时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Shaw looks pissed — | Shaw看上去很生气 |
[00:20] | like he got stood up or something. | 好像是被人放鸽子了 |
[00:24] | PROPERTY OF THE FBI | |
[00:28] | I find nothing connecting Shaw to this address. | 我没找到任何关于Shaw 为什么来这里的信息 |
[00:30] | I’ll mark it down. FBI INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SEARCH: 1919 N.KINGSLEY ST.LOS ANGELES | 我会记下来的 |
[00:38] | Now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[00:41] | Here. Look. | 看这儿 |
[00:42] | You know this guy? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[00:46] | No, but Shaw does. | 不 但是Shaw认识 |
[00:52] | Hey. Hey, what was that? | 嘿 他们在干什么 |
[00:54] | Oh! That’s not good. Not good. | 哦 情况不妙 |
[01:01] | Come on, Morris. We got to stop this. | 走吧 Morris 我们得阻止这件事 |
[01:07] | He’s gonna kill this guy. | 他会杀了这个人的 |
[01:09] | You know he’s — just wait. | – 你知道他… – 等一下 |
[01:10] | You want to explain to the U.S. attorney | 难道你想去跟联邦检察官解释 |
[01:11] | how we sat here and filmed a guy getting beaten to death instead of saving his life? | 为什么我们架好摄影机看这个人活活被打死 而不是救他一命吗 |
[01:18] | All right. Come on, damn it. | 好吧好吧 我靠 |
[01:20] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. They’re stopping. | 等等 他们停手了 |
[01:26] | Oh. Fight’s over. | 好 不打了 |
[01:32] | The guy Shaw beat up needs an ambulance. I’m calling 911. | 得给这个被Shaw打的人叫救护车 我来报警 |
[01:37] | – 911.What’s your emergency? – Yeah, this is Agent burns, FBI. | – 911 您有什么紧急情况 – 嗯 我是FBI的Burns探员 |
[01:40] | I need L.A.P.D. to respond to 1919 North Kingsley Street. | 我需要警察到北Kingsley街1919号来 |
[01:43] | Tell them we need the identity of the victim and tell them to get here quick before he drives away. | 告诉他们我们需要知道受害者的身份 而得在他开车离开之前赶来 |
[01:46] | – Yeah, it’s a dark-blue pickup parked in the driveway. – Hey, Shaw’s on the move. | – 嗯 是车道上一辆深蓝色的小卡车 – 嘿 Shaw要跑了 |
[01:50] | – God damn! Shaw’s on the move! – Driver needs medical assistance. | – 我靠 Shaw跑了 – 司机需要医护救援 |
[01:52] | L.A.P.D. needs to get us an I.D. ASAP. | 洛杉矶警察需要尽快帮我们确认他的身份 |
[01:54] | Let’s go, Burns! Start the vehicle! Let’s go! | 走吧 Burns 快点开车走 |
[01:56] | Yeah, he’s alive. He’s alive. | 嗯 他还活着 还活着 |
[01:57] | He’s beat to hell, but he’s alive. | 他被打惨了 但是还活着 |
[01:58] | We’re losing Shaw! Come on! | 我们就要跟丢Shaw了 快点 |
[02:28] | Where’s Chief Johnson? | Johnson警长呢 |
[02:30] | Uh, her parents dropped in for a quick visit, so we’ve decided to leave her out of this for now. | 呃 她父母来了 所以我们决定暂时先不通知她 |
[02:35] | What did the FBI say happened here? | FBI怎么说的 这里发生了什么事 |
[02:37] | Well, the guy I spoke to, an Agent Morris, said there was some kind of fistfight. | 跟我聊的人是Morris探员 说这里有场斗殴 |
[02:43] | But when they left, the victim was still alive. | 但是他们走的时候 受害人还活着 |
[02:46] | Well, if it makes you feel any better, the feds are telling the truth about the fight. | 好吧 不知道这会不会让你感觉好点 但探员们说的是实话 |
[02:49] | The blood trail stretches about 10 feet this way, | 这儿的血迹有10英尺长 |
[02:52] | but I’m pretty sure it’s the gunshots in his head that killed him. | 但我确定是打进脑袋的子弹杀了他 |
[02:57] | Two, up close. | 两颗 距离很近 |
[02:59] | So here’s the timeline. | 这里是时间线 |
[02:59] | FBI dials 911 at 7:32 p.m. | FBI是在晚上7:32报的警 |
[03:03] | Right? | 对吧 |
[03:04] | Officers are dispatched, arrive at 7:37 p.m. | 警队立马出动 在7:37时到达现场 |
[03:07] | Victim is D.O.A. | 受害人在送到医院前就已死亡了 |
[03:08] | So we’re expected to believe this murder happened | 所以你是说谋杀发生在 |
[03:10] | in the five minutes between the FBI leaving and our officers responding? | FBI离开和我们的人到达之间的五分钟 |
[03:14] | What the hell kind of operation is the FBI running that they let this guy get killed? | FBI他妈的在搞什么鬼 就这么牺牲了一个人 |
[03:18] | Surveillance, Provenza. | 在监视 Provenza |
[03:21] | They just wanted his name. | 他们只想要这个人的名字 |
[03:22] | Registration and plates say he’s a Paul Burke of Santa Monica, sir. | 车牌登记的名字是Paul Burke 来自圣莫尼卡 长官 |
[03:32] | All right. | 好 |
[03:34] | Let me call the FBI. | 我去打给FBI |
[03:36] | No, no, no. Just hold on, commander. | 不不 别急 指挥官 |
[03:38] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[03:39] | I-I don’t want to give the FBI this name unless we get what we need in return. | 除非能得到回报 否则不会把名字就这么给FBI的 |
[03:43] | Like the name of the guy they had under surveillance when he killed our victim. | 比如说他们监视的杀了死者的这个人名 |
[03:47] | A.K.A. our main suspect. | 我们的主要嫌疑人 |
[03:49] | They’ll never give us that, Andy. | 他们不会告诉我们的 Andy |
[03:50] | Well, not with that attitude. | 当然了 你这种态度肯定不行 |
[03:54] | Our boy, Jimmy, says he’s gonna stay up in Manhattan for Christmas. | 我们的儿子Jimmy 说他会留在曼哈顿过圣诞 |
[03:59] | Says he and his roommate, that Frank, have other plans for the holidays. | 说他和他的室友 Frank什么的 有别的节日计划 |
[04:05] | I’d think he’d seen enough of Frank. | 我以为他看够Frank了呢 |
[04:08] | I mean, they share that tiny, little apartment, both of them splitting one bedroom. | 我是说他们同住在一间巴掌大的公寓里 共用一间浴室 |
[04:13] | I-I just couldn’t do that. | 换我可受不了 |
[04:16] | Now, Clay Jr. — he’s working so much | 而小Clay那样的工作狂 |
[04:19] | that he’s probably gonna spend Christmas in his office. | 肯定会在他的办公室里过圣诞 |
[04:22] | Well, you know, | 嗯 你知道的 |
[04:23] | you and Willie Ray are always welcome to spend the holidays with us if you — | 如果你们愿意 你和Willie Ray可以跟我们一起过圣诞… |
[04:26] | And don’t get me started on Bobby! | 更别提Bobby了 |
[04:29] | I’m not running down my kids. | 我不是想抱怨我的孩子们 |
[04:31] | Don’t you get that idea at all. | 可别这么想 |
[04:32] | But not one of them can break away to meet us for Christmas. | 但是他们中没有人愿意来跟我们过圣诞 |
[04:36] | That’s just mind-boggling. | 这真是难以置信 |
[04:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:39] | Uh, sorry to bother you, Chief. | 呃 不好意思打扰你了 头儿 |
[04:42] | I need to speak to your husband for a minute. | 我要跟你老公说几句话 |
[04:44] | Why? What’s going on? | 为什么 什么事 |
[04:46] | Oh, you know, nothing. | 呃 没啥事 |
[04:47] | Um, just looking for some background info. | 只是要了解些背景信息 |
[04:51] | Wow, this was up-close and personal. | 哇 这真是带有私人恩怨的近距离射杀 |
[04:52] | – A lot of sooting. – Sooting? | – 大片的黑烟灰 – 黑烟灰? |
[04:54] | Lieutenant, I-is that Kendall? | 副队 说话的是Kendall吗 |
[04:56] | Uh, Chief, I… | 呃 头儿 我… |
[04:58] | I-I need you to put Special Agent Howard on the phone, please. | 麻烦你让Howard特别探员接电话 |
[05:02] | Let’s move the body on 3. | 我们来抬尸体吧 |
[05:03] | 1, 2, 3. | |
[05:05] | Body?! Lieutenant! | 尸体? 副队 |
[05:07] | Did he hang up on me? | 他竟然敢挂我电话 |
[05:10] | Where’s my cell? | 我的手机呢 |
[05:17] | Hello? | 喂 |
[05:18] | Yes, Lieutenant Provenza. | 嗯 Porvenza副队 |
[05:19] | I have a victim under surveillance. | 我这儿有个被你们监视的受害人 |
[05:21] | Uh, is that — why — | 呃 所以… |
[05:24] | give me the phone. | 把电话给我 |
[05:24] | The word is “please.” “Please give me the phone.” | 要说”请” “请给我电话” |
[05:28] | Yeah, Lieutenant, go on. | 嗯 副队 请继续说 |
[05:29] | I need to ask you about an Agent Morris who’s dealing with it. | 我需要问问你Morris探员的情况 是他在监视这个人 |
[05:32] | Yes, Lieutenant, we have several surveillance situations going on right now. | 是的副队 我们现在是在监视几个人 |
[05:36] | Could you give me a few more details? | 头儿的电话 |
[05:38] | The Chief. | 你能多告诉我些情况吗 |
[05:41] | – Chief Johnson – Are you there, Lieutenant? | 你还在吗 副队 |
[05:43] | – Hello? – Uh, yeah, | – 喂 – 嗯我在 |
[05:45] | this Agent Morris admits to witnessing most of what happened to our victim, | 这位Morris探员承认目击了 我们的受害人被害的大部分情况 |
[05:50] | whose name the FBI wants, and I can give you that, | 而且他们要他的名字 我会告诉你的 |
[05:54] | but in return, I want the name of the guy that Morris had under surveillance. | 但是作为回报 我要知道Morris监视的那个人的名字 |
[06:03] | Uh, now, if he turns out not to be the shooter, he could be the last person to see our victim alive. | 如果他不是枪杀死者的人 那他也可能是最后一个见到死者活着的人 |
[06:10] | Will no one pick up their phone? | 怎么没人接电话 |
[06:13] | So, you, uh, you want to trade info. | 这么说你想交换信息 |
[06:15] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[06:16] | The identity of our dead guy for the name of your suspect. | 我们死者的身份换你们监视对象的名字 |
[06:21] | Okay, Lieutenant. | 好的 副队 |
[06:24] | Let’s do it. You first. | 成交 你先说 |
[06:26] | Ah. Yes. | 嗯好的 |
[06:27] | Uh, well, the victim is Paul Burke from Santa Monica. | 呃 我们的死者名叫Paul Burke 来自圣莫尼卡 |
[06:32] | Worked for the Laura B Catering company. | 在Laura B餐饮服务公司工作 |
[06:35] | Catering. Very interesting. | 餐饮服务 真有趣 |
[06:38] | I will get back to you with the name you wanted shortly. | 我一会儿再告诉你你想要的人名 |
[06:41] | Hello. No, uh… Agent Howard. | 啊 不… Howard探员 |
[06:45] | Fritz. | |
[06:48] | He’ll… He’ll get back to me… | 他…他说一会儿打给我 |
[06:51] | Shortly, he said. | 他说很快 |
[06:55] | Not me. | 不是我的 |
[06:58] | Uh, Lieutenant, it’s — | 呃 副队 这… |
[07:05] | This is ridiculous! | 这太荒谬了 |
[07:07] | – I’ve never been treated like this before in my life. – It’s not ridiculous — it’s a federal issue and not your business at the moment. | – 我一辈子也没被人这么对待过 – 不荒谬 这是联邦事务而不是你的事 |
[07:11] | Clay… | |
[07:12] | Willie Ray, I’m so sorry. | Willy Ray 我很抱歉 |
[07:15] | I hate to leave. | 我不想走 |
[07:16] | But this is something that just can’t wait. | 但是这件事十万火急 |
[07:19] | Oh, we understand. | 哦 我们理解 |
[07:20] | Crime doesn’t stop for dinner in this house. | 罪案不会因为我们的晚餐而停止 |
[07:23] | Matter of fact, it pays for dinner. | 更别说它是我们的经济来源 |
[07:25] | You go man those barricades, son. | 去干掉这些坏人吧 小子 |
[07:29] | Fritz. | |
[07:30] | Clay. | |
[07:33] | I just want to tell you… | 我只想告诉你… |
[07:35] | How very proud we are of you. | 我们多么为你感到骄傲 |
[07:38] | T-thank you, Clay. | 谢谢 Clay |
[07:41] | How very proud. | 非常骄傲… |
[07:42] | Thank — thanks very much. | 非常感谢 |
[07:43] | – Honey… – Thank you. | – 亲爱的… – 谢谢 |
[07:45] | …he has to go. | 他得走了 |
[07:56] | If you’re meeting my division, I’m going, too. | 如果你是要去见我的人 我也要去 |
[07:58] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[07:59] | This is classified FBI business. Top secret. | 这只是FBI的事 绝密 |
[08:02] | Top secret? L-like the way you paid Gavin and didn’t tell me — that kind of top secret? | 绝密? 就像你不告诉我 就付钱给Gavin那样绝密 |
[08:06] | Oh. Yeah, that was horribly selfish of me, using my inheritance for your legal fees. | 哦是啊 我用自己继承的遗产 来付你的律师费真是无比自私 |
[08:10] | The things I hide! | 所以我不敢告诉你 |
[08:12] | Look, if you’re really interested in uncovering some secrets, | 听着 如果你想解什么密 |
[08:16] | why don’t you find out the reason behind your parents’ blitz visit | 为什么不问问你父母 为什么这么突袭我们家 |
[08:19] | and why your mother is so quiet or that hug your dad just gave me? | 还有你妈妈那么安静 以及你爸爸的那个拥抱 |
[08:23] | What was that about? | 都是为了什么 |
[08:24] | Brenda? | |
[08:25] | Say goodbye to Fritzi and bring in the rest of the dinner. | 跟Fritzi说再见 顺便把晚餐端上来 |
[08:29] | Anyway, I don’t know how to break this to you, | 好了 我不知道该怎么跟你说 |
[08:31] | but you are gonna have to spend some time alone with your parents. | 但是你得自个儿陪会你父母了 |
[08:35] | I love you. I’ll be back as soon as I can. | 我爱你 我会尽快回来 |
[08:38] | Bye! | 再见 |
[08:40] | Tell her right now when there’s no distraction. Shh. | – 现在没有分心的事了 告诉她吧 – 嘘 |
[08:43] | Well, I guess it’s just us for dinner, then. | 嗯 我想现在就只有我们仨吃晚饭了 |
[08:47] | Which might make it easier to say what it is you flew out here to tell me. | 所以你们该告诉我你们飞过来 要当面告诉我的事了吧 |
[08:54] | Which is obviously too serious to talk about on the phone. | 那件在电话里说不了的事 |
[08:57] | Well, why don’t we just have a nice dinner with each other, and then when Fritzi comes back — | 好吧 我们何不先好好吃晚饭 然后等Fritizi回来… |
[09:03] | Enough, Willie Ray. | 够了 Wille Ray |
[09:04] | Enough. | 够了 |
[09:05] | Let’s just… | 我们就… |
[09:07] | Get it out there. | 现在就告诉她吧 |
[09:08] | Clay…not right before we eat. | Clay…先吃饭再说 |
[09:11] | There’s never going to be a good time! | 不会有合适的时机的 |
[09:13] | Damn it! | 我靠 |
[09:14] | Doctor said don’t take away my control! | 医生说别试图控制我 |
[09:20] | Doctor? | 医生? |
[09:24] | What kind of doctor, daddy? | 什么医生 爸爸 |
[09:26] | Well… | 唔… |
[09:28] | I’ve heard you police people say, “I’ve got some good news and some bad news.” | 我经常听你们警察说 “我有好消息和坏消息” |
[09:35] | Well, so do I. | 那我也是 |
[09:40] | Good news is… | 好消息是… |
[09:41] | I’m not gonna die. | 我不会死 |
[09:44] | Bad news is, well… | 坏消息是… |
[09:48] | I’ve got cancer. | 我得了癌症 |
[09:59] | There it is. | 就这样 |
[10:17] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[10:18] | That’s terrible news about your dad. | 你爸爸的事太糟了 |
[10:21] | How’s he feeling this morning? | 他今天早上感觉如何 |
[10:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:23] | Let’s — let’s talk about it later. Okay. | – 我们晚点再说这个好吗 – 好 |
[10:37] | Everyone, this is Special Agent Morris. | 同志们 这是Morris特别探员 |
[10:40] | He’s one of the guys who filmed the confrontation | 他是拍摄下斗殴的人之一 |
[10:44] | between our victim in the pickup, Paul Burke, and the other guy. | 拍的是我们小卡车里的受害人Paul Burke 和另一个人斗殴 |
[10:47] | Who we should call “the assailant”? | 这个人我们称之为”攻击者” |
[10:49] | The name of our surveillance subject is Eric Shaw. | 我们监视对象的人名叫Eric Shaw |
[10:55] | Detective Sanchez, yes. | Sanchez警探 你说 |
[10:57] | I want to thank Agent Morris for filming the murder for us. | 我想要感谢Morris探员为我们拍摄下了谋杀 |
[11:03] | There’s no murder on that tape, Detective. | 警探 录像带里的并非谋杀 |
[11:05] | We would have heard the two gunshots before we left. | 不然我们会在离开之前听到枪声的 |
[11:07] | You know, I appreciate… | 你知道 我感谢… |
[11:09] | you getting Eric Shaw’s name back to me in such a timely manner, | 你及时把Eric Shaw的名字告诉了我们 |
[11:13] | but you’ll forgive me if we all feel that there may be some strings attached. | 但是你得谅解我们有种感觉 你们还隐瞒了些什么 |
[11:17] | Not strings — chains. | 不是 我们是在查他 |
[11:18] | Eric Shaw is the linchpin in an investigation involving interstate trafficking of stolen property. | Eric Shaw是一宗 州际赃物非法交易案的关键人物 |
[11:24] | Oh, whoopty-do. | 哦哦哦 |
[11:26] | Through work by our field officers in Miami and New York, | 经过我们迈阿密和纽约探员的调查 |
[11:29] | we’ve just succeeded in tracing millions of dollars in furniture, art, and electronics | 我们刚成功跟踪了几百万美元的家具 艺术品和电子产品交易 |
[11:34] | to burglaries here in Los Angeles, | 将我们的线索指向洛杉矶的入室行窃案 |
[11:35] | and to Eric Shaw through pawn shops he operates in Florida | Eric Shaw通过他在佛罗里达的典当行 |
[11:39] | and auction houses in Manhattan he deals with. | 以及曼哈顿的拍卖行进行销赃 |
[11:41] | We’ve had him under constant surveillance now for the last three days, | 我们已经连续监视他三天了 |
[11:43] | hoping to discover the details of his operation. | 希望能得到他交易的细节 |
[11:46] | We think your victim provided us with the key. | 我们认为你们的受害人 正好给了我们突破点 |
[11:48] | Paul Burke and Eric Shaw were partners in a catering company | Paul Burke和Eric Shaw 是餐饮服务公司的合伙人 |
[11:51] | we now think was used to case expensive homes in the Hollywood Hills. | 我们认为他们以此 为好莱坞山上的奢华家庭服务 |
[11:56] | The blue dots represent homes burglarized in the last year in L. A. | 蓝点标注的是去年洛杉矶被行窃的家庭 |
[12:01] | These yellow diamonds show homes where Burke’s company met about a job. | 这些黄钻则是Burke的公司服务的家庭 |
[12:05] | So, Shaw catered every residence that he robbed, and you guys just now put that together? | 这么说Shaw偷过每个他服务的家庭 你们才看出来吗 |
[12:11] | No, bright eyes. | 不 真聪明 |
[12:12] | Even you L.A.P.D. mutts could have figured that out. | 原来你们笨蛋洛杉矶警察也看得出来啊 |
[12:14] | Mutts? | 笨蛋? |
[12:14] | Hey, hey, Lieutenant, Lieutenant, Lieutenant. | 嘿 副队 副队 |
[12:16] | They didn’t cater any of these homes. All right? | 他们根本就没为这些家庭服务过好吗 |
[12:19] | Once they got a good look at the houses, they would intentionally overbid the job. | 一旦他们看上某栋房 他们会故意抬高价格 |
[12:22] | That way, another company would come in and work the party, | 这样就让别的公司来举办派对 |
[12:25] | and Burke and Shaw would come back later and burglarize the house. | 然后Burke和Shaw会晚些过来入室行窃 |
[12:29] | So the catering connection was completely hidden. | 所以餐饮服务的线是完全隐藏的 |
[12:32] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[12:33] | But we are confident that if we can exploit this lead, | 但是我们一旦利用了这条线 |
[12:36] | we can close our case and we can roll up Shaw’s entire organization. | 我们就能一举断掉Shaw的组织并结案 |
[12:39] | Well, what about our murder? | 那我们的谋杀案怎么办 |
[12:41] | We want the L.A.P.D. to feel free to pursue that as long as they don’t disrupt our surveillance of Shaw. | 我们觉得洛杉矶警局在 不打扰我们监视Shaw的条件下 怎么做都行 |
[12:45] | But Shaw is our suspect. | 但是Shaw是我们的嫌疑人 |
[12:47] | No, he’s not. | 不 他不是 |
[12:49] | We just showed you video proving Shaw didn’t murder anybody. | 我们刚播放的视频显示Shaw没有杀任何人 |
[12:52] | So where’s the video of Shaw for the rest of the evening? Or before? | 那么视频时间外Shaw在哪儿呢 之前和之后 |
[12:56] | Why don’t you show us that?! | 你为什么不给我们看看 |
[13:00] | Wait — wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[13:01] | Um, did we make our notifications? | 我们通知家属了吗 |
[13:05] | Yeah. Uh, Chief, late last night, | 通知了 头儿 昨晚半夜通知的 |
[13:07] | we talked to Burke’s wife and son. | 我们跟Burke的老婆和儿子谈过了 |
[13:09] | And we should follow up there | 而且我们应该继续跟进他们那边 |
[13:10] | because the victim had just told his wife he wanted a divorce. | 因为死者刚告诉他老婆他想离婚 |
[13:13] | The Burkes are on their way in right now, Chief. | Burke一家正在赶来 头儿 |
[13:16] | There. People you can talk to. | 看吧 你们有人查 |
[13:18] | And divorce — | 离婚 |
[13:19] | that’s a great motive for murder. | 很可能是谋杀的动机 |
[13:21] | So, other suspects. | 所以你们还有其他的嫌疑人 |
[13:22] | Just don’t mention the name Eric Shaw or anything about a theft ring. | 但一定别提Eric Shaw和盗窃集团的事 |
[13:26] | Understood? | 明白吗 |
[13:27] | Well, that sounds quite a bit more like a command than an ask, Agent Morris, | 哦 这听上去不像是请求 更像是命令嘛 Morris探员 |
[13:31] | and allow me to point out that most of these burglaries and certainly this murder | 请允许我提醒你 大部分的入室行窃以及这宗谋杀 |
[13:35] | took place in the city of Los Angeles, where I happen to be Chief of Police. | 都发生在洛杉矶 正好这里我是管事的 |
[13:41] | We get to set the priorities on this one. | 我们有这起调查的优先权 |
[13:43] | We’re talking about clearing almost 40 of your open cases, Will. | 我们有可能会破掉40宗 你们没破的案子 Will |
[13:46] | That’s a win-win for everyone. | 这样对大家都好 |
[13:53] | Let’s interview the family first, see what they have to say. | 我们先跟家人谈谈吧 看看他们怎么说 |
[13:56] | We’d do that anyway. | 嗯 总归要做的 |
[13:57] | Thank you so much for the briefing, Agent Morris. | 谢谢你的报告 Morris探员 |
[14:13] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[14:13] | Do you work for me or for your husband? | 你究竟是我的手下还是你老公的手下 |
[14:16] | Honestly, Will, | 说实话 Will |
[14:17] | I don’t know if I can work at all right now. | 我都不知道我现在有没有心情工作 |
[14:19] | Okay. Look, if — if you’re feeling more stressed out about this federal lawsuit… | 好吧 听着 如果你因为联邦诉讼的事倍感压力… |
[14:24] | No, it’s not that. | 不 不是因为这个 |
[14:25] | It’s my — it’s my father. He’s really sick. | 是我…我爸爸 他生病了 |
[14:28] | He just told me last night. | 他昨晚刚告诉我 |
[14:30] | Oh, God, Brenda. | 哦天啊 Brenda |
[14:32] | I’m s– I’m so sorry. | 我…我很遗憾 |
[14:36] | I-I think maybe I should… | 我觉得我应该… |
[14:38] | Go home for Christmas, Will. | 回家过圣诞 Will |
[14:40] | I know it’s not scheduled, but… | 我知道这在计划之外 但是… |
[14:41] | No, that’s… | 不 那… |
[14:45] | What — what exactly is wrong with your dad? | 怎么 你老爸究竟是出什么事了? |
[14:48] | Thyroid cancer. | 甲状腺癌 |
[14:50] | I looked it all up last night online. | 我昨晚在网上查了一晚上 |
[14:53] | Daddy’s gonna suffer from high blood pressure, exhaustion, mood swings. | 老爸会深受高血压 疲劳以及情绪波动之苦 |
[14:58] | He practically bit my mother’s head off last night. | 他昨晚对老妈几乎是大发雷霆 |
[15:01] | You know… | 你知道吗… |
[15:02] | It… | 这… |
[15:05] | It might be easier on your mom and dad than you think. | 这事对你父母的影响 可能没你想象得那么严重 |
[15:08] | Why do you say that? | 你怎么这么说? |
[15:10] | Because they’re here now, handing out gifts. | 因为他们现在就在外面 分发礼物 |
[15:15] | Oh, for heaven’s sakes. | 噢 看到老天份上 |
[15:23] | Is that a snowman wearing a policeman’s uniform? | 这是个穿着警服的雪人吗? |
[15:25] | It is! | 正是! |
[15:27] | And when Clay and I saw it, we just knew you should have it. | 当我和Clay看到它时 我们就知道该送给你 |
[15:30] | Well, thank you. | 那就谢谢你们二老了 |
[15:33] | How great. | 太棒了 |
[15:34] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[15:35] | You should be home, resting. | 你应该在家休息阿 |
[15:37] | We’re only gonna be here two more days. | 我们还有两天就走了 |
[15:39] | We want to make the most of it. | 我们想要好好利用时间阿 |
[15:40] | Spreading a little holiday cheer never hurt anybody. | 散播点节日气氛又伤不着谁 |
[15:44] | Uh, excuse me, Chief. | 呃 打扰了 头儿 |
[15:45] | Oh, Detective Sanchez! | 噢 是Sanchez警探阿! |
[15:47] | The last little boy on Santa’s route. | 接到圣诞老人礼物的最后一个小男孩 |
[15:52] | We knew that you probably have a lot of these at home, but these are for work. | 我们知道你大概家里有一堆这种东西了 但这是让你放在办公室的 |
[15:57] | Feliz navidad, Detective. | 圣诞快乐 警探(西班牙语) |
[16:02] | Oh! Wonderful! | 噢 太好了! |
[16:04] | Thank you. I mean, gracias. | 谢谢 我是说 谢谢(西语) |
[16:07] | Chief, the victim’s family’s here, and — | 头儿 受害人家人来了 |
[16:09] | Oh, uh, one second, Detective. | 噢 等会 警探 |
[16:11] | Look, daddy, I think I should drive y’all home. | 你看 老爸 我本应该开车送你们回家的 |
[16:14] | Oh, Brenda Leigh, | 噢 Brenda Leigh |
[16:15] | when have I ever wanted you to make a big fuss over me? | 我什么时候要你为我大费周章过? |
[16:18] | If you don’t do your job, it’ll make me feel worse. | 如果你不好好工作的话 我会更难过的 |
[16:21] | Now, you go on. Go on, now. | 你去忙吧 快去快去 |
[16:25] | – We’re among friends. – Okay. | – 我们还这么多朋友呢 – 好吧 |
[16:27] | Uh, Detective Sanchez, you can bring the family in. | 呃 Sanchez警探 你可以带家属进来了 |
[16:29] | – I can’t. – Why not? | – 不行 – 为什么不行? |
[16:31] | You’ll see. | 你会明白的 |
[16:32] | Excuse me. | 我先走了 |
[16:45] | Is that… | 那不是… |
[16:46] | Yes, ma’am, Eric Shaw. | 是的 长官 就是Eric Shaw |
[16:47] | What on earth is he doing here? | 他来这儿干嘛? |
[16:49] | His sister, Laura, was our victim’s wife. | 他妹妹Laura 就是受害人的妻子 |
[16:55] | Paul Burke was Eric Shaw’s brother-in-law, and you didn’t know it? | Paul Burke是Eric Shaw的妹夫 而你们不知道? |
[16:59] | Look, we only very recently connected Shaw to these robberies. | 听着 我们也是最近 才把Shaw和这些盗窃案联系在一起的 |
[17:02] | I thought you had him under constant surveillance. | 我以为你们一直在监视他 |
[17:04] | How is it he’s just showing up in my break room without you knowing it? | 他突然出现在我的休息室 你们怎么不知道? |
[17:06] | These investigations are complex. We don’t — | 这些调查很复杂 我们并没… |
[17:08] | You lost him last night… Didn’t you? | 你们昨晚跟丢了他 是不是? |
[17:12] | Oh, my. | 我的老天阿 |
[17:14] | So how do you know that Shaw didn’t just circle the block and then come back and shoot my victim? | 那你们怎么知道Shaw不是转了个圈子 又回去开枪打死了受害人呢? |
[17:18] | Oh, there’s no proof of that. | 噢 没有证据证明 |
[17:20] | Well, I’ll give him proof when I show him that video… | 好吧 我会给他证据 等我给他看那录像带… |
[17:22] | – No, no, no, Brenda! – …That you made last night. | – 不 不 不 Brenda! – 你们昨晚录下的 |
[17:23] | If Shaw knows we’re onto him, we’d lose our chance to take down the rest of his ring. | 如果Shaw知道我们在监视他的话 那我们就没法抓到他的其他同伙了 |
[17:26] | We want everyone. You cannot question him. | 我们想一网打尽 你不能讯问他 |
[17:29] | So what do you want me to do? | 那你想要我怎么做? |
[17:31] | Talk to everyone else in the victim’s family and completely ignore Shaw — is that it? | 跟受害人的每个家人都谈 却完全忽略Shaw 是这样吗 |
[17:35] | Don’t you think he’ll notice? | 你认为他不会注意到吗? |
[17:36] | All right, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[17:37] | I know exactly how we’ll handle this. | 我很清楚我们该怎么处理这事 |
[17:42] | Sorry, Chief. Just, uh, clearing the table for you. | 抱歉 头儿 只是来给你清理下桌子 |
[17:45] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢你 |
[17:47] | Detective Gabriel. | Gabriel警探 |
[17:49] | Uh, Deputy Chief Johnson, | 呃 Johnson副警长 |
[17:50] | this is Mr. Burke’s wife, Laura, and their son, Ian. | 这是Burke先生的妻子Laura 和他的儿子Ian |
[17:54] | And this is Laura’s brother and sister, Eric and Emily Shaw. | 而这是Laura的哥哥姐姐 Eric以及Emily Shaw |
[17:57] | And this is… | 这位是… |
[18:01] | I’m Fritz Howard, and I’m so sorry for your loss. | 我叫Fritz Howard 请节哀顺便 |
[18:04] | He’ll be taking notes. | 他来做纪录 |
[18:06] | And I want to apologize, Mrs. Burke, | 我想先道歉 Burke太太 |
[18:08] | for asking you and your son to come down here so soon after a tragedy like this, | 在这样的惨剧发生之后 就请你和你儿子来这儿 |
[18:12] | but we do have some formal questions for you. | 但我们实在是有些正式的问题要问 |
[18:14] | What kind of formal questions are you talking about? | 你说的是什么正式问题? |
[18:16] | My sister’s in shock. | 我妹还惊魂未定 |
[18:18] | She shouldn’t even be here right now. | 她现在都不该在这儿的 |
[18:19] | Eric, Eric, it’s fine. | Eric Eric 没关系的 |
[18:21] | I-I want to help. | 我想帮忙 |
[18:23] | Please. | 拜托 |
[18:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:25] | Well, we need to start with asking each of you | 首先 我们要问每个人的是 |
[18:27] | where you were last night between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. | 你们昨晚6点到9点都在哪儿 |
[18:30] | Um, I was at home with Ian, and I made dinner, | 呃 我跟Ian在家 我做的晚餐 |
[18:36] | and we talked for a long time. | 然后我们谈了很久 |
[18:40] | About? | 谈什么? |
[18:44] | I was thinking I should take some time off from college. | 我在考虑从大学休学一段时间 |
[18:47] | Mom didn’t want me to. | 老妈不肯 |
[18:50] | And, “Emily,” is it? | 呃 你叫”Emily” 是吧? |
[18:51] | Yeah. | 是 |
[18:53] | I was, um, at my apartment watching a Christmas movie. | 我在我公寓里看一部圣诞电影 |
[18:56] | And I was with her. | 我跟她在一起 |
[18:59] | Which movie was that? | 是什么电影呢? |
[19:01] | “It’s a Wonderful Life.” | “美好人生” |
[19:04] | Yeah, right. | 噢 是吗 |
[19:05] | More like “Fight Club.” | 更像是”搏击俱乐部”吧 |
[19:07] | Hey, Morris. Here’s a little tip. | 嘿 Morris 给你点小建议 |
[19:08] | When following someone, wherever they go, you go. | 当你跟人时 人去哪儿 你去哪儿 |
[19:12] | Mrs. Burke, do you have any idea what your husband was doing in Hollywood last night? | Burke太太 你知道昨晚 你丈夫在好莱坞干嘛吗? |
[19:16] | No. | 不知道 |
[19:17] | All of our friends live on the West Side. | 我们所有朋友都住在西区 |
[19:20] | – Any catering jobs? – No. | – 是有餐饮生意吗 – 没 |
[19:22] | We — we don’t have any clients in that area right now. | 我们 我们现在在那区没有客户 |
[19:25] | – Do we, Eric? Emily? – No. | – 是吧 Eric? Emily? – 没 |
[19:28] | Oh, are all of you in the catering business together? | 噢 所以这餐饮生意是你们合伙搞的? |
[19:31] | But not working… | 但并没在那区… |
[19:32] | In that area and not last night. | 昨晚也没有工作 |
[19:35] | So… | 所以… |
[19:36] | So, it was strange your husband being there? | 所以 你丈夫出现在那儿很奇怪咯? |
[19:38] | Dad did a lot of strange things lately. | 老爸最近奇怪事多了 |
[19:41] | In what way? | 比如说? |
[19:42] | How about coming home last week and telling my mother he’s not in love with her anymore? | 比如 上周回家告诉我妈 他不再爱她了? |
[19:46] | And their marriage is over… | 他们的婚姻完了… |
[19:49] | Because he just decided it was. | 因为他心意已决 |
[19:51] | And telling me it’s none of my business. | 还告诉我 这不关我啥事 |
[19:53] | Is that strange enough for you? | 这够奇怪了吧? |
[19:54] | – ‘Cause it’s pretty strange to me.- Ian, Ian. | – 因为对我来说 这事就相当奇怪 |
[19:58] | Your dad… was a good man. | 你爸是个好人 |
[20:00] | Laura, you don’t know the whole story. | Laura 你什么都不知道 |
[20:02] | – No. No. Don’t air it here. – What? What story? What? | – 不 不 别在这儿说 – 什么 说什么 什么阿? |
[20:05] | Emily, what are you talking about? | Emily 你在说什么阿? |
[20:09] | I’m sorry you got to find out like this. | 很抱歉 你要这样发现 |
[20:12] | But Paul was where they found him last night because he was sleeping with Claudia. | 但Paul昨晚在那儿被发现 是因为他在跟Claudia乱搞 |
[20:18] | Claudia Shipley? | |
[20:20] | Your ex-girlfriend? | 你的前女友? |
[20:21] | She — she works for us! | 她 她为我们工作阿! |
[20:23] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:25] | You found him in Hollywood last night because he was leaving her apartment. | 你们昨晚在好莱坞发现他 那是因为他正离开她的公寓 |
[20:28] | Oh, my God! | 噢 我的天啊! |
[20:31] | We need to find this Claudia Shipley. | 我们需要找到这个Claudia Shipley |
[20:33] | Claudia? | |
[20:35] | Are you — are you sure, Eric? | 你 你确定吗 Eric? |
[20:37] | Yes, I’m sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[20:38] | I found out when she texted me by mistake, thinking I was Paul. | 当她发错短信给我时被我发现了 她还以为我是Paul |
[20:42] | Oh, so both of you were sleeping with this Claudia Shipley? | 所以 你们俩同时跟这个Claudia Shipley有染? |
[20:46] | Did you not hear the part about her being my ex?! | 你是耳朵聋了吗 都说她是我前女友了?! |
[20:50] | Paul was cheating on my little sister. STOP | Paul背着我小妹偷吃 (别问了) |
[20:52] | That’s what bothered me. | 这让我很不爽 |
[20:53] | And did you…confront him about this? | 那你有没有就此事跟他当面对质过? |
[20:58] | We ask about a confrontation, Mr. Shaw, because we assume that you know where your ex-girlfriend lived. | 我们这么问 Shaw先生 是因为我们想你应该知道你前女友的住处 |
[21:03] | And there were signs of a struggle in the driveway outside her apartment building. STOP NOW | 而在她公寓楼外的车道有打斗的痕迹 (别再提了) |
[21:06] | Well, it looks like Paul was pissing off more people than just us. | 那似乎Paul惹毛的就不只是我们了 |
[21:11] | I don’t know what gets into men after they turn 40. | 我不懂 男人40后是着了什么魔 |
[21:14] | – I really don’t. – I don’t believe it. | – 真心不懂 – 我不相信 |
[21:17] | Paul was not seeing Claudia. | Paul没有跟Claudia乱搞 |
[21:19] | Yeah, Laura… He was. | 不 Laura 他做了 |
[21:21] | – Mr. Shaw, I need to ask you — – Mrs. Burke, Ian… | – Shaw先生 我需要问你 – Burke太太 Ian… |
[21:23] | Your family has been through a terrible ordeal, | 你家人都经历了一场人间悲剧 |
[21:26] | and I can assure you that Chief Johnson and the L.A.P.D. | 我向你们保证 Johnson警长和洛杉矶警方 |
[21:29] | are gonna work tirelessly to conclude this investigation. | 会不眠不休地调查此案 |
[21:32] | In the meantime, I don’t think we need to take up any more of your time this morning. | 同时呢 我认为我们今早 就毋需占用你们过多的时间了 |
[21:35] | I want to thank you for coming in. | 我想感谢你们前来 |
[21:37] | And again, we’re very, very sorry for your loss. | 还有 请一定节哀顺便 |
[21:40] | Detective? | 警探? |
[21:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:48] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[21:53] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[21:55] | Big pile-up on the 405, | 405车道大撞车 |
[21:56] | been backed up with traffic fatalities all morning. | 一早上都在处理车祸伤亡人员 |
[22:00] | You all right? | 你还好吧? |
[22:01] | You seem a little down, and you haven’t interrupted me yet. | 看起来有点情绪低落 |
[22:04] | Uh, I-I was just wondering — | 呃 我只是在想 |
[22:06] | do you know how serious thyroid cancer can be? | 你知道甲状腺癌能有多严重吗? |
[22:09] | By the time I usually find it in someone, it’s extremely serious. Why? | 等我发现人体内的甲状腺癌时 那就相当严重了 为什么这么问? |
[22:15] | My father has it. | 我父亲患了这种癌症 |
[22:16] | Oh. No. What stage? | 噢 不 哪个阶段? |
[22:19] | First. First. | 第一 第一阶段 |
[22:20] | Oh. Don’t worry. | 噢 那别担心了 |
[22:22] | Thyroidectomy. | 甲状腺切除术 |
[22:23] | It’s a very simple surgery. | 是个非常简单的手术 |
[22:25] | Very simple. | 非常简单 |
[22:26] | And post-op, he’ll just have to find a balance. | 而术后 他只需找到平衡即可 |
[22:29] | When you say “simple surgery,” how simple is it, really? | 你说”简单手术” 老实说 那是有多简单阿? |
[22:33] | – Like this. See? – Ohh… | – 就像这样 看到没? – 噢… |
[22:35] | Here’s the victim’s thyroid. | 这就是死者的甲状腺 |
[22:36] | I grabbed it while we were talking. | 趁我们说话那阵 我就把它取出来了 |
[22:38] | It’s that easy. | 就这么简单 |
[22:39] | Of course, your father will have to be anesthetized, | 当然 你父亲需要被麻醉 |
[22:41] | and they shouldn’t cut through his neck like that, but still… | 他们也不会像这样切开他的脖子 但… |
[22:44] | Doctor, you didn’t have to do that. | 医生 你不用这么做的 |
[22:45] | Oh, don’t worry. This guy won’t miss it. | 噢 别担心 这人又不需要它了 |
[22:47] | Thyroid — | 甲状腺 |
[22:48] | that’s Greek for “shield.” | 也即希腊语中的”盾牌” |
[22:51] | Looks like a little shield, doesn’t it? | 看起来像个小盾牌 是不? |
[22:53] | And they guard us, too, thyroids. | 而它们也守卫着我们 甲状腺 |
[22:55] | They keep us from having emotional breakdowns and crippling mood swings. | 它们让我们不会感情崩溃 减弱情绪波动 |
[22:59] | Just think of it as a regulator for your inner diva. | 把它想成你内心天后的调节器吧 |
[23:03] | So that’s it? | 就这样? |
[23:03] | Just a quick little surgery and the person recovers? | 只需一个快捷的小手术 人就康复了? |
[23:06] | Well, not this guy, but generally, yes. | 这人是不会康复了 但总体来说 是的 |
[23:10] | Recover. | 会恢复的 |
[23:11] | Now, your father will have to watch his calcium levels for the rest of his life. | 你父亲余生都得注意他的钙含量 |
[23:14] | His emotions will be all over the place. | 他的情感也会如滔滔江水连绵不绝 |
[23:16] | But I’m sure he’ll find a balance. | 但我保证他会找到一个平衡点的 |
[23:19] | I can tell you this much. | 我这么跟你说吧 |
[23:20] | The procedure usually works out better than getting shot twice in the head. | 手术要比头上挨两枪 |
[23:25] | And beaten up, too. | 还有一顿暴揍 结果好得多 |
[23:27] | Your victim had a very bad night. | 这死者那晚可真是不走运 |
[23:29] | There’s a lot of sooting at the wounds, so the weapon was discharged at close range. | 伤口那儿有很多炭黑 所以是近距离开枪的 |
[23:34] | Hmm, but what’s really interesting is the mark on the scalp. | 呃 真正有意思的是头皮处的标记 |
[23:37] | See this bruising around the bullet holes? | 看到弹孔周围的瘀伤了吗? |
[23:40] | It’s kind of like a little tattoo of the murder weapon. | 有点像凶器的小小纹身 |
[23:44] | A small double-barreled gun. | 一把小型的双管枪 |
[23:47] | But what kind, I wonder? | 但我在想 是哪种呢 |
[23:50] | A .41-caliber derringer, Chief. | 头儿 是一把点41口径的短筒手枪 |
[23:52] | Okay, well, if you ask me, | 好吧 你要问我的话 |
[23:54] | that makes for a pretty rarified murder weapon. | 这是把相当少见的凶器 |
[23:56] | Lieutenant Flynn, would you please look into reports | Flynn副队 你能去查查 失踪大口径短筒手枪 |
[23:58] | on missing derringers and sales of bullets that went with it? | 以及配套子弹销售的报告吗? |
[24:01] | Yeah, I’ll check some pawn shops, too. | 好 我还会去查一些当铺 |
[24:03] | You never know. | 没准 |
[24:04] | Chief? | 头儿? |
[24:05] | Got Claudia Shipley in interview 2. | Claudia Shipley在第二审讯室里 |
[24:07] | Oh, good. | 噢 很好 |
[24:08] | And, uh…Oh. | 还有 呃 噢 |
[24:12] | Do you really need to sit next to me and pass notes like we’re in homeroom? | 你不会真需要像教室里 坐在我旁边还给我递条子吧? |
[24:16] | What do you care about this woman? | 你干嘛在意这女人呢? |
[24:18] | She was Shaw’s ex-girlfriend. | 她是Shaw的前女友 |
[24:19] | After which she was dating my victim. | 之后她跟我的死者约会 |
[24:22] | What does Claudia Shipley have to do with your investigation? | Claudia Shipley跟你的调查有何关联? |
[24:24] | Uh, Chief? | 呃 头儿? |
[24:25] | When we picked Claudia up, | 当我们逮捕Claudia时 |
[24:26] | she was at the airport on her way to Brazil with $1.8 million in her carry-on. | 她正带着180万美金在去巴西的机场里 |
[24:31] | That sounds a little suspicious. | 这听起来有点可疑阿 |
[24:34] | Look, we are working a murder here, not a bunch of burglaries. | 听着 我们正在调查一宗杀人案 |
[24:38] | And if Claudia Shipley really is the killer, which is probably the case, | 而如果Claudia Shipley真的是凶手的话 而且这也很有可能 |
[24:41] | and she’s fleeing with huge wads of cash, | 那她就是带着一堆现金要跑路 |
[24:43] | then you should thank me for finding her so the FBI won’t look like the worst cops on earth | 那你就该感谢我找到她 因为FBI就不会是把Shaw跟丢了的 |
[24:49] | for having lost Shaw to begin with. | 史上最烂的警察 |
[24:50] | I think you’re getting a little more angry than the circumstances warrant. | 我想你有点生气过火了 |
[24:55] | And we both know why. | 而我们俩都知道原因 |
[24:57] | Your parents need a little more attention than the L.A.P.D. does this afternoon. | 今天下午 你父母比洛杉矶警方 更需要你的关注 |
[25:00] | Let me interview Claudia. | 让我来询问Claudia吧 |
[25:02] | Take this opportunity to spend some more time with your mom and dad. | 借这个机会跟你爸妈好好相处一段时间 |
[25:08] | I cannot… | 我不敢… |
[25:09] | Believe… | 相信… |
[25:11] | That you would use my father’s cancer to manipulate me into giving up this interview. | 你居然会用我父亲的癌症 来劝说我放弃这次质询 |
[25:15] | I cannot believe it! | 我简直不敢相信! |
[25:17] | It is awful, just shameful. | 太可恶了 真丢人 |
[25:20] | Shameful. | 丢人呐 |
[25:28] | That really should have worked. | 本该成功的 |
[25:30] | You’d think! | 你想得美! |
[25:32] | She’s good. Very good. | 她很棒的 相当棒 |
[25:38] | Good afternoon, Ms. Shipley. | 下午好 Shipley女士 |
[25:40] | I’m Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson. | 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson副警长 |
[25:41] | I’m so sorry to have interrupted your trip to Brazil. | 很抱歉 打乱了你去巴西的旅行 |
[25:44] | But we have some questions about an incident that happened | 但我们有些关于你公寓楼外的事 |
[25:48] | outside of your apartment building. | 要问你 |
[25:50] | Did you happen to see or hear anything unusual last night, early evening, around 7:30? | 你有没有碰巧见到或听到不寻常的事 就在昨晚早些时候 大概7:30时? |
[25:56] | Well, yes, I heard there was a murder. | 是的 我听说有一起谋杀 |
[25:59] | Did you know the victim? | 你认识受害人吗? |
[26:01] | I don’t…think so. | 不认识吧 |
[26:03] | Uh, I wasn’t there when it happened. | 事发时 我都不在现场 |
[26:06] | So, Claudia, you’re completely unaware of the fact | 那么 Claudia 你完全不知道昨晚的死者 |
[26:08] | that the victim last night was your boss from the catering company, Paul Burke? | 就是你餐饮公司的老板 Paul Burke? |
[26:16] | What? | 什么? |
[26:18] | Oh, my God. No, you’re kidding. Why? | 噢 我的天啊 你在开玩笑吧 为什么? |
[26:21] | What was Mr. Burke doing at my apartment building? | Burke先生在我公寓楼外做什么? |
[26:24] | We were wondering the same thing. | 我们也在想同样的问题 |
[26:26] | Do you and Mr. Burke see each other outside of work? | 你和Burke先生在工作之余有没有见面? |
[26:28] | No. God, he was married. | 不 天啊 他都结婚了 |
[26:31] | Claudia, we have the victim’s cellphone, and it’s full of text messages… | Claudia 我们手上有受害人的手机 里面全是些… |
[26:36] | From you. | 你发的短信 |
[26:39] | So where were you last night between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.? | 那么 昨晚6点到9点你在哪儿? |
[26:43] | I was on a film set… | 我在一个电影片场… |
[26:45] | with a lot of other background artists. | 跟其他很多群众演员一起 |
[26:47] | I was doing a movie. | 我在拍电影 |
[26:48] | Oh. You’re an actor. | 噢 你是个演员 |
[26:51] | I thought you were a waiter for a catering company. | 我还以为你是餐饮公司的服务生呢 |
[26:53] | I do both. | 我两个工作都做 |
[26:54] | Working two jobs — | 两份工作 |
[26:54] | that explains the $1.8 million that you were taking on your spontaneous trip to Brazil. | 这就解释了你临时起意 去巴西旅游带的那180万美金咯 |
[27:00] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:01] | all right. | 好吧 |
[27:02] | I knew Paul had been murdered, and I was scared. | 我知道Paul被人杀了 就怕了 |
[27:04] | – Why? – ‘Cause of that money. | – 为什么呢? – 因为那些钱啊 |
[27:06] | Paul was keeping it at my apartment. | Paul都存在我家了 |
[27:08] | And now Paul was dead. | 现在Paul都死了 |
[27:09] | So I thought someone might kill me to take it. | 我觉得有人可能会为了抢钱把我杀了 |
[27:11] | Well, Claudia, you should know that we are getting ready to search your apartment | 嗯 Claudia 你该知道 我们正准备要搜查你家了呢 |
[27:14] | – right this minute. – Wait. | – 就在此刻 – 等等 |
[27:19] | You’re gonna… search my place? | 你准备…搜查我家? |
[27:21] | Yes, we are! | 没错呀 |
[27:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:29] | Are you the person that can… | 你是那种能… |
[27:31] | make deals? | 做交易的人吗? |
[27:34] | Sure. | 当然 |
[27:35] | I can make a deal. | 我能做交易 |
[27:37] | The reason that I bring this up is, when you’re searching my apartment, | 我提出这事因为 你们搜查我家的时候 |
[27:43] | you might find some furniture, um, some art things… | 你们可能会找到一些家具 呃 还有艺术品啥的 |
[27:48] | silver, maybe, that might be… | 和银器 可能 或许是 |
[27:52] | I don’t know, stolen property. | 是赃物 我也不清楚啦 |
[27:54] | But you need to know that I did not take any of those things. | 但你们必须要知道我没有偷那些东西 |
[27:59] | – But no gun? – No! Are you kidding? | – 但没有枪? – 当然没啦! 开玩笑啊 |
[28:01] | I hate guns! | 我最讨厌枪了 |
[28:02] | So how did all this stolen property make it into your apartment — | 那么这么多被窃赃物 是怎么跑到你家里去的呢? |
[28:05] | Miss Shipley? | Shipley女士? |
[28:06] | I’m Special Agent Howard of the FBI. | 我是FBI的特别探员Howard |
[28:08] | This is Special Agent Morris. | 这位是特别探员Morris |
[28:10] | I think you should know in advance that Deputy Chief Johnson’s “deals” | 我想你该事先知道 副警长Johnson的”交易” |
[28:13] | almost always include a lot of prison time. | 通常都附带很长的牢狱之灾 |
[28:16] | And those made by the FBI involve something called the Witness Protection program. | 而我们FBI却会提供一种 叫做保护证人的服务 |
[28:21] | Now, I think, honestly, you would be better off coming with us. | 所以我真心觉得你跟我们走 会是更好的选择 |
[28:26] | You’d really send me to prison? | 你真的会让我进监狱吗? |
[28:28] | Yeah. Probably. | 是吧 估计会的 |
[28:36] | You know, guys, you’re welcome. | 对了 不用太感谢我们哦 |
[28:38] | I’m glad we could find someone to help you wrap up your case. | 我们很高兴能帮你们 找到结案的关键证人 |
[28:41] | Funny, I-I don’t remember saying “thank you.” | 真搞笑 我好像不记得有说过感谢的话呢 |
[28:50] | Hey, Chief. | 嘿 头儿 |
[28:52] | – It’s not all bad. – It isn’t? | – 这也不完全没戏啊 – 不是吗? |
[28:55] | Homeless guy was arrested with this this morning. | 一个流浪汉今早被逮捕 |
[28:57] | Scared the crap out of some drivers when he was panhandling with it. | 他用这玩意讨饭把一些驾驶员 吓得屁滚尿流的 |
[29:01] | More effective than a squeegee. Here. Let me see that. | 比免费擦车有用多了 拿来让我瞧瞧 |
[29:05] | He’s still in booking. | 他还在收押中 |
[29:07] | He said he found it near the LA Brea off-ramp of the 10. | 他说他是在十号公路 靠近La Brea的路边找到的 |
[29:11] | Here. Take a look at this. See? See? | 来瞧瞧这个 看见没? 看见没? |
[29:13] | Lines up. Huh? Perfect fit. | 都对上了吧 完全匹配 |
[29:15] | Now, look at this. | 再看看这个 |
[29:18] | Matches the wound and the bruising. | 与伤口和伤痕都吻合 |
[29:20] | This derringer was stolen from this house in the Hollywood Hills, | 这把手枪就是 从好莱坞山上的这家被偷走的 |
[29:23] | which happens to be one of the houses that the gang burglarized. | 这也正巧就是盗窃团伙偷过的房子之一 |
[29:26] | Now, there are no prints on the gun… | 虽然枪上并没有指纹 |
[29:29] | But that ties it to Shaw. | 但它已经能和Shaw联系起来了 |
[29:31] | We need to do more than just tie it to him, Lieutenant. | 我们需要比这点联系更实在的东西 副队 |
[29:33] | We need to put it in his hand. | 我们需要证明他拿过这枪 |
[29:35] | I’m not quite sure how to do that yet. | 我还不太确定该怎么证明 |
[29:38] | You think we should share this information with the FBI? | 你觉得这事我们该通知FBI吗? |
[29:40] | Oh, sure. | 哦 行啊 |
[29:42] | Just as soon as we figure out how to use it. | 只要等我们想好怎么利用它就行 |
[29:50] | So, did Claudia Shipley say anything about the murder? | Claudia Shipley还有没有提到谋杀案的事? |
[29:53] | You know I can’t reveal what Claudia told me. | 你知道我不能告诉你Claudia跟我说了什么 |
[29:55] | My interview with her landed you a major piece of information that you wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. | 我审问她的内容可帮你们的案子 得到前所未有的重大突破呢 |
[29:59] | Thank you, mama. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[30:00] | She served her purpose. That’s all I can say. | 我只能说 她的任务完成了 |
[30:02] | You mean she served your purpose. | 你是说她帮你完成了任务 |
[30:03] | So, what, you found lots and lots of stolen goods at her apartment, and some of them came from Shaw, is that it? | 那么 你在她家找到了好多好多赃物 而有一些是从Shaw那儿来的是吗? |
[30:09] | Is it too much to ask that we finish our dessert before you two start yammering about a murder?! | 让我们吃完甜点你们再开始扯那些谋杀案的事 是不是要求太高啊? |
[30:16] | Clay, don’t do this to yourself. | Clay 别这么对自己 |
[30:19] | You’re tired. | 你累了 |
[30:20] | You need to finish your pie and go to bed. | 你吃完派就赶紧上床睡吧 |
[30:23] | Do not tell me what to do! | 别对我指手画脚的! |
[30:25] | I do not need — | 我才不需要… |
[30:26] | But, daddy, mama was just saying that you were tired. | 可是爸 妈妈刚说你累了啊 |
[30:29] | And don’t you interrupt me, Brenda Leigh! | 你别胡乱打断我 Brenda Leigh! |
[30:31] | I mean it, now. | 我现在也是很严肃的 |
[30:32] | If I am tired, it’s because I’m tired of people telling me I’m tired, | 如果我累 那也是因为 我听你们老说我累听累的 |
[30:38] | especially you, Willie Ray. | 特别是你 Willie Ray |
[30:40] | I am bone-weary of the word “tired”! | 我对累这个词已经烦到骨子里去了 |
[30:44] | Now, y’all can go back to ignoring me because now I am going to bed. | 现在你们都可以继续无视我了 因为我要上床睡了 |
[30:58] | What was that all about? | 刚才这算怎么回事啊? |
[30:59] | Well, now you know what I’ve been dealing with. | 你现在知道我之前都忍受些什么了吧 |
[31:03] | Is he like that every day, Willie Ray? | 他每天都这样吗 Willie Ray? |
[31:05] | No, no. And don’t worry about it. | 不 不是的 别太担心了 |
[31:08] | You have your own lives to deal with. | 你们也该多操心自己的人生 |
[31:10] | Mama, this is too much for you to manage on your own. | 妈妈 让你一个人管这些事太操劳了 |
[31:14] | Look, I have vacation days all stored up, | 你看 我有好多假期存着没用 |
[31:17] | and — and I’ll come out to Atlanta to visit you just as soon as you want me to. | 那…你只要有需要 我就可以去亚特兰大看你们 |
[31:21] | Well, your father and I would love that, Brenda Leigh. | 你能这样你父亲和我 当然很高兴 Brenda Leigh |
[31:26] | But it’s not necessary, really. | 但这没必要 真的 |
[31:30] | We have the surgery the first of the year. | 我们元旦就去动手术 |
[31:33] | Then Clay has hormone-replacement therapy, and that takes a few weeks to get right. | Clay回去做荷尔蒙替换治疗 可能需要几周调整好 |
[31:40] | So I’m thinking that after the surgery would be the best time, if you want to. | 所以我觉得手术过后或许是最好的时机 如果你愿意的话 |
[31:45] | We do. We do. | 当然 当然愿意啊 |
[31:47] | Well, I can book the tickets for — | 那 我可以把机票订在 |
[31:49] | The second week in January. | 一月的第二周 |
[31:52] | If you can. | 如果你们能来 |
[31:54] | That would be a wonderful treat. | 那真是太好的礼物了 |
[31:58] | Having more of the family together might help your father recover faster. | 一家人聚在一起或许会让你爸快点复原 |
[32:03] | The truth is, | 说实话 |
[32:05] | Clay thinks that he has completely dealt with this diagnosis, and he hasn’t. | Clay认为他已完全接受生病的事实 但其实没有 |
[32:11] | I have to help him understand that he hasn’t dealt with it. | 我得帮他意识到他还没真正接受 |
[32:17] | I tell you — this pie is delicious. | 我说 这派真的很好吃 |
[32:20] | Y’all ought to try a bite. | 你们都该尝点 |
[32:22] | Now, I’m gonna go in and give Clay a pep talk. | 我现在进去给Clay鼓鼓劲 |
[32:26] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上就回来 |
[32:41] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[32:45] | That some families are easier to bring together than others. | 在想有些家族更容易团结在一起 |
[32:54] | A Wisconsin man vacationing here in Los Angeles | 一个来洛杉矶度假的威斯康辛州的男子 |
[32:56] | reported seeing a gun being thrown from a vehicle along the 10 freeway just after the murder. | 声称在谋杀案后他见到有人 在10号公路上从一辆车里丢出一把枪 |
[33:01] | Unfortunately, the driver was lost at the time | 不幸的是 司机当时迷路了 |
[33:04] | and not sure where along the freeway he saw the weapon get dumped. | 所以并不确定他具体在哪一段 在公路上见到凶器被弃的 |
[33:09] | And as you know, it’s a long stretch of road. | 如你们所知 这条路相当长 |
[33:11] | So, what we’re gonna do is we’re gonna detail 10 patrol officers to find this gun. | 所以我们准备派十名巡逻警员去找枪 |
[33:17] | We’ll start here, check some of the freeway interchanges, | 我们从这里开始 查找一些公路交流道 |
[33:21] | and stop at the exit nearest the apartment. | 然后在离公寓最近的出口停止 |
[33:24] | Takes about two weeks. | 大概要花两周 |
[33:26] | Because it’s a small weapon and it won’t be easy to find. | 因为这凶器很小 不会很容易找 |
[33:29] | We owe it to all of you to look for it just as hard as we can. | 但为了你们 我们一定会尽力去找的 |
[33:34] | Will that solve the case? | 找到能不能侦破案件呢? |
[33:36] | I don’t care anymore. I don’t want to be involved. | 我已经不在乎了 我也不想再掺和 |
[33:40] | This is… | 这是… |
[33:42] | It’s not what I wanted my life to be about. | 这不是我该活的人生 |
[33:46] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[33:52] | Well, sit down. Sit down, Ian. | 喂 坐下 Ian 坐下 |
[33:54] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[33:55] | Laura will want to know about this later. | Laura以后也会想要知道的 |
[33:57] | And so will you. | 你也是 |
[34:01] | Go on, Detective. | 继续说吧 警探 |
[34:02] | Well, if, when we can locate the weapon we can connect it to an individual… | 如果我们能找到凶器 我们就能把它与某人联系上… |
[34:06] | I thought we already found the gun. | 我以为我们已经找到凶器了 |
[34:08] | We did. | 是啊 |
[34:09] | Now we’re just…encouraging someone else to go hunt for it. | 现在我们只是…鼓励某人再去找一遍 |
[34:13] | …we found a ton of stolen goods in her apartment, and if Claudia turns up, | …我们在她的屋子里找到一堆赃物 如果Claudia出现 |
[34:16] | we’re hoping she’ll be able to help us sort things out. | 我们希望她能帮助我们理清一些事 |
[35:11] | You looking for this? | 你在找这个吗? |
[35:17] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[35:19] | If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the state. | 如果你没能力雇佣 政府会为你指派一位 |
[35:23] | Do you understand these rights, Emily? | 你理解这些权利了吗 Emily? |
[35:24] | Yeah. | 懂了 |
[35:40] | This is all a big misunderstanding. | 这一切都是误会 |
[35:41] | No, it’s not. I understand perfectly. | 才不是 我弄得很清楚 |
[35:44] | You came back here to recover a murder weapon. | 你回来是为了找回杀人凶器 |
[35:47] | I didn’t kill anyone. | 我没杀任何人 |
[35:48] | All right, then. You…tossed it… | 好吧 那你…丢了它 |
[35:51] | …for someone else. | …是为了别人 |
[35:52] | Let’s see, um, your sister, Laura. | 让我想想 嗯 为你姐姐 Laura |
[35:55] | Her husband asked for a divorce. | 她丈夫要求离婚 |
[35:57] | She finds him in Claudia’s apartment and snaps. | 她在Claudia家见到他 所以一时失控 |
[36:00] | How about your nephew? | 要不然是你外甥? |
[36:02] | Was the pain of watching his father leave his mother too much to bear? | 眼睁睁看着自己的父亲离开母亲 是否太过痛苦了? |
[36:05] | Okay, leave them out of this. | 够了 别把他们牵扯进来 |
[36:06] | Or maybe it was your brother, Eric. | 又或者是你的哥哥Eric |
[36:09] | Paul was divorcing his sister and sleeping with his ex-girlfriend. | Paul要和他的妹妹离婚 而且还睡了他的前女友 |
[36:12] | No. No. | 不是 不是的 |
[36:15] | The gun’s mine. | 那枪是我的 |
[36:16] | Eric gave it to me. | Eric给我的 |
[36:17] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[36:18] | Yeah. Me… | 是啊 我… |
[36:20] | My brother — we’re the black sheep. | 和我哥 我们是家族的耻辱 |
[36:25] | We always have been. | 一直都是 |
[36:26] | That’s why when Eric got Claudia’s text by mistake, I knew — I knew he was gonna lose it with Paul. | 所以当Eric不小心接到了Claudia的短信 我就知道…就知道他会去找Paul的麻烦 |
[36:34] | So I followed him. | 所以我跟踪了他 |
[36:36] | And you watched him beat up Paul? | 你还看着他狠揍了Paul? |
[36:38] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:40] | Yeah, I was gonna jump out and stop him if he went too far. | 没错 我本来准备跳出来阻止他的 一旦他做得太过分了 |
[36:43] | But he didn’t. | 可他没有 |
[36:44] | And then, after Eric left, | 然后 当Eric离开后 |
[36:46] | I — I even went to check on the asshole. | 我…我甚至去看了一下那个混蛋 |
[36:51] | Didn’t want Paul to bleed to death or anything, | 我不希望Paul失血过多致死之类的 |
[36:53] | especially not before he told us where he’d taken all the money we trusted him to hold. | 特别是在他说他已把我们托给照顾的钱 都占为己有以后 |
[36:58] | And how was he — Paul? | 那他当时怎样呢 Paul? |
[37:02] | He’d been afraid of everything he was gonna lose in the divorce. | 他本来在担心离婚后将失去的一切 |
[37:06] | But after the fight, he looked at me and said, | 但在被打过后 他看着我说 |
[37:10] | now…He could walk away from Laura, and he’d owe her nothing. | 现在 他可以离开Laura 他对她毫无亏欠了 |
[37:18] | And he told me that he’s gonna take all the money | 他还告诉我 他会带走所有的钱 |
[37:20] | that we made in the burglaries, which really wasn’t fair. | 那可是我们辛苦偷来的 这也太不公平了 |
[37:25] | And then he said, he… | 然后他说…他 |
[37:28] | He said, “that crazy bitch I married | 他说 “那个跟我结婚的疯婆子 |
[37:31] | “will finally get what she deserves for giving me such a worthless son.” | 终于会因为给我生了这么个 没用的孩子而得到报应” |
[37:36] | So I took the gun out of my purse, and I shot him in the head. | 所以我把枪从包里拿出来 往他头上来了一枪 |
[37:42] | To protect my family, I shot him. | 为了保护我的家人 我杀了他 |
[37:48] | If you were only following your brother because you were worried about him, | 如果你只是因为担心你哥哥而跟踪他 |
[37:51] | why did you have a loaded gun in your purse? | 为什么要在包里放一把有子弹的枪 |
[37:55] | I… | 我… |
[37:56] | I had been carrying that derringer around for months. | 我已经随身带这把枪好几个月了 |
[38:00] | I liked it. | 我挺喜欢它的 |
[38:04] | And I never liked it more than when I was blowing Paul’s head off. | 当它把Paul的脑袋轰烂时 我更是前所未有地喜欢它 |
[38:20] | We finished booking Emily, so I think we’re done here. | 我们已经办好Emily的收押手续 这就完事了 |
[38:22] | Oh, great. Thank you. | 哦 太好了 谢谢你 |
[38:26] | If you don’t mind me butting in, my sister had thyroid cancer. | 如果你不介意我多嘴的话 我妹妹也生过甲状腺癌 |
[38:32] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 哦 我非常抱歉 |
[38:35] | Wait a minute. How did you find out — | 等一下 你是怎么知道… |
[38:36] | Oh. Your father When they were handing out the gifts — | 哦 是你父亲 当他们在送礼物时说 |
[38:40] | “Merry Christmas. I’ve got cancer.” | “圣诞快乐 我生癌了” |
[38:42] | There’s no easy way to say it, I guess. | 我猜也没有更委婉的说法了 |
[38:45] | Guess you’re right about that. | 我想也是 |
[38:49] | H-how is she, though? | 那她…她怎么样了呢? |
[38:50] | Oh, she’s fine now. | 哦 她现在没事了 |
[38:52] | But I learned a lot from what happened to her. | 但我从她的经历中学到了很多 |
[38:55] | Like — like what? | 比如…比如什么? |
[38:57] | Well… | 嗯… |
[38:59] | No matter how frustrated I got with her, I always tried to keep her best interests at heart, | 无论我对她有多烦躁 我总是考虑怎么样做是对她最好的 |
[39:04] | because she wasn’t able to do that for herself. | 因为她自己没法这么对自己 |
[39:07] | You’ll see. | 你会明白的 |
[39:09] | But if you ever need to talk about it, I know stuff. | 但如果你想聊聊的话 我挺懂的 |
[39:13] | Thanks. Thanks. | 多谢 多谢了 |
[39:16] | I’ll remember that. | 我会记着的 |
[39:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[39:26] | Oh, sorry. Am I late? | 哦 抱歉 我迟到了吗 |
[39:29] | Uh, what time is the reservation? | 呃 预约是什么时候啊? |
[39:31] | You’re good. | 一切都好 |
[39:33] | Very good, actually. | 其实是相当好 |
[39:36] | I hope we’re not going anyplace too chichi. | 希望我们去的可不是 那些太过时髦的地方哦 |
[39:39] | Well, mama, it’s your last night here. | 可 妈妈 这是你们在这儿的最后一晚呢 |
[39:41] | We have to go someplace little uptown. | 我们总得去稍微高级点的地方吧 |
[39:43] | Before we go, | 出发之前 |
[39:45] | I’d like to… say something. | 我想要…说两句 |
[39:48] | I-I’m sorry that I was so short with everybody last night. | 我很抱歉昨晚对大家发了脾气 |
[39:53] | Y’all didn’t deserve that. | 你们都不该受这样的气 |
[39:55] | Especially you, Willie Ray. | 特别是你 Willie Ray |
[40:00] | I know I couldn’t go through this | 我知道没有你们 我一人 |
[40:02] | without y’all. | 没法挺过来 |
[40:04] | So, from now on, | 所以 从现在开始 |
[40:05] | I’m gonna be on my best behavior. | 我一定会乖乖的 |
[40:08] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[40:09] | And if anytime I fail to do that, | 如果我哪天没做到 |
[40:11] | you should feel free to hit me over the head or something. | 你们随时都可以敲下我的头之类的 |
[40:17] | No, no, I mean it. | 不是 不是 我是认真的 |
[40:18] | Hit me in the head until I pull it all together. | 一直敲我的头 直到把我敲醒为止 |
[40:21] | I don’t think that will be necessary… | 我不认为有这个必要… |
[40:25] | But I’ll keep it in mind. | 但我会记着的 |
[40:29] | Daddy, I have something to tell you, too. | 爸 我也有事要告诉你 |
[40:31] | I spoke to Jimmy and Bobby and Clay Jr. today, | 我今天和Jimmy Bobby和小Clay说过了 |
[40:36] | and we’re all gonna come visit you after Christmas. | 圣诞节后我们都会去探望你的 |
[40:39] | Oh, now, Clay, | 哦 你看啊 Clay |
[40:41] | isn’t that nice? | 这不是很好吗? |
[40:43] | But the boys will be worried about me all during Christmas. | 但孩子们过圣诞的时候 不就会一直担心我了吗? |
[40:47] | Willie Ray, I think we should get on the phone right now and — and — and settle this thing, | Willie Ray 我觉得我们应该立刻打电话 然后…然后把这事解决了 |
[40:52] | talk to them about it. | 跟他们好好谈谈 |
[40:54] | We can do that before dinner. | 晚餐前就能说完 |
[40:55] | Clay, it’s three hours later on the east coast. | Clay 现在的东海岸可是三小时后了 |
[40:59] | Now, don’t start bossing me around! | 好了 不许对我管东管西的! |
[41:02] | When I make a decision, it depends on the needs of the moment, | 当我做了一个决定 这都是因为目前的需要 |
[41:05] | the facts, and the crisis at hand. | 现实情况 以及当下的危机 |
[41:07] | Now, I will not have my son — | 我绝对不会让我的儿子… |
[41:21] | We have reservations, Clay. | 我们已经预约好了 Clay |
[41:26] | It’s kind of a great place, too, daddy. | 而且那个地方相当棒呢 爸爸 |
[41:29] | I think you’ll like it. | 我想你会喜欢的 |
[41:38] | Thank you, Fritz. | 谢谢你 Fritz |
[41:40] | Anytime, Clay. | 没问题 Clay |
[41:45] | Anytime at all. | 随传随到哦 |