲得挺大声的 |
[11:30] | And what was said that led you to believe | 他们谈话中的什么内容 |
[11:32] | Vivian owed money to this man? | 让你相信被告欠了这个人钱呢 |
[11:35] | Everything. | 所有的内容 |
[11:36] | He was yelling that she owed him | 他对着她大吼 |
[11:38] | hundreds of thousands of dollars. | 她欠了他几十万美元 |
[11:40] | That did she really think that he’d | 问她真的觉得 |
[11:42] | just turn and look the other way? | 他会就那么不管这件事吗 |
[11:43] | And how did the defendant respond to that? | 被告对此是什么样的反应 |
[11:45] | She told him that she didn’t have | 她告诉他 |
[11:48] | any money to give him right then. | 她没钱还给他 |
[11:49] | That he needed to be patient. | 他得耐心一点 |
[11:52] | Did this seem to satisfy him? | 他对这个回复满意吗 |
[11:55] | No. | 不满意 |
[11:56] | He said people were coming down on him. | 他说他也欠了别人的钱 |
[11:58] | People that he owed money to. | 那些人已经在找他麻烦了 |
[12:01] | And how did the defendant respond to that? | 那被告对此如何回应的呢 |
[12:04] | She begged him for more time. | 她只是求他再给她一点时间 |
[12:07] | And swore that she will pay it all back when her dad died | 并且发誓在她父亲去世之后 |
[12:11] | and she came into her inheritance. | 她会用继承的遗产还上 |
[12:13] | So Vivian was counting | 所以维维安是在指望 |
[12:15] | on her father’s death to bail her out of trouble? | 她父亲的死能解决她的问题咯 |
[12:20] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 要求证人做出推测 |
[12:22] | Sustained. Ask another question, Counselor. | 反对成立 换个问题 顾问 |
[12:25] | I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[12:29] | Your witness, Mr. Colon. | 该你了 科隆先生 |
[12:41] | Hey. | 你好 |
[12:46] | So, this, uh… | 那么这个… |
[12:49] | …man who, uh, came to see Vivian… | …来找维维安的男人 |
[12:52] | did you get a good look at him? | 你当时看到他了吗 |
[12:55] | Yes, I did. | 看到了 |
[12:57] | And was he a big guy? | 他个头大吗 |
[12:59] | Yes, at least six foot, one, maybe six foot, two. | 大 至少一米八五 一米九吧 |
[13:03] | Lots of muscles. | 肌肉发达 |
[13:04] | So, it is safe to say this man | 所以可以说 |
[13:06] | that Vivian owed money to | 维维安的债主 |
[13:08] | was bigger and stronger than she was? | 比她个头大 比她强壮吗 |
[13:11] | Yes, much. | 是的 大很多 |
[13:13] | And, so, this big, strong man… | 那么这个大男人 |
[13:16] | he obviously knew where | 他很显然是知道 |
[13:18] | Terrence Cahill lived. | 特伦斯·卡希尔住哪的 |
[13:20] | Obviously knew he… had a nice house. | 知道他有一栋很漂亮的房子 |
[13:24] | Obviously knew he had lots of money? | 知道他有很多钱 |
[13:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:31] | Are you all right, Mr. Colon? | 你还好吗 科隆先生 |
[13:33] | Yes, Your Honor. | 没事 法官大人 |
[13:34] | Yes, I am, uh… | 没事 |
[13:36] | I’m fine, thank you. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[13:39] | Now, this, uh, man also knew | 那么 这个男人也知道 |
[13:42] | that Vivian’s dad needed to die | 只有维维安的父亲死了 |
[13:46] | before she’d be able to pay him back, isn’t that right? | 她才能还上欠下的钱 对吧 |
[13:49] | Well, that’s what it sounded like. | 听上去是的 |
[13:51] | So, uh… which would you say | 那么 你觉得哪种情况 |
[13:54] | is more likely… | 更有可能发生… |
[13:56] | that, uh, Vivian, who put her life on hold | 是抛下一切 |
[14:00] | to take care of her father, bludgeoned him to death | 来照顾自己的父亲的维维安 |
[14:03] | – with a fireplace tool, or that – Objection! | – 用拔火棍打死了他 还是 – 反对 |
[14:05] | – The big strong man – Mr. Colon. | – 这个强壮的男人 – 科隆先生 |
[14:07] | Broke into her house with the intention | 闯进了他们家 |
[14:09] | – of ending – Mr. Colon. | – 来杀卡希尔 – 科隆先生 |
[14:10] | Mr. Cahill’s life to get his money back? | 以便拿到那笔钱 |
[14:12] | Mr. Colon. | 科隆先生 |
[14:13] | Sustained. | 反对成立 |
[14:15] | The jury will disregard that last question. | 陪审团会无视最后一个问题 |
[14:19] | No, they won’t. | 他们并不会 |
[14:20] | Mr. Colon, are you sure you’re all right? | 科隆先生 你确定你没事吗 |
[14:25] | Benny! | 本尼 |
[14:26] | What is it? What’s happening? | 怎么了 怎么回事 |
[14:28] | Benny, can you hear me? Someone call 911. | 本尼 听得见吗 快叫急救 |
[14:36] | Are you the gentleman who came in with Mr. Colon? | 您是和科隆先生一起的吗 |
[14:38] | Yes, I am, uh… | 是的 |
[14:39] | How’s he doing, is he okay? | 他怎么样了 他还好吧 |
[14:42] | Are you family, sir? | 你是他的家人吗 |
[14:44] | I’m his brother-in-law. | 我是他的姐夫 |
[14:46] | So, is everything all right? | 他没事吧 |
[14:48] | Uh, do you have any idea what’s going on? | 他现在是什么情况呢 |
[14:50] | His appendix burst. | 他的阑尾破裂了 |
[14:51] | At the moment, we’re in the process of preparing him | 我们现在在准备 |
[14:53] | for emergency surgery. | 给他进行紧急手术 |
[14:55] | But he’s gonna be okay, right? | 手术之后就没问题了 对吧 |
[14:57] | Well, it’s always better when we catch | 阑尾没有破裂的情况下 |
[14:59] | these things before they burst. | 病况会好处理很多 |
[15:00] | The surgery and the recovery are always | 阑尾破裂的话 |
[15:02] | a little more involved after they’ve ruptured. | 手术和术后恢复都会相对麻烦一些 |
[15:05] | But still, it’s an appendix. | 但这是阑尾啊 |
[15:07] | You guys do this sort of thing all the time. | 你们处理这个应该有很多经验了吧 |
[15:09] | He should be out of here in what, | 他应该一两天就能 |
[15:10] | a day, day and a half? | 出院了吧 |
[15:12] | not quite. Unfortunately, once the appendix bursts, | 不是的 很不幸 阑尾一旦破裂 |
[15:15] | it releases all manner of infectious agents into the body. | 就会向体内释放各种传染源 |
[15:19] | He could be battling potential infections for weeks. | 几周内他都有潜在的感染风险 |
[15:21] | And, he needs to be monitored. | 而且 他需要住院观察 |
[15:24] | Weeks? | 几周 |
[15:25] | You gonna tell the court about Benny? | 你要跟法庭说本尼的事吗 |
[15:27] | Kind of have to. | 不说不行啊 |
[15:29] | Damn. | 该死 |
[15:30] | That was an amazing jury. | 那可是个超棒陪审团 |
[15:33] | Well, there’s no way the judge holds on to that jury | 法官是绝不可能让这个陪审团保留到 |
[15:35] | until Benny recovers. | 本尼恢复健康的 |
[15:37] | She’ll probably declare a mistrial | 她也许会宣布审判无效 |
[15:39] | and we’ll have to start all over again | 等本尼回来 |
[15:41] | when Benny’s back in action. | 我们只能再从新开始 |
[15:47] | Do you think there might be a chance that I… | 你觉得有没有可能让我 |
[15:50] | could cover for him? | 替他出庭 |
[15:52] | Cover in a murder trial? | 替他出席谋杀案庭审 |
[15:55] | You haven’t even graduated law school. | 你还没从法学院毕业呢 |
[15:57] | No offense, but… no. | 无意冒犯 但是… 不行 |
[16:00] | All right, just thought I’d put it out there. | 好吧 我只是提议一下 |
[16:05] | You know, it says here that Connecticut courts | 你们知道吗 康涅狄格州的法院 |
[16:07] | actually allow law student interns much more latitude | 给予法律系学生实习的自由度 |
[16:09] | than they do in New York. | 比纽约的要大得多 |
[16:11] | Well, latitude is one thing, but allowing a law student | 自由度是一回事 可是允许一名法律系学生 |
[16:14] | to sit first chair on a murder case… | 坐在一宗谋杀案的首席 |
[16:16] | seems like a reach to me. | 在我看来是不可能的 |
[16:19] | And whatever the case, I’m sure they require | 而且无论这是什么案子 我肯定他们会要求 |
[16:22] | students to be supervised by a bar-certified attorney, | 有执业证的律师进行监督 |
[16:24] | and with Benny in the hospital, who’s that gonna be, hmm? | 本尼身在医院 谁来监督呢 |
[16:27] | I don’t know, is there any reason | 我不知道 不能就是 |
[16:29] | it couldn’t just be Benny himself? | 本尼本人吗 |
[16:30] | If that doctor is right, and Benny’s just gonna be | 如果那位医生说得没错 本尼就要 |
[16:33] | lying around the hospital for a couple of weeks, | 在医院躺上几周了 |
[16:35] | Chunk could text him, call him, e-mail him. | 特朗科可以给他发短信 打电话 发邮件 |
[16:40] | With the court’s permission, I’d like to take over | 如果法庭允许 我希望能代替 |
[16:43] | for my colleague Benjamin Colon, who had a medical emergency | 我的同事本杰明·科隆出庭 他昨天因为紧急就医 |
[16:46] | yesterday and will be hospitalized | 在未来的几周 |
[16:47] | for the next few weeks. | 要住院治疗 |
[16:49] | I have fully informed Ms. Cahill of my status | 我已经告知卡希尔女士我现在 |
[16:51] | as a third-year law student and she’s consented | 还是法律系三年级的学生 且她已经同意 |
[16:53] | to my representation. | 我的代理 |
[16:55] | This is my application to the court | 这是我根据第314条规定 |
[16:58] | to appear as a student intern | 以一位实习生的身份 |
[17:00] | under Section 314. | 向法庭提出的申请 |
[17:02] | And that is a letter from Benjamin Colon, | 那是本杰明·科隆写的一封信 |
[17:04] | a member in good standing of the Connecticut Bar for over | 他在康涅狄格州律师协会拥有 |
[17:07] | 20 years, saying that he would supervise me throughout trial. | 二十多年的良好声誉 会在庭审期间负责监督 |
[17:10] | Section 314 specifically states | 第314条明确规定 |
[17:13] | that the supervising attorney must be present in court. | 监督律师必须亲自出庭 |
[17:17] | How’s that gonna work | 如果科隆先生身在医院 |
[17:18] | if Mr. Colon’s in the hospital? | 怎么施行呢 |
[17:20] | Well, I’d make it my business to check in with him regularly. | 我保证定期向他汇报 |
[17:23] | And Dr. Bull, who’s overseen hundreds of trials, | 而经历了数百次庭审的布尔博士 |
[17:26] | will be present in court every day. | 也会每天出席庭审 |
[17:28] | Every minute, Your Honor. | 时刻在庭 法官大人 |
[17:29] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[17:30] | Your Honor, Dr. Bull isn’t a lawyer. | 法官大人 布尔博士并非律师 |
[17:34] | And allowing a law student to sit first chair | 而且在没有执照律师的陪同下 让一名法学院学生 |
[17:36] | at a murder trial without a licensed attorney present | 坐在一宗谋杀案庭审的首席位置 |
[17:39] | practically guarantees a successful | 实际上就是一场 |
[17:41] | “Ineffective assistance of counsel” Appeal. | “无效辩护之诉” |
[17:44] | I don’t know if you’ve noticed, Your Honor, | 我不知道您是否注意到了 法官大人 |
[17:45] | but I’m not your typical 20-something law student. | 我并非一个典型的二十多岁的法律系学生 |
[17:49] | I’ve had quite a few years of life experience | 在我进入法学院之前 我就已经有了 |
[17:51] | under my belt before I started law school. | 多年的生活经验 |
[17:54] | That experience included working on more murder trials | 其中包括指挥部的工作 我处理过的谋杀庭审 |
[17:57] | at TAC than most attorneys handle in their lifetime. | 比大多数律师一辈子接手的都要多 |
[18:00] | And once I started law school, | 而且我一进入法学院 |
[18:02] | I first chaired a number of complicated criminal trials | 我首先就为我们的法律援助所主持了 |
[18:04] | for our legal aid clinic. | 一些复杂的刑事审判 |
[18:06] | Your Honor, the rule is very clear… | 法官大人 规定很明确 |
[18:08] | The rule is in place to protect | 规定是为了最大程度地 |
[18:10] | the client’s best interests. | 保护委托人的利益 |
[18:11] | Well, I fail to see how Ms. Cahill’s best interests | 我看不出审判无效怎么能保护 |
[18:15] | are being protected by a mistrial. | 卡希尔女士的利益 |
[18:17] | Ms. Cahill has been | 卡希尔女士在庭审期间 |
[18:18] | in custody during trial. | 一直被关押 |
[18:20] | A mistrial would simply prolong the incarceration | 无效审判只会延长一个无辜女人 |
[18:23] | of an innocent woman, until God knows | 被监禁的时间 天晓得 |
[18:25] | when we can get ourselves back on the trial calendar. | 何时我们才能回到审判日程上 |
[18:27] | I’m sure Your Honor can make room on her calendar. | 我很肯定法官大人会在审判日程上腾出时间的 |
[18:29] | Furthermore, | 还有 |
[18:30] | if a defendant can represent themselves pro se in court, | 假如被告能够亲自上庭辩护 |
[18:33] | shouldn’t they be allowed to choose a representative, | 他们难道不应该被允许选择一位 |
[18:35] | who is much more qualified than themselves to… | 远更合格的专业代表吗 |
[18:38] | All right. | 好了 |
[18:39] | All right. | 好了 |
[18:40] | You’re obviously able to craft | 很明显你能提出一个 |
[18:41] | a very persuasive legal argument. | 很有说服力的法律论点 |
[18:45] | I’m granting a special dispensation | 我打算给你特殊豁免权 |
[18:49] | that allows you to step in. | 允许你介入 |
[18:52] | But I better not come to regret this decision, | 但是 最好别让我后悔做了这个决定 |
[18:55] | or you will come to regret this decision. | 否则你也会后悔的 |
[18:58] | Are we clear, Mr. Palmer? | 明白吗 帕默先生 |
[19:00] | We are, Your Honor. | 明白 法官大人 |
[19:01] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[19:05] | Well, the good news is | 好消息是 |
[19:07] | your temperature is coming down. | 你的体温正在下降 |
[19:10] | And your blood pressure is getting close to normal. | 血压也接近正常水平了 |
[19:13] | Ah, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[19:14] | Um… do you think there’s any chance | 你觉得有没有可能 |
[19:17] | I might get discharged early? | 让我早点出院 |
[19:19] | I-I’m in the middle of a very important trial… | 我正在忙一个非常重要的庭审 |
[19:22] | First of all, that’s a doctor question. | 首先 这是医生的问题 |
[19:23] | Second of all, nobody said anything | 其次 没人说过 |
[19:25] | about anybody getting discharged. | 有什么人要出院 |
[19:28] | Your body still needs plenty of rest. | 你的身体还需要好好休养 |
[19:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:31] | Well, you are very persuasive. | 你很有说服力 |
[19:34] | You win. | 你赢了 |
[19:35] | Rest it is. | 我休息就是了 |
[19:37] | You say so. | 嘴上说的好 |
[19:52] | Benny, how you feeling? | 本尼 你怎么样了 |
[19:54] | Oof. I’m a little sore, but… | 还有点疼 不过 |
[19:57] | all my major parts seem to be working. | 身体的主要部位好像都在运转 |
[20:00] | So, how-how’s the trial going? | 庭审进行得怎么样了 |
[20:02] | Was there a witness on the stand? Who-who is it? | 有没有目击证人出庭 是什么人 |
[20:04] | How is Chunk doing? Is he doing okay? | 特朗科怎么样了 他还好吗 |
[20:06] | The medical examiner’s on the stand and it’s going fine. | 验尸官出庭了 一切都很好 |
[20:09] | Don’t start getting stressed out over this. | 别为这些事紧张 |
[20:11] | You are supposed to be recuperating. | 你应该好好休养 |
[20:13] | Hey. I’m also supposed to be | 我还应该 |
[20:15] | supervising Chunk. | 监督特朗科呢 |
[20:17] | I sent a letter to the judge saying | 我给法官写了一封信 |
[20:20] | that I am personally responsible for his work. | 说我以个人名义为他的工作担保 |
[20:21] | And I’m sure that Chunk will check in with you | 我保证特朗科会尽快 |
[20:23] | as soon as he can, but until he is on a recess, | 向你汇报 不过在他休庭之前 |
[20:26] | you should rest. | 你应该好好休息 |
[20:28] | Court is adjourned for a ten-minute recess. | 休庭十分钟 |
[20:35] | Bull? | 布尔 |
[20:36] | Sorry to intrude. | 抱歉要打扰一下 |
[20:38] | Well, intrude away. | 那就打扰吧 |
[20:41] | Well, uh, I found a something | 我发现一件事情 |
[20:43] | that may be a nothing. | 可能没什么 |
[20:45] | But a something that’s a nothing is better | 不过这也 |
[20:46] | than the absolutely nothing we already have. | 总比手上一无所有要好 |
[20:49] | You got that right. | 你说对了 |
[20:49] | And this something that may be a nothing? | 那么是什么事呢 |
[20:51] | Well, I spoke with a dog walker who was working | 我跟那天早上在附近工作的 |
[20:52] | in the neighborhood that morning and she says | 一个遛狗人谈过 她说 |
[20:54] | she saw a man running down Cahill’s street | 大约在卡希尔的死亡时间 她看到一个男人 |
[20:57] | around the time of his death. | 从他家那条街跑走了 |
[20:58] | Could be our killer. | 也许是我们的凶手 |
[21:00] | Or it could be a guy out for a jog. | 也许只是一个慢跑的人 |
[21:02] | Does he at least fit the description of the man | 那么至少 他符合去过维维安家 |
[21:04] | who came to Vivian’s home? | 那个人的特征吗 |
[21:06] | Or does he perhaps look like Asher Ray? | 或者说他看着像阿什·雷吗 |
[21:09] | Well, it was cold, | 天气很冷 |
[21:10] | and he was wearing a coat with a hood. | 他穿着一件连帽衫 |
[21:13] | So she didn’t get a very good look at his face, | 所以她没有看清他的脸 |
[21:15] | but she is prepared to testify that he was | 但是她准备好作证说 |
[21:16] | a big guy with dark hair | 他是一个黑发的大块头 |
[21:18] | in the right place at the right time. | 时间 地点都符合 |
[21:19] | Big guy, dark hair. Right place, right time, | 大块头 黑头发 时间地点都正好 |
[21:22] | walking down the street. | 走在街上 |
[21:24] | So that’s definitely a nothing. | 那绝对算不上什么了 |
[21:25] | I said a nothing that may be a something. | 我说过了 可能有 |
[21:27] | That’s a distinction without a difference. | 你这是咬文嚼字 |
[21:29] | You say tomato, I say a place to start. | 那我们俩不就是同一意思嘛 |
[21:31] | She claims he was wearing a blue parka | 她说他当时穿着一件蓝色的大衣 |
[21:34] | with a red stripe down each arm. | 两臂上有红色条纹 |
[21:35] | I’m gonna go through all the security footage | 我会让泰勒骇入附近四百米内的房屋监控 |
[21:38] | Taylor can hack into within a quarter mile of the house, | 并亲自检查所有的监控录像 |
[21:40] | see if I can find him and perhaps get a look at his face, | 看看能不能找到这个人或者是获得他的正脸图像 |
[21:43] | – or his car, something. – Okay, uh, | – 或是车辆信息什么的 – 嗯 那个 |
[21:45] | question from the peanut gallery. | 斗胆问一下 |
[21:46] | This witness… did she happen to mention | 这个证人…她有说过 |
[21:48] | whether or not she’d spoken to the police? | 她之前有联系过警方吗 |
[21:50] | No. They never questioned her. | 没有 他们没有盘问过她 |
[21:52] | Although I can’t fault them. | 对此我也无可指摘 |
[21:55] | Bull’s not wrong. | 布尔说得没错 |
[21:57] | All of this is really the very definition of a long shot. | 说了这么多也只是为了一丝机会 |
[22:00] | Yeah, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. | 也许是吧 但也不一定 |
[22:03] | Detective Jacobson, during your investigation, | 杰叩森警探 你在调查过程中 |
[22:07] | did you have an opportunity to speak to someone named Jami Schaefer? | 是否曾和名为洁米·谢斐的女士有过交流 |
[22:11] | Not that I recall. | 我没印象 |
[22:13] | Well, let me jog your memory. | 那让我帮你整理一下回忆 |
[22:16] | She’s a dog walker who was working | 在谋杀案发生的当天早晨 |
[22:17] | in Terrence Cahill’s neighborhood | 她经过特伦斯·卡希尔的住所 |
[22:20] | the morning of the murder. | 并在附近街道遛狗 |
[22:21] | – Does that ring a bell? – No. | – 这让你想起了什么了吗 – 没有 |
[22:24] | I’m sorry, I don’t recall any dog walker | 很抱歉 对于遛狗的或者是这个名字 |
[22:26] | or anyone with that name. | 我都毫无印象 |
[22:28] | Really? | 你确定 |
[22:30] | Well, she was in the area. | 当时她就在事发区域 |
[22:32] | If there was something or someone to see, | 如果现场有什么可疑的地方或者相关人员 |
[22:35] | she might well have seen it. | 说不定她就是目击证人 |
[22:37] | An investigative lapse | 这种调查疏忽 |
[22:39] | like this makes me wonder how many other | 不得不让我质疑有多少潜在的证人 |
[22:41] | – potential witnesses you missed. – Objection. | – 因为你而被忽略 – 我反对 |
[22:44] | Is counselor gonna ask a question | 请问这位顾问律师是在问问题 |
[22:46] | or just posture for the jury? | 还是在演戏给陪审团看 |
[22:47] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 很抱歉 法官阁下 |
[22:49] | I’m…I’m just trying to understand how the detective can | 我只是在试图搞清楚为什么这位警探 |
[22:53] | be so certain that he’s arrested the right person when he didn’t | 会在没有找齐潜在的证人的情况下 |
[22:56] | speak to all of the potential witnesses. | 确定自己已经抓拿真凶 |
[22:58] | Your Honor, he’s still doing it. | 法官阁下 他还不停下 |
[22:59] | Not to mention citing facts not in evidence | 更不用说他所陈述的东西都是 |
[23:03] | and events for which there is no foundation. | 毫无根据的 |
[23:05] | Our little Chunk playing dirty. Makes me so proud. | 小特朗科玩得一手阴的 真让我骄傲 |
[23:08] | Objection sustained. We know you’re new at this, | 反对有效 我们明白你是一位新人 |
[23:12] | Counselor, but you’re supposed to ask the questions | 顾问律师 但你要做的应该是问你要问的问题 |
[23:14] | and he’s supposed to make the statements. | 然后让他作出陈述 |
[23:17] | So ask a question. | 所以 问吧 |
[23:20] | Will do, Your Honor. | 好的 法官阁下 |
[23:22] | Detective Jacobson, would it surprise you to learn | 杰叩森警探 如果说谢斐女士回答说 |
[23:26] | that Ms. Schaefer said that she saw a man | 在卡希尔的预计死亡时间前后 |
[23:28] | running down the street, away from | 看到一个男人从他家跑走了 |
[23:30] | the Cahill house around the time of his death? | 你会惊讶吗 |
[23:33] | Yeah, that is certainly new information. | 嗯 这的确是一条新的线索 |
[23:35] | And would it surprise you to learn that the witness | 还有 如果说该名证人所呈述的这名男子 |
[23:37] | described this man as big and dark-haired? | 十分高大并有一头黑发 |
[23:41] | Just like Asher Ray, the man who threatened | 长得很像威胁维维安·卡希尔的 |
[23:44] | Vivian Cahill? | 阿什·雷 |
[23:47] | With all due respect, | 恕我直言 |
[23:49] | many men are big and dark-haired, | 许多男人都是十分高大并有一头黑发的 |
[23:51] | and millions of them were walking around | 他们中的很多人在卡希尔先生遇害的时候 |
[23:53] | when Mr. Cahill died. | 都不在家中 |
[23:55] | Some of them in his very neighborhood, | 甚至其中部分人就在卡希尔家的附近街道 |
[23:57] | but that doesn’t change my point of view about this crime | 但这并不会改变我对于这件案件 |
[23:59] | and who I believe committed it. | 以及嫌疑人的看法 |
[24:01] | But in light of this new information, | 但鉴于该新线索的出现 |
[24:03] | will you at least concede the possibility | 你多少都得承认 |
[24:06] | that Asher Ray killed Terrence Cahill | 阿什·雷杀害了特伦斯·卡希尔 |
[24:09] | so that my client could come into her inheritance | 好让我的客户获得遗产并偿还于他 |
[24:12] | and therefore have the money to pay him back? | 这个可能性是存在的 |
[24:14] | No, I would not. | 不 我不这么看 |
[24:15] | Huh. What’s this detective so smug about? | 是什么让这个警探这么自以为是的 |
[24:18] | What does he know that we don’t know? | 他还知道什么我们不知道的东西 |
[24:20] | Don’t step in it, Chunk. | 别中计了 特朗科 |
[24:22] | So a man matching Asher Ray’s description | 所以说一个有着和阿什·雷相似外貌描述的人 |
[24:24] | is seen near the crime scene around the time of his death | 在被害者遇害时分出现在犯罪现场附近 |
[24:28] | and you won’t concede that it’s possible | 而你依旧不认为他有可能是 |
[24:30] | that he’s the killer? | 做案凶手是吗 |
[24:32] | That’s what I said. In fact I’ll go so far to say | 没错 老实说我可以直接告诉你 |
[24:35] | that it’s impossible for Asher Ray to be the killer. | 阿什·雷不可能是做案凶手 |
[24:37] | Really? Impossible? | 不可能 是吗 |
[24:41] | How is that? | 此话怎讲 |
[24:43] | Because Asher Ray died | 因为阿什·雷在 |
[24:45] | two days before Terrence Cahill was murdered. | 特伦斯·卡希尔遇害前的两天已经去世了 |
[24:47] | His body was fished out of the Hudson | 前天 一条拖网渔船 |
[24:49] | day before yesterday | 在哈德逊河上破冰的时候 |
[24:50] | when a trawler was breaking up ice on the water. | 打捞到了他的尸体 |
[24:53] | The coroner said he’d been dead at least 72 hours at that point, | 验尸官当时确定他的死亡时间是在七十二小时之前 |
[24:55] | so I can assure you that Asher Ray couldn’t have killed him | 所以我可以向你保证阿什·雷不可能是凶手 |
[24:58] | unless his ghost rose up out of the water and did it. | 除非他诈尸还魂从水里跳出来然后跑去作了案 |
[25:03] | Wow, Chunk, that’s gonna be tough to get off your shoes. | 特朗科 这回你可真够难堪的 |
[25:11] | Asher Ray’s dead? | 阿什·雷已经死了 |
[25:12] | How did we not know he was dead? | 我们怎么可能对此毫不知情 |
[25:15] | I’m guessing the A.D.A. asked the medical examiner | 我想是检察官让法医 |
[25:18] | to hold off on signing Ray’s death certificate. | 推迟出具雷的死亡证明 |
[25:21] | She knew we were gonna use Ray to create reasonable doubt | 她知道我们会利用雷来做合理的推疑 |
[25:24] | and she wanted to discredit us in court. | 同时还想让我们在法庭上名誉扫地 |
[25:26] | It’s pretty smart, actually. | 这可真够聪明的 |
[25:28] | Yeah, and now our best alternative suspect is gone. | 对呀 现在我们最有希望的猜疑对象已经没有了 |
[25:31] | The prosecution has rested, we’re up, | 原告可以轻松下来了 而我们还在焦头烂额 |
[25:34] | and all Chunk has to work with | 留给特朗科的只有 |
[25:35] | is a man in a parka who could have been out jogging. | 一个穿着大衣 可能只是在跑步的男人 |
[25:42] | I don’t mean to be rude, | 我并非有意冒犯 |
[25:44] | but how can any of this make you happy? | 但现在这局面有什么值得你开心的吗 |
[25:47] | I’m not crazy. | 我没疯 |
[25:50] | I…I mean, I know that this is bad for us, but… | 我知道现在的情况很糟糕 但是… |
[25:53] | I guess I’m just relieved | 我想我终于可以安心了 |
[25:56] | Ray didn’t kill my father. | 雷没有杀死我的父亲 |
[26:00] | It means | 这意味着 |
[26:02] | I’m not responsible for his death. | 他的死不是因为我 |
[26:06] | There it is. | 没错 |
[26:08] | When one door closes, another one opens. | 天无绝人之路 |
[26:11] | What do you mean? | 你的意思是 |
[26:13] | With your permission, I want to put you on the stand. | 如果你同意的话 我想让你坐到证人席上 |
[26:17] | I want the jury to see exactly what you just showed us. | 我想让陪审团看到你刚刚展示给我们看的那一面 |
[26:22] | You loved your father. | 你是爱你的父亲的 |
[26:25] | And the very thought that you might have caused him harm | 光是想到你可能让他受到了伤害 |
[26:29] | very nearly brought you to tears. | 就几乎让你哭了出来 |
[26:31] | Forget about you actually having killed him yourself. | 别去想是你杀了他 |
[26:34] | Yeah, I think you might be on to something there, Chunk. | 特朗科 我觉得这条路可行 |
[26:37] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[26:39] | Ms. Cahill, | 卡希尔女士 |
[26:40] | over the years, did you have the occasion | 这些年来当你有困难的时候 |
[26:43] | to ask your father for money when you got in trouble? | 你是否向你的父亲寻求过经济援助 |
[26:46] | Oh, yes. A number of times. | 是的 有好几次 |
[26:49] | And he helped | 他多次 |
[26:51] | dig me out of some pretty big holes. | 把我从大窟窿里拉了出来 |
[26:53] | What about this last time? | 那最后这一次呢 |
[26:55] | Did you ask your father for money | 你是否问过你的父亲让他替你 |
[26:57] | to help pay back Asher Ray? | 偿还欠阿什·雷的钱呢 |
[26:58] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:00] | But this time he said no. | 不过这一次他拒绝了 |
[27:04] | He said that he was done bailing me out, | 他说他不想再帮我擦屁股了 |
[27:07] | that before he died | 还说要在去世之前 |
[27:11] | he needed to teach me to stand on my own. | 教会我如何独立生存 |
[27:14] | And were you angry when he refused to help you? | 那当他拒绝帮助你的时候你生气吗 |
[27:20] | No. | 没有 |
[27:22] | Not really. | 没怎么生气 |
[27:25] | He was right. | 他说得对 |
[27:27] | And I knew he was right. | 我也知道他是对的 |
[27:30] | I was scared, | 虽然我当时很害怕 |
[27:31] | but I wasn’t mad at him. | 但我生他的气 |
[27:37] | I was mad at myself. | 我只是气我自己 |
[27:40] | Mad for asking a sick, old man | 气自己总是寄望于一个多病的老人 |
[27:43] | to help me out. | 能帮助自己走出困境 |
[27:45] | Again. | 一次又一次 |
[27:48] | Now, we’ve heard testimony that your father | 我们目前掌握的证词上说 |
[27:50] | was verbally abusive towards you. | 你的父亲对你有口头侮辱的行为 |
[27:53] | Would you say that’s a fair statement? | 这是客观事实吗 |
[27:55] | Yeah, well, | 是的 |
[27:57] | my dad said some pretty awful things to me. | 我的父亲对我说过一些让人很难堪的话 |
[28:00] | So if he was so awful to you, | 那如果说他对你的态度如此恶劣 |
[28:02] | why did you move home to help care for him | 你为什么还要在他中风后搬回家 |
[28:05] | after his stroke? | 照顾他呢 |
[28:07] | Because he was my dad. | 因为他是我的父亲 |
[28:13] | Tell me we flipped somebody. | 让我知道我们争取到了点人吧 |
[28:15] | I wish I could. | 如果可以的话我也想 |
[28:17] | Well, if we lose this, | 如果我们输了这场官司 |
[28:19] | it won’t be Chunk’s fault. | 那不是特朗科的错 |
[28:21] | The guy is good. | 他挺不错的 |
[28:23] | He’s no Benny yet, but… | 虽然还没到本尼的水平 但是… |
[28:25] | the guy’s good. | 挺不错的 |
[28:28] | – You there, Benny? – I’m here. | – 你在吗 本尼 – 我在 |
[28:30] | Dressed in my finest jammies, | 穿着我最高级的睡衣 |
[28:32] | anxious to hear the latest. | 焦急等待最新消息 |
[28:34] | So let’s talk about parka guy. | 那我们来谈谈大衣男吧 |
[28:36] | Oh, I like it. He’s got a name. | 我喜欢 他有名字了 |
[28:38] | Okay, so parka guy was caught on camera | 好吧 所以大衣男被监控拍下 |
[28:40] | buying a carton of cigarettes in a convenience store | 在一个便利店买一堆香烟 |
[28:42] | about a block away from the Cahill home, | 就在距离卡希尔的家一条街区的地方 |
[28:45] | 20 minutes before the murder. | 谋杀发生前二十分钟 |
[28:47] | I sweet-talked the store manager, | 我软磨硬泡便利店经理 |
[28:49] | and he pulled the day’s credit and debit card receipts | 他给我看了那天的借记卡和信用卡收据 |
[28:51] | and I was able to get a name. Daniel Zabinski. | 我弄到了一个名字 丹尼尔·泽兵斯基 |
[28:54] | 18. Lives in Queens. | 十八岁 住在皇后区 |
[28:56] | That’d be him. Uh, goes to high school in Queens, | 是他了 高中在皇后区 |
[28:59] | works in a coffee shop in Queens. | 上班在皇后区 一家咖啡店 |
[29:01] | So I guess we’re safe to assume he didn’t just go for a jog | 那我猜他不只是去格林威治跑步的 |
[29:03] | in Greenwich, which is at least an hour and 20 away | 毕竟公共交通起码要 |
[29:06] | – via public transit. – Exactly. | – 一个小时二十分钟才能过去 – 没错 |
[29:08] | The problem is I haven’t been able to find any connection | 问题是我没能找到任何 |
[29:10] | between this Zabinski kid and Terrence Cahill. | 把他和特伦斯·卡希尔联系起来的东西 |
[29:13] | Zabinski. Zabinski. | 泽兵斯基 泽兵斯基 |
[29:15] | Something about that name… Yes. | 这名字… 对了 |
[29:17] | Celeste Zabinski. | 塞勒·泽兵斯基 |
[29:19] | Who’s Celeste Zabinski? | 谁是塞勒·泽兵斯基 |
[29:21] | Celeste Zabinski is a 42-year-old woman who, | 塞勒·泽兵斯基是一个四十二岁的女人 |
[29:24] | up until she was terminated seven months ago, | 直到七个月前 |
[29:26] | worked for Vivian’s father, | 被维维安的父亲解雇了 |
[29:28] | – Terrence Cahill. – Ah. | – 特伦斯·卡希尔 – 啊 |
[29:30] | The plot thickens. | 逐渐复杂 |
[29:31] | When we found out Ray was dead | 我们发现雷死了之后 |
[29:33] | I started looking into possible disgruntled employees | 我开始调查有可能满怀怨恨的 |
[29:36] | who worked at Terrence’s accounting firm. | 特伦斯会计公司前员工 |
[29:37] | And do you, perchance, have an address for this Celeste? | 那你 有没有恰巧发现这个塞勒的地址 |
[29:40] | Same as Daniel’s. | 和丹尼尔一样 |
[29:41] | – So I’m guessing she’s his mother. – Oops. | – 那我猜她是他的母亲了 – 哦不 |
[29:45] | Turns out they got evicted last month. | 他们上个月被驱逐了 |
[29:48] | That’s not an oops. I can run with that. | 等等 我能用上这条线索 |
[29:51] | Maybe Daniel killed Terrence because he fired his mother | 或许丹尼尔杀了特伦斯是因为他把他母亲炒了 |
[29:55] | and they wound up on the street. | 然后他们无家可归 |
[29:57] | Well, are we sure Terrence was even around | 泽兵斯基女士被炒的时候 |
[30:00] | when this Zabinski woman was fired? | 特伦斯还在工作吗 |
[30:01] | He hasn’t been running the firm since he had his stroke. | 他自从中风就没有管理公司了 |
[30:04] | Well, according to my research, she was fired | 根据我的调查 她是 |
[30:06] | seven months ago and Terrence didn’t even have | 七个月之前被炒的 特伦斯那时候 |
[30:07] | his first stroke until six months ago. So, yeah, | 还没有发生六个月前的第一次中风 |
[30:10] | it seems fairly certain that Terrence | 所以很确定特伦斯 |
[30:11] | was around when they pulled the trigger on Celeste. | 在塞勒被炒的时候是在的 |
[30:13] | But, again, to me, the really telling thing is that | 但是 重点依然是 |
[30:16] | Celeste and her son got evicted | 塞勒和她的儿子 |
[30:18] | just a couple of days before the murder. | 在谋杀发生的几天前被驱逐了 |
[30:20] | And here’s another tidbit worth sharing: | 还有一个有用的信息 |
[30:22] | according to his search history, | 根绝他的浏览记录 |
[30:23] | Daniel started googling Terrence around that same time. | 丹尼尔大概在那个时候开始谷歌特伦斯 |
[30:27] | Any chance you obtained | 有可能合法获取 |
[30:29] | that search history in a legal manner? | 他的浏览记录吗 |
[30:32] | I plead the Fifth. | 我选择缄默 |
[30:34] | So none of this is admissible in court? | 所以这些都不能在法庭使用吗 |
[30:36] | We’ll find a way to get it in. | 我们能找到办法的 |
[30:38] | The point is we suddenly have another credible suspect | 重点是我们突然有可靠地嫌疑人 |
[30:42] | and a very credible motive. | 以及可靠地动机了 |
[30:44] | Nice work, you two. | 做得好 你们两个 |
[30:47] | We might actually be back in the game. | 我们说不定能回归战斗了 |
[30:48] | Speaking of which, | 对了 |
[30:50] | there’s a shot I might be out of here | 或许我明天晚上之前 |
[30:51] | by the end of the day tomorrow. | 就能出院 |
[30:54] | If you think it might be helpful for me to step in, | 你们如果觉得我的加入有帮助的话 |
[30:56] | maybe put together a closing argument. | 或许我可以做一个结束陈词 |
[31:01] | Hey, that’s great to hear, Benny. | 很高兴知道 本尼 |
[31:03] | Let us know | 记得告诉我们 |
[31:04] | when and if that happens. | 你什么时候或者能否出来 |
[31:07] | In the meantime, we are due back in court | 与此同时 我们明天 |
[31:09] | tomorrow right after lunch. | 午餐后就回法庭 |
[31:10] | Danny, Taylor, | 丹尼 泰勒 |
[31:12] | you guys continue to drill down on this tomorrow morning. | 你们明天早上继续调查这个 |
[31:15] | – Of course. – Will do. | – 当然 – 会的 |
[31:17] | Nice work, everybody. | 做得好 大伙 |
[31:18] | Talk tomorrow, Benny. I got to get home to the girls. | 明天再聊 本尼 我得回家陪我的乖乖们了 |
[31:21] | Now let’s get out of here. | 赶快走吧 |
[31:40] | – Good morning. – From your lips. | – 早上好 – 还好意思说 |
[31:42] | – Can I ask you a question? – The answer’s no. | – 我能问你个问题吗 – 答案是不 |
[31:44] | But you haven’t heard my question yet. | 但你还没听我的问题呢 |
[31:46] | What, you want to know if I’m gonna yank you off the case | 什么 你想知道我会不会把你撤离案子 |
[31:48] | – and let Benny finish it up? – And? | – 让本尼负责结束陈词吗 – 然后呢 |
[31:51] | And, as I said, as of now, the answer’s no. | 我说了 目前为止 答案是不会 |
[31:55] | – Thanks. I appreciate it. – Well, I’m not doing it for you. | – 谢谢 我很感激 – 我不是为了你 |
[31:58] | I have a professional responsibility | 我的专业责任 |
[31:59] | to do what’s best for my client, | 让我为我的客户着想 |
[32:01] | and right now what’s best is you. | 现在这个情况下最好的是你 |
[32:03] | You know more, | 你知道的更多 |
[32:04] | and you have a deeper understanding than Benny. | 你比本尼了解的更多 |
[32:06] | Plus… | 而且… |
[32:08] | you have more to lose if we don’t prevail, and… | 如果我们输了你的损失更大 而且… |
[32:10] | more to gain if we do. | 如果赢了你也利益更多 |
[32:12] | And if any of that should change… | 如果这些有改变的话… |
[32:14] | It won’t. | 不会的 |
[32:16] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[32:21] | We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[32:23] | What? With our new suspect? | 什么 新嫌疑人吗 |
[32:25] | Our new motive? | 新动机吗 |
[32:26] | Kinda sorta both. | 差不多都有关系 |
[32:28] | Celeste Zabinski, Daniel Zabinski’s mother… | 塞勒·泽兵斯基 丹尼尔·泽兵斯基的母亲… |
[32:31] | she was never fired from Terrence Cahill’s firm. | 她从来没被特伦斯·卡希尔的公司炒鱿鱼 |
[32:34] | What, she quit? | 什么 辞职吗 |
[32:36] | No, it’s worse than that. | 不 更糟糕 |
[32:37] | She never actually worked | 她就没有 |
[32:39] | at Terrence Cahill’s accounting firm. | 在特伦斯·卡希尔的会计公司工作过 |
[32:41] | Yesterday you told us she was on the payroll for 18 years. | 昨天你说她拿了十八年的工资 |
[32:44] | She was on the payroll. | 她确实拿了工资 |
[32:45] | But this morning I found out | 但是今早我发现 |
[32:47] | that nobody at that firm has ever heard of her. | 那个公司没有人听说过她 |
[32:49] | Not Terrence’s number two, | 特伦斯的二把手 |
[32:50] | who’s been running it since his stroke. | 作为他中风后一直负责的人不知道 |
[32:52] | Not the head of HR. No one. | 人力资源部主管不知道 没人知道 |
[32:54] | The woman is a ghost. | 这个女人是个幽灵 |
[32:56] | Celeste was on the payroll for 18 years? | 塞勒拿了十八年的工资吗 |
[32:59] | And how old is her son, our suspect, Daniel? | 她的儿子 我们的嫌疑人 丹尼尔多大 |
[33:02] | 18 years old. | 十八岁 |
[33:06] | And no one finds that interesting? | 没人觉得这很有意思吗 |
[33:09] | Have you ever heard of Celeste Zabinski? | 你听说过塞勒·泽兵斯基吗 |
[33:12] | No. Never. | 从没听说过 |
[33:13] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[33:15] | What about Daniel Zabinski? | 丹尼尔·泽兵斯基呢 |
[33:17] | No. Sorry, who are these people | 没有 抱歉 这些人是谁 |
[33:19] | and what do they have to do with me? | 他们又和我什么关系 |
[33:21] | The short version is we think we may have found | 简单说就是我们觉得我们可能发现了 |
[33:24] | the person who killed your father. | 杀害了你父亲的人 |
[33:28] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[33:30] | The man or the woman? | 男人还是女人 |
[33:32] | And… why would one of them want to kill my dad? | 而且… 他们为什么要杀我的父亲 |
[33:36] | We’re talking about Daniel. | 我们说的是丹尼尔 |
[33:39] | And I… | 而且我… |
[33:40] | strongly suspect that your father, Terrence… | 严重怀疑你父亲 特伦斯… |
[33:44] | was his father, too. | 也是他的父亲 |
[33:48] | This is Daniel. | 这是丹尼尔 |
[33:50] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[33:53] | Yeah, he looks just like my dad at that age. | 他和我爸爸当年一模一样 |
[33:56] | One of my investigators discovered | 我们的一个调查员发现 |
[33:58] | that your father had been paying Daniel’s mother | 你父亲用他的公司十八年来 |
[34:00] | through his company for the last 18 years, | 一直在给丹尼尔的母亲付钱 |
[34:03] | and those payments stopped | 而且那些钱 |
[34:05] | on Daniel’s 18th birthday. | 在丹尼尔十八岁生日后就停止了 |
[34:06] | Of course, we don’t have any definitive proof | 当然 我们没有任何具体的证据 |
[34:08] | that Terrence is Daniel’s father. | 证明特伦斯是丹尼尔的父亲 |
[34:10] | There’s no father listed on Daniel’s birth certificate. | 丹尼尔的出生证明上没有写父亲 |
[34:13] | We were hoping maybe there was something | 我们希望你能 |
[34:15] | you could remember that could help us. | 记起什么来帮助我们 |
[34:18] | Uh, I-I don’t know. | 我 我不知道 |
[34:20] | I just… | 我只是… |
[34:22] | I can’t believe this. | 难以相信 |
[34:27] | You said he was 18? | 你说他十八岁吗 |
[34:31] | I do remember my parents | 我确实记得我父母 |
[34:33] | going through a really rough patch. | 当时关系不太好 |
[34:35] | I was about 14, I think. | 我大概十四吧 |
[34:37] | That would have been about 18 years ago. | 差不多是十八年前 |
[34:39] | They were fighting all the time. | 他们一直吵架 |
[34:41] | They even stopped sleeping in the same bed. | 他们甚至不睡一张床了 |
[34:45] | Maybe my mom found out. | 或许我妈妈发现了 |
[34:48] | I guess we’ll never know. | 我猜我们是不会知道了 |
[34:50] | You were never aware of him disappearing, | 你从来没发现过他离家 |
[34:52] | maybe to go spend some time with Daniel? | 去陪陪丹尼尔 |
[34:55] | Or… Daniel’s mother? | 或者…丹尼尔的母亲吗 |
[34:58] | No. | 没有 |
[34:59] | I truly doubt my dad was in this kid’s life | 我不觉得我爸除了给他母亲钱之外 |
[35:02] | beyond paying his mom. | 还跟这个孩子会有任何联系 |
[35:04] | And if he was, I certainly wasn’t aware of it. | 就算有 我也没有发现过 |
[35:09] | I guess we could subpoena Daniel, make him testify. | 们可以传唤丹尼尔 让他出庭 |
[35:12] | But everything that we have on him is circumstantial. | 但这些都只是我们的推论 |
[35:14] | Where did Danny say he works? | 丹尼刚刚说他在哪工作来着 |
[35:16] | Coffee shop in Queens. Why, what are you thinking? | 皇后区的一个咖啡店 怎么了 |
[35:18] | I’m thinking maybe Danny should go get herself a cappuccino | 或许丹尼可以去买杯卡布奇诺 |
[35:20] | and we should ask the judge for a two-day continuance. | 然后我们向法官申请两天的延期 |
[35:27] | No Benny? | 本尼没来吗 |
[35:29] | No. He’s home. | 没有 他在家 |
[35:31] | But, uh, he’s not feeling 100%. | 不过他还有点不舒服 |
[35:34] | Besides, I think he knows you got this. | 再说了 我觉得他相信你 |
[35:38] | He did want me to give you a message, though. | 不过他想让我给你带个话 |
[35:41] | He wanted me to tell you | 他想让我告诉你 |
[35:43] | don’t make the mistake of crucifying this witness. | 不要擅自以杀人犯评判这个嫌疑人 |
[35:47] | You show some compassion, | 给予一些温柔 |
[35:50] | you might just get some back. | 或许以后你也会受到同等对待 |
[35:52] | Got it. | 明白 |
[35:55] | Your Honor, the defense calls | 法官大人 辩方传唤 |
[35:56] | Daniel Zabinski to the stand. | 丹尼尔·泽兵斯基出庭 |
[36:10] | Mr. Zabinski… | 泽兵斯基先生 |
[36:12] | this security video footage | 一月十七日 上午8:43 |
[36:14] | January 17th, at 8:43 a.m. | 也就是在特伦斯·卡希尔被杀的二十分钟前 |
[36:17] | in a Greenwich, Connecticut, convenience store | 在他家几个街区之外 |
[36:20] | twenty minutes before Terrence Cahill was killed, | 康乃迪克州格林威治的一家便利店 |
[36:22] | a few blocks away. | 监控拍下了这一段录像 |
[36:28] | That’s you. | 那是你 |
[36:29] | Isn’t it, Mr. Zabinski? | 对吗 泽兵斯基先生 |
[36:31] | Buying cigarettes? | 在买香烟 |
[36:34] | Before you answer, you should know | 在你回答之前 |
[36:35] | that we have your signature | 我有义务告诉你 |
[36:37] | on the debit card transaction record | 我们有你在付款时 |
[36:39] | that you signed when you purchased. | 在借记卡发票上的签名 |
[36:44] | Okay. | 那行吧 |
[36:45] | Okay? | 行吧 |
[36:47] | Does okay mean yes or does okay mean no? | 意思是你还是不是 |
[36:51] | Okay, yes, I guess that’s me. | 行 是的 大概是我 |
[36:55] | And can you tell the jury where you live? | 你愿意告诉陪审团你住在哪吗 |
[36:58] | With my mother at my aunt’s apartment | 和我妈住在我阿姨的公寓 |
[37:01] | in Forest Hills. Queens. | 在皇后区的森林山 |
[37:03] | And do you know how far Greenwich, Connecticut, is | 你知道康乃狄克州的格林威治区 |
[37:06] | from where you live? | 离你家有多远吗 |
[37:07] | You mean in miles? No. | 你是说多少公里吗 不清楚 |
[37:10] | Well, I mean, can you give the jury an idea | 我是说 你可以大概给大家一个印象吗 |
[37:13] | of how long it took you to get from place to another? | 你花了多久从你家到那里的吗 |
[37:17] | I don’t know. | 我也不太清楚 |
[37:18] | Hour, 15, | 一小时十五分钟 |
[37:20] | hour and a half. | 或一个半小时 |
[37:21] | I’d subway to Grand Central, train to Greenwich. | 我坐了地铁到中央车站 然后坐火车去的格林威治 |
[37:24] | And what brought you to Greenwich that day? | 你那天为什么要去格林威治呢 |
[37:27] | A job interview. | 去面试 |
[37:30] | Really? A job interview? | 是吗 面试 |
[37:32] | That’s very helpful. | 很好 |
[37:33] | Well, can you tell us the name | 那你可以告诉我们 |
[37:34] | of the company and the person that you interviewed with? | 面试你的公司以及面试官的名字吗 |
[37:38] | Let me remind you | 我需要再次提醒你 |
[37:39] | one more time that you’re under oath. | 你宣过誓要说真话了 |
[37:47] | Daniel, have you ever been in court before? | 丹尼尔 你以前出过庭吗 |
[37:49] | No. | 没有 |
[37:50] | Okay. Do you know what perjury is? | 好吧 你知道伪证是什么吗 |
[37:55] | It’s when you say something in court | 伪证就是你在法庭上 |
[37:57] | that isn’t true. | 说了假话 |
[37:59] | Do you know what happens to a person who commits perjury? | 你知道如果一个人做了伪证会怎样吗 |
[38:03] | They go to jail. | 他们要去坐牢的 |
[38:06] | So… | 所以… |
[38:07] | now that you know the rules, | 现在你知道规则了 |
[38:09] | why don’t we start over again. | 我们再来一遍吧 |
[38:11] | What brought you to Greenwich that day? | 你那天为什么去格林威治 |
[38:17] | I needed to speak to someone. | 我得去跟一个人谈谈 |
[38:19] | And was that someone your father? | 那个人是你的父亲吗 |
[38:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:24] | He might have been. | 可能是吧 |
[38:27] | My mother told me he was. | 我妈妈告诉我他是 |
[38:29] | And was that man’s name | 那个人的名字 |
[38:30] | Terrence Cahill? | 是特伦斯·卡希尔吗 |
[38:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:37] | You seeing any action yet? | 陪审员那边有什么反应吗 |
[38:38] | – Not yet. – Well, don’t touch that dial. | – 还没有 – 再等等看 |
[38:41] | Now I’ve got another video to show you. | 现在我需要给你看另一段录像 |
[38:45] | This was taken the night before last | 这是前天晚上 |
[38:47] | at the coffee shop that you work at. | 在你工作的咖啡店录下的 |
[38:48] | That’s you right there, isn’t it, Daniel? | 那是你 对吧丹尼尔 |
[38:56] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:58] | Would it surprise you to learn that your fingerprints, | 你知道吗 那个咖啡杯上采集的 |
[39:01] | which were recovered from that coffee mug, | 你的指纹与我们从 |
[39:04] | matched the partial fingerprints which were recovered | 谋杀了特伦斯·卡希尔的凶器 |
[39:06] | from the fireplace poker | 那个拔火棍上 |
[39:07] | used to kill Terrence Cahill? | 采集的部分指纹是吻合的 |
[39:14] | Why don’t you tell the jury what really happened, Daniel. | 告诉大家发生了什么吧 丹尼尔 |
[39:24] | I just wanted to talk to him. | 我只是想和他谈谈 |
[39:27] | I just wanted to ask him to give my mom a little bit more money. | 我想让他再给我母亲一点钱 |
[39:32] | She told me he’d been giving us money for years | 她告诉我他已经给我们钱很多年了 |
[39:34] | but all of a sudden he stopped. | 但是突然间 他不再给了 |
[39:36] | She told me where he lived, so I just… went there. | 她告诉了我他的住址 所以我就过去了 |
[39:40] | And when I saw the house… | 然后看见了他的房子 |
[39:43] | I mean, it’s this… | 那是… |
[39:46] | big… house. | 一栋…. 大房子 |
[39:50] | Anyway, I rang the bell, but no one answered. | 不管怎样 我去按了门铃 但没人开门 |
[39:53] | So then I just went around back. | 所以我绕到了后门 |
[39:57] | And there he was. | 然后看见了他 |
[39:59] | Just sitting there. | 他就坐在那里 |
[40:02] | So I just asked him. | 我就问他 |
[40:04] | Asked him if he cared about me. | 问他在乎我吗 |
[40:08] | About my mom. | 在乎我妈妈吗 |
[40:10] | Mostly about her, because she struggles. | 更多是在问关于我妈妈的 因为她真的很痛苦 |
[40:13] | She cries a lot. | 她总是在哭 |
[40:15] | Spends the day in bed smoking cigarettes. | 每天坐在床上抽烟 |
[40:18] | She’s got bad depression. | 她得了很重的抑郁 |
[40:20] | But a lot of the time she has to take her meds. | 但在她该吃药的时候 |
[40:22] | Either she forgets or we can’t afford them. | 她要么忘了吃 要么买不起了 |
[40:27] | I just went there to speak to him. | 我只是打算着过去找他谈谈 |
[40:29] | I didn’t want anything else from him. | 我并不想跟他说其他的 |
[40:30] | I didn’t want him to be my dad or anything. | 不想他真的来当我的父亲或怎么样 |
[40:34] | And did he give you any money? | 那他给了你钱吗 |
[40:37] | Did he say he would give you or your mom some money? | 他答应了再给你或者你母亲钱吗 |
[40:40] | No. | 没有 |
[40:41] | And is that why you hit him with that fireplace poker? | 你就因为这个用拔火棍打他吗 |
[40:54] | He said something, right? | 他还说了别的 对吧 |
[40:57] | We’ve heard he can be a very, | 我们听说了他有的时候 |
[40:59] | very cruel man. | 会说一些很过分的话 |
[41:04] | He said my mom was a lazy freeloader. | 他说我妈妈就是个吃他白饭的 |
[41:09] | He said she was a crazy whore. | 他说她就是个疯淫妇 |
[41:11] | Said I was nothing but her bastard child, | 说我就是她的杂种 |
[41:13] | and if I didn’t leave he would call the police | 如果我不离开他就要报警了 |
[41:15] | and put me away for life. | 让我蹲一辈子牢 |
[41:17] | So you grabbed the fireplace poker? | 以你就拿起了拔火棍 |
[41:19] | No. He did. | 没有 他拿的 |
[41:22] | He swung it at me, but he wasn’t very strong, | 他拿着拔火棍对我挥过来 但他力气不大 |
[41:24] | so I just snatched it away from him. | 所以我就夺过来了 |
[41:26] | And then he started calling my mother and me | 然后他就尽他所能地 |
[41:28] | every name in the book. | 把我和我母亲骂了个遍 |
[41:29] | Cursing, screaming. | 大喊着咒骂 |
[41:33] | So I hit him. | 所以我就打了他 |
[41:36] | Just once. | 只打了一下 |
[41:40] | Then I just ran away. | 然后我就跑开了 |
[41:48] | I have no more questions for this witness. | 我没有其他问题了 |
[42:05] | Nice work, Mr. Palmer. | 干得不错啊 帕默 |
[42:06] | Thank you, thank you, Mr. Colon. | 谢谢 谢谢 科隆 |
[42:08] | Make no mistake, | 说实话 |
[42:09] | your words of wisdom this morning really helped. | 你今天早上说的话真的很有用 |
[42:11] | What words of wisdom? | 什么话 |
[42:13] | Yes, indeed. | 是干的很不错了 |
[42:15] | Witness stand confession in your first murder trial. | 你接的第一个谋杀案嫌疑人就认罪了 |
[42:17] | That’s gonna be tough to top. | 以后估计很难超越了 |
[42:19] | Ha. I’m just getting started. What’s my next case, boss? | 我才开始干呢 我之后接哪个案子 |
[42:22] | Next case? Slow down there, Perry Mason. | 下个案子 你缓缓吧 佩里·梅森 |
[42:24] | I only came into this life with one appendix, | 我生来就只长了那么一个阑尾 |
[42:27] | and it’s gone now. | 现在还没了 |
[42:28] | Back to the bullpen. | 完全可以回来工作了 |
[42:29] | I don’t know. You sound congested. | 你确定吗 你听起来什么地方不太通畅 |
[42:31] | Doesn’t he sound congested to you? | 你不觉得他有点不通畅吗 |