时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Cell phone number’s on the counter, | 桌上有我的号码 |
[00:08] | so is the doctor, so is the dad. | 还有医生和孩子父亲的 |
[00:10] | Do your best. We’ll be home by midnight. | 加油 我们凌晨回来 |
[00:12] | – 1:00 at the latest. – Got it. | – 最晚半夜一点 – 明白了 |
[00:13] | 1:00? | 一点 |
[00:14] | I don’t do 1:00. I do, like, 10:00. | 我不是一点回来的人 我十点 |
[00:18] | You do, like, 9:00. | 你九点就差不多了 |
[00:19] | Well, you’re in New York, | 你现在是在纽约 |
[00:20] | and I only get to see you once a year. | 而且我一年才见你一次 |
[00:22] | So tonight we’re going out like grown-ups, | 所以今晚我们要像成年人那样玩耍 |
[00:24] | which means we’ll get home when we get home. | 就是说 我们想几点回来就几点回来 |
[00:26] | Okay. All right, kiddo. | 好吧 行了 小伙子 |
[00:28] | Lights out at 10:00. | 十点就熄灯睡觉哦 |
[00:30] | Hey, hey. Hug before I go. | 我走之前不来个拥抱吗 |
[00:37] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:38] | See you in the morning, sweet boy. | 早上见 我亲爱的宝贝 |
[00:41] | And then | 然后… |
[00:43] | they asked me if I’d consider becoming vice principal. | 他们问我要不要做副校长 |
[00:47] | Caroline, you never told me. | 卡洛琳 你怎么都不跟我说 |
[00:49] | I know. I never told anyone. | 我知道 我谁也没说 |
[00:51] | And I never got back to them, either. | 我也没给他们回复 |
[00:54] | But you love teaching. You love education. | 你明明很爱教学的 你热爱教育 |
[00:57] | You love all that. | 那一切你都爱 |
[00:58] | Well, yeah. I mean, I do, or… | 嗯 确实 或者说 |
[01:01] | at least I did when I was 20 and I didn’t understand | 在我二十多岁 不谙世事的时候 |
[01:04] | how the world worked. | 我确实爱教学 |
[01:05] | I mean, I know I’ll probably do it for the rest of my life | 我知道我也许会教一辈子书 |
[01:07] | and I get a ton of satisfaction from it, | 而且从中获得了巨大的成就感 |
[01:10] | but it is so hard to make ends meet. | 但是收入实在入不敷出 |
[01:15] | I mean, Henry’s just six years away from college. | 亨瑞还有六年就要上大学了 |
[01:17] | I-I can’t even imagine how I’m gonna pay for that. | 我都不知道我要怎么付得起学费 |
[01:20] | And, I don’t know, someday I’d… | 我也说不准 希望有一天… |
[01:24] | just love to have somebody do my nails for me. | 我能去美甲店做指甲就好了 |
[01:28] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[01:29] | Ugh, Caroline. | 卡洛琳 |
[01:33] | And sometimes, | 有时候 |
[01:34] | in the middle of the night, I-I can’t sleep, | 午夜时分 我睡不着觉 |
[01:37] | so I’ll watch a couple of those house-flipping shows | 我就看那些翻修房子的真人秀 |
[01:39] | and I think, I could do that. | 我觉得 我也能做到 |
[01:42] | I just need a hundred grand and six months to myself. | 只要我有十万元 和六个月的独处时间 |
[01:45] | You know if I had a hundred grand, I’d give it to you. | 你知道 如果我有十万 我会给你的 |
[01:47] | I would make us so crazy rich. | 我会让我们富得流油的 |
[01:50] | Tomorrow we’re getting our nails done. | 明天我们去做美甲 |
[01:52] | Then flip a house? | 再翻修个房子吗 |
[01:55] | Caroline! | 卡洛琳 |
[02:09] | Please! | 求求你 |
[02:10] | My friend! Call 911! | 救救我朋友 打电话报警 |
[02:12] | Hey, come on, get in the damn car! | 快点 到车里来 |
[02:13] | We got to go! Now! | 赶紧走 就现在 |
[02:16] | No! | 不要 |
[02:18] | No, no. God, no! | 不要 天哪 不 |
[02:22] | Somebody help me! | 快来人 |
[02:35] | Anything new? | 有新消息吗 |
[02:37] | No. She’s still in surgery. | 没有 她还在做手术 |
[02:42] | Mauricio still with the sitter? | 马里西奥还在保姆那儿 |
[02:44] | Yeah, so is Caroline’s son. | 对 还有卡洛琳的儿子 |
[02:49] | Have you called his father? | 你给他爸爸打电话了吗 |
[02:50] | There is no father. He’s adopted. | 没爸爸 这孩子是领养的 |
[02:57] | Danny have any luck finding the car? | 丹尼找到那辆车了吗 |
[03:00] | No, but she is all over her contacts at the NYPD. | 没有 但她发动了纽约警局所有的关系 |
[03:03] | Should have gotten the license plate number. | 我应该把那辆车的车牌号记下来的 |
[03:06] | Uh, Taylor, how many black Lamborghini SUVs | 泰勒 既然知道是辆 |
[03:09] | can there be in the city? | 黑色的兰博基尼SUV |
[03:10] | We will find it. | 我们就能找到它 |
[03:12] | Ms. Rentzel? | 伦佐女士 |
[03:17] | You came in with Caroline Collins? | 你是和卡洛琳·柯林斯一起来的吗 |
[03:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:21] | Maybe we should go somewhere more private. | 也许我们该借一步说话 |
[03:23] | Why? | 为什么 |
[03:24] | I’m sorry, but your friend died on the operating table. | 我很遗憾 你的朋友在手术台上过世了 |
[03:30] | When we got into surgery, we discovered | 我们在做手术时发现 |
[03:31] | one of her broken ribs pierced her aorta. | 她一根断掉的肋骨刺破了动脉 |
[03:34] | We did everything we could, | 我们尽力了 |
[03:35] | but the internal bleeding was simply too severe. | 但是内出血实在太严重了 |
[03:38] | – No! – I’m so sorry. | – 不要 – 我很抱歉 |
[03:41] | It’s gonna be okay. It’ll be okay. | 会好起来的 会好起来的 |
[03:46] | It’ll be okay. | 会没事的 |
[03:52] | It’s gonna be… it’s gonna be okay. | 都会过去的 都会没事的 |
[04:00] | Come in! | 请进 |
[04:05] | Taylor… | 泰勒… |
[04:07] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[04:12] | Come on, have a seat. | 来 坐下吧 |
[04:19] | Marissa tells me you’ve been best friends forever. | 玛丽莎跟我说你们是最好的朋友 |
[04:25] | We met in the second grade. | 我们二年级就认识了 |
[04:29] | How is her son doing? Henry? | 她的儿子怎么样了 是亨瑞吧 |
[04:33] | He’s… destroyed. | 他… 他很崩溃 |
[04:39] | I brought him with me. | 我把他带过来了 |
[04:41] | I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能做什么了 |
[04:43] | Chunk’s giving him the grand tour. | 特朗科在带他四处转转 |
[04:44] | Trying to, anyway. | 想让他转转 |
[04:47] | I think he just wants to crawl into a corner and cry. | 我觉得他只想蜷缩在角落里哭泣 |
[04:52] | All right, well, I’ll get right to it. | 好 那我就开门见山了 |
[04:56] | The NYPD found the driver who struck and killed your friend. | 纽约警局找到了把你朋友撞死的人 |
[04:59] | She is an 18-year-old young woman named | 是个十八岁的少女 |
[05:02] | Sonya Waliczek. | 名叫索尼娅·沃里捷克 |
[05:04] | Oh, my God. That’s amazing. | 我的天哪 太好了 |
[05:06] | Who is she? Was she drunk? | 她是谁 她喝醉了吗 |
[05:08] | Was she high? Is she in jail? | 嗑药了吗 她被关进监狱没有 |
[05:10] | Actually, she is the daughter of a foreign diplomat. | 实际上 她是一位外国外交官的女儿 |
[05:14] | Which means, even though she broke the law, | 也就是说 即使她犯了法 |
[05:16] | even though she killed your friend, | 即使她杀死了你的朋友 |
[05:19] | she’s protected by diplomatic immunity. | 她还是会受到外交豁免权的保护 |
[05:23] | She can’t be charged, she can’t be held. | 她不能被起诉 不能被关押 |
[05:26] | She can’t even be tried for what she did. | 她甚至不能因为所作所为上庭受审 |
[05:32] | Just before you came in, | 在你进来之前 |
[05:34] | I was on the phone with your friend’s attorney. | 我刚和你朋友的律师通过电话 |
[05:37] | Are you aware that, in the event of her untimely death, | 你知道 如果你朋友意外去世 |
[05:41] | she had appointed you Henry’s legal guardian? | 她指定你为亨瑞的法定监护人吗 |
[05:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:52] | It was a conversation we had when she first adopted Henry, | 在她刚收养亨瑞时我们说过这事 |
[05:55] | but it’s not something we’ve talked about ever since. | 但是从那以后就没再提过了 |
[05:59] | Well, according to the attorney, that’s the plan. | 根据她律师的说法 原计划就是这样 |
[06:02] | That’s what’s in the will. | 遗嘱里就是这样写的 |
[06:05] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此感觉如何 |
[06:08] | How well do you know this boy? | 你对这男孩了解多少 |
[06:11] | I see him once a year when his mom comes to visit. | 我们一年见一次 在他妈妈过来看我的时候 |
[06:17] | But, honestly, if it’s what Caroline wanted… | 但是 如果这是卡洛琳的意思… |
[06:24] | You know, just because it’s what she wanted for her baby | 关于她的儿子的归属权问题 |
[06:26] | a dozen years ago doesn’t necessarily mean | 即便她十二年前有这样的想法 |
[06:28] | it’s what she would have wanted for him today. | 也不代表她现在还是这么想的 |
[06:33] | He’s a preadolescent. | 他正值青春年少 |
[06:35] | I’m betting his life is pretty full. | 我肯定他的生活丰富多彩 |
[06:37] | Uprooting him from Denver, | 将他从丹佛市弄过来 |
[06:38] | moving him to New York, | 让他搬到纽约去 |
[06:40] | on top of all the other changes in his life | 他的人生本来就发生了这么多 |
[06:43] | he has no control over… | 他控制不了的剧变… |
[06:47] | I don’t know, Taylor. | 我也说不准 泰勒 |
[06:50] | Even Caroline might have thought differently if she was | 即使是卡洛琳 如果面对今天这种情况 |
[06:52] | presented with the choice today. | 也可能改变想法的 |
[06:57] | He’s gone for the day! | 他走了 |
[06:59] | Are you heading out soon? | 你要走了吗 |
[07:01] | Oh, yes. Mere minutes away. | 对 再过几分钟就走 |
[07:05] | Just have to find a way to look Taylor in the eye and say, | 我得想办法 好当面跟泰勒说 |
[07:09] | “We’re gonna prosecute that girl who mowed down your friend, | “我们有办法起诉那个把你朋友撞死的女孩了 |
[07:12] | “So the most interesting thing about her life won’t be | 再提起你朋友时 就不必说: |
[07:14] | “That the person who killed her got away with it. | ‘那个杀死她的人逃脱了法律制裁’ |
[07:17] | We’re gonna make this right.” | 我们会还她一个公道的” |
[07:19] | Honestly. Mere minutes away. | 我说真的 几分钟就够了 |
[07:22] | I’m sorry, I just can’t believe the government not only allows | 不好意思 我就是不相信政府竟然 |
[07:24] | diplomats to run people down, | 不仅允许外交官碾死人 |
[07:26] | it gives their kids immunity, too. | 还把这豁免权给了他们的孩子 |
[07:29] | Well, it’s a necessary evil. | 这显然是必须的 |
[07:31] | Without diplomatic immunity, our diplomats would be at risk | 要是没了外交豁免权 我们的外交官们就危险了 |
[07:34] | of prosecution on trumped-up charges in foreign countries. | 他们就有可能因为莫须有的罪名被告上法庭 |
[07:37] | Especially in places where the U.S. is unpopular. | 尤其是在那些与美国不和的国家 |
[07:41] | Taylor. | 泰勒 |
[07:42] | Sorry to startle you. | 抱歉 吓到你了 |
[07:45] | Taylor, what are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 泰勒 |
[07:46] | You’re supposed to be taking the day off. | 你今天不是休息吗 |
[07:47] | It’s okay. Henry and Mauricio are at the movies with my ex. | 没事 亨瑞和马里西奥和我前夫在看电影 |
[07:50] | The thing is, I found something. | 重点是 我发现了点东西 |
[07:53] | On the night of the accident, | 发生事故那晚 |
[07:55] | Sonya posted tons of pics of herself out partying. | 索尼娅上传了许多她参加派对的照片 |
[07:57] | And there’s the same girl | 几乎每张照片里 |
[07:59] | in almost every photo. | 都有同一个女生 |
[08:01] | Her name is Jade Bennington. | 她叫捷德·贝宁顿 |
[08:04] | See how Sonya’s wearing a black dress? | 索尼娅穿的不是黑裙子吗 |
[08:07] | Okay. | 对 |
[08:08] | So, right after the accident, | 但在事故发生后 |
[08:09] | the driver got out of the car | 司机下车查看时 |
[08:12] | for just a second and I saw her. | 虽然只有几秒 但我看到了 |
[08:14] | She was wearing a red jacket. | 她穿的是一件红色夹克 |
[08:16] | Well, maybe Sonya was cold and borrowed her friend’s jacket? | 也许是索尼娅觉得冷 借了她朋友的外套呢 |
[08:19] | I thought of that, but that’s not the only thing that I found. | 我也想过 但我还发现了别的 |
[08:21] | Now let me show you something. | 我给你看 |
[08:26] | Why is her arm in a sling? | 为什么她手上打着骨折吊带 |
[08:28] | Exactly. And see the abrasions on her face? | 没错 还有她脸上的擦伤 |
[08:31] | Kind of looks like she might have been on the wrong side | 看起来她才是 |
[08:33] | of an airbag, don’t you think? | 坐在驾驶位的人 不是吗 |
[08:35] | Meanwhile, | 还有 |
[08:37] | Sonya doesn’t have so much as a scratch | 在事故发生后 |
[08:39] | in any of the pictures following the accident. | 索尼娅在这些照片里最多只有擦伤 |
[08:41] | So, then what if Sonya wasn’t driving at all? | 如果索尼娅根本不是开车的人呢 |
[08:44] | What if it was her friend, who almost certainly | 万一是她朋友开的车呢 |
[08:46] | doesn’t have diplomatic immunity? | 那个没有外交豁免权的人 |
[08:48] | Exactly. What do you think? | 没错 你怎么看 |
[08:52] | I think maybe you, me and Benny take a trip | 我觉得你和我还有本尼 |
[08:54] | to the D.A.’s office in the morning. | 明早得去一趟地方检察官的办公室了 |
[09:05] | Mr. Rentzel, I reviewed everything you sent over. | 伦佐先生 你发来的文件我都看了 |
[09:09] | And I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[09:10] | I’m not gonna bring charges against Jade Bennington | 你朋友交通事故死亡的这个案子 |
[09:13] | for the death of your friend. | 我不打算对捷德·贝宁顿提起诉讼 |
[09:16] | A.D.A. Fredericks, you’ve got an eyewitness | 福瑞德检察官 |
[09:19] | who puts Ms. Bennington in the driver’s seat. | 你有目击证人证明贝宁顿小姐才是开车的人 |
[09:21] | You’ve got visual evidence of injuries | 你有视觉证据证明 |
[09:23] | that puts her in the driver’s seat. | 开车的是捷德的 |
[09:24] | The ambassador’s daughter confessed. | 大使的女儿已经认罪了 |
[09:28] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[09:32] | Sonya Waliczek? The owner of the Lamborghini? | 索尼娅·沃里捷克 兰博基尼的车主 |
[09:37] | She confessed she was driving the car | 她已经承认是她开车 |
[09:39] | when your friend was struck and killed. | 撞死了你的朋友 |
[09:41] | Well, I’m sure you’ll concede | 我认为你应该知道 |
[09:43] | Ms. Waliczek could be lying to protect her friend. | 沃里捷克小姐有可能是在撒谎来护短 |
[09:46] | She knows we can’t go after her. | 她知道我们不能起诉她 |
[09:47] | That may be, but as I’m sure you know, | 有可能 但我觉得你应该知道 |
[09:50] | it’s nearly impossible to get a jury | 如果一个人已经认罪伏法 |
[09:52] | to find someone guilty when someone else has confessed. | 你想让陪审团相信另一个人才是凶手是几乎是不可能的 |
[09:56] | I just can’t devote resources to a case | 我不能把资源 |
[09:58] | I’m certain I’m gonna lose. | 浪费在这种必输的诉讼上 |
[10:01] | What if we went civil instead of criminal? | 如果我们是民事诉讼而不是刑事呢 |
[10:06] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:08] | Well, what if Taylor brought a wrongful death suit | 如果是泰勒代表亨瑞 |
[10:10] | against Jade Bennington, on behalf of Henry? | 对捷德·贝宁顿提起非正常死亡的诉讼呢 |
[10:14] | Can we do that? | 能这样做吗 |
[10:15] | I don’t see why not. | 我觉得可以 |
[10:17] | No, the real question is, | 真正的问题在于 |
[10:19] | can we win? | 我们能胜诉吗 |
[10:21] | Won’t know till we try. | 不试怎么知道 |
[10:24] | Our biggest challenge is gonna be | 我们最大的难题在于 |
[10:25] | putting Jade behind the wheel. | 让捷德承认是她开的车 |
[10:28] | That’s easy. My testimony puts Jade behind the wheel. | 这简单 我的证词就能证明 |
[10:31] | No, unfortunately, your testimony | 很遗憾 这是不行的 |
[10:33] | just puts a dark-haired girl in a red jacket behind the wheel. | 你只能证明开车的是一个深色头发 穿红色夹克的女生 |
[10:36] | And that could still be Sonya. | 这还是不能排除索尼娅 |
[10:38] | Well, what about the pictures? The facial abrasions? | 那照片呢 脸上的擦伤呢 |
[10:41] | Her arm is clearly in a sling. | 她的手明显还打着绷带呢 |
[10:43] | Well, if I were defending her, I would argue that all of that | 如果我是为她辩护的律师 我就会说 |
[10:45] | is consistent with having been in a car accident. | 这在事故发生前就有了 |
[10:48] | None of it suggests | 这些都不能准确证明 |
[10:49] | in any absolute way that she was driving. | 开车的是索尼娅 |
[10:52] | Danny, you’ve been to the club. I have to believe | 丹尼 你去过这个俱乐部 |
[10:54] | one of the valets saw who got behind the wheel. | 会不会有服务员看到过开车的人呢 |
[10:56] | Well, not that they’ll admit to. | 他们即使看到也不会承认的 |
[10:58] | In fact, none of them even remember | 事实是没一个服务员记得 |
[11:00] | bringing the Lamborghini around. | 有人开了兰博基尼去那 |
[11:01] | Come on. A sweet car like that? | 那可是兰博基尼啊 |
[11:03] | Oh, yeah. I suspect that no one’s gonna remember, | 他们不记得也是有可能的 |
[11:06] | ’cause they know they could be liable | 因为他们清楚 让一个喝醉的人开车 |
[11:08] | for letting a drunk driver get behind the wheel. | 他们也可能要负法律责任 |
[11:10] | Not to mention both girls were under 21, | 更不要说他们让两个 |
[11:14] | and they allowed them inside to drink. | 不满21岁的女生进去喝酒了 |
[11:16] | Well, I’ll keep looking for other possible witnesses. | 我再找找还有没有别的目击证人 |
[11:19] | Perhaps somebody who was partying there | 兴许那晚参加派对的人 |
[11:20] | that night saw something. | 有人看到了什么 |
[11:21] | Let’s not forget, there are traffic cameras | 别忘了 曼哈顿到处都是 |
[11:23] | and security cameras all over Manhattan. | 交通摄像头和安保摄像头 |
[11:26] | Maybe one of them captured an image of Jade driving. | 说不定其中一个拍到了捷德开车的照片 |
[11:30] | I wouldn’t be so sure. | 我不确定 |
[11:31] | I’ve found dozens of images of the Lamborghini, | 我看了许多张兰博基尼的照片 |
[11:34] | and the windows are tinted so dark, | 窗户都很贴得很暗 |
[11:35] | you can’t make out the driver. | 完全看不清司机是谁 |
[11:39] | None of this sounds very promising, does it? | 好像没有什么希望呢 |
[11:41] | Really? I don’t know, I’m kind of encouraged. | 是吗 我倒是挺有信心的 |
[11:44] | Let’s let Benny | 明天早上 |
[11:46] | file some papers tomorrow morning and see | 让本尼填好起诉文件 |
[11:48] | where that leaves us before we gather up our towels | 到时我们再看看 |
[11:50] | and throw them in. | 应该怎样将她绳之以法 |
[11:59] | Mauricio wanted to sleep at his dad’s. | 马里西奥说想去他爸那住 |
[12:01] | He said it was just too sad here. | 他说在这太压抑了 |
[12:20] | You call home? | 你打电话回家了吗 |
[12:21] | Yeah, I wanted to get my homework. | 是啊 我想拿回我的作业 |
[12:26] | And, um… | 还有 |
[12:29] | …people keep asking about the funeral. | 大家都在问葬礼的事 |
[12:32] | Working on it. | 葬礼正在准备中 |
[12:34] | Working on lots of things. | 很多事都在准备中 |
[12:37] | I think we’re actually gonna be able to go to court. | 我觉得我们应该可以去法院了 |
[12:40] | Make the woman who did this take responsibility for it. | 让肇事的女生对此负责 |
[12:43] | And it will be you that’s suing. | 而且你会是原告 |
[12:45] | She’ll have to answer to you. | 她得回答你的问题 |
[12:48] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[12:50] | And there’s some other thing | 还有点事 |
[12:52] | that I’ve been meaning to talk to you about. | 我一直想和你说 |
[12:58] | You know, your mom, | 亨瑞 你知道的 |
[13:01] | she was pretty smart, Henry. | 你妈妈很聪明 |
[13:05] | She really tried to think of everything when it came to you. | 她真的尽心尽力为你考虑周全 |
[13:10] | Even something as tragic as this. | 即使是像这样的悲剧 |
[13:14] | And she decided, if something happened | 她决定 如果她遭遇不测 |
[13:18] | and she couldn’t take care of you, she wanted me to do it. | 她无法继续抚养你 她希望我来照顾你 |
[13:23] | To be your guardian. | 做你的监护人 |
[13:26] | I don’t understand. You’d move to Denver? | 我不明白 你要搬到丹佛去吗 |
[13:32] | Probably not. I mean, I don’t know. | 也许不会 我也不知道 |
[13:36] | I suppose anything is possible. | 我想一切皆有可能 |
[13:39] | You know, when your mom figured all these things out, | 你知道吗 你妈妈想到这些事的时候 |
[13:42] | I didn’t live in New York. | 我并不住在纽约 |
[13:44] | I didn’t have a little boy. | 我还没有孩子 |
[13:47] | You weren’t 12. | 你也不是12岁 |
[13:52] | The answer is, I don’t know… yet. | 实际上 我现在还不知道该怎么做 |
[13:57] | Whatever turns out being best for you, | 对你最有利的 |
[14:00] | that’s the answer. | 就是最好的选择 |
[14:05] | So, who’d you call? | 那你打给谁了 |
[14:06] | My friend Toby. | 我朋友托比 |
[14:09] | And, by the way, he said his parents said | 还有 他告诉我他爸妈说 |
[14:12] | I could live with him. | 我可以和他们一起住 |
[14:14] | I mean, if you didn’t move to Denver. | 如果你不想搬去丹佛住的话 |
[14:17] | Well, that’s good. That’s nice. | 那太好了 |
[14:20] | Options. It’s always good to have options. | 多点选择总是件好事 |
[14:26] | Hug? | 抱抱吗 |
[14:32] | And thus it begins. | 那么开始了 |
[14:34] | Let’s talk jury. | 我们先从陪审团开始 |
[14:37] | Well, we know the defense is gonna make the jury aware | 你我都知道 被告那边一定会向陪审团强调 |
[14:40] | of Sonya’s confession. | 索尼娅已经认罪了 |
[14:41] | Either in their opening statement or through testimony. | 要么是在开庭陈述里 要么是在证词里 |
[14:45] | So we need to try and identify people who will be able | 所以我们得找出能够 |
[14:48] | to see that confession for what it is: | 揭开那个认罪真相的人 |
[14:51] | the ultimate act of privilege. | 真相就是他们在无限利用特权 |
[14:54] | One spoiled kid lending another her “Get out of jail free” Card | 一个被惯坏的孩子把她的”免罪金牌”借给了另一个 |
[14:57] | like it’s a pair of Louboutins. | 就好像是借出一双红底鞋 |
[15:07] | Oh, boy. | 哦天哪 |
[15:16] | Prospective jurors, | 准陪审员们 |
[15:18] | now, this trial is likely to last into next week. | 此次庭审将很可能持续至下周 |
[15:22] | So, please raise your hand | 如果担任陪审员对你们来说 |
[15:24] | if serving as a juror would be a legitimate hardship for you. | 有合理困难的话 请举手示意 |
[15:29] | You, sir, in the front row, | 那位先生 坐在前排的 |
[15:31] | please state the reason for your hardship. | 请陈述您困难的原因 |
[15:33] | I don’t want to jinx anything, | 我不是想诅咒什么 |
[15:34] | but that seemed to me to go pretty well. Am I wrong? | 但在我看来 一切进展得很顺利 对吗 |
[15:36] | Nope. I’m pretty pleased with our jury. | 是的 我很满意陪审团的情况 |
[15:38] | Nice work, gentlemen. | 干得不错 先生们 |
[15:40] | Not that I’d expect any less | 毕竟是纽约最好的 |
[15:41] | from the best jury whisperers in New York. | 陪审团专家 |
[15:44] | He’s being nice. He must want something. | 他在示好 一定是有所图 |
[15:46] | Just to express my admiration. | 只是表达一下我的钦佩 |
[15:49] | Your strategy was very clear and very smart. | 你们的战略非常清晰和巧妙 |
[15:53] | Capitalize on our country’s growing animosity | 就是利用我们国家对富人和特权阶级 |
[15:56] | toward the rich and privileged. | 日益增长的强烈敌意 |
[15:57] | I guess we’ll all find out together if it works. | 我们一起来看看这是否奏效 |
[16:00] | To that end, while my client Ms. Bennington | 出于这个目的 即使我的当事人贝宁顿小姐 |
[16:03] | is completely innocent in this matter, | 在此事中是完全无辜的 |
[16:05] | her parents are convinced that this case | 她的父母依然认为这个案子 |
[16:06] | will turn her into a national scapegoat | 会把她变成全国上下压抑的 |
[16:08] | for all the pent-up rage toward the rich. | 仇富情绪的替罪羊 |
[16:10] | So, they’ve asked me to offer $250,000 to end this | 所以她父母让我问问用二十五万能不能了结此事 |
[16:15] | before subjecting her to a grueling public trial. | 以免她遭受艰辛的公审 |
[16:17] | With no acknowledgment of fault, of course. | 当然 是在承认毫无过错的前提下 |
[16:20] | But she was at fault. | 但她是有过错的 |
[16:23] | If the Benningtons are offering $250,000 to start, | 如果贝宁顿家起价二十五万的话 |
[16:26] | I’m guessing there’s more on the table? | 我想还有更高的价可以商量 |
[16:30] | I’m sure I can find some wiggle room | 我确实可以找到点议价的空间 |
[16:32] | if you hit me with a reasonable counter. | 如果你提的数目合理的话 |
[16:34] | Can you give us till after lunch to confer with our client? | 我们要跟当事人商议一下 午饭后回你可以吗 |
[16:46] | Okay. Now you may speak. | 好了 现在你可以说话了 |
[16:50] | Jade’s parents can’t just pay to make this go away. | 捷德的父母不可能靠花钱就摆平这事 |
[16:54] | Do they really think they can put a dollar figure | 他们真觉得自己可以给卡洛琳的生命 |
[16:56] | on Caroline’s life? | 标个价格吗 |
[16:58] | You do realize that’s exactly what we’re doing | 你明白这就是我们在这个诉讼中 |
[17:00] | with this lawsuit? | 寻求的东西吧 |
[17:02] | This is a civil suit, not criminal. | 这是民事诉讼 不是刑事诉讼 |
[17:05] | At the end of the day, it’s all about the money. | 归根结底 一切都是为了钱 |
[17:07] | No. If that girl isn’t willing to admit fault, | 不 如果那女孩儿不肯承认过错 |
[17:10] | there’s no amount of money that can make this right. | 无论给多少钱都不行 |
[17:13] | It’s a lot of money, Taylor. | 泰勒 钱不少哦 |
[17:15] | It can go towards Henry’s future, his college. | 可以帮到亨瑞的未来 让他上大学 |
[17:19] | Still. | 还是不行 |
[17:21] | I’m gonna say something I know you don’t want to hear, | 可能你不愿意听 |
[17:23] | but I’m gonna say it anyway. | 但我还是要说 |
[17:25] | I’m worried that even if we win this lawsuit, | 我担心即使我们赢了诉讼 |
[17:29] | it’s not gonna give you what you’re looking for. | 还是没法让你得偿所愿 |
[17:31] | You know what I’m looking for? | 你知道我要什么吗 |
[17:34] | I want that girl to have to sit in a courtroom | 我想让那女孩儿不得不坐在法庭上 |
[17:38] | and hear about the woman whose life she took. | 听被她夺走了生命的那个女人的故事 |
[17:42] | I don’t want her to be able to buy her way out of that. | 我不想让她靠花钱就可以避开这个 |
[17:43] | Because no matter what happens, win or lose, | 因为无论怎样 案子是输是赢 |
[17:46] | she’s gonna have to live with what she’s done. | 她都得一辈子记得自己的所作所为 |
[17:49] | And when she thinks about it, I want her to be able | 当她思考这件事的时候 我要她能记住 |
[17:52] | to put a face on the person whose life she stole. | 被她害死的人的脸 |
[17:57] | I want her to know that Caroline mattered. | 我要她知道 卡洛琳很重要 |
[18:01] | That the world was a better place for her being here. | 有她在的世界会更美好 |
[18:07] | And a lesser place now that she’s gone. | 而她现在不在了就没那么好了 |
[18:10] | That’s what I want. | 这就是我想要的 |
[18:17] | Understood. | 完全理解 |
[18:20] | I will let opposing counsel know that we are not interested | 我会让对方律师知道我们目前 |
[18:23] | in a settlement at this time, | 对和解不感兴趣 |
[18:26] | we very much look forward to our day in court. | 我们非常期待开庭的那天 |
[18:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:36] | Good morning, Mr. Silver. Now can you please | 早上好赛尔维先生 |
[18:39] | tell the court what it is you do for a living? | 你可以告诉法庭你是做什么的吗 |
[18:42] | I’m an influencer. | 我是个网红 |
[18:44] | And for those of us who might not be familiar, | 对我们这些可能不很熟悉的人 |
[18:47] | can you explain what an influencer does? | 你可以解释一下网红是做什么的吗 |
[18:49] | Brands hire me to promote their products on social media. | 品牌方会找我在社交媒体上推广他们的产品 |
[18:53] | I mostly do fashion but some restaurants and clubs, too. | 我主要做时尚类的 不过也做餐厅和酒吧的推广 |
[18:56] | I wear the clothes, go to the clubs, and then post about it | 我穿上品牌的衣服去酒吧 然后把照片发布在 |
[18:59] | on the different social media platforms. | 不同的社交平台上 |
[19:01] | And-and how do you know the defendant Jade Bennington? | 那你是怎么认识被告捷德·贝宁顿的呢 |
[19:06] | One of the clubs I post for, The Burrow, | 有一个我做推广的酒吧 洞窟 |
[19:08] | I see her there a lot. | 我经常在那里见到她 |
[19:11] | But Ms. Bennington is only 18 years old, | 但贝宁顿小姐只有十八岁 |
[19:13] | and these clubs serve alcohol. | 而这些酒吧都提供酒品 |
[19:15] | Have any idea how she gets into them? | 你知道她是怎么进去的吗 |
[19:18] | I have no idea at all. | 我完全不知道 |
[19:19] | I guess you’d have to ask her about that. | 我想这你得问她 |
[19:22] | Now, did you happen to see Jade Bennington at The Burrow | 在三月四号的晚上 你在洞窟酒吧 |
[19:27] | on the evening of March 4? | 见到捷德·贝宁顿了吗 |
[19:29] | Yes. We were both in the VIP lounge that night. | 是的 我们那晚都在VIP席上 |
[19:31] | And was Jade with anyone? | 有什么人和捷德一起吗 |
[19:33] | Yes. She was with her friend Sonya Waliczek. | 是的 她和她的朋友索尼娅·沃里捷克一起 |
[19:36] | And do you have any idea how Jade and Sonya got to the club? | 那你是否知道捷德和索尼娅是怎么来酒吧的吗 |
[19:40] | I-I mean, their mode of transportation? | 我的意思是 她们的交通方式 |
[19:42] | I saw them pull up in Sonya’s Lamborghini Urus. | 我看到她们从索尼娅的兰博基尼野牛上下来的 |
[19:45] | Oh, I see. So they drove themselves. | 我明白了 所以她们是自己开车来的 |
[19:48] | And, uh, | 那么 |
[19:49] | did you happen to see | 那天晚上你是否见到 |
[19:50] | if either of the girls consumed alcohol that night? | 她们两个中的任何一个喝酒了吗 |
[19:54] | Yes. I believe both girls were drinking. | 是的 我确定她们两个都喝酒了 |
[19:57] | All right, now, so l-let’s talk about Sonya first. | 好的 现在我们先讲讲索尼娅 |
[20:00] | How would you describe her condition? | 你会如何描述她的状态呢 |
[20:02] | Would, would you say that Sonya was a little tipsy, | 她是有一点微醉呢 |
[20:05] | or would you describe her as inebriated? | 还是你会说她已经醉醺醺的了 |
[20:08] | Um, I believe she was… I couldn’t really say. | 呃 我想她是… 我说不清 |
[20:12] | It’s not like I administered a blood alcohol test or anything. | 我没法做个血液酒精测试之类的 |
[20:15] | Yeah, but I’m sure you witnessed her demeanor. | 是 但你肯定看到了她的行为举止 |
[20:17] | Was she slurring her words? Stumbling around? | 她讲话含糊不清 走路跌跌撞撞吗 |
[20:21] | – Yes. – Yes to…? | – 是的 – 是哪一种 |
[20:23] | Both. She was slurring her words and stumbling around. | 都有 她口齿不清而且走不稳 |
[20:26] | Now, Jade, did she seem inebriated to you, Mr. Silver? | 那么赛尔维先生 对你而言 捷德像是喝了很多吗 |
[20:30] | Was she slurring her words or stumbling around? | 她当时是口齿不清且走路不稳吗 |
[20:34] | Yes. But she wasn’t as drunk as Sonya. | 是 但她不像索尼娅那么醉 |
[20:36] | Aha. Which brings us back to the Lamborghini, | 这就让我们说回到那个兰博基尼 |
[20:39] | Sonya’s Lamborghini. | 索尼娅的兰博基尼 |
[20:41] | You already testified | 你已经证实了 |
[20:42] | that she was slurring her words and stumbling around. | 她口齿不清且走路不稳 |
[20:45] | Do you know if she drove home in that condition? | 那你是否知道她有没有在这种情况下开车回家呢 |
[20:48] | I doubt it. | 我表示怀疑 |
[20:50] | When the girls were leaving, I heard Jade | 当她们离开的时候 我听到捷德提出 |
[20:51] | offer to drive Sonya’s car for her. | 要帮索尼娅开她的车 |
[20:53] | Objection. | 反对 |
[20:55] | Hearsay. | 传闻证据 |
[20:56] | Counsel knows full well that the witness is sharing | 律师非常清楚证人正在做出 |
[20:59] | a statement that indicates the accused | 一份表明被告正在考虑 |
[21:02] | was contemplating breaking the law. | 触犯法律的陈述 |
[21:04] | It’s a statement against | 法官大人 |
[21:05] | penal interest, Your Honor, | 这是对证人不利的陈述 |
[21:07] | which is not subject to the hearsay objection. | 可以豁免传闻证据的异议 |
[21:09] | I’ll allow it. | 允许 |
[21:10] | I have no further questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[21:15] | So, Mr. Silver, did you actually see Ms. Bennington | 赛尔维先生 你是确实看见贝宁顿小姐 |
[21:19] | get behind the wheel of that Lamborghini? | 坐在兰博基尼的驾驶位上吗 |
[21:21] | No, I did not. | 我没看见 |
[21:24] | So you really don’t know who ended up driving | 所以你其实不知道那天晚上最后是谁 |
[21:27] | Sonya Waliczek’s car that night, do you? | 在开索尼娅·沃里捷克的车 是吗 |
[21:29] | No, I do not. | 是 我不知道 |
[21:31] | I have no further questions for this witness, Your Honor. | 我没有问题问证人了 法官大人 |
[21:35] | They still with us? | 陪审团还倾向我们吗 |
[21:36] | Well, we’ve planted a seed of doubt. | 我们已经种下了怀疑的种子 |
[21:38] | Whether it actually takes root and grows or not, | 种子是否能生根发芽 |
[21:42] | that’s gonna be up to you. | 就全指望你了 |
[21:45] | Ready for witness prep? | 证人准备都弄好了吗 |
[21:46] | Just about. | 差不多了 |
[21:48] | What you got there? | 你准备了些什么 |
[21:49] | Opposition research. | 关于我自己的 |
[21:51] | On myself. | 反向研究 |
[21:54] | I don’t want to be blindsided by anything on cross. | 我不想漏掉任何死角 |
[21:59] | You have $61,372 in credit card debt? | 你竟然有61372美元的信用卡债务 |
[22:04] | Girl, what are you doing? | 你都做了些什么 |
[22:05] | Getting takeout from Jean-Georges? | 订高档餐厅的外卖吗 |
[22:07] | I know. I’m in way over my head. | 我知道 我自己也很头疼 |
[22:08] | But I got divorced. | 但是我离婚了 |
[22:10] | I had to find and furnish my own place. | 我得找地方住 还得布置我的家 |
[22:12] | Plus, I’ve been taking care of my sister’s family | 除此之外 自从去年我妹夫丢了工作 |
[22:14] | since her husband lost his job last year and… | 我就一直在照顾她们家 |
[22:16] | Okay. You don’t have to explain yourself to me. | 好吧 你不需要跟我解释 |
[22:18] | But this is definitely something that the other side could use. | 但是对方一定会拿这件事做文章 |
[22:22] | I had a hunch. | 我有这个预感 |
[22:24] | That’s why I put it in the binder for you. | 所以我才把这件事放进去让你看看了 |
[22:27] | You were named as trustee in Caroline’s will, right? | 你是卡洛琳遗嘱的受托人 对吗 |
[22:30] | Not just guardian? | 不仅仅是监护人而已 |
[22:32] | Which means that you control any money | 这意味着不论亨瑞 |
[22:34] | that Henry would win from this lawsuit, | 是否和你一起生活 你都能支配 |
[22:36] | whether he lives with you or not. | 他从这场官司中所赢得的钱 |
[22:39] | I think that’s how it works. | 我认为是这样的 |
[22:41] | I’m just worried the other side will use Taylor’s debt | 我只是很担心对方会利用泰勒的债务 |
[22:43] | to paint her as desperate. | 把她描绘成一个绝望的人 |
[22:45] | Someone who would trump up a false claim | 一个为了解决自己的经济问题 |
[22:47] | to solve her own financial problems. | 不惜编造虚假声明的人 |
[22:49] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[22:50] | We just need to get out in front of it. | 我们得直面这个问题 |
[22:52] | We just need to be the ones who tell the jury about it first. | 我们只需要先对方一步告诉陪审团这件事 |
[22:55] | But surely, | 但是能肯定的是 |
[22:56] | if you receive money for this lawsuit, | 如果你接受了这场官司所赢得的钱 |
[22:59] | it will make your life a lot easier, won’t it? | 你的生活会轻松不少 不是吗 |
[23:02] | I don’t see how. | 我不觉得 |
[23:03] | I certainly don’t think it should. | 当然我觉得不应该这样 |
[23:05] | That money would be for Henry. | 这笔钱应该属于亨瑞 |
[23:08] | To feed him and clothe him and educate him. | 应当用于他的吃穿和教育 |
[23:11] | Health care and college and… | 以及医疗保健和大学费用 |
[23:15] | He’s a 12-year-old boy. | 他是一个十二岁的孩子 |
[23:17] | Without a mom or a dad. | 失去了妈妈 也没有爸爸 |
[23:19] | So, even if all of those things I just listed are provided for, | 所以 即使所有我列出的事情都能得到满足 |
[23:25] | he’s still got an enormous hill to climb. | 他依旧要克服很大的障碍 |
[23:27] | And I know everybody’s mother is irreplaceable. | 而且我明白每个人的母亲都是不可替代的 |
[23:32] | But this boy didn’t get | 但是这个孩子没能和她 |
[23:33] | 25 or 35 or 45 years with her. | 一起度过二十五 三十五或四十五年的时光 |
[23:38] | He got 12. | 他只有十二年 |
[23:41] | And I don’t know what to tell him. | 我不知道该怎么跟他说 |
[23:43] | I don’t know what to say. | 我也不知道该说些什么 |
[23:45] | I cannot come up with the words to make him understand | 我想不出任何话去让他明白 |
[23:48] | that despite all of the evidence that’s been thrown his way | 除了过去几周摆在他面前的事实外 |
[23:52] | these past few weeks, that the world is a good place. | 这个世界依旧是个美好的地方 |
[23:56] | That the world isn’t horrible. | 世界并没有那么可怕 |
[23:59] | Not when his amazing, kind | 即使他了不起的 善良的 |
[24:02] | and beautiful mother is run down in the street. | 美丽的母亲在街上被撞倒 |
[24:05] | And no one even bothers to say they’re sorry. | 甚至没有人愿意说一声对不起 |
[24:11] | Thank you. No further questions at this time, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官大人 没有其他问题了 |
[24:18] | Are they with us yet? | 他们站在我们这边了吗 |
[24:19] | Not a one of them. | 一个人都没有 |
[24:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[24:23] | How can the jury not be moved by that? | 陪审团怎么能不为所动呢 |
[24:25] | Because we still haven’t proven | 因为我们还没有证明 |
[24:26] | that Sonya wasn’t driving the car. | 索尼娅当时并没有开车 |
[24:28] | And at the end of the day, that’s all that matters. | 归根结底 这才是最重要的事 |
[24:31] | That was very moving testimony, Ms. Rentzel. | 真是非常感人的证词 伦佐女士 |
[24:36] | But then, I’m guessing you know | 不过 我猜你对于作证的艺术 |
[24:37] | a little something about the art of testifying, don’t you? | 还是略知一二的 不是吗 |
[24:41] | Would you mind telling the jury who you work for? | 你介意告诉陪审团你在为谁工作吗 |
[24:44] | I don’t like where this is headed. | 我不喜欢事情接下来的走向 |
[24:46] | I work for the Trial Analysis Corporation. | 我在庭审分析公司工作 |
[24:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[24:50] | And the Trial Analysis Corporation | 庭审分析公司是由 |
[24:53] | is run by Dr. Jason Bull, isn’t it? | 杰森·布尔博士运营的是吗 |
[24:56] | Yes. | 没错 |
[24:57] | And he’s sitting right there, isn’t he? | 他正坐在那 不是吗 |
[25:00] | – Yes. – And Dr. Bull | – 是的 – 而且布尔博士 |
[25:02] | is considered one of the best jury consultants | 被认为是美国最好的 |
[25:04] | in the country, isn’t that right? | 陪审团顾问之一 对吗 |
[25:07] | He prefers the term trial scientist. | 他更喜欢庭审科学家这个称号 |
[25:10] | But, yes, he’s very well regarded. | 但是没错 他非常受人尊敬 |
[25:14] | Sorry, trial scientist. | 抱歉 庭审科学家 |
[25:17] | Now, isn’t it true that your job, | 那么 你是否承认你的工作 |
[25:19] | the job of the entire company, | 整所公司的工作 |
[25:22] | is to manipulate juries so that your clients | 就是操纵陪审团 从而让你们的客户 |
[25:25] | win favorable outcomes in matters before the courts? | 在开庭前便可获得更有利的判决结果 |
[25:28] | Well, no. We don’t manipulate anyone. | 不 我们没有操纵任何人 |
[25:31] | We assist in jury selection, research trial strategies. | 我们协助陪审团的挑选 研究审判的策略 |
[25:35] | Our in-house attorney will often represent clients. | 我们内部的律师经常代表客户 |
[25:38] | Basically, we try to add science | 大致来说 我们试着将科学理论 |
[25:40] | and an understanding of human behavior into the trial process | 以及对人类行为的理解运用到审判过程中 |
[25:43] | in ways that help lawyers assist their clients. | 来帮助律师协助他们的当事人 |
[25:46] | Do you deny that the company you work for has a team of people | 你是否否认你所在的公司有一个团队 |
[25:50] | using highly advanced algorithms and invasive personal data | 使用高度先进的算法和侵略性的个人数据 |
[25:55] | about potential jurors to help | 来帮助律师及其当事人 |
[25:57] | attorneys and clients zero in on those | 锁定那些最有可能 |
[26:00] | most likely to vote in their favor? | 为他们投票的陪审团成员 |
[26:02] | No. I don’t deny any of that at all. | 不 我不否认以上任何一点 |
[26:05] | But I do deny that it’s manipulation | 但我的确否认这种行为属于操纵 |
[26:08] | or that it’s in any way deceitful. | 或存在任何欺骗行为 |
[26:10] | Since when is being smarter than the other guy deceitful? | 从什么时候开始 比其他人聪明成了欺骗 |
[26:14] | And isn’t it true that you rehearse witnesses? | 难道你没有预演过证人环节吗 |
[26:17] | Test certain pieces | 或是测试特定的证词 |
[26:19] | of testimony to see which lines are most effective. | 看看哪些是最有效的 |
[26:23] | Which answers elicit which emotions | 哪些答案会引发哪位陪审员的 |
[26:28] | from which jurors? | 哪种情绪 |
[26:34] | The witness will answer the question. | 证人需要作出回答 |
[26:37] | Yes. | 有过 |
[26:39] | It’s a technique employed by many attorneys | 这是一项全世界的许多律师 |
[26:41] | all over the world. | 都会运用的技巧 |
[26:49] | And how long did it take you and your team | 你和你的团队花了多长时间 |
[26:52] | to write and test that answer to your attorney’s question | 来编写和测试关于你的律师对你是否 |
[26:56] | about whether or not any money you illegally wrest | 从我的当事人那里非法敛财 |
[26:59] | – from my client… – Objection! | – 以改善自己的生活 – 反对 |
[27:01] | – …will improve your life? – The attorney is testifying | – 所提出的问题的答案 – 对方律师的行为属于作证 |
[27:03] | and being misleading, | 以及误导 |
[27:04] | not to mention badgering the witness | 更不用说纠缠证人和 |
[27:07] | and citing facts not in evidence. | 引用没有证据的事实 |
[27:09] | That’s not how it works. | 事情不是这样的 |
[27:10] | – Everything I said, those were my words. – Order! | – 我所说的一切仅代表我个人立场 – 肃静 |
[27:11] | – My feelings. – Order! | – 我的个人感受 – 肃静 |
[27:14] | Objection sustained. | 反对有效 |
[27:16] | Jury will disregard counsel’s last question | 陪审团可无视律师的上一个问题 |
[27:18] | and the witness’s answer. | 以及证人的回答 |
[27:20] | Sorry for overstepping, Your Honor. | 法官大人 很抱歉越界了 |
[27:23] | I have no further questions at this time. | 我没有其他问题了 |
[27:30] | Thank you for coming over so late. | 谢谢你这么晚了还过来 |
[27:31] | I’d have come to you, but the boys are both asleep. | 我本来想去找你 但是两个孩子都睡了 |
[27:33] | I totally understand. I’m sure you’re upset. | 我完全理解 我想你一定很难受 |
[27:35] | – That last round of testimony… – I actually don’t care. | – 最后一轮的证词… – 其实我并不在乎 |
[27:38] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[27:39] | I found something that makes it all moot. | 我发现了一些能解决这些的线索 |
[27:42] | So, when the case started, | 当这个案子开始的时候 |
[27:44] | someone who shall not be named | 有不愿意透露姓名的人 |
[27:47] | hacked into Jade Bennington’s cell phone | 黑进了捷德·贝宁顿的手机 |
[27:48] | and started recording all of her conversations. | 录下了她所有的对话 |
[27:50] | Oh, my God. Taylor? | 天哪 泰勒 |
[27:52] | Now, before you lecture me on how I’ve crossed the line, | 现在 在你教训我的行为多么越线之前 |
[27:55] | just listen to what I found. | 先听听我发现了什么 |
[27:57] | Now, I’ve captured hours and hours of recordings | 我现在已经拿到了好几个小时的录音 |
[28:00] | and I haven’t been able to listen to it all, | 我没能全部听完 |
[28:01] | but I set up a keyword alert to help me sift through it all. | 但是我设置了一个关键词来帮我筛选 |
[28:04] | And tonight I finally struck gold. | 今晚我终于发现了有用的内容 |
[28:07] | You’re not going to flake on me in court tomorrow, | 明天你不会在法庭上对我不利的 |
[28:09] | are you? | 是吗 |
[28:10] | That’s Jade Bennington. | 这是捷德·贝宁顿 |
[28:12] | I said I’d be there, and I’ll be there. | 我说过我会去那里 我一定会去的 |
[28:15] | And that’s Sonya Waliczek, the ambassador’s daughter. | 这个是大使的女儿索尼娅·沃里捷克 |
[28:18] | My lawyer said that lady’s attorney is super tough. | 我的律师说那名女士的律师特别厉害 |
[28:20] | That he’s going to try to get us to crack. | 他试图让我们露出破绽 |
[28:23] | You can’t admit that I was driving. | 你可不能承认当时是我在开车 |
[28:25] | Come on. I’m not stupid. | 拜托 我又不笨 |
[28:27] | But he might try to trick you. | 但是他可能会给你下套 |
[28:28] | Jade, listen to me. | 捷德 听我说 |
[28:31] | I’ve got you. | 我保你 |
[28:33] | There it is. This proves it. Jade was driving. | 这就是证据 证明开车的人是捷德 |
[28:36] | Uh, yeah, it does. | 是可以证明 |
[28:38] | But you know we can’t use it. | 但你知道这没用 |
[28:40] | The judge will never allow it into evidence. | 法官不接受这样的证据 |
[28:42] | It’s an illegal recording. | 这是非法窃听 |
[28:43] | I know that. But I was thinking maybe I’d post it | 我明白 但我想能把它上传到捷德的 |
[28:45] | on Jade’s “Rich kids of Whatever” account. | 富二代社交帐号上 |
[28:48] | At least that way, the world will know the truth. | 至少能让真相公之于众 |
[28:50] | Even if the jury doesn’t. | 尽管没能让陪审团知道 |
[28:51] | No, you can’t. You cannot, under any circumstances, | 你不能 在任何情况下 |
[28:54] | post this recording online or anywhere else. | 都不能在网上或其它地方泄露这份录音 |
[28:57] | You were eavesdropping on a diplomat’s family. | 你对一位外交官的家人实施了窃听 |
[29:00] | Do you understand how big of a deal that is? | 你明白其中的严重性吗 |
[29:02] | They will send you to prison if they find out you posted it. | 你把录音在网上公开 铁定坐牢 |
[29:05] | And they will find out. | 他们肯定会查出是你 |
[29:06] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道 |
[29:07] | No. I do know that. | 我确信无疑 |
[29:10] | Taylor, these are powerful people. | 泰勒 他们是有权势的人 |
[29:15] | And do you really think that | 难道你真认为 |
[29:17] | this is what Caroline wants you to do? | 卡洛琳希望你这样做吗 |
[29:19] | Who is gonna look out for Henry? | 谁来照顾亨瑞 |
[29:23] | Who is gonna look out for Mauricio? | 谁来照顾马里西奥 |
[29:26] | Now give it to me. | 交给我 |
[29:28] | – Give what to you? – The laptop. | – 你要什么 – 笔记本电脑 |
[29:30] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:32] | So you don’t do anything stupid. | 确保你不做傻事 |
[29:34] | You’ll get this back when the trial is over. | 结案后还给你 |
[29:36] | Until then, you can borrow one of the company’s. | 至于现在 你到我们公司借用一台 |
[29:39] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[29:40] | I know. I hate you, too. | 我知道 我也恨你 |
[29:45] | Good luck in court tomorrow. | 祝你明天出庭有好运 |
[29:47] | I’m gonna need it. | 我正需要好运 |
[29:59] | Please state your name for the record. | 请说出你的名字 以便记录 |
[30:01] | Sonya Waliczek. | 索尼娅·沃里捷克 |
[30:03] | Ms. Waliczek, | 沃里捷克女士 |
[30:05] | on the night of March 4, were you involved in a car accident? | 你是否与三月四日晚发生的车祸有关 |
[30:11] | I was. | 是的 |
[30:13] | Can you please tell the court what happened? | 你能当庭陈述具体情况吗 |
[30:16] | I was out with a friend. | 我当天和朋友一起外出 |
[30:18] | And when I was driving us home at the end of the night, | 晚上我开车带她回家时 |
[30:21] | I thought I could make a light. | 我不想被红灯拦住 |
[30:23] | So I sped up. | 所以加快了速度 |
[30:25] | But right when I went through the light, this woman… | 我刚闯过交通信号灯 那位女士… |
[30:31] | Do you need a moment? | 你需要平静一下情绪吗 |
[30:34] | This woman was crossing the street. | 那位女士正在横穿马路 |
[30:37] | So I slammed on the brakes, but… | 我踩了急刹车 但… |
[30:40] | she just… | 她已经… |
[30:43] | I hit her. | 我撞倒了她 |
[30:48] | And after you struck Ms. Collins, | 你撞倒柯林斯女士后 |
[30:52] | then what happened? | 又是什么情况 |
[30:56] | I drove away. | 我开车离开了 |
[31:00] | And your friend, the defendant, Jade Bennington, | 你的朋友 被告人 捷德·贝宁顿 |
[31:04] | was she in the car with you that night? | 她当时是否和你同在车内 |
[31:07] | Yes, she was. | 是的 她在 |
[31:08] | But just to be clear, who was driving? | 为了明确事实 当时是谁在开车 |
[31:12] | I was. | 是我 |
[31:16] | I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我问完了 法官大人 |
[31:22] | Good morning, Ms. Waliczek. | 早上好 沃里捷克女士 |
[31:24] | Here’s a question for you. | 我想问你 |
[31:25] | Do you understand that if Jade Bennington had been | 你是否知道 如果是捷德·贝宁顿 |
[31:28] | driving the car that struck and killed Ms. Collins, | 开车撞死了柯林斯女士 |
[31:30] | she could be prosecuted criminally? | 她将受到刑事审判 |
[31:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:34] | But you already confessed to driving the car | 而你已经承认驾车肇事 |
[31:36] | that struck and killed Ms. Collins. | 导致柯林斯女士死亡 |
[31:38] | So why aren’t you being prosecuted? | 你为什么没被起诉呢 |
[31:40] | My father is an ambassador. | 我父亲是外交大使 |
[31:42] | I have diplomatic immunity. | 我享有外交豁免权 |
[31:45] | And isn’t it true that | 而且外交豁免权 |
[31:47] | diplomatic immunity also protects you | 使你同时免受民事起诉 |
[31:50] | from being sued in civil court? | 是这样吗 |
[31:51] | That’s my understanding. | 据我所知 是这样 |
[31:53] | So, in truth, | 从实际来说 |
[31:54] | you risk nothing by confessing to this crime. | 认罪对你毫无影响 |
[31:58] | Do you, Ms. Waliczek? | 对吗 沃里捷克女士 |
[31:59] | Objection. Asked and answered. | 反对 证人已回答过 |
[32:01] | I think Mr. Colón has made his point, Your Honor. | 我想科隆律师已阐明了观点 法官大人 |
[32:03] | I disagree. Overruled. | 我不这样认为 反对无效 |
[32:06] | The witness will answer the question. | 证人必须回答 |
[32:11] | I’m sorry. What was the question? | 抱歉 我要回答什么问题 |
[32:14] | Well, I was asking if you risk anything by confessing | 我刚问的是 你承认驾驶你的兰博基尼野牛 |
[32:17] | to striking Ms. Collins with your Lamborghini Urus, | 撞死了柯林斯女士 并逃逸 |
[32:22] | killing her, and then leaving the scene of the crime. | 你会承受任何法律后果吗 |
[32:26] | No. | 不会 |
[32:27] | I mean, because isn’t that the reason why | 难道不就是因为这样 |
[32:28] | you’re confessing to a crime you didn’t commit? | 你才承认不属于你的罪行吗 |
[32:31] | Because Jade Bennington is your best friend, | 因为捷德·贝宁顿是你最好的朋友 |
[32:34] | and she could be sent to prison | 她会因为撞死柯林斯女士 |
[32:35] | for killing Ms. Collins, but you can’t? | 被判入狱 你则不会 |
[32:39] | Do you honestly think I’d admit | 你认为 即使我没杀人 |
[32:41] | to killing someone if I didn’t do it? | 也会认罪吗 |
[32:43] | That I’d go through my entire life letting the world think | 我没撞死人 也会甘愿一辈子 |
[32:46] | I was a murderer when I wasn’t? | 背着杀人犯的罪名吗 |
[32:49] | Do you know what this has done to my family? | 你知道我的家人承受了什么吗 |
[32:52] | My father, a man who’s spent his entire life | 我父亲 竭尽毕生精力 |
[32:55] | earning the confidence and trust of his government, | 赢得国家的信任 |
[32:58] | spent the last ten years earning | 他十年来孜孜以求 |
[33:00] | the confidence and trust of your government, | 赢得了你们政府的信任 |
[33:03] | knowing that people think his daughter is just some spoiled, | 能毫不在意 世人认为她女儿是个被宠坏的 |
[33:07] | irresponsible party girl | 毫无责任感的只知道玩的女孩 |
[33:09] | that killed someone and is gonna get away with it? | 而且杀了人还能逍遥法外吗 |
[33:16] | Talk about a well-written, well-rehearsed | 好一份精心编写 |
[33:18] | piece of testimony. | 精心排练的证词 |
[33:20] | Look at ’em. | 看看陪审员 |
[33:21] | They’re completely buying what she’s selling. | 他们完全听信了她的说辞 |
[33:27] | Sure. But what’s in it for me? | 没问题 但对我有什么好处 |
[33:29] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[33:32] | So you’re saying the woman’s voice is Jade’s? | 你是说 这个说话的女人是捷德 |
[33:34] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[33:35] | Turns out Taylor’s been secretly recording | 原来泰勒一直在私自窃听 |
[33:37] | all of Jade’s cell phone conversations. | 捷德的手机通话 |
[33:38] | Excuse me? You know that’s against the law. | 你说什么 你知道这是违法的 |
[33:41] | I went through all that with her, | 我跟她彻底谈过 |
[33:43] | even made her give me her laptop. | 还让她交出了笔记本电脑 |
[33:46] | But then I found myself going through everything | 但我不禁研究了她搞到的信息 |
[33:48] | to see if there might be some bread crumbs | 想发现点蛛丝马迹 |
[33:51] | that would lead us to something we can use legally. | 让我们能找到合法证据 |
[33:54] | And…? | 然后呢 |
[33:55] | And I think I found something Taylor missed. | 我发现了一点被泰勒忽略的东西 |
[33:57] | I don’t know who she’s talking to, | 我不知道她在和谁交谈 |
[33:59] | but it seems important. | 但谈话似乎很重要 |
[34:01] | Well, it’s a pretty big ask. | 这可不是件小事 |
[34:03] | I thought I might get a pretty big thank you in return? | 我会得到一个大大的感谢吗 |
[34:05] | I can show you what I had in mind | 你今晚能过来的话 |
[34:06] | if you can come over tonight. | 我就告诉你我的主意 |
[34:08] | You’re disgusting, Geoffrey. | 你真恶心 乔褔里 |
[34:10] | I’m in serious trouble and I need to know | 我现在有大麻烦 我想知道 |
[34:11] | if you’re going to help me or not. | 你到底帮不帮我 |
[34:13] | Of course I’m gonna help you. | 我当然会帮你 |
[34:14] | I-I was just kidding. If anyone asks, | 我只是开个玩笑 |
[34:16] | I’ll swear I never even saw you that night. | 不管谁问 我都发誓那晚没见过你 |
[34:20] | So his first name is Geoffrey. | 他的名字是乔褔里 |
[34:22] | All right, well, since she dialed him, | 既然她拔了他的电话号码 |
[34:24] | I’ll be able to hear the tones | 我能设法听到键盘音 |
[34:25] | and figure out the number she was calling. | 推测出她拔打的号码 |
[34:28] | I should have his last name in about 20 minutes. | 不出二十分钟 就能查出他姓什么 |
[34:31] | Would you like me to pay him a visit? | 你愿意我去造访这家伙吗 |
[34:32] | That would be great. I mean, it sounds from the conversation | 那就太好了 从他们的谈话能听出 |
[34:34] | that he knows something, don’t you think? | 他知道内情 你不觉得吗 |
[34:37] | Only one way to find out. | 那就一探究竟 |
[34:45] | Hello. | 您好 |
[34:46] | Hi. Good afternoon. I was hoping I might be able | 下午好 我来的目的是 |
[34:48] | to speak with Geoffrey Conover. | 和乔褔里·康诺弗谈些事 |
[34:49] | May I say who’s here to see Mr. Conover? | 我该说是谁要见他呢 |
[34:51] | I’ve got this, Paula. | 交给我吧 波拉 |
[34:54] | And exactly why do you want to speak with my son? | 你为什么要找我儿子呢 |
[34:56] | My name’s Danny James. | 我是丹尼·詹姆斯 |
[34:58] | I’m an investigator working for a firm | 我是一名调查员 我们公司 |
[34:59] | that’s handling a lawsuit against Jade Bennington. | 负责起诉捷德·贝宁顿 |
[35:02] | I’ve been speaking with all of Jade’s friends, | 我一直在和捷德的朋友们交谈 |
[35:04] | and I was hoping to ask Geoffrey a few questions | 我希望能问乔褔里几个问题 |
[35:07] | about a car accident that Jade was involved in. | 关于与捷德有关的那晚的车祸 |
[35:10] | No, I’m sorry. My son’s not talking to you. | 不 抱歉 我儿子不会和你谈的 |
[35:13] | I can get a subpoena if you prefer, Mr. Conover. | 如果你想这样的话我可以传唤 康诺弗先生 |
[35:16] | I’d like you to remove yourself from my property. | 请你马上离开我家 |
[35:24] | Your Honor, we have reason to believe that Geoffrey Conover | 法官大人 我们有理由相信乔褔里·康诺弗 |
[35:26] | has highly relevant and dispositive information | 有关于此案极其相关 |
[35:29] | about this case. | 且极其关键的信息 |
[35:30] | Regardless of what counsel believes, | 不管律师如何看 |
[35:32] | I have a letter from Geoffrey’s psychiatrist, | 我有乔褔里心理医生的一封信 |
[35:35] | and she is quite emphatic about the fact that Geoffrey | 她很确定乔褔里 |
[35:37] | suffers from extreme anxiety, and that testifying in court | 有严重恐慌症 在法庭作证 |
[35:40] | would be an undue emotional hardship for him. | 会对他产生严重的心理压力 |
[35:44] | Well, paying a very expensive lawyer clearly shows | 请这么贵的律师明显代表 |
[35:48] | that the Conover family is interested in making sure | 康诺弗家庭在尽全力确保 |
[35:50] | that their son does not testify under oath, | 他们的儿子不会在法庭上宣誓作证 |
[35:52] | – and on that basis alone, I… – Dr. Bull, | – 仅仅这一个原因 我… – 布尔博士 |
[35:54] | Mr. Colon… | 科隆先生… |
[35:57] | …on what factual basis have you come to believe | … 有什么实际理由让你们认为 |
[35:59] | that Mr. Conover has information that’s relevant to this case? | 康诺弗先生有和此案相关的信息吗 |
[36:04] | Well, based on publicly available social media posts, | 根据公开的社交媒体帖子 |
[36:06] | it’s clear Ms. Bennington and Mr. Conover have been | 很明显贝宁顿小姐和康诺弗先生 |
[36:09] | in regular contact since the accident. | 自从意外后一直在保持联系 |
[36:11] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[36:14] | Clearly, Your Honor, this is a fishing expedition. | 很明显 法官大人 这是一次试探性调查 |
[36:17] | I’m inclined to agree. | 我倾向于同意 |
[36:19] | The fact that two people have social media postings | 只是两个人有社交媒体发帖 |
[36:22] | that imply a friendship | 暗示两人的友谊 |
[36:24] | seems like an awfully thin premise on which to call | 不足以在法律上构成 |
[36:27] | an emotionally fragile boy to the stand. | 传唤一个心理脆弱的孩子的证据 |
[36:30] | I’m granting the motion to quash your subpoena. | 我决定取消你们传唤的动议 |
[36:34] | Dr. Bull, Benny… | 布尔博士 本尼… |
[36:37] | …thanks for trying for Caroline and Henry. | …谢谢你们为了卡洛琳和亨瑞做的努力 |
[36:43] | Hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[36:45] | It’s not over until it’s over, right? | 彻底结束之前都不算结束 好吗 |
[36:49] | Well, unfortunately, unless we can come up | 很不幸的是 除非我们找到 |
[36:50] | with some concrete new evidence that puts Jade | 什么新证据证明捷德 |
[36:52] | in the driver’s seat, I fear Taylor’s probably right. | 是司机 不然恐怕泰勒是对的 |
[37:01] | You know, the Conovers’ place? | 你知道康诺弗家吗 |
[37:03] | It’s covered in security cameras. | 全都是监控 |
[37:04] | We could subpoena the footage. | 我们可以传唤那些监控录像带 |
[37:06] | And what do you expect to see? | 你预想会看到什么 |
[37:08] | The accident happened on Sixth Avenue, | 意外发生在第六大道 |
[37:10] | and the club they came from is downtown. | 他们是从市中心的夜店过来的 |
[37:12] | Well, once I realized | 自从我发现 |
[37:14] | that Jade was speaking to this Conover kid, | 捷德和康诺弗的孩子有联系 |
[37:16] | I did a little sleuthing on social media. | 我就在社交媒体上侦查了一番 |
[37:19] | You what? | 你什么 |
[37:20] | And I discovered | 我发现 |
[37:22] | he never left the house that night. | 他那晚从没离开房子 |
[37:25] | Geoffrey Conover was on Twitch, | 乔褔里·康诺弗在游戏直播平台上 |
[37:26] | live streaming his video game play the whole time. | 一直在直播他的游戏 |
[37:30] | So he could not have been out with Sonya or Jade. | 所以他没与索尼娅和捷德出去 |
[37:33] | Well, so what is it that Jade is afraid he’ll give up? | 那么 捷德是害怕自己会说出什么呢 |
[37:36] | Well, whatever it is, it had to have happened at that house. | 不管是什么 肯定是在房子里发生的 |
[37:39] | And I’m willing to bet no security camera | 我估计他们肯定会说监控 |
[37:42] | is gonna be too emotionally fragile to share it with us. | 过于心理脆弱不能给我们看 |
[37:45] | So what’s your theory here? | 那你的理论是什么 |
[37:47] | Are you saying that after the accident, maybe the girls | 你是说意外之后 女孩儿们 |
[37:50] | went over to his house and told him what really happened? | 去了他的房子告诉了他事情经过吗 |
[37:52] | None of it matters. The court’s never | 这不重要了 法庭绝不会 |
[37:53] | gonna grant a subpoena on private video footage | 在没有实际证明它确实有用的前提下 |
[37:55] | without proof that it will yield fruit. | 同意传唤私人监控录像的 |
[37:58] | And the only proof we have | 我们唯一的证据就是 |
[38:00] | are Taylor’s recordings, which we cannot use. | 泰勒的录音 但我们不能用 |
[38:04] | You know, as wealthy as the Conovers are, I bet | 你知道吗 虽然康诺弗家很富有 我估计 |
[38:06] | security cameras aren’t the only things with eyes in that house. | 监控不是他们房子里唯一的另一只眼 |
[38:10] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:12] | Well, they had to have help, right? | 他们肯定有帮手吧 |
[38:15] | They’re rich people. They got to have, like, a houseman | 他们很富 绝对得有管家 |
[38:17] | or a housekeeper or, uh, maybe some nannies. | 或者仆人 或许保姆之类的吧 |
[38:21] | There was a housekeeper. She answered the door | 有一个仆人 我去和乔褔里谈话的时候 |
[38:23] | when I went over to speak with Geoffrey. | 是她开的门 |
[38:26] | Ms. Moyer, thank you for agreeing to testify today. | 莫耶小姐 谢谢你今天来作证 |
[38:30] | Some men came to the door. | 有人来到家里 |
[38:32] | They gave me a piece of paper and said I had no choice. | 给了我一张纸说我没有选择 |
[38:34] | Yes. We subpoenaed you. | 是的 是我们传唤的你 |
[38:36] | Nonetheless, we’re grateful that you’re here. | 不管怎样 我们很感激你来了 |
[38:38] | Now, would you mind telling the court where it is you work? | 你愿意告诉法庭你在哪里工作吗 |
[38:42] | I work for the Conover family. | 我为康诺弗家工作 |
[38:43] | I’m their live-in housekeeper. | 我是他们的居家仆人 |
[38:45] | And as their live-in housekeeper, is it part | 作为他们的居家仆人 |
[38:47] | of your duties to answer the door for guests? | 你的责任里包不包含为客人开门 |
[38:50] | – Yes. – And what happens at night? | – 包含 – 晚上怎么办呢 |
[38:52] | If a guest arrives after hours? | 如果深夜时有客人来了怎么办 |
[38:54] | Maybe when you’re already in bed? | 或许你已经睡了的时候 |
[38:56] | If someone rings the doorbell or buzzes the gate | 如果有人按门铃或者 |
[38:59] | for the garage at night, there’s an alarm in my quarters. | 晚上敲车库的门的话 我那里有警报 |
[39:03] | And why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[39:04] | The Conovers’ son Mr. Geoffrey | 康诺弗家的儿子乔褔里先生 |
[39:06] | often forgets his keys when he goes out. | 出去的时候经常忘记带钥匙 |
[39:08] | His parents don’t like to be bothered | 他的父母不喜欢 |
[39:10] | after they’ve gone to bed. | 晚上睡后被打扰 |
[39:11] | Now on the night of March 4, the day that Caroline Collins | 那么三月四号晚上 卡洛琳·柯林斯 |
[39:15] | was struck dead, you were awakened by someone | 被撞死的那天 你被人 |
[39:17] | buzzing the gate for the garage? | 敲车库门的声音吵醒了是吗 |
[39:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:21] | It was some friends of Mr. Geoffrey’s. | 是乔褔里先生的朋友 |
[39:24] | They were very upset, so I buzzed them in | 她们很沮丧 我就让她们进来了 |
[39:27] | and went down to the garage to greet them. | 然后我去车库跟她们打招呼 |
[39:29] | Now, Ms. Moyer, what kind of car did you buzz into the garage? | 莫耶小姐 你是让一辆什么车进来的 |
[39:35] | It was a black Lamborghini. | 是一辆黑色的兰博基尼 |
[39:39] | And did you see who came out of the driver’s side of the car? | 你看到了是谁从司机那里出来的吗 |
[39:42] | Yes. It was her. | 看到了 是她 |
[40:11] | $10 million. | 一千万美元 |
[40:14] | I’m not sure I can even count that high. | 我数都数不了这么多 |
[40:16] | Now that you know his future is financially assured, | 你现在确保他的未来有经济支持了 |
[40:20] | where are you when it comes to Henry? | 你和亨瑞怎么办呢 |
[40:23] | Deep down, I think he wants to stay here | 内心深处 我觉得他想待在这里 |
[40:25] | for the same reasons I want him to stay here. | 和我想让他待在这里是相同的原因 |
[40:27] | Because we both feel we owe it to his mom. | 因为我们都觉得我们欠他的母亲 |
[40:31] | I’m just not sure that’s the best reason. | 我只是不确定这个理由够好 |
[40:34] | So what are you gonna do? | 那你准备怎么办 |
[40:35] | He has a best friend named Toby. | 他有个最好的朋友叫托比 |
[40:38] | I’ve been speaking with his parents. | 我一直在跟他的父母谈 |
[40:39] | They’re really excited about the idea | 他们很想让 |
[40:41] | of Henry coming to live with them. | 亨瑞去和他们一起住 |
[40:43] | He’d be in his same school, near all of his friends. | 他们一个学校 朋友也都在一起 |
[40:47] | Have you looked into these people? | 你调查这些人了吗 |
[40:50] | I’ve run more background checks on them than I did | 我对他们的背景调查 |
[40:53] | on any terrorist while I was at Homeland. | 比我在国安局调查恐怖分子都多 |
[40:57] | But at the end of the day, I think | 但是最终 我觉得 |
[40:59] | I have to leave it up to him. | 我得把选择权交给他 |
[41:02] | He hasn’t chosen any of the things | 发生在他身上的一切 |
[41:04] | that have happened to him. | 他都无力决定 |
[41:06] | I think he has the right to choose where to go next. | 我觉得他有权决定自己接下来怎么办 |
[41:15] | There you are. | 找到你了 |
[41:19] | I could’ve sworn I looked under there. | 我发誓我看过那下面 |
[41:22] | Socks are tricky. Socks are devious. | 袜子不好找的 它们很狡猾 |
[41:25] | You’ll start doing your own laundry, and you’ll see. | 你以后自己洗衣服了就知道了 |
[41:29] | What happens when I go back to Denver | 我回到丹佛之后会怎么样 |
[41:32] | and I can’t find something? | 我要是找不到东西了怎么办 |
[41:36] | That won’t happen. | 不会的 |
[41:38] | You’ve got Toby, you’ve got his parents. | 你有托比 你有他的父母 |
[41:42] | And if you lose something really important, you’ll call me. | 如果你失去了什么非常重要的东西 你给我打电话 |
[41:46] | I’ll fly out there, I’ll help you look. | 我飞过去 帮你找 |
[41:53] | You’re still going to the funeral, right? | 你还是会去葬礼吧 |
[41:57] | Weekend after next, Mauricio and I. | 下下周末 马里西奥和我一起去 |
[42:02] | I really miss your mother. | 我真的很想你的妈妈 |
[42:05] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[42:09] | Toby’s here. | 托比来了 |
[42:11] | Hey, Henry. | 嘿 亨瑞 |
[42:14] | Henry… it’s so good to see you. | 亨瑞… 真高兴见到你 |
[42:19] | Welcome to New York, Henry’s best friend and his parents. | 欢迎来纽约 亨瑞最好的朋友还有他的父母 |