时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Excuse us. | 借过 |
[00:09] | Uh, the 911 caller said the south tower. | 报警电话说是在南塔 |
[00:12] | Right. Which you get to from the central plaza on the third floor. | 对 上3楼大厅就可以到南塔 |
[00:15] | No. You cross around the corridor. | 不 应该从走廊绕过去 |
[00:17] | Well, you know what? | 好吧 |
[00:18] | We’ll just see who gets there first. | 比比谁先到那裡 第9集《Heroic Measures》 |
[00:44] | There’s no reason for you to have called the police. | 你根本没有报警的理由 |
[00:46] | I called the police because no one can explain what happened to my son. | 我报警是因为没人可以解释 我儿子究竟发生什麽事 |
[00:49] | Ms. Langner, please. | Langner太太 拜託 |
[00:50] | Let me get you a grief counselor. | 让我帮你找个心理辅导医师 |
[00:52] | I don’t need a grief counselor! | 我不要什麽心理辅导医师! |
[00:54] | I want those doctors arrested. | 我要把那些医生抓起来 |
[00:56] | Let’s discuss this in my office. | 到我办公室去谈吧 |
[00:58] | Detective Daniels, L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉矶警局的Daniels探长 |
[01:00] | Priority Homicide. | 重案组的 |
[01:01] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[01:02] | They murdered my son. | 他们谋杀了我儿子 |
[01:08] | OK, just take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[01:10] | Take a breath. | 深呼吸 |
[01:16] | OK? | 好点了吗? |
[01:18] | So, what’s going on here? | 怎麽回事? |
[01:23] | I brought my son Nicky in for a simple endoscopy. | 我带我儿子Nicky 来做了个简单的内视镜检查 |
[01:29] | And now he’s dead. | 现在他却死了 |
[01:32] | They killed him. | 他们杀死他了 |
[01:33] | Detective. If I may. | 探长 借一步说话 |
[01:38] | There’s no question that we’ve had a terrible tragedy here tonight. | 毫无疑问 今晚这裡发生了一场悲剧 |
[01:43] | But the presence of police… | 但是警察的到场… |
[01:46] | it just seems to be inflaming the situation. | 只会让情况变得更火上加油 |
[01:49] | It might be best for everyone if you just went home. | 如果你们回去的话对大家都好 |
[01:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:54] | You do not tell the L.A.P.D. to go home. | 你无权叫洛杉矶警察回家 |
[01:57] | Detective, please. | 探长 拜託 |
[01:58] | Don’t overreact to this situation. | 不要反应过度了 |
[02:03] | It is common to hear accusations like this from people who have lost children. | 像这类失去孩子的情况下 出现这种指责是很正常的 |
[02:06] | But I can assure you, | 但我可以向你保证 |
[02:07] | the doctors took all heroic measures to save the boy’s life. | 医生们已经尽了全力 去挽救那男孩的生命 |
[02:11] | I’d like to hear that from them. | 我想这些话 应该由医生们亲自对我说 |
[02:14] | Dr. Woods and Dr. Sands are unavailable. | Woods医生和Sands医生 现在不在 |
[02:20] | Since you refuse to cooperate, | 既然你拒绝和我们合作 |
[02:23] | and I have reasonable suspicion regarding this attended death– | 基于死亡的结果 我有合理的怀疑… |
[02:25] | Reasonable suspicion? | 合理的怀疑? |
[02:26] | I am designating the O. R. a crime scene. | 我宣布手术室为犯罪现场 |
[02:29] | No one touches the body. | 任何人不得接触遗体 |
[02:30] | Nothing is disturbed or removed. | 任何东西都必须维持现状 |
[02:32] | Please secure the operating suite. | 请将手术室封锁起来 |
[02:43] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[03:04] | Sorry to pull you guys away from dinner. | 不好意思 打扰了你们的饭局 |
[03:05] | The speeches were endless. The food never came. | 没完没了地讲话 菜却不上来 |
[03:07] | I was about to eat my napkin. | 我都快要吃餐巾了 |
[03:09] | – What’s going on here? – Well, we have a problem. | – 怎麽了? – 我们有麻烦了 |
[03:11] | The mother over here, Melissa Langner, | 这是孩子的母亲Melissa Langner |
[03:13] | her son Nicky came in for a routine procedure. | 她儿子Nicky 来医院接受一个例行检查 |
[03:16] | Are you in charge? | 你是负责人吗? |
[03:18] | Talk to the lady. | 这位女士才是 |
[03:20] | Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson. I’ll be with you in a minute, sir. | 我是副警长Brenda Leigh Johnson 待会再跟你谈 先生 |
[03:22] | Go on. | 继续 |
[03:23] | So, her son, went through surgery to stop some minor gastric bleeding, | 为了治疗轻微的胃出血 她儿子接受了手术 |
[03:28] | there were some complications, he died, | 手术中出现了一些状况 他死了 |
[03:30] | and now she’s saying that he was murdered. | 而她说她儿子是被谋杀的 |
[03:36] | OK. | 好的 |
[03:37] | Thank you, Sergeant. | 谢谢 警官 |
[03:37] | – And you are? – Howard Pierce. | – 你是? |
[03:39] | Administrative director of Southwest Pacific University hospital. | 西南太平洋大学医院的院长 |
[03:42] | One of your people has shutdown our operating room. | 你的一个手下封锁了手术室 |
[03:44] | That was Daniels’ call before I got here. | 是Daniels的命令 我到的时候已经这样了 |
[03:48] | OK. | 好的 |
[03:49] | I’d be happy to address your concerns as soon as I get more information. | 尽快了解所有情况之后 我会考虑这件事的 |
[03:52] | One moment, please. | 请稍等我一下 |
[03:55] | Oh, excuse me. | 对不起 |
[03:56] | This is the woman I was speaking of. | 就是这位太太 |
[03:58] | Ms. Langner. | Langner太太 |
[04:00] | I’m Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson of the L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉矶警局的副警长 |
[04:05] | I’m sorry to press you at a time like this, | 我很抱歉 在这种情况下还要问你问题 |
[04:07] | but I need to know why you think your son was murdered. | 但我得知道 为什麽你认为你儿子被谋杀 |
[04:13] | Nicky started throwing up around 6:15. | Nicky在6:15的时候开始吐 |
[04:17] | There was a little blood. | 吐出的东西带了点血 |
[04:19] | I’m a fourth year medical student. | 我是医学院4年级学生 |
[04:21] | I knew it probably wasn’t anything too serious, | 我知道情况不太严重 |
[04:23] | but I didn’t want to misdiagnose him so I brought him here | 但为了以防万一 我还是带他来医院 |
[04:27] | so that they could scope him. | 让他可以接受内视镜检查 |
[04:32] | 10 minutes later, he was in major surgery. | 检查10分钟之后 他却需要动大手术了 |
[04:35] | 20 minutes later, he was dead. | 20分钟后 他就死了 |
[04:39] | That’s a… | 真是… |
[04:41] | That is a terrible story, Ms. Langner, | 真是太可怕了 Langner太太 |
[04:43] | but what makes you think it was a crime? | 但是什麽让你觉得这是犯罪呢? |
[04:47] | Because… | 因为… |
[04:49] | when I questioned Dr. Woods, | 在我质问Woods医生的时候 |
[04:51] | the vascular surgeon, | 就是那个血管外科医生 |
[04:53] | about the cause of death, | 我问他死因是什麽 |
[04:55] | he kept changing his answer. | 他的回答变化不定 |
[04:57] | And after the third response, | 在他第3次改口之后 |
[05:00] | he just looked at the other doctor, the G.I. specialist… | 他只是看著另外一个医生 那个肠胃科专家… |
[05:05] | and I saw it in their eyes. | 我看到他们的眼神了 |
[05:08] | They are covering something up. | 他们在隐瞒什麽 |
[05:12] | Ms. Langner… | Langner太太… |
[05:12] | Please… | 拜託… |
[05:14] | help me. | 帮帮我 |
[05:19] | Please? | 拜託 |
[05:25] | OK. I’ll be right back. | 好的 我等一下回来 |
[05:29] | I hope that we are acting on good solid suspicions and not just sympathy. | 希望我们的行动是有确实依据 而非仅仅基于对她的同情 |
[05:33] | Chief, I initiated this investigation because I was being actively obstructed. | 长官 是我下令展开调查的 因为我觉得他们故意阻挠调查 |
[06:13] | Could the bruises be from how he was handled during surgery? | 瘀伤会是手术造成的吗? |
[06:17] | No. | 不 |
[06:18] | I doubt it. | 我怀疑 |
[06:19] | The yellowing suggests they happened much earlier. | 瘀伤呈现黄色 说明它们早就有了 |
[06:28] | Is that a video camera? | 那是摄影机吗? |
[06:40] | You should know as soon as your grieving mother went to the bathroom, those guys appeared. | 你知道吗?那悲伤的母亲 一去洗手间 那些人就出现了 |
[06:45] | They’ve been huddling. | 他们聚在一起 |
[06:46] | Looks like they’re planning their next play. | 彷彿在策划他们的下一场表演 |
[06:51] | And they are leaving. | 现在他们离开了 |
[06:54] | I don’t think they’re a flight risk. | 不过他们不太可能畏罪潜逃 |
[06:59] | Mr. Pierce, I believe we’ve gotten off on the wrong foot. | Pierce先生 我想我们刚才都白忙一场了 |
[07:02] | I’m confident that with your cooperation, | 相信只要有你的配合 |
[07:04] | – we can resolve this issue right now. – I agree. | – 问题马上可以解决 – 我同意 |
[07:06] | All I need is the surgery video, the boy’s charts, | 我只需要手术录影带 男孩的病历 |
[07:08] | and to have a short conversation with the physicians. | 还有就是和医生们小聊一下 |
[07:10] | Well, that’s not going to happen. | 嗯 那不可能 |
[07:12] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 你说什麽? |
[07:13] | You want to resolve this quickly, let me help you. | 想快点解决问题 我来帮你 |
[07:15] | There…was…no…murder. | 不…是…谋…杀 |
[07:20] | You need to turn that operating suite back over to us right now. | 你必须立刻 把手术室交还给我们 |
[07:28] | Sergeant Gabriel, please notify building operations that we’ll be shutting down this floor. | Gabriel警官 请通知大楼各单位 我们要封锁这个楼层 |
[07:31] | Nothing goes in or out without our permission. | 未经允许 任何东西都不能进出 |
[07:33] | – Nothing. – You can’t do that! | – 任何东西 – 你不能这麽做 |
[07:34] | One more word out of you, | 你只要再说一个字 |
[07:35] | and I will padlock this entire hospital and arrest you for interfering with a murder investigation. | 我就封锁整个医院 并以妨碍 谋杀案调查的罪名将你逮捕 |
[07:47] | We don’t know there was malpractice. | 我们不知道 是不是有误诊的情况 |
[07:48] | Much less a crime, much less murder. | 更不用说犯罪、谋杀了 |
[07:50] | So let’s be clear about what’s going on here. | 所以现在说穿了就是 |
[07:52] | You’re launching a full-fledged investigation into a nationally respected hospital based on the hunch of a hysterical woman. | 你基于一个歇斯底里的女人 的直觉 对一家享誉全国的 医院展开了全面调查 |
[07:58] | Daniels and I both felt she might be telling the truth. | 我和Daniels都觉得 她说的可能是真的 |
[08:02] | OK. Make that three hysterical women. | 好的 那就是3个歇斯底里的女人 |
[08:05] | I know you don’t want me to respond to that. | 我知道你不希望 我对这案子展开调查 |
[08:07] | No. What it looks like to me is a grieving mother desperate to pin the blame for her son’s death on somebody. | 是的 在我看来就是一个 悲伤的母亲因为儿子死了 所以想找个人来怪罪一下 |
[08:13] | Ever consider she might be pinning it on those responsible? | 有没有想过 她可能是找 那些该负责的人来怪罪? |
[08:16] | Todd Woods is one of the top vascular surgeons in the country. | 是全国顶尖的血管外科医生 |
[08:19] | What possible motive could he or this other doctor have for murdering an 8-year-old boy? | 他或者另外那个医生 怎麽可能会有动机 去谋杀一个8岁的小孩呢? |
[08:22] | Well, then, if there’s no issue, | 那麽 如果没问题的话 |
[08:24] | why won’t this Mr. Pierce, | 那个Pierce先生 |
[08:25] | this jerk of a hospital administrator help me? | 那个混蛋院长 为什麽不愿意配合我的调查? |
[08:28] | Brenda, just because somebody doesn’t share your agenda doesn’t make them a jerk. | Brenda 只是因为某人和你意见 不一致而已 用不著叫他混蛋吧 |
[08:35] | Dr. Woods was decorated for his work as a trauma surgeon during the first Gulf War. | 在第一次海湾战争中 Woods医生因担任 外伤手术医生获得授勳 |
[08:39] | He pioneered the use of carotid stents. | 他开创了颈动脉插管治疗 |
[08:41] | Dr. Sands has performed over 2,000 endoscopic procedures. | Sands医生完成了 超过2,000个内视镜手术 |
[08:45] | – He’s been recognized– – Thank you. I get it. | – 被认为是… – 谢谢 我明白了 |
[08:47] | The attending physicians are geniuses. | 那天的主刀医生都是天才 |
[08:49] | Now, like Chief Johnson, | 现在 像Johnson警长一样 |
[08:50] | I am committed to resolving this with the least inconvenience for all involved. | 我的职责是解决这个问题 同时尽量不给大家 带来太多麻烦 |
[08:54] | Then end the criminal inquiry. | 那就中止罪案调查 |
[08:57] | If Ms. Langner continues to harbor doubts about her son’s treatment, | 如果Langner太太还是 对她儿子的治疗怀有疑问 |
[09:00] | she has numerous civil remedies available to her. | 她可以得到很多民事补偿 |
[09:02] | We are asking for minimal cooperation. | 我们只需要你最起码的合作 |
[09:05] | And I am telling you that these doctors’ records are protected, | 我得告诉你 医生的纪录是受到保护的 |
[09:07] | and they will remain confidential. | 这些记录仍然会继续保密 |
[09:11] | And let me give you a word of warning, sir, | 我给你一点忠告 先生 |
[09:13] | the legal principals at stake in this case are more important than you seem to imagine. | 这个案子的法律风险 比你想像的要大得多 |
[09:18] | Now I urge you to think very carefully about what you do next. | 我劝你对于下一步行动 要慎重考虑清楚 |
[09:28] | Martha, get me Martin Garnett, please. | Martha 请给我接Martin Garnett |
[09:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:32] | Garnett’s the Deputy district attorney. | Garnett是地区副检察官 |
[09:34] | I’m gonna ask him to have the grand jury issue subpoenas for everything related to the Langner case. | 我会要求他组成大陪审团 针对每个与此案有关的事物 发出传票 |
[09:39] | Just to satisfy my own stupid, uninformed curiosity. | 只为了满足我愚蠢的 未知的好奇心 |
[09:48] | There’s no reason to involve a grand jury. | 没必要组成大陪审团 |
[09:54] | I can arrange for the doctors to speak with you and for the hospital to turn over the video. | 我可以安排医生和你们谈话 并将录影带交给你们 |
[09:58] | But the charts remain sealed. | 但病历不能给你们 |
[10:00] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[10:01] | And how long will this take? | 这需要多久? |
[10:02] | I hope we don’t need to make an appointment. | 我们不需要预约吧 |
[10:03] | I’ll be back in 2 hours. | 我2小时内回来 |
[10:05] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[10:05] | Thank you. Thank you so much. | 谢谢 非常感谢 |
[10:10] | Wow. The motto is first do no harm. | 他们的格言是: 首先行医不能害人 |
[10:13] | They should add, second, don’t be so obnoxious. | 应该加上: 其次做人不要太讨厌 |
[10:15] | You realize that by limiting the information they turn over, | 你要知道 透过有选择性的 提供我们资料 |
[10:18] | they’re trying to guide our conclusions. | 他们可能在误导我们 |
[10:20] | You’re welcome, Brenda. | 不客气 Brenda |
[10:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:27] | As you can see, there was already significant bleeding when I began the E.G.D. | 如同你们看到的 在我开始 E.G.D.的时候 已经大出血了 |
[10:30] | The E.G.D.? | |
[10:31] | Esophago-gastro duodenoscopy. | 食管胃十二指肠内镜检查 |
[10:33] | It’s when the doctors slide the scope down the patient’s throat to get a visualization of the upper gastro intestinal tract. | 就是将视镜从病人喉部插入 以获得胃肠道上部的图像 |
[10:40] | What causes this kind of bleeding? | 怎麽会产生这样的出血呢? |
[10:43] | Hematemesis. Vomiting blood. | 咳血 吐血 |
[10:44] | It can be caused by gastritis, or in rare cases, Mallory-Weiss tears. | 可能是胃炎引起 在极少数情况下 也可能是 食道跟胃交界处的黏膜破损 |
[10:48] | Which are? | 意思是? |
[10:49] | Burst blood vessels in the mucosa of the esophagus. | 食管粘膜的血管破裂 |
[10:53] | I did a year in medical school. | 我上过一年医学院 |
[10:57] | Cauterization should reduce that bleeding, | 灼烧术应该能够缓解出血 |
[10:59] | but 3 minutes into the procedure, | 但进行到3分钟时 |
[11:01] | the patient’s blood pressure dropped to 60 over 30, | 病人的血压从60降到了30 |
[11:04] | began transfusing with O-negative. | 我就开始给他输O型阴性血 |
[11:06] | And called for surgical back-up. | 并且请求手术支援 |
[11:08] | I arrived less than 10 minutes later, | 不到10分钟我就到了 |
[11:10] | and performed an emergency laparotomy. | 我给他做了紧急剖腹手术 |
[11:12] | Exploring the abdominal cavity for hemorrhage. | 以寻找腹腔出血处 |
[11:16] | At 19:16, the patient coded. | 19点16分 病人心脏曾停止跳动 |
[11:19] | At 19:19, I discovered a bleed in the left gastric artery. | 19点19分 我在胃部左边动脉发现出血 |
[11:23] | As I began suturing this perforation, | 当我开始缝合穿孔时 |
[11:26] | the patient flatlined. | 病人的心电图呈直线 |
[11:29] | Had no meaningful heart function for 3 minutes. | 连续3分钟 没有恢复心脏正常跳动 |
[11:33] | Despite closing this rupture, | 虽然缝合了出血口 |
[11:34] | the patient’s diastolic pressure never rose above 20 millimeters. | 病人的舒张压 仍没有达到20毫米汞柱 |
[11:38] | Repeated attempts to establish a normal sinus rhythm failed, | 多次尝试恢复其心律未果 |
[11:42] | and we pronounced the patient dead at 19:31. | 于是在19点31分宣佈死亡 |
[11:48] | Thank you, Buzz. | Buzz 谢谢你 |
[11:49] | If you were to review your charts with our forensic pathologists, | 如果你们和我们的法医病理 学家一起再看一次医疗记录 |
[11:52] | would they be entirely consistent with what you just told us? | 他们会完全同意 你们刚刚所说的吗? |
[11:57] | No. | 不会 |
[11:58] | No. The charts would indicate something significant beyond that. | 不会 医疗记录会显示更惊人的讯息 |
[12:02] | Over the past 6 months, | 在过去6个月裡 |
[12:03] | Melissa Langner brought her son to the E.R. repeatedly with complaints ranging from allergies to asthma to acute gastric distress. | Melissa Langner频频带儿子 挂急诊 名目从过敏到哮喘 再到急性胃痛 |
[12:12] | The exact cause of these various ailments remains undetermined, | 这数种疾病的确实病因 都是无法确定的 |
[12:16] | but they share one common element. | 但有一个共同点 |
[12:20] | They all could’ve been artificially induced. | 它们都可能是人为导致的 |
[12:24] | And as you saw last night, | 就如同你们昨晚看到的 |
[12:25] | Melissa Langner is emotionally unstable. | Melissa Langner情绪不稳定 |
[12:28] | Are you suggesting Melissa Langner deliberately made her son sick? | 你是否在暗示Melissa Langner 是故意把儿子弄病? |
[12:31] | I am. | 是的 |
[12:32] | And the treating physicians thought this might be a case of Munchausen’s by Proxy and so listed it on the boy’s charts. | 因此治疗的医生认为可能是 代理孟乔森症候群的案例 所以把它记录在男孩的病历上 |
[12:39] | Doctors Woods and Sands were concerned that bringing these allegations to your attention would needlessly complicate a tragedy. | Woods医生和Sands医生担心 将这些情形告诉你们会 不必要地使这场悲剧複杂化 |
[12:45] | But if you’re certain this is murder, | 但如果你们肯定是谋杀案的话 |
[12:47] | then I’d consider Melissa Langner a serious suspect. | 那麽我认为 Melissa Langner有很大嫌疑 |
[12:56] | Thank you so much for coming in on such a sad day. | 很感谢你在如此难受的时候 还能过来一趟 |
[13:00] | Do you have someone staying with you? | 有人和你一起来吗? |
[13:02] | No, but I– I’m managing. | 没有 但我…我可以承受 |
[13:07] | Thank you for fol–following… | 谢谢你… |
[13:11] | through on this. | 展开调查 |
[13:13] | Well, we are committed to discovering exactly what happened to Nicholas. | 我们正在查明 Nicholas究竟发生了什麽事 |
[13:18] | I don’t believe you’ve met Lieutenant Tao. | 我想你还没见过陶副队长 |
[13:21] | My condolences. | 我深表同情 |
[13:25] | Ms. Langner, this morning, | Langner女士 今天上午 |
[13:28] | Dr. Woods and Dr. Sands gave their statements, | Woods医生和Sands医生 发表了声明 |
[13:31] | and they maintain your son died from severe internal bleeding. | 他们坚持你儿子 死于严重的内出血 |
[13:34] | Despite Dr. Woods having closed a perforation in the left gastric artery. | 即使Woods医生已经缝合了 左侧胃动脉的穿孔 |
[13:38] | Have you seen the charts yet? | 你们看过病历了吗? |
[13:39] | We haven’t, | 没有 |
[13:40] | but we’ve been assured there’s nothing in there that would contradict the video of your son’s surgery. | 但他们保证病历不会与 你儿子的手术录影有矛盾之处 |
[13:46] | I’m sorry to ask you questions on such a hard day, | 我很抱歉在你这样难受 的日子还要问你问题 |
[13:49] | but we were also told that in recent months, | 我们被告知最近几个月 |
[13:53] | Nicky’s made approximately a dozen trips to the E.R. | Nicky大概进过12次急诊室 |
[13:56] | Is that true? | 是真的吗? |
[14:00] | Nicky had always been a healthy kid. | Nicky一直是个健康的孩子 |
[14:04] | And then his Dad died last July, | 他父亲去年7月死了 |
[14:07] | it was totally unexpected. | 完全没有预料到的 |
[14:10] | Oh, my. | 哦 天啊 |
[14:12] | So Nicky is the second family member you’ve lost in a year? | 那麽说Nicky是你在一年内 失去的第2位亲人? |
[14:16] | That’s so unfortunate. | 真是不幸 |
[14:19] | After my husband died, I was almost suicidal. | 我丈夫死后 我几乎自杀 |
[14:22] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[14:24] | Have you been talking to anyone about this? | 你和别人谈过吗? |
[14:25] | Yes. And with antidepressants, things improved, | 是的 服用过抗忧鬱药后 情况有所改善 |
[14:31] | but Nicky, suddenly, he was sick. | 但是Nicky却突然生病了 |
[14:35] | All the time. | 一直生病 |
[14:36] | It was like he picked up every germ. | 他似乎沾染上了所有细菌 |
[14:39] | The flu, the chicken pox. | 流行性感冒 水痘 |
[14:43] | Yesterday, he was vomiting blood. | 昨天 他吐血了 |
[14:47] | Do you have any idea what might have caused your son to throw up? | 你知道是什麽东西 可能造成你儿子呕吐的吗? |
[14:59] | There are a hundred different physical reasons. | 有上百种身体方面的原因 |
[15:03] | Or it could’ve been a lot of stress. | 或是巨大的心理压力 |
[15:06] | Losing his Dad, being in a new school. | 失去了父亲 进新的学校 |
[15:10] | Was Nicky being treated for anything that might have affected his motor coordination? | Nicky是否接受过任何可能 影响他运动神经协调的治疗? |
[15:15] | No. Why? | 没有 怎麽了? |
[15:19] | Well, when we examined Nicholas, | 我们检查Nicholas的时候 |
[15:21] | he seemed to have several bruises. | 看上去有几处瘀伤 |
[15:24] | Was he bumping into objects or falling down a lot? | 他有撞到或经常摔倒吗? |
[15:30] | How else do you think he might have sustained those injuries? | 或你认为还有什麽因素 可能使他不断受伤? |
[15:39] | Are you suggesting I hurt Nicky? | 你是说我伤害Nicky? |
[15:43] | We have to consider all the possibilities. | 我们必须考虑所有可能性 |
[15:44] | That…isn’t…a possibility. | 那不是可能性 |
[15:49] | That is an insult. | 那是侮辱 |
[15:52] | My son was everything to me. | 我的儿子是我的一切 |
[15:55] | Do you really believe I would have hit him? | 你真的相信我会打他吗? |
[16:00] | Do you? | 你相信吗? |
[16:01] | Maybe not hit him, but hurt him. | 也许不是打他 而是伤害他 |
[16:03] | Doctors have access to things that can make children sick, | 医生能够接触到 让孩子致病的东西 |
[16:06] | and you’re a medical student. | 而你是医科学生 |
[16:08] | Well, thank you for your commitment to finding out what happened, Ms. Johnson. | 谢谢你查明事情真相的努力 Johnson小姐 |
[16:14] | But I won’t be needing your help anymore. | 但我不再需要你的帮助了 |
[16:18] | Mrs. Langner. | Langner太太 |
[16:22] | We have to help. | 我们必须帮忙 |
[16:24] | Whether you like it or not. | 无论你喜不喜欢 |
[16:35] | Last 10 years, I’ve worked 3 cases of Munchausen by Proxy. | 过去10年中 我接手3个 代理孟乔森症候群的案例 |
[16:38] | Mothers are supposed to be making their kids sick to get sympathy for themselves. | 母亲们让自己的孩子生病 以博取别人的同情 |
[16:42] | It’s bullshit. | 根本是胡扯 |
[16:43] | Really? | 是吗? |
[16:45] | And what about all the surveillance tapes of parents overdosing their kids and smothering them with pillows? | 那监视录影带中 让孩子 服药过量和用枕头闷死孩子 的父母是怎麽回事? |
[16:49] | Hey, I’m not saying it never happens. | 我又不是说这种事从不发生 |
[16:52] | But every case I saw, | 我见过的每一个案例 |
[16:53] | there was always a sick kid, a pain in the ass Mom, | 都有一个病童 痛苦的母亲 |
[16:56] | and a doctor who wanted them both to disappear. | 和一个想他们都消失的医生 |
[16:58] | Easiest way to accomplish that is say the word Munchausen. | 最简单的实现方式 就是「孟乔森」这个词 |
[17:01] | OK, Lieutenant Flynn, we appreciate your perspective, | 好的 Flynn副队长 我们感谢你的看法 |
[17:04] | but as you are our resident expert in Munchausen’s by Proxy… | 但你是我们这裡关于 代理孟乔森症候群的常驻专家… |
[17:07] | you want the profile, fine. | 你要档案 没问题 |
[17:09] | The FBI says that the vast majority of Munchausen perpetrators are women. | FBI说代理孟乔森症候群的 犯罪者往往是女人 |
[17:14] | 80 percent have medical background, | 80%有医学背景 |
[17:16] | and most are under psychiatric treatment. | 大多数在接受精神疾病治疗 |
[17:18] | So far we’re batting a thousand. Anything else? | 目前为止我们讨论的是上千人 还有什麽? |
[17:21] | Parent tends to keep their child from other adults and away from outside activities like playing with other kids. | 父母有让孩子远离其他成人 和户外活动 比如说 和其他孩子玩耍的倾向 |
[17:28] | Do we know anything about Nicholas Langner’s extended family? | 我们对Nicholas Langner的 生活瞭解多少? |
[17:31] | School friends, anything? | 学校裡的朋友 或任何资讯? |
[17:33] | Nicky attended Robert Hutchins Academy. | Nicky在Robert Hutchins学校上学 |
[17:37] | It’s an expensive private school, | 是一间昂贵的私立学校 |
[17:39] | and the teacher said he’s intelligent, | 老师说他很聪明 |
[17:41] | hardworking, shy. | 勤奋 害羞 |
[17:42] | One last thing, Chief. | 最后一点 长官 |
[17:44] | When Munchausen happens among medical people, | 代理孟乔森症候群 发生在有医学背景的人身上时 |
[17:46] | it’s to cause illness then save the kid to impress other doctors. | 让孩子生病然后治疗他们 是为了使其他医生印象深刻 |
[17:50] | An added incentive for Melissa Langner. | Melissa Langner的动机 又多了一条 |
[17:53] | The doctors treating her son were the same ones she’d have for medical rotations. | 治疗她儿子的医生 和她医学实习的医生相同 |
[17:58] | Whatever happened to good old fashioned brown-nosing? | 不管结果会怎麽样 只为了当个守旧的马屁精? |
[18:00] | Except she didn’t save the kid, did she? | 但是她并没有救活她的儿子 不是吗? |
[18:02] | Preliminary autopsy report. | 初步解剖报告 |
[18:05] | Nicholas Langner died from massive internal bleeding. | 死于大量内出血 |
[18:08] | Dr. Crippen found 3 prescription drugs in his system all within acceptable levels, | Crippen医生在他体内 发现了3种处方药 浓度都不高 |
[18:13] | and none could’ve acted with that specificity on his gastric artery. | 没有一种会导致他胃动脉 产生那种状况 |
[18:17] | OK, Lieutenant Provenza, | Provenza副队长 |
[18:20] | please get a warrant and search Melissa Langner’s house. | 申请搜索票 搜索Melissa Langner的房子 |
[18:22] | Keep a special eye out for any substances that might not have shown up in her son’s blood work but could’ve made him sick. | 特别留意不一定有在她儿子 血液中出现 但可能会造成 他生病的任何东西 |
[18:29] | Lieutenant Flynn, | Flynn副队长 |
[18:30] | please keep looking for Langner relatives. | 请继续寻找Langner家的亲戚 |
[18:32] | Sergeant Gabriel, | Gabriel警官 |
[18:33] | I think we ought to find out if Nick Langner played well with others. | 我想我们应该查明Nick Langner 和别人相处是否融洽 |
[18:37] | What’s the name of his school again? | 再说一遍 那学校叫什麽? |
[18:39] | Many of these kids haven’t even lost a pet. | 很多孩子甚至都没见过 宠物死亡 |
[18:42] | Imagine trying to explain the death of a classmate. | 想像一下试图解释 同班同学的死亡 |
[18:45] | My Nicky was such a special little boy. | 我的Nicky是如此特别的小孩 |
[18:48] | Did you have much interaction with his mother? | 你和他的母亲有很多互动吗? |
[18:52] | In 25 years of teaching, | 在25年的教学生涯中 |
[18:54] | I’ve dealt with a lot of overprotective parents, | 我遇到很多过度保护的家长 |
[18:57] | but they pale in comparison to Melissa Langner. | 但和Melissa Langner相比 就显得逊色了 |
[19:00] | What do you mean by that? | 你这麽说的意思是? |
[19:02] | Well, for example, when Nicky first arrived, | 比如说 Nicky刚来的时候 |
[19:06] | he was placed with one of our younger instructors. | 他被安排在一个年轻教师 的班上 |
[19:09] | But Ms. Langner reduced her to tears so often, | 但Langner女士经常让她流泪 |
[19:12] | and with so many accusations of carelessness, | 总是指责她粗心 |
[19:14] | that I moved him into my own class. | 所以我就把他 转到了我自己的班上 |
[19:18] | As we discussed, | 如同我们说过的 |
[19:19] | Nicky hadn’t been here very long, and he was shy. | Nicky来这裡的时间不长 他很害羞 |
[19:23] | Tyler Crosby wasn’t just his best friend, | Tyler Crosby不仅仅是 他最好的朋友 |
[19:25] | he was his only friend. | 也是他唯一的朋友 |
[19:27] | I’ve gotten permission from Tyler’s mother to have him speak with you, | 我得到了Tyler母亲的许可 让你和他谈谈 |
[19:31] | but, of course, you will be sensitive to what he’s going through. | 但是 当然 你要充分考虑到 他所经历的痛苦 |
[19:34] | Absolutely, ma’am. | 这是绝对的 女士 |
[19:36] | Of course. | 当然 |
[19:37] | Tyler. | |
[19:39] | I’m Brenda Leigh Johnson. | 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson |
[19:41] | Do you know why I’m here? | 你知道我为什麽来这裡吗? |
[19:43] | Nicky. | |
[19:44] | That’s right. | 说得对 |
[19:46] | We’re here to talk about your friend. | 我们来这裡聊聊你的朋友 |
[19:50] | It’s hard when someone you care about passes away. | 你所关心的人过世 是一件令人难过的事 |
[19:54] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:56] | I didn’t mean to. | 我不想的 |
[19:57] | I didn’t. | 我不想 |
[19:59] | I was only playing. | 我只是玩玩 |
[20:01] | You didn’t mean to what? | 你不想什麽? |
[20:05] | I didn’t mean to kill him. | 我不想杀死他的 |
[20:08] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:09] | Please don’t arrest me. | 不要逮捕我 |
[20:11] | Why– Why do you think you killed him? | 为什麽你认为是你杀了他? |
[20:13] | His Mom said not to wrestle. | 他妈说不要玩摔角 |
[20:17] | He wanted to. | 但他想玩 |
[20:19] | He came at me. | 他来找我 |
[20:20] | He made me. | 他逼我的 |
[20:23] | What–What did you do? | 你做了什麽? |
[20:25] | I turned him over and I held him down. | 我把他绊倒压在身下 |
[20:29] | But he was laughing. | 但是他还在笑 |
[20:33] | I didn’t mean to hurt him. | 我不想伤害他 |
[20:38] | Please don’t tell Nicky’s Mom. | 请别告诉Nicky的母亲 |
[20:40] | Please, I’m afraid of her. | 拜託 我很怕她 |
[20:43] | Did Nicky’s Mom threaten you? | Nicky的母亲威胁过你吗? |
[20:46] | Yeah. Yeah, she warned me. | 是啊 她警告过我 |
[20:49] | She warned me not to hurt him. | 她警告我不要伤害他 |
[21:02] | Langner’s house has padding on every table corner and covers on all the electrical outlets. | Langner房子裡桌角都有护垫 所有的插座都有遮蔽 |
[21:09] | I’m telling you, this is a Mom who wanted to build a giant bubble around her kid. | 这是一个想要在孩子周围 建立一个巨大保护层的母亲 |
[21:13] | All the medicine cabinets are full of vitamins. | 药橱裡都是维他命 |
[21:15] | Not to mention 3 half empty bottles of ipecac. | 更不用说3瓶半空的吐根剂 |
[21:18] | That induces vomiting. | 那东西会诱使呕吐 |
[21:19] | You do that enough, and anybody’s insides will start to bleed. | 到一定程度 任何人都会内出血 |
[21:21] | Chief, I found Melissa Langner’s in-laws in… | 长官 我在Rancho Palos Verdes |
[21:26] | Rancho Palos Verdes. | 找到了Melissa Langner的公婆 |
[21:28] | Beverly and Walter Langner. | Beverly和Walter Langner |
[21:30] | They’re in your office, and they want to talk. | 他们在你的办公室 想和你谈谈 |
[21:32] | OK. | 好的 |
[21:34] | We are both… | 我们都… |
[21:37] | horrified by Nicky’s death. | 对Nicky的死感到惊讶 |
[21:39] | But not completely surprised. | 但并不完全出乎意料之外 |
[21:41] | This past year… | 去年… |
[21:44] | since our son died so unexpectedly, | 自从我们的儿子无预警的死亡 |
[21:47] | Melissa’s become increasingly… | Melissa变得越来越 |
[21:50] | well… | 嗯… |
[21:51] | paranoid. | 偏执狂 |
[21:52] | She refused to let us near Nicky. | 她拒绝让我们接近Nicky |
[21:55] | We had to sue her to get limited visitation with our own grandson. | 我们必须起诉她 才能取得对孙子的基本探视 |
[22:00] | It’s so embarrassing. | 实在太尴尬了 |
[22:03] | What reasons did she give the judge for denying you visits? | 她用什麽理由 让法官否决你们的探视权? |
[22:05] | She claimed that Nicky was too sick to spend time away from home. | 她声称Nicky病得很重 无法离开家裡 |
[22:10] | And that my occasional cigar at dinner posed an unreasonable health risk. | 我晚饭后偶尔抽一支雪茄 也变成了毫无道理的健康威胁 |
[22:15] | If he was sickly, | 如果他病了 |
[22:16] | it was only because Melissa made him that way. | 也都拜Melissa所赐 |
[22:18] | But I don’t blame her alone. | 但我不怪她一个人 |
[22:21] | That boyfriend of hers played a part in this. | 她的男友也有份 |
[22:25] | Um, you didn’t mention a boyfriend. | 你们没有提过有个男友 |
[22:27] | A couple of months after our son died, | 我们儿子死后几个月 |
[22:30] | she took up with this guy she dated in high school. | 她和这个高中时约会过的人 在一起了 |
[22:32] | Jason Higgins. | |
[22:34] | She never let us meet him, | 她从不让我们见他 |
[22:35] | but the second that Nicky told us about him, | 但Nicky告诉我们的那一刻 |
[22:38] | I had him checked out. | 我就查过他底细了 |
[22:40] | He has an ex, | 他有个前妻 |
[22:42] | he owes alimony, | 要付赡养费 |
[22:43] | he owes child support, | 还要付孩子的扶养费 |
[22:44] | and there’s a restraining order against him, too. | 而且他还有个禁制令 |
[22:47] | Years back, we set up a trust for our son. | 多年前 我们为儿子设定了信託 |
[22:50] | And, uh… after he died, it passed on to our grandson, and… | 他死后 就传给了我们的孙子 |
[22:56] | now that he’s gone, too, that money, | 现在他也死了 那笔钱… |
[23:00] | it’s $3 million today, goes to Melissa, | 今天为止已经有300万美元了 就归Melissa了 |
[23:05] | and if she marries him, this Jason Higgins. | 如果她和他结婚 这个Jason Higgins |
[23:15] | According to Langner’s parents, | 根据Langner父母所说 |
[23:17] | Higgins has anger issues, | Higgins很容易激动 |
[23:18] | so we’re gonna play good cop, bad cop. | 所以我们需要 一个唱黑脸 一个唱白脸 |
[23:21] | You’re not gonna make me be the good cop, are you? | 你是不会让我唱白脸的 对吗? |
[23:23] | I don’t think that’s possible, Lieutenant. | 我认为不能让你唱白脸 副队长 |
[23:25] | How bad do you want me to be? | 那你要我装得有多坏? |
[23:28] | Go for broke. | 全力以赴吧 |
[23:30] | Mr. Higgins, Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson of the L.A.P.D. | Higgins先生 我是洛杉矶警局的 Brenda Leigh Johnson副警长 |
[23:37] | I just can’t believe he’s dead. | 我还是不敢相信他已经死了 |
[23:38] | I mean, the little guy got sick a lot, | 我是说 那个小傢伙经常生病 |
[23:40] | but I really thought he’d grow out of it. | 但我真的认为他能够好好长大 |
[23:43] | I was the same way when I was his age. | 我在他这个年纪的时候 也跟他一样常常生病 |
[23:45] | Yeah, and look at you now. | 是啊 看看现在的你 |
[23:46] | Easy, Lieutenant. | 别激动 副队长 |
[23:48] | How would you describe Melissa Langner’s behavior over the last several months? | 你对Melissa Langner最近 几个月来的行为怎麽看? |
[23:54] | Melissa…and I have known each other since we were 15. | 我和Melissa… 从15岁开始就认识了 |
[23:59] | She’s always been, I don’t know, tightly wound. | 她总是…我不知道…很紧绷 |
[24:03] | And her husband goes and drops dead on his morning jog, | 而她的丈夫在晨跑的时候 突然倒地死了 |
[24:06] | I mean, that’s enough to make anybody lose it a little bit. | 我是说 这让任何人在精神上 都有点难以接受 |
[24:09] | Do you believe Melissa Langner lost it? | 你认为Melissa Langner 有点失去理智了? |
[24:13] | You think Melissa had something to do with Nicky’s death? | 你们认为Melissa 跟Nicky的死有关? |
[24:17] | No way. Oh, no. | 不可能 哦 不会 |
[24:18] | Melissa’s whole life was about Nicky. | Melissa的整个人生就是Nicky |
[24:20] | She was totally obsessed with that kid. | 那孩子就是她唯一的寄託 |
[24:23] | And how’s your financial situation, Mr. Higgins? | 你的个人财务状况如何 Higgins先生? |
[24:27] | Is this about my ex wife? | 是不是跟我的前妻有关? |
[24:29] | ‘Cause I settled with her 3 months ago. | 我3个月前已经跟她解决好了 |
[24:30] | And I’ve made every payment since then. | 自那之后 我已经把所有的帐 都付清了 |
[24:32] | I’ll show you the cancelled checks if you want. | 如果需要的话 我可以把 已经兑现的支票给你们看 |
[24:33] | Why, you got ’em on you? | 怎麽了 你带在身上吗? |
[24:34] | We understand your ex wife took out a restraining order on you. | 据我们瞭解 你的前妻申请了 对你的禁制令 |
[24:37] | Yeah. Because she wouldn’t tell me why she was leaving, | 是啊 因为他不肯告诉我 为什麽想分手 |
[24:40] | and I got a little mad. | 所以我就有点失去理智了 |
[24:41] | I sense that. | 我感觉到了 |
[24:43] | Did you ever get mad like that with Nick? | 你有没有因为Nick失去理智过? |
[24:45] | No! | 没有! |
[24:47] | Do I look like the kind of guy who’d beat up on an 8-year-old kid? | 我看上去像是那种喜欢打 8岁小孩的傢伙吗? |
[24:49] | Are we talking boy or girl? | 到底是男孩还是女孩? |
[24:51] | Hey, screw you! | 嘿 去你的 |
[24:53] | Well, if that’s an offer, | 那只是一个假设 |
[24:54] | you might be a little friendlier about it. | 但你的态度能不能友善一点 |
[24:56] | Lieutenant. | 副队长 |
[24:57] | I asked you not to jump to conclusions. | 我跟你说过 不要妄下定论 |
[24:59] | It could be that Mr. Higgins here had nothing to do with this crime. | 在这的Higgins先生可能的确 跟这个案子没有关係 |
[25:02] | When was the last time you saw Nick Langner? | 你最后一次看到Nick Langner 是什麽时候? |
[25:04] | All of a sudden, I’m a suspect? | 怎麽突然间我变成嫌犯了? |
[25:06] | I ain’t seen Nicky since last Wednesday night when I broke up with Melissa. | 自从上星期三我跟Melissa 分手后 就再也没见过Nicky了 |
[25:11] | You broke up with Melissa Langner? | 你跟Melissa Langner分手了? |
[25:13] | Why do you think I didn’t know anything about what happened to Nicky? | 你想为什麽我会不知道 Nicky发生什麽事? |
[25:19] | I don’t know, Chief. | 我不明白 长官 |
[25:21] | If this guy didn’t want the kid but wanted the money, | 如果这个傢伙只是想要钱 而不要孩子 |
[25:23] | why break up with her? | 那为什麽要跟她分手? |
[25:24] | Chief. | 长官 |
[25:26] | This is something you should see. | 你应该看看这个 |
[25:27] | Geez, Tao. | 真该死 陶 |
[25:28] | I’m starting to think you enjoy looking at this stuff. | 我开始觉得你是不是喜欢上 看这些东西了 |
[25:31] | These bruises are called purpura. | 这些瘀痕称为紫癜 |
[25:33] | They can be caused spontaneously by some blood clotting disorders. | 它们有可能是 凝血功能紊乱而自然造成的 |
[25:37] | Are you suggesting maybe nobody hit Nicky at all? | 你是说有可能 根本就没有人打过Nicky? |
[25:41] | Wouldn’t a clotting disorder have been something that would’ve been diagnosed before surgery? | 凝血功能紊乱难道不该是 手术前必须检测的项目吗? |
[25:47] | Or could this have been artificially induced as well? | 或者这也有可能是 有人故意造成的 |
[25:49] | I won’t know for sure unless I have Dr. Crippen re-examine the body. | 在Crippen医生重新检查尸体前 我也无法作出肯定的回答 |
[25:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[25:55] | Try and come back with a definite answer I can understand. | 在有肯定的结果之后 再回来告诉我吧 |
[25:58] | And print outs. | 记得列印出来 |
[25:59] | Chief. | 长官 |
[26:00] | Pope’s office just called. | Pope的办公室刚才打电话来 |
[26:02] | He needs to see you right away. | 他需要马上见你 |
[26:12] | Chief Johnson. | Johnson副警长 |
[26:16] | I don’t know if you heard, | 不知道你有没有听说 |
[26:17] | but a couple of nights ago, | 前几天晚上 |
[26:18] | a lady was strangled to death on Laurel Canyon. | 在桂冠街区 有个女人被人扼死了 |
[26:20] | An elderly woman living alone. | 一个独居的老女人 |
[26:22] | Yeah. Right. | 是的 |
[26:24] | And last night, | 昨天晚上 |
[26:25] | there was another homicide just around the corner. | 在离案发地不远的地方 又发现了一名被害者 |
[26:28] | Could be the start of a spree, | 也许意味著 一起疯狂杀人游戏的开始 |
[26:29] | so you understand why this investigation has picked up greater urgency. | 所以你了解这个调查 被视为重大紧急的原因 |
[26:32] | My detectives are already stretched a bit thin and since Priority Homicide isn’t really doing much right now… | 我的手下已经有了一点进展 而既然重案组现在不是那麽忙… |
[26:38] | I appreciate the gravity of the situation, Commander, | 我能理解情况的重大 指挥官 |
[26:41] | but as it so happens, we are busy. | 可是眼下我们也很忙 |
[26:43] | I’m close to resolving the Nicholas Langner investigation. | 我就要完成Nicholas Langner 那个案子的调查了 |
[26:47] | Nicholas Langner? | |
[26:48] | The boy who died during surgery? | 那个在手术中死亡的男孩? |
[26:49] | Yes, this past day has opened up new leads. | 是的 今天终于取得了 一些新的线索 |
[26:52] | We are looking at a murder a night in the Hollywood Hills. | 我们正在搜寻一个 每晚在好莱坞山作案的凶手 |
[26:54] | One more, and this jumps to the papers and all hell breaks loose. | 如果再发生一起此类案件 登上报纸 整个局势就会失控 |
[26:58] | Look, I have kids. | 听著 我也有孩子 |
[27:01] | And what happened to that boy is… | 在那个男孩身上发生的事情… |
[27:04] | I can’t even think about it. | 我甚至想都不敢想 |
[27:06] | It’s every parent’s worst nightmare. | 对每个家长来说 都是最可怕的恶梦 |
[27:08] | Is the mother suffering? | 那位母亲难过吗? |
[27:09] | Of course. | 当然难过 |
[27:11] | Does that make it murder? | 但难道就该认为是谋杀案吗? 不 |
[27:12] | No. | |
[27:13] | Is it a case for Priority Homicide, | 这个案子是重大谋杀案吗? |
[27:15] | absolutely not. | 当然不是 |
[27:16] | It’s not. It just is not. | 不是 这不是 |
[27:19] | Now, get your people to Robbery -Homicide as soon as possible. | 现在 尽快派你的人马去 抢劫-谋杀组 |
[27:22] | If this is a spree killer, | 如果这个人的确是杀人狂 |
[27:23] | you could be taking over the case tonight. | 你今天晚上就要接手这个案子 |
[27:27] | OK, then. | 那好吧 |
[27:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:30] | Commander. | 指挥官 |
[27:34] | So we’re just gonna let it go. | 所以我们就这样放手不管了? |
[27:35] | And we have to go to Robbery-Homicide. | 而且我们得去抢劫-谋杀组 |
[27:37] | This is complete crap. | 这完全是狗屁 |
[27:38] | We have momentum. | 我们已经有了一些线索 |
[27:39] | We’re getting close to something here. | 而且就要查出什麽了 |
[27:41] | Uh, Chief, it’s Lieutenant Tao. | 呃 长官 是陶副队长 |
[27:43] | He says it’s urgent. | 他说非常紧急 |
[27:46] | Hold on a second. | 稍等一下 |
[27:51] | Chief Johnson. | Johnson副警长 |
[27:52] | Chief. We got a problem. | 长官 我们遇到麻烦了 |
[27:54] | The morgue released Nicholas Langner’s body. | 停尸间让人取走了 Nicholas Langner的尸体 |
[27:58] | All right. Well, get over to the funeral home before it gets cremated or embalmed. | 好吧 快去殡仪馆 以免尸体 被火化或被防腐处理 |
[28:01] | Well, that’s the thing. | 问题就在这裡 |
[28:02] | Melissa Langner didn’t send the body to a funeral home. | 没有把尸体送往殡仪馆 |
[28:05] | She released it to her medical school. | 而是送往了她的医学院 |
[28:09] | OK. Thank you, Lieutenant Tao. | 好的 谢谢你 陶副队长 |
[28:16] | Lieutenant Flynn and Provenza. | Flynn和Provenza副队长 |
[28:18] | Please report to Robbery-Homicide and give Detective Ross a hand. | 去抢劫-谋杀组报到 帮帮Ross探长 |
[28:21] | Ross, huh? Yeah. | Ross?好啊 |
[28:22] | I’ll give him a hand all right. | 我会尽量帮他的 |
[28:23] | Sawed off little runt. | 该死的小矮子 |
[28:26] | I wanna push him behind from the Hollywood Hills. | 真想把他从好莱坞山上推下去 |
[28:30] | what about me, Chief? | 我呢 长官? |
[28:31] | Yeah, you, too, Sergeant Gabriel. | 对 你也去 Gabriel警官 |
[28:37] | But on your way there… | 但是在你去那裡的路上… |
[28:40] | get the Deputy D.A. to convene a grand jury to subpoena Nicky Langner’s hospital records. | 通知副检察官召集大陪审团 发出传票索取 Nicky Langner的医院记录 |
[28:45] | And also the doctor’s schedules for last weekend, please. | 以及上个週末医生的行程安排 |
[28:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:58] | Feel like driving, Detective Daniels? | 想开开车吗 Daniels探长? |
[29:00] | Where we going? | 我们去哪儿? |
[29:01] | Robbery-Homicide. | 抢劫-谋杀组 |
[29:03] | By way of Southwest Pacific University. | 顺便路过一下西南太平洋大学 |
[29:10] | Pardon me, ma’am. | 对不起 小姐 |
[29:11] | Can you tell me where the anatomy lab is? | 能不能告诉我 解剖实验室在哪儿? |
[29:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:34] | My God. | 天哪 |
[29:39] | Mrs. Langner. | Langner太太 |
[29:45] | Wait until you see this. | 等等 你们先看看这个 |
[30:01] | This is the subpoenaed paperwork for each of Nicholas Langner’s 12 E.R. visits. | 这就是传票拿到的Nicholas Langner 12次急诊的记录 |
[30:07] | Please. | 请坐 |
[30:08] | Detective Daniels and I have gone through all of them. | 我和Daniels探长已经全部 都看过了 |
[30:12] | Though the doctors said they’d be there, | 虽然医生们说病历上有记载 |
[30:14] | there is not a single notation on any of these charts indicating Munchausen’s by Proxy. | 但是这些病历中根本没有 代理孟乔森症候群的记录 |
[30:18] | So the reason Howard Pierce threw out that misdirect? | 就是说Howard Pierce所扯的 理由完全是误导了? |
[30:22] | See what time Dr. Sands ordered the cbc and chem panel? | 注意一下Sands医生 是什麽时候调用验血设备的? |
[30:25] | And look when he started the endoscopy. | 再看一下他是什麽时候 开始内视镜检查的 |
[30:27] | Now I’ve gone over these test results with forensics, | 我已经和法医比对过 这些检查结果 |
[30:29] | cbc shows Nicholas Langner’s platelet count at 5,000. | 验血结果表明Nicholas Langner 的血小板数为5000 |
[30:33] | About 4 percent of what it would be in a healthy kid. | 大约只有正常孩子的4% |
[30:35] | Help me, Lieutenant Tao. | 帮帮忙 陶副队长 |
[30:37] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我完全听不懂你在说些什麽 |
[30:38] | It means he developed a clotting disorder. | 换句话说 他患有严重的 凝血功能紊乱症 |
[30:41] | He’d become sort of a hemophiliac. | 他有点像是血友病患者 |
[30:43] | So a doctor shoves a scope down his throat, makes a tear, | 所以当医生把内视镜塞入 他喉咙时 就会造成组织撕裂 |
[30:47] | and the kid bleeds to death. | 然后这个孩子就出血而死 |
[30:48] | How would he develop something like this? | 他怎麽会得到像这样的病? |
[30:50] | Is it an illness? | 这是一种疾病吗? |
[30:52] | Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpora. | 自发性血小板缺乏紫斑症 |
[30:55] | I’m not even gonna try and pronounce that. | 我连试都不想试唸这些词彙 |
[30:57] | Also known as I.T.P. | 简称I.T.P. |
[30:59] | It was probably a temporary after effect of a viral infection like the chicken pox. | 可能是一种病毒比如说水痘 感染 所引起的暂时性后遗症 |
[31:04] | Melissa Langner said he contracted it a few months back. | Melissa Langner说过 他几个月前感染了水痘 |
[31:06] | And a platelet count that low would’ve caused spontaneous bruising. | 而且如此之低的血小板数 可能会造成自发性的淤血 |
[31:10] | So, in other words, maybe nobody hit him. | 所以 换句话说 也许没有人打过他 |
[31:13] | Or maybe he wrestled when his mother told him not to. | 或者也许是他跟别人摔角了 儘管他妈妈叫他不要这麽做 |
[31:18] | All right, then. | 好的 |
[31:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[31:21] | Good job. | 做得好 |
[31:31] | Have you looked at my camcorder tape? | 看我拍的录影带没有? |
[31:33] | Not yet. I will. | 还没有 我会看的 |
[31:36] | So, Ms. Langner, I have to tell you, | Langner太太 我必须告诉你 |
[31:38] | I have been a criminal investigator for almost 10 years. | 我做犯罪调查 差不多将近10年了 |
[31:41] | And I had a very interesting life before that, | 在此之前我的生活充满了乐趣 |
[31:43] | but this afternoon, that was a first for me. | 可是今天下午 这对我来说还是第一次 |
[31:45] | You have to look at the tape. | 你一定要看看那个录影带 |
[31:50] | I know you still think I had something to do with Nicky’s death. | 我知道你仍然认为 我跟Nicky的死有关 |
[31:53] | Well, what am I supposed to think? | 好吧 我应该怎麽认为呢? |
[31:54] | Your son contracts a serious of unexplained illnesses, | 你的儿子患有一大堆 无法解释的疾病 |
[31:57] | you intimidate his teacher, his 9-year-old friend, his grandparents, | 你威吓他的老师 他9岁大 的朋友 还有他的祖父母 |
[32:00] | and then, on top of everything else, | 而且 最严重的是 |
[32:02] | you perform an unsanctioned dissection of the boy you say you loved. | 你还对自己声称深爱著的儿子 进行了未授权的解剖 |
[32:07] | It was the only way to prove what I believed. | 这是证明我想法的唯一方法 |
[32:11] | And what your coroner should’ve discovered. | 而这本来是你们的法医 应该要发现的 |
[32:15] | Woods told you… | Woods告诉你… |
[32:18] | he’d repaired the left gastric artery. | 他修补了左胃动脉 |
[32:20] | He lied. | 他撒谎了 |
[32:25] | Don’t believe me. | 你不要相信我 |
[32:28] | Look at the tape. | 去看看录影带就知道了 |
[32:34] | I’m under the omentum. | 我现在揭开网膜 |
[32:37] | And I have located the left… | 找到了左… |
[32:40] | gastric artery. | 胃动脉 |
[32:50] | There is the perforation. | 这就是穿孔的位置 |
[32:52] | There are only two stitches in a perforation which needed 8 to 10 for closure. | 在这裡只看到缝了2针 完全缝合本来应该用8到10针 |
[33:01] | They never sealed the artery. | 他们根本就没有缝合动脉 |
[33:04] | OK. That’s enough, Buzz. | 好了 够了 Buzz |
[33:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:08] | Can you play the hospital surgery footage now. | 现在能不能播放一下 医院的手术连续录影? |
[33:17] | Can you magnify his hands? | 能不能把他的手附近 放大一下? |
[33:18] | Just give me one second. | 稍等一下 |
[33:29] | What am I looking at? | 我现在看到的是什麽啊? |
[33:31] | A man… | 这个人… |
[33:34] | pretending to stitch while a little boy bleeds out. | 假装在进行缝合 而此时小男孩还在出血 |
[33:43] | Thank you, Buzz. | 谢谢你 Buzz |
[33:47] | Howard? | |
[33:48] | I’m sorry, this has gone beyond the purview of a hospital. | 我很抱歉 这已经逾越了 医院的范围 |
[33:51] | I believe, at this point, | 我觉得 事情发展到这一步 |
[33:52] | you and Dr. Woods would be better served by a lawyer. | 你和Woods医生 最好去请位律师 |
[33:55] | Excuse me, Chief Johnson. | 失陪了 Johnson副警长 |
[34:02] | If you gentlemen have seen enough, | 如果你们已经看够了的话 |
[34:04] | I’ll have questions for you after I speak with Deputy District Attorney Garnett here. | 等我在跟这裡的 地区副检察官Garnett谈过之后 想问你们几个问题 |
[34:08] | Lieutenant Tao, | 陶副队长 |
[34:09] | would you please escort doctors Woods and Sands into interview room 1 and read them their rights. | 请你护送Woods和Sands医生 到一号审讯室 然后宣读一下他们的权利 |
[34:13] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[34:15] | Right this way, doctors. | 这边请 医生们 |
[34:19] | You have the right to remain silent… | 你们有权保持沉默… |
[34:23] | I’m a little lost. | 我有些不明白 |
[34:23] | What do you want me to do with these guys? | 你要我怎麽处置这些傢伙? |
[34:27] | Uh, well, to start with, | 嗯 首先 |
[34:29] | you could indict them for second degree murder or conspiracy to commit grievous bodily injury, negligent homicide. | 你可以以二级谋杀的罪名 指控他们 或者共谋造成严重的身体损伤 及过失杀人 |
[34:35] | Are you joking? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[34:36] | Dr. Woods didn’t try to help that boy out at all. | Woods医生根本就没有尝试 去抢救那个孩子 |
[34:39] | He’s clearly putting on a show for the camera. | 他完全是在摄影机前面作秀 |
[34:41] | Or he’s a surgeon with poor aim after 16 hours on his feet. | 当时他已经不眠不休的进行了 16个小时漫长的外科手术 |
[34:44] | Listen, before I can prosecute a crime, | 听著 在我对罪犯起诉之前 |
[34:46] | I need to establish a crime has been committed. | 我必须确定这确实是犯罪行为 |
[34:48] | What you’re describing so far– | 可根据你们目前所描述的… |
[34:49] | The mother’s video indicates that he didn’t do– | 他妈妈的录影已经表明了 他根本就没有… |
[34:52] | Oh, yeah. The freak show amateur autopsy. | 哦 是啊 怪人表演的外行解剖 |
[34:54] | Putting aside how the jury’s gonna react to watching a mother dissect her own son, | 先不管陪审团看到一个母亲 解剖自己的儿子会做何反应 |
[34:58] | once the body was released by the morgue, | 一旦停尸间释出了尸体 |
[35:00] | it was outside of the chain of evidence. | 它就已经离开证据链了 |
[35:01] | That tape is completely inadmissible. | 那个录影带根本就不会被承认 |
[35:04] | Nick Langner was an 8 year old boy who went into the E.R. vomiting and came out dead. | Nick Langner只是一个8岁大的 小男孩 他因为呕吐走进急诊室 出来时却变成尸体 |
[35:09] | And those men did that to him. | 而这都是那些人造成的 |
[35:11] | Well, prove that’s what they intended, | 好啊 证明一下他们是蓄意的 |
[35:14] | and we’ll talk. | 然后我们再谈 |
[35:20] | Sorry for the hold up. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[35:22] | We try not to keep people waiting so long. | 我们尽力不让人等太久 |
[35:24] | I should tell you that I never speak without a lawyer present, | 我想跟你说 在律师不在场 的情况下 我什麽也不会说 |
[35:26] | so you’ll understand if I respectfully decline to answer your questions. | 所以如果我恭敬地拒绝回答 你的问题 希望你能理解 |
[35:31] | You’ve both invoked your right to counsel which makes an interview impossible. | 你们2个都行使请求律师权 审讯你们是不可能的了 |
[35:34] | So I’ll just have a theoretical discussion with Lieutenant Tao here. | 所以我只好跟这裡的陶副队长 进行一个假设的讨论 |
[35:39] | I don’t really have any questions anyway. | 说实话 我也不是真的有什麽疑问 |
[35:40] | Just some good news for one of you, and some very bad news for the other. | 只是给你们其中一个带来个 好消息 而给另外一个的 是非常坏的消息 |
[35:45] | Lieutenant Tao, which should I give them first? | 陶副队长 我应该先说哪个? |
[35:48] | I’m thinking they’d like to hear the good news. | 我想他们应该想听好消息 |
[35:50] | OK. | 好吧 |
[35:51] | Dr. Sands, last Sunday night, | Sands医生 上个星期天晚上 |
[35:53] | you killed a young boy due to acts of negligence and malpractice and then lied about it. | 你由于失职和误诊杀死了 一个小男孩 之后还说了谎 |
[35:59] | Gosh… | 老天… |
[36:00] | Now that I’ve said that out loud, the good news doesn’t sound so great. | 虽然我已经说了 不过好消息 听起来也并不是那麽好 |
[36:04] | It gets better though. | 只是相对来说好一点 |
[36:06] | Nicholas Langner was admitted to the E.R. at 18:42. | Nicholas Langner进入急诊室的 时间是18:42 |
[36:11] | At 18:48, Dr. Sands ordered a cbc, | 在18:48 Sands医生调用了验血设备 |
[36:14] | chem panel, and COAGs. | 还有血凝仪 |
[36:17] | COAGs were to measure how well Nicky’s blood would clot. | 血凝仪可以检测 Nicky血液的凝血能力 |
[36:21] | About how long do these tests take, Lieutenant Tao? | 这些测试需要多长时间 陶副队长? |
[36:24] | At least 20 minutes. | 至少20分钟 |
[36:25] | And yet, Dr. Sands, you began the endoscopy at 18:55, only 7 minutes later. | 然而 Sands医生 你在18:55就 开始内视镜检查 只过了7分钟 |
[36:32] | Before you could’ve possibly seen the results of Nicky’s blood test. | 此时你根本就不可能看到 Nicky的血检结果 |
[36:35] | Which is a shame. | 真是遗憾啊 |
[36:36] | Because those COAGs would’ve shown that Nicky’s platelets were extremely low, | 因为血凝仪本来应该会显示 Nicky的血小板数非常低 |
[36:40] | indicating a condition called… | 他患有一种疾病称为… |
[36:43] | Lieutenant Tao? | 陶副队长? |
[36:45] | Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. | 自发性血小板缺乏紫斑症 |
[36:47] | I.T.P. | 简称I.T.P. |
[36:48] | Actually, if you had looked him over at the E.R., | 实际上 如果你在急诊室 好好检查过他 |
[36:51] | you might have noticed Nicky had I.T.P. simply by looking at the bruises on his torso. | 只要看看Nicky身上的淤痕 你就会注意到他患有I.T.P. |
[36:56] | I know how to diagnose I.T.P. | 我知道怎麽诊断I.T.P. |
[36:57] | Oh, I’m sorry, are you speaking? | 哦 抱歉 你是开口说话了吗? |
[36:59] | Have you revoked your right to counsel? | 你是不是收回了 请求律师的权利? |
[37:01] | No. | 不是 |
[37:02] | OK. | 好吧 |
[37:04] | My guess is the reason you didn’t notice the bruising was because you just finished a 24-hour shift. | 我猜想你没有注意到淤痕 的原因是 你就要完成自己 24小时的轮班 |
[37:09] | If you hadn’t had one foot out the door, | 如果你不是急著下班 |
[37:10] | you might have given Nicholas plasma for clotting, | 你也许可以给Nicholas 输些血浆来帮助凝血 |
[37:13] | had a surgeon standing by and everything might have been fine. | 让外科医生稍等一会儿 然后什麽事都不会发生 |
[37:16] | Instead, you rushed in to your endoscopy, | 相反 你匆忙的开始胃镜检查 |
[37:18] | and considering how tired you were, | 而且考虑到 你当时已经非常疲惫了 |
[37:19] | and how much blood was in Nicky’s stomach, | 以及Nicky胃中的出血量 |
[37:21] | it’s not so surprising that you perforated the kid’s gastric artery, is it? | 所以你刺穿了那孩子的胃动脉 也就不足为奇了 是不是? |
[37:25] | Don’t answer that, Dr. Sands. | 不用回答 Sands医生 |
[37:26] | You don’t speak without a lawyer. | 在律师不在场的情况下 你不会开口 |
[37:28] | Well, the good news about all of this is that everything that we’ve just described is merely malpractice. | 好消息是 我们刚刚描述的一切 只是失职的范畴 |
[37:35] | Oh, your insurance premiums may go up, | 哦 当然你的保险费可能会涨 |
[37:38] | and you may have some bad publicity, but, | 而且你的公众形象会有点糟 不过 |
[37:40] | malpractice is not a criminal offense. | 失职并不是犯罪 |
[37:42] | So you are free to go, Dr. Sands. | 所以你可以离开了 Sands医生 |
[37:45] | Unfortunately, Dr. Woods, I can’t say the same thing about you. | 很不幸的是 Woods医生 我不能对你说同样的话 |
[37:50] | You are aware that Melissa Langner’s videotape directly contradicts what you told us. | 你很清楚 Melissa Langner的录影带 跟你告诉我们的情形矛盾 |
[37:55] | You did not repair Nicky’s gastric artery, though why, I have no idea. | 你根本没有修复Nicky的胃动脉 可是原因是什麽 我却不知道 |
[38:01] | It doesn’t really matter. | 但是那不重要 |
[38:02] | The surgeon’s report clearly states you sutured the artery closed. | 医生报告很明确的记载了 你缝合了动脉 |
[38:05] | You even billed for it, | 你甚至开了帐单 |
[38:06] | and that’s your signature on the bottom. | 下面就是你的签名 |
[38:08] | It’s quite legible actually considering what they say about doctor’s handwriting. | 看起来非常清楚 虽然人们 总是说医生写的字有点难认 |
[38:14] | Anyway… | 不管怎麽说… |
[38:15] | I’m sure you are aware that falsifying medical records for fraudulent purposes is a felony. | 我确定你一定很清楚 意图 诈欺窜改医疗纪录可是重罪 |
[38:22] | I think I see what she’s trying to do, | 我想我知道她想要做什麽了 |
[38:23] | but if he speaks without a lawyer, | 但如果他在没有律师在场 的情况下开口说话 |
[38:25] | nothing he says can be used in court. | 他所说的一切 都不能用在法庭上 |
[38:26] | – She’s trying to get him– – Where’s everybody at? | – 她只是想让他… – 人都在哪儿? |
[38:29] | I thought you were going to see Ross? | 我以为你们要去Ross那裡 |
[38:31] | What the– | 这到底是… |
[38:33] | What is she doing in there? | 她到底在那裡做什麽? |
[38:37] | Oh, my. Dr. Sands, you’re still here. | 哦 Sands医生 你还在这儿啊 |
[38:40] | I got so wrapped up in giving Dr. Woods his bad news, | 我刚才太专注于 告诉Woods医生坏消息了 |
[38:42] | that I completely forgot you were here. | 完全忘记你还在这裡了 |
[38:44] | Run along now. | 快走吧 |
[38:45] | Make sure to get your parking validated on the way out. | 在走的时候记得付停车费 |
[38:51] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪裡也不能去 |
[38:55] | Dr. Woods, I have to advise you not to speak without an attorney. | Woods医生 我必须劝告你 不要律师不在场的情况下说话 |
[38:58] | This is ridiculous. | 这真是太荒谬了 |
[38:59] | I don’t need an attorney. | 我不需要律师 |
[39:01] | I’m revoking my right to counsel. | 我收回请求律师的权利 |
[39:07] | It was his fault. | 这都是他的错 |
[39:11] | I never expected that you’d do anything but find the bleeding. | 我根本没有想到 你竟然没有发现出血 |
[39:13] | You knew the kid was hypoxic when he hit the table. | 你知道那孩子上手术台时 已经缺氧了 |
[39:15] | I had 3 minutes to find your mistake and that left me 45 seconds to fix it. | 我花了3分钟发现你的错误 以致于我只剩下45秒钟来修复 |
[39:20] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
[39:21] | The boy had no blood pumped to his brain for almost 4 minutes. | 那个男孩的大脑失去血液供应 已经快4分钟了 |
[39:26] | So he would’ve woke up paralyzed. | 他醒来之后可能就瘫痪了 |
[39:28] | Maybe blind. | 也许失明了 |
[39:30] | Mentally handicapped for the rest of his life. | 或者在接下来的一生中 都要与智力障碍相伴 |
[39:32] | At best. | 那还是最好的情形 |
[39:33] | You didn’t know that. | 你怎麽知道一定会那样呢 |
[39:34] | OK, OK. | 好了 好了 |
[39:37] | Let me see if I’ve got this straight, doctor. | 看看我是不是搞懂了 医生 |
[39:40] | Are you saying you could have repaired the artery, | 你是说你本来可以修补动脉 |
[39:42] | but knowing it would take another minute, | 不过清楚 这将再花去一分钟时间 |
[39:44] | you chose to let Nicholas Langner die rather than bring him back in less than pristine condition? | 你选择让Nicholas Langner死去 而不是最起码的活著? |
[39:49] | No, no, no. Not Less than pristine condition. | 不不 不是最起码的活著 |
[39:53] | Irreparably damaged. | 他的身体已经遭受 无法挽回的损伤 |
[39:57] | But it’s possible that he might have been fine, | 不过也有可能他会没事 |
[39:59] | and you wouldn’t have known that until you resuscitated him. | 在你让他醒过来之前 你根本不知道 |
[40:02] | I had both my hands in that boy’s abdomen with seconds, | 我的双手在那个男孩的腹部 停留了数秒钟 |
[40:06] | seconds to weigh the likely outcome, death, or severe disability. | 而这几秒钟来衡量可能的结果 是死去 还是严重残疾 |
[40:12] | Not to mention, exposing your carelessness. | 更不用提 找出你的草率行径 |
[40:15] | I never asked you to cover for me. | 我从来没有要求你为我遮掩 |
[40:17] | Only because you lack the guts. | 那只是因为你没有这个胆量 |
[40:20] | Given the options, I was presented with, Ms. Johnson, | 我所做出的选择 Johnson小姐 |
[40:24] | I made absolutely the right choice. | 是完全正确的 |
[40:27] | To kill Nicholas Langner? | 杀死Nicholas Langner吗? |
[40:30] | To let him die. | 让他死去 |
[40:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:32] | Yes, I let him die because as it so happens, Ms. Johnson, that’s my job. | 是的 我让他死了 Johnson小姐 因为这就是我的工作 |
[40:39] | Is it? | 是吗? |
[40:41] | I make more life and death decisions before 10 o’clock in the morning than most people make in a lifetime. | 我在早上10点钟之前 所做出的生死抉择 比大多数人一辈子做的还要多 |
[40:47] | On the rare occasion that I can’t save someone, | 在极少数 我救不了某人的情况下 |
[40:50] | I don’t have time to weep and wail and point fingers | 我没有时间 去流泪 去悲叹 去指责 |
[40:54] | because in the next room, there’s another patient whose life is on the line. | 因为在隔壁房间裡 还有其他的病人也正命悬一线 |
[41:00] | I made the right choice with Nicholas Langner. | 我在Nicholas Langner身上 做出了正确的选择 |
[41:04] | The only choice that made any sense. | 唯一合理的选择 |
[41:08] | And I’d do it again. | 而且再有机会 我还会这麽做 |
[41:13] | If you were so certain that you made the right choice, | 如果你如此肯定 自己所做的是正确的选择 |
[41:16] | why did you try to blame Nicky’s mother for her son’s death? | 那为何还要指责Nicky的母亲 要为她儿子的死负责? |
[41:20] | You knew that Munchausen’s by Proxy was not in any of that boy’s charts. | 你明知道男孩的病历上根本 没有记载代理孟乔森症候群 |
[41:42] | Did I not tell you to help Robbery-Homicide? | 难道我没有告诉你要去协助 抢劫-谋杀组吗? |
[41:43] | What are you doing here? | 你在这裡做什麽? |
[41:44] | Getting a physician to admit to manslaughter. | 让一位医生 承认自己的过失杀人行为 |
[41:46] | You heard him, Mr. Garnett. | 你已经听到他说的话了 Garnett先生 |
[41:48] | Todd Woods said he chose to let Nick Langner die. | Todd Woods说 他选择让Nick Langner死去 |
[41:50] | No, that’s not what I heard. | 不 我听到的不是这样 |
[41:51] | What I heard was a doctor saying, in his opinion, | 我所听到的是 一位医生说 据他看来 |
[41:53] | he could not save that child’s life. | 他无法拯救那个孩子的生命 |
[41:55] | And no jury is ever going to convict this man and no judge is ever gonna let it go to trial, | 没有一个陪审团会给这个人 定罪 也没有一个法官会进入 审判程序 |
[41:59] | and malpractice is not a crime, | 而且失职又不是犯罪 |
[42:00] | so at the risk of repeating myself, what do you want me to do? | 我再重複一遍 你想让我怎麽做? |
[42:02] | You tell me exactly what you want those doctors to say in order to try them for manslaughter and I will go back in there, | 你清楚告诉我要判他们过失 杀人罪 得让他们说什麽话 然后我再进去 |
[42:07] | and I will get them to say it. | 而且我会让他们开口说出来 |
[42:09] | I’m sorry, Chief Johnson. | 我很抱歉 Johnson副警长 |
[42:10] | I don’t prosecute cases I know I can’t win. | 我不会起诉一起 我无法打赢的官司 |
[42:13] | Excuse me, fellows. | 失陪了 各位 |
[42:16] | You’re just like Dr. Woods. | 你就跟Woods医生一样 |
[42:18] | Unless you’re assured a perfect outcome, you walk away. | 除非可以看到肯定的完美结果 否则的话你宁愿走开 |
[42:22] | And you’re just like this crazy mother here. | 而你就像那个疯狂的母亲 |
[42:24] | Insisting we treat tragedy as murder. | 硬是把一起悲剧说成了谋杀案 |
[42:26] | So how about this, Ma’am. You pick your battles, I’ll pick mine. | 不如这样 女士 我们各走各的路 |
[42:37] | All right. This case is officially over. Now. | 好了 从官方上讲 这个案子已经结束了 现在 |
[42:40] | How soon can you get your people to Laurel Canyon? | 将你的人派往桂冠街区 需要多久时间? |
[42:45] | Lieutenant Tao. | 陶副队长 |
[42:47] | Please report to Robbery-Homicide. | 请去抢劫-谋杀组报到 |
[42:50] | And Detective Daniels, if you could wait for me. | Daniels探长 如果可以的话 等我一下 |
[43:00] | Before I let these doctors go, | 在让这些医生们走之前 |
[43:01] | I want to apologize to Melissa Langner for the world we live in. | 我要向Melissa Langner 为我们身处的世界道歉 |
[43:05] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[43:17] | Ms. Langner. | Langner太太 |
[43:18] | I am so very sorry to have to tell you… | 我很抱歉的告诉你… |
[43:21] | Buzz, turn the volume down, please. | Buzz 请把声音关小一点 |
[43:23] | I can’t listen to this. | 我没办法听那些话 |
[43:25] | What? | 什麽? |
[43:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[43:48] | You want to split? | 想来点吗? |
[43:49] | Oh, no, thanks, Chief. | 哦 不 谢了 长官 |
[43:58] | Look, Detective. | 听著 探长 |
[44:03] | I know you’re upset, but… | 我知道你很生气 不过… |
[44:05] | we did everything we could. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[44:07] | We don’t– | 我们… |
[44:09] | punish. We don’t… | 没有惩罚 我们… |
[44:11] | prosecute. | 没有起诉 |
[44:12] | We just… | 我们只是… |
[44:13] | We just find out the truth. | 查明了事实真相 |
[44:32] | It’s around the corner. | 在转角那裡 |
[44:39] | Drop your weapon! | 放下你的武器 |
[44:40] | Right now! | 马上 |
[44:42] | Drop your weapon. | 放下你的武器 |
[44:43] | Right there. Drop it. | 丢在那裡 丢掉 |
[44:46] | Turn around! | 转过身来 |
[44:57] | Should be a much easier case for you to prosecute, Ms. Johnson. | 现在这个案子对你来说 就容易办得多了 Johnson小姐 |
[45:06] | You know, I think Dr. Woods thought he was God. | 你知道吗 我想Woods医生 以为他就是上帝 |
[45:11] | Turns out he was wrong. | 看来他错了 |