时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | Captain Sharon Raydor. | 我是纱伦·雷达队长 |
[00:40] | Good evening, officer. | 晚上好 警官 |
[00:41] | I need to know what time this log was started | 我要了解这个日志的开始时间 |
[00:43] | and the name of the first supervisor on the scene. | 以及第一个到达现场的负责人姓名 |
[00:46] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[00:47] | Lieutenant Provenza. | 普罗文茨副队长 |
[00:48] | And my arrival time’s in the log. | 我抵达现场的时间都记下来了 |
[00:51] | And I got here a minute after he did. | 我在他之后一分钟就赶到了 |
[00:54] | Lieutenant Flynn, that would put you here at 9:43 p.m., | 富林副队 那你到达的时间就是晚上九点四十三 |
[00:57] | Half an hour after the crime was reported. | 即报案之后的半小时 |
[01:00] | That’s well within the required response time. | 完全在规定的接警时间内 |
[01:02] | Oh, it wasn’t a criticism, lieutenant. | 我不是在批评你 副队长 |
[01:04] | Just keep your eye on the ball, everyone, | 大家正常做自己的工作 |
[01:06] | and ignore me like you usually do. | 像平常一样忽略我就行了 |
[01:10] | Uh, Detective Gabriel, | 加布里埃尔警探 |
[01:12] | It says you made the coroner’s first call, | 日志上说你第一个给验尸官打的电话 |
[01:14] | But it doesn’t have a time in the log. | 但是记录上并没写清时间 |
[01:16] | Uh, it was around 9:50. I told them to respond. | 大概是九点五十的事 我让他们出勤 |
[01:19] | – Kendall’s with the victim right now. – Okay. | -肯德尔在受害人那边 -好的 |
[01:24] | Excellent job, everyone, by the way, | 顺便说下 各位做得非常好 |
[01:25] | Of blocking the crime scene from the public. | 把犯罪现场跟公众隔离开了 |
[01:27] | Very nicely done. | 真的非常好 |
[01:31] | Does, uh, anyone want to tell me when S.I.D. was notified? | 谁能告诉我什么时候叫的科学鉴证科 |
[01:35] | Same time as the coroner. | 叫验尸官的时候一起叫的 |
[01:37] | Arrived at 10:17 p.m. | 他们在十点十七分到达现场 |
[01:38] | They’re currently working on bullet trajectories. | 现在正在调查弹道轨迹 |
[01:42] | Oh, I usually fill out the log after I’ve entered my — | 我通常在填写记录之前先… |
[01:44] | Lieutenant Tao, the log is supposed to be filled out | 陶副队长 填写记录的时间 |
[01:46] | concurrent with the actions taken. | 应该跟行动的时间一致 |
[01:48] | And while this federal lawsuit is proceeding through the courts, | 而且在这起联邦诉讼正在进行中 |
[01:51] | we must be compliant with regulations — period. | 我们必须严格执行规章 句号 |
[01:54] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[01:55] | Detective Sanchez. | 桑切斯警探 |
[02:00] | Any public-safety issues? | 有公共安全问题吗 |
[02:01] | We haven’t found the murder weapon yet. Patrol’s looking for it. | 我们还没找到凶器 巡警正在找 |
[02:04] | And our suspect could still be in the immediate area — | 嫌犯可能还在案发现场附近 |
[02:06] | I can’t say. | 我说不好 |
[02:07] | Have you put out a citywide information broadcast? | 你在全市范围内做通告了吗 |
[02:09] | 45 p.m. Nothing’s come back yet. | 四十五分 还没得到相关线索 |
[02:13] | Has anyone notified Deputy Chief Johnson? | 通知强生副局长了吗 |
[02:17] | They have. | 通知了 |
[02:18] | I’m so sorry, captain. | 真是对不起 队长 |
[02:19] | Have you been looking for me? | 你在找我吗 |
[02:21] | Chief Johnson, you didn’t sign | 强生局长 你到场时 |
[02:22] | into the log when you arrived. | 没有在记录上签到啊 |
[02:25] | I didn’t? | 我没签吗 |
[02:26] | Uh, lieutenant, when did I arrive? | 副队 我什么时候到的 |
[02:28] | From Atlanta or tonight? | 从亚特兰大调来的时间吗 |
[02:32] | Uh, she came with Gabriel. | 她是跟加布里埃尔一起来的 |
[02:36] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[02:37] | Captain, that is the very last time I’ll forget to sign in. | 队长 我再也不会忘记签到了 |
[02:39] | It’s okay. I’ve got it. | 没事 我来搞定 |
[02:41] | You know what? | 那个啥 |
[02:42] | Uh, why don’t we get as many of your questions | 我们不如用现在的时间尽量多的 |
[02:45] | answered as we can right now? | 回答你的问题 |
[02:46] | Okay. I’m going to assume, as usual, | 好啊 那我就像往常一样 |
[02:49] | you are the incident commander. | 假设你是这起事件的负责警官 |
[02:51] | Do you have an I.D. On the victim? | 查到受害人的身份了吗 |
[02:52] | Uh, Kendall, do we have an I.D. On the victim? | 肯德尔 查到受害人身份了吗 |
[02:56] | Uh, driver’s license says Mr. Jon Milton Reed. | 驾照显示 他叫乔恩·米尔顿·里德 |
[03:00] | School I.D. says he’s the principal at Polk High. | 工作证显示他是波克高中的校长 |
[03:02] | It’s not far from here. | 离这里不远 |
[03:03] | Yeah, I assumed as much from what his wife told us. | 跟他妻子讲的差不多 |
[03:06] | Two gunshot wounds in the chest. | 胸口有两处枪伤 |
[03:07] | The marks on the face are bruises from the airbags. | 脸上的印子是安全气囊的擦伤 |
[03:10] | Thank you, Kendall. | 谢谢 肯德尔 |
[03:11] | Was that the wife outside — Mrs. Reed? | 外面那位是里德夫人吧 |
[03:13] | Uh, what time was she notified of her husband’s death? | 她什么时候得知她丈夫的死讯的 |
[03:15] | Uh, actually, she notified us. | 是她通知我们的 |
[03:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:26] | Mrs. Reed says that her husband | 里德夫人说她的丈夫 |
[03:28] | stayed late at the school tonight to meet with parents. | 下班后跟学生家长会面 |
[03:30] | The victim called her when he was on his way home. | 他回家的路上还给她打了电话 |
[03:33] | Told her to hold on for a second, | 让她拿着电话不要挂 |
[03:34] | that he had to deal with someone. | 他那边有点事 |
[03:36] | The next thing she heard was gunshots | 然后她就听到枪响了 |
[03:38] | and her husband screaming. | 她的丈夫在尖叫 |
[03:39] | So Mrs. Reed was the one that called 911? | 是里德夫人报的警吗 |
[03:42] | Yes, ma’am. | 是的 夫人 |
[03:43] | She, uh, gave the officers | 她告诉警官 |
[03:44] | the exact route her husband took home every night. | 她丈夫每天回家的详细路线 |
[03:46] | They found him 10 minutes later. | 他们十分钟后找到了他 |
[03:47] | Okay. Uh, please check Mr. And Mrs. Reed’s phone records. | 好的 查一下里德夫妇的电话记录 |
[03:51] | Make sure the calls between them | 确认一下她报警前 |
[03:52] | actually happened before she dialed 911. | 俩人确实通过话 |
[03:54] | – You got it, chief. – Thank you. | -没问题 头儿 -谢谢 |
[03:56] | And, uh, RACR division’s been notified? | 还有 通知过应急中心了吗 |
[04:00] | Yes. Yes, they have. | 是的 通知了 |
[04:08] | Uh, chief. | 头儿 |
[04:09] | S.I.D. pulled a round out of the trunk. | 科学鉴证科从树上挖出一颗子弹 |
[04:11] | Looks like our muder weapon’s a 9mm semiautomatic. | 看来凶器是一支九毫米的半自动手枪 |
[04:14] | You know a semiautomatic weapon was used | 你们就凭一颗子弹就知道 |
[04:16] | just by looking at a single bullet? | 凶手用了半自动手枪 |
[04:18] | Well, captain, a revolver has six rounds in it. | 队长 每支左轮手枪有六颗子弹 |
[04:21] | And adding up the bullet holes | 车身上的弹孔加上 |
[04:22] | in the carand the two in the victim, we make seven, | 受害人身体里的两颗 一共七颗 |
[04:25] | which means the murder weapon had a clip. | 也就是说这个凶器有弹匣 |
[04:27] | I wasn’t asking for a lesson in elementary ballistics, | 我不用你教我枪械基本常识 |
[04:30] | lieutenant. | 副队 |
[04:30] | I simply want to know if you are assuming a single shooter. | 我只想知道 你们是否假设只有一个凶手 |
[04:34] | Is that what you’re doing? | 是这么回事吗 |
[04:38] | Well, um, yeah. | 当然 是的 |
[04:40] | Okay. | 那就行 |
[04:43] | Where are the casings? | 弹壳找到了吗 |
[04:44] | We haven’t had time to look for them yet. | 我们还没来得及找 |
[04:46] | We assumed that, once Mr. Reed was shot, | 我们断定里德先生一被射中 |
[04:48] | he drove away as fast as he could. | 就飞快地驾车逃跑了 |
[04:49] | Unfortunately, we don’t know | 不幸的是 我们还不知道 |
[04:50] | how far our victim traveled before he passed out from blood loss, | 受害人在失血过多昏过去之前开了多远 |
[04:54] | which caused him to crash into our pole here. | 然后才撞在了这根柱子上 |
[04:57] | Yeah, thanks. It’s got everything right here. | 好的 谢谢 都发过来了 |
[04:59] | Oh, according to racr division, chief — | 头儿 应急中心的人说… |
[05:01] | I thought you told me you’d already notified racr. | 你不是跟我说通知过应急中心吗 |
[05:03] | We have a very special relationship with them, captain. | 我们跟他们关系不一般 队长 |
[05:06] | Sometimes they call back. Go on, lieutenant. | 有时候他们会打回来 接着说 副队 |
[05:08] | According to racr, | 应急中心说 |
[05:09] | There was another car-involved shooting about two weeks ago. | 两周前 还有一起汽车枪击事件 |
[05:11] | The driver escaped without injury. But get this– | 司机没受伤 逃了 但是重点是 |
[05:14] | the gun involved was a 9mm semiautomatic, | 事件中的枪也是九毫米半自动手枪 |
[05:16] | and the car involved was a dark-gray BMW 740iL. | 汽车是一辆深灰色的宝马740iL |
[05:22] | Just like this one. | 跟这辆一样 |
[05:24] | And the shooting took place around here? | 枪击地点在附近吗 |
[05:26] | Two blocks north of here | 是这里往北两个街区 |
[05:28] | at the corner of Boyce and Forbes. | 在博伊斯和福布斯街的交叉口 |
[05:30] | Okay. Uh, Lieutenant Provenza, | 好的 普罗文茨副队 |
[05:32] | while we go look for the casings, | 我们去找弹壳 |
[05:33] | would you hold down the crime scene? | 犯罪现场由你负责 |
[05:34] | – Thank you. – Yes, ma’am. | -谢谢 -没问题 夫人 |
[05:35] | And I’ll make doubly sure | 我双倍保证 |
[05:36] | that all of our log entries are properly made. | 会把我们的日志按规矩做好的 |
[05:49] | See, okay. Maybe around here. | 大概就在这附近 |
[05:51] | The driver of the last vehicle said | 那辆车的司机说 |
[05:52] | the shooter ran out of a driveway and opened fire in this area. | 凶手从一条小径里跑出来 在这里开枪 |
[05:56] | Was there a description of the assailant? | 他看到行凶者的长相了吗 |
[05:58] | Uh, negative. | 没有 |
[06:01] | Hey, chief. Found a casing. | 头儿 我找到一枚弹壳 |
[06:05] | Two more over here. | 这里还有两枚 |
[06:06] | I’ve got four here, chief. | 我这里有四枚 头儿 |
[06:09] | All right. Detective Sanchez, | 好的 桑切斯警探 |
[06:10] | before Captain Raydor has a chance to ask about it… | 在雷达队长过问这件事之前 |
[06:12] | I’ll make sure the casings get entered in tonight. | 我今晚就处理好这些弹壳 |
[06:14] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[06:15] | This is interesting. | 这个有意思 |
[06:17] | What? | 什么 |
[06:18] | There’s information wanted on a shooting | 征集博伊斯路和福布斯大道 |
[06:20] | at the corner of Boyce Road and Forbes Avenue. | 交界路口的枪击案线索 |
[06:22] | Contact the Los Angeles FBI Office. | 跟调查局洛杉矶办事处联系 |
[06:26] | What?! Why is the FBI involved? | 什么 调查局怎么会牵扯进来 |
[06:29] | Eight shots were fired at a TSA Agent | 两周以前的一个晚上 |
[06:31] | as he was driving home from work one night | 运输安全局的一位探员在开车回家的路上 |
[06:33] | about two weeks ago. | 被人射了八枪 |
[06:34] | That’s why we’re involved. | 所以我们才会扯进来 |
[06:35] | Oh. You mean why you were involved. | 你是说曾经被扯进来 |
[06:38] | Excuse me, Special Agent Howard. | 不要意思 霍华德特别探员 |
[06:39] | Did you find the casings from the attack on the TSA Agent? | 你在探员身体中找到弹壳了吗 |
[06:42] | Yes. | 找到了 |
[06:43] | What do you mean “were involved”? | 什么叫”曾经” |
[06:44] | Well, I’m the one with the victim. | 因为找到受害人的是我 |
[06:45] | And were the casings entered in NIBIN? | 那些弹壳上传”全国弹道信息网”了吗 |
[06:47] | Yes, captain. | 是的 队长 |
[06:48] | And by the way, I don’t work for you. | 顺便说一句 我可不是你的下属 |
[06:50] | So, chief, we should compare the casings. | 局长 我们应该对比这些弹壳 |
[06:51] | Detective Sanchez already entered our casings | 桑切斯警探已经将弹壳信息 |
[06:53] | – into NIBIN. – This is not your case, Brenda. This is ours. | -上传了 -这不是你的案子 布兰达 是我们的 |
[06:55] | Since when does the FBI care about high-school principals? | 联调局什么时候开始连高中校长的事都管了 |
[06:57] | A TSA agent was fired upon! | 一位运输安全局探员遭枪击 |
[06:59] | Driving the same type of car as my victim. | 他跟我的受害人开一样的车 |
[07:01] | So, unless you think that the killer | 除非你觉得那个凶手 |
[07:03] | just really, really hates German cars, | 是特别特别讨厌德国车 |
[07:05] | then your TSA agent was mistaken for my principal. | 那你的探员就是被当作我的校长误伤的 |
[07:08] | Or your principal was mistaken for my TSA agent. | 或者你的校长是被当作我的探员误杀的 |
[07:10] | Well, now you’re just being silly. | 你这样就是无理取闹了 |
[07:11] | Chief. Gabriel’s ready. | 头儿 加布里埃尔准备好了 |
[07:14] | Thank you, lieutenant. | 谢谢 副队 |
[07:15] | Well, I’m not leaving. | 我绝不离开 |
[07:16] | Well, you can stay here as long as you like, | 你想呆多久就呆多久 |
[07:18] | but it’s still my murder. | 但这是我的凶杀案 |
[07:19] | And if you don’t go home soon and get some rest, | 如果你不赶快回家休息 |
[07:21] | you’re gonna end up with a very bad case of the grumpy-uglies. | 你就会变成一个暴躁大丑男 |
[07:24] | Chief Johnson… | 强生局长 |
[07:26] | Mrs. Reed should be meeting with a grief counselor, | 里德夫人现在应该去见心理咨询师 |
[07:28] | not Detective Gabriel. | 而不是加布里埃尔警探 |
[07:30] | We’re all grief counselors here, captain. | 我们都是心理咨询师 队长 |
[07:31] | Besides, there’s no better time to interview the wife | 而且 跟她谈话的最好的时机 |
[07:33] | than when she’s feeling this vulnerable. | 就是她觉得脆弱的时候 |
[07:35] | If she’s a suspect, then we need to mirand– | 如果她是嫌犯 那就得给她读… |
[07:37] | No, she is a person of interest, | 不 她是相关人员 |
[07:38] | so we don’t need to mirandize her. | 所以我们不用给她宣读权利 |
[07:41] | Look, captain, this is the second time | 队长 这是那个街角 |
[07:43] | somebody shot at a silver BMW on that corner. | 第二次发生银色宝马枪击案了 |
[07:46] | And the killer’s running around the streets of L.A. | 凶手还在洛杉矶街头乱窜 |
[07:48] | with a semiautomatic weapon. | 并且携带一支半自动手枪 |
[07:49] | My first responsibility is to take him or her off the street. | 我的第一要务就是把这个人抓起来 |
[07:56] | What is it? | 这是干嘛 |
[08:00] | Asking all these questions | 过去两个月中 |
[08:01] | at every one of your crime scenes for the past two months, | 你们的每一个案子我都要重复这些问题 |
[08:04] | I am feeling less like a captain | 我感觉自己不是队长 |
[08:06] | and more like a hall monitor every day. | 而是大厅里的监视器 |
[08:09] | I understand the importance of the federal lawsuit we are facing, | 我明白这起联邦诉讼对我们至关重要 |
[08:13] | but I am not convinced | 但我觉得你根本 |
[08:14] | that my constant presence in your division is necessary. | 没把我对你部门的督促当回事 |
[08:18] | And there is something else — | 还有一件事 |
[08:20] | There is something else | 还有件别的事 |
[08:21] | – that I’ve been meaning to tell you. – Excuse me. | -我一直都想告诉你 -打扰一下 |
[08:23] | Chief, we’re on. | 头儿 要开始了 |
[08:25] | Oh. Just one second. | 请稍等一下 |
[08:27] | I don’t need a grief conselor. | 我不需要心理安慰 |
[08:29] | I want to know who killed Jon. | 我想知道谁杀了乔恩 |
[08:31] | The L.A.P.D. is trying to find that out, | 洛城警局在竭力调查本案 |
[08:33] | Ma’am, but this process, | 女士 但是这个程序 |
[08:35] | this investigation, | 这个调查 |
[08:37] | will be horribly stressful for you. | 对你来说会非常有压力 |
[08:39] | And that’s why I’m here. I’m here to help you. | 所以我来帮助你 |
[08:41] | And I realize talking about what happened | 我明白谈论所发生的事 |
[08:44] | won’t take away the pain that you’re feeling right now. | 并不能驱散你现在所感受到的痛苦 |
[08:47] | But it’s my hope | 但我希望 |
[08:48] | that it might help you to process it, okay? | 这能帮你梳理一下这种感受 好吗 |
[08:52] | Now, as hard as this may be, | 这可能会很艰难 |
[08:55] | one of the best ways to begin | 开始的最好方法是 |
[08:56] | is to start with a recent conversation, | 先谈谈你们最近的谈话 |
[09:00] | like maybe the one you had with your husband | 比如说你和你丈夫在早晨上班前 |
[09:02] | this morning before work. | 谈了些什么 |
[09:03] | Can you think of any issues, concerns, or regrets, | 谈过什么问题 顾虑或遗憾吗 |
[09:05] | or maybe something you wish you had said? | 或者你觉得当时应该说但是没说的话 |
[09:09] | I would say, “Please, | 我会说 “求你了” |
[09:11] | “I want you to quit this new school | “我想让你离开这家新学校” |
[09:13] | and go back to the one where we’d…been so happy.” | “回到原来那家 我们曾那么开心” |
[09:17] | Why didn’t I say that to him? Why? | 我为什么没和他说呢 为什么 |
[09:20] | Okay, so your husband recently changed jobs? | 那你的丈夫最近换了工作 |
[09:22] | He was always changing jobs, straightening out schools. | 他一直在换工作 整顿过很多学校 |
[09:26] | And this new one — | 这家新的学校 |
[09:28] | Polk — I mean, he had had some tough assignments, | 波克 他以前也有一些艰巨的任务 |
[09:30] | but Polk was horrible. | 但是波克很可怕 |
[09:32] | His first day there, someone keyed our car, | 他第一天上班 车就被划了 |
[09:34] | probably a faculty member. | 可能是某个教师干的 |
[09:35] | And there were threats, too — | 还有恐吓 |
[09:36] | lots of threats. | 许多许多恐吓 |
[09:38] | Did you report any of these threats to the L.A.P.D.? | 你们有把这些恐吓报告给洛城警局吗 |
[09:40] | Oh, god. Jon wouldn’t. | 上帝 乔恩不愿意 |
[09:43] | He thought recording everything would keep him safe. | 他认为把这一切记录下来能够保护他 |
[09:45] | Wait. Recording everything? | 等等 把一切记录下来 |
[09:47] | He, uh, made voice memos of his meetings with those… | 他和那些危险的学生 |
[09:53] | dangerous students and crazy teachers and angry parents | 疯狂的家长以及愤怒的家长开会时 |
[09:57] | with his phone, | 用手机录音 |
[09:59] | the phone that we were talking on when | 我们最后通话就是用这部手机 |
[10:04] | Mrs. Reed, I’m… | 里德太太 我 |
[10:07] | very, very sorry about your loss. | 请你节哀 |
[10:10] | Okay? We’re gonna do everything we can to help. | 我们会尽一切努力来破案 |
[10:12] | I think that’s all we’re gonna get out of her tonight. | 今晚就问这么多了吧 |
[10:14] | At least we have a place to start. | 至少我们有切入点了 |
[10:16] | I’d like to hear those voice memos. | 我想听听那些录音 |
[10:19] | So would I, | 我也想 |
[10:20] | but Mr. Reed’s phone is password-protected. | 但是里德先生的手机有密码保护 |
[10:24] | Maybe the wife can pull it together long enough | 可能他太太能够帮我们 |
[10:26] | to give us the code. | 猜出密码 |
[10:29] | I’m so sorry, captain. You were saying? | 很抱歉 队长 你刚才说什么来着 |
[10:38] | According to their logs, | 从他们的日志上看 |
[10:39] | it looks like you have major | 貌似你让重案组 |
[10:40] | crimes doing everything to the letter. | 事事都按章来办 |
[10:43] | But, if I may be frank, sir, | 恕我直言 长官 |
[10:45] | continuing to audit every investigation | 继续监督强生局长的每项调查 |
[10:48] | Chief Johnson undertakes is an embarrassment to everyone involved. | 对每位办案人员都是一件尴尬的事 |
[10:51] | It’s an insult to her, demeaning to my rank — | 以我的官衔来管她 对她是个侮辱 |
[10:54] | Not to mention a waste of money. | 而且还浪费了很多钱 |
[10:57] | Captain, we’re trying to avoid adding more plaintiffs | 队长 我们在尽力避免更多的原告 |
[11:00] | to this federal lawsuit against us | 加入这起联邦诉讼 |
[11:02] | that could end up costing the city and this department | 这样能给市政厅和我们部门省下 |
[11:03] | like $50 million. | 大约五千万美元 |
[11:05] | So, believe me — | 所以 相信我 |
[11:06] | Your efforts here are not a waste of money. | 你的努力不是浪费金钱 |
[11:08] | If I may, sir. | 容我说一句 长官 |
[11:09] | Uh, captain, | 队长 |
[11:11] | you’re not just auditing major crimes — | 你不仅是在审查重案组 |
[11:13] | you’re supposed to be finding the leak in their division. | 你还应该找出他们部门的内鬼 |
[11:16] | We have to cut off Goldman’s source of inside information. | 我们必须切断高德曼的内部消息来源 |
[11:20] | Since chief Johnson doesn’t | 既然强生局长似乎没有 |
[11:21] | seem to be taking this very seriously, | 很严肃地对待这件事 |
[11:23] | I’m counting on you to fix that for us. | 我指望你帮我们解决这件事 |
[11:27] | I’ve had a job offer. | 我要换工作了 |
[11:32] | Director of internal threats and corporate security | 洛杉矶会议中心的内部危机 |
[11:35] | at the Los Angeles convention center. | 与整体安全主任 |
[11:38] | You’re quitting? | 你要辞职 |
[11:39] | I’m eligible to collect my captain’s pension, | 我可以领取队长退休金 |
[11:41] | and I feel like it’s time to work someplace | 而且我感觉是时候去一个 |
[11:45] | where people might be glad to see me. | 人人都喜欢我的地方工作 |
[11:47] | Captain, do not feel that you are unappreciated. | 队长 不要认为我们不认可你 |
[11:51] | I walk into a room — it goes silent. | 我走进一间屋子 一片寂静 |
[11:53] | I can’t say hello to anyone outside the professional standards bureau | 不当班的时候 我跟别人打招呼 |
[11:57] | without provoking a defensive response. | 他们都对我有所防备 |
[11:58] | Between that and a few things in my personal life, | 鉴于这种情况 以及一些私人因素 |
[12:01] | I feel that it’s time for me to go. | 我感到是时候走了 |
[12:02] | Captain, you cannot retire right now. | 队长 你现在不能离职 |
[12:05] | No one else is nearly as familiar | 没有人能像你这么熟悉 |
[12:06] | with this federal case against us. | 我们的这起联邦诉讼 |
[12:08] | And, with all due respect to your issues, | 还有 恕我直言 |
[12:11] | major crimes is run by a deputy chief | 重案组里有一个副局长 |
[12:13] | and three lieutenants. | 和三个副队 |
[12:13] | Replacing you with a lower-ranking officer — | 换个级别更低的人来接手 |
[12:15] | I-it’s not even possible. | 就更玩不转了 |
[12:17] | I have no one else for this job. | 我找不到其他人来做这个工作 |
[12:24] | I can’t do it anymore. I’m sorry, sir. | 我做不下去了 很抱歉 长官 |
[12:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:35] | When the promotions freeze is over, | 一旦人事调动解禁 |
[12:37] | I will make you a commander. | 我会把你提到长官一级 |
[12:43] | That’s quite an offer, captain. | 这比买卖合算 队长 |
[12:48] | Thank you, chief. | 谢谢你 局长 |
[12:51] | But I feel I’ve had enough. | 我还是觉得已经受够了 |
[12:57] | Will you at least give me a few weeks | 你能至少给我几个周时间 |
[13:00] | before you make this decision? | 再做最后的决定吗 |
[13:02] | And until your notice is final, | 而且直到你做出最终决定 |
[13:05] | I ask that you treat this issue of a potential leak | 我请你把这件事这起泄密事件 |
[13:08] | like the crisis it’s become. | 当做一场危机来看待 |
[13:15] | 911. What is your emergency? | 911 你有什么紧急情况 |
[13:17] | My husband’s been shot! Somebody shot my husband! | 我丈夫中枪了 有人对我丈夫开枪 |
[13:19] | Stay with me, ma’am. | 别挂电话 女士 |
[13:20] | Do you know where your husband is? | 你知道你丈夫在哪里吗 |
[13:22] | I-I think — I don’t think he reached the freeway yet, | 他应该还没上高速公路 |
[13:25] | so — so he would be somewhere on Boyce road. | 他应该在博伊斯路上 |
[13:27] | You need to get someone there now. Hurry. | 你们要派个人过去 快 |
[13:29] | – I have units responding. – I heard shots! | -有警员接警了 -我听到了枪声 |
[13:30] | Okay, thank you, Buzz. I’ve heard enough. | 好了 谢谢你 巴斯 这些就够了 |
[13:32] | Well, it’s hard to be on a land line at home | 用家里座机挂电话的同时 |
[13:34] | while shooting your husband at an intersection across town. | 很难再到城市的另一边去杀自己的丈夫 |
[13:37] | That doesn’t mean she couldn’t have hired somebody to do it. | 也不能排除他雇凶杀人的可能性 |
[13:40] | Yeah, well, their financials don’t show anything goofy. | 他们的财务状况没什么问题 |
[13:42] | Not only does she not have the cash for a hit — | 她不仅是没钱来雇人 |
[13:44] | She doesn’t have the heart. | 她也没这个想法 |
[13:46] | It could still be a case of mistaken identity. | 仍然有可能是杀错认了 |
[13:48] | It is. | 没错 |
[13:49] | The FBI mistakenly identified this as a federal crime. | 联邦调查局误认本案为联邦罪案 |
[13:52] | Chief! We have very good news. | 局长 我们有好消息 |
[13:54] | Mrs. Reed remembered the passcode on her husband’s cell? | 里德太太想起她丈夫的手机密码了 |
[13:56] | No. I-in fact, after a few failed attempts, | 不是 我们试了几次都错了 |
[14:00] | we were locked out of the phone, | 结果手机自动上锁了 |
[14:01] | So we can’t use it to access any voice memos. | 所以我们无法用它来听任何录音了 |
[14:04] | And this is good news how? | 这怎么能是好消息 |
[14:06] | The victim synched his phone to his computer at work, sir. | 受害人把他的手机和工作电脑同步了 |
[14:10] | I have all the voice memos right here. | 所有的录音都在这里 |
[14:13] | And the last two recordings he made before being shot to death | 他被射杀前的最后两个录音 |
[14:16] | are pretty interesting. | 非常有意思 |
[14:18] | And here…we go. | 这就开始 |
[14:24] | Please, please, please. | 拜托 拜托 拜托 |
[14:25] | Please, everyone. Please. | 拜托大家 请安静 |
[14:27] | I understand that everyone has their personal concerns. | 我明白大家都有各自的顾虑 |
[14:30] | And I promise to stand here and explain everything | 我保证我会在这里解释一切 |
[14:32] | until each one of you understands | 直到所有人都明白 |
[14:33] | what we’re doing at this school and why. | 我们学校在干什么 为什么要这样 |
[14:35] | Ma’am? Ma’am. | 这位女士 |
[14:37] | My name is Gina Tompkins, | 我叫吉娜·汤普金斯 |
[14:38] | and my son Dennis has played first-string football | 我儿子丹尼斯从高二开始就 |
[14:41] | since his sophomore year. | 参加了一流的足球队 |
[14:43] | Now, coach Carr told me | 卡尔教练告诉我 |
[14:45] | that Dennis has a real scholarship opportunity here. | 丹尼斯会有机会拿到奖学金 |
[14:48] | Now, if you discontinue the team, | 如果你解散球队 |
[14:50] | – then how are we gonna… – hold on. Hold on. | -我们怎么能 -冷静点 冷静点 |
[14:52] | Please, hold on. Hold on. | 拜托 冷静点 冷静点 |
[14:54] | Let me say this again. | 请让我再说一遍 |
[14:56] | I’m not discontinuing football or any other sport. | 我不是要解散足球队 或其他运动队 |
[14:59] | I’m only changing the eligibility rules, | 我只是更改了准入制度 |
[15:01] | so that kids who need extra time in the classroom | 让这些孩子多花些时间在教室学习 |
[15:04] | don’t lose it on the field. | 少在操场上浪费时间 |
[15:06] | Changing eligibility how? | 如何更改准入原则 |
[15:08] | That’s a good — that’s a good question. | 这个问题问得好 |
[15:11] | To play football or to participate in | 在波克打橄榄球 |
[15:13] | any extracurricular activity here at polk, | 或者是参与任何课外活动 |
[15:15] | students will have to maintain a “C” Grade average. | 学生们必须要保持平均成绩为C |
[15:18] | Now, this isn’t my only — please, listen to me. | 这不是我唯一的… 请听我说 |
[15:20] | Listen to — wait. Listen to me. | 等一下 听我说 |
[15:22] | Schools do not remain open | 橄榄球队的水准 |
[15:23] | based on the ranking of their football teams. | 不是评价一所学校的标准 |
[15:26] | The only score that matters | 唯一的标准 |
[15:27] | is what they make on that standardized test. | 是他们在标准化考试中的成绩 |
[15:29] | And if your kids — if your kids do as badly on that test | 如果你们的孩子 还像去年一样 |
[15:31] | as they did last year, | 考的一塌糊涂 |
[15:32] | there won’t be a football team anymore | 就不会再有橄榄球队了 |
[15:33] | because this school will close. | 因为学校就要关门了 |
[15:35] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. Please. | 等一下 等一下 拜托 |
[15:37] | – What does coach Carr have to say about this? – Yeah! | – 卡尔教练是什么态度 -对 |
[15:40] | This isn’t a coach Carr issue. Please. This is… | 卡尔教练管不着这件事 这是 |
[15:44] | Okay, Listen. | 好吧 听着 |
[15:46] | I don’t believe that maintaining a decent GPA | 我认为对我校的所有学生来说 |
[15:50] | is out of reach for any student in this school. | 取得好的考试成绩并不难 |
[15:54] | Now, it may mean that we have to work a little harder, | 这意味着我们必须更刻苦一些 |
[15:59] | but we’re not strangers to that, right? | 我们一直都很刻苦 对吧 |
[16:00] | Right! | 对 |
[16:03] | Thank you, coach Carr. | 谢谢你 卡尔教练 |
[16:06] | Now, the issue of scholastic approvals — | 对教学质量认可的问题 |
[16:09] | You’re the issue here, Reed! | 你才是这里的问题 里德 |
[16:11] | Class isn’t just about books. | 课堂并不只是读书 |
[16:13] | My boy needs to learn what it means to win. | 我儿子应该学会胜利的含义 |
[16:15] | He needs to feel that. | 他要感受到胜利 |
[16:17] | ‘Cause there’s not a lot of winning around here– you understand? | 因为这里胜利气氛并不浓厚 明白么 |
[16:19] | Listen, I do understand that. | 听着 我明白 |
[16:20] | Okay. Turn it off. Thank you. | 好了 关掉吧 谢谢 |
[16:22] | Went from having no suspects to having a whole roomful. | 一下子有了一屋子嫌犯 |
[16:25] | Not necessarily. | 不见得 |
[16:26] | 10 minutes after this conference, | 这个会议结束十分钟之后 |
[16:27] | principal Reed had another meeting. | 里德校长又开了另外一场会 |
[16:30] | Now is not a good time, Rich. | 现在不是时候 理奇 |
[16:32] | Never a good time, is it? | 你是不是要一直拖下去 |
[16:33] | W-who’s Rich? | 理奇是谁 |
[16:34] | Uh, Richard Carr, the football coach from the first recording. | 理查德·卡尔 第一段录音中的橄榄球教练 |
[16:37] | This plan to get rid of me isn’t going over so well. | 除掉我的计划不是很顺利 |
[16:40] | You’re not being fired. You’re being transferred. | 我没有开除你 是把你调走 |
[16:42] | Right, right. To — to what did you call it — | 对对 调到哪去来着 |
[16:44] | A school with fewer problems? | 问题较少的学校 |
[16:46] | And by “Problems,” | 而你口中的”问题” |
[16:47] | – you mean the children who need me the most. – No. | -指的是最需要我的孩子们 -不是 |
[16:50] | I mean kids who are dragging down everyone else who wants to excel, | 我指的是那些拖大家后腿的人 |
[16:53] | The kids who don’t want to be here, | 那些不想来上学 |
[16:55] | who happen to be the very kids you’re begging to stay. | 也正是你极力挽留的那些孩子 |
[16:57] | Since when was it our job | 我们的工作 |
[16:59] | to shove these boys and girls out of class? | 什么时候变成排挤这帮学生了 |
[17:02] | Since funding became attached to test scores. | 自从经费与成绩挂钩以后 |
[17:06] | You’ve got to stop acting like it’s 1990. | 不要当现在是1990年了 |
[17:08] | Listen to me, Jon. Okay, listen. | 听我说 乔恩 |
[17:10] | L– just listen. | 听我说 |
[17:11] | I know that you are hyper-focused on the issue of grades. | 我知道你非常重视成绩 |
[17:15] | But if you put the kids on the street in this neighborhood, | 但如果你把这个区的孩子赶出校门 |
[17:18] | they end up in jail or worse! | 他们会走向犯罪之路的 |
[17:20] | It’s not just about dropping out of school — | 这不只是辍学这么简单 |
[17:22] | It’s a possible death sentence! | 这可能等于判他们死刑 |
[17:24] | Then imagine the whole school being shut down, | 那你想想整所学校倒闭的景象吧 |
[17:26] | because that’s what’s going to happen | 如果我不把成绩提上去 |
[17:27] | if I can’t get our scores up. | 那学校就会关门 |
[17:29] | Look, face it. | 面对现实吧 |
[17:31] | You don’t have the guts to make the hard decisions here, | 你没胆量做困难决定 |
[17:34] | and you have to go. | 你该离开了 |
[17:34] | Wh– hey! You want to talk to me about guts?! You?! | 就凭你 跟我说胆量 就凭你 |
[17:40] | You think you’re a hero because you’re willing | 你以为自己是英雄吗 |
[17:41] | to put it all on the line for a few individuals? | 为了少数人 让大家冒险 |
[17:43] | I’m trying to save the whole school, | 我试图拯救学校 |
[17:44] | and you’re an impediment to that — you just are! | 而你却处处妨碍我 就是你 |
[17:46] | – And you’re leaving! – I’ll fight to stay. | -你走定了 -我会争取留下的 |
[17:48] | Take your best shot, Rich, | 随便你 理奇 |
[17:49] | because I promise you, I’ll take mine. | 我保证也不会留情的 |
[17:50] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[17:52] | This close — | 就差这么点 |
[17:54] | I’m this close to phoning the district | 我差点就把你家的情况 |
[17:55] | about what’s going on at your house. | 反映给教育部了 |
[17:58] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[17:59] | You son of a bitch! | 你混蛋 |
[18:00] | Take the transfer and be thankful. | 感激我给你调工作吧 |
[18:08] | I won these trophies… | 这些奖杯是我赢的 |
[18:09] | And you don’t even deserve to look at them. | 你连看它们一眼都不配 |
[18:12] | Now we’re all caught up, Coach Carr. | 现在情况都清楚了 卡尔教练 |
[18:15] | Want to explain yourself? | 要解释一下吗 |
[18:20] | He recorded the conversation, | 他录下了这段谈话 |
[18:21] | I mean, is that even legal? | 这不违法吗 |
[18:22] | I wouldn’t worry about that right now. | 眼下我不关心这个事 |
[18:23] | I can’t arrest Mr. Reed anymore. | 我们逮不了死人 |
[18:25] | But he did bring up several points | 但他提出了几个要点 |
[18:28] | that I think we should talk about. | 我们可以讨论一下 |
[18:29] | Points? No, he had no points. | 要点 不 他满口胡言 |
[18:31] | Do you know what it’s like to have someone | 你是否明白一个人 |
[18:33] | standing over your shoulder day and night, | 成天到晚被他的上司监视 |
[18:35] | looking for that one thing that could get you fired? | 就为了找个借口把他炒掉 是什么滋味吗 |
[18:38] | A little, yes. | 知道一点 |
[18:39] | Well, that’s what Reed does — did. | 里德就是这么做的 做过 |
[18:42] | He wanted to get rid of teachers like me. | 他要除掉我这样的教师 |
[18:45] | Teachers like you? | 你这样的教师 |
[18:47] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[18:47] | See, I personally call several students every morning just to | 我每天都要把好几个学生从床上叫起来 |
[18:51] | get them out of bed because their parents couldn’t care less. | 因为他们的父母懒得管他们 |
[18:54] | And of course, these kids — they’ve got troubles, | 当然 这些孩子是有麻烦 |
[18:56] | but putting them on the street won’t help them! | 但把他们开除不是办法 |
[18:58] | It will, however, drive up test scores, | 然而 成绩确实会因此提高 |
[19:01] | Which is all that Reed cared about. | 这也是里德唯一关心的 |
[19:04] | So you wanted to stop him. | 所以你想阻止他 |
[19:05] | Yeah — but not by killing him. Come on. | 嗯 但不是杀他 拜托 |
[19:07] | You sounded pretty mad. | 你的声音听起来很生气 |
[19:10] | You — you are a great detective, aren’t you? | 你是个好警探是吗 |
[19:12] | I mean, you could tell that I was mad? | 你能知道我的声音很生气 |
[19:14] | Well, congratulations. Of course I was mad! | 恭喜你说对了 我当时气疯了 |
[19:16] | I’ve taught at that school for nearly 30 years! | 我在那所学校当了快30年老师 |
[19:19] | It’s my life’s work, and what did I get for it? | 我的一生都花在那里 而我得到了什么 |
[19:22] | Here’s your warrant. | 这是搜查令 |
[19:24] | Okay, remember, we’re only going through Coach Carr’s house | 记住 我们来卡尔教练家 |
[19:26] | – looking for trophies. – Stolen trophies. | -寻找奖杯 -偷来的奖杯 |
[19:29] | L.A.P.D.! Search warrant! | 洛杉矶警署 我们有搜查令 |
[19:32] | Please, Buzz, document everything | 巴斯 在他弄乱房间之前 |
[19:34] | before he starts tearing up the house! | 记录下一切景象 |
[19:36] | Okay. Okay, Gabriel, take the right. | 加布里埃尔 去右边 |
[19:38] | Flynn, take that room there on the left. | 富林 去左边那间屋子 |
[19:40] | Tao, Sanchez, you guys, uh, check outside the back. | 陶 桑切斯 你们俩去后院 |
[19:43] | Okay, now, remember, guys, you can put a — | 大家记住 放奖杯的地方 |
[19:46] | a gun anyplace you could put a trophy, | 也可以藏着枪 |
[19:48] | So if you come across the weapon, | 所以遇到武器 |
[19:50] | it’s legal to grab it. | 依法没收 |
[19:52] | Hey, lieutenant, check this out. | 副队 过来看看 |
[19:55] | Doesn’t Coach Carr live alone? | 卡尔教练不是独居吗 |
[19:57] | Yeah. Yeah, he does. | 是的 |
[19:58] | There’s another bedroom here, too. | 有另一间卧室 |
[20:00] | There’s one over here, as well. | 这也有一间 |
[20:01] | Looks pretty lived-in. | 看起来住过人 |
[20:08] | Did you guys hear that? | 你们听到了吗 |
[20:15] | Over here. Over here! | 这边 这边 |
[20:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[20:35] | You guys okay? | 你们没事吧 |
[20:36] | Why? What happened? W-where’s coach? | 怎么了 教练呢 |
[20:40] | Coach is fine. | 教练没事 |
[20:42] | Is he making you stay here? | 是他让你们待在这儿的吗 |
[20:43] | No one’s making us do anything. | 没有人逼我们 |
[20:45] | What you want– busting in here like this? | 你们想干什么 这样破门而入 |
[20:46] | Do your parents know where the hell you are? | 家长们知道你们在这吗 |
[20:48] | Y’all got a warrant? | 你们有搜查令吗 |
[20:50] | Guys, don’t talk to them about anything with coach, | 伙计们 别告诉他们教练的事 |
[20:52] | All right? — Without a lawyer. | 好吗 等律师来了再说 |
[20:54] | We need to call DCFS. | 打电话给儿童与家庭服务局 |
[20:55] | These boys need a physical exam by a doctor, pronto. | 这些孩子需要身体检查 快 |
[20:59] | Gabriel, call Taylor. | 加布里埃尔 联系泰勒 |
[21:00] | Tell him to let chief know what we got happening here. | 让他把这里的情况汇报给局长 |
[21:03] | Flynn, keep your eyes on these kids. | 富林 盯着这些孩子 |
[21:06] | We’re gonna go out here | 我们出去 |
[21:07] | and keep looking for what we came here to find. | 找我们来这要找的东西 |
[21:09] | Trophies — trophies, lieutenant. | 奖杯 是奖杯 副队 |
[21:13] | Yes, fulloaded trophies. | “上膛”的奖杯 |
[21:16] | Yeah. You’re never gonna guess | 嗯 你绝对猜不到 |
[21:17] | what’s going on in Coach Carr’s house right now. | 卡尔教练家是什么情况 |
[21:21] | These kids are not his own, they’re not related to him, | 那不是他的孩子 也不是亲戚 |
[21:23] | and they’re not just hanging out at his house, chief. | 也不是去他家玩 头儿 |
[21:26] | They’re living there, each with his own bed. | 而是住在那里 一人一床 |
[21:31] | I can’t decide if this guy’s a killer, | 我判断不出这人到底是凶手 |
[21:33] | a monster of some kind, | 还是什么怪物 |
[21:34] | or just overly committed to his job. | 还是工作狂 |
[21:36] | Why can’t he be all three? | 为什么不能三者兼有呢 |
[21:39] | I’m just saying, chief, | 我是说 头儿 |
[21:40] | One of the ways a serial offender manages to avoid detection | 连环性侵者通常靠吸引受害者 |
[21:44] | is by being attractive to his victims. | 来避免被暴露 |
[21:47] | Coach Carr seems to be providing these boys | 卡尔教练似乎为这些男孩子们 |
[21:49] | with the necessities of life. | 提供了生活必需品 |
[21:51] | And when a kid thinks his survival depends on someone… | 而当一个孩子认为他必须依赖某人的时候… |
[21:56] | Have they found the murder weapon? | 找到杀人凶器了吗 |
[21:57] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[21:58] | I need it. | 我需要它 |
[21:59] | Okay. Well, they’re searching the suspect’s home, | 好的 他们正在搜查嫌犯的家 |
[22:02] | but Captain Raydor– she has to be extra careful | 但雷达队长 她要求 |
[22:05] | about how she goes about doing that, | 行动格外小心 |
[22:07] | because if there’s a leak in your division — | 因为如果你部门的内鬼… |
[22:09] | But there’s no leak. | 没有内鬼 |
[22:11] | Yeah, yeah. So you keep saying. | 嗯 你还是这么说 |
[22:13] | Look, I don’t want to put Captain Raydor on the spot. | 听着 我不想让雷达队长为难 |
[22:15] | I know she’s protecting my flank. | 我知道她在背后护着我们 |
[22:16] | But… I need to take this guy to a dark place, | 但我需要制裁这家伙 |
[22:19] | and I don’t want to go there without a gun. | 而找不到枪就行不通 |
[22:24] | I get it, chief. | 我懂了 头儿 |
[22:27] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[22:31] | Thank you, officer. | 谢谢 警官 |
[22:32] | This is what I get because I’ve put the kids first? | 我把孩子们放在首位就得到这个下场 |
[22:35] | Above everything else, I put them first. | 我把他们放在一切之上 |
[22:37] | And Reed put himself first and his career. | 而里德把自己和事业放在首位 |
[22:40] | – You put the kids first? – Always. | -你把孩子们放在首位 -一向如此 |
[22:42] | Did you also put them in your house? | 是不是也把他们放在自己家里 |
[22:44] | My house? | 我家 |
[22:45] | My detectives just found three underage boys | 我的手下发现三个未成年男孩 |
[22:47] | living at your house, half naked. | 住在你家 赤裸着上身 |
[22:50] | Principal Reed knew about them, didn’t he? | 里德校长知道他们 是吗 |
[22:53] | That’s what he threatened | 昨晚你俩争吵时 |
[22:54] | to tell the school district last night, when you two argued. | 他威胁说要把这事告到教育局 |
[22:57] | All right, now, listen. | 好 听我说 |
[22:58] | F-first, okay, you need to — | 首先 你必须 |
[23:01] | you need to get those detectives out of my house right now, | 你必须让你的手下从我家撤走 |
[23:04] | – And then — – I’ll tell you what I need to do! | -然后… -我来告诉你我要做什么 |
[23:05] | I need to question those boys | 我要问每个孩子问题 |
[23:07] | and find out if the care you gave them | 看看你对他们的关怀 |
[23:09] | extended to some kind of physical relationship. | 是不是上升到肉体关系了 |
[23:11] | Look, look, listen, you have no right | 听着 听着 你没有权利 |
[23:13] | – to make accusations like that! – I have every right, sir! | -那样指控我 -我有 |
[23:15] | – Unless you can produce documents – I mean, my god, to say | -除非你 -老天 |
[23:17] | – showing me – something like that out loud… | -出示文件 -别逼我扯开嗓门… |
[23:18] | that you are the legal guardian of those boys… | 证明你是这些孩子的法定监护人 |
[23:19] | This has gone too far, okay? | 你太过分了 |
[23:20] | Give me those documents, sir, and then — | 拿文件来 然后… |
[23:21] | – This has gone too far! – When I talk to those parents — | -这太过分了 -当我告诉那些家长 |
[23:23] | Their parents?! | 他们家长 |
[23:25] | You want to talk to their parents?! | 你想告诉他们家长 |
[23:27] | Do you have permission?! | 你有没有得到批准 |
[23:28] | Permission?! Are you serious?! | 批准 你是说真的吗 |
[23:30] | No, I don’t have permission, okay? | 不 我没有得到许可 行了吧 |
[23:33] | I haven’t exactly followed the rules here, | 我没有完全按章办事 |
[23:35] | but do you know where these boys were living | 但是你知道这些孩子来我家前 |
[23:37] | before they came to stay with me? | 住在哪里吗 |
[23:39] | One of them was homeless, | 有个孩子无家可归 |
[23:40] | sleeping in our locker room for two weeks. | 在更衣室住了两个星期 |
[23:43] | One was beaten so badly by his drunk of a stepfather, | 有一个被他的酒鬼继父打得半死 |
[23:47] | I had to take him to the hospital. | 我得把他送去医院 |
[23:49] | So you prey on throwaway kids — | 你把被遗弃的孩子收留回家 |
[23:52] | Is that right? | 对吗 |
[23:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:59] | Five years ago, | 五年前 |
[24:00] | the single mom of one of my students | 我一名学生的单身母亲 |
[24:03] | went to jail for dealing drugs. | 因为贩毒而进了监狱 |
[24:06] | And I did nothing for the boy. | 而我却没有帮助他 |
[24:09] | Two days later, he was shot to death — | 两天后 他中枪身亡 |
[24:12] | Murder, unsolved. | 被谋杀 至今没有破案 |
[24:15] | And who took responsibility for that — you? | 有谁为此负起了责任 你吗 |
[24:21] | Put me in front of a jury. | 让我面对陪审团吧 |
[24:23] | I would love nothing better | 我真是迫不及待 |
[24:25] | than to publicize what’s going on with these children. | 想把发生在孩子们身上的事公诸于众 |
[24:30] | Because you know what you’re gonna find? | 因为你知道你将发现什么吗 |
[24:34] | Nothing. | 一无所得 |
[24:34] | This place is clean. | 屋里没有异常情况 |
[24:37] | We’ve searched every room in this house, top to bottom. | 我们把房子翻了个底朝天 |
[24:39] | There is no firearm here. | 这里没有枪支 |
[24:41] | Trophy. | 奖杯 |
[24:42] | Gentlemen, we are looking for stolen trophies. | 先生们 我们在找失窃的奖杯 |
[24:46] | Finding a gun would be incidental. | 找到枪是意外收获 |
[24:49] | Lieutenant, if you stole a trophy, | 副队 如果你偷了奖杯 |
[24:51] | would you maybe bury it in your backyard? | 你会把它埋在你的后院吗 |
[24:55] | Someone’s planted shrubs. | 有人种了灌木丛 |
[24:56] | Maybe they buried a trophy, too. | 也许他们也埋下了奖杯 |
[24:59] | Well, captain, | 队长 |
[25:01] | is it procedure? | 这符合规定吗 |
[25:04] | Well, who am I to say what someone would do with a stolen trophy, | 我可说不准他们会把偷来的奖杯藏在哪里 |
[25:07] | but if I were gonna look for one in a backyard, | 但是如果我要在后院里找的话 |
[25:09] | I’d use a metal detector. | 我会用金属探测器 |
[25:11] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[25:16] | Remember, concentrate on stretches of ground | 记住 在足以埋藏一个奖杯大小 |
[25:19] | large enough to cover a trophy-sized object. | 物体的土地上仔细探测 |
[25:25] | There’s a little something down here | 有东西埋在 |
[25:26] | at the end of this runner. | 草地的尽头 |
[25:27] | That’s too small for a trophy, | 这地方埋不下奖杯 |
[25:29] | which is what we’re looking for. | 我们要找的是奖杯 |
[25:31] | And if we find something else, | 如果我们找到了别的东西 |
[25:32] | then we call it a happy accident. | 那就是个意外之喜 |
[25:35] | So… | 那… |
[25:37] | Apropos of nothing really, | 容我冒昧地问一句 |
[25:39] | when can major crimes start planning your retirement party? | 重案组什么时候能开始准备你的退休派对 |
[25:44] | I want to bring the balloon animals myself. | 我想自己带动物气球 |
[25:48] | Who told you I was retiring, lieutenant? | 副队 谁说我要退休了 |
[25:51] | Well, you said it in front of Taylor, didn’t you? | 你在泰勒面前是这么说的 对吧 |
[25:56] | – We found something. – Really, Buzz? | -有所发现 -是吗 巴斯 |
[25:59] | We’ll make a detective out of you yet. | 你真是个当侦探的好料子 |
[26:01] | Give it a go, Julio. | 胡里奥 开挖吧 |
[26:21] | First, you threaten your boss, who ends up murdered. | 首先 你威胁了你的老板 结果他被谋杀 |
[26:25] | Then we find three half-naked underage boys living in your house. | 然后我们发现三名半裸的未成年男孩住在你家 |
[26:29] | And here… is the murder weapon, | 这个 就是凶器 |
[26:33] | found buried in your backyard, | 在你的后院挖出来的 |
[26:34] | the one used to kill principal Reed. | 就是杀死里德校长的那把枪 |
[26:36] | So you have motive, the means, and the opportunity. | 所以 你有作案动机 手法和机会 |
[26:40] | Now, Mr. Carr, I would be lying if I said anything | 卡尔先生 我只能和你说 |
[26:43] | other than “You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[26:45] | “Anything you say can and will be used against you | 你说的每句话都将会成为 |
[26:47] | “In a court of law. | 呈堂证供 |
[26:49] | “You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请一位律师 |
[26:50] | “If you cannot afford an attorney, | 如果你请不起 |
[26:52] | One will be provided for you by the state.” | 政府会为你指派一位 |
[26:55] | Now…I want you to think really, really hard | 现在 我想要你认真想想 |
[26:59] | about everything you’ve told me. | 你对我说过的每件事 |
[27:01] | Does it make you sound innocent? | 它们能证明你是清白的吗 |
[27:05] | Because if it doesn’t, | 因为如果不能 |
[27:08] | would you like to start over? | 你愿意再说一次吗 |
[27:12] | Because I think we both know what’s going on here, don’t we? | 因为你我都很清楚现在的形势 |
[27:16] | As hard as it is to say, | 这话很难开口 |
[27:20] | don’t we both know what’s going on? | 你我都知道会发生什么 |
[27:26] | I want a lawyer. | 我想请律师 |
[27:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:39] | Hey, good morning. | 早上好 |
[27:42] | Is everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[27:44] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[27:45] | Well, the three boys living with Coach Carr | 和卡尔教练住在一起的三个男孩 |
[27:48] | had their physical examinations this morning | 都在今早做了体检 |
[27:50] | and met with a counselor. | 并与律师见面 |
[27:51] | There was no sign of abuse, sexual or otherwise. | 没有被虐待或受过性侵的迹象 |
[27:54] | Well, that’s a relief, isn’t it? | 这真让人松了口气 是吧 |
[27:56] | Yes, yes. Of course. | 当然 |
[27:57] | But now Coach Carr’s only motive | 但是现在卡尔教练的唯一动机 |
[28:00] | would seem to be avoiding a job transfer, | 就只是不想被调走了 |
[28:02] | and he has enough time in to | 他已经当了很多年教练 |
[28:05] | retire with his whole pension if he wanted. | 只要他愿意 随时可以拿着养老金退休 |
[28:07] | Kind of like Raydor, huh? | 和雷达差不多吧 |
[28:09] | Like Raydor how? | 怎么像雷达了 |
[28:11] | What — didn’t she tell you? | 怎么 她没告诉你吗 |
[28:13] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[28:17] | Well, apparently, | 显然 |
[28:20] | Raydor thinks she should retire. | 雷达觉得她该退休了 |
[28:24] | She hates checking up on you all the time, | 她不喜欢整天监视你 |
[28:27] | feels she’s not wanted, | 觉得自己很招人厌 |
[28:28] | and supposedly has a great job offer. | 她好像另谋高就了 |
[28:34] | What? I thought you’d be happy to have her out of your hair. | 怎么 我还以为她走了你会很高兴 |
[28:36] | Yeah, but she hasn’t found the leak yet. | 是啊 但她还没找到内鬼 |
[28:38] | You don’t believe there is a leak. | 你不是觉得部门里没内鬼吗 |
[28:40] | That doesn’t mean I’m…right. | 我又不一定 正确 |
[28:44] | Amazing. | 神奇啊 |
[28:46] | One thing you were right about, though — | 但是有一点你说对了 |
[28:49] | Even though the gun you found in your suspect’s backyard | 尽管你在嫌疑人后院找到的枪 |
[28:51] | matches up with the casings in both our cases, | 和两起案件里的弹壳匹配 |
[28:53] | there’s no good reason Coach Carr would want my TSA agent dead. | 但卡尔教练没理由杀掉运输安全局的特工 |
[28:57] | So, as far as the FBI is concerned, | 所以 联邦调查局认为 |
[29:00] | this case belongs to you. | 这是你的案子 |
[29:02] | – Well, thank you. That’s great. – One last question — | -谢谢 太棒了 -最后一个问题 |
[29:05] | Have you come across anyone in your investigation | 你在调查中碰上名字叫 |
[29:07] | By the name of Terrence Miller? | 特伦斯·米勒的人吗 |
[29:09] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[29:11] | Because the gun you found in Carr’s backyard | 因为你在卡尔后院找到的枪 |
[29:12] | is registered in his name. | 是以他的名字注册的 |
[29:15] | Uh, do you have any idea | 你知道 |
[29:17] | where this Terrence Miller might be? | 特伦斯·米勒的下落吗 |
[29:20] | He’s in interview 1 with Gabriel. | 他和加布里埃尔在1号审讯室等候 |
[29:23] | Miller did five years for robbing a liquor store | 米勒因持枪抢劫烟酒超市蹲了五年监狱 |
[29:26] | with the same gun used to kill principal Reed. | 作案时用的就是这把杀死里德校长的枪 |
[29:28] | The gun was never recovered, but he pled guilty — | 当时警方没找到那把枪 但是他认罪了 |
[29:32] | Served all of his time, so he’s probably a hard-ass. | 没获得减刑 估计这人比较难缠 |
[29:34] | Do we know his whereabouts during the time of the murder? | 你知道案发期间他在什么地方吗 |
[29:36] | Working. Guy’s a valet for a restaurant downtown. | 在工作 他是市中心一家餐馆的服务员 |
[29:39] | His supervisor vouches for him. | 他的主管为他作证 |
[29:41] | Any connection to coach Carr? | 他和卡尔教练有什么联系吗 |
[29:42] | Couldn’t find any. | 没发现什么联系 |
[29:43] | Also, he lives completely on the other side of L.A. | 他住的地方与里德和卡尔住的地方 |
[29:45] | from Reed and Carr, | 在洛城两边 |
[29:46] | so it’s not likely he was gonna run into them at a block party. | 所以他不太可能在街区聚会中碰上他们 |
[29:49] | We’ve cross-referenced every database we can think of | 我们相互参照了所有能想到的数据库 |
[29:52] | to see how else Miller and Reed could have met — | 看米勒和里德是否有交集 |
[29:54] | Traffic accidents, crime reports, | 交通事故 犯罪报告 |
[29:56] | facebook — nothing. | 开心网 一无所获 |
[29:58] | All right, then, we’ll just see what he has to say about his gun. | 好吧 看看他怎么解释枪的事 |
[30:09] | Chief Johnson, I’ve just heard | 强生局长 我刚听说 |
[30:10] | that the three boys from coach Carr’s house are still here. | 卡尔教练家的三个男孩还在这里 |
[30:14] | That’s correct. | 不错 |
[30:15] | Technically, we’re required to release them to their parents. | 理论上来说 我们得把他们交给父母 |
[30:18] | Well, so far, we’ve only been able to find | 至今为止 我们只找到了 |
[30:20] | one of the mothers, | 一位母亲 |
[30:21] | and she says she’s too busy to come down here | 她说自己现在太忙了没时间 |
[30:23] | until tomorrow morning. | 明早才能过来 |
[30:25] | You want me to let these boys go? | 你想让我放走这些孩子吗 |
[30:26] | What if they get lost or hurt or involved in a crime? | 如果他们迷路 受伤 或卷入犯罪事件怎么办 |
[30:29] | Goldman can end up recruiting their parents | 高德曼可能会组织他们的家长 |
[30:31] | for that federal lawsuit of his. | 再提起一次联邦诉讼 |
[30:35] | Or don’t you care about that anymore? | 还是你已经不在乎了 |
[30:37] | Where are the boys right now, chief? | 孩子们现在在哪里 局长 |
[30:40] | In the break room. | 在休息室里 |
[30:42] | I figured, since we couldn’t release them, | 我想 既然我们不能放走他们 |
[30:44] | we might as well feed them. | 还是让他们饱餐一顿吧 |
[30:46] | Let me see if I can get the boys | 我试试能不能让这些男孩 |
[30:47] | to help us locate their relatives. | 帮助我们找到他们的家长 |
[30:48] | Pardon me. | 失陪 |
[30:54] | Why didn’t you tell me she was retiring? | 你为什么不告诉我她要退休了 |
[30:56] | Because I’m talking her out of it. | 因为我在劝她不要这样做 |
[30:59] | If you could say something encouraging, | 如果你能说一些鼓励的话 |
[31:00] | that would be extremely helpful — | 那会非常有用的 |
[31:01] | Unless you’d like me to replace her with someone worse. | 除非你想让我找个更糟糕的人代替她 |
[31:09] | I know you hadn’t planned on being down here this morning, | 我知道你今早没打算过来 |
[31:12] | and we appreciate you joining us, | 很感激你与我们合作 |
[31:14] | helping us solve our little problem. | 帮我们解决一个小问题 |
[31:15] | I already told the old guy I didn’t do nothing. | 我已经告诉那个老家伙 我什么都没做 |
[31:18] | I’ve been clean. I’ve been staying out of trouble. | 我戒毒了 也远离麻烦 |
[31:20] | Relax, Flynn. You’re much, much younger than you look. | 别慌 富林 你比看起来年轻很多 |
[31:25] | Does this look familiar to you, sir? | 先生 你觉得这个眼熟吗 |
[31:29] | I ain’t never seen that gun. | 我从没见过这把枪 |
[31:30] | I find that hard to believe. | 真是难以置信 |
[31:32] | The gun is registered in your name, | 这把枪注册在你的名下 |
[31:34] | and the casings match those left behind | 弹壳与你在抢劫时留下的 |
[31:36] | at a robbery you pulled. | 相匹配 |
[31:38] | Man…you guys, | 天啊 你们 |
[31:40] | always jerking people around. | 总是把人耍得团团转 |
[31:43] | Where you got that gun — I don’t know, and I don’t care. | 我不知道你们从哪弄来那把枪 我也不在乎 |
[31:46] | I done my time for that robbery. | 我已经服完了抢劫的刑期 |
[31:47] | You can’t play me a double jeopardy. | 你不能再因此事让我蹲监狱了 |
[31:48] | This your weapon, correct? | 这是你的武器 对吧 |
[31:50] | I ain’t seen it since before I want to the joint — | 我进监狱之前就没见过这把枪了 |
[31:52] | Ditched it before I was arrested — | 我在被捕之前就把枪扔掉了 |
[31:53] | Where did you ditch it? | 你丢在哪里 |
[31:56] | I was staying with some bitch and her kids, | 在我进监狱之前 我和一个婊子 |
[31:59] | before I went to jail. | 还有她小孩住一起 |
[32:00] | I hid the gun at her place, man. | 我把枪藏在了她家 |
[32:02] | What was her name, and where did she live? | 她叫什么名字 住在哪里 |
[32:05] | Come on, man. I don’t know. | 拜托 老兄 我不知道 |
[32:06] | You don’t know the name of the woman | 你不知道在你被捕时 |
[32:07] | you were living with when you were arrested? | 和你住在一起的女人的名字吗 |
[32:09] | We weren’t married! | 我们又没结婚 |
[32:10] | She was, like, someone I hooked up with for a bit, | 我只不过是玩玩她 |
[32:12] | a stripper. | 一个跳钢管舞的 |
[32:13] | Had like six names she went by. | 这娘们可能有六个名字呢 |
[32:14] | Did she live at six different places, too? | 那她也能住六个地方吗 |
[32:16] | I don’t know. Look, I haven’t seen her in years. | 我哪知道 都这么多年了 |
[32:19] | What do you care about where she lived? | 你们管她住哪干嘛 |
[32:20] | Answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[32:21] | What? | 干嘛啊 |
[32:22] | I said, answer the question! | 我说了 给我回答问题 |
[32:25] | This gun was used in a murder two nights ago. | 这把枪是两天前一起谋杀案的凶器 |
[32:27] | A man was killed with this weapon. | 有人用它杀了个人 |
[32:30] | Now, you will tell me where your ex-girlfriend lived | 现在 你要告诉我你前女友的住处 |
[32:32] | and what her name is, | 还有她的名字 |
[32:33] | or I’m going to arrest you for murder. | 否则我就以谋杀罪逮捕你 |
[32:35] | I have an alibi — my boss. | 我有不在场证明 我老板 |
[32:38] | Who do you think the jury’s gonna believe — | 那你觉得陪审团更愿意相信谁呢 |
[32:40] | Your boss or me? | 是你老板还是本局长 |
[32:42] | I don’t remember where the bitch lived! | 我记不得那娘们住哪了 |
[32:44] | I didn’t even remember her name no more, I swear! | 她名字我就更想不起来了 我发誓 |
[32:49] | She only ever wanted me for a babysitter, anyway. | 她只不过想让我做她孩子的保姆 |
[32:52] | She was using me, man. | 她那是在利用我 |
[32:53] | You got to believe me. | 你得相信我 |
[32:55] | Please, I need this job. | 求你了 我得保住这份工作 |
[32:56] | I can’t lose this job! Please. | 我不能丢了这饭碗 求你了 |
[32:59] | All right, then. Come with me, this way. | 那好 跟我来 这边请 |
[33:03] | You’re arresting me? | 你要逮捕我 |
[33:04] | Depends on whether or not you help me. | 那得看你配合不配合我了 |
[33:06] | Get up! | 站起来 |
[33:09] | This way. | 这边走 |
[33:11] | Come on, guys. | 走 伙计们 |
[33:12] | Let’s, uh, wander down to the break room, huh? | 咱们往茶歇室那边溜达吧 |
[33:18] | And just so we can be sure that we’ve done everything | 这样我们能确认警方已经尽力 |
[33:20] | to contact your family members, | 联系你们的家人了 |
[33:22] | Could each of you write down the names | 请你们每人都写下 |
[33:25] | of all your living grandparents? | 你们祖父母的名字 |
[33:33] | Sorry it took me so long to get down here. | 很抱歉这么晚才过来 |
[33:37] | Good to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[33:40] | Supposed to…pick you up. | 我应该来接你 |
[33:50] | I thought you was in jail. | 我以为你还在蹲号子 |
[33:53] | Lewis… | 刘易斯 |
[33:54] | Would you come with me, please? I need to talk to you. | 能跟我来一下吗 我要跟你谈谈 |
[34:15] | Lewis! | 刘易斯 |
[34:20] | Lewis! | 刘易斯 |
[34:21] | Lewis, you’re in a police station. | 刘易斯 你是在警察局里 |
[34:22] | Running is not gonna do you or Coach Carr a lick of good. | 逃跑对你和卡尔教练没一点好处 |
[34:25] | Hey, don’t talk about Coach Carr. | 你少提卡尔教练 |
[34:26] | You don’t know nothing about coach. | 你们根本不了解他 |
[34:28] | I know a man who argued with him ended up shot to death. | 我只知道一个跟他发生争执的人被抢打死了 |
[34:31] | I know that the murder weapon | 我们在教练家的后院 |
[34:32] | was found in your coach’s backyard. | 发现了作案的凶器 |
[34:34] | That’s enough to put him away for murder. | 这就足够以谋杀的罪名逮捕他了 |
[34:35] | Is that what you want us to do — | 你想要我们这么做吗 |
[34:36] | You want to us to put your coach away for murder? | 让我们以谋杀的罪名逮捕你的教练 |
[34:39] | He was trying to help you, wasn’t he, Lewis? | 他是在帮助你吧 刘易斯 |
[34:41] | He was looking out for you. | 他在保护你 |
[34:43] | Till Principal Reed came along. | 这个里德校长来了以后 |
[34:46] | He’s the guy that ruined everything. | 一切都被他给毁了 |
[34:49] | Not me — I had no choice. | 我不能容忍 我别无选择 |
[34:52] | No choice but what? | 那你能怎么样 |
[34:53] | Where was I supposed to go? | 我该何去何从 |
[34:54] | Where will anyone go when Coach Carr is gone? | 卡尔教练一走 你们又该何去何从 |
[34:58] | Coach won’t be gone. | 教练不会走的 |
[34:59] | Oh, yes, he will be, Lewis. | 会的 一定会的 刘易斯 |
[35:02] | I’m arresting him for murdering Principal Reed… | 我要以谋杀里德校长的罪名逮捕他 |
[35:06] | Unless you can tell me who else might have done it. | 除非你能告诉我凶手另有其人 |
[35:08] | Was it you, Lewis? | 是你吗 刘易斯 |
[35:10] | Did you hold onto the gun that Mr. Miller | 你是不是拿了米勒先生留在 |
[35:12] | left at your mother’s house and give it to Coach Carr | 你妈妈家里的枪 把它给了卡尔教练 |
[35:15] | so that he could murder Principal Reed? | 他就可以去杀里德校长了 |
[35:16] | No! No! | 不 没有 |
[35:20] | Coach didn’t do it. | 不是教练干的 |
[35:23] | I shot the bastard. | 是我崩了那个混蛋 |
[35:27] | Not sure I believe that. | 还是不够有说服力 |
[35:28] | I just told you I did it. What you mean? | 我已经承认了 你还要怎么样 |
[35:29] | This murder took planning, kid. | 谋杀是需要预谋的 孩子 |
[35:31] | I can plan, sir. | 我可以预谋 长官 |
[35:33] | I figured out how Principal Reed | 我掌握了里德校长 |
[35:34] | Went home from school every night, didn’t I? | 每晚下班回家的时间和路线 |
[35:36] | I figured out where to wait for him. | 计划好了伏击他的最佳地点 |
[35:37] | You almost shot the wrong guy. | 你差点杀错了人 |
[35:38] | Almost don’t count, lady. | 差一点不算数的 女士 |
[35:40] | And I didn’t give up. | 而且我没有放弃 |
[35:42] | I kept my eye — my eye right there on the ball. | 我瞪大眼睛 聚精会神 |
[35:46] | I made sure Mr. Reed knew me real good. | 里德先生一眼就能认出我 |
[35:49] | I was always smiling at him in the halls, | 在学校里碰见他我总是对他微笑 |
[35:51] | Going up to him, calling him, “Sir.” | 走向他 问声 老师您好 |
[35:54] | Yeah, I called him “Sir” A lot. | 没错 我经常用”您”称呼他 |
[35:59] | So, like, when I walked up to his car at the stop sign, | 当他在路口停车让行时 我走了过去 |
[36:02] | He knew me. | 他认出了我 |
[36:03] | He rolled down the window. | 他摇下了车窗 |
[36:06] | And I let him have it. | 我就动手了 |
[36:14] | Yeah. | 就这样 |
[36:15] | And now you know what happened. | 现在你知道事情的经过了 |
[36:17] | And I ain’t sorry about it. | 另外我对此并不感到愧疚 |
[36:20] | No, I ain’t sorry about none of it. | 对 没有丝毫的愧疚 |
[36:22] | And you guys — you guys can’t even do nothing to me. | 还有你们 你们休想动我一根毫毛 |
[36:26] | I’m a minor. I’m only 15. | 我还未成年 才十五 |
[36:31] | We’ll see if the D.A. has something to say | 那就看看地检署会不会 |
[36:33] | about your being tried as an adult. | 将你作为成人起诉 |
[36:37] | Detective Sanchez, would you see to it | 桑切斯警探 请你押送刘易斯 |
[36:38] | that Lewis gets to booking, please? | 去办理逮捕手续 |
[36:41] | I took a hit for my team, you know? | 我为我的球队作出了牺牲 懂吗 |
[36:43] | Sometimes you got to do that, | 有时候你必须这么做 |
[36:43] | Even if you get pulled from the game. | 那怕你为此被罚出场 |
[36:45] | That’s all I did. Took a hit for my team — my team. | 这就是我所做的 牺牲自我 挽救我的球队 |
[36:49] | I saved ’em. | 我挽救了大家 |
[36:59] | Just right over here. | 就在这里 |
[37:06] | You may feel bad about Coach Carr, | 你可能会为卡尔教练感到难过 |
[37:09] | but you had no choice. | 但你别无选择 |
[37:11] | He lawyered up. | 他叫了律师 |
[37:11] | I know. He was trying to protect | 我知道 他只是想保护 |
[37:13] | the boys living in his house. | 住在他家的孩子们 |
[37:14] | Yeah. Hard to know what else you could have done. | 是啊 不知道他还能怎么样 |
[37:25] | Coach Carr, I just — I just want to, um, say I’m sorry | 卡尔教练 我只想表示歉意 |
[37:28] | for any…misunderstandings that might have occurred | 对这次调查产生的一切误会 |
[37:33] | during this investigation. | 我表示遗憾 |
[37:34] | Well, it’s, uh, Lewis you should feel sorry for. Not me. | 你应该为刘易斯感到遗憾 而不是我 |
[37:38] | He’s a good kid — | 他是个好孩子 |
[37:39] | He’s smart… | 他很聪明 |
[37:40] | Never had a proper chance, and now he never will. | 还没来得及施展 就彻底断送了 |
[37:43] | Lots of people lack proper chances, coach. | 得不到机会的人太多了 教练 |
[37:46] | Lots and lots of people. | 这样的人有太多太多 |
[37:48] | And very few of them decide | 而没有几个人 |
[37:49] | that murder’s the next best thing. | 接下来会去杀人 |
[37:52] | Wow, you guys seem really well-informed | 貌似你们对我的学生 |
[37:54] | about the kind of world that my students live in. | 所处的环境有了很好的了解 |
[37:58] | Hey. Those other kids at my house — | 敢问我家里住着的其他孩子 |
[38:01] | Did their parents ever show up, | 他们的家长有出现过吗 |
[38:02] | or are you gonna be turning those boys over | 你们又是否打算把这帮孩子 |
[38:05] | to the department of children’s services? | 送到未成年人保护机构吗 |
[38:08] | Well, it doesn’t matter either way. | 无论你们怎么处理他们 |
[38:10] | They’ll be on the street again soon enough, | 他们很快又会流浪街头的 |
[38:12] | which means they’ll end up joining Lewis in jail | 不久就会像刘易斯一样进监狱 |
[38:14] | or Reed in the morgue. | 或者像里德一样进太平间 |
[38:16] | You think that’s right? | 你觉得这公平吗 |
[38:20] | Now, you don’t have to answer. I know. | 你现在不必回答 没关系 |
[38:22] | I mean, I’m a criminal, too, aren’t I? | 反正我也是罪犯 |
[38:25] | Giving abandoned juveniles | 没办理正规的手续 |
[38:28] | a place to live without the proper paperwork. | 就为被遗弃的未成年人提供居所 |
[38:36] | Trying to save some of these children we’re not leaving behind. | 试图救助那些不该被抛弃的孩子们 |
[38:40] | But it turns out that’s your job, isn’t it? | 这难道不应该是你们的职责吗 |
[38:44] | You and the undertakers. | 你们这些公务员 |
[38:59] | As good as Coach Carr’s intentions are, | 即便卡尔教练的初衷再好 |
[39:02] | his actions were illegal. | 他的行为仍是违法的 |
[39:04] | Or you could say that the challenges he faced at work | 或者说他在工作上所面临的挑战 |
[39:07] | forced him to look for unorthodox solutions. | 迫使他采取了非常规的手段 |
[39:09] | And now, for going above and beyond the call of duty, | 而现在 由于他越俎代庖 |
[39:11] | He’ll probably lose his job. | 可能会丢掉工作 |
[39:13] | Or maybe it’s time for him to move on. | 又或许他可以开启一段新的生活 |
[39:15] | I don’t know. | 我无从知晓 |
[39:17] | He seemed to be doing important work… | 他似乎是在从事一项重要的工作 |
[39:22] | …even if it wasn’t fully appreciated by his boss | 即便他未能被他的上司和同事 |
[39:24] | and fellow teachers. | 所理解 |
[39:26] | There’s something about that I find…admirable. | 这样的事迹 这种精神 值得钦佩 |
[39:32] | Me too. | 同感 |
[39:50] | Sharon Raydor… | 纱伦·雷达 |
[39:52] | What an unpleasant surprise. | 见到你很不高兴 |
[39:54] | I’m getting realused to seeing your car | 我每次要去什么地方 |
[39:57] | parked in front of someplace I need to be. | 总能看到你的车停在那里 |
[40:00] | I was just warming up Coach Carr for you. | 我抢在你前边 给卡尔教练热热身 |
[40:03] | I can’t decide which of us has the worse gig here — | 我不知道咱们谁的处境更糟 |
[40:05] | You or me. | 是你还是我 |
[40:06] | Well, that depends, I guess, | 以我之见 这要看 |
[40:08] | on what one wants from life. | 一个人对生活的诉求 |
[40:11] | I gather you want a little more than you have right now. | 我看你想要百尺竿头更进一步 |
[40:15] | Am I right? | 我说的对吗 |
[40:17] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[40:19] | Just I hear you’re giving up the badge and moving on. | 听说你要离开警局另谋高就 |
[40:23] | Really? | 是吗 |
[40:24] | And why not? | 何不呢 |
[40:25] | You’ve earned your pension, | 能拿到退休金 |
[40:27] | retirement doesn’t mean an end to work, | 退休也不代表要停止工作 |
[40:28] | and you’ve got a great job offer to go along with it. | 而且等待你的还是一份肥差 |
[40:31] | What could be better? | 还有什么比这更好的事 |
[40:33] | And where did you hear that? | 你这又是听谁说的 |
[40:36] | Ah…little birdie told me. | 小鸟会传话的 |
[40:38] | No, really, Mr. Goldman, seriously, | 得了 高德曼先生 说真的 |
[40:40] | From whom did you hear that I had a job offer | 你听谁说我要换工作 |
[40:42] | and that I was retiring? | 又要退休的 |
[40:46] | Why? | 为何这么问 |
[40:47] | Because I have no intention of retiring. | 因为我根本没想退休 |
[40:49] | A new job offer was the last thing on my mind. | 新的职位邀请也是我编出来的 |
[40:51] | The only thing I’m trying to do | 我这样做的目的不过是 |
[40:53] | is prove that there really is a leak in the L.A.P.D. | 证明在洛城警局内部确有奸细存在 |
[40:56] | And that you are getting your information | 而且你得到消息的速度 |
[40:58] | quicker than some of the officers. | 甚至比局内人还要快 |
[41:02] | Maybe I’ll have to get a warrant | 也许我得弄张搜查令 |
[41:03] | to find out who the little birdie is. | 好把你的那只传话鸟揪出来 |
[41:06] | A warrant against the attorney who’s suing you? | 申请搜查令针对起诉你们的律师 |
[41:09] | Good luck with that. | 那你得拼人品了 |