时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | Dr. Schafer always claimed he had — | 这位今天突然出现的不在场证人 |
[00:36] | That was a very dramatic end to the day’s testimony. | 那天做证的时候有个很戏剧化的收尾 |
[00:39] | But can we summarize,dominick, | 但我们是否能这么总结呢 Dominick |
[00:42] | The thrust of the defense attorney’s cross of deputy chief johnson? | 辩护律师的盘问Johnson副局长的中心是 |
[00:46] | Because he suggested that the l.a.p.d. Had provided no physical evidence | 因为他说洛杉矶警方没有物证 |
[00:51] | That oliver henry’s death was even a homicide. | Oliver Henry的死是自杀 |
[00:53] | But henry didn’t die by accident. | 但Henry不是因意外而死 |
[00:57] | So as the pathologist,dr. Morales,pointed out, | 所以作为病理学家 Morales医生指出 |
[01:00] | “to believe henry wasn’t murdered, | “如果Henry不是被谋杀的” |
[01:03] | “you have to suppose he committed suicide, | “那么你得假设他是企图自杀” |
[01:06] | “and to believe that,you have to say, | “然后要相信这个 你就得说” |
[01:08] | “‘well,oliver henry purposely ingested versed,’ | “Oliver Henry是故意摄取的” |
[01:13] | Which is an anesthetic not available by prescription.” | “因为那是没办法开处方拿到的麻醉剂” |
[01:17] | The kennedy assassination had less holes in it. | “Kennedy暗杀案的漏洞比它还少呢” |
[01:21] | And today we learned about some evidence that had been previously excluded. | 今天我们知道了有些证据之前被忽略了 |
[01:24] | And this was very interesting. | 这很有趣 |
[01:26] | A big deal was made | 有个重要的证据是 |
[01:28] | About the defendant owning a black bmw convertible | 被告有一辆黑色敞蓬宝马 |
[01:32] | And there having been a black bmw in the victim’s driveway | 而在谋杀发生那一晚 受害人的车道上 |
[01:37] | On the night of the murder. | 就停着一辆黑色宝马 |
[01:39] | And now some reporters are saying | 现在有些报道说 |
[01:40] | That the l.a.p.d. Overreacted again | 洛杉矶警方再次反应过度 |
[01:43] | By arresting dr. Jonathan schafer | 逮捕了Jonathan schafer医生 |
[01:45] | For the murder of his wife’s divorce attorney oliver henry. | 罪名是谋杀其妻子的离婚律师Oliver Henry |
[01:48] | Have you been following that case at all? | 你有留意这起案子吗? |
[01:50] | Just what’s been on the news. | 只是听新闻里说的 |
[01:52] | I think before we start using words like “overreact,” | 我想在我们用类似”反应过度”这样的词之前 |
[01:55] | We should really be looking at — | 我们真的应该看一下… |
[01:56] | I think the word “overreact” came up | 我想会说”反应过度”是 |
[01:58] | Because the doctor always said he had an alibi, | 因为医生一直说他有不在场证人 |
[02:00] | That he’d been on a boat trip with a friend | 他在谋杀发生的时段 |
[02:02] | During the time of the murder. | 和一位朋友出海了 |
[02:03] | And today,that friend showed up. | 今天 那位朋友出现了 |
[02:06] | Well,then we’ll hear what the guy has t | 我们会听到他怎么说的 |
[02:08] | But if the police have evidence | 但如果警方有证据 |
[02:11] | Connecting a specific individual to murder, | 将某个人和一起谋杀案联系在一起 |
[02:14] | Do you want them to keep it to themselves, | 你是想让他们把证据收起来呢 |
[02:16] | Or do you want to present that evidence in court | 还是想让他们在法庭上公开证据 |
[02:19] | And let the justice system decide? | 然后由司法体系来决定呢? |
[02:21] | Let me add something, | 让我补充几句 |
[02:22] | That even though deputy chief johnson | 虽然 Johnson局长 |
[02:24] | Did not get a confession this time in this case, | 在这个案子上没有取得认罪口供 |
[02:28] | I have every confidence that she made the right arrest | 但我非常相信她没抓错人 |
[02:32] | And that she will ultimately prevail. | 最终她会获胜的 |
[02:34] | Could you turn that off,please? | 麻烦你把它关上好吗 |
[02:37] | Taylor’s throwing you to the wolves. | Taylor把你扔进了狼群里 |
[02:39] | Or maybe just giving them a map to your body. | 或许是给它们一张找到你尸体的地图 |
[02:43] | So,tough time in court this afternoon,huh? | 今天下午在法庭上很不顺利? |
[02:50] | Hey,are you mad at me about something? | 嘿 你是在生我的气吗? |
[02:53] | I just had a bad day is all. | 我只是今天过得不顺而已 |
[02:55] | More like a bad month,honestly. | 说实话 是糟糕的一个月 |
[03:02] | You know,sometimes,if you’re already having a bad day, | 知道吗 有时你本来已经过得很糟了 |
[03:05] | But you got more bad stuff stored up, | 但是你还有越来越多糟糕的事 |
[03:08] | You just get it all out at once, | 一次性都在你身上发生了 |
[03:09] | Say everything that’s upsetting you. | 一切都让你难受 |
[03:11] | Make a bad day really horrible | 让本来糟糕一天变得更严重 |
[03:13] | So that tomorrow,it can only be better. | 所以明天就只能会更好了 |
[03:23] | Okay,i can’t fix what i don’t know is broken. | 算了 不知道为什么让我怎么帮你 |
[03:29] | You got two d.u.i.s in one month five years ago | 5年前你一个月内两次酒后驾驶 |
[03:31] | And never told me about it. | 却从没跟我说过 |
[03:33] | I had to find out | 害我在跟 |
[03:33] | While trying to get a multiple-driver discount from the insurance company. | 保险公司要第三者驾驶折扣时才发现 |
[03:37] | And i’m really upset. | 我真的很难过 |
[03:45] | I see. | 我懂 |
[03:48] | Do you have a drinking problem? | 你酗酒吗? |
[03:52] | I would if i was drinking. | 一喝酒就会 |
[03:56] | Okay,i’m in… | 好吧 我… |
[04:00] | I joined,right after all of that,alcoholics anonymous, | 我加入了…在发生那些之后… 我加入了戒酒会 |
[04:03] | And i am taking care of it, | 现在我已经完全控制了 |
[04:05] | So i don’t look at the drinking thing as an active issue. | 我不觉得酒后那件事有什么大不了的 |
[04:07] | How can it not be an issue? You lied to me. | 这怎么会没什么大不了呢? 你骗我 |
[04:10] | I lied? | 我撒谎? |
[04:11] | You told me that you were allergic to alcohol,but the — | 你跟我说你对酒精过敏 可是 |
[04:15] | I called it an allergy because that is how i think of it. | 我说过敏 是因为我就是这么想的 |
[04:17] | How could you not tell me you were in a.a.? | 你怎么能不告诉我你在戒酒? |
[04:19] | Do i have to look up the word “anonymous” for you in the dictionary? | 要我帮你查下匿名这个词是什么意思吗? |
[04:23] | I’m not your friend. | 我不是你的朋友 |
[04:24] | I’m not your coworker. | 不是你的同事 我是你的未婚妻 |
[04:27] | And if i’m marrying an alcoholic, | 如果我要嫁给一个酒鬼 |
[04:28] | Then i have a right to know about it. | 那我就有权利知道 |
[04:30] | If you were getting married? | 你是要结婚吗? |
[04:34] | I want an explanation. | 我要个解释 |
[04:36] | I want to know why you withheld this information from me. | 我想知道你为什么守着这些消息 不告诉我 |
[04:38] | Because if i can’t trust you… | 因为如果我不能相信你… |
[04:40] | What?What? | 什么? 什么? |
[04:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[04:48] | This is bull… | 这是在放屁 |
[04:49] | I looked everywhere for this guy, | 我到处找他 |
[04:51] | And he was nowhere to be found. | 结果到处都找不到 |
[04:52] | He shouldn’t be too hard to locate anymore. | 他应该不会太难找到的 |
[04:54] | He’s sitting in one of your interview rooms, | 他就坐在你的审讯室里 |
[04:56] | Where i assume even you can find him. | 我想你该能找到他的 |
[04:59] | Unless we can prove this eugene “topper” barnes | 除非我们能证明这个Eugene”Topper”Barnes |
[05:01] | Is lying about dr. Schafer’s whereabouts | 对Schafer医生在Oliver Henry被杀的 |
[05:03] | On the night oliver henry was murdered,this case is over. | 那晚的去向撒了谎 这个案子结束了 |
[05:06] | I still have to interview mr. Barnes. | 我还是要去审问Barnes先生 |
[05:08] | And i have serious doubts | 我不相信 |
[05:09] | That this alibi of dr. Schafer’s is going to hold up. | 这位Schafer医生的不在场证人 能站得住脚 |
[05:12] | Chief pope,i would like to interview eugene barnes myself. | Pope局长 我想自己审问Eugene Barnes |
[05:15] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[05:16] | Yes,really. | 是的 |
[05:19] | ******i’m sick and tired of getting black eyes | 这案子我顶着很大压力 我也受够了遭人白眼 |
[05:21] | Because of her mistakes! | 就因为她的错! |
[05:22] | ***do not speak about me like i’m not in the room. | 别当作我不在场一样就讨论我 |
[05:25] | Okay,hold on,hold on. | 好的 等等 等等 |
[05:26] | Let’s say,for the sake of argument,garnett, | 就这个辩论的焦点 Garnett |
[05:28] | That you do interview this witness | 你去审问这个证人 |
[05:30] | And you actually gain information useful to this case. | 然后你就去得到对案子有利的消息 |
[05:32] | Are you then prepared to be called to the stand | 你准备好被Schafer的辩护律师 |
[05:35] | By schafer’s defense attorney | 叫到证人席了吗? |
[05:37] | And turn your case over to another prosecutor? | 然后把你的案子转给另一个检察官? |
[05:39] | Because that is,of course,what could happen. | 因为就会发生这样的事 |
[05:43] | You are more than welcome,sir, | 先生 热烈欢迎你 |
[05:45] | To observe my interview in our electronics room. | 在我们的电子室监察我的审问过程 |
[05:48] | Chief johnson will even wear an earpiece | Johnson副局长会戴个听筒 |
[05:51] | So that if you believe she’s missed something, | 如果你认为她有什么没说的 |
[05:53] | You can relay your question to her. | 你可以向她提问 |
[06:01] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[06:08] | I’m telling you,chief,he’s the right guy. | 我告诉你 头儿 他就是凶手 |
[06:10] | I don’t care what this topper barnes guy says. | 我才不在乎这个Topper Barnes说什么呢 |
[06:12] | The jury will care,lieutenant. | 陪审团在意的 副队长 |
[06:14] | They will care very much. | 他们非常在意 |
[06:16] | If we can prove | 如果我们能证明 |
[06:17] | That the defense purposely held mr. Barnes back from us, | 辩方故意向我们隐瞒Barnes先生的事情 |
[06:20] | Then maybe we can get a mistrial. | 那也许我们可以让审判无效 |
[06:21] | Of course they held him back. | 他们当然是在隐瞒 |
[06:22] | Why else wouldn’t they tell us | 他们为什么不跟我们说 |
[06:23] | That topper’s real first name was eugene? | Topper的真实名字是Eugene? |
[06:27] | You know the movie? | 你知道那个电影吗 |
[06:31] | Lieutenant tao,what do you have for me? | Tao副队长 你查到什么了? |
[06:33] | Mr. Eugene,a.k.a. “topper,” barnes’ statement | Eugene先生 也叫”Topper”Barnes的陈述 |
[06:35] | Matches up with what dr. Schafer claims. | 和Schafer医生所说的相符 |
[06:37] | They were on a four-day sailing trip. | 他们出海旅行了四天 |
[06:40] | Topper’s criminal file — | Topper的犯罪档案… |
[06:41] | A couple drug busts and an inconclusive assault charge. | 几宗毒品案还有一件证据不足的伤人案 |
[06:44] | I think that might help. | 我想会有帮助的 |
[06:46] | Yes,it will. | 是的 会的 |
[06:47] | It will very much. Thank you. | 会很有帮助的 谢谢 |
[06:51] | Buzz,can i have an earpiece,please? | Buzz 给我个听筒好吗? |
[06:52] | Yes,ma’am. | 是 夫人 |
[06:54] | Mr. Garnett wants to assist me. | Garnett先生想要帮助我 |
[06:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:02] | Now,if there is something that you’d like to know, | 如果有什么是你想知道的 |
[07:04] | Please relay your question to me quietly. | 请轻声问我 |
[07:08] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[07:11] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[07:18] | Mr. Barnes. | Barnes先生 |
[07:20] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:24] | So,do i have to talk to you guys? | 我一定得和你们谈吗? |
[07:26] | Absolutely not,but i’d really like to hear | 当然不是 但我想听听 |
[07:29] | About your sailing trip with dr. Schafer. | 关于你和Schafer先生出海的事 |
[07:31] | Because there’s nothing worse | 因为没有什么比 |
[07:33] | Than putting the wrong man on trial,especially for murder, | 审讯错对象 特别还是谋杀案更糟的了 |
[07:35] | And around here,we like to learn from our mistakes. | 我们想要吸取教训 |
[07:37] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[07:38] | Well,you guys should be geniuses,then,all the mistakes you make. | 你们应该算是天才了 就你们犯的这些错误 |
[07:45] | So,i guess you’ll hear what i have to say on monday. | 我想你星期一会听到我要说的话的 |
[07:48] | It was nice meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:51] | What’s she doing? He can’t leave. | 她在干吗? 他不能走 |
[07:53] | You have been under arrest four times | 你被捕了四次 |
[07:55] | For possession of a controlled substance… | 因为持有违禁药品 |
[07:58] | And that you’ve been convicted of drug dealing | 因贩卖毒品被判刑 |
[08:01] | And that you have an outstanding assault charge from two years ago. | 然后两年前你因蓄意伤人被起诉 |
[08:06] | I did my time for the dealing, | 我在监狱蹲过了 |
[08:07] | And that assault charge was dropped. | 然后那宗伤人案也撤诉了 |
[08:09] | No,it wasn’t. | 不 并没有 |
[08:10] | The victim,a mr. Robert grimes,refused to press charges. | 受害人Robert Grimes先生拒绝了上诉 |
[08:15] | But mr. Grimes is in prison now. | 不过Grimes先生现在在监狱里 |
[08:17] | I bet if i offered to make his life easier, | 相信我如果让他好过点的话呢 |
[08:19] | He’d help me out by reinstating the assault charge. | 他会帮我再来一次伤人起诉的 |
[08:21] | And then you could sit here and talk with me all night | 你可以坐在这儿 和我聊一夜 |
[08:23] | Because you’d be under arrest. | 因为你被捕了 |
[08:25] | Or you could sit right back down. | 或者你就坐在那里 |
[08:28] | I’m just gonna tell you the same thing | 我只会告诉你同样的事 |
[08:29] | I told jonathan’s attorney,mr. Cordry. | 我告诉Jonathan的律师Cordry先生的 |
[08:31] | It turns out that’s exactly what i want to hear. | 看来这正是我想知道的 |
[08:37] | Well,all right,darlin’. | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[08:38] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么? |
[08:41] | Where’s he been? | 他去哪儿了? |
[08:43] | Chief,mr. Garnett wants you to ask mr. Barnes where he’s been. | 头儿 Garnett先生让你问 Barnes先生他去哪儿了 |
[08:47] | I guess my first question is, | 我想我的第一个问题是 |
[08:48] | Were you aware that you were withholding valuable information from a murder trial? | 你是否意识到你掌握了 对谋杀案非常重要的信息? |
[08:53] | I didn’t even know there was a trial. | 我都不知道有开庭 |
[08:54] | I was out of the country. | 我出国了 |
[08:55] | Where? | 去的哪里? |
[08:57] | Really? Where? | 真的吗? 哪里? |
[08:59] | Mexico. I got a place,about 50 miles north of cabo. | 墨西哥 我有个点 距离Cabo北面50里 |
[09:02] | I spend most of my time down there. | 我大部分时间都在那里 |
[09:04] | Doing what,exactly? I have a boat. | – 具体做什么? – 我有一条艇 |
[09:06] | Yes,we’ve heard about your boat — the super plum. | 是的 我们听说了你的艇— 大球 |
[09:10] | The sugar plum. | 糖球 |
[09:11] | See,that’s another mistake we made. | 瞧 我们又犯了一个错误 |
[09:13] | Dr. Schafer must have gotten the name wrong. | Schafer医生一定是弄错名字了 |
[09:16] | He should take a look at his eye chart. | 他应该去查查视力 |
[09:18] | Would you please just tell her to ask | 麻烦你让她去问问 |
[09:20] | Why the hell he just happened to be in town? | 为什么他就刚好出现在城里? |
[09:22] | Mr. Garnett wants you to ask mr. Barnes | Garnett先生想你去问问Barnes先生 |
[09:24] | Why the hell he just happened to be in town. | 他怎么会刚好就出现在城里 |
[09:27] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:30] | What’s she doing? | 她在干吗? |
[09:32] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗? |
[09:34] | So,tell me,mr. Barnes, | 那请告诉我们 Barnes先生 |
[09:36] | What do you do 50 miles north of cabo? | 你在Cabo北50里外是做什么呢? |
[09:40] | You know,i got a little charter business. | 我是做租船生意的 |
[09:42] | I take tourists out fishing. | 我带旅客出海钓鱼 |
[09:43] | I don’t need much. The drinks are cheap. | 不需要多少 酒也很便宜 |
[09:46] | And so are the women. | 女人也一样 |
[09:49] | And how do you know dr. Schafer? | 你对Schafer医生有多了解? |
[09:50] | From college. We were in the same fraternity. | 从大学开始 我们是同一个兄弟会的 |
[09:53] | So you two were close. | 你们两个很亲近 |
[09:54] | Yeah,we stayed friends, | 是的 我们是朋友 |
[09:55] | And every time i come up the coast, | 每次我来到太平洋沿岸地区 |
[09:57] | I stop here,i give him a call, | 会这里逗留一下 给他打了个电话 |
[09:58] | See if he’s too successful to come play with me. | 看他是否因为太成功 就不能跟我一起玩了 |
[10:01] | That’s what you did the last time you were in town — | 你上次在城里就做了这些? |
[10:03] | You called him up and invited him on your boat? | 你打电话给他 请他上了你的船? |
[10:05] | Yeah,we went down to ensenada for a few days. | 是的 我们去了Ensenada几天 |
[10:08] | Fishing,drinking beer,the usual stuff. | 钓鱼 喝啤酒 这些平常事儿 |
[10:11] | I’m unfamiliar with the usual stuff. | 我对平常事不是很懂 |
[10:12] | Could you describe it? | 你能形容下吗 |
[10:15] | You know what? It’s your lucky day. | 知道吗 今天你很走运 |
[10:18] | I have video. | 我有带子 |
[10:21] | That’s our trip to ensenada right there. | 是我们去Ensenada旅行的 |
[10:26] | Next best thing to being there. | 最棒的事情就是在那儿呆着了 |
[10:28] | Knock yourself out. | 让自己清醒一下吧 |
[10:33] | ***he’s still taking line. | 鱼儿上钩了 |
[10:34] | I can’t put any more drag on him. | 我不能再拉了 |
[10:37] | Gonna break the line with any more drag. | 再拉线就断了 |
[10:40] | You go in there to break schafer’s alibi, | 你去推翻Schafer的不在场证明 |
[10:41] | You wind up making it stronger. | 结果适得其反 |
[10:44] | The real deal. I told you,pal. | 大鱼啊 我跟你说过的 伙计 |
[10:46] | I told you. | 我跟你说过的 |
[10:47] | Chief johnson,i think we need to accept the fact | Johnson副局长 我想我们要接受现实 |
[10:49] | That dr. Schafer may be innocent. | 就是Schafer医生可能是无辜的 |
[10:51] | I don’t. | 我不相信 |
[10:53] | Lieutenant flynn and provenza, | Flynn副队长和Provenza副队长 |
[10:55] | Follow up,please,on mr. Barnes. | 请继续查Barnes先生 |
[10:57] | Make sure he really has been out of the country all this time. | 要确认这段时间他的确不在国内 |
[11:00] | Lieutenant tao and buzz, | Tao副队长和Buzz副队长 |
[11:02] | I need you to make sure that this video is genuine. | 我要你保证这盘带子不是伪造的 |
[11:05] | And detective sanchez,check out those boats,please. | Sanchez探员 请搜一下那些船 |
[11:07] | Find out who — wait a minute. | 找出是谁…等一下 |
[11:11] | What is it,chief? | 怎么了 头儿 |
[11:20] | Who was holding the camera? | 是谁拿着摄象机? |
[11:22] | Someone was videotaping you. | 当时有人在拍你们 |
[11:23] | Oh,um… | 噢 恩… |
[11:26] | You know,when i go out, | 要知道 我出海时 |
[11:27] | I just hire these local guys right off the dock. | 只在靠岸时 雇一些当地人 |
[11:29] | There’s a million of them. | 有上百万的这些人 |
[11:30] | This kid’s name — i don’t know — carlos? | 这孩子叫? 我不知道…Carlos吧? |
[11:33] | I’d never seen him before. I paid him cash. | 我以前从没见过他 我给的现金 |
[11:35] | As soon as we docked,he took off.***** | 我们一靠岸 他就下船了 |
[11:37] | Why didn’t dr. Schafer tell us about carlos? | 为什么Schafer医生不跟我们说Carlos的事? |
[11:39] | Two alibi witnesses are better than one. | 两名不在场证人总比一个好 |
[11:43] | I don’t know. Maybe he didn’t remember his name. | 我不知道 或许他不记得他的名字了吧 |
[11:45] | Where is carlos now? | Carlos现在在哪儿? |
[11:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:48] | I told you,he took off as soon as we docked. | 我告诉你了 一靠岸他就下船了 |
[11:51] | You want to go down to cabo? I’ll sail you down there. | 你要去Cabo? 我开船送你去 |
[11:52] | We’ll go on a carlos hunt,just you and me. | 我们去追捕Carlos 就你和我 |
[11:56] | It could be fun. | 会很有意思的 |
[12:09] | You don’t even want to say hello. | 你都不打招呼的 |
[12:17] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:18] | I’m tired,and i have to go straight back to work, | 我累了 我要直接回去上班 |
[12:20] | So now is not a good time. | 现在不是时候 |
[12:26] | It’s all right… | 没什么 |
[12:28] | Because i don’t have a lot to say. | 因为我没什么可说的 |
[12:34] | I got both the d.u.i.s you were asking about | 你说的那两次酒后驾驶都是我 |
[12:37] | In my own car,off the clock. | 开自己的车 下班时间 |
[12:40] | And after the second one,i went directly to my office, | 在第二次之后 我直接去了办公室 |
[12:42] | I reported what happened and put myself in rehab, | 我报告了发生的事 把我自己送去戒酒 |
[12:44] | Which saved my job. | 这保住了我的工作 |
[12:46] | Maybe my life,too. | 或许也保住了我的命 |
[12:49] | Is that why elaine divorced you? | Elaine就因为这个和你离婚的? |
[12:51] | The drinking? | 因为酗酒? |
[12:53] | Her name is cindy. | 她叫Cindy |
[12:56] | My ex-wife’s name is cindy. Okay? | 我前妻叫Cindy 好吗? |
[12:58] | I don’t even know anyone named elaine. | 我都不认识叫Elaine的 |
[13:00] | And cindy is another story. | Cindy是另一个故事 |
[13:01] | The reason i never told you i was an alcoholic | 我没告诉你我酗酒是 |
[13:05] | Is because i don’t want you to be concerned or worried | 因为我不想你因为一些我个人的问题 |
[13:07] | About something that is basically my problem. | 操心太多或分神 |
[13:09] | The way i look at it,that part of my life, | 在我眼中是我生活的一部分 |
[13:11] | The drunken part,is over. | 没有什么喝多的事了 |
[13:14] | See,being an alcoholic is not such a bad thing, | 瞧 当个酒鬼也不是多糟 |
[13:18] | As long as you don’t pour yourself a drink. | 只要你不给自己倒酒喝 |
[13:22] | Maybe you feel differently about that. | 或许你会觉得不一样吧 |
[13:28] | But you have a lot of nerve,brenda,calling me a liar. | 但是你太神经质了 Brenda 说我是骗子 |
[13:32] | A lot of nerve. | 太敏感了 |
[13:33] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[13:34] | It’s funny being accused of being dishonest | 被一个一直撒谎的人 |
[13:36] | By someone who lies all the time. | 指控不诚实 |
[13:38] | I do not lie all the time. | 我没有一直撒谎 |
[13:40] | – when? | – when – 什么时候? – 什么时候 |
[13:40] | You lie to your parents. | 你骗你的父母 |
[13:41] | You lie to your parents so much, | 你骗了他们很多事 |
[13:43] | We had to have an extra phone line installed****** | 一年多来 我们都另外接了条电话线 |
[13:45] | So they wouldn’t know i was living here. | 那样他们就不知道我住在这里 |
[13:47] | You lie to pope constantly about what you do at work. | 你工作上的事你一直都在骗Pope |
[13:50] | You lie to me now when you say you’re gonna do something | 你连答应我的事也骗 |
[13:52] | Like look for a house when you know you’re not! | 你明明去不了 还说要去找房子 |
[13:54] | You lied when you said you’d put this place on the market. | 你说你要把这个房子拿出去卖 你撒谎了 |
[13:56] | You promised you’d do that three months ago. | 你答应过三个月前就会那么做了 |
[13:58] | That is not a lie. It’s just a — | 那不是在撒谎 只是… |
[14:01] | I get busy,that’s all. It’s not the same thing! | 我很忙 仅此而已 这不是一回事 |
[14:03] | You know,you’re right. It’s not the same thing. | 知道吗 你说的对 这不是一回事 |
[14:05] | ******we have different flaws,brenda, | 你和我有着不同的缺点 Brenda |
[14:07] | But i have been more — | 可是我对.. |
[14:08] | I have been more than patient with yours | 可是我能容忍你的缺点 |
[14:10] | Because i am pretty aware of how bad mine are. | 因为我知道我的缺点有多糟糕 |
[14:13] | But for you to say that you don’t trust me… | 但对于你说你不相信我 |
[14:17] | To suggest that our whole relationship is on the line | 说我们的关系很危险 |
[14:20] | Because of mistakes i made before we started dating, | 就因为我们开始约会之前犯的错误 |
[14:23] | To throw the word “if” at me while you’re wearing that ring? | 你带着那枚戒指还跟我说如果? |
[14:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:40] | That’s as much of an explanation as i have right now. | 对我来说这解释够了 |
[14:47] | I hope it’s enough. | 我希望足够了 |
[15:12] | – chief. – yes | – 头儿 – 是 |
[15:13] | The alibi holds up. | 不在场证明成立了 |
[15:14] | No filters,no layers — nothing but handheld video. | 没有滤光镜 只有便携式摄象机 |
[15:17] | And the location where they are in the — | 他们所在的地点… |
[15:20] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:20] | The location where they are in this shot | 拍这带子的地点 |
[15:22] | Is just off the coast of ensenada,mexico, | 是在墨西哥Ensenada外的海上 |
[15:24] | Between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 p.m., | 在下午两点到四点之间 |
[15:26] | Pacific standard time,on the day of the murder. | 太平洋标准时间 谋杀的那一天 |
[15:28] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么这么肯定 |
[15:30] | Do you see that cruise ship in the background,chief? | 你看到后面那艘邮轮了吗? 头儿 |
[15:33] | That’s the pacific western. | 是西太平洋号 |
[15:34] | It only docks in mexico twice a year. | 一年只有两次在墨西哥靠岸 |
[15:36] | The fact that it is heading out to sea | 这是正要出海的照片 |
[15:38] | Verifies time,date,and location. | 证明了时间 日期和地点 |
[15:41] | It’s almost as if dr. Schafer knew he was gonna need an alibi | 简直就象Schafer医生早就知道 他需要不在场证明 |
[15:44] | When this video was taken. | 这是什么时候拍的 |
[15:46] | Oh,and i checked into mr. Barnes’ charter company. | 噢 我查了Barnes先生的租船公司 |
[15:50] | It’s for real. | 是真的 |
[15:52] | Eugene’s boat service,based out of cabo san lucas, | Eugene游艇服务 基地在Cabo San Lucas之外 |
[15:54] | And it’s seasonal,like he said. | 是季节性的 就像他说的 |
[15:57] | Detective daniels,what do you have for me? | Daniels探员 你查到什么了 |
[15:59] | The flarpl. | 家庭法律师房产留置权 |
[16:01] | They’re usually issued when there’s a question | 通常是在无法付钱 |
[16:03] | Of how the attorney will be paid, | 给律师时产生的 |
[16:04] | And dr. Schafer is a highly successful ophthalmologist. | Schafer医生是个非常出色的眼科医师 |
[16:07] | So why would his wife’s attorney | 他妻子的律师为什么 |
[16:08] | Need to put a lien on their house? | 要在他们的房子上使用留置权呢? |
[16:10] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:11] | I can’t explain where the money from his practice goes. | 我不知道他执业赚的钱都去哪儿了 |
[16:14] | He doesn’t seem to take anything from his business,really. | 他似乎在生意上一无所获 |
[16:17] | I,uh…i feel like i haven’t done my best on this case, | 我…我觉得我在这个案子上做得不够好 |
[16:22] | And i don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[16:24] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:26] | That’s okay.we all make mistakes. | 没什么 人人都会犯错 |
[16:30] | Maybe i… | 或许我.. |
[16:32] | Maybe i made a really big one. | 或许我犯了个严重的错误 |
[16:35] | In fact,the only person i’ve run into all week | 事实上 整个星期我在跟进的那个 |
[16:38] | Who seems to have a good explanation for everything is dr. Schafer. | 唯一能够把一切解释清楚的人 就是Schafer医生啦 |
[16:42] | All right,um… | 好吧 恩… |
[16:44] | Detective daniels,valerie henry said | Daniels探员 Valerie Henry说 |
[16:46] | That the victim’s billing information wasn’t privileged, | 受害者的付款资料并不是保密的 |
[16:48] | So see if you can get ahold of that fl– | 看你能否替我拿到… |
[16:52] | Flarpl for me,please. | 那个家庭法律师房产留置 |
[16:55] | It’s a public document. I can’t get it until monday. | 那是公共文件 要周一才能拿到 |
[16:59] | Or mrs. Henry might be able to help us. | 或许Henry夫人能够帮助我们 |
[17:04] | I have the financial files. | 我有财务文件 |
[17:06] | What would you like to know? | 你想知道什么? |
[17:07] | Your husband asked for and received a flarpl, | 你丈夫申请到了家庭法律师房产留置 |
[17:10] | But dr. Schafer’s a wealthy man. | 可Schafer医生是个有钱人 |
[17:12] | The judge could have ordered him | 法官会下令要他 |
[17:13] | To write a check for his wife’s attorney fee. | 开张支票付他妻子的律师费的 |
[17:15] | Yes,usually that’s what ollie would have recommended, | 是的 通常都是Ollie推荐的 |
[17:17] | But it turns out,not surprisingly, | 但也不奇怪 |
[17:19] | Since he was having an affair, | 自从他有外遇 |
[17:22] | That the schafers’ bank accounts were nearly empty. | Schafers的银行帐户几乎空了 |
[17:24] | So,ollie did a little investigating, | Ollie做了些调查 |
[17:26] | And he found out that the doctor had, | 他发现了那个医生的事 |
[17:29] | A couple of years ago,put a lot of money into a second home. | 两年前 他花很多钱置办了第二个家 |
[17:34] | – so,he put a lien on that – -i-i’m sorry. | – 所以他设置了留置… – 我..不好意思 |
[17:36] | A second home? | 第二个家 |
[17:39] | In l.a.,too. | 也在洛杉矶 |
[17:40] | Very close to his primary residence.isn’t that odd? | 离他之前住的地方很近 是不是很奇怪? |
[17:44] | And then when dr. Schafer found out about the lien | 之后当Schafer医生发现了 |
[17:47] | On that residence,he hit the roof — | 房产留置权的事 他大发雷霆 |
[17:49] | Threatened ollie. | 威胁Ollie |
[17:50] | And your ex-husband told you that? | 是你前夫告诉你的? |
[17:52] | Oh,no,no. | 噢 不 不是的 |
[17:53] | Ollie took privilege seriously. | Ollie非常重视拒绝泄露内情权 |
[17:56] | He didn’t want me to worry about threats. | 他不想让我为威胁的事担心 |
[17:57] | No,i was there. | 不过当时我在的 |
[17:59] | Dr. Schafer came into the office. | Schafer医生来到了办公室 |
[18:03] | And the only other thing i can tell you | 唯一我能告诉你的就是 |
[18:05] | Is that mrs. Schafer asked ollie | Schafer夫人让Ollie |
[18:07] | To take her to this new house,and he did. | 带他去新房子 他照做了 |
[18:11] | But around that time, | 但是那段时间里 |
[18:13] | Ollie and i had an argument about the dogs,and we… | Ollie和我因为狗的事吵起来了 我们… |
[18:19] | And we never spoke again. | 之后就一直冷战 |
[18:22] | Looks like mrs. Schafer paid us by a cashier’s check | 看来Schafer夫人是用银行本票付钱给我们的 |
[18:26] | Two days before ollie died to get the flarpl removed. | Ollie死前两天解除了留置权 |
[18:31] | And he released the lien? | 他解除了吗? |
[18:33] | Well,he probably would have that monday,but he died… | 本来他是打算周一那么做的 可是他死了 |
[18:37] | Or was murdered. | 或是是被谋杀了 |
[18:39] | And if he was,then it’s my fault, | 如果是的话 那就是我的错 |
[18:41] | Because if i hadn’t filed for divorce from ollie, | 如果我没有把跟Ollie的离婚信发出去 |
[18:44] | He never would have been alone in the house that night, | 那晚他就不可能是一个人在房子里 |
[18:46] | And he never would have made it to the bottom of that pool. | 他也就不可能躺在泳池底 |
[18:49] | And here i am,living with everything we’ve ever owned, | 现在我和我们曾拥有的一切一起生活 |
[18:51] | And it means nothing because i don’t have him. | 可这毫无意义 因为我已经失去他了 |
[18:57] | If i had just — | 如果我只是… |
[19:00] | If i… | 如果我… |
[19:03] | “if”…is a…very hard word to live with. | “如果”是个让人难以容忍的词 |
[19:11] | But… | 可是… |
[19:13] | You’re living here again. | 你又住在了这里 |
[19:15] | Your ex-husband never changed his will. | 你前夫从未改过遗嘱 |
[19:18] | Yes,well… | 是啊 |
[19:21] | Yes,i guess… | 是啊 我想是吧 |
[19:24] | He was a bit neglectful of his personal papers. | 他可能忘改遗嘱了吧 |
[19:26] | Or maybe he wanted you to have this place. | 或许他是想让你拥有这个地方 |
[19:31] | That,in spite of everything… | 无论如何 |
[19:34] | He still loved you. | 他依然爱你 |
[19:37] | Maybe,i guess. | 也许吧 |
[19:41] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:45] | Dr. Schafer’s other property, | Schafer的医生的其他财产 |
[19:48] | The one the flarpl was issued against,is in westwood. | 设置了留置权的那所房子在Westwood |
[19:50] | How is it that we’re just hearing about this property now? | 为什么我现在才知道他的这个财务状况? |
[19:53] | I’ve been through the schafers’ finances and nothing like this came up. | 我查了所有Schafer的财政记录 但没有听说过有这事啊 |
[20:00] | It wouldn’t… | 不会的… |
[20:02] | Because it’s not in the schafers’ name. | 因为不是在Schafer名下 |
[20:05] | It’s owned by jonathan schafer’s practice, | 它属于Jonathan Schafer的诊所 |
[20:07] | Listed as a second clinic. | 作为第二诊所 |
[20:09] | But it’s not in an area zoned for business. | 但不是在经营地点之内 |
[20:12] | And the address? | 地址是? |
[20:14] | 2501 partridge drive. | Partridge路 2051号 |
[21:06] | Lieutenant flynn. | Flynn副队长 |
[21:08] | Fancy meeting you here. | 很高兴见到你 |
[21:10] | Chief,you have no idea. | 头儿 你不知道 |
[21:24] | Chief. | 头儿 |
[21:25] | Every room in the house is like this. | 房子里所有房间都是这样的 |
[21:27] | There must be close to 4,000 plants here. | 里面一定种了有将近4000株 |
[21:29] | I’m telling you,this much marijuana’s | 我告诉你 这些大麻 |
[21:31] | Got to be worth $10 million,$12 million. | 价值大约有1千到1千两百万 |
[21:32] | And how did following up on mr.Eugene barnes lead you here? | 为什么跟着Eugene Barnes先生 会把你引到这儿来呢? |
[21:36] | Well,guess who gets his mail delivered to 2501 partridge drive. | 好吧 猜猜谁拿到了发到他 Partridge路2501号的信件 |
[21:44] | Utility bills. | 杂费单 |
[21:46] | Bet they use an awful lot of electricity to run all of this equipment. | 我敢打赌 运行所有这种设备 他们得耗上很多很多电 |
[21:50] | And,gee,I wonder what mr.Barnes uses his boat for in the off-season. | 还有 Gee 我怀疑Barnes先生在淡季里 到底用他的游艇去干吗了 |
[21:57] | Oh,for heaven sakes. | 噢 谢天谢地 |
[22:02] | Schafer,is your husband home? | Schafer 你老公在家吗? |
[22:03] | What is this about? | 这是干什么? |
[22:05] | I have a search warrant. | 我有搜查令 |
[22:06] | What the hell is going on here? | 这是他妈的在干吗?! |
[22:08] | An arrest warrant for you,sir.Jonathan schafer, | 逮捕令 给你的 先生 Jonathan Schafer |
[22:10] | you are under arrest for the cultivation of and possession to sell marijuana. | 你因种植 拥有并且销售大麻被捕了 |
[22:13] | You have the right to remain silent******* | 你有权保持沉默 你所说的一切将会… |
[22:16] | Jonathan,What is going on? | 什么回事啊? |
[22:17] | Call cordry.Have him meet me downtown. | 打给Cordry 叫他到市区见我 |
[22:19] | Daddy! | 爸爸! |
[22:19] | It’s okay,honey. | 没事的 亲爱的 |
[22:20] | ****** | 就别担心你女儿了 |
[22:22] | – Did you understand****? – Yes. | – 你明白吗你的权利吗? – 是的 |
[22:24] | Kristen,have cordry meet me! | Kristen 叫Cordry去见我! |
[22:26] | Honey,go to your room right now. | 亲爱的 马上回你房间去 |
[22:28] | Lieutenants flynn and provenza — | Flynn跟Provenza副队长… |
[22:30] | arrest mr.Topper barnes? | 逮捕Topper Barnes先生? |
[22:31] | If you would,please. | 你们愿意的话 请吧 |
[22:32] | Our pleasure,chief. | 非常乐意 头儿 再拉的话会把钓索拉断的 上钩了 好啊 今天 我们被监控的 别吵 |
[22:49] | No,thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[22:50] | sit down.sit down.Let’s just sit down. | 我们坐下吧 |
[22:54] | The best thing to do is not to say anything. | 最好就是什么也别说 |
[22:58] | Mr.Cordry,dr.Schafer,topper. | Cordry先生 Schafer医生 Topper |
[23:01] | Your actions today are those of a desperate individual. | 你今天的行动纯粹就是个人的孤注一掷 |
[23:04] | First,you arrest the wrong man for the murder, | 首先 你抓错了凶手 |
[23:06] | then you compound that error by arresting topper barnes. | 然后你因为逮捕了Topper Barnes 犯下了更多的错误 |
[23:08] | Sir,are you aware that dr.Schafer here | 先生 你知道这位Schafer医生 |
[23:11] | owns a house containing 4,000 marijuana plants worth approximately $12 million? | 拥有一套种植有价值大约1200万美金的 4000株大麻的房子吗? |
[23:16] | He’s an agricultural tycoon. | 他是个大农场主 |
[23:21] | Schafer’s going back to jail without bond.He’s gonna stay there,too. | Schafer会回监狱的 还不给保释 他就呆在那吧 |
[23:24] | Let his jerk lawyer explain why his client is entering the courtroom through the prison door. | 就让这个笨律师跟他的当事人解释 为什么会从法庭去到监狱吧 |
[23:29] | And your other client,mr.Barnes,was his gardener. | 然后你的另一个当事人 Barnes先生 是他的园丁 |
[23:32] | So it seems to me that you have a very big problem — | 所以对我来说 你的麻烦大了… |
[23:34] | he’s an ophthalmologist. | 他是眼科医生 |
[23:35] | Medical marijuana is legal in california. | 医学用的大麻在加州是合法的 |
[23:38] | They use it for glaucoma and cataracts. | 他们用它来治疗青光眼跟白内障 |
[23:40] | Well,judging by the amount of pot you have on hand,sir,you must be bracing for an epidemic. | 先生 就你手上的数量来看 你是在准备应付眼病大爆发吧? |
[23:45] | Sergeant gabriel,let’s get garnett in here. | Gabriel警长 把Garnett带来这里吧 |
[23:47] | I believe we have our motive. | 我相信我们找到动机了 |
[23:48] | Dr.Schafer here may have set you up by having you register the utilities at his house in your name. | 这位Schafer医生可能通过用你名义 在他房子下注册的杂费把你陷害了 |
[23:54] | Maybe he’ll claim you were renting the place. | 或许他会声称你是在租那套房子 |
[23:56] | Don’t listen to her.Allow me to excuse your ignorance,ma’am, | 别听她的 让我原谅你的无知吧 夫人 |
[23:59] | by pointing out that medical marijuana is available by prescrip– | 通过指出医学大麻是处方… |
[24:02] | jonathan,let me handle this. | Jonathan 让我来处理吧 |
[24:03] | Just because my client owns a house in which marijuana was cultivated does not make him a killer. | 就因为我当事人拥有一套种植有大麻的房子 并不能让他成为凶手 |
[24:08] | And none of this,by the way,is admissible in the current trial. | 然后顺便跟你说一声 这里没有一件证物 在本次审判中能成为可接纳的证据 |
[24:11] | The fact that the victim put a lien on your client’s house, | 受害者跟你当事人的房子扯上关系的事实 |
[24:14] | a house containing over $12 million in marijuana,just might be of interest to the judge. | 然后那房子还藏有超过1200万美金大麻 这个会让法官感上那么点兴趣的 |
[24:18] | Well,we’ll see about that. | 那好 我们会留意这一点的 |
[24:19] | Wait a second. | 等一下 |
[24:22] | – Take it back a few frames. – Yeah,I saw it,too. | – 倒回去几�� – 嗯 我也看到了 |
[24:24] | Right about… | 就在… |
[24:26] | stop.******* | 停 |
[24:28] | Let me enhance this. | 把像素增强 |
[24:33] | Doesn’t look like a carlos to me. | 不象是Carlos |
[24:36] | Who’s that in the reflection?Do we know her? | 镜像里那个是谁? 我们知道她吗? |
[24:38] | Yeah.That’s schafer’s ex-girlfriend. | 是的 那是Schafer的前女友 |
[24:41] | Though I’m beginning to doubt about how ex she is. | 不过我还是要怀疑她究竟有多”前任” |
[24:44] | A direct violation of their constitutional rights. | 这是一种对宪法赋予的权利的直接侵犯 |
[24:50] | So,I’m not under arrest,or — or do I need a lawyer? | 那么 我没被逮捕吧 或者… 或者我需要请个律师? |
[24:53] | No,you are not under arrest,and you don’t need a lawyer. | 不 你没有被逮捕 你也不用请律师 |
[24:57] | Because,fortunately,for you,lying to the police is not against the law. | 因为 你很走运 对你来说 向警方撒慌并不违法 |
[25:00] | We just wanted to straighten a few things out. | 我们就想弄清楚一些事 |
[25:03] | Have you tell us the truth this time,since we already know most of it. | 你这次跟我们说实话了吗? 我们可是掌握了很多东西哦 |
[25:09] | How about that? | 如何啊? |
[25:10] | Have a seat,if you would,please. | 坐吧 你想坐的话 就请坐吧 |
[25:13] | Well,but I — I knew jonathan was innocent. | 好的 不过我…我知道Jonathan是无辜的 |
[25:19] | And he promised me… | 而且他向我保证过… |
[25:21] | that you’d figure that out in the end. | 到最后你们也能破案的 |
[25:23] | Then why not tell us that you were on the boat with dr.Schafer from the very beginning? | 那为什么最初你不告诉我们 你和Schafer医生在那游艇上呢? |
[25:26] | You could have been his alibi when we couldn’t find topper barnes. | 在我们找不到Topper Barnes的时候 你可以当他不在犯罪现场的证明啊 |
[25:30] | Jonathan asked me not to say anything about being on the boat with him. | Jonathan让我不要说出跟他在游艇上的事 |
[25:34] | He thought my getting wrapped up in a murder investigation, | 他觉得我牵扯进一宗谋杀案的调查中 |
[25:36] | that it would hurt my career — the scandal. | 会影响到我的事业…那些流言蜚语 |
[25:41] | We all know how horrible scandal is for an aspiring actress’ career. | 我们都知道对于一个积极上进的女演员来说 流言蜚语有多可怕 |
[25:45] | No. | 不 |
[25:46] | No,I don’t think that jonathan schafer was trying to protect you,michelle. | 不 我不认为Jonathan Schafer 是想保护你 Michelle |
[25:50] | At all. | 根本不是 |
[25:51] | He was,though.He was.And he’s innocent. | 他是的 不管怎样 他是的 然后他是无辜的 |
[25:54] | He was with me when that attorney was murdered. | 那律师被谋杀的时候他跟我在一起 |
[25:56] | If you were on the boat,how come you’re not in the video,other than the reflection? | 如果你在游艇上 为什么你除了镜像 就没在录像中出现呢? |
[26:01] | Jonathan told me to just hold the camera and not say anything,which was… | Jonathan叫我拿着摄像机就好 什么也别说 说这…对我好… |
[26:05] | fine with me — anything to keep the relationship going,I guess. | 这样可以让我们关系保持下去吧 我想 |
[26:09] | I mean,the whole weekend was a surprise,anyway. | 我是说 其实整个周末都是个意外 |
[26:13] | A surprise? | 意外? |
[26:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:15] | I found out that morning when jonathan showed up at my apartment. | 我想起来了 那天早上Jonathan出现在我住所时 |
[26:18] | He told me to pack,and then we went to the marina. | 他叫我收拾行装 然后我们就去了码头 |
[26:24] | In your car? | 开你的车吗? |
[26:25] | – No,jonathan took me – – are you sure? | – 不是 Jonathan载的我… – 你确定? |
[26:29] | Jonathan picked you up and took you to the marina? | Jonathan接了你 然后把你载到了码头? |
[26:34] | Uh-huh — marina del rey. | 啊哈…Del Rey码头 |
[26:37] | Okay.Thank you,michelle. | 好了 谢谢你 Michelle |
[26:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[26:44] | Did I clear things up for you,then? | 我帮你弄明白事情了吗? |
[26:47] | Yes,you certainly did. | 是的 那当然 |
[26:51] | – Thank you. | – Thank you. – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[27:03] | Chief,we received the security photos from the marina parking lot,and we got a match. | 头儿 我们收到了那个码头停车场的保安照片 然后我们对上号了 |
[27:07] | Lieutenant tao has them in the electronics room. | Tao副队长在电子室里处理呢 |
[27:09] | Thank you,detective. | 谢谢你 探员 |
[27:11] | You’re not trying to do anything! | 你就没在想办法! |
[27:13] | Ma’am,you need to calm down. | 夫人 你要冷静 |
[27:14] | Don’t tell me to calm down! | 别跟我说冷静! |
[27:16] | I have been sitting here for over two hours waiting to talk to somebody! | 我在这枯等了超过两小时 就是没人跟我说话! |
[27:20] | Well,I am just that somebody.How can I help you? | 我这不是来了嘛 我能怎么帮你呢? |
[27:22] | I went to post bail for my husband, | 我来保释我丈夫 |
[27:24] | and I was told that you and that horrible district attorney requested no bond? | 然后有人告诉我 你们还有那个该死的检控官不让保释? |
[27:28] | That’s true.I was hoping I could explain things. | 是真的 我也希望我能解释清楚 |
[27:31] | The judge already decided that my husband was not a flight risk,so — | 法官已经判定我丈夫不会潜逃 所以… |
[27:34] | but that was for the murder. | 但这次不是因为谋杀啊 |
[27:36] | That was before the court knew about the $12 million worth of marijuana | 那是在法庭知道你丈夫的房子里种有 |
[27:39] | grown at your husband’s westwood house. | 价值1200万美金的大麻之前 |
[27:41] | Now his flight-risk status has changed. | 现在他不会潜逃的状况已经改变了 |
[27:44] | So,sergeant gabriel,would you please escort mrs.Schafer to the electronics room?Thank you | 所以 Gabriel警长 你能把Schafer 护送到电子室去吗? 谢谢 |
[27:48] | I’ll be right there to straighten things out. | 我很快就会到那儿把事情澄清的 |
[27:50] | This way,please. | 这边 请 |
[27:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:58] | Mr.Garnett. | Garnett先生 |
[28:00] | Perfect timing. | 真巧啊 |
[28:01] | Deputy chief johnson,is it true? | Johnson副局长 那是真的吗? |
[28:03] | Is what true,sir? | 什么真的吗? |
[28:05] | Did you place michelle edwards on the same boat as dr.Schafer the weekend | Michelle Edwards在Henry先生被杀那天 |
[28:08] | he’s supposed to have murdered mr.Henry? | 是不是跟Schafer医生在同艘游艇上? |
[28:10] | Well,yes,it is. | 是啊 在一起 |
[28:12] | Congratulations. | 那恭喜了 |
[28:13] | You’ve confirmed the alibi of the defendant,as well as the two people most likely to have assisted him. | 你替辩方证明了不在场证据 那两个人更象是在帮被告 |
[28:18] | Honestly,I’ve come to believe this case should be dismissed | 说真的 我觉得这案子得消案了 |
[28:22] | because you arrested the wrong man. | 因为你抓错了人 |
[28:23] | I have not arrested the wrong man. | 我没抓错人 |
[28:25] | And before you dismiss the charges,you might want to hear the confession. | 在你撤诉前 你或许想听一听供述 |
[28:29] | Besides,I need you to make a deal. | 此外 我还需要你弄一份协议 |
[28:30] | A confession? | 供述? |
[28:32] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吧? |
[28:33] | Cordry’s never gonna let schafer talk to you. | Cordry不会让Schafer跟你说话的 |
[28:35] | Do you want to win your case or not? | 你想不想赢官司嘛t? |
[28:39] | Come with me,sir. | 跟我来吧 |
[28:44] | Mrs.Schafer,I’m so sorry to keep you waiting. | Schafer夫人 让你久等了 |
[28:48] | Would you like a tissue or something? | 来包纸巾什么的吧? |
[28:50] | No,I just — I just want my husband home. | 不用 我就..我就想我丈夫回家 |
[28:53] | And I have to — I have to go. | 然后我得…我得走了 |
[28:55] | I couldn’t find a sitter,and my daughter,beverly, | 我找不到保姆 然后我的女儿 Beverly |
[28:58] | she’s been home alone for over two hours now. | 她现在独自在家都不止两小时了 |
[29:00] | Well,let me relieve your mind about one thing… | 我们来替你减轻点负担吧 |
[29:03] | because beverly’s here with us. | 因为Beverly在我们这儿 |
[29:09] | And we are keeping her very safe. | 她很安全 |
[29:12] | What is beverly… | 怎么Beverly… |
[29:15] | what are you doing with my daughter? | 你们拿我女儿怎么啦? |
[29:17] | We’re just asking her a few questions. | 我们就问她几个问题 |
[29:19] | Tell me,ma’am,do you ever borrow your husband’s car? | 告诉我 夫人 你用过你丈夫的车吗? |
[29:27] | – No. – Really? | – 没有 – 真的吗? |
[29:28] | Because beverly remembers things differently. | Beverly记的可不大一样哦 |
[29:32] | She says that jonathan drove your car to the marina the weekend oliver henry was killed. | 她说Jonathan在Oliver Henry被杀的那个周末 是开着你的车去码头的 |
[29:37] | These pictures were taken from a parking-lot security camera in marina del rey | 这些照片取自于Del Rey码头的 停车场保安镜头 |
[29:42] | two days before your attorney was murdered. | 在你的律师被谋杀的两天前拍的 |
[29:48] | This is your car entering the lot,yes? | 这是你的车在进停车场 对吧? |
[29:51] | The vanity plates say mrs.Eyes. | 车牌上写着Mrs.Eyes |
[29:56] | Same security camera four days later — your car exiting the lot. | 四天后的同个保安镜头下 你的车出了停车场 |
[30:01] | And it clearly shows your husband paying the cashier. | 然后清楚的显示了你丈夫在付钱 |
[30:04] | So,if jonathan was driving your car,the question is,which car were you driving? | 所以 如果Jonathan开的是你的车 问题是 你又开的是哪辆车呢? |
[30:10] | Or maybe it’s like beverly says… | 或是可能如Beverly所说… |
[30:13] | mommy was driving daddy’s car. | 妈妈开的是爸爸的车 |
[30:17] | What’s — what’s going on here? | 这…这是怎么一回事? |
[30:24] | Mrs.Schafer filed for divorce with a fine,upstanding attorney — | Schafer夫人申请离婚 找了个出色又正直的律师 |
[30:27] | a decent guy,a former eagle scout. | 正派人 前任老鹰童子军 |
[30:31] | And he went after her husband,trying to find where he might have hidden his resources. | 于是他查了她的丈夫 想找出他的财产都藏哪去了 |
[30:35] | And he discovered a second residence. | 然后发现了他的第二处住所 |
[30:36] | And what did you find,mrs.Schafer,at that second home? | 然后你又找到了什么Schafer夫人 在那第二个家里面? |
[30:41] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[30:43] | I mean,you know already. | 我是说你们已经知道了 |
[30:47] | I thought that we were doing so well because jonathan was a great doctor. | 我以为我们已经够可以了 因为Jonathan是那么一位出色的医生 |
[30:52] | I had no idea that our money was coming from selling drugs. | 我真的没想到我们的钱是贩毒得来的 |
[30:56] | And mr.Henry said,this is great. | 然后Henry说了 这很好 |
[30:59] | Your husband’s involved in a criminal enterprise. | 你丈夫牵扯进了一桩犯罪事业里去 |
[31:00] | You’re gonna get sole custody of your daughter, | 你可以取得你女儿的抚养权 |
[31:02] | and after the government confiscates his property,you’ll get everything that’s left. | 然后等政府充公了他的财产后 剩下的东西就都是你的了 |
[31:06] | But everything didn’t turn out to be so much,did it,mrs.Schafer? | 但事情并非完全如你们所愿 对吧 Schafer夫人? |
[31:10] | Oh,my god.They did it together. | 噢 天哪 他们合伙的 |
[31:12] | I — just — sergeant gabriel. | 我…Gabriel警长 |
[31:15] | Kristen schafer,you have the right to remain silent. | Kristen schafer 你有权保持沉默 |
[31:17] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的一切将成为呈堂证供 |
[31:20] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[31:22] | If you cannot afford an attorney,one will be appointed by the court. | 如果你请不起律师 法庭会给你指定的 |
[31:28] | Mrs.Schafer,do you understand your rights? | Schafer夫人 你明白你的权利了吗? |
[31:30] | I understand.I don’T… | 我明白 我不… |
[31:33] | know if I want to say anything. | 知道我是否该说什么 |
[31:35] | Before you invoke your right to counsel,I want to offer you something, | 在你使用权利请个律师之前 我给你提个醒 |
[31:39] | if mr.Garnett will agree. | 如果Garnett先生会同意的话 |
[31:41] | Because without your testimony on monday, | 因为如果周一庭上没了你的证词 |
[31:45] | your husband is gonna be found not guilty, | 你的丈夫会被宣告无罪 |
[31:48] | and you,unfortunately,will end up on death row. | 而你呢 很不走运 最终将会走向断头台 |
[31:51] | – No! – So… | – 不要啊! – 所以… |
[31:53] | you have a choice to make tonight,between life and death, | 你今晚要做个抉择 生死之间 |
[31:57] | for you or your husband,and I want you to take a look at your daughter on the monitor. | 你与你丈夫之间 然后我想让你看一眼监视器上的女儿 |
[32:00] | No! | 不! |
[32:01] | Because if you tell me the truth… | 因为如果你把真相告诉我… |
[32:04] | well,you might miss beverly growing up and getting married. | 你可能错过了Beverly长大 结婚 |
[32:08] | But there is a chance that you could hold your grandchildren in your arms one day. | 但你有一天会有机会 把你的孙子抱在手中的 |
[32:15] | So,she killed henry. | 那么 她杀的Henry |
[32:16] | – She murdered her own attorney? – It wasn’t her idea. | – 她谋杀了她自己的律师? – 不是她的主意 |
[32:18] | It was her husband’S. | 是她丈夫的 |
[32:19] | He planned it,and he gave her the versed.***** | 他策划好 给了她麻醉药 就是他 |
[32:22] | Why would she do that? | 她干吗要听他的? |
[32:23] | Because when mrs.Schafer went to give mr.Henry a cashier’s check so he would release the lien, | 因为当Schafer夫人要去给Henry送 银行本票以解除留置权的时候 |
[32:29] | he told her that he was obligated to call the police. | 他告诉她说她有义务报警 |
[32:32] | And the millions of dollars that | 然后那几百万块 |
[32:34] | she expected to get from her divorce settlement just disappeared,didn’t it? | 本来可以从离婚中拿到的就见财化水了 对不? |
[32:38] | There would be no alimony,no child — | 没有了赡养费 没有了孩子… |
[32:39] | no,jonathan and I were not getting a divorce! | 不 Jonathan和我不离婚了! |
[32:43] | We made up. | 我们和好了 |
[32:44] | I paid mr.Henry what I owed him,and that is the end of the story. | 我把欠Henry的还他 故事到此结束 |
[32:48] | You can’t prove anything against jonathan. | 你无法证明任何不利于Jonathan的东西 |
[32:52] | Without your testimony,that’s probably true. | 没有你的证词 这可能是真的 |
[32:54] | But i can prove that you murdered oliver henry. | 但我能证明你谋杀了Oliver Henry |
[32:56] | And after your husband is acquitted,I fully expect him to testify against you. | 一旦你丈夫脱了罪 我完全可以认为他将倒打一耙 |
[33:00] | He won’T.And,anyway,he can’T. | 他不会的 再说了 他也不能 |
[33:02] | Spouses can’t testify against each other. | 配偶不能互证有罪 |
[33:04] | Except in cases of conspiracy to commit murder…ma’am. | 除了合谋杀人 夫人 |
[33:08] | That’s a pretty big exception,one you can count on me to exploit. | 这是个很重要的例外 你等着我使用吧 |
[33:12] | Call me. | 传唤我好了 |
[33:14] | And I’ll plead the 5th. | 我会引用宪法第五修正案 (公民不得自证其罪) |
[33:16] | And jonathan will never say a word against me.Not a word. | 而且Jonathan也不会吐任何一个不利 于我的字的 一个都不会 |
[33:19] | Oh,I think he might. | 噢 我想他会的 |
[33:21] | Have you ever seen your husband’s alibi video? | 你看过你丈夫的不在场证明录像吗? |
[33:27] | Have a seat,ma’am. | 坐吧 夫人 |
[33:41] | I’m sorry,ma’am. | 不好意思 夫人 |
[33:46] | Looks to me like your husband had a guest on board. | 看来你丈夫的船上有嘉宾哦 |
[33:52] | She look at all familiar to you? | 她看起来面熟吗? |
[34:05] | What do you want me to say? | 你要我说什么? |
[34:07] | Was killing mr.Henry your idea or your husband’s? | 杀Henry 是你的主意还是你丈夫的? |
[34:16] | It was jonathan’S. | 是Jonathan的 |
[34:20] | Second-degree murder,possibility of parole, | 二级谋杀 可以假释 |
[34:24] | if you tell the truth at your husband’s trial on monday. | 如果你在周一庭上说出真相的话 |
[34:34] | And for jonathan? | 那么Jonathan呢? |
[34:36] | You’ll go for the death penalty. | 你们会诉求死刑的 |
[34:39] | I’ll definitely ask. | 那是肯定的 |
[34:43] | Jonathan threatened oliver, | Jonathan威胁oliver |
[34:45] | and he made sure that people knew about it. | 然后让大家都知道这事 |
[34:48] | And then he left town. | 接着他出了城 |
[34:50] | He even took my car so that I could use his to go over to mr.Henry’s that night, | 他还用了我的车 以便那晚我可以用他的去Henry那儿 |
[34:55] | so if people ended up thinking it was a murder, | 如果人们最后认为是谋杀案 |
[34:57] | they’d believe that jonathan had been there himself. | 他们会以为是Jonathan自己去的那儿 |
[35:00] | He’d be a prime suspect… | 他是头号嫌疑犯… |
[35:03] | with a rock-solid alibi… | 有着无可辩驳的不在场证明… |
[35:07] | while you,who have no reason to want oliver henry dead,would murder him. | 而你 那个没理由想Oliver Henry死的 把他给谋杀了 |
[35:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:16] | How did you do this? | 你怎么做的? |
[35:21] | I went to mr.Henry’s house,slightly hysterical about | 我去了Henry的房子 对我将来 |
[35:26] | how I was going to live without any money, | 穷困潦倒的生活装得有点歇斯底里 |
[35:30] | and I had the versed my husband had given me. | 然后我拿出了我丈夫给我的麻醉药 |
[35:35] | Mr.Henry offered me a drink to calm down,and he had one,too. | Henry给了我一杯酒 想让我冷静下来 他自己也倒了一杯 |
[35:41] | And then… | 然后… |
[35:44] | I called mr.Henry from my husband’s cell,which I had in my purse. | 我用我丈夫的手机打电话给Henry先生 那手机就放我包里 |
[35:50] | And when mr.Henry got up to answer his phone… | 当Henry先生起身接电话时… |
[35:59] | I put the versed in his drink… | 我就把麻醉药放进了他的酒里… |
[36:02] | just like jonathan told me to do. | 照Jonathan说的那么做 |
[36:05] | I tried to get him up and outside. | 我试图把他抱起来弄到外面去 |
[36:09] | I carried him part of the way,balancing him on my shoulder. | 我扛着他走了一段路 用我的肩膀保持着平衡 |
[36:15] | But he was heavy,and… | 但他太重了 然后… |
[36:18] | he fell,first to his knees,and then… | 他先跪倒了 再然后… |
[36:26] | I dropped him,and he hit his head. | 我接不住他 他撞到了头 |
[36:32] | And then I dragged him the rest of the way. | 剩下的我都是拖着走的 |
[36:35] | And did you push him into the pool? | 你把他推进泳池了吗? |
[36:39] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:43] | Did he struggle to get out? | 他有挣扎着爬上来么? |
[36:46] | No. | 没有 |
[36:48] | Why,mrs.Schafer?Why did you do this terrible thing? | 为什么 Schafer夫人? 为什么你要做这么可怕的事? |
[36:55] | Because jonathan said that I had to. | 因为Jonathan说我必须做 |
[37:01] | My husband told me that we would lose everything | 他说如果我们不做的话 |
[37:05] | and go to jail if we didn’t do it,and… | 将会一无所有 还要进监狱 然后… |
[37:09] | that if I would just trust him… | 如果我相信他… |
[37:14] | we could go back to the life… | 我们的生活将… |
[37:17] | we used to have. | 一如既往 |
[37:30] | Thank you,mrs.Schafer. | 谢谢你 Schafer夫人 |
[37:33] | Your witness. | 到你盘问了 |
[37:46] | Your honor,we request a recess of one hour in which to consider how to respond to this testimony. | 法官大人 我们要求休息一个小时 以便我们考虑如何应对这份证词 |
[37:54] | Take two hours,counselor. | 两小时吧 律师先生 |
[37:57] | This court will recess until 3:00 this afternoon. | 庭审休息到下午3点 |
[38:27] | The bubbly! | 上香槟! |
[38:27] | Sergeant.You’re gonna have to skip me. | 警长 你就放过我吧 |
[38:29] | I’m gonna stick with my usual cranberry and soda. | 我还是喝我的小红莓加苏打吧 |
[38:32] | No champagne? | 不喝香槟? |
[38:33] | Here,take a look at this. | 这儿呢 看看 |
[38:34] | I wear this all the time. | 我一直戴着呢 |
[38:36] | 10 years in A.A. | 参加戒酒会10年了 |
[38:39] | You’re kidding. | 别逗了 |
[38:40] | Well,you see,chief,when I used to drink,I could be a little bit of an asshole. | 嗯 你要知道 头儿 我以前一喝酒就跟禽兽一样 |
[38:45] | Imagine that,if you can. | 你就想象一下吧 |
[38:53] | Sergeant,just a little for me. | 警长 给我来一点吧 |
[38:54] | If I drink too much,women take advantage of me. | 我要是喝太多了 会给女人占便宜去的 |
[38:59] | Give me my ring. | 把戒指还我 |
[39:01] | Just a drop. | 一口就行啦 |
[39:04] | I got a serious headache. | 我头疼得很 |
[39:05] | You guys are so full of it.This is good stuff. | 你们真没劲 这是好东西来的 |
[39:08] | Here,pour me their shares. | 这儿 把他们的那份都给我 |
[39:09] | Drink up,lieutenant.I’ll give you a ride. | 干了吧 副警长 我送你回去 |
[39:12] | Well,in that case,pour me flynn’s share,too. | 那好既然如此 把Flynn那份也倒给我 |
[39:15] | Fine with me,baby. | 没问题 |
[39:21] | And one for the chief. | 给头儿也来一杯 |
[39:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:23] | Okay,we’re all ready. | 好 大家准备好 |
[39:25] | Sergeant gabriel,you should make the toast. | Gabriel警长 你来祝酒吧 |
[39:27] | It’ll be good practice in case he ever decides on a career where public speaking is necessary. | 万一哪天他当上了大官 要抛头露面 这种练习可是很有必要的 |
[39:31] | – Sergeant! – Let’s go.Sergeant! | – 警长! – 来吧 警长! |
[39:35] | – Let’s go – Come on,sergeant. | – 来呀 – 快点 警长 |
[39:36] | Don’t hold back.We know you’re a suck-up. | 别犹豫了 我们知道你行的 |
[39:39] | Ah,yes,thank you,lieutenant.That’s very helpful. | 啊 是啊 谢谢你 副队长 这话太有用了 |
[39:43] | okay…uh…for… | 好吧…呃…为… |
[39:46] | keeping the team together despite some pretty hefty pressure | 无论在什么沉重的压力下 我们的队伍保持团结一致 |
[39:52] | and for… | 还为了… |
[39:54] | trusting her instincts,about us,too,by the way. | 相信她的直觉 顺便也相信我们的 |
[39:59] | And,uh… | 还有 呃… |
[40:01] | for how she always works so hard to get her man. | 为了她努力工作赢得了她手下的人的心 |
[40:07] | I say,hail to the chief. | 我说 向我们的头儿致敬 |
[40:08] | Chief! | 头儿! |
[40:14] | Well,that was some — | 嗯 那就是… |
[40:18] | Well,y’all are a little bit like… | 嗯 你们都有点象… |
[40:23] | a little like my own… | 有点象我自己的… |
[40:24] | oh,for heaven sakes. | 噢 看在上帝的份上 |
[40:26] | Thank you and right back at you,all of you. | 谢谢你们 也向你们致敬 你们所有人 |
[40:30] | – Cheers! – Salud. | – 干杯! – 干杯 |
[40:31] | – Cheers! – Salud. | – 干杯! – 干杯 |
[40:33] | Salud! | 干杯! |
[40:36] | Now,gabriel,send the rest of thabottle over here. | Gabriel 那剩下的拿过来 |
[40:38] | – Yes,of course – Thank you | – 那当然 – 谢谢 |
[40:40] | I’ve got me a ride home. | 有人送我回家 |
[41:09] | Gary doesn’t lie novak stopped by. | Gary没撒慌 Novak上门了 |
[41:14] | Apparently,you put the house on the market. | 很明显 你把房子放盘了 |
[41:18] | Well,you have to do that to sell it… | 嗯 要卖房子肯定要这么做… |
[41:21] | apparently. | 显然如此 |
[41:23] | Though,where we’ll go after that,I have no idea, | 尽管我不知道我们将会去哪里 |
[41:26] | since we haven’t been able to find anything we can afford. | 我们还没找到负担得起的房子 |
[41:30] | And,honestly,the idea of strangers walking around my stuff bothers the living daylights out of me. | 但说实话 陌生人在我的房子附近 转悠干扰了我的生活 |
[41:38] | And I thought I said that we would wait | 然后我以为我说的是我们要等等 |
[41:41] | and sell this place after we found something else and were moved out,but… | 等到我们找到合适的房子 搬过去后再卖掉这地方 不过… |
[41:48] | I guess that’s not what I said. | 我猜我不是这么说的 |
[42:15] | I’m sorry we fought. | 很难过我们争吵了 |
[42:20] | I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about the drinking. | 很抱歉没跟你说酗酒的事 |
[42:22] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[42:26] | I’m sorry I said all that about you. | 很抱歉那么跟你说话 |
[42:30] | No.No. | 不 不 |
[42:38] | I’m not always straightforward.You were right about that. | 我也不是经常那么心直口快的 你说的没错 |
[42:43] | And I don’T… | 而我也经常… |
[42:45] | always know the right thing to say,so… | 不知道什么是该说的 所以… |
[42:48] | I say the thing I know the other person wants to hear. | 我说的是别人爱听的 |
[42:56] | It’s an occupational hazard. | 这是职业病 |
[43:02] | And I miss chocolate so much. | 然后我很怀念巧克力 |
[43:09] | I just think I’m going crazy every time I pass a vending machine. | 我每次经过自动售卖机都觉得自己快疯了 |
[43:13] | It’s a physical thing.It’s a very… | 这是生理反应 它是一种绝对… |
[43:20] | very physical reaction I have — | 绝对的生理反应… |
[43:23] | so physical that sometimes… | 有时候非常非常强烈 |
[43:26] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么办 |
[43:30] | It’s possible… | 可能… |
[43:32] | I could help you with that…if you want. | 我能帮上忙…如果你想要的话 |
[43:38] | I don’t know… | 我不知道… |
[43:41] | ’cause I want A… | 因为我想要一个… |
[43:44] | ho ho in the worst way possible. | 可能的话来一个Hoho |
[43:50] | I don’t have a ho ho. | 我可没有Hoho |
[43:53] | But I do happen to have… | 不过我恰好有… |
[44:02] | sugar-free… | 无糖的… |
[44:08] | that’s not sugar-free. | 那可不是无糖的 |
[44:11] | Now you’re lying again. | 你又撒谎了 |