| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|---|
| [00:01] | Look,I know I said I’d stop by but it’s getting kind of late. | 是这样的 我是说我会过去的 但是现在已经很晚了 |
| [00:04] | This Q&A I did at the law school? | 我在法学院做的问答讲座 |
| [00:06] | It went long. | 用了太长时间 |
| [00:08] | What’d the future scumbags of America want to know about? | 那些美国未来的混蛋们都想知道些什么? |
| [00:11] | Mostly search-and-seizure rules. | 基本都是搜查逮捕规定 |
| [00:14] | Did you demonstrate on the coeds? | 你在他们学校做示范了吗? |
| [00:16] | Come on. They were all too young. | 别介 他们都太嫩了 |
| [00:17] | Too young for you,but not for me. | 对你来说年轻 对我来说可不是 |
| [00:19] | My cutoff is 25,buddy. | 伙计 25岁是我的最爱 |
| [00:23] | So,how much you get paid for a lecture gig like this? | 这样的讲座你赚了多少? |
| [00:26] | Oh,I got some great gifts — | 哦 我拿到了很多精美的礼品 |
| [00:27] | a T-shirt,a coffee mug… | T恤衫 咖啡杯… |
| [00:29] | And the professor’s phone number. | 还有教授的电话号码 |
| [00:31] | Yeah? What’s his name? | 是吗? 他叫什么名字? |
| [00:33] | Oh,very funny. | 哦 很搞笑 |
| [00:35] | Anyway… | 总之… |
| [00:38] | So,are you still gonna pick me up tomorrow? | 那你明天还会来接我吗? |
| [00:40] | Oh,my God! | 哦 上帝! |
| [00:42] | Flynn? | |
| [01:05] | Andy! Andy! | |
| [01:07] | What the hell?! What happened?! | 怎么回事?! 发生什么情况了?! |
| [01:08] | There’s been an accident! There’s been an accident! | 出车祸了! 出事了! |
| [01:12] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了吗? |
| [01:13] | No,no. I’m fine. | 没 没 我很好 |
| [01:14] | Listen,get an ambulance. | 听着 给我叫辆救护车 |
| [01:16] | South side of Beverly,just east of Martel! | 贝弗利南区 马特尔东边! |
| [01:18] | Okay,okay,okay. | 好的 好的 好的 |
| [01:25] | Don’t move,sweetheart. Help is on the way,okay? | 别动 亲爱的 救护车马上就到 知道吗? |
| [01:29] | My dad’s gonna be so mad. | 我爸爸会气疯的 |
| [01:31] | He didn’t want me to ride the bike. | 他不让我骑这辆车 |
| [01:33] | Tell me your name. What’s your me? | 告诉我你的名字 你叫什么? |
| [01:34] | Gracey. | |
| [01:35] | Okay,Gracey, did you see the driver of the car that hit you? | 好的 Gracey 你看到撞你那辆车的司机了吗? |
| [01:40] | All I saw were headlights. | 我只看到了车头灯 |
| [01:42] | I…I-I think I’m okay. I’m good. | 我…我 我觉得我很好 我没事 |
| [01:46] | I don’t feel anything. | 我一点感觉都没有 |
| [01:49] | – Just help me up. – No,no,no. | – 请你扶我一下 – 不 不 不 |
| [01:50] | You — you just lie there,okay? | 你…你就呆着别动 好吗? |
| [01:52] | An ambulance is on the way. | 救护车马上就到 |
| [01:55] | I’m so sorry to cause you all this trouble. | 真抱歉给你惹这么多麻烦 |
| [01:57] | I really think I’m okay. | 我真的觉得我没事 |
| [02:01] | Listen — listen,sweetheart,it’s no trouble at all. | 听着…听着 亲爱的 一点都不麻烦 |
| [02:05] | You were in an accident. | 你出车祸了 |
| [02:07] | Hey,you’re a champ,Gracey. | 嘿 你很棒 Gracey |
| [02:10] | You’re a champ. | 你很棒 |
| [02:12] | Yeah,you’re doing good. | 是的 很好 |
| [02:14] | You’re doing good,sweetheart. | 你做得很好 亲爱的 |
| [02:18] | You’re doing good. | 很好 |
| [02:23] | Gracey,don’t… | Gracey 不要… |
| [02:46] | Oh,my God. | Oh,my God. 哦 上帝 哦 上帝 |
| [02:49] | Oh,no! | 哦 不要! |
| [02:51] | Oh,my God. Oh,my God. | 哦 上帝 哦 上帝 |
| [02:55] | Oh,my God! Oh,my God. | 哦 上帝 哦 上帝 |
| [02:59] | Oh,no! | 哦 不要! |
| [03:15] | Oh. Oh. | |
| [03:41] | I-I’m sorry. | 呃 很抱歉 |
| [03:42] | I-I think I may have left my purse here. | 我 我想我的手提包好像掉在这里了 |
| [03:44] | Gail! I thought you left. | Gail! 我以为你走了呢 |
| [03:46] | Well,I thought I had,too. | 呃 我也这么想的 |
| [03:47] | I can’t find my car. | 我的车子不见了 |
| [03:50] | I think it’s been stolen. | 肯定被谁偷了 |
| [03:52] | Oh,not the Mercedes. | 哦 不要是奔驰 |
| [03:53] | Oh,no,this is awful. | 哦 不 太糟糕了 |
| [03:54] | My car,purse… | 我的车 手提包… |
| [03:56] | the phone,the credit cards,everything. | 电话 信用卡 所有的东西 |
| [04:01] | Oh,honey,you should have valeted. | 哦 亲爱的 你该好好看着的 |
| [04:03] | I could have valeted! | 我是该注意的! |
| [04:05] | I’ll call the police. | 我马上去报案 |
| [04:06] | Would you like me to tell them who you are? | 你希望我告诉警察你的名字吗? |
| [04:08] | No,no,no. No. | 不 不 不 不 |
| [04:09] | – Yes. – No,don’t do that. | – 是的 – 不 不要说 |
| [04:10] | – Yes. – Well,yes,maybe… | – 是的 – 呃 是的 或许… |
| [04:12] | If you think it’ll move things along faster. | 如果你觉得这样进展会快一点的话 |
| [04:15] | Would you look at me? | 你看看我 |
| [04:16] | My hands are shaking. | 我的手在抖 |
| [04:18] | Oh,you poor baby. | 哦 真可怜 |
| [04:20] | Let’s get you a drink. What would you like? | 先喝一杯吧 你想要什么? |
| [04:22] | Oh,you know what? | 哦 你知道吗? |
| [04:24] | I think I’ll have something with vodka please? | 我想最好来些伏特加 好吗? |
| [04:28] | Right away. | 马上就到 晚安 |
| [04:48] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
| [04:51] | Hey,mom,is that you? | 嘿 妈妈 是你吗? |
| [04:53] | Hi,honey. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
| [04:55] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉 我回来晚了 |
| [04:56] | I-I would have called, but somebody stole my purse. | 我 我该先打个电话回来的 但是手提包被偷了 |
| [05:04] | Somebody stole it,or you left it somewhere? | 被偷了 还是你弄丢了? |
| [05:06] | No,this time,someone actually took it. | 不 这次不是 真的被偷了 |
| [05:10] | And they took my car,too. | 还偷了我的车 |
| [05:13] | Can you believe it? | 你相信我吗? |
| [05:14] | Mom,do you really need that? | 妈妈 你真的要这样吗? |
| [05:17] | After the night I have had, yes,mommy needs a nightcap. | 在那天之后 是的 我需要睡前喝点酒 |
| [05:21] | Well,at least you didn’t drive home. No. | – 呃 至少你没开车回家 – 是的 |
| [05:23] | Your dad’s boys in blue | 你爸爸那些警察朋友 |
| [05:25] | brought me right to the front door, only too happy to help the police commissioner’s wife. | 把我带到正门 很乐意为警务处长的妻子效劳 |
| [05:32] | Oh,go back to bed. | 哦 快去睡觉吧 |
| [05:34] | I’m just gonna… | 我只想… |
| [05:36] | Sit for a while. | 坐一会儿 |
| [05:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [06:04] | – Oh,oh. Good morning,Mrs. Myers. – Good morning. | – 哦 哦 早上好 Myers太太 – 早上好 |
| [06:07] | Uh,Lieutenant Provenza,uh,Lieutenant Flynn,L.A.P.D. | 呃 Provenza副队 呃 Flynn副队 洛杉矶警察局警察 |
| [06:11] | Oh,my God. | 哦 我的上帝 |
| [06:11] | Don’t tell me you’ve already found my Mercedes. | 不会告诉我 已经找到我的奔驰了吧 |
| [06:14] | No,no,but we’re working on it. | 不 不 我们正在找 |
| [06:16] | Uh,I know it’s an imposition, | 呃 可能有点强人所难 |
| [06:18] | but Chief Pope asked if you wouldn’t mind coming downtown to look at some photos of people | 但是Pope警长觉得 如果你不介意的话 希望你到总局去看下 |
| [06:22] | who might have been at the restaurant you were at last night. | 昨天晚上和你在一个餐馆的那些人的照片 |
| [06:24] | Wow,you guys are really on it. | 哇哦 你们真的很上心 |
| [06:27] | – Come in,come in. – Well,thank you. | – 进来 进来 – 好的 谢谢 |
| [06:29] | Yes,thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
| [06:30] | Right this way,Mrs. Myers. | 这边走 Myers太太 |
| [06:32] | This is the heart of the Major Crimes division, or what we call “the murder room.” | 这是重案组的中心 我们叫它”谋杀调查室” |
| [06:36] | And right over here, we’re trying to reassemble what happened last night. | 就在这边 我们正在试图重现昨晚的情形 |
| [06:41] | Of course,we’re,uh,surveilling all known chop shops and high-end resale dealers in the area, | 当然 我们对那里的车间 高档商店 都有监控 |
| [06:46] | but you should prepare yourself. | 但是你还是得做好准备 |
| [06:47] | A lot of these cars just go straight over the border. | 很多汽车都会被运出境 |
| [06:50] | Here you are. | 您的咖啡 |
| [06:51] | Mrs. Myers,allow me to introduce Detective Sanchez, Detective Gabriel, | Myers太太 这是Sanchez警探 Gabriel警探 |
| [06:56] | and that’s Lieutenant Tao over there. | 那边是Tao副队 |
| [06:58] | Mrs. Myers. It’s a pleasure,ma’am. | Myers太太 很高兴见到你 |
| [06:59] | Ma’am,these are the known car thieves and parolees who live within a 2-mile radius of where you parked your car. | 太太 这些是你停车地点两英里范围内 已备案的汽车贼 还有假释犯 |
| [07:04] | If anybody looks familiar,just point. | 如果看到眼熟的 请你指出来 |
| [07:06] | Yeah,we ran all the DMV photos and green-card I.D.s of all the kitchen workers, | 嗯 这些是车管所的照片 还有那些持有La “Bon-ne” Ami餐馆持绿卡的 |
| [07:11] | bar staff,and waiters at La “Bon-ne” Ami. | 厨房工作人员 吧台人员以及服务员的身份证 |
| [07:13] | La Bonne Ami. | |
| [07:15] | We wrangled the reservation list and seating chart from La bonne ami, | 我们对La “Bon-ne” Ami餐馆的预约单 及座位表都进行了探讨 |
| [07:19] | uh,early this morning from the ma卯tre d’. 呃 是今早从老板那获得的资料 | |
| [07:21] | I’m cross checking the food and drink tabs with credit-card charges, | 我又检查了信用卡的餐饮付费单 |
| [07:24] | tracking down who might have been seated close to your table. | 调查谁有可能坐在你的旁边 |
| [07:27] | Somebody could have watched you park and then followed you inside. | 可能有人看到你停车 然后跟着你进去 |
| [07:30] | My God. | 天呐 |
| [07:31] | I just hope that you’re not doing all of this just because I’m a police commissioner’s wife. | 不要告诉我你们做这些 只因为我是警务处长的妻子 |
| [07:36] | Well,not all of it. | 呃 也不全是 |
| [07:39] | We’ve only had two cars stolen from that neighborhood all year. | 今年那个社区只丢过两辆车 |
| [07:42] | We don’t want this to start a trend. | 我们不希望事情恶化 |
| [07:48] | Please,if you wouldn’t mind hanging here for a second. | 请进 希望你不介意在这里多呆上一会 |
| [07:50] | We’re gonna send Chief Johnson in to make sure everything’s right with your insurance. | 我们会把Johnson警长叫进来 确保你能拿到你的保险赔偿 |
| [07:55] | Uh,do you have enough coffee? | 呃 你还要咖啡吗? |
| [07:56] | Uh,yes. Thank you. | 呃 是的 谢谢 |
| [08:24] | Hello,hello. | 你好 你好 |
| [08:26] | I’m so sorry to have kept you waiting,Mrs. Myers. | Myers太太 真是抱歉 让你等这么久 |
| [08:29] | I’m Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson. | 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson副警长 |
| [08:31] | We’ve met once before,but you probably don’t remember. | 我们以前见过一次 你可能不记得了 |
| [08:35] | You and,uh,Commissioner Myers hosted a cocktail party at your house for Chief Pope. | 你 还有 呃 Myers处长 在你们家为Pope警长办了一个鸡尾酒会 |
| [08:40] | Such a nice house. | 房子可真漂亮 |
| [08:42] | I’m so sorry about your car. | 你的车没了 真让人难过 |
| [08:44] | I’ve never had mine stolen — or my purse,for that matter, which,for me,would be much worse. | 我自己的从来没有被偷过…手提包也没有 如果我的被偷的话 那就更杯具了 |
| [08:50] | I keep everything in that purse — everything. | 我所有的东西都放在手提包里…所有 |
| [08:53] | Which reminds me — | 这让我想到了… |
| [08:54] | is there a reason you haven’t canceled your credit cards? | 你取消你的信用卡有什么原因吗? |
| [09:00] | You know,I completely forgot. | 这样的 我几乎忘光了 |
| [09:02] | Well,you should get on it right away. | 呃 你最好能马上想起来 |
| [09:05] | As your husband would tell you, to have your car stolen is one thing, | 你丈夫可能跟你说过 车子被偷是一码事 |
| [09:08] | but identity theft is much worse. | 身份被盗才更糟糕 |
| [09:13] | So,I know that you must be… | 而且 我知道你一定会… |
| [09:14] | Sick of,uh,going over what happened last night, but it is crucial that I get the details directly from you. | 对回想昨晚发生的事感到很头疼 但是从你这里得到的信息才是最重要的 |
| [09:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [09:24] | I went out to dinner with my daughter | 我和我女儿一起去吃晚餐 |
| [09:27] | and her two best friends from the Marlborough Academy and their mothers. | 还有她来自马尔堡学院的两个好朋友 以及他们的妈妈 |
| [09:32] | Um,after dinner,I noticed my purse was missing. | 呃 吃完饭后 我发现手提包不见了 |
| [09:36] | Right. | 对的 |
| [09:37] | You,uh — you told the responding officers that you thought you might have left it in the ladies’ room? | 你 呃…你跟警察说你可能丢在厕所了? |
| [09:43] | Honestly,I don’t remember. | 坦白说 我不太记得 |
| [09:45] | I actually walked out of the restaurant, thinking I might have still left the purse in the car. | 实际上 我从餐馆出来的时候 以为我把手提包落在车子里了 |
| [09:53] | But the car was gone. | 但是发现车子没了 |
| [09:54] | Then what? | 然后呢? |
| [09:56] | Uh…I walked back inside, and the manager called the police. | 呃…我又回到餐馆 之后餐馆经理报了警 |
| [10:01] | Well,we may have more information to add to that. | 呃 我们还有更多信息 |
| [10:05] | Um…You see,Mrs. Myers,um… | 呃…这样的 Myers太太 呃… |
| [10:08] | Last night,there was a terrible accident around the time that your car went missing. | 昨晚 你车子没了的时候 还发生了一起交通事故 |
| [10:15] | A 19-year-old girl was killed in a hit-and-run. | 一个19岁的小姑娘被撞死了 司机肇事逃逸 |
| [10:21] | Oh,my God. | 哦 天呐 |
| [10:23] | We have several witnesses describing a Mercedes exactly like yours. | 根据几位目击者描述 肇事车就跟你的奔驰一模一样 |
| [10:27] | Oh,my God. Are you kidding me? | 哦 天呐 你不是跟我开玩笑吧? |
| [10:29] | I wish I was. | 我倒希望是 |
| [10:33] | Her name was Gracey Ann Gates. | 她名字叫Gracey Ann Gates |
| [10:35] | She was a freshman in college. | 是一名大一新生 |
| [10:39] | She was supposed to take her last final this morning and then fly home to be with her family for Christmas. | 她本来打算今天上午参加完期末考试 就赶紧飞回家过圣诞 |
| [10:46] | And you think the person that stole my car ran her down? | 你是说偷了我车的人把她撞死了? |
| [10:49] | Well,the hit-and-run happened half a mile from the restaurant where you were, | 事故就发生在你们所在餐馆半英里的地方 |
| [10:55] | so it does fit into our timeline. | 这跟我们的时间表很符合 |
| [10:58] | Oh,no wonder you’re working so hard to find the car. | 怪不得你们这么努力寻找那辆车 |
| [11:02] | What can I do? | 我能帮什么忙吗? |
| [11:03] | How can I help? | 我怎么才能帮到你们? |
| [11:05] | Can I offer a reward? I want to help. | 我可以设置悬赏吗? 我想帮你们 |
| [11:08] | You are helping us right now,and we deeply appreciate it. | 你现在就在帮我们 我们很感激 |
| [11:13] | Oh,God. | 哦 天呐 |
| [11:14] | I wish I had paid more attention to the people around me last night. | 真希望昨晚我仔细留心了我周围的人 |
| [11:18] | I wish that I had kept my damn purse in my hand. | 我真希望我的手提包就攥在手上 |
| [11:21] | I wish that I hadn’t… | 希望我没有… |
| [11:25] | Hadn’t what? | 没干嘛? |
| [11:31] | I wish I hadn’t parked on the street. | 希望我没有把车停在那条街 |
| [11:34] | And maybe my car wouldn’t have been stolen, and this poor girl wouldn’t be… | 或许我的车就不会被偷 那个可怜的女孩也就不会… |
| [11:43] | I’m sorry. | 我很难过 |
| [11:45] | I’m sorry. | 真的很难过 |
| [11:48] | I know how unsettling all this must feel,Mrs. Myers, | 我知道这些听着让人难受 Myers太太 |
| [11:51] | but I promise you that we will not stop | 但我跟你保证我们不找到 |
| [11:54] | until we find the person who killed that young girl with your car. | 那个开你车撞死人的凶手 是不会罢手的 |
| [11:58] | And if you remember anything at all about what might have happened to your purse, | 如果你记起什么手提包的事 |
| [12:02] | please don’t hesitate to call. | 请立刻通知我们 |
| [12:04] | When does Jay get in? | Jay什么时候能过来? |
| [12:05] | I want to keep him up to speed. | 我想尽快让他过来 |
| [12:06] | Um,he flies in late tonight. | 呃 他的班机今晚晚些时候到 |
| [12:08] | I’ll call his office and,uh,set up a briefing for first thing tomorrow. | 我会给他办公室打电话 明天第一件事就是给他做个简报 |
| [12:12] | We’ll let you know just as soon as we find your car. | 我们找到你的车会立刻通知你的 |
| [12:17] | Um,please,please give my condolences to that poor girl’s family | 呃 拜托 拜托 替我慰问一下那个可怜女孩的家人 |
| [12:21] | and tell them they are in my family’s prayers. | 告诉他们 我们全家都为他们祈祷 |
| [12:25] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
| [12:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [12:36] | What…a…liar. | 真是个…大骗子 |
| [12:43] | For the sake of your career and mine — — | 为了你的工作 还有我的… |
| [12:46] | don’t tell people a police commissioner’s wife is a liar unless you can prove it. | 不要跟别人说警务处长的妻子是骗子 除非你有证据 |
| [12:50] | Did you see the look in her eyes when I told her about the victim? | 我跟她提到受害者的时候 你看到她的眼神了吗? |
| [12:53] | I saw tears. | 我看到了眼泪 |
| [12:54] | I’d be crying,too, if I side-swiped a 19-year-old girl and drove away. | 我也会哭 如果我撞到一个19岁的女孩然后逃走 |
| [12:58] | Only,I’d come up with a better excuse than,”Oh,someone stole my purse!” | 之后 找个好借口”哦 我的手提包被偷了” |
| [13:02] | Before we go any further down this Gail Myers road, | 在我们深入调查Myers太太的事之前 |
| [13:06] | let me point out to you that when you aim at a police commissioner’s wife and miss, | 我要先跟你说清楚 你针对一名警务处长的妻子 |
| [13:09] | there are consequences. | 是要承担后果的 |
| [13:11] | What about the consequences of letting someone get away with murder? | 那么让谋杀犯逍遥法外又是什么后果? |
| [13:14] | Mur– this is not murder. | 谋杀…这不是谋杀案件 |
| [13:16] | This is maybe vehicular manslaughter. | 这也许是交通肇事杀人 |
| [13:18] | You’re the one who made this hit-and-run a major crime. | 是你把这起肇事逃逸定性为重要案件 |
| [13:20] | Usually,deaths like these are handled by traffic. | 通常 这样的死亡事件是由交通部门处理的 |
| [13:22] | Yeah,yeah. | 是 是 |
| [13:23] | I should have known if I gave you a stolen car, | 我早该知道 要是牵扯到一辆偷来的车 |
| [13:25] | you’d try to turn it into a homicide. | 你就会把它当成凶杀案 |
| [13:27] | Look,the officers that drove her home said Mrs. Myers reeked of alcohol. | 听着 送她回家的警察说 Myers太太身上一股酒臭味 |
| [13:33] | That wasn’t in their report. | 报告上没有 |
| [13:34] | Because she’s a police commissioner’s wife. | 就因为她是警务处长的妻子 |
| [13:39] | All right,here,let’s,uh — | 好吧 现在 我们就… |
| [13:40] | let’s look at the logistics. | 我们分析一下 |
| [13:41] | Uh,Provenza called 911 at 11:27. | 呃 Provenza在11:27报的警 |
| [13:45] | Stolen-vehicle report was taken at 11:41. | 偷车报告是在11:41做的 |
| [13:49] | So,how did she steal her own car, commit manslaughter,ditch all that stuff, | 那么 她是怎么偷了自己的车子 撞死了人 办完一切 |
| [13:54] | and get back to the bar in like 14 minutes? | 然后回到酒吧 一切只花了14分钟呢? |
| [13:57] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不清楚 |
| [13:58] | And why was she driving in the exact opposite direction from her house at the time of the accident? | 那她为什么在出事的时候 朝回家的反方向行驶呢? |
| [14:02] | I don’t know yet. | 我也不知道 |
| [14:04] | You better figure that out, because the hit-and-run driver was in the westbound lane, | 你必须搞清楚这些 因为肇事逃逸司机是向西行驶的 |
| [14:08] | and Gail Myers’ house is east of there. | 而Gail Myers的家在东边 |
| [14:10] | The driver didn’t know what lane they were in. | 司机不知道车子开往哪个方向 |
| [14:12] | They swerved across the line, probably because she’d been drinking. | 那车越过了交通线 很可能因为她喝醉了 |
| [14:16] | Well,it’s a little late to administer a breathalyzer test. | 呃 现在进行酒精测定也太迟了吧 |
| [14:20] | And,look,if we are seriously going after a police commissioner’s wife here — | 而且 如果我们真的要追查一名 警务处长的妻子… |
| [14:24] | and by “we,” I do mean you — | 我们俩 我的意思是你… |
| [14:27] | what do you suggest I tell the commissioner when he calls for a report? | 警务处长要报告的时候 你打算让我跟他怎么说? |
| [14:30] | Tell him we’re doing a block-by-block, | 你就跟他说 我们正在地毯式地 |
| [14:31] | inch-by-inch grid search to find his wife’s purse and,we’re lucky,her car. | 搜查他妻子的手提包 幸运的话 还能找到她的车 |
| [14:36] | Love it. What else? | 很好 还有呢? |
| [14:38] | We’re knocking on doors,looking for witnesses. | 我们挨家挨户问 寻找目击者 |
| [14:40] | Love it. What else? | 很好 还有呢? |
| [14:45] | We might as well look and see if there are any accident reports | 我们最好还看看有没有事故报告是关于 |
| [14:47] | where someone lost a mirror off their new Mercedes. | 新买的奔驰丢了一个侧视镜 |
| [14:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
| [14:51] | And,um,Gracey’s parents are, uh,flying in from Colorado to claim their daughter’s body. | 还有 呃 Gracey的父母正从科罗拉多 赶来领回他们女儿的尸体 |
| [14:56] | They’ve also asked to visit the scene where she died. | 他们还要求看看他们女儿死亡的地点 |
| [14:59] | So,would you mind talking to them about what happened? | 你不介意带他们去事故地点吧? |
| [15:03] | Sure,sure. | 好的 好的 |
| [15:06] | You know I’m required by the rules around here and the circumstances of Gracey’s death | 这样的 根据这里的规定 还有Gracey的死 |
| [15:10] | to ask you if you want to see a counselor… | 我需要问一下 你是否需要一个心理顾问… |
| [15:12] | About the emotional fallout. – No,no,no,no,no. | – 帮你调节情绪失控 – 不 不 不 不 |
| [15:15] | I-I’m fine,Chief. | 我 我很好 头儿 |
| [15:16] | I’ve already been on the phone with my sponsor. | 我已经跟我的保证人通过电话了 |
| [15:18] | Good,then. Good. | 很好 这样很好 |
| [15:20] | Uh,look,could you quietly — and I mean on tippy-toes — | 呃 这样 你可不可以悄悄地… 我的意思是不让别人发现… |
| [15:24] | look into Gail Myers’ background for me,please? | 帮我调查一下Gail Myers的背景 好吗? |
| [15:26] | She has no D.U.I.s in California. | 她在加州没有醉酒驾驶记录 |
| [15:28] | It’s a big country. | 这是个大城市 |
| [15:29] | And,uh,see if she has a spare garage or a friend with one somewhere near the restaurant. Hello? | 还有 去查一下她或者她的朋友 在餐馆附近有没有其他的车库 你好? |
| [15:33] | Hi. Hey,Chief,we’re making headway. | 嗨 头儿 我们有发现 |
| [15:36] | Uh,Mrs. Myers’ wallet was in a gutter | 在排水沟里发现了Myers太太的手提包 |
| [15:39] | three blocks from the ooh-La-La French restaurant where she boozed it up last night. | 就在距离她昨晚大醉的法国餐馆 三个街区之遥 |
| [15:43] | And we got her cellphone,too. | 还有 手机也找到了 |
| [15:45] | Looks like somebody ran over it. | 貌似被谁踩过了 |
| [15:47] | Great. | 很好 |
| [15:48] | Find me the car,and we’ll be on our way. | 找到那辆车 我们马上就到 |
| [15:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [15:50] | Yes,Buzz. | 什么事 Buzz |
| [15:51] | I think I have this straight. | 我长话短说 |
| [15:54] | Mrs. Myers’ daughter’s best friend’s stepmother is in interview 2 with Detective Gabriel. | Myers太太女儿的最好朋友的继母 正在第二审讯室 和Gabriel警探一起 |
| [15:58] | Great. Thank you. | 很好 谢谢 |
| [16:03] | Quietly,Lieutenant. | 千万不要声张 副队 |
| [16:05] | As the grave,Chief. As the grave. | 神不知 鬼不觉 |
| [16:13] | It doesn’t surprise me that somebody stole that car. | 对于车子被偷我一点也不惊讶 |
| [16:16] | It shocks me that Gail didn’t valet. | 我惊讶的是Gail竟然没用代客泊车 |
| [16:18] | I always,always valet my Mercedes. | 我一直 一直都让别人代我看着我的奔驰 |
| [16:22] | Well,one really must. | 是啊 这是必须的 |
| [16:23] | Mm. So,do you recognize any of these people from the restaurant last night? | 好 所以 昨晚在餐馆的这些人 你有认出谁吗 |
| [16:27] | Oh,first of all,I hate that place. | 哦 首先 我讨厌那个地方 |
| [16:30] | It’s just filled with pretentious assholes. | 里面全都是些自命不凡的混蛋 |
| [16:33] | You know,I tend not to notice the staff, because honestly, | 你知道的 我尽量不去注意那里的服务员 因为说老实话 |
| [16:38] | if you’ve seen one busboy in Southern California, | 如果你在南加州认识一个服务员 |
| [16:39] | you’ve kind of seen them all — if you know what I mean — | 基本上就等于认识了所有的服务员 如果你知道我在说什么的话 |
| [16:41] | ’cause they just — well,they pretty much look alike. | 因为他们…好吧 长得都差不多 |
| [16:45] | So,were the girls with y’all the whole evening? | 所以 昨晚孩子们一直都跟你们在一起吗 |
| [16:48] | God,no. | 怎么可能 |
| [16:50] | No,they used to stay all night, but,uh,when they got their driver’s licenses, | 应该说 她们过去一直待在我们身边 但是 等她们拿到了驾照 |
| [16:54] | our little girls decided we were old and boring. | 小公主们就会觉得我们又老又无聊了 |
| [16:58] | So Kelly and Kaitlin left about — I don’t know — | 所以Kelly和Kaitlin大概是在… 我也不知道… |
| [17:01] | 10:00,10:30. | 10:00 10:30 离开的 |
| [17:02] | And Gail and I stayed and polished off the wine. | Gail和我留在那儿把红酒喝完了 |
| [17:04] | Oh,this is so helpful. | 这一点对我们很有帮助 |
| [17:06] | Mrs. Myers said she had a few too many last night, and her memory’s a little fuzzy. | Myers太太说她昨晚有点喝多了 所以她有点记不清楚了 |
| [17:10] | Mm. Really? Ha! | 是嘛? 哈! |
| [17:11] | Because that gal can put it away. | 那家伙对酒是来者不拒 |
| [17:13] | She’s like one of those hollow-leg drinkers,you know? | 她能做到千杯不醉 你知道吗? |
| [17:15] | Not me. | 不像我 |
| [17:16] | Two chablis,and I’m three sheets to the wind. | 两杯葡萄酒就能不省人事 |
| [17:18] | So,um,you were saying that,uh,after the girls left…? | 所以 你是说昨天孩子们走了以后…? |
| [17:22] | Oh,I ran into my friend Veronica from Queens, and,uh,I had a cup of coffee with “V.” | 我碰到了一个朋友 Veronica 她住皇后区 然后我们喝了杯咖啡 |
| [17:27] | Gail left,and then,you know,she came back. | Gail走了 然后 你知道的 她又回来了 |
| [17:30] | – She should have valeted. – Mm-hmm. | – 她应该请人代客泊车的 – 是啊 |
| [17:33] | So,how much time was that,do you think, between when Gail left and then came back to the bar? | 所以 你觉得 在Gail离开和返回之间 隔了大概多久? |
| [17:38] | Oh,I don’t know. | 哦 我不太清楚 |
| [17:39] | You know,a cup of coffee’s worth. | 大概就一杯咖啡的时间吧 |
| [17:42] | So,Gail came back,the police were called, and y’all had another drink? | 所以 Gail回来了 也报了警 然后你们又喝酒了? |
| [17:49] | You know,maybe you should ask Gail what she was drinking, | 也许你应该直接问问Gail她喝了什么 |
| [17:52] | because I-I monitor my alcohol intake and my husband’s, | 因为 我很注意控制 自己和我丈夫的酒精摄入量 |
| [17:55] | but,um,yeah,I don’t keep tabs on — on other people. | 但是 呃…我没办法控制其他人 |
| [18:00] | The reason we need to be so crystal clear about the details is that whoever stole your friend’s car | 我们之所以要对细枝末节问得这么清楚 是因为无论是谁偷了你朋友的车 |
| [18:06] | drove it over a 19-year-old girl, killed her,and fled the scene. | 这个人撞了一名19岁的女孩 并且在把她撞死以后逃逸了 |
| [18:11] | Oh,my God. | 我的天呐 |
| [18:13] | Are you kidding me? | 你说真的? |
| [18:16] | That’s just awful. | 太可怕了 |
| [18:17] | Electronics. Buzz speaking. | 电子录像室 我是Buzz 请讲 |
| [18:18] | Yeah,it’s Provenza. | 我是Provenza |
| [18:19] | Tell the Chief we found the Mercedes. | 告诉头儿 我们找到奔驰了 |
| [18:21] | No,no. It couldn’t have been Gail, because when she came back to the restaurant, | 不 不 不可能是Gail干的 因为她回到餐馆以后 |
| [18:24] | the first thing she did was she went to the manager to call the police. | 做的第一件事就是让餐馆经理报警 |
| [18:27] | So,I mean,why would she do that? | 我是说 她为什么要这么做? |
| [18:29] | Why would she call the police on herself? | 她干嘛要主动联系警察? |
| [18:33] | It’s hidden in plain sight,Chief, | 车就停在光天化日之下 头儿 |
| [18:35] | parked in an alley,uh,five,six blocks from the restaurant, | 停在一条小巷里 大概距离餐馆五到六个街区 |
| [18:39] | unlocked,key in the ignition. | 车没上锁 钥匙插在上面 |
| [18:41] | I can’t believe nobody called it in. | 真不敢相信居然没人把它开走 |
| [18:43] | Who knows you found the car,Lieutenant? | 有哪些人知道你找到车了 副队? |
| [18:44] | Nobody’s here but us chickens. | 除了在场的没有其他人 |
| [18:46] | Great. Hang on just one second. | 很好 别挂 稍等一会儿 |
| [18:47] | Well,I can hold on as long as you like. | 好的 让我等多久都行 |
| [18:52] | Agent Howard. Hello. | 我是Howard探员 你好 |
| [18:54] | Fritzi… | |
| [18:56] | Honey,hi. | 亲爱的 嗨 |
| [18:57] | We just found the car that was used in the hit-and-run, | 我们刚刚找到了肇事逃逸的那辆车 |
| [19:02] | and we don’t want anyone else at the L.A.P.D. to know we have it. | 但我们不想让洛杉矶警局里的其他人 知道这件事 |
| [19:05] | May we borrow the FBI’s print shed? | 我能借用一下FBI的遮挡棚吗? |
| [19:08] | E.A.B.? | |
| [19:09] | E.A.B. Great. | 对 就是EAB 很好 |
| [19:10] | Thanks. Love you. Bye. | 谢啦 我爱你 拜拜 |
| [19:12] | Well,I love you,too,but — hello? | 好 我也爱你 但是…喂? |
| [19:14] | $114,000 automobile, keys in the ignition, | 价值11万4千的车 钥匙就插在点火器上 |
| [19:18] | valuables on the seat,cash in the ashtray? | 椅子上有值钱的东西 现金在烟灰缸里? |
| [19:20] | Wasn’t even locked. | 甚至都没上锁 |
| [19:21] | This car theft was staged, like her tears. | 这个偷车贼就跟她的眼泪一样都是假的 |
| [19:25] | It’d be great if you could prove that, you know,with evidence. | 如果你能证明是她做的 很好 但是你知道的 用证据说话 |
| [19:28] | The side-view mirror’s a match. | 侧视镜是这辆车的 |
| [19:30] | Gail Myers’ story still holds. | 但Gail Myers的故事依然成立 |
| [19:32] | Somebody stole her car,hit the girl,ditched the car. | 有人偷了她的车 撞了那女孩 弃车而逃 |
| [19:35] | Oh… It’s possible. | 有这个可能性 |
| [19:37] | Lieutenant Tao,are you finished with the interior? | Tao副队 车内都检查完了吗 |
| [19:38] | We can work,uh,the outside. | 我们可以检查车外了 |
| [19:41] | – The inside’s all yours,Chief. – Okay. | – 里面都归你们了 头儿 – 好的 |
| [19:42] | Uh,Chief Pope,you’re — | 对了 Pope警长 你现在… |
| [19:44] | you’re getting so trim. | 越来越苗条了 |
| [19:46] | Why don’t you slip in here behind the wheel? | 不如你坐进驾驶座车里面试试看吧? |
| [19:49] | Provenza,get in the car. | Provenza 坐进去 |
| [19:59] | – The seat. – No,no,no,no. | – 座位不行啊 – 不 不 不 |
| [20:00] | Don’t adjust anything,please. Fritzi,would you — | 别调整任何东西 拜托了 Fritzi 你能不能… |
| [20:03] | Okay,I get it. The seat is obviously set lady size. | 我明白了 很明显驾驶员是个女的 |
| [20:06] | Chief Johnson,why don’t you try? | Johnson警长 不如你来试试? |
| [20:07] | Love to. Oh… | 很乐意 哦… |
| [20:11] | Oh,would you look at that — | 你真应该来看看 |
| [20:13] | the mirrors are set perfectly for me. | 反光镜的位置正正好好 |
| [20:19] | Classical-music station. | 古典音乐 |
| [20:20] | Playing Beethoven — | 放的是贝多芬 |
| [20:22] | as everyone knows, the favorite composer for 9 out of 10 car thieves. | 众所周知 10个贼里面有9个都爱贝多芬 |
| [20:27] | Convinced? | 这回信了吧? |
| [20:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
| [20:30] | I’m willing to climb this mountain with you, but in order to get to the top, | 我很愿意跟你一起淌这趟浑水 但是为了能安全上岸 |
| [20:33] | you’re gonna have to prove that Gail Myers’ car was not stolen, | 你要证明Gail Myers的车没有被偷 |
| [20:36] | that she was behind the wheel when Gracey Ann Gates was killed, | 要证明当Gracey Ann Gates被撞死的时候 挡风玻璃后坐的就是她 |
| [20:39] | and if you’re really crazy enough to try to get her on vehicular manslaughter… | 还有如果你真的疯到 想要告她交通肇事杀人… |
| [20:43] | I’m as nutty as a fruitcake. | 我本来就是个疯子 |
| [20:45] | …We’re also gonna have to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, | 我们还需要证明…不存在”合理怀疑” |
| [20:47] | that she was under the influence. | 要在没有血液测试和大脑清醒测试的情况下 |
| [20:50] | Without a blood analysis or a field sobriety test. | 证明她当时处于酒精作用下 |
| [20:53] | How do you plan to do that? | 你打算怎么做? |
| [20:55] | One day at a time. | 走一步看一步 |
| [21:04] | Yes,Lieutenant Flynn? | 你好 Flynn副队? |
| [21:05] | Hi,Chief. | 嗨 头儿 |
| [21:06] | Uh,sorry to be calling so late. | 不好意思这么晚打给你 |
| [21:07] | It’s okay. We’re up. What’s happening? | 没事 我们还没睡 怎么了? |
| [21:10] | Well,it turns out | 我们发现 |
| [21:11] | that the commissioner and Mrs. Myers have a vacation place out in the Hamptons in Long Island. | Myers处长和太太 在长岛的汉普顿 有一处度假屋 |
| [21:16] | You know,a little summer getaway, 8,000 square feet,oceanfront,worth about $12 million. | 你知道 就是那种避暑用的 8000平方英尺大 海景房 价值1200万美元 |
| [21:22] | And this is relevant because…? | 与本案的关系在于…? |
| [21:24] | Because it seems,last summer, | 因为我们发现 去年夏天 |
| [21:25] | Gail Myers got a ticket at 2:15 in the morning outside a bar in Southampton. | Gail Myers于凌晨2点15分 在南汉普顿的一家酒吧外收到过一张罚单 |
| [21:31] | A D.U.I.? | 因为酒后驾车? |
| [21:32] | Her record has been expunged. | 她的记录被一笔勾销了 |
| [21:35] | You know,right about now, | 你知道 现在 |
| [21:36] | it would be really nice to have someone with good connections to national law enforcement. | 如果能找到一个跟国家执法机构 有密切联系的人会很有帮助的 |
| [21:48] | Yes? | 怎么了? |
| [21:49] | Do you know anyone in the Suffolk County sheriff’s department? | 你在萨福克县警局有熟人吗 |
| [21:51] | I know people in the Long Island FBI office. | 我在FBI长岛办事处有熟人 |
| [21:54] | They may know somebody who knows somebody. Why? | 他们可能会有认识的人 怎么了? |
| [21:56] | Gail Myers got a ticket at 2:00 a.m. | Gail Myers在凌晨2点收到过罚单 |
| [21:58] | Outside a bar in Southampton. | 在南汉普顿的一家酒吧外 |
| [22:00] | They buried it. I want it dug up. | 他们遮羞了 而我要把它挖出来 |
| [22:03] | You know,you’re gonna have a hard time proving Gail Myers was in that vehicle, | 如果你要证明Gail Myers当时就在车里 那你的日子会很难过的 |
| [22:07] | let alone your victim’s death being a result of her actions. | 更别提要证明是她导致的被害人死亡了 |
| [22:11] | She was drunk. | 她当时喝醉了 |
| [22:12] | She killed that girl and fled the scene. | 她杀了那女孩 然后逃之夭夭 |
| [22:15] | That’s vehicular manslaughter,hon. | 这是交通肇事杀人 亲爱的 |
| [22:18] | Maybe not. | 也许不是 |
| [22:20] | Why maybe not? | 为什么? |
| [22:22] | Because a previous D.U.I. makes this murder. | 是之前对她酒驾的包庇 才酿成了现在的惨剧 |
| [22:26] | That could have been me behind the wheel of that car… | 我也有可能是坐在那辆肇事车里的人… |
| [22:30] | …just a little before I met you. | 就在我遇到你之前 |
| [22:33] | Yeah,but you did something about your problem. | 嗯 但是你克服了自己的问题 |
| [22:36] | Gail Myers needs an intervention. | Gail Myers需要他人的干预 |
| [22:39] | I’m gonna give her one. | 我会给她的 |
| [22:40] | All right. | 好的 |
| [22:42] | Since she’s the wife of a police commissioner, | 因为她是警务处长的太太 |
| [22:45] | might I make a suggestion as to how you go about questioning them? | 所以我能不能给你个意见 关于如何盘问他们? |
| [22:49] | We’re putting a lot of resources into finding your wife’s car, | 我们正在尽全力寻找您太太的车 |
| [22:52] | and we expect to get it back. | 相信是可以找到的 |
| [22:53] | We appreciate that,Will,but the fact is, we’re fully insured. | 很感谢 但是 Will 我们给车上了保险 |
| [22:56] | We realize that you’re required to look into these issues, | 我们明白你们需要对某些事情进行调查 |
| [22:58] | but grilling our friends about my wife’s drinking habits? | 但是盘问我们的朋友 关于我太太的饮酒习惯? |
| [23:01] | It’s really embarrassing. | 这也太丢人了 |
| [23:03] | I-I understand that,Gail. | 我 我能理解 Gail |
| [23:05] | Look,here’s the deal. | 看 事情是这样的 |
| [23:07] | As you know, | 你们知道 |
| [23:08] | we believe a young woman was run down and killed with your car. | 有一位年轻的女士是被您的车撞死的 |
| [23:12] | And you say you don’t remember exactly when and how your purse went missing. | 然后您说不记得自己的手提包 是在何时何地不见了的 |
| [23:16] | And determining that is a big part of making our case. | 然后确认这部分 对于破案来说十分关键 |
| [23:19] | Well,we may have made this case for you already. | 我们也许已经帮你们破了案了 |
| [23:22] | Really? And how did you do that? | 真的? 你们是如何做到的? |
| [23:25] | Our daughter,Kelly,and her friends posted pictures from our dinner on their Facebook pages. | 我们的女儿 Kelly 还有她的朋友 那天晚上在Facebook上贴了图 |
| [23:31] | Kiss the constitution goodbye. | 和宪法说再见吧 |
| [23:32] | There’s no such thing as privacy anymore. | 这年头已经没有隐私可言了 |
| [23:34] | But good for us because… | 但好消息是… |
| [23:35] | Several of the pictures show a young Latino man | 有几张照片里 出现过一个年轻的拉丁裔男人 |
| [23:39] | with tattoos on his hands standing behind my chair. | 他的手上有纹身 就站在我的椅子后面 |
| [23:43] | – Right there. – Uh-huh. | – 就在这里 – 嗯 |
| [23:45] | There he is again. | 这张里面也有他 |
| [23:48] | Mm-hmm. That my purse strap on the back of my chair. | 对 我的包是挂在椅背上的 |
| [23:52] | Let me just,uh — just write some of this down. | 让我…把这些记下来 |
| [23:56] | So,the — the busboy was at your table, and,uh,go on. | 所以 这个服务员负责你们的桌子 还有…请继续 |
| [24:02] | Well,you know, I went back to the restaurant to check on him, | 好 我回到餐馆去找过他 |
| [24:05] | and I hate to accuse anyone without proof, particularly a minority, | 当然我反对无凭无据的指控谁 尤其是少数族裔 |
| [24:10] | but this guy did not show up for work yesterday… or today. | 但是这个服务员昨天和今天都没有去上班 |
| [24:14] | Probably fled the country by now in what’s left of our car. | 很有可能已经带着我车里的财物逃出境了 |
| [24:17] | On his employment application, they had his name as Jose Reyes — | 在他的工作申请表里 写着他的名字是Jose Reyes |
| [24:22] | R-e-y-e-s. | |
| [24:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [24:28] | Uh,Jay,would you forward those pictures to my e-mail,please? | 哦 Jay 能不能麻烦你 把这些照片发到我邮箱? |
| [24:32] | Done. | 已经发了 |
| [24:34] | I’d forward them to,uh,Chief Johnson, | 我也发给Johnson警长了 |
| [24:36] | but she doesn’t seem very interested in following up anyone other than Gail. | 不过貌似她对Gail以外的其他人 都不太感兴趣 |
| [24:40] | Well,I don’t have to tell you what she’s like. | 她是什么样的人 你肯定比我清楚 |
| [24:43] | I guess you must consider her a valuable asset. | 我想你肯定把她当作是一名重要的下属 |
| [24:45] | Still,all the lawsuits makes you wonder if she’s really worth it. | 不过 诉讼会让你想明白她到底值不值 |
| [24:49] | Not really. | 未必 |
| [24:52] | Gail,excuse me. Uh,before you go, if we could just take one more crack at, | Gail 很抱歉 在你们走之前 我能不能再问一个小细节 |
| [24:55] | uh,nailing down exactly where and when your purse went missing. | 关于你的包是何时何地不见的 |
| [24:59] | You had it in the restaurant — | 你在餐馆时 手提包还在 |
| [25:01] | it’s in the picture — | 照片上有 |
| [25:02] | and your phone and your keys were in it. | 然后你的手机和钥匙都在里面 |
| [25:04] | But then you went out to your car looking for it. | 然后你走了出去 到车里去找包 |
| [25:07] | Obviously,she panicked — | 很明显 她当时慌了神 |
| [25:08] | I’m sorry — Jay,you weren’t there. | 对不起 Jay 你并不在场 |
| [25:09] | These questions are for Gail. | 我要问的是Gail |
| [25:11] | Please don’t interrupt me again. | 请不要再打断我了 |
| [25:16] | You split the bill with your friends. | 你跟你的朋友们是AA制付帐的 |
| [25:17] | Your credit card was in your wallet. | 你的信用卡在钱包里 |
| [25:19] | Your wallet was in your purse. | 钱包在手提包里 |
| [25:20] | So why did you go out to your car looking for it? | 所以你为什么要去车里找手提包呢 |
| [25:25] | What does it matter? | 这有什么关系吗? |
| [25:26] | Well,it’s just that when we find this busboy, | 只是 等我们找到了这个服务员 |
| [25:28] | your version of this theft,as related — | 通过你关于盗窃的叙述 如前面所说的 |
| [25:31] | it’s gonna make it very difficult to get a conviction. | 是很难给他定罪的 |
| [25:34] | If you really want to be helpful, | 如果你真的想帮忙的话 |
| [25:35] | you could say that you don’t remember where you left your purse | 你可以说不记得手提包是放在哪儿的 |
| [25:39] | because you were maybe a little drunk. | 因为当时你可能有点喝醉了 |
| [25:45] | Well,why don’t you find Jose Reyes and ask him what he was high on. | 好吧 不如你去找到Jose Reyes 然后问问他当时是不是醉了 |
| [25:54] | Well,that is our new number-one priority,Gail — | 是啊 眼下这件事情最要紧 Gail |
| [25:56] | finding the busboy. | 找到那个服务员 |
| [26:00] | Oh,and making sure that the responsible party here doesn’t get away | 还有 要确保责任方不会逃脱制裁 |
| [26:03] | because a police commissioner was trying to throw his weight around. | 因为一名警务处长正试图四处施加压力 |
| [26:05] | You know what I mean? | 听得懂吗? |
| [26:12] | A busboy? | 一个服务员? |
| [26:14] | She’s trying to pin this on a busboy with the help of her daughter? | 她打算在自己女儿的帮助下 把矛头指向一个服务员? |
| [26:19] | Well,maybe I should talk to Kelly, see what she remembers. | 好吧 也许我该和Kelly谈谈 看看她都记得点什么 |
| [26:21] | Well,you better do something, ’cause I,uh,lost my temper a little with Myers. | 你最好干得漂亮点 因为我 呃…对Myers发飙了 |
| [26:24] | You’ll feel better once you see this. | 等你看过这个 感觉会好很多的 |
| [26:27] | Okay,Buzz. | 来吧 Buzz |
| [26:30] | – Step out of the car,please. – What? Why? | – 请下车 – 什么 为什么 |
| [26:33] | I need you to step out of the vehicle right now. | 我需要你现在马上就下车 |
| [26:35] | Okay,yeah,you were waiting in that parking lot. | 好吧 你就跟在停车场找车位似的 |
| [26:37] | This is entrapment. | 这是个圈套 |
| [26:38] | Do you know who my husband is? | 你知道我丈夫是谁吗 |
| [26:40] | Step over here. Do you know who my husband is? | – 请过来这里 – 你知道我丈夫是谁吗 |
| [26:42] | Right now. | 马上 |
| [26:42] | Do you know who my husband is?! | 你究竟知不知道我丈夫是谁 |
| [26:44] | Step right over here. | 请立刻走到这里 |
| [26:45] | Okay,I’ve heard enough. | 好吧 真是听够了 |
| [26:49] | How did she get that expunged from her record? | 她是怎么把这个记录注销的? |
| [26:51] | Don’t you know who her husband is? | 你是真的不知道她丈夫是谁么 |
| [26:52] | She paid a fine,took alcohol-aversion classes, | 付点罚款 接受戒酒治疗 |
| [26:54] | made a huge donation to the community center, | 给社区中心捐一大笔钱 |
| [26:56] | and hired a very good lawyer. | 再雇个好律师 |
| [26:58] | And she still went on drinking. | 但是她还在喝酒 |
| [27:00] | Excuse me,Chief Johnson. | 抱歉 Johnson警长 |
| [27:01] | The victim’s parents are on their way up. | 受害人的父母来了 |
| [27:09] | Mr. and Mrs. Gates, I’m Deputy chief Brenda Leigh Johnson. | Gates先生 Gates太太 我是Brenda Leigh Johnson副警长 |
| [27:12] | We’re so deeply sorry for your loss. | 对于您女儿的死 我们真的很遗憾 |
| [27:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [27:17] | We brought the pictures of Gracey you asked for. | 我们把你们所要的Gracey的照片带来了 |
| [27:21] | I hope you find ones that will help you at the trial. | 希望能找到一些对庭审有用的 |
| [27:24] | – Thank you. – Uh,before we go through them… | – 谢谢 – 嗯…在开始看照片之前… |
| [27:26] | Would it be possible to see where our little girl died? | 有没有可能让我们看看 我女儿出事的地方? |
| [27:31] | Of course,yes. Lieutenant? | 当然可以 副队? |
| [27:35] | Right over here by the curb. | 就在人行道路缘旁边 |
| [27:39] | You can see the skid marks from the accident over there. | 你能看见从出事地点到那里的刹车痕迹 |
| [27:41] | Her helmet flew off, and,uh,just so you know, | 她的头盔飞了出来 还有就是希望你知道 |
| [27:44] | Gracey was never in any pain at all. | Gracey并不会感到痛 |
| [27:48] | She didn’t suffer. | 她没有受罪 |
| [27:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [27:51] | And she talked about the two of you at the end. | 她临终前提到了你们 |
| [27:54] | W-what did our Gracey say? | 我们Gracey说了些什么 |
| [27:58] | She said that she was really looking forward to getting home for the holidays | 她说她很期待放假能回家 |
| [28:02] | and that she hoped the accident wouldn’t interfere with that… | 希望不会因为这起事故就去不成了 |
| [28:05] | And that she,uh — she guessed that you were right, | 她还说 你们是对的 |
| [28:09] | because she got hurt riding that motorcycle… | 因为她骑摩托车出了事 |
| [28:12] | And she hoped that you wouldn’t be mad at her. | 她希望你们不要生她气 |
| [28:16] | I’m angry,all right,but not with Gracey. | 我当然生气 但不是生Gracey的气 |
| [28:23] | I want to meet the person who knocked her down and ran away. | 我真想见见那个肇事逃逸的人 |
| [28:26] | That’s what I want. | 我真想见见他 |
| [28:31] | Please,l-let me take you over here to the,uh,rest of the crime scene. | 请容我带您去其他地方看看 |
| [28:35] | Okay? Okay. | – 好吗 – 好的 |
| [28:38] | You all right? You ready? | 你没事吧 还好吗 |
| [28:40] | Yeah,yeah. | 是的 没事 |
| [28:43] | Excuse me,Chief? | 头儿 |
| [28:44] | Could you step with me this way a little ways? | 能否借一步说话 |
| [28:48] | Our guys in I.T. were able to patch Mrs. Myers’ cellphone back together. | IT部门的人复原了Myers太太的手机 |
| [28:51] | She got a very interesting text from her daughter right before the accident. | 就在事故发生前 她刚巧收到了一条她女儿的信息 |
| [28:54] | Oh,for heaven’s sakes,where are my glasses? | 噢 看在上帝的份上 我的眼镜呢 |
| [28:56] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
| [28:59] | “Mom,watch out — | “妈妈 你要当心 |
| [29:00] | D.U.I. checkpoint at Beverly and La Brea.” | 贝弗利和La Brea路上有酒驾检测” |
| [29:04] | Oh,for heaven’s sakes. | 噢 看在上帝的份上 |
| [29:05] | That’s why she drove west,even though she lives east — | 难怪她住在东边却往西开 |
| [29:07] | to avoid the sobriety checkpoint. | 原来是为了躲避酒驾检测 |
| [29:09] | And her daughter helped her do it. | 是她女儿提醒了她 |
| [29:10] | And their daughter died. | 却害死了他们的女儿 |
| [29:12] | But at least we know Mrs. Myers was drunk. | 至少我们知道Myers太太确实喝多了 |
| [29:14] | No,no. We only know that her daughter sent a text. | 不 我们只知道她女儿发了信息 |
| [29:17] | That doesn’t prove that she was impaired or that she was even driving the car. | 这并不能证明她醉酒 甚至无法证明她当时在开车 |
| [29:20] | W-wait a minute. Just wait a minute. | 等等 等一下 |
| [29:21] | I wonder if Mrs. Myers ran a red light somewhere on her way back to the restaurant. | Myers太太在回餐馆的路上 会不会闯红灯了呢 |
| [29:26] | City council suspended traffic-light cameras months ago. | 市议会不是几个月前 就取消闯红灯摄像了么 |
| [29:29] | Yeah,in L.A.,but in West Hollywood, they still have them, | 是的 那是在洛杉矶 但是西好莱坞并没有取消 |
| [29:32] | which is the direction Mrs. Myers was driving. | 在Myers太太行进的方向上 |
| [29:34] | And they still use photo enforcement. | 仍然有闯红灯摄像 |
| [29:37] | Mrs. Myers was drunk. She just smashed into someone. | Myers太太喝多了 她撞了人之后 |
| [29:40] | She fled the scene of the accident. | 飞速逃离现场 |
| [29:42] | Wouldn’t it be wonderful if she run a red light? | 她完全有可能闯红灯 |
| [29:44] | Something you’d never know without asking. | 不问问怎么知道 |
| [29:45] | Yeah,this is Detective David Gabriel, L.A.P.D.,Major Crimes. | 我是David Gabriel警探 洛城警局重案组的 |
| [29:49] | Can you patch me through | 能否劳您帮我转接 |
| [29:50] | to the head of your traffic division,please? | 你们交通支队负责人的电话 |
| [29:57] | We have her in the car 30 seconds after the hit-and-run. | 照片是在事故发生后30秒拍摄的 她当时在车里 |
| [30:00] | Fantastic. Still manslaughter. | 好极了 还是过失杀人 |
| [30:02] | Between the bar tab,the phone text, the prints,the bloodwork? | 酒吧收据 短信 指纹 血液检查 这还不足以说明问题吗 |
| [30:05] | That’s all great,but we still cannot prove she was legally over the limit | 这些证据很了不起 但没有及时的血样和尿液检验 |
| [30:09] | without a concurrent blood or urine test — period. | 我们仍无法证明她饮酒过量 |
| [30:12] | Plus,she’s probably had cocktails with every judge in town. | 此外 她恐怕跟所有的法官都有些交情 |
| [30:15] | Look,we have her for the hit-and-run. | 听着 我们能证明她肇事逃逸 |
| [30:17] | We have her for filing a false report of her car being stolen. | 并谎称车辆被窃 |
| [30:21] | We will get her off the streets. | 我们可以逮捕她 |
| [30:22] | She will do real time. | 她很快就会进监狱 |
| [30:24] | Look,when was the last time you saw a powerful person go to jail for hit-and-run? | 你几时见过有权势的人因肇事逃逸入狱了 |
| [30:27] | She’ll go to rehab in Malibu. | 她会被送去马里布的戒酒所 |
| [30:29] | She’ll go to community service. | 她会去做社区服务 |
| [30:30] | She’ll go to therapy. She’ll go on probation. | 她会接受治疗 会被判缓刑 |
| [30:32] | And then she’s gonna go to a bar, and we’re gonna have to do this all over again. | 然后又会回到酒吧 而我们 又会重复这一切 |
| [30:36] | Manslaughter is now a slam dunk. | 告她过失杀人将万无一失 |
| [30:39] | We risk it all by going for murder. | 但若想以谋杀罪名起诉 很可能一无所获 |
| [30:41] | Chief,I was just on the street with the victim’s parents, | 警长 我刚才还和受害者的父母在一起 |
| [30:44] | showing them the bloodstain where their daughter died. | 给他们看死去的女儿留下的血迹 |
| [30:46] | If we could get those two in front of a jury — | 如果我们能让他们出庭… |
| [30:48] | Andy,believe me — | Andy 相信我… |
| [30:49] | I’m sure the parents are very effective, | 我知道父母能打动陪审团 |
| [30:51] | but I also guarantee you they will never be allowed to testify. | 但是我敢向你保证 法庭不会允许他们出庭作证的 |
| [30:54] | He’s right,Lieutenant. | 他说得对 副队 |
| [30:56] | If we’re gonna make use of the parents, we need to do it now. | 要想利用他们 得趁现在 |
| [31:04] | I can’t believe you found Jose Reyes so quickly. | 我简直不敢相信 你们这么快就找到了Jose Reyes |
| [31:07] | Did he admit anything? | 他招了吗 |
| [31:09] | What is he saying? | 他说什么了 |
| [31:10] | What they all say — | 还不是老一套 |
| [31:12] | “I’m innocent. You’ve got the wrong guy.” | “我什么也没干 你们抓错人了” |
| [31:14] | But we’re just on the verge of putting together all the details. | 但是事情已经快要水落石出了 |
| [31:17] | Now,I’m gonna have to separate y’all, if you don’t mind, | 现在恐怕你们俩得分开一会儿 你们不介意吧 |
| [31:20] | so that you can independently verify everything. | 这样你们可以分别说明一下情况 |
| [31:23] | – Separate? – Yes. | – 得分开? – 是的 |
| [31:25] | Kelly,go with Chief Johnson,if you will,please. | Kelly 请跟Johnson警长过去一趟 |
| [31:27] | Mrs. Myers,will you come with me? | Myers太太 请跟我来 |
| [31:29] | All right. Go on. | 没问题 去吧 |
| [31:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| [31:39] | This way,Kelly. | 这边请 Kelly |
| [31:39] | I hope you don’t mind,uh,sharing space. | 希望你不要介意 房间里还有别人 |
| [31:43] | It’s a little crowded up here. Here we go. | 会有些挤 来吧 |
| [31:48] | Ah,this is Mr. and Mrs. Gates. | 这两位是Gates夫妇 |
| [31:50] | They’re the victim’s parents. | 他们是受害者的父母 |
| [31:53] | We asked them to sort through some photos of their daughter for us. | 我们请他们提供一些女儿的照片 |
| [31:56] | I-it’s always good for the jury to — | 因为陪审团可能会需要 |
| [31:59] | to have a human face | 看一看受害者的长相 |
| [32:00] | to go along with the story that we tell them at trial. | 以便于在法庭上听我们叙述情况 |
| [32:03] | Oh,I-I’m sorry,Mr. and Mrs. Gates,this is Kelly. | 抱歉 Gates夫妇 这位是Kelly |
| [32:06] | Kelly is a potential witness in your daughter’s case. | Kelly可能是这起案件的潜在证人 |
| [32:12] | What a — what a great photo. | 这照片多棒啊 |
| [32:15] | Is this,uh,high-school graduation? | 这是 高中毕业典礼? |
| [32:18] | Well,now,that’s one with the cap on, but I like the one without better. | 是的 那张是戴帽子的 我更喜欢不戴帽子的这张 |
| [32:21] | It’s — where is it? | 在哪来着 |
| [32:23] | Where is it? | 在哪呢 |
| [32:24] | I think I saw it. | 找到了 |
| [32:25] | Oh,yeah. | 是的 |
| [32:28] | Here. | 这张 |
| [32:33] | She did her hair up for it. | 她特意去做了头发 |
| [32:38] | Well,Kelly,why don’t you, | 那么 Kelly 要不… |
| [32:40] | uh,why don’t you have a seat right here? | 你就在这儿坐一会儿 好吗 |
| [32:42] | And if you folks will excuse me,I’m gonna step out for a bit. | 失陪 我得出去一趟 |
| [32:46] | If you would just — just keep sorting through the photos. | 你们继续整理一下照片好吗 |
| [32:50] | Yeah,we will. We will. | 好的 我们会的 |
| [32:58] | We asked the victims’ families to pick out a photo or two, and they always bring in every picture they have. | 我们让受害者家属挑一两张照片 可他们总会把所有的都带来 |
| [33:06] | At least we’re putting them to good use. | 至少我们利用他们做了好事 |
| [33:09] | Call me when Kelly’s had enough,would you? | Kelly受不了了 就来叫我 |
| [33:11] | Yes,ma’am. | 是 长官 |
| [33:20] | Candy bar? | 糖果条? |
| [33:21] | No,thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
| [33:24] | You know,when I first quit drinking, I practically lived on these things. | 你知道么 我最开始戒酒的时候 就是靠这玩意儿度日的 |
| [33:27] | Your body gets used to the sugar from the booze,you know? | 因为身体习惯了酒精里的糖分 |
| [33:31] | When did you quit drinking? | 你什么时候戒的酒? |
| [33:33] | I’ve been in A.A. for 15 years now. | 我在嗜酒者互诫协会呆了有15年了 |
| [33:36] | Got down to a choice between the badge and the bottle. | 警徽和酒瓶子二者不可兼得 |
| [33:39] | And the badge didn’t make me feel like crap when I woke up in the morning. | 而警徽至少不会让我每天醒来时 觉得自己是个混蛋 |
| [33:43] | Well,good for you and your higher power. | 很好啊 很有决心 |
| [33:46] | If your body can’t tolerate alcohol, you should give it up. | 如果你的身体吃不消酒精了 你就该戒掉 |
| [33:49] | Glad you figured it out. | 你能想通这一点很好 |
| [33:53] | I didn’t figure anything out. | 我没想通任何事 |
| [33:56] | I just quit drinking. | 只是戒了酒罢了 |
| [33:59] | I’ll be back in a minute,ma’am. | 我去去就来 |
| [34:10] | Is it Kelly? | 你叫Kelly是吗 |
| [34:11] | Yeah,Kelly. | 是的 Kelly |
| [34:17] | How old are you? | 你多大了? |
| [34:18] | Um,17. | 17岁 |
| [34:21] | That’s — that’s almost our daughter’s age. | 跟我们女儿年纪相仿 |
| [34:25] | Well… | 呃… |
| [34:27] | There’s some shots of her,if you want to — | 这儿有些她的照片 如果你想… |
| [34:30] | that’s,uh… | 这张是… |
| [34:31] | She’s so beautiful. | 她美极了 |
| [34:32] | W-where was that? | 这是在哪照的? |
| [34:34] | Uh,we went down to Corpus Christi. | 我们去Corpus Christi的那次 |
| [34:37] | Oh,that’s right. Yeah. | 噢对 没错 |
| [34:38] | She was 4 then. | 那时候她才4岁 |
| [34:39] | She really liked the beach and stuff, ’cause we didn’t go very often, | 她爱极了那儿的沙滩啊什么的 因为我们很少去 |
| [34:43] | but that trip,she… | 但那回 她… |
| [34:45] | That’s the trip she… | 那是她… |
| [35:11] | Kelly,this is,uh,Detective Sanchez. | Kelly 这位是Sanchez警探 |
| [35:13] | He’s going to help us look at those pictures I told you about. | 记得我跟你提过的那些照片吗 一会儿看的时候他会协助我们 |
| [35:16] | Why don’t you have a seat? | 坐吧 |
| [35:22] | Why don’t we start with the,uh,photos from the accident? | 我们就从车祸现场的照片开始吧 |
| [35:38] | Oh,my God. | 噢 上帝啊 |
| [35:39] | Sorry to put you through this,Kelly, | 很抱歉要给你看这些 Kelly |
| [35:40] | but it’s important that you understand what happened to Gracey. | 但你得了解Gracey身上发生的事 |
| [35:44] | Anything that you need me to,I can explain. | 如果你需要解释 我随时效劳 |
| [35:47] | But,you see,the victim’s helmet came off when your mom ran into her. | 如你所见 当你母亲撞到她的时候 她的头盔掉了下来 |
| [35:52] | When my mom ran into her? | 当我妈妈撞到她的时候? |
| [35:55] | Is that what you just said? | 你刚才是这么说的? |
| [35:57] | This… | 这张… |
| [35:58] | Is your mom running a red light. | 是你妈妈闯红灯时被拍到的 |
| [36:02] | You notice the time code? | 注意到时间了吗 |
| [36:03] | That was less than 30 seconds after the hit-and-run | 是在事故发生后不到30秒 |
| [36:06] | and eight blocks from where Gracey lost her — | 距Gracey出事的地点仅八个街区 |
| [36:09] | My mom said her car was stolen. | 我妈说她的车子被偷了 |
| [36:11] | She lied to you,Kelly, ’cause that’s what drunks do. | 她骗你的 Kelly 她当时喝多了 |
| [36:16] | You knew she was drunk,didn’t you? | 你知道她喝多了 是不是? |
| [36:20] | This is your mom’s cellphone. | 这是你妈妈的手机 |
| [36:21] | And this is a text that you sent to your mom a few minutes before the hit-and-run. | 就在事故发生前几分钟 你发了一条短信给她 |
| [36:27] | And this is the route that your mom took home after you warned her about the sobriety checkpoints. | 在你提醒她小心酒驾检测之后 她按这条线路驱车回家 |
| [36:36] | She drove west even though you live east, and this is where the accident happened. | 她一路往西行使 尽管你们住在东边 而这就是车祸发生的地点 |
| [36:42] | Now,look,Kelly, it’s only natural to want to protect your mother. | 听着 Kelly 你想袒护自己的母亲是很正常的 |
| [36:45] | I wasn’t trying to protect my mother. | 我并不是想袒护我妈妈 |
| [36:48] | I was trying to protect my dad. | 我只是想保护爸爸 |
| [36:51] | He said if she got one more D.U.I., then it would really hurt his career. | 他说如果妈妈再有一次酒驾记录 就会影响到他的前程 |
| [36:55] | But he is never home. | 但他从不回家 |
| [36:56] | He’s always working. | 他总是在工作 |
| [36:57] | And I’m the one who has to watch her. | 所以要靠我管着她 |
| [37:01] | One time,I-I found her in the garage just passed out in her own vomit. | 有一回 我在车库里发现 她躺在自己的呕吐物上 |
| [37:06] | Your mom’s lucky. | 你妈妈是幸运的 |
| [37:07] | She could have died in the accident,too. | 她本也有可能在那起车祸中丧命 |
| [37:09] | Maybe next time,she will… | 也许下一次 她就没这么走运 |
| [37:11] | Unless you help us. | 除非你帮助我们 |
| [37:12] | I can’t help you. | 我没法儿帮你 |
| [37:14] | How can I help you? | 我能怎么帮呢 |
| [37:15] | By telling us how much your mom had to drink on the night of the accident. | 告诉我们 你妈妈在车祸那晚喝了多少酒 |
| [37:18] | We can stop her from ever doing this again. | 我们能阻止她继续这样下去 |
| [37:20] | I promise you,Kelly, we can help save your mom’s life, | 我向你保证 Kelly 我们能拯救你妈妈 |
| [37:24] | but we need your help to do it. | 但我们需要你的帮助 |
| [37:42] | Mom had,uh… | 妈妈在家喝了 呃… |
| [37:45] | Three glasses of vodka at home, | 三杯伏特加 |
| [37:48] | like she usually does before we go,um… | 每次出门前她都这样 |
| [37:51] | Anywhere,actually. | 不管去哪 |
| [37:56] | Um,and,uh,then at the restaurant, she had a lot to drink there,too. | 后来在餐馆 她又喝了很多 |
| [38:02] | Um,she wasn’t slurring or anything, like she usually does, | 像平时一样 她没有混酒什么的 |
| [38:05] | but she was really bombed. | 但她还是喝醉了 |
| [38:09] | Oh,my God. | 噢 天呐 |
| [38:11] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我不好 |
| [38:14] | It’s my fault this poor girl got killed. | 是我把这个姑娘害死的 |
| [38:17] | It’s my fault. | 全是我的错 |
| [38:17] | No,no,Kelly,it’s not your fault, but I understand why you feel that way. | 不 Kelly 这不是你的错 但我能理解你的想法 |
| [38:22] | I’m — I’m married to a recovering alcoholic, and he’d be the first to say | 我丈夫过去嗜酒如命 他比谁都爱喝 |
| [38:26] | that addicts are great at making the rest of us feel responsible for their mistakes. | 却让我们为他们的错误买单 |
| [38:32] | Your husband was — | 你丈夫曾经… |
| [38:33] | An alcoholic,yes. | 是个酒鬼 没错 |
| [38:37] | And now he is the most thoroughly decent and wonderful man i’ve ever known. | 但现在 他是我见过最正派最完美的男人 |
| [38:44] | But he tells me all the time that he’s just one drink away from losing it all, | 他总是对我说 也许就是一杯之差 他就会失去这一切 |
| [38:48] | and he needs help staying sober. | 他需要我们帮助他清醒 |
| [38:52] | Mom’s too proud to ask for help. | 妈妈太骄傲了 从不会求别人 |
| [38:54] | I promise you — | 我向你保证… |
| [38:56] | I’m gonna get your mom to stop drinking if it’s the last thing I do. | 我一定会竭尽所能 让你妈妈戒酒 |
| [39:06] | – Mom had,uh… – Three glasses of vodka at home, | 妈妈在家喝了 呃…三杯伏特加 |
| [39:11] | like she usually does before we go,um… | 每次出门前她都这样 |
| [39:14] | Anywhere,actually. | 不管去哪 |
| [39:17] | Um,and,uh,then at the restaurant, she had a lot to drink there,too. | 后来在餐馆 她又喝了很多 |
| [39:23] | A lot to drink. | 很多 |
| [39:25] | Um,she wasn’t slurring or anything, like she usually does,but she was really bombed. | 像平时一样 她没有混酒什么的 但她还是喝醉了 |
| [39:32] | Oh,my God. | 噢 天呐 |
| [39:33] | It’s my fault this poor girl got killed. | 是我把这个姑娘害死的 |
| [39:36] | It’s my fault. | 全是我的错 |
| [39:36] | No — | 不… |
| [39:38] | Jay,I want a lawyer. | Jay 我需要一名律师 |
| [39:40] | Then you’d better call one. | 那你就自己找一个来 |
| [39:42] | Chief Pope,Chief Johnson, I appreciate how difficult this investigation has been for you. | Pope警长 Johnson警长 进行此番调查 你们辛苦了 |
| [39:48] | I’m not gonna force our daughter to take the stand | 我不会让我的女儿出庭作证 |
| [39:50] | and watch this horror show you’ve created play out on the 6:00 news. | 见证6点档新闻上你制造的这桩惨剧 |
| [39:53] | Mm,so that’s what this is all about,isn’t it? | 就这样? |
| [39:57] | Your career. | 为了你的事业是吧 |
| [39:58] | You don’t care what happens to me. | 你根本不在乎我 |
| [40:00] | You didn’t care about that poor girl you ran over and left to die in the street. | 是你根本不在乎那个横尸街头的女孩子 |
| [40:03] | Jay. Jay! Jay… | |
| [40:06] | You get me an attorney, or I swear to God,I’ll get my own, | 你得帮我找个律师 否则 我发誓我会自己找一个 |
| [40:11] | and I will sue you. | 来起诉你 |
| [40:13] | I have given my whole life for this marriage. | 我把我的一生都献给了这段婚姻 |
| [40:16] | I will not let you screw me on this. | 我不会让你就这样丢下我 |
| [40:18] | Oh,you think I’m bluffing? | 你以为我是在吓唬你吗 |
| [40:20] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
| [40:21] | I’m going to resign | 我去辞职 |
| [40:22] | and then get our daughter home. | 然后带我们女儿回家 |
| [40:23] | Oh,my God. | 噢 上帝啊 |
| [40:26] | That poor girl. | 那个可怜的姑娘 |
| [40:28] | God,Gail! God! | 上帝啊 Gail! 我的天呐 |
| [40:30] | Jay. Jay! | |
| [40:32] | Jay,you can’t just leave me here like this. | Jay 你不能就这样丢下我 |
| [40:33] | – Mrs. Myers,please. – He’s coming back. | – Myers太太 – 他会回来的 |
| [40:34] | Jay. Jay! | |
| [40:36] | I am not an alcoholic. | 我不是个酒鬼 |
| [40:41] | Okay. | 是嘛 |
| [40:43] | But you are definitely a murderer. | 但你绝对是个谋杀犯 |
| [40:46] | Gail Myers,you have the right to remain silent. | Gail Myers 你有权保持沉默 |
| [40:48] | No,no. | 不 不 |
| [40:48] | – It was an accident. – If you give up that right… | – 那只是一起意外 – 若你放弃这个权利… |
| [40:50] | No. I mean,I didn’t mean to hurt anybody. | 不 我是说 我没想伤害任何人 |
| [40:52] | …anything you say can and will be used against you… | 你所说的一切都将作为呈堂证供 |
| [40:54] | All right,I’ll get treatment. I’ll go to rehab. | 好吧 我会接受治疗 我去戒酒 |
| [40:56] | …In a court of law. You have the right to — | 你有权… |
| [40:57] | I’ll stop! Look,okay,okay! | 我不喝了! 还不行吗 |
| [40:59] | Look! Hold on! | 听着! 等一下! |
| [41:00] | I-I-if this — if this is how it has to be… | 如果非这样不可… |
| [41:06] | …I… | …我… |
| [41:09] | I will get help… | 我会接受帮助… |
| [41:12] | …if you think that I should. | …如果你们想让我这么做 |
| [41:15] | I will get help. | 我会接受帮助 |
| [41:18] | And who will help Gracey Ann Gates? | 那Gracey Ann Gates呢 谁能帮得了她 |
| [41:23] | Lieutenant. | 副队 |
| [41:25] | Don’t you worry,Mrs. Myers. | 别担心 Myers太太 |
| [41:27] | We’re going to get you some help. | 我们会帮你的 |
| [41:40] | Jay may be stepping down,but…Let’s not kid ourselves. | 我们别自欺欺人了 也许Jay会离任 |
| [41:44] | Arresting a police commissioner’s wife is not gonna make us heroes around here. | 但逮捕警务处长夫人对我们可没什么好处 |
| [41:48] | How much worse can it get? | 能有什么后果呢 |
| [41:50] | I mean,really. | 不是吗 |
| [41:54] | I guess we’ll see. | 我们走着瞧吧 |