时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | sure I don’t look ridiculous? | 真的不滑稽? |
[00:10] | You look great. | 你美极了 |
[00:12] | Besides,you can’t be picky if you’re gonna make me do all the shopping last-minute. | 最后逼我去买所有的东西 你没有挑剔的权利 |
[00:15] | And big bear definitely has cellular service — you checked? | 大熊度假村那里确定有手机信号吗? 你确定吗? |
[00:18] | It’s not the tundra. It’s two hours away. | 又不是带你去北极 不过两小时车程罢了 |
[00:21] | Besides,with our ski packages,we’re gonna be so busy,we might actually forget about work for a while. | 到时候滑雪都忙不过来 工作就丢脑后了 |
[00:26] | D.a. Hobbs,you rember… | Hobbs检察官 你还记得… |
[00:30] | …chief johnson,and this is her husband,fbi special agent fritz howard. | …Johnson队长 这是他丈夫 调查局的Fritz Howard |
[00:35] | Uh,sorry to… Interrupt. | 不好意思…打扰了 |
[00:39] | I just wanted to make sure you’re all set for monday. | 我只是想确认一下星期一的案子 你们都准备就绪了 |
[00:43] | On the oxy lab case. | 就是那个Oxy实验室案子 |
[00:45] | Oxy lab. Yes,of course. | Oxy实验室啊 啊 那当然 |
[00:48] | All set. | 完全准备就绪 |
[00:49] | Uh… | 呃 |
[00:51] | What time on monday? | 星期一什么时候? |
[00:53] | The trial starts at 9:00 a.m. | 审讯九点开始 |
[00:54] | Trial. Right. | 哦对 还有审讯 |
[01:00] | So I’ll see you in court. | 那我们就法庭见了 |
[01:01] | Yes,you will – Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. | 嗯没问题 我会精神抖擞欢欣雀跃地出现的 |
[01:09] | You have no idea what she was talking about,do you? | 你完全不知道她在说什么 对不? |
[01:13] | no. | 的确 |
[01:17] | Oxy lab used to handle some toxicology tests for the city. | Oxy实验室以前是帮市政府做毒物检测的 |
[01:20] | Unfortunately,the lab was discredited nine months ago. | 不幸的是 他们的执照九个月前被吊销了 |
[01:24] | Okay. I read about that. | 哦 我记得读到过 |
[01:26] | And 42 verdicts were overturned,most of them d.u.i.s, | 42个判决都被推翻了 大部分都是酒后驾驶 |
[01:30] | but one of them was a murder, | 但其中有一宗是凶杀案 |
[01:33] | which,for the last several weeks,has belonged to major crimes. | 过去几个星期里 这案子都归重案组 |
[01:37] | You’re kidding me! What murder? | 开什么玩笑! 什么凶杀案? |
[01:44] | Okay,seven years ago,a woman named doris osgood impersonated a nurse for some rich banker with terminal cancer. | 七年前 Doris Osgood假扮护士 护理一个癌症晚期的富翁银行家 |
[01:49] | Now,she robbed the guy blind. | 在骗了他个精光后 |
[01:52] | Then she killed him with an overdose of morphine. | 给他注射了过量的吗啡 把他杀了 |
[01:54] | Tox results from the old guy’s blood were thrown out as evidence when oxy lab was discredited. | Oxy实验室关门之后 老头血样的检验报告就不能再作为证据了 |
[02:00] | A – and this goes to trial on monday? | 这案子星期一要开庭? |
[02:02] | Commander,when were you planning on telling me about this? | 队长 你到底打算什么时候 才告诉我这个案子的情况? |
[02:05] | Chief,I handed the murder over to major crimes a month ago. | 队长 我一个月前就把这个 案子交给重案组了 |
[02:08] | Towhom? | 交给谁啦? |
[02:11] | Chief,I didn’t want to burden you. | 队长 我是不想给你添麻烦 |
[02:13] | Uh,it’s an old case I worked with my ex-partner,george andrews. | 这是我和以前拍档George Andrews 一起做的一个旧案子了 |
[02:17] | Great cop — Retired way too young. | 他是个超棒的警察 可惜退休太早了 |
[02:19] | Anyway,I’m — I’m picking him up at the train station. | 这个姑且不谈了 我现在打算去火车站接他 |
[02:21] | And you’re all ready for the trial on monday,lieutenant? | 星期一的庭审你都准备好了吗 副队? |
[02:24] | 100%. | 完全准备妥当 |
[02:26] | See,george got this spontaneous confession from this fake nurse. | 他的冒牌护士主动向George自首了 |
[02:29] | I mean,she told him everything, | 她把什么都告诉他了 |
[02:31] | including how she overdosed the guy she was caring for on morphine. | 甚至包括她是怎么杀死他的 |
[02:35] | All we have to do is put george on the stand. | 只要让George来作证就大功告成了 |
[02:37] | And doris osgood will be back in prison for the rest of her life. | 那么Doris Osgood下半辈子就要 在监狱里过了 |
[02:40] | And we can go to big bear. | 这样我们就能去大熊渡假了 |
[02:41] | Yes,please,go! | 哦 去吧! |
[02:43] | I mean,chief,really, | 我是说真的 队长 |
[02:45] | when have I ever steered you wrong,hmm? | 我什么时候骗过你啦? |
[02:51] | I think I should wait, | 我看还是等等再说吧 |
[02:53] | a- and meet this detective andrews,just — just to go over his testimony. | 见见Andrews警探 过过证词 |
[02:57] | Honey,you and I will go to lunch, | 亲爱的 我们先一起去吃午饭 |
[02:59] | and then we’ll come back,and then we’ll drive up to the cabin,okay? | 然后回来 再然后一起去渡假 |
[03:08] | Provenza: the guy’s death certificate said “natural causes.” | 这家伙的死亡证明上写的是自然死亡 |
[03:11] | And it was only because osgood tried to fence that stupid painting — | 就因为Osgood要把那副画销赃 |
[03:15] | The chagall. I know. I remember. | 就是那副夏加尔 我知道 我记得 |
[03:17] | If it hadn’t been for that boneheaded move, | 要不是她做了那件蠢事 |
[03:19] | – george and I might never have found — Found her. I know. | – 我和George根本就不会… – 抓到她 我知道 |
[03:23] | And that confession — | 还有那个自首… |
[03:24] | One of the greatest moments in l.a.p.d. History. | 洛杉矶警署有史以来最赞的一次 |
[03:28] | George seduced that osgood woman into –Into giving up everything! | George施美男计让Osgood交代了一切 |
[03:33] | Oh,yeah. Yeah. | 耶 太棒了 |
[03:36] | George andrews was the best partner a cop could ask for, | 是每个警察梦寐以求的拍档 |
[03:41] | hands down. | 毫无疑问 |
[03:42] | Really? | 你说真的吗? |
[03:44] | Thanks. | 多谢了 |
[03:46] | Hey,why don’t you come out with us tonight,huh? | 我说 你今晚和我们一起出去玩吧 |
[03:48] | We’ll have some drinks,maybe,uh,find some ladies. | 我们去喝个几杯 也许能碰到几位佳人 |
[03:51] | – That’s all right,casanova. Calm down. – All right. | – 悠着点吧 风流才子 – 好吧 |
[03:54] | If you don’t want to go,that’s fine. | 你不想去也没关系 |
[03:56] | Myself,I’ve — | 我自己最近… |
[03:59] | I’ve been feeling a little lonely lately. | 觉得有点寂寞 |
[04:02] | But there is no shortage of women when george is around. | 但有George在的话总是不会缺女人的 |
[04:07] | Man: guess who,old man. | 猜猜我是谁? |
[04:10] | George,my man! It is — | George 兄弟! 真是… |
[04:13] | It’s “georgette” now! | 我现在是Georgia啦! |
[04:24] | Do you believe the balls on this guy,flynn? | 这哥们真逗 是吧Flynn? |
[04:29] | Um,I don’t think… I — uh… | 呃 我不…觉得 |
[04:31] | Oh,it’s a joke! | 是开玩笑! |
[04:33] | Go ahead. | 说啊 |
[04:35] | Tell him it’s a joke,george. | 告诉他你开玩笑呢 George |
[04:38] | It’s not a joke. | 我没开玩笑 |
[04:40] | George… | |
[04:43] | This,uh… | 这 呃… |
[04:45] | It’s the real me… Finally. | 这才是真正的我 我终于… |
[05:03] | Hobbs: we have a huge problem here. | 我们有个大麻烦 |
[05:05] | Yeah,about a size 44d. | 是啊 44D号的 |
[05:09] | Lieutenant provenza,how did this happen? | Provenza副队 这到底怎么回事? |
[05:11] | Well,I assume ascalpel was involved. | 他明显是动过手术了 |
[05:14] | Uh,chief,in — in here. | 队长 这儿 |
[05:16] | Oh! Did everything go okay with detective andrews at the train station? | 哦! 去火车站接警探Andrews还顺利吗? |
[05:20] | Well,actually,uh,as it turns out,chief, | 那个…事实上 事情是这样的 头 |
[05:24] | he isn’t exactly…Available. | 他 他做不成证了 |
[05:27] | – Well,at least notallof him. – Shut up,flynn. | – 至少有一部分做不成了 – 闭嘴 Flynn |
[05:30] | I – I know that I told you I would handle everything,and… | 我…我之前承诺过我会搞定一切的 |
[05:39] | – That’s detective andrews? – It is. | – 这是Andrews警探? – 正是 |
[05:41] | – Oh,for heaven’s sakes. – Heaven had nothing to do with this. | – 哦天啊 – 这跟老天没关系 |
[05:44] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[05:45] | Is it just the dress,or did he,you know,goallthe way? | 他是只穿了女人的衣服 还是完全变成女人了? |
[05:48] | Oh,yeah,he’s areallady. | 完全变成女人了 |
[05:51] | And I can’t put detective andrews on the stand like that. | 我不能让警探Andrews打扮成女人作证 |
[05:53] | Brenda: why not?We need her testimony,not her testicles. | 我们要的是他的证词又不是他的睾丸 |
[05:56] | All osgood’s lawyers need to say | Osgood的律师到时候只要说 |
[05:58] | is that if andrews was confused about his gender, | 要是Andrews连自己的性别都搞不清楚 |
[06:00] | maybe he was also confused about what osgood told him. | 怎么搞得清Osgood跟他说了什么呢 |
[06:03] | Hobbs is right. It goes to credibility. | Hobbs说得对 这关乎可信性 |
[06:05] | But…detective andrews is the only person who can testify | 可是…只有Andrews警探能证明 |
[06:09] | to osgood’s spontaneous and unrecorded confession.who can testify | Osgood确实招供了 |
[06:13] | Look,if we were trying this case in santa monica,i’d say,”roll the dice,” but we’re not. | 要是我们在圣莫妮卡办这案子 我会建议碰碰运气 但是我们不是 |
[06:17] | We’re in the north valley on this one. | 因为我们在北谷审这个案子 |
[06:18] | The jury there will never see past detective andrews’ makeup. | 陪审团看到Andrews警探这打扮 绝对没戏 |
[06:21] | And osgood’s son has hired some of the best defense attorneys around. | 而且Osgood的儿子请了最牛的辩护律师 |
[06:24] | So you’re just gonna let a murder go free? | 那你们就打算让凶手逍遥法外? |
[06:26] | Well,I believe the thought was that maybe we should try to get george to take the stand as a man. | 我觉得我们必须让George变回男儿身 出庭作证 |
[06:31] | Pope: right.And since this is your case… | 好吧 既然这是你的案子 |
[06:34] | You wantme | 你要我… |
[06:36] | to talk detective andrews out of his dress?I’ve never even met him — her. | 说服他变回男儿身出庭作证? 我压根就不认识他…她 |
[06:40] | That’s why lieutenant provenza will accompany you. | 所以Provenza副队会陪你一起的 |
[06:42] | Buzz,you got any duct tape in here? | Buzz你这儿有胶带吗? |
[06:44] | Yeah,the second drawer of that cabinet. | 有 第二个抽屉里 |
[06:47] | The sooner you convince andrews,the sooner we head to the hills. | 越早说服他我们就能越早去渡假 |
[06:57] | All right,everyone,get busy! | 好啦 所有人 开工 |
[06:59] | This is not a zoo — I mean it. | 这儿又不是动物园 我认真的 |
[07:01] | Unh,unh! Sanchez,not a word. | 嘘! Sanchez 闭嘴 |
[07:08] | Detective andrews… | Andrews警探… |
[07:10] | I’m deputy chief brenda leigh johnson.It is such a pleasure to meet you. | 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson副局长 很高兴见到你 |
[07:14] | Oh,well,the pleasure ismine. | 哦我的荣幸才对 |
[07:16] | I love your parka. | 外套很漂亮啊 |
[07:17] | Oh. Oh,thank you. | 哦 多谢 |
[07:18] | It’s for…skiing. | 是用来…滑雪的 |
[07:21] | hmm. Anyway,um,welcome back. | 呃 欢迎回来 |
[07:23] | Oh. That’s nice of you to say. | 哦 你真是贴心啊 |
[07:25] | And I guess I should apologize for showing up,uh… | 我不告而来真是… |
[07:29] | Unannounced. | 对不起 |
[07:30] | But when this case was overturned, | 但我听说这个案子判决被推翻了 |
[07:35] | to,uh,put aside my — My personal worries. | 我就撇开了个人的顾虑 |
[07:38] | No apology necessary. | 不必抱歉 |
[07:40] | Um,why don’t you have a seat? | 干嘛站着呢 坐吧 |
[07:42] | Oh,thank you. | 哦 多谢 |
[07:47] | Because,uh,a – as you know, | 呃 正如你所知 |
[07:49] | we no longer possess the clinical sample of the morphine used in the murder. | 我们没有保存谋杀案里使用的吗啡的 实验临床样本 |
[07:53] | And since you did such excellent work in obtaining that spontaneous confession, | 而且鉴于你出色地获得了自首的供词 |
[07:57] | we also never got anyotherevidence. | 我们也没有其他的证据 |
[08:02] | So,um… | 因此… |
[08:05] | There are some…concerns on the part of the d.a. — | 检察官有些担心…她认为 |
[08:08] | Oh,for god’s sake! | 哦 我的天啊! |
[08:09] | Here’s the deal — | 是这样的 |
[08:11] | You can’t take the stand looking like that,george. | 你不能就这样子出去作证 |
[08:14] | So,strap ’em down. | 恢复男人的样子 |
[08:15] | Lose the dress. Cut the hair. | 把裙子脱掉 头发剪了 |
[08:17] | Man up! | 拿出点男子气概! |
[08:20] | Sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that. | 不好意思 我办不到 |
[08:22] | What — you’d rather walk around here,waving those fun bags in the air?! | 什么? 你情愿在这里女里女气地闲晃 |
[08:25] | All right,lieutenant,that’s enough! That’s not what I’m saying!Let me explain,please. | – 够了 副队 够了 听我解释 – 这不是我的意思 |
[08:29] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[08:35] | Detective andrews,d.a. Hobbs feels that she cannot put you on the stand as a woman. | 警探Andrews Hobbs认为 你作为一个女性出庭作证不甚妥当 |
[08:43] | Well,I’m very sorry to hear you say that, | 那我很抱歉 |
[08:46] | because I absolutely refuse to participate in this trial dressed up like a man! | 但我是绝对不会穿成个男人的样子 出庭作证的 |
[08:51] | Not only would I be committing perjury, | 因为这样做不仅是在作伪证 |
[08:53] | i’d be lying to myself,and I’ve gone to a great deal of trouble not to do that anymore. | 我更是在欺骗自己 我已经克服重重困难 不再这样做了 |
[08:58] | Oh,lord have mercy! | 哦主啊 可怜可怜我吧! |
[09:00] | So,now what? | 那么接下来怎么办? |
[09:02] | We wait. She’s a woman now. | 我们只有等了 她现在是个女人 |
[09:05] | Maybe she’ll change her mind. | 或许她会改变主意 |
[09:07] | so…Enjoy the protests. Uh… | 好好享受申辩吧 |
[09:10] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[09:12] | You know,andrews, | 你知道吗 Andrews |
[09:14] | when those doctors cut your balls off, | 那些医生帮你变成女人的时候 |
[09:16] | you should have had them pull the stick out of your ass at the same time! | 你真应该让他们做得彻底一点 |
[09:21] | You –You… | 你… |
[09:25] | Of all people — you. | 你竟然…. |
[09:28] | i… | 我… |
[09:29] | i… | 我… |
[09:33] | What’s happening? What — | 怎么了 发生什么了? |
[09:35] | What’s he doing? | 他在干嘛? |
[09:36] | What do you think she’s doing? She’s crying.You’ve hurt her feelings. | 你觉得她干吗呢? 她哭了 你伤她感情了! |
[09:39] | – Feelings?! – Yes,my feelings! | – 感情? – 对! 我感情! |
[09:42] | You — You insensitive bastard. | 你个冷漠的人渣! |
[09:46] | I came here despite enormous fears, | 不管多害怕 我还是来了 |
[09:49] | because I wanted to do the right thing,and you’ve done nothing but insult me since I stepped off that train. | 因为我想做正确的事情 而你呢 从我一下火车 你除了侮辱我什么都没干! |
[09:55] | Well,I’m not going to let you bully me | 我不会让你逼我 |
[09:57] | into raising my hand and swearing that I’m aman. | 举起手来 发誓我是个男人! |
[10:02] | I won’t do it! | 我绝不会! |
[10:06] | I can’t.I can’t. | 我做不到 我根本做不到 |
[10:12] | Oh,of course you can’t. | 我很能理解 |
[10:14] | Oh,I’m so sorry. i… | 不好意思 我… |
[10:18] | Great. So now we have no case. | 这下好了 我们啥证据都没有了 |
[10:21] | yep,And no travel insurance. | 嗯 也没旅游保险 |
[10:33] | So,is hobbs gonna dismiss the case? | 那Hobbs会撤诉吗? |
[10:35] | Um,not quite yet. | 还说不定呢 |
[10:38] | Um,provided lieutenant provenza treats her better,detective andrews has agreed to stay. | 因为Provenza副队答应对她好点儿 Andrews警探答应留下来 |
[10:44] | M – maybe she can help us find something other than the spontaneous confession other than the spontaneous confession | 除了嫌疑人的自供外 也许她能帮我们找到其他证据 |
[10:50] | So you’re not going,then. | 那你就不去了? |
[10:51] | I can’t. I’m sorry.Well,why don’t we reschedule? | 我去不了了 对不起嘛 我们重约个时间再去吧? |
[10:55] | No,no,no. It’s okay. | 不了 没关系的 |
[10:57] | I – I know how much you were looking forward to us learning how to ski. | 你知道你超期待咱俩去学滑雪的 |
[11:01] | Oh,I’m still going. | 我还是会去啊 |
[11:03] | huh? | 啊? |
[11:04] | We already bought the package — | 我们什么都付过钱了啊 |
[11:05] | The hotel room, | 酒店 |
[11:07] | the lessons,the — | 滑雪课 |
[11:08] | The massages. | 还有按摩 |
[11:11] | It’s all been paid for. | 都已经付钱了 |
[11:12] | Oh,but you — You can’t go without me. | 但是我不去你也不能去啊 |
[11:14] | Oh,I’ll just drop joel at home,and I’ll e-mail you some pictures — yeah. | 我带Joel回家去 我会给你发照片的 |
[11:17] | oh! Have a nice murder. | 享受你的谋杀案吧 |
[11:20] | We bought massages? | 我们还订了按摩了? |
[11:24] | In the seven weeks doris osgood spent impersonating a nurse in order to care for charles billings, | 在Doris假扮护士来照顾 Charles Billings的这七周里 |
[11:31] | she forged her signature on 23 checks and took out seven credit cards in his name. | 她仿造签名签了23张支票 还以他的名义提空了7张信用卡 |
[11:37] | In all,she managed to steal almost $55,000. | 合起来她总共偷了差不多5万5千美元 |
[11:43] | Uh,billings had five grown kids, | Billings有五个孩子 都成年了 |
[11:46] | uh,but none of them noticed the theft because they were ripping him off,too. | 但是没人注意到失窃 因为他们也都从他那儿偷钱 |
[11:51] | But the old man finally got suspicious. | 但是最后那老头还是起疑心了 |
[11:52] | That’s why she killed him. | 所以她把他杀了 |
[11:54] | A few days later,she tried selling his chagall, | 过了几天 她想把他的夏加尔画卖掉时 |
[11:57] | but the dealer she took it to called the police. | 画商打电话报了警 |
[12:00] | Uh,we got an autopsy. | 我们做了尸检 |
[12:02] | Uh,oxy lab found the excessive dose of morphine in billings’ system. | 药检发现Billings体内有过量的吗啡 |
[12:07] | – Questions,anyone? – Uh,yes. | – 大家有问题吗? – 有 |
[12:09] | Uh,detective andrews,sir — | Andrews警探先生 |
[12:11] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[12:13] | What happened to your penis? | 你的阴茎怎么了? |
[12:16] | Detective sanchez,that is not an appropriate question! | Sanchez警探 你的问题很失礼! |
[12:18] | No,no,no,no. It’s fine,chief johnson. | 没关系没关系 Johnson探长 |
[12:20] | In fact,I’d like to answer,if it’s okay with you. | 如果你同意 其实我挺愿意回答的 |
[12:25] | Interestingly enough,detective,I still have a lot of the same equipment I had prior to the surgery. | 很有意思的是 我现在和手术前有很多器官都一样的 |
[12:30] | It’s just been inverted… | 只不过是被折了回去 |
[12:34] | …and,uh,refashioned | 重做了个样子 |
[12:35] | to look pretty much like any other woman’s sex organs. | 这样就和其他女人的性器官看着差不多了 |
[12:37] | In fact,the advances they’ve made in vaginoplasty are truly amazing. | 事实上 他们在阴道成形术上的发展真是快得惊人 |
[12:45] | Okay,that’s very informative. | 好了 我们都学到了很多 |
[12:46] | – Uh,one second,chief. – Thank you so much. | – 等一下 探长 – 十分感谢你 |
[12:48] | So,do you likemen or women now? | 你现在喜欢男人还是女人啊? |
[12:52] | As a matter of fact,I still like women. | 事实上我还是喜欢女人 |
[12:54] | What? | 什么? |
[12:57] | What? | 你刚说什么? |
[12:59] | You had a sex change to become a lesbian? | 你去做变性手术是为了成为女同? |
[13:03] | The change I underwent had nothing to do with my sexual preference. | 我去做手术和我的性取向没关系 |
[13:07] | It was more about how I identified with the world personally, | 做手术是和我的世界观有关 |
[13:11] | and you weren’t bothered that I was a lesbian when I was a guy. | 我要是作为男儿身 却是女同性恋 也不会气到你啊 |
[13:15] | Oh,I’m sorry.All I heard was,”blah,blah,blah,lesbian.” | 不好意思 我除了”女同性恋”什么都没听到 |
[13:19] | Do you currently have a girlfriend? | 你目前有女朋友吗? |
[13:22] | Uh,detective sanchez… Enough. | Sanchez警探 够了! |
[13:26] | Detective andrews,um,doris osgood never really wasa registered nurse –Is that correct? | Andrews警探 Doris Osgood从来就不是 真正的注册护士 是这样吗? |
[13:31] | Yes,it turns out osgood stole the identity of an r.n. Named jane wesh, | 是的 Osgood是偷了一个 叫Jane Wesh的注册护士的身份 |
[13:37] | and she used her credentials to land a position at the doctor’s office where charles billings was a patient. | 然后用她的资历在 Charles Billings就诊的诊所找了份工作 |
[13:42] | And when billings need home care,osgood volunteered. | 然后Billings需要家庭护理的时候 Osgood就自告奋勇去了 |
[13:46] | Wow. She really thought this thing out. | 哇哦 她还真是计划周全啊 |
[13:48] | Mm,and she was good at it,too — | 而且她也做得很好 |
[13:50] | Playing nurse,I mean — | 我是说护理工作 |
[13:52] | In fact,so good,I thought she may have pulled the scam before. | 好到让我都怀疑她之前耍过一样的花招 |
[13:56] | But her confession got her life without parole,so we — We never pursued it. | 但是她被判了终身监禁不得假释 所以我们就从没深追过 |
[14:00] | I mean,if we had any priors,we wouldn’t need osgood’s confession. | 如果她有案底的话 就根本用不上Osgood的供词了 |
[14:02] | Well,wehave osgood’s confession. | 我们有Osgood的供词呢! |
[14:05] | Just because empty pants here won’t bite the bullet and put on the clothes that he was born to wear | 哪怕是这个假男人 不能忍受穿他本应该穿的衣服 |
[14:10] | doesn’t mean that we can’t have somebody read his testimony in court. | 我们也能找人出庭念他的供词啊 |
[14:15] | I believe you can only do that if he isn’t available. | 我确信只有他没法出庭时你才能这么做 |
[14:18] | He-eisn’tavailable! | “他” 就是出不了庭! |
[14:20] | This isnot what we agreed to. | 我们可不是这么说好的 |
[14:22] | Lieutenant,that is enough. | 副队 够了! |
[14:24] | Detective andrews is here on behalf of the l.a.p.d., | Andrews警探是代表洛城警局来的 |
[14:27] | and he’s entitled to asupportiveworkplace. | 大家应该配合他 |
[14:30] | Plus,I was really looking forward to staying at your house while I was here. | 而且在我待这儿的时间 我很想能住在你家 |
[14:33] | All right. All right.My house — fine. Just –Just don’t…cry again, | 行行行 我家就我家 只要你别再哭了 |
[14:39] | please,god. | 上帝啊 行行好! |
[14:42] | How old is this picture of doris osgood? | Doris Osgood的这张照片什么时候照的? |
[14:44] | Just a few weeks.Lompoc took it before she was sent back to county. | 几周前吧 送回监狱之前Lompoc警察给拍的 |
[14:47] | Is there anything older in her file? | 她的档案里有更早的照片吗? |
[14:49] | Uh,just an old dmv photo and an old booking photo from 2002. | 有张驾照上的老照片 还有张02年的逮捕照 |
[14:56] | If billings wasn’t her first victim, | 如果Billings不是她第一个受害者 |
[14:58] | maybe there are others out there she murdered the same way. | 也许还有别人以相同方式被她杀害 |
[15:01] | Uh,let’s get ahold of ramos and have him publish these pictures in the paper. | 去找Ramos来 让他在报纸上刊登这些照片 |
[15:04] | Maybe someone remembers doris osgood as a very bad nurse. | 也许在有些人的记忆里 Osgood是个黑心护士呢 |
[15:07] | Chief,might I suggest that you publish some additional photos of osgood? | 探长 我建议多刊登点儿Osgood的照片 |
[15:11] | You never know exactly how much someone’s appearance might have changed over time. | 我们永远不知道 人的长相随着时间会改变多少 |
[15:16] | D.a. Hobbs mentioned that doris osgood’s son | Hobbs检察官说Doris Osgood的儿子 |
[15:19] | was very involved in her defense. | 在她辩护上花了很多功夫 |
[15:21] | Why don’t we invite him to stop by?Maybe he can help us find some more pictures of his mom. | 我们为什么不请他来呢? 也许他能帮我们找些他母亲的照片 |
[15:25] | Uh,chief,we’re the enemy. | 探长 我们是对头 |
[15:27] | Why would osgood’s son want to help us? | Osgood的儿子为什么会帮我们? |
[15:30] | Mr. Osgood,we believe that some mistakes may have been made in the investigation of your mother’s case, | Osgood先生 我们相信你母亲的案子 调查过程中有些问题 |
[15:35] | even beyond this whole oxy lab mess. | 不仅仅是Oxy实验室的乱子 |
[15:37] | A mistake like sending an innocent woman to prison for the rest of her life? | 什么问题? 你们把一个无辜的女人 下半辈子都关进了监牢? |
[15:40] | Well,if that’s what happened,sir, | 先生 如果是这样的话 |
[15:41] | the last thing the justice system would want is to put your mother back in jail. | 司法系统最不希望让您母亲再受牢狱之灾 |
[15:46] | Why should I believe that? | 我为什么要相信这些? |
[15:48] | Well,I-I’ve been studying your mother’s case and… | 我在研究您母亲的案子… |
[15:52] | Have a seat,ma’am. | 坐着吧 女士 |
[15:53] | Oh,thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[15:55] | …opened credit cards in Mr. Billings’ name, | 她以Billings的名义开了信用卡 |
[15:57] | tried to fence a chagall from his art collection, | 想把一幅夏加尔的画在黑市上卖了 |
[16:00] | stole the identity of an r.n.,and impersonated a nurse, | 假扮护士 |
[16:03] | it doesn’t necessarily follow that she murdered the poor old man. | 都不能说明她杀了他阿 |
[16:05] | He could have just as easily up and died of natural causes. | 他也许就寿终正寝自然死亡了呢 |
[16:08] | Okay,now,see,that’s what I’ve been saying | 是的 听着 我也一直是这样给别人说的 |
[16:10] | to anyone who would listen for the last seven years. | 在这七年里 我一直对肯听这事的人这么说 |
[16:13] | My mother did nothing but try her very best to take care of Mr. Billings. | 我母亲一心一意照顾Billings先生 |
[16:17] | Yeah,until she killed him. | 是啊 然后就杀了他 |
[16:18] | Believe me — If she had her choice, | 相信我 如果她能选择的话 |
[16:19] | mom would have been off to nursing school so fast… | 妈妈早都去上护士学校了 |
[16:22] | So,she always wanted to work in the healthcare industry? | 她一直都想从事护理工作吗? |
[16:24] | Oh,yeah,but she gave up on that to put me through college. | 是的 但是为了供我上大学她放弃了 |
[16:27] | My mom wanted tosavelives,notendthem. | 母亲是想救人性命 不是想杀人害命啊 |
[16:30] | That’s why I can’t stop till I prove she’s innocent, | 所以 我才一直坚持要证明她的清白 |
[16:33] | why I’ve hired new lawyers,filed these appeals. | 所以我一直找律师 申请上诉 |
[16:35] | It’s taken nearly every penny I have. | 我都要花光全部家当了 |
[16:37] | Well,it’s been money well spent,sir,because she’s almost free. | 你的钱花的都是值的 她马上要自由了 |
[16:41] | If it weren’t for that confession… | 如果不是因为那份供词的话 |
[16:42] | She didn’tconfess. | 她才没招供! |
[16:44] | That cop — | 那个警察… |
[16:47] | He propositioned my mom,to put it nicely. | 说好听点 他引诱了我母亲 |
[16:50] | And when she turned him down,he got so angry,he lied | 我母亲拒绝后 他恼羞成怒 所以他撒谎了 |
[16:54] | and said she admitted to murdering billings. | 他说她承认杀害了Billings |
[16:57] | So… | 喂… |
[16:58] | Was osgood your type? | 你喜欢Osgood这型儿的吗? |
[17:00] | Mnh,not so much. | 不太喜 |
[17:01] | I’ve always been more into blond,bossy gals. | 我一直都喜欢金发的 专横的那种 |
[17:04] | Well,I apologize for that,sir.And the officer who arrested your mom doesn’t work here anymore. | 先生 这我很抱歉 逮捕你母亲的警察已经不在这儿工作了 |
[17:09] | So,let’s see if we can set the record straight. | 让我们来看看能不能把问题弄清 |
[17:12] | What can I do to help you here? | 我能做些什么? |
[17:14] | Well,if we could track back through your mother’s employment history | 如果我们能了解你母亲工作的所有历史 |
[17:18] | and find that there’s no other evidence of theft or fraud, | 能确认她没有其他的盗窃或者诈骗史 |
[17:20] | we probably could convince the district attorney to drop all charges. | 也许我们能说服检察官放弃公诉 |
[17:25] | Seriously?This could happen? | 真的? 这可能吗? |
[17:28] | If we could talk to some of the people that she worked for prior to billings, | 如果我们能跟她 在Billings之前的雇主谈谈的话 |
[17:31] | if you rember their names… | 如果你还记得他们的名字… |
[17:32] | Oh,I know them all. | 我都记着呢 |
[17:34] | Do you want her last job to her first? | 你要我一个个说吗? |
[17:35] | That would be wonderful. | 再好不过了 |
[17:37] | She worked at city mutual bank for a while. | 她在市互助银行工作了一阵子 |
[17:39] | And not only did she not steal anything, | 她不仅什么都没偷 |
[17:42] | mom was employee of the month three times. | 而且三次当选当月最佳雇员 |
[17:45] | Brenda: good for her. | 不错啊 |
[17:46] | Gabriel: and before that? | 在这之前呢? |
[17:48] | She was an assistant manager at mondro tech in the valley. | 她在硅谷的Mondro科技公司做副经理 |
[17:51] | She did data entry for a beverly hills law firm — | 她为贝弗利山的一家律师事务所 做数据输入 |
[17:54] | Sustin & raber. | 是Sustin和Raber律所 |
[17:55] | And she worked as an assistant administrator at tech “u”for two years. | 还在科大做了两年的行政助理 |
[18:00] | And before that,she drove for goody’s limo company in the valley. | 在这之前 她在硅谷Goody豪华轿车公司做司机 |
[18:05] | And,uh,she sold used cars for murphy’s preowned sedans. | 还卖旧车 |
[18:09] | That’s the thing,you know? | 就是这样 |
[18:11] | Mom was always searching, | 母亲在不停的探索 |
[18:13] | going from job to job,taking care of me, | 做各种工作 抚养我 |
[18:16] | without ever having time to really find herself. | 根本没有时间来找寻真正的自己 |
[18:22] | This isn’t a story,just — Just a bunch of pictures. | 这不是个故事 只是一堆照片而已 |
[18:25] | What do you mean? It’s agreatstory. | 说什么呢? 这可是个好故事 |
[18:27] | Or it will be,when your newspaper helps us identify doris osgood’s other victims. | 或者说 如果你的报纸能帮我找到 Osgood的其他受害者 这就是个好故事 |
[18:33] | If thereareother victims. | 如果真的有其他受害者的话才是 |
[18:35] | Mr. Ramos,in the interests of public safety,your newspaper is obligated — | Ramos先生 为了公众安全 你的报纸有义务… |
[18:38] | From the little I understand,commander,osgood’s danger to the public is highly speculative at this point. | 我才疏学浅 队长 但是Osgood对公众的危险性还有待商榷 |
[18:42] | And if it turns out that she isn’t guilty,is highly speculative at this point. | 她是否有罪还有待商榷 要是她无罪 我们这就是诽谤 |
[18:46] | So,if you want the pictures published, | 所以 如果你们想发布这些照片 |
[18:48] | buy an ad. | 来做广告吧 |
[18:50] | Unh-unh,there’s no money for that. | 呃 没有做广告的钱 |
[18:52] | Okay,then you can be really radical and letms.andrews testify as a woman. | 好吧 你就冒个险 那就让Andrews作为个女性去作证吧 |
[18:59] | Yeah,good,fine. Okay. It’s an ad. | 对 好吧 广告就广告 |
[19:02] | Great. | 太好了 |
[19:03] | I highly recommend the double page at the center fold,just to grab people’s attention — | 我强烈推荐最中间连在一起的两页 可以引起注意 |
[19:06] | Full color,of course. | 当然 全彩色 |
[19:07] | Of course. Thanks,ricardo. | 当然 谢谢你 Ricardo |
[19:09] | You know,listen,I might be able to,uh,get you a discount | 呃 如果你告诉我这位Andrews女士是谁 |
[19:11] | – if you want to let me know who this ms. Andrews really is.- Bye-bye. | – 我会考虑给你打个折 – 再见 |
[19:14] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[20:15] | Georgette: morning,louie. | 早上好 Louie |
[20:20] | Look at that. | 哇 |
[20:23] | I’m surprised pope sprang for it. | 真想不到Pope竟然买单了 |
[20:25] | Well,chief johnson gets what she wants. | 头总能得到她想要的 |
[20:28] | Well,with a caboose like that,of course she does. | 那么好看的屁股 当然了 |
[20:32] | Do you think the ad’s gonna work? | 你觉得广告会管用吗? |
[20:34] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢? |
[20:36] | Of course,wouldn’t have to worry about it if you’d stop screwing around and do what’sright. | 当然 如果你不在这捣乱干点正经事 我们也不需要操这份心 |
[20:40] | Oh,come on. We had an agreement. You were going to be — | 噢 别这样 我们说好的 你会… |
[20:43] | Did you think you could just sashay off the train | 你真觉得你变个样子以后 |
[20:45] | and everything would be like old times? | 所有事还会跟原来一样? |
[20:47] | We’re old friends,louie. | 我们是老友了 Louie |
[20:49] | No! No,I was friends with a guy named george, | 不是! 我跟一个名叫George的男人才是好友 |
[20:52] | who doesn’t exist anymore. | 而他已经不存在了 |
[20:54] | Maybe he never did exist. | 也许他从没存在过 |
[20:58] | Maybe one of the greatest confessions in the history of the l.a.p.d. Never existed! | 也许我们洛杉矶警局最漂亮的自白 从来就没存在过! |
[21:04] | Nobody else ever heard doris osgood say — | 没有别人听过Doris Osgood说… |
[21:08] | All right,that’s really low! | 够了 这太卑鄙了! |
[21:09] | You know I was much too good a cop to file a false confession! | 你知道我不是那种 伪造证词的警察 |
[21:13] | And,yes,I look different. | 是的 我看起来是不同了 |
[21:16] | I’m not a man anymore, | 我已经不是男人了 |
[21:17] | which means I don’t pee standing up. | 也不站着尿尿了 |
[21:20] | I wear a dress instead of a suit.I walk differently. | 我穿裙子而不是西装 我走路都不同了 |
[21:23] | I’ve changed how I do a lot of things,but not what’s in my heart! | 我改变了很多做事方式 但我的内心没变! |
[21:31] | I’ve always been your friend,louie. | 我永远都是你的朋友 Louie |
[21:34] | You can’t turn your back on all the years. | 你不能否认我们那么多年的感情 |
[21:39] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[21:40] | You’re not even listening. | 你根本没在听 |
[21:41] | The second people start talking about their feelings,you — | 别人一说自己的感受 你就… |
[21:44] | No. No,no. Wait. | 不是 不是 等等 |
[21:47] | Wait. We were thinking doris osgood only changed her appearance. | 我们以为Doris Osgood 只改变了她的样貌 |
[21:52] | Right. | 对 |
[21:52] | Maybe it was more than that. | 也许不止这样 |
[21:54] | Maybe we caught her doing to billings what she had done to other people | 也许我们因为她杀了Billings而抓她 但她还杀了别人 |
[21:57] | because she not only changed what she looked like… | 因为她不仅改变了样貌… |
[22:02] | She changed her entire m.o. | 还改变了作案手法 |
[22:07] | Oh,yes. | 对 |
[22:11] | We’ve had four callers responding to our ad so far, | 目前为止有四个人打电话给我们 |
[22:14] | and each one remembers doris osgood providing care to a rich old family member as a nurse, | 每个人都说记得Doris Osgood 照顾一个年老富有的亲属 |
[22:19] | and in each case,the patient supposedly died of natural causes. | 而且每件案子里病人都是自然死亡 |
[22:23] | Well,somehow,she did something differently with billings. | 但不知为何 Billings的死却不是这样 |
[22:26] | That’swhy we caught her. | 所以我们才抓到她 |
[22:28] | Each of them knew osgood by a different name, | Osgood每次都用得不同的化名 |
[22:30] | names that we were able to confirm were actual r.n.s working here in los angeles county. | 我们确认过 那些人都是洛杉矶郡的注册护士 |
[22:35] | So she stole their identities,too.That’s exactly the same m.o. | 所以她也盗取了她们的身份 这个作案手法一直没变 |
[22:38] | Gabriel: no,it’s not.Osgood got the job with billings by working at his doctor’s office, | 不是这样 Osgood在Billings的 医生办公室工作才得到这份工作 |
[22:42] | but each of the callers said that she was referred to them by an agency that no longer exists — | 但是打电话来的所有人都说她是被 一所已不存在的中介推荐过去的 |
[22:47] | An rn home aid? | 医护助理所? |
[22:49] | See? See? That’s what we’re saying. | 看见没? 就是这样 |
[22:52] | Well,a-as fascinating as that may be,lieutenant, | 好 即使正如你所说 副队 |
[22:55] | how would knowing that she changed her m.o. | 她改变了作案手法 |
[22:57] | Get us any closer to tying her to a murder? | 怎么能定罪呢? |
[23:00] | We — we don’t know that yet, | 我们…还不知道 |
[23:02] | but it’s the key — I’m sure. | 但我肯定这是关键 |
[23:10] | Chief,I got a woman on the phone who says she thinks osgood murdered her father in 2001. | 头 有位女士打电话说她觉得Osgood 在2001年杀了她爸爸 |
[23:23] | Ms. Casey,thank you so much for coming in to visit with us. | Casey女士 谢谢你到这来 |
[23:26] | I’m deputy chief johnson. | 我是Johnson副局长 |
[23:28] | Oh,it’s nothing,dear. | 没事 亲爱的 |
[23:29] | Now that I get all my programs recorded, | 我想看的节目都会录下来 |
[23:33] | I don’t have to Miss anything. | 啥也不会错过 |
[23:35] | Oh,that’s good. | 太好了 |
[23:36] | And,now,I’m told that you’re here today | 你来这是为了 |
[23:39] | in response to the photographs that we put in the paper this morning? | 我们今早在报纸上登的照片的事是吗? |
[23:42] | Yes,that’s right. I knew that woman was a menace. | 是的 对 那个女人很危险 |
[23:46] | And by “that woman,” you mean,uh,Mrs. Doris osgood, | “那个女人” 你是指Doris Osgood女士 |
[23:50] | the woman you knew as nurse linda parker? | 她谎称自己是护士Linda Parker |
[23:53] | Yes…Right again.I remember her. | 是的 对 我记得她 |
[23:57] | She had all her paperwork — | 她的资料齐全 |
[23:59] | Social security number,a nurse’s license, | 社保号 护士执照 |
[24:02] | and even a referral from the agency. | 还有一封推荐信 |
[24:06] | And that would be rn home aid? | 来自医护助理所? |
[24:08] | You’re 3 for 3. | 你全答对了 |
[24:10] | And what led you to use their services? | 你为什么会雇她? |
[24:13] | Oh,I think — I think there was an issue with one of the other nurses we had hired, | 我觉得… 她的前任有点问题 |
[24:18] | and daddy’s insurance company recommended that we replace her. | 然后我爸爸的保险公司就建议我们 换一个人 |
[24:22] | Andtheygave you the name of the agency? | 然后就把这家机构介绍给你们? |
[24:25] | That I can’t recall. | 我不记得了 |
[24:28] | You said a moment ago that doris osgood was a “menace.” | 你刚刚说Doris Osgood很”危险” |
[24:31] | Can you tell me what you mean by that? | 这是什么意思? |
[24:34] | A monet disappeared from my daddy’s art collection | 我爸爸因为摔下楼梯而死的第二天 |
[24:38] | the day after he fell down the stairs and died. | 他的收藏里有一幅莫奈的作品不见了 |
[24:42] | And I suspected thatwoman had taken it. | 我怀疑是那个女人偷的 |
[24:46] | So what did you do? | 那你怎么做的? |
[24:48] | I contacted the insurance company, | 我联系了保险公司 |
[24:50] | and one of their security people got the painting back, | 然后他们的一名员工把画弄了回来 |
[24:54] | and he put the blame on one of our gardeners, | 然后说是一个花农干的 |
[24:56] | who fled to mexico to avoid arrest. | 他逃到墨西哥去了 |
[24:58] | Where are you going? | 你去哪? |
[24:59] | Well,I’m gonna go see if I can talk to the guy who brought that painting back. | 看看能不能找那个把画还回来的人谈谈 |
[25:02] | I can’t imagine how he got there. | 不知道他怎么回去的 |
[25:04] | Um… The man didn’t even have a car! | 他连辆车都没有! |
[25:06] | You want to come with me? | 你愿意跟我一起吗? |
[25:07] | – Let’s go. – He must have fled on foot! | – 走吧 – 他肯定是跑走的! |
[25:09] | Some of them do that,you know. | 真有那样的人 |
[25:12] | But I never believed | 但我不相信 |
[25:14] | that gardener knew the value of the monet, | 那个花农会知道莫奈的价值 |
[25:17] | even though theywerewater lies. | 即使那是那么美的睡莲 |
[25:23] | Uh,you said your father fell down the stairs. | 你说你爸爸从楼梯摔下来 |
[25:25] | Was there an investigation made into his death? | 你对他的死因进行过调查吗? |
[25:28] | Thereshouldhave been,don’t you think? | 应该有的 是吧? |
[25:31] | My daddy was confined to a wheelchair for months. | 我爸爸做了几个月的轮椅了 |
[25:35] | He was so terrified of the steps.Why he rode himself to the edge of the stairway i’ll never know. | 他很怕楼梯 我想不通 他怎么会到楼梯边去 |
[25:47] | Uh,detective gabriel,I want exhumation orders on all of the patients that we can trace back to doris osgood. | Gabriel警探 让人把Doris Osgood 所有病人的尸体都挖出来 |
[25:52] | Are we clearing this with chief pope? | Pope局长同意了? |
[25:54] | I will,just as soon as I’m done. | 事情办完我会跟他说的 |
[25:56] | Mm,nice shoes. | 恩 好漂亮的鞋 |
[25:57] | Oh! Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:17] | You’re familiar with Mr. Casey. | Casey先生你已经认识了 |
[26:19] | He had several broken bones,indicative of a bad fall. | 他有几处骨折 说明摔得很严重 |
[26:23] | Can’t say whether he was pushed down the stairs that we can trace back to doris osgood. | 说不清他是被推下去的 还是不小心滑下去的 |
[26:26] | Next,patients 2 and 3– | 接下来 2号和3号病人 |
[26:29] | Death certificates say they died of natural causes,but,frankly,when you dig up bodies this old, | 死亡报告书说他们是自然死亡 但是 坦白说 挖出那么老的尸体来 |
[26:34] | you’d be better off taking them to an archaeologist. | 还是交给考古学家看看 |
[26:37] | Could you do a tox screen on their bones,just in case? | 能给他们做个药检吗? 以防万一 |
[26:41] | Could you give me a hand? | 能给我一只手么? |
[26:46] | Thank you. Moving on. | 谢谢 继续 |
[26:49] | Patient 4– | 4号病人 |
[26:51] | Death certificate says “natural causes,”but — detective. | 死亡报告书说”自然死亡” 但是 |
[26:57] | Look there. | 看 |
[27:00] | hmm?Her neck is broken — | 对吧? 她的脖子断了 |
[27:02] | Not proof of homicide,but it’s hard to believe she did it on her own. | 不是谋杀的证据 但很难想象这是她自己做的 |
[27:06] | Wasn’t the — ugh — Wasn’t the body autopsied? | 没做 那尸体没做尸检吗? |
[27:09] | No,none of them were because they were all old and sick, | 没有 一个都没有 因为他们都是老人 又生病了 |
[27:13] | and each of the physicians signed off on cause of death. | 所有医生都签字认定是自然死亡 |
[27:15] | And the last body,doctor? | 最后一具尸体呢? 医生 |
[27:17] | yes. | 对 |
[27:21] | This poor lady was in a coma for two weeks prior to her death. | 这个可怜的夫人在临死前两星期 昏迷不醒 |
[27:25] | Certificate says “natural causes,”but I have my doubts | 死亡报告书说”自然死亡” 但我觉得不是 |
[27:29] | because… | 因为… |
[27:31] | Ew,what isthat? | 那是什么? |
[27:35] | It’s the cap to a nasal-spray bottle,detective. | 这是一支鼻腔喷雾的盖子 警探 |
[27:38] | I’m guessing someone shoved this down this woman’s throat,and she choked to death on it. | 我猜是谁把这插到她喉咙里 她窒息而死 |
[27:42] | I don’t see anything natural about that. | 这是哪门子自然死亡 |
[27:49] | Here you go,chief. | 给你 头 |
[27:50] | Oh,thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:53] | You exhumed five bodies?! | 你挖了五具尸体?! |
[27:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:56] | It’s crunch time for doris osgood,and for your information, | Doris Osgood案子时间紧迫 而且 |
[27:59] | three of those bodies appear to have died under suspicious circumstances. | 其中三具尸体都死于可疑因素 |
[28:04] | And you can connect osgood to those cases? | 能证明Osgood有牵连么? |
[28:05] | Well,we’re trying to. Lieutenant provenza. | 我们在找关系 Provenza副队 |
[28:08] | Well,let’s start way back at the beginning. | 我们从头开始说 |
[28:12] | Insurance companies like to do background checks on anybody who has access to the valuables of their richest clients. | 保险公司喜欢调查那些能接触 他们巨富客户的收藏品的人的背景 |
[28:19] | Housekeepers,gardeners… | 管家 花农… |
[28:21] | – Or nurses. – Exactly. | – 或者护士 – 对 |
[28:23] | Now,in each of the cases of potential murder here, | 现在这几件有可能是谋杀的案子里 |
[28:26] | uh,all of the families had different insurance companies. | 所有的家庭都有不同的保险公司 |
[28:29] | But each company contracted background checks with the same security analyst. | 但是每一家公司的信息 都来自于同一个安全分析师 |
[28:33] | And that security analyst’s name is sam osgood. | 他的名字是Sam Osgood |
[28:38] | Doris osgood’s son. | Doris Osgood的儿子 |
[28:41] | We found him because he’s the same guy who returned ms. Casey’s stolen monet. | 就是他把Casey太太那幅画还回去的 |
[28:46] | You think sam osgood is his mother’s accomplice. | 你认为Sam Osgood是他妈妈的同犯 |
[28:49] | He’s the reason that the people for whom she worked never reported anything missing. | 因为他 她妈妈工作的地方从来没有人报案 |
[28:52] | Sam osgood covered it up. | Sam Osgood帮她把事情掩盖了下来 |
[28:54] | Except with billings,where it looks like his mom was flying solo. | 除了Billings 因为他妈单飞了 |
[28:56] | And that’s the change in doris’ m.o. — | 作案手法变了! |
[28:59] | She stopped working with her son! | 她不和她儿子一起工作了! |
[29:03] | None of which proves murder. | 所以这些都不能证明是谋杀 |
[29:04] | Chief,I got doris osgood in interview 1. | 头 Doris Osgood在第一间审问室 |
[29:06] | – Oh,thank you so much,detective. – Whoa. What isshedoing here? | – 噢 谢谢你 – 她来这干嘛? |
[29:08] | We’re hoping that,with a little encouragement,mrs. Osgood might confess again. | 我们希望经过一点点鼓励 Osgood太太能再认罪一次 |
[29:12] | What — What kind of encour– | 什么…什么鼓励? |
[29:17] | Morning,fellas. Chief johnson. | 大家早上好 Johnson副局长 |
[29:19] | There’s the george that I rember. | 这才是我的George |
[29:22] | And there’s the louie I miss. | 这才是我的Louie |
[29:24] | Uh,detective gabriel,if you wouldn’t mind, | Gabriel警探 |
[29:28] | let’s get ready to bring mr. Osgood into the electronics room,please. | 请你把Osgood先生领到监控室吧 |
[29:33] | What exactly makes this different from taking the stand,detective? | 这跟出庭作证有什么不同? |
[29:36] | I’m not perjuring myself in the interview room,chief. | 在审讯室里不是做伪证 |
[29:39] | It’s just a little undercover work. | 只是卧底而已 |
[29:41] | Uh-huh,and what makes you think that… | 恩 你怎么知道… |
[29:43] | Georgecan get your confession? | George能让她认罪? |
[29:46] | Let’s call it women’s intuition. | 女人的直觉 |
[29:52] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[29:59] | Doris,nice to see you again. | Doris 很高兴再见到你 |
[30:02] | Don’t eventhinkabout it. | 省省吧 |
[30:03] | You remember lieutenant provenza. | 你应该还记得Provenza副队 |
[30:08] | Listen | 听着 |
[30:10] | what happened seven years ago,how I led you on — I- I really do apologize. | 我真的很抱歉七年前给你设陷 |
[30:15] | I know you’re much too smart to fall for that kind of thing again. | 我知道你不可能再被骗了 |
[30:20] | Oh,those eyes — | 噢 你的眼睛… |
[30:22] | Just as beautiful as I rember. | 还是那么美 |
[30:24] | And you’re still full of crap. | 你还是一样废话连篇 |
[30:27] | My son said you didn’t work here anymore. | 我儿子说你已经不在这工作了 |
[30:29] | And yet here I am. | 怎么不在 |
[30:32] | How have you been? | 你过的如何? |
[30:33] | Lonely… | 很孤独 |
[30:36] | …like you care. | 你关心才怪 |
[30:38] | These past seven years — You have no idea. | 过去的七年 你什么都不知道 |
[30:40] | I do. | 我知道 |
[30:42] | You’ve been in prison for a long time, | 你在监狱待了很长时间 |
[30:44] | and people look at you like,uh,you’re someone you’re not. | 你们把你当成罪犯对待 |
[30:49] | You have no opportunity just to be yourself. | 你只是没有机会做你自己 |
[30:51] | Doris,I can relate. | Doris 我能体会你的感受 |
[30:53] | Can we move this along,please? Oh — | 我们能不能快点 拜托了? 哦… |
[30:56] | Look,you can’t question me about the billings case without my lawyers present. | 听着 没有律师在场你们不能问我 |
[30:59] | We want to talk to you about an entirely different matter. | 我们想和你谈谈另外一件完全不同的事 |
[31:02] | – Like what? – Oh,come on,doris. | – 比如什么? – 哦 得了 Doris |
[31:04] | – We know that billings wasn’t your first target. – Lieutenant. | – 我们知道Billings不是你的第一个目标 – 副队 |
[31:06] | – I mean — I mean — Lieutenant,please. | – 我是说… 我的意思是 – 副队 拜托 |
[31:08] | You’ve been running this nurse scam for years. | 你已经利用护士行骗很多年了 |
[31:10] | Mr. Osgood,thank you so much for coming in. | Osgood先生 感谢你能来 |
[31:12] | We thought you might like to see this. | 我们想你也许想看看这个 |
[31:14] | We’ve got you nailed on at least five other incidents. | 我们已经非常确定你涉及 至少还有其他五起案子 |
[31:17] | This is not constructive. | 这样没用 |
[31:18] | – My mother?Where’s her lawyer? – We know about the agency. | – 我妈妈? 她的律师呢? – 我们知道中介的事情 |
[31:21] | – We know about the art thefts. – We talked about this. | – 艺术品偷窃 – 我们谈过这个 |
[31:23] | – Well,we do! – Have a seat,Mr. Osgood. | – 好吧 我们的确知道! – 请坐 Osgood先生 |
[31:25] | We’re about to drop the billings case.We told your mother that before we read her her rights. | 我们打算撤销Billings的案子 在我们对你母亲宣读权利之前告诉她了 |
[31:29] | Please! We know about the identity theft! | 拜托! 我们知道身份盗用的事情! |
[31:31] | I don’t know what you’re trying to pull here. | 我不知道你们想说什么 |
[31:33] | Just a second. Doris,I’m sorry. | 等一下 Doris 我很抱歉 |
[31:35] | Why don’t you give us a minute? | 让我们单独谈一下 可以吗? |
[31:48] | He can be a real jerk. I apologize. | 他是个十足的混蛋 我向你道歉 |
[31:50] | That’s him –That’s the cop she confessed tolasttime. | 是他 是上次她认罪的那个警察 |
[31:54] | – You said he didn’t work here anymore. – He doesn’t. | – 你说他不在这里工作了 – 他是不在了 |
[31:56] | Doris,you should know that I actually think that the other five thefts | Doris 你应该知道 事实上 我认为另外五起盗窃案 |
[32:00] | we’ve discovered are good news for you and your lawyers. | 对你和你的律师来说是个好消息 |
[32:04] | “good news.” how? | “好消息” 怎么说? |
[32:07] | This guy’s unbelievable. | 这家伙也太滑了 |
[32:09] | She’s not gonna fall for the same lies again. | 她不会再次上当的 |
[32:12] | When you told me that you killed charles billings seven years ago, | 七年前当你告诉我 是你杀了Charles Billings时 |
[32:15] | you sold your story like a pro, | 你描述得非常专业 |
[32:18] | but just between you and me, | 但私下说吧 |
[32:20] | I think you were only trying to protect your son. | 我认为你只是想保护你儿子 |
[32:23] | What? | 什么? |
[32:25] | Now,I know you love sam. | 我知道你爱Sam |
[32:26] | You think he’s been in your corner for this retrial, | 你认为这次复审他会帮你 |
[32:29] | but when he offered up the information about all those people that you robbed while impersonating a nurse… | 但他提供了你假扮护士行骗的所有信息 |
[32:35] | Why,I never… | 为什么 我从没有… |
[32:38] | – Sam wouldn’t make up things like that. – That’s a lie. | – Sam不会做这样的事 – 那是谎言 |
[32:40] | – He’s lying to her! – What are you talking about? | – 他在对她撒谎 – 你在说什么? |
[32:42] | – Your son is trying to bury you,doris… – Easy. | – Doris 你儿子想要陷害你… – 别急 |
[32:44] | …make us put you away for good so he can keep all the money. | 让你一辈子也出不来 他好独吞所有的钱 |
[32:48] | He got you those jobs.He — he picked the artwork for you to steal. | 他给你弄到那些工作 他选好艺术品让你去偷 |
[32:51] | And then sam fenced it — Isn’t that right? | 然后Sam销赃 是这样的吗? |
[32:55] | You’re a loving,trusting mother exploited by a psychotic child | 你是个充满爱与信任的母亲 却被精神病儿子利用 |
[33:01] | who’s selling you out for his own gain. | 他为了自己得利 出卖你 |
[33:03] | No. No. That can’t be true. | 不 不 不是真的 |
[33:05] | Doris…How would I know about all this if sam hadn’t told me? | Doris…如果不是Sam告诉我的 我怎么能知道这一切? |
[33:15] | And I’m truly sorry | 真的很遗憾 |
[33:18] | that I helped put you in prison,so,please,help me set you free. | 我把你关进监狱 那么 请帮我让你恢复自由 |
[33:29] | After all I gave up for him. | 我为他做了那么多牺牲… |
[33:36] | When he came up with this plan,I — | 当他提出这个计划时 我… |
[33:40] | Well,I knew it was wrong. | 好吧 我知道这是不对的 |
[33:42] | What is she saying? | 她在说什么? |
[33:43] | – When he was working for the insurance company. – Oh,my god. | – 他为保险公司工作的时候 – 哦 天哪 |
[33:46] | Yeah.They’d hired him to do background checks. | 嗯 他们雇佣他做背景调查 |
[33:49] | I was so proud of him at first. | 最初我感到非常骄傲 |
[33:50] | Background checks? On whom,exactly? | 背景调查? 对谁 具体点? |
[33:53] | Employees of their wealthy clients. | 富有客户的雇员 |
[33:55] | As a security analyst,he — | 作为安全分析员 他… |
[33:59] | He’d have acces to people’s homes,and… | 他有权进入那些人的家里 然后… |
[34:04] | And when he found a rich person who,uh,had home care — | 然后当他发现有家庭护理的富人时 |
[34:10] | And,I mean,who else could afford it? — | 还有谁能承担得起呢? |
[34:12] | He’d pretend that someone on the nursing staff was a security risk and get them fired, | 他会假装护理人员有安全问题 使他们被解雇 |
[34:18] | and then… | 然后… |
[34:20] | Well,he would refer the family to this agency that he’d set up. | 他会向这个家庭提及他建立的中介 |
[34:24] | Which was a sham,correct? | 这是个空壳 对吧? |
[34:26] | I was the only one there. | 我是那里的唯一员工 |
[34:28] | And with his position,he was… | 因为他的工作 他… |
[34:33] | Able to steal me new identies. | 可以为我偷来新的身份 |
[34:38] | Ohh,I didn’t want to do it,I swear,but when it started, | 哦 我不想做的 我发誓 当事情开始时 |
[34:45] | he told me at first that I was just finally gonna get to be a nurse. | 他说 我终于可以做护士了 |
[34:52] | My own mother.I can’t believe it. | 我自己的母亲 我真不敢相信 |
[34:55] | Good. That’s so good. | 很好 非常好 |
[35:00] | Um,just,um… | 嗯 只是 嗯… |
[35:03] | – Write down what we talked about. – Okay. | – 把我们谈的写下来 – 好的 |
[35:05] | And,uh… | |
[35:07] | We’re gonna put an end to this. | 我们会了结此事的 |
[35:17] | You know you have absolutely nothingto hold me on. | 你知道你们毫无理由抓我 |
[35:19] | Because your mother thought up the whole thing,didn’t she? | 因为你母亲策划了整件事 对吗? |
[35:21] | She convinced you to get her jobs in rich people’s homes, | 她说服你帮她弄到富人家的工作 |
[35:24] | and once she was in,she stole what she wanted and demanded that you fence it for her. | 一旦她进了富人家里 就偷她想要的 然后要求你为她销赃 |
[35:30] | you! | 你! |
[35:37] | You may want to rethink this,sonny. | 小家伙 你也许想要重新考虑下 |
[35:49] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[35:52] | It doesn’t make any difference what any of you believe, | 不管你们相信什么都无所谓 |
[35:56] | because we’re more than 7 years out on all these crimes, | 因为这些罪已经超过7年了 |
[35:59] | and as a professional security analyst,i’m happy to inform you that the statute of limitations ran out | 作为一名专业的安全分析员 我很高兴告诉你们 |
[36:05] | on these so-called “thefts” a long time ago. | 这些所谓的”盗窃”的诉讼时效早就过了 |
[36:07] | On the thefts,yes,but not on the murders. | 对盗窃而言 是的 但谋杀就不是 |
[36:10] | Murders. What murders? | 谋杀 什么谋杀? |
[36:13] | Hey,billings — | |
[36:15] | That’s still just his word against hers. | 那案子仍然只是他的一面之词 |
[36:17] | Besides,I wasn’t even working with her. | 另外 我甚至都没和她一起 |
[36:19] | She’s not talking about billings. | 她不是在说Billings |
[36:20] | She’s talking about all the other people that died under your mother’s care. | 她是说其它死在你妈妈护理之下的人 |
[36:23] | They were old. It’s called natural causes. | 他们都很老 是自然死亡 |
[36:26] | I have evidence to the contrary,mr. Osgood. | Osgood先生 我有相反的证据 |
[36:29] | Pope: and from what your mother just told us,it shouldn’t be too hard to convince a jury | 从你母亲刚才所说 应该不难说服陪审团 |
[36:32] | thatyouwere responsible for several other murders,also. | 你对其他数起谋杀案也负有责任 |
[36:36] | U- unless — unless | 除非… 除非 |
[36:38] | your mother was the one who killed those people. | 人是你妈妈杀死的 |
[36:42] | Come on. | 得了吧 |
[36:44] | What do you want from me? | 你们到底要我怎样? |
[36:47] | I can’t. She’s my mom. | 我不能 她是我妈妈 |
[36:49] | Who just rolled on you. | 她刚刚供出了你 |
[36:51] | What are you protecting her for? | 你为了什么保护她? |
[36:52] | It’s either you or her,sir. | 先生 要么是你 要么是她 |
[36:57] | all right,then.Detective,would you take mr. Osgood downstairsand book him — | 好吧 警探 带Osgood先生到楼下 并登记… |
[37:00] | No. No,wait.Okay.Okay. | 不 不 等等 好吧 好吧 |
[37:09] | She killed her patients,all right? | 她杀了她的病人 对吗? |
[37:13] | She killed her patients. | 她杀了她的病人 |
[37:17] | And when she got away with it the first time,it — | 第一次得手 没被抓住 |
[37:20] | It just got easier for her. | 事情对她而言变得更容易了 |
[37:23] | who? Who did she kill? | 谁? 她杀了谁? |
[37:24] | The ones who got suspicious. | 起了疑心的那个 |
[37:26] | I don’t remember their names. | 我不记得他们的名字了 |
[37:28] | One she strangled. | 她勒死了第一个 |
[37:30] | Breaking her neck in the process? | 过程中扭断了她的脖子 |
[37:31] | She,uh,stuffed something down the second one’s throat. | 她 呃 在第二个的喉咙里塞了东西 |
[37:35] | Well,that would be a nasal-spray cap. | 是鼻腔喷雾帽 |
[37:37] | And pushed the third one down the stairs. | 把第三个推下楼梯 |
[37:39] | That’d be ms. Casey’s father. | 那个是Casey女士的父亲 |
[37:40] | And after his daughter called me,all suspicious… | 她女儿打电话给我后 她怀疑… |
[37:44] | About the monet that your mother stole? | 你妈妈偷了莫奈的画? |
[37:46] | Which I had to pull back from my fence and return to the family, | 我不得不去找画贩子 还回去 |
[37:49] | I realized that she’d gone too far. | 我意识到她做的太过火了 |
[37:54] | I wanted out. I.. | 我想退出 我… |
[37:56] | I told her to stop. | 我让她停止 |
[38:00] | But she couldn’t,so she went on without me. | 但她不肯 所以她继续干下去 |
[38:04] | And just like I thought, | 一切正如我所料 |
[38:06] | she got caught after murdering that poor Mr. Billings. | 杀了那个可怜的Billings先生后 她被抓了 |
[38:10] | Oh,my god. | 哦 天哪 |
[38:17] | Very good,Mr. Osgood.I know how difficult that must have been. | 很好 Osgood先生 我知道这很难 |
[38:25] | – Detective,would you please take mr. Osgood downstairs and book him for — what? | – 警探 带Osgood下去并登记… – 什么? |
[38:28] | Book me? You can’t hold me on those thefts. | 登记? 你不能因为那些盗窃抓我 |
[38:31] | True,but I’m sure they’ll come up at your murder trial. | 是的 但我相信它们 会在你的谋杀庭审上被提及 |
[38:34] | That was my mother! | 那是我妈妈干的! |
[38:35] | And you were her partner and aware of her actions. | 你是她的搭档 了解她的行动 |
[38:37] | But I didn’t kill them myself! | 但我没有亲手杀死他们! |
[38:39] | Well,Mr. Osgood,as one “professional” to another,i’m happy to inform you that the law doesn’t see it that way. | 好吧 Osgood先生 作为一个”专业人士” 我很高兴告诉你法律并不这么认为 |
[38:47] | Detective. | 警探 |
[38:51] | Now,gentlemen,would you please do the honors and arrest our florence nightingale? | 现在 先生们 去逮捕我们的好护士吧? |
[39:00] | Ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[39:12] | Fritzi? Hi. | Fritzi? 嗨 |
[39:14] | Oh,I wish you’d pick up. | 哦 接电话啊 |
[39:17] | I’m grabbing my things and driving up to big bear for the last night. | 我正在拿东西 准备开车去大熊湖 过最后一晚 |
[39:22] | Fritzi? | |
[39:27] | I’m in the bathroom! | 我在浴室里! |
[39:33] | What are you doing?! | 你怎么在啊? |
[39:35] | Well… | 好吧… |
[39:37] | On the chair lift going up the bunny slope this afternoon, | 今天下午 在去初级坡道的升降椅上 |
[39:39] | I just realized… | 我忽然意识到… |
[39:42] | …i missed you. | 我想你 |
[39:48] | Yeah,the truth is,I don’t like traveling anymore without my wife. | 嗯 事实是 没有妻子我不再喜欢旅行 |
[39:53] | That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. | 这是我听过的最甜蜜的话 |
[40:01] | Also,on the first run,this 12-year-old kid cut me off and I hurt my knee. | 另外 第一次滑时 一个12岁的小孩 抢了我的道 我伤了膝盖 |
[40:06] | Now,get in here! Whoa! | 现在 快进来! 哇哦! |
[40:11] | Oh,no! Oh,no! | 哦 不! 哦 不! |
[40:13] | Get in here. | 进来 |
[40:22] | Flynn: here’s to unmasking the bad guys. | 敬抓住一切坏蛋 |
[40:24] | Hear,hear! | 干杯 干杯! |
[40:32] | Listen.I,um,I want to apologize… | 听着 我 呃 我想道歉… |
[40:37] | For being unable to completely come to grips with this thing. | 因为没能完全了解这件事 |
[40:42] | Louie,I know it’s not easy. | Louie 我知道这不容易 |
[40:45] | It wasn’t for me,either. | 对我也是 |
[40:48] | Hey,I mean,you know, | 嘿 我是说 你知道的 |
[40:50] | if you were 20 years younger and I had never met you… | 如果你再年轻20岁 而我从没遇见过你… |
[40:53] | Mm-hmm?…and if you weren’t a lesbian… | 嗯? …如果你不是拉拉的话… |
[40:56] | You’d be perfect for each other. | 你们会是完美的一对 |
[40:58] | Well,I… | 好吧 我… |
[41:00] | I’m not sure I even have itinme anymore. | 我不确定我还还有没有那份心 |
[41:02] | Oh,you still have it in you. | 哦 你还有 |
[41:07] | Well,I mean… | 好吧 我是说… |
[41:09] | huh? | 呃? |
[41:10] | I mean,wow. | 我是说 哇哦 |
[41:11] | Oh,I know. | 哦 我知道 |
[41:12] | They’re nice,huh? | 它们很不错 对吧? |
[41:13] | Flynn,you ought to check these out! | Flynn 你应该摸摸! |
[41:17] | Yeah. No thanks. I’m good. | 嗯 不 谢谢 不用了 |
[41:19] | I should probably get on board. | 我应该上车了 |
[41:21] | Uh,andy… | 呃 Andy… |
[41:22] | Let’s not go so long next time. | 后会有期 |
[41:25] | Louie… | |
[41:27] | Thanks for everything. | 谢谢你为我所做的一切 |
[41:29] | That was a brave thing you did — coming back… | 你选择回来 很勇敢 |
[41:34] | …georgette. | |
[41:45] | It was good for me,too. | 我也受益颇多 |
[42:08] | So…you ready to go,louie? | 那么…你准备走了吗 Louie? |
[42:14] | Call me that just once more,******* | 再叫一次Louie 我没有阴茎的搭档就不止Georgia了 |