时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:13] | Deputy Chief Brenda Johnson. | 副警长Brenda Johnson |
[01:17] | Where is that? | 在哪里? |
[01:19] | What? | 什么? |
[01:20] | Oh, no. My ringer wasn’t on. | 哦,不,我没开手机铃 |
[01:22] | Damn it. I have a land line, you know. | 真见鬼,你可以打座机的啊! |
[01:26] | All right, sergeant Gabriel. | 好吧,Gabriel警官 |
[01:29] | Speak up, please, i can’t hear you. | 拜托大点声儿,我听不到 |
[01:31] | And start with directions. | 你先告诉我在哪个方向 |
[01:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:35] | Where’s that? | 在哪儿? |
[01:37] | Ok. How do you get there? | 好的,怎么去? |
[01:41] | No, no comment. Excuse me. Excuse me. | 不,无可奉告 劳驾,劳驾 |
[01:43] | It’s Dr. Alan Rainey, | 死者是Alan Rainey博士 |
[01:45] | director of the research center for the university’s neuropsychiatric institute. | 大学神经精神医学院 研究中心的主任 |
[01:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 他可是这一行的大人物 |
[01:50] | He’s a real big-time brain. | 他可是这一行的大人物 |
[01:51] | Now, we got no signs of a break-in, there’s no theft. | 没有入室抢劫的迹象 |
[01:53] | See, he’s still got his wallet on him there. | 看到吗?钱包还在 |
[01:56] | He’s got all sorts of awards, | 他得过各种奖 |
[01:57] | probably headed for a picture in the encyclopedia | 也许将来在百科全书里会有一张他的照片 |
[01:59] | before 8:00 this morning. | 我是说在今天早上8:00之前是有这个可能的 |
[02:02] | And as far as we can tell… | 在我看来…… |
[02:05] | everyone loved the guy. | 几乎每个人都爱这个家伙 |
[02:06] | Well, not everyone. | 是吗?看来并不是每个人 |
[02:09] | Why is his mouth lodged open like that? | 他的嘴为什么张成这个形状? |
[02:12] | Doesn’t seem to be any blockage. | 不像是有阻塞物 |
[02:14] | Here’s what hung him up. | 就是这个东西让他致命的吧 |
[02:16] | I’m guessing the blood work’s gonna match. | 我猜上面的血迹一定和他的吻合 |
[02:18] | I don’t think that’s what killed him, though. | 我觉得这不是凶器 |
[02:21] | I have a strong feeling Dr. Rainey spent his last few seconds | 我有种强烈的感觉 他在临死前 |
[02:25] | gasping for air. | 拼命地想呼吸 |
[02:27] | Yeah. Red dots on the eyes. | 没错,眼球上有红点 |
[02:29] | Petechial hemorrhaging. | 还有淤血点 |
[02:31] | He suffocated. | 他是窒息而死的 |
[02:33] | Wife’s outside in the hallway demanding to see the body. | 他妻子在外面走廊 她想看看尸体 |
[02:37] | Could you, uh, calm her down, please, and find someplace that we can talk? | 劳驾,你能安慰一下她吗? 然后找个地方我和她谈一下? |
[02:43] | Detective Sanchez, put those files back where they belong. | Sanchez警官 请你把那些文件放回原处 |
[02:46] | Lieutenant Provenza, can you please explain to me | Provenza副队长,你能不能给我解释一下? |
[02:48] | how you happen to be looking through a psychiatrist’s appointment book? | 你为什么在查看一位精神病学家的预约记录? |
[02:51] | The wind blew it off the desk | 风把它吹到地上了 书页也被吹开了 |
[02:53] | and momentarily exposed its pages to my photographic memory. | 我凑巧看到了 |
[02:56] | All communications between a psychiatrist and his patient carry the same level of confidentiality | 精神病学家与其患者之间的谈话内容 和律师与其委托人之间的谈话内容一样 |
[03:01] | as attorney/client privilege. | 是机密内容 |
[03:03] | Now, let’s leave the files and the appointment book where it belongs, please, | 现在,拜托你们把文件和预约记录都放回原处 |
[03:06] | and let’s concentrate on what can be removed. | 我们先来讨论一下什么东西可以挪动 |
[03:08] | Such as? | 比如说? 沙发上的垫子,让现场清理小组整理一下 |
[03:09] | The cushions from the couch. Have S.I.D. pack them up | 沙发上的垫子,让现场清理小组整理一下 |
[03:11] | and take them to Forensics, please. Thank you. | 然后带回鉴定科,谢谢 |
[03:13] | Yes, madam. | 是的,女士 |
[03:14] | Sergeant Gabriel. | Gabriel警官 |
[03:19] | Um, i was just wondering, | 嗯……我只是在想 |
[03:21] | is there, uh, a reward for reporting a murder? | 谋杀案报案有奖励吗? |
[03:23] | Yes. Thank you so much for serving your community. | 是的 非常感谢你为人民服务 |
[03:31] | I warned him. | 我警告过他 |
[03:33] | But he wanted to do the study. | 但他执意要做这项研究 |
[03:35] | What study? | 什么研究? |
[03:37] | It’s a clinical trial for a new antidepressant designed… | 是个临床实验 为一种新的抗抑郁药…… |
[03:42] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[03:46] | designed to treat drug addiction in teenagers. | 这种药是针对青少年吸毒者研制的 |
[03:50] | Alan took it up i think in part because i work with these children. | Alan提议的,我也参与了部分 因为我的工作就是面对这些孩子 |
[03:53] | In what capacity? | 你的工作是? |
[03:55] | I’m a psychiatrist also, | 我也是个精神病学者 |
[03:57] | working with juvenile offenders. | 主要研究青少年犯罪 |
[04:00] | Kids do crystal or X for a few days, | 这些孩子曾经短期服用过兴奋剂 |
[04:04] | they have a psychotic break and do something violent like this. | 精神崩溃,有暴力倾向 |
[04:09] | I told him to be careful, but he wanted to try to save these children. | 我告诉过他要小心一点 但他还是执意要救这些孩子 |
[04:14] | I felt selfish interfering. | 我这样干涉他有些自私 |
[04:17] | But i was right. | 但我是对的 |
[04:22] | The university had started up a clinical trial | 这所大学开始的这项临床实验 |
[04:25] | paid for by Curson pharmaceutical. | 是由Curson医药公司资助的 |
[04:27] | Enrolled over 2000 addicted teens. | 以2000多名吸毒上瘾的青少年作为实验对象 |
[04:30] | So we have a few suspects. | 所以我们有不少嫌疑犯喽 |
[04:32] | This new antidepressant’s supposed to keep kids | 这种新抗抑郁药的作用 |
[04:35] | from using drugs and relieve their anxiety. | 是要孩子们停止吸毒 并减轻他们的毒瘾 |
[04:39] | Well, it doesn’t seem to be working. | 看来没有起作用 |
[04:40] | Maybe because only half the kids got the medication. | 也许是因为仅仅只有一半的孩子接受了治疗 |
[04:43] | The rest, a control group, were on placebo. | 其他的孩子被分到“控制组” 只接受安慰剂治疗 |
[04:46] | And we can’t go through the doctor’s files, chief? | 长官,我们不能检查医生的档案吗? |
[04:48] | No. Not an option. | 不,不能 |
[04:50] | Well, cause if you ask me, | 嗯,因为如果你问我 |
[04:51] | i say the doer’s in those records. | 我会说:实干家就是这么做的 |
[04:53] | I mean, how are we supposed to narrow down the field if… | 我是说,我们干吗不缩小调查范围…… |
[04:54] | Excuse me, lieutenant Flynn. | 拜托,Flynn警官 |
[04:56] | How’s the clinical trial going? | 临床实验进行的怎么样? |
[04:58] | No news from the drug company. | 医药公司没有提供任何信息 |
[05:00] | But we found a civil suit brought against Curson | 不过我们发现一起民事诉讼案 |
[05:02] | and Dr. Rainey by a Mr. and Mrs. Hammond. | Hammond夫妇起诉Curson医药公司和Rainey博士 |
[05:05] | It says their son Cody, 16, died from side effects related to the medication. | 他们说自己16岁的儿子Cody 由于该临床治疗的副作用而死亡 |
[05:10] | But the case was thrown out of court. | 但起诉被驳回了 |
[05:12] | Well, that’s something. | 这个信息很有用 |
[05:13] | Look, i know you think this patient/doctor thing | 瞧,我知道你很尊重 |
[05:16] | is some kind of sacred cow, | 医生和病人之间的关系 |
[05:17] | but it’s a crime scene, | 但那可是谋杀现场啊 我认识一位法官 他可以理解我们采取的行动 |
[05:19] | and i know a judge who understands these things. | 我认识一位法官 他可以理解我们采取的行动 |
[05:21] | He can appoint a special master to look through Rainey’s files. | 他可以指派一位特派员 来查阅Rainey博士的档案 |
[05:23] | Thanks for your advice, lieutenant Flynn. | 谢谢你的建议,Flynn警官 |
[05:25] | What about campus security? Did Dr. Rainey file any complaints with them lately? | 校园的安全保卫工作怎么样? Rainey博士最近埋怨过吗? |
[05:29] | He helped evaluate these kids, maybe he had a confrontation with one of them. | 他曾经协助评价过这些孩子们 也许跟其中的某一位有冲突 |
[05:33] | Lieutenant Provenza, could you look into that, please? | Provenza副队长,你能查查这个吗? |
[05:36] | And detective Sanchez, will you follow up on their list of no-admits? | Sanchez警官,你能不能查查被“禁止进入”的名单? |
[05:39] | Detective Daniels, i want to know everything i can about the Hammonds and their son. | Daniels警官,我要你查查 所有有关Hammond夫妇及其儿子的事情 |
[05:42] | Lieutenant Flynn, phone dump. Find out who’s been calling him. | Flynn警官 查查谁最近给Rainey博士打过电话 |
[05:45] | Sergeant Gabriel, get to know our widow. | Gariel警官,你去和受害人妻子谈谈 |
[05:47] | Lieutenant Tao, i want to meet with Dr. Rainey’s colleagues on this clinical trial | 陶警官,我想见见 Rainey博士在这项临床实验过程中的同事 |
[05:50] | and as soon as possible, please. Thank you. | 拜托,请尽快安排 谢谢 |
[05:56] | If we move today, we can get the special master process rolling. | 如果我们今天就行动的话 我们可以马上启动特派员程序 |
[06:00] | Look, chief, i’m just trying to avoid | 瞧,头儿 我只是尽量避免 |
[06:03] | creating more tension in the squad than there is already, you know? | 造成更严重的紧张局势 咱们局里已经够紧张了 |
[06:06] | Yeah. Huh huh. | 是的 |
[06:08] | Look, here’s the problem you’re dealing with. | 瞧,有件事你要知道 |
[06:12] | Brenda went through an ethics inquiry | Brenda曾经接受过道德质询 |
[06:15] | when she was with the Atlanta P.D. | 在亚特兰大警局的时候 |
[06:17] | It’s made her a little extra careful about these things, | 所以她在这些事情上很小心 |
[06:20] | which is not always bad. | 这不总是坏事 |
[06:23] | Ethics inquiry, huh? | 道德质询? |
[06:25] | That doesn’t seem right. | 看不出来啊 |
[06:27] | She loves the rules. | 她很守规则的 |
[06:28] | Well, you know how unfair all that can be. | 你知道这个世界有多不公平 |
[06:31] | But, once bitten… | 但是,一朝被蛇咬…… |
[06:34] | She didn’t respond to your suggestion at all? | 她没理会你的建议吗? |
[06:38] | No. | 没有 |
[06:39] | Well, i found out a long time ago, | 我早就知道 |
[06:43] | a lot of this can just be in how Deputy Chief Johnson is approached. | 很多时候在于: 你是怎么向她提出建议的 |
[06:47] | Get the special master paperwork started. | 你先准备特派员程序的文件吧 |
[06:50] | I’ll talk to her. | 我跟她谈 |
[06:52] | And, uh, the business about the ethics inquiry, i’d appreciate it if that stays just between us. | 还有,嗯,有关道德质询的事情…… 如果你能保密,我会非常感激的 |
[06:57] | You got it, chief. | 明白,头儿 |
[06:58] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:05] | Uh, normally, when you test a drug like this, you do it in different stages, | 通常,当我们对此类药物进行测试的时候 我们会分阶段进行 |
[07:08] | but, in developing medication for adolescents, | 但如果是涉及青少年的治疗项目 |
[07:11] | which is my specialty, why Dr. Rainey included me in his study, | 这是我的专长 这也是为什么Rainey邀我参加这个项目 |
[07:16] | you conduct all 3 phases at once. | 我们是三阶段同时进行的 |
[07:18] | Because the kids are still growing, | 因为孩子们长的非常快 |
[07:20] | their bodies change a lot during the course of the trial. | 在实验的过程中 他们的身体会发生很大的变化 |
[07:22] | At least, that’s the scientific reason. | 医学上的理由是这样的 |
[07:25] | And how is the study going? | 研究进行的怎么样? |
[07:28] | Well, Alan, uh, Dr. Rainey, and i were disappointed. | Alan……我是说Rainey博士和我 对实验结果非常失望 |
[07:33] | For every kid who showed some benefit from the medication, | 尽管治疗对孩子们产生了一些积极的效果 |
[07:36] | there were reports of sleeplessness or aggression. | 但报告显示: 他们都出现了失眠或暴力的症状 |
[07:39] | And we discovered that if you abruptly withdrew the drug… | 而且我们发现,如果突然停药的话 |
[07:43] | it caused health risks. | 会导致其他健康问题 |
[07:45] | Such as convulsions, coma, and death. | 比如说:抽搐、昏迷,甚至死亡 |
[07:48] | You mean the Cody Hammond lawsuit, right. | 你指的是Hammond夫妇的那件诉讼案吧? |
[07:52] | That was awful. | 太糟了 |
[07:54] | After he died, i told Alan we should approach Curson | 那孩子死后 我告诉Alan我们应该和Curson公司联系 |
[07:57] | about shutting down the trial, which he did. | 跟他们说停止实验,Alan确实这样做了 |
[08:00] | They wouldn’t even discuss it. | 但Curson公司不愿理会 |
[08:02] | Oh, i’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:04] | One of the great things about specializing in adolescents | 专长研究青少年 所产生的最大一个问题就是: |
[08:06] | is answering text messages all day. | 你要不停回短信 |
[08:10] | Can i still… | 我能继续问吗…… |
[08:11] | Oh, yeah, yeah. Sure. Fine. | 哦,当然 |
[08:13] | Would it cost a lot of money to shut the study down? | 如果停止研究,会损失很多钱吧? |
[08:17] | Uh, well, there’d be a big delay in the approval process. | 嗯,会在药物申请程序上造成延误 |
[08:20] | They’d have to start another trial. | 他们就不得不重新实验了 |
[08:21] | So, yeah, i mean, it could end up costing Curson maybe $100 million. | 是的,会给Curson公司带来大概1亿美元的损失 |
[08:28] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:30] | So what happens to the study now? | 那么现在研究的进展怎么样了? |
[08:35] | Not sure. | 还不清楚 |
[08:37] | I suggested that it at least be put on hold, but Curson refused. | 我建议至少先暂停实验 但Curson公司拒绝了 |
[08:43] | Do you have any idea who would have done this to Dr. Rainey? | 你知道 谁有可能谋杀Rainey博士吗? |
[08:46] | It seems too over the top, doesn’t it, i mean, for it to have been someone from the drug company? | 如果是医药公司的某个人的话 这也太离谱了吧? |
[08:52] | Doesn’t it? | 你说呢? |
[08:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:59] | Oh. Are we early? | 我们来早了? |
[09:00] | Listen, i’ll be with you guys in a minute. | 一会儿就好 |
[09:06] | Sorry, it’s my group therapy session. | 抱歉,是我的小组治疗会 |
[09:08] | Oh. It’s part of the study. | 是研究的一部分 |
[09:10] | Right. | 好的 |
[09:12] | Seeing them together generates a lot of fast data. | 把他们聚在一起进行观察 可以得到很多第一手的资料 |
[09:15] | You know, my storage system leaves a little something to be desired. | 你知道,我的资料库 还需要补充一些东西 |
[09:19] | Oh, it looks like mine. | 哦,跟我的差不多 |
[09:21] | I just moved here and i’ve got all these boxes and i can’t seem to get them unpacked. | 我刚搬来此地 我的箱子也有这么多 还没打开呢 |
[09:27] | Well, sometimes when we make big life changes, we’re not ready to make them real. | 是啊,有时当生活发生大变化时 我们总是不太适应 |
[09:31] | For whatever reason. | 天晓得是为什么 |
[09:33] | Sorry. My group showed up and i just slipped into shrink mode. | 抱歉,我的组员一来 我职业病就犯了 |
[09:38] | I bring that out in people. | 我理解 |
[09:39] | Um, so, who would i talk to at the drug company to get the ball rolling here? | 嗯,那么,如果我跟医药公司谈此事 该和谁谈? |
[09:45] | I am the co-founder and director of research for Curson. | 我是Curson公司研究中心的 创始人之一和董事长 |
[09:50] | There is no going over my head! | 我没有上级了 |
[09:52] | There’s always your board of directors, Dr. Dawson. | Dawson博士,总有董事会吧 |
[09:54] | I’d appreciate it if you could lower your voice just a little bit. | 如果你能小点声…… 我会非常感激的 |
[09:57] | Listen, lady, you want to get your name in the papers, great. Go catch criminals, | 听着,女士 你想让自己出名 很好,那就抓住罪犯 |
[10:01] | but leave my company alone. | 少管我公司的事 |
[10:05] | Got some breaking news. | 特大消息 |
[10:07] | I think we may have found the chink | 我想我找到 |
[10:09] | in our chief’s armor-plated wonder bra. | 咱们这位副警长“盔甲”胸罩上的“裂缝”了 |
[10:12] | – What? It’s just an expression. – Meaning? | 怎么了? 这只是个修辞手法而已 你的意思是? |
[10:14] | Meaning that our little miss do-it-by-the-book here | 我是说,我们这位照章办事的女士 |
[10:17] | came to our department after a major ethics inquiry in Atlanta. | 在亚特兰大接受过道德质询 然后才调来咱们局的 |
[10:22] | How about that? | 你觉得怎么样? |
[10:23] | Tao, i’m going to need your help with this. | 陶,你得帮帮我 |
[10:25] | How? | 怎么帮? |
[10:26] | While my competitors are busy growing hair | 我的竞争对手正忙于研制 |
[10:30] | and sending blood to your crotch, | 增发剂和壮阳药的时候 |
[10:32] | i have been working to save humanity. Humanity! | 我正在努力拯救人的性命 人命! |
[10:36] | Look, all i’m asking for you to do is release the names of the young people who.. | 瞧,我要求你做的仅仅是…… 公布这些孩子的名字 |
[10:39] | Look, i am not going to confuse you | 瞧,我并不想用一堆专业术语 |
[10:42] | with a lot of technical terms | 把你搞糊涂 |
[10:44] | like double-blind and objective abstracts. | 比如什么“双盲实验”啦、“客观摘要”啦等等 |
[10:47] | all you need to know | 你需要知道的是 如果我告诉你这些孩子的名字 我的研究就毁了 |
[10:48] | is that giving you these names destroys my study, | 如果我告诉你这些孩子的名字 我的研究就毁了 |
[10:51] | and then it’s going to be another 4 to 5 years | 我需要再多花4到5年的时间 |
[10:53] | before i can bring that medication to market. | 才能把药投放市场 |
[10:56] | Couldn’t Dr. Rainey have caused the same delay by publishing the negative results of his research? | Rainey博士如果公布实验的负面作用 是不是也可以造成同样的延误? 你在暗示什么? |
[11:02] | What are you implying? | 我并不想用些专业术语来把你搞糊涂 |
[11:03] | I don’t want to confuse you with technical terms like suspect and motives. | 比如“嫌疑犯”啦、“动机”啦等等 我只是想跟你解释 |
[11:07] | I’m just going to explain that i’m looking for a bad guy who killed someone, | 我正在找一个谋杀犯 |
[11:11] | and i’m beginning to think that you’ll do. | 我开始怀疑你了 |
[11:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:16] | Now you listen to me, you little bitch. | 现在你听我讲,你这个贱女人 |
[11:18] | If the L.A.P.D. does anything to threaten | 如果洛杉矶警察局作任何事情 |
[11:22] | the viability of these clinical trials, | 威胁到了临床实验的进行 |
[11:25] | i will see to it personally that you are destroyed. | 我个人敢保证你会完蛋的 |
[11:31] | Is that what you did to Dr. Rainey? | 你就是这么对待Rainey博士的吧? |
[11:47] | Here we go. Atlanta Sun news, | 就是这个,《亚特兰大太阳报》 |
[11:50] | “Captain Brenda Leigh Johnson, | “Brenda Leigh Johnson警长停职” |
[11:52] | currently on leave pending investigation.” | “目前正接受调查” |
[11:55] | Look at that. Look at that. | 瞧瞧啊,瞧瞧啊 |
[11:57] | “Alleged sexual misconduct.” | “由于不正当的性关系” |
[11:59] | Let me see. | 我看看 |
[12:00] | “Matter referred to internal affairs. | 我看看 “正由内务部进行调查” |
[12:02] | Johnson not available for comment.” | “Johnson不愿做任何解释” |
[12:05] | Well, it doesn’t say what she did. | 没有具体说她做过什么啊 |
[12:06] | Oh, come on. You’re not defending her. | 哦,拜托,你不是在维护她吧? |
[12:09] | What, admit it, guys. | 承认吧,伙计们 |
[12:11] | Hasn’t she dropped just a couple of notches in your estimation? | 她在你们心中的形象大打折扣了吧? |
[12:14] | Nah. She’s gone up a couple of notches in my imagination. | 嗯,实际上,她在我心中的想象反而上升了 |
[12:17] | So what are we doing? | 你们在干什么? |
[12:28] | The phone dump from Rainey’s office showed | Rainey博士办公室的电话记录显示 |
[12:30] | Cody Hammond’s parents logged an average of 5 calls a day up until a week ago. | Cody Hammond的父母平均每天打5个电话 直到一个星期之前 |
[12:36] | It’s got to be about what happened to their son. | 是关于他们儿子的死 |
[12:38] | Ok. You set up there? | 好的,你安排询问了吗? |
[12:40] | Yeah, but i had to make it sound like Cody and Dr. Rainey’s deaths were linked somehow. | 是的,但我的语气使他们觉得 Cody和Rainey博士的死有某种关系 |
[12:45] | They’re home this afternoon. | 他们今天下午会在家的 |
[12:46] | Ok. | 好的 |
[12:47] | One thing kind of interesting. | 还有件事情很有趣 |
[12:49] | Rainey’s last call before he died, | Rainey博士临死前最后一通电话 |
[12:51] | to the police for, like, 5 seconds, | 是打给警察的,有5秒钟 |
[12:53] | but the log shows very few calls from the kids. | 但记录显示,孩子们打给他的电话很少 |
[12:58] | There were some, though? | 嗯,你列出来了? |
[12:59] | Yeah. Small list. Good luck with it. | 是的,名单很短,祝你好运 |
[13:02] | Campus police gave us the name of a boy Dr. Rainey kicked out of the study. | 校园保安提供了一个男孩的名字 Rainey博士把他赶出了研究小组 |
[13:06] | He was put on the no admit list, | 他被列在了“禁止入内”的名单上 |
[13:08] | but he showed up on the security camera the day of the murder. | 但谋杀前一天 在监控录像上看到这个男孩了 |
[13:11] | Eric Placton. | 男孩名字是Eric Placton |
[13:12] | All right. Let’s get him in here. See what he has to say. | 好的,把他带过来 听听他说什么 |
[13:15] | Sergeant Gabriel, would you come with me, please? | Gariel警官,拜托你过来一下好吗? |
[13:21] | – Brenda. – Yes. | 是的 |
[13:22] | Need a minute. | 是的 跟你谈一分钟 |
[13:23] | Gabriel, why don’t you go? Away. | Gariel,你干吗不……先走开一会呢? |
[13:28] | Curson pharmaceuticals’ legal team is coming after us, | Curson医药公司的法律顾问找上门了 |
[13:32] | and i think it’s time to get creative. | 我也许该另想办法了 |
[13:34] | Lieutenant Flynn reminded me about the possibility | Flynn警官提醒我 |
[13:37] | of going through Dr. Rainey’s files | 也许可以查查Rainey博士的档案 |
[13:38] | via the special master process. | 通过特派员程序 |
[13:40] | He’s done all the paper work, and i’d like you, | 他已经准备好申请文件了 |
[13:43] | at your convenience, to listen to his idea about how this might work. | 另外,如果你方便的话 我希望你听听他的意见,也许有用 |
[13:46] | Well, there’s no time like the present. | 好吧,现在正是时候 |
[13:48] | Lieutenant Flynn, let’s talk it through. | Flynn警官,我们就来谈谈好了 |
[13:50] | There you go. | 去吧 |
[13:52] | The approach. | 注意方式 |
[13:56] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[14:04] | I should like to state as emphatically as i can | 我想强调一下 |
[14:07] | how unhappy i am that you went over my head. | 你越级打小报告,我很不高兴 |
[14:10] | This idea of yours is a no-go, | 你的意见目前不宜采纳 |
[14:12] | because i don’t like waiting around for 2 months while a judge determines exactly | 因为我不想等上2个月 让法官考虑 |
[14:16] | what a special master can do in this case and then maybe lose the hearing. | 要不要指定一位特派员 况且到时还可能被听证会驳回 |
[14:20] | However, if we find ourselves reduced | 不过,如果我发现 |
[14:23] | to pursuing alternatives of a dubious legal nature | 不得不另找办法 |
[14:26] | or should the sun explode, | 又或者哪天太阳爆炸了 |
[14:28] | i promise to reconsider your suggestion. | 我保证会重新考虑你的提议 |
[14:31] | Meanwhile, i expect you to get the kids from the phone dump into this office for interviews. | 另外,我希望 你把那些电话记录中 曾涉及的孩子叫过来询问一下 |
[14:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:41] | Whatever you say, madam. | 您说什么都行,女士 |
[14:48] | Sergeant Gabriel. | Gariel警官 |
[14:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:52] | So, uh… can we talk about something here for a second? | 那么……我们能谈一会儿吗? |
[14:56] | What? | 什么? |
[14:57] | Uh, well, it’s got to do with… | 这件事其实和道德…… |
[15:00] | Ethics and i was just wondering if there was any… | 我只是在想有没有可能…… |
[15:03] | I know what you’re going to say, sergeant Gabriel. | 我知道你要说什么,Gariel警官 |
[15:05] | You do? | 你知道? 是的,我们在路上谈吧 |
[15:06] | Yes, and let’s just discuss it and get it out of the way. | 你知道? 是的,我们在路上谈吧 |
[15:08] | Well, i mean, maybe it’s none of my business.. | 我是说,也许不关我的事…… |
[15:10] | Oh, of course, it’s your business. We work together. | 当然和你有关,我们一起工作呀 |
[15:12] | True, but only if you feel like talking about it. | 当然,不过如果你想谈的话 |
[15:15] | Here’s the truth. | 事实就是如此 |
[15:16] | In reality, nothing would please me more | 实际上,我也愿意 |
[15:18] | than to go into Dr. Rainey’s office and examine his files, get the names of the teenagers | 进入Rainey博士的办公室 检查他的档案 找到那些涉及实验的孩子们的名字 |
[15:23] | in that study or find proof that Dr. Dawson and his drug company were trying to | 或者找到证据证明 Dawson博士和他的医药公司 |
[15:27] | manipulate the data to gain approval for his new medication, but, and here’s the problem, | 意图伪造数据,以便药物申请被批准 但,问题是…… |
[15:31] | and it’s not just an issue of ethics. | 这不仅仅是道德问题 |
[15:34] | It’s an issue of logic. | 是个逻辑问题 |
[15:36] | If Dr. Rainey’s files are so important, | 如果Rainey博士的档案真的那么重要 |
[15:39] | that.. what? | 怎么了? |
[15:41] | Now then, you’re talking about the case? | 你是在说案子的事吗? |
[15:44] | What did you think i was talking about? | 你以为我在说什么? |
[15:46] | Uh, that’s it. I’m following you, if the files are so important, | 啊,没什么,我听着呢 如果那些档案真的那么重要…… |
[15:50] | then why are they still in the victim’s office? | 为什么还在受害人的办公室里? |
[15:52] | I’m sorry. What are you… | 抱歉,你是说…… |
[15:54] | If Dr. Rainey’s files could tell us who murdered him, | 如果Rainey博士的档案 能告诉我们谁杀了他 |
[15:57] | then why didn’t the killer take them? | 那凶手为什么不拿走呢? |
[16:01] | That’s a very interesting question. | 这个问题很有意思 |
[16:02] | And one we don’t have the answer to. | 我们还不知道为什么 |
[16:04] | So while lieutenant Flynn gets all bent out of shape with me, | 所以,Flynn警官找我麻烦的时候 |
[16:08] | i want to find out who’s all bent out of shape with Dr. Rainey. | 我想的是:谁要找Rainey博士的麻烦 |
[16:11] | For example… | 比如说…… |
[16:12] | the parents of Cody Hammond. | 比如说…… Cody Hammond的父母 |
[16:13] | Right. | Cody Hammond的父母 没错 |
[16:14] | They called it complications. | 他们说是并发症 |
[16:16] | I called it murder. | 可叫我说,这是谋杀 |
[16:19] | And i even said it in court. | 我在法庭就是这么说的 |
[16:23] | The judge said i was out of order. | 法官说我是情绪失常 |
[16:25] | That bastard Rainey | 那个混蛋Rainey |
[16:28] | turned him into a guinea pig and then let him die. | 把我儿子当成豚鼠做实验 然后让他死去 |
[16:32] | And did the medication help at all? | 药物治疗一点都没有作用吗? |
[16:34] | At first we saw some good changes. | 一开始,我们看到了一些好的变化 |
[16:37] | We were happy he wasn’t on the placebo. | 我们曾经很庆幸 没有被分到安慰剂治疗组 |
[16:39] | He stopped disappearing on weekends. | 他几个星期都没有犯毒瘾 |
[16:42] | It was like we were a family again. | 我们又象一家人了 |
[16:46] | You said Dr. Rainey let him die? | 你说Rainey博士让他死的? |
[16:49] | The medication started to make him sick, | 后来他开始觉得恶心 |
[16:54] | and the doctors just took him off the pills. | 那些医生仅仅是让他停药而已 |
[17:00] | 12 hours later… | 12小时以后…… 12小时以后…… |
[17:08] | He said he was tired | 我儿子说他很累 |
[17:10] | and he said he was dizzy. | 他说头很晕 |
[17:11] | Then he started shaking, couldn’t stop. | 然后开始不停的发抖 |
[17:14] | I called an ambulance | 我叫了救护车 |
[17:15] | and while we were waiting for it to get here, | 救护车还在路上的时候 |
[17:19] | Cody had a seizure. | Cody又发作了 |
[17:21] | When the paramedics arrived, | 等救护人员到达时 |
[17:24] | my son was lying dead by the dining room table. | 我儿子已经死了,就在饭桌旁边 |
[17:35] | But none of that matters, | 反正你也不会在乎 |
[17:38] | cause you didn’t come here | 因为你到这里来 |
[17:39] | to investigate what happened to Cody anyway. | 不是来调查Cody为什么死的 |
[17:44] | Did you? | 我说的没错吧? |
[17:57] | We signed the agreement to give Cody the medication. | 我们签了协议 让他们为Cody治疗 |
[18:01] | We were desperate that he get well. | 他开始好转的时候我们很高兴 |
[18:04] | And we let Dr. Rainey and the drug company kill him. | 是我们让Rainey博士和医药公司杀死他的 |
[18:09] | And they get away with it | 然后他们就一走了之 |
[18:10] | and just go on with the rest of their lives. | 继续过自己的日子 |
[18:16] | Not Dr. Rainey. | Rainey博士不能继续过自己的日子了 |
[18:20] | And not Cody. | Cody也一样 |
[18:31] | Lieutenant, what’s all this? | 警官,这是怎么回事? |
[18:33] | Oh, uh… Didn’t you hear? | 嗯……你没听说吗? |
[18:35] | It’s bring a juvenile offender to work day. | 今天是“青少年犯罪工作日” |
[18:38] | Oh, and i left my kids at home. | 哦,我怎么把我的孩子放在家了呢 |
[18:41] | Miss atlan… | 亚特兰大小姐…… |
[18:43] | I mean, Deputy Chief Johnson, | 我是说……副警长Johnson |
[18:45] | decided that before we delve into this whole special master business, | 决定在申请特派员程序之前 |
[18:48] | she wanted us to interview as many kids from the drug trial | 让我们尽量询问进行临床实验的那些孩子 |
[18:51] | as we could put names to. | 能找到名字的那些 |
[18:53] | So instead of going through the victims’ files… | 而不是查阅受害者的档案 |
[18:56] | Yeah, we’re filling up the joint with teenage junkies. | 我们正在询问这些青少年吸毒者 |
[19:00] | Well, i’ll have another talk with Deputy Chief Johnson. | 好吧,我会再跟副警长Johnson谈谈 |
[19:03] | Uh, no, no. | 哦,不,不 |
[19:04] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,头儿 |
[19:05] | I’m pursuing a different angle with her, | 谢谢你,头儿 我跟她的看法不同 |
[19:08] | and i’d like the opportunity to give that a shot. | 我想按照自己的思路查查 |
[19:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:12] | – Let me know if you need me. – Thank you. | -如果有什么需要,就跟我说 -谢谢 |
[19:14] | – Sergeant. – Chief. | -警官 -头儿 |
[19:15] | She’s bringing in Dr. Jerome to observe, | 她把Jerome博士带来了 |
[19:17] | so you’re almost ready, sir? | 那么,你准备好了? |
[19:19] | Sir, huh? What, you want to borrow money? | 怎么了,你想借钱吗? |
[19:21] | Yeah, look, i brought in all the names | 瞧,我把电话记录上所有涉及的孩子都带来了 |
[19:23] | from the phone dump, like she asked. | 如她所愿 |
[19:25] | Plus some high school junior Dr. Rainey put on | 另外还有那个高中生 |
[19:28] | the university no-admit list for dealing pot, Eric Placton. | 被Rainey博士列在“禁止入内”名单上的 |
[19:31] | Mr. Placton was a little more reluctant to stop by. | Placton先生有点不乐意过来 |
[19:35] | Put Sanchez through hell. | 可是让Sanchez费了不少工夫 |
[19:37] | So… You’re welcome. | 所以……不用谢 |
[19:42] | Hey, lieutenant. | 嗨,队长 |
[19:44] | It’s what she wanted, not me. | 这是她要求的,不是我要求的 |
[19:47] | Yeah? | 真的吗? |
[19:50] | Well, you keep telling yourself that, Gabriel, | Gariel,你对自己多说几遍 |
[19:52] | and maybe it’ll begin to sound believable. | 可能听起来会可信一些 |
[20:04] | Schiller family, please follow me. | Schiller一家,请跟我过来 |
[20:08] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[20:10] | Make yourself comfortable. | 你们尽管随便点 |
[20:15] | Chief called, said we should start the interviews right away. | 头儿打来电话 让我们尽快开始询问 |
[20:17] | What happened to you? | 怎么回事? |
[20:19] | We had a runner. | 抓到个逃跑的 |
[20:21] | And i don’t run. | 我没跑 |
[20:25] | It was hard getting her out of the study. | 她退出实验挺困难的 |
[20:27] | The doctors had to slowly lower her dosage until they felt safe letting her go. | 医生必须逐渐减少她的药物用量 在确信安全之后,才让她退出实验 |
[20:32] | Why’d you drop out? | 为什么退出? |
[20:34] | Mother wanted me in rehab. | 妈妈希望我进行复健治疗 |
[20:36] | I tested positive for pot! | 我的尿检是阳性的! |
[20:39] | So Dr. Rainey kicked you out of the study. | 所以Rainey博士把你踢出实验组了 |
[20:41] | It’s a program for drug-abusing kids. | 这个项目本来就是针对滥用毒品的孩子 |
[20:42] | I didn’t care. I was getting the placebo anyway. | 我才不在乎呢 反正我接受安慰剂治疗了 |
[20:44] | You didn’t care? | 你不在乎? |
[20:46] | He had to call security to get you to leave. | 他不得不叫来保卫请你离开 |
[20:48] | He yelled at me, i yelled back. | 他冲我喊了 所以我也冲他喊了 |
[20:50] | But you were calling Dr. Rainey almost every day for a while. | 但是有一阵儿 你几乎天天给Rainey博士打电话 |
[20:53] | Were you mad at him? | 你对他很生气吧? |
[20:56] | No. | 不是 |
[20:57] | I just wanted back in the drug trial. | 我只是想重新参加临床实验 |
[21:00] | So why did you keep coming back on campus? Why did you keep calling him? | 那么你为什么老是回校园? 还不断打电话给他? |
[21:03] | Dude, i was selling, ok? | 伙计,我在卖毒品,好了吧? |
[21:05] | Rainey put me on a no-admit list. I wanted off. | Rainey博士把我列入“禁止入内”的名单 我想让他删掉我的名字 |
[21:07] | I’m a dealer. | 我是个毒贩子 他这样做,我就没法做生意了 |
[21:08] | He made it hard for me to do business. | 他这样做,我就没法做生意了 |
[21:12] | Oh, so you had a problem with him? | 那么,你跟他有过节喽? |
[21:16] | I never had a problem with the medicine. | 我从没发现药物有问题 |
[21:18] | No side effects. | 没有副作用 |
[21:20] | It completely changed my life. | 完全改变了我的生活 |
[21:22] | She’s stayed drug-free. | 她现在不吸毒了 |
[21:24] | We don’t see the depression anymore. | 也不再消沉了 |
[21:27] | She’s even started dating again. | 她甚至重新开始约会了 |
[21:29] | I’m not ready to talk about that yet, mother. | 我不想谈这个,妈妈 |
[21:30] | You knifed another boy. | 你用刀了刺了另一个男孩 |
[21:32] | I got pissed off at this kid. I was high. | 是他把我惹火的 我气疯了 |
[21:35] | Somebody must’ve pulled some strings for this boy, | 这孩子背后一定有什么人在幕后操纵 |
[21:37] | because we weed out kids like him. | 因为我们不会把他选为实验对象的 |
[21:39] | I mean, he should never have been in the study at all. | 我是说,他压根就不该在这个实验当中 |
[21:40] | The day Rainey died, campus security caught you on tape. | Rainey博士死那天 校园警卫在监控录像上看见你了 |
[21:44] | I sneak in every day. | 我每天都溜进去 |
[21:46] | I go where my customers are. | 我的买家在学校里面 |
[21:48] | Dr. Rainey didn’t want me to see my boyfriend anymore, either. | Rainey博士希望我不要见我的男朋友 |
[21:51] | What did Dr. Rainey have against your boyfriend? | Rainey博士对你男朋友有什么意见吗? |
[21:53] | When you’re that old, you forget, i think, | 可能象她那个年纪的人 |
[21:56] | what it’s like to be in love. | 不知道什么叫做坠入爱河吧 |
[21:58] | And the wonderful thing is, | 最棒的是 |
[22:00] | if he hadn’t put me in the study, | 如果他没有让我加入那个实验 |
[22:03] | i wouldn’t even have known how to care about someone else. | 我甚至都不知道怎么去关心别人 瞧瞧啊 |
[22:08] | This medication changed my life. | 这项药物治疗完全改变了我的生活 |
[22:11] | So are you going to hold me? How’s this going to go? | 你们要抓我吗? |
[22:13] | You never read me my rights. You don’t got crap on drug charges. | 你们打算干吗? 你还没向我宣读我的权利呢 你们没有证据告我贩毒 |
[22:19] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[22:21] | We’ll be back in a minute. | 我们一会儿就回来 |
[22:25] | Why don’t you just sit here and wait, | 你就坐在这儿等着 |
[22:26] | you little freak. | 你这个小变态 |
[22:30] | Dr. Rainey’s wife warned her husband about kids like Eric. | Rainey博士的妻子 曾向他警告过象Eric这样的男孩 |
[22:33] | Well, Leah Rainey works with juvenile offenders. | Leah Rainey的工作对象就是这些青少年犯 |
[22:35] | I mean, she sees the worst kids in the city. | 我是说,她见过这座城市最坏的孩子 |
[22:41] | Lord have mercy. | 瞧瞧 |
[22:41] | Dr. Jerome, could you please wait outside for me in the hallway? | 瞧瞧 Jerome博士,你能在外面走廊等我一会儿吗? |
[22:45] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[22:47] | There oughta be a law. | 应该有规定 |
[22:48] | You all look like a bunch of dentists in a strip club. | 你们看起来象脱衣舞俱乐部的一群牙医! |
[22:50] | Out! Out! | 出去!出去! |
[22:53] | And if you can’t book our little drug dealer on possession, get him out of here. | 如果不能以藏毒罪告他 就把他放了 |
[23:01] | She’s 16 years old! | 她才16岁! |
[23:03] | Ok, ok. | 好吧,好吧 |
[23:05] | I’m so ashamed. | 我很惭愧 |
[23:24] | Any updates on our ethics inquiry? | 那个道德质询,有什么新消息吗? |
[23:27] | Three georgia newspapers, big fat headlines, | 有三份乔治亚州的报纸报道了 头条新闻 |
[23:31] | “Sexual misconduct” in bold print, | 用粗体字写着:“不正当性关系” |
[23:34] | but no specifics. | 但没有细节 |
[23:36] | That sucks. | 真没劲 |
[23:37] | Here. | 这儿 |
[23:40] | I’m gonna shoot this to a buddy of mine at the metro section. | 我要把这个消息告诉我在都市版的一个好友 |
[23:44] | You’re e-mailing a reporter? | 你要给记者发电子邮件? |
[23:46] | Hey, you wanna dig through the dirt, get yourself a worm. | 嗨,要想知道详情 就得打破沙锅问到底 |
[23:52] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[24:12] | Fritz! | |
[24:13] | Here you go. | 你看 |
[24:16] | It’s lovely. | 真漂亮 乔迁新居的祝贺礼物 |
[24:17] | It’s a little house-warming present. | 乔迁新居的祝贺礼物 |
[24:21] | Ah, well, see, now i’m embarrassed. | 我现在很尴尬 |
[24:23] | It doesn’t go with your boxes. | 它跟你的箱子不大相称 |
[24:28] | You forgot, didn’t you? | 你是不是忘了? |
[24:30] | What? | 什么? |
[24:31] | We’re going to the movies tonight. | 我们今晚要去看电影的 |
[24:34] | Right. Oh, no. | 哦,对,不 |
[24:36] | I, uh, i remembered that. I just.. | 我记得的,我只是…… |
[24:38] | forgot to call and cancel. | 忘给你打电话说不去了 |
[24:41] | You must have a case the F.B.I. can’t help you with, huh? | 你一定碰上了联邦调查局也帮不了的案子了? |
[24:43] | Oh, you sound mad. | 你生气了 |
[24:45] | I’m mad a little. | 没错,有那么一点儿 |
[24:47] | Oh, look, you know… | 哦,你知道…… |
[24:49] | This has nothing to do with the fact i just gave you a beautiful, rare, expensive plant, | 我送了一盆漂亮的 很少见的、很贵的花 |
[24:53] | and you forgot i was coming. | 可你忘了我要来了 不过这没关系 |
[24:55] | You make it sound so awful. | 你这么一说,更让人害怕了 |
[24:57] | I just like you, Brenda, but i don’t want to force things. | 我只是喜欢你,Brenda 不过我不想强迫你 |
[24:59] | I don’t want to pressure you. | 我不想给你压力 |
[25:02] | You know, like.. | 你知道的,就象…… |
[25:04] | i mean, do you ever even go to the movies? | 我是说,你曾经去看过电影吗? |
[25:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:09] | How long ago was “Fried Green Tomatoes”? | 油炸绿西红柿是多久以前的事? |
[25:12] | You see, that’s what i mean. I don’t want to put you through something you don’t want to do, | 你瞧,你明白我意思了吧 我不想让你做自己不喜欢的事情 |
[25:16] | like dating, so, look, if this is gonna be it, then that’s.. that’s fine. | 比如约会啦 所以,如果你希望这样 没有关系 |
[25:21] | It’ll be this. | 就这样好了 我们就做朋友好了 |
[25:22] | We’ll agree to be friends. | 我们就做朋友好了 |
[25:24] | Ok? | 好吗? |
[25:26] | Friends. | 朋友 |
[25:29] | Ok. | 好的 |
[25:30] | Friends. This is good. | 朋友,很好 |
[25:46] | Excuse me just one minute. | 等等 |
[25:50] | Oh, sergeant Gabriel. | 哦,Gariel警官 |
[25:53] | Really? When? | 真的吗?什么时候? |
[25:55] | Are you sure that it was Dr. Jerome’s office and not Dr. Rainey’s? | 你确定是Jerome博士的办公室 而不是Rainey博士的办公室? |
[26:00] | Which files did he say were stolen? | 他有没有说什么档案被偷了? |
[26:03] | How far away are you? | 你现在在哪儿? |
[26:12] | Sergeant Gabriel, this is special agent Fritz Howard, F.B.I. | Gariel警官 这是联邦调查局探员Fritz Howard |
[26:16] | Dave Gabriel. | 我是Dave Gariel 那么…… |
[26:17] | So, um… | 那么…… |
[26:19] | Sorry, we’ll just pick up in a few days, | 抱歉,我们就查几天 |
[26:22] | and, um…I’ll call you. | 嗯……我会给你打电话的 |
[26:24] | Ok. | 好的 |
[26:26] | Oh. Right. | 哦,好吧 |
[26:28] | So we’re all going now? | 我们现在走吗? 对,我们现在就走 |
[26:29] | Yes, we’re all going. | 对,我们现在就走 |
[26:32] | Well, thank you, chief. | 谢谢你,警长 |
[26:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 很高兴见到你,警官 |
[26:36] | Nice to meet you, sergeant. | 很高兴见到你,警官 |
[26:37] | Special agent Howard. | 联邦探员Howard |
[26:39] | Chief. | 警长 |
[26:45] | If i didn’t have so much child support to pay, | 如果我不是要支付看管孩子的保姆费 |
[26:46] | they could screw this overtime bullshit. | 他们想让我怎么加班都行 |
[26:49] | I’m not kidding. | 我没开玩笑 |
[26:51] | The door’s clean and the windows haven’t been touched. | 门和窗户都没破 |
[26:53] | There’s no forcible entry. | 没有强行进入的迹象 |
[26:54] | The chief wants a complete S.I.D. work-up anyway. | 警长让我们作个彻底的现场清理 |
[27:00] | They didn’t just make off with the records for the clinical trials. | 他们不仅偷走了临床实验的全部记录 |
[27:02] | They also took my book proposal, my laptop… | 还拿走了我的提议书,我的笔记本电脑…… |
[27:05] | Don’t touch anything. | 别碰任何东西 |
[27:06] | Please, doctor. | 求你了,博士 |
[27:07] | What happens to the study now? | 现在研究进行的怎样了? |
[27:09] | Well, Curson has copies of all our work, | Curson公司有工作进程的副本 |
[27:11] | and now they have real exclusivity on the data. | 现在只有他们有数据了 |
[27:14] | I mean, unless i could get permission to take Alan’s files, | 我是说,除非我能看看Alan的档案 |
[27:16] | they’ll just get someone else to write the abstract | 不然他们会找别人来写实验摘要 |
[27:18] | and make their antidepressant sound like the second coming or something. | 把他们的抗抑郁药大夸特夸一番 |
[27:24] | Tell me, Miss Johnson, why would one of the kids do this to me? | Johnson女士,告诉我 那个孩子会这么对待我呢? |
[27:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:28] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:30] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[27:44] | Can i help you, madam? | 我能帮你吗,女士? 是的,今晚有谁来过吗? |
[27:45] | Yes. Has anyone come this way tonight? | 是的,今晚有谁来过吗? |
[27:48] | No, madam, not a soul. | 没有,女士,鬼影也没一个 |
[28:08] | Did you do your homework on Dr. Rainey’s wife? | 你有没有查过Rainey博士的妻子? |
[28:10] | Yes, madam. | 有的 明早第一件事 就是要再跟她谈谈 |
[28:11] | We need to talk to her again first thing in the morning. | 明早第一件事 就是要再跟她谈谈 |
[28:26] | Hi, Dr. Rainey. Thank you for seeing me. | 嗨,Rainey博士,谢谢你 |
[28:28] | I’ll try to make this as painless as possible. | 我尽量不让您感到难过 |
[28:31] | I appreciate that. Thank you. | 谢谢,非常感谢 |
[28:34] | I just have a couple questions. | 只问几个问题 |
[28:37] | Are you familiar with the name Cody Hammond? | 你熟悉Cody Hammond这个名字吗? |
[28:40] | Ordinarily i wouldn’t be. | 通常来讲,我是不知道的 |
[28:42] | Alan never violated a patient’s confidentiality, | Alan从来不泄漏患者的资料 |
[28:45] | but there was a lawsuit, so, yes. | 不过这涉及一起诉讼,是的,我知道 |
[28:48] | And your husband never called the Hammonds when their son died? | Hammond夫妇的儿子死后 你丈夫从没打过电话吗? |
[28:52] | He wanted to. He was counseled against it by the insurance company. | 他本来想打的 但保险公司不让他那么做 |
[28:55] | Malpractice issues. | 这涉及玩忽职守罪 |
[28:57] | Nowadays just saying you’re sorry for someone’s loss | 现在这年头,别人有了损失 你仅仅说一句很抱歉 |
[29:00] | can be construed as an admission of guilt. | 也会被当成是认罪的 |
[29:03] | Right. I see. | 没错,我明白 |
[29:04] | How you holding up? You ok? | 你怎么样?还好吧? |
[29:06] | Yes. Thanks for asking. | 是的,谢谢你的关心 |
[29:08] | You mentioned confidentiality | 你提到过患者的秘密 |
[29:10] | and how your husband would never break it, | 你丈夫从来没泄漏过 |
[29:12] | but can you think of any reason he might have? | 有什么原因可能导致他泄密吗? |
[29:15] | A legal reason? | 比如说法律上的原因? 向当局泄密? |
[29:16] | To the authorities? | 向当局泄密? |
[29:17] | Easily, yes. | 有的 |
[29:19] | For example, working with teenagers, | 打个比方,同青少年在一起工作 |
[29:20] | i frequently uncover cases involving sex with a minor | 我经常发现一些未成年人性行为的案例 |
[29:24] | or child molestation. | 或者性骚扰儿童的案例 我有义务向当局进行汇报 |
[29:25] | I’m required to report those. | 我有义务向当局进行汇报 |
[29:28] | But there are other exceptions, too. | 但也有别的情况 |
[29:30] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[29:32] | If a patient admits that they are planning to commit a serious felony | 但如果患者承认准备实施重罪 |
[29:36] | like murder, privilege goes away. | 比如谋杀,那就没必要保密 |
[29:38] | You call the police. | 可以报警 |
[29:41] | So say one of the teenagers in the study opened up to your husband about a crime. | 那么假如,实验中的某位少年 向你丈夫供认了罪行 |
[29:44] | How could i access that file? | 我怎么能看到那个档案? |
[29:46] | Privilege belongs to the patient or in this case, their legal guardians. | 患者有权看 在这种情况下 他们的法定监护人也可以 |
[29:50] | Do you even know who these kids are? | 你知道孩子们的名字吗? |
[29:53] | Only a few. | 只有几个 |
[29:55] | And then there’s Curson. | Curson公司知道 |
[29:57] | They could help, but they won’t. | 他们可以帮忙,但他们不会帮的 |
[30:00] | It’s really all a… mess, isn’t it? | 真的是一团糟,对吧? |
[30:04] | Do you mind? Are we done? | 你不介意吧?我们就谈到这里吧 |
[30:06] | This is.. it’s been very hard, and, um… | 这个……对我来说很困难,嗯…… |
[30:08] | i have no one to cover for me here today, so… | 今天没有人替我,所以…… |
[30:09] | I think we have enough. Thank you. | 这已经足够了,谢谢你 |
[30:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:18] | Could they have put sexual misconduct in any bigger type? | 他们不能把“不正当性关系”印大一点吗? |
[30:20] | The writer says his source | 作者说消息来源 |
[30:22] | is a high-ranking officer close to the chief’s office. | 是某位接近警长办公室的高级警官 |
[30:25] | Well, you know it wasn’t me, | 你知道不是我 |
[30:26] | because i know the whole thing was bogus. | 因为我知道所有这些都不是真的 |
[30:29] | Ah! And who is this weird-looking woman in the photo? | 哈!照片里这位表情古怪的女性是谁呀? |
[30:30] | It’s me, Will. It’s me. Thanks. | 是我,Will,是我,谢谢 |
[30:33] | Well, it’s just a terrible picture. | 这是张糟糕的照片 |
[30:36] | Look, a lot of people could’ve leaked that story. | 瞧,很多人都有可能泄漏这件事 |
[30:39] | Didn’t you tell me that jerk from Curson was threatening you? | 你不是告诉过我 Curson公司那个家伙威胁过你吗? |
[30:42] | Well, you’re questioning their ethics. | 你在质询他们的道德问题 |
[30:43] | Maybe they’re returning the favor. | 也许是他们干的 |
[30:45] | Reporters disguise their sources all the time. | 记者们经常隐藏消息来源 |
[30:54] | This wouldn’t be the first time | 这也不是第一次了 |
[30:55] | someone we’re investigating fought back by trying to hurt one of our detectives. | 我们正在调查的嫌疑犯以伤害警官作为还击 |
[30:58] | Do i look hurt to you, Will? | 我看起来象受到伤害了吗,Will? |
[31:01] | No. | 不 如果我没弄错,你看起来是生气了 |
[31:02] | If i’m not mistaken, that’s your angry face. | 如果我没弄错,你看起来是生气了 |
[31:07] | Look, the internal affairs investigation of your conduct in Atlanta happened. | 瞧,内务部确实调查过你在亚特兰大的行为 |
[31:10] | It’s a fact of life. | 这是事实啊 |
[31:12] | And regardless of how wrong the details in this story are, | 不管故事里的细节怎么被歪曲了 |
[31:15] | whoever leaked it, | 不管是谁泄的密 |
[31:16] | sex was at the center of it, | 事件的中心是“性” |
[31:19] | as it is with most things. | 这没错吧 |
[31:28] | Sorry to interrupt, | 抱歉打断你们 |
[31:29] | but that good-looking girl we had here yesterday, | 昨天我们询问过的那个漂亮女孩 |
[31:32] | – Gretchen Schiller. – Yes. | Gretchin Schiller?是的 |
[31:33] | She was just rushed to the hospital with convulsions. | 她刚被送进医院,全身抽搐 |
[31:38] | Where’s sergeant Gabriel? | Gariel警官在哪儿? |
[31:41] | As you know, we have an understanding, which is pretty much in your agreement. | 我们有协议在先 你们已经同意了的 |
[31:44] | Excuse me, Dr. Dawson. | 抱歉,Dawson博士 |
[31:46] | Mr. and Mrs. Schiller, Brenda Leigh Johnson, L.A.P.D. | Schiller先生,Schiller太太 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson,洛杉矶警局的 |
[31:49] | Can i talk to you for a moment over here, please? | 能跟你谈一会儿吗? |
[31:52] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你们在这里干什么? |
[31:53] | Priority homicide. Checking on the health of an important witness | 谋杀案调查,看看我们主要证人的健康状况 |
[31:56] | in the murder investigation of Dr. Rainey, | 我是说Rainey博士的谋杀案调查 |
[31:58] | and if you interfere, i’ll take you outside and arrest your ass. | 如果你进行阻挠 我就把你带出医院进行逮捕 |
[32:01] | How’s that for what we’re doing here? | 这个回答你觉得怎么样? |
[32:05] | They… they say her brain isn’t working, | 他们说她的大脑停止运作了 |
[32:07] | that she may be in a coma for… | 她有可能昏迷…… |
[32:11] | They said no cortical function. | 他们说没有任何脑皮层活动的迹象 |
[32:14] | That’s what the doctor said. | 医生是这么说的 |
[32:16] | Like… like she could be brain dead. | 她有可能是脑死亡 |
[32:18] | And she took her medicine last night. I saw her. | 她昨天晚上服的药 我看见了 |
[32:22] | Right. | 没错 但医生说 |
[32:23] | But the doctor said they can’t find any in her blood work. | 但医生说 他们在血液中找不到药的成分 |
[32:25] | Does that make any sense to you? | 你知道是怎么回事吗? |
[32:29] | It’s beginning to, yes. | 我开始明白了,是的 |
[32:43] | Mrs. Johnson? | Johnson女士? |
[32:44] | Yes. | Johnson女士? 是的 |
[32:46] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[32:47] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[32:49] | The lab missed your compound the first time around | 实验室第一次忽略了你所说的混合物 |
[32:51] | because she was taking an inactive form of the antidepressant. | 因为她正在服用抗抑郁剂的非活性体 |
[32:54] | Inactive? | 非活性体? |
[32:54] | She was getting the placebo. | 她在服用安慰剂 |
[32:56] | No, she wasn’t. | 不,她没有 |
[32:57] | No, she was taking the medication, | 她在服用药物 |
[32:58] | and Dr. Jerome told us that we had to be careful. | Jerome博士告诉我们必须小心 |
[33:02] | We made damn sure she took her medicine | 我们肯定她服用的是药 |
[33:05] | because of what happened to that boy. | 因为那个男孩子的事情 |
[33:07] | Tell him. Tell him we were helping our daughter. Please. | 告诉他,告诉他我们在帮我们的女儿 |
[33:09] | What happened to Gretchen is not your fault. | 求你了 Gretchen的事情不是你们的错 |
[33:12] | Excuse me. I’ll be in touch. | 抱歉,我会再跟你们联系的 |
[33:13] | Pardon me. | 请原谅 |
[33:17] | I never had a problem with the medicine. | 我从没发现药有问题 |
[33:19] | No side effects. | 没有副作用 |
[33:21] | It completely changed my life. | 它完全改变了我的生活 |
[33:23] | She stayed drug-free. | 她完全戒毒了 |
[33:25] | We don’t see the depression anymore. | 抑郁症也没有犯 |
[33:28] | She’s even started dating again. | 她甚至开始约会了 |
[33:30] | Stop, please. | 请停下来 |
[33:31] | I’m not ready to talk about… | 别谈这个…… |
[33:35] | Gretchen’s mother was right. | Gretchen的妈妈说对了 |
[33:36] | She was taking the medication. | 她是在服药 |
[33:40] | Play our little drug dealer’s tape, please. | 放一下那个小毒贩的录像带 |
[33:42] | So Dr. Rainey kicked you out of the study. | 所以Rainey博士把你赶出了实验组 |
[33:44] | It’s a program for drug-abusing kids. | 这个项目本来就是针对滥用毒品的孩子 |
[33:46] | I didn’t care. I was getting the placebo anyway. | 我才不在乎呢 反正我在服用安慰剂 |
[33:49] | You didn’t care? | 你不在乎 |
[33:50] | Freeze it. | 停一下 |
[33:57] | I was concentrating on the wrong person. | 我们把注意力放错了 |
[34:01] | Fast forward Gretchen, please. | 把Gretchen的带子快进 |
[34:06] | Stop! | 停! |
[34:07] | Play. | 播放 |
[34:08] | Dr. Rainey didn’t want me to see my boyfriend anymore, either. | Rainey不愿我见自己的男朋友 |
[34:11] | And what did Dr. Rainey have against your boyfriend? | Rainey博士对你的男朋友有意见吗? |
[34:13] | Stop. | 停 |
[34:17] | Um, sergeant Gabriel, | 嗯,Gariel警官 |
[34:19] | I’m going to need Gretchen Schiller’s cell phone, please, | 我想要Gretchen Schiller的手机 |
[34:21] | and i want to see your notes from your interview | 我还要看一下你的记录 |
[34:24] | with Dr. Rainey’s wife. | 你询问Rainey博士妻子时的记录 |
[34:26] | Yes, madam. | 好的 |
[34:27] | Oh, damn it, | 见鬼 |
[34:29] | damn it, damn it, damn it. | 真见鬼,见鬼! |
[34:36] | So now you think the files are necessary? | 那么现在你认为这些档案是必需的啦? |
[34:38] | Yes, absolutely. | 是的,没错 |
[34:40] | How long do we need to keep Dr. Rainey’s office a crime scene? | 还需要把Rainey博士的办公室 列为案发现场多长时间? |
[34:43] | Because it’s costing us a fortune. | 因为耗费很大 |
[34:44] | You can release it now. | 可以停了 |
[34:45] | Take the uniform off the clock. | 把封锁撤销 |
[34:47] | But, Brenda, when i do that, we lose the files. | 但是,Brenda 如果这样做,我们会丢失档案的 |
[34:49] | Right. | 没错 |
[34:50] | So you’re taking them? | 所以你准备保管档案吗? |
[34:51] | That would be nuts, Will. | 不,Will,那样不合适 |
[34:53] | All right, wait. | 好吧,等等 |
[34:54] | Do you want to read the files yourself? | 你想查阅那些档案吗? |
[34:56] | No. No one can read the files. | 不,没人可以查阅那些档案 |
[34:59] | So you think those files, | 所以你认为那些档案 |
[35:01] | which are currently being protected by a police officer, | 目前在警察保护之下的档案 |
[35:03] | are the key to Dr. Rainey’s murder. | 会成为解决Rainey博士谋杀案的关键 |
[35:05] | So you want the police officer removed | 所以你希望警察撤走 |
[35:07] | so that we will lose control over the files | 然后我们就会失去对档案的控制权 |
[35:08] | and you will then use the files to make your case? | 然后你就能破案了? |
[35:10] | Yes, exactly. | 是的,没错 |
[35:13] | And i need an ok from the chief to wear a wire. | 我需要你批准进行监听 |
[35:16] | Why? | 为什么? |
[35:17] | Because i can’t authorize it myself. | 因为我自己没权利批准 |
[35:22] | You’ve got one kid in the ground already, | 已经有个孩子死掉了 |
[35:24] | another badly hurting. | 现在又是一个 |
[35:25] | – What about the kids i’ve helped? – When are you gonna get it? | 你为什么不算算我救过的? 你什么时候能收手啊?! |
[35:27] | – Look, my medication is gonna save lives. – Oh, right, that’s… | 瞧,我的药物治疗能够救命 |
[35:29] | Would you doctors just settle down, please? | 哦,好吧 能否打断两位博士一下? |
[35:32] | The hospital now thinks Gretchen’s going to make a full recovery. | 医院认为 Gretchen正在全面恢复 |
[35:35] | She’s not talking yet, but eventually we’ll find out what happened with her medication, | 她仍然不能说话 不过最终我们会找出 她的药物治疗到底是怎么一回事 |
[35:38] | but i am still interested in Dr. Rainey’s files. | 但我仍然对Rainey博士的档案有兴趣 |
[35:41] | They’re protected. | 档案保护的很好 |
[35:42] | I know. Confidentiality, | 我知道,档案是机密 |
[35:43] | but i can get permission from the patients. | 但我可以从患者那里得到许可 |
[35:46] | You don’t know who they are. | 你不知道患者的名字 |
[35:47] | I’m not telling and Jerome here can’t. | 我不会告诉你的 Jerome也不知道 |
[35:49] | But he can tell me the names of the parents, | 但他可以告诉我患者家属的名字 |
[35:51] | and in this case, the patients are minors. | 在这种情况下,患者是未成年人 |
[35:55] | You do that, and i will destroy you at the university, | 你敢那么做,我就毁了你在学校的前途 |
[35:57] | and i am dead serious. | 我是说真的 |
[35:59] | Uh-huh. Well, i guess it’s a good thing i already have tenure then. | 嗯,有任职期限也是个好事 |
[36:01] | Isn’t it? | 对吧? |
[36:03] | Look, if these parents find out what happened to Gretchen and Cody, | 瞧,如果Gretchen和Cody的父母 发现真相 |
[36:06] | They’re going to pull their kids from the study, | 他们就会让自己的孩子退出实验 |
[36:07] | and i’m going to have to start all over again. | 我不得不重新开始 |
[36:09] | The study needs to end. | 实验必须结束 |
[36:12] | I will sue to keep these files confidential. | 我会申请将档案保密的 |
[36:19] | If you think what happened in Atlanta got ugly, wait. | 如果你觉得亚特兰大的事情算是丑闻 你就等着瞧吧 |
[36:25] | Are you sure of my giving you the names of the parents will get you access to Alan’s files? | 你确定如果我告诉你家属的名字 你就可以看到Alan的档案了? |
[36:30] | It’s got to, because we’re releasing Dr. Rainey’s office as a crime scene. | 必须这么做 因为我们要解除Rainey博士办公室的封锁 |
[36:33] | As of tonight, Dr. Rainey’s files will be free of police protection. | 今天晚上开始,Rainey博士的档案 就会失去警方的保护了 |
[36:37] | Dr. Dawson knows that. | Dawson博士知道的 |
[36:45] | Lieutenant Flynn, | Flynn警官 , |
[36:46] | Deputy Chief Johnson’s authorization for a wire. | 副警长Johnson申请安装监听装置的授权 |
[36:49] | And i want it run through the van and our electronics room here. | 我希望其他人还有仪器室的人都看看 |
[36:52] | Yes, sir. | 是的,头儿 |
[36:53] | So you’ll have to split up the squad. | 所以你不得不拆散人员进行分配 |
[36:56] | But you’ve gotten pretty good at that, haven’t you? | 不过你擅长这个,对吧? |
[36:59] | You leak to the press again, i’ll have your stripes. | 你再向媒体泄密 我就停你的职 |
[37:02] | Got it? | 明白吗? |
[37:06] | Give her the authorization. Take the night off. | 把授权书给她,然后回家 |
[37:08] | Let the people here do their job. | 让其他人干这活儿 |
[37:20] | We’re right outside if you need us. | 如果你需要我们 我们就在外面 |
[37:22] | Your voice is a little loud. Could you turn it down, please? | 你声音太大了 能小点声吗? |
[37:25] | Do you copy that? Do you copy that? | 听到没?听到没? |
[37:27] | Every fascinating word. | 每个词都听得清清楚楚 |
[37:31] | Someone’s coming. | 有人来了 |
[37:47] | Would that happen to be Gretchen Schiller’s file, doctor? | 那是Gretchen Schiller的档案吗,博士? |
[37:50] | You scared the living daylights out of me. | 你吓死我了 |
[37:52] | Uh, yes, yes, it’s Gretchen’s file. | 是的,是的 是Gretchen的档案 |
[37:54] | I thought, when you told me that Dawson | 我想……你跟我说 |
[37:57] | could end up with this stuff, i, uh… | Dawson可能会销毁这个,所以我…… |
[38:00] | well, i got worried, | 我担心 |
[38:01] | now that i don’t have any records of my own. | 我自己就没有任何记录了 |
[38:03] | How was your office broken into, doctor, with the policeman down the hall? | 你的办公室是怎么被闯入的,博士 而警察就在大厅? |
[38:06] | And why would the drug company steal your files, | 医药公司为什么要偷走你的档案 |
[38:08] | if they’re so important and yet kill Dr. Rainey and leave his files untouched? | 如果他们如此重要 为什么杀死Rainey后要留下呢? |
[38:13] | Uh, look, look, i think you’re getting off on the wrong track here. | 瞧,瞧,我觉得你 搞错了 |
[38:16] | Really? May i be honest with you? | 真的吗?我能跟你说实话吗? |
[38:20] | Of course. | 当然 |
[38:21] | I think you killed Dr. Rainey yourself. | 我认为是你杀的Rainey博士 |
[38:23] | Because i took this file? | 就因为我拿了这份档案? |
[38:25] | And because of what’s in it. | 因为档案里的内容 |
[38:27] | Because it contains evidence that your friend was about to break doctor/patient privilege | 因为里面有证据证明 你的朋友准备打破医生为病人保密的惯例 |
[38:30] | as he was legally required to do and report you to the police. | 因为他有义务这么做 把你报告给警察 |
[38:33] | Report me? I’m sorry. | 告我,抱歉 |
[38:35] | I’m not following your train of thought. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[38:36] | My guess is that Dr. Rainey gave you a chance to turn yourself in, | 我的意思是说 Rainey博士给了你一次自首的机会 |
[38:40] | and you paid him back by smashing him in the head with a phone | 而你回报他的是 用一只电话砸向他的脑袋 |
[38:43] | and smothering him to death with a cushion from his sofa. | 然后用沙发垫子使他窒息而死 |
[38:46] | Ok, now you’re just sounding hysterical. | 我看你是疯了 |
[38:49] | Let’s look at this logically | 我们理智地 |
[38:50] | and calmly, all right? | 平静地来看这件事,好吗? |
[38:53] | If i killed Alan for this file, | 如果我因为这个档案杀了Alan |
[38:55] | why wouldn’t i have taken it at the time? | 我为什么不当时就拿走? |
[38:56] | Because you didn’t know you needed it. | 因为你当时还不知道需要拿走 |
[38:58] | You didn’t know how Dr. Rainey found out | 你不知道Rainey博士是怎么发现 |
[38:59] | you were sexually abusing a minor | 你对一位未成年人进行性虐待 |
[39:01] | until you were standing next to me | 直到那天你站在我旁边 |
[39:02] | listening to Gretchen Schiller’s interview. | 亲眼看到对Gretchen Schiller的询问录像 |
[39:04] | Ok, now you’re stepping over a big, big line. | 你太过分了 |
[39:08] | I was not having sex with Gretchen Schiller, and she never said that. | 我没有跟GGretchen Schiller发生过性行为 她没那么说 |
[39:11] | You’re right. She didn’t. All she said was that she had a boyfriend Dr. Rainey wouldn’t approve of. | 没错,她没说过 她所说的是 她有一个男朋友 而Rainey博士不同意 |
[39:16] | But you’ve got her file right there. Why don’t you open it yourself? | 不过既然你已经拿到档案了 干吗不自己打开看看呢? |
[39:18] | Read your friend’s notes. | 瞧瞧你朋友的记录 |
[39:22] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[39:23] | Even to prove my innocence. It’s privileged. | 即便是为了自己的清白也不行 需要有授权 |
[39:25] | Actually, it’s not. | 实际上,并非如此 |
[39:26] | Now that you broke into the office and stole it, | 现在你闯入这间办公室 偷窃这份档案 |
[39:29] | that file is evidence in a criminal offense. | 这份档案是犯罪的证据 |
[39:31] | I can’t open it myself, but a judge can. | 我不能打开,但法官可以 |
[39:33] | Look, even if she did say something like that, | 瞧,即便她真的那么说了 |
[39:37] | she’s a delusional girl, | 她是一个有妄想症的女孩 |
[39:38] | a drug addict on serious medication. | 一个正在进行药物治疗的瘾君子 |
[39:43] | This thing is so amazing. | 这个东西真是奇妙 |
[39:44] | Your entire relationship with Gretchen Schiller | 你和Gretchen Schiller的关系 |
[39:47] | memorialized in text messages. | 都被存进了短信里面 |
[39:50] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:53] | Um, listen. | 好吧 你听我说 |
[39:57] | What you’re reading on that phone, | 你在那手机上所看到的 |
[39:59] | i only responded to her like that | 那只是我对她作出的回应 |
[40:00] | because i was deeply, deeply worried about what she might do | 因为我非常、非常担心 如果我拒绝她 |
[40:04] | if i rejected her. | 她会干些什么 |
[40:06] | The patients develop crushes on their therapists all the time. | 患者经常会迷上他们的医生 |
[40:09] | It’s called transference. | 这被称作“移情” |
[40:10] | In this case, it’s called murder. | 在这个案子当中,我们叫做谋杀 |
[40:12] | How is it murder? You said Gretchen was getting better. | 怎么会是谋杀呢? 你说过Gretchen正在好转 |
[40:15] | I lied. | 我撒谎了 |
[40:16] | She’s still in a coma. | 她仍然处在昏迷当中 |
[40:21] | And the person with whom | 昨天 你和他互发短信的那个人 |
[40:22] | you’ve been exchanging text messages all day, | 你和他互发短信的那个人 |
[40:25] | explaining why you accidentally switched out | 你向他解释,你为什么无意中 |
[40:27] | Gretchen’s medication with a placebo | 把药物换成了安慰剂 |
[40:30] | is a 45-year-old chinese-american detective in my office. | 那个人是我办公室的一位美籍华人警官 |
[40:37] | So i’ll ask you again. | 那么我再问你一遍 |
[40:42] | Do you want to read the files out loud? | 你愿不愿意把档案高声读一下? |
[40:47] | When i find someone who’s sexually abusing a minor, | 当我调查对未成年人进行性虐待的案子时 |
[40:50] | i usually find it’s part of a pattern. | 我发现那往往是连续性的 |
[40:52] | You did say you specialized in adolescents, | 你说过你的专长是青少年 |
[40:54] | didn’t you, doctor? | 没错吧,博士? |
[40:56] | How closely do you study them? | 你对她们的研究到什么程度? |
[40:58] | Do you think if i go looking, | 如果我继续查的话 |
[41:00] | i’ll find other teenage girls with transference issues? | 你觉得我是不是可以发现 其他女孩子也有你所说的“移情”? |
[41:03] | That’s the psychological term. | 这是个心理学术语 |
[41:04] | In law enforcement, we call it statutory rape! | 在执法界,我们称之为“诱奸” |
[41:07] | All right, all right, i have never raped anyone. | 好吧,好吧 我从没强奸过任何人 |
[41:09] | Maybe you prefer to think of it as molesting. | 也许你更愿意把它当作性骚扰 |
[41:11] | Is that what gets you off, doctor? | 这样是不是让你释怀一点,博士? |
[41:12] | How many little girls are we talking about? | 我们所谈论的女孩子有多少个? |
[41:14] | You know, child molesters… | 你知道,性骚扰儿童…… 不是性骚扰 |
[41:15] | It’s not molesting! | 不是性骚扰 |
[41:18] | They come to me. | 是她们找我的 是她们找上门的 |
[41:21] | That’s it. Let’s do it. | 好了,我们行动吧 |
[41:22] | I am telling you the complete truth. | 让我来告诉你真相吧 |
[41:24] | And they’re not little girls, ok? | 她们也不是小女孩了 |
[41:26] | Biologically, they’re young women. | 从生物学上讲 她们是年轻女性 |
[41:28] | And they ask me. | 是她们要求的 |
[41:29] | I have never seduced a single one of them! | 我从来没有引诱过她们中的任何一个! |
[41:31] | They asked me! | 是她们要求的! |
[41:34] | You know, i think we just had a breakthrough. | 你知道,我认为我们已经有了很大的进展 |
[41:37] | Unfortunately, that’s all the time we have for today. | 很不幸的是,今天时间不够了 |
[41:39] | We’ll pick up here again in our next session together. | 下次见面的时候我们接着聊 |
[41:41] | Ok? | 好吗? |
[41:44] | Get him out of here. | 把他带走 |
[41:50] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[41:53] | So why don’t you just ask me about it? | 那么你为什么不直接问我呢? |
[41:55] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[41:59] | Ok, i did read the article about your ethics investigation. | 好吧,我读过那篇报道了 有关你的道德质询 |
[42:04] | and you were wondering what all the hoopla was about? | 你在想到底是怎么回事? |
[42:07] | Well, it’s none of my business, | 嗯,这不管我的事 |
[42:10] | really, but, yeah. | 我说真的,不过…… |
[42:16] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[42:18] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[42:19] | Spill your guts. | 快点掏心掏肺吧! |
[42:21] | It was my crazy ex-husband… | 那是我那疯狂的前夫…… |
[42:23] | Lieutenant, this is making me really uncomfortable. | 警官,这让我很不舒服 |
[42:25] | Buzz, don’t make me pull out my gun. | Buzz,你可别让我拔枪 |
[42:29] | Things were not going well with us and… | 我们相处的不太好,然后…… |
[42:32] | he thought it couldn’t possibly be just him. | 我前夫认为一定另有原因 |
[42:35] | I mean, it had to be another guy, | 我是说,他认为一定有第三者 |
[42:36] | so he decided that i was having an affair | 所以他认为 |
[42:40] | with a younger officer in my precinct | 我和我们局一位年轻的警官有染 |
[42:43] | and he reported me to my superiors and, um… | 然后他向我的上级报告了…… |
[42:47] | it went to internal affairs and i was investigated for sexual misconduct. | 这件事被告到了内务部 我就被调查了 是不是有不正当的性关系 |
[42:56] | Sir, really, this has got to be against the rules. | 长官,这真的不合规定 |
[42:58] | But it’s not against the law. We’ve got a permit for this wire. | 但没有不合法吧 我们有窃听的授权了 |
[43:02] | And? | 然后? |
[43:05] | Come on. | 继续啊 |
[43:06] | It was all a big fat lie and the charges were dropped. | 因为不是真的 所以调查被撤销了 |
[43:15] | That must’ve been hard. | 一定很艰难吧 |
[43:16] | Yeah, it was hard. It was hard, yeah, | 是啊,确实很艰难 |
[43:19] | especially since there was a little truth in it, you know, | 尤其是,你知道 倒有几分是真 |
[43:24] | cause i did find him attractive. | 因为我确实觉得他很有吸引力 |
[43:28] | See? See? When will you ever learn to trust me? | 你瞧?你瞧? 你干吗不相信我? |
[43:31] | This is about to get really good. | 这真是太棒了 |
[43:33] | You know, in a kind of animal kind of way. | 你知道的,在某种本能反应上说 |
[43:36] | Why don’t we just change the subject? | 我们干吗不换个话题呢? |
[43:38] | Just for a second. | 就那么一会儿 |
[43:47] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[43:48] | Who is this guy? | 这个家伙是谁呀? |
[43:50] | Why don’t we have pictures? | 为什么没有图像呢? |
[44:05] | Oh, god! Oh, god. | 哦,天啊!哦,天啊! |
[44:08] | Oh, god, oh, god, oh, god. | 哦,天啊,哦,天啊 |
[44:11] | We’re already up to “oh, god”? | 这么快都开始叫“哦,天啊!” |
[44:14] | Oh, god, oh, god. Sorry. | 哦,天啊,对不起 |
[44:17] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[44:30] | Damn. | 真见鬼! 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 ————————– |