时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | 北极村 | |
[00:04] | 罪案终结 | |
[00:08] | Casey, don’t mess with my camera. | 凯西 别乱摆弄我的相机了 |
[00:11] | Come on, Buzzy. | 巴斯 不是吧你 |
[00:12] | You’re supposed to be Mr. Holiday Spirit. | 放假时间不要这么紧张嘛 |
[00:15] | Mom said she wanted pictures of you, too. | 老妈说她也想要你的照片 |
[00:17] | Well, use your cellphone, then. | 那就拿你自己手机拍 |
[00:21] | An entrance fee of $20 per adult? | 成年人的门票要二十美金一张 |
[00:24] | Whew! Merry Christmas, suckers. | 圣诞快乐 傻子们 |
[00:27] | Oh, the North Pole Village is such a racket. | 北极村还真是个抢钱的地方 |
[00:31] | A racket? What do you mean? | 骗钱 从何说起 |
[00:32] | In case you haven’t noticed, | 生怕你注意不到 |
[00:34] | everything here has a price tag on it. | 这的每一样东西都贴了价签 |
[00:38] | Huh. Why we still come here every Christmas, | 我们为什么还每逢圣诞必来呢 |
[00:40] | I do not know. | 我真搞不懂 |
[00:47] | Look, Santa’s coming in on a zip line this year, | 快看 今年的圣诞老人要顺着滑索 |
[00:50] | from all the way up there. | 从天而降 |
[00:52] | How about that? | 你觉得如何 |
[00:54] | Oh, I miss the float. | 我还是怀念他坐彩车而来 |
[00:56] | It was old-fashioned, but at least it was charming. | 虽然那套过时了 但至少很可爱 |
[00:59] | Why do you like this Santa so much? | 你为什么这么钟爱圣诞老人啊 |
[01:01] | It’s ridiculous. | 太好笑了 |
[01:05] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[01:07] | boys and girls, | 小朋友们 |
[01:08] | we are minutes from Santa’s arrival. | 圣诞老人马上就要光临了 |
[01:11] | So let’s gather by the workshop | 让我们齐聚工作间 |
[01:13] | for a holiday surprise. | 迎接节日的惊喜吧 |
[01:18] | As we usher in a new season of joy, | 为表迎新之喜 |
[01:21] | let’s put our mittens together | 让我们用热烈的 |
[01:23] | and give a warm, jolly welcome to the man of the hour, | 掌声来欢迎这位直接从 |
[01:27] | as he flies in directly from the North Pole. | 北极上空飞来的主人公 |
[01:30] | 10…9…8…7… Ho, ho, ho! | 十 九 八 七 |
[01:34] | – …6…5… – Okay, Casey, smile. | -六 五… -好了 凯西 笑一个 |
[01:37] | – …4…3…2…1! – No! Oh, God! No! | -四 三 二 一 -不 天呐 不 |
[01:51] | No! | 不要 |
[01:54] | Oh, my gosh! Santa! | 我的天啊 圣诞老人 |
[01:58] | Here, take this. | 给你 拿好 |
[02:01] | Casey, stay here. | 凯西 你别乱跑 |
[02:08] | Don’t worry, boys and girls. | 别担心 孩子们 |
[02:10] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[02:15] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[02:26] | Thank you, Buzz, for bringing me up to speed. | 巴斯 谢谢你 让我了解到最新情况 |
[02:31] | Nice to meet you, Casey. | 凯西 幸会 |
[02:32] | Don’t let this ruin your visit. | 别让这事给你的来到访添堵 |
[02:34] | Thank you, Chief Johnson. | 谢谢你 强生局长 |
[02:36] | Chief. | 头儿 |
[02:38] | How do we know this wasn’t an accident? | 怎么能知道这不是一起意外 |
[02:40] | L.A. City fire department inspected the zip line | 洛杉矶消防队检查了 |
[02:42] | that our victim was using, | 死者用过的滑索 |
[02:44] | and it appears that someone tampered with the brakes. | 发现有人对闸动了手脚 |
[02:46] | This trolley Santa was riding | 圣诞老人用的滑索 |
[02:48] | uses two pads to create the friction necessary for stopping. | 本应由两块刹车板产生摩擦而产生制动 |
[02:51] | One of these pads was pried loose. | 但其中一块刹车板被撬松了 |
[02:53] | It also has a battery-powered back-up system, | 本来还有一套靠电池运转的后备刹车系统 |
[02:56] | but no battery. | 但没装电池 |
[02:57] | And the entire kit is rented | 整套设备都是从一家 |
[02:59] | from a company called “Zip Xperience.” | 叫”滑索体验”的公司租用的 |
[03:01] | The owner says they ran trials yesterday afternoon, | 负责人说他们昨天下午调试过 |
[03:03] | and both brakes were working properly. | 两套刹车系统都能正常运行 |
[03:05] | So, according to the elves — | 精灵们告诉我… |
[03:08] | I’ve been waiting to say that my entire life — | 我这一辈子都在等说这句话的机会 |
[03:10] | according to the elves, | 根据精灵们的说法 |
[03:12] | our dead Santa’s name was Randy Mann. | 死者名叫兰迪・曼 |
[03:14] | DMV has him residing in Humboldt. | 驾照信息显示 他住在洪堡 |
[03:16] | And our young St. Nick has a sheet — | 而我们的圣诞老人有过前科 |
[03:18] | two prior arrests for cultivating and distributing marijuana. | 曾因非法种植和运送大麻被拘捕过两次 |
[03:22] | Oh, over there, the crying elf — | 那个泣不成声的精灵 |
[03:24] | that’s his wife, Lisa. | 是他的妻子 丽莎 |
[03:26] | I count two crying elves. | 有两个精灵在哭 |
[03:28] | Well, the other one’s Carmen. | 那个叫卡门 |
[03:30] | Seems, uh, Santa played the field a little. | 看来圣诞老人有点花 |
[03:33] | Hey, he’s not the real Santa. | 他不是真正的圣诞老人 |
[03:35] | You sure about that, Buzz? | 你确定吗 巴斯 |
[03:36] | What my brother means is, | 我哥哥的意思是 |
[03:38] | the guy who really runs | 真正掌管这家 |
[03:39] | this little con job of a Christmas village | 坑人宰客的圣诞度假村的 |
[03:41] | is Santa Jack. | 是圣诞老人杰克 |
[03:43] | After the accident, | 事发之后 |
[03:44] | I saw him run back into his workshop. | 我看见他跑回工作间了 |
[03:46] | Okay. Thank you, Casey. | 好的 多谢你 凯西 |
[03:48] | I’ll be back in a minute. | 我去去就回 |
[03:50] | So Buzzy, | 巴斯 |
[03:52] | why don’t you introduce us to Casey? | 你怎么也不给凯西介绍一下各位 |
[03:54] | Oh, he doesn’t need to. | 不用他介绍 |
[03:56] | You are Detective Sanchez, | 你是桑切斯警探 |
[03:58] | the one who threatens people. | 让人闻风丧胆的就是你 |
[04:00] | You are Lieutenant Tao, of course, | 想必你就是陶副队了 |
[04:03] | oh, and that’s your bag of tricks. | 这是你的家伙事 |
[04:05] | You are the very sharp-dressing Detective Gabriel. | 你是着装考究的加布里埃尔警探 |
[04:09] | – Hello. – Thank you. | -你好 -过奖 |
[04:10] | Judging by the cynical tone in your voice, | 通过你这愤青的语气判断 |
[04:12] | you must be Andy Flynn. Hi. | 阁下一定是安迪・富林吧 幸会 |
[04:15] | And that makes you the grumpy one, | 还有这位性格暴躁的先生 |
[04:17] | Lieutenant Provenza. | 普罗文茨副队 |
[04:18] | – Hello. – Grumpy? | -幸会 -暴躁 |
[04:20] | – Well, when I’m being shot at, maybe. – Mm. | -可能是我中枪的时候吧 -嗯 |
[04:23] | But the rest of the time, | 但在余下的时间里 |
[04:25] | I am just a cuddly Teddy bear. | 我可是个人见人爱的熊宝宝 |
[04:28] | Lieutenant, Casey’s afraid of bears. | 副队 凯西怕熊 |
[04:30] | – Oh. – Excuse us, please. | -真遗憾 -我们先走一步 |
[04:32] | We don’t want to interfere with your work. | 我们不想妨碍你们工作 |
[04:34] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[04:38] | This is a disaster. | 这真是个灾祸啊 |
[04:40] | I understand that the zip line was a new feature | 我理解滑索是个新花样 |
[04:43] | and that you used to enter on a holiday float? | 你之前一直是坐彩车出场 |
[04:46] | Yeah. That burned down to its gearbox. | 是啊 变速箱起火把车子烧毁了 |
[04:50] | No one knows how. | 没人知道怎么回事 |
[04:53] | Sorry about the smoke — | 对不起呛到你了 |
[04:54] | usually not allowed in the workshop. | 通常工作间里不允许抽烟的 |
[04:58] | How did this happen? | 怎么会发生这种事呢 |
[05:01] | Ohh! Poor Santa Randy. | 可怜的圣诞老人兰迪 |
[05:02] | I had the whole thing rigged up the right way. | 我明明把所有装置都调配好了的 |
[05:06] | I was supposed to go down, land on the platform, | 本来应该是我滑下来 在对面屋顶着陆 |
[05:10] | and go down the chimney myself. | 再顺着烟囱下来 |
[05:12] | But when I tried out the zip line yesterday, | 但我昨天亲自上阵的时候 |
[05:16] | believe me, Santa screamed words | 相信我 把我吓得都飚脏话了 |
[05:18] | that no children should ever hear. | 绝对少儿不宜的那种 |
[05:21] | And I take my job as role model very seriously. | 而我还一直自视为劳模呢 |
[05:29] | Eggnog? | 来点蛋奶酒吗 |
[05:30] | No, thanks. I’m…on duty. | 不了 谢谢 我在执行公务 |
[05:32] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[05:34] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[05:36] | Sorry. I’m having a few very bad months here. | 抱歉 我这几个月太不顺了 |
[05:40] | I run a Halloween fair, too — | 我也办过万圣节活动 |
[05:42] | a haunted house, corn maze, pumpkin patch — everything. | 鬼屋 迷宫 南瓜灯 应有尽有 |
[05:48] | One boy got botulism — one boy, | 一个男孩食物中毒了 就这一个男孩 |
[05:50] | and the county shut down my entire operation for a month. | 让有关部门勒令我停业整顿了一个月 |
[05:56] | And my sleigh gave out. | 然后我的雪橇也出故障了 |
[05:58] | Your sleigh? | 你的雪橇 |
[05:59] | Yeah, red minivan. | 没错 一个红色的小货车 |
[06:01] | I call it my sleigh. | 我称之为雪橇 |
[06:02] | Cost over $1,000 to fix. | 花了一千多块钱才修好 |
[06:07] | And now Santa Randy is dead. | 现在圣诞老人兰迪又死了 |
[06:11] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[06:12] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[06:14] | Were you and Randy close? | 你跟兰迪关系好吗 |
[06:17] | Santa Randy. | 圣诞老人兰迪 |
[06:18] | Yeah, great kid. | 是个好孩子 |
[06:19] | He’s been selling trees here | 他从大学辍学以后 |
[06:21] | since he dropped out of college. | 就一直在这卖圣诞树 |
[06:23] | But, of course, he wanted more out of life. | 当然了 他也提出了更多的要求 |
[06:25] | So being a good guy, | 所以为了表达我的友善 |
[06:28] | I-I sent him to Santa school last September, | 去年九月我送他去了圣诞老人学校 |
[06:31] | bought him the suit, paid for him to join the order. | 给他买了制服 雇他也来干这行 |
[06:35] | I understand that Randy and his wife — | 我知道兰迪和他妻子 |
[06:37] | Santa Randy. | 是圣诞老人兰迪 |
[06:38] | …Santa — | 圣诞老人 |
[06:39] | Santa Randy and his wife, Lisa, | 圣诞老人兰迪和他的妻子丽莎 |
[06:41] | were having problems. | 感情出现了点问题 |
[06:42] | Well, yeah, after work, there may have been a few | 下班以后 多少会有一些 |
[06:46] | of what we refer to around here as, uh, “Reindeer Games.” | 在这我们称之为”驯鹿游戏” |
[06:50] | “Pole dancing” — that kind of thing. | “北极舞”之类的东西 |
[06:53] | And I understand Santa Randy was a little overly friendly | 我知道兰迪老人对今年的精灵们 |
[06:56] | with the elves this year. | 有些过于热情了 |
[06:57] | Oh, Santa Randy. Mm. | 圣诞老人兰迪 |
[07:00] | But let me tell you — Lisa had a very hard time | 但我跟你说 丽莎花了很大力气 |
[07:04] | adjusting to Randy’s new station in life. | 才适应和兰迪的新生活 |
[07:09] | She had married a man — whew! | 她嫁了一个男人 |
[07:12] | and he had become part of a legend. | 而他成为了传奇的一部分 |
[07:17] | And I can tell you from personal experience, | 我可以以过来人的身份告诉你 |
[07:21] | the role of Mrs. Claus is more than most women can handle. | 圣诞老人这个角色不是一般女人可以驾驭的 |
[07:25] | Mm. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[07:28] | Some ashes there. | 烟灰落在你衣服上了 |
[07:30] | My fault. | 都是我不好 |
[07:32] | Look, Santa, I need you to come downtown | 圣诞老人 你得跟我回局里一趟 |
[07:34] | and give me a statement about this zip line. | 做一份关于滑索的笔录 |
[07:36] | Well, there’s absolutely no problem there. | 当然 这事没什么问题 |
[07:41] | Excuse me. One second. | 不好意思 稍等一下下 |
[07:43] | All right. That’s enough. That’s enough. | 够了 别闹了 别闹了 |
[07:45] | He would have wanted me to have it! | 他会希望由我来保存它的 |
[07:47] | He was my husband, you slut! | 他是我丈夫 你个不要脸的 |
[07:50] | – He didn’t love you anymore! – It’s all legally mine! | -他根本不爱你了 -法律上还是我的 |
[07:54] | – Ladies! – It’s not yours! | -女士们 -不是你的东西 |
[07:58] | Girls, come on. Now get off. | 女士们 快下来 |
[08:00] | Ladies, come on. All right, that — | 女士们 拜托 好啦 |
[08:01] | now, Gabriel, give them a sec. | 加布里埃尔 让她们打一会吧 |
[08:03] | One of them might say something incriminating. | 她们可能会泄露一些案子的线索 |
[08:09] | Elves! Elves! | 精灵们 精灵们 |
[08:12] | Please! | 拜托 |
[08:13] | All right, I’ve had enough. | 好了 我受够了 |
[08:14] | Put ’em all under arrest! | 把她们都给我抓起来 |
[08:16] | All right, let’s go. Let’s go. | 好了 我们上 我们上 |
[08:16] | Everybody, let’s go. | 各位 跟我们走 |
[08:17] | Hey, you — you come back here! You come with me. | 给我回来 你得跟我走 |
[08:21] | You are a very strong elf. | 你还真够重的 |
[08:24] | Okay. All right. All right. Okay. | 好啦 好了 好了 行了 |
[08:25] | Okay. You. | 好了 你 |
[08:28] | Santa is not gonna like this. | 圣诞精灵可不该这样 |
[08:34] | This is a lot of Christmas cheer, Chief — | 真是一大堆圣诞庆贺品 头儿 |
[08:36] | drugs, cash. | 有毒品 有钞票 |
[08:37] | Add in the elf sex… | 加上精灵艳照门 |
[08:39] | Three very traditional motives for murder. | 谋杀案传统的三个动机都齐了 |
[08:41] | It’s just so hard to believe | 真是难以置信 |
[08:42] | that someone would use a Christmas village to sell drugs. | 有人会借圣诞村来卖毒品 |
[08:45] | – Well, people use Christmas – Casey. | -人们借圣诞 -凯西 |
[08:47] | to sell everything. | 卖什么的都有 |
[08:48] | – And that’s what Santa Jack was all about. – Casey. | -圣诞老人杰克就是这样的人 -凯西 |
[08:51] | We do not interrupt detectives | 我们不能在警探们 |
[08:53] | when they’re discussing a case. | 讨论案情的时候打扰他们 |
[08:54] | Chief, I’m — I’m very sorry. | 局长 我 我很抱歉 |
[08:57] | No, no, no, no. It’s fine. | 没事 没事 没关系的 |
[08:59] | I think your sister might have a point. | 我觉得你姐姐说得挺好 |
[09:01] | With the amount of drugs we have here, | 根据我们现在找到的毒品剂量 |
[09:02] | we should be able to get a warrant | 我们应该可以申请到搜查令 |
[09:04] | for everyone who works at the North Pole’s… | 查看”北极村”所有工作人员的… |
[09:08] | …Credit reports. | 信用卡记录 |
[09:10] | And make sure that you include the victim’s wife, | 记得不要漏了受害者的妻子 |
[09:12] | uh, please. | 拜托 |
[09:14] | Uh, let’s see if anyone has more money in the bank | 看看谁银行里的存款 |
[09:16] | than they ought to. | 比正常的多 |
[09:17] | – Excuse me. – Okay. | -抱歉 -没问题 |
[09:21] | We’re supposed to be going to your attorney’s office right now. | 我们现在应该去你的律师了 |
[09:23] | Well, I don’t know if you’ve heard, | 我不知道你听说了没 |
[09:24] | but someone murdered Santa Claus. | 圣诞老人被杀了 |
[09:28] | Look, Pope pulled Raydor off your back | 听着 保罗把雷达从你身边撤走 |
[09:30] | with the understanding that you would focus, focus, focus | 是因为你答应会专心致志的 |
[09:32] | on this federal lawsuit, | 对待这起联邦诉讼 |
[09:33] | which, first and foremost, | 而重中之重 |
[09:35] | means keeping appointments with your lawyer. | 就是你要跟律师配合 |
[09:37] | I took off work today to go with you. | 我今天专门请假陪你去 |
[09:38] | I can’t believe you’re even thinking about being late, | 而你居然打算迟到 |
[09:40] | let alone not showing up at all. | 甚至干脆不去 |
[09:41] | – What is wrong with you? | -你在搞什么啊 |
[09:44] | You have the right to remain jolly. | 你有权保持开心 |
[09:48] | Now pull it together. We need to leave. | 收拾东西 我们得走了 |
[09:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:52] | Uh, everyone, look, uh, I have to go. | 各位 我必须得走了 |
[09:55] | But, uh, you know, Santa Jack should have been here by now. | 不过圣诞老人杰克应该已经到了 |
[09:58] | Let’s find out where he’s gotten to. | 看看他在哪里吧 |
[10:00] | And I-I need to know who else had access to that zip line | 查一下从最后一次安全检查到案发时 |
[10:03] | between the last safety check and our accident, | 这段时间还有谁有机会碰滑锁 |
[10:05] | which is what we’re going to be calling this | 这样我们就能明白 |
[10:07] | until we can sort out who’s been… | 哪个家伙不乖 |
[10:09] | naughty and who’s been nice. | 哪个家伙乖了 |
[10:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[10:18] | Well, it’s clear now, | 现在很显然 |
[10:19] | that Goldman only brought that Baylor suit against you | 高德曼只是用贝勒的案子做掩护 |
[10:22] | in the hopes of establishing a leak in your division. | 其实是想在你的部门安插个内鬼 |
[10:24] | And he has used that leak to amass an impressive list | 根据内鬼提供的信息列出一份很长的名单 |
[10:28] | of litigants for this federal lawsuit of his. | 从而可以提起一场联邦诉讼 |
[10:32] | So, Brenda… | 所以 布兰达 |
[10:35] | Why don’t we take a little walk down memory lane, | 我们不如沿着那条将你引入墓地的 |
[10:38] | which, for you, leads through a cemetery, okay? | 记忆的小道往回走走 好吗 |
[10:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:44] | In addition to Turell Baylor, | 除了图雷利・贝勒之外 |
[10:46] | whose death I now look back upon with a certain fond nostalgia, | 回顾他的死亡我总带着某种温情的怀旧感 |
[10:51] | we have the very thuggy Nick Koslov, | 有个名叫尼克・科斯洛夫的恶棍 |
[10:54] | son of a Russian crime boss. | 俄国黑帮头子的私生子 |
[10:56] | Who confessed to stabbing teenage prostitutes to death. | 承认刺死了多名未成年失足妇女 |
[10:59] | He was murdered after you alerted his family’s attorney | 在你暗示他们家族的律师 |
[11:01] | that the young Mr. Koslov was also an informant for the FBI. | 科斯洛夫公子是调查局的线人之后就被谋杀了 |
[11:06] | Yeah, that was not a good day. | 是的 那天真够糟的 |
[11:08] | And began a troublesome pattern | 然后事情就好像有了规律 |
[11:09] | you continued with Roger Stimple. | 罗杰・斯汀伯的案子又出现类似情况 |
[11:13] | A child molester | 那个猥亵儿童的家伙 |
[11:14] | who confessed to murdering three little girls. | 承认他谋杀了三个小女孩 |
[11:16] | And hanged himself in jail after you “forgot” | 然后在监狱里上吊自尽 因为你 |
[11:19] | to put him in protective custody. | “忘记”给他提供保护性监护 |
[11:21] | Then there’s Martin Vasquez, | 然后是马丁・瓦斯奎兹 |
[11:23] | a Mexican federale whom you arrested under another name — | 一个墨西哥警察 改名后被你逮捕 |
[11:26] | coincidentally, the name of someone | 巧得很 被瓦斯奎兹 |
[11:28] | Vasquez had paid to have murdered in jail. | 盗用姓名的人死在监狱里 |
[11:30] | Also, by complete coincidence, | 更巧的是 |
[11:33] | Mr. Vasquez died within an hour of landing behind bars. | 瓦斯奎兹先生刚进监狱一小时内就死了 |
[11:37] | Vasquez was a corrupt cop | 瓦斯奎兹是个腐败警察 |
[11:38] | responsible for dozens of homicides, | 给加西亚贩毒集团干活 |
[11:40] | working for the Garcia cartel. | 身上背着十多条人命 |
[11:41] | And then, of course, we have Kyle, | 然后 还有凯尔的案子 |
[11:43] | who shot himself in your interview room. | 他在你的审讯室里开枪自杀了 |
[11:45] | ‘Cause he couldn’t kill me. | 因为他没杀成我 |
[11:46] | And lastly, but not leastly, Phillip Stroh. | 最后一个 决不可忽略的 菲利普・斯特罗 |
[11:49] | What? Stroh? | 谁 斯特罗 |
[11:51] | He’s not dead. Is he? | 他不会也死了吧 |
[11:52] | Surprisingly, no, but your wife | 很奇怪 他没死 但是 |
[11:54] | has been harassing him for over two years. | 你的妻子骚扰了他两年多 |
[11:57] | And, in addition to badmouthing him to the authorities, | 对当局说他的坏话 |
[12:00] | chasing away his clients… | 赶走他的客户 |
[12:01] | Brenda, what the hell? | 布兰达 怎么回事 |
[12:03] | – People he’s defending have a right – You have to be | -他的客户有权知道 -你一定是… |
[12:04] | – to know who they’re dealing with. – are you out of your mind? | -他是个什么样的人 -你疯了吗 |
[12:06] | In addition to all of that, every year on May 5th, | 除了以上这些 每年五月五日 |
[12:09] | Mr. Stroh receives a mysterious bouquet of flowers | 斯特罗先生都会收到一束诡异的花 |
[12:12] | from the deceased Jessica Goodall. | 署名是已故的杰西卡・古道尔 |
[12:15] | A little bit creepy. | 真是有点吓人啊 |
[12:16] | I want Stroh never to forget what I know, | 我要斯特罗别忘了我们知道他干的事 |
[12:18] | and that is that he raped and murdered Jessica | 也就是二零零八年二月五日那天 |
[12:20] | February 5th, 2008, | 他奸杀了杰西卡 |
[12:22] | the night before her 30th birthday. | 就在她三十岁生日前夜 |
[12:24] | If you know that, why didn’t you arrest him | 既然你知道 你为什么不把他抓起来 |
[12:26] | and try him in court? | 送他上法庭呢 |
[12:28] | Why are you being so mean? | 你干嘛对我这么刻薄 |
[12:30] | I am not being mean. | 我不是刻薄 |
[12:31] | I’m simply presenting a more mild version of Goldman’s case, | 我只是平静的陈述高德曼的提起的案子 |
[12:35] | and if you respond to him the way you responded to me, | 如果你用回答我的态度来回答他 |
[12:37] | the L.A.P.D. will have to institute | 洛杉矶警局就只能花大价钱 |
[12:39] | costly new custodial procedures, | 建立新的看押程序 |
[12:41] | and you and Fritz could end up forking over | 你和福瑞茨就得耗尽你们所有的钱 |
[12:43] | every penny you have in punitive damages. | 作为惩罚性赔偿损失了 |
[12:46] | That’s all for today. | 今天就说这么多吧 |
[12:49] | Before I forget… | 差点忘了 |
[12:52] | I have a gift for the two of you. | 我有份礼物要给你们俩 |
[12:56] | In the spirit of the season, | 营造节日气氛嘛 |
[12:57] | enjoy. | 希望你们喜欢 |
[12:59] | But we didn’t get you anything. | 但我们没给你准备礼物 |
[13:00] | Not to worry — it’s from the firm, actually. | 不用担心 其实这是公司的礼物 |
[13:02] | Not from me personally. | 不是我个人的 |
[13:03] | Wait. Did you say punitive damages against us? | 等等 你刚才是不是说惩罚性赔偿损失 |
[13:08] | I’m afraid so, yes. | 我恐怕的确如此 |
[13:09] | And to get all the bad news out of the way this afternoon, | 还是把坏消息都一口气告诉你们吧 |
[13:12] | my retainer’s gone. | 我的雇佣金用完了 |
[13:14] | So if you would like me to continue as your counsel, | 所以如果你们要我继续做你们的律师 |
[13:16] | I’ll need another $25,000 by the end of the week. | 就得在周末钱再付我两万五千美元 |
[13:31] | Merry Christmas to you, Mr. Scrooge. | 圣诞快乐 葛朗台先生 |
[13:34] | I thought he was my friend. | 我还把他当朋友来着 |
[13:35] | He’s your friend, Brenda, | 他是你的朋友 布兰达 |
[13:36] | but it’s also what he does for a living. | 但他靠这个吃饭 |
[13:38] | Yeah, you mean making money off the troubles of innocent people? | 是啊 不就是从遇到麻烦的好人身上赚钱嘛 |
[13:42] | What did he give us? What’s in the box? | 他给了我们什么 盒子里是什么 |
[13:43] | Oh, it’s a silver tree ornament. Oh. | 是个银饰圣诞树装饰品 |
[13:47] | With the initials of their firm on it. | 上面有他们公司的首字母 |
[13:50] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不要 |
[13:50] | Don’t throw it away. I want it. | 不要扔掉啊 我想留着呢 |
[13:54] | “In the spirit of the season.” | “营造节日气氛嘛” |
[13:57] | Here’s a little Santa schematic, Chief. | 这是圣诞老人事件的时间表 头儿 |
[13:59] | Zip line was installed yesterday at 5:30 p.M. | 滑锁是昨天下午五点半装的 |
[14:03] | Four successful dry runs. | 一共排练了四次 |
[14:04] | Zip Xperience signed off on their equipment at 8:30 P.M. | “滑索体验”公司在晚上八点半签字保证产品安全 |
[14:08] | Yeah, the safety agreement has three signatures on it — | 安全协议上有三个签名 |
[14:10] | Jack McBride, otherwise known as “Santa Jack,” | 杰克・麦克布里德 即”圣诞老人杰克” |
[14:14] | his niece, Donna, who Julio’s bringing up right now, | 他的侄女唐娜 胡里奥正带她过来 |
[14:16] | and our victim, Randy Mann. | 以及死者兰迪・曼 |
[14:18] | Security guards were on duty last night | 保安人员从昨晚直到 |
[14:20] | until this morning at 10:00 A.M., | 今天上午十点都在值班 |
[14:21] | when the doors opened, | 园区开门后 |
[14:22] | leaving the trolley and the cable unattended. | 缆车和电缆都无人看管 |
[14:25] | Full system failure — a few seconds after noon. | 中午十二点后几秒 系统全面崩溃 |
[14:27] | Giving us two hours when nearly anyone | 期间有两个小时 任何人都能 |
[14:29] | could have disabled the zip line’s brakes. Great. | 弄坏滑索的刹车 见鬼 |
[14:32] | Okay. Uh, any other motive possible besides drug dealing? | 好吧 除了交易毒品 还有什么可能动机吗 |
[14:35] | Ah, yes. | 还有 |
[14:36] | It seems that our victim, Santa Randy, and his wife, Lisa, | 看来死者圣诞老人兰迪及其妻子丽莎 |
[14:41] | were recently qualified for a business loan. | 近期够格申请商业贷款 |
[14:43] | Lisa has admitted that they were planning | 丽莎承认他们在计划 |
[14:45] | to open their own Christmas village. | 开办自己的圣诞村 |
[14:47] | Another North Pole in L.A.? | 洛杉矶又一处北极村 |
[14:50] | Is that really such a big deal? | 这有什么大不了的 |
[14:51] | Well, believe it or not, Chief, | 头儿 随你信不信 |
[14:52] | Santa Jack’s village generates lots of cash. | 圣诞老人杰克的村子日进斗金 |
[14:55] | After paying his taxes, rent to his niece, | 每年他交纳税金 付侄女房租 |
[14:57] | and alimony to a couple of Mrs. Clauses, | 以及给几位圣诞老人前妻的赡养费 |
[14:59] | – Santa brings home over $200,000 per year. – Chief. | -还有20万的节余 -头儿 |
[15:03] | I have Santa’s niece Donna in interview room 1. | 圣诞老人的侄女唐娜在一号审讯室 |
[15:05] | Okay, great. Maybe she can tell us where her uncle’s hiding. | 很好 也许她能告诉我们她叔叔躲哪儿去了 |
[15:09] | Hey, Casey. | 你好 凯西 |
[15:11] | Come on. We’re needed in electronics. | 走吧 我们得去电子监控室 |
[15:14] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[15:17] | Detective Sanchez! With me now, please. | 桑切斯警探 请跟我来 |
[15:30] | Ms. McBride, | 麦克布里德女士 |
[15:31] | I’m Deputy Chief Johnson. | 我是副局长强生 |
[15:33] | I am so sorry about the tragedy today | 对于今天在你家圣诞村发生的惨案 |
[15:35] | at your Christmas village. | 我深表遗憾 |
[15:36] | Oh, it’s not my village. | 那不是我家圣诞村 |
[15:38] | Uh, dad left the property to me, | 爸爸把村子的财产权留给了我 |
[15:40] | but the village itself is my uncle’s. | 但村子是我叔叔的 |
[15:42] | Technically, I’m his landlord. | 严格说来 我是他的房东 |
[15:44] | He’s supposed to pay a percentage of his receipts to me, | 他该将所得的收入跟我分红 |
[15:47] | but, more often than not, I just let him forget it. | 但大部分时间 我不跟他计较 |
[15:50] | I see. So, if you’re not involved, | 我明白了 如果你并未涉及其中 |
[15:52] | why did you sign off as a witness | 为什么要作为连署人 |
[15:54] | on the safety agreement for the zip line? | 在滑索的安全保证书上签字 |
[15:57] | Well, as land owner, I still need to be careful | 我是土地所有者 所以还是得小心 |
[15:59] | about liability. | 肩负起责任 |
[16:01] | So you have nothing to do with managing the North Pole? | 所以你并没有管理北极村 |
[16:04] | Oh, no. | 没有 |
[16:05] | No, I-I couldn’t work with the people that Jack hires. | 没有 我无法和杰克请来的人合作 |
[16:09] | Randy Mann, with an arrest record like his… | 兰迪・曼曾有被捕记录… |
[16:11] | So you guys knew that Randy was a drug dealer? | 那你们知道兰迪是个毒贩 |
[16:14] | Oh, yes. Uncle Jack had to go bail him out once. | 是的 有次杰克叔叔还得去保释他 |
[16:17] | Randy never paid him back, of course. | 当然 兰迪之后没还他钱 |
[16:18] | And yet he sent him to Santa school? | 那还送他去圣诞老人学校 |
[16:21] | This is gonna sound odd, | 这听起来是挺奇怪 |
[16:23] | but Uncle Jack thinks that playing Santa | 但是杰克叔叔认为扮演圣诞老人 |
[16:25] | gives people an opportunity to… | 能给人们一次机会来… |
[16:29] | redeem themselves, | 自我救赎 |
[16:31] | that to embody the Christmas spirit | 体现圣诞精神 |
[16:34] | made one a better person. | 让人更为善良 |
[16:35] | For him, Santa’s a spiritual thing. | 对他来说 圣诞老人是心灵慰藉 |
[16:39] | Jingle bells Jingle bells. Everybody! | 叮叮当 叮叮当 大家一起来 |
[16:43] | Jingle all the way! | 铃儿响叮当 |
[16:48] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[16:49] | I was home a-wassailing. | 我在家尽情畅饮 |
[16:53] | Come on. Let’s get some Christmas going here. | 大家一起啊 我们给这地方带来点圣诞气息 |
[16:55] | Oh, my God. Your Christmas tree — | 天啊 你的圣诞树 |
[16:57] | it’s completely naked. | 上面空无一物 |
[16:58] | People, you need to deck these halls, pronto. | 兄弟们 你们得装饰这些房间 赶紧的 |
[17:01] | Eyes straight ahead. | 看前面的路 |
[17:02] | You can’t see anything here. | 在这里你什么都看不到 |
[17:03] | Hey, that’s Donna. Why is Donna on TV? | 那是唐娜 唐娜怎么上电视了 |
[17:06] | – All right, come on. Let’s go. – No, I know her. | -好吧 赶紧走吧 -不 我认识她 |
[17:08] | – Great. You know her. – Why is she on television? | -你认识她 太棒了 -她怎么上电视了 |
[17:10] | – Let’s go. – Please, I’m capable of guiding myself. | -走吧 -拜托 我能自己走 |
[17:14] | Uh, here. | 这里 |
[17:17] | Stay. | 呆在 |
[17:19] | There. | 这里 |
[17:21] | Hello, everyone. | 各位好 |
[17:23] | My apologies for appearing before you in dis– | 真抱歉 我出现在你们面前… |
[17:28] | uh, in this unseemly condition. | 还喝得醉醺醺的 |
[17:32] | Santa is never publicly drunk in uniform. | 圣诞老人不该穿着制服在公众场合喝醉 |
[17:36] | It’s a violation of my oath. | 这违背了我的誓言 |
[17:39] | But I had no time to change into Santa casual | 但是我没有时间换回便装 |
[17:44] | before your extremely rude friend here | 因为你们无比粗鲁的哥们 |
[17:46] | dragged me from my humble abode. | 把我从寒舍拉了出来 |
[17:53] | Hello, young lady. | 你好 小姑娘 |
[17:54] | Santa Claus at your service. | 圣诞老人任您差遣 |
[17:58] | And who would you be? | 你是谁 |
[18:00] | What? You don’t know me? | 什么 你不认识我吗 |
[18:03] | But I sat on your lap every Christmas for years. | 但是我每年圣诞节都坐在你大腿上 |
[18:07] | I’m Casey Watson. | 我是凯西・沃特森 |
[18:09] | Oh, and who would you like to do when you grow up? | 那你长大了想做什么 |
[18:13] | Well, I’m actually already doing it. | 其实我已经如愿以偿了 |
[18:17] | I’m a meteorologist at a weather station in Seattle. | 我是西雅图气象站的天气预报员 |
[18:20] | A weather girl! | 天气预报小妞 |
[18:22] | So you’ll tell us all about what’s it’s like | 那你就可以告诉我们世界上 |
[18:24] | in santas all over the world. | 所有”圣地”的天气了 |
[18:26] | What it’s like in santas? | 所有”圣地”的天气 |
[18:28] | Yes, you know — is it hot in Santa Barbara? | 你懂的 在圣巴巴拉热吗 |
[18:32] | Santa Ana? Santa Monica? | 圣安娜呢 圣莫妮卡呢 |
[18:35] | ‘Cause it’s plenty hot in here, Casey! | 因为这里够热的 凯西 |
[18:39] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:41] | Oh, that voice. | 那个声音 |
[18:43] | What is she yammering on about now? | 她现在在发什么牢骚呢 |
[18:47] | …Their own business loan and were looking to open | …他们的商业贷款 然后想着 |
[18:50] | their own Christmas village somewhere? | 在某处开办自己的圣诞村吗 |
[18:55] | Well, good luck in finding the undeveloped land | 祝你找到在我们圣诞村附近 |
[18:57] | anywhere near us. | 未被开发的土地 |
[18:59] | Randy was gonna compete with my uncle? That’s horrible. | 兰迪要和我叔叔竞争 真可怕 |
[19:03] | I-I can’t believe I got so upset | 我真不敢相信当他撞上烟囱时 |
[19:05] | when he crashed into that chimney. | 我居然那么难过 |
[19:07] | This will break Jack’s heart. | 这会伤透杰克的心 |
[19:10] | So Santa Randy was trying to open up his own village? | 圣诞老人兰迪打算开办自己的村庄吗 |
[19:19] | You think Santa didn’t know what was going on behind his back? | 你们觉得圣诞老人不知道暗地里发生了什么 |
[19:22] | Santa has powers Randy never even dreamed of. | 兰迪想象不到圣诞老人有多么神通广大 |
[19:26] | You think I changed places with him on the zip line | 你们觉得我害怕了 所以就让他代替我 |
[19:30] | because I was frightened? | 上了滑索吗 |
[19:32] | Santa does not know fear. | 圣诞老人可不会害怕 |
[19:36] | Well, then, Santa, tell us, | 那圣诞老人 告诉我们 |
[19:40] | why didn’t you do the jump yourself? | 为什么不自己滑滑索 |
[19:42] | Yeah. Why’d you change the batting order, Santa? | 是啊 圣诞老人 你为什么要改变顺序 |
[19:46] | Santa’s secret insights — | 圣诞老人神秘的洞察力 |
[19:48] | I know when people have been bad. | 人们变坏 我一眼就能看出来 |
[19:52] | So I went to Randy. | 所以我去找兰迪 |
[19:53] | I said, “Why don’t you do the zip line? | 我说 “为什么你不驾驶滑索 |
[19:57] | Go down the old chimbly?” | 滑到烟囱里头去” |
[19:59] | No, no, no. Santa, just wait a minute, okay? | 不不不 圣诞老人 稍等一下 |
[20:01] | Flynn, Flynn, Flynn. | 富林 富林 富林 |
[20:01] | I paid him an extra $500. | 我多付给他五百块 |
[20:05] | Santa Claus cannot be taken by surprise. | 圣诞老人可不会受到惊吓 |
[20:10] | Randy expected to replace me?! | 兰迪想替代我吗 |
[20:14] | Well…not…anymore. | 他做不到了 |
[20:19] | Santa! | 圣诞老人 |
[20:21] | Santa? Santa? | 圣诞老人 你还好吗 |
[20:22] | Buzz, you want to give us a hand? | 巴斯 来搭把手好吗 |
[20:24] | Hold on. Hold on. | 抓住 抓住 |
[20:26] | Oh, my gosh. | 天啊 |
[20:30] | Put him on Buzz’s desk — Buzz’s desk. | 把他抬上巴斯的办公桌 快去 |
[20:32] | – Oh, he reeks. Geez! – Watch his arm. Watch his arm. | -他真是臭气熏天 天啊 -注意他的手臂 小心 |
[20:35] | What happened to Santa? | 圣诞老人怎么了 |
[20:36] | Get him on the desk. He passed out. | 把他抬上桌子 他昏过去了 |
[20:37] | Get him on the table. Oh, my God. | 抬上桌子 天啊 |
[20:40] | What’s the matter, Lieutenant? | 怎么回事 副队 |
[20:42] | I never mirandized him. | 我没给他宣读过权利 |
[20:43] | – Why not? – You’re kidding me. | -为什么 -你开玩笑吧 |
[20:45] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[20:46] | What that means is, we apparently have | 那就是说 我们手头显然是 |
[20:48] | a Santa-on-Santa crime, | 一起圣诞老人间的犯罪 |
[20:49] | but we can’t use anything our suspect here said to prove it. | 但是我们不能用这名嫌疑人说过的话作为证据 |
[20:52] | Well, I don’t know about that, Lieutenant. | 这可不一定 副队 |
[20:54] | Buzz, did you get his statement on film? | 巴斯 监控录像里有他的供词吗 |
[20:56] | Yes, ma’am. Unfortunately, I did. | 有的 局长 我录了 |
[20:58] | Well, I’ll take a look at it. | 我会看看的 |
[21:00] | It could be helpful, depending… | 可能有所帮助 这取决于… |
[21:02] | Depending on what? | 取决于什么 |
[21:04] | Depending on how much you believe in Santa Claus. | 取决于你们有多信任圣诞老人 |
[21:07] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:16] | Why are you guys still here? | 你们怎么还没走 |
[21:18] | Well, Santa gave us the gift of overtime. | 圣诞老人送了我们一份加班的大礼 |
[21:20] | We had to serve a search warrant at his workshop, | 我们对他的工作场所 住宅和仓库 |
[21:23] | his house, and various storerooms. | 进行了搜查 |
[21:25] | In addition to some of | 除了一些 |
[21:26] | the cheesiest decorations you’ve ever seen, | 你见过的最次的装饰品外 |
[21:28] | we found all of his business records. | 我们还找到了他所有的生意记录 |
[21:30] | I thought he admitted everything. | 我认为他全都招了 |
[21:33] | Yeah. Well, uh, you know, | 对 你也知道 |
[21:35] | there were some problems with his statement. | 他的证词有点问题 |
[21:39] | What kind of problems? | 什么问题 |
[21:40] | For one thing, he confessed before we got a chance | 一方面 我们还没来得及告知他的权利 |
[21:43] | to read him his rights. | 他就认罪了 |
[21:44] | Really? Why do people do that? | 真的 怎么会有人这样 |
[21:46] | Did we smash his head in? | 我们没严刑逼供吧 |
[21:48] | Oh, no, no, no. | 没没没 |
[21:49] | That’s, uh, from too much egg-nogging. | 因为他喝了太多蛋奶酒 |
[21:52] | He passed out drunk in electronics. | 所以才醉倒在电子监控室里 |
[21:54] | Great. That’s yet another reason everything he said | 这下可好 这又是个理由 说明他交代的一切 |
[21:56] | could be ruled inadmissible. | 都不具有法律效应 |
[21:57] | Oh. And he also implied that he was the real Santa Claus. | 他还暗示 他才是真正的圣诞老人 |
[22:00] | Now, so we asked Buzz to try and sober him up | 于是我们让巴斯帮他醒酒 |
[22:02] | so he wouldn’t blurt anything else out that was incriminating. | 这样他就不会再承认什么罪行了 |
[22:05] | The Chief would like a proper crack at him. | 局长会让他吐露实情的 |
[22:08] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[22:10] | Oh, uh, thank you, young man. | 谢谢 年轻人 |
[22:13] | Ah. Would you happen to have a cigarette? | 你有没有香烟 |
[22:16] | No, and this is a nonsmoking area. | 没 而且这里是禁烟区 |
[22:19] | – Even for Santa? – Especially for Santa. | -连圣诞老人也不行吗 -圣诞老人尤其不行 |
[22:22] | You’re meant to come down the chimney, not smoke like one. | 你该沿着烟囱下去 而不是像烟囱那样冒烟 |
[22:25] | Well, then, would you pull a trash can over here, please? | 那好吧 你能拖个垃圾桶过来吗 |
[22:31] | You know, when I was a kid, | 我小时候 |
[22:33] | I looked forward to talking to you for months. | 好几个月来一直盼望着能和你说话 |
[22:36] | You were the symbol of my very favorite time of the year. | 你曾是我每年最美好时光的象征 |
[22:39] | And now I-I feel you’ve ruined | 而现在 我觉得你已经毁了 |
[22:41] | every Christmas memory that I have. | 我所有的圣诞节记忆 |
[22:44] | Plus, you don’t even recognize me. | 还有 你甚至都不认识我 |
[22:47] | That’s not true. | 才不是 |
[22:49] | I recall you very well — | 我对你的印象很深 |
[22:52] | a very caring young boy with a happy smile. | 你是个满脸洋溢着幸福笑容的年轻人 |
[22:57] | Why, I might even be the reason why | 对了 我可能还是 |
[22:59] | you work with the police now. | 你当警察的原因 |
[23:02] | One year, you sat on my knee, | 有一年 你坐在我的腿上 |
[23:05] | you looked Santa in the eye, | 你看着圣诞老人的眼睛 |
[23:07] | and you asked… for a camera. | 然后要了 一台相机 |
[23:13] | I never asked you for a camera. | 我从没问你要过相机 |
[23:17] | Oh, well. Sometimes I get lucky. | 有时我很幸运 |
[23:24] | God. | 天呐 |
[23:26] | Well, that should sober him up a little bit. | 这么一来 他该清醒些了 |
[23:30] | Sorry. These things occasionally happen to Santa. | 抱歉 圣诞老人很少会这样 |
[23:36] | Ugh. Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:39] | By the way, does he have a motive? | 对了 他有动机吗 |
[23:40] | Two, actually, sir. | 有两个 长官 |
[23:43] | Not only was the victim about to compete with him, | 一是死者准备和他进行商业竞争 |
[23:46] | but, uh, Santa Jack has probably… | 二是圣诞老人杰克 |
[23:48] | – Santa Jack? – Yes, sir. | -圣诞老人杰克 -对 长官 |
[23:49] | Santa Jack has probably | 圣诞老人杰克有份商业保险 |
[23:51] | the best business insurance policy I’ve ever seen in my life. | 这可能是我见过最划算的 |
[23:54] | Being that he has a seasonal operation, | 由于他的生意只在圣诞期间经营 |
[23:56] | if he’s shut down for any reason at all, | 就算因为某个原因而被勒令停业 |
[23:59] | he’s guaranteed the previous year’s income. | 他也肯定能得到前一年的收入 |
[24:01] | Policy was hard to find, sir. | 保险单很难找 长官 |
[24:03] | His financial papers were a mess. | 他的财务文件乱七八糟 |
[24:04] | About the only thing he did file properly… | 他整理成档的大概只有… |
[24:06] | …were the letters and cards he got from kids over the years. | 这些年来孩子们给他的信件和卡片 |
[24:10] | Right. | 好吧 |
[24:11] | So…why are we all standing here? | 那…我们都站在这里干什么 |
[24:15] | Oh. Excuse me. | 借过 |
[24:17] | Sorry. I need to get through. | 抱歉 让我过去 |
[24:19] | Please, allow me. | 我帮你开门 |
[24:19] | – Hey. You can go through. – Thank you. | -你可以过去了 -谢谢 |
[24:22] | Yes, sirree. | 乐意为您效劳 |
[24:26] | Who is that? | 她是谁 |
[24:28] | That is Buzz’s sister Casey. | 她是巴斯的妹妹凯西 |
[24:31] | She does the weather in Seattle. | 她在西雅图播报天气 |
[24:33] | She’s hot, sir. | 她很辣 长官 |
[24:35] | But she has opinions. | 可她很有主见 |
[24:36] | Oh, my. | 天呐 |
[24:38] | Santa vomit — how charming. | 圣诞老人的呕吐物 真销魂 |
[24:41] | Tell me, Buzzy, | 告诉我 巴斯 |
[24:42] | still believe this guy represents the magic of Christmas? | 你还相信这家伙代表着圣诞奇迹吗 |
[24:46] | Now, hold on a minute, young lady. | 等等 小姐 |
[24:49] | I’ll admit that my behavior the last few hours | 我承认 我这几个小时的表现 |
[24:52] | has been disgraceful. | 有失体面 |
[24:55] | But I want you to know that, before this evening, | 可我想告诉你 今晚之前 |
[24:57] | I spent my entire adult life respecting Christmas. | 我的一生都很尊重圣诞节 |
[25:03] | And in case you’ve forgotten — where is she? — | 我还要提醒你 她在哪里 |
[25:06] | and in case you’ve forgotten, | 我还要提醒你 |
[25:08] | I also stand for peace on earth | 我还代表着地球的和平 |
[25:11] | and joy to the world. | 以及给世间带来的欢乐 |
[25:17] | Behold — even in my darkest hour, | 看 即便在我最狼狈的时候 |
[25:20] | the power of Santa Claus | 圣诞老人的力量 |
[25:21] | draws these jaded police officers | 吸引了这些疲惫不堪的警官 |
[25:24] | to gaze on me in wonder and awe. | 充满惊讶和敬畏地凝视着我 |
[25:30] | They know what I represent is real. | 他们知道我代表的是真的 |
[25:34] | They certainly look real. | 他们看起来确实像真的 |
[25:35] | Yeah. Uh. Maybe I should show them around. | 是啊 也许我应该领他们参观一下 |
[25:40] | I mean Buzz and his sister, while she’s in town. | 我说的是巴斯和他妹妹 趁她还在市里 |
[25:43] | Yeah, right. | 好吧 |
[25:43] | You know, as chief of police, | 作为警察局长 |
[25:45] | I can take her places nobody else can. | 我可以带她去常人去不了的地方 |
[25:50] | Would y’all look at yourselves? | 照镜子瞧瞧你们自己 |
[25:52] | Like a bunch of diabetics | 像一群糖尿病患者 |
[25:53] | standing in front of a candy store. | 站在糖果店门口 |
[25:56] | Did Santa wake up from his long winter’s nap, | 圣诞老人从冬眠中苏醒了吗 |
[25:58] | so we can all get back to work? | 这样我们就能继续工作了 |
[26:02] | Really, guys, can we please? | 同志们 继续工作吧 |
[26:03] | We have important work to do here. | 我们还有重要的事要做 |
[26:04] | Come on. | 赶快 |
[26:05] | Okay, Santa. Time to get up. | 圣诞老人 该起床了 |
[26:07] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[26:09] | – Hi, Casey. – Hi. | -嗨 凯西 -嗨 |
[26:11] | Whoa. Well, merry Christmas to both of you. | 祝你俩圣诞快乐 |
[26:14] | And thank you, young lady, for your healing attentions. | 谢谢你对我的关怀 治愈系小姑娘 |
[26:18] | Oh. Oh, sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:20] | Probably lint from my beard. My fault. | 可能是我假胡子的棉绒 不好意思 |
[26:24] | Let’s go. Come on. | 快点走吧 |
[26:25] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[26:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[26:27] | If you give up that right, anything you say | 如果你放弃这项权利 你所说的话 |
[26:29] | can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 都将会成为呈堂证供 |
[26:30] | I hate you bother you with this, but, um… | 我不想提起此事来麻烦你 但是… |
[26:31] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[26:32] | – You have the right to an attorney. – Yes. | -你有权请一位律师 -是的 |
[26:34] | If you can’t afford one, one will be appointed to you. | 如果你请不起 我们会为你指定一个 |
[26:36] | Gavin is asking for another $25,000, and I don’t have it. | 盖文又要两万五千块 我付不起 |
[26:39] | He’s still charging you? | 他还在找你要钱吗 |
[26:41] | All right. Don’t worry about it. | 好 别担心 |
[26:43] | I’ll fix it. | 我会搞定的 |
[26:45] | Thank you, Will. | 谢谢你 威尔 |
[26:46] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[26:50] | Okay, Chief. | 好的 头儿 |
[26:51] | Santa will see you now. | 圣诞老人可以见你了 |
[26:55] | Santa Jack, when we spoke earlier today, | 圣诞老人杰克 我们之前交谈时 |
[26:59] | you said that you gave up your trip on the zip line | 你说你放弃驾驶滑索出场 |
[27:02] | because it frightened you. | 因为你害怕了 |
[27:03] | And I keep thinking how lucky it is | 我一直在想怎么会这么巧 |
[27:05] | that the person who replaced you | 顶替你出场的人 |
[27:07] | was the same guy trying to open his own Christmas village. | 正要开办一家自己的圣诞村 |
[27:11] | But he was also the only other qualified Santa | 但他是北极村里除我之外唯一一名 |
[27:14] | at the North Pole. | 有执照的圣诞老人 |
[27:16] | And now that I’m sober, | 我现在醒酒了 |
[27:17] | I really feel bad about that accident. | 我真的对这起事故感到很遗憾 |
[27:20] | Well, you know, it’s funny | 有趣的是 |
[27:21] | that you use the word “Accident”… | 你用了”事故”这个词… |
[27:23] | …’Cause we found evidence that suggests | 因为我们发现的证据显示 |
[27:25] | that someone tampered with the brakes on that zip line. | 有人对滑索的闸片动了手脚 |
[27:27] | Making it look less like an accident and more like a murder. | 与其说是事故 更像是谋杀 |
[27:31] | Murder?! Ohh! | 谋杀 |
[27:33] | But…you can’t think Santa did this! | 你们不会认为是圣诞老人干的吧 |
[27:36] | Earlier this evening, you implied — | 今晚早些时候 你暗示 |
[27:38] | Oh, no, no, wait. | 别 等等 |
[27:39] | That — that was the eggnog talking. | 我那是喝醉了说胡话 |
[27:42] | Listen, if I wanted Randy dead, I wouldn’t have offed him | 如果我想杀兰迪 我也不会 |
[27:45] | in front of a bunch of innocent little children. | 在一群天真的孩子面前干掉他 |
[27:47] | This has ruined my business. | 这严重影响了我的生意 |
[27:49] | No, actually, it hasn’t. | 其实不然 |
[27:51] | You’re about to make out like a bandit. | 你反而会因此受益 |
[27:53] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[27:54] | Excuse me, sir. | 抱歉 长官 |
[27:56] | That’s your business insurance policy. | 这是你的商业保险单 |
[27:58] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢你 警探 |
[27:59] | It covers all revenues losses | 如果北极村关门大吉 |
[28:01] | from the closure of the North Pole Village. | 这份保险单能赔偿所有收入损失 |
[28:04] | You could actually make more money closed | 实际上 你关门歇业会比 |
[28:06] | than if you’d stayed open. | 开张获益更多 |
[28:07] | Hope I’m not crowding you, Casey. | 凯西 我没有挤到你吧 |
[28:09] | Casey, right? | 你是叫凯西对吧 |
[28:11] | Chief of Police William Pope. | 我是警察局局长威廉・保罗 |
[28:13] | – Hi. – Nice to meet you. | -你好 -很高兴认识你 |
[28:14] | My brother must have set this up for me | 一定是我哥哥在买北极村时 |
[28:16] | as part of the lease agreement | 帮我办理的保险业务 |
[28:18] | when he bought me the village. | 这是租赁合同的一部分 |
[28:19] | Keeping a close eye on this case. | 我们都很关注这个案子 |
[28:22] | A lot of frantic parents calling in. | 很多惊慌的家长打来电话 |
[28:24] | I’m hoping we can keep from spoiling Santa Claus | 我希望我们能让小孩子们 |
[28:27] | for a lot of little children. | 不会对圣诞老人失去信心 |
[28:28] | Aww, that’s wonderful. | 真不错 |
[28:30] | You’re helping parents delay the moment | 你在帮助家长们拖延时间 |
[28:32] | children realize they’ve been lied to about Christmas | 让孩子们更晚地意识到 所谓圣诞节 |
[28:34] | their whole lives. | 就是一个谎言 |
[28:35] | That must make you very proud. | 这肯定让你特骄傲吧 |
[28:38] | Listen, uh, do you happen to know how much, uh, | 你知不知道 如果像这样关门歇业的话 |
[28:40] | how much, uh, Santa Jack gets paid | 圣诞老人杰克 |
[28:44] | for having to shut down like this? | 可以得到多少钱 |
[28:46] | This year, approximately $600,000. | 今年估计是六十万美元 |
[28:50] | Holy frankincense and myrrh! | 我的娘亲七舅老爷啊 |
[28:55] | Hey, does it also cover | 这笔钱包不包括 |
[28:56] | what happened to my float, too? | 对我的彩车的补偿费啊 |
[28:59] | Wait. What happened to your float? | 等等 你的彩车怎么了 |
[29:00] | Oh, it went up in flames. | 着火了 |
[29:02] | Oh, burnt completely. | 被烧了个精光 |
[29:04] | I-I barely got out of the storage garage alive. | 我好不容易才逃出车库 |
[29:08] | You were with the float when it caught on fire? | 彩车着火时你在里头吗 |
[29:14] | Truth is, I-I get a lot of attention now, | 事实是 圣诞节期间人们才会关注我 |
[29:17] | but the rest of the year, | 但一年余下的时光里 |
[29:19] | I’m mostly just another out-of-work actor in Hollywood. | 我就像个找不到工作的好莱坞演员 |
[29:23] | And sometimes when I’m feeling a little blue, | 我觉得心情不好的时候 |
[29:26] | I-I dress up in my old Santa suit | 就会穿上我那老旧的圣诞老人服 |
[29:29] | and go hang out in my float, | 骑上我的彩车四处瞎晃 |
[29:32] | maybe have a drink or two. | 兴许再喝上一两杯 |
[29:36] | Anyway, last September, | 不管怎样 去年九月 |
[29:37] | I passed out on my sleigh bench, | 我醉倒在我的雪橇椅上 |
[29:40] | and when I woke up, the entire float was in flames. | 当我醒来时 整个彩车都着火了 |
[29:44] | Yeah, and my, uh… my best beard, | 还有我最好的一套胡子 |
[29:46] | the one made entirely of actual yak hair — torched! | 那全是用真耗牛毛做的 结果毁了 |
[29:51] | Burned up faster than a pair of kid’s pajamas. | 烧得比小孩的睡衣都快 |
[29:57] | Oh, my God. | 我的老天爷啊 |
[29:58] | The Halloween fair’s even paid for, | 万圣节集会也有赔偿 |
[30:00] | even though the health department shut me down. | 虽然那次是卫生部勒令我关门停业 |
[30:05] | Because of botulism. | 因为肉毒中毒 |
[30:06] | Yeah, in one single brownie, | 就那么一块巧克力蛋糕 |
[30:09] | and it was my brownie, to boot. | 而且 那还是我给自己准备的 |
[30:12] | Little guy snatched it right off the platter of snacks | 我和兰迪把一盘零食藏在我的大杰克灯里 |
[30:12] | 杰克灯 即空心南瓜灯 | |
[30:14] | that Randy and I kept in my big Jack-o’-lantern. | 有个小家伙抢了蛋糕就跑 |
[30:18] | That was my name at Halloween — | 在万圣节期间我就叫做… |
[30:20] | Jack Lantern. | 杰克灯 |
[30:23] | Funny, right? | 有意思吧 |
[30:25] | Didn’t something happen to your minivan, too? | 你的小货车不是也出问题了 |
[30:30] | My brakes went out just as I was getting off the freeway. | 我刚从高速公路上开下来 刹车就坏了 |
[30:34] | Luckily, the light was green at the bottom of the exit ramp. | 幸运地是 匝道尽头是绿灯 |
[30:36] | Otherwise, Santa would have crashed and — | 要不然 圣诞老人早就成肉饼了 |
[30:38] | So, wait. Wait. Wait. | 等等 等等 |
[30:40] | Today, the zip line. | 今天是滑道 |
[30:42] | Before that, the minivan. | 前一阵子是小货车 |
[30:43] | And the brownie and the float. | 之前还有巧克力蛋糕和彩车 |
[30:46] | My God! | 我的天啊 |
[30:48] | Is this part of the war on Christmas? | 难道是有人在向圣诞节宣战吗 |
[30:50] | Either that, or today | 要么是那样 要么是今天… |
[30:54] | someone killed the wrong Santa. | 凶手杀错了圣诞老人 |
[31:08] | Fritzi? Hey. | 福瑞茨 |
[31:10] | You’re up late. | 你怎么还没睡 |
[31:13] | Something about possibly losing everything we have | 我们很可能失去一切 |
[31:15] | made it hard to nod off, | 这让我难以入眠 |
[31:17] | so I thought I’d get Christmas up and rolling. | 所以我想着干脆给家里带来圣诞节气息 |
[31:20] | How’d your day go? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[31:22] | Um, good. Good. Mm.I’m sta– | 很好 我开… |
[31:25] | Oh, Keith! | 基思 |
[31:28] | I… | 我 |
[31:32] | Uh, I’m starting to think that somebody | 我开始怀疑有人 |
[31:33] | really doesn’t want Santa at the North Pole. | 不想要北极村的圣诞老人 |
[31:36] | And his niece was right. | 他的侄女说得对 |
[31:37] | We’ve been checking with realtors, | 我们咨询了房屋中介 |
[31:39] | and Randy and Lisa | 兰迪和丽莎 |
[31:40] | couldn’t afford a vacant lot in Los Angeles, | 在洛杉矶买不起一块空地 |
[31:43] | much less their own Christmas village. | 更别说开办自己的圣诞村 |
[31:44] | 性犯罪 | |
[31:50] | Hey, Fritzi, what are you doing? | 福瑞茨 你在干嘛 |
[31:53] | I am taking down all of your Phillip Stroh stuff. | 我在把菲利普・斯特罗所有的资料都清出来 |
[31:57] | – What? Why? – I am. I am tired of looking at him. | -为什么 -我受够了整天看着他 |
[31:59] | – It is creepy, – But the case is still open. | -这真是毛骨悚然 -但是案子还没结 |
[32:00] | And I’m the only person who still remembers | 现在我是唯一一个还记得 |
[32:00] | having him in our guest room all the time. | 我们的客房到处都是他的资料 |
[32:02] | Hey, look, I live here, too. | 听着 我也住这里 |
[32:02] | what happened to all these poor women. | 那些可怜女人的遭遇的人 |
[32:03] | And I’ve got to get this guy out of our guest room. | 我必须要把他的资料清出我们的客房 |
[32:05] | It’s not good for me, so one of us has to go. | 我不喜欢这样 我俩必须走一个 |
[32:11] | Okay. Fine. I’ll — I’ll take him to work. | 那好吧 我把资料带去办公室 |
[32:14] | That’s not a big deal at all. | 这根本没什么大不了 |
[32:17] | Hey, look, look, look. | 听着 听着 |
[32:19] | I know what Stroh did was awful. | 我知道斯特罗罪不可恕 |
[32:21] | But holding on to the past like this, | 但如果你一直揪着过去不放 |
[32:24] | refusing to let go of the guy — it’s hurting us, too. | 一直不肯放手 这在伤害我俩 |
[32:29] | It’s making this court case we’re facing more credible. | 这也让我们面临的诉讼案件更为可信 |
[32:33] | Don’t you want to beat this thing? | 难道你不想赢吗 |
[32:35] | Is getting Stroh worth risking our whole future? | 难道为了抓到斯特罗 断送未来也在所不惜吗 |
[32:38] | You’re right. I’m sorry. | 你说的对 我很抱歉 |
[32:41] | Sorry. I know you’re right. | 我很抱歉 我知道你是对的 |
[32:45] | Sometimes, I hold on to things longer than I should. | 有时 我过于纠结某些事情 |
[32:47] | But, look, you have to know | 但你得知道 |
[32:49] | that there’s nothing on earth I want more | 我最想做的事就是 |
[32:51] | than to get rid of Gavin and Goldman | 摆脱掉盖文和戈德曼 |
[32:52] | and this whole terrible lawsuit… | 还有这一桩可怕的诉讼案 |
[32:55] | So that the future can go back to what it used to be. | 这样我们的未来又会是一片光明 |
[32:59] | I’d be happy if our guest room goes back to what it used to be. | 我很乐意让客房恢复原样 |
[33:04] | Look, the future is gonna be what it is. | 就让未来顺其自然地发展吧 |
[33:08] | In the meantime, | 在此期间 |
[33:10] | try not to freak out in advance. | 不要提前开始慌张 |
[33:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[33:20] | How true. | 句句真理 |
[33:23] | Freaking out in advance — | 提前开始慌张 |
[33:24] | that’s — that’s just not right. | 那样可不对 |
[33:31] | Casey, don’t mess with my camera. | 凯西 别乱碰我的相机 |
[33:33] | Come on, Buzzy. | 别这样嘛 巴斯 |
[33:35] | You’re supposed to be Mr. Holiday Spirit. | 大过节的 欢乐点嘛 |
[33:38] | Mom said she wanted pictures of you, too. | 老妈说她也想要你的照片 |
[33:40] | Okay, uh, let’s fast-forward to the accident, please. | 好吧 请快进到事故发生时 |
[33:46] | – …6…5… – Okay, Casey, smile. | -六 五 -凯西 笑一个 |
[33:49] | – …4…3…2…1! – No! Oh, God! No! | -四 三 二 一 -不要 天呐 |
[33:53] | Okay, stop it right there. | 停止 |
[33:54] | L-let’s go back to where the woman screams. | 倒回那女人尖叫的部分 |
[33:58] | – …4…3…2…1! – No! Oh, God! No! | -四 三 二 一 -不要 天呐 |
[34:00] | Freeze it. There. | 停 就这里 |
[34:03] | You know, when Buzz first showed me this footage, | 当巴斯第一次给我看这段视频时 |
[34:05] | it didn’t quite register | 我并没注意到 |
[34:06] | that the woman started screaming | 这个女人是在圣诞老人兰迪 |
[34:08] | before Santa Randy took the leap. | 起跳之前开始尖叫的 |
[34:10] | And as you can see, Ms. McBride, that woman is…you. | 如你所见 这个女人就是你 麦克布里德女士 |
[34:16] | Donna McBride, you have the right to remain silent. | 唐娜・麦克布里德 你有权保持沉默 |
[34:18] | Anything you say can and will be used against you… | 你所说的话将会成为呈堂证供 |
[34:19] | Wait a minute. I don’t understand what’s happening. | 等一下 我还不明白到底发生了什么 |
[34:21] | Why are you, uh… | 你们是在干嘛 |
[34:22] | Your niece was horrified in advance of the accident. | 在事故发生之前 你侄女就吓坏了 |
[34:25] | Which means, Santa Jack, that she knew Randy | 也就是说 圣诞老人杰克 她知道 |
[34:29] | was about to take the death plunge | 兰迪即将命丧黄泉 |
[34:31] | that she had planned for you. | 而这本是她为你安排的命运 |
[34:33] | No. No, that’s not right. | 不 不 这不对啊 |
[34:35] | I-I could never kill my Uncle Jack. | 我绝不会杀害我的杰克叔叔 |
[34:37] | You’re probably right, but not for lack of trying. | 你是没成功 但你做过多次尝试 |
[34:40] | And who else has access to his property, | 而且还有谁能进入他的房子 |
[34:42] | could burn down the place where he stores his float, | 烧掉他放彩车的地方 |
[34:45] | or fiddle with his brakes? | 或在刹车上动手脚呢 |
[34:47] | But she doesn’t know anything about zip lines. | 但她对滑索的事一无所知啊 |
[34:49] | Well, she knew everything she needed to know | 在她签署那份安全合约后 |
[34:51] | after signing off on the safety agreement, | 她就知道的够多了 |
[34:53] | including how the brakes work. | 包括刹车是如何运作的 |
[34:54] | And she saw you rehearsing the ride. | 而她看到你在排练驾滑索 |
[34:57] | This is nonsense. | 胡说八道 |
[34:58] | Why would I do such a terrible thing? | 我干嘛要做这种坏事呢 |
[35:00] | I remember you telling me that Randy and Lisa | 我记得你告诉我 兰迪和丽莎 |
[35:02] | couldn’t afford to buy the North Pole. | 买不起北极村 |
[35:04] | Made me wonder just how much a plot of land like that | 我就想着 这种地产在洛杉矶 |
[35:07] | would cost in L.A. | 会值多少钱 |
[35:08] | So we did some research. | 于是我们进行了调查 |
[35:10] | Two days before your Uncle’s car accident, | 你叔叔发生交通事故前两天 |
[35:12] | the real-estate company of Brown & Barrows | 布朗和巴洛斯地产公司 |
[35:15] | offered you $20 million for the property | 对这个你永久出租给你叔叔的地产 |
[35:17] | that you’re leasing to your Uncle for life. | 出价两千万 |
[35:20] | And, lo and behold, two days later, his minivan crashes. | 你说巧不巧 两天后他的小货车就出故障了 |
[35:24] | One week later, Brown & Barrows upped their offer by $1 million. | 一周后 布朗和巴洛斯公司将出价提高了一百万 |
[35:28] | And your Uncle barely escaped burning to death | 而你的叔叔差点在他的彩车里 |
[35:30] | on his float. | 活活烧死 |
[35:31] | There’s a pattern. | 这里有个规律 |
[35:32] | Offer. Botulism. | 出价 食物中毒 |
[35:34] | Offer. Zip line. | 出价 滑索事故 |
[35:36] | Listen to me, Donna. This is what I’m going to do. | 听我说 唐娜 我接下来要这么做 |
[35:38] | I’m going to arrest you for murder in the first degree | 我要以一级谋杀罪名逮捕你 |
[35:41] | and three counts of attempted santacide. | 外加三次意图谋杀圣诞老人 |
[35:43] | But in the spirit of the season, | 但为了配合这个季节的气氛 |
[35:45] | and since you weren’t really trying to kill Santa Randy, | 而且考虑到你并不想杀圣诞老人兰迪 |
[35:49] | I’m not going to pursue the death-penalty trial | 我就不提起死刑判决的请求 |
[35:52] | if you just say the magic words. | 但你必须承认罪行 |
[36:00] | I offered you a million dollars to give up that lease. | 我出价一百万让你放弃租约 |
[36:03] | Christmas…is not for sale. | 圣诞节是无价的 |
[36:06] | You idiot! | 你个白痴 |
[36:07] | What? I am not an idiot. | 神马 我不是白痴 |
[36:09] | You didn’t to dress up in that stupid red suit | 你只会穿着那件白痴红衣服 |
[36:11] | – and wave at people. – It is not a stupid red suit! | -向人们招手 -那不是白痴的红衣服 |
[36:13] | Ohh! You are not a legend! | 你不是什么传奇 |
[36:15] | There are hundreds of santas better than you! | 成百上千的圣诞老人都比你强 |
[36:17] | You are the worst actor ever — ever! | 你是最烂的表演者 最烂的 |
[36:19] | Young lady, I’ll have you know I’ve won six drama-logue awards! | 小姑娘 我得过六次戏剧奖 |
[36:22] | Oh, God! | 天呐 |
[36:23] | He is a degenerate undeserving blowhard | 他是个老朽下贱的吹牛大王 |
[36:26] | who ruined every Christmas for me my entire life! | 毁掉了我一生中所有的圣诞节 |
[36:29] | Because of him, I never even got the chance | 因为他 我甚至都没机会 |
[36:31] | to believe in Santa Claus! | 去相信圣诞老人的存在 |
[36:33] | Yeah, I wanted him dead. | 对 我想让他死 |
[36:34] | And if I ever get the chance, I’ll try and kill him again! | 如果我还有机会 我还会想方设法杀他 |
[36:43] | Well, merry Christmas to you, too. | 也祝你圣诞快乐 |
[36:49] | Another $25,000? Are you serious? | 多加两万五千块 开玩笑吗 |
[36:53] | I know it’s been a while | 我知道 |
[36:54] | since you worked in the city attorney’s office, | 你离开政府律政所已经很久了 |
[36:56] | but do you recall | 但你是否还记得 |
[36:57] | what a public servant like Chief Johnson is paid? | 像强生局长这样的公仆薪水才几个钱 |
[37:00] | I recall it very well. | 我记忆犹新 |
[37:01] | That’s why I left and got into private practice, | 所以我才跳槽去了私人律所 |
[37:04] | where, lest we forget, people pay me for my services. | 别忘了 私人律师按劳计酬 |
[37:08] | So far, I’ve saved the city over $500,000. | 目前为止 我为市政府省了五十多万 |
[37:11] | And if I’m fending off a $50 million award, | 如果我要为五千万赔偿金 |
[37:14] | plus punitive damages against Chief Johnson, | 以及强生局长的名誉而战 |
[37:16] | in what can only be described as the biggest lawsuit of its kind | 取得这场被誉为联邦级法院史上 |
[37:19] | currently before the federal bench, | 第一民事诉讼案的胜利 |
[37:21] | my compensation should be relative | 我的酬劳就要跟 |
[37:23] | to my expenses and my time involved. | 我付出的精力和时间挂钩 |
[37:26] | All right, listen, | 听我说 |
[37:26] | if you are trying the biggest lawsuit of its kind | 如果你参与这场联邦级法院 |
[37:29] | currently before the federal bench, | 史上第一诉讼 |
[37:31] | then you’re gonna be on television a lot and — | 就会经常在电视上曝光 |
[37:33] | – Well, my public profile is part — – I’m still talking. | -曝光率是其中的… -我没说完呢 |
[37:35] | I’m still talking. | 没说完呢 |
[37:37] | All right, look, | 听我说 |
[37:38] | you could not buy the kind of publicity | 你从这案子中获取的知名度 |
[37:40] | that you will get from this case. | 花多少钱都买不来 |
[37:42] | From now on, you will be the first resort | 从今往后 你会是所有执法者 |
[37:44] | of any law-enforcement officer facing similar charges, | 面临类似诉讼时想到的头号选择 |
[37:47] | and I’m guessing your rates will go up accordingly. | 估计到时候你的价码会提高很多 |
[37:51] | To be clear, if you are not willing to take this pro bono, | 说实在的 如果你不打算无私奉献的话 |
[37:55] | I guarantee you somebody else will be. | 我保证很多人会愿意顶替你 |
[37:57] | If want to set up your next competitor, be our guest. | 如果你想让后边的人捡便宜 我们无所谓 |
[38:02] | Well, let’s not draw this out. | 还是不要剑拔弩张了 |
[38:05] | I don’t usually work for free, | 我一般不会免费干活 |
[38:06] | but I like Brenda, and I hate Peter Goldman, | 但我喜欢布兰达 还讨厌彼得・高德曼 |
[38:09] | and my office will be in touch. Bye-bye. | 我随时等你电话 拜拜 |
[38:13] | Oh, Will… | 威尔 |
[38:16] | Thank you so much for helping me again. | 太感谢你了 又帮了我一次 |
[38:18] | There’s no way we could afford to pay for that. | 我们根本负担不起那么多钱 |
[38:20] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[38:22] | I couldn’t help but overhear — | 我不经意间听到… |
[38:24] | c-correct me if I’m wrong, | 我说的不对你可以纠正 |
[38:25] | but are you under the impression | 你是不是以为 |
[38:27] | that Chief Pope was in any way responsible | 保罗局长帮你搞定了 |
[38:30] | for procuring me my last retainer? | 我之前的律师费 |
[38:32] | Well, I know the city didn’t volunteer to pay it. | 我知道市政府并不是心甘情愿出的钱 |
[38:34] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[38:35] | And Chief Pope had nothing to do with it, either. | 保罗局长跟这事也毛关系都没有 |
[38:39] | – He didn’t? – No. | -是吗 -是的 |
[38:40] | That money came from your husband, | 钱是你老公出的 |
[38:42] | out of an inheritance he had from his parents. | 是他父母的遗产 |
[38:46] | I’m sorry. Where were we? | 抱歉 刚才说到哪了 |
[38:47] | Ah, yes, I remember. | 对 想起来了 |
[38:50] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[38:58] | I know you thought he was a sham, but look at this. | 我知道你觉得他是骗子 但看看这个 |
[39:01] | Here’s all the stuff Santa Jack | 全都是圣诞老人杰克 |
[39:03] | saved from kids over the years — | 这些年来保存的 |
[39:04] | thousands and thousands of letters | 孩子寄来的成千上万封信 |
[39:06] | filed alphabetically and by date. | 按日期和字母顺序存档 |
[39:08] | One in particular stands out to me. | 其中一封引起了我的注意 |
[39:18] | “Dear Santa… | 亲爱的圣诞老人 |
[39:21] | “I am writing you | 我写这封信 |
[39:22] | “Because we have had a very hard time since we lost my dad. | 是因为我们的父亲过世后生活很煎熬 |
[39:27] | “And someone stole my big brother Buzzy’s bicycle, | 而且我哥哥巴斯的单车被人偷了 |
[39:32] | “And mom says we can’t buy a new one. | 而妈妈说不能买新的 |
[39:34] | “All of his friends have bikes, and he feels left out, | 他的朋友们都有单车 他感觉被孤立了 |
[39:38] | “Even though he acts like it’s okay. | 即使这样 他还假装没事 |
[39:42] | “We still live in the same place we did last year. | 我们仍然住在和去年一样的地方 |
[39:45] | “And if there’s anything left over after the bike, | 如果除了单车还能要一样东西的话 |
[39:49] | “I would like a pony. | 我想要个小马驹 |
[39:51] | “I love you, Santa. | 我爱你 圣诞老人 |
[39:52] | Casey Watson.” | 凯西・沃特森 |
[39:55] | You see? | 看到了吧 |
[39:57] | Can anyone here say “Hallelujah!” 20 million times really fast? | 谁能快速的说”哈利路亚”两千万次 |
[40:02] | ‘Cause that’s how grateful I am for the $20 million | 因为我感谢上帝让布朗和巴洛斯公司 |
[40:06] | Brown & Barrows has just agreed to pay me | 决定花两千万元 |
[40:10] | for my Christmas village! | 买下我的圣诞村庄 |
[40:12] | I thought you said you’d never give up the North Pole. | 你不是说过绝不卖掉北极村吗 |
[40:14] | Well, that’s before you guys | 我说那话的时候 |
[40:15] | proved that my niece tried to kill me. | 你们还没证实我侄女要杀我 |
[40:18] | Now she needs a lawyer. | 她现在得请律师 |
[40:19] | So I told her, if she signed the land over to me, | 所以我告诉她 如果你把土地转给我 |
[40:22] | I’d sell it and help her hire one. | 我会卖掉它帮她找律师 |
[40:25] | Here, here. Enjoy. | 来吧 享受吧 |
[40:27] | Oh. The reason for the season. | 这个季节的由来 |
[40:32] | Don’t think I forgot about you, young fella. | 我不会忘记你的 年轻人 |
[40:35] | If it wasn’t for that trusty camera of yours, | 要不是你那个可靠的摄像机 |
[40:37] | Donna would be planning on murdering me again, I’m sure. | 我敢肯定唐娜还会想办法杀我的 |
[40:40] | So, tell us, Santa, | 告诉我们 圣诞老人 |
[40:42] | what are they gonna build at the North Pole? | 北极村被拆迁后会建成什么 |
[40:43] | What they always build in L.A. — | 洛城到处都是 |
[40:45] | a temperature-controlled indoor shopping environment, | 一个恒温的室内购物场所 |
[40:47] | featuring lots of retail stores all crammed next to each other | 里边有很多家零售店 一个挨一个 |
[40:51] | and connected by an escalator and a food court. | 由扶梯相互连接 还有餐饮区 |
[40:55] | Happy holidays! | 节日快乐 |
[40:57] | I can’t believe you sold Christmas. | 真不敢相信 你把圣诞给卖了 |
[41:00] | Oh, nonsense, Buzz. | 胡说 巴斯 |
[41:01] | What says Christmas better than a mall? | 谁说购物中心不如圣诞节了 |
[41:04] | My very words, ye merry gentlemen — | 我就是这么说的 亲爱的先生 |
[41:07] | my very words. | 我的原话 |
[41:11] | And Santa remembers you, too, lovely lady. | 圣诞老人也记得你 小姑娘 |
[41:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:16] | A little confetti there. My fault. | 你身上沾了些亮片 不好意思 |
[41:26] | And don’t forget, boys and girls, | 别忘了 孩子们 |
[41:28] | to tune in on Christmas Eve, | 在平安夜收看节目 |
[41:30] | when we will be plugging in | 我们会启动 |
[41:31] | our specially modified doppler 12000 radar | 特别改装的多普勒12000雷达 |
[41:35] | to track Santa’s progress | 追踪圣诞老人 |
[41:37] | as he makes his journey all the way from the North Pole | 从北极出发一直到你家客厅 |
[41:41] | and into your living room and under your tree. | 再到圣诞树下的全部过程 |
[41:43] | I’m Casey Watson. | 我是凯西・沃特森 |
[41:45] | Good weather, and good night. | 好天气 晚安 |
[41:47] | And we’re out. | 结束了 |