时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Justice… That’s why I went to law school. | 伸张正义 这是驱使我学习法律的源动力 |
[00:05] | I guess I really just always… | 我真的很想 |
[00:07] | Wanted to help people… to really help people. | 想去帮助人们 真正的去帮助人们 |
[00:11] | A practical exhibition of sympathy. | 一个切实展现同情心的平台 |
[00:14] | That’s what my grandfather called the law. | 这就是我祖父眼中的法律 |
[00:16] | He was a federal judge. It’s on my resume. | 他曾是一名联邦法官 我的简历上有写 |
[00:19] | I believe in the quest for truth. | 我坚信法律可以寻求真理 |
[00:22] | And I want to meet women. | 还有就是我想结识女人 |
[00:24] | Biggest flaw? | 最大的缺点吗 |
[00:25] | If I had to choose one I’d say… | 如果非得说一个的话 我会说 |
[00:27] | I’m a perfectionist. | 我是一名完美主义者 |
[00:28] | Ambition. | 野心 |
[00:30] | Women. | 女人 |
[00:31] | – All in I owe about $150 000… – $200 000. | -我大概欠15万美金 -20万美金 |
[00:33] | $300 000 of educational debt. | 30万美金的学费债务 |
[00:36] | My father endowed a chair at Stanford. | 我父亲是斯坦福大学的捐赠人之一 |
[00:38] | Technically they owe us. | 确切的说 是他们欠我们 |
[00:40] | Look I know this is a huge opportunity. | 我知道这是个千载难逢的好机会 |
[00:42] | I guess I just need some more time to think. | 可我还需要点时间去仔细考虑 |
[00:45] | Well as I’m sure you’re well aware | 我想你们都知道 |
[00:47] | each year Sterling screens over a thousand applicants | 斯特林事务所每年收到的申请超过一千份 |
[00:50] | and we choose four… | 而我们只录取4名 |
[00:51] | Four…From the finest law schools worldwide. | 从全世界最好的法学院中录取4名 |
[00:55] | Now we nurture shape and guide those associates | 我们栽培 提拔 指导这些初级律师 |
[00:58] | into becoming the best damn lawyers they can possibly be. | 尽可能将他们塑造为最好的职业律师 |
[01:01] | This is your lucky chance | 这是你们绝佳的机会 |
[01:03] | your break in the clouds your four-leaf clover. | 是你们黑暗中的曙光 是你们的四叶草 |
[01:06] | The only question is… | 唯一的问题就是 |
[01:08] | are you gonna think your life away | 你们是想毕生碌碌无为 |
[01:10] | or you gonna sack up and grab opportunity’s… | 还是想拿出勇气开启这扇 |
[01:14] | doorknob? | 机遇之门 |
[01:26] | Three months later | 三个月后 |
[01:43] | Hi. I’m Dylan Hewitt | 你好 我是迪兰·赫威特 |
[01:46] | one of the new first-year associates. | 是今年招的新人律师之一 |
[01:47] | Well what the hell are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[01:49] | Rowdy hey. I know I’m a few minutes early… | 劳迪 我知道我早到了几分钟 |
[01:51] | Early? You’re 10 days late. | 还早 你都迟到10天了 |
[01:55] | No. I can’t be late. | 不可能 我不可能迟到 |
[01:57] | Your note said the start date was the 10th. | 你发的通知上写着报到日期是10号 |
[01:59] | My note said the start date was the 1st. | 我发的通知上写的报到日期是1号 |
[02:02] | Look. Here it is. See you wrote “see you on the 10th. “ | 你看 你在这上面写着”10号见” |
[02:05] | Finger-pointing is no way to make friends. | 总是责备别人是交不到朋友的 |
[02:07] | Now if I were you | 如果我是你 |
[02:08] | I’d be thinking about what I’m gonna tell the prince of darkness. | 我现在就会琢磨怎么去跟黑暗王子交待 |
[02:11] | Who’s the “prince of darkness”? | “黑暗王子”是谁 |
[02:12] | What about opportunity’s doorknob? | 你不是说这是机遇之门吗 |
[02:15] | I’m sorry. Dylan Hewitt. | 抱歉 我是迪兰·赫威特 |
[02:17] | Beth Branford. Fellow first-year. | 我是贝希·布莱弗德 也是今年的新人 |
[02:19] | You are incredibly late. | 你迟到得太夸张了 |
[02:20] | Yeah Rowdy accidentally misinformed me about the date. | 是啊 劳迪不小心把通知上的日期写错了 |
[02:23] | I wouldn’t be so sure it was an accident. | 我可不太相信这是个意外 |
[02:25] | Half of what they do here is to keep you off-balance. | 他们的一部分工作就是打乱你的节奏 |
[02:27] | It’s how they gain control. | 这样他们才能控制你 |
[02:28] | “Gain control”? | 控制我吗 |
[02:29] | That’s not… Rowdy said they would nurture me. | 劳迪不是说他们会栽培我吗 |
[02:32] | Dylan wake up. | 迪兰 醒醒吧 |
[02:33] | Law school is history. | 法学院的生活已成为历史 |
[02:34] | We’re first-years… | 我们现在是新人 |
[02:35] | Grunts doormats newbies | 是低微的小卒 受气包 菜鸟 |
[02:37] | barely worth the partners’ time | 几乎不值得合伙人在我们身上浪费时间 |
[02:39] | yet expected to perform flawlessly. | 可他们却要求我们表现的完美无缺 |
[02:41] | And here’s where you live. | 这就是你的办公室 |
[02:43] | Don’t you bloody knock? | 你们不会敲门吗 |
[02:45] | Dylan Hewitt this is Liam Priory. | 迪兰·赫威特 这是黎姆·普拉利 |
[02:47] | Dylan Hewitt! My office mate! | 你就是迪兰·赫威特啊 我的办公室伙伴 |
[02:50] | Sorry about the wedding tackle. | 不好意思 让你们看见我衣衫不整的 |
[02:51] | I was just getting changed for court. | 我正打算更衣去法庭 |
[02:53] | I’m Erin Conway. | 我是艾玲·康威 |
[02:54] | Ah this is Erin Conway… a secretary. | 对了 这是艾玲·康威 是个秘书 |
[02:56] | My secretary. | 我的秘书 |
[02:58] | Yeah she’s just revising this motion. | 没错 她只是在修改这项议案 |
[03:00] | I’ll get on that right away. | 我马上就去 |
[03:01] | Looks like you already have. | 看来你已经修改好了 |
[03:05] | Liam you’ve got to help me. | 黎姆 你得帮我个忙 |
[03:07] | Ah Addy Fisher meet Dylan Hewitt. | 艾迪·费舍尔 这位是迪兰·赫威特 |
[03:09] | The fourth musketeer. | 第四个火枪手 |
[03:10] | 大仲马小说《三个火枪手》中的人物 此处是指他将来会有所作为 | |
[03:12] | Oh. Uh that’s Robert. | 呃 是罗伯特打来的 |
[03:14] | I’m behind on a brief for him and it’s got to be perfect. | 我等会要个他做简报 而且不能有半点差错 |
[03:16] | Last week I made one small mistake. | 上周我犯了一个小错误 |
[03:18] | He yelled at me until the smoke alarm went off. | 他的火气把烟雾警报器都触响了 |
[03:20] | Blow this one | 你这次再搞砸的话 |
[03:21] | he’ll send you straight to the prince of darkness. | 他就会直接把你送给黑暗王子 |
[03:22] | Who is this prince of darkness? | 这位黑暗王子到底是谁 |
[03:23] | – Firefighters with cancer? – Yeah. | -一群身患癌症的消防员 -没错 |
[03:25] | Screw firefighters with cancer. | 去他的消防员们 |
[03:27] | They’re worthy clients Cliff. | 他们是值得接手的客户 克里夫 |
[03:28] | And I’m head litigation partner | 我是掌管诉讼部门的合伙人 |
[03:30] | so no matter what you say | 所以不管你怎么说 |
[03:31] | I’m taking the damn case. | 这该死的案子我接定了 |
[03:32] | Fine. You’re just gonna have to do a little client maintenance | 行啊 只要你能多拉点客户 |
[03:35] | for some paying accounts. | 维持集团收益就行 |
[03:37] | So tomorrow you’re going to the Adler Briss. | 所以 明天你得去找艾德勒·布里斯 |
[03:39] | Seriously Cliff | 说真的 克里夫 |
[03:41] | what do you want from me? | 你到底要我怎么样 |
[03:42] | Just what any good managing partner wants… | 和其他任何一个资深合伙人一样 |
[03:44] | for his firm to run like a business | 希望自己的事务所能像一家公司 |
[03:46] | not a soup kitchen. | 而不是玩过家家 |
[03:49] | Oh I get it. You’re worried ’cause Hart’s coming back. | 我懂了 哈特的回归让你忧心忡忡了 |
[03:53] | – Worried? – Yeah. | -忧心忡忡 -没错 |
[03:54] | When he left this place was coasting on its reputation. | 他离开时 这家事务所的业绩正在下滑 |
[03:57] | Now we are now three times as profitable as the day he threw me the keys. | 而现在我们的盈利是他离开时的三倍 |
[04:00] | You might not be so worried | 如果你做出了更好的选择 |
[04:01] | if you made better choices. | 也许你就不会么这忧虑了 |
[04:02] | Sweetheart those choices made you a very wealthy woman | 亲爱的 那些选择使你成了个富婆 |
[04:05] | so I expect just a little bit of loyalty. | 我只是希望你对我忠诚一些 |
[04:07] | Loyalty? That’s rich coming from you. | 忠诚 我的财富是拜你所赐 |
[04:10] | I’m sorry. Are we still talking about the firm | 抱歉 我们是在谈事务所的问题吗 |
[04:13] | or have we moved on to the marriage? | 还是在讨论婚姻问题 |
[04:14] | I’d like to know. If you’re going to accuse me of disloyalty | 如果你要指控我不忠诚 |
[04:17] | I’d like to know if it’s coming from Susan the partner | 我想知道是作为合伙人的那个苏珊 |
[04:18] | or Susan the wife. | 还是作为妻子的那个苏珊 |
[04:20] | – Fine. As your wife… – Yeah?… | -好吧 作为你的妻子 -怎么了 |
[04:22] | I feel like you’ve been distant… | 我感到你离我越来越远 |
[04:24] | – Preoccupied… – Fine… | -你被其他事情所占据 -好的 |
[04:25] | Emotionally unavailable. | 我无法和你进行情感交流 |
[04:27] | All right that’s kind of hard to hear but you’re right. | 听到这些有点难过 不过你说得对 |
[04:29] | No I haven’t been there. | 我是没有陪伴在你身边 |
[04:30] | That’s because I’ve been here. | 那是因为我得在这工作 |
[04:31] | I’ve been working day and night to turn this firm… | 为了让这所事务所 为了让我们的事务所 |
[04:34] | to turn our firm… into an unstoppable winning machine. | 成为常胜将军 我没日没夜的工作 |
[04:37] | And if Hart disagrees for one second | 如果哈特对我在他不在这段时间 |
[04:39] | any choice I’ve made in his absence | 做出的任何选择有任何不满 |
[04:41] | then I will gladly throw him these. | 那我甘愿把这个还给他 |
[04:44] | You satisfied? | 满意了吗 |
[04:46] | I’m never satisfied. | 还差得远 |
[04:48] | You see? That is what I love about you. | 知道吗 我爱的就是你这点 |
[04:55] | So are you married yet? | 你结婚了吗 |
[04:57] | Um no. I- I dated at Columbia but… | 没 我大学时跟人约会过 不过… |
[04:59] | She doesn’t mean an actual relationship. | 她说的不是真的结婚 |
[05:01] | We work 24/7. | 我们一天到晚都在工作 |
[05:02] | We don’t have time for romance. | 没有时间谈恋爱 |
[05:03] | I meant ‘married’ as in ‘married to a matter’. | 我说的结婚是指结个”工作婚” |
[05:06] | It’s Sterling-speak for ‘assigned to a case’. | 在斯特林事务所 就是指分配工作任务 |
[05:08] | You live with it you sleep with it it flushes | 醒来工作 梦里也工作 |
[05:10] | the toilet while you’re in the shower. | 甚至洗澡的时候也得工作 |
[05:11] | Sorry. You paged me? | 抱歉 你找过我吗 |
[05:13] | Oh Katie. I have these two pieces of busywork… | 凯特 我有两份作业 |
[05:15] | one for Robert one for Susan. | 一份要给罗伯特 一份要给苏珊 |
[05:18] | And if it’s not done by the next time I see him… | 如果下次我见到他时还没完成 |
[05:20] | We all remember the smoke alarm. | 烟雾报警器的事儿绝对令人难以忘怀 |
[05:21] | Katie’s our senior paralegal. | 凯特是这儿的高级律师助理 |
[05:22] | This is Dylan Hewitt. | 这位是迪兰·赫威特 |
[05:24] | So you’re the one who makes us look good. | 你就是帮我们往脸上贴金的人啊 |
[05:25] | You don’t need any help with that. | 你已经金光闪闪了 |
[05:27] | Uh I meant because of your legal brilliance… | 呃 我是指你出色的法律才能 |
[05:30] | not because of anything else. I have a boyfriend. | 绝对没别的意思 我有男朋友了 |
[05:33] | Oh looks like the partners’ meeting has officially adjourned | 看起来同事见面会正式告一段落了 |
[05:35] | which means…Food! | 也就是说…吃饭时间到 |
[05:37] | Oh good. I’m starving. | 哦耶 我饿死了 |
[05:40] | Great job guys. We’ll take it from here. | 谢谢送饭 交给我们吧 |
[05:42] | They’re probably pulling out all the stops | 大家都竭尽全力 |
[05:44] | because Hart Sterling is back. | 估计是因为哈特·斯特林回来了 |
[05:46] | Seriously? Hart Sterling? | 你说真的吗 哈特·斯特林 |
[05:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:47] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[05:48] | I don’t see what the big deal is. | 我觉得没什么大不了的 |
[05:50] | He’s everything I want to be. | 他是我的终极目标 |
[05:51] | He’s a brilliant litigator | 他是个超级出色的诉讼律师 |
[05:52] | a civil-rights champion. | 是个民权捍卫者 |
[05:54] | Yeah I hear he can kill the opposing | 我还听说他能用大脑光波 |
[05:56] | counsel at 50 yards with mind bullets. | 让50码外的辩方律师毙命 |
[05:58] | It’s not complicated Cliff. | 这并不复杂 克里夫 |
[06:00] | I’m simply saying that there’s more to a practice than | 我只是觉得律师需要做更多切实的工作 |
[06:02] | representing corporations and sovereign wealth funds. | 而不只是为大企业和国家财富基金代言 |
[06:05] | We need to help some regular people…people | 老百姓也需要我们 |
[06:07] | with a grievance people with a problem. | 有冤情 有难处的普通人 |
[06:08] | Hart with all due respect | 哈特 恕我直言 |
[06:10] | there is no money in people. | 老百姓那里挣不到钱 |
[06:12] | Taking on a few pro bono cases is not just good for society. | 做一些无偿援助 不仅有益于社会 |
[06:15] | It’s good for business. | 对我们的生意也有益无害 |
[06:16] | My father understood that. He built this practice on… | 我父亲深知这点 他由此开展事业 |
[06:18] | Your father built this firm on big-money clients.. | 你父亲是靠着大客户们才创建了这家公司 |
[06:21] | clients you let slide when Jessica took ill. | 那些你在杰西卡患病时丢掉的大客户 |
[06:26] | Well I’m sorry my wife’s M.S. was an inconvenience for you. | 抱歉我太太的多发性硬化症给你带来了不便 |
[06:28] | No I didn’t… | 不 我没这个意思 |
[06:30] | Look you had your priorities all right and I respect that. | 你对工作自有定位 我对此也表示尊重 |
[06:33] | But while every other firm is dying out there | 可当其他公司在苦苦挣扎时 |
[06:35] | we are thriving because of my leadership. | 我们却由于我的领导而蒸蒸日上 |
[06:37] | So do not come in here looking down your nose at me | 所以别在这儿趾高气昂地藐视我 |
[06:40] | and telling me things have to change. | 告诫我什么应该改变 |
[06:42] | Really?! I know you Cliff. | 是吗 我了解你 克里夫 |
[06:44] | I know the way you operate. | 我了解你做事的方式 |
[06:46] | You don’t want to get in a pissing match with me. | 最好别惹到我 |
[06:47] | So are we gonna do it my way? | 总之 现在是按我说的做 |
[06:50] | Or do things have to get emotional? | 还是继续意气用事 |
[06:51] | – You’re the boss. – I thought so. | -你是老板 -我想也是 |
[06:56] | Bone up on your people skills. | 好好研究研究人际技巧吧 |
[07:00] | That sanctimonious bastard. | 那个道貌岸然的混蛋 |
[07:02] | I saved his firm | 我拯救了他的公司 |
[07:03] | and he slaps the taste out of my mouth? | 他却重重的给了我一巴掌 |
[07:05] | We should marshal the partners and move him out. | 我们应该联合股东把他挤出公司 |
[07:08] | Move him out? | 挤他出去 |
[07:11] | That man has done a lot of great things for this firm | 他对公司可有着巨大的贡献 |
[07:13] | not to mention the fact that his family name comes first on the door. | 更何况公司还是他们家创建的 |
[07:16] | All right I know you two have history | 得了 我知道你俩有渊源 |
[07:18] | but let’s be perfectly clear here. | 不过现在咱们得说清 |
[07:19] | Are you with me or you against me? | 你到底是不是跟我一伙儿的 |
[07:23] | – I’m with you. – Good. | -我支持你 -那就好 |
[07:25] | I don’t have time for whatever the hell that is. | 我可没时间干这破东西 |
[07:27] | So why don’t you lay it off on a first-year? | 拿去找个新手做吧 |
[07:28] | – Got any preferences? – Well it’s pro bono. | -有合适人选了吗 -这是次无偿法律援助 |
[07:31] | We got a boy scout with a savior complex? | 新人里有乐于免费助人的吗 |
[07:35] | Now this is pro bono which means we do not get paid. | 这件案子属于无偿援助 也就是免费的 |
[07:39] | Okay? So manage expectations. | 明白吗 所以别期望过高 |
[07:41] | And this is for Cliff | 不过这也是克里夫交待的案子 |
[07:42] | so you do not want to screw this up. | 所以也别弄砸 |
[07:44] | You think you can handle all that on your own sport? | 能独立搞定吗 小子 |
[07:45] | Absolutely. | 绝对没问题 |
[07:47] | I’ll send Katie with you. | 我会派凯特帮你 |
[07:54] | Mrs. Pierson I’ve read the expert testimony | 皮尔森太太 我看过专家证词了 |
[07:57] | and this ruling is virtually impossible to overcome. | 判决几乎没法推翻 |
[07:59] | Mr. Hewitt after Will was born | 赫威特先生 威尔出生后 |
[08:02] | my husband Jeff died of an aneurysm out of the blue. | 我丈夫杰夫死于突如其来的动脉瘤 |
[08:05] | After he died…I couldn’t function. | 他死后 我无法正常生活 |
[08:08] | The doctors said that it was depression. | 医生说是由于抑郁 |
[08:11] | That’s completely understandable. | 完全可以理解 |
[08:13] | Jeff’s mother didn’t think so. | 但杰夫的母亲不这么想 |
[08:15] | She said that I “lacked capacity “ | 她说是由于我无能 |
[08:16] | She had the courts remove me | 她通过法庭赶走了我 |
[08:17] | and then she stepped in as executor | 然后以遗嘱执行人的身份插足 |
[08:19] | and froze all of Jeff’s money. | 并且冻结了杰夫的所有财产 |
[08:20] | She froze the money? Why would she… | 冻结 为什么 |
[08:22] | She wants my son. | 她想得到我儿子 |
[08:23] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[08:24] | She said that the only way that she will release the money | 她说绝不会放手杰夫的钱 |
[08:26] | is if I formally make her Will’s guardian. | 除非我正式让她成为威尔的监护人 |
[08:29] | The expert testimony | 那份专家证词 |
[08:30] | alleging your lack of capacity to serve as executor of the will | 咬定你没有能力成为遗嘱执行人 |
[08:33] | is virtually insurmountable. | 这是不可能推翻的 |
[08:35] | Mr. Hewitt I am a good mother. | 赫威特先生 我是个好母亲 |
[08:39] | She is lying about me and she is holding my son hostage. | 她在诬蔑我 并且试图抢走我的孩子 |
[08:45] | Molly your sitter said she was sick | 莫莉 你的保姆说她生病了 |
[08:47] | and just dropped off your son. | 把你儿子送来了 |
[08:49] | You know we can’t have that here. | 我们这里可没法照看小孩儿 |
[08:51] | We’ve got to call the temp agency. | 得给保姆公司打电话 |
[08:57] | You are my only hope. Please can you help me? | 你是我唯一的希望 求你了 能帮助我吗 |
[09:03] | Absolutely. | 义不容辞 |
[09:12] | You’re gonna be her hero. | 你会成为她的英雄的 |
[09:13] | Yeah. There’s only one problem. | 是啊 只是有一个问题 |
[09:16] | There’s no way I can win. | 这官司我不可能赢 |
[09:26] | No no no no no! Wait! Wait! Wait! | 不不不不不 等等 等下 |
[09:32] | Hey sailor! Do you need a lift? | 嗨 伙计 要我载你一程吗 |
[09:50] | So how was your first day? Everything okay? | 第一天工作怎么样 一切还好吗 |
[09:53] | – No it’s not okay. – What? | -不 一点都不好 -怎么会 |
[09:55] | – You know that case you gave me? – Yeah. | -还记得你给我的那个案子吗 -记得 |
[09:56] | – There were complications. – What kind of complications? | -事情有点复杂 -怎么复杂了 |
[10:01] | I promise to win and it’s unwinnable. | 我答应过她我会赢 但却毫无胜算 |
[10:03] | I told you to manage expectations. | 我告诉过你别期望过高 |
[10:05] | Yeah and what you didn’t tell me is that | 对 可是你没告诉我 |
[10:06] | there’s a little kid involved. | 这事还牵扯到了个孩子 |
[10:07] | There’s always something. Now look what you got to do | 总有意想不到的事嘛 现在你要做的 |
[10:10] | is you got to get your priorities straight. | 就是要先搞清楚重点 |
[10:12] | – Me? – Yes. | -我 -对啊 |
[10:13] | Me? What about you huh? | 我 那你呢 |
[10:15] | “Nurture ” you said. “Guidance ” you said. | 你说要”培养”我 要”指导”我 |
[10:18] | You lied to me Rowdy! | 劳迪 你骗了我 |
[10:19] | I do not lie. I embellish. | 我没骗你 我只是略加润色而已 |
[10:21] | All right listen now… now I know that | 好吧 听着 我知道 |
[10:23] | I dropped you in the deep end so what about this? | 是我把你拖下了水 要不这样吧 |
[10:24] | Until you learn how to swim I’ll be your mentor. | 在你学会游泳之前 我来给你当顾问 |
[10:27] | – Really? – Yeah! | -真的吗 -真的 |
[10:29] | – You… do you really mean that? – Absolutely. 100 percently. | -你说真的吗 – 当然 百分百肯定 |
[10:33] | All right here we go. | 好了 先到这儿吧 |
[10:34] | The firm is like two blocks away. | 公司还有两个街区才到 |
[10:36] | Oh I can’t be seen with you | 在你证明自己的能力之前 |
[10:37] | not until you prove yourself. | 我可不能被人看到和你在一起 |
[10:39] | – I thought you were my mentor. – I am your mentor. | -你不是我的顾问吗 -我是你的顾问 |
[10:41] | But I’m your secret mentor. | 不过是你的秘密顾问 |
[10:42] | I support you secretly… with my mind. | 我会在精神上悄悄地支持你 |
[10:46] | Now get the hell out of my car. | 现在赶紧下车 |
[10:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:01] | Susan let me say this again. I am very very sorry. | 苏珊 我再说一次 真的非常抱歉 |
[11:04] | Sorry? Let’s see if that suffices shall we? | 抱歉 让我们看看抱歉有没有用吧 |
[11:08] | When we went to depose | 昨天我们去为 |
[11:09] | the president of Liberty Mutual | 利宝互助保险公司的总裁采集证词时 |
[11:11] | Bank yesterday you nailed his niece in his beach house. | 你在他的海滨别墅里一直黏着他的侄女 |
[11:14] | Actually it wasn’t in the beach house. | 其实 不是在海滨别墅里 |
[11:16] | It was up against the side… | 那里离海滩还远着呢 |
[11:16] | – You’re not making this better. – Yeah. | -你这么说也于事无补 -是啊 |
[11:20] | It’s just that when it comes to women | 只是 每当有美女在场 |
[11:21] | I have an impulse-control problem. | 我就会出现抑制冲动方面的问题 |
[11:23] | No what you have is a career-evaporation problem. | 不 你的问题是 你的工作就快保不住了 |
[11:26] | Let me lay it out for you Liam. | 黎姆 我明确告诉你吧 |
[11:28] | Your photographic memory your perfect GPA… | 不论是你过人的记忆力 还是你完美的成绩 |
[11:30] | none of that matters now. | 现在都不重要了 |
[11:31] | You cost us a major client | 你害我们失去了一个大客户 |
[11:33] | and you’ll replace that client or you’re gone. | 要么你代替他成为我们的客户 要么你走人 |
[11:35] | – Understood? – Understood. | -明白了吗 -明白了 |
[11:38] | Good boy. And in the future don’t stick it in anything | 很好 以后没先检查清楚的事情 |
[11:41] | that hasn’t been fully vetted first. | 千万不要乱插手 |
[11:44] | Mazel tov! | 恭喜 |
[11:49] | So that in a nutshell is it. | 言而言之 就是这样了 |
[11:52] | As soon I draft the resolutions and | 只要我起草好正式任命书 |
[11:54] | Mr. Douglas signs them | 等道格拉斯先生签了字 |
[11:55] | Mr. Ollerman will be the new C.E.O. | 奥尔曼先生就是新任董事长了 |
[11:57] | Very impressive. Speedy too. | 非常出色 也很有效率 |
[12:00] | What do you say Tim? | 蒂姆 你怎么想 |
[12:01] | Are you ready to replace me in the big chair? | 你准备好要取代我的位置了吗 |
[12:04] | Nobody could replace you Hal. | 没人能取代你 哈尔 |
[12:06] | How did Cliff lure in a lawyer who is | 克里夫怎么能引来一位 |
[12:08] | both so beautiful and so brilliant? | 像你这样既漂亮又聪明的律师呢 |
[12:12] | – Well can you keep a secret? – Yes. | -你能保守秘密吗 -能 |
[12:16] | So can I. | 我也能 |
[12:23] | Liam Priory…I’d like you to meet Miss Rachel Blau. | 黎姆·普拉利 我给你引见下瑞秋·布劳小姐 |
[12:27] | Liam is one of our first-years. | 黎姆是这里新来的 |
[12:29] | B.A. From Oxford J.D. from Cambridge. | 牛津大学的文学学士 剑桥大学的法学博士 |
[12:31] | You people are big on brand-name advertising. | 你们这里的人个个都毕业于名校啊 |
[12:33] | Yes. In addition to being a certified genius | 没错 作为公认的天才 |
[12:35] | Rachel is the head of a foundation seeking | 瑞秋是一个旨在和平解决 |
[12:37] | peaceful resolutions to the mid-east crisis. | 中东问题的基金会的会长 |
[12:39] | I like a woman who dreams large. | 我喜欢有远大理想的女人 |
[12:41] | Kindred spirit. I feel at home already. | 志趣相投啊 我有种宾至如归的感觉了 |
[12:44] | Good good. Young men like Liam are the future of this firm. | 很好 像黎姆这样的年轻人是公司的未来 |
[12:47] | You two should sit down talk representation. | 你俩该坐下好好讨论下代理的事 |
[12:50] | – Wonderful to see you. – Thank you. | -非常高兴见到你 -谢谢 |
[12:53] | Uh so um… representation. | 那…关于代理 |
[12:55] | Yeah. Copioso for lunch? 1:00? | 下午1点 在科比索餐厅吃午餐 |
[12:59] | [Xxxx] shalom. | [希伯来语] 再见 |
[13:09] | Hey. You’re not the only one who can make rain. | 你可不是唯一一个可以呼风唤雨的人 |
[13:11] | Hart just introduced me to some hot… | 哈特刚介绍给我一位性感… |
[13:14] | Israeli fashion mogul. Rachel Blau | 时尚的以色列大人物 瑞秋·布劳 |
[13:15] | in from Tel Aviv | 来自特拉维夫 |
[13:16] | and hunting for a stateside litigation team. | 想在美国找一家律师事务所做代理 |
[13:19] | I hear it’s down to us and one other firm. | 听说我们是其中之一 还有另外一家 |
[13:21] | And she says that I’m a kindred spirit. | 她说我和她志趣相投 |
[13:23] | Look who has a new lease on life. | 看看是谁的生活又有新机遇了 |
[13:25] | What you have rabbi dingo breath | 犹太律法专家 |
[13:28] | is a major major headgear problem. | 你的帽子可出了问题了 |
[13:33] | Hey you don’t think the only reason that she’s interested in signing | 你不会以为她和我们公司签合同的唯一理由 |
[13:35] | is because she thinks that I may or may… | 是因为她觉得我可能… |
[13:37] | What do you care? | 你在乎这个干什么 |
[13:39] | Look I may screw anything that moves but I do not lie. | 也许是我搞砸了所有的事 但我从不撒谎 |
[13:43] | Which is why I’m forced to say that skirt makes you look fat. | 因此我不得不说你穿那条裙子显得很胖 |
[13:49] | So are you telling me that you’re not | 所以 你是要跟我说你不准备 |
[13:51] | going to do what I just told you to do? | 照我刚才说的去做吗 |
[13:53] | No I am. It’s just that Robert needs me… | 不 我会去做 只是罗伯特要我帮… |
[13:55] | Screw Robert. I care about my motion | 去他的罗伯特 我只关心我的提议 |
[13:57] | which needs to be filed at the Beverly Hills Courthouse today. | 今天必须在贝佛利山法院归档 |
[14:00] | And I absolutely will get it done. It’s just… | 我肯定会去办好的 只是… |
[14:03] | I…I did tell Robert that… | 我告诉过罗伯特… |
[14:04] | Miss Fisher I’m in the middle of | 费舍尔小姐 我那个关于化学的案子 |
[14:06] | a filing for the mead chemical suit. | 正处理了一半 |
[14:07] | The asbestos litigation? | 那个石棉诉讼案吗 |
[14:09] | Now do you want to tell a 53-year-old firefighter on | 你是想让我告诉一位处于第六次化疗期的 |
[14:11] | his 6th round of chemo that I can’t get him justice | 53岁的消防员 我无法给他公正 |
[14:13] | Because you were too busy doing something for Robert? | 因为你一直忙着为罗伯特干活吗 |
[14:16] | No. | 不 |
[14:17] | You know when I was a first-year I was just like you… | 我第一年进公司的时候 我也和你一样 |
[14:21] | Overworked underappreciated | 玩命工作 不被赏识 |
[14:23] | and just dying to tell the partners I could do more. | 拼命想向合伙人证明我能做得更多 |
[14:25] | Speaking of which | 说到这个 |
[14:26] | I…I did do my law-review note on asbestos class actions. | 我真的做了关于石棉集体诉讼法令的笔记 |
[14:30] | So I know that I could contribute to… | 我知道我可以出一份力 |
[14:31] | And they didn’t listen to me either. | 而且当年他们也不听我说话 |
[14:36] | But your honor | 但是 法官大人 |
[14:37] | all of the experts Mrs.Graham is citing | 所有为格雷汉姆夫人提供证明的专家 |
[14:39] | Happen to hold positions at hospitals endowed by Mrs.Graham’s family. | 在医院的地位都是由格雷汉姆夫人家资助的 |
[14:42] | She’s basically… | 她基本上… |
[14:43] | Courts give executors broad discretion. | 法庭给予遗产执行者很宽泛的定义 |
[14:45] | Mrs.Graham is a pillar of the community. | 格雷汉姆太太是社会的顶梁柱 |
[14:47] | If she determined the plaintiff is unfit to handle the money | 如果她认为原告不适合理财的话 |
[14:49] | that is good enough for me. | 对我来说已经足够定论了 |
[14:51] | Your honor by denying my motion you will | 法官大人 如果您拒绝我的动议 |
[14:53] | effectively be separating mother and child… | 那您将亲手拆散一对母子 |
[14:55] | Which is not relevant to this case. | 但这与此案无关 |
[14:58] | First time in court isn’t it? | 第一次上庭对吧 |
[14:59] | Well chin up junior. You’ll live to fight another day. | 别气馁 年轻人 择日再审 |
[15:05] | Molly… | 莫莉 |
[15:07] | So you went and got a lawyer of your own. | 看来你自己请了个律师啊 |
[15:09] | – Mr… – Hewitt. I’m with Sterling. | -贵姓 -赫威特 我在斯特林事务所工作 |
[15:11] | Then you should know that I don’t take kindly to public confrontation. | 那你应该知道我对公开对抗绝不留情 |
[15:17] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[15:18] | Is that Hewitt talking to Grace Graham? | 那是赫威特在跟格雷西·格雷汉姆讲话吗 |
[15:22] | He must be here on Hart’s pro bono thing. | 他肯定是为哈特的那桩无偿援助而来 |
[15:25] | You told me to hand it off. | 你让我把它交给别人做的 |
[15:26] | Grace Graham of the Golden State Gas and Electric Fortune. | 那个加州煤电公司的格雷西·格雷汉姆啊 |
[15:29] | I’m sensing a problem. | 我感觉到有问题了 |
[15:32] | A problem is just an opportunity in work close. | 问题也是一次拉近距离的机会 |
[15:35] | We missed you yesterday. How was your first day back? | 昨天错过你了 回来的第一天感觉怎么样 |
[15:38] | Well I got off to a bit of a rocky start with Cliff. | 跟克里夫有点小摩擦 |
[15:40] | He’s refusing to hand over the reins. | 他不肯放手主管位置 |
[15:42] | Yeah I was afraid of that. | 我担心的就是这个 |
[15:43] | When I ceded him control of this firm | 当我把事务所让给他管理的时候 |
[15:45] | it was with the implicit understanding… | 我以为大家都心照不宣 |
[15:47] | Look I get your anger. | 听着 我知道你很气愤 |
[15:48] | But he has been in charge for three years. | 但是他已经管理了三年了 |
[15:51] | It’ll take some time for him to power down. | 让他退下需要点时间 |
[15:52] | So in the meantime what do you suggest I do? Just run in place? | 所以你觉得我该做些什么 原地踏步吗 |
[15:56] | Why don’t you see where his limits are? | 你不如看看他的极限在哪儿 |
[15:57] | Test him…diplomatically of course. | 测试他 当然要委婉些 |
[16:02] | As a favor to me. | 就当给我个面子 |
[16:05] | – Good to have you back. – Thanks. | -你能回来真好 -谢谢 |
[16:08] | Test him. | 测试他 |
[16:09] | Mrs.Pierson | 皮尔森太太 |
[16:10] | I’m afraid we may have a diminishing number of legal options. | 恐怕我们拥有的法律选择越来越少了 |
[16:13] | Which is another way of saying I’m screwed. | 另一种说法就是我死定了 |
[16:16] | Will is a very special boy Mr.Hewitt. | 威尔是个很特别的男孩 赫威特先生 |
[16:18] | Jeff and I moved heaven and earth to have him and | 杰夫和我竭尽全力才拥有了他 |
[16:21] | he is all I have left. | 我现在就只剩他了 |
[16:23] | You promised me that you could do something. | 你答应过我你会想办法 |
[16:25] | I…we will do everything that we can. | 我 我们会尽全力的 |
[16:29] | Of course we’ll drop the case. The judge agreed. | 当然我们会撤诉 法官也同意了 |
[16:31] | It’s little more than a nuisance suit. | 这只是很小的滋扰性案件 |
[16:33] | Thank you Mr. Huddle. | 谢谢 哈多先生 |
[16:34] | This is a private family matter | 这只是家里的一点私事 |
[16:36] | – And I very much want to keep it private. – Of course. | -我非常希望能私下解决 -当然 |
[16:38] | Now you were mentioning something about your partner Robert Craft. | 你刚刚提到你的合伙人 罗伯特·克拉夫特 |
[16:41] | A tax genius. He can bury anything. | 他是个税务天才 可以掩盖任何事 |
[16:44] | I like you Mr. Huddle. You know how to take care of people. | 我欣赏你 哈多先生 你知道如何投其所好 |
[16:51] | And that is how it is done. | 这样就搞定了 |
[16:53] | Time to call off the terrier. | 该叫小猎狗收手了 |
[16:58] | Hey get me uh Dylan Hewitt. | 喂 帮我接迪兰·赫威特 |
[17:11] | So you’re a recent transplant yes? | 这么说 你是最近才搬来的 对吗 |
[17:14] | Has your uh wife found a good temple? | 你老婆找到了好的神庙吗 |
[17:16] | Oh I’m not married. But there is one… | 我还没结婚 但是我有一件 |
[17:17] | Really? What a nice Jewish boy like you? | 是吗 像你那么迷人的犹太帅哥还没结婚 |
[17:22] | – Ms.Blau I have a confession to make. – Me first. | -布劳小姐 我要坦白一件事 -我先 |
[17:25] | Candidly I don’t trust lawyers. | 坦白讲 我不信任律师 |
[17:29] | But the moment I met you | 但从我见你的第一面起 |
[17:30] | I felt like we had a connection. | 我觉得我们之间有种联系 |
[17:31] | A connection. About that connection… | 联系 关于那个联系 |
[17:33] | Like we were cut from the same cloth | 就像我们是从一块布上剪下来的 |
[17:36] | which is the only thing I care about in choosing a law firm. | 这也是我选择律师事务所的唯一条件 |
[17:40] | Now… | 现在 |
[17:41] | What’s your confession? | 你要坦白什么 |
[17:44] | I love bacon. | 我爱吃熏肉 |
[17:53] | Cliff Huddle called for you…again. | 克里夫·哈多在找你 不只一次了 |
[17:56] | I can’t talk to him till I find a solution. | 等我找到解决方法再去找他 |
[18:00] | God there’s no way to undo Molly’s lack of capacity? | 上帝 对于莫莉的无能之说 真的毫无办法吗 |
[18:03] | That’s what I’d love to change about the system. | 这正是我想改换法律制度的原因 |
[18:05] | It’s all about rules and not about justice. | 它只讲求规章制度 而不是公正 |
[18:07] | The weaker party always gets exploited. | 弱者总是会被剥削利用 |
[18:09] | I’m in the same situation with my boyfriend. | 我和我男朋友就是这样 |
[18:12] | What did you just say? | 你说什么 |
[18:14] | I think he’s stringing me along. | 我认为他在欺骗我 |
[18:15] | And I am totally breaking up with him. | 我一定要跟他分手 |
[18:17] | About Molly being exploited. | 关于莫莉被剥削利用那句 |
[18:19] | Mrs.Graham is exploiting her. | 格雷汉姆女士在剥削利用她 |
[18:21] | She’s causing the very thing she’s objecting to. | 是她自己一手造成了她极力反对的事情 |
[18:24] | I found a way in. | 我找到突破口了 |
[18:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:35] | I don’t know why it keeps going off. | 我不知道它为什么一直响个不停 |
[18:36] | Ma’am you’re gonna have to step back through. | 女士 你得重新再来一遍 |
[18:38] | No come on! I have to file this motion for my boss! | 不 拜托 我得替我老板提交这项动议 |
[18:42] | One of my bosses. Anyway I’m a lawyer. | 其中一个老板 总之 我是一个律师 |
[18:46] | – Okay that is so uncalled for. – Okay that’s it. Time to go. | -好吧 这句多余了 -好了 过去吧 |
[18:52] | Come on! Put me down! | 快放我下来 |
[18:56] | Two of you?! Really?! | 你们两个? 来真的吗 |
[18:58] | I’m one tiny person! | 我只是个弱小的人 |
[19:02] | So in conclusion Mrs. Graham is causing the very | 所以综上所述 是格雷汉姆女士 |
[19:04] | condition in my client that she’s objecting to. | 自己使得我的委托人无力理财 |
[19:07] | “Emotional coercion.” That’s interesting. | 情绪胁迫 有意思 |
[19:09] | That might even have merit. | 甚至很有价值 |
[19:11] | But I’d be breaking new ground. | 但我如果接受 就是在开先例了 |
[19:12] | Like you did in October ’99 when you ruled that | 就像你于99年10月做的一样 |
[19:15] | minors have standing to sue in cases of abuse? | 你判未成年人在受到虐待时有权上诉 |
[19:18] | As you wrote your honor | 法官大人 正如你写的那样 |
[19:20] | “sometimes justice needs a nudge.” | “公正有时候需要有人推一把” |
[19:23] | So you didn’t tell her you’re not Jewish | 所以你没告诉她你不是犹太人吗 |
[19:26] | Mr.”I don’t lie”? | 不撒谎先生 |
[19:27] | Fine. I’m misleading her. | 好吧 我误导了她 |
[19:29] | But for the right reasons. | 但是初衷是好的 |
[19:31] | This firm can do so much good for her and her cause. | 这间事务所对她和她的事业都大有裨益 |
[19:33] | And now you’re just lying to yourself. | 你现在是在自欺欺人了 |
[19:35] | It’s like watching a snake eat its own tail. | 你这真是自作自受 |
[19:38] | Okay so while trying to file the motion for Susan | 好吧 我在试着帮苏珊提交动议时 |
[19:42] | I got thrown in jail…actual jail. | 被扔进监狱了 真的监狱 |
[19:46] | With one toilet…for everyone. | 所有人共用一个厕所的那种 |
[19:52] | Oh no. That’s Robert. | 天啊 是罗伯特 |
[19:54] | I couldn’t do the thing for Robert. | 我没能完成罗伯特交代的事 |
[19:56] | He’s got to understand right? I mean I e-mailed him. | 他应该能理解的 是吧 我发邮件提醒他了 |
[19:58] | You’ve got to…I can’t. | 你帮我看吧 我不敢 |
[19:59] | I’m not gonna have a look. You look. | 我可不看 你看吧 |
[20:02] | If you don’t complete his brief by tomorrow | 如果明天你还弄不出他要的案件摘要的话 |
[20:05] | He’s gonna fire you. | 他就要炒了你 |
[20:07] | What? No no. This is so unfair! | 什么 不 这不公平 |
[20:10] | I- I never stop working and…and this is what happens? | 我一直努力工作 结果就换来了这个吗 |
[20:14] | This is the worst day of my life. | 今天真是我人生中最糟的一天 |
[20:16] | This is the best day of my life. | 今天真是我人生中最棒的一天 |
[20:18] | The judge reversed himself. I win! She wins! | 法官撤销了判决 我赢了 她赢了 |
[20:21] | I was so close to blowing this. | 我就快搞定了 |
[20:22] | Can you imagine getting fired this early? Total career killer. | 之前我还怕被炒鱿鱼呢 真棘手的案子啊 |
[20:27] | What?? | 怎了 |
[20:35] | So I can’t cross-check the brief for Robert | 我无法反复核查罗伯特的案件摘要 |
[20:37] | Because the server’s down | 因为服务器挂了 |
[20:38] | and I’ve still got to file the motion for Susan or I’m fired. | 我还得给苏珊提交动议 不然就会被炒 |
[20:41] | I swear I can’t catch a break. | 我发誓 我连休息的时间都没有 |
[20:42] | Why can’t I catch break? | 为什么我就不能休息一下呢 |
[20:44] | You really think it’s a coincidence | 你真的觉得他们同时这样逼你 |
[20:45] | the partners grind you the way they do? | 只是一个巧合吗 |
[20:47] | That you’re never the bat and always the ball? | 真觉得你永远只能是那个任人摆布的球吗 |
[20:50] | You invite abuse. | 你是在自己找罪受 |
[20:52] | I do not invite abuse. | 我才没有自己找罪受 |
[20:55] | The only one who is making you a victim is you. | 只有你自己才能伤害自己 |
[20:58] | If you want something just…just take it. | 如果你想要什么 直接拿就是了 |
[21:00] | And stop looking for a savior. They don’t exist. | 别指望什么救星了 根本没有救星 |
[21:04] | One down. That was the courthouse. | 法院那边的事情搞定了 |
[21:06] | I sweet-talked the bailiff and got Susan’s motion filed. | 我花言巧语地让执行官把苏珊的动议存档了 |
[21:10] | You are awesome! I love you! | 你太有才了 爱死你了 |
[21:12] | – What? – I said thank you. | -什么? -我说谢谢你 |
[21:14] | I guess I should try Cliff again. | 我想我再打给克里夫看看 |
[21:15] | Tell him about the Pierson thing. | 告诉他皮尔斯的事情 |
[21:16] | No he’s got to be gone by now. | 不用了 他应该已经走了 |
[21:17] | Greet him with the good news in the morning. | 明天一早再告诉他吧 |
[21:19] | Right now…victory shots. | 现在 为胜利干杯 |
[21:27] | Put ’em up. | 来 举拳 |
[21:29] | Okeydokey. | 万事如意 |
[21:32] | Let’s not make that a thing. | 以后再也别做这动作了 |
[21:33] | -Yeah. -Good call. | -同意 -好提议 |
[21:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:45] | So you’re just gonna sign here and here. | 在这里还有这里签字 |
[21:50] | Mr.Douglas are you okay? | 道格拉斯先生 你还好吗 |
[21:52] | Yes. It’s just… | 我没事 只是 |
[21:55] | Handing over the reins after a lifetime…that’s a tough thing. | 做了一辈子的事业突然离手 有点难啊 |
[22:01] | The numbers seem to make sense but I don’t know about Tim. | 业绩看起来还过得去 可是我不了解蒂姆 |
[22:06] | Mr.Ollerman? | 奥尔曼先生吗 |
[22:09] | He seems like an excellent candidate. | 他看上去是个很好的候选人啊 |
[22:11] | Maybe. But he’s got his own agenda. | 可能吧 可他有自己的想法 |
[22:14] | And leadership means putting the good of the enterprise | 领导是要把公司的利益 |
[22:17] | ahead of your own desires. | 放在个人欲望之前的 |
[22:19] | You got to have the right stuff. | 必须要有正确的思想 |
[22:24] | Kind of like you Joley. | 就像你一样 乔莉 |
[22:27] | Mr.Douglas the car is here to take you to the compliance meeting. | 道格拉斯先生 载您去例行会议的车到了 |
[22:32] | Remember when you broke the lamp in my study? | 还记得那次你弄坏了我书房的灯吗 |
[22:35] | You stood right up and told the truth. | 你就站在那里 还跟我说了实话 |
[22:38] | I gave you a cupcake. You always loved cupcakes. | 我给了你一个小蛋糕 你一直都喜欢小蛋糕 |
[22:46] | Um Mr.Douglas mentioned a Joley. | 道格拉斯先生提到的乔莉是谁 |
[22:49] | His daughter. She died in an auto accident 15 years ago. | 是他的女儿 她在15年前死于车祸 |
[22:59] | Now look I know that’s what you want. | 听着 我知道你要的是什么 |
[23:01] | I know you cannot wait forever | 我知道你不可能一直等下去 |
[23:03] | But these things…they take time. | 但是这些东西 需要时间啊 |
[23:05] | And I never said “divorce.” | 我可从没说过离婚啊 |
[23:08] | Yes I care about you. | 我当然重视你啊 |
[23:12] | “love” is a very strong word… | “爱”这个词的分量很重啊 |
[23:13] | Excuse me Mr.Huddle. Mr.Hewitt… | 打扰了 哈多先生 赫威特先生想 |
[23:15] | Do I look like I want to be disturbed?! | 我看起来像是想被打扰的样子吗 |
[23:31] | I have the asset-transfer agreement | 我带来了资产转让协议 |
[23:33] | giving Molly her share of the… | 让莫莉拥有… |
[23:34] | -We’re not signing anything. – You have to. | -我们什么都不签 -你必须签 |
[23:36] | The judge issued an order | 法官下达了命令 |
[23:37] | and you have no right to use her son to leverage her. | 你们无权再利用她的儿子来影响她 |
[23:40] | – So your client didn’t tell you? – Tell me what? | -你的当事人没告诉你吗 -告诉我什么 |
[23:44] | Well as you may know due to a uterine abnormality | 也许你已经知道了 因为子宫异常 |
[23:46] | your client had trouble conceiving. | 你的当事人是不孕的 |
[23:48] | She mentioned she experienced some difficulty having Will yes. | 她的确提到她在怀威尔是遇到些困难 |
[23:52] | Well that’s one way of phrasing it. Another way would be | 那只是一种措辞手法而已 说白了就是 |
[23:54] | that she actually didn’t have will. | 她根本没有怀过威尔 |
[23:56] | After her fourth miscarriage surrogacy became the only option. | 在第四次流产之后 代孕是她唯一的选择了 |
[23:59] | And that’s when your client and her late husband | 就是那时 你的当事人和她已故的丈夫 |
[24:02] | decided to use my client as the surrogate. | 决定让我的当事人来代孕 |
[24:05] | My late son’s sperm was used to fertilize her egg | 我过世的儿子本来是想让她怀孕的 |
[24:08] | which was later implanted in me. | 但最后却被注入了我体内 |
[24:11] | Jeff never wanted to do it this way. She insisted… | 杰夫从不想这么做的 是她坚持 |
[24:14] | Will has two mothers… | 威尔有两个母亲 |
[24:15] | Your client his genetic mother and | 一个是你的当事人 基因上的母亲 |
[24:17] | my client his gestational mother. | 另一个是我的当事人 怀他的母亲 |
[24:19] | Mrs.Graham what are you doing here? | 格雷汉姆太太 您怎么在这儿 |
[24:21] | Your client’s son is also my client’s son. | 你当事人的儿子也是我当事人的儿子 |
[24:25] | I carried that boy. I carried him when you couldn’t. | 孩子是我怀的 你不能怀孕所以是我怀的他 |
[24:28] | That doesn’t mean that you can take him. | 那也不意味着你就能把他抢走 |
[24:30] | California courts may say otherwise. | 加州的法庭可不会这么说 |
[24:33] | And if you plan to appeal | 如果你想上诉的话 |
[24:34] | how long do you think your client’s money will last? | 你觉得你当事人的资金能支撑多久呢 |
[24:42] | My office. 10 minutes. | 10分钟内到我办公室来 |
[24:48] | I’ve drafted a business plan | 我起草了一份商务计划 |
[24:49] | And if it meets your approval | 如果你觉得可以通过的话 |
[24:51] | I’ve included a letter of engagement. | 里面有一份协议书 |
[24:53] | Great. I’ll sign it later. | 很好 我稍后就签 |
[24:56] | -Really? -Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -嗯 |
[24:58] | You’re hiring Sterling? That’s fantastic! | 你会雇选我们公司 太好了 |
[25:00] | Yeah. Let’s celebrate. | 是啊 我们来庆祝吧 |
[25:01] | Oh we…you know what? You’re the client and I’m… | 噢 等会 你是客户而我 |
[25:05] | M- Ms.Blau maybe… maybe… | 布劳小姐 也许 也许 |
[25:07] | I’m the other… it’s very very tempt… it’s very tempting. | 我 这 这好诱人 |
[25:12] | You’re an attractive… | 你很迷人 |
[25:13] | But it’s inappropriate. | 但这不合适 |
[25:16] | And you know I actually worked rather hard on this. | 知道吗 其实我在这案子上下了很大功夫 |
[25:18] | Really? | 是吗 |
[25:19] | Let me just confirm that. | 让我来证实一下 |
[25:25] | True enough. | 千真万确啊 |
[25:31] | I have some alarming news. | 我有个令人震惊的消息 |
[25:32] | You’re not going to drink with me? | 不和我喝一杯吗 |
[25:35] | I think Mr.Douglas has Alzheimer’s. | 我觉得道格拉斯先生患有老年痴呆 |
[25:39] | What? | 什么 |
[25:39] | He thinks I’m his late daughter. | 他以为我是他已故的女儿 |
[25:42] | We have to put the transition of power | 我们得暂停权利移交 |
[25:44] | on hold pending a medical exam. | 先给他做体检 |
[25:46] | So the old man’s car finally fell off the jack. | 你是说那老家伙看错了人 |
[25:50] | Don’t tell the board. | 别报告给董事会 |
[25:51] | I have to…ethically. | 我必须这么做 从道义上讲 |
[25:54] | I have been biding my time | 我已经忍了11年 |
[25:57] | licking his loafers for the last 11 years. | 一直给他当牛做马 |
[25:59] | I was guaranteed this job. | 你们事务所保证过的 |
[26:01] | Your firm made assurances. | 这个职位非我莫属 |
[26:03] | Mr.Ollerman Mr.Douglas trusts me. | 奥尔曼先生 道格拉斯先生信任我 |
[26:06] | Beth I doubt you’ve ever drawn a stupid breath. | 贝希 我相信你一直是个聪明人 |
[26:09] | Don’t start now. | 现在也不要犯傻 |
[26:11] | She gave birth to her own grandson?! | 她生了自己的孙子 |
[26:13] | How does that elude your radar?! | 你怎么没注意到这点 |
[26:16] | So you actually think I should have seen this coming? | 难道你觉得我该事先预料到这事儿 |
[26:17] | Yes. That is what associates are supposed to do… | 没错 这就是律师应该做的 |
[26:21] | see it coming! | 事先预料 |
[26:23] | If not what’s the…what’s the point of having them? | 不然的话 要他们有什么用 |
[26:26] | Maybe to teach them a thing or two? | 也许可以教教他们 |
[26:30] | You want a lesson. All right. | 你想听教训 很好 |
[26:33] | You listen up. | 你听好了 |
[26:35] | Grace Graham sits on the board of several major | 格雷西·格雷汉姆管理着几个重大公司 |
[26:38] | corporations which are clients of this firm. | 他们都是我们事务所的客户 |
[26:41] | She will poison those relationships | 她会毁掉我们和客户的关系 |
[26:43] | unless she gets what she wants. | 除非她得到她想要的 |
[26:44] | So you will take that boy’s deposition… | 所以你要拿到那男孩的供词 |
[26:47] | The outcome of which will favor Mrs.Graham… | 并且要对格雷汉姆太太有利 |
[26:49] | And you will draft a settlement granting her custody. | 然后拟一份协议草案 确保她的监护权 |
[26:53] | What about Will? | 那威尔呢 |
[26:55] | Will will live a privileged life | 威尔将会和爱他的人一起 |
[26:58] | with a woman who loves him. | 过着衣食无忧的生活 |
[27:00] | What the hell is wrong with that? | 这他妈有什么不好吗 |
[27:03] | I’m not sure I can do this. | 我不确定我做得到 |
[27:05] | Well…well you better. | 你最好做到 |
[27:07] | Or I’ll make sure that you never practice law again. | 不然我就让你永远无法再做律师 |
[27:10] | Now leave…before I set you on fire. | 出去 趁我还没把你开除 |
[27:26] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[27:31] | I failed the Bar Exam. Again. | 我没通过律师资格考试 又没通过 |
[27:34] | Wait the Bar Exam? | 等等 律师资格考试 |
[27:36] | I had no idea you went to law school. | 我都不知道你上过法学院 |
[27:38] | Whittier Law School class of ’06. | 惠提尔法学院 06班 |
[27:41] | On the bright side I’m already depressed | 幸好 我刚和男友分手 |
[27:43] | since I just broke up with my boyfriend. | 心情已经很郁闷了 |
[27:45] | Today is just not your day is it? | 看来今天不是你的吉日 是吧 |
[28:02] | Now I have to go make a 6-year-old choose | 现在我得让一个6岁男孩 |
[28:04] | between his mother and his grandmother. | 在他母亲和奶奶之间做选择 |
[28:05] | Okay. Good luck with that. | 去吧 祝你好运 |
[28:17] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我吗 |
[28:20] | I hold in my hand a copy of my certified motion as filed | 我手上有一份我申请的动议的拷贝 |
[28:23] | In an interoffice envelope listing Hewitt as sender. | 装在办公室的信封里 而发信人是赫威特 |
[28:28] | When I give you a task I expect you to complete it. | 我给你任务的时候 是希望你去完成 |
[28:32] | We’re done here. | 我说完了 |
[28:41] | No. | 不 |
[28:45] | No we’re not done here. | 不 还没完 |
[28:46] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[28:47] | No one takes me seriously around here. | 这里没人重视我 |
[28:49] | You and Robert bat me back and forth | 你和罗伯特把我像个乒乓球一样 |
[28:51] | like a ping-pong ball. | 拍来拍去 |
[28:52] | And maybe it’s because I’m small or I’m polite | 也许是因为我人小 或是因为我很有礼貌 |
[28:55] | or because I’m still figuring out makeup… | 或是觉得我还不太成熟 |
[28:59] | Miss Fisher… | 费舍尔小姐 |
[29:00] | But I did graduate first in my class | 但我是以班上第一名的成绩 |
[29:01] | from Case Western Reserve Law School | 从凯斯西储大学法学院 毕业的 |
[29:03] | And I am a damn good lawyer… | 我是个很棒的律师 |
[29:04] | Good enough to know that the law you’re citing for your | 我甚至知道 你在石棉案中引证的法律 |
[29:07] | asbestos case has been superseded and it will sink you. | 已经被废除了 你会败诉的 |
[29:09] | And not that you wouldn’t have figured that on your own | 并不是说你自己不会发现这一点 |
[29:11] | because you… | 而是因为 |
[29:13] | You are brilliant and relentless and | 你既聪明又冷酷 |
[29:15] | you consistently do the right thing | 即使你嫁给了黑暗王子 |
[29:17] | even though you’re married to the prince of darkness | 却一直坚持做正确的事 |
[29:18] | which none of us can figure out. | 这也是我们一直没想通的 |
[29:22] | Finally…you show some spine. | 你总算拿出了点骨气 |
[29:30] | You’re on the asbestos case. | 你负责石棉案件 |
[29:32] | I’ll clear your calendar. | 我会取消对你的其他安排 |
[29:37] | Oh and Miss Fisher… | 还有 费舍尔小姐 |
[29:39] | My husband is also your boss. | 我丈夫也是你的老板 |
[29:42] | Cross that line again and I’ll be the one who fires you. | 如果你再那样说 我会亲自炒了你 |
[29:49] | I am so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[29:50] | I put my face in your chest. | 我撞到你了 |
[29:52] | It’s okay. I’m not inclined to sue. | 没关系 我不会上诉的 |
[29:54] | That’s funny ’cause I’m a lawyer | 真有趣 因为我是个律师 |
[29:56] | this is a law firm. I have to go. | 而这里是律师事务所 我得走了 |
[29:58] | Susan I’d like you to meet Malcolm Bennet. | 苏珊 这位是马尔科姆·班尼特 |
[30:01] | – Nice to meet you Malcolm. – Charmed. | -很高兴见到你 马尔科姆 -幸会 |
[30:03] | Malcolm is our newest first-year. | 马尔科姆是我们招的新人律师 |
[30:06] | Malcolm will you excuse us for just a moment? | 马尔科姆 能让我们单独说几句话吗 |
[30:10] | Sure is there a uh…is there a problem? | 当然 有什么 有什么问题吗 |
[30:13] | Hart Cliff hires the first-years. | 哈特 克里夫负责招聘新人 |
[30:15] | Not anymore he doesn’t. | 没说不是他负责啊 |
[30:16] | This is not testing him diplomatically. | 你这不是在暗暗地考验他 |
[30:18] | This is challenging him directly. | 而是在直接挑战他 |
[30:20] | Be grateful that I didn’t go with plan “A”. | 你得感激我没有执行前一个方案 |
[30:30] | Will we’re here because your mom and your grandma | 威尔 我们在这儿 是因为你妈妈 |
[30:33] | have been talking about who you should live with. | 和你奶奶在讨论你应该和谁一起生活 |
[30:36] | I want to live with my mom and my dad…like before. | 我想和爸爸妈妈一起生活 像以前一样 |
[30:39] | Will sometimes things don’t work out the way you want them to. | 威尔 有时候事情并不能如你所愿 |
[30:42] | My mom says we can go away. | 妈妈说我们可以离开 |
[30:44] | But if you had to stay | 但如果你必须得留下 |
[30:45] | and you had to stay with your grandma | 而且必须和你奶奶在一起 |
[30:47] | would that really be so bad? | 这真有那么糟吗 |
[30:56] | What are you doing in my office? | 你在我办公室干嘛 |
[30:58] | Celebrating my victory. | 庆祝我的胜利 |
[30:59] | Susan told Robert to stuff it. | 苏珊让罗伯特走人了 |
[31:00] | Now I’m second chair on the asbestos case. | 现在我是石棉案的二号老大 |
[31:03] | Were those meant for me? | 这些是给我的吗 |
[31:05] | No idea. I was walking by and I saw them. | 没想过 我刚好路过 看到了 |
[31:07] | I wanted them so I took them. | 我想要 就买了 |
[31:11] | Great. They’re for “joley”. | 好吧 这是送给”乔莉”的 |
[31:13] | Who’s “joley”? | “乔莉”是谁 |
[31:14] | Evidently Mr. Douglas thinks I am. | 很明显 道格拉斯先生认为是我 |
[31:17] | I knew it… | 我就知道… |
[31:18] | I knew lying about belonging to a religion I didn’t belong to was a mistake… | 我就知道谎称自己信某种宗教是个错误… |
[31:21] | Ethically morally. | 伦理上道德上都是错的 |
[31:23] | And now I have been exposed. | 现在我被揭穿了 |
[31:26] | – cupcake? – Sure. Thanks. | -要纸杯蛋糕吗 -好啊 谢了 |
[31:27] | No. They’re not… | 不行 它们不是… |
[31:28] | I went to Rachel’s hotel so that she could sign the letter of engagement. | 我去了瑞秋的房间让她签合约 |
[31:32] | And things got you know…physical. | 但是事情开始向…身体上发展 |
[31:35] | With a client? | 和客户吗 |
[31:37] | What is wrong with you? | 你有毛病啊 |
[31:38] | It was her! Anyway she got kind of…hands-y. | 是她开始的 总之 她太有手上功夫了 |
[31:43] | I think she figured it out. | 我想她是知道了 |
[31:44] | Figured what out? | 知道什么 |
[31:46] | That he’s not circumcised. | 知道他没有割包皮 |
[31:47] | 犹太传统 男婴出生8天后要进行”割礼” 割去包皮 | |
[31:49] | Oh my god! So that’s why you guys are always weird around each other. | 天哪 怪不得你俩在一起时总是很诡异 |
[31:53] | You guys did it! | 你们做过 |
[31:54] | – No we did not. – Guilty as charged. | -没有 -的确如你所说 |
[31:56] | This is awesome! | 这太棒了 |
[31:57] | I was at a low point. | 我当时正在低潮期 |
[31:58] | Addy seriously you cannot say anything to anyone please. | 艾迪 求你了 你不能告诉别人 |
[32:01] | I…I have to go. | 我…我得走了 |
[32:05] | Awesome. | 干得不错 |
[32:08] | Yeah come on in. | 请进 |
[32:10] | Realize we haven’t really had a chance to catch up since I’ve been back. | 我发现我回来后咱们还没好好聊过 |
[32:13] | Well we have missed you. | 我们很想念你 |
[32:15] | Oh I seriously doubt that. | 这我可深表怀疑 |
[32:18] | Nice suit. Brioni? | 西服不错 布莱奥尼牌的吗 |
[32:20] | Here look what I found. | 看我发现了什么 |
[32:26] | You were fresh out of Tulane | 你那时刚从杜兰大学毕业 |
[32:27] | working the Southern Poverty Law Center | 在南方反贫穷法律中心工作 |
[32:29] | capital cases. | 接的都是大案子 |
[32:30] | The innocence project. DNA exonerations. | “无辜计划” 用DNA证明无罪 |
[32:33] | I convinced you to become my recruiting associate. | 我说服你做我的招聘律师 |
[32:36] | And you promised to bring me more just like you remember? | 你承诺帮我招来更多像你一样的人 记得吗 |
[32:39] | I did. I do. | 我记得 我是这样做的 |
[32:43] | What happens to them once they get here Rowdy? | 他们刚来的时候是什么样的 劳迪 |
[32:45] | Hart look I have developed certain financial… | 哈特 瞧 我在财务上发展了… |
[32:50] | I’m doing my job. I’m keeping my job. | 我只是在做自己的工作 我要保住工作 |
[32:55] | I get it. I get it. | 我明白 我明白 |
[32:59] | Everybody’s scared. | 大家都很害怕 |
[33:02] | The ledges are crowded. | 僧多粥少 |
[33:06] | But it’s what we do in the worst of times | 但我们在最困难的时期所做的事 |
[33:09] | that tells the world who we really are. | 才能告诉世界我们的本质 |
[33:22] | So what’s this about? | 找我有何贵干 |
[33:24] | Ready to jump ship join a real law firm? | 你准备好跳槽去真正的律师事务所了吗 |
[33:26] | Actually I need some advice. | 事实上 我需要一些建议 |
[33:30] | I know something about a client of mine… | 我知道我客户的一些事… |
[33:32] | A sweet old man who is slipping. | 一个正在走下坡路的可爱老人的事 |
[33:36] | If I stay silent it’ll be good for my career | 如果我保持沉默 将有助于我的事业 |
[33:39] | but the client’s company may suffer. | 但客户的公司则会遭殃 |
[33:40] | And if I speak up I’ll be doing the right thing | 而如果我说出来 我做的将是正确的事 |
[33:43] | but the C.F.O. will crucify me. | 但公司的首席财务长官会把我折磨死 |
[33:45] | You want to bottom-line this for me? | 能告诉我你的重点吗 |
[33:48] | I’m having a crisis of conscience. | 我正在遭受良心危机 |
[33:50] | Screw your conscience. | 去你的良心 |
[33:52] | If the board doesn’t know about it keep your mouth shut. | 如果董事会不知道 你就别说 |
[33:54] | Yes but… | 是没错 但… |
[33:55] | This has always been your problem. You’re not ruthless enough. | 这一直是你的问题 你不够无情 |
[34:00] | – That is really unfair. – Oh is it? | -这么说太不公平了 -是吗 |
[34:03] | I’ll let you in on a little secret. | 告诉你个秘密 |
[34:05] | When you chose Sterling over my firm | 当你选择斯特林公司而不是我时 |
[34:06] | I was hurt initially. | 我起初很受伤 |
[34:08] | But now I realize there really is no place for you on my team. | 但现在我意识到我的公司里根本没你的位置 |
[34:11] | Dad you don’t mean that. | 爸 你不是说真的 |
[34:13] | Oh yes Elizabeth I do. | 真的 伊丽莎白 我是真心的 |
[34:16] | And now… You get to pick up the check. | 现在…该你付账单了 |
[34:20] | Weak. Unreliable. Just like your mother. | 你软弱 不可靠 跟你妈妈一个样 |
[34:31] | You text me? | 你找我 |
[34:33] | I was wondering if you’d take a look at | 你能不能帮我看看 |
[34:35] | my motion granting Mrs. Graham custody. | 我为格雷汉姆太太得到监护权草拟的动议 |
[34:45] | Why did you… | 你为什么… |
[34:46] | Because you cannot take that child away from his mother. | 因为你不能把那孩子从他母亲身边带走 |
[34:48] | It’s what Cliff wants. You said… | 这是克里夫想要的结果 你说过… |
[34:50] | Oh you know what? I said a lot of things… | 知道吗 我说过很多事… |
[34:52] | Most of which have been motivated by my love of cashmere and corn liquor. | 大多是由于我对开士米和玉米威士忌的热爱 |
[34:55] | But every man has a “come to jesus” moment | 每个人都会有倾听内心独白的时候 |
[34:57] | when he asks himself not what’s gonna get him paid or get him laid | 那时他不会问自己怎样才能有钱有女人 |
[35:01] | but what he knows to be true. | 而是问自己什么才是对的 |
[35:03] | Now what do you know to be true? | 那么 你觉得什么是正确的 |
[35:06] | I know that Molly loves Will. | 我知道莫莉很爱威尔 |
[35:08] | I know that judging from her bank statements | 我知道 从她的银行账单情况看来 |
[35:10] | she had to endure endless amounts of fertility treatments trying to have him. | 她支付了高额的生育治疗费用才有了儿子 |
[35:15] | And I know that she has to keep him… | 我觉得应该让她保住儿子… |
[35:18] | or else I won’t be able to live with myself. | 不然我良心会过不去 |
[35:19] | Then that’s the advantage you got to press. | 这就是你应该强调的优势 |
[35:21] | Advantage? How is that an advantage? | 优势 怎么会是优势 |
[35:23] | You got to win or die. Opposing counsel has other options. | 你要么赢要么死 对方律师则有其他选择 |
[35:26] | Dylan the man doesn’t choose the moment. The moment chooses the man. | 迪兰 不是英雄造时势 而是时势造英雄 |
[35:42] | I don’t know why she’s here. | 我不明白她为什么在这儿 |
[35:44] | We don’t need a quorum to hand over the boy. | 移交孩子的监护权不用那么多人在场 |
[35:46] | We’re not handing over the boy. | 我们不会交出监护权 |
[35:47] | Hewitt what are you doing? | 赫威特 你在干什么 |
[35:49] | Luckily the ninth circuit recognized | 很幸运 第九巡回法庭认为 |
[35:51] | having children is an emotionally charged process | 生孩子是个充满感情的过程 |
[35:54] | so it created a mechanism | 所以创立了一个机制 |
[35:56] | to definitively establish maternity in the case of surrogacy. | 用来确定代孕行为中的母亲 |
[35:59] | It’s called a pre-birth order. | 这称为”产前指定” |
[36:01] | Which is fascinating but irrelevant. | 听着不错 不过没什么关联 |
[36:03] | This one lists Molly as Will’s mother. | 这上面写着莫莉就是威尔的母亲 |
[36:07] | And it’s signed by Mrs.Graham. | 签字人就是格雷汉姆太太 |
[36:09] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[36:11] | I never filed a prebirth order. | 我从没正式申请过产前令 |
[36:13] | I know. But your husband did. | 确实没有 不过你丈夫申请过 |
[36:15] | I missed it the first time | 我起初并没发现 |
[36:16] | but then I combed the bank records again | 但是后来再次整理银行记录时 |
[36:17] | and I found a cancelled check in the amount of $30 for the filing fee. | 发现有一笔30美元的申请费取消了 |
[36:23] | Why didn’t I know about this? | 我怎么不知道呢 |
[36:25] | Jeff died before he could tell you. | 杰夫还没来得及告诉你就过世了 |
[36:28] | But Mrs.Graham knew. | 不过格雷汉姆太太很清楚 |
[36:29] | And she concealed its existence in order to gain custody of Will. | 为了得到威尔的监护权 她刻意隐瞒了这点 |
[36:35] | – What do you want from me? – What’s best for Will… | -你到底想要什么 -只求你为孩子着想 |
[36:38] | which means dropping your custody petition and telling Molly the truth. | 撤消监护权的起诉 让莫莉知道真相吧 |
[36:41] | You have no right to demand an explanation for my client’s motives. | 你无权揣测我当事人的动机 |
[36:45] | You’re right. Instead we could sue for fraud malfeasance | 没错 我们可以将造假 欺骗 蓄意施压 |
[36:48] | intentional infliction of emotional distress… | 故意进行精神伤害 |
[36:50] | How can I explain this to you? When Jeff died I lost everything. | 我怎么解释呢 杰夫死后我变得一无所有 |
[36:54] | I thought if I gave you the money you would leave too. | 我怕给了你钱 你也会离我而去 |
[37:00] | I couldn’t risk losing my boy again. | 我不能冒险再失去孙子了 |
[37:31] | That was a tender moment. | 真是温馨一刻啊 |
[37:33] | You better hope that memory lasts. | 你最好希望这一刻别溜走 |
[37:47] | Dropped you in the deep end! | 置之死地而后生 |
[37:49] | Was that really necessary? | 非得把我扔进水里吗 |
[37:50] | Dude aren’t you supposed to get baptized when you’re born-again? | 老兄 重生后难道不需要受洗吗 |
[37:57] | – You like it? – Stop the presses! | -喜欢吗 -别闹了 |
[37:59] | – My gift to me. – Dig little Miss Heartland. | -我奖励自己的礼物 -瞧瞧咱们的心灵小魔女 |
[38:02] | Yeah you got quite a porch to go with that swing! | 臀部很适合让人拍啊 |
[38:06] | Andre set ’em up. | 安德烈 给他们把酒满上 |
[38:07] | Up up up. Now okay. | 满上满上满上 好了 |
[38:08] | As your official mentor I insist on picking these up. | 作为你的官方顾问 我要你们举起酒杯 |
[38:11] | That is the least that I can do. | 这点权利我还有吧 |
[38:13] | You have all come through with flying colors. | 你们都出色的大获全胜了 |
[38:15] | Well hello. | 你好啊 |
[38:17] | Excuse me I uh I left my wallet in the car. | 不好意思 我钱包忘在车里了 |
[38:19] | Excuse me miss I’m a lawyer. | 等等 小姐 我是个律师 |
[38:21] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[38:28] | Well that is it for me. | 我就不久留了 |
[38:30] | I sent an e-mail to Hart and Rachel confessing my lie. | 我给哈特和瑞秋发邮件坦白了我的谎话 |
[38:34] | All that remains is to return to the firm await my fate. | 接下来要做的就是回公司等待命运的制裁了 |
[38:42] | He is so dramatic. | 他还真是人生如戏 |
[38:45] | Well I guess it’s just you and me. | 看来就剩咱俩了 |
[38:47] | Actually it’s just you. | 其实 是只剩你了 |
[38:49] | Susan’s taking me to Mozza for a $100 pizza. | 苏珊要带我去吃批萨大餐 |
[38:52] | Well now that I have spine | 我现在有人撑腰了 |
[38:54] | she’s decided I’m her new proter? So… | 她决定让我做她的左右手 所以 |
[39:01] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[39:04] | Are we supposed to love this job or hate it? | 我们该爱这份工作还是该恨它呢 |
[39:07] | Both. | 又爱又恨 |
[39:17] | No I determine the caliber and the quality of the lawyers in this firm. | 不行 我来决定这家公司里律师的才能和资质 |
[39:21] | Which I’m clearly ill-equipped to do because I hired you. | 我明显做得不够好 不然就不会雇你了 |
[39:24] | Okay. You want to know what I see? | 好了 想知道我怎么想吗 |
[39:25] | An unstoppable force and an immovable object | 你们就像最尖锐的矛和最结实的盾 |
[39:28] | in the midst of a mallet-measuring contest. | 一触即发 两败俱伤 |
[39:30] | So for the firm’s sake | 所以看在公司的份上 |
[39:32] | I’ll be the one to propose a rational solution. | 让我来提出个最合理的解决方法 |
[39:34] | Share power. | 你们平分大权 |
[39:35] | He is unworthy of my expertise. | 他可没资格跟我共事 |
[39:37] | I’d rather have a colonoscopy at a teaching hospital. | 我宁愿去教学医院做个结肠镜检查 |
[39:40] | Share power | 要么你俩平分大权 |
[39:41] | or I’ll marshal the partnership to elect a new chairman. | 要么我召集股东选举新任董事长 |
[39:48] | Good. So I can assume that we’ve agreed? | 很好 看来我们是达成一致了 |
[39:54] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[40:02] | How could you… | 你怎么能 |
[40:04] | I know Cliff. I know that there’s someone. | 我知道 克里夫 我知道你有别人了 |
[40:07] | Susan there is no one. | 苏珊 没有别人 |
[40:11] | I’m willing to work at this. | 我一直在注意这事 |
[40:12] | I stand by you in ways that you don’t even know. | 我在你不知道的地方观察你 |
[40:15] | I found condoms Cliff so do me this one courtesy… | 我发现避孕套了 克里夫 所以就当帮我个忙 |
[40:20] | Clean up your mess. | 收好你的烂摊子 |
[40:22] | Susan if I have done anything to create a distance between us | 苏珊 如果我在你我之间造成了鸿沟 |
[40:27] | I want you to know that that ends tonight. | 我想告诉你 今晚一切都结束了 |
[40:31] | That’s a start. | 这算是个好的开始了 |
[40:33] | Westwood Wilshire Hotel. | 西木区维尔希尔酒店 |
[40:37] | I’ll see you at 10:00. | 今晚十点 不见不散 |
[41:06] | I’m sorry for dropping by unannounced | 抱歉没事先通知你就来了 |
[41:08] | but I was on the bus | 我刚才在车上 |
[41:09] | and I saw this guy by the freeway on-ramp | 正好看到高速公路入口匝道的卖花小贩 |
[41:11] | So I got off and I got you these. | 于是就下车为你买了这个 |
[41:15] | Freeway flowers. | 高速公路上的花 |
[41:19] | That’s very sweet. | 你真贴心 |
[41:52] | That’s mine isn’t it? | 那是我的 不是吗 |
[41:54] | Why do people keep stealing my stuff? | 为啥大家老是偷我的东西 |
[41:57] | Sorry. I needed a drink. | 抱歉 我需要借酒浇愁 |
[42:08] | “Silence is golden. You made a wise choice. | “沉默是金 你做了明智的选择 |
[42:12] | Enjoy Tim Ollerman.” | 好好享受这瓶酒吧 蒂姆·奥尔曼” |
[42:16] | Who’s Tim Ollerman? | 蒂姆·奥尔曼是谁 |
[42:18] | The unscrupulous creep | 一个寡廉鲜耻的混蛋 |
[42:20] | I just betrayed a sweet old man for. | 我为他背叛了一位可爱的老人 |
[42:25] | So I guess this must be another real low point for you huh? | 看来这是你的又一个低潮期了 是吧 |
[42:45] | See I told you not to worry. | 瞧见没 我说了不用担心的 |
[42:47] | It’s not how you start. It’s how you finish. | 重点不是如何开始 而是如何结束 |
[42:50] | I think we’ve both just proven that. | 我想咱俩都证明了这点 |
[42:56] | You know for the first time since I moved out here | 知道吗 这是我工作以来的第一次 |
[43:01] | I’m beginning to think Rowdy wasn’t lying. | 我想劳迪并没说谎 |
[43:05] | Maybe this is my break in the clouds | 也许这真是我黑暗中的曙光 |
[43:09] | my four-leaf clover my lucky moment. | 是我的四叶草 我的幸运时刻 |
[43:26] | Westwood Wilshire Hotel. | 这里是西木区维尔希尔酒店 |
[43:28] | This is Clifford Huddle. | 我是克里夫·哈多 |
[43:30] | Would tell my wife I’ve been slightly detained? | 能转告我太太 我要稍微耽搁一会吗 |
[43:32] | Yes of course. | 当然 没问题 |