时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | – Air 14 coming for the watch commander. – Air 14’s on.Go ahead,sir. | – 空警14号呼叫巡视长 – 收到 请讲 长官 |
[00:14] | Yeah,police 14.We are over the call. | 警官14号 现在开始通话 |
[00:16] | I’ve got a body in sight. | 我发现了一具尸体 |
[00:19] | He is tied up in the wires on the side of the building. | 他被挂在大楼旁的电线上 |
[00:23] | Looks like he might have some,uh,head wounds… Possible gunshot wounds,guys. | 看起来似乎头部有伤… 很可能是枪伤 |
[00:28] | Air 14 to the units… I got you there. | 空警14号呼叫陆地分队… 我看见你们了 |
[00:30] | Uh,use caution,guys.I cannot clear the inside. | 小心行事 伙计们 我无法确定楼内是否安全 |
[00:32] | I have no movement,but we might have additional victims. | 我没有观察到异动 但可能还有其他人遇害 |
[00:34] | We might also have a shooter in the area. | 凶手也可能就在附近 |
[00:36] | Use caution,gentlemen. | 大家小心 |
[00:37] | Airship 14,confirm the body is in the wires. | 空警14号 请确定尸体在电线上 |
[00:40] | Yeah,Roger that.He’s caught up in the wires outside the house. | 是的 确定 他被屋外的电线缠住了 |
[00:51] | Air 14 to the guys on the ground… Just talked to the watch commander. | 空警14号呼叫地面队员… 我刚和巡视长通话 |
[00:55] | Be advised… he wants you to secure the scene And wait for major crimes. | 他建议… 保护好现场 等待重案组到位 |
[00:58] | Air 14.Hey,guys,this is a major crimes case. | 我是空中14号 伙计们 这是重大刑事案件 |
[01:01] | Just secure the scene and stand by for them,Per the watch commander. | 保护好现场 原地等待 按巡视长的指示来 |
[01:23] | But I’d rather have Mr.Beebe’s body Brought back up here. | 但我还是想把Beebe先生的尸体 弄上来 |
[01:26] | I know,but it’s the fire department’s call,And they want him lowered to the ground. | 我知道 但这由消防队决定 而他们要把他降到地面上去 |
[01:30] | fine. | 那好吧 |
[01:32] | excuse me.Uh,Mr.Fireman. | 不好意思 消防员先生 |
[01:34] | When you finally cut him loose And he slams against the side of the house,Could you cover him with a tarp,please? | 你们解开电线让他顺墙而下时 能用块油布遮他一下吗? |
[01:39] | I don’t want Mr.Beebe’s friends and family To see him like this. | 我可不想Beebe先生的家人朋友 看到他这副德行 |
[01:43] | Detective Gabriel,now that our new building Has its own briefing room, | Gabriel警探 现在我们的新楼 有自己的接待室 |
[01:47] | would you kindly ask the press To go downtown to meet with commander Taylor? | 你能请媒体朋友们进城去 找Taylor队长吗? |
[01:50] | Um…Yeah.Sure.What do you want the reporters to know? | 好…吧 当然可以 你想跟媒体说什么? |
[01:53] | That it doesn’t look like a suicide. | 这起案件看起来不像自杀 |
[01:58] | So,chief,it seems Mr.Beebe was shot before dawn While his computer was logging photographs Off the telescope. | 队长 看来Beebe先生死于黎明前 他当时正从望远镜下载照片到电脑 |
[02:06] | Photographs of what? | 什么照片? |
[02:07] | Can’t say.His laptop goes to sleep after five minutes. | 不知道 他的笔记本五分钟后就待机 |
[02:10] | I need a password to log back on,and…I don’t have it. | 需要用密码重新登录… 可惜我没密码 |
[02:13] | Maybe he was scanning the neighborhood for,uh,heavenly bodies. | 也许他在偷窥邻居的…美丽胴体 |
[02:16] | Well He has a heavenly body in his…Bedroom… A Mrs.Cherie Walker. | 确实有个美丽胴体在…他房间里 Cherie Walker太太 |
[02:23] | And she really wants to leave here Before her husband finds out where she spent the night. | 她一心想在他丈夫 发现她在哪过夜之前离开 |
[02:27] | Could you please tell her I’ll be down there to speak with her in a minute? | 请转告她 我一会儿就下去找她 |
[02:33] | So… Detective Sanchez,do we have any idea How things played out here? | 那… Sanchez警探 案发经过搞清楚了吗? |
[02:38] | Three shots,chief… 7.62 NATO rounds. | 凶手开了三枪 队长… 7.62口径NATO步枪 |
[02:41] | The first bullet lands here,second one,here,And then one more bullet in the back of the victim’s head. | 第一颗子弹打到这 第二颗 这里 然后又一颗击中受害人后脑 |
[02:49] | The impact pushes the victim over the railing. | 冲击力使受害人翻过了栏杆 |
[02:53] | You know,it had to happen fast,So automatic weapon. | 过程很短 所以应该是自动步枪 |
[02:56] | Judging from the angles of the impacts,I’d say the shooter was at least 200 yards away,Somewhere over there. | 从冲击力的角度判断 凶手应在200码以外 那边某处 |
[03:05] | So it looks like our victim Wasn’t the only one using a scope. | 看来并不是只有我们的受害者 使用望远镜啊 |
[03:08] | And it was early in the morning,So it was a night scope,at that. | 时间是大清早 那肯定是夜视镜了 |
[03:12] | So,Mr.Beebe and Cherie have dinner,Go downstairs for a little intimacy, | 这么说 Beebe先生和Cherie 共进晚餐后去楼下翻云覆雨 |
[03:16] | And then,at some point early this morning,Our victim pops back up here To look at… | 然后 今早某时 受害人又回到这里来 观察… |
[03:24] | – What? – I have no idea. | – 什么? – 我也不知道 |
[03:27] | I-I didn’t even know Steven had gotten out of bed. | 我根本就不知道Steven起床了 |
[03:31] | Look… My husband is going to be back in town any minute. | 听着… 我丈夫随时都可能回城 |
[03:35] | Please.You… you have to let me go. | 求你们 你们… 得让我走 |
[03:38] | Listen to me,Cherie.I’m not the adultery police. | 听我说 Cherie 我不是捉奸警察 |
[03:41] | The last thing I want to do Is to tell anyone that you were having an affair. | 我可不想告诉别人你有外遇 |
[03:45] | Why don’t we take you downtown While we figure out what to tell your husband? | 不如我们带你去警务中心 想想如何和你老公解释? |
[03:49] | – He’s away in…? – Palm Springs. | – 他人在…? – 棕泉市(位于美国加州) |
[03:51] | But he’s flying back this morning. | 但他今早乘飞机回来了 |
[03:52] | Flying?it’s a pretty quick drive. | 飞机? 那很快咯 |
[03:55] | He’s helping them build a new control tower for their airport. | 他正在帮那边的机场建控制塔 |
[03:58] | He always flies.And he’s gonna be home any second. | 他经常飞的 而且他随时可能回家 |
[04:02] | And your husband’s name is…? | 你丈夫叫…? |
[04:05] | Uh,Caleb.He’s a former army officer,West point graduate,and very,very uptight. | Caleb 他曾是军校军官 西点军校毕业 性格非常的暴躁 |
[04:11] | He’s not… he is not going to understand My side of things at all. | 他不会… 他不会站在我的角度考虑问题的 |
[04:16] | A-and does Caleb…Know… Uh,Mr.Beebe? | 那Caleb…认识… Beebe先生吗? |
[04:19] | Y-yeah. | 认…识吧 |
[04:21] | He hired Steven to rebuild our terrace. | 是他雇Steven重建我们的阳台的 |
[04:24] | So Mr.Beebe is y-your contractor? | 那Beebe先生是你们的承包人? |
[04:28] | yeah.And since Caleb travels so much,I dealt with the remodel. | 没错 因为Caleb出差频繁 一直是我管着改装的事儿 |
[04:35] | And… and… and how long Have you and Steven been seeing each other? | 那…那你和Steven在一起多久了 ? |
[04:40] | About three weeks. | 大概三周 |
[04:42] | He…Stopped by one night to make sure the grilling station had been set up properly. | 他…有天晚上过来 确定烧烤架是否装好了 |
[04:47] | And it was dark out. | 当时外面很黑 |
[04:49] | And Steven was pointing out the stars to me. | Steven就指天上的星星给我看 |
[04:53] | This one and that one. | 这一颗叫啥 那一颗叫啥 |
[04:55] | I’m… I’m bad with names. | 我… 我记不住名字 |
[04:57] | Anyway,somehow or other,We… Started making out. | 总之 不知不觉的 我们就…花前月下了 |
[05:03] | Steven set his alarm for 4:00 this morning. | Steven将闹钟调在今早4点 |
[05:05] | And y-you j-just slept right through it? | 你真的没听见吗? |
[05:08] | Maybe ’cause of all the champagne. | 也许因为喝了很多香槟吧 |
[05:10] | Which is why I stayed the night.I-I thought it would be very wrong to drive home drunk. | 所以我才会在这过夜 我觉得醉酒驾车回家很不好 |
[05:15] | A responsible choice. | 真有责任感 |
[05:18] | Uh,tell me… uh,take me back to last night,When you and Steven were upstairs on the roof. | 跟我说说… 昨天晚上 你和Steven在楼顶时 |
[05:24] | Did Steven,uh,show you anything In his telescope? | 让你看他望远镜里的照片了吗? |
[05:28] | Yeah.We tracked the space station for a while. | 是的 我们追踪了一会儿太空站 |
[05:31] | Oh,and he showed me what our house looked like upside down. | 他让我看 我们的房子从高处看是什么样子的 |
[05:36] | You can see your house from here? | 从这儿可以看到你的房子? |
[05:43] | Okay,chief,that’s Cherie Walker’s terrace,And you can see the work being done on it. | 队长 那就是Cherie Walker的阳台 你可以看见施工情况 |
[05:53] | I think Mr.Walker’s home from palm Springs. | 我想Walker已经从棕榈泉市回家了 |
[05:56] | And if you want to see how he looks right-side-up,I have it. | 如果你想看正的图像 看这里 |
[06:04] | Chief. | 队长 |
[06:05] | I say we wire Cherie,send her home right now,See if she and her husband get into it. | 不如我们让Cherie戴上窃听器回家 看看她丈夫什么反应 |
[06:09] | He may have just killed her boyfriend.What if he shoots Cherie,too? | 他可能刚杀了她的男友 要是他也杀了Cherie怎么办? |
[06:11] | then we solved the case. | 那不正好破案了嘛 |
[06:13] | at this moment,I cannot think of a more irresponsible suggestion. | 这真是此时此刻能想到的 最不负责任的建议了 |
[06:16] | No. I say we ask Mr.Walker to visit us in our new building. | 不如我们请Walker先生 去我们的新大楼喝茶 |
[06:21] | He can be the first person To try out those horrible new interview rooms. | 让他做那破新审讯室的第一位客人 |
[06:25] | Oh,my! | 哦 烦死了 |
[06:28] | Oh,come on.Not again. | 拜托 又来了 |
[06:32] | Don’t pull on it! | 别拉上去啊! |
[06:35] | Well,what button are you pressing?! | 你按了什么键啊?! |
[06:37] | Just… just let go,please. | 就… 别看了 行吗 |
[06:44] | This remote control’s worthless. | 这遥控器真不给力 |
[06:50] | Okay,so,the screen is not,uh,working yet.We’ll fix that. | 好吧 屏幕还不好用 暂时的 我们…会搞定的 |
[06:54] | But,otherwise,pretty great,right? | 但不管怎样 新楼很不错 对吧? |
[06:57] | We were told that we can’t have A coffeemaker or a refrigerator in here. | 听说这里不配备咖啡机和冰箱 |
[07:02] | That’s because we have a break room With all that stuff in it right down the hall. | 那是因为大厅下面就有休息室 那些东西里面一应俱全 |
[07:06] | Any other complaints About your new $10 million divisional headquarters? | 对这座价值千万的新分部大楼 还有任何抱怨吗? |
[07:09] | How about the wall Separating my office from my conference room? | 我办公室和会议室的分隔墙 算怎么回事儿? |
[07:13] | Well,that’s…Nothing. | 哦…没怎么回事儿啦 |
[07:18] | She’s a person of interest. | 她很有问题 |
[07:20] | Couldn’t agree more. | 我也这么觉得 |
[07:23] | Well,why don’t you go ahead and introduce yourself?Her husband doesn’t know she’s here. | 你何不进去做个自我介绍? 她丈夫不知道她在这儿 |
[07:25] | Oh,yeah,speaking of her husband,I read him his rights And dumped him in one of the interview rooms. | 说到她丈夫 我宣读了他的权利后 把他扔在审讯室里了 |
[07:30] | Good luck getting anything out of him. | 祝你能从他那里套出点啥来 |
[07:33] | Lieutenant Provenza,Your desk from Parker center is city property. | Provenza副队 你在Parker中心 用的办公桌是公共财产 |
[07:36] | It was supposed to be sold at auction. | 应该在拍卖会上卖掉的 |
[07:37] | It was. I bought it. | 是被卖掉了 我买的 |
[07:40] | This desk is the longest relationship of my adult life,And I am not giving it up. | 自我成年以来 这桌子伴了我最久 我可不要抛弃它 |
[07:46] | And… These seating assignments are ridiculous. | 还有 这儿的座位布局简直不可理喻 |
[07:52] | Tao.Tao! | 陶! |
[07:54] | Uh,have you been able to get past the password On our victim’s computer yet? | 你破解受害者电脑的密码了没? |
[08:01] | That would mean “no. | 这意思是”没有” |
[08:04] | ” C-chief,w-we still don’t know What our victim was looking at when he was shot. | 队长 我们还是不知道 受害者中枪时究竟在看什么 |
[08:08] | Is there anything else you want us to be working on here? | 你还有什么想让我们调查的吗? |
[08:11] | Yes,lieutenant,there is. | 是的 副队 有 |
[08:13] | Not all remodels go as planned. | 场景重建不够理想 |
[08:16] | Let’s ask some of Mr.Beebe’s employees To compile a list of their clients. | 让Beebe先生的雇员打张客户名单 |
[08:21] | See how… Popular he was with his customers. | 看看…他究竟多受客户欢迎 |
[08:27] | Where am I going? | 我该往哪儿走? |
[08:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:33] | While we’re at it,could someone please find out Why there were no “shots fired” reports In the victim’s neighborhood last night? | 除了这个 还要去查查为什么昨晚 受害者邻里没人报告”夜半枪声” |
[08:39] | Thank you.Chief pope,could you please… | 谢谢 Pope局长 你能… |
[08:42] | For heaven’s sakes!I can’t move in this place! | 老天! 这地方让我寸步难行! |
[08:46] | Nothing works around here.nothing! | 这儿没一样好使的 一样都没! |
[08:52] | Read what it says here,will. | 读读这上面写了啥 Will |
[08:55] | “hard interview room.” | “严厉审讯室” |
[08:56] | And what kind of a message Is that supposed to send to suspects? | 这会给嫌犯传达什么信息? |
[08:59] | Maybe it’s supposed to be intimidating. | 也许能起到震慑作用呢 |
[09:00] | I decide when to intimidate people around here… Not the building. | 是我来决定什么时候震慑他们 而不是由房子来决定 |
[09:04] | And this… this! | 还有这个 这个! |
[09:06] | Who over the age of 10 can sit next to this mirror Without knowing they’re being watched?! | 哪个过了10岁的人会坐在这里 却不知道镜子后面有人在看?! |
[09:11] | We film people all the time. | 我们以前也给他们摄像 |
[09:12] | Yeah,but they don’t know that!And even if they do,they can’t see the cameras! | 是啊 但他们不知道! 就算知道 他们也看不到摄像头! |
[09:19] | This new building is an obstacle course. | 这新大楼就是个障碍训练场 |
[09:23] | You’ve been here five days. | 你才来这儿5天 |
[09:25] | Give the building a chance. | 给它个机会 |
[09:28] | You’ll adapt to it. | 你会适应它的 |
[09:29] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[09:32] | And look… as different as things might seem,The really important stuff hasn’t changed at all. | 听着 也许环境看起来迥然不同 但本质一点没变 |
[09:38] | You still have a murder to work out And a suspect you need to interview. | 你还是有个谋杀案要破 还是有个嫌犯要去审问 |
[09:42] | Just stay centered on that,And everything else will fall into place. | 专心破案吧 其他事情自会迎刃而解 |
[09:48] | You’ll be okay. | 会好起来的 |
[10:08] | And all his customers,too! | 还有他所有的客户! |
[10:13] | I thought you said this room was empty! | 你不是说这房间是空的吗! |
[10:19] | I’m so sorry about that,sir.I was told this room was vacant. | 很抱歉 先生 有人跟我说这屋里没人 |
[10:22] | Who are you,again? | 您是哪位? |
[10:23] | – Caleb Walker – Caleb…Walker. – Caleb Walker. | |
[10:26] | One second.It’s a Mr. Caleb Walker! | 稍等 是Caleb Walker先生 |
[10:30] | I don’t know about this two-way mirror thing. | 我不了解这双向镜 |
[10:40] | I’m so sorry about that,Mr. Walker. | 真太抱歉了 Walker先生 |
[10:43] | It’s just that we are talking To all of Mr. Steven Beebe’s customers and neighbors,And you are both. | 我们要找所有Steven Beebe先生的 客户和邻居问话 而您两者都是 |
[10:49] | Which is why I said yes When your people asked me to come down here. | 所以你们让我来的时候 我同意了 |
[10:54] | Then I was read my rights and put in this room. | 然后有人向我读了权利 把我扔在这屋里 |
[10:57] | Is that how you treat people when they volunteer to help? | 你们就这样对待自愿提供帮助的人? |
[10:59] | No,sir.It isn’t. | 不 先生 不是这样的 |
[11:00] | So let’s just honor your commitment To being a good citizen And rush,rush,rush through these questions. | 请您履行承诺 作一个好市民 咱快速解决掉这几个问题吧 |
[11:06] | Um… Did you hear gunshots last night? | 呃…昨晚您有听到枪声么? |
[11:11] | As I told the other guy,I wasn’t home last night. | 我说过了 我昨晚不在家 |
[11:14] | I flew in from palm Springs this morning. Okay? | 我今天早上才从棕榈泉市飞回来 |
[11:17] | You already spoke to someone else? | 您已经和别人说过了? |
[11:20] | Where’s your form? | 表格在哪儿? |
[11:22] | Uh…Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[11:24] | What do we need to ask you? | 我们有什么要问的 |
[11:27] | Walker,Walker,Walker,Walker,Walker,Walker… | |
[11:32] | Here you are… “walker,Caleb. | 在这儿 Walker Caleb |
[11:35] | ” Um… Oh,my. | 哦 天… |
[11:39] | “oh,my” what? | 什么? |
[11:40] | Well,your paperwork is filed Right next to a “walker,Cherie,” Same home address. | 您的表格就在”Walker Cherie”下面 家庭住址是一样的 |
[11:46] | Your… Daughter? | 您的…女儿? |
[11:50] | My wife.Why? | 是我妻子 怎么了? |
[11:54] | Is she about to tell this guy his wife was cheating on him? | 她是打算说出他老婆偷情的事么? |
[11:56] | – God. – Maybe that’s why we call it a “hard interview room. | – 上帝啊 – 也许这就是为什么叫”严厉审讯室” |
[12:00] | ” Well,there’s just no easy way to say this. | 这话很难启齿 |
[12:03] | Uh,while you were in palm Springs,Your wife spent the night with the victim. | 当您在棕榈泉的时候 您夫人和被害人正共度良宵 |
[12:10] | D-did you know or suspect That your wife and your contractor were… Close? | 您知道 或是怀疑您夫人和承包商 很亲密吗? |
[12:23] | This is why you asked me down here And put me in this room? | 这就是你们把我叫来 然后扔在这房间里的原因? |
[12:27] | To tell me Cherie had an affair? | 就是为了告诉我Cherie偷情? |
[12:30] | See my reaction? | 看看我的反应? |
[12:32] | Well… Here it is. | 这就是我的反应 |
[12:37] | You’re gonna pay for this little ambush. | 你会为这个小陷阱付出代价的 |
[12:39] | And now I’m telling you And everyone behind that mirror… | 我告诉你 还有这镜子后面的所有人 |
[12:45] | I’m not saying another word until I get an attorney. | 在律师来之前 我一个字也不会说 |
[13:02] | Here,chief.Let me take that for you. | 副局长 我来帮你拿吧 |
[13:04] | Thank you so much,commander. | 谢谢 队长 |
[13:10] | Ah,so,have you heard From the palm Springs police department? | 棕榈泉警方有消息了没? |
[13:14] | Did Walker’s alibi hold up? | Walker的不在场证明站得住脚么? |
[13:16] | They sent film of him boarding a plane to Burbank Yesterday morning at 7:00 A.M. | 他们发来了他昨天早上7点 在飞往伯班克的航班登机的录像 |
[13:20] | But how good an alibi is that? | 这算什么不在场证明 |
[13:22] | He could have driven to L.A.,shot Mr. Beebe,Then driven back in time to make his flight. | 他可以开车来洛城 枪杀Beebe先生 再开回去赶班机 |
[13:27] | On another matter,Chief Johnson,do you know that I am The only person of my rank | 此外 Johnson副局 你知道我是队里 |
[13:33] | who hasn’t been assigned An office in our new building here? | 唯一一个还没分到办公室的人吗? |
[13:36] | That’s not true.I’ve been trying to return some case files To commander hood for days, | 不对哟 我这几天一直想把一些 案件资料还给Hood队长 |
[13:39] | And his name doesn’t show up on any floor… | 但哪层楼都没有他的名字… |
[13:41] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[13:43] | Horrible!That’s terrible. | 太可怕了 真是糟透了 |
[13:46] | Massive coronary.And the office he had went to the guy who replaced him. | 心脏病 他的办公室就归新队长了 |
[13:51] | You know,I’ve been trying to speak to pope About where I should go,but he seems distracted. | 我一直想找Pope问我该去哪儿 但他好像挺忙活 |
[13:56] | Oh,well,you’re welcome to camp out with us for a bit If you need to,commander. | 队长 如果需要的话 欢迎来我们那儿扎个堆 |
[14:00] | Thanks.I,uh…I might take you up on that. | 谢谢 我可能会去的 |
[14:03] | Oh,that’s fine. | 很好 |
[14:04] | – Um,I’ll put these upstairs. – Thank you. | – 我把这些放到楼上去 – 谢谢 |
[14:08] | Boy,the media just can’t get enough of the new building. | 媒体总想多知道点关于新大楼的事 |
[14:10] | I hate it. | 我讨厌这幢楼 |
[14:11] | Cops aren’t happy unless they’re miserable. | 警察在弄到一团糟前是不会开心的 |
[14:14] | God. Look at me. | 老天 看我 |
[14:16] | I…Broke my hand Helping my daughter out of a tree in the backyard, | 我在后院帮女儿下树的时候伤了手 |
[14:19] | And now,of course,I haven’t been to the gym for weeks. | 因此 我已经好几周没去健身房了 |
[14:22] | I feel…Fat.Do I look fat to you? | 我觉得自己…胖了 你看我胖么 |
[14:25] | I have a murder.Do you want an update? | 我有个谋杀案 你想听听进展么? |
[14:28] | Yeah. Yeah.Tell me everything. | 当然当然 尽管说吧 |
[14:31] | So now I need ballistics to confirm That the murder weapon was fired from the suspect’s house | 所以现在我需要弹道学来证明 子弹是从嫌犯家里射出的 |
[14:34] | Before I can get a search warrant for his residence. | 在我得到他家的搜查许可之前 |
[14:37] | But you must have evidence of some kind.I mean,you held Walker overnight. | 你羁押了Walker一整夜 肯定找到些申请搜查的证据吧 |
[14:40] | Did you not hear him threaten me? | 难道你没听见他威胁我吗? |
[14:43] | Right. | 对哦 |
[14:45] | well,we can’t arrest everybody who does that. | 但我们不能把每个威胁警察的人 都抓起来 |
[14:47] | Very funny. | 真好笑哈 |
[14:48] | And Mr.Walker has motive. | 不过 Walker有动机 |
[14:53] | W-well… Yeah,but… Only if he knew his wife was having an affair Before you told him. | 当然 不过前提是 在你告诉他之前 他已经知道自己老婆在外偷情 |
[14:59] | He’s also a retired military officer And West point graduate, | 他还是个退伍军官 西点军校的毕业生 |
[15:02] | which means he has experience With weapons a-a-and night-vision optics. | 所以他知道如何使用武器和夜视镜 |
[15:08] | What are you doing here? | 你们这是在干嘛? |
[15:09] | I’m… Turning this into an interview room. | 我… 在把这里布置成审讯室 |
[15:14] | Yeah,but this is your visitor conference center. | 但这里是你的来宾会议室 |
[15:17] | Look,you told me to adapt to the building. | 你说过让我适应这栋建筑的 |
[15:19] | Chief,I have the different-colored paint chips You asked me to get for the murder room. | 队长 我比照了案发现场的墙体油漆碎片 |
[15:23] | I-I’m leaning toward the,uh,”iceberg” or the “royal blue. | 我认为这颜色介于白色和宝蓝色之间 |
[15:26] | ” although,I have to say,”viridian” is,um… Awfully nice. Hmm? | 不过我不得不说 鲜绿色非常不错 |
[15:34] | Chief Johnson?With me. With me. | Johnson副局长? 你过来 过来 |
[15:42] | I asked you to adapt to the building,Not adapt the building to you. | 我是让你去适应这栋建筑 不是改造它来适应你 |
[15:45] | Do you have any idea how much trouble I’ve gone through So that you can have this state-of-the-art facility? | 你知道为提供这个最先进的办公楼 我费了多大劲吗? |
[15:49] | Oh,yeah,sure.You did it all for me. | 是么 你费这么大劲都是为了我哈 |
[15:51] | Look,this place may be state-of-the-art,But it wasn’t designed By anyone who understands interrogation. | 听着 这里也许是非常先进 但是 设计者并不懂得审讯艺术 |
[15:56] | I’m the resident expert here on making people talk. | 在这里我才是能让人开口讲话的 常驻专家 |
[15:59] | Yeah?Haven’t seen much proof of that lately. | 是吗? 最近没看到你的表现啊 |
[16:06] | That is completely unfair! | 那么说简直太不公平了! |
[16:07] | – This building is… – A poor workman always blames his tools. | – 这个大楼简直… – 拙匠常怪工具差 |
[16:11] | Parker center didn’t even have caller I.D.Our new divisional headquarters | Parker中心甚至还没装来电显示 |
[16:16] | is at the cutting edge Of every law-enforcement technology in the world. | 而我们的新总部已经站在 全世界执法部门的技术前沿了 |
[16:19] | And I need for you and major crimes To fully embrace this place For at least the next two months. | 我要你和重案组在至少两个月内 百分之百地接纳这个办公楼 |
[16:25] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:25] | There’s gonna be A big announcement tomorrow that will make that clear. | 看了明天的新闻发布会你就知道了 |
[16:27] | In the meantime,you and your division Will behave as though this place were perfect in every way. | 同时你和你的部门必须表现得 让人感觉到这栋大楼完美无缺 |
[16:32] | “perfect in every way.” really? | “完美无缺” 是么 |
[16:36] | What happened to your wall?Hmm? | – 你的墙呢? – 啥? |
[16:39] | There was a wall here last week when we first moved in.Where is it? | 上周刚搬进来的时候 这里有一堵墙 它去哪儿了? |
[16:44] | I had to walk out of my office to get to my… Conference room. | 如果它在那里 我去会议室的时候 就要走出办公室… |
[16:48] | Okay.Y… customize your space. | 好吧… 你的地盘你做主 |
[16:50] | Just stop blaming the building for your failures. | 只是别再把你的错都推给这栋大楼 |
[16:54] | Now,have you figured out yet how Walker knew The victim was gonna be on his roof at 4:00 A.M.? | 你搞清楚Walker是怎么知道受害人 会在4点钟爬到房顶上去了么? |
[17:01] | I’m sorry,chief.I still have no idea. | 很抱歉 队长 我还没有头绪 |
[17:03] | I’m sure the pictures from Mr.Beebe’s telescope Are on here… Somewhere. | 我确信Beebe先生望远镜里的照片 就在这机器里存着 |
[17:08] | I just can’t figure out the password. | 我只是还想不出密码是多少 |
[17:09] | I’ve tried birthday combinations,His current and previous addresses,mother’s maiden. | 我试过生日的数字组合 现在和 过去的住址 还有他妈妈的婚前姓 |
[17:13] | I’m now cycling random words Through an application that was given to me… | 现在我只能用这个应用程序 随机试验各种单词 |
[17:17] | Tao!We get the idea,huh? | 陶! 我们已经明白了 |
[17:20] | Uh,chief,Taylor left this,uh,box of your stuff here. | 队长 Taylor把你的东西拿来了 都在这个箱子里 |
[17:23] | And,uh,Flynn has got Cherie In our lovely new break room. | 还有 Flynn带Cherie去 我们那可爱的新休息室了 |
[17:29] | Does she not like her hotel? | 她不喜欢住旅店吗? |
[17:31] | Her husband’s lawyer called her cell and told her That we ratted her out about the affair. | 她丈夫的律师打电话告诉她 我们把她出轨的事情给卖了 |
[17:36] | That. Right. | 哦 我想起来了 |
[17:38] | Um,tell me,lieutenant… Uh… Did I approach Mr.Walker the wrong way yesterday,In your opinion? | 跟我说实话 副队… 你觉得我 昨天对Walker使的手段有问题吗 |
[17:47] | Come on,chief. | 得了吧 队长 |
[17:49] | You know,it’s just a guy looking at a two-way mirror,And he saw someone who really needed an attorney. | 他只是站在双向玻璃镜前 突然发现眼中的人非常需要律师罢了 |
[17:54] | – That’s all. – Right. | – 就这样 – 好吧 |
[17:57] | Is that the murder weapon?An mllo? | 这是我们要找的凶器? 一把M1-10? |
[18:00] | A newer model of it,chief. | 是升级版的哦 队长 |
[18:02] | Semiautomatic. | 半自动的 |
[18:03] | Developed for military snipers.It has the best night scope I’ve ever seen. | 是为军队的狙击手量身订做的 上面配的是我见过最棒的夜视镜 |
[18:07] | Plus,it has a flash suppressor and a built-in silencer. | 另外 还配有防火帽和内置消音器 |
[18:10] | Explains why no one heard shots fired On the night of the murder. | 这解释了为什么当时没人听到枪声 |
[18:15] | Oh,I’ve had it with this murder board! | 我受够了这个资料板 |
[18:18] | Control thingy! | 你给我下来! |
[18:20] | – Chief?Chief! – What is it?! | – 队长? 队长! – 什么事?! |
[18:24] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[18:25] | These are Mr.Beebe’s employees that you wanted to talk to. | 这两位就是你想见的 Beebe先生的员工 |
[18:29] | This is Melanie Ryder.She was his bookkeeper. | 这位是Melanie Ryder 她是会计 |
[18:31] | This is her husband,Paul… construction foreman. | 这位是她的丈夫Paul 工程队的包工头 |
[18:34] | They also brought over the victim’s client list,like you asked for. | 他们还按你的要求 带来了受害人的客户名单 |
[18:36] | Right.Well,thank you so much for coming in. | 哦 非常感谢你们能来 |
[18:40] | pleasure.Um,why don’t we,um,head into my office? | 我很荣幸 请到我的办公室来吧 |
[18:44] | Right this way. | 这边走 |
[18:46] | I’m…So sorry for your loss. | 请节哀顺变 |
[18:56] | My apologies. | 很抱歉 |
[18:58] | We’re just moving in here. | 我们刚搬过来 |
[19:01] | Uh,you were saying? | 你刚才说啥 |
[19:03] | The construction workers are temps.We rented all our equipment. | 建筑工人一般都是临时工 工具也是租的 |
[19:06] | So in terms of full-time employees,it’s just us. | 所以真正全职的员工 就我们俩 |
[19:09] | And Mr.Beebe’s business… How was it doing financially? | Beebe先生的公司财政状况如何? |
[19:13] | He had enough to make payroll for months,Except…I wasn’t authorized to sign checks, | 他的资金足够付好几个月的工资 只是 我没有签发支票的权力 |
[19:18] | So…We can’t even pay ourselves. | 也就是说 我们连自己的薪水都领不到了 |
[19:21] | On the night that Steven was murdered,He went upstairs to his roof And was looking at something through his telescope. | Steven被谋杀的那晚 他爬到楼顶去摆弄望远镜 |
[19:28] | Do you have any idea what that might have been? | 你们知不知道他可能在看什么? |
[19:30] | Stars? | 星星? |
[19:32] | Steven wasn’t a peeping Tom. | Steven可不是什么偷窥狂 |
[19:35] | Whatever he was looking at,it was in the sky. | 不管他看什么 那东西一定在天上 |
[19:38] | I promise. | 我确定 |
[19:39] | It sounds like you were close to him. | 听起来你跟他很熟 |
[19:42] | Since High School. | 我们高中就认识了 |
[19:44] | Best friend. | 他是我最好的朋友 |
[19:47] | My boss,too,I guess,but… Friend first. | 当然 他也是我的老板 不过我们的友谊更胜一筹 |
[19:51] | Did his customers like him,too? | 客户们也都很喜欢他吗? |
[19:52] | Usually. | 通常是的 |
[19:54] | But when you’re tearing up someone’s home like that,Changing the center of their daily lives,That causes stress. | 不过当你搞装修把客户家里弄得 天翻地覆的时候 也难免产生怨言 |
[20:01] | It does,doesn’t it? | 的确 不是吗? |
[20:05] | What kind of stress are we talking about? | 你说的怨言是指什么? |
[20:07] | A couple of home thefts. | 发生了几起家中失窃 |
[20:09] | But that’s common at construction sites.Appliances,tvs… | 不过这在装修时很常见 丢的都是电器 像电视之类的 |
[20:14] | Our insurance company replaced or paid For everything our clients lost. | 我们的保险公司赔付了客户的全部损失 |
[20:18] | Would y’all like some… Candy? | 你们想不想来点… 糖果? |
[20:21] | There’s plenty here… all different kinds,shapes. | 这里有很多 不同口味 形状的 |
[20:24] | Uh,uh,no. | 哦 不了 |
[20:26] | – No,thank you,chief. – Sizes. | – 不 谢了 队长 – 不同大小 |
[20:28] | What about Steven’s romantic life? | Steven的感情生活呢? |
[20:31] | Did you ever have any complaints about that? | 你们对此有什么意见吗? |
[20:34] | For example? | 比如呢? |
[20:35] | For example,would you be surprised to hear That the wife of one of your clients Was sleeping in Steven’s bed when he was murdered? | 如果我说Steven被害当晚跟客户的 老婆在一起 你们会感到惊讶吗? |
[20:42] | Yeah,we knew that he’d become… Closer than he should have to Cherie Walker. | 我们知道他跟Cherie Walker有染 |
[20:47] | So maybe her husband knew,too. | 那么也许她的丈夫也知道了 |
[20:50] | Any chance some of the temps Working at the Walker house knew about the affair? | 那些给Walker家装修的临时工 有没有可能知道他们偷情的事? |
[20:54] | I’m sure they did. | 他们肯定知道 |
[20:56] | Steven could be… Extremely demonstrative.He was like a teenager that way. | Steven有时候…非常爱大嘴巴 这方面就像个十几岁的男孩 |
[21:01] | You sound a little upset about that. | 你听起来有点不高兴啊 |
[21:04] | This happened a lot. | 这种事太多了 |
[21:06] | I-I never talked to Melanie About the way Steven behaved with women until recently | 我最近才告诉Melanie关于Steven 和女人的相处之道 |
[21:09] | Because I didn’t think she’d be okay with it,really. | 因为我觉得她不会赞同 |
[21:11] | You weren’t okay with it,either,Paul. | 你也不赞同啊 Paul |
[21:14] | Look,Steven had this one character flaw,okay? | Steven就有这么一个性格缺陷 好吗? |
[21:18] | He would get infatuated with someone,And then for a month or two,nothing else mattered. | 他在一两个月里面会对某人 非常动感情 其他都不管了 |
[21:21] | But it wasn’t all his fault. | 但这也不全是他的错啊 |
[21:24] | It wasn’t just his fault. | 不只是他一个人的问题 |
[21:26] | Women fell for him.What was he supposed to do about that? | 女人就是会爱上他 他又能怎样 |
[21:28] | Cherie said Mr.Beebe invited her over to his place To see the space station? | Cherie说Beebe先生邀请她 到他家看空间站 |
[21:33] | Yeah.That was part of Steven’s routine. | 嗯 这是Steven的惯用技俩 |
[21:36] | I think he got more use out of the space station Than NASA did. | 估计他比NASA更会利用空间站 |
[21:40] | Okay,you know something?It is… | 好了 够了… |
[21:41] | it is really infuriating To hear you talk about him In this “boys will be boys” kind of way. | 听你这样说”男人就这样” 非常气人 |
[21:46] | For one thing,you don’t even mean it. | 首先这根本不是你的真心话 |
[21:48] | And look at where Steven’s bad behavior has put us. | 看看Steven的行为不端 把我们害到什么地步 |
[21:51] | We could end up losing everything! | 我们有可能什么都没了 |
[21:54] | everything. | 什么都没了 |
[21:55] | – Chief? – Yes? | – 队长? – 什么事? |
[22:00] | Ballistics says the murder weapon Could have been fired from the walkers’ house. | 弹道科说 子弹有可能是从Walker家射出的 |
[22:04] | I have our search warrant. | 拿到搜查证了 |
[22:16] | Please don’t tear up everything we just had built.It cost a fortune. | 拜托不要把我们刚装修好的毁掉 这可是花了不少钱的 |
[22:20] | Chief,look at this path. | 头 看这条道 |
[22:22] | Someone wiped away their tracks. | 有人把痕迹打扫干净了 |
[22:27] | Think this rifle mount might help? | 这个来复枪架能有用吧 |
[22:30] | Found it next to the water cooler. | 在水箱旁边找到的 |
[22:38] | Hold up the dummy. | 把假人举好 |
[22:46] | Okay,chief.I have a clear line of sight to our victim’s house. | 头儿 我能清楚的看到被害者的房子 |
[22:53] | You could make this shot. | 可以击中的 |
[22:55] | With a steady hand and a little practice,Even she could do it. | 只要手稳 加上点练习 她也能做到 |
[22:58] | Not without this weapon. | 还得在有这种枪的前提下 |
[23:00] | Gentlemen,let’s see if we can find A rifle just like this one on the premises. | 大家找找看这里有没有这样一把枪 |
[23:04] | And some casings would be great,too. | 找到弹壳也好 |
[23:05] | Uh,maybe you could,like,go on keeping me As a protected witness,too. | 你可以继续留我作保护证人吗 |
[23:10] | Don’t you worry,Cherie.I have no intention of letting you go anywhere. | 别担心 Cherie 我没打算放你走 |
[23:22] | And you’ve been having an affair for how long? | 你们的婚外情有多久了 |
[23:24] | Less than a month. | 不到一个月 |
[23:26] | But I-I sort of fell into it because you’ve been away a lot. | 不自觉就发生了 因为你最近总是不在家 |
[23:28] | So I want to kill you? | 所以我想杀你? |
[23:30] | No,not me… my boyfriend. | 不 不 不是我 是我男朋友 |
[23:31] | Why not the both of you? | 为什么不杀掉你们俩? |
[23:32] | Because we were on the roof together for a while,But you waited until my boyfriend was alone To shoot him. | 因为我们俩都在阳台上呆了一会儿 你等到只有我男朋友一人的时候才开枪的 |
[23:37] | Are you sure my motive is jealousy,Not… | 你确定我的动机是嫉妒 而不是… |
[23:40] | Irritation that everything you promised me You would bring to your new office Is still boxed up here? | 被你气的 因为你答应会搬到 新办公室的东西全打包在这里 |
[23:46] | It’s not my fault!I park blocks from where I work! | 不怪我 我停车的地方离上班还远着呢 |
[23:50] | And you don’t want to kill me,anyway.You want to kill my boyfriend. | 再说你也不想杀我 你想杀的是我男朋友 |
[23:54] | I certainly do. | 我是想啊 |
[23:56] | So… I don’t blame you for the affair.I have to blame the guy who seduced you. | 那么…你出轨我没怪你 怪的是诱惑你的男人 |
[24:02] | That’s right.But just so you know,I’d never blame the other woman. | 没错 但是我话说在前面 要是我绝不会怪那个第三者 |
[24:05] | It’d be your fault,100%. | 百分百就是你的错 |
[24:08] | – Who’s the killer here… me or you? – You,you,you.Sorry. Go ahead. | – 到底谁是杀手… 我还是你 – 是你 抱歉 继续 |
[24:11] | Now,jealousy can provoke a crime of passion,But it can also arrive in stages,Like grief… | 嫉妒可以让人一时震怒而杀人 也有可能分几个阶段… |
[24:17] | Shock,denial… Rage. | 震惊 否认… 狂怒 |
[24:21] | Followed by gunshots to the head. | 最后是命中脑门 |
[24:22] | from a sniper rifle I still can’t find. | 用的狙击枪 我还是找不到 |
[24:25] | – Oh,Joel. – Which indicates planning on my part And that I’m hoping to get away with it. | 说明我是有计划的 想摆脱干系 |
[24:30] | So,how did I react when you first told me about the affair? | 那你告诉我你出轨的时候 我的反应如何 |
[24:33] | Was I cool,calm,and collected,or… Did I drag all your boxes into the driveway And put a hose to them? | 是冷静理智呢… 还是把你的箱子拖到车道上拿水冲之 |
[24:40] | Oh,don’t do that.I’ve been faithful to you in every way. | 不要嘛 我一直对你没有二心的 |
[24:44] | Well,I’m the forgiving type,but what about your suspect? | 我是能原谅你 但你嫌烦呢 |
[24:48] | Is he a crime-of-passion kind of guy? | 他是一时震怒杀人呢 |
[24:52] | Or… Was he cold and calculating? | 还是他冷酷又老谋深算 |
[24:58] | And how did he know Your victim was gonna go back up on the roof at 4:00 A.M.? | 而且他怎么知道被害人 会在凌晨四点回到天台 |
[25:05] | ’cause somehow he knew What Mr.Beebe was going to be looking at Through his telescope. | 因为他知道Beebe先生 要用望远镜看什么 |
[25:11] | And do you have any idea what that might have been? | 你知道是什么吗? |
[25:13] | The constellation of Sagittarius. | 射手座 |
[25:17] | In particular,the milky way. | 具体的说 是银河 |
[25:19] | Hundreds of thousands of stars Crammed together at the center of the galaxy, | 成千上万的星一起挤在银河的中心 |
[25:23] | Shining brightest in north America During the months of July and August. | 在7月和8月的时候 北美上空最闪耀 |
[25:27] | – I-in fact,during a recent g…- Thank you,Dr.Sagan! | – 其实 最近的… – 谢了 萨根博士(美国天文学家) |
[25:30] | Can you please just scroll through the photos? | 能不能麻烦你把幻灯片收起来 |
[25:34] | We’re looking for something incriminating here,Like a picture of Walker aiming a gun at the victim. | 我们要找的是犯罪证据 比如Walker拿枪对准被害人的照片 |
[25:40] | How did you find the password to the victim’s computer? | 你怎么知道被害人电脑密码的 |
[25:43] | Mr.Beebe’s foreman told us Whenever he became infatuated with someone,She took over as the focus of his life. | 他的好友说他喜欢上谁 那个女的就成了他生活的全部 |
[25:49] | He changed his password to “Cherie”? | 他把密码换成了”Cherie” |
[25:51] | Mr. Beebe really was a teenager. | 他还真是个十几岁的男生 |
[25:54] | So,the milky way is brightest over the next two months,But that’s not specific to the night of the murder. | 银河在接下来两个月最闪耀 但不是谋杀那晚 |
[26:00] | I-it is,actually,’cause normally,Mr.Beebe couldn’t take pictures from his house | 其实呢 是这样 一般来说他不可能 从房顶上拍到照片 |
[26:05] | Because the ambient light from the city Would wash out the stars. | 因为城市的灯光会冲淡星光 |
[26:08] | Right,but because of the recession,L.A.Has been turning off | 没错 但因为经济危机 加州会在日出前两小时 |
[26:11] | the streetlights In different neighborhoods two hours before sunrise. | 关掉不同街区的路灯 |
[26:14] | The night of the murder,Mr.Beebe’s neighborhood went dark at exactly 3:58 A.M. | 案发当晚 Beebe先生住的地方 在临晨3点58分准时灭灯 |
[26:20] | Oh,lieutenant Flynn!A usable murder board! | 啊 太好了 Flynn副队长! 能用的记录板! |
[26:24] | Thank you so much! | 太感谢了! |
[26:25] | Let’s get everything on it While the other one is still down. | 快点趁这背投还没卷上去 把东西都拿下来放到这个板子上 |
[26:29] | Mr. Beebe was looking at the stars. | Beebe是在看星星 |
[26:33] | And he changed his password to “Cherie.” | 而且他把密码改成了”Cherie” |
[26:36] | What does that mean? | 这说明什么? |
[26:37] | It means I really need to question Caleb Walker again. | 说明我必须再审问Caleb Walker一遍 |
[26:40] | Well,you’re gonna have to settle For interviewing his attorney,Who’s waiting for you in our new break room. | 你只能和他的律师谈了 他就在休息室等你 |
[26:47] | Chief,you mind if I,uh,Park in your conference room for a while? | 队长 介意我暂借你的会议室一用吗 |
[26:50] | No,commander Taylor.Go ahead. | 不介意 Taylor长官 你用吧 |
[26:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:03] | All right,gentlemen. | 好了 |
[27:05] | Gentlemen,now that we have located The center of the galaxy,I really want to find that murder weapon. | 现在我们已经找到了银河系的中心 我非常需要找到作案的枪 |
[27:09] | Let’s run every name connected to this case,Including those of Mr.Beebe’s clients. | 我们把和案件有关的人都过一遍 包括Beebe先生的客户 |
[27:13] | See if anyone is registered as owning an mllo rifle. | 看有没用人有注册M1-10来复枪 |
[27:17] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢大家 |
[27:19] | And if someone could please find out Where commander Taylor’s office is supposed to be,I’d really appreciate it. | 能找一下Taylor长官的办公室 到底应该在哪里吗 不胜感谢 |
[27:24] | Thank you so much. | 谢谢大家 |
[27:26] | – Chief? – Yes? | – 头儿? – 什么事? |
[27:28] | Break room. The break room is… That way. | 休息室 在…那里 |
[27:34] | All right,people.You heard her.Let’s hop to it. | 好了 大家都听到了 快点查 |
[27:38] | Mr. Walker wants to go home,And he also wants to talk to his wife. | Walker先生想要回家 他还想和她太太说话 |
[27:42] | Cherie asked for protection. | Cherie要求我们保护她 |
[27:44] | If Mr.Walker wants to see his wife,He needs to convince me he’s not a threat. | 如果Walker先生想见他太太 他得证明自己没有威胁 |
[27:47] | Nice try,Johnson.But Walker is never talking to you again in a billion years. | 想得美 Johnson 他绝不会再和你说一个字了 |
[27:53] | What do you want to ask him,anyway? | 你到底想和他说什么? |
[27:54] | Honestly,Mr.Murdoch,at this point,I only want to eliminate Mr.Walker as a suspect. | 老实说 Murdoch先生 现在 我只想消除Walker先生的嫌疑 |
[28:00] | You’re supposed to be one of the greatest liars of all time,And that’s the best you can do? | 你应该一直都最擅长说谎的 你就只能编成这样了? |
[28:04] | Really? | 真的? |
[28:07] | Okay.So,what makes Walker a suspect to begin with? | 好吧 那么Walker先生一开始 是怎么成为疑犯的? |
[28:10] | Including motive,Mr.Beebe was shot from your client’s terrace. | 他有动机 Beebe先生中枪的子弹 是从你当事人的露台上射出的 |
[28:13] | While Walker was in palm Springs. | 而Walker那时在棕榈泉 |
[28:16] | We found a rifle mount behind the water cooler in his house. | 我们在他房子里找到了 架在水冷却器后面的来复枪 |
[28:18] | Right… so,let’s go back over every murder Since the invention of gunpowder | 对哦…让我们回顾一下 火药发明以来的每起谋杀案 |
[28:22] | and see how many people Were shot to death with rifle mounts. | 然后看看有多少人死于来复枪 |
[28:26] | I’m betting less than one. | 我敢打赌肯定一个都没 |
[28:29] | Come on,Johnson. | 拜托 Johnson |
[28:31] | You had a good crack at Walker,and you blew it. | 你对Walker的调查很顺利 但是却没有成果 |
[28:33] | His alibi will stand,You don’t have any evidence to charge him for murder,And he’s not gonna talk to you ever again. | 他的不在场证明成立 你也没证据 指控他谋杀 他不会再跟你谈了 |
[28:40] | And how you’re gonna get around all that… Gosh,I’d love to know. | 接下来你怎么办呢… 上帝 我真想知道 |
[28:47] | Letting Caleb go home makes me feel like He could be innocent,I guess. | 你们放了Caleb 让我感觉他可能是无辜的 |
[28:51] | But I’m not sure I feel safe trying to make up with him. | 但我不确定和他重修旧好是否安全 |
[28:54] | Well,that’s why we’re wiring you up,sweetheart… So you can feel safe. | 这就是我们让你戴窃听器的原因 甜心…这样你就能安心了 |
[28:58] | And the minute you don’t feel safe,Just say the word “cinnamon,” and we’ll be right there. | 你感到危险的时候就说”cinnamon” 然后我们就会进来 |
[29:03] | Cinnamon. Cinnamon. Cinnamon. | |
[29:05] | Now,listen to me,Cherie… | 现在 听我说 Cherie… |
[29:06] | it’s very important That you try and reconcile with Caleb, | 你得试着和Caleb和解 这很重要 |
[29:09] | Because if I can’t put him away for murder,He probably would get everything in a divorce. | 因为如果我不能告他谋杀 那么离婚时他很可能拿走一切 |
[29:15] | Like,even the house? | 甚至包括房子? |
[29:17] | But don’t you worry about helping me convict him. | 但是你不必帮我套他的话 |
[29:22] | Just say you’re sorry,And we’ll see how he reacts,okay? | 只要说你很抱歉 我们会看他的反应 好吗? |
[29:25] | Okay.Synonym. | 好的 Synonym |
[29:28] | Uh… synonym. | 呃… synonym |
[29:30] | Cimenin. | |
[29:31] | Salt!Just…Say salt.Okay? | Salt! 就…说salt吧 好吗? |
[29:35] | Salt.Okay Okay. | Salt 好的 好的 |
[29:37] | – There you go. – Thank you.Be careful. | – 走吧 – 谢谢 小心 |
[29:40] | Bye,now. | 再见 |
[29:43] | Chief… | 队长… |
[29:44] | I thought you said wiring up Cherie And sending her to her husband Was the most irresponsible thing we could do. | 你说过让Cherie带上窃听器回到 她丈夫身边是最不负责任的做法 |
[29:49] | At that moment.I said,at that moment,It was the most irresponsible thing to do. | 那个时候 我说的是 那个时候 那是最不负责的做法 |
[29:53] | Now we’re at a different moment. | 此一时彼一时 |
[29:55] | And I have no other way of getting Walker to talk. | 我没其他办法让Walker开口说话了 |
[29:59] | Salt.Salt.Salt…. | |
[30:07] | Caleb? | |
[30:11] | Caleb,are you here? | Caleb 你在吗? |
[30:19] | Caleb? Where are you? Caleb? | Caleb? 你在哪里? Caleb? |
[30:30] | I’m sorry about what happened to your boyfriend. | 对你男朋友发生的一切我很抱歉 |
[30:32] | He… he wasn’t my boyfriend,Caleb. | 他…他不是我男朋友 Caleb |
[30:36] | Let me explain. | 让我解释 |
[30:38] | What’s to explain? | 解释什么? |
[30:40] | You fell in love with somebody else,And it didn’t work out. | 你和别人坠入爱河但结局不如你意 |
[30:43] | Now you want to come back home. | 现在你想回家了 |
[30:45] | – Chief,I don’t like this. – No,no,no.She hasn’t said the safeword yet. | – 队长 我感觉不对头 – 不 她还没说安全词 |
[30:48] | What happened between Steven and me… It wasn’t love. | Steve和我之间发生的事情… 那不是爱 |
[30:52] | What was it? Just sex? | 那是什么? 只有性? |
[30:55] | – Is that it? – No.I mean,yes! | – 那是什么? – 不 我是说 是的! |
[30:57] | I mean… I-it was just a moment of weakness. | 我是说…我-那只是一时脆弱 |
[31:00] | And I promise you,it will never,ever happen again. | 我向你保证 绝对不会再发生了 |
[31:09] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[31:11] | It won’t. | 不会了 |
[31:14] | Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! | 行动! |
[31:19] | Cimenin!Cinnamon! | |
[31:22] | Salt!Salt!Salt!Salt!Salt! | |
[31:31] | Let her go!Let her go,sir! | 放开她! 放开她 先生! |
[31:33] | You,let her go now,or I’m gonna shoot you dead! | 现在就放开她 不然我开枪了 |
[31:35] | I will shoot you dead! | 我会开枪打死你的 |
[31:37] | You keep your hands where I can see them! | 把手放在我看得到的地方 |
[31:38] | – Okay. – Keep ’em where I can see ’em!Get up! Get up! | – 好了 – 把它们放在我看得到的地方! 起来! 起来! |
[31:41] | Put your hands behind your back. | 把手放在后面 |
[31:43] | Caleb Walker,you are under arrest For the attempted murder of your wife. | 你因蓄意谋杀自己的妻子而被捕 |
[31:46] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[31:48] | Anything you say can and will be used against you In a court of law. | 但你所说的一切都会成为呈堂证供 你有权在接受讯问时要求律师在场 |
[31:50] | You have the right to an attorney.If you cannot afford an attorney,One will be appointed to you by the state. | 如果你无力负担律师费用 法庭将免费为你指派一名律师 |
[31:56] | Have you heard and understood these rights? | 你是否已经知晓你所享有的 上述全部权利 |
[31:58] | He… he… he tried to kill me! | 他…他…他想要杀我 |
[32:01] | Yes,he did,didn’t he? | 嗯 是这样的 |
[32:43] | Welcome to what used to be our multimedia center. | 欢迎来到我们改造后的多媒体中心 |
[32:45] | This is much bigger than our old electronics room. | 这比以前的电子室可要大的多 |
[32:49] | We could have video-conferenced in here With other divisions,citywide. | 在这里可以和其他部门开视频会议 全市性的 |
[32:52] | But did we need to do that,lieutenant really? | 但是我们有必要那么做吗 副队长 |
[32:55] | No,but it would have been cool. | 没必要啦 但很酷的 |
[32:57] | We can still use every video feed we have. | 我们还可以使用库存的所有录像 |
[33:00] | And I’ll be all set up to record In about five minutes. | 我会在5分钟内准备好 |
[33:03] | What the hell is going on here? | 这是怎么了? |
[33:06] | Look… not everyone is as blindly in love With this new building as you are. | 听着…不是所有人都会像你这样 盲目的喜欢这座新大楼 |
[33:11] | And I… I have an obligation to the justice system That supersedes your desire to keep this headquarters | 而我…要对司法系统负责 阻止你把新总部 |
[33:16] | – As some kind of a monument to your… – I meant,what’s going on with Caleb Walker? | – 作为你的政绩… – 我刚刚是问Caleb Walker的事 |
[33:21] | That. | 那个啊 |
[33:22] | Yes… that. | 是的…那个 |
[33:23] | You wired his wife and sent her in to speak with him. | 你给他老婆装了窃听器 让她去跟他谈话 |
[33:26] | That’s a clear violation of his Miranda rights. | 很明显侵犯了她的米兰达权利 |
[33:29] | No,it wasn’t.Cherie was cautioned against asking her husband Anything about the murder. | 不 没有 我警告过Cherie不能问 她丈夫任何关于谋杀的问题 |
[33:33] | The wire was only there to ensure her safety. | 装窃听器只是为了保证她的安全 |
[33:36] | She was nearly strangled to death. | 她差点被掐死 |
[33:38] | She’ll live.What are you doing here,anyway? | 她会好好活着的 你现在要干嘛 |
[33:40] | I thought you had some huge announcement to make. | 我以为你要出席大型新闻发布会呢 |
[33:42] | And I’m trying to make sure It doesn’t turn into a list of apologies from major crimes. | 我要保证这不会导致重案组 做出一系列的道歉 |
[33:45] | It won’t.Lieutenant tao,would you please Bring in the victim’s computer? | 不会的 陶副队 能把受害者的电脑拿进来吗? |
[33:49] | Detective Sanchez? | Sanchez警探? |
[33:54] | Let’s pretend the wire was legal. | 就假设窃听器是合法的吧 |
[33:56] | So far,you’ve only charged Walker with attempted murder. | 目前为止 你只能指控Walker蓄意谋杀 |
[33:58] | Why haven’t you arrested him for killing Steven Beebe? | 为什么不以谋杀Steven Beebe 的罪名逮捕他呢 |
[34:00] | Well,for one thing,he had an alibi. | 首先 他有不在场证明 |
[34:02] | You didn’t care about that yesterday. | 你昨天还看不上那不在场证明呢 |
[34:04] | Well,now it helps me make my case. | 现在它却帮我立了案 |
[34:06] | I thought your case was made When Walker tried to kill Cherie. | 我以为Walker想要杀Cherie的时候 你的案子就已经成立了 |
[34:09] | Yes. He wanted his wife dead,and he’s a killer,But not the type to off Steven Beebe. | 他是希望他妻子死 他是个凶手 但不是杀了Steven Beebe的那个 |
[34:14] | T-the gun was fired from his house. | 子弹是从他家里射出的 |
[34:16] | It was,but not by him. | 没错 但开枪的不是他 |
[34:18] | – Okay,what am I missing here? – the murder weapon! | – 好吧 我错过什么了? – 凶器! |
[34:21] | And,unfortunately,I still can’t find it. | 我现在一时找不到 |
[34:23] | But I do know where it came from. | 但是我却知道它是从哪里来的了 |
[34:24] | Detective Sanchez,fill chief pope in,please. | Sanchez警探 请给Pope局长解释一下 |
[34:29] | A civilian version of the mllo was stolen from a house Mr.Beebe remodeled four months ago,sir. | 4个月前Beebe负责装修的一所房子 发生了盗窃案 一架民用M1-10被盗 |
[34:34] | And during that same robbery,The thief also took this microwave oven. | 当时 小偷还拿走了这个微波炉 |
[34:37] | And,from the crime scene,the victim’s laptop. | 这个呢 是受害人的笔记本 |
[34:42] | Whenever Mr.Beebe became infatuated with someone, | 一旦Beebe先生与某人陷入热恋 |
[34:44] | He changed all the passwords on his computers To his new girlfriend’s name. | 他就把所有电脑密码 换成新女友的名字 |
[34:51] | Cherie. | |
[34:53] | She had access to the terrace,And her husband was out of town. | 她能出入平台 而且她丈夫出城去了 |
[34:56] | But how could Cherie have stolen a rifle From one of Mr.Beebe’s clients Months before she even met him? | 但Cherie怎么会在认识Beebe数月前 就从他客户家中偷得一支来复枪呢 |
[35:01] | No… the relevant fact here is that the victim Changed the login password on his computer to her name, | 那不可能…重点是被害人将电脑 登陆密码改成了她的名字 |
[35:07] | Which made me wonder… What had the password been before? | 这让我不禁在想… 那之前的密码是什么呢? |
[35:21] | He used my wife’s name as a password. | 他用过我妻子的名字作为密码 |
[35:24] | I don’t know what you think that’s supposed to mean. | 我不知道你们是怎么想这事的 |
[35:26] | Yes,you do,sir. | 你知道的 先生 |
[35:27] | It means your wife had an affair with your best friend. | 这说明 你妻子和你最好的朋友有一腿 |
[35:31] | That’s a lie.It’s not a lie,and you know it’s not. | – 这不是真的 – 这可假不了 别再自欺欺人了 |
[35:37] | Are you trying to get me to say something bad about Melanie? | 你是想让我说Melanie的坏话吗? |
[35:40] | That’s not legal,for one thing. | 首先 这是不合法的 |
[35:43] | And she’d never have had… Sex with Steven,either. | 其次 她也不可能和Steven有染 |
[35:46] | Not only did she have sex with Steven,She was in love with him. | 她不仅和他睡了 她还爱上了他 |
[35:50] | I mean,would you like me to read aloud From the e-mail account Melanie set up To communicate with Steven behind your back? | 要我给你念下Melanie和Steven 秘密电邮的内容吗 |
[35:56] | Because I could start with the e-mail she sent Warning him that you had found her phone | 我可以先从这封开始 她提醒他 你已经看到了她的手机里 |
[36:01] | And looked at the text messages they were sending each other. | 他们俩人互发的暧昧短信 |
[36:03] | And,of course,you had access to the Walker house Because you were renovating their terrace. | 你也能出入Walker家 因为你正在帮他们修整天台 |
[36:07] | But most importantly,sir,You knew how fascinated your friend was with the stars. | 但最重要的是 你清楚你朋友对星宿有多么痴迷 |
[36:13] | How excited was he About the lights going out in his neighborhood? | 当他得知住宅区要灭灯时 他有多么兴奋 |
[36:17] | I bet very. | 他一定兴奋异常吧 |
[36:18] | Enough,maybe,to tell you about it? | 他也一定跟你说了吧 |
[36:20] | And then there was the theft You reported a couple months ago From a house you were remodeling. | 还有几个月前你报案的 在你装修的房子里的那宗失窃 |
[36:24] | And among the items listed as having been stolen Was a rifle… Just like the one used to kill Mr. Beebe. | 被盗物品中就有一把来复枪 正如那把你用来杀死Beebe先生的 |
[36:31] | No. We fired all the employees Responsible for taking that stuff. | 不可能 拿那些东西的员工都被解雇了 |
[36:35] | All that stuff? | 那些东西? |
[36:36] | We went to a house that you renovated Soon after this so-called “theft,” | 我们搜查了所谓”失窃案”之后 你装修的一间房子 |
[36:39] | And look at what we found in the kitchen. | 看看我们在厨房里找到了什么 |
[36:42] | It’s the microwave you listed on the insurance claim As having been stolen. | 这就是你列在保单上的被盗微波炉 |
[36:44] | Know how we can tell? | 我们怎么知道? |
[36:46] | Because of the serial number,right here. | 这儿的序列号写得清清楚楚 |
[36:49] | That microwave gave me a search warrant For your house,your car,and everything else you own. | 这个微波炉让我能搜查 你家 你的车 还有你所有的财产 |
[36:54] | So while we’re sitting here,My entire squad is out looking for that murder weapon, | 我们正坐在这儿 但我的手下 都在寻找那件杀人凶器 |
[36:58] | And when they find that rifle,I won’t need to hear what you have to say anymore. | 一旦他们找到了 你说什么都无济于事 |
[37:03] | Now,you’ve been read your rights,Paul. | 你既然已经清楚自己的权利 |
[37:05] | And while we still have the chance,I want to know your side of things. | 趁我们现在还有机会 我想听听你的说法 |
[37:12] | You’ve watched your best friend pull his little routine On lots of dumb girls. | 你见惯了好友对很多蠢女孩 施用这些伎俩 |
[37:18] | Must have been agony to find out your wife was one of them. | 发现自己妻子也是其中之一 一定很痛苦吧 |
[37:23] | You have no idea. | 你根本无法想象 |
[37:25] | But you didn’t file for divorce. | 但你没申请离婚 |
[37:27] | You didn’t quit your job. | 也没辞职 |
[37:28] | Help me to understand why you didn’t just walk away. | 你为什么不一走了之呢 |
[37:33] | You mean,why didn’t I just rip up my whole life… Give up my job,my house,my savings? | 为什么我不毁了自己的生活 放弃工作 房子 存款? |
[37:42] | You answer this,lady… you’re so smart. | 你来回答我 女士 你那么聪明 |
[37:47] | Why should I be punished Because my wife and best friend had an affair? | 我妻子和好友苟合 为何我却要受惩罚 |
[37:53] | Why should I be made to pay for their bad behavior? | 为什么我要为他们的丑行付出代价 |
[37:59] | How is that right? | 天理何在啊 |
[38:04] | You stole that rifle months before you ever used it,So you must have tried to forgive them. | 你偷到枪几个月了都没下手 你一定想过要原谅他们吧 |
[38:09] | Well… I loved them,didn’t I? | 我爱过他们 不是吗? |
[38:15] | And I did think… Just for a moment… | 我有一度确实想过 |
[38:20] | When Steven took up with Cherie that Melanie might… | 要是Steven爱上Cherie 那Melanie可能… |
[38:25] | See him for what he was. | 就能看清他的真面目 |
[38:29] | But…It only made things worse. | 但事情却愈发糟糕 |
[38:33] | – And then… | – And then… – 接着 – 接着怎么 |
[38:36] | And then Steven told me That he was gonna show Cherie the space station. | 接着Steven告诉我 他要向Cherie展示空间站 |
[38:42] | He had this… this smile. | 他脸上那种笑 |
[38:46] | And I thought,”son of a bitch. | 让我觉得 “真他妈是个混蛋” |
[38:51] | ” That’s the way he smiled right before he screwed my wife. | 他搞上我妻子之前也是这么笑的 |
[38:58] | So you took this one opportunity Where you knew Steven would be alone on his roof And Cherie’s house would be empty. | 所以你利用这机会 你知道Steven 会单独在屋顶 Cherie家里也没人 |
[39:04] | And you left just enough evidence For us to think the husband did it,But not enough evidence for us to arrest him. | 你留下足够证据让我们以为是她 丈夫干的 但却不足以逮捕他 |
[39:13] | Is that right? Paul? | 是这样吗? Paul? |
[39:18] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[39:20] | See?The new building works just as well as the old one. | 看吧? 新大楼和旧的一样好用 |
[39:23] | Now,if you gentlemen will excuse me,I think you’ll be interested In the press conference I’m about to have. | 我先失陪了 等会儿我会参加一个 你们都很感兴趣的新闻发布会 |
[39:30] | And murdering your best friend? | 谋杀你的好友 |
[39:33] | Did it make things any better? | 让你觉得好过点了吗 |
[39:36] | Well… They’re certainly not any worse. | 反正最坏也不过如此了 |
[39:56] | Hey,guys,why the hell is Taylor Using Brenda’s conference room as an office? | 伙计们 Taylor怎么用Brenda的 会议室当办公室了啊? |
[40:00] | Um… You know,chief Johnson had a very similar question,So I looked at the building’s original plans, | Johnson副局也很好奇 所以我特意查看了大楼原始规划 |
[40:06] | – and… The space was… – It’s Taylor’s office. | – 那块地方就是 – Taylor的办公室 |
[40:09] | – Just say it. – What? | – 就说吧 – 什么? |
[40:11] | Well,the building was designed 10 years ago,Long before major crimes ever came into existence. | 这楼是十年前设计的 早在重案组成立之前 |
[40:15] | And the commander in charge of coordinating with divisions,Which is… | 队长负责协调部门之间的关系 |
[40:20] | Taylor’s job,Is supposed to be in here. | 这正是Taylor的职责 就在这儿 |
[40:24] | Oh,my God! | 哦天啊! |
[40:27] | Has anyone told Taylor? | 有人告诉Taylor了吗? |
[40:29] | – No. – And we didn’t want to tell the chief,either. | – 还没 – 我们也不想告诉队长 |
[40:32] | But we,you know,talked about it amongst ourselves And thought that maybe you could… | 我们刚才还在说也许你能 |
[40:36] | – I can’t tell her. – Fritzi. | – 我可不想告诉她 |
[40:39] | How sweet of y’all to lug my stuff all the way up here. | 你把我的东西都拖上来了 真是太贴心了 |
[40:42] | And what is it you can’t tell me? | 你有什么不能告诉我的啊? |
[40:44] | What is it I can’t tell you? | 我有什么不能告诉你? |
[40:47] | Why…Everyone is headed into your conference room. | 为啥大家都进你的会议室啦 |
[40:53] | The big announcement. | 重要发布会 |
[40:59] | And the city can be very proud. | 整个城市都应为之骄傲 |
[41:02] | We have lowered crime in Los Angeles. | 我们降低了犯罪率 |
[41:04] | We have increased respect for the justice system. | 增强了市民对司法系统的尊重 |
[41:07] | And now that he has safely supervised The transition of our department | 他成功监督了部门的安全转移 |
[41:09] | Into the most technologically advanced Law enforcement facility in the world, | 使之变身技术全球顶尖的 司法运作系统 |
[41:14] | Chief of police Edward j. Thompson Would like to make an announcement. | 警察局长Edward J. Thompson 有通知要宣布 |
[41:19] | Thanks,will. | 多谢 Will |
[41:20] | For most of the last decade,I’ve been privileged to serve as your chief. | 近十年以来 作为你们的局长 我感到十分地荣幸 |
[41:24] | Good God. | 哦天啊 |
[41:26] | The old bastard is finally going to resign. | 老家伙终于要退位了 |
[41:29] | The men and women of the l.A.P.D. Have made this city a safer place for everyone. | 洛杉矶警署的各位同仁们致力于 将这个城市打造成安全的家园 |
[41:33] | So,that’s the big announcement,huh? | 这就是重大通知啊? |
[41:35] | We’re getting a new chief. | 我们要换头儿了 |
[41:36] | – …To love the people we serve… – Who do you think it’s gonna be? | – 爱民为民 – 你觉得会是谁啊? |
[41:39] | Oh,I think we already know. | 我们不都心知肚明了嘛 |
[41:41] | Do you really think that will… | 你真认为Will… |
[41:43] | Chief pope is going to take over the…Entire department? | Pope局长会接管整个部门? |
[41:47] | I do. | 对啊 |
[41:49] | And from the look on his face,so does he. | 看他的表情 他也这么认为呢 |
[41:51] | It’s been a joyous 32 years. | 这32年来无限荣幸 |
[41:53] | That’s why he loves this building so much. | 所以他才这么爱这栋楼 |
[41:56] | He thinks it’s his. | 他把这儿当自个儿的了 |