时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | 6a-47. We are code 6at the prowler complaint. | 6A-47 我们下车处理盗窃投诉 |
[00:25] | Get inside. | 进去了 |
[00:50] | Merch, around back! He’s running! | Merch 后面来 他跑了! |
[00:55] | 47 requesting assistance. We are in foot pursuit. | 47号请求支援 我们正在跑着追赶 |
[00:58] | Subject is white, male,wearing dark clothing. | 目标是白人男子 穿深色衣服 |
[01:01] | I need a perimeter set up, and be advisedwe have not cleared the house. | 需要进行隔离 注意房子内还未清查 |
[01:44] | 6a-32requesting paramedics. We’ve got a woman downin the house. | 6A-32 请求医护人员 一女子受伤 |
[01:47] | ******* | 天哪 |
[02:15] | Evening, gentlemen. | 晚上好 各位 |
[02:17] | Have we beenin the house yet? | 还没进去吗? |
[02:18] | Uh, no, the, uh,dog handlers don’t want to contaminatethe crime scene | 没进去 K-9警犬彻查完毕之前 |
[02:21] | before the k-9 searchis complete. | 警犬员不想犯罪现场被污染 |
[02:22] | So in the meantime, we got taoand sanchez knocking on doors. | 同时 Tao和Sanchez在采访邻居 |
[02:26] | Flynn wrote upa search warrant. | Flynn在申请搜查令 |
[02:27] | We found a judge a few blocksaway that will sign it. | 离这几个街区外的一个法官愿签署 |
[02:29] | Well, that’s lucky. What happened? | 很幸运 出什么事了? |
[02:32] | The, uh, neighbor over therecalled in a prowler around 10:30 this evening. | 那边的邻居在 晚10:30左右报警说有小偷 |
[02:36] | Responding officersknock one time, see the suspect runfrom the back of the house. | 出警的人敲了下门 看到嫌犯从屋后逃跑 |
[02:41] | They, uh, call it in,set up a perimeter. | 他们请求支援 进行了隔离 |
[02:43] | Additional unit arrives, entersthrough the back of the house to search | 支援达到 从屋后进入搜查 |
[02:45] | and clear it,finds the body inside. | 清查后 发现里面的尸体 |
[02:47] | Paramedics pronounced her dead10 minutes ago. | 医护人员10分钟前宣布她死亡 |
[02:50] | Who is she? | 她是谁? |
[02:53] | Jessica –jessica something. | Jessica 不知道姓 |
[02:54] | She only moved ina couple of months ago. | 她几个月前才搬来的 |
[02:57] | She seemed likea real nice young woman. | 她看起来是个很好的年轻女孩 |
[02:59] | We kept meaningto ask her over for dinner. | 我们一直想邀请她过来吃晚餐 |
[03:07] | All units, stand by. We have an alertat the back of 632 devon. | 所有单位 请注意 德文路632号后院有情况 |
[03:14] | Hands! Show me your hands! | 举起手! 举起你的手来! |
[03:19] | Get downon the ground now! | 下来趴到地上! |
[03:45] | S.I.D.’S got a 15-minute E.T.A. | 刑侦科估计15分钟到达 |
[03:47] | Watch out for the popcorn there, chief. | 小心这的爆米花 头 |
[03:51] | So, it looks like she was on her laptop, probably heard a sound, | 看起来她正在用电脑 可能听到有响动 |
[03:55] | put the tv on pause to listen. | 暂停下电视 仔细听 |
[03:58] | Then she saw her intruder and bolted from the couch. | 然后看到闯入者 急忙逃离沙发 |
[04:01] | He grabs her here. | 他在这抓住她 |
[04:02] | Now, she’s in pretty good shape, so she puts up some kind of a struggle and then tries to escape. | 她身形矫健 做了些挣扎 想逃走 |
[04:07] | So he grabs her hair at the back of her head — | 他从后面抓住她头发 |
[04:10] | so she was running away. | 她正要逃跑 |
[04:12] | Right, and then flung her around onto the coffee table, giving her that gash on her head. | 对 她被摔到咖啡桌上 头上撞了个大口子 |
[04:18] | Then…pins her down and, uh — | 之后…压倒她… |
[04:21] | tore off her underwear. Yes, I see. | 扯掉她的内裤 我看到了 |
[04:26] | The, uh, officers who found her said that they found that pillow there on her face, | 发现她的警察说 发现那边的枕头盖在她脸上 |
[04:30] | like she had been smothered. | 似乎她被窒息过 |
[04:33] | Probably used it to keep her quiet when they knocked on the door. | 可能是他们敲门时用来让她别喊的 |
[04:38] | Then why did he run? | 他为什么跑了? |
[05:12] | She was updating her web page, chief. Check it out. It’s the last thing she wrote. | 她正在更新她的网页 头 看看 这是她最后写的东西 |
[05:19] | “Missed home today, but I’m better now. | “今天很想家 但现在好多了” |
[05:21] | “Unpacked some pictures, put them out. | “拿出照片 摆起来” |
[05:23] | Feels good. | “感觉不错” |
[05:25] | “Gonna be strange celebrating “without mom’s strawberry cake tomorrow, | “明天没有妈妈的草莓蛋糕来庆祝 感觉有点怪” |
[05:28] | “but I like it here, and only two more weeks until –“ | “但我喜欢这儿 还有两星期就…” |
[05:33] | two more weeks until what? | 还有两星期什么? |
[05:35] | Two weeks till her fianc? joins her. It’s in her birthday card. | 还有两星期她未婚夫就来了 在她生日卡里写着 |
[05:40] | “Jess, started packing my things. | “Jess 开始收拾东西了” |
[05:43] | “Can’t wait for the move. “Miss you. | “等不及要搬家了 想你” |
[05:46] | So proud. “Happy birthday. Love, pete. | “为你骄傲 生日快乐 爱你 Pete” |
[05:51] | P.S.Sally wants her tummy scratched.” | “还有 Sally想你挠她肚子” |
[05:56] | Sally must be their dog. | Sally一定是他们的狗 |
[06:00] | Her name’s jessica goodall. | 她叫Jessica Goodall |
[06:02] | She’s from joplin, missouri. | 她来自密苏里州的乔普林 |
[06:04] | And tomorrow she was going to turn 30. | 明天她就30岁了 |
[06:14] | Did someone open this door? It’s unlocked. | 有人开过这个门吗? 没锁着 |
[06:17] | Well, we all came in the back. | 我们都从后面进来的 |
[06:19] | Maybe jessica forgot to lock it. | 也许Jessica忘了锁了 |
[06:21] | A woman who just moved here from missouri does not forget to lock her door at night. | 刚从密苏里州搬来的女人 不会忘记在晚上锁门的 |
[06:25] | Maybe she opened it for her attacker. | 也许她给闯入者开的门 |
[06:27] | Chief, I found the point of entry! | 头 发现个入口 |
[06:29] | Or not. You know what? I’m tired of these slip-ups. | 或许不许 知道吗? 我受够这些失误了 |
[06:31] | Whether it’s the coroner, the paramedics, or one of our officers — | 不管是法医 还是医护人员 或是警察… |
[06:34] | open a door before we’ve had a chance to document the scene, and you’ve let in the defense. | 在我们记录犯罪现场前打开的门 这就是辩护理由 |
[06:38] | Sergeant gabriel, please find out who came through here, and quickly. Thank you. | Gabriel警官 请查下谁从这儿进来的 尽快 谢谢 |
[06:45] | You see this? | 看到这个吗? |
[06:46] | He cut the screen around the edge from right to left, | 他把窗框从右到左切开 |
[06:50] | nice and square, and he climbed in over that counter. | 整齐方形的口 他爬进去站在那台上 |
[06:54] | She must have left it unlocked. | 她一定没上锁 |
[06:56] | I find that hard to swallow. | 我觉得不大可能 |
[06:58] | But even if she hadn’t locked the window, how would our intruder know that? | 但即使她没锁上窗 闯入者怎么知道的? |
[07:01] | You can’t see the lock from outside. | 从外面看不出来的 |
[07:04] | Chief, they’re bringing the suspect out front for the field showup. | 头 他们带嫌犯到前头以做指认 |
[07:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:11] | “This person is in temporary custody “as a possible suspect only. | “这人只是做为嫌疑犯被暂时关押” |
[07:15] | “And the fact that he is in custody does not indicate guilt,” | “他被关押并不代表他就是有罪的” |
[07:19] | even though he looks like hell from hiding in a tree. | 尽管他躲在树上很像有罪 |
[07:26] | “The purpose of the confrontation “is either to eliminate or identify him as the perpetrator.” | “会面的目的就在于确认其是否有罪” |
[07:31] | – Chief. – Lieutenant. | – 头 – 副队 |
[07:34] | Let’s go. Come on. | 走吧 来 |
[07:39] | Mr. Evans… | Evans先生… |
[07:43] | is this the man you saw approaching your neighbor’s house? | 这人是走近你邻居房子的人吗? |
[07:46] | Well… yeah. | 恩…是的 |
[07:51] | Yeah, I guess. | 是的 我想 |
[07:53] | He seemed a little, um –a little taller. | 他看起来更…更高点 |
[07:57] | I wasn’t wearingmy glasses. | 我没戴眼镜 |
[07:59] | My wife was there,and she saw him. | 我妻子在那 她看见他了 |
[08:01] | Maybe we should betalking to your wife, then. | 也许该找你妻子来 |
[08:03] | Well, she’s gone to workalready. | 她已经去上班了 |
[08:05] | She’s a nurseon the night shift. | 她是护士 上夜班了 |
[08:07] | All right. Thank you. Lieutenant. | 好的 谢谢 副队 |
[08:09] | Thank you, sir. Right this way. | 谢谢 先生 这边走 |
[08:11] | Lieutenant provenza,please arrange to have a lineup with mrs. Evansas soon as possible. | Provenza副队 请尽快安排 Evans夫人做人群辨认 |
[08:20] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[08:27] | His nameis chris dunlap. | 他叫Chris Dunlap |
[08:31] | He’s 27.He lives in burbank — | 27岁 住在伯班克… |
[08:34] | at least accordingto his driver’s license. | 至少他驾照上是这么写的 |
[08:36] | That’s all we have to go on,’cause he hasn’t said a word. | 这是所有我们知道的 因为他啥也不说 |
[08:38] | Well, I just readthe little cretin his rights. | 我刚宣读了他的权力 |
[08:41] | I, uh, ran his name. | 我查了他的名字 |
[08:42] | Dunlap was arrested two yearsago for exposing himself to an 8-year-old girlin a public restroom | Dunlap两年前因在公共卫生间 向个8岁女孩露阴被捕 |
[08:48] | and then arrested againnine months ago for molesting his cousin’s13-year-old daughter | 9月前 因在他堂兄的13岁女儿洗澡时骚扰她 |
[08:52] | while she took a shower. | 而再次被捕 |
[08:54] | Wasn’t convictedon either charge. | 两次都没定罪 |
[08:55] | Yeah, well,then, he must be innocent. | 这么说 他一定是无辜的 |
[08:58] | Sorry, chief. This tooka little longer than I thought, | 抱歉 头 花的时间比我想象得要长 |
[09:00] | but I went aheadand enlarged a map of the 3-square-mile areaaround the victim. | 但我放大了幅死者方圆5公里的地图 |
[09:05] | In the last six months,there’s been seven other rapes. | 在最近6个月内 还有7起强奸案 |
[09:08] | 2 occurredin the last 20 days. | 其中两起发生在前20天内 |
[09:10] | Of those seven,six match your point of entry through an unlockedbathroom window. | 这7起案中 6起均和这从未上锁的 浴室窗户进入吻合 |
[09:14] | Screen’s cut right to left,just like this one. | 窗框从右向左切开 和这起相同 |
[09:17] | All the vics blond,in their 20s, and living alone. | 所有的受害者均是金发 20多岁 独自生活 |
[09:21] | All right,commander taylor, would you pleasepull those files | Taylor队长 你能查下这些档案 |
[09:23] | and see what physical evidencewas collected? | 看看有没有什么有联系的物证? |
[09:25] | Lieutenant tao, let’s runa credit report on mr. Dunlap. | Tao副队 查下Dunlap先生的信用记录 |
[09:28] | Let’s see if we canwrap this up tonight. Thank you. | 看看今晚能否破案 谢谢 |
[09:37] | Hi, chris. I’m deputy chiefbrenda leigh johnson. | Chris 我是副警长 |
[09:42] | It looks likeyou got pretty scratched up climbing that tree. | 看起来你爬树划伤不清 |
[09:46] | I’d like to have somebody come take a look at you, but firstwe need to talk. | 我愿意找人来帮你看下 但首先你得先说说 |
[09:54] | Chris, something really terriblehappened tonight. | Chris 今晚发生了很可怕的事 |
[09:57] | And I want you to know that idon’t think it was intentional. | 我想让你知道我认为那不是有意的 |
[10:00] | In fact,I’m certain what happened to that poor young womanwas an accident. | 事实上 我确定那可怜女人的事是意外 |
[10:08] | Her name was jessica. | 她叫Jessica |
[10:12] | She just moved herefrom missouri. | 她刚从密苏里州搬来 |
[10:14] | She was looking forwardto her fianc? joining her in a few weekswith their dog. | 她正等着她未婚夫 几周后带着他们的狗来 |
[10:20] | Today was her birthday. She was gonna be 30 years old. | 今天是她的生日 她要30岁了 |
[10:23] | And now she’s not. | 但现在她不可能了 |
[10:27] | I need to knowhow you met her. | 我想知道你如何认识她的 |
[10:31] | Chris, listen to me. | Chris 听我说 |
[10:32] | I have a witnesswho will identify you as the person she sawin jessica’s house. | 我有个目击证人 说你进入了Jessica的房子 |
[10:37] | Minutes later,you were seen running from that houseby a police officer. | 几分钟后 你被警察看到 从房子里跑出来 |
[10:40] | Put that togetherwith our dogs — who are never wrong — | 还有我们的警犬 从不出错的警犬 |
[10:43] | finding you in a treethree blocks away, | 在3街区外的树上发现你 |
[10:45] | and peopleare gonna start jumping to all sortsof conclusions. | 人们会得出各种各样的结论的 |
[10:49] | Now, if you havean explanation for what happened tonight,I need you to tell me. | 如你想解释今晚发生的事 现在告诉我 |
[10:52] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 很抱歉 |
[10:54] | Okay, what? What? About what, chris? What are you sorry about? | 好的 什么? 关于什么 Chris 你为什么感到抱歉? |
[11:02] | Detective,why are you interrupting me? | 警探 你为何打断我? |
[11:04] | His lawyer’s here. | 他的律师来了 |
[11:09] | You alreadycalled your lawyer? | 你已经打电话给你律师了? |
[11:21] | You must bechief johnson. Phillip stroh. Pleasure to meet you. | 你一定是Johnson警长 我叫Phillip Stroh 很高兴认识你 |
[11:26] | Your client has your numberon his speed dial, mr. Stroh? | 你的号码在你的当事人的快速拨号上 Stroh先生? |
[11:30] | I’ve represented chrisbefore. | 我以前代理过Chris |
[11:32] | – Just this way? – Yes. | – 这么走? – 对 |
[11:38] | Last number dialed –11:47 P.M. | 最后一个打出电话 晚11:47 |
[11:41] | Son of a bitchcalled his attorney when the dogs had himup in the tree. | 狗把这杂种逼上树的时候 他给律师打了电话 |
[11:47] | What is the worldcoming to? | 这世界是怎么了? |
[12:02] | Chief. | 头 |
[12:03] | I just spoke to the nurse. She’s on her way infor the lineup. | 我刚和护士谈过 她正赶来做人群辨认 |
[12:07] | Scrambled egg whitesand turkey bacon. | 火鸡培根炒蛋清 |
[12:08] | thank you, buzz. | 谢谢 Buzz |
[12:10] | I went overchris’ financials. | 我查了Chris的经济状况 |
[12:11] | He’s gotno current credit cards, no loans, no leases,no bank accounts, no job. | 无现用信用卡 无贷款 无租约 无银行帐户 无工作 |
[12:16] | Other than his cellphone,he’s practically off the grid. | 除了他的手机 他几乎是隐形的 |
[12:20] | Yeah? Thanks, buzz. Well, speaking of his cellphone,I dumped it. | 是吗? 谢了 Buzz 说到他的手机 我查了下记录 |
[12:25] | The little creephardly uses the thing. | 这怪物几乎不怎么用 |
[12:27] | I mean, other than the callthat he made to his attorney last nightfrom up in the tree, | 除了昨晚他在树上打给律师 |
[12:31] | there’s a few callsto a delivery company, a few moreto a temp agency, | 还有些打给快递公司 临时中介 |
[12:35] | and then there’s a whole bunchto an address in burbank, | 剩下就是一堆打到伯班克的一个地址 |
[12:38] | which happens to behis mother’s house. | — 他母亲的家 |
[12:39] | Well, if he didn’t have a joband he didn’t have any money, what was he havingdelivered? | 如果他没工作又没钱 送给他的是什么? |
[12:43] | I’ll find out. | 我会查清楚 |
[12:45] | Prelim from the autopsy confirmsthat jessica goodall was notsexually assaulted. | 验尺报告证实Jessica Goodall 没被性侵犯过 |
[12:49] | Well, that’s because the copsknocked on the door. | 因为警察在敲门 |
[12:51] | The bastarddidn’t have the time. | 这混蛋没时间做 |
[12:53] | Also, uh, dr. Morales –he cut her nails, put them under the scope, | 还有莫拉莱斯博士 剪下她的指甲 放在显微镜下 |
[12:56] | didn’t find any skin fragments, so she didn’t scratchthe guy. | 没发现任何皮肤组织 所以她没有抓那人 |
[12:59] | What about prints? | 那指纹呢? |
[13:00] | Uh, they lifted 37from inside the location. | 他们在屋内找到37组 |
[13:03] | They’re trying to excludejessica’s now. | 正在排除Jessica的 |
[13:04] | We should know moreby the end of the day. | 今晚会有更多消息 |
[13:05] | Also, I spoke tothe coroner’s assistant. | 还有 我和法医的助手谈过了 |
[13:08] | Swears he never usedthe front door, that he came around backlike everyone else. | 他发誓从未碰过前门 他和大家一样从后门进来 |
[13:12] | I’m still tracking downthe paramedics. | 还在查医护人员 |
[13:13] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[13:16] | Mr. Stroh,what are you doing in here? | Stroh先生 你在这干什么? |
[13:17] | Sorry. Looking forthe vending machines. | 抱歉 我在找自动售货机 |
[13:19] | If you’re hungry, sir, you can take the elevatorto the first floor. | 如你饿了 先生 坐电梯到一层 |
[13:21] | Public vending machines are thesame place they’ve always been. | 自动售货机从来没挪过地方 |
[13:24] | Yeah, and you can’t just gowandering around these halls. | 你不能在这楼里随便溜达 |
[13:27] | My mistake. | 我的错 |
[13:29] | You know,that’s the same lawyer that got chris’other charges dropped. | 就是这律师让Chris的其他起诉撤销的 |
[13:34] | Morning, chief. | 早上好 头 |
[13:36] | I’ve been combingthrough the files of the six previous rapes,like you asked. | 像你所要求的那样 把以前6起强奸案的档案整理出来 |
[13:40] | Um, they’re getting more violentand more frequent. | 变得越来越暴力 越来越频繁了 |
[13:44] | The girlhe raped before this, he tied to a bedpost,then he knocked her around. | 之前他强奸的女孩都被他绑在床柱上 他可以为所欲为 |
[13:48] | What aboutphysical evidence? | 有什么物证吗? |
[13:49] | No prints,no dna anywhere. | 到处都没有指纹 DNA |
[13:52] | – How did he manage that,I wonder? – H-he must have worna raincoat. | – 奇怪他怎么做到的? – 他一定穿了雨衣 |
[13:58] | Hey, chief, get this. You know the companythat chris was calling? | 头 听这个 知道Chris打电话的公司吗? |
[14:01] | He wasn’t expectingany deliveries. He works there. He’s a deliveryman. | 并不是有东西要寄给他 他就在那当公司快递员 |
[14:06] | Excuse me, chief. Uh, mr. And mrs. Evansare here. | 队长 Evansare夫妇到了 |
[14:08] | I set them upin the electronics room. | 我让他们到监控室了 |
[14:10] | Thank you, buzz. We’ll be right there. | 谢谢 Buzz 我们这就过去 |
[14:12] | Lieutenant,would you please get the delivery logsfor these companies? | 副队长 你能去拿一下 这些公司的送货记录么? |
[14:14] | If chris dunlapwas anywhere in the vicinity of any of these women,I want to know about it. | 我要知道Chris Dunlap 是否接近过这几名被害人 |
[14:18] | Sergeant. | 警佐 |
[14:25] | Chris,ready for the lineup? | Chris 准备好做疑犯辨认了么? |
[14:34] | Just step down the hall. Thanks. | 那边 谢谢 |
[14:37] | Mr. Stroh, I’m sure you knowhow these things go. | Stroh先生 你应该很熟悉流程 |
[14:41] | I’m gonna introduce youto the witness, but you’re not to ask herany questions. Is that clear? | 我会带你见目击者 你不能询问任何问题 明白吗? |
[14:44] | I know the process,chief. | 我懂规矩 队长 |
[14:46] | Hey, mr. Stroh –phil — I’m just curious. | – Stroh先生 Phil 我很好奇 |
[14:49] | You defended chris for molestinga 13-year-old family member, | Chris猥亵13岁的亲属 你给他辩护 |
[14:53] | and you gotthe charges dismissed. | 使得指控被撤销 |
[14:54] | And now looks like the same guyhas murdered someone. | 现如今他又杀了人 |
[14:58] | How do you feelabout that? | 你作何感想? |
[15:00] | Well, first of all,it doesn’t look like chris murderedthis young lady to me. | 首先 据我看来 Chris并没有谋杀那个姑娘 |
[15:04] | And if you’re askingabout his previous case, obviously, | 要是你问起从前的案子 很显然 |
[15:07] | the state couldn’tprove their allegations. | 检方无法证明他们的指控 |
[15:09] | So if you have a problemwith the legal system — | 所以 要是你对司法体系有意见… |
[15:11] | no, I-I don’t think the sergeantwas talking about specifics, just abouthow you as A… | 不 警佐并不单指那案子 只是想问问你 |
[15:16] | human being justifydefending child molesters. | 作为一个有血有肉的人 怎么能为亵童犯辩护 |
[15:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:22] | Most criminals –they do their time, and whenthey get out of prison, | 大多数罪犯 服刑期满释放后 |
[15:24] | they go on about their livesanonymously. | 他们都能过上普通人的生活 |
[15:27] | Sex offenders are registereduntil the day they die. | 而性犯罪者却永世不得翻身 |
[15:31] | They’re branded… like animals. | 像被打上了烙印的牲口 |
[15:35] | Now, if the stateis going to punish them more harshlythan other criminals, | 如果政府想要对他们 施以更严厉的制裁 |
[15:39] | it also assumesa special burden to prove their continuing threatto society. | 就必须证明他们仍危害社会 |
[15:43] | It’s my job to make sure the state demonstratesthat threat. | 我的职责就是 监督政府 证明确有威胁 |
[15:47] | So, sergeant… | 所以 警佐… |
[15:50] | if your charmingly phrasedaccusation really does havesomething to do with | 您若要一本正经地问我 |
[15:54] | how defendingsuspected sex offenders makes me feel,the answer is… | 为性犯罪嫌疑人辩护有何感受 答案很简单 |
[16:00] | it gives purposeto my life. | 这是我人生的意义 |
[16:04] | Now, I’d like to hearwhat your eyewitness has to say. Wouldn’t you? | 现在 我想听听目击者怎么说 可以吗? |
[16:11] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[16:12] | Lieutenant provenza, would you pleaseescort mr. Evans out? Thank you. | Provenza副队长 请带Evans先生回避一下 谢谢 |
[16:18] | Hello, mrs. Evans. I’m deputy chiefbrenda leigh johnson. Thank you so muchfor coming in. | 你好 Evans夫人 我是Brenda副队长 非常感谢你能过来 |
[16:23] | Uh, this is mr. Stroh. He’s an attorney. | 这是Stroh先生 律师 |
[16:26] | – Yes. How do you do? – Mrs. Evans. | – 你好 – Evans夫人 |
[16:32] | Any problemwith the selection, mr. Stroh? | 对疑犯辨认有意见么 Stroh先生? |
[16:35] | No,looks fine to me. | 没有 |
[16:36] | All right, then, mrs. Evans,you take your time. | 好 那么 Evans夫人 请慢慢辨认 |
[16:38] | Let us knowif there’s anyone here that you recognizefrom last night. | 请看看其中有没有你昨晚见过的人 |
[16:48] | Number 1, step forward. Turn to the right. | 1号 向前一步 右转 |
[16:52] | Again. Again. Step back to the wall. | 右转 右转 退到墙边 |
[16:58] | – Number 2, step forward. – No. | – 二号 向前一步 – 不是 |
[17:03] | Turn to the right. Again. | 右转 右转 |
[17:06] | – I remember he was slimand he had dark clothes. – Step back to the wall. | – 我记得他比较瘦 穿着深色衣服 – 退到墙边 |
[17:10] | But he had –had a t-shirt underneath. I rememberthe white at his neck. | 里面穿了件白色T恤 我记得他领口是白色的 |
[17:15] | – Number 3… – no. No,he wasn’t hispanic. | – 3号 – 不是 那人不是西班牙裔 |
[17:18] | Turn to the right. If you have a phone, take it out. | 右转 谁带了手机 拿出来 |
[17:25] | Turn it off. Put it back. | 关掉 放回去 |
[17:30] | Number 4, step forward. | 4号 向前一步 |
[17:33] | Turn to your right. | 右转 |
[17:37] | Again. Again. | 右转 右转 |
[17:41] | – Back to the wall. – I don’t know. | – 退到墙边 – 我不知道 |
[17:44] | He was tall like number 5but not as large. | 他和5号差不多高 但没有那么壮 |
[17:49] | I’m 6’2″. Was he closerto my height? | 我有1米87 是不是和我差不多高? |
[17:52] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[17:55] | – Chief,can I talk to you? – Yes. | – 队长 我能跟你谈谈么? – 可以 |
[17:58] | Uh, sergeant gabriel,would you please take mr. Stroh to interview 1when we’re through here? | Gabriel警佐 辨认结束后 请带Stroh先生到1号审讯室 |
[18:03] | Mrs. Evans,thank you so much for your help. | Evans夫人 非常感谢你的帮助 |
[18:09] | Okay,chris made deliveries to every single oneof these victims days beforethey were attacked. | 在这几个被害人遭袭前几天 Chris都给她们送过货 |
[18:14] | That’s how come he knew theirbathroom windows were unlocked. | 所以他才知道她们的浴室窗户没关 |
[18:20] | He unlocked them himself. Four. | 他自己把那窗户打开的 第四个 |
[18:26] | Six. | 第六个 |
[18:33] | Sergeant gabriel,would you please keep mr. Dunlap companyfor a moment? | Gabriel警佐 请先和Dunlap先生进去 |
[18:38] | Mr. Stroh,I need to talk to you. | Stroh先生 我要跟你谈谈 |
[18:42] | I’m arrestingyour client. | 我要逮捕你的当事人 |
[18:44] | For what — trespassing? | 罪名是什么 私闯民宅? |
[18:46] | Chris dunlap worksas a deliveryman, mr. Stroh. Are you aware of that? | Chris Dunlap是个快递员 你知道么? |
[18:49] | You said that the statehas a special burden of proof when it comesto sex-crime cases. | 你说过 对于性犯罪 政府要证明他们危害社会安全 |
[18:53] | Well, here it is — | 好 这就是证明 |
[18:55] | your clientwas in jessica goodall’s house delivering a dishwasher fourdays before she was murdered. | Jessica Goodall遇害四天前 你的当事人派送过洗碗机给她 |
[19:00] | He delivered a mattressto lauren clark three days before she was tiedto her bed and brutally raped. | Lauren Clark被绑在床上强暴的 三天前 他给她派送过床垫 |
[19:05] | He delivered a refrigeratorto rebecca howl five days — | Rebecca被强暴的五天前 他给派送过冰箱… |
[19:08] | circumstantial. | 巧合而已 |
[19:09] | Six rapes and one murder, allat the same point of entry — | 六起强奸 一起谋杀 同样的潜入方式 |
[19:13] | a bathroom windowyour client opened when he madethese deliveries. | 都是你的当事人送货时 打开的浴室窗户 |
[19:17] | Take this to a jury, and yourclient faces the death penalty. | 把这些拿到法庭上 他绝对会被判死刑的 |
[19:21] | I want to make a deal. | 我要做个交易 |
[19:24] | You want to make a deal? | 你要做交易? |
[19:26] | Well, just to satisfymy curiosity, mr. Stroh, what kind of dealwould you like to make? | 就当是满足我的好奇心 Stroh先生 说说你要做什么交易 |
[19:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:32] | You get the D.A.To agree,and chris will do… eight years. | 如果你能让地方检察官同意 Chris可以接受8年徒刑 |
[19:36] | What could you possibly give methat would merit reducing your client’s sentenceto eight years? | 让你的当事人只蹲8年 你能给我们什么好处? |
[19:41] | The nameof the other guy. | 另一个人的名字 |
[19:45] | It was his partnerwho raped those women and murderedjessica goodall. | 是他的同伙 强奸了那些姑娘 并谋杀了Jessica Goodall |
[19:51] | And for eight years,chris will give you his name. | 8年徒刑 Chris就说出那人是谁 |
[19:58] | This may surprise you,mr. Stroh, but we’re very close to findingchris’ partner on our own. | 也许会让你吃惊 Stroh先生 不过我们就快查出同伙了 |
[20:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[20:03] | So, if you’d like meto talk to the d.A.About giving youany kind of a deal, | 假如你想让我说服地方检察官 做辩诉交易的话 |
[20:07] | I suggestthat you have chris dunlap tell me somethingI don’t already know. | 建议让Chris告诉我 一些我还不知道的事情 |
[20:11] | And it had betterbe good. | 最好是有价值的东西 |
[20:16] | Chris dunlap,you are under arrest for murderand six counts of rape. | Chris Dunlap 你因涉嫌谋杀 和六起强奸案被捕了 |
[20:19] | Sergeant gabriel, would you please take himdownstairs to booking? Thank you. | Gabriel警佐 带他到楼下登记 谢谢 |
[20:22] | Have a nice day,mr. Stroh. | 祝你愉快 Stroh先生 |
[20:31] | Now his lawyer saysthere’s another guy. | 现在 他的律师说 还有同伙 |
[20:43] | You don’t like it, but I think you’ve got to consider the deal. | 虽然你不愿意 但我觉得 你还是考虑一下他的条件 |
[20:47] | It’s not rightto let chris dunlap walk after only eight yearsjust to get this other guy. | 不能仅仅为了抓到同伙 就让Chris Dunlap只蹲8年牢 |
[20:52] | Well,what does pope say? | Pope怎么说? |
[20:54] | – He agrees with me. – Really? | – 他同意我的观点 – 真的? |
[20:57] | He’s still smartingfrom that stupid inquiry after the mall shooting. | 自从商场枪击案的调查听证后 他一直郁闷呢 |
[21:02] | No one’s letting himforget it. | 他还没忘了那事 |
[21:04] | He managedto delay everything yesterday while we hunted throughdunlap’s life, | 昨天我们追查了Dunlap的时候 他把其他都推后了 |
[21:08] | but if we don’t findthis creep’s partner — if… | 如果没能找出这败类的同伙… |
[21:12] | this other partnereven exists. | 如果所谓同伙真的存在的话 |
[21:14] | Well,if he doesn’t exist, then whatever dealdunlap’s lawyer makes goes away. | 要是他不存在 那Dunlap的律师 提出的交易也就无效了 |
[21:18] | And at the very least, you put your suspect awayfor life. | 至少能让他被判个无期徒刑 |
[21:23] | Or… | 要是… |
[21:25] | if the other guy’s real, then you get his nameand take him off the streets. | 真有同伙 你们就能 将这个人绳之以法 |
[21:30] | Chris dunlap walkedinto these women’s homes. | Chris Dunlap到这些姑娘家送货 |
[21:33] | He assessedtheir vulnerability. | 判断能否对这些人下手 |
[21:36] | They probably tipped himafter he chose them as victims. He’s a monster. | 她们被选作猎物 还浑然不知地 给他小费 他是个魔鬼 |
[21:41] | He deserves to go awayfor the rest of his life. | 他罪该终身监禁 |
[21:44] | You know, if this other guyis really out there, then he’s dangerous. | 要是真有同伙逍遥法外 很危险的 |
[21:48] | The longer you wait, the more likely he isto disappear forever or attack again. | 你们拖延得越久 他越可能销声匿迹 或者继续为非作歹 |
[21:54] | Look, it’s not a fair deal, and I know this isn’thow you like to hand off cases to the D.A. | 这交易不算公平 我知道你不愿意 将案子这样推给地方检察官 |
[21:58] | But, honey,hey, at the end of the day, it may be necessary. | 不过 亲爱的 事已至此 也许是不得已的方法 |
[22:06] | Chief,lieutenant provenza and tao got a warrantto search dunlap’s place to see | 队长 Provenza和陶副队 拿到了Dunlap家的搜查令 |
[22:10] | if we could find anythingthat might tip us off to this mysterioussecond man. | 也许在他家能让我们查到 那个神秘同伙的线索 |
[22:14] | And sanchez is talking to a kidwho does deliveries with dunlap. | Sanchez正在询问一个和Dunlap一起 送快递的小子 |
[22:16] | He’s kind of a long shot, but he does have a juvenileconviction for burglary, so who knows? | 虽然他不太可能 不过他倒是有 入室盗窃的少年犯罪前科 所以也不好说 |
[22:21] | Chief, if you ask me,they’re playing us. | 队长 我看 他们是在耍我们 |
[22:23] | They’re making upa soddi defense so they can buy more time. | 他们编出来一个SODDI的把戏 是为了赢得一些时间 |
[22:26] | – Making up a what? – Soddi. “Some other dude did it”defense. | – 编什么? – SODDI 就是另有其人 |
[22:30] | But considering our witnessescouldn’t I.D. The suspect, we may be wrong. I don’t know. | 不过考虑到我们的目击者无法辨认 出嫌疑人 我们也可能错了 |
[22:36] | Chief johnson, any luck? | Johnson队长 怎么样了? |
[22:38] | We haven’t foundchris’ partner yet, if that’swhat you’re asking. | 还没找到Chris的同伙 你是问这个吧 |
[22:42] | May I speak with youfor a moment? | 借一步说话 |
[22:49] | I tried explaining thingsto the deputy D.A., But I can’t hold him off. | 我跟地方检察官解释了 不过我拗不过他 |
[22:52] | He’s, like, half a block away,and he wants the deal. | 他很快就到局里了 他想做这交易 |
[22:55] | For eight years? | 8年徒刑? |
[22:56] | I don’t like it, either,but… | 我也不愿意这样 不过… |
[22:58] | it has to be this way. Bring back the suspect. Get his lawyer. | 只能如此了 把疑犯带来 还有他的律师 |
[23:02] | I’ll be back in a minutewith the D.D.A. I’m sorrY. | 过一会我和地方检察官就到 抱歉 |
[23:09] | Detective sanchez, any chance the guy who madedeliveries with chris might be his partner? | Sanchez警探 和Chris一起送货的小子 是他犯案的同伙么? |
[23:13] | I’m sorry, chief. The alibi’s good. | 抱歉 队长 他有很好的不在场证明 |
[23:15] | He did say that chrisasked to use the bathroom a lot during deliveries, | 不过他提到Chris送货时经常 要求借用卫生间 |
[23:20] | which is against the rules, and that he liked to lookat the customers’ pictures, | 这是违反规定的 而且他还爱看收件人的相片 |
[23:24] | the ones in the frames. | 在相框里的那种 |
[23:27] | Co-workersaid it was creepy. | 他的同事觉得这样挺龌龊的 |
[23:33] | commander, where are wewith the rest of the victims? | 队长 那些受害人怎么样? |
[23:35] | We’ve been going throughthe rape files. | 我们已经彻查了强奸案的档案 |
[23:37] | Five of the victims eithercan’t remember what happened or never sawthe assailant’s face. | 其中五个要么就是不记得发生了什么 要么就是没看到凶手的脸 |
[23:42] | Apparently, he wore a maskor something — pantyhose. | 显然他头上戴了面具或是丝袜 |
[23:45] | What aboutthe sixth victim? | 那第六个受害人呢? |
[23:47] | Lauren clark. She saw him. Never I.D.’D himfrom the books. | Lauren Clark 她看到了凶手 不过没有从疑犯卷宗中辨认出来 |
[23:52] | Dunlap wasn’t in the books. | Dunlap当时还没列入卷宗 |
[23:54] | – You want meto bring her in? – Yes. | – 要我带她过来么? – 是的 |
[23:57] | But we’re supposed to evaluateher state of mind before we put her through that,so, no, not yet. | 但让她协助调查之前我们先要 评估她的精神状态 所以 现在先不急 |
[24:03] | Sorry, chief, but there’snothing where chris dunlap lived | 抱歉 队长 Dunlap住处没有任何证据显示 |
[24:06] | that would pointto the so-called other partner, but… | 还有个同伙的存在 不过… |
[24:09] | he’s awfully strange. | 他这人很不正常 |
[24:11] | He lives in the atticat his mother’s house. | 他住在他妈房子的阁楼上 |
[24:14] | Very little furniture,a mattress on the floor. Oh, boy. | 几乎没有家具 地上放个床垫 |
[24:18] | Lots of lingerie catalogs. | 还有许多内衣广告目录 |
[24:21] | And a big wad of cash stuffed in one of his shoes –close to $5,500. | 还有塞在他鞋里的一大团现金 大概5500美元 |
[24:26] | Yeah, now, we askedthe mom about it, she said she’s helping himto save up to fix his face. | 我们问了他妈 她说她在帮他存钱 来休整他的脸 |
[24:30] | – What? – Plastic surgery. | – 什么? – 整容手术 |
[24:33] | Yeah, mommy seems to thinkthat her little boy needs to bebetter-looking, | 他妈似乎觉得儿子需要更漂亮点 |
[24:37] | oh, and gotall the brochures, too — you know,botox, rhinoplasty. | 还有各种整形宣传册 |
[24:42] | Chief. Chief, I finally spoketo the paramedics. | 队长 我问过医护人员了 |
[24:44] | They saidthat they went through the back door of jessica’s houseto get the body, | 他们说他们是从Jessica家的后门 进去取尸体的 |
[24:47] | that they never touchedthe front door. | 根本没有碰过前门 |
[24:50] | Chief johnson,you remember D.D.A.Garnett. | Chief Johnson 你认识 副地方检察官Garnett |
[24:53] | Uh, yes. Just one second, please. | 似的 请等一下 |
[24:54] | Sergeant, what do you think thisis on jessica’s front porch? | 警佐 你看Jessica前门廊上的 这些东西是什么? |
[25:00] | Looks like… popcorn. | 像是 爆米花 |
[25:03] | But none of our guyswent out this way, so who tracked itoutside? | 不过 我们的人没有从前门走的 那么 是谁留下了这痕迹呢? |
[25:06] | Our officer chased chrisout the back door while the murdererwalked right out the front! | 我们的警员在追从后门逃出去的Chris时 凶手从前门走了出去 |
[25:10] | – Chief johnson. – Yes? | – Johnson队长 – 怎么? |
[25:12] | Uh, your office,please. | 来你办公室一下 |
[25:18] | Now that you have confirmedthe existence of mr. Dunlap’s partner, | 现在你们证实了Dunlap确有同伙 |
[25:21] | I don’t have to tell you, in the interest of publicsafety, we are compelled to act. | 不用我告诉你吧 为了公众安全 我们必须作出行动 |
[25:24] | – I don’t agree to the eight years. – It’s not up to you. | – 我不同意8年的刑期 – 这不由得你 |
[25:26] | Let’s be clear here, garnett,for the record. | 我们开诚布公地说吧 Garnett |
[25:28] | You are insisting on makingthis deal despite the fact | 洛城警局需要时间做进一步调查 |
[25:31] | that the L.A.P.D.Needs more time to investigate. | 你却执意立刻与疑犯做交易 |
[25:33] | Good. You understand, so I shouldn’thave to explain it again. | 你知道我的意思就好 |
[25:35] | Can we get on with it,please? | 那就抓紧执行吧? |
[25:41] | The D.A.’S office is willingto consider the eight years | 如果你的当事人供认出同伙 |
[25:44] | if your client will tell uswho his accomplice is, | 地方检察院会考虑8年 |
[25:46] | assuming said accompliceactually committed the murder and the sexual assaults. | 如果该同伙犯有谋杀和强奸罪 |
[25:53] | And here I thoughtyou were close to finding said accompliceon your own. | 我以为你们自己快要找出”该同伙”了 |
[25:59] | I don’t like being manipulated,chief johnson. | 我可不喜欢被人耍 Johnson队长 |
[26:03] | Mr. Garnett,you can have the name. | Garnett先生 你可以知道那人是谁 |
[26:05] | – But now my client wants probation. – What? | – 可现在 我的当事人要求缓刑 – 什么? |
[26:08] | – Sir,there’s a murderer at large. – Then you’d better hurry. | – 先生 有个杀人犯正逍遥法外 – 所以你们更要快点 |
[26:11] | You are an officerof the court and therefore obligatedto aid — | 你也是法庭官员 有义务协助捉拿罪犯 |
[26:13] | I am well aware ofmy obligations, chief johnson, in particular,as they relate to my client. | 我知道我有什么义务 Johnson队长 尤其是对我当事人的义务 |
[26:18] | Now, he has somevery important information that should be passed onto you, | 如今 他有重要的线索要告诉你们 |
[26:21] | but I need to know he’s gettingthe best deal possible. | 我要确保他能得到最好的回报 |
[26:24] | And how do we convince youthat eight years is reasonable? | 怎么才能让你接受8年的刑期? |
[26:29] | – Show me your evidence. – We are not doing that. | – 让我看看你们得到的证据 – 那不行 |
[26:31] | Convince me you have somethingsubstantial against him. | 我得相信你们有足以治罪的铁证 |
[26:33] | I am not opening upmy case. | 我才不会让你们看证据的 |
[26:35] | – He’s got no incentive to give up information. – There is no way! | – 那他没必要告诉你们那线索 – 不可能! |
[26:37] | If you do, I’ll talk to him. Maybe we can reach a compromise. | 如果你同意 我会跟他谈谈 或许我们都能作出妥协 |
[26:39] | – Compromise? – Someplace in the middle. | – 妥协? – 折中的办法 |
[26:40] | – It is eight years,or there’s no deal! – Hold on one second. | – 要么8年 要么法庭上见 – 等一下 |
[26:43] | Mr. Stroh, could you excuse usfor just one moment, please? | Stroh先生 请回避一下好么? |
[26:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:54] | – I refuse to put my evidenceon display here. – Excuse me? What evidence? | – 我不同意公开证据给他们 – 抱歉 你有什么证据了? |
[26:56] | As far as I can tell,you don’t have any. | 据我所知 你们还一无所有 |
[26:58] | The investigationis barely 24 hours old. | 调查进行得还不足24小时 |
[27:00] | To be manipulatedinto a plea agreement for probationat this point is ridiculous! | 现在就要被逼到讨论缓刑的地步 太荒谬了! |
[27:03] | You want to know whyI’m reduced to this possibility? | 你知道我为什么被逼到这地步? |
[27:05] | Because you haven’t found mea killer. | 因为你们还没抓到杀手 |
[27:07] | We need some time to go throughthe old cases — a few days! | 我们还需要几天的时间 查阅以前的案子 |
[27:10] | With an active rapiston the loose, a guy who justmurdered someone? | 让强奸杀人凶手再逍遥法外几天? |
[27:15] | No way. | 没门! |
[27:17] | I-I thinkthis is a mistake. | 我觉得不该这么做 |
[27:19] | And you are the reigning experton mistakes, chief pope, but thiscan’t be one of them. | Pope局长 你是犯错之王 但这个可不能让你胡来 |
[27:22] | Now, do I do thiswith her or without? | 这案子要不要让她靠边站? |
[27:31] | Victim 4 — kim stansbury,raped january 12. | 4号受害者 Kim Stansbury 遭强奸 1月12号 |
[27:35] | Do you haveany physical evidence linking my clientto the scene? | 有能证明我的当事人在场的证据吗? |
[27:38] | No. | 没有 |
[27:42] | No blood,no semen, no hair? | 没有血迹 精液 或毛发吗? |
[27:45] | No. No. No. Same as all the rest. | 没有 和其他几个案子一样都没有 |
[27:48] | Any fingerprints I.D.’Dto my client? | 有我当事人的指纹吗? |
[27:50] | Not yet. | 目前还没找到 |
[27:52] | Any victim I.D. Sor independent witnesses that can place himat the scene? | 有被害人或目击者指认出 他到过犯罪现场吗? |
[27:55] | No, but we do have himdelivering a refrigerator to her six daysbefore the incident. | 没有 但他在案发六天前 派送过冰箱给受害人 |
[28:03] | Victim 5 — rebecca howl,raped january 20. | 5号受害者 Rebecca Howl 遭强奸 1月20日 |
[28:07] | Any physical evidence? | 有物证吗? |
[28:08] | We have him deliveringa refrigerator to her five days before. | 案发五天前 他给受害人送过冰箱 |
[28:14] | Victim 6 — lauren clark. | 6号受害者 Lauren Clark |
[28:19] | Should I assume the sameas the preceding five? | 和前五个一样吧? |
[28:21] | Actually, she says she canidentify the assailant. | 实际上 她说她可以辨认出凶手 |
[28:25] | Interesting. | 有趣了 |
[28:26] | But do you have any blood,semen, hair, or any otherphysical evidence? | 有血迹 精液 毛发或其他物证吗? |
[28:31] | No. | 没有 |
[28:34] | All right, lastly,jessica goodall. | 那么 最后一个 Jessica Goodall |
[28:42] | Anything? | 有证据吗? |
[28:43] | Other than the fact thatyour client was seen running from the backof the victim’s house | 你的当事人被警察看到从 被害者家后门跑出来 |
[28:46] | by a los angelespolice officer and found hiding in a tree30 minutes later, no. | 三十分钟后被从他藏身的树上抓住 除此之外 没了 |
[28:51] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[28:55] | I will discuss this with chris,and, if he’s in agreement, | 我会与Chris商量 如果他同意 |
[28:59] | I’ll write up the profferto state that, in addition to the detailsof the crimes, | 我会写一份关于案发细节的供词 |
[29:02] | he will revealthe name of his partner. | 他会把同伙的名字告诉你们 |
[29:04] | We can meet in the morning,and assuming — | 我们明早再会面 假如… |
[29:06] | no.We’re doing this tonight. You’ve got five hours,sir. | 不行 我们今晚就见 给你五个小时 |
[29:12] | Fine. Mr. Garnett. Chief johnson. | 好吧 Garnett先生 Johnson队长 |
[29:20] | This isthe right thing to do. | 这是正确的做法 |
[29:22] | Not for jessica goodall. Excuse me. | 对Jessica Goodall来说 不是 失陪了 |
[29:31] | Chief johnson. Stroh is here. You ready? | Johnson队长 Stroh到了 你准备好了么? |
[29:38] | As I’ll ever be. What’s the offer? | 时刻准备着 他们提出什么条件? |
[29:40] | His clientgives up the name. We split the difference –four years. | 他告诉我们名字 我们各退一步 四年刑期 |
[29:45] | This accomplicehas a methodology. | 那个同伙手法极其规律 |
[29:47] | He’s notgonna strike again while we have chris dunlapin custody. | 只要我们关押着Chris Dunlap 他就不会再犯案 |
[29:49] | We have timeto look for him. | 还有时间去调查 |
[29:51] | We’re gonna find the guy a lotfaster once we know his name. | 知道名字的话 可查得快多了 |
[29:54] | Can we just executethe deal? Please? | 这事就这么定了 |
[30:06] | All right. Mr. Stroh. Chris. | 又见面了 Stroh先生 Chris |
[30:11] | You’ve read the statement and agree to provide testimony | 你已经读过了声明 同意提供证词 |
[30:14] | as to the truthfulness of the facts within this document? | 并保证证词的真实性? |
[30:20] | Four yearsfor the name, provided we can verifyits validity. | 服刑四年 如果能我们能证实其真实性 |
[30:27] | Mr. Stroh, maybe it’s my ears,but for the life of me, I can’t hearwhat your client is saying. | Stroh先生 可能我耳朵不太好 怎么使劲都听不到你委托人在嘀咕什么 |
[30:31] | Chris. | |
[30:33] | – Yes, I’ll testify. – Good. | – 就这样 我会作证 – 很好 |
[30:36] | Would you sign this,please? | 请签下名 |
[30:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:46] | Okay, you state herethat you were charged with finding womenon your delivery | 你这里说你利用送包裹之机 |
[30:49] | that would best fityour partner’s type. Is that correct? | 替你同伙物色合他口味的女性 没错吧? |
[30:53] | Yes. He, uh… he likes blond hair. | 对 呃 他很喜欢金发妞 |
[31:00] | So you would unlock the windowsand watch them for a few days? | 然后你伺机打开窗锁 观察她们数日 |
[31:03] | To make sure there were noroommates or boyfriends, right. | 对 我要确保她们都独居或单身 |
[31:06] | And once you were sure? | 那确定之后呢? |
[31:08] | Uh, he’d pick a night. We’d go in together. I’d watch the street,and he’d, uh… | 呃 我们挑个日子一起去 我望风 他… |
[31:14] | he’d be with them. | 他进去爽 |
[31:18] | You state that you neveractually participated in any of the sexual assaultsyourself… | 你宣称从未进行过性侵犯 |
[31:22] | – no. No. – That you acted onlyas lookout for your partner. | – 没 从没 – 你替他望风 |
[31:25] | – And in return,he compensated you monetarily. – Yes. | – 而他付钱做为回报 – 对 |
[31:28] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[31:34] | $1,500 apiece. | 一次1500元 |
[31:36] | Wow, that’s a lot. I’m sure you must have beenworth it, though. | 哇 大手笔 你肯定物有所值 |
[31:40] | In fact, if we weren’t talkingabout rape and murder, sounds like you’d makean ideal employee. | 如果不是杀人强奸 你也算个模范员工呢 |
[31:49] | Now comes the hard part, and you had better tell thewhole truth and nothing but, | 好了 说正事 你最好说实话 |
[31:53] | so help you god, or this dealfor four years goes away. | 不然交易就吹了 |
[31:58] | What’s the nameof your partner? | 你搭档叫啥? |
[32:02] | It’s okay, chris. Go ahead. | 说吧 Chris 说吧 |
[32:07] | – It’s him. – Excuse me? | – 就是他 – 啥? |
[32:10] | What the hell? | 我靠 |
[32:11] | – It’s mr. Stroh. – Chris. Chris, this is not funny. | – 就是Stroh先生 – Chris Chris 这可不是闹着玩 |
[32:13] | What? D-did something change? | 嗯? 有什么问题么? |
[32:15] | Enough! That’s it! You, outside now! | 够了! 到此为止 你 给我出来! |
[32:24] | Just when you thoughtyou heard it all. | 我刚还想 会不会有好戏看呢 |
[32:30] | Would you mind telling me whatthe hell’s going on in here? | 麻烦告诉我下 他究竟想干嘛? |
[32:32] | Chief johnson, I am as shockedas you are. Believe me. | Johnson警长 相信我 我也吃了一惊 |
[32:34] | I explained to him very specificallywhat he needed to do. | 我和他交代得很清楚了 |
[32:36] | If you’re pulling some kindof a stunt, so help me. | 如果是你耍花招 省省吧 |
[32:38] | I was… thrilledwith four years. | 可…听说只判四年 我自己都乐不可支了 |
[32:40] | In fact, I think it’s whathe deserves. I told him so. | 他罪有应得 我就这么和他说的 |
[32:42] | I can promise youit’s not gonna get any better. | 告诉你 不可能有更好的条件了 |
[32:45] | I don’t knowwhat to tell you, except that I can’t representhim if he’s accusing me of this. | 我只能说 如果他指控我 我不能给他辩护 |
[32:49] | No. No. You wrote upthis proffer, sir. | 行了行了 是你提的条款 |
[32:52] | We are not going anywhereuntil we get a name. | 不知道名字我们不会罢休的 |
[32:54] | All right. Hold on. Hold on. | 好吧 再等等 再等等 |
[33:03] | Now, chris, just sowe are perfectly clear, this deal that you just signed — | Chris 给我听好 你已经签署条约了 |
[33:06] | where’s mr. Stroh? What –what did he say to you? | Stroh先生呢? 他都和你说什么了? |
[33:08] | – Well, he saidyou should get yourself a new lawyer,for starters. – What? | – 首先 你另请律师吧 – 啥? |
[33:11] | – Frankly,I don’t blame him. – I don’t understand. | – 说实话 我很理解他 – 我不明白 |
[33:13] | ‘Cause this gameyou’re playing is a wasteof everyone’s time. | 现在是你在浪费大家时间 |
[33:14] | But he promised me thatif I kept my mouth shut — | 可是他叫我口风紧点的 |
[33:16] | all his hard work –you’re ruining it. | 他付出那么多 全被你毁了 |
[33:18] | – No, I swear.I would never — – now, chris! | – 不是的 我发誓… – 听着 Chris! |
[33:20] | If this is some crazy attemptto get a better deal, you are climbing upthe wrong tree… again! | 如果你想讨价还价 门都没有! |
[33:24] | And if you don’t straighten up,and right this second, instead of four years, | 此时此刻 如果还不老实交代 四年… |
[33:27] | you’relooking at the death penalty! Do you understand me? | 那就等死刑吧 听明白不? |
[33:31] | I’ll ask youone more time. | 再问一次 |
[33:33] | What is the nameof your partner? | 你搭档叫啥? |
[33:36] | – It’s — it’s mr. Stroh. – That’s it. We’re through here. | – 就 就是Stroh先生啊 – 好了 没得谈了 |
[33:40] | No, wait! Wait! I’m telling you the truth! | 别 等等 别走 我全招! |
[33:42] | He — he just wanted to seewhat you had on us before I talked to you. | 他就是想在我开口之前 知道你们查到多少 |
[33:55] | Why wouldhe need to do that? | 他为什么要这么做? |
[33:58] | H-he wanted to make sure you didn’t have any evidence on him. | 因为 他要确定你们没有对他不利的证据 |
[34:00] | – Good god. – I swear. I swear. | – 天哪 – 我发誓 我发誓! |
[34:02] | I swear, I wanted totell you everything from the very beginning. | 我发誓 我一开始就想全招的 |
[34:05] | But mr. Stroh — he saidthat if I ever was caught, I was supposed to call himright away. | Stroh先生告诉我 如果被捕了 就马上通知他 |
[34:09] | And when that girl got hurtand when the police came, he told me — | 而那天姑娘受伤了 警察也来了 他要我… |
[34:14] | he told meto run out the back door, and whenI couldn’t get away, | 他要我朝后门跑 我发现自己跑不掉了 |
[34:16] | I didwhat he told me to do. | 我就找他指示做了 |
[34:19] | ‘Cause mr. Stroh –he told me — | 因为他说 |
[34:21] | he said that even though I hadn’t done anythingas bad as him that | 尽管我没犯下他那种大罪 |
[34:23] | I would go to jailfor as long as he did if I admitted anythingbefore I got a deal. | 但如果我没得到减刑就开口 那就得和他一样重判 |
[34:34] | Why did you do those thingsfor him? | 为什么要替他背黑锅? |
[34:36] | He saved me from jail. | 因为他免了我牢狱之灾 |
[34:40] | And he wanted to help mewith my face. | 而且他答应帮我整容 |
[34:45] | So when he asked me to use my jobto help him find these… | 他要我用职务之便替他… |
[34:52] | I didn’t want to let him down. | 我不能让他失望的 |
[34:55] | So I found a girl. | 我就找上了她 |
[34:57] | I founda really pretty girl that I knew he’d like, | 他一定好这口 |
[35:01] | and I unlocked the window,and we went in. | 我打开窗 让他进来 |
[35:09] | I hid the money. Uh, y-you can find itin my room. | 我把赏金都藏在我房里 |
[35:15] | I’m saving it up ’cause my mom saysshe can make me handsome. | 我存着 因为妈妈说过 我会变帅的 |
[35:27] | So, wait, uh,is — is that it? | 呃 现在好了吧? |
[35:31] | Do I — do I –do I get my deal? | 我 我还能减刑么? |
[35:55] | You have anything to say,mr. Stroh? | 想说点啥么 Stroh先生? |
[36:00] | I guess I’d have to sayhe’s crazy. | 我只能说 他疯了 |
[36:05] | I mean, he soundedso convincing. | 挺吸引人的故事 |
[36:08] | He almost had mebelieving him, but… | 我差点都信了 但是… |
[36:11] | come on, let’s be honest. That story is absurd. | 得了 这太荒谬了 |
[36:14] | Yes, it is. | 是很荒谬 |
[36:16] | Mr. Garnett, it seems to methat your presence here could bea conflict of interest. | Garnett先生 你在这呆着有利益冲突 |
[36:21] | If you stay, you riskbeing called as a witness. | 留下的话 你可能会被作为证人传唤 |
[36:29] | Seems strangelyself-destructive of chris, don’t you think — | 你不觉得Chris这么做简直是自己找死么? |
[36:33] | knowing that a lie would ruin his chancesto walk in four years? | 明知说谎会失去4年的自由? |
[36:37] | True. | 是啊 |
[36:38] | He blows his deal. | 自毁长城 |
[36:40] | But you can’t use anythinghe said against him. | 可是你也没法用他的话来指证他 |
[36:45] | Or against me,for that matter. | 或者来指证我 |
[36:48] | Because,unfortunately for chris, even if he was tellingthe truth, | 不幸的是 哪怕Chris说的都是真话 |
[36:53] | even if I wasan accomplice, in order to have his statementadmitted in court, | 即使我是同谋 法院要采纳他的证词 |
[36:58] | you’d need some sortof corroborating evidence linking me to at least oneof these crimes. | 你也需要补强证据 把我和至少一起案子联系起来 |
[37:04] | And,as you and mr. Garnett made abundantly clearearlier today, | 早些时候你和Garnett先生 说的很明白 |
[37:10] | you haveno such evidence. | 你们没有证据 |
[37:13] | So… | 所以… |
[37:16] | if I’m not mistaken, we’re through here. | 这事就这么完了吧 |
[37:21] | We have a witness, mr. Stroh –your sixth victim. | 我们可是有证人的Stroh先生 别忘了第六号受害者 |
[37:24] | Lauren clark –she says she can make an I.D. | Lauren Clark她说她能指认罪犯 |
[37:29] | Right. I forgot about her. You bringing her in? | 好吧 我都忘了 现在就带她来? |
[37:34] | Yes, we are. So is there anyoneyou’d like to call? Your lawyer, perhaps? | 当然 那现在你要打电话不? 比如给你律师? |
[37:38] | No. That’s very considerateof you. Thank you. | 不了 劳您费心了 真是感谢 |
[37:41] | But… since I am a lawyer, I thinkI’ll be just fine. | 不过 我本来就是个律师 我很好 |
[37:48] | And my advice to mewould be to… | 现在我觉得应该… |
[37:52] | wait. So… I’ll wait… | 等着 那我就等着吧 |
[37:57] | right hereif that’s okay. | 就这 行了吧 |
[38:09] | Miss clark, I’m deputy chiefbrenda leigh johnson. | Clark小姐 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson副警长 |
[38:12] | Thank you so muchfor coming down here so late. | 很抱歉让您那么晚赶来 |
[38:14] | No, that’s okay. It’s just scary thinkingthat I might see him again. | 没关系 不过一想到要再面对他… |
[38:20] | My stomach’s in knots. | 我就一阵的反胃 |
[38:22] | I understand. | 我很理解 |
[38:24] | Why don’t you havea seat here? | 先坐会儿吧? |
[38:27] | Now, I’m gonna tell you thatnone of these men in the lineup can see or hear you,okay? | 队列中的人听不到也看不到你 明白? |
[38:31] | You’re perfectly safe here. | 在这你很安全 |
[38:34] | You just take your time,all right? | 慢慢来就好 |
[38:36] | – Ready to go, chief. – Okay. | – 准备好了 警长 – 好的 |
[38:49] | I’m sorry. Wait. What if I know one of them? | 那个…要是我认识其中一位呢? |
[38:53] | Who? | 谁? |
[38:54] | Um, him, number 2. I don’t remember his name. | 呃 就是2号 我忘了他叫什么 |
[38:58] | You know him? | 你见过他? |
[38:59] | Yeah, he stopped by my worka few hours ago. | 对啊 几小时前她还来我上班的地方 |
[39:02] | He’s a lawyer –phil, I think. | 他是个律师 叫Phil? 大概吧 |
[39:06] | And he said I’d probably becoming down here tonight. | 他告诉我今晚可能要来着 |
[39:12] | Is that bad? | 出什么事了? |
[39:19] | He can’t tamper with a witnessin his own case. | 他不能蓄意干扰自己案子的证人 |
[39:21] | Six hours ago,it was his client’s case. | 可6小时前 那是他当事人的案子 |
[39:24] | He’ll sayhe was questioning her, which, at the time,he had every right to do. | 他会说 我只是去看看啊 当时他确实有权那么做 |
[39:27] | He knewwhere she worked. | 他还知道她在哪儿工作 |
[39:28] | – He couldn’t have known thatwithout — – without looking atour files. | – 可不看… – …案宗是不可能知道的啊 |
[39:32] | Remember the partwhere you insisted that we show himeverything? | 不知道是谁坚持对他和盘托出的 |
[39:37] | You ever make a dealwith the devil, mr. Garnett? | 你和恶魔做交易么 Garnett先生 |
[39:43] | This is probablywhat it’s like. | 估计就是这样 |
[39:50] | Thank you, sergeant. | 谢谢 警官 |
[39:53] | Chief johnson. | Johnson副警长 |
[39:56] | Did the search warrants servedat my home and office get you anywhere? | 搜过我家和办公室了 有什么发现? |
[39:59] | No,but you had plenty of time to dispose ofanything incriminating | 还没 因为在我们调查你当事人时 |
[40:04] | while our investigationwas focused on your client. | 你有足够时间销毁证据 |
[40:07] | I’ll admit to beingmildly interested in how you managedto rape seven women without gettinga mark on you. | 我相当好奇 你怎么做到不留痕迹强奸7个人的 |
[40:13] | How about… I didn’t rape seven women? | 可能因为…不是我干的吧 |
[40:17] | Oh, I’m sorry. Six. One you just murdered. | 噢对 当然不是 你只强奸了6个 还有个被你杀了 |
[40:22] | For which your former client maynow be facing life in prison. | 你前当事人替你背黑锅 估计要面临无期徒刑了 |
[40:25] | Well, he’s obviouslya dangerous guy… | 他明显是个危险的家伙… |
[40:30] | criminally immature. | 手法太不成熟了 |
[40:34] | But his next attorneywill probably throw out most of whatyou’ve done here. | 他下个律师可能会推翻你大部分劳动成果 |
[40:40] | I’m sorry for wastingso much of your time. | 真不好意思 浪费了你那么多时间 |
[40:43] | I really should have mentionedmeeting miss clark when I left this afternoon,but it, uh… | 我下午走之前 就该承认之前见过Clark小姐了 呃 |
[40:49] | totally slipped my mind. | 可就是忘了 |
[40:52] | She didn’t seemterribly bright, did she? | 她看上去笨笨的 |
[40:56] | Pretty, though. | 但挺漂亮 |
[40:58] | Mr. Stroh… | Stroh先生… |
[41:00] | you may think you’re walkingaway from this a free man, | 或许你以为自己全身而退 |
[41:02] | but I assure you,you are in more trouble than you couldpossibly imagine! | 但我保证 这事没完! |
[41:07] | I hopethat’s not a threat. | 你不是在威胁我吧 |
[41:10] | I would hate to have to bringa lawsuit against the city for violatingmy civil rights. | 我可不想指控你们威胁公民权 |
[41:15] | I know your accomplice. | 我知道是你干的 |
[41:17] | – I know the women you raped and the woman you murdered. – I don’t knowwhat you’re talking about. | – 你强奸了她们 还杀了人 – 不知道你在说什么 |
[41:19] | And with the help of everylaw-enforcement agency in the countyof los angeles, | 我会不惜一切代价 倾洛城之力 |
[41:23] | which, as of today, will become a permanent fixturein your life, | 你一生都不会太平 就像今天 |
[41:26] | I will hunt relentlessly to tie you to these crimesuntil the day you die. | 你这一辈子我都回努力定你罪 |
[41:30] | Really? | 是么? |
[41:33] | What is ityou hope to accomplish? | 你的目标是什么? |
[41:35] | To see you on trialfor murder, mr. Stroh. | 开庭审判你谋杀罪 Stroh先生 |
[41:39] | Well, then… | 呃 这样啊… |
[41:41] | you must feelterribly disappointed in the way thingshave turned out here. | 那事已至此 你肯定失望至极了 |
[41:46] | Look on the bright side, chief. | 想想好的方面吧 警长 |
[41:49] | At least it’s over. | 现在可以结案了 |
[41:52] | It’s not over. | 还没完呢 |
[41:56] | It is. | 完了 |