时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on “The Catch”… | 《致命诱惑》前情回顾 |
[00:02] | We are private investigators. | 我们是私家侦探 |
[00:03] | Clients only come to us | 客户只有在警察和联调局 |
[00:04] | when the cops and the feds can’t help them. | 解决不了问题的时候才来找我们 |
[00:06] | So, if I were the right guy, you would marry me. | 那假如我是真命天子 你就会嫁给我 |
[00:08] | Would you? Marry me. | 你会娶我吗 |
[00:10] | Did you just ask me to marry you? | 你这是向我求婚吗 |
[00:12] | Wow. You’re right. That is amazing. | 你说得对 真的很美 |
[00:13] | I’ve been wondering what to get you for a wedding present. | 我一直在想要买什么给你当结婚礼物 |
[00:15] | It’s a museum piece. | 这是博物馆馆藏 |
[00:16] | When you take on a con, you become that guy. | 每次你设局 就能成为要扮演的那个人 |
[00:18] | All he wants to do is marry the redheaded lady detective | 脑子里一心想着要迎娶那位红发女侦探 |
[00:22] | and settle down. | 然后和她过一辈子 |
[00:22] | You need to break it off with her. | 你得和她分手 |
[00:24] | I want you back. | 我想要你回到我身边 |
[00:25] | You have 24 hours. | 你有24小时 |
[00:26] | I want to run away. And we’ll get married. | 我想跟你私奔 然后登记结婚 |
[00:28] | I can’t just go. | 我不能就这么走了 |
[00:29] | You’ve reached Christopher Hall. | 我是克里斯托弗·霍尔 |
[00:30] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[00:32] | Christopher is gone. | 克里斯托弗走了 |
[00:33] | I gave him all of my money, $1.4 million. | 我把全部家产给了他 1百4十万 |
[00:35] | We know nothing about Christopher Hall | 我们根本不了解克里斯托弗·霍尔 |
[00:37] | because Christopher Hall doesn’t exist. | 因为他不存在 |
[00:38] | Jules Dao. | 朱尔斯·达奥 |
[00:39] | From the FBI? | 联调局的吗 |
[00:41] | Interpol originally, now the FBI. | 以前是国际刑警 现在在联调局 |
[00:43] | I’ve come to ask for your assistance. | 我来是想请你们帮忙 |
[00:45] | We have no clear photos, nor do we have a name, | 我们既没有清晰的照片也没有名字 |
[00:47] | but I’ve tracked him across Europe for two years. | 但我追踪他两年 横跨整个欧洲 |
[00:49] | You almost got us caught. | 你差点害我们被抓 |
[00:51] | You were looking at her, and you need to stop. | 你是在看她 你不能再这样下去了 |
[00:53] | If Margot finds out… | 如果玛格特发现了… |
[00:55] | She’ll kill both of you. | 她会把你们俩都杀了 |
[00:56] | I don’t understand. What’s happening? | 我不明白 怎么回事 |
[00:57] | We just got conned. | 我们被骗了 |
[00:59] | And our benefactor is expecting payment. | 我们的投资商还指望我们赶紧给钱呢 |
[01:01] | Fix it. | 解决这件事 |
[01:04] | All right, Christopher. | 好吧 克里斯托弗 |
[01:06] | You want to play? | 你想玩 |
[01:08] | Let’s play. | 那就陪你玩 |
[01:17] | I’m not usually – the one being interrogated. | 被刨根问底的人一般不会是我 |
[01:20] | Just a few routine questions — | 只是几个常规问题 |
[01:21] | standard first-date procedure. | 标准的初次约会程序 |
[01:22] | No, on first dates, I usually ask all the questions, | 不 初次约会 一般是我问问题 |
[01:25] | and he sits there talking about himself all night. | 而对方就说一晚自己的事 |
[01:27] | It’s weird, isn’t it? | 很奇怪 不是吗 |
[01:27] | People don’t ask questions anymore. | 人不再问问题了 |
[01:29] | They’re so busy being them that they don’t make time | 他们都忙着做自己 不愿花一点时间 |
[01:32] | – to know about you. – Yeah. | -来了解你 -是啊 |
[01:33] | And if they do seem interested, | 如果他们看起来很感兴趣 |
[01:34] | it’s usually because they want something. | 基本是因为他们想要什么 |
[01:39] | I’m interested. | 我有兴趣 |
[01:50] | How’s work? | 你工作怎么样 |
[01:51] | Is it all day, every day, or do you have time for a life? | 是那种很忙的 还是有点自己生活的时间 |
[01:54] | No, it’s 24/7. | 一周7天 每天24小时 |
[01:56] | But you make time for what’s important. | 但你会为重要的事情空出时间 |
[02:06] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[02:09] | What does a venture capitalist actually do all day? | 风险资本家每天到底在做什么啊 |
[02:13] | I take people’s money for a living. | 我拿别人的钱过活 |
[02:29] | – So, you’re a lawyer, right? – Yeah. | -你是律师 对吗 -对 |
[02:31] | Well, now you’re my lawyer, | 那你是我的律师了 |
[02:32] | and I’m invoking attorney-client privilege, | 我要使用律师-当事人保密协议 |
[02:33] | which means you’re not allowed to tell anyone about this. | 就是你不许告诉任何人这事 |
[02:36] | Okay? About what? | 好 什么事 |
[02:44] | Is that… | 那是… |
[02:51] | What — how did — | 什么 它怎么… |
[02:54] | I think Christopher put it there. | 我觉得是克里斯托弗挂在那儿的 |
[02:56] | He joked about getting it for me as a wedding gift, | 他开玩笑说要把它弄来做结婚礼物 |
[02:58] | and then when I got home last night, it was here. | 然后昨晚我回到家 它就在这儿了 |
[03:02] | What do you think it means? | 你觉得这是什么意思 |
[03:05] | It means… | 意思是… |
[03:08] | that he’s messing with me. | 他在耍我 |
[03:10] | Yes. | 好吧 |
[03:12] | Or maybe he’s saying it was real | 也可能他是在说 这是真品 |
[03:16] | and he really loved you. | 而他也真的爱你 |
[03:20] | No. | 不 |
[03:22] | This isn’t love. | 这不是爱 |
[03:23] | This is a $12 million, stolen painting | 这是价值1千2百万的 偷来的画 |
[03:26] | that he knew I was hired to protect. | 他还知道是我被雇佣来保护它的 |
[03:28] | He’s probably called the cops already, | 他可能已经报了警 |
[03:29] | and they’re on their way over. | 警察就在来的路上了 |
[03:31] | Have you called the museum? | 你给博物馆打电话了吗 |
[03:32] | No one’s picking up. | 没人接 |
[03:33] | I need to go over there and tell them everything, right? | 我得过去告诉他们一切 对吗 |
[03:36] | As my lawyer? | 作为我律师的建议拿 |
[03:37] | Actually, I wouldn’t. | 说实话 我不做 |
[03:38] | Not before we do some recon. Anyway, you can’t. | 除非我们先做点调查 反正你不能去 |
[03:41] | We have Jeffrey Bloom coming in at 10:00. | 杰弗里·布鲁姆十点要来 |
[03:43] | That’s just what I need — | 这真是及时雨啊… |
[03:44] | 10:00 A.M. meeting with a murderer. | 早上十点跟谋杀犯见面 |
[03:46] | The jury acquitted him. | 陪审团宣告他无罪了 |
[03:48] | Only because the judge threw out | 只是因为法官排除了 |
[03:50] | the cell tower evidence. | 信号塔的证据 |
[03:51] | He did not love Edith Rockwell. | 他根本不爱伊迪丝·罗克韦尔 |
[03:53] | He was in it for the money. | 他跟她恋爱就是为钱 |
[03:54] | He’s exactly the same as Christopher. | 他跟克里斯托弗是一路货色 |
[03:58] | Are you sure you want to come in today? | 你确定今天要来公司吗 |
[04:07] | I’ll see you at the office. | 我们办公室见 |
[04:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[04:17] | Hey, it’s me. Did the museum call? | 是我 博物馆打过电话吗 |
[04:20] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[04:21] | I’m running late. | 我要迟到了 |
[04:22] | Did the museum call by any chance? | 博物馆打过电话吗 |
[04:24] | Nobody called. | 没人打电话 |
[04:24] | The whole world’s watching Jeffrey Bloom | 全世界都在关注杰弗里·布鲁姆 |
[04:26] | take his victory lap on all the morning shows. | 在所有晨间节目上庆祝胜利 |
[04:28] | The acquittal will allow Bloom to claim his inheritance | 由于获判无罪 布鲁姆将有权 |
[04:31] | from the Rockwell estate. | 继承罗克韦尔的遗产 |
[04:33] | I can’t believe they acquitted him. | 不敢相信他们判他无罪 |
[04:34] | Yep. He’s not a murderer anymore. | 他再也不是杀人犯了 |
[04:37] | I’ll be in soon. | 我马上过来 |
[05:40] | These are exquisite. | 真是精致 |
[05:43] | I’m just not sure they send the right message. | 只是我不确定是否符合我想表达的意思 |
[05:45] | Is the message, “I love you, | 你是想表达”我爱你 |
[05:46] | but not enough – to buy you a wedding ring”? | 但没爱到要买婚戒”吗 |
[05:49] | More like, “I’m sorry. Can you ever forgive me?” | 更像是”抱歉 你就原谅我吧” |
[05:51] | You must have been a very bad boy. | 你肯定是个超级坏小子 |
[05:53] | Oh, you have no idea. | 你绝对想不到 |
[05:55] | I’ll see what we have in the vault. | 我去看保险柜里还有哪些 |
[05:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:13] | I can’t decided between the gold or the diamond. | 黄金和钻石选哪个好呢 |
[06:16] | Should I get both? | 要不两个都要 |
[06:17] | Both, definitely. | 当然都要 |
[06:21] | I need you to start dusting the baseboards and the moldings, | 你现在就去打扫护壁板和天花线板 |
[06:24] | or start looking for a new job, comprende? | 要不就找别的工作 懂了吗 |
[06:26] | Excuse me. May I say hello? | 不好意思 能跟它打个招呼吗 |
[06:33] | – Oh, boy! – I am terribly sorry about that. | -天啊 -我非常抱歉 |
[06:35] | Very terribly sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[06:44] | It is unconscionable to me that, | 我们的事业都发展到这一步了 |
[06:45] | at this stage in our careers, | 居然还要沦落去小偷小摸 |
[06:47] | we’re reduced to petty larceny. | 我真是接受不了 |
[06:49] | Oh, come on. Admit it. You had a good time. | 得了 承认吧 你偷得很开心 |
[06:51] | Bad flashbacks to a misspent youth. | 想起年少虚度的时光就一阵心酸 |
[06:53] | Most of which you spent with me. | 你大都跟我一起度过的 |
[06:54] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[06:56] | I have to admit it. | 我得承认 |
[06:57] | I kind of miss the old-school, hands-on approach. | 我还挺怀念这种传统手法 |
[06:59] | Sorry, darling, we have a benefactor to pay, | 抱歉亲爱的 我们要给别人钱 |
[07:01] | and an entirely new operation to bankroll. | 还有全新的工作需要资金 |
[07:04] | – What are you talking about? – There’s a grieving | -你什么意思 -有一位古洛奇公主 |
[07:05] | Kuroqi princess who recently lost her father | 她因为父亲去世非常伤心 |
[07:07] | and thinks that a month’s worth of shopping in Beverly Hills | 她认为在比弗利山庄购物一个月 |
[07:09] | will make her feel better about it. | 能够缓解一下心情 |
[07:11] | Well, what’s the con? | 你怎么计划的 |
[07:12] | Joseph Riley, managing principle broker | 约瑟夫·莱利 布兰代斯房地产的 |
[07:14] | for Brandeis Properties. | 管理委托经纪人 |
[07:15] | And this is one of my angel investors, | 而这是我一位天使投资人 |
[07:17] | Stella Winters. | 斯特拉·温特斯 |
[07:18] | And I’m just finding out about this? | 你们现在才告诉我吗 |
[07:19] | Because, tomorrow morning, you are on a one-way flight | 因为明早你要坐飞机去上海 |
[07:22] | to Shanghai, where we’ll be joining you in a month. | 我们一个月后在那里会合 |
[07:24] | Not if there’s a new con. | 有新骗局我不能走 |
[07:25] | Alice Vaughan and her entire team know this face. | 爱丽丝·沃恩他们都认得你 |
[07:28] | You’re burnt. | 你不能再出手了 |
[07:29] | So, the sooner you disappear | 所以你越早消失 |
[07:30] | and the further away you are from Alice Vaughan, | 离爱丽丝·沃恩越远 |
[07:32] | the safer it is for all of us. | 我们大家也越安全 |
[07:42] | 艺术谈 关于无限 玛莉亚·凯琳聊绘画 | |
[07:52] | Any word from the museum? | 博物馆有消息吗 |
[07:54] | I went. I couldn’t help myself. | 我去了 我控制不住 |
[07:56] | It’s there. The painting is there. | 就在那儿 那幅画就在那儿 |
[07:58] | – What? How? – I have no idea. | -什么 怎么可能 -我也不知道 |
[08:00] | – But will you do me a favor? – Of course. | -你能否帮我个忙 -当然 |
[08:02] | Find out if there’s any markers | 查一下有没有可供辨别 |
[08:03] | to tell a real Maria Kreyn from a fake. | 玛莉亚·凯琳作品真伪的标记 |
[08:05] | What the hell is going on here? | 你们在搞什么 |
[08:08] | They’re showing a clip from the Jeffrey Bloom interview. | 我们在放杰弗里·布鲁姆接受采访的片段 |
[08:10] | Can I talk to you about something? | 我能跟你说件事吗 |
[08:12] | – What’s up? – Val? | -怎么了 -小瓦 |
[08:13] | Gordon for you. | 高登找你 |
[08:14] | Tell him I will see him in divorce court. | 告诉他离婚法庭上再见 |
[08:16] | Actually, tell him I’ll see him in hell. | 其实吧 告诉他地狱里见 |
[08:18] | Tell him she’ll call him right back. | 就说她待会儿回电 |
[08:21] | I take it it did not go well in mediation? | 看来调解不顺利啊 |
[08:23] | – He didn’t even show up. – What? | -他根本没出现 -什么 |
[08:25] | So, what’s the latest? | 有什么新消息 |
[08:26] | Jeffrey, what’s the first thing | 杰弗里 重获自由后 |
[08:27] | 杰弗里·布鲁姆 独家专访 | |
[08:28] | you and Rebecca are going to do now that you’re free? | 你和丽贝卡首先想做什么 |
[08:30] | Honestly, a-as long as Edith’s killer’s still out there, | 说实话 只要未抓获杀害伊迪丝的凶手 |
[08:34] | I’ll never be free. | 我就永远得不到自由 |
[08:35] | Oh, He really loved her. | 他真的爱过她 |
[08:37] | – And to say that in front of the new wife, that’s… – Stupid. | -而且当着新人的面这么说 -蠢透了 |
[08:39] | Impressive. | 真厉害 |
[08:40] | Let’s hope she’s not next on the hit list. | 但愿她别是他杀人名单上的下一个 |
[08:42] | – Allie. – Seriously? | -小爱 -没开玩笑 |
[08:43] | He was acquitted for lack of evidence. | 他无罪是因为证据不足 |
[08:45] | That does not mean he didn’t do it. | 这不等于他真就清白 |
[08:46] | He had the motive. He had the means. | 他有动机 也有办法 |
[08:48] | He had an airtight alibi. | 他的不在场证明无懈可击 |
[08:49] | Witnesses saw him at the opera that night. | 当晚多人在歌剧现场见到他 |
[08:50] | That opera is four hours long. | 那出歌剧长达四小时 |
[08:53] | He could have left, killed her, had dinner, | 他就算离场 杀人 吃晚餐 |
[08:55] | and still been back in time to sleep through act three. | 仍有时间回去睡过第三幕 |
[08:57] | But what about their love story? | 那他们的爱情故事呢 |
[08:58] | Between Jeffrey and Edith or between Jeffrey | 你指杰弗里跟伊迪丝 还是杰弗里 |
[09:00] | and the $40 million Edith left him in her will? | 跟伊迪丝在遗嘱里留给他的四千万 |
[09:02] | Between Jeffrey and Rebecca. | 杰弗里和丽贝卡之间 |
[09:04] | She’s an award-winning journalist, | 她是位屡获殊荣的记者 |
[09:05] | and she believes he’s innocent. | 而且她相信他是清白的 |
[09:07] | She even married him. | 她甚至嫁给了他 |
[09:08] | The way I almost married Christopher? | 就像我差点嫁给克里斯托弗一样吗 |
[09:10] | Forgive me if I’m suspicious of charming sociopaths | 请原谅我会怀疑这种会谋财害命的 |
[09:13] | who take your money and then murder you. | 英俊潇洒的反社会分子 |
[09:14] | Allie, stop talking. | 小爱 别说了 |
[09:16] | He’s here. | 他人在这 |
[09:17] | And we’ll be right back after a short break. | 我们稍事休息一下就回来 |
[09:21] | When I interviewed Jeffrey for the magazine, | 当我为杂志去采访杰弗里的时候 |
[09:23] | I assumed he was guilty — like everyone else — | 我和所有其他人一样认为他是有罪的 |
[09:27] | but I kept finding holes in the prosecution’s case, | 但我在检方的案卷中一直发现漏洞 |
[09:32] | mistakes made by his legal team, | 以及他的法律团队不该犯的错误 |
[09:34] | and I just… | 然后我就 |
[09:36] | You fell in love. | 你就坠入爱河了 |
[09:37] | I married him while he was still in prison. | 我嫁给他的时候他还在服刑期间 |
[09:40] | Everyone thought I was crazy. | 所有人都认为我疯了 |
[09:44] | Then, she spent all of her time trying to get me out. | 然后 她用她所有的时间来争取让我出狱 |
[09:47] | And now, thanks to her, | 而现在 多亏有了她 |
[09:48] | I have my life back. | 我重新找回了自己的生活 |
[09:49] | But not really. We’re being harassed. | 但也不完全如此 我们一直被骚扰 |
[09:51] | We’re getting death threats, | 我们一直受到各种死亡威胁 |
[09:53] | which is why I insisted we come to you. | 这也正是我坚持要一起过来找你们的原因 |
[09:55] | To track down the source of the threats? | 要找出这些威胁的来源吗 |
[09:56] | No. | 不 |
[09:58] | To find out who really killed Edith Rockwell. | 找出杀害伊迪丝·罗克韦尔的真凶 |
[10:04] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[10:05] | I think Rebecca’s gonna be really angry | 我觉得当丽贝卡发现是她丈夫杀了 |
[10:07] | when she finds out her husband killed Edith Rockwell. | 伊迪丝·罗克韦尔的时候她会非常生气 |
[10:08] | I need you to be objective. | 我需要你客观看待这件事 |
[10:10] | – I am. – You’re not. | -我很客观的 -你没有 |
[10:12] | And if Gordon did to me what Christopher did to you, | 如果高登对我做了克里斯托弗对你做的事 |
[10:14] | I wouldn’t be, either. | 我也不会客观的 |
[10:17] | I would need some serious time off. | 我会需要好好的休息一段时间 |
[10:18] | No, I’m not taking time off. | 不 我才不要休假 |
[10:23] | He lied to me for a year. | 他骗了我一年 |
[10:26] | And I’m supposed to be good at this. | 而我本应该最擅长发现这些蛛丝马迹的 |
[10:29] | I need to know – that I’m still good at this. | 我需要知道 我仍然擅长调查 |
[10:40] | We are taking this case. | 这案子我们接了 |
[10:46] | Eight years ago, Jeffrey Bloom came | 八年前 杰弗里·布鲁姆来到洛杉矶 |
[10:47] | to L.A. as an aspiring print model, | 立志成为一名平面模特 |
[10:49] | meaning he mostly waited tables | 这意味着他大多数时间都在做服务生 |
[10:51] | and taught spin classes, | 和在健身房教动感单车 |
[10:53] | which is how he met fashion designer Edith Rockwell. | 这也让他认识了时尚设计师伊迪丝·罗克韦尔 |
[10:57] | The fact that Edith was 40 years older | 虽然伊迪丝比杰弗里年长40岁 |
[10:59] | than Jeffrey barely raised an eyebrow in Hollywood, | 但这件事并不会在好莱坞引起什么波澜 |
[11:01] | but it was a red flag to Edith’s son, Payton, | 但对于伊迪丝的儿子 这位加州大学 |
[11:05] | a UCLA philosophy major who didn’t love | 洛杉矶分校哲学专业毕业的佩顿来说 |
[11:07] | that his soon-to-be-stepfather | 他可不喜欢这个只比他大几岁 |
[11:08] | was only a few years older than he was. | 却即将要成为自己继父的男人 |
[11:10] | But Payton had an alibi the night of the murder. | 但是佩顿在谋杀发生当晚有不在场证明 |
[11:12] | He did. Her name is Tracy Lassin. | 他确实有 那个女孩叫特蕾西·拉森 |
[11:14] | I’m telling you what I told the cops — | 我和你说的就是我之前告诉过警察的 |
[11:15] | He was at the bar till last call. | 他在打烊前一直在吧台这里 |
[11:17] | But that place is wall-to-wall college boys. | 但那里到处都是在上大学的小伙子 |
[11:19] | So, how do you remember Payton? | 你怎么会记得佩顿呢 |
[11:20] | ‘Cause college boys all look at me | 因为所有的大学男生看我的眼神 |
[11:22] | the same way you are right now. | 都跟你现在的眼神一样 |
[11:24] | Yeah, they all want the same thing. | 是啊 他们都想要同一样东西 |
[11:25] | But this guy, Payton, he wanted to talk about his mom. | 但这个家伙 佩顿 他想聊聊他母亲 |
[11:29] | So, what does Payton say? | 那么佩顿怎么说 |
[11:31] | Nothing. I e-mailed, left messages. | 什么也没说 我发了邮件和短信 |
[11:32] | I showed up at his doorstep and made nice, | 我都很友好的到他家门口了 |
[11:34] | but he’s not talking to anyone. | 但他还是不愿意和任何人交流 |
[11:35] | So we start from scratch | 那我们就从零开始 |
[11:37] | — a new investigation, no bias. | 进行一项全新的调查 摈除所有偏见 |
[11:39] | We look at everyone — | 我们会去查每一个人 |
[11:40] | anyone who might have held a grudge | 任何可能与伊迪丝有积怨 |
[11:42] | or had something to gain from Edith’s death. | 或者能从她的过世中获益的人 |
[11:44] | Whoever did it tried to make it look like a robbery. | 不管是谁下的毒手他都试图掩盖成抢劫的样子 |
[11:46] | She’d been strangled, signs of a break-in, | 她是被勒死的 有非法闯入的痕迹 |
[11:48] | jewelry stolen. | 珠宝失窃 |
[11:50] | Can we get in to examine the crime scene? | 我们可以去查看犯罪现场吗 |
[11:52] | As of now, Edith’s house | 目前为止 伊迪丝的房子 |
[11:53] | and all of her assets belong to Jeffrey. | 还有她的所有财产都属于杰弗里 |
[11:55] | Shall we ask our new client for a tour? | 那就叫我们的新客户带我们参观一下吧 |
[12:00] | That’s where they found her, | 这是他们发现她时所在的位置 |
[12:02] | lying at the bottom of the stairs | 她就躺在楼梯脚下 |
[12:04] | strangled with one of her own scarves. | 被她自己的一条围巾勒死在这里 |
[12:10] | Jeffrey, you don’t have to be here for this | 杰弗里 如果你不想重温这场悲剧的话 |
[12:12] | – if you don’t want. – It’s okay. | -可以不用在这陪着我们的 -没事的 |
[12:14] | You’re okay, right? | 你没事的 对吗 |
[12:15] | Yeah. I-I… | 是的 我 我 |
[12:16] | I just haven’t been back here since… | 我只是自那以后还没回过这里 |
[12:22] | Why don’t we start upstairs? | 我们何不先从楼上开始 |
[12:24] | Sure. | 当然可以 |
[12:31] | This is Payton’s room. | 这是佩顿的房间 |
[12:35] | Edith kept it exactly how he left it. | 伊迪丝让房间保持着他离开时的原样 |
[12:36] | She wanted to make sure he knew | 她想让他知道 |
[12:38] | he would always have a home here. | 这里永远是他的家 |
[12:39] | Then why did she cut him out of her will? | 那为什么她把佩顿从遗嘱里剔除了 |
[12:44] | Honey, they can’t help you if you don’t tell them. | 宝贝 你不说出来他们也没法帮你 |
[12:48] | Look, Payton was a good kid, | 听着 佩顿是个好孩子 |
[12:50] | but he started cutting classes and doing drugs, | 但他后来开始翘课和吸毒 |
[12:54] | spending Edith’s money, so she figured she’d cut him off. | 挥霍伊迪丝的金钱 所以她觉得应该剔除 |
[12:57] | But that only made things worse. | 但这样做只是让事情变得更糟糕了 |
[12:59] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[13:00] | Payton threatened Edith the night of the murder. | 佩顿在伊迪丝被杀那晚威胁过她 |
[13:03] | He didn’t threaten her. | 他没有威胁她 |
[13:04] | He said, “If you choose Jeffrey over me, you’ll regret it.” | 他说”你选了杰弗里而不是我 你会后悔的” |
[13:07] | – That’s a threat. – They had an argument. | -这明明是威胁 -他们只是起了争执 |
[13:09] | Payton said some thing he shouldn’t have, and he left. | 佩顿说了些他不该说的话 然后就离开了 |
[13:12] | We were supposed to go to the opera that night with friends, | 那天晚上我们本计划和朋友去看歌剧 |
[13:15] | but Edith was so upset she decided not to go. | 但伊迪丝很烦躁所以她没有去 |
[13:17] | – And when I came back… – Edith was dead. | -我回来的时候 -伊迪丝已经死了 |
[13:19] | The police found signs of a break-in — | 警察发现了强行闯入的痕迹 |
[13:21] | a broken window, – and Edith’s jewelry was gone. | 窗户破了 而且伊迪丝的珠宝不见了 |
[13:23] | And you think Payton did it. | 你认为是佩顿做的 |
[13:25] | He was high. | 他喝嗨了 |
[13:26] | He had been drinking at the bar. | 他一直在酒吧喝酒 |
[13:27] | – He snapped. – Rebecca. | -他喝断片了 -丽贝卡 |
[13:29] | I’m sorry, but there’s no other version | 我很遗憾 但没有比这个版本 |
[13:31] | of this story that makes any sense. | 更讲得通的了 |
[13:33] | Except the one that put me in prison. | 除了把我送进监狱的那个版本 |
[13:41] | Passport. Cash — U.S., Chinese. | 护照 现金 美元和人民币 |
[13:44] | I booked your usual suite at the Ritz-Carlton, | 我在丽兹卡尔顿酒店预订了你常住的套房 |
[13:46] | Tell Chef Daniel I’ll see you both in 30 days. | 告诉丹尼尔主厨我三十天后见你们 |
[13:49] | I could stay here, lie low. | 我可以留在这里 保持低调 |
[13:51] | You’ve been a delight, darling. | 亲爱的 你一直讨人欢喜 |
[13:53] | Now be a ghost. | 现在该像个幽灵了 |
[13:54] | Your town car awaits. | 你的林肯车等着呢 |
[13:58] | You watched me pack. | 你看着我打包的 |
[13:59] | No, I watched you fold clothes. | 不 我只看到你叠衣服 |
[14:02] | Is that what you’re gonna wear when you meet the princess? | 这就是你见公主时要穿的衣服吗 |
[14:04] | Don’t concern yourself with my wardrobe, okay? | 别操心我的行头 行吗 |
[14:06] | You just get your head together | 你把自己的思绪理清就行 |
[14:08] | so I don’t have to worry about you anymore. | 这样我就不用再为你担心了 |
[14:11] | Straight to the airport. No stops. | 直奔机场 别停留 |
[14:26] | So, according to Jeffrey, | 按照杰弗里的说法 |
[14:27] | Edith had no intention of disowning Payton, | 伊迪丝并不想和佩顿断绝关系 |
[14:29] | to the point where his room was, like, scarily preserved. | 以至于他的房间还有点可怕地保持原样 |
[14:32] | It was 2010 in there. | 那里还是2010年的样子 |
[14:33] | But did you notice? | 但你有没有注意到 |
[14:35] | There were no family photos with Payton in them, | 房子里一张和佩顿的家庭合影都没有 |
[14:37] | like, anywhere in the house. | 哪里都没有 |
[14:39] | I looked. | 我检查了 |
[14:40] | It was all Jeffrey and Edith. | 全是杰弗里和伊迪丝的照片 |
[14:42] | So, either Edith got rid of them, or Jeffrey did. | 所以不是伊迪丝就是杰弗里把照片扔了 |
[14:46] | I have photos of Payton. | 我有佩顿的照片 |
[14:48] | – Danny, you stole it. – Liberated it from 2010. | -丹尼 你偷了它 -把它从2010年解救出来 |
[14:51] | It’s all Vampire Weekend and “Avatar” on there. | 房间里都是吸血鬼周末[乐队]和阿凡达的海报 |
[14:54] | Enjoy. | 好好看吧 |
[14:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[14:59] | You still think Jeffrey killed her? | 你还是认为杰弗里杀了她 |
[15:00] | I think finding the jewels will help us figure it out. | 我认为找到珠宝才能帮我们弄清楚 |
[15:03] | Here. You go up. I’ll be there in a second. | 给你 你先上去吧 我马上 |
[15:34] | Ms. Vaughan. Are you following me? | 沃恩女士 你在跟踪我吗 |
[15:41] | – Get in the car. – Reggie, what are you doing? | -上车 -瑞吉 你这是干什么 |
[15:43] | You are getting on that plane if I have to fold you down | 你必须走 哪怕我得把你 |
[15:45] | to travel size and check you in as baggage. | 装进行李里让你登机 |
[15:47] | I’m going. I’m leaving right now. | 我要走 我这就离开 |
[15:48] | When? Right after you run across the street | 什么时候 等你走过街 |
[15:50] | and apologize to her for ruining her life? | 为毁了她的人生向她道歉之后吗 |
[15:52] | You think she’s gonna forgive you? | 你认为她会原谅你吗 |
[15:54] | Ben, she’s gonna stab you in the chest with a car key. | 本 她会用车钥匙捅你的胸口 |
[15:59] | Get down. | 蹲下 |
[16:03] | Oh, hell! | 该死 |
[16:06] | What is Interpol doing here? | 国际刑警在这里做什么 |
[16:08] | Why is Interpol talking to your girlfriend? | 为什么他在和你的女朋友讲话 |
[16:10] | He must have traced the hits on her clients. | 他一定追查到她客户的案子 |
[16:13] | We had to leave Europe because of that guy. | 我们当初离开欧洲都是因为他 |
[16:14] | Now we have to leave L.A.? No. I like L.A. | 难道现在我们得离开洛杉矶 不 我喜欢这 |
[16:16] | We’re not leaving L.A. We can’t. | 我们不会离开洛杉矶 我们不能 |
[16:19] | If Dao’s looking for me, he’ll have his men all over LAX. | 如果达奥在追踪我 他一定在机场布置了人手 |
[16:21] | We’re gonna have to tell Margot about this. | 我们得告诉玛格特这件事 |
[16:25] | You’ve been tailing me since I left this morning. | 从我早上离开你就在跟踪我 |
[16:28] | Am I suspect in this investigation? | 难道我是你调查的对象吗 |
[16:30] | A person of interest? | 犯罪嫌疑人 |
[16:31] | You’re of great interest to me. | 我对你很感兴趣 |
[16:33] | I finally figured out why you don’t want to help me. | 我终于明白为什么你不肯帮我 |
[16:35] | Because the man I’ve been chasing for two years | 因为我追踪了两年的这个男人 |
[16:38] | was your fiance, Christopher Hall. | 就是你的未婚夫 克里斯托弗·霍尔 |
[16:45] | You were with him for one year. | 你和他相处了一年 |
[16:47] | During that time, he stole $5 million from your clients | 在这期间 他利用从你那里获得的信息 |
[16:51] | using information he obtained from you. | 盗取了你的客户五百万 |
[16:54] | Now, to me and to a jury, | 不管对我还是对陪审团 |
[16:56] | it will look as if you were in it together. | 你看上去都是和他一伙的 |
[16:58] | So, if I call FBI headquarters and tell your supervisor | 如果我打电话给联调局总部 告诉你的主管 |
[17:01] | that you spent – the entire day following me | 你用了整整一天跟踪我 |
[17:03] | instead of looking for this man, | 而非寻找这个男人 |
[17:04] | will he be surprised to hear that? | 他会不会惊讶呢 |
[17:06] | You’re supervisor’s Max, right? | 你的主管是马克斯 对吧 |
[17:09] | Why don’t we call him right now and find out? | 不如我们现在就打电话给他问清楚 |
[17:12] | Please do. | 随便你 |
[17:13] | I see you’ve gone from living with thieves | 我看你已经从和小偷同居 |
[17:15] | to working for murderers. | 到为杀人犯工作了 |
[17:18] | I’m sure it won’t be long until we meet again, Ms. Vaughan. | 我肯定我们不久会再遇的 沃恩女士 |
[17:48] | Mom’s in New Mexico… | 我的母亲在新墨西哥 |
[17:50] | with a husband number four, I think. | 和她的第四任丈夫 |
[17:52] | That is impressive. | 真厉害 |
[17:54] | And Dad’s retired in Tucson with my baby brother, | 我父亲退休了 和我的宝贝弟弟在图森市 |
[17:59] | who’s over 30 and still a baby. | 他都三十多了还像个孩子 |
[18:01] | What does he do? | 他做什么 |
[18:03] | Landscaping. | 园林绿化 |
[18:05] | I think — sometimes maybe Internet porn. | 我认为 或许偶尔还搞网络色情 |
[18:07] | It’s unclear. | 不太清楚 |
[18:09] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[18:14] | Parents are gone. | 父母都去世了 |
[18:18] | Cancer. | 因为癌症 |
[18:19] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[18:20] | Yeah, me, too. They were… | 我也是 他们… |
[18:23] | both pretty great. | 人都很好 |
[18:28] | Any siblings? | 有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[18:30] | An older brother. | 一个哥哥 |
[18:31] | Yeah? Where’s he? What does he do? | 是吗 他在哪 什么工作 |
[18:35] | He died when we were kids. | 小的时候就去世了 |
[18:40] | It was a sailboat accident. We were, uh… | 一场翻船事故 我们当时 |
[18:45] | It got windy, and the boat capsized, | 风很大 船翻了 |
[18:46] | and he got caught in the rigging underneath. | 他被水下的绳索绕住了 |
[18:53] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:55] | No, I’m sorry. It’s not… | 不 该抱歉的是我 这不该是 |
[18:58] | first-date material. | 第一次约会该说的话 |
[18:59] | No, please. | 不要 |
[19:01] | I want to know. | 我想知道 |
[19:04] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[19:08] | Everything. | 什么都想知道 |
[19:23] | Reggie, we need to go tell Margot about this now. | 瑞吉 我们要马上告诉玛格特这件事 |
[19:26] | No, we need to get our story straight. | 不 我们要统一我们的说法 |
[19:27] | Not our story, my story. | 不是我们的说法 只有我的说法 |
[19:29] | I went to LAX, saw Agent Dao, came back. | 我赶去机场 看见了达奥探员 折回来了 |
[19:31] | So, you’re just gonna trust that I won’t tell her | 所以你就相信我不会把你和神探南希的事 |
[19:33] | about you and Nancy Drew? | 告诉她吗 |
[19:35] | You know what? Tell her. | 跟她说吧 |
[19:37] | What? | 什么 |
[19:38] | – Better yet, I’ll tell her. – Whoa. Calm down. | -我告诉她也许更好 -别冲动 |
[19:40] | She probably already knows. | 她八成已经知道了 |
[19:41] | After 15 years together, how could she not? | 在一起15年了 她怎么可能不知道 |
[19:43] | Reggie, I love Margot. I would do anything for her. | 瑞吉 我爱玛格特 我愿意为她做任何事 |
[19:45] | You guys are my family. You know that. | 你们是我的家人 你知道的 |
[19:46] | But I am in love with Alice Vaughan. | 但我爱上了爱丽丝·沃恩 |
[19:48] | I didn’t mean for it to happen. I didn’t want it to happen. | 我不是故意的 我也不想这样 |
[19:52] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好 好 |
[19:54] | Look, I know you feel this way right now. | 我知道你现在是这样的感觉 |
[19:55] | – Reggie… – But feelings change. | -瑞吉 -但感觉是会变的 |
[19:57] | – this isn’t gonna change. – Love is a drug, brother. | -这不会变的 -爱情是毒药啊兄弟 |
[19:59] | You’re on drugs. I’m gonna be your sponsor. | 你有毒瘾了 我会做你的保证人 |
[20:01] | I want to keep you sober, | 我想让你保持清醒 |
[20:03] | and I want to keep Alice alive. | 我也想保住爱丽丝这条命 |
[20:06] | Because if you tell Margot, | 因为如果你告诉了玛格特 |
[20:08] | I promise you – there’ll be no Alice Vaughan. | 我向你保证 爱丽丝·沃恩就完了 |
[20:19] | How’d it go with Rebecca and Jeff? | 丽贝卡和杰夫的事怎么样 |
[20:20] | Rebecca really thinks Payton did it. | 丽贝卡认定是佩顿干的 |
[20:23] | But you don’t believe that? | 但你不相信吗 |
[20:24] | I think we need to talk to Payton. | 我觉得要跟佩顿谈谈 |
[20:27] | And that you need to talk to Gordon. | 而你要跟高登谈谈 |
[20:29] | Which is why I hired a mediator — so we can talk. | 所以我找了个调解人 所以我们才能谈 |
[20:32] | His failure to show up means that he has nothing to say. | 他没露面说明他没什么好说的 |
[20:34] | Maybe he was stuck in court. | 也许法庭的事把他困住了 |
[20:35] | Or in someone else’s vagina. | 或者别人的小妹妹 |
[20:38] | So, on this iPad Danny stole… | 从这个丹尼偷来的iPad上来看 |
[20:40] | – Danny… – It’s not important to the story. | -丹尼 -这个不重要 |
[20:42] | I found these photos of Payton, | 我发现了佩顿的这些照片 |
[20:43] | probably from senior year of high school. | 可能是高三时候照的 |
[20:47] | What’s this house? | 这栋房子是怎么回事 |
[20:48] | Did Edith have a beach house? | 伊迪丝名下有海滨别墅吗 |
[20:49] | – I’ll find out. – But see who the girl is? | -这个我会查的 -但你看那个女孩是谁 |
[20:53] | Tracy Lassin, the bartender. | 特蕾西·拉森 那个调酒师 |
[20:55] | – Payton’s alibi. – They knew each other? | -佩顿的不在场证明人 -他们认识吗 |
[20:57] | Pretty well. | 非常熟悉 |
[21:01] | Which means she might have been covering for him. | 也就是说她很可能是在替他掩护 |
[21:02] | So, maybe Payton wasn’t at the bar the night of the murder. | 所以事发当晚佩顿可能并不在酒吧 |
[21:05] | And Rebecca was right. | 丽贝卡说得对 |
[21:07] | Jeffrey didn’t do it. | 不是杰弗里干的 |
[21:15] | Payton. | 佩顿 |
[21:19] | Is that your car? | 那是你的车吗 |
[21:20] | May I ask you a few questions? | 我能问你几个问题吗 |
[21:22] | Well, you haven’t answered mine yet. | 你还没回答我的问题 |
[21:24] | Yes, it’s my car. | 对 是我的车 |
[21:26] | Well, can you move it, please? | 那请你挪一下好吗 |
[21:27] | Payton, I know about your relationship | 佩顿 我知道你和 |
[21:29] | with Tracy Lassin, which compromises your alibi | 特蕾西·拉森的关系 这会影响到 |
[21:32] | for the night of the murder. | 你在事发当晚的不在场证明 |
[21:33] | – What are you, a cop? – Private investigator. | -你是干什么的 警察吗 -私家侦探 |
[21:35] | And you’re working for him, aren’t you? | 你是在给他办事吧 |
[21:36] | Did you threaten your mother the night of the murder? | 你在事发当晚威胁你母亲了吗 |
[21:38] | Is that what he told you? | 那是他告诉你的 |
[21:39] | I’m just trying to find out the truth. | 我只是想尽力查明真相 |
[21:41] | You are just trying to get paid, just like him. | 你是想尽力拿到钱 跟他一样 |
[21:44] | You don’t care who gets hurt, and at this point, neither do I. | 你不在乎谁会受伤 那这个时候我也不在乎 |
[21:47] | So, move your car, or I’m moving it for you. | 所以挪你的车 不然我给你挪 |
[21:49] | Payton, listen to me. | 佩顿 听我说 |
[21:51] | I’m trying to help you. I just want to talk. | 我想帮你 我只想谈谈而已 |
[22:02] | Agent Dao is in Los Angeles? | 达奥探员在洛杉矶 |
[22:03] | We won’t be going anywhere for a while. | 我们暂时是哪都别想去了 |
[22:05] | Well, we’re gonna have to. | 我们必须走 |
[22:06] | The princess has decided she doesn’t like L.A. | 公主心意很明确 不喜欢洛杉矶 |
[22:07] | I thought we’d follow her to New York, | 我本来想我们可以跟她去纽约 |
[22:09] | but if Dao is watching… | 但如果达奥在盯着的话 |
[22:10] | – How long is she here? – Just overnight. | -她来这儿多长时间了 -昨天刚到 |
[22:11] | – Then we still have all day. – The princess is not the mark. | -那还有一整天的时间 -公主不是目标 |
[22:14] | Don’t hurt yourself trying to keep up. | 别因为逞强而勉强自己 |
[22:15] | The mark is Qasim Halabi, the princess’s guardian. | 目标是卡西姆·哈拉比 公主的监护人 |
[22:18] | May I? | 我能看一下吗 |
[22:19] | When the princess’s father died, Halabi became | 公主的父王死后 哈拉比就成为了 |
[22:21] | the de facto controller of the royal family’s business empire. | 王室商业帝国的实际掌权者 |
[22:24] | I get to Qasim, we get the money. | 我拿下卡西姆 钱就到手了 |
[22:26] | You get to Qasim. I’ll get to the princess. | 你拿下卡西姆 我拿下公主 |
[22:28] | Forgive my sexism, darling, but the princess is inessential. | 原谅我性别歧视 亲爱的 公主不打紧 |
[22:30] | Not if I can convince her to stay in Los Angeles. | 如果我能让她留在洛杉矶就不是这样了 |
[22:41] | And there’s our man. | 这就是我们要找的人 |
[22:45] | Qasim Halabi. | 卡西姆·哈拉比 |
[22:47] | Oh. Dude works out. | 哥们身材很结实啊 |
[22:48] | He was a general in the Kuroqi National Guard, | 他之前是古洛奇国民警卫队的将军 |
[22:51] | trained by U.S. Military contractors | 受训于美国军事承包商 |
[22:53] | to protect Princess Zara. | 为了保护扎拉公主 |
[23:00] | On her last shopping trip in L.A., she spent $6 million — | 公主最近一次洛杉矶血拼 光是买鞋 |
[23:04] | on shoes. | 就花了六百万 |
[23:06] | They are excellent shoes. | 确实是很赞的鞋 |
[23:07] | Eyes on Qasim, Mr. Riley. | 盯住卡西姆 莱利先生 |
[23:11] | It’s show time. | 表演时刻到 |
[23:24] | Your Arabic is excellent, Mr. Riley. | 你的阿拉伯语很棒 莱利先生 |
[23:26] | Thank you, General. | 谢谢 将军 |
[23:26] | My office was supposed to have contacted you. | 我的办公室本应该联系你 |
[23:28] | Yes, I know you’re only here for the day, | 我知道您只在这里待一天 |
[23:29] | but I would love to show you this property. | 但我非常希望能给您展示这件房产 |
[23:31] | And then, uh, maybe Nobu for lunch. | 然后在信餐厅与您共进午餐 |
[23:35] | In sha Allah. | 若主意欲 |
[23:50] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[23:51] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:52] | – It’s a 1962 — – 1962 Austin-Healey | -是1962年产的 -1962年产的奥斯汀-希利 |
[23:54] | with a straight six at 150 horsepower. | 直列六缸 150马力 |
[23:57] | Well, this one only has 132. | 我这辆只有132马力 |
[23:59] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[24:01] | No, you really know your cars. | 不必 你很了解车 |
[24:03] | I know this one. | 我了解这一辆 |
[24:04] | My father had one just like it — | 我父亲之前有一辆和这辆一样 |
[24:05] | same color and everything. | 不论是颜色还是其他 |
[24:07] | It was his favorite. | 曾是他的最爱 |
[24:08] | Well, your father has excellent taste. | 你父亲品位很好 |
[24:11] | Had. | 曾经是 |
[24:14] | He passed away recently. | 他刚刚过世了 |
[24:17] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[24:19] | Well, did he ever let you drive it? | 他让你开过吗 |
[24:23] | Well, in my country, women are not encouraged | 在我的国家 女人不被鼓励 |
[24:24] | or licensed to drive. | 或者说 允许开车 |
[24:27] | Apparently, it makes us vulnerable to sin. | 显然 这让我们容易犯罪 |
[24:31] | Well, there’s only one way to find out. | 只有一种办法可以检验 |
[24:38] | Mr. Riley, so sorry to interrupt you. | 莱利先生 很抱歉打断你 |
[24:40] | – I had a — – Ah, Ms. Winters. | -我有… -温特斯小姐 |
[24:41] | General Halabi, this is Stella Winters, | 哈拉比将军 这位是斯特拉·温特斯 |
[24:43] | another potential investor from London. | 另一位来自伦敦的潜在投资者 |
[24:46] | A pleasure to meet you, General. | 很高兴见到你 将军 |
[25:08] | I think I found Edith’s jewels. | 我想我发现伊迪丝的珠宝了 |
[25:10] | You did not. | 你没有 |
[25:11] | No, I didn’t. | 是的 我没有 |
[25:12] | But I did find the beach house. | 但我的确发现了海滨房 |
[25:14] | It belonged to Payton’s grandparents. | 它在佩顿祖父母的名下 |
[25:15] | It’s a rental property now, | 目前对外出租 |
[25:16] | but it’s the one place nobody’s looked yet. | 但是没人关注到这块地 |
[25:21] | You need something? | 有事吗 |
[25:22] | – Uh — – We’re good. | -我 -你可以出去了 |
[25:23] | Thanks, Danny. | 谢谢你 丹尼 |
[25:32] | It’s about the painting. | 是关于那幅画 |
[25:34] | Apparently, Maria Kreyn paints | 显然 玛莉亚·凯琳 |
[25:35] | all the way to the edge of her canvases. | 一直是把画框四面画满的 |
[25:37] | And a forger can only copy the image inside the frame. | 伪造者只能仿造画框里的内容 |
[25:39] | Right, so, if you take the frame off | 所以 如果你把画架去掉 |
[25:41] | and the borders are blank… | 而边界是空白的… |
[25:42] | The painting’s a forgery. | 那么这幅画是赝品 |
[26:19] | This is the real… | 这幅是真品 |
[26:20] | Maria Kreyn. | 玛莉亚·凯琳亲笔 |
[26:22] | So, the one in the museum is — | 所以 博物馆里的那幅 |
[26:24] | Fake. | 是赝品 |
[26:25] | And they have no idea. | 而他们不知道 |
[26:28] | Are you gonna tell Val? | 你要告诉小瓦吗 |
[26:30] | I should. I really should. | 我应该 我真的应该说 |
[26:34] | So, we’re both in agreement about what you should do. | 所以我们都同意你应该做什么 |
[26:38] | What do you want to do? | 可你想怎么做 |
[26:40] | What I want to do is find the artist | 我想要找到画了 |
[26:42] | who forged the painting in the museum | 博物馆那幅仿品的画家 |
[26:44] | and use him to get to Christopher. | 然后利用他找到克里斯托弗 |
[26:45] | – Are you gonna talk me out of it? – Do you want me to? | -你要劝我放弃吗 -你想要我劝你吗 |
[26:49] | Are you gonna tell Val? | 你会告诉小瓦吗 |
[26:52] | Are you gonna let me help you? | 让我来帮你吧 |
[26:59] | How does a woman who isn’t allowed to drive | 一个不被允许开车的女人 |
[27:01] | drive like a NASCAR champion? | 怎么会开得像纳斯卡冠军一样 |
[27:04] | My father taught me. | 我父亲教我的 |
[27:05] | He just never let me drive the Healey. | 他只是从不让我开希利 |
[27:07] | He wasn’t worried about you and sin? | 他不担心你会犯罪吗 |
[27:09] | Only to know how to drive away from it as quickly as possible. | 只告诉我怎样尽快驶离罪恶 |
[27:13] | Sounds like he was a very wise man. | 听起来他是个智慧的人 |
[27:16] | He was. | 的确是 |
[27:19] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to — | 抱歉 我不是故意… |
[27:20] | Oh, no. It’s — It’s all right. | 没事 没关系 |
[27:24] | You know, they say it’s supposed to get easier — | 你知道 他们说一切都会过去的 |
[27:26] | that one day I’ll wake up and just be over it, | 总有一天我一觉醒来 然后放下 |
[27:29] | but I don’t know if I want that. | 但我不知道我是不是想放下 |
[27:33] | I don’t know you ever get over it. | 我想你永远做不到放下 |
[27:36] | You’ve lost someone, too? | 你也失去了某人 |
[27:38] | Well, my loss – in no way compares with yours. | 我失去的 完全不能跟你比 |
[27:42] | Well, what’s her name, then? | 那么 她叫什么 |
[27:44] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[27:45] | You don’t know her. | 你不认识她 |
[27:46] | Why did it end? | 为什么分开了 |
[27:50] | It ended because I… | 我们分手是因为我… |
[27:55] | wasn’t brave enough. | 不够勇敢 |
[28:00] | Well, then, there’s still time. | 那么 还有机会 |
[28:02] | Time for what? | 有什么机会 |
[28:04] | For you to be brave. | 让你变得勇敢 |
[28:06] | How long are you in town? | 你在这待多久 |
[28:09] | Actually, I’m supposed to be off for New York tomorrow. | 其实 我明天就得去纽约了 |
[28:12] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that. | 不太巧 |
[28:14] | You know, up until this afternoon, | 今天下午之前 |
[28:15] | I didn’t think I liked Los Angeles. | 我都没喜欢上洛杉矶 |
[28:23] | So, Payton tries to run you over with his car, | 佩顿都想开车从你身上碾过去了 |
[28:25] | and you still think he’s innocent? | 你还觉得他是无辜的吗 |
[28:28] | Payton had nothing to gain by killing Edith. | 杀了伊迪丝对佩顿来说一点好处都没有 |
[28:31] | He was already out of her will. | 他已经被排除在她遗嘱之外了 |
[28:32] | All the more reason to take what he could and run. | 那他更有理由把能拿的都拿走然后逃跑 |
[28:34] | So, if I were $1 million worth of old lady jewels, | 如果我拿了老妇人价值一百万的珠宝 |
[28:39] | where would I hide? | 我会藏哪 |
[28:42] | You start with the house. I’ll take the grounds. | 你去屋里找 我去外面看看 |
[28:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:46] | Well, there’s nothing in the house. | 屋里什么都没有 |
[29:48] | What? You find so– | 什么 你这么快就… |
[29:52] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[29:55] | I was wrong about Jeffrey. | 我错怪杰弗里了 |
[29:57] | He didn’t kill Edith. | 伊迪丝不是他杀的 |
[29:58] | I was wrong about all of it. | 我全判断错了 |
[30:02] | It was Payton the entire time. | 都是佩顿做的 |
[30:16] | I’m so glad you’re not in Shanghai. | 我真高兴你没去上海 |
[30:19] | The princess hasn’t officially decided to stay. | 公主没正式决定要留下来 |
[30:21] | She will. | 她会的 |
[30:24] | Who can resist you? | 谁能拒绝得了你呢 |
[30:26] | It’s not like that. | 这次不是那样 |
[30:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:30] | Hey, give me that. | 给我吧 |
[30:39] | We’ve always be so adult about our relationship, | 我们一直都非常成熟地对待我们的关系 |
[30:43] | even when the job demanded we were with other people. | 即使出于工作需要我们跟别人在一起 |
[30:47] | But I have to admit… | 但我得承认 |
[30:49] | Oh, careful. | 小心 |
[30:52] | I was jealous of Alice Vaughan, | 我嫉妒爱丽丝·沃恩 |
[30:55] | of your life together. | 嫉妒你们在一起的生活 |
[30:58] | We could have that, you know? | 我们也能那样的 你知道吗 |
[31:02] | We could disappear… | 我们可以销声匿迹 |
[31:04] | settle down… | 过安定的生活 |
[31:08] | read books. | 读读书 |
[31:11] | You’d last 30 seconds. | 你会坚持不过三十秒 |
[31:15] | I’d last 10. | 我则十秒 |
[31:17] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[31:19] | I thought she’d ruined you. | 我以为她毁了你呢 |
[31:33] | Payton’s on the run. | 佩顿逃跑了 |
[31:34] | He’s gone. They put out an APB. | 他不见了 他们发布了全境通缉 |
[31:39] | You were right. I should take time off. | 你是对的 我该休一段时间 |
[31:42] | May I point out that you actually solved this case — | 我能说你是第一个 |
[31:45] | something no one has been able to do? | 破了这案子的人吗 |
[31:48] | You’re not taking time off. | 你就别休假了 |
[31:49] | In fact, the police want to know if you found anything | 事实上 警方想知道你这是否有线索 |
[31:51] | that will help them find Payton. | 帮他们找到佩顿 |
[31:53] | Well, he’s not at his house. He’s not at the beach house. | 他不在他家 也不在海边的房子里 |
[31:56] | – Did they check Edith’s? – You think he’s there? | -查了伊迪丝家吗 -你觉得他在那 |
[31:58] | No, but maybe there’s more there that could help us find him. | 不 但那可能有能帮我们找到他的线索 |
[32:03] | – Alice? – Yeah? | -爱丽丝 -怎么 |
[32:04] | – So, I found the forger. – You did? How? | -我找到伪造的人了 -怎么找到的 |
[32:06] | Well, I figured it had to be someone local | 我觉得必须是个本地人 |
[32:08] | since it was only a few days | 因为从你给克里斯托弗看了画 |
[32:09] | between you showing the painting to Christopher | 到他把画留给你 |
[32:11] | and him leaving it for you, so… | 只隔了几天时间 所以 |
[32:14] | Elizabeth Workman. | 伊丽莎白·沃克曼 |
[32:15] | She’s very good, very fast, | 她很厉害 很迅速 |
[32:17] | after a little blackmail very helpful, | 稍微威胁了一下之后 |
[32:19] | and gave up the name of her client, Julian Marsh. | 马上就说了客户的名字 朱利安·马什 |
[32:22] | Obviously it’s a pseudonym, but when I cross-referenced it | 显然是个化名 但我交叉对比了 |
[32:24] | with “Christopher Hall,” I found these. | 克里斯托弗·霍尔后 找到了这些 |
[32:28] | “Christopher Ryan Hall dies at 75.” | “克里斯托弗·莱恩·霍尔享年75岁” |
[32:31] | The same week you met your Christopher Ryan Hall. | 你遇到克里斯托弗·莱恩·霍尔是同一周 |
[32:33] | And there’s a pattern. | 套路都一样 |
[32:34] | Both obits — tragic backstories, | 两者的讣告都是不幸的背景 |
[32:37] | no surviving family members, | 无在世亲属 |
[32:38] | and published in the New York Tribune. | 登在《纽约论坛》上 |
[32:40] | Can you look in the Trib and see if there’s | 你能否翻翻《论坛报》 |
[32:42] | any other obits – that follow the same pattern? | 看看有没有其他讣告 也是这种套路的 |
[32:44] | I already started. | 我已经开始找了 |
[32:47] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[32:49] | I let Christopher get away. | 我让克里斯托弗跑了 |
[32:50] | I’m not gonna lose Payton Rockwell. | 我不会再让佩顿·罗克韦尔跑了的 |
[33:00] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[34:00] | Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[34:02] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[34:03] | I saw your car out front. | 我看你车停门口了 |
[34:06] | I thought you might be Payton. | 我以为是佩顿 |
[34:10] | The police asked us to help find him. | 警方叫我们帮忙找他 |
[34:12] | I thought if I searched his room… | 我想如果来搜下他房间 |
[34:15] | Did you find anything? | 有发现吗 |
[34:17] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[34:19] | I should come back later if you and Rebecca are– | 我过些时候再来 免得你和丽贝卡 |
[34:21] | No, uh, stay. Uh, I want to help. | 别 留下吧 我想帮忙 |
[34:23] | Anything to finally bring some justice to Edith. | 只要能为伊迪丝讨回公道都行 |
[34:38] | You might want to take off your shoes. | 你还是把鞋脱了吧 |
[34:44] | You’ll ruin the carpet. | 会把地毯弄脏的 |
[34:47] | Now, if you’ll excuse me. | 我先行一步了 |
[34:51] | So you can run and tell the police I killed Edith? | 好让你跑着去告诉警察我杀了伊迪丝吗 |
[34:55] | And stole the jewels – to make it look like a robbery. | 以及偷窃珠宝 弄成像是抢劫的样子 |
[34:59] | And used Rebecca to get out of jail. | 利用丽贝卡离开监狱 |
[35:01] | And used me. | 再利用我 |
[35:02] | You basically put Payton’s iPad in my hands | 你几乎是直接把佩顿的iPad交给我 |
[35:05] | so I’d have everything I need to frame Payton for you. | 我就有了一切能帮你栽赃佩顿的理由 |
[35:07] | Even if I did, I can’t be tried | 就算是我干的 我在 |
[35:09] | for the same crime | 被宣告无罪后 |
[35:10] | after an acquittal. | 不能因同一罪名再次受到审判 |
[35:11] | That’s the beauty of double jeopardy. | 这就是”禁止双重危险”原则之美 |
[35:15] | I’d have to commit an entirely different crime. | 除非我犯了完全不同的罪行 |
[35:18] | I’d have to kill somebody else… | 除非我另杀他人 |
[35:21] | somebody new. | 一个新的人 |
[35:24] | Alice? | 爱丽丝 |
[35:28] | Ms. Vaughan was just leaving. | 沃恩小姐正要走 |
[35:40] | Danny, I need four security agents at the Rockwell mansion ASAP. | 丹尼 立刻派四个警卫到罗克韦尔公寓 |
[35:44] | It’s Jeffrey. He’s — | 凶手是杰弗里 |
[35:47] | Rebecca? | 丽贝卡 |
[36:09] | He killed her… | 是他杀了她 |
[36:12] | for the money. | 为了钱 |
[36:17] | I gave him everything — | 我什么都给他了 |
[36:22] | my career, my reputation, | 我的事业 名誉 |
[36:26] | my whole life! | 整个人生 |
[36:32] | What is wrong with me? | 我到底出什么问题了 |
[36:36] | What is wrong with me? | 我到底出什么问题了 |
[36:51] | For not saying, “I told you so.” | 谢谢你不说”我早就告诉过你了” |
[36:55] | I second-guessed you from the minute | 从杰弗里来这开始 |
[36:56] | Jeffrey walked into this office. | 我就一直不相信你 |
[36:58] | You had every right to. | 你有理由这么做 |
[36:59] | I thought you were making it | 我还以为你无论干什么 |
[37:00] | all about Christopher. | 都要联想到克里斯托弗 |
[37:01] | I was. | 我曾经是 |
[37:03] | I still am. | 现在仍是 |
[37:08] | It is all I can do right now | 我现在只能这样 |
[37:10] | to not spend every waking moment trying to find him so I can… | 否则我时时刻刻都想找到他然后 |
[37:12] | “Can” What? Kill him? | 然后怎么样 杀了他 |
[37:15] | Rebecca’s lawyers may be talking self-defense, | 丽贝卡的律师可以以自卫为理由为她脱身 |
[37:17] | but her life, her career — | 但她的人生 她的事业 |
[37:21] | I’m not letting you go down that road. | 我不会让你步她后尘的 |
[37:30] | You should talk to him. | 你得和他谈谈 |
[37:32] | How is it that you’re on his side in all of this? | 为什么你从始至终都站在他那边 |
[37:34] | He made a mistake — one mistake in 10 years — | 整整十年 他只犯了一个错 |
[37:38] | and he told you about it. | 而且他还向你坦白了 |
[37:39] | Of course he told me about it. | 他当然要向我坦白 |
[37:41] | I’m a private investigator. | 我是个私人侦探 |
[37:42] | He doesn’t get points for telling me about it. | 向我坦白并不能减轻他的过错 |
[37:53] | And the worst part is | 最糟糕的是 |
[37:55] | I miss him. | 我想念他 |
[38:00] | I know what you mean. | 我懂你的感受 |
[38:03] | I miss someone who doesn’t exist. | 我想念一个并不存在的人 |
[38:20] | Are you reading the obits? | 你在看讣告吗 |
[38:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[38:26] | I like to see how people’s stories end. | 我喜欢看人们的故事如何结尾 |
[38:38] | I need you to do something for me. | 我需要你帮我个忙 |
[38:40] | You know those obits you showed me? | 记得你给我看的那些讣告吗 |
[38:46] | Alice, I found the perfect dead guy | 爱丽丝 我找到了 |
[38:48] | exactly Christopher’s type. | 与克里斯托弗类型一致的完美死者 |
[38:50] | Coroner’s report on Michael Thorne, | 这是迈克尔·索恩的验尸报告 |
[38:51] | 55, died Tuesday. | 55岁 死于这周二 |
[38:53] | Wife died in a car crash 20 years ago. | 妻子在二十年前出车祸死亡 |
[38:56] | No surviving relatives. | 没有幸存的亲戚 |
[38:58] | It’s perfect. | 简直完美 |
[39:00] | I’ll put an obit in the Trib, | 我会在纽约论坛报上刊登一则讣告 |
[39:02] | and if he bites, | 如果他上钩了 |
[39:03] | he’ll use Michael Thorne’s social security number | 就会使用迈克尔·索恩的社保号 |
[39:05] | to open up credit cards. | 办信用卡 |
[39:06] | Which I’ll track. | 然后我就能追踪到 |
[39:08] | And then, we’ll have him. | 那时 我们就能找到他 |
[39:28] | Agent Dao. | 达奥探员 |
[39:30] | I come in peace. | 我没打算来惹事 |
[39:31] | I’m glad. Now, please, go in peace. | 我很荣幸 那也请心平气和地走吧 |
[39:36] | I’m here to apologize. | 我是来道歉的 |
[39:38] | After talking with my supervisor — | 我和我上司谈过了 |
[39:40] | “Being reprimanded” by your supervisor. | 是被你上司训斥了吧 |
[39:42] | You are no longer a suspect in this investigation. | 你在这宗案子里不再是嫌疑人了 |
[39:45] | According to Max, | 据马克斯所说 |
[39:46] | I was never a suspect in this investigation. | 我在这宗案子里从来都不是嫌疑人 |
[39:48] | You were a lead, Ms. Vaughan. | 但你是条线索 沃恩小姐 |
[39:50] | What kind of detective would I be | 如果不对每一条线索穷追不舍 |
[39:52] | if I didn’t follow every lead? | 那我还是什么探员 |
[39:54] | And you want us to catch him…don’t you? | 而且你希望我们抓住他 不是吗 |
[39:59] | Good night, Agent Dao. | 晚安 达奥探员 |
[40:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[40:19] | I’d like to place an obituary. | 我想刊登一条讣告 |
[40:23] | Michael Peter Thorne. | 迈克尔·彼得·索恩 |
[40:30] | That’s right. No surviving family. | 对 没有幸存的家庭成员 |
[40:35] | And it’ll be in tomorrow’s Trib? | 它会刊登在明天的《纽约论坛报》上吗 |
[40:40] | Perfect. Thank you so much. | 太好了 非常感谢 |
[41:04] | Are you enjoying your tea in solitude, | 你想享受独自喝茶吗 |
[41:06] | or may I join you? | 我能坐下吗 |
[41:08] | I thought you had to be on a plane. | 我还以为你得赶飞机呢 |
[41:10] | It’s raining in New York. | 纽约在下雨 |
[41:12] | It’s much nicer here. | 这里天气好多了 |
[41:18] | Are they…with you? | 他们是和你一起来的吗 |
[41:25] | I probably should have told you this yesterday, | 也许我昨天就该告诉你 |
[41:27] | but it tends to, uh, complicate things. | 但我怕这会 让事情变复杂 |
[41:31] | I’m kind of a princess. | 我是个公主 |
[41:34] | Yeah, we can all be a little high maintenance. | 人人都多少会有点难伺候 |
[41:37] | No, I mean as in “My father was king.” | 不 我的意思是 我爸爸是个国王 |
[41:41] | And I am – Princess Zara Al-Salim of Kuroq. | 而我是古洛奇公主扎拉·阿尔萨利姆 |
[41:47] | – Now do you wish you were eating alone? – I do not. | -现在你还希望独自用餐吗 -不 |
[41:53] | So, now that I’ve told you who I am… | 既然我已经告诉你我的身份了 |
[41:56] | who are you? | 那你的身份呢 |
[42:01] | My name is Thorne. Michael Thorne. | 我叫索恩 迈克尔·索恩 |