时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | you sure I can’t give you a hand with some of that? | 真的不要我帮忙么? |
[00:07] | No,thanks. | 不用, 谢了 |
[00:08] | I packed these boxes so one person could carry them. | 我已经装好箱了, 一个人就可以搬动 |
[00:11] | It’s a good thing,too,huh? | 怎么样不错吧? |
[00:13] | The Closer Season 02 Episode 02 | 罪案终结 |
[00:18] | You’re mad at me about this? | 你生我气了? |
[00:20] | I took 2 days off so i could move in with you,and you’re leaving. | 为了搬到你这里来, 我专门请了两天假 而你却要出去 |
[00:24] | A juror dropped dead during deliberations of an important murder trial. | 在对一起重大谋杀案的审判中 一名陪审团成员突然倒地身亡 |
[00:29] | – How could I have known this was gonna happen? – An important murder trial? | – 这种事情, 我事情怎么可能会预料到? – 一起重大谋杀案的审判? |
[00:32] | – You don’t even know who the defendant is. – Yes,I do. I do so. | – 你甚至不知道被告是谁 – 不, 我知道, 我知道是谁 |
[00:37] | It’s an armenian mob guy. I say his name wrong. | 是一个亚美尼亚裔黑帮份子 他的名字我说不对 |
[00:41] | Aram asourian. | |
[00:43] | You remember that nasty nightclub fire a few years ago? | 你还记不记得几年前的 夜总会恶意纵火案? |
[00:45] | Somebody poured gasoline all over the place, nailed the door shut, | 有个人把汽油泼得到处都是 还把门钉死 |
[00:48] | and 2 people burned to death? | 烧死了两个人 |
[00:50] | Where,uh,do you want this? | 这个, 放在哪里? |
[00:52] | Oh,sergeant gabriel,I’m sorry. You can’t unload boxes from fritz’s u-haul. | Gabriel警佐, 对不起 你不能帮忙搬箱子 |
[00:56] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[00:57] | Apparently the legal system wants me to move in here by myself. | 根据法律规定, 很明显 我必须靠自己的力量搬进来 |
[01:01] | You’re on duty, | 你正在执勤 |
[01:02] | and department regulations prohibit your performing private labor for a superior. | 而规章不允许 你向上司提供私人帮助 |
[01:09] | Pardon me,please. | 抱歉, 我先走了 |
[01:15] | I get that look,too,sometimes. | 有些时候, 我也要看这种脸色 |
[01:18] | That is not a good look. | 看来不妙啊 |
[01:34] | No one went into or out of the jury room except the bailiff who brought them their lunch. | 没有人进出过陪审团所在的房间 只有法警来送过午餐 |
[01:39] | The juror had a heart attack,period. | 陪审员心脏病发作了,就着些 |
[01:43] | Lieutenant flynn,why exactly did you designate the jury room a crime scene? | Flynn副队长, 你为什么这么肯定 陪审室就是犯罪现场呢? |
[01:47] | Because in mr. Asourian’s first trial, | 因为在Asourian先生的第一次审判中 |
[01:50] | the prosecution’s eyewitness had his head blown off before he could testify. | 控方的目击证人在他出庭作证之前 脑袋就被人打爆了 |
[01:54] | And now we’re through this whole mess again. | 现在我们又碰到了同样的事情 |
[01:56] | A juror dies just as they’re about to deliver a guilty verdict. | 在他们正准备判定被告有罪时 一名陪审员死了 |
[01:59] | A guilty verdict. I doubt that. | 有罪判决? 我怀疑 |
[02:01] | Well,I don’T. | 我不怀疑 |
[02:02] | Mr. Millbrook has a point when he says the poor lady died of natural causes, | Millbrook说她是死于自然原因是有原因的 |
[02:07] | and that’s why we have alternate jurors. | 所以法庭规定有候补陪审 |
[02:10] | Yeah? Well,we’re down to one. | 是么? 只有一名候补陪审员 |
[02:12] | Why do we have only one alternate juror? | 为什么只有一名候补陪审员? |
[02:15] | Because a juror dropped out after some jerk with an armenian accent called the courthouse | 因为有一名陪审员退出了 有一个亚美尼亚口音的人打电话给法院 |
[02:20] | and threatened to slit the throats of anyone who voted guilty against this creep here. | 威胁说如果谁在判决中投票说有罪 就割断谁的喉咙 |
[02:26] | Excuse me! Was this woman’s throat cut? | 对不起! 这个女人的喉咙被割断了么? |
[02:29] | No! She had a massive coronary with 11 other people looking on. | 没有! 她在其他11个人的眼前 心脏病发作 |
[02:33] | Or her lunch was poisoned. | 也许是她的午餐被下毒了 |
[02:36] | That’s it. You’ve just turned what should’ve been a personal tragedy into a motion for a mistrial. | 够了 这原本是一起个人悲剧 而现在我方要提出无效审判的动议 |
[02:44] | Asourian is a major player in organized crime. | Asourian在有组织的犯罪中 扮演着重要角色 |
[02:48] | The L.A.P.D. Has dedicated an enormous amount of resources helping the D.A. Obtain this conviction. | 洛杉矶警署耗费了大量的资源 来帮助地方检察官定罪 |
[02:54] | We don’t want a mistrial here. | 我们不希望看到无效判决的结局 |
[02:56] | Chief… | 警长… |
[02:58] | this is not a crime scene. | 这里并不是犯罪现场 |
[03:00] | Chief… | 警长… |
[03:02] | I promise you it is. | 我保证, 一定是的 |
[03:09] | Well,commander,I’m here. I might as well take a look. | 好了, 队长, 既然我已经来了 我想最好还是去看看 |
[03:29] | chief,the other jurors and the alternate are sequestered up on the eighth floor. | 警长, 其他陪审员以及那个接替者 已被隔离在上面8楼 |
[03:33] | This is bailiff hoss. | 这位是法警Hoss |
[03:35] | He was the first guy in the room when the call button was pushed. | 在警铃按下之后 他是第一个进房间的人 |
[03:37] | – Bailiff… – ma’am. | – 法警… – 长官 |
[03:38] | From what I understand,juror number 9 was finishing her lunch, | 据我所知 9号陪审员当时快吃完了午餐 |
[03:41] | when suddenly she stood up, grabbed her chest,and collapsed. | 接着突然站起来 抓着她的胸部, 然后倒了下去 |
[03:44] | Could be anything in that food. | 可能是食物中有什么 |
[03:46] | But all the other jurors are just fine, and the food all came from the same place. | 可其他陪审员都没有事 而食物都是来自一个地方 |
[03:49] | For what it’s worth,chief,paramedics say, “heart attack,heart attack,heart attack.” | 还有什么好看的呢, 警长 正如医生说的, 心脏病发作, 心脏病发作 |
[03:54] | Where’d I put my glasses? | 我的眼镜放在哪儿了? |
[03:57] | Is this where juror number 9 ate her lunch? | 9号陪审员就是在这里吃午餐的? |
[03:59] | – Yes,ma’am. – And this is her pocketbook? | – 是的 – 这就是她的手袋? |
[04:01] | Yeah,I believe so. | 是的, 我想是的 |
[04:13] | Bela K. Rose. March 17,1953. | 1953年3月17日 |
[04:25] | Looks like bella took all her medicine today. | 看上去Bella吃完了今天所有的药 |
[04:36] | Mama… | 妈妈… |
[04:38] | chief… | 警长… |
[04:40] | I’m right about this. I swear,I’m right. | 这件事上我是对的 我发誓, 我是对的 |
[04:49] | You better be. | 最好是 |
[04:51] | Lieutenant tao,would you please find out what is in these pills,thank you. | Tao副队长, 麻烦你检验一下 这些药片中有什么成分, 谢谢 |
[04:55] | Lieutenant provenza,would you and lieutenant flynn mind escortin’ our juror here to the morgue? | Provenza副队长, 你能不能和Flynn副队长一起 把陪审员送到停尸房去? |
[05:00] | I’ll drive. | 我来开车 |
[05:01] | Detective sanchez, let’s gather up all of this food, | Sanchez探员 把这些食物都收集起来 |
[05:03] | and have it taken down to the lab and screened for toxins. | 带回实验室检验一下 看看有没有被下毒 |
[05:06] | Detective daniels,let’s get a background check on everyone who worked | Daniels探员, 调查一下 制作这份午餐的熟食店 |
[05:09] | at this deli where this lunch order was from,thank you. | 所有员工的背景资料, 谢谢 |
[05:15] | Hmm,sergeant gabriel,ugh… | Gabriel警佐, 嗯… |
[05:18] | let’s get in touch with bela rose’s family,but no one talks to them until we find out how she died. | 跟Bela Rose的家人保持联系, 不过在 找出真正死因之前, 不要告诉他们真相 |
[05:24] | Thank you,everyone,and,um… | 谢谢, 各位, 嗯… |
[05:26] | thank you… uh,thank you. | 谢谢… 谢谢 |
[05:30] | Hi,mama,I’m workin’. | 妈妈, 我在上班 |
[05:33] | Workin’… | 在上班… |
[05:35] | uh,yes,of course. | 嗯, 好, 当然 |
[05:37] | Great aunt eueless,in a coma,right,yes. | 大姨妈Eueless, 去世了, 好的 |
[05:43] | Say that again? | 再说一遍? |
[05:46] | She did what? | 她干什么了? |
[05:48] | Oh,mama,I– | 噢, 妈妈, 我– |
[05:50] | I’m not sure I can make it to a funeral tomorrow. | 我不敢保证, 能否参加明天的葬礼 |
[05:54] | Where are you? | 你在哪里? |
[05:56] | D.F.W.? | |
[05:58] | 4 hours? Your plane is going to be in los angeles in 4 hours? | 4个小时? 你的飞机 四个小时后就要到洛杉矶? |
[06:14] | – Ma’am,you all right? – I’m fine,fine. | – 长官,你没事吧? – 没事,没事 |
[06:19] | Hmm…so,I take it that you weren’t here in the room when juror number 9 collapsed? | 嗯… 这么说, 在9号陪审员倒下时 你不在这个房间? |
[06:23] | No,ma’am,I was eating my lunch outside the door. | 是的, 不在 我在门外吃午餐 |
[06:25] | I heard the panic button,I ran in, and I did C.P.R. Until the ambulance arrived. | 我听到应急按钮被按下, 就跑了进来 然后一直做急救, 直到救护车到达 |
[06:30] | All right,then,I’m gonna need to start interviewing these jurors.If I can take them one at a time. | 好吧, 我想见一下那些陪审员 如果可能的话, 最好一个一个的询问 |
[06:34] | No,that’s not possible. | 不行, 这不可能 |
[06:36] | Are you tellin’ me i need to interview them in a group? | 你是说我只能一起见他们? |
[06:39] | No,not exactly. | 不, 不完全是 |
[06:42] | – Well,how do i talk to them then? – You can’T. | – 好吧, 那我该怎么跟他们谈? – 你不能 |
[06:45] | I can’t? | 我不能? |
[06:46] | Every juror is completely off-limits until you conclude your investigation. | 在你对你的调查作定论之前 不能询问任何陪审员 |
[06:49] | There were 11 eye-witnesses to that death,will. There must be some way i can interview them. | 有11位证人目击了这次死亡 一定有办法可以让我询问他们 |
[06:54] | There is,but not until they deliver a verdict. | 的确有办法, 但是在他们 对审判作出判决之前不行 |
[06:56] | – Which will be? – When you finish your investigation. | – 那要等什么时候? – 等你完成调查 |
[06:59] | Oh,do you hear yourself? This is impossible. | 噢, 你明白自己的意思么? 这不可能 |
[07:03] | There were threats against that jury,will. | 陪审团已经接到了威胁,Will |
[07:05] | We’re investigating that.The jurors were informed,they mostly elected to stay. | 我们正在调查,陪审员也已被告知 他们大多数都选择留下 |
[07:09] | One of them died. | 他们当中的一个死了 |
[07:12] | What about a mistrial? | 无效审判怎么样? |
[07:14] | I could talk to the jurors if I got a mistrial,how about that? | 我可以跟陪审员们说 可以裁定无效审判, 怎么样? |
[07:17] | Yeah,the only way you’re gonna get a mistrial– which the department does not want– | 你唯一可以宣布审判无效的办法– 局里那些人可不希望这个结果– |
[07:20] | is to establish a direct causal link between asourian and this particular dead juror. | 就是在Asourian和这位死去的陪审员之间 建立起直接的因果联系 |
[07:25] | Ok,well,let’s see what doctor crippen has to say. | 好吧, 我们听听Crippen医生是怎么说的 |
[07:29] | I can still talk to him,can’t I? | 起码我可以跟他谈谈, 是么? |
[07:31] | – Am I keeping you from something? – Oh,no,no,I’m just,um… | – 我有阻止你么? – 噢, 噢, 噢, 我只是… |
[07:35] | pickin’ my mother up at the airport in 3 hours. | 3小时后要去机场接我妈妈 |
[07:38] | From atlanta via dallas. | 从亚特兰大出发, 途径达拉斯 |
[07:40] | Well,things must be going well if you’re introducing your family to fritz. | 如果你把家人介绍给Fritz 事情就会好起来的 |
[07:46] | Well,I haven’t finished unpacking, but I got everything off the truck,why? | 我还没把东西全部从箱子里拿出来 但已经把东西都从车上搬下来了,怎么? |
[07:50] | Well,uh,first–I wanna say how sorry i am about this mornin’. | 嗯, 首先.. 我想说对早上发生的事情 我感到非常抱歉 |
[07:54] | You know,movin’ into a new place,that’s one of the most stressful things a person can do. | 你知道, 搬到一个新地方 会给一个人带来很大的压力 |
[08:00] | what’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[08:02] | Nothin’. | 没什么 |
[08:03] | Uh,it’s just that,um… | 我只是… |
[08:05] | well,I think you’re right,and we oughta be doin’ this together,so… | 我想你是对的, 我们该 一起来做这件事情, 所以… |
[08:08] | we might oughta wait for you to move in– | 我们应该先等一下… |
[08:11] | until I finish this investigation. | 等我完成这次调查之后 你再搬进来 |
[08:14] | – Look,you’re mad about this morning, – no! | – 听着, 今天早上的事情你肯定很生气 – 没有! |
[08:17] | No,no,no. | 不不不 |
[08:19] | It’s just that,um… | 我只是… |
[08:21] | my great aunt died,and,um… | 我的大姨妈死了, 我… |
[08:23] | – wait the one in a coma in santa clarita? – Right– | – 在Santa Clarita的、之前一直昏迷的那位? – 是的… |
[08:26] | – ugh,your parents just called about her last week. – Yeah… | – 嗯, 你父母上个星期还提起过她 – 是的… |
[08:28] | and,um,as it turns out my– | 现在我的… |
[08:31] | my mother is comin’ in for the funeral, and,um… | 我的母亲要来参加葬礼… |
[08:36] | oh,I see…so what you’re really saying is… since your mother would have a meltdown, | 哦, 我明白了… 你真正想说的是… 如果她发现 |
[08:40] | if he finds out her adult daughter has a boyfriend,you want me to move out. | 她那已经成年的女儿有了一个男朋友 就会昏倒过去, 所以你想让我搬出去 |
[08:45] | Does she get to meet kitty? | 她有没有见过Kitty? |
[08:47] | Think she’ll have a meltdown if she finds you living with a cat? | 想想看, 如果她发现你和一只猫 生活在一起, 就会昏倒过去么? |
[08:51] | Fritz,uh…I know I’ve handled this all wrong and I apologize from the bottom of my heart. | Fritz, 嗯… 我知道在这件事情上 处理方式不对, 我从心底里感到抱歉 |
[08:57] | But my mother won’t be here long and then this jury case will close, | 但我母亲在这里不会呆很长时间 而且不久后这起陪审团的案子也会结案 |
[09:01] | and we can move in all together like we wanted. | 接下来我们就可以一起搬进来 就如我们事先希望的那样 |
[09:08] | Fritz… | |
[09:10] | – fritz,are you there? – Yeah,for about another hour. | – Fritz, 你在听么? – 好吧, 一小时后 |
[09:13] | I’m gonna move everything back out right now,brenda. | 我就会把所有东西都搬出去, Brenda |
[09:16] | And then,tomorrow night at 8:00, | 接下来, 明天晚上八点 |
[09:21] | I’m gonna come by and pick you and your mother up for dinner. | 我会开车来接你和你妈妈去共进晚餐 |
[09:24] | Uh,w-wait– | 嗯, 等等… |
[09:25] | you’re gonna introduce her to me, and you’re gonna tell her who I am, | 你要向她介绍我 你要会告诉她我是谁 |
[09:29] | or else we’re done. | 否则我们就分手 |
[09:35] | An ace inhibitor,beta blocker, diuretic,and some vitamins. | A-抑制剂, β-受体阻滞药 利尿剂, 还有一些维生素 |
[09:39] | Your juror is being treated for congestive heart failure. | 陪审员之前再接受充血性心力衰竭的治疗 |
[09:42] | Not very successfully. | 治疗效果不怎么样 |
[09:44] | Digoxin.Now,a normal dosage,say, between .8 to 2.0 milligrams regulates the heartbeat. | 地高辛(一种强心剂), 正常剂量是 0.8到2.0毫克, 用来调节心跳 |
[09:50] | Any more than that is dangerous. | 如果超过那个剂量就会很危险 |
[09:52] | So,I decided to do a blood level check, | 所以, 我做了一次血液检查 |
[09:54] | and found that she’d taken 16 times the recommended dosage, | 发现她服用的剂量 为正常水平的16倍 |
[09:58] | which turned her medication into poison. | 从而使医治她的药物被成了 害死她的毒药 |
[10:00] | – Or someone spiked her lunch. – Wait a minute,lieutenant. | – 可能是有人碰过她的午餐 – 等等, 副队长 |
[10:04] | Dr. Crippen,is it possible that the medication built up in her system over time? | Crippen医生, 有没有可能这种药物成分 是她体内自动生成的? |
[10:08] | No,digoxin has a very short half-life. | 不会, 地高辛的半衰期非常短 |
[10:11] | For that much to still have been found in her body, she would have had to take them all at once. | 从她体内找到的量来看 肯定是她一次服下的 |
[10:14] | What about an accidental overdose? | 有没可能是意外多吃了呢? |
[10:17] | I find it difficult to believe that anybody could take 16 pills by accident. | 一次服下16个药片 这很难让人相信是一场意外 |
[10:21] | So,someone poisoned her. | 这么说, 有人对她下毒了 |
[10:23] | Or… she did it on purpose. | 或者… 她是有意这么做的 |
[10:29] | Deputy chief brenda leigh johnson,L.A.P.D. Is this bela rose’s home? | 我是代理警长Brenda Leigh Johnson 洛杉矶警署, 这是Bela Rose家么? |
[10:42] | Justin,take emily and go with gram. | Justin, 带Emily和Gram走 |
[10:47] | So sorry to bother you,dr. Rose, | 很抱歉打扰您, Rose医生 |
[10:49] | but your wife has been serving on a jury, and I have a couple of questions i need to ask you. | 不过您的妻子曾经是陪审团的一员 我有些问题想问一下您 |
[10:53] | Did she tell you anything about the nature of the case in which she was involved? | 她有没有告诉您任何 她所参与案子的一些消息? |
[10:56] | Pardon us,dr. Rose. | 请原谅, Rose医生 |
[10:59] | Excuse me,chief. Can i speak to you? | 对不起, 警长, 可以跟你谈谈么? |
[11:04] | If he says “yes,” chief,that could be grounds for a mistrial. | 如果他说”是”, 警长 就可能成为无效判决的依据 |
[11:07] | Lieutenant,you need to wait outside,please. | 副队长, 请你到外面等着 |
[11:09] | Now. Get out! Thank you. | 现在, 出去! 谢谢 |
[11:13] | Oh! You want a mistrial. I thought– | 噢! 你想要无效判决 我以为… |
[11:15] | sorry. Um… | 抱歉, 嗯… |
[11:17] | did you know anything about the case your wife was serving on? | 你对你妻子参与的那个案子 有没有什么了解? |
[11:21] | I know there were threats made against the jury. What’s happened? | 我知道有人威胁陪审团 怎么? |
[11:25] | When did you last see your wife,dr. Rose? | 你最后一次看到你妻子 是什么时候, Rose医生? |
[11:30] | This morning. I had a delivery at 6:30. | 今天早上 6点30分我参加了一个接生手术 |
[11:32] | I slipped out while she was still sleeping. Then I was at the hospital like I am every day. | 我起床的时候她还在睡觉 接着我就像往常那样去医院了 |
[11:37] | You know… | 你知道… |
[11:39] | this is starting to scare me. Where’s my wife? | 这有点吓着我了 我妻子在哪儿? |
[11:41] | I’m–I’m sorry,dr. Rose, but during deliberations this afternoon, | 我… 我很抱歉. Rose医生 今天下午,在审议过程中 |
[11:46] | your wife went into cardiac arrest and we were not able to save her. | 你的妻子心脏病发作 我们没能救活她 |
[11:56] | Why… | 为什么… |
[12:00] | why didn’t you… tell me that when I first asked you? | 为什么… 在我一开始问你们时 不告诉我这些? |
[12:03] | I mean,that should have been the first thing out of your mouth. | 我是说, 你们开头怎么不跟我说 |
[12:05] | What is the matter with you people?! | 你的人到底是怎么回事?! |
[12:08] | – The coroner found– – wait. | – 验尸官发现… – 等等 |
[12:11] | My wife’s already been to the coroner? | 我妻子已经交给验尸官了? |
[12:14] | We weren’t sure if she died of natural causes. | 我们不敢肯定她是不是自然死亡 |
[12:21] | So,we wanted to find out before talking to you. | 所以在调查之前 我们想先跟您谈谈 |
[12:24] | She had elevated levels of digoxin in her system, | 在她体内地高辛的浓度很高 |
[12:27] | and we were wondering if she might have taken that by mistake or– | 我们想知道, 她是因为误服还是… |
[12:29] | no! No… | 不! 不… |
[12:34] | she’s very organized about her medication. | 她对自己的药品安排得很好 |
[12:37] | She puts it all together for the week on– | 她会事先准备好一个星期的药物 在… |
[12:40] | today. On mondays. | 今天, 在星期一准备好 |
[12:45] | Besides the fact that I’m a doctor, and my mother was a nurse, | 抛开我是医生我母亲是护士这个事实不说 |
[12:48] | why do you think i wouldn’t be able to help my wife with– | 我怎么会我不会帮助自己的妻子… |
[12:52] | with her own medication? | 安排好她自己的药品? |
[12:53] | Had she been depressed or anxious lately? | 她最近有没有表达出 沮丧或者忧虑的情绪? |
[12:57] | David. | |
[12:59] | I am so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[13:03] | But you need to help these people. | 但你需要帮助这些人 |
[13:07] | They’re trying to figure out if bela killed herself. | 他们正试图搞清楚 Bela是不是自杀的 |
[13:11] | No,she didn’t kill herself. | 不, 她不会自杀的 |
[13:14] | You did. | 你们杀了她 |
[13:17] | You people. | 你们 |
[13:19] | Somebody threatened that jury. | 有人威胁陪审团 |
[13:23] | A guy called the courthouse and said he would kill anyone who voted to convict, | 有个家伙打电话给法院并叫嚣道 如果有人投票有罪, 就会割断他的脖子 |
[13:27] | and have you found him yet? Have you?! | 你们抓住他没有? 抓住没有?! |
[13:30] | – Sir,that’s an on-going investigation. – Yes,well. | – 先生, 那个调查我们还在进行中 – 好的, 好吧 |
[13:33] | Your on-going investigation murdered my wife. | 你们正在进行的调查害死了我的妻子 |
[13:54] | – is this it? – This is it. | – 到了? – 到了 |
[13:57] | What is that moving truck doing in front of your house? | 房子前那辆卡车在干什么? |
[14:02] | New neighbors,I guess. | 想必是新邻居吧 |
[14:04] | – Well,I call that tacky. – Now,mama,I want you to wait here. | – 真没教养 – 妈妈, 你在这里等一下 |
[14:07] | I’m gonna go inside,turn on all the lights for you and then I’m gonna come back and help you with your bags. | 我先进去把所有灯都打开 然后回来帮你提行李 |
[14:20] | Fritz? | |
[14:32] | Fritz? | |
[14:38] | Now,don’t worry so much about me,brenda leigh. | 别担心我, Brenda Leigh |
[14:42] | I can carry a bag. | 一个袋子而已, 我拿得动 |
[14:44] | Well,thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢, 非常感谢 |
[14:47] | Well,this is so cozy. | 不错, 很温馨啊 |
[14:54] | Is that… | 那是… |
[14:56] | is that art? | 一个艺术品么? |
[14:59] | I bought the place furnished and the woman who lived here before me,she loved baseball players. | 我是连家具一起买下这个地方的 以前住在这里的那个女人很喜欢棒球 |
[15:06] | She dated baseball players. | 她经常跟棒球运动员约会 |
[15:08] | All right. | 好的 |
[15:10] | Now,where do you want me to be? And don’t go to any trouble. | 你打算怎么安置我? 我不会给你添麻烦的 |
[15:13] | I can sleep on that sofa there. | 我可以睡在那个沙发上 |
[15:15] | Oh,mama.Don’t be silly. My bed’s big enough for both of us. | 噢, 妈妈, 别犯傻了 我的床很大, 可以睡下两个人 |
[15:36] | Your father and your brother are gonna love seeing your house,I know. | 我想你父亲和你哥哥 看到你的房子一定会非常高兴 |
[15:41] | Oh,that’s an unusual arrangement,brenda. | 噢, 这个布置很奇怪, Brenda |
[15:44] | All your clothes are on one side of the closet? | 你的衣服全部都挂在衣橱的一边 |
[15:47] | And half your shelves are empty. | 而另外半边却完全是空的 |
[15:51] | I made room for you. | 这是给你留下的 |
[15:53] | I thought you’d said you didn’t have time to come home before you picked me up. | 我记得你曾经说过, 在接我之前 你没时间先回家一趟的 |
[15:57] | Well,I–I didn’T.It’s just that i keep space available in case anyone decides to come visit. | 是的… 我没有 我留下这个空间 只是为了应付万一有人造访的情况 |
[16:01] | Oh,mama,I’m so happy to see you. | 噢, 妈妈, 看到你真高兴 |
[16:05] | – What time’s the funeral? – 2:30. | – 葬礼什么时候举行? |
[16:07] | Would it be easier to leave from your office? | 那个时间你出来是不是方便些? |
[16:10] | I’d love to meet the people you work with. | 我很想见见跟你一起工作的同事 |
[16:12] | Oh,no. No. | 噢, 不 不 |
[16:14] | No,no,no. No. | 不不不 不 |
[16:16] | Um,I think that you should stay here and I’ll pick you up. | 我想你应该呆在这里 我会来接你的 |
[16:21] | Well,I guess that will give me a chance to measure your windows. | 好吧, 我想这样我就有机会 来量量你的窗子 |
[16:25] | I knew you wouldn’t have proper curtains, so,I brought some swatches. | 我知道你没有合适的窗帘 所以我带来了些样本 |
[16:29] | Do you remember the drapes you had in your room before you left for college? | 还记得上大学之前 你房间里的那个窗帘么? |
[16:33] | Can you believe i still have that material? | 相不相信我还留着那种布料? |
[16:45] | My mother,mrs. Johnson,will be observing today. | 我母亲, Johnson夫人, 想来这里看看 |
[16:49] | Y’all just ignore me. | 你们就当我不存在 |
[16:51] | But I did bring some homemade fudge if anybody wants any. | 不过我带了一些自制的食物 大家别客气 |
[16:57] | That’s so very nice of you,mrs. Johnson. | 您可真好, Johnson夫人 |
[17:00] | Well,you are so welcome. | 别客气 |
[17:02] | Now,everybody smile! | 大家笑一下! |
[17:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:09] | All right,then. | 好了 |
[17:12] | Since the jury is off-limits for the time being,unless we get a mistrial, | 既然现在无法询问那些陪审员 除非我们可以宣告无效审判 |
[17:15] | I thought it might be helpful to review the case they’ve been hearing,which was lieutenant flynn’S. | 我想再看看他们正在讨论的那个案子 应该有点作用, 就是Flynn副队长负责的那个 |
[17:21] | – So I can talk again? – Yes. | – 我再说一遍? – 是的 |
[17:28] | 4 years ago,for reasons we haven’t been able to establish, | 4年前, 由于某些 我们现在仍然没弄清楚的原因 |
[17:31] | aram asourian drove his son vahan to a glendale nightclub. | Aram Asourian开车带他的儿子Vahan 去一个名叫Glendale的夜总会 |
[17:38] | While aram waited in the car,vahan,a genuine psycho,nailed shut the nightclub doors, | 当Aram等在车里时, Vahan, 一个极度的 心理变态狂, 钉死了夜总会的门 |
[17:44] | spread gasoline all over the place, and then set it on fire. | 并在里面洒满了汽油 然后纵火点着了它 |
[17:49] | Now,we believe they were after the owner, whose car was in the parking lot, | 我们相信他们是朝夜总会老板去的 他的车就在停车场 |
[17:52] | but instead,2 teenage korean girls | 可是烧死的却是两个十几岁的韩国女孩 |
[17:56] | who were cleaning up inside got burned to death. | 她们正在夜总会里打扫卫生 |
[18:03] | Now,we I.D.Ed aram,the father,at the scene, | 有人向我们报告, 在犯罪现场 看到了那个父亲, Aram |
[18:07] | but our eyewitness got his head blown off before he could testify. | 可是目击证人在正式作证之前 却被人开枪打爆了脑袋 |
[18:12] | – Why didn’t you go after the son? – We couldn’t find him. | – 你们为什么不去抓那个儿子呢? – 我们找不到他 |
[18:15] | The armenian mob is big into identity theft and waste management– | 亚美尼亚帮很有势力 什么渣滓都有 |
[18:19] | ideal for hiding a scum like vahan. | Vahan这种渣滓藏在那里面 再理想不过了 |
[18:22] | Now,we thought by prosecuting the father, we could smoke the son out. | 我们想通过起诉父亲 把儿子给引出来 |
[18:25] | No luck. | 可惜不太走运 |
[18:31] | Let’s say vahan came back from wherever | 能不能这样说 Vahan从某个地方冒出来 |
[18:35] | to shoot the eyewitness in the first trial. | 开枪打死了 第一次审判中的那个目击证人 |
[18:38] | And his father– or his father’s attorney– | 而他的父亲 或者是他父亲的律师 |
[18:41] | told vahan bela rose had a heart condition? | 告诉Vahan Bela Rose心脏有问题? |
[18:43] | Look,vahan would have known that an overdose would have killed her | Vahan应该知道 过量的药物会杀死她 |
[18:48] | because he was studying to be a pharmacist. | 因为他学的就是药剂师专业 |
[18:50] | – Would he have access to the drug? – Oh,excuse me– | – 他能够接触到那些药物么? – 哦, 对不起 |
[18:53] | the juror’s husband is a– drumroll–doctor. | 那名陪审员的丈夫, 也是一名医生 |
[18:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:01] | But anybody can get their hands on digoxin. | 不过任何人都可以接触到地高辛 |
[19:04] | You can find it online,health food stores. | 可以在网上买到, 保健品商店也有出售 |
[19:07] | It’s basically a refined version of an herb–foxglove. | 它其实就是一种名为毛地黄的药草 经过精炼提纯之后的产物 |
[19:12] | Maybe somebody mixed it into her food. | 也许有人将它混进了她的食物 |
[19:14] | I’m sorry to bother y’all, but I can’t seem to find the ladies’ room. | 很抱歉打扰你们 我好像找不到女士用的卫生间 |
[19:19] | Oh,well,please,please– | 噢, 请允许我 |
[19:24] | – Allow me. – Why,thank you. | – 带你去 – 噢, 谢谢 |
[19:27] | Well…lieutenant provenza. It’s my honor,ma’am. | 我是Provenza副警长 我的荣幸, 夫人 |
[19:30] | Oh! A lieutenant. Well! | 噢! 副警长 |
[19:33] | Well. | 好吧 |
[19:37] | Back to aram’s son,vahan. | 回到Aram的儿子, Vahan |
[19:39] | Considering all the people dropping dead around his father’s trial,he can’t be that far away. | 考虑到跟他父亲审判有关的人都死于意外 他应该就在附近 |
[19:44] | Why can’t we find him? | 那我们为什么不能找到他? |
[19:45] | I just got vahan’s warrant package from the fugitive squad. | 我刚刚从追捕小组那里得到消息 |
[19:49] | The last time they looked for this dummy was nearly a year ago. | 他们最后一次追捕这个小子 也差不多是一年以前了 |
[19:52] | If I can find this boy,it would be an automatic mistrial,wouldn’t it? | 如果我找到这个小子, 审判就会自动无效 是不是这样? |
[19:57] | Lieutenant tao,please get me warrants to tap all of asourian’s phones. | Tao副警长, 请给我授权 监听Asourian所有的电话 |
[20:02] | Sergeant gabriel,if you could arrange surveillance outside every house connected with that family,thank you. | Gabriel警官, 如果可能的话, 请安排监视 跟他们有关联的所有房子, 谢谢 |
[20:07] | And detective daniels,please drag every credit card they have,every bank account. | Daniels探员, 调查他们所拥有的 每张信用卡, 所有银行, 所有帐户 |
[20:14] | Lieutenant flynn,maybe you could tell me, | Flynn副队长, 也许你可以告诉我 |
[20:16] | who else besides you was watching this trial every day? | 除了你之外 还有谁每天在关注这个审判? |
[20:20] | Doctor grant,I’m just– I’m so impressed with your credentials. | Grant医生 你履历真是太优秀了 |
[20:23] | Call me alison,chief johnson. | 叫我Alison, Johnson警长 |
[20:25] | Oh,you can call me brenda. | 噢, 你可以叫我Brenda |
[20:27] | Anyway. You’re,like,part detective, part social worker,part-shrink. | 不管怎样, 你看上去既像侦探 又像社会工作者, 还像神经科医生 |
[20:34] | Being a jury consultant,I mean. | 我是说, 作为一名陪审团顾问来说 |
[20:36] | That’s a fairly accurate description, | 这个描述非常准确 |
[20:38] | though I think of myself more as a trial strategist, | 虽然我认为我自己更像是一名 审判学家 |
[20:41] | since I also help craft arguments i think will sway individual jury members. | 因为我同时还帮忙处理争论 我认为我可能会动摇某些陪审员的主张 |
[20:46] | So if I asked you questions about their personalities or whatever, | 如果我想你询问某些陪审员的性格 或者类似的问题 |
[20:50] | – you could just pop up with an answer? – Oh,yes,oftentimes. | – 你方不方便直接回答? – 哦, 行, 应该没问题 |
[20:52] | Li–like juror number 9 usually had lunch with juror number– | 比如9号陪审员通常和… |
[20:58] | – juror number 3. – Right. | – 3号陪审员共进午餐 – 对 |
[21:00] | Partly because they each had health issues and teenage sons. | 部分原因是因为他们都有健康问题 而且都有十几岁的孩子 |
[21:04] | How do you diagnose health issues? This is so fascinating. | 你是怎么推断他们有健康问题的? 我们很想知道 |
[21:08] | Well,that’s very simple. | 很简单 |
[21:09] | They both declared their illnesses during jury selection. | 在陪审团选举中 他们都申明过他们身患疾病 |
[21:12] | Juror number 9,as you know, had congestive heart disease. | 9号陪审员, 正如你们所知道的 患有充血性心脏病 |
[21:16] | And juror number 3 is a diabetic. | 而3号陪审员却患有糖尿病 |
[21:18] | I see. And why did you think bela belonged on your jury? | 知道了 你认为Bela为什么会进陪审团呢? |
[21:21] | Well,now we’re straying into information that’s confidential. | 你现在所询问的信息属于保密内容 |
[21:24] | Oh,you know what? It’s not! | 噢, 是么? 这个不是吧! |
[21:26] | You can answer it freely. No worries. | 你可以直接回答 不用担心 |
[21:29] | No,brenda,it’s off-limits professionally. | 不, Brenda, 这超出了专业范畴 |
[21:32] | I mean,the information you’re requesting is the property of my client. | 我是说, 你所询问的信息 归我的客户所有 |
[21:35] | Now,doctor grant– alison,I mean– | Grant医生 Alison, 我的意思是 |
[21:39] | I want you to know you’re not required to answer these questions, | 我想让你知道, 我们并不会 强迫你回答这些问题 |
[21:41] | but if you don’t,I’m going to get search warrants for your house, | 不过如果你不回答 我们就申请搜查你的房子 |
[21:44] | phone,and office,and find out just how seriously you’ve been studying this jury. | 电话, 以及办公室, 并搞清楚 你对这个陪审团到底了解多少 |
[21:48] | Search warrants? On what grounds? | 搜查? 依据是什么? |
[21:51] | On the grounds that lieutenant flynn here says this particular strategy of yours wasn’t working out so well. | 依据是这里的Flynn副队长会说 你在这里跟我们不太配合 |
[21:56] | Asourian was about to get life. | 如果Asourian能继续活下去的话 |
[21:58] | Which would affect your bonus, if I’m not mistaken. | 相应的你的报酬就会有所变动 如果我没有弄错的话 |
[22:01] | Bonuses must be nice. I wish I got bonuses. | 报酬一定会非常丰厚 我真想得到那份报酬 |
[22:04] | What was yours supposed to be? | 你觉得呢? |
[22:06] | And asourian’s attorney,mr. Milbrook, he just hates to lose,doesn’t he? | Asourian的律师, Milbrook先生 他不想输掉这场官司, 是不是? |
[22:11] | And you depend on lawyers for your income,yes? | 而你的收入指望着那些律师, 是不是? |
[22:14] | Mr. Asourian would have been found not guilty,and I’m certain of it. | Asourian会被判决无罪的 这一点我很肯定 |
[22:17] | That’s a load of crap and you know it. | 你赌的就是这一点 这个你很清楚 |
[22:19] | You see,alison,I do a little something a little bit like jury selection myself,only I choose suspects. | 你看, Alison, 我对陪审员的选择做了一点调查 并从中发现了几个嫌疑人 |
[22:24] | And I base my choices on people who have financial | 选择的依据是 |
[22:27] | or professional connections with a victim they knew really,really well. | 那些人跟受害者在经济上或者专业上 有非常非常紧密的联系 |
[22:31] | Like you knew bela rose,A.K.A. Juror number 9. | 比如你认识Bela Rose, 又名 9号陪审员 |
[22:35] | So,I’m going to ask you a few questions. | 所以, 我想问你几个问题 |
[22:37] | And you’re going to answer them,or I’m going to make your life a living hell for days on end. | 你最好回答 否则我会让你没有好日子过 |
[22:41] | Why did you choose bela rose for this jury? | 你为什么选择让Bela Rose加入陪审团? |
[22:47] | Her maiden name was armenian. | 从她婚前的姓氏来看 她是亚美尼亚裔 |
[22:49] | Armenians are a very tight-knit,family culture, and they seldom hurt their own. | 亚美尼亚人非常团结, 家庭组织严密 他们很少相互伤害 |
[22:53] | And I thought she would be sympathetic to a father standing up for his son. | 而且我认为, 她可能会同情一个 为了儿子而站出来顶罪的父亲 |
[22:57] | That’s very smart of you. | 看来你真是聪明啊 |
[23:00] | Speaking of the son,where is he? Who would know? | 替儿子说话, 他在哪里? 谁知道? |
[23:02] | And before you answer,remember– hell,hell,hell.I mean it. | 在你回答之前 好好考虑一下我刚才说的话 |
[23:08] | I’m not sure. | 我不敢肯定 |
[23:09] | But mr. Milbrook gets phone calls asking how the trial went from someone he never mentions by name. | 但Milbrook先生接到一些询问审判进程的 电话, 他没有提过打电话人的名字 |
[23:15] | Every day. | 每天都有 |
[23:20] | – There you are. – There you are,brenda. | – 哦, 你在这里啊 – 你来了, Brenda |
[23:24] | The fudge went over big. I hope you got some before it ran out. | 那些软糖真是大受欢迎啊 吃光之前, 你也尝一些 |
[23:27] | Uh,I’m not eating sugar right now. | 啊, 我现在已经不吃糖了 |
[23:29] | Don’t lie to your mama. | 不要对妈妈说慌 |
[23:31] | I’ll make some more tonight when we come home.Are you ready to go? | 今天晚上回家后我再做一些 你准备走了么? |
[23:35] | Mama,I’m so sorry,but I’m not gonna be able to take you to this funeral after all. | 妈妈, 非常抱歉 可我现在不能送你去参加葬礼了 |
[23:39] | What? | 什么? |
[23:40] | I wish I could,but I have this murder i have to investigate. | 我很想送你去 不过我必须去调查这个谋杀案 |
[23:43] | Oh,for heaven’s sake. There are murders every day of the week. | 噢, 老天啊 谋杀案每天都会发生 |
[23:46] | And your aunt floetta will only have one funeral. | 而你的Floetta姨妈却只有一次葬礼 |
[23:49] | How am I supposed to get there,even? | 你要我怎么去那里? |
[23:52] | Oh,well,I could take you,ma’am. | 噢, 我可以送你, 夫人 |
[23:57] | Uh,could you just wait one second,please? | 能不能稍等一下? |
[23:59] | Mama,would you come over here just for a second? Ok? | 妈妈, 能不能过来一会儿? Ok? |
[24:01] | Thank you.Have a seat. Thanks. | 谢谢, 坐下 谢谢 |
[24:07] | What are you doing? | 你想干嘛? |
[24:09] | – Being nice? – You’re not nice.And you’re on duty. | – 我是好心? – 现在不行, 你正在上班 |
[24:11] | – Well,give me the afternoon off. – My mother is married.To my father. | – 好吧, 放我一个下午的假 – 我妈妈已经结婚了, 嫁给了我父亲 |
[24:15] | Relax, deputy chief brenda leigh. | 放松, 代理警长Brenda Leigh |
[24:18] | I don’t date women over 35. | 我不会和超过35岁的女人约会 |
[24:21] | 40 if I’m drinking. | 即便喝醉了, 约会的也不会超过40岁 |
[24:25] | All right,then.You can have her back by 7:00, ’cause I have a dinner i cannot miss. | 那么好吧, 7点之前你要送她回来 因为有个晚宴, 我不想错过 |
[24:34] | Mr. Milbrook,thank you so much for stopping by. | Milbrook先生, 非常感谢你的来访 |
[24:36] | – How goes your motion for a mistrial? – It doesn’T. | – 审判无效的动议进行得如何了? – 还没完成 |
[24:41] | I expected better of you. All right,then. | 希望你那边情况好一些 那么好吧 |
[24:44] | I’ve been reviewing the transcripts of this trial, | 我已经重新看过这场审判的文件 |
[24:47] | and in presenting your client’s defense, you’ve never once brought up his son,vahan. | 在你委托人的辩护陈述中 你从未提起过他的儿子,Vahan |
[24:51] | And it looks like he’s the one who set the fire. | 但看上去是他的儿子纵的火 |
[24:53] | Asourian won’t let me mention the boy. | Asourian不让我提那个孩子 |
[24:55] | And vahan’s vanished. Nobody’s seen him in years. | 而且Vahan失踪了 几年内没人见过他 |
[24:59] | I keep wondering how wonderful it would be if vahan were suddenly just to turn up. | 我一直在想, 如果Vahan突然出现 那该有多好啊 |
[25:04] | You’d get your mistrial and preserve your sterling reputation.More billable hours. | 你可以得到你的审判无效 还可以守住自己的名声, 收取更多的报酬 |
[25:08] | – All sorts of good things could happen. – Yeah,I know. | – 所发生的一切都非常有利 – 是的, 我知道 |
[25:11] | Asourian won’t let me mention the boy,though. He’s quite serious about that. | 可Asourian不会让我提起那个孩子 在这一点上他很认真 |
[25:15] | Yeah,well,maybe we’ll get lucky and someone’ll just turn up with an untraceable tip that will lead us to vahan. | 是啊, 也许有人会通过无法追踪的渠道 匿名提供一些线索, 帮我们找到Vahan |
[25:23] | And this can end. | 这一切就都可以结束了 |
[25:27] | How untraceable? | 怎么不被追踪? |
[25:29] | They’ll find weapons of mass destruction in baghdad first. | 他们将首先在巴格达 找到大规模杀伤性武器 |
[25:32] | Because the L.A.P.D. Brass doesn’t want a mistrial,either,and I’ve been so warned. | 因为洛杉矶警署不希望审判无效 我已经听到过相关的警告了 |
[25:39] | Well,gosh. | 唉 |
[25:42] | I certainly wouldn’t want to get you into any kind of trouble. | 我真的不想让你卷入到 任何类型的麻烦当中 |
[25:49] | Hello? | 喂? |
[25:53] | Hello? | 喂? |
[25:58] | Let me think how I can help you. Um… | 让我想想我怎样才能帮你, 嗯… |
[26:05] | would you excuse me? Something at lunch didn’t agree with me. | 不好意思 中午吃错东西了 |
[26:09] | I’ll be right back. | 我一会儿就回来 |
[26:30] | Hello? Hello? You there,jamie? | 喂?喂? 在么, Jamie? |
[26:35] | Do you have a message from my father? | 有没有我父亲的口信? |
[26:38] | Could you get me an address that goes with that number? | 查查这个号码的所在地 |
[26:40] | Chief,if aram asourian walks out of court tomorrow a free man– | 警长, 如果Aram Asourian明天当庭释放 |
[26:44] | that’s not my case,sergeant gabriel. It’s just not my case. | 这和我的案子无关, Gabriel警佐 和我的案子无关 |
[27:07] | Will you stop? | 能不能别照了? |
[27:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:13] | Is it apartment 3? | 那是3号公寓么? |
[27:15] | Negative.It’s apartment 1-A. “A” as in alpha. | 不, 那是1-A “A” alpha的A |
[27:18] | 1-A. Everyone got that? | 1-A, 大家听到没有? |
[27:20] | He’s been in there all day. | 他整天都在那里 |
[27:23] | If you had his girlfriend, you’d be in there all day,too. | 如果你有他那样的女朋友 你也会整天都呆在那里 |
[27:36] | Vahan is not inside. | Vahan不在里面 |
[27:39] | He’s on foot. | 他在走路 |
[27:41] | Heading towards the apartment. | 正朝公寓走去 |
[27:53] | In pursuit,heading north on the alley. | 开始追捕, 正沿道路向北跑去 |
[28:04] | Don’t make me run, you bastard! | 给我站住, 该死的! |
[28:18] | Officer needs help.We have shots fired at our location.Send an ambulance. | 请求支援, 在我们所处的位置发生枪战 派一辆救护车过来 |
[28:22] | Get down! | 趴下! |
[28:26] | Wait! Wait! Where are you? | Flynn,在哪里,Flynn? |
[28:28] | Over here. | 这边 |
[28:31] | – Are you hit? – Shut up,you moron. | – 你中枪了么? – 闭嘴, 你这个白痴 |
[28:34] | No,I’m fine. | 没有, 我没事 |
[28:38] | All right,I’m going to have to ask you to step back. | 好了, 请退后 |
[28:40] | Do me a favor. Get my vest out of the car. | 帮我个忙 把我的防弹衣从车里拿出来 |
[28:43] | I don’t want to get into a beef about not following protocol. | 我不想因为没有按条例行事 而陷入麻烦当中 |
[28:53] | If you could give us a moment,please? Thank you. | 能不能回避一会儿? 谢谢 |
[28:58] | Vahan? | |
[28:59] | I’m deputy chief brenda leigh johnson of the L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉矶警署的Brenda Leigh代理警长 |
[29:03] | Under the circumstances, I’ve called for a priest. | 在这种情况下 我已经叫了一名牧师 |
[29:06] | But I need to record your statement before I let him in. | 但在让他进来之前 我要先录下你的陈述 |
[29:09] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白我的意思么? |
[29:12] | Since he’s not going to be here much longer, do you think we need to read him his rights? | 由于他不会在这里呆很长时间 你认为我们需要向他宣读他的权力么? |
[29:17] | Well, it’s better to be safe than sorry,yeah. | 保险一点总比事后后悔要强 |
[29:20] | Today is tuesday,june 20,2006. 4:12 in the afternoon. | 现在是2006年6月20日, 星期二 下午4点12分 |
[29:26] | I’m in glendale memorial hospital with vahan nazim asourian. | 我正在Glendale Memorial医院 和Vahan Aazim Asourian一起 |
[29:31] | Sergeant david gabriel is also present. | David Gabriel也在场 |
[29:33] | Vahan,you have the right to remain silent. | Vahan, 你有权保持沉默 |
[29:35] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 但你你所说的一切将会变成陈堂证供 |
[29:38] | You have the right to a lawyer. Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你有权请律师 你明白我所说的话么? |
[29:42] | – Try and speak if you can. – Yes,I understand. | – 如果可以, 请说话 – 是的, 我明白 |
[29:45] | Hey,stay calm,man. Stay calm. | 嘿, 镇静, 镇静 |
[29:50] | Now,vahan, | 现在, Vahan |
[29:51] | I am so,so sorry about how this has ended up for you, | 对于你现在的情况,我很遗憾 |
[29:56] | but before we part,you have an opportunity very few people ever have. | 但在我们开始之前 你有一个难得的机会 |
[30:03] | You can save someone’s life– your father’S. | 你可以拯救某个人的生命 你的父亲 |
[30:07] | You know what i’m talking about,don’t you? | 你明白我在说什么,不是吗? |
[30:11] | Now,what about the nightclub fire? | 现在, 跟我谈谈夜总会纵火案的事情 |
[30:14] | Did your father start that,or did you? | 是你父亲放的, 还是你放的? |
[30:20] | I tip the owner of the club $200. | 我给了夜总会老板200美元 |
[30:26] | He still won’t let me inside. | 可他仍然不让我进去 |
[30:29] | He disrespected me. | 他一点也不尊重我 |
[30:32] | Called me a name. | 叫我的名字 |
[30:34] | What did you do to the nightclub? | 你对夜总会做了什么? |
[30:41] | I burn it down. | 我放火把它烧掉了 |
[30:43] | I saw the owner’s car in the lot. | 我看到老板的车在停车场 |
[30:46] | I thought he was inside. | 就以为他在里面 |
[30:49] | It was just girls cleaning. | 结果却只有几个女孩在打扫卫生 |
[30:52] | I didn’t know that. I didn’t know. | 我当时不知道, 我不知道 |
[30:58] | Then my father put me on a plane to new jersey and go on trial for me. | 接着我父亲把我送上飞往新泽西的飞机 然后顶替我去接受审判 |
[31:05] | My father is a good man. A great man. | 我父亲是一个好人 一名了不起的人 |
[31:09] | So you tried to keep your father out of jail by killing the witness in the first trial. | 所以你为了不让你父亲坐牢 杀死了第一次审判中的证人 |
[31:14] | I come back to L.A. And I shoot the man who saw my father. | 我回到了洛杉矶 杀死了见到过我父亲的那个人 |
[31:21] | And in the second trial, did you poison bela rose? | 在第二次审判中 你有没有对Bela Rose下毒? |
[31:25] | I made some phone calls to the courthouse. | 我打了几个电话给法院 |
[31:28] | I planned to kill juror number 4. | 我本想杀死4号陪审员 |
[31:32] | But the other lady die first. | 结果另外一名女士先死了 |
[31:36] | And we end the interview to accommodate vahan’s surgery. | 现在我们结束对Vahan的调查 |
[31:42] | What are you doing? | 你们想干什么? |
[31:43] | We’re going to take you for an operation so you can get better. | 我们要让你去接受手术 这样你就可以好起来 |
[31:45] | But–but– you said I’m dying. | 不过, 不过 你们说我就要死了 |
[31:49] | Oh,no. I was very careful not to say that,vahan. | 噢, 不 我可没这么说, Vahan |
[31:54] | You get well soon now,you hear? | 你很快就会好起来, 听到了? |
[32:08] | Congratulations,chief. You got your mistrial. | 恭喜, 警长 审判无效的判决已经下来了 |
[32:10] | It’s not my mistrial. It’s my arrest. | 审判无效和我无关 我只管破案 |
[32:13] | You’d think people’d be happy to put a genuine killer behind bars. | 抓到真凶一定很高兴吧 |
[32:16] | Aram asourian is the leader of a mob family. | Aram Asourian是一个黑帮家族的头领 |
[32:20] | Yeah,well,maybe next time you can pair him up with a crime he’s actually committed. | 好吧, 也许下一次你可以根据某项 他真正犯下的罪行而指控他 |
[32:23] | Personally,I always feel better about the justice system when it matches up murder charges with the right person. | 我个人对当前的司法系统总是感觉良好 特别是能将谋杀指控和正确的人对应起来 |
[32:29] | Then it’s too bad vahan didn’t confess to killing the juror,too. | 糟糕的是, Vahan并没有坦白 那个陪审员也是他谋杀的 |
[32:33] | Well,maybe he didn’T. But bela rose didn’t die a natural death. | 也许他并没有 不过Bela Rose的确不是死于自然因素 |
[32:36] | And thanks to lieutenant flynn’s determination– | 感谢Flynn的决定 |
[32:38] | which I know you and the L.A.P.D. Are desperate to acknowledge– | 据我所知你和洛杉矶警署 一直都很想知道 |
[32:41] | I now can talk to the jurors who actually saw her die. | 我可以和那些亲眼目睹她死去的 陪审员们谈谈 |
[32:45] | – Commander. – Sergeant. | – 队长 – 警佐 |
[32:55] | So, the jury consultant for the defense | 辨方的陪审员顾问 |
[32:58] | told us that you were good friends with bela. | 告诉我们你是Bela的好朋友 |
[33:00] | Yeah, we gossiped a lot. | 是的, 我们经常在一起闲聊 |
[33:03] | My son’s going to college next year, too, | 我儿子明年也要上大学了 |
[33:05] | and, um, she had her… | 不过她, 她… |
[33:07] | her heart problem. | 她的心脏病发作了 |
[33:12] | So, if we told you that bela took 16 pills all at once on purpose | 如果我们告诉你Bela故意一次性服下16枚药片 |
[33:16] | you’d be surprised? | 你会感到惊讶么? |
[33:17] | Very. | 非常惊讶 |
[33:19] | Look, people who are going to kill themselves don’t exercise | 想要自杀的人不会坚持锻炼 |
[33:23] | and eat healthy and plan trips. | 并保持健康的饮食 还要计划出游 |
[33:26] | So, yesterday in the jury room | 这么说, 昨天, 在陪审室里 |
[33:30] | you saw her take her medication? | 你看着她服下药物了? |
[33:33] | Her vitamins at lunch. | 午餐的时候, 维生素 |
[33:35] | Just 2 capsule though, not 16 pills. | 两个胶囊而已, 并不是16个药片 |
[33:38] | And I’m sitting next to her the whole time | 而且整段时间我一直坐在她的身边 |
[33:41] | when she stood up and screamed. | 突然她站起身来发出尖叫 |
[33:47] | Did she say anything else | 她有没有说别的 |
[33:49] | about anyone else in her family | 关于家里的某个人 |
[33:52] | other than her son? | 除了她儿子之外? |
[33:53] | She worried about money. | 她很为钱的事情担心 |
[33:55] | Between sending justin to college and | 既要供Justin上大学 |
[33:59] | the assisted living center for her mother-in-law | 还要供养婆婆 |
[34:02] | Bela said they were looking at an additional 40 grand a year. | Bela说, 他们需要一年多挣4万美元 |
[34:05] | She wanted a smaller house | 她想换一个小点的房子 |
[34:07] | cut back on expenses | 以节省开支 |
[34:09] | lower the stress on her heart. | 减轻丈夫的负担 |
[34:12] | They weren’t in complete agreement about all that. | 他们对这一切没有达成一致 |
[34:15] | She told you about these arguments? | 她跟你说的? |
[34:17] | No, but I couldn’t help but overhear her | 没有 无意中听到的 |
[34:21] | once or twice | 一到两次 |
[34:22] | bela on her cell phone. | Bela用手机打电话的时候 |
[34:24] | During lunch she’d call home | 午饭时间, 她打电话回家 |
[34:25] | and things would start out all considerate | 开始还没事 |
[34:28] | and then they’d get really intense. | 后来却吵了起来 |
[34:32] | It’s interesting, isn’t it? | 很有意思, 不是么? |
[34:33] | With all we have to spend on sending our kids to college | 得花钱送孩子上大学 |
[34:37] | and taking care of our parents | 还得照顾我们的父母 |
[34:39] | even doctors have to cut back. | 既便是医生们也要节省开支 |
[34:48] | Hey, chief. | 嗨, 警长 |
[34:50] | So I served the search warrant at the roses’ house. | 我已经请求了对Roses家的搜查令 |
[34:52] | And we got the doctor in an interview room | 还把那个医生带进了审讯室 |
[34:54] | and he’s hopping mad. | 他看上去怒不可遏 |
[34:55] | He’s making all kinds of noise about suing us and stuff. | 他声称要控告我们 |
[34:58] | – Yeah, well – he’ll get over that. | – 好吧 – 他会停下来的 |
[34:59] | Did you get his wife’s prescriptions? | 你拿到他妻子的处方没有? |
[35:01] | – Yeah. Tao’s sorting through them – Good | – 是的, Tao正在处理 – 很好 |
[35:03] | She had 3 months’ worth of drugs delivered at once. | 她一次性购买了三个月的药物 |
[35:05] | Paid one deductible. | 一次性付清 |
[35:06] | – Chief – Yes? | – 警长 – 什么? |
[35:08] | I set your mother up so she could watch tv until you’re finished | 我让你妈妈去看电视 等你办完事 |
[35:11] | but if I were you I’d leave her alone for a bit. | 不过如果我是你 就不会单独丢下她 |
[35:13] | She’s not in the best of moods right now. | 她现在的情绪可不太好 |
[35:16] | Detective sanchez thank you. | Sanchez探员 谢谢 |
[35:18] | Oh, I brought this back from the funeral for you | 哦, 这个是我从葬礼仪式上带回来的 |
[35:20] | since you’re off sweets. | 既然你已经戒掉了糖果 |
[35:22] | It’s a cake-like object | 这是一个看起来像蛋糕的东西 |
[35:24] | made with some sort of prune crap substitute for sugar. | 由某种可以代替糖的东西制成 |
[35:42] | There’s no substitute for sugar. | 没有什么可以代替糖… |
[36:02] | Hi, chief What can I do for you? | 嗨, 警长 有什么需要帮忙的? |
[36:04] | How dare you bring my family down here? | 你怎么能把我的家人带到这里来? |
[36:08] | Read me my rights I refuse to talk to you. | 念一下我的权利 我拒绝跟你说话 |
[36:12] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[36:13] | I’ll get what I need to know from your mom. | 我会从你妈妈那里问到 我想知道的事情 |
[36:16] | You stay away from my mother! | 离我妈妈远点! |
[36:17] | Why is that, doctor? | 为什么, 医生? |
[36:19] | What does she know that you don’t want her telling me? | 有什么事情她知道 而你却不想让她告诉我? |
[36:21] | Think it’ll just pop out of her mouth as soon as I read her her rights? | 想想吧, 如果我念完她的权利 她可能马上就会和盘托出? |
[36:24] | – I want a lawyer. – well, why don’t you just take a seat? | – 我需要见律师 – 不如先坐下? |
[36:30] | Since you’ve invoked your right to counsel | 由于你已经使用了申请辩护律师的权利 |
[36:33] | – you leave me no choice, dr. Rose. – It’s nothing personal. | – 这让我别无选择, Rose医生 – 没有什么好隐藏的 |
[36:35] | I just have a dinner tonight that I cannot miss. | 今晚我要去赴一个晚宴, 不能错过 |
[36:48] | That’s david’s schedule | 这是David的日程安排 |
[36:49] | You can see how busy he is | 你可以看出他有多忙 |
[36:56] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[36:59] | I don’t mind your having it | 我并不介意你怎么说 |
[37:01] | but don’t ask me to betray my son | 但是别指望让我背叛我的儿子 |
[37:04] | You’re sure this isn’t against the law? | 你确信这没有违法吧? |
[37:07] | My watching? | 让我看到这个? |
[37:09] | In this little part of the world | 在这个小世界中 |
[37:11] | I am the law. | 我就是法律 |
[37:14] | Though we probably shouldn’t mention this to brenda leigh. | 不过我们最好别向Brenda Leigh提起这个 |
[37:19] | I won’t say a word. | 一个字也不提 |
[37:21] | So, why don’t you tell me how long have you lived with them? | 你干嘛不告诉我 你跟他们一起生活了多久? |
[37:27] | Since bela returned to teaching. | Bela重新开始教书后 |
[37:29] | She needed me to care for the children in the afternoon | 她需要我下午帮忙照看一下孩子们 |
[37:34] | and baby-sit if they went out make dinner | 他们出去的时候看着孩子 还有做饭 |
[37:38] | though I… I don’t do much cooking anymore | 虽然我… 我不怎么做饭 |
[37:41] | I broke an expensive platter last christmas | 去年圣诞节, 我打碎了一个昂贵的盘子 |
[37:45] | So, justin’s off to college Emily’s 12 | Justin去上大学了 Emily也12岁了 |
[37:50] | And bela found me this wonderful retirement center. Lakeview terrace | Bela帮我找到一个很不错的疗养中心 在Lakeview Terrace |
[37:56] | I’ll have my own little studio | 我会有我自己的工作室 |
[37:59] | Just have to wait for someone to die then I move in. | 只需要等其中有人死去 然后我就可以搬进去了 |
[38:04] | – Sounds depressing – Well, I’m old,now. | – 听起来很令人不安 – 我已经老了 |
[38:08] | I break things I’m useless. | 老是打碎东西, 没有用了 |
[38:13] | or put another way | 不过在另一个方面 |
[38:15] | you took care of your grandchildren | 你照看好了孙子孙女们 |
[38:17] | you worked for your son and daughter-in-law as a maid | 你就像是女仆一样, 为儿子和儿媳干活 |
[38:19] | and when you outlivedyour physical ability | 当你身体不行了, 干不动的时候 |
[38:22] | they decided to put you someplace people go to die | 他们就决定把你送到一个地方去等死 |
[38:25] | Too bad they couldn’t just drop you off on an ice floe somewhere | 他们干嘛不干脆把你抛弃算了? |
[38:28] | Oh! It wasn’t like that | 哦, 不是这样的 |
[38:30] | My son loves me | 我儿子很爱我 |
[38:32] | And it’s a very, very nice place, lakeview terrace. | 而且Lakeview Terrace是个非常不错的地方 |
[38:35] | They have a dining room | 那里有餐厅 |
[38:39] | nursing. It’s assisted living, they call it. | 有人护理, 他们称作什么, 生活辅助 |
[38:42] | Sounds cheery. | 听起来不错 |
[38:45] | Let’s talk about bela for a minute now | 我们谈谈Bela吧 |
[38:47] | because we’re pretty sure that she didn’t kill herself | 因为我们可以肯定, 她不是自杀的 |
[38:50] | and there was nothing out of the way in her food | 而她的食物也没有什么问题 |
[38:53] | So I keep wondering where that extra digoxin came from | 所以我们一直在想 多余的地高辛是从哪里来的 |
[38:58] | Now, bela got her prescription in 3 month lots | Bela拿到了最近三个月的药 |
[39:02] | And you know what’s interesting? I’ve worked it out. | 你知道么? 我检查过了 |
[39:05] | There were 16 pills missing from her last delivery | 她最后一次购买的药品中 有16片不见了 |
[39:08] | which just happens to coincide with the dose that killed her. | 巧合的是, 杀死她的也正好是这个剂量 |
[39:13] | But bela didn’t take 16 pills at lunch | 可是Bela并没有在吃午餐的时候 服下这16片药 |
[39:16] | when she was poisoned She only took these | 当她中毒身亡的时候 她只服下了这些 |
[39:19] | her vitamins | 维生素 |
[39:21] | We know from her cell phone records | 我们查过她手机的通话记录 |
[39:24] | that she was calling home during the day. | 那天她打电话回家了 |
[39:27] | And we also know from a witness | 我们还从一个证人那里得知 |
[39:29] | that she was arguing with someone about putting you into | 她正在和某个人争吵 关于把你送进 |
[39:33] | this lovely assisted living center people are just dying to get out of. | 这个援助中心的事情 有人拼命要从那里出来 |
[39:38] | But david wasn’t home during the day. | 可是那天David并不在家 |
[39:40] | You’ve just gone and written out a schedule for me. | 你刚刚为我写了一份他的日程安排 |
[39:43] | So who was she arguing with? | 那么她是在跟谁吵呢? |
[39:48] | You. | 跟你 |
[39:50] | Goodness gracious. | 天哪 |
[39:52] | It’s her. | 是她 |
[39:54] | Because lakeview terrace which has neithera lake nor a terrace | 由于Lakeview(湖景) Terrace(阳台) 既没有湖也没有阳台 |
[39:57] | called last week And guess what? | 上个星期打过电话 你猜什么? |
[40:01] | Your room’s ready But I don’t think you want it. | 你的房间已经准备好了 不过我想你并不想去 |
[40:04] | In fact, I think you’re terrified of going there. | 事实上, 我觉得你很怕去那里 |
[40:06] | And you knew that there’d been threats against the jury | 而且你知道 陪审断收到恐吓 |
[40:09] | that your daughter-in-law was serving on. | 而你的儿媳正是其中的一员 |
[40:10] | So you decided to use these threats for cover. | 你决定利用这场威胁来掩盖事实真相 |
[40:13] | So you ground up 16 digoxin pills | 于是你碾碎了16片地高辛药片 |
[40:15] | pulled apart these capsules substituted the contents | 拉开这些胶囊 将里面的药物 |
[40:20] | of bela’s heart medication | 用治疗Bela心脏病的药替换掉 |
[40:22] | and popped them back into her pillbox | 然后把它们放回到她的药片盒中 |
[40:24] | knowing full well that when bela took her vitamins she’d keel over dead. | 而且知道Bela会在服用维生素时倒地身亡 |
[40:31] | And you were only defending yourself. | 你一直在为自己辩护 |
[40:34] | It was wrong | 这很不对 |
[40:35] | what they were doing. | 他们所做的事情 |
[40:36] | Why, I’d never put my mother in an assisted living center. | 我绝对不会把我母亲送入援助中心 |
[40:39] | I’d take care of her myself because she took care of me. | 我情愿亲自照顾她 因为以前是她照顾我 |
[40:45] | Is that how your son felt about you? | 你儿子不是这样想的吧? |
[40:49] | Or was he more worried about bela’s heart? | 或许他更关心的是Bela的心脏病吧? |
[40:55] | Bela didn’t have a heart. | Bela并没良心 |
[40:58] | She used me up is what she did. | 她一直都在利用我 |
[41:01] | She exhausted me She worked me like a dog | 她榨干了我的一切 像一条狗那样使唤我 |
[41:06] | so she could shop and have dinner and work. | 这样她就可以去购物, 可以去享用晚宴 可以去上班 |
[41:10] | And if she could have | 如果可以的话 |
[41:11] | she’d have dropped me off at the vet’s and had them put me to sleep. | 她会把我丢到那些兽医那里 叫他们弄死我 |
[41:19] | The smell at lakeview terrace. | Lakeview Terrace那里的味道 |
[41:21] | The smell. | 那个味道 |
[41:25] | I didn’t deserve to die in that smell. | 我不应该那个味道中死去 |
[41:31] | What can you possibly do to me that would be worse than that? | 对我来说还有比这更糟糕的吗? |
[41:35] | I didn’t deserve to die in that smell | 我不应该在那个味道中死去 |
[41:38] | after all I did for them. | 不管怎么说, 我为他们做了不少事情 |
[41:41] | I didn’t deserve it. | 我不应该会是这样的下场 |
[42:05] | I am so excited. | 我真高兴 |
[42:07] | A dinner out in hollywood | 在好莱坞享受一次晚宴 |
[42:09] | and a special surprise. | 还有一个特别的惊喜 |
[42:11] | Are we gonna see some movie stars? | 我们会不会去见那些影星? |
[42:14] | Not that angelina jolie but maybe george clooney | 即使不是Angelina Jolie 也可以是George Clooney |
[42:19] | you’re sure in a better mood than you were after the funeral. | 看上去你的心情 比葬礼后好多了 |
[42:22] | Well, your aunt floetta had been brain-dead for so long, anyway. | 不管怎么说 你Floetta姨妈已经脑死亡那么长时间了 |
[42:27] | And your aunt denise drinks a little. | 还有你Denise姨妈有时还喝喝酒 |
[42:30] | The truth is, I just wanted to spend some time with you, brenda leigh | 事实上, 我只想和你一起呆一段时间 |
[42:34] | I miss you. I miss you very much. | 我很想念你 非常想念你 |
[42:38] | I miss you too, mama. | 我也想你, 妈妈 |
[42:41] | Goodness, is someone coming with us? | 有人要跟我们一起去么? |
[42:45] | Is that it? Is that the surprise? | 就是这个? 这个就是惊喜? |
[42:48] | – Ooh! Is that it? – Yes. Now, mama | – 噢! 就是这个? – 是的, 妈妈 |
[42:50] | I don’t want you to get all excited about this and all | 我不想你为此而感到太高兴 |
[42:52] | You know too happy. | 别太高兴了 |
[42:55] | You’re dating someone! Oh, honey, how wonderful! | 你要和某个人约会! 噢, 亲爱的, 这太好了! |
[42:59] | – I can’t wait to tell your father – Uh mama? Too happy Too happy. | – 我几乎等不及要告诉你父亲了 – 妈妈? 太高兴太高兴了 |
[43:04] | – What does he do for a living? – Uh he’s a special agent for the F.B.I. | – 他是干什么的? – 他是FBI联邦特工 |
[43:07] | He has a job, too! And it must be serious | 他还有工作! 那一定要认真对待 |
[43:12] | because you’re introducing us. | 你要介绍我们互相认识 |
[43:14] | Not unless you let me go. | 除非你放开我 |
[43:19] | – Fritz, come in – Thank you, brenda. | – Fritz, 进来 – 谢谢, Brenda |
[43:26] | Fritz howard, I’d like you to meet my mama | Fritz Howard, 见见我的妈妈 |
[43:29] | – willie ray johnson – It’s a pleasure, ma’am. | – 很高兴见到您, 夫人 |
[43:33] | How lovely Why thank you Thank you so much. | 多么可爱啊, 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[43:38] | I was just asking brenda if we were gonna see some movie stars | 我刚刚问Brenda 我们会不会见到某个影星 |
[43:42] | and you walk through the door So handsome. Mmm! | 接着你就从门外进来了 多英俊啊 |
[43:47] | I’ll just snip the ends off these and find something to put them in | 我去把底部剪掉 然后找东西把它们装起来 |
[43:50] | and then we’ll be right off for dinner. | 然后我们去赴晚宴 |
[43:58] | – Shall I tell her where the vase is? – No,no. No. | – 我是不是该告诉她花瓶在哪儿? – 别, 别, 别 |
[44:05] | I want to thank you so much for moving everything out yesterday | 非常感谢你昨天把东西都搬出去了 |
[44:09] | and for coming back tonight. | 还有今天晚上又回来了 |
[44:11] | – For dinner | – For dinner – 回来吃饭 – 回来吃饭 |
[44:17] | But the u-haul’s still out front. | 不过车还在前面 |
[44:20] | There’s a limit to how long it’s gonna stay there. | 不会一直停在那里的 禁止任何商业用途否则后果自负 |
[44:32] | The Closer Season 2 Episode 2 | 罪案终结 |
[44:37] | It’s a flexible limit. | 停多久看情况 |
[44:40] | Smile! | 笑一下! |