时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Just got an advanced copy of | 我刚拿到一份提前放出的 |
[00:04] | the department’s new organizational chart. | 警局新组织机构图 |
[00:05] | You will be directing all of your inquiries to | 你将要向新任常务副局长拉塞尔·泰勒 |
[00:07] | new assistant chief Russell Taylor. | 直接汇报工作 |
[00:10] | Chief Johnson | 强生局长 |
[00:11] | Did major crimes investigate the murders | 重案组是否调查了一起谋杀案 |
[00:12] | of an elderly convenience-store owner | 死者是一家便利店的老板 |
[00:14] | and his 8-year-old grandson, | 和他八岁的孙子 |
[00:16] | referred to as the “Shootin’ newton” Murders? | 此案被称作牛顿市枪击案 |
[00:18] | What is this about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[00:19] | Turell’s mother has filed a civil suit against the city, | 图雷利的妈妈对市政府 洛城警局 |
[00:22] | The l.A.P.D., chief Pope, yourself, | 保罗局长 你本人 |
[00:25] | and every member of your division | 以及你的每个部下提起了民事诉讼 |
[00:26] | for the wrongful death of Turell Baylor. | 理由是图雷利·贝勒的非正常死亡 |
[00:29] | How about I just quit? | 我辞职呢 |
[00:30] | Then I’ll tie this lawsuit around your neck | 那我就会让这起诉一直缠着你 |
[00:33] | And tell the city attorney | 我还要告诉检察官 |
[00:34] | That whatever happened to turell baylor was a consequence | 发生在图雷利·贝勒身上的一切 |
[00:36] | Of your own personal actions. | 都是由于你的个人行为导致的 |
[00:41] | Chief! Chief! | 局长 局长 |
[00:42] | Chief, you okay? Chief! | 局长 你没事吧 局长 |
[00:44] | This is deputy chief Johnson, major crimes. | 我是重案组副局长强生 |
[00:46] | Got an officer down. Repeat — we have an officer down! | 有警官倒下了 重复 有警官倒下 |
[00:56] | During his years of service, | 在任期间 |
[00:58] | Chief Thomas Delk embodied | 托马斯·德尔克局长体现了 |
[01:00] | the core values of the L.A.P.D. — | 洛城警局的核心价值观 |
[01:03] | 托马斯·德尔克 警察局局长 | |
[01:03] | To serve and protect. | 服务人民 保护人民 |
[01:07] | The aneurysm that cut short his life | 动脉瘤夺去了他的生命 |
[01:09] | has also robbed us of his vision | 也夺走他对我们这座城市 |
[01:11] | for our city’s future in law enforcement. | 未来执法工作的美好愿景 |
[01:14] | Chief Delk was a family man, | 德尔克局长是一个顾家的人 |
[01:17] | and he brought the same level of commitment and dedication | 他把洛城警局视为自己的第二个家 |
[01:20] | to his second family, the L.A.P.D. | 忠于职守 无私奉献 |
[01:23] | And I know he would agree that in our interim chief, | 他一定会含笑九泉 在他倒下后 |
[01:27] | the torch has passed to a worthy leader, | 一位卓越的领导者接过他的火炬 |
[01:30] | one who will guide us through this next stand | 他将为我们指引今后的方向 |
[01:32] | even more difficult transition. | 克服更加艰巨的困难 |
[01:35] | Chief William Pope. Will? | 有请威廉·保罗局长 |
[01:51] | Today is not about our future purpose, | 我们今天不展望未来 |
[01:54] | but our present loss | 而是缅怀旧人 |
[01:56] | and the too-short life of a 30-year veteran of the L.A.P.D. | 一个为洛城警局效力30年 英年早逝的生命 |
[02:00] | The king is dead. | 国王已死 |
[02:02] | Yeah. Long live the Pope. | 对 教皇[保罗]万岁 |
[02:04] | I had the privilege of working closely with chief Delk | 在德尔克局长几个月短暂的任期内 |
[02:07] | during the few months of his too-short tenure. | 我有幸在他身边工作 |
[02:13] | On behalf of the department… | 我谨代表洛城警局 |
[02:15] | and the city, I offer Tommy’s wife, Nicole, | 以及市政府 对汤米的妻子妮可 |
[02:18] | and his sons, Carlton and Tommy Jr., | 及两个儿子 卡尔顿和汤米二世 |
[02:22] | our deepest condolences. | 致以深切慰问 |
[02:28] | Brothers and sisters, let us pray. | 兄弟姊妹们 让我们祈祷 |
[02:42] | How long you think the commander’s | 你觉得这位警长 |
[02:44] | gonna stare into that grave? | 会在坟墓前站多长时间 |
[02:46] | You guys might want to consider putting Taylor on suicide watch. | 你们最好派人看着他 别让他自杀 |
[02:49] | Delk was his only way up. Poor guy. | 他一直想靠德尔克升官 可怜的家伙 |
[02:52] | Yeah, it’s a real tragedy. | 是呀 真是个悲剧 |
[02:54] | Flynn, lend me a hanky. | 富林 借我手绢擦泪 |
[02:59] | Major crimes. Detective Gabriel. | 我是重案组 加布里埃尔警探 |
[03:01] | Uh, chief Pope? | 保罗局长 |
[03:03] | Listen, I would have told you | 听我说 我本想事先告诉你 |
[03:04] | the mayor appointed me interim chief, | 市长任命我为临时局长的 |
[03:06] | but I just found out myself | 但我也是在来教堂的路上 |
[03:07] | in the car on the way from the church. | 才刚刚得知这个消息的 |
[03:08] | So, I-I guess this means that commander Taylor | 这是不是意味着泰勒长官 |
[03:11] | is not going to be assistant chief? | 不会成为常务副局长 |
[03:13] | That’d be a pretty good guess. Yeah. | 可能性很大 是的 |
[03:15] | Budget savings, anyway, in my keeping both positions. | 毕竟我身兼二职可以节省预算 |
[03:18] | So we’re back to normal? | 一切又恢复到从前了吧 |
[03:19] | Well, as long as there’s the word “Interim” in front “Chief,” | 只要局长的前面有”临时”两个字 |
[03:22] | I need to move carefully. | 我就得小心行事 |
[03:23] | But eventually, yeah. | 但最终 是的 |
[03:24] | And what about captain Raydor’s investigation | 那雷达队长那边对重案组办理 |
[03:27] | into major crimes of shootin’ newton case? | 牛顿市枪击案的内部调查呢 |
[03:29] | Is that over, too? | 也结束了吗 |
[03:30] | – Chief? – Uh, one second. | -头儿 -等会儿 |
[03:33] | Yeah. | 好 |
[03:34] | Chief? We caught a murder. | 头儿 我们有件谋杀案 |
[03:39] | Chief? Murder? | 头儿 谋杀案 |
[03:41] | Yes, detective. Murder. | 听到了 警探 谋杀案 |
[03:44] | – Where? – Over here, chief! | -在哪儿 -在这边 头儿 |
[03:50] | How’d y’all get here so fast? | 你们怎么都到得这么快 |
[03:51] | – Did you take the freeway? – Sepulveda. | -走的高速公路吗 -对 赛普维达线 |
[03:54] | Anyway, about an hour ago, | 大约一小时前 |
[03:55] | Officers responded to a 911 call from inside the house. | 接到报警电话的警员赶到这里 |
[03:59] | When they entered, they found the victim — | 他们进去的时候 发现了受害人 |
[04:01] | Female, early 20s — dead for days. | 女性 二十出头 死了好几天了 |
[04:04] | Who called this in? | 谁打的报警电话 |
[04:05] | That would be the homeowners, Daniel and Emily Dixon. | 是房主丹尼尔和艾米丽·迪克森夫妇 |
[04:08] | That’s their son, Jesse. | 那是他们的儿子 杰西 |
[04:09] | They just returned from vacation | 他们刚度假回来 |
[04:11] | to find their home burglarized and their house-sitter dead. | 不料却发现家被闯入了 看房人也死了 |
[04:13] | The, um, victim’s name is Ashley Reed. | 受害人的名字叫阿什利·里德 |
[04:16] | She was found by Mrs. Dixon. | 迪克森太太发现了她 |
[04:18] | Excuse me, detective? | 不好意思 警探 |
[04:21] | Oh, no. Sorry, Mr. Dixon. | 抱歉 迪克森先生 |
[04:24] | The person that you’d be looking for — | 我不是办案人员… |
[04:25] | I’m deputy chief Johnson. | 我是强生副局长 |
[04:26] | Mr. Dixon, would you mind telling me what y’all did | 迪克森先生 你们刚到家时 |
[04:29] | when you first got home? | 都做了什么 |
[04:30] | Did you touch anything? | 你们碰过任何东西吗 |
[04:31] | No, no. I don’t know. | 没有 我不知道 |
[04:34] | Like I told the officer, | 我和那个警官说了 |
[04:36] | my, uh, son just graduated from high school. | 我儿子刚从高中毕业 |
[04:38] | We took him to Hawaii for 10 days, uh, got back. | 我们带他去夏威夷玩了十天 然后回来 |
[04:42] | He was getting the bags out of the car, | 他正在把行李搬出车外 |
[04:43] | and I heard my wife scream. | 我就听见我太太尖叫 |
[04:45] | I ran in, and, uh, and I saw Ashley. | 我跑进去 然后看见了阿什利 |
[04:49] | Ashley was your house-sitter? | 阿什利帮你们照看房子吗 |
[04:50] | She wasn’t just a house-sitter. | 不仅是如此 |
[04:52] | Her mother and I are best friends since college. | 她妈妈从大学起就是我最好的朋友 |
[04:55] | I’ve known Ashley since she was a baby. | 我看着她从小长大 |
[04:57] | She was family. | 她就是家人 |
[04:59] | Oh, my god. This is my fault. | 上帝啊 这都是我的错 |
[05:00] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[05:02] | I’m the one who asked her to stay! | 是我让她留下的 |
[05:03] | Oh, my god. | 我的上帝 |
[05:04] | Ashley’s family’s all in Chicago. | 阿什利全家都在芝加哥 |
[05:06] | What am I gonna tell her mother? | 我怎么和她妈妈说呀 |
[05:08] | Better let us deal with that, ma’am. | 交给我们来处理吧 女士 |
[05:11] | Um, I’m gonna look inside now, | 我要进去看看了 |
[05:13] | but if you could keep talking to, uh, lieutenant Provenza here | 请你们继续和普罗文茨副队说说 |
[05:16] | about Ashley, | 阿什利的事 |
[05:17] | we’d like to learn everything we can. | 我们要了解所有情况 |
[05:20] | – I’m sorry. – Thank you. | -我很遗憾 -谢谢 |
[05:22] | I’m… please don’t be mad at… | 我 请别生我的气 |
[05:26] | I put a blanket over her. | 我给她盖了条毯子 |
[05:28] | I just… couldn’t stand the thought | 我只是不能忍受 |
[05:30] | of anybody seeing Ashley like that. | 人们看到阿什利这副样子 |
[05:33] | Like what? | 什么样子 |
[05:35] | Okay, Buzz. Come on. Let’s go upstairs. | 好了 巴斯 赶快 咱们上楼 |
[05:44] | Was it the fall that killed her? | 是摔死的吗 |
[05:45] | Her neck’s broken, but anything else I can’t say for sure. | 她脖子断了 但别的我也说不准 |
[05:49] | There’s a lot of decomp. | 腐烂很严重 |
[05:50] | She’s been dead a good four or five days. | 她死了足足有四五天了 |
[05:53] | She’s practically naked. | 她没穿什么衣服 |
[05:55] | Her shirt’s torn. | 吊带被扯断了 |
[05:57] | Any sign of sexual assault? | 有性侵的迹象吗 |
[05:58] | Hard to tell on a body in this condition. | 根据尸体目前的状况很难判定 |
[06:00] | You’ll have to ask the doctor. | 你得问医生 |
[06:03] | Yeah, that’s her. Ashley Reed. | 是她 阿什利·里德 |
[06:05] | Got her Illinois driver’s license. | 找到了她伊利诺伊州的驾照 |
[06:07] | And her student I.D. from USC. | 还有她南加州大学的学生证 |
[06:09] | I also found her cellphone in a suitcase full of clothes | 我在楼下客房一个满是衣服的箱子里 |
[06:12] | in the downstairs guest room. | 找到了她手机 |
[06:13] | What was she doing upstairs? | 她上楼干什么 |
[06:18] | This is worse than the master bedroom. | 这里比主卧还糟 |
[06:20] | Well, he is a teenager. | 他是个少年 |
[06:22] | Some of this mess is probably from before the break-in. | 入室抢劫前可能就这么乱 |
[06:24] | But, look, flat-screen tv is still here. | 但是 看 平板电视还在这儿 |
[06:27] | So is the stereo. And the xbox. | 音响也在 还有游戏机 |
[06:31] | If this is what they left behind… | 如果他们不偷这些东西 |
[06:33] | …what did they take? | 他们偷什么了 |
[06:37] | Cell? | 手机 |
[06:38] | Yeah. Battery’s dead. | 是 电池没电了 |
[06:41] | Not a problem. | 这不是问题 |
[06:42] | No sign of forced entry, chief. | 没有强行闯入的迹象 头儿 |
[06:44] | Well, if it wasn’t a break-in, | 如果不是入室抢劫 |
[06:46] | who would Ashley open the door for dressed like this? | 阿什利穿成这样子能给什么人开门呢 |
[06:48] | The, uh, Dixons’ story seems legit. | 迪克森一家的口供应该没问题 |
[06:51] | They showed me their plane tickets to Maui, | 他们给我看了去毛伊岛的飞机票 |
[06:53] | and then I had them open up those fancy suitcases. | 然后我让他们打开了那几个漂亮行李包 |
[06:56] | And did you see those sunburns? | 你看到那些晒伤了吗 |
[06:58] | I mean, guess they never heard of skin cancer. | 估计他从没听说过皮肤癌 |
[07:00] | Let’s just make sure that they weren’t here | 只要确定案发时 |
[07:01] | during the time of the murder. | 他们不在这就行了 |
[07:02] | So check the airports and the hotel in Maui. | 去查下机场和毛伊岛的宾馆记录 |
[07:06] | Chief, the house has definitely been picked over. | 头儿 这房子肯定是被翻过一遍了 |
[07:08] | But they didn’t bother with the big-ticket items. | 但他们没拿那些贵重的东西 |
[07:10] | Maybe they were interrupted. | 也许他们受到了干扰 |
[07:12] | I don’t know, Chief. | 不好说 头儿 |
[07:15] | This burglary looks really amateur. | 这个贼看起来挺业余的 |
[07:17] | Yeah, so, maybe somebody rapes Ashley, | 那么 也许有人强奸了阿什利 |
[07:20] | throws her over the rail, and then just staged the scene. | 把她扔下来 然后布置了这个现场 |
[07:24] | I got Ashley’s phone working. | 阿什利的电话搞定了 |
[07:26] | The last few days, | 最近几天 |
[07:27] | she’s received lots of the same text messages. | 她收到了好多条一样的短信 |
[07:29] | “Where are you?” | “你在哪呢” |
[07:30] | However, the last messages she replied to were sent — | 但是 最后一条她回复过的短信是在… |
[07:33] | Five days ago? | 五天前发的吗 |
[07:35] | Exactly. | 对的 |
[07:36] | 4:30 p.m. from A. Banks, | A·班克斯下午四点半发的 |
[07:38] | “Pick you up at 6:30?”. | “六点半去接你好吗” |
[07:39] | To which Ashley replied, “Great.” | Ashley的回复是 “太好了” |
[07:41] | And then at 9:14 p.m., another one from A. Banks. | 然后晚上九点十四 A·班克斯又发了一条 |
[07:45] | “How was bedtime?” | “睡得怎么样” |
[07:47] | Ashley wrote back, | 阿什利回复 |
[07:48] | “All is well. Kids are asleep. Have fun.” | “一切都好 孩子们都睡了 玩得开心” |
[07:50] | So, she was house-sitting here | 所以 她除了在这照看房子 |
[07:52] | and babysitting somewhere else. | 还在别的地方照看孩子 |
[07:54] | Okay, so, we have a phone number for an A. Banks. | 好的 我们有A·班克斯的电话号码 |
[07:57] | Can we get an address? | 能查到地址吗 |
[08:03] | Mrs. Banks? | 请问是班克斯夫人吗 |
[08:04] | Good morning. I’m Deputy Chief — | 上午好 我是副局长… |
[08:05] | Oh, god. What happened? | 哦 天呐 发生什么事了 |
[08:07] | Is it Alex? | 阿列克斯出事了吗 |
[08:08] | Alex? Is that your husband? | 阿列克斯 是你的丈夫吗 |
[08:10] | Yes. Yes. Was there an accident? | 是的 他出意外了吗 |
[08:13] | Uh, no, ma’am. Sorry to alarm you. | 没有 夫人 不好意思吓到你了 |
[08:16] | We just want to ask you a few questions about Ashley Reed. | 我们只是想问几个关于阿什利·里德的问题 |
[08:19] | Ashley? She’s one of Alex’s students. | 阿什利 她是阿列克斯的学生 |
[08:22] | He’s a journalism professor. | 他是新闻系教授 |
[08:24] | And does Ashley also babysit for you? | 阿什利还替你照看孩子吗 |
[08:26] | Like last Wednesday evening, for example? | 比如说上周三晚上 |
[08:28] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[08:29] | My husband and I went to dinner for our anniversary. | 我丈夫和我出去庆祝我们结婚j纪念日了 |
[08:31] | What’s this about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[08:32] | And have you heard from Ms. Reed since? | 那天以后 你有过里德小姐的消息吗 |
[08:35] | No, not since Alex drove her home. | 没有 从阿列克斯送她回家就没有了 |
[08:40] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[08:43] | Did something happen? | 出什么事了吗 |
[08:45] | Is Ashley filing a complaint? | 阿什利投诉了吗 |
[08:46] | Ma’am? | 什么 |
[08:47] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[08:49] | This is why he poured me that extra wine at dinner. | 怪不得晚餐时他灌我那么多酒 |
[08:53] | How could I be so stupid? | 我怎么这么傻呢 |
[08:56] | He hasn’t said a thing about her for almost a week. | 他几乎一周都没提起过她了 |
[08:59] | I’m sorry. I…I have to call him right away. | 对不起 我得马上给他打电话 |
[09:01] | Mrs. Banks, may I come in for a moment, just to talk? | 班克斯夫人 我能进屋跟你聊聊吗 |
[09:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:08] | – The husband? – Yes. Find him. | -她丈夫吗 -是的 找到他 |
[09:13] | So Turell Baylor confessed to the murder | 图雷利·贝勒承认谋杀了 |
[09:16] | of 74-year-old Charlie Niles | 74岁的查理·尼尔斯 |
[09:18] | and his 8-year-old grandson, Chris. | 和他8岁的孙子 克里斯 |
[09:20] | This case could not be prosecuted, however, | 但这个案子不能起诉 |
[09:22] | because, as you know, at your request, | 因为 你知道 在你的要求之下 |
[09:24] | the D.A.’s office had given Mr. Baylor immunity | 检方给了贝勒先生豁免权 |
[09:27] | in exchange for his statement. | 用来交换他的证词 |
[09:29] | Chief Johnson then released Mr. Baylor at his home. | 然后强生局长把他送回了家里 |
[09:32] | Later that day, | 那天晚些时候 |
[09:33] | He was found beaten to death behind his residence. | 他在自己家后面被打死了 |
[09:36] | But Chief Johnson’s conduct during this investigation, | 但强生局长在调查中的行为 |
[09:39] | and that of her division, | 以及她部门的行为 |
[09:40] | fell entirely within California State Law | 完全符合加州法律 |
[09:42] | and the rules and policy of the L.A.P.D.. | 以及洛杉矶警局的规定和政策 |
[09:46] | Case closed. | 案子结了 |
[09:48] | I am done. | 我不再纠缠这个案子了 |
[09:51] | I got to say, Captain, on the face of it, | 我得说 队长 从表面看 |
[09:52] | this audit seems incredibly superficial. | 这个审查看起来相当流于表面 |
[09:57] | Sir? | 你的意思是… |
[09:57] | I want you to go back down to major crimes, | 我希望你回重案组去 |
[09:59] | Interview everyone, and make sure we have no vulnerabilities. | 跟每个人面谈 确定没有能让人抓住的把柄 |
[10:04] | We always have vulnerabilities. | 我们总是有能让人抓住的把柄 |
[10:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:09] | If you want further analysis of our legal defense, | 如果你想进一步分析我们的法律辩护 |
[10:13] | then I think the city attorney — | 我觉得地检署… |
[10:14] | No. I’m not opening our files to any outsiders. Period. | 不 我不会把任何文件给外面人看 就是这样 |
[10:17] | My relationship with Chief Johnson is already complicated. | 我和强生局长的关系已经很复杂了 |
[10:21] | Yeah, well, you’re the one who decided | 是吗 不过是你自己决定 |
[10:22] | on a career in internal affairs. | 要干内部调查这行的 |
[10:24] | Look, I don’t know exactly what happened that day, | 听着 我不知道那天到底发生了什么 |
[10:26] | But obviously dropping Turell Baylor off | 但显然在一群愤怒的帮派分子面前 |
[10:28] | in front of angry gang members | 让图雷利·贝勒下车 |
[10:29] | was not Chief Johnson’s finest hour. | 不是强生局长最好的表现 |
[10:31] | And insisting on immunity for a child killer | 而坚持给一个谋杀小孩的人豁免权 |
[10:34] | was not yours. | 也不是你最好的表现 |
[10:37] | Listen, Captain. | 听着 队长 |
[10:40] | I plan on keeping this job. | 我的计划是保住这份工作 |
[10:42] | Part of that plan is making sure this lawsuit | 这计划的一部分是确保这次诉讼 |
[10:44] | does not reflect badly on the L.A.P.D.. | 不会对洛杉矶警局有严重负面影响 |
[10:47] | You will go back down to major crimes and finish your audit. | 你会回到重案组去 完成你的审查 |
[11:00] | Seeing that I am legally prohibited | 鉴于法律禁止我 |
[11:03] | from discussing with Chief Johnson | 和强生局长讨论 |
[11:05] | why I am haunting her murder room. | 为什么我在她那阴魂不散 |
[11:07] | Would you perhaps consider telling her | 你是否可以考虑告诉她 |
[11:11] | that I am there under direct orders from you? | 是你直接命令我这么干的 |
[11:15] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[11:17] | This is the worst part of my job. | 这是我工作里最糟糕的部分了 |
[11:20] | Great to see you as well, Detective. | 我也很高兴见到你 警探 |
[11:21] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[11:23] | Now, there’s not much I can tell you. | 暂时 我没有多少能告诉你们的 |
[11:24] | Five days on the floor even with the A.C. running, | 放在地板上五天 就算开着空调 |
[11:27] | the body’s in terrible condition. | 尸体的状况还是很糟 |
[11:28] | The intracranial bleeding and the broken neck | 颅内出血和扭断的脖子 |
[11:30] | are consistent with a fall. | 和跌落相符 |
[11:32] | But look. | 但是 你们看 |
[11:35] | Bruising on the bicep that appears to be perimortem. | 肱二头肌上的瘀伤应该是临死前造成的 |
[11:37] | She was grabbed…Trying to get away from her killer, maybe. | 她被抓住了 也许是想逃离凶手 |
[11:40] | Or being thrown off the landing. | 或者是被人扔下去 |
[11:44] | A-and, um, what about rape? | 还有 她被强奸了吗 |
[11:46] | No evidence of foreign biological materials. | 没有外来分泌物的痕迹 |
[11:49] | Though she was dead for so long before you found her, | 不过你们找到她时 她已经死了很久了 |
[11:51] | I can’t rule it out. | 所以我也不能排除这个 |
[11:52] | When you opened her up, | 你解剖她时 |
[11:53] | could you see if Ms. Reed was pregnant | 能不能看看Reed小姐有没有怀孕 |
[11:55] | or recently had an abortion? | 或者最近有过流产 |
[11:57] | You know something I don’t? | 有什么隐情吗 |
[11:58] | Ashley was babysitting for one of her professors, | 阿什利帮她的一个教授照看孩子 |
[12:01] | a Mr. Alex Banks. | 阿列克斯·班克斯先生 |
[12:02] | The man who drove her home the night she died. | 案发当晚 他送她回家 |
[12:04] | And according to his wife, | 而根据他妻子所说 |
[12:05] | the professor had an affair with another student 10 months ago. | 教授在10个月前和另一个学生有染 |
[12:08] | How’d the wife find out? | 妻子怎么发现的 |
[12:10] | The professor paid for the young woman’s abortion | 这教授用他的信用卡 |
[12:12] | on his credit card. | 给那个女孩付的流产费用 |
[12:13] | Hmm. Careless. | 太不小心了 |
[12:14] | That’s why it’s a good idea to keep cash around the house. | 所以说平时最好多备些现金 |
[12:17] | So you think Ashley here | 所以你觉得阿什利 |
[12:18] | might have been the professor’s latest girlfriend? | 可能是教授新任女友吗 |
[12:20] | Maybe she just found him more resistible. | 也许她发现他比较经得住诱惑 |
[12:22] | The last one he knocked up. | 上一个被他搞大了肚子 |
[12:25] | This one he knocked down. | 这一个被他扔下楼了 |
[12:32] | Everything about the Dixon Maui trip checks out. | 迪克森一家的毛伊岛之行全被核实了 |
[12:36] | Their alibi holds. | 他们的不在场证明成立了 |
[12:37] | So, I had the family give me a list | 所以我让那家人 |
[12:39] | of everything that was stolen from the house, Chief. | 给了我一份失窃清单 头儿 |
[12:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:41] | I doubt we’ll recover any of it, Chief, but, uh, | 估计我们什么也找不回来 头儿 但是 |
[12:43] | I’m putting it into the stolen property system just in case. | 我还是输入了失窃物品系统 以防万一 |
[12:46] | Chief, I got professor A. Banks mirandized | 头儿 我向A·班克斯教授宣读过权利了 |
[12:49] | and waiting for you in interview 1. | 他在一号审讯室等你 |
[12:50] | I, uh, took his cellphone, | 我拿走了他的手机 |
[12:52] | so he hasn’t had a chance to speak to his wife. | 所以他没机会跟他妻子通话 |
[12:54] | But he’s got lots of questions. | 但他有一堆问题 |
[12:55] | Yeah, so do I. | 是吗 我也有一堆问题 |
[12:57] | Chief. Chief! | 头儿 头儿 |
[12:59] | Could you hang on there just one second? | 稍等一下 |
[13:01] | W-what’s the matter, Lieutenant? | 怎么了 副队 |
[13:04] | Captain Raydor. | 雷达队长 |
[13:05] | And I know you asked me to give her everything she needs. | 我知道你说过 她要什么就给她什么 |
[13:08] | But now she wants to interview every member of our division, | 但她现在要和我们部门每个人面谈 |
[13:11] | Starting with me. | 从我开始 |
[13:12] | I’m telling you, the guys are starting to ask questions. | 我跟你说 大家已经开始起疑了 |
[13:15] | Chief… | 头儿 |
[13:17] | What is this all about? | 这到底是怎么事情 |
[13:19] | I don’t know anymore. | 我也弄不清了 |
[13:21] | Captain Raydor, may I speak with you for a moment, please? | 雷达队长 可以和你说几句话吗 |
[13:23] | – Oh, of course. Yes. – Thank you. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[13:28] | What on earth are you still doing here? | 你在这里到底还要做什么 |
[13:30] | I am conducting a transparency audit | 我在进行牛顿市枪击案的 |
[13:33] | on the shootin’ newton murders. | 透明监察行动 |
[13:35] | Ordered by chief Delk, and he’s dead. | 那是德尔克局长的命令 他已经去世了 |
[13:38] | I’m positive that chief Pope will reverse that decision. | 我确信保罗局长会更改这个命令的 |
[13:41] | But until I am ordered to leave, you understand? | 但我还没有接到离开的命令 明白吗 |
[13:45] | Until I am ordered to leave, then I must proceed. | 接到命令之前 我还是得继续 |
[13:49] | I need to interview every member of your division, | 我需要询问你部门的所有人员 |
[13:52] | including Commander Taylor and Buzz Watson, | 包括泰勒长官和巴斯·沃特森 |
[13:55] | starting now, | 现在就开始 |
[13:55] | as long as it doesn’t interfere | 只要没有妨碍到 |
[13:57] | with the proper execution of their duties. | 他们的本职工作 |
[14:04] | All right then. | 好吧 |
[14:05] | Uh, detective Sanchez, please get a warrant | 桑切斯警探 申请搜查令 |
[14:07] | to search the professor’s home, car, and office. | 去搜查教授的房子 车和办公室 |
[14:10] | And, uh, take Buzz along with you to document everything. | 带上巴斯 让他把所有东西都录下来 |
[14:12] | But you have an interview, chief. | 局长 你要进行询问 |
[14:14] | – Shouldn’t I – No. Thank you. | -我不是应该… -不 谢谢 |
[14:15] | And, commander Taylor, are you here? | 泰勒长官 在吗 |
[14:17] | Yeah, I’m here, chief. | 我在 局长 |
[14:19] | Of course you are. | 当然 |
[14:20] | Um, I’d like you to supervise the rest of the squad | 你去监督小组其他成员 |
[14:22] | on a grid search. | 进行地毯式搜索 |
[14:24] | Please get copies of the theft reports | 拿一份失窃报告的复印件 |
[14:26] | and see if you can find the Dixons’ stolen property | 看是否能在他们家和教授家的路上 |
[14:29] | anywhere between their home and the professor’s. | 找到迪克森家失窃的物品 |
[14:31] | Yes, Ma’am. A grid search. | 是 长官 地毯式搜索 |
[14:34] | Breaks up my day a little. | 一天就这么打乱了 |
[14:37] | Is this grid search really necessary? | 地毯式搜索 真的有必要吗 |
[14:40] | If the burglary was a cover-up for Ashley Reed’s murder, | 如果入室行窃是为了掩饰谋杀阿什利·里德的话 |
[14:43] | then the killer or killers would have dumped the items | 那么凶手会尽快把偷到的东西 |
[14:45] | as quickly as possible. | 处理掉的 |
[14:46] | You’re sending your entire division | 你把整个部门 |
[14:47] | on a citywide scavenger hunt | 派出去做全市范围的网格搜索 |
[14:49] | in order to frustrate my investigation. | 就是为了阻扰我的调查 |
[14:51] | Your investigation is going to be history | 等我给保罗局长做简报之后 |
[14:52] | the moment I brief chief Pope. | 你的调查就要成为历史了 |
[14:54] | Well, I’d love to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. | 我很希望可以听到这样的谈话 |
[14:56] | Make sure you let me know what Pope says. | 请务必把保罗的反馈告诉我 |
[15:05] | Professor Banks? | 班克斯教授 |
[15:07] | I’m so sorry to have kept you waiting. | 不好意思 让你久等了 |
[15:09] | I’m deputy chief Johnson. | 我是强生副局长 |
[15:10] | I want to thank you so much for dropping in. | 谢谢你的到访 |
[15:12] | I didn’t drop in. I was practically arrested. | 我这不是拜访 我简直是被押到这里的 |
[15:15] | When is someone gonna tell me what the hell is going on here? | 这到底是怎么回事 |
[15:17] | Oh, I apologize. | 我很抱歉 |
[15:19] | We’re conducting an investigation, | 我们在执行一项调查 |
[15:21] | And we didn’t want any details leaked to the press. | 我们不想让媒体知道任何消息 |
[15:24] | So, I’m sure being a journalism professor, you can understand. | 作为新闻学的教授 你可以理解的吧 |
[15:27] | Maybe if we were in Soviet Russia. | 如果是在苏联 或许还可以理解 |
[15:30] | Part of my citizenship test | 我的公民资格考试中 |
[15:31] | covered the openness of the American legal system, | 有涉及到美国法律系统的公开性 |
[15:34] | so I’m just a little bit surprised to be dragged downtown | 被警方秘密地带到这里来 |
[15:36] | on secret police business. | 我有些惊讶 |
[15:38] | It’s not a secret, and you did get your rights read to you. | 这不是秘密 我们已经宣读了你的权利 |
[15:43] | Are you familiar with a young woman | 你和一个名为阿什利·里德 |
[15:44] | by the name of Ashley Reed? | 的年轻女人熟吗 |
[15:46] | “Familiar”? | “熟”是什么意思 |
[15:47] | Yes, I’m familiar with Ashley. | 是的 我们和阿什利熟 |
[15:49] | She’s a student in my journalism seminar. | 她是我新闻学研讨班的学生 |
[15:50] | I’m her independent-study adviser. | 我是她独立研究的指导老师 |
[15:53] | Do you have a personal relationship with her, | 我是说你和她之间在学业之外 |
[15:54] | outside of class, I mean? | 有私人关系吗 |
[15:57] | She’s done some work for my family. | 她还为我家干点活 |
[16:00] | She looked after your children for you and your wife last week, | 上周 她帮你们夫妻照顾孩子 |
[16:02] | – is that right? – Yes. | -有这回事吗 -是的 |
[16:05] | And when she was done? | 几点结束的 |
[16:07] | I drove her back to… | 我开车送她 |
[16:11] | where she was house-sitting nearby, so… | 去她照料的那所房子附近 |
[16:13] | And when you dropped her off | 你让她下车之后 |
[16:14] | did you by any chance walk her to the door? | 你曾和她一起走入屋里吗 |
[16:18] | No, I don’t believe I did. | 不 我不觉得我有 |
[16:20] | Just a simple question, professor. | 教授 这个问题很简单 |
[16:21] | Either you walked her to the door, or you didn’t. | 要么有 要么没有 |
[16:24] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[16:25] | She got out of the car, and I went straight home. | 她下车后 我就直接回家了 |
[16:30] | – So, you didn’t go inside the house with her? – No. | -你没有跟她一起进屋 -没有 |
[16:33] | You didn’t take her clothes off? | 你没有脱去她的衣服吗 |
[16:36] | God, no. | 天呐 没有 |
[16:39] | What the hell is this about? | 这到底是关于什么的 |
[16:42] | Has Ashley made a complaint? | 阿什利投诉我了吗 |
[16:44] | Do you have a history of complaints, sir? | 先生 你曾经被投诉过吗 |
[16:46] | I don’t understand your question. | 我不明白你的问题 |
[16:48] | Well, how about this, then — | 那么这个问题呢 |
[16:49] | have you ever had sexual relations | 你曾经和你班的学生 |
[16:51] | with any of the girls in your class? | 有过性关系吗 |
[16:54] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[16:55] | So, if I were to ask all your current students | 那么 如果我去询问你所有的学生 |
[16:57] | and the former ones that question, they would agree? | 她们给出的答案 会和你的一样吧 |
[17:00] | Absolutely. Now, these questions are incredibly personal, | 绝对是的 这些问题非常隐私 |
[17:03] | and I have no idea what they’re about at all. | 我不知道这是怎么回事 |
[17:06] | I’ll give you the headline. | 我告诉你报纸标题吧 |
[17:10] | “Co-ed brutally slain.” | 女学生被残忍杀死 |
[17:13] | Not a picture you can put on the front page, I imagine. | 我猜 这照片是不会放在头版的 |
[17:18] | Now, take a good look, professor, if you would. | 教授 好好看看吧 |
[17:21] | Do you recognize that woman? | 你认识这个女人吗 |
[17:23] | I know it might be hard | 可能不容易辨认 |
[17:24] | ’cause she’s been dead for five days. | 因为她已经死了五天了 |
[17:28] | Ashley’s… | 阿什利她… |
[17:30] | been dead for five days? | 死了五天了吗 |
[17:33] | And from what you just told me, | 根据你告诉我的情况 |
[17:34] | you were the last person to see her alive. | 你是最后一个见到她的人 |
[17:38] | You can’t think I did this. | 你不会认为是我干的吧 |
[17:40] | Well, the thought crossed my mind, | 有这么怀疑过 |
[17:41] | especially since you just lied | 尤其当你撒谎 |
[17:43] | about having an affair with one of your students | 说你和你学生没有性关系的时候 |
[17:45] | and the abortion you paid for — | 你还付钱让她去堕胎 |
[17:47] | At least if what your wife tells me is true. | 如果你妻子说的是事实的话 |
[17:50] | You spoke to Sara? | 你和萨拉谈过了 |
[17:52] | Oh, my. Did I just reveal my source? | 天呐 我泄露消息来源了吗 |
[17:54] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[17:56] | Would you like to comment on the murder of Ashley Reed, | 你对阿什利·里德的谋杀案还有什么要说的 |
[17:59] | for the record? | 正式的口供 |
[18:05] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[18:06] | It is a big test ahead. | 这是一个巨大的考验 |
[18:09] | But, uh…under these unfortunate circumstances, | 但是 出了这么不幸的事情 |
[18:13] | I’m very grateful to have such supportive partners. | 我很高兴有这样支持我的同伴 |
[18:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:19] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 长官 |
[18:20] | Okay. Bye-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[18:22] | Could you knock, just since I’m chief? | 我可是局长 你就不能敲敲门吗 |
[18:25] | Interim chief. | 代局长 |
[18:27] | – You wanted to see me? – Yes. | -你要见我 -是的 |
[18:29] | Why did you pull 20 uniforms off patrol | 你为什么抽调20个巡逻警员 |
[18:31] | and send them on a grid search with your entire division? | 协同你整个部门的人员出去做地毯式搜索 |
[18:34] | Because I couldn’t get a confession, | 因为我没能得到供词 |
[18:36] | and if the suspect faked the burglary of the Dixon house | 或许迪克森家的入室行窃是嫌疑犯伪造的 |
[18:39] | to cover up the rape and murder of my victim, | 用来掩饰强奸谋杀受害者的 |
[18:41] | then he probably dumped whatever he stole on the way home. | 他可能把偷来的东西扔在回家的路上 |
[18:43] | So, you send your whole squad out on | 那么 你把所有小组派出去 |
[18:46] | legitimate police business | 是因为正当的公事 |
[18:47] | and not just to avoid captain Raydor? | 而不是避开雷达队长 |
[18:50] | Oh, Will. | 威尔 |
[18:51] | Please, please. | 拜托你了 |
[18:53] | Can’t you just make her go away? | 你就不能让她走吗 |
[18:56] | It’s…inconvenient. I know. | 我知道这不方便 |
[18:59] | Look, when Delk assigned Raydor this audit, | 当德尔克把审查任务分配给雷达时 |
[19:01] | I openly opposed it. | 我是公开反对的 |
[19:04] | But since it’s underway now, we need to see it through. | 但是既然已经开展了 就让她完成吧 |
[19:06] | By the way, I saw myself on TV in the uniform. | 我看见自己在电视上穿制服的样子 |
[19:10] | Why did you not tell me I’d gotten so… | 你怎么不告诉我 我这么 |
[19:13] | Sorry. You’re fat. Feel better? | 对不起 你是很胖 好点了吗 |
[19:17] | I’m a little more concerned about captain Raydor | 我有点担心雷达队长 |
[19:19] | interviewing my entire division and asking Taylor about me. | 询问我整个部门的人 还询问泰勒 |
[19:22] | Yeah, I know. That’s annoying. | 我知道 这很烦人 |
[19:23] | And how much longer is he gonna stay in that stupid cubicle? | 他还要在那个小隔间里呆多久 |
[19:25] | Brenda, look, I can’t start shuffling people around | 布兰达 在我自己的形势还没明朗之前 |
[19:28] | until my own situation is settled, okay? | 我是不能把别人支走的 好吧 |
[19:30] | Taylor is temporary. Raydor is temporary. | 泰勒是暂时在这里 雷达也是暂时在这里 |
[19:32] | Unless you want somebody new coming in | 如果你不想让其他有可能会 |
[19:34] | who may or may not dismantle Major Crimes | 解散重案组的人当局长的话 |
[19:36] | We need to focus on making me permanent. | 我们就要集中精力把我的位子保稳了 |
[19:39] | Well, what’s the point of being in charge | 如果你除了菜谱什么都改变不了 |
[19:40] | If you can’t change anything but your diet? | 就算大权在握 又有什么意思呢 |
[19:43] | Just be patient, will you? I’m working on it. | 耐心点好吗 我在努力 |
[19:45] | These things take time. | 改变需要时间 |
[19:49] | You spend your whole life in the system. | 你的一生都奉献给了警察事业 |
[19:52] | You trust that your hard work and years of service | 你相信多年来的勤勉刻苦和兢兢业业 |
[19:55] | are being recognized and — and good things will come to you. | 会得到他人的认可 你会有所回报 |
[19:59] | Then, poof, your reward drops dead | 然后噗的一下 你的奖赏 |
[20:03] | right in front of your eyes. | 在你眼皮底下消失了 |
[20:06] | Should have brought my own car. | 真该自己开车来 |
[20:07] | I played the game. | 我也玩手段 |
[20:08] | I-I-I played the game as well as anyone. | 玩得和别人一样好 |
[20:13] | Guess I was just riding the wrong horse. | 大概我是站错了队吧 |
[20:16] | Probably the extra weight that killed him. | 可能就是你这个累赘害死他的 |
[20:20] | Gabriel! | 加布里埃尔 |
[20:21] | Gabriel, did you find anything? | 加布里埃尔 有什么发现吗 |
[20:23] | Uh, no, actually. | 实际上 没有 |
[20:25] | The, uh, garbage on this side of the street | 街道这边的垃圾 |
[20:27] | Was picked up yesterday. | 昨天就被清理了 |
[20:28] | So, I sent the patrol officers to the dump, | 所以我让巡警去垃圾场查看 |
[20:30] | and when they get back we can check | 他们回来后 我们就能检查 |
[20:31] | across the street over there and see what they find in — | 那边的街道 看看他们找到了… |
[20:33] | Oh, no. No. No waiting. | 不不不 我等够了 |
[20:35] | Now, I am not going to stay here any longer than I have to. | 如果可以走 我立马就走了 |
[20:40] | So, you get your coveralls, young man. | 年轻人 你穿上工作服 |
[20:42] | You’re going in. | 你自己去 |
[20:45] | Are you gonna help? | 你会来帮忙吗 |
[20:47] | I don’t dumpster. | 我又不是捡垃圾的 |
[20:53] | Ma’am, this warrant gives us the right to search your home, | 女士 这是搜查令 |
[20:55] | garage, automobiles, computers, and e-mail accounts. | 以及垃圾 车辆 电脑和电子邮件账户 |
[20:58] | But if you could sign this consent form, | 请你在同意书上签名 |
[21:00] | it would show your cooperation. | 这表示你愿意合作 |
[21:02] | I need to talk to my husband. | 我得和我丈夫谈谈 |
[21:04] | He’s not answering his phone. | 他不接电话 |
[21:06] | I mean, have you…found some kind of evidence that he — | 你们找到什么证据证明他… |
[21:11] | I mean, is he under arrest? | 我是说 他被捕了吗 |
[21:13] | Ma’am, we just need to search the house. | 女士 搜查房屋是例行公事 |
[21:16] | Hope you guys aren’t too hot. | 希望你们不会觉得很热 |
[21:19] | If I find a big umbrella in here, I’ll make you some shade. | 如果我翻出一把大伞 我会给你们挡太阳的 |
[21:23] | He had me to his house, you know — Delk — | 德尔克逼我去他家 |
[21:26] | right before he died. | 就在他去世之前 |
[21:27] | “Trust me,” He says. “I got big plans for you.” | “相信我” 他说 “我为你铺好了路” |
[21:31] | Hey, wait. Wait, wait, wait. Hey. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[21:33] | Whoa. Hang on. Hang on. | 慢着 慢着 |
[21:34] | Gabriel, get down here. | 加布里埃尔 出来看看 |
[21:36] | Gladly. | 乐意之至 |
[21:39] | Now, that’s the same kind of luggage that the Dixons had, | 这和迪克森一家带去夏威夷的行李 |
[21:43] | The ones they took to Hawaii. | 是同一款的 |
[21:44] | – You sure? – Yeah, yeah. | -你肯定吗 -是的 |
[21:46] | Must be part of a set. Open that up, David. | 肯定是一套中的一件 大卫 打开看看 |
[21:52] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信啊 |
[21:56] | – Good catch, lieutenant. – Yeah. | -火眼金睛啊 副队 -是啊 |
[21:59] | Good catch. | 火眼金睛 |
[22:10] | Oh. It’s password-protected. | 有密保 |
[22:13] | Let me see if I can get ahold of the manufacturer. | 看看能不能与制造商联系 |
[22:15] | Sometimes, if you give them a serial number, | 有时 如果你报出序列号 |
[22:17] | they can give you a workaround. | 他们会帮你想办法 |
[22:18] | Excellent job, commander. | 干得好 长官 |
[22:20] | Can’t believe you found anything. | 没想到你们还真找到些东西 |
[22:21] | Well, never bet against my years of experience, captain. | 队长 别把我多年的经验视作儿戏 |
[22:25] | Yeah. We couldn’t have done it without you. | 是啊 缺了你我们可办不到 |
[22:28] | A regular Nancy Drew. | 你就是名侦探柯南啊 |
[22:30] | English. | 英语 |
[22:31] | Did you find professor Banks’ fingerprints | 在你找到的物品上 |
[22:34] | on any of the items that you recovered? | 有没有发现班克斯教授的指纹 |
[22:36] | Uh, no. But we’ll get him. Don’t you worry. | 没有 我们会抓到他的 别担心 |
[22:38] | Tech…support! | 技术 支持 |
[22:40] | Hey, so, I’m entering the stuff we found | 我把我们找到的东西 |
[22:42] | into the stolen property system, and it’s a funny thing — | 加入赃物系统 奇怪的是 |
[22:45] | The Dixons, they never mention a missing laptop. | 迪克森一家对丢了笔记本只字未提 |
[22:47] | Representative. | 代表 |
[22:48] | Maybe the computer belonged to Ashley Reed | 也许这是阿什利·里德的电脑 |
[22:50] | and the professor took it | 教授拿走电脑 |
[22:52] | to hide incriminating communication between them. | 来隐藏他俩罪证确凿的聊天记录 |
[22:54] | Representative. | 代表 |
[22:56] | Representative! | 代 表 |
[22:59] | Oh, geez. I’m gonna be here all night. | 天啊 我得在这里耗一晚上了 |
[23:01] | Chief, the professor’s wife is here to see him. | 头儿 教授的妻子来见他 |
[23:04] | We set them up in the break room. | 我们安排他们在休息室见面 |
[23:05] | I wired the walls and the ceiling tiles like you asked. | 如你吩咐 我在墙和天花板上装了窃听器 |
[23:07] | I can’t guarantee that they’ll always be on camera, | 我无法保证一直都能看到他们 |
[23:10] | but the sound should be fine. | 但声音肯定没问题 |
[23:11] | All right, then. | 那好吧 |
[23:12] | Let’s see what the, uh, lovebirds have to say to each other. | 让我们听听这对恩爱夫妻会说些什么 |
[23:25] | How many more were there? | 还有多少个 |
[23:27] | Just tell me, Alex. | 阿列克斯 你就告诉我吧 |
[23:31] | How many other students were you screwing? | 你还和多少学生乱搞过 |
[23:33] | None, Sara. | 萨拉 一个也没有 |
[23:36] | It’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[23:37] | Let’s just get it all out, okay? | 我们打开天窗说亮话吧 |
[23:41] | Now that things are as bad as they can be. | 既然事已至此 |
[23:44] | The police tore apart our house, Alex, | 阿列克斯 警察把我们的房子翻了个底朝天 |
[23:47] | right in front of the children. | 就当着孩子们的面 |
[23:51] | Just tell me what you did to that poor girl. | 告诉我你对那可怜的姑娘做了什么 |
[23:54] | You don’t really believe I murdered her. | 你不会以为我杀她了吧 |
[23:57] | Do you seriously think | 你真的以为 |
[23:59] | that I’m capable of something like that? | 我有胆子做出这种事来吗 |
[24:01] | I didn’t think you were capable of cheating on me, either, | 我也没想到你居然有胆子找外遇 |
[24:04] | And I never in a million years thought | 我至死也没有想过 |
[24:05] | that you could lie to my | 你毁了我们一家 |
[24:06] | face while you were destroying our family! | 还能当着我的面撒谎 |
[24:08] | I promised I would never | 我保证我以后 |
[24:10] | do anything like that to you again. | 再也不会犯这样的错了 |
[24:12] | I’ve been taking our counseling seriously. | 我一直很重视我们的婚姻咨询 |
[24:13] | I’m spending more time with the kids. | 我有多花时间陪着孩子们 |
[24:15] | I am trying so hard to rebuild our trust. | 我拼命想重建彼此的信任 |
[24:18] | Yeah, well, it’s not working. | 那是白费力气 |
[24:26] | Did you marry me to become a citizen? | 你娶我就是为了成为美国公民吗 |
[24:30] | Just tell the truth, Alex. | 说实话吧 阿列克斯 |
[24:32] | Was I a way out of visas and green cards? | 我是不是你拿签证和绿卡的跳板 |
[24:34] | Oh, let’s not have this conversation again! | 你他妈别这样说 |
[24:46] | I understand why you’re so upset. I do. | 我很理解你为什么这么生气 真的 |
[24:51] | But this is important. | 但是这很重要 |
[24:55] | If you talk to the police again, | 如果警察又问你话 |
[24:58] | you need to tell them… | 你得告诉他们 |
[25:01] | …that I came straight home after I dropped Ashley off | 我送阿列克斯到家后就直接回去了 |
[25:05] | and that you were awake when I got into bed. | 我上床睡觉时你还醒着 |
[25:10] | W-what? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[25:12] | Because that’s what I told them. | 因为我们得统一供词 |
[25:17] | Here we go. | 有情况 |
[25:19] | Let’s hope. | 但愿吧 |
[25:22] | You mean, you didn’t come straight home? | 你是说 你没有直接回家吗 |
[25:27] | Oh, my God, Alex. | 天啊 阿列克斯 |
[25:29] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[25:32] | I, uh… | 我 |
[25:35] | I…drove around for a little bit. | 我四处转悠了几圈 |
[25:40] | – What did you do, alex? – I was tired, and– | -你做了些什么 A阿列克斯 -我很累 所以我 |
[25:42] | No! Just tell me the truth! | 少来这一套 说实话 |
[25:45] | What did you do?! | 你做了些什么 |
[25:50] | I drove by Chloe’s house again. | 我又开车经过克洛伊家了 |
[25:52] | Chloe? Who’s that? | 克洛伊是谁 |
[25:53] | That’s the former student/mistress. | 他的学生兼旧情人 |
[25:57] | What? | 什么 |
[26:00] | You…you went to that whore’s house again? | 你…你又去那个婊子家里了吗 |
[26:03] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗 |
[26:05] | While I was passed out | 当你给我不停倒酒 |
[26:06] | from the extra wine that you put in my glass | 把我灌醉后 |
[26:08] | while your own children were | 当你的孩子们 |
[26:11] | – sleeping in their beds… – Don’t use them — | -安然入睡后 -别提起他们 |
[26:12] | …on our anniversary?! | 就在我们的结婚纪念日那天 |
[26:14] | It was — it was the wrong thing to do. | 那…那是个错误 |
[26:15] | I am really sorry, | 真的很抱歉 |
[26:17] | And I am completely ashamed right now. | 我现在感觉无比的羞愧 |
[26:21] | – But I did not go in to her house. – Ashamed. | -但是我没进她家的门 -羞愧啊 |
[26:23] | – What are you — – I did not get out of the car. | -你他妈… -我都没下车 |
[26:25] | I did not talk to her even! | 更没和她说话 |
[26:27] | – And I came right home! – Why are you even telling me this?! | -然后我就直接回家了 -为什么你要告诉我 |
[26:38] | Because I lied to the police, | 因为我对警察撒谎了 |
[26:41] | and they may ask you where I was… | 也许他们会问起我去了哪里 |
[26:44] | …so I still mean… | 萨拉 如果你… |
[26:46] | anything to you, Sara… | 还念一丝旧情… |
[26:51] | Listen. | 听着 |
[26:54] | Knowing how this will make you feel, | 我知道你听到这些的感受 |
[26:59] | I would never tell you that I drove by chloe’s house | 如果这事有半点虚假 我无论如何 |
[27:03] | unless it were true. | 也不会告诉你的 |
[27:10] | If you could just — | 如果你可以… |
[27:11] | Don’t…touch me. | 别 碰我 |
[27:23] | Sara…This is my life… | 萨拉 这件事… |
[27:27] | we’re talking about. | 事关我的人生 |
[27:30] | It’s not what you think. | 根本不是你所想的那样 |
[27:32] | You want to know what I think? | 你知道我想的是什么吗 |
[27:35] | I think you need a lawyer. | 我在想你需要一个律师 |
[27:39] | I think I need one, too. | 我也需要 |
[27:44] | That’s enough to hold him overnight. | 这些证据足够让他在这里过夜 |
[27:46] | Lieutenant Flynn, would you please | 富林副队 告诉教授 |
[27:47] | extend an invitation to the professor, please? | 我们想邀请他在这里多呆一会 |
[28:04] | I told you, didn’t I tell you? | 你敢说我没跟你讲过 |
[28:06] | I told you do not trust Pope. | 我跟你讲过不要相信保罗 |
[28:08] | Look, Will is in a difficult position right now. | 听着 威尔现在处境很艰难 |
[28:10] | Difficult position? He’s chief. | 处境艰难 他是局长 |
[28:11] | And now that he’s on top, he’s gonna fight to stay there, | 他现在又高高在上 肯定会不惜一切代价 |
[28:13] | even if that means throwing you under the bus. | 和你划清界限也在所不惜 |
[28:15] | You know, Will is on this lawsuit, too. | 但是威尔也同样被告啦 |
[28:17] | It’s Raydor. | 是雷达 |
[28:18] | Now she wants to interview my entire division. | 现在她想审问我的整个队伍 |
[28:20] | – Ah-ha! – What “Ah-ha”? | -啊哈 -啊哈什么 |
[28:21] | Pope sicced Raydor on you | 是保罗指使雷达在背后戳你 |
[28:23] | so you could take all the blame, | 这样你就要承担所有的责任 |
[28:24] | and he gets to keep his fourth star. | 而他就可以保住他那四道杠 |
[28:26] | No. Your friend chief Delk | 不 是你的好朋友德尔克局长 |
[28:28] | sicced Raydor on me. | 指使雷达在背后戳我 |
[28:29] | And she’s still following you, isn’t she? | 她现在还在缠着你 对吧 |
[28:31] | Because Pope wants her to. | 那是因为保罗想让她这么做 |
[28:32] | He is a survivor, that guy, like a — like a cockroach. | 他就是个打不死的蟑螂小强 |
[28:35] | Look, when it comes to Will, you are just irrational. | 每次和威尔沾边的事 你都会变得极不理智 |
[28:38] | Yeah, well, you’re — you’re just too trusting. | 是你太过于相信他 |
[28:41] | I guarantee you, if you don’t look out for yourself, | 我跟你打包票 如果你不自己留神 |
[28:43] | no one else in the L.A.P.D. — And I mean no one — | 没人能在洛城警局支持你 没人 |
[28:46] | is gonna end up having your back. | 能在你的背后支持你 |
[28:49] | Lieutenant Tao, you’re still at work? | 陶副队 你还在工作 |
[28:51] | I’m sorry to call so late, chief. | 局长 很抱歉这么晚打电话 |
[28:52] | You know that computer we found in the dumpster? | 在垃圾堆里找到的电脑 |
[28:55] | I couldn’t get past the password, | 我无法打开密码 |
[28:57] | and the company was no help. | 原厂公司又帮不上忙 |
[28:59] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:00] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没关系 |
[29:01] | I just think it’s so great you stayed so late | 我只是很感动你帮我查办案件 |
[29:03] | to help me with my case. | 在办公室呆到这么晚 |
[29:05] | I knew you had my back! | 有你一直在支持我 |
[29:07] | Hey, Tao doesn’t count. | 陶不算 |
[29:10] | Okay. | 那就不算吧 |
[29:11] | Oh, but, chief, here’s some news. | 但局长 我发现一条新线索 |
[29:13] | I just got around to entering the laptop into the S.P.S… | 我刚才查找关于这台电脑的资料时进入SPS |
[29:15] | That’s the “Stolen property system.” | 就是”被盗物品系统”的简写 |
[29:17] | I know what that means, lieutenant. | 我知道这个简写 副队 |
[29:18] | Well, I-it turns out it was stolen. | 结果发现这台电脑是赃物 |
[29:20] | Well, obviously, it was stolen. | 它当然是赃物 |
[29:22] | No, no, no, chief. | 不是的 局长 |
[29:22] | The laptop was put into the system…four months ago. | 这台电脑是四个月前被盗的 |
[29:27] | Four months ago? | 四个月之前 |
[29:29] | Then who owned it before last week? | 那这四个月来谁拿着这台电脑 |
[29:37] | Well, I don’t remember needing a password to access it, | 我记得当时不需要输入密码 |
[29:40] | but this is my old laptop, all right. | 但这确实是我丢的那台 |
[29:43] | And what makes you so sure? | 你怎么会如此确定它就是你的呢 |
[29:44] | The, uh, “Q” Is sticky, and it’s about to fall out. | 那个”Q”键是粘在上面的 快要掉下来 |
[29:48] | And this scratch on the top here, | 还有这条划痕 |
[29:51] | I had the computer on the sofa, | 当时我坐在沙发上玩电脑 |
[29:53] | And my dog jumped up on it and did that with her nails. | 我家狗狗跳上来 电脑就被她的指甲划到了 |
[29:57] | Oh, and I brought my receipt. | 我还带了收据 |
[30:04] | See there. Gerald Wein. | 看这里 杰尔德·怀恩 |
[30:06] | That’s me. | 就是在下 |
[30:08] | Do you know how the burglars gained entry into your home? | 那你知道这些窃贼是如何进入你家的吗 |
[30:11] | Don’t really know. | 真是摸不着头脑 |
[30:12] | Somehow they disabled the alarm. | 不知道他们用什么方法把警报取消 |
[30:13] | There wasn’t any sign of a break-in. | 也没有闯入的迹象 |
[30:15] | And where were you, mr. Wein, | 那怀恩先生 你家被盗期时 |
[30:17] | during the time of the burglary? | 您在哪里 |
[30:19] | I took the family skiing up in Dodge Ridge. | 我带家人去道奇山滑雪了 |
[30:21] | We were gone for a week. | 我们当时去了整整一周 |
[30:23] | We came home to find the front door open | 当我们回来的时候发现前门大敞 |
[30:24] | and the house completely trashed. | 整个家里乱七八糟 |
[30:26] | But it wasn’t as bad as it looked. | 但情况并不是很严重 |
[30:28] | They didn’t touch the artwork, | 盗贼没偷艺术品 |
[30:30] | and aside from the computer and some of my wife’s jewelry, | 除了电脑和我夫人的一些珠宝外 |
[30:33] | not much was stolen. | 几乎什么都没动 |
[30:35] | In fact, the detective who came to the house — | 事实上 来我家查看的警官 |
[30:36] | he said the whole thing looked amateur. | 说这起盗窃案像是外行人干的 |
[30:39] | Did he now? | 他是这么说的 |
[30:42] | A-and who knew y’all were going out of town? | 那当时谁会知道你们不在家 |
[30:45] | It wasn’t a secret. My assistance, I guess | 这也不是啥秘密 我的助理知道 |
[30:48] | My wife’s sister had our complete itinerary, | 我小姨子也有我们整个的出行计划 |
[30:51] | And my son posted it on his facebook page. | 我儿子也把这事上传到脸谱网上 |
[30:53] | So, basically, the world. | 基本上整个世界都知道了 |
[30:56] | Teenagers. | 年轻人嘛 |
[30:58] | Yeah. Gosh, they grow up so fast. | 是啊 他们长得太快了 |
[31:01] | It may have been our last vacation together as a family. | 那也许是我们最后一次全家出游 |
[31:04] | Dennis is off to college in the fall. | 丹尼斯这个秋天就去上大学 |
[31:06] | Just graduated high school. | 刚刚高中毕业 |
[31:08] | Just graduated high school? | 刚刚高中毕业 |
[31:10] | Really? Which one? | 是吗 哪一所 |
[31:12] | Right this way, please. | 这边请 |
[31:18] | Thank y’all so much for coming down. | 非常感谢你们能在百忙之中赶来 |
[31:20] | Anything we can do to help. | 只要是我们能帮上忙的 请尽管开口 |
[31:21] | We’re all just so devastated about Ashley. | 我们都为阿什利的事伤透了心 |
[31:24] | Have you spoken to her mother yet? | 您跟她的母亲谈过了吗 |
[31:26] | She won’t talk to me. | 她不想跟我讲话 |
[31:28] | Did you find who did this? | 你查出是谁做的 |
[31:30] | Uh, we’ve made an arrest. Yes. | 我们现在已经逮捕了一个嫌疑人 |
[31:32] | Oh, thank god. Oh, well, that’s good news. | 谢天谢地 这是好事啊 |
[31:34] | Who was it? | 是谁 |
[31:35] | Someone with a history of bad behavior… | 某个有不良行为前科的人 |
[31:38] | …But we’re happy to say that we recovered | 但我们很高兴能帮助您寻回一些 |
[31:39] | most of the items stolen from your house. | 从您家里盗窃的物品 |
[31:42] | It all seems so trivial at this point. | 这些都已经不重要 |
[31:44] | Well, it’s been very helpful in closing our case. | 这对我们结案有帮助 |
[31:47] | – Oh, there’s my watch. – Oh, sir. Sorry. | -我的表 -抱歉 先生 |
[31:48] | If you don’t mind, we have a system here we have to manage. | 如果您不介意的话 我们得按程序来 |
[31:52] | Yeah, Mr. And Mrs. Dixon, in order to ensure | 迪克森先生和夫人 为确保 |
[31:54] | all recovered property is returned to its rightful owner, | 被所有寻回的物品可以物归原主 |
[31:57] | we need a signed declaration for each individual item. | 我们需要为每一样物品签署一份免责声明 |
[32:00] | So, if you could just fill out these forms here in triplicate | 因此如果您可以填好这一式三份的表格 |
[32:03] | and date and sign at the “X,” That would be great. | 写上日期并在”X”处签字 就行了 |
[32:06] | You can sit down right over here. | 你们可以坐在这里填写 |
[32:07] | Then I have to input everything into the computer. | 我得把所有物品都输入系统 |
[32:10] | We can start with the watch, if you like, sir. | 我们可以先从手表开始 |
[32:12] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[32:13] | You want to put these gloves on? | 请您带上手套 |
[32:14] | You don’t want to get any fingerprint dust all over your hands. | 那些指纹粉会弄得你满手都是的 |
[32:16] | Yeah. And, Jesse, we have your things over here. | 杰西 你的东西在我这里 |
[32:19] | My things? | 我的东西 |
[32:20] | The thief took a special interest in your room. | 貌似窃贼对你的房间最感兴趣 |
[32:23] | Right this way. | 这边请 |
[32:30] | Come on in, Jesse. Have a seat. | 进来吧 杰西 请坐 |
[32:33] | You’re off to college next year, huh? | 明年就该上大学了吧 |
[32:35] | That’s exciting. | 很兴奋是吧 |
[32:36] | Yeah, I guess. | 是的 |
[32:38] | This is one fancy pen. | 好精致的笔啊 |
[32:40] | Let me guess — graduation present? | 让我猜猜 毕业礼物 |
[32:42] | Yeah. I got a few of those. | 对 别人送的礼物 |
[32:45] | Don’t people know y’all only use computers these days? | 现在都用电脑 还哪里有人用笔啊 |
[32:49] | speaking of which… | 说到电脑 |
[32:50] | found your laptop. | 找到了你的电脑 |
[32:52] | – Thanks. – If you could just, uh, boot it up for us | -谢谢你们 -如果你可以开启一下电脑 |
[32:54] | so we can list it as yours and wrap this thing up. | 我们就可以证明这是你的 你就能拿走 |
[32:57] | Yeah, sure. Okay. | 好的 没问题 |
[33:01] | All good, then? | 好了吗 |
[33:04] | It’s yours? | 是你的 对吗 |
[33:05] | -Yeah. – Great. | -是的 -好的 |
[33:06] | You know, it’s funny. | 挺有意思的 |
[33:07] | While I was investigating Ashley’s murder, | 在我调查阿什利的谋杀案时 |
[33:09] | I found a series of other burglaries in your neighborhood. | 我发现在你附近的几户人家都遭遇过盗窃 |
[33:13] | Really? | 是吗 |
[33:13] | In fact, I was just visiting with a mr. Wein. | 事实上 我刚刚与怀恩先生谈过 |
[33:16] | Name ring a bell? | 这名字耳熟不 |
[33:17] | His son, Dennis, was a senior in high school with you. | 他儿子丹尼斯是你的学长 |
[33:20] | Their house was burglarized | 在他们一家出去旅行时 |
[33:21] | when they were on family vacation, just like yours. | 他们的家被盗过 就跟你们家一样 |
[33:24] | You see, we spoke to a Mr. Simmons and a Mrs. Preston, | 我们也跟西蒙斯先生以及皮尔斯顿女士谈过 |
[33:26] | and they also had burglaries | 他们家同样也被盗过 |
[33:29] | that occurred while they were out of town. | 同样也是在一家出游时 |
[33:31] | And would you believe they also have kids | 你能相信吗 他们也有小孩 |
[33:32] | who just graduated from your high school. | 也刚刚从你们学校毕业 |
[33:35] | I don’t really recognize those names, so, um… | 我真是记不起那些名字 |
[33:37] | Really? Hmm.That’s all. | 是吗 那好吧 |
[33:39] | Their parents knew you really well. | 但他们的父母亲都认识你 |
[33:41] | Said you and their kids were thick as thieves. | 说你和他们家孩子好得能穿一条裤子 |
[33:45] | So, tell me, Jesse, | 告诉我 杰西 |
[33:46] | If you really don’t know these people, | 如果你真的不认识这些人的话 |
[33:47] | how is it that this computer, which you just said was yours, | 那你怎么解释这台电脑的事 你说它是你的 |
[33:50] | which you somehow failed to report as stolen, | 结果不知道为什么你没报失 |
[33:53] | which has your password on it, ended up in your room, | 你确实有密码 最后它也出现在你家 |
[33:56] | when we know for a fact that it was stolen from Mr. Wein? | 但事实是它其实是怀恩先生的失物 |
[34:02] | Come on, Jesse. | 得了 杰西 |
[34:03] | It’s clear you and your friends | 很明显 你和你的朋友 |
[34:04] | were robbing each other’s houses. | 互相盗窃对方家庭财产 |
[34:06] | What I want to know is why. | 我想知道这是为什么 |
[34:10] | Before you tell me… Detective Gabriel? | 在你交代之前 加布里埃尔警探 |
[34:12] | Jesse Dixon, you have the right to remain silent. | 杰西·迪克森 你有权保持沉默 |
[34:14] | Anything you say can and will be used against you | 你所说的每一句话都有可能 |
[34:15] | in a court of law. | 作为呈堂证供 |
[34:16] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[34:18] | You can’t afford an attorney, | 如果你请不起律师 |
[34:19] | one will be appointed to you by state. | 法庭会为你指派一个 |
[34:21] | Or we could bring your parents in on this, | 或者我们可以把你父母请进来 |
[34:22] | get their advice. | 让你听听他们的意见 |
[34:23] | You want me to go get your mom and dad? | 你是想让我去把他们请来了吗 |
[34:25] | No, look. No, wait. | 别 等等 听我说 |
[34:28] | it all started on a dare. | 一开始是为了比试胆量 |
[34:29] | Like, um, you know, could we really pull off | 考验我们是否能够顺利闯进 |
[34:31] | breaking into each other’s houses | 其他人的家中 |
[34:32] | without getting caught and taking some of the cool stuff | 偷回一些有意思的东西而不被抓住 |
[34:34] | Our parents wouldn’t care about so much | 我们的父母他们根本不在意这些事 |
[34:36] | or that insurance companies would replace? | 反正他们也能从保险公司那获得赔偿 |
[34:38] | There was no sign of forced entry at any of these houses. | 所有的案件中都没有强行进入的迹象 |
[34:40] | Okay, because we put everything into a pile — | 那是因为我们事先都把一切准备好了 |
[34:42] | House keys, alarm codes, you know, | 房门钥匙 警报系统密码 |
[34:43] | the passwords that you use if the rent-a-cops come around. | 如果有协警经过 用什么暗号 |
[34:47] | And, look. Our — our parents are rich. | 我们的父母 他们都有富人 |
[34:49] | Half the stuff we took | 我们偷的东西 |
[34:50] | they probably didn’t even notice was gone. | 有一半他们可能压根都注意不到丢了 |
[34:51] | I-it was just something we did during our senior year. | 我们上高中后才开始这么干 |
[34:55] | It was a joke. | 就是闹着玩的 |
[34:56] | A joke? | 闹着玩 |
[34:59] | Because I don’t think that murder is so funny. | 我可不认为谋杀很好玩 |
[35:03] | Now, who all was in this little gang of yours, huh? | 说 你的那个小犯罪团伙中还有哪些人 |
[35:05] | I’ve got fingerprints from all these robberies. | 我已经拿到了所有这些盗窃案中的指纹 |
[35:08] | All I need is the names to go with them. | 只需要你告诉我他们名字 |
[35:16] | All right. Uh, Detective Gabriel, | 既然这样 加布里埃尔警探 |
[35:17] | would you please manage the suspect here | 能麻烦你在我去通知他父母的时候 |
[35:19] | while I go and inform the parents? | 帮我控制住这名嫌疑犯吗 |
[35:21] | Jesse Dixon, you’re under arrest for the murder of Ashley Reed. | 杰西·迪克森 你因涉嫌谋杀阿什利·里德被捕 |
[35:23] | Stand up and put your hands — | 站起来 把你的手放在 |
[35:24] | No, you can’t — you can’t arrest me. | 不 你不能这么做 你不能逮捕我 |
[35:25] | I wasn’t there. I wasn’t there! | 我有不在场证明 我不在现场 |
[35:26] | It doesn’t matter that you weren’t there. | 你在不在现场根本就不重要 |
[35:28] | Your little senior prank was actually a criminal conspiracy, | 你所谓的小恶作剧已经构成了犯罪预谋 |
[35:31] | and when someone gets murdered during the commission | 现在有人在你们实施犯罪的过程中 |
[35:34] | of that crime, | 被谋杀 |
[35:34] | it’s felony murder. | 这就构成了恶性谋杀 |
[35:35] | Please, there was no conspiracy. | 我们根本没有什么预谋 相信我 |
[35:37] | You just admitted you were part of a gang. | 你刚刚承认自己是那个犯罪团伙的一份子 |
[35:39] | But I quit. I did. A long time ago. | 但是我退出了 很早就退出了 真的 |
[35:40] | Oh, come on. | 得了吧 |
[35:41] | We’re supposed to believe that? | 我们应该相信你吗 |
[35:41] | It’s the truth! | 我说的是事实 |
[35:42] | Okay, so you quit, | 好吧 姑且信你 |
[35:43] | but not before telling them you were gonna be going out of town. | 但你还是告诉你的同伙们你要离家的事 |
[35:46] | And now Ashley is dead. | 现在阿什利死了 |
[35:46] | I swear to god, I had no idea they were gonna hit my house. | 我发誓 我真不知道他们会去洗劫我家 |
[35:48] | I would’ve warned them Ashley was there. | 不然我一定会告诉他们阿什利在家的 |
[35:57] | I loved Ashley. | 我爱阿什利 |
[36:01] | Okay, so, who are they, | 好吧 告诉我他们是谁 |
[36:03] | the rest of your merry pranksters? | 你们这个欢乐小团体里还有哪些人 |
[36:06] | I-I know about Dennis, but who else? | 我们知道有丹尼斯 还有谁 |
[36:09] | Please. | 求求你了 |
[36:09] | You’re asking me to ruin the lives of my friends. | 你这是在让我毁了我朋友的一辈子 |
[36:12] | You just said you loved Ashley, | 你刚刚才说你爱阿什利 |
[36:14] | and her life looks pretty ruined to me, don’t you think?! | 看看她的生活被摧毁成了什么样子 |
[36:17] | They didn’t just steal from your parents. | 他们不只是从你父母那偷东西 |
[36:19] | Didn’t you notice? They took your stuff, too. | 他们也偷你的 你没注意到吗 |
[36:21] | Don’t you think they were sending you | 你难道不认为他们是在 |
[36:22] | a pretty serious message? | 对你挑衅吗 |
[36:22] | Have you spoken to your co-conspirators | 阿什利死后 你和这些同谋者 |
[36:24] | since Ashley’s murder? | 是否通过话 |
[36:26] | What did they say? | 他们和你说了些什么 |
[36:28] | That they stole your stuff | 有没有说他们偷走你的东西 |
[36:28] | and raped Ashley to get back at you? | 还强奸了阿什利 来对你进行报复 |
[36:29] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不是这样的 |
[36:31] | They did not rape Ashley! | 他们没有强奸阿什利 |
[36:32] | They didn’t even know she was there, all right? | 他们压根就不知道她在那儿 |
[36:33] | Ashley — they all said Ashley surprised them. | 他们说阿什利把他们吓坏了 |
[36:36] | She ran off to call the police, | 她跑下楼去想要报警 |
[36:38] | and they were just trying to stop her. | 他们不过是想要阻止她这么做 |
[36:39] | There was no rape! It was an accident! | 根本就没有什么强奸 一切都是意外 |
[36:41] | I need to hear that from them. | 让他们亲自来跟我说吧 |
[36:43] | I want names now! | 快点把名字告诉我 |
[36:46] | You really think that your friends are going to trust you | 你以为你的那些朋友真会相信 |
[36:48] | to keep quiet for the rest of your life? | 你会一辈子替他们保守秘密 |
[36:49] | They’re not. | 这是不可能的 |
[36:52] | You’re a loose end, my friend. | 你被他们抛弃了 朋友 |
[36:54] | And in my business, | 就我的经验看来 |
[36:55] | loose ends don’t fare so well. | 被抛弃的人日子都不好过 |
[37:01] | What do you think, Jesse? | 杰西 你觉得呢 |
[37:08] | Okay, so, what do you want, | 那好吧 你想要什么 |
[37:09] | The, uh, sku number or the serial number? | 是要产品编号呢 还是序列号呢 |
[37:11] | Give me both. | 两个都要 |
[37:13] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[37:14] | We got bravo, alpha, six. | 先是B A 6 |
[37:18] | B A 6 Bravo, alpha, six. | |
[37:22] | 4 F C E Four, foxtrot, charlie, echo. | |
[37:25] | 4 F C E Four, foxtrot, charlie, echo. | |
[37:28] | How much longer is this gonna take? | 还得多长时间 |
[37:34] | Not long. | 快完事了 |
[37:40] | Thank you, Jesse. | 谢谢你了 杰西 |
[37:41] | We’ll round up these little friends of yours. | 我们要去会会你的这些好哥们了 |
[37:45] | I guess, | 我想 |
[37:47] | I guess I won’t be going to berkeley this fall, will I? | 我秋天大概是别想去伯克利了 对吧 |
[37:50] | No, but, uh, we’ll find some other state institution | 是的 但我们会给你安排一个 |
[37:54] | with a library in it for you. | 有图书馆的监狱 |
[38:05] | Will you let me tell my parents? | 你能让我自己告诉我父母吗 |
[38:08] | I’d rather they hear it from me. | 我宁愿他们是从我这听到这个消息 |
[38:10] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[38:33] | Captain. | 队长 |
[38:36] | Chief Johnson. | 强生局长 |
[38:38] | Once again, you’ve managed to send | 你再一次让手下的 |
[38:39] | your entire squad of elite detectives into the field, | 所有干将去出外勤了 |
[38:42] | This time to apprehend a group of suspects | 这次是让他们亲力亲为去逮捕 |
[38:45] | that could have easily been picked up by patrol. | 一些巡警就能轻松搞定的嫌犯 |
[38:48] | Murder suspects, seven of them in all. | 他们可是谋杀嫌疑犯 足足七个人呢 |
[38:50] | Teenagers. | 都还是青少年 |
[38:51] | So, lots of parents to deal with. | 所以 少不了要和一大堆家长打交道 |
[38:53] | Look, whether or not you like it, | 听着 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[38:56] | whether or not I like it, frankly, | 甚至说句实话 不管我喜不喜欢 |
[38:58] | I have to finish this audit, | 我都得做完这次审查工作 |
[39:01] | which I means I need to speak to your people. | 就是说 我必须和你的人谈话 |
[39:09] | You know,you’re questioning my investigation and my orders. | 你要知道 你是在质疑我的调查和命令 |
[39:14] | That audit should begin and end with me. | 审查因我而起 也应当在我这结束 |
[39:17] | But it won’t. | 我做不到 |
[39:20] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[39:28] | Professor Banks, uh, we have just finished arresting | 班克斯教授 我们刚刚完成了逮捕 |
[39:31] | All those responsible for the murder of Ashley Reed. | 阿什利·里德谋杀案所有涉案人员的工作 |
[39:34] | Yeah, I heard about that, a burglary ring gone awry. | 我已经听说了 你端掉了一个盗窃团伙 |
[39:39] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[39:42] | Of course, the real irony here is, | 当然 颇具讽刺性的是 |
[39:44] | if I had actually been having an affair with Ashley, | 如果我真的和阿什利有婚外情的话 |
[39:47] | If I walked her to the door and gone inside… | 如果我和她一起进屋的话 |
[39:51] | she might still be alive. | 没准她就不会死 |
[39:55] | Well, that’s the best justification for adultery | 我听说过通奸的辩词中 |
[39:57] | I’ve heard in a long time. | 这是最棒的 |
[40:01] | Anyway, um, | 不管怎么说 |
[40:02] | we are officially sorry about any misunderstanding, | 警方对之前的种种误会表示抱歉 |
[40:03] | and you’re free to go home. | 你现在可以回家了 |
[40:08] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[40:11] | But it’s been made quite clear to me | 但是我心里很清楚 |
[40:13] | that I don’t have a home to go to anymore. | 我已经无家可归了 |
[40:20] | I’m…sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[40:22] | I know this all happened | 我知道这事恰好发生在 |
[40:23] | during a difficult time in your marriage. | 你俩婚姻最困难的时候 |
[40:29] | I certainly know how hard it is | 我也知道蒙受不白之冤 |
[40:30] | to be accused of things you haven’t done. | 是一件很难受的事情 |
[40:34] | yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:35] | I’m not exactly innocent, though, am I? | 不过 说到底 我也不是那么无辜 |
[40:39] | That’s the trouble. | 这才是问题所在 |
[40:47] | I cheated on my wife and my family… | 我背叛了我的妻子 我的家 |
[40:53] | …more than once, honestly, | 老实说 不止一次了 |
[40:55] | because I thought I could get away with it. | 我总以为我自己可以全身而退 |
[41:02] | But not every mistake can be fixed with an apology, | 但无论你感觉多么抱歉 |
[41:05] | no matter how sorry you are.Excuse me. | 道歉都解决不了所有问题 我先走了 |
[41:07] | Well, you’re owning up to what you’ve done. | 不管怎么说 你坦白了你的错误 |
[41:09] | That’s a start. | 这是一个好的开始 |
[41:13] | At what? | 还有什么用呢 |