时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:25] | The Closer Season04 Episode03 | 罪案终结 |
[01:34] | Michelle clark — 16 years old. | Michelle Clark 十六岁 |
[01:36] | She didn’t answer when she was called for breakfast this morning, | 今早喊她吃饭时没回应 |
[01:38] | so her father came upstairs to wake her, | 所以她父亲上楼叫她 |
[01:41] | found his daughter hanging from the ceiling, cut her down with scissors. | 发现女儿吊在天花板上 父亲用剪刀隔断绳子把她放下来 |
[01:47] | And the parents heard… | 她父母听见什么没? |
[01:48] | nothing during the night, but their bedroom’s on the other side of the house. | 没听见任何动静 不过他们的卧房 在屋子的另一侧 |
[01:50] | Chief johnson, can I have a word? | Johnson队长 能聊聊么? |
[01:52] | – Uh, I’ll be right there. – Chief? | – 稍等 – 队长 |
[01:53] | Y-yeah. | 是 |
[01:55] | Sanchez and daniels have taken the parents into the kitchen | Sanchez和Daniels将她父母带到了厨房 |
[01:57] | so they don’t have to watch their daughter get hauled out of here on a gurney. | 他们就不必眼见自己的女儿被担架抬走 |
[02:01] | And flynn’s calling michelle’s friends, | Flynn在给Michelle的朋友们打电话 |
[02:03] | just to try and find out if she was as happy as her father described. | 看看Michelle是否如她父亲 所描述的那么幸福 |
[02:08] | Okay. Buzz, memorialize the crime scene. Thank you. | 好 Buzz做现场记录 谢谢 |
[02:16] | I want to thank you for coming down. | 谢谢你能来 |
[02:17] | I, uh, need a fresh pair of eyes on this. | 这案子需要个新人 |
[02:20] | On what, exactly? | 为什么? |
[02:21] | Uh, it’s, uh, it’s sensitive. | 这个 这很敏感 |
[02:24] | Commander, I’m — I’m happy to help. | 队长 我 很乐意帮忙 |
[02:26] | I’m just not sure why you need my division to investigate a suicide. | 我只是不太明白为啥要我们组 来调查一起自杀案 |
[02:30] | Could you come with me a moment, please? | 跟我来 |
[02:40] | Now, uh, your mother is just outside. | 现在 你母亲就在外面 |
[02:44] | She’s welcome to join us any time you like. | 只要你愿意 她随时可以加入我们的谈话 |
[02:47] | Or your father. | 或者你父亲来 |
[02:48] | No. No, please. | 别 别 求你了 |
[02:52] | I don’t want my dad to know anything about this. | 我不希望我的父亲知道这些 |
[02:55] | Okay. It’s okay. We can handle that. | 好的 没问题 |
[03:00] | Now. | 现在 |
[03:02] | I looked over the interview you gave during your medical exam yesterday, | 我看了你昨天的体检时给的访谈 |
[03:06] | and it says your assailant invited you to his home. | 说是袭击者邀请你去他家 |
[03:12] | Is that correct? | 是真的么? |
[03:14] | So, this is someone you knew, someone you considered a friend? | 所以你认识嫌疑人 把他当朋友 |
[03:23] | I liked him. I did. | 我以前喜欢他 的确 |
[03:28] | It says you talked and watched some tv. | 访谈上说你们聊天 还一起看了电视 |
[03:32] | Then what happened? | 然后呢? |
[03:38] | He had these pills, and he wanted me to take one. | 他有些药丸 希望我嗑 |
[03:44] | – Drugs. – What kind? | – 毒品 – 什么品种? |
[03:46] | Ecstasy. | 摇头丸 |
[03:48] | I had never tried it before. | 我以前从未试过 |
[03:50] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[03:53] | I was so scared, but… | 我很怕 但是… |
[03:56] | he said he wanted… to be… | 他说他想成为… |
[04:01] | my boyfriend. He said… | 我男朋友 他说… |
[04:13] | Michelle, is this a person you know from school? | Michelle 这是你学校里认识的朋友么? |
[04:18] | Can you tell me his name? | 能告诉我他的名字么? |
[04:26] | What happened to you is not your fault. | 那些不是你的错 |
[04:29] | I want you to know that. | 我希望你知道 |
[04:32] | Now, I spoke to gail, the nurse who examined you. | 我和Gail 检查你的那个护士 谈过 |
[04:36] | And she said that during your exam, | 她说在检查过程中 有迹象表明 |
[04:38] | it was suggested that somehow your attacker might be related to a law-enforcement officer. | 攻击你的嫌疑人可能和 某个执法机构警官有关系 |
[04:44] | Is that true? | 是真的么? |
[04:48] | Michelle, if there’s a boy out there who would do this terrible thing to you | 如果有人对你做出如此罪恶的事 想躲在谁的保护伞 |
[04:52] | hiding behind a badge, | 还想躲在警徽的保护下 |
[04:56] | I need to stop him. | 我得制止他 |
[04:59] | I’ll tell you — I’ll tell you what. Let’s try this. | 听我说 我们这么办 |
[05:03] | You just say his name one time… | 你只要告诉我名字就行 就一次 |
[05:08] | and I’ll handle the rest. Can you do that? | 其余的我来搞定 行么? |
[05:16] | Darren. Darren yates. | |
[05:23] | “Yates”? | |
[05:25] | Isn’t there someone real high up in the sheriff’s department? | 不是地方警署的高层么 |
[05:28] | Commander mark yates. | Mark Yates队长 |
[05:30] | That’s, uh, that’s darren’s father. | 就是Darren的父亲 |
[05:35] | Uh, buzz, could you leave us alone for a moment, please? | Buzz 能让我们单独待会么? |
[05:38] | – Yes, ma’am. – Thank you. | – 是 – 谢谢 |
[05:41] | And, uh, nothing you heard here leaves this room. | 这些东西要保密 |
[05:44] | – I understand. – Thank you. | – 明白 – 谢谢 |
[05:54] | – I’m gonna ask you a few questions. – Okay. | – 我要问你几个问题 – 好 |
[05:57] | We have rape detectives. | 我们有负责强奸案的警探 |
[05:58] | Why wouldn’t one of them taken michelle’s statement instead of you? | 为什么你来给Michelle录口供 |
[06:02] | Since I heard that the attacker might have something to do with law enforcement, | 自从我听说嫌疑人可能 与执法部门有关后 |
[06:05] | I thought I’d be in a better position to keep the case from being covered up. | 我觉得我有必要来避免 这个案子不了了之 |
[06:09] | So you believed her statement? | 你信她的口供 |
[06:10] | Oh, yes. Yes, I did. | 是的 我信 |
[06:12] | Because it’s been a week since this interview, | 因为访谈至今一周 |
[06:14] | and you haven’t filed any charges against this darren kid. | 你还没有指控Darren任何罪名 |
[06:17] | Well, they took semen samples off of michelle. | 他们从Michelle身上提取了精子样本 |
[06:20] | I had to get something off the boy without his knowing about it, | 而我不得不在那小子不知情的状况下 搞了些他的东西 |
[06:23] | and I was waiting for a dna match. | 我在等待DNA的比对结果 |
[06:25] | Then the boy’s father — he called me yesterday screaming. | 但那小子的父亲 昨天打电话呵斥我 |
[06:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[06:30] | Someone at the lab tipped off yates that | 实验室有人向Yates告密 |
[06:33] | I had made a positive dna match to his boy off michelle’s rape kit. | 说我对他儿子做了DNA比对 结果和Michlle的样本相匹配 |
[06:37] | And if yates could come at me like he did, | 如果Yates可以那样吆喝我 |
[06:39] | that — that might explain what happened to this girl, | 那就可以解释这个女孩的遭遇了 |
[06:43] | which is why I should turn this case over to you, why I sought out your opinion. | 这就是为何我要把这案子移交给你 为何我需要你的意见 |
[06:48] | Okay, you want my opinion? Here it is. | 要我的意见? 好 |
[06:52] | You slow-walked this case in a way you never would have even considered doing | 如果嫌犯不是地方警署队长的亲戚 |
[06:56] | if the suspect hadn’t been a relative of a sheriff’s commander. | 你绝不会这么拖拉地处理这起案子 |
[06:59] | In addition, you left your victim exposed to her attacker, | 另外 你任由受害者 暴露在袭击者的行动范围内 |
[07:02] | who is at school with her on a daily basis, | 他每天都和她共处一校 |
[07:04] | while you busied yourself with the political implications of this investigation. | 而你在忙于这起调查背后的政治纠葛 |
[07:09] | The result is a physically and emotionally traumatized girl who killed herself. | 结果造成了这个身心俱伤的孩子 结束了她自己的生命 |
[07:14] | And speaking frankly, commander, | 队长 恕我直言 |
[07:15] | I just don’t know how or why you think that i could straighten out this mess for you. | 真不明白你凭啥觉得 我就能帮你搞定这堆破事 |
[07:19] | Speaking frankly, chief, you’re the last person on earth I’d ever ask to cover my ass. | 坦白的说 队长 你是为我收拾烂摊子最次人选 |
[07:26] | All right. That’s a good point. | 好 说的好 |
[07:28] | So, what are you asking for? | 那找我干吗? |
[07:31] | Let’s say everything you said about me is true. | 就算你说的皆为事实 |
[07:33] | That doesn’t change what happened to this girl. | 也不能改变那女孩的遭遇 |
[07:37] | And as daniels could explain to you, that even though there were witnesses, | Daniels可以向你解释 即使有证人 |
[07:42] | I no longer have a victim, which means I no longer have a case. | 没有了受害者就不再有案件 |
[07:47] | But I think you might. | 但我想你可以继续查 |
[07:50] | The alarm at michelle’s house wasn’t set last night, | Michelle家的报警器昨天没被开启 |
[07:53] | and it looked to me like there were signs of a struggle. | 我觉得好像有挣扎痕迹 |
[07:55] | And I think if you just go to the morgue and look — | 我相信如果你去停尸房看看 |
[07:57] | – I’ve seen the body. – Well, look again! | – 我见过尸体了 – 那就再看一遍 |
[08:03] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:06] | Please. I, uh… | 求你了 我 |
[08:09] | I know I don’t deserve it, brenda, but I’m asking that you just go and examine the body. | 我知道我不值得你那么做 Brenda 但是 我求你去验一下尸 |
[08:16] | Just — just make sure this isn’t your case. | 只是 只是确认那并非谋杀案 |
[08:29] | Man: I’m telling you, it’s suicide. | 告诉过你们了 是自杀 |
[08:31] | You’re 100% sure? | 百分之百肯定? |
[08:33] | Are you suggesting someone broke into her house, drugged her, and hung her from the ceiling? | 你的意思是有人闯入她家 用药将她放翻 再把她挂到天花板上 |
[08:39] | What happened here? | 这儿怎么了? |
[08:40] | Oh, those marks were several days old. | 这些伤痕有些天了 |
[08:43] | On this wrist, too. | 这个腕子也这样 |
[08:45] | From handcuffs or some such thing. | 手铐或者类似的东西 |
[08:48] | – You know she was raped last week. – Yes. | – 她上周被人强奸了 你知道么 – 是的 |
[08:53] | Looks like she was restrained during the sexual assault. | 看上去在性侵犯期间她被铐住了 |
[08:56] | She tried pretty hard to get free. | 她竭力想挣脱 |
[08:59] | We also have carpet burns on her legs… | 我们还发现她膝盖上的伤痕 |
[09:05] | like she was forced onto her knees, | 看来她被迫跪下 |
[09:08] | and severe tearing of the vaginal wall. | 阴道壁严重撕裂 |
[09:12] | Bruising on the buttocks from a forcefully used flat hand, | 手掌用力抽打造成臀部的淤伤 |
[09:16] | and there was a fissure in her… | 还有骨裂… |
[09:19] | – how much of this do you want to know? – All of it. | – 你想知道多少? – 全部 |
[09:35] | Sorry, pretty terrible, but all done days before she died. | 抱歉 相当的惨 都是在她死前数天留下的 |
[09:43] | I’d appreciate it if, before you make your final determination, | 如果在您做最终判定前 能做个血毒分析 |
[09:46] | that you do a tox screen for me, please. | 我将深表感谢 |
[09:49] | What would I be looking for? | 要找些什么? |
[09:52] | Ambien, barbiturates, valium, tranquilizers. You know what? | 唑吡坦 巴比妥 安定 镇定剂 这样吧 |
[09:56] | Do a complete workup for me, please. | 请做个全套 |
[09:58] | I don’t want to leave anything out. | 我不想漏掉任何疑点 |
[10:07] | Uh, chief, I’m not sure I understand. | 队长 我想我不是很明白 |
[10:10] | Understand what? | 明白什么? |
[10:11] | Cases involving non-stranger rape are incredibly difficult to prove. | 牵涉到非陌生者的强奸案 是最难被证明的 |
[10:15] | Lawyers will say she dated the boy, that the sex was consensual, | 律师会说是她约会那个男孩 在双方意愿下发生性关系 |
[10:19] | and that the boy broke up with her afterwards. | 后来男方闹分手 |
[10:21] | Michelle got mad, tried to get even by accusing him of rape, | Michelle抓狂 试图告他强奸 |
[10:25] | and then, being emotionally unstable, michelle killed herself. | 接着 由于情绪不稳定Michelle自杀 |
[10:30] | I’m sure they will say that, yes. | 我肯定他们会这么说 是的 |
[10:32] | And with the victim dead, it’s gonna be next to impossible to get her statement entered into trial. | 由于受害人身亡 她的证供将难以入案 |
[10:36] | We won’t get a rape conviction out of this ever. | 强奸案定罪基本没门 |
[10:39] | Well, that’s okay, detective, because we’re not investigating her rape. | 你说的对 不过警探 我们不调查强奸案 |
[10:43] | We’re investigating her murder. | 我们查谋杀 |
[10:53] | In what universe does it make sense not to notify me that comammender Yates’ son is being investigated for rape? | 你们怎么决定的 要背着我调查Yate队长的儿子的强奸罪? |
[10:59] | Actually, chief, now it’s murder. | 实际上 局长 是谋杀 |
[11:01] | Well, yeah, I figured that, since you’re here. When was that decision made? | 我知道 因为你在这儿 你们何时做出这判断的? |
[11:04] | A couple hours ago. | 几小时之前 |
[11:06] | I thought it looked like this girl was a suicide. | 我觉得 这女孩貌似是自杀 |
[11:08] | “Looks like.” You weren’t at the crime scene. | “貌似” 你又没有到过案发现场 |
[11:10] | Even the coroner remains undetermined as to cause of death. | 连验尸官都还没认定死因 |
[11:14] | What’s he waiting for? | 他等什么呢? |
[11:14] | Tox results, and, in additionto the physical evidence… | 毒性化验结果 还有实物证据 |
[11:17] | which is slight. | 并没什么说服力的证据 |
[11:19] | The victim didn’t leave a note. | 被害人没有留下遗言 |
[11:20] | Am I supposed to stand aside when the evidence is slight | 证据不够有说服力 我就该置之不理么? |
[11:23] | – just because the suspect is related to — – stop right there. | – 仅是因为嫌疑人牵扯到… – 就此打住 |
[11:26] | I am not advocating that we hide behind the blue line. | 我可不是说我们不能调查警界 |
[11:32] | We’re gonna tell them that all we’re doing is fulfilling our legal obligation, | 我们会说咱们所做的 是尽我们的法律义务 |
[11:34] | and that in view of that, we need this investigation to be beyond reproach. | 基于此 必须保证调查进行的无可挑剔 |
[11:38] | And not a word to the press. Understood? | 什么也别跟媒体讲 明白了么? |
[11:42] | – Absolutely. – Yes, sir. | – 明白了 – 是的 长官 |
[11:46] | If the commander here had picked up the phone, I could have cleared up this whole mess myself. | 要是这位队长接了我的电话 我自己就能说清这堆烂事了 |
[11:49] | But you understand our need to conduct this investigation without the appearance of preferential treatment. | 你也知道 此次调查不能有 特殊待遇 |
[11:54] | I’m happy to confirm that, | 我很乐意确认这一点 |
[11:56] | considering that you risk stigmatizing my son’s entire future on a bogus claim from a girl — | 鉴于你们因为一个女孩伪造的指控 就冒着毁掉我儿子的前途的风险… |
[12:00] | the charge is not bogus. | 这指控不是伪造的 |
[12:04] | Then why didn’t you make an arrest? | 那你们为什么不逮捕他? |
[12:06] | Because that and other investigations are ongoing. | 因为除此之外还有 别的调查正在进行 |
[12:09] | Are you telling me there’s more than one investigation involving my son? | 你是说对我儿子的调查不只一项吗? |
[12:12] | Ask him how many investigations there ought to be, and I’ll see how close we are. | 你自己问他该调查几项 我看看我们还差什么 |
[12:16] | If this is your idea of how fellow professionals are supposed to be treated, I’m a little confused. | 你要是觉得同行之间 应该互相拆台 我就纳闷了 |
[12:21] | Well, let me ask a few questions and clear the air. | 那让我问几个问题 来消除误会吧 |
[12:23] | Darren, can you account for your whereabouts last night? | Darren 你可以说说你昨晚的行踪么? |
[12:25] | – Yeah, I was out with — – do not answer that question. | – 是的 我当时在外边和… – 不要回答 |
[12:28] | You say nothing. Not a word. | 什么也别说 |
[12:32] | My son was with me last night, doing his homework, | 我儿子昨晚和我在一起 在家做作业 |
[12:35] | and he was not involved in — whatever her name was — this girl’s suicide. | 他与那个什么女孩的自杀无关 |
[12:39] | We’re not calling it suicide here, mark. Sorry. | 我们现在不称其为自杀了 Mark 抱歉 |
[12:45] | Y-you have evidence of murder? | 你有谋杀的证据? |
[12:46] | Let me talk to your son. I’ll tell you everything you want to know. | 让我跟你儿子谈谈 我就能把你想知道的都告诉你 |
[12:49] | This is crazy. I didn’t do anything. | 胡扯 我什么都没做 |
[12:51] | What did I say? | 我说什么了? |
[12:53] | You sit here and shut up! | 你给我把嘴闭上! |
[12:58] | Now, you listen to me, honey. | 宝贝 你给我听着 |
[12:59] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[13:01] | That girl was upset and vindictive. | 那个女孩伤心了 想报复 |
[13:03] | And she told a bunch of lies about darren because he broke up with her. | 因为我儿子甩了她 她就造了很多谣言 |
[13:06] | He broke up pretty hard, sir. | 他可是甩得够狠的 长官 |
[13:09] | I bring you these photographs of michelle clark, | 我托强暴检查的护士帮忙 |
[13:11] | courtesy of the nurse who performed the rape exam. | 给你带来一些Michelle Clark的照片 |
[13:14] | Look at them closely, sir, because they do not look bogus to me. | 睁大眼睛看看 长官 就我看来 这些可不像是伪造的 |
[13:23] | You have anything to say about this, commander yates? | 对此你还有什么要说的么? Yates队长 |
[13:29] | Yeah. We’re through here. | 没什么好说的 |
[13:33] | If you were going to make an arrest, you would have done it already. | 你们要是能逮捕的话 早就那么做了 |
[13:35] | And to think I came down here today expecting an apology. | 我还以为今天过来是接受道歉的 |
[13:39] | Well, I am sorry for you, sir. | 是的 我的确为你感到抱歉 长官 |
[13:41] | And that’s a fact. | 真的 |
[13:46] | You’re every bit the bitch I heard you were. | 你跟传闻中一样贱 |
[13:52] | Move it. | 走吧 |
[13:59] | Michelle clark — high-school junior. | Michelle Clark 高三 |
[14:01] | Got straight a-pluses in tough courses, too. | 连很难的课程也都是A加的成绩 |
[14:03] | Mom’s a stay-at-home, and dad’s an airline pilot. | 妈妈是家庭主妇 爸爸是飞行员 |
[14:07] | Lieutenant tao, did you find anything resembling a suicide note on her computer? | 陶副队长 在她电脑上 找到遗言之类的东西了吗? |
[14:10] | Uh, no, but I did find a partial footprint on her windowsill — | 没有 不过我在她的窗台上 发现了部分脚印 |
[14:15] | top half of a man’s sneaker. | 男式球鞋的前半部分 |
[14:17] | – Prove it was put there last night. – Exactly. | – 是昨晚留下的 – 没错 |
[14:19] | And S.I.D.Came back about the broken mirror and bookshelves in michelle’s bedroom. | 刑侦科认为 关于Michelle卧室里 坏了的镜子和书架 |
[14:22] | Their best guess is that when she stepped off the chair, she panicked, kicked it all down. | 最大的可能是 她踢倒了椅子之后 惊慌中把这些都踢坏了 |
[14:27] | Last-minute change of heart. | 最后一刻 改变了主意 |
[14:29] | That’s one explanation, lieutenant. | 这只是其中一种解释 副队长 |
[14:30] | The other is that she was fighting off an attacker. | 还有可能是她与凶手发生冲突 |
[14:35] | Uh, chief, I think what the lieutenant is saying is that | 队长 我觉得副队长的意思是… |
[14:39] | we’re not clear michelle’s death was a homicide. | 我们不能确定Michelle的死是凶杀 |
[14:41] | Thank you for the translation, sergeant, but I see the murder just fine. | 但我觉得谋杀也说得过去 |
[14:49] | Detective sanchez. | Sanchez警探 |
[14:51] | We found seven calls made to michelle’s cell from darren since the rape — | 查到Darren在强奸发生后 7次打电话给Michelle |
[14:55] | all yesterday afternoon. | 都是在昨天下午 |
[14:57] | Found out about the dna match, wanted to keep her quiet. | 他发现DNA配对结果 想要让她闭嘴吧 |
[15:00] | Which brings us to darren yates– senior class secretary, | Darren Yates 高四 班长 |
[15:03] | b-plus student, well-rounded, well-liked, regular prince of a fellow. | 成绩B加 全面发展 好人缘 模范典型 |
[15:07] | There’s no record of any bad behavior whatsoever. | 没有任何不良行为的记录 |
[15:10] | No record maybe, but we do have a recording. | 也许没有记录 但是有录音 |
[15:14] | A friend in the sheriff’s department just slid me this. May I? | 一个在那警长他们局的朋友 刚给了我这个 可以么? |
[15:18] | Yes. | 好的 |
[15:19] | On march 18th of this year, | 今年3月18号 |
[15:21] | a deputy responded to a sexual-assault call | 一个副警长调查一起性侵犯报告 |
[15:24] | involving a teenage girl in a car very near darren’s school. | 一个女孩在一辆 距离Darren学校很近的车里 |
[15:31] | Yeah, the suspect in question — | 是的 那个嫌疑人 |
[15:33] | he’s a pretty big fish, so I’m not sure how to handle the situation. | 很有来头 我不知道怎么处理 |
[15:36] | Does the girl want to press charges? | 那个女孩想要告他么? |
[15:38] | No, sir, that’s a negative. | 没有 长官 |
[15:39] | All right, then, I won’t send anybody else out there. | 好的 那 我就不派人过去了 |
[15:42] | Just release the kid with a warning, and don’t write anything up. | 警告一下那小子 就放他走 别做任何记录 |
[15:45] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[15:46] | Um, if we go to the sheriff’s department and ask about this recording… | 要是我们到他们局问起这录音 |
[15:51] | they’ll deny it’s theirs. | 他们肯定会否认这是他们的 |
[15:52] | And without being able to identify the voices, it’s just two people talking on a radio. | 如果不能认定出是谁的声音 这仅仅是两个用无线电通话的人 |
[15:56] | It is not evidence. | 这不能算是证据 |
[15:56] | No, it’s evidence, sergeant. It’s just not admissible in court. | 不 这是证据 警佐 只是不能作为呈堂证供而已 |
[15:59] | A sheriff’s commander would know that. | 一个位居地方警长的人 肯定知道这一点 |
[16:04] | But I bet his son wouldn’T. | 但我打赌他儿子可不知道 |
[16:09] | Listen, I’m trying to put this case together in such a way | 听着 我打算这样办这个案子 |
[16:12] | that it ends with a confession, not a trial. | 要以认罪结束 而不是审判 |
[16:15] | And I see the obstacles as clearly as y’all. | 和你们一样 我也能看到这些困难 |
[16:17] | But I would appreciate it if the detectives in my own division would offer me | 但我希望 我队里的人 |
[16:21] | at least the same support I’m getting from commander taylor. | 至少要像Taylor队长一样支持我 |
[16:25] | Thank you. Now, that footprint on the windowsill — | 谢谢 现在 那个窗台上的脚印… |
[16:30] | I think that, along with the dna match from the rape kit — | 还有强奸案的DNA配对 |
[16:33] | that almost buys me a search warrant of the yates house. | 足以让我拿到一张 对Yates家的搜查令了 |
[16:36] | So, let’s find one more thing to convince the judge. Thank you. | 所以 让我们再找一个 能说服法官的物证 谢谢 |
[16:44] | He hit me like i was a horse. | 他像打一匹马一样打我 |
[16:50] | And his friends — they were in the next room. | 还有 他的朋友们 就在隔壁房间里 |
[16:55] | Tony, danny, and tim. | Tony Danny 还有Tim |
[16:59] | And maybe even kevin. | 可能还有Kevin |
[17:03] | I could hear them laughing… | 我能听见他们的笑声 |
[17:06] | when he… finished. | 当他… 完事之后 |
[17:10] | And now, when they look at me at school, they pretend to… | 现在 他们在学校看见我时 他们就假装… |
[17:16] | paw at the ground. | 趴在地上 |
[17:20] | And they make these noises. | 还怪叫着 |
[17:35] | Well, that’s pretty rough stuff. | 诶 好惨啊 |
[17:38] | Raping her with his friends in the next room, and no one stopped him? | 强暴那女孩时 他的朋友就在隔壁 却没有一个人来阻止他 |
[17:43] | You’d think I’d be used to this kind of thing by now. | 还认为我已经对这种案子麻木了呢 |
[17:49] | – Did you look at my notes? – Yeah, I did. | – 看了我的记录了吗? – 看了 |
[17:52] | Well, but… doesn’t that shoeprint say anything to you? | 对那个鞋印 你怎么看? |
[17:56] | Well… | 呃… |
[17:58] | it says at some point in time, someone stood on her windowsill — not that they went inside. | 只表明某时刻有人站在窗台上 并不证明进去过 |
[18:03] | There’s no way to say when it was left there. I mean, it’s not proof. | 而且还不能确定具体时间 不能成为证据 |
[18:08] | And the father gives him an alibi. | 并且他父亲还帮他提供不在场证明 |
[18:09] | Boy, would I like to take that alibi and pound him over the head with it. | 我真想拿那不在场证明抽他的脸 |
[18:13] | I don’t believe it for a second. | 我才不信他说的呢 |
[18:14] | Well, homicide’s not my specialty. | 凶杀案不是我的特长 |
[18:16] | Maybe that’s why I’m not seeing it. | 也许正是因此 我才看不出这是凶杀 |
[18:19] | To me, it’s obvious. | 对我来说是很明显的 |
[18:23] | But then I saw the body. | 而后我看到了尸体 |
[18:27] | Yeah, the rape seems solid. | 强奸是肯定的了 |
[18:31] | Oh, imagine those other boys just sitting in that next room maybe having a beer | 想像一下 那些小子在隔壁 没准还喝着啤酒 |
[18:36] | while a girl is assaulted like that. | 与此同时 一个女孩却在遭受蹂躏 |
[18:41] | Oh, it makes you want to go out and arrest every last one of them, doesn’t it? | 简直让人想把他们都抓起来 |
[18:55] | You know darren’s father is pretty high up in the sheriff’s department? | 你知道Darren的父亲 位居地方警署高层么? |
[19:00] | Yes, ma’am, we are fully aware of that fact. Believe me. | 是的 女士 我们太了解这一点了 |
[19:05] | – So, darren’s friends… – I’m sorry. | – 那么 Darren的朋友们… – 抱歉 |
[19:07] | I don’t want to turn you away, but parents send their children to our academy to protect them. | 不是我想拒绝你们 但是家长将学生 送到我们学校 是为了保护他们 |
[19:12] | I assure you the conduct of our young people is well above high-school norm. | 可以向你们保证 我校学生的行为 要优于一般高中生 |
[19:17] | And with michelle’s suicide — well, the students have been through so much already. | Michelle又自杀了 这些学生们已经承受了很大的压力了 |
[19:21] | Would it be easier for them if I told them that michelle was raped and murdered instead? | 那我要是告诉他们 Michelle 曾遭强暴并死于谋杀 是不是好一点? |
[19:27] | Look, ms. Patterson, you have two choices– you either cooperate with me, | Patterson夫人 你有两种选择 要么与我们合作 |
[19:30] | or I lock down this school and go room to room questioning each individual student | 要么我封锁整个学校 挨个审讯每一个学生 |
[19:34] | about their whereabouts on the night of michelle’s murder. | 询问在Michelle遇害当晚 他们的行踪 |
[19:39] | You want to know his — his best friends — the ones he tends to hang out with? | 你想了解他的… 他的好朋友 经常与他在一起玩的人? |
[19:43] | Starting with the first names– tony, danny, tim, and kevin. | 先调查这几个叫做 Tony Danny Tim Kevin的 |
[19:47] | – Let me try lookit. – I’m sorry? | – 让我上Lookit查查 – 什么? |
[19:50] | Lookit. Net — it’s a social-network site we set up for the school. | Lookit网 我们学校的社交网站 |
[19:56] | This is… darren’s page. | 这是 Darren的页面 |
[20:00] | If I click on “best buds,” let’s see. | 点”最好的哥们” |
[20:04] | Tony — there’s anthony lambert. | Tony 是Anthony Lambert |
[20:08] | What can you tell me about him? | 告诉我他的基本情况 |
[20:10] | He’s 17, a senior here. | 17岁 高四学生 |
[20:12] | Anthony lambert? You’re under arrest. | Anthony Lambert吧? 你被捕了 |
[20:14] | Average student, some disciplinary issues. | 普通学生 违反过几次校规 |
[20:17] | – Beat it. – Meaning? | – 走开 – 具体说 |
[20:18] | The coach kicked him off the tennis team last season for fighting. | 因为斗殴 上学期被网球队开除了 |
[20:22] | – Um, tim swick — also a senior. – Hands behind your head. | – Tim Swick 也是高四的 – 双手放到脑后 |
[20:27] | Not the most driven, academically. | 学习上不怎么努力 |
[20:29] | He was suspended in april for smoking marijuana on school grounds. | 四月份时曾因为在校吸大麻而被停学 |
[20:34] | Um, daniel dobrowski — a junior. | Daniel Dobrowski 高三 |
[20:39] | He’s on the basketball team with darren. | 他和Darren都在篮球队 |
[20:40] | Just had him in detention for poor attendance. | 刚因为出勤率低而留级 |
[20:44] | Congratulations on the “above-average” behavior of your students. | 您的学生还真是优于一般高中生啊 |
[20:50] | And kevin ward — a junior, next-door neighbor to darren. | 还有Kevin Ward 高三 Darren的邻居 |
[20:53] | A’s and b’s mostly. He’s actually a pretty good kid. | 成绩优异 是个很不错的孩子 |
[20:56] | Kevin ward, you’re under arrest for aiding and abetting a felony. | 你因参与协助一桩刑事重案被捕 |
[21:01] | What? | 什么? |
[21:07] | Darren, my man. | Darren 小伙子 |
[21:10] | You have a nice day, you hear? | 今天好好玩啊 |
[21:16] | Anthony lambert,tim swick,danny dobrowski — | Tim Swick 和Danny Dobrowski |
[21:18] | all insist that on the night of the rape they were at the movies. | 都坚持强奸案发当晚 他们在电影院 |
[21:21] | On the night of the murder,they were driving around hollywood. | 谋杀案发当晚 开车在好莱坞兜风 |
[21:24] | And they say darren was with them on both occasions. | 他们还说这两次案发 Darren都跟他们在一起 |
[21:27] | That’s funny. | 这还真巧 |
[21:27] | Mark yates told me that on the night michelle died,darren was with him. | Mark Yates跟我说Michelle死的那晚 Darren跟他在一起 |
[21:32] | I worry when a suspect has extra alibis. | 嫌疑人有不止一个不在场证据的时候 我会替他们担心 |
[21:37] | Um,what about kevin here? | 嗯 Kevin这边什么情况? |
[21:40] | Kevin works part-time at a printshop after school. | Kevin放学后在一个印刷厂做兼职 |
[21:42] | Boss clears him of both incidents,but… | 老板排除了他在这两个案子的嫌疑 但是… |
[21:45] | he won’t talk without a lawyer. | 在他的律师到来之前他将保持缄默 |
[21:46] | He’s a witness,not a suspect. | 他是个证人 又不是犯罪嫌疑人 |
[21:47] | He has no right to an attorney. | 他无权请律师 |
[21:49] | I explained that to him,chief. | 我跟他说过了 局长 |
[21:51] | She did — over and over. | 她是说了 好多遍呢 |
[21:53] | I think kevin is afraid because we told him we’d put him in a jail cell for the afternoon. | 我想Kevin是害怕了 因为我们跟他说今天下午把他送进监狱 |
[21:57] | That was the point,commander. | 目的在此 队长 |
[21:58] | I wanted him to be afraid. | 我就是想让他害怕 |
[22:00] | How much longer can we hold him before calling his parents? | 在他联系他父母前我们还能留他多久? |
[22:02] | Maybe an hour. | 也许一个小时 |
[22:03] | Three if you let me accidentally send him to harper division first. | 三个小时 要是我不小心把他转到Harper局 |
[22:07] | No. | 不用 |
[22:08] | He asked for a lawyer… | 他不是想请律师吗… |
[22:11] | we’ll give him one. | 那我们就给他弄一个 |
[22:16] | Kevin? | |
[22:17] | Kevin ward? | |
[22:18] | Yeah? | 是啊 |
[22:19] | I’m brenda leigh johnson from the public defender’s office. | 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson 公共辩护律师办公室的 |
[22:23] | The police told me that you were smart enough to ask for an attorney. | 警察跟我说 你很聪明 要请律师 |
[22:26] | Oh,my god. | 噢 天那 |
[22:28] | They kept telling me that I didn’t have the right to a lawyer. | 他们不断告诉我 我没权利请律师 |
[22:31] | You cannot trust the police. | 你可别相信那些警察 |
[22:32] | They lie about everything. | 他们撒谎是家常便饭 |
[22:35] | Listen,don’t you worry your little head one more moment about these cops. | 听着 从这一刻起 不用再担心那些警察了 |
[22:37] | ‘Cause once I walk out of here,they are all gonna answer to me. | 因为一旦我走出这里 我会让他们吃不了兜着走 |
[22:41] | All right. | 好的 |
[22:43] | Uh,wait a minute,though. | 嗯 先等等 |
[22:45] | How — how much do you cost? | 我得付多少钱给你? |
[22:47] | Oh,that’s darling. | 噢 看这小伙子 |
[22:49] | Aren’t you sweet? | 还真老实 |
[22:50] | Can she do this? | 这样合法吗? |
[22:53] | As long as he doesn’t say anything they need to prosecute him for. | 只要他说的话 不会让他们起诉他就行 |
[22:56] | Don’t you worry about the money. | 钱的问题就别担心了 |
[22:58] | The state pays my tab. | 州政府给我发薪 |
[23:00] | Besides,I think they’re after another boy. | 此外 我想他们想抓的是另一个男孩 |
[23:02] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:03] | Darren yates. | |
[23:04] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[23:06] | Did they tell you why? | 他们跟你说了原因吗? |
[23:10] | well,I don’t — I don’t want to get anyone in trouble. | 嗯 我可不想让别人陷入麻烦 |
[23:12] | Oh,bless your heart. | 噢 多善良的孩子 |
[23:14] | Most folks can’t wait to point the finger at someone else. | 大部分人巴不得说别人坏话呢 |
[23:18] | Listen. Let me explain how this works. | 听着 让我跟你说怎么办吧 |
[23:20] | Everything you say to your lawyer is completely confidential, | 你对你的律师所说的一切 是绝对保密的 |
[23:24] | which means that I have to keep it a secret. | 也就是说 我会对你说的一切保密 |
[23:27] | But in order to help you,I need you to tell me everything. | 我帮助你的前提是 把一切都告诉我 |
[23:32] | So,what have the police been talking to you about? | 那么警察都跟你说了什么了? |
[23:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:37] | Um,well,there’s this girl — michelle clark. | 嗯 有一个叫Michelle Clark的女孩 |
[23:42] | I guess she hung herself. | 我猜她是吊上自杀的 |
[23:44] | “Hanged” herself? | “上吊”自杀吧? |
[23:45] | Hanged — hanged herself. | 上吊 上吊自杀 |
[23:47] | No,no. Uh,the clark girl. | 不对 不对 Clark小姐 |
[23:49] | She was murdered. | 是被谋杀的 |
[23:51] | “Murdered”? | 谋杀? |
[23:52] | The police didn’t tell you that? | 警察没跟你说吗? |
[23:55] | Unbelievable. | 不敢相信 |
[23:56] | I hate it when they manipulate children like this, | 我真反感他们这样利用一个孩子 |
[23:59] | and with your entire future hanging by a thread. | 尤其是你的前途岌岌可危的时候 |
[24:02] | Unbelievable. | 真是的 |
[24:03] | Listen,kevin,I want you to brace yourself, | 听着 Kevin 希望你要撑住 |
[24:07] | ’cause the police consider you a suspect in both the rape and murder of michelle clark. | 因为警方认为你是 强奸并谋杀Michelle Clark的嫌疑人 |
[24:14] | No! What? | 不! 什么? |
[24:15] | No! What? | 不! 什么? |
[24:16] | No! No. | 不! 不是 |
[24:17] | I-I never even spoke to michelle,okay? | 我连句话都没跟Michelle说过 |
[24:20] | Darren’s the one that had sex with her,not me. | Darren才是那个跟她发生关系的人 不是我 |
[24:23] | He told you that? | 他跟你说的? |
[24:24] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[24:25] | Well,he sort of told everybody when he put michelle’s picture up on his lookit page. | 把Michelle的照片贴到Lookit网页上 就等于公之于众了 |
[24:29] | Why would he post her picture? | 他贴她的照片干嘛? |
[24:33] | kevin… | |
[24:34] | I can’t defend you unless I know everything. | 你不跟我坦白的话 我怎么为你辩护 |
[24:40] | It’s this game. | 那是个游戏 |
[24:42] | Okay. | 说下去 |
[24:46] | We called it “cherry picking.” | 我们称为”采花” |
[24:47] | Never heard of it. | 没听说过 |
[24:49] | That’s ’cause we made it up. | 因为这个是我们发明的 |
[24:52] | See,we — | 你看 我们 |
[24:54] | we each put in 50 bucks to see who could,you know,s-sleep with the most virgins this year. | 我们每个人凑50块钱 看看谁能 今年谁能上最多的处女 |
[25:04] | And,uh… | 还有 嗯… |
[25:05] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[25:06] | The… | 那个… |
[25:07] | and whoever picks the most cherries… | 谁采的处女最多… |
[25:09] | wins the pot. | 谁就赢了钱 |
[25:10] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:12] | Well,boys will be boys. | 哎 男生就是男生啊 |
[25:16] | And,uh,michelle was one of darren’s cherries? | 那么 Michelle是Darren的一支花了? |
[25:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[25:20] | But darren had to work it — | 但是Darren还得做做戏 |
[25:22] | you know,pretend he was all in love with her, took her on a few dates — | 就是先假装爱上了她 在带她约几次会 |
[25:26] | and he could push it a little bit harder than the rest of us. | 有时候比我们还过分 |
[25:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[25:30] | Because his dad’s this big deal in the sheriff’s department. | 因为他的爸爸是地方警署要员 |
[25:33] | You know,that’s how darren gets away with all of this stuff, | 所以Darren犯了案也没事 |
[25:36] | like the time that he got caught with “x” when he was speeding. | 比如那次那嗑了摇头丸还超速被抓 |
[25:40] | They just let him go. | 他们就这么放过他了 |
[25:41] | And with these girls,like michelle,he just,you know,took a few shortcuts. | 那些女孩 像Michelle那样的 他就抄了近路 |
[25:49] | He said he got a couple of girls that way. | 他说很多女孩就是这么上的 |
[25:53] | They’re still posted on his webpage. | 她们的照片仍然贴在他的网页上 |
[25:58] | Darren’s lookit page. | Darren的Lookit网页 |
[26:00] | Scrolling down. | 往下拖 |
[26:02] | And… | 然后… |
[26:04] | here’s a bunch of pictures of girls. | 这里有一大堆女孩的照片 |
[26:12] | Four rows of three. | 第四排三个 |
[26:14] | Dated — tagged with little cherry icons. | 按时间排序 打上了小花的标签 |
[26:18] | That one — ally. | 这个人 Ally |
[26:20] | March 18th. | 3月18日 |
[26:22] | On the recording that we got from the sheriff’s department, | 我们从地方警署拿到的录音 |
[26:24] | what night did the deputy report finding a “big fish” involved in a sexual assault? | 副警长报告发现 “有来头”的人牵扯进性侵犯是哪天晚上? |
[26:29] | March 18th. | 3月18日 |
[26:31] | Lieutenant tao,would you print out this picture for me,please? | 陶副队长 劳烦帮我打印一下这张照片? |
[26:33] | Sure. | 好的 |
[26:33] | Detective sanchez,sergeant gabriel,let’s find out who’s telling the truth here. | Sanchez警探 Gabriel警士 让我们看看谁说实话 |
[26:37] | If darren was driving around hollywood with his friends last night,I’d like to know about it. | 我倒要查清楚 昨晚Darren是否跟他的朋友在好莱坞兜风 |
[26:41] | And,lieutenant flynn,I believe that we have earned a search warrant for the yates house. | 还有 Flynn副队长 我相信我们可以申请到Yates家的搜查令 |
[26:46] | Find me a shoe that matches the tread on the windowsill. | 给我找到和窗台鞋印匹配的鞋子 |
[26:49] | Thank you. | 有劳了 |
[26:49] | Look,I hate to be a spoilsport here, | 听着 我不想打击你的积极性 |
[26:51] | but you asked kevin not one question about murder and, | 可你并没问Kevin关于谋杀的问题 |
[26:54] | as regard to the rape,everything he said is hearsay. | 至于强奸 他所说的都是传闻证据 |
[26:57] | He observed nothing. | 他什么都没看到 |
[26:58] | So you can’t charge darren with either crime. | 不能指控Darren犯有任何罪名 |
[27:01] | Where does that statement lead us? | 这份口供有什么用? |
[27:04] | To another victim. | 一个新受害者 |
[27:12] | Ally. | |
[27:13] | Ally mitchell? | 你是Ally Mitchell吗? |
[27:15] | Hi,ally. | 嗨 Ally |
[27:16] | I’m deputy chief brenda leigh johnson of the L.A.P.D. | 我是洛杉矶警署队长 |
[27:19] | Miss johnson would like to ask you a few questions about michelle clark. | Johnson小姐想问你几个 关于Michelle Clark的问题 |
[27:24] | I didn’t really know her very well,and,um,I’m losing my ride home. | 我跟她不熟 哦 我要误了回家的车了 |
[27:28] | I could give you a lift. | 我可以拉你一段 |
[27:29] | It won’t take long,and I could really use your help. | 不会花费你太多时间的 我真的很需要你的帮助 |
[27:38] | I knew her mostly from choir our first year,but them michelle went hard-core academics. | 我只是在一年级的唱诗班中认识他的 但后来Michelle去了重点班 |
[27:43] | I’m more of a painter. | 我更喜欢画画 |
[27:45] | So,she was murdered? | 听说她被谋杀了? |
[27:48] | But first she was raped…badly. | 她先被人强奸了… 很惨的那种 |
[27:50] | Did you ever see michelle with a boy named darren yates? | 你有没有见过Michelle跟一个 叫Darren Yates的男孩子在一起过? |
[27:56] | I don’t remember,really. | 记不太清了 |
[27:58] | You need to take a right at the next stop sign. | 你应该在下个停车标志那里向右转 |
[28:00] | But you know who darren is,right? | 你认识Darren 对吗? |
[28:02] | I thought you wanted to ask me about michelle. | 我以为你就问我关于Michelle的事 |
[28:03] | About what you and michelle had in common. | 你跟Michelle的共同之处 我也可以问啊 |
[28:06] | For example,she had her picture up on darren’s lookit page,too, | 例如他也把她的照片 贴在Darren的Lookpi网页上 |
[28:10] | right next to yours,which went up some time after march 18th. | 正好跟你的照片挨着 3月18号之后几天的事 那天晚上你给地方警署打电话 |
[28:16] | I didn’t call anyone. | – 报案说有性侵犯 – 我没给任何人打过电话 |
[28:18] | You don’t understand! | 你不明白! |
[28:19] | And you missed my turn! | 而且你该在上个路口转的! |
[28:21] | My house is totally back that way! | 我家在那边呢! |
[28:23] | hey, Where are you going? | 嘿 你这是要去哪? |
[28:25] | Nowhere fast unless you help me. | 什么地方也不去 除非你肯帮助我 |
[28:27] | Listen,ally,michelle thought darren was her new boyfriend. | Ally听着 Michelle认为Darren是她的新男友 |
[28:30] | They went out on a couple of dates,he gained her trust, | 他们一起约会过好几次 他获得了她的信任 |
[28:33] | and then he handcuffed her and raped her on the floor of his house. | 然后把她铐起来 在他家的地板上前强奸了她 |
[28:36] | Does any of that sound familiar? | 听起来是不是有点熟? |
[28:38] | It should,because something like that happened to you… | 那就对了 因为那样的事情也在你身上发生过 |
[28:48] | right here. | 就在这里 |
[28:49] | This is where a sheriff’s deputy picked you up on the night of march 18th and drove you home, | 一位警官在3月18号夜里 在这里发现了你并把你送回了家 |
[28:53] | while sending darren off with a slap on the wrist. | 把Darren说了一顿就放了 |
[28:58] | Now I can’t talk to michelle anymore,so I need you to help me, | 我现在不能再跟Michelle谈了 所以我需要你的帮助 |
[29:02] | or else darren’s gonna sexually assault another young girl. | 要不然他还会对其他女孩进行性侵犯的 |
[29:05] | Is that what you want? | 难道你想那样吗? |
[29:07] | No. | 不 |
[29:09] | I just want to forget it ever happened. | 我只是想忘记这件事 |
[29:14] | So did michelle. | Michelle也是啊 |
[29:16] | Look what happened to her. | 看看她最后怎么了 |
[29:27] | Ally. | |
[29:28] | Ally? | |
[29:40] | Ally. | |
[29:51] | Darren’s only the second boy who ever asked me out. | Darren只是第2个约我出去的男生 |
[29:55] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:57] | Hard to believe,huh? | 很难相信吧? |
[30:01] | How’d you end up here? | 你们怎么到这的? |
[30:09] | He… | 他… |
[30:11] | he took me to the movies first. | 他先带我去看电影 |
[30:14] | We hadn’t been there very long when he just… | 到那不久 他就… |
[30:18] | reached over and grabbed my hand. | 握住了我的手 |
[30:22] | My heart was beating so fast,I thought he would hear it, | 我的心跳的很快 我估计他都能听见 |
[30:25] | or maybe it would just jump out of my chest. | 我的心都快跳出来了 |
[30:32] | Afterwards,we went driving for a while,talking. | 后来我们就去兜风 聊天 |
[30:37] | Then he parked here. | 然后他就停这了 |
[30:39] | “Just for a minute,” he said. | “就停一下” 他说 |
[30:42] | And we kissed. | 然后我们就接吻了 |
[30:46] | And while I was thinking,”wow,this is what it’s like to fall in love,” | 当时我在想”天啊 这就是恋爱的感觉” |
[30:53] | he pushed my seat back all the way and rolled over on top of me. | 然后他就把我的座椅往后推 骑到了我的身上 |
[30:59] | By the time I tried to shove him off,he… | 我想把他推开的时候 他… |
[31:04] | h-he already handcuffed my hands behind my back and pulled my jeans down. | 他已经将我的手铐在了背后 还把我的牛仔裤拽了下来 |
[31:10] | So I screamed. | 我就尖叫 |
[31:13] | But he put his hand over my mouth and said that if I’d just shut up,I’d enjoy it. | 但他捂住我的嘴 说如果我能闭嘴 就会很享受 |
[31:21] | When it was over and I told him I was calling the police, | 完事后我说要报警 |
[31:25] | he grabbed my phone and started dialing the sheriff’s office himself. | 他就抢过手机 自己给警察打了电话 |
[31:30] | And when he hung up,he said — | 他挂了电话后… |
[31:34] | he told me to take a good look in the mirror. | 他让我自己好好照照镜子 |
[31:39] | “They’re never gonna believe that I had to rape someone who looks like you.” | “警察肯定不会相信 你这样的货色还得强奸” |
[31:45] | And… | 然后… |
[31:47] | he was right. | 他说得对 |
[31:48] | I mean,I’m not a supermodel. | 我的确没有模特那样的身材 |
[31:52] | So I should be,like,grateful,right? | 所以 我就该 心存感激 是吗? |
[31:54] | Ally,you’re very,very pretty. | Ally 你很漂亮 |
[31:56] | Oh,yeah,thanks. I know. | 哦 谢谢 我知道 |
[32:01] | Look. | 看 |
[32:04] | I know you’ve been through so much already,and it’s hard to consider, | 我知道你经历了太多太多 很难想象 |
[32:08] | but if you could press charges against darren — | 但如果你能够起诉Darren |
[32:10] | oh,no way! Forget it! Take me home! | 不可能! 不会的! 带我回家! |
[32:30] | I’m not saying it would be easy. | 我知道这不容易 |
[32:33] | It wouldn’T. | 的确会很不容易 |
[32:35] | It would be very,very tough. | 这会很难很难 |
[32:38] | But I would be with you every step of the way. | 但我会陪你一起走每一步的 |
[32:41] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[32:43] | You could help me stop him. | 你可以帮助我制止他 |
[32:45] | I tried stopping him once. | 我试过一次 |
[32:50] | I can’t do it again. I can’T. | 我不能再做一次 不能 |
[32:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:53] | Here. | 抱歉 |
[32:54] | No,no,no. | 不 不 |
[32:55] | No,don’t be sorry. | 不要道歉 |
[32:59] | You’ve already done enough things you didn’t want to do. | 你已经做了很多你本不愿做的事了 |
[33:05] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[33:06] | What? | 什么? |
[33:09] | This uny sweatshirt hanging from the ceiling… | 这个挂着的UNY(纽约大学)衬衫… |
[33:12] | what about it? | 怎么了? |
[33:13] | Darren got a scholarship to uny. | Darren拿到了UNY的奖学金 |
[33:17] | It’s where he’s going to college. | 他要上纽大 |
[33:24] | Do you really think you’re gonna get a confession from this kid in front of his father? | 你真认为这孩子 会在自己父亲面前认罪? |
[33:28] | Commander yates knows as much about murder investigations as anyone in this building. | Yates队长和我们大家一样了解犯罪调查 |
[33:31] | I counted on that,will. | 我指望这点呢 will |
[33:32] | That’s why he’s here without an attorney. | 这就是他为什么不请律师的原因 |
[33:34] | He knows that unless I arrest his son,they can leave whenever they want, | 他知道除非我们逮捕他的儿子 否则他们想什么时候走就什么时候走 |
[33:37] | which is why I’m trying to find out if we were able to break darren’s alibi. | 所以我才想知道 能不能证明Darren的不在场证据不成立 |
[33:41] | – So,may I? – Yeah. | – 可以了吗? – 嗯 |
[33:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:50] | So,the story the kid– | 那么孩子们的说法… |
[33:52] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:53] | The story the kids we arrested told us checks out on both sides. | 我们逮捕的孩子们的说法 两方面都证实了 |
[33:56] | At the time michelle died,darren and his best buds were in the hollywood highland area. | Michelle死的时候 Darren和他的朋友们在好莱坞高地那块 |
[34:01] | We have them on time-coded film at about three different places. | 在三个不同的地方的 时间码相机拍到他们 |
[34:05] | The alibi is solid. | 不在场证据很充分 |
[34:06] | That is exactly what I wanted to hear. | 这正是我想听的 |
[34:08] | Now,if y’all wouldn’t mind waiting here for a minute. | 你们不介意在这里等一下吧 |
[34:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:13] | So sorry to keep y’all waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等 |
[34:15] | Let us acknowledge,just for the sake of the records, | 咱先说明了 |
[34:17] | that your rights have been read to both of you | 你们的权利已经宣读过了 |
[34:19] | and that you have waived those rights and are cooperating with us | 但你们放弃了请律师的权力并配合我们 |
[34:22] | in the investigation of the rape and murder of michelle clark. | 调查Michelle clark的强奸和谋杀案 |
[34:26] | What,does she think I’m an idiot? | 她以为我是白痴吗? |
[34:29] | Yes,I was read my rights,as was my son. | 对 我和我儿子的权利都宣读过了 |
[34:31] | Which I would have found to be the most insulting moment of my career | 这是我人生中最让人难堪的一刻 |
[34:35] | had it not been for the L.A.P.D.Executing a search warrant at my home earlier today… | 如果不是今天早些时候 警察当着我所有邻居的面… |
[34:39] | in front of all my neighbors! | 搜查我的房子! |
[34:42] | No one regrets the necessity of that search more than I,sir. | 先生 这次搜查 我最觉得不必要了 |
[34:47] | A-and had you shown the customary cooperation one would expect from a fellow law-enforcement officer — | 如果您当初能表现出 执法部门同僚应该提供的合作… |
[34:53] | you are going to tell me about the respect due fellow officers? | 你想跟我谈尊敬同僚警官? |
[35:00] | Really? | 是这样吗? |
[35:00] | Calm down,commander. | 冷静点 队长 |
[35:05] | Okay,let’s forget about respect,duty,and honor here | 好的 咱们先不管什么体谅 职责 荣誉 |
[35:10] | because you have all proven that they are bullshit to you. | 因为你们已经证明跟你相比 那些全是垃圾 |
[35:13] | Now,what I want to know,lady,is whether an arrest is going to be made here today or not. | 这位女士 我现在想知道的是 你们今天是否会逮捕他 |
[35:19] | That all depends on — on where your son,darren, | 那都取决于你儿子Darren |
[35:22] | was the night before last during the time of the murder and on our ability to confirm that alibi. | 案发当晚所在 还有我们能否证实他的不在场证据 |
[35:29] | And as I’ve already told you,night before last,my son was with me at home. | 告诉过你了 前天晚上我儿子跟我在家 |
[35:39] | All right,then. | 好吧 |
[35:40] | Um,commander yates,given that, | Yates队长 如果是这样 |
[35:42] | if you wouldn’t mind stepping outside for a quick conference with commander taylor and me, | 你能否出来跟Taylor队长和我谈一下 |
[35:46] | I would be able to pass on a little information of a personal nature. | 以便传达一些事关你个人的信息 |
[35:52] | And then I should be able to wrap up this investigation in a matter of minutes. | 然后我就能马上结案了 |
[36:04] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[36:08] | After you,sir. | 您先请 先生 |
[36:08] | Oh,no,please. | 不 您请 |
[36:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:15] | Does anybody know what’s going on here at all? | 有人知道这是怎么回事吗? |
[36:28] | ***Had a lot of time in the sheriff’s department,commander, | 队长 我知道你干这行很久了 |
[36:30] | so I’m sure you’ll understand what I’m about to do. | 你肯定会明白我想法的 |
[36:33] | Because the alibi that you provided for your son is contradicted by physical evidence. | 你为你儿子提供的不在场证明 与事实矛盾 |
[36:37] | What are you about to do? | 你打算怎么着? |
[36:38] | Mark yates,you’re under arrest for aiding and abetting a felony after the fact. | 我们以唆使和协助犯罪逮捕你 |
[36:42] | Whoa,you can’t arrest me! | 你们不能逮捕我 |
[36:44] | Hey,easy! | 放开我 |
[36:45] | Let me go! | 放开 |
[36:45] | Easy! | 别动我 |
[36:46] | Now,unless you immediately back off,sir, | 给我老实点 |
[36:48] | I will happily add resisting arrest to this charge –happily! | 不然再给你加条拒捕的罪名 |
[36:51] | Do you understand me,sir? | 还不给我老实点 |
[36:53] | All right. | 好了 |
[36:54] | All right! | 很好 |
[36:55] | Now you got a lawsuit. | 我要告你 |
[36:56] | Have we? | 是吗? |
[36:57] | No. | 没事的 |
[36:58] | If you’ll excuse me,I need to finish up with darren. | 抱歉 我要继续跟Darren谈谈 |
[37:00] | Whoa,whoa,whoa,whoa,wait a minute. | 等会儿 |
[37:02] | I want an attorney for my son. | 我要给我儿子请个律师 |
[37:03] | Your son is 18,sir,and legally recognized as an adult. | 队长 你儿子18岁了 法律上已经是成人了 |
[37:07] | He has been read his rights and waived his right to an attorney. | 他已经被告知了自己的权利 并且自动放弃了律师辩护 |
[37:09] | I demand an attorney for my son,or that I’m allowed back in there before any further questioning. | 我要求为我儿子请个律师 或者我在场的情况下审问 |
[37:16] | You may not be aware of this,but the constitution gives you the right to an attorney,not a father. | 我想你还不明白 宪法给你请律师的权利 而不是请父亲 |
[37:23] | A lawyer was offered and declined. | 我们有提供律师协助 是他自己放弃的 |
[37:25] | Book him,please! Thank you. | 把他收押 谢谢 |
[37:26] | Let’s go. Let’s go,commander! | 走 离开这里 |
[37:28] | Darren,don’t say anything! | Darren 什么都别说 |
[37:29] | I’m gonna get you for this,I swear! | 我会救你出去的 我发誓 |
[37:31] | Darren! | |
[37:32] | Get him outta here! | 把他带走 |
[37:34] | Do you have enough evidence to make an arrest for murder? | 你有足够证据以谋杀逮捕他吗? |
[37:37] | No. | 没有 |
[37:39] | But I’m gonna try and get a confession all the same. | 不过我会努力让他认罪的 |
[37:47] | Where’s my father? | 我爸呢 |
[37:49] | Sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[37:50] | I had to arrest your dad. | 我逮捕了他 |
[37:52] | He lied about your alibi. | 他为你做的不在场证明是假的 |
[37:55] | You were out with your best buds the night before last — | 你前晚是跟自己的一帮朋友在一起 |
[37:57] | your fellow cherry-picking friends,weren’t you? | 你们一起采花是吧 |
[38:00] | You were caught on film a few times when your dad said that you were at the house doing homework. | 有几次你爸爸都说你在家做作业 但是却在外面摄像机被抓到了 |
[38:04] | “Caught on film”? What? | 被抓到 什么意思? |
[38:05] | Guess your father didn’t think that your “friends” alibi would hold up. | 我想你爸爸不知道 你朋友的不在场证明会被证实 |
[38:10] | Look familiar? | 眼熟吗? |
[38:13] | They’re from your closet. | 从你衣柜里找出来的 |
[38:14] | So what? | 那又如何? |
[38:15] | So,the tread matches this print that you left on michelle’s windowsill | 鞋底跟Michelle窗棂上的鞋印吻合 |
[38:19] | when you climbed into her room on the night that you killed her. | 就是你爬进去杀了她那晚留下的 |
[38:22] | W-what? | 什么? |
[38:22] | – The nightyou strangled her strung her up to make it look like a suicide! – I climbed up there one time and she made me leave! | – 掐死再把她吊起来 造成自杀的假象 – 我爬过一次 她逼我走! |
[38:26] | I never did anything like that! | 我从来没做过那种事 |
[38:28] | Never! Never! | 没有 |
[38:31] | You got a scholarship to college next year. | 你拿到了大学奖学金 |
[38:33] | – Where is it? – Why? | – 哪所大学? – 为什么? |
[38:35] | What school? | 哪所大学? |
[38:37] | Uny — the university of new york. | UNY 纽约大学 |
[38:41] | You recognize this? | 认得这个吧 |
[38:43] | That’s the sweatshirt you used to hang michelle from the beam in her room. | 就是你用来把Michelle吊在房梁上那件 |
[38:46] | That’s not mine! | 那不是我的衣服 |
[38:48] | It’s the same sweatshirt that you’re wearing in this picture I took from your lookit page, | 这是我从你的相册里找到的 跟这件一模一样 |
[38:51] | right down to the tear in the left-hand pocket. | 左边的这个口袋破了 |
[38:53] | And if I find your dna on this,darren, | 如果我在衣服上找到你的DNA Darren |
[38:55] | you’re looking at murder in the first degree with special circumstances, | 你面临的就是一级谋杀指控 |
[38:58] | which carries with it the death penalty! | 面临死刑判罚 |
[39:00] | Wait. Okay. | 好吧 我… |
[39:00] | I gave her that sweatshirt one night when w-we were — | 那件衣服是我给她的 我们… |
[39:04] | after you ripped her clothes off,so she’d have something to cover herself up in | 因为你强奸了她 扒光了她的衣服 |
[39:07] | when she went home after you raped her! | 她得找件衣服遮上才能回家 |
[39:09] | We had sex. | 我们上床了 |
[39:10] | She was high. | 她嗑药了 |
[39:11] | She tore her clothes when she was taking them off,but she wanted it,okay? | 她自己脱的时候把衣服撕烂了 不过那都是她自己愿意的 |
[39:14] | She wanted it! | 她心甘情愿的 |
[39:16] | Is that what she wanted? | 这也是她心甘情愿的? |
[39:17] | Is that what your best buds,who’ve been in lockup all day, | 我关了你那群哥们一天了 |
[39:20] | will say michelle wanted,when I charge them with conspiracy to commit murder? | 要是我指控他们协助谋杀罪 他们也会说 她是心甘情愿的吗? |
[39:24] | Do you think — are you really dumb enough to believe, | 你以为… 你真的笨到会相信 |
[39:28] | that your cherry-picking friends are going to trial to cover for you? | 你那些采花大盗伙伴 会在法庭上包庇你? |
[39:31] | Okay,look. | 听着 |
[39:32] | I was the first person in our entire school who even asked michelle out. | 我是全校唯一一个 约Michelle出去的人 |
[39:36] | Now,I’m sorry about what happened to her. | 我对她的遭遇很遗憾 |
[39:38] | Maybe I got carried away. | 也许我是有点不太理智 |
[39:39] | You call murdergetting carried away? | 你管谋杀叫做不太理智? |
[39:40] | I didn’t murder her. | 我没有谋杀她 |
[39:41] | Look at these marks! Look at ’em! | 看看这些伤痕! 你看看! |
[39:43] | That happened over a week before she killed herself! | 这是她自杀前一周就有的! |
[39:45] | How do you know how and when she got these marks? | 你怎么知道她什么时候 怎么有了这些伤痕的? |
[39:47] | Because I put them there… | 因为是我造成的… |
[39:48] | while we were having sex! | 是我们做爱时弄上的! |
[39:51] | But she wanted it. | 但是她自愿的! |
[39:52] | She wanted it. She loved me. | 她想要的 她是爱我的 |
[39:54] | That’s what she told me. | 是她这么告诉我的 |
[39:55] | She loved me. | 她爱我 |
[39:56] | I have girls throwing themselves at me all the time, | 随时随地都有女孩对我投怀送抱 |
[39:59] | and if she would’ve just relaxed,if she would’ve just gone along with it,it would’ve been fine. | 要是她能放松点 顺从一些 这本是件很美好的事 |
[40:03] | So if you want to call that rape,okay,maybe she looked at it that way, | 如果你非要称其为强奸也罢 也许她也是这么认为的 |
[40:06] | but I didn’t kill her! | 但我没有谋杀她! |
[40:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:12] | “I know”? | “我知道”? |
[40:13] | Did she just say,”I know”? | 她刚才说”我知道”? |
[40:14] | I guess without a victim to press charges, | 我想 没有被害人提出指控 |
[40:16] | chief johnson must’ve seen the only way to make a sexual assault stick was if darren confessed to it. | Johnson队长肯定知道 证明性侵犯案 唯一的方法是让Darren自己认罪 |
[40:24] | You’re telling me this whole murder investigation | 你是说 这些谋杀调查全都是 |
[40:25] | was some kind of strategy to get the kid to confess to the rape? | 让这小子承认强奸的策略? |
[40:29] | Oh,I wouldn’t know,sir. | 那我可不知道 长官 |
[40:31] | Chief johnson doesn’t confide in me. | Johnson队长可没跟我说过 |
[40:35] | You know that I didn’T…kill michelle? | 你知道我没有… 杀Michelle? |
[40:38] | Is that what you’re saying? | 你是这个意思? |
[40:40] | As hard as it is for me to accept, | 我也不愿意接受这一点 |
[40:43] | you are not liable for her death. | 她的死你没有责任 |
[40:45] | The justice system will just have to be satisfied with the rape charge. | 司法系统只能接受强奸的指控了 |
[40:49] | Hold on here. Wait a minute. Does this mean that I — | 等一下 你是说我… |
[40:51] | you’re under arrest for the sexual assault of michelle clark. | 你因为性侵犯Michelle Clark被捕了 |
[40:55] | And if you think that being the son of a sheriff’s commander made you popular at school, | 要是你觉得警长儿子的身份 可以使你在学校里大受欢迎的话 |
[41:00] | just wait until you get to prison. | 等你进了监狱再瞧瞧吧 |
[41:03] | Convicts even play some of the same games as you and your best buds. | 囚犯们和你那些哥们一样 也爱玩那种游戏 |
[41:07] | I imagine you’ll end up in their cherry-picking club in no time at all. | 我猜你很快就会 成为他们要采的花 |
[41:18] | Goodbye,darren. | 再见 Darren |
[41:20] | My father is never gonna let this happen. | 我父亲绝不会让这发生的 |
[41:22] | Never! | 绝不会! |
[41:23] | Do you hear me? | 你听到没有? |
[41:24] | Never! | 绝不会! |
[41:33] | Commander. | 队长 |
[41:36] | I wanted to say “thank you.” | 我想向你致谢 |
[41:38] | I just wish I could hold him accountable for her death. | 我真想让他为她的死负责 |
[41:41] | ‘Cause even if michelle tied that knot around her own neck,he killed her just the same. | 即便是Michelle自己悬梁的 其实也是他一手造成的 |
[41:46] | And one count of rape won’t put him away for life. | 一项强奸指控不会判终身监禁 |
[41:49] | But establishing a pattern of behavior could. | 但若能证明这是他的行为模式 就可以了 |
[41:59] | Good night,chief. | 晚安 队长 |
[42:00] | Good night,commander. | 晚安 |
[42:25] | The Closer Season 04 Episode 03 | 罪案终结 |