时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | This is Liam’s desk. | 这是黎姆的办公桌 |
[00:13] | I trust things are going well with the beautiful miss Branford. | 你和布莱弗德美女肯定进展的很顺利吧 |
[00:16] | Sure. | 当然 |
[00:17] | “Sure”? | “当然” |
[00:18] | Well, that’s a flaccid response when you’re in a relationship | 这回答太没激情了 |
[00:20] | with a woman who will send you something as saucy as this. | 亏她还给你写了这么俏皮的字条 |
[00:23] | “I long for the taste of you.” | “我渴望你的味道” |
[00:25] | “Your strong hands caressing my…” | “渴望你强壮的双手抚摸我的…” |
[00:31] | That… that is… | 这…这也太… |
[00:33] | Titillating, isn’t it? | 让人兴奋 不是吗 |
[00:34] | What should I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[00:36] | What should you… | 你该怎么… |
[00:37] | Go find her! Tout de suite! | 去找她呀 立刻马上[法语] |
[00:39] | Tout de suite. No, I can’t. I got the… | 立刻马上 不 不行 我还得… |
[00:41] | Liam, Beth is offering you spontaneity, possibility… | 黎姆 贝希正向你提供无限可能的… |
[00:44] | Passion! | 激情 |
[00:45] | Now, you turn down her overtures, | 现在你要是拒绝她的提议 |
[00:47] | and you will make her feel insecure, unattractive. | 会让她觉得没有安全感 觉得自己毫无魅力 |
[00:51] | Your romance is growing… like a flower. | 你们的感情正在成长…像花儿一样 |
[00:56] | Do you want to kill the pretty flower? | 你想弄死这朵美丽的花吗 |
[00:59] | No. | 不想 |
[01:01] | I want to… | 我想… |
[01:03] | water the flower. | 浇灌这朵花 |
[01:06] | Then don’t be tardy to the party. | 那就千万别错过了机会 |
[01:16] | A friend of mine from law school | 我以前法学院的一个朋友 |
[01:17] | asked me to look into this case for her. | 要我帮忙调查这案子 |
[01:19] | Here you go. | 你们看看 |
[01:20] | She practices in Chicago, | 她的事务所在芝加哥 |
[01:22] | and her god-daughter attends Westminster University here in L.A. | 她的教女就读于洛杉矶西敏大学 |
[01:25] | Evidently, she’s been stripped of her tennis scholarship after a recent match. | 最近的一场比赛后 她被取消了网球奖学金 |
[01:28] | They’ve accused her of cheating. | 他们指控她作弊 |
[01:30] | Do we know the specific allegations? | 知道指控的具体内容吗 |
[01:31] | The school won’t elaborate on the details, citing privacy issues. | 学校拒绝说明细节 说是涉及隐私 |
[01:34] | But if the accusations are true, | 但如果指控属实 |
[01:35] | the school might be well within their rights to revoke her scholarship. | 学校是有权撤回她的奖学金的 |
[01:37] | My friend has assured me that Hannah would never cheat. | 我朋友向我保证汉娜绝不会作弊的 |
[01:40] | So what do you want us to do? | 那你要我们做些什么 |
[01:41] | Handle it. | 搞定它 |
[01:42] | I’ve agreed to give them a break on the billables, | 我答应在收费方面给他们优惠 |
[01:44] | so I’m gonna need associates working on this | 所以我得用小律师来处理这案子 |
[01:46] | rather than a name partner. | 而不是公司合伙人这样的知名大律师 |
[01:47] | Great. Great. | 好的 太好了 |
[01:49] | So, should we… | 所以我们是不是该去… |
[01:50] | Contact the client? Interview the university? | 联系委托人 和学校面谈 |
[01:53] | Sprint from my office and get to work immediately? | 冲出我的办公室立刻开始工作吗 |
[01:54] | Great idea. We’re burning daylight. | 好主意 时不我待啊 |
[02:02] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:03] | We are at work. Discretion, remember? | 我们在工作呢 要谨慎 记得吗 |
[02:05] | What’s up? | 啥事儿 |
[02:06] | Oh, not much. I thought we might just go and… | 也没多大事儿 我想我们可以去… |
[02:10] | I am making copies! | 我正在复印文件呢 |
[02:11] | Why… why would you say that to me while I’m making copies? | 为啥…为啥在我复印文件时和我说这些 |
[02:14] | Your note said you wanted me to speak dirty, | 你留的字条里说 希望我说点淫荡的话 |
[02:16] | So let’s start with a little bit of… | 所以咱们就用点淫荡的话作为开场吧 |
[02:18] | “I long for the taste of…” | “我渴望你的味道…” |
[02:21] | “Strong hands caressing my…” | “渴望你强壮的双手抚摸我的…” |
[02:24] | “Supple”? | “柔嫩肌肤” |
[02:25] | You really think I would use the word “Supple”? | 你真觉得我会使用”柔嫩肌肤”这个词吗 |
[02:28] | I’ll admit I was surprised at first, | 我承认刚开始我也很吃惊 |
[02:29] | but you do have a very extensive vocabulary. | 但是你的词汇量真的挺广的 |
[02:33] | Who sent this to you? | 这是谁给你的 |
[02:34] | You did. | 你呀 |
[02:35] | You didn’t, and you’re not happy. | 原来不是你 而且你生气了 |
[02:38] | Why would I not be happy? | 我生啥气呢 |
[02:40] | The guy I am seeing is getting x-rated notes | 我的男友收到了办公室某女人的 |
[02:42] | from some woman in the office. | 限制级字条 |
[02:44] | I am so happy | 我太高兴了 |
[02:46] | that if I didn’t have a client whose life was exploding, | 如果不是因为我委托人的生活快被毁了 |
[02:48] | I would… | 我会… |
[02:56] | That’s not sexy. That’s terrifying. | 那可一点儿都不性感 吓死人了 |
[03:00] | No, I’m not prying. | 不 我不是在八卦 |
[03:02] | Susan informed me of your indiscretion in the strictest confidence. | 苏珊非常保密地告诉我你的行为不检 |
[03:05] | That is incredibly comforting. | 那可真令人欣慰 |
[03:07] | Her intention was, as always, to protect this firm. | 她的目的至始至终都是保护事务所 |
[03:10] | Her intention is to punish me. | 她的目的是惩罚我 |
[03:13] | Come on, Clifford. | 得了吧 克里夫 |
[03:15] | Can you blame her? | 这你能怪她吗 |
[03:16] | Not only did you expose us to potentially embarrassing litigation, | 你不仅使我们可能遭受尴尬的起诉 |
[03:20] | you also betrayed one of | 你还背叛了一个 |
[03:21] | the most beautiful and intelligent women I know. | 我所认识的最美丽聪明的女人 |
[03:23] | I’m glad you’re so enamored with my wife, | 很高兴你那么倾心于我太太 |
[03:25] | but this is between me and her. | 但这是我和她之间的事 |
[03:27] | Well, unfortunately, it’s not. | 很不幸 并非如此 |
[03:28] | That’s what I came here to tell you. | 我过来就是想告诉你 |
[03:30] | I want you to go on record regarding your relationship with Katie Campbell. | 我要你做笔录说明你和凯特·坎贝尔的关系 |
[03:33] | Why? Has she filed a sexual-harassment suit? | 为什么 她提出性骚扰指控了吗 |
[03:35] | No, not yet. | 不 目前还没 |
[03:36] | But in case she does, I want us to be bulletproof, | 但如果她这么做了 我希望我们早有准备 |
[03:39] | which means we paper our side of it in detail. | 也就是说我方的说辞要详细记录在案 |
[03:41] | Come on, now. Tell me the truth. | 得了吧 实话实说吧 |
[03:43] | You act like you’re protecting the firm, | 你表现得像是在保护事务所 |
[03:45] | but really this is about seeing me humiliated. | 可你实际上是想看着我被羞辱 |
[03:47] | Actually, I am just trying to protect the firm. | 事实上 我只是想保护事务所 |
[03:50] | Your humiliation | 看着你蒙羞 |
[03:51] | is just an unexpected dividend. | 只是额外的收获 |
[03:54] | – Think about what you’re gonna say. – Okay. | -好好想想你要怎么说吧 -好吧 |
[03:56] | – Oh, and by the way… – Yeah. | -顺便说一句… -说吧 |
[03:58] | I just accepted a case | 我刚接了个案子 |
[03:59] | referred by the pro bono committee of the L.A. City Bar. | 是由洛杉矶律师公益委员会介绍来的 |
[04:01] | Of course you have. | 你当然要接了 |
[04:02] | Nobody else would take it, so I volunteered. | 没人想接手 所以我就毛遂自荐了 |
[04:04] | Oh, yeah. Zero cash flow in exchange for | 对呀 没有分文进账 |
[04:06] | a ton of man hours? That’s… | 还得花费大把时间 这真是… |
[04:08] | We have the resources, Cliff! | 我们不用为钱发愁 克里夫 |
[04:09] | Enjoy picking my pocket while you still got the chance! | 趁你还有机会 尽情榨干我吧 |
[04:14] | So, why do you think your scholarship was taken away from you? | 所以 你觉得为什么奖学金会被收回呢 |
[04:18] | I don’t know why my scholarship was taken away. | 我不知道为什么我的奖学金会被收回 |
[04:21] | I still say it’s the Cindy thing. | 我还是觉得这和辛迪有关 |
[04:23] | I’m sorry. What is “The Cindy thing”? | 抱歉 “和辛迪有关”是什么意思 |
[04:25] | Cindy Strecker. | 辛迪·施特雷克 |
[04:26] | She was the number-one player until I beat her out two weeks ago. | 她曾是最好的球员 不过两周前我把她击败了 |
[04:29] | She was pretty pissed. | 她相当生气 |
[04:30] | Well, the school is saying that you committed a code-of-conduct violation. | 学校方面认为你规则性违例了 |
[04:34] | Do you think this girl’s accusing you of cheating? | 你认为是这个女孩在指控你作弊吗 |
[04:37] | We never really got along. | 我们一直水火不容 |
[04:38] | And this is the only communication you’ve had from the administration? | 这是你和管理部门的唯一一次交流吗 |
[04:42] | I live for the team, | 我为球队而活 |
[04:44] | and they didn’t even have the decency to confront me to my face. | 但他们甚至不肯出于礼貌 当面跟我交涉 |
[04:48] | My parents… | 我的父母… |
[04:49] | They can’t afford Westminster. | 他们负担不起西敏大学的学费 |
[04:51] | If I lose my scholarship… | 如果我失去奖学金… |
[04:53] | I’ll have to drop out. | 我就得退学了 |
[04:55] | I know this is a really hard time, | 我知道这是段非常艰难的时期 |
[04:57] | But… try not to worry, okay? | 但…尽量不要太担心 好吗 |
[04:59] | We’re going to do everything we can. | 我们会尽全力帮助你 |
[05:02] | The thing is, Beth… | 事情是这样的 贝希… |
[05:03] | Beth, the thing is… | 贝希 事情是这样的… |
[05:05] | It was wrong of me to assume | 我不该认为 |
[05:06] | that you wrote that fantastically sexy mash note. | 那超级性感肉麻的字条是你写的 |
[05:08] | God, why is this apology turning me off? | 靠 我怎么会被道歉难倒 |
[05:10] | Talking to your tea bag? | 在和你的茶包说话啊 |
[05:12] | Yeah, you’ve tipped over, dude. | 你处于神游状了 哥们儿 |
[05:13] | Me? | 我 |
[05:14] | No worries, mate. I’m fine. | 别担心 伙计 我很好 |
[05:16] | Ah, really? You don’t seem fine. | 是吗 但你看起来可不太好 |
[05:17] | No, I’m — I’m in court today. | 没有 我今天要上庭 |
[05:19] | I’m just practicing my argument, seeing if it holds water. | 所以就练一练我的论证 看是不是无懈可击 |
[05:20] | You look a little tired, though. Your eyes are all puffy. | 你貌似有点累啊 眼睛肿的像金鱼似的 |
[05:23] | Yeah, well, heavy case load. | 有很多案件要处理 |
[05:24] | But that’s how I stay head and shoulders | 所以我才一直都比别人都 |
[05:26] | Above the rest,my friend. | 高出一截啊 |
[05:29] | Yeah, what are you, about — about 6’1″? | 你多高啊 一米八五左右吗 |
[05:30] | Try 6’3″. | 起码一米九 |
[05:31] | – Oh, come, come. I’m 6’2″. – Which is shorter than’3″. | -别装了 我一米八八 -比一米九矮啊 |
[05:35] | I don’t think you’re a whole inch taller than I am. | 我没觉得你能比我高整整两厘米啊 |
[05:36] | No. What? No. | 不是 什么 |
[05:37] | Three is more than two. | 我就是比你高 |
[05:39] | What do you got? What do you got? Let’s make it interesting. | 你有多高 你究竟多高 来比比 |
[05:40] | – Okay, come on. – Oh, please. | -好 比比看 -不是吧 |
[05:42] | It’s not about the shoulder pads. | 这可跟肩垫无关 |
[05:43] | It’s about the head. Turn around. | 得比比头的高度 转过来 |
[05:45] | I know that first-year associates are competitive, but… | 我知道新律师们喜欢相互比较 但是 |
[05:47] | Actually measuring each other? | 居然真在互比身高 |
[05:49] | I suppose I should be glad your belts are still buckled. | 幸好你们比的不是弟弟的长度 |
[05:52] | Gentlemen, do you remember that big train wreck in San Dimas? | 先生们 还记得圣迪马斯的重大火车事故吗 |
[05:55] | The engineer fell asleep at the controls, | 火车司机半路睡着了 |
[05:57] | Derailed a 26-car freight train? | 导致26节货运火车出轨 |
[05:59] | No casualties, millions in property damage and lost cargo. | 没有伤亡 但造成了巨大的经济损失 |
[06:02] | That’s the one. | 就是这个 |
[06:03] | We now represent that engineer. | 我们现在要帮火车司机辩护 |
[06:05] | He’s facing numerous criminal charges | 他正面临多项刑事控告 |
[06:07] | And 25 years to life. | 以及25年甚至一辈子的牢狱之灾 |
[06:09] | Didn’t the guy have drugs in his system? | 那司机有服用什么药物吗 |
[06:11] | Yes, he did. | 有的 |
[06:11] | But he swears there’s an explanation. | 但他发誓吃那些药是有原因的 |
[06:13] | He is also a single dad with no criminal record | 他同时也是个没有犯罪记录的单身父亲 |
[06:17] | And no history of work-related accidents. | 并且没有发生过工作事故 |
[06:19] | Which makes this whole thing smell to me like an aberration. | 这让我觉得整件事另有隐情 |
[06:22] | If he is assigned a public defender, | 如果他被分派到公设辩护律师 |
[06:24] | He’s toast. | 他就完了 |
[06:26] | So, what I’m looking for is a broad-shouldered young hero | 所以 我要找一位有宽厚肩膀的年轻英雄 |
[06:29] | Who will step up and help this poor soul. | 站出来帮助这可怜的人 |
[06:35] | Which one of you is taller? | 你们谁比较高 |
[06:41] | The Westminster board decided it would be | 西敏大学董事会决定 |
[06:43] | In the best interests of Miss Mayfield | 会最大限度考虑梅菲尔德小姐的利益 |
[06:44] | And the college to keep a lid on this matter | 学院不会把这件事外传 |
[06:46] | Until the charges were either proved or disproved. | 直到最终判决出来 |
[06:48] | How can we disprove anything? | 我们要怎样驳斥呢 |
[06:50] | We don’t even know what the charges are. | 我们根本不知道指控的是什么 |
[06:51] | Do you have a factual basis for the revocation, | 这次撤销奖学金是有事实根据的吗 |
[06:53] | Or are you solely acting on rumor and speculation? | 还是单凭流言蜚语而做出的决定呢 |
[06:56] | A steroid accusation was made. | 有人指控她使用了类固醇 |
[06:58] | So we decided we had to investigate. | 所以我们决定展开调查 |
[07:00] | We tested her blood sample that she was required to give | 我们测试了本学期开学时 |
[07:02] | At the start of the season. | 学校要求她提供的血液样本 |
[07:03] | And did Hannah’s blood sample come back positive | 那汉娜的血液样本是否对任何的违禁药物 |
[07:06] | For any illicit substances? | 产生了阳性反应呢 |
[07:08] | No. | 没有 |
[07:09] | But it did yield a surprising result — | 但它却产生了一个让人意外的结果 |
[07:12] | One that led us to request an extensive chromosome analysis. | 促使我们进行了大量的染色体分析 |
[07:15] | Chromosome analysis? What for? | 染色体分析 为什么 |
[07:20] | We believe Hannah Mayfield is actually a man. | 我们认定汉娜·梅菲尔德其实是男性 |
[07:30] | Your honor, this is clearly a constitutional issue. | 法官大人 这明显牵扯到了宪法 |
[07:33] | The fact is that they used our client’s blood | 他们未经同意便用我们当事人的血液 |
[07:35] | to determine gender without her permission | 来断定其性别 |
[07:37] | Violates both her rights to privacy | 这既侵犯了她的隐私权 |
[07:40] | And bodily integrity. | 也侵害了她的身体完整性 |
[07:41] | College and university appeal boards | 高校上诉委员会 |
[07:43] | Are not subject to the same standards of due process as the courts. | 并不受法庭的法定诉讼程序标准的限制 |
[07:47] | Moreover, all scholarship recipients | 此外 所有奖学金获得者 |
[07:49] | Are bound to comply with any testing deemed necessary | 必须接受学院医疗顾问认为必要的 |
[07:52] | By the college’s medical advisory. | 任何测试 |
[07:54] | Even so your honor, the blood test they used | 法官大人 尽管如此 他们进行的血液测试 |
[07:56] | Is by no means a dispositive indication of gender. | 无法决定性的指示出性别 |
[07:58] | The “Y” Chromosome, | “Y”染色体 |
[07:59] | Originally thought to be found only in men, | 原本被认为只会出现在男性身上 |
[08:01] | Is actually present in about 7,500 women | 但仅在美国 就已有7500名女性被发现 |
[08:04] | In the united states alone. | 带有这种染色体 |
[08:06] | On the constitutional issues, I have to side with Mr. Levin. | 就宪法而言 我必须站在莱文先生这边 |
[08:11] | Your client waived her rights | 你的当事人在签订奖学金协议时 |
[08:13] | When she signed those scholarship papers. | 就放弃了她的权利 |
[08:15] | However, I don’t see that Westminster college | 但是 我并未看到西敏大学 |
[08:18] | Has proved that Miss Mayfield can be considered, | 证明了梅菲尔德小姐能从基因或其他角度 |
[08:20] | Genetically or otherwise, a man. | 被认做是男性 |
[08:23] | I therefore grant the injunction | 所以我授予强制令 |
[08:25] | And order that her scholarship be reinstated. | 要求恢复其奖学金 |
[08:34] | Miss Fisher? | 费舍尔小姐 |
[08:35] | Yeah. Ooh! | 是的 |
[08:39] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you. | 抱歉 没想到会吓到你 |
[08:41] | Um…this is not recreational. | 我不是在休闲娱乐 |
[08:44] | I have weak core muscles. I was just trying to… | 我腹部肌肉不够强壮 我只是想 |
[08:47] | …squeeze in a little exercise. | 挤出点时间来锻炼一下 |
[08:48] | I have an assignment that requires the utmost discretion. | 我有一份需要极度谨慎处理的任务 |
[08:52] | Discretion is my middle name. | 谨慎可是我的别名啊 |
[08:53] | No doubt you’ve heard the rumors | 你一定听过关于凯特·坎贝尔 |
[08:55] | Regarding the sudden departure of Katie Campbell. | 突然离开的谣言 |
[08:58] | I heard she got a promotion. | 我听说她升职了 |
[08:59] | Yes. Yes, she did. | 是的 的确是这样 |
[09:01] | After she had an affair with Cliff. | 在和克里夫有过婚外情后升职了 |
[09:05] | I so did not want to know that. | 我还真不想知道这事 |
[09:07] | In order to guard against potential fallout litigation, | 为了避免潜在的后续诉讼 |
[09:10] | I want you to interview Cliff | 我要你去和克里夫谈谈 |
[09:13] | As soon as possible. | 越快越好 |
[09:13] | – Me? – Yes. | -我吗 -是的 |
[09:15] | Cliff. Really? | 克里夫 当真吗 |
[09:16] | Susan recommended you. | 苏珊推荐的你 |
[09:18] | She said that your work on the asbestos case… | 她说你处理石棉案子的工作 |
[09:21] | Was exceptional. | 做得非常出色 |
[09:23] | So she knows about all of this. | 所以她知道一切 |
[09:24] | For obvious reasons, she’s taken herself out of the loop. | 很明显 她不想趟这趟浑水 |
[09:30] | – Okay? – Okay. | -可以吗 -没问题 |
[09:32] | Okay. | 很好 |
[09:35] | Uh, remember, rule number one | 记住 规则一 |
[09:38] | Discretion. | 谨慎 |
[09:48] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[09:50] | I’m dead. | 我死定了 |
[09:51] | I must have dozed off and missed the track change. | 我当时肯定是睡着了 错过了轨道变更 |
[09:53] | Next thing I knew, | 接着我知道的就是 |
[09:54] | the train crumpled like a stack of Dixie Cups. | 火车像塑料纸杯一样皱巴巴的了 |
[09:56] | I’m just thankful no one got hurt. | 幸好没有人受伤 |
[09:58] | And you admitted to taking your son’s | 你承认了你服用了 |
[10:00] | ADHD medication to stay awake. | 用来治疗你儿子多动症的药物 来保持清醒 |
[10:01] | The only reason I took them was because I had been working | 我服用那些药物是因为我已经连续工作 |
[10:04] | Two weeks straight. | 两个星期了 |
[10:05] | I had no idea the hyperactivity meds would make me fall asleep. | 我根本不知道治疗多动症的药会让我嗜睡 |
[10:09] | Why didn’t you just ask your supervisor for the day off? | 为什么你不向你的主管请假呢 |
[10:10] | DNT rail laid off 40% of their employees | DNT铁路公司因为经济不景气 |
[10:13] | 6 months ago due to the economy. | 在六个月前裁员了40% |
[10:17] | The guys who made the cut were told | 上面要求负责解雇的人 |
[10:18] | To pick up the slack or else. | 专裁那种干活不起劲的 |
[10:20] | Did management actually say that? | 管理人员真的那么说了吗 |
[10:23] | Not in so many words, | 没说得那么详细 |
[10:24] | But, uh, the general attitude was | 但是 基本意思就是 |
[10:27] | “Do whatever it takes to get the job done.” | “要不惜一切代价完成工作” |
[10:29] | And there’s other employees on the job | 还有其它的人 |
[10:30] | Taking drugs to stay awake? | 也靠吃药来维持清醒吗 |
[10:31] | A lot of us were, yes. | 我们很多人都这么做 |
[10:32] | Look, I’m not gonna sugarcoat this. | 听着 我就直说了 |
[10:33] | – You’re in a tough spot. – Mr. Bennet… | -你处境困难啊 -班尼特先生 |
[10:36] | Please. | 求你了 |
[10:38] | I know what I did was wrong. | 我知道我做的不对 |
[10:40] | I’ll do anything to make restitution. | 我会尽我所能来补偿 |
[10:42] | But my, uh… | 但是 我的 |
[10:44] | But my son… | 但我的儿子 |
[10:48] | I’m all he’s got. | 我是他唯一的亲人 |
[10:51] | I can’t let him end up in foster care. | 我不能让他余生都寄养在别人家 |
[10:53] | I’ll do my best, Mr. Shea. | 我尽力而为 谢伊先生 |
[11:07] | Mind if I pick your brain? | 借用下你的脑子行吗 |
[11:10] | That would be a very long and sordid enterprise. | 那可是项耗时又长 又很恶心的工作啊 |
[11:13] | I’m just wondering, | 我在想 |
[11:14] | if you had to question someone scary — | 如果不得不去询问一个可怕的人 |
[11:17] | I mean really scary — | 我是说 真的非常可怕的人 |
[11:18] | how might you approach that? | 你会怎么开口 |
[11:20] | – You talking about Cliff? – I didn’t — | -你在说克里夫吧 -我没有 |
[11:22] | How did you… know that? | 你咋知道的 |
[11:23] | It’s all right. | 这很正常 |
[11:24] | I always know everything first. | 我总是能未卜先知 |
[11:26] | Please feel free to spread that around. | 请尽情把这话散播出去 |
[11:28] | Look, when it comes to questioning Cliff… | 可是这次询问的对象是克里夫 |
[11:31] | I don’t think I can do it. | 我怕我无法胜任 |
[11:32] | Yes, you can! | 不 你能行的 |
[11:33] | Now, listen, you’re smart, you’re capable, | 你聪明能干 |
[11:35] | and you’re too little to hit. | 而且小巧玲珑 微不足道 |
[11:37] | Listen… | 听着 |
[11:39] | The truth is, you’re the one who can walk the tightrope. | 说真的 只有你能处理这件棘手的事 |
[11:42] | Okay, so what’s your plan? | 说说你的计划 |
[11:44] | I am going to bake him a cake. | 我准备给他做个蛋糕 |
[11:47] | – Cake? – Yeah. | -蛋糕 -对 |
[11:49] | Sweetheart, you might want to think that through. | 宝贝儿 你也许该好好考虑一下 |
[11:50] | Well, I did. | 我考虑过了 |
[11:51] | I’m an exceptionally good baker. | 我的烘焙手艺无与伦比 |
[11:53] | And my cakes are irresistible. | 我做的蛋糕人见人爱 |
[11:55] | Plus, it will put him at ease. | 而且还能让他放松心情 |
[11:57] | And let’s be honest — | 老实说 |
[11:58] | when is offering someone dessert ever a bad idea? | 送甜点什么时候都管用 |
[12:02] | You think the prince of darkness likes sprinkles? | 你觉得黑暗王子会喜欢巧克力蛋糕吗 |
[12:04] | Uh, I-I’m not sure, but, uh, good luck with that. | 我不确定 不过 祝你好运 |
[12:11] | Thank you, guys, so much for everything. | 伙计们 谢谢你们所做的一切 |
[12:12] | Yeah. You guys were great in there. | 是啊 你们的表现太棒了 |
[12:14] | We’re just glad it all worked out. | 我们很高兴问题都解决了 |
[12:16] | Congratulations on your victory, | 恭喜你们胜诉 |
[12:18] | however short-lived. | 虽然只是暂时的 |
[12:18] | What are you talking about? | 你这话什么意思 |
[12:19] | Well, now that Miss Mayfield is once again subject | 既然梅菲尔德小姐再次作为普通学生 |
[12:22] | to the Westminster College code of conduct, | 要受到西敏学院的行为准则的规范 |
[12:24] | We must verify that she’s in full compliance | 我们就必须核实她是否 |
[12:26] | of all the terms and conditions of her scholarship. | 完全符合奖学金申领条件 |
[12:29] | Uh, this is a formal written demand | 这是一份书面要求 |
[12:31] | that your client submit to a gender-verification test. | 你的当事人需要进行性别鉴定 |
[12:36] | Excuse me. | 等一下 |
[12:38] | Why are you pressing this so forcefully? | 你为何要咄咄逼人 |
[12:40] | This is a sponsored scholarship intended for a woman. | 这项赞助奖学金仅提供给女性 |
[12:44] | Some of the board members have expressed discomfort at her status. | 一些董事对她的情况颇有微词 |
[12:48] | They say it tarnishes our sports program. | 他们认为此事败坏了体育比赛的名声 |
[12:50] | So a gender test. What if we refuse? | 所以提出性别鉴定 如果我们拒绝呢 |
[12:52] | Then Miss Mayfield rfeits her scholarship. | 那梅菲尔德小姐就将失去奖学金资格 |
[12:54] | Believe me, it’s nothing personal. | 相信我 这是对事不对人 |
[13:01] | – Yeah? – Rahcel Esposito? | -请进 -是瑞秋·埃斯波西托吗 |
[13:04] | I’m Malcolm Bennet from sterling huddle oppenheim & craft. | 我是斯特林事务所的马尔科姆·班尼特 |
[13:07] | I’m here to discuss Douglas Shea, | 我想来谈谈道格拉斯·谢伊的事 |
[13:08] | the engineer who crashed the train. | 就是那位导致火车事故的司机 |
[13:10] | Uh, come in, Mr. Bennet. | 请进 班尼特先生 |
[13:12] | “Malcolm,” Please. | 请叫我马尔科姆 |
[13:15] | Well, malcolm, I have half an hour and a sandwich, | 马尔科姆 我只有半小时的午餐时间 |
[13:18] | So, if we could speed this along? | 所以 我们能速战速决吗 |
[13:21] | Absolutely. | 如你所愿 |
[13:23] | My client admitted culpability, | 我的当事人承认他对事故负有责任 |
[13:24] | he expressed public remorse, | 他已经公开表示了懊悔 |
[13:26] | he has no prior convictions, | 他没有前科 |
[13:27] | and, what’s more, he’s a single dad | 而且是个单身父亲 |
[13:28] | trying to raise his 8-year-old son. | 独自抚养8岁的儿子 |
[13:30] | So what do you say to time served, | 你看 能不能抵消一部分刑期 |
[13:32] | plus probation? | 并且缓期执行 |
[13:35] | I say, “Dream on.” | 做梦去吧 |
[13:37] | What, did you think you could just waltz in here, | 你以为一摇三晃地走进来 |
[13:39] | flash that smile, and attempt to dictate terms to me? | 露出一口大白牙 就能让我接受条件吗 |
[13:42] | I’m not attempting a-any such thing. | 我没有任何企图 |
[13:45] | I’m just trying to let you know that my client — | 我只想让你知道 我的当事人… |
[13:47] | Your client wrecked a cargo train… | 你的当事人毁坏了一辆载货火车 |
[13:49] | That caused millions in damage. | 损失多达数百万 |
[13:51] | People could have been hurt. | 所幸无人受伤 |
[13:52] | This case was headline news. | 这个案子上了头条新闻 |
[13:54] | There’s no way I’m gonna have my name associated | 我可不想牵扯进 |
[13:56] | with some sweetheart deal. | 什么私下交易 |
[13:57] | Is that what you’re really concerned with, Rachel? | 你担心的就是这个吗 瑞秋 |
[14:01] | Your image? | 你的形象 |
[14:02] | I’m a public servant, Malcolm. | 我是个公务员 马尔科姆 |
[14:05] | I represent the people. | 我代表人民 |
[14:06] | And in this case, the people want justice. | 在这个案件里 人民想要正义的审判 |
[14:09] | This is me… eating lunch… | 就说这么多 我现在要吃饭了 |
[14:12] | Alone. | 不想被打扰 |
[14:15] | My card. | 这是我的名片 |
[14:41] | “Nothing personal”?! | 对事不对人 |
[14:42] | How can you say it’s nothing personal? | 怎么能说对事不对人 |
[14:45] | This couldn’t be more personal. | 完全就是在针对我 |
[14:47] | Unfortunately, according to the terms and conditions | 很遗憾 根据奖学金申领条款的规定 |
[14:49] | of your scholarship, they’re completely within their rights. | 他们完全有权提出要求 |
[14:51] | What up, “Crying game”? | 你好啊 《哭泣游戏》 |
[14:51] | 电影《哭泣游戏》中 女主角实际是男儿身 | |
[14:53] | What the hell is wrong with you?! | 你有毛病啊 |
[14:54] | I’m not the one that did it! | 又不是我一个人这么喊 |
[14:55] | – Did what? – Dylan. | -喊什么 -迪兰 |
[14:57] | Look at this. | 看这里 |
[15:01] | Oh, my god. | 天啊 |
[15:09] | Hannah? | 汉娜 |
[15:15] | What those students did to Hannah qualifies a hate crime | 那些学生对汉娜的行为已经构成仇恨犯罪了 |
[15:18] | Yes, and the school says they’ll investigate, | 没错 而且校方也说了会进行调查 |
[15:20] | but you can’t go slam a guy up against a wall. | 但你不能就那么把学生按在墙上 |
[15:22] | I’m sorry, but — | 对不起 只是 |
[15:24] | Look, growing up, my dad wasn’t around. | 我从小父亲就不在身边 |
[15:28] | So I get leaned on a lot. | 所以我是家里的顶梁柱 |
[15:29] | Suffice it to say, I don’t like bullies. | 老实说 我讨厌恃强凌弱的人 |
[15:32] | I went to an all-girls school. | 我上的是女子学校 |
[15:33] | And it was “Lord of the flies.” | 简直就是《蝇王》的翻版 |
[15:35] | And, to be honest, I was kind of a bully. | 说实话 我就有那么点恃强凌弱 |
[15:38] | A world-class mean girl. | 是个世界级的坏女孩 |
[15:39] | Thankfully, I’ve grown out of that. | 谢天谢地 我已经改变了 |
[15:41] | Okay, I’m a work in progress. | 好吧 改变了一些 |
[15:43] | Hey! Drop the forks! | 喂 把叉子放下 |
[15:48] | I need that cake for professional reasons. | 这蛋糕是我工作要用的 |
[15:51] | What have you done?! | 你们都干了些什么啊 |
[15:52] | This was going to be my opening gambit. | 我得靠它来做开场白 |
[15:54] | – What opening gambit? – You know what, it..? | -什么开场白 -知道吗 这… |
[15:56] | It…doesn’t matter. | 这次就算了 |
[15:57] | Next time, respect the sticky. | 下次请看清字条 |
[15:59] | Okay? | 记住了 |
[16:01] | – Who reads the sticky? – Who leaves the sticky? | -谁会看字条啊 -谁写的字条 |
[16:06] | Mr. Bennet. | 班尼特先生 |
[16:08] | How’s it going with your engineer case? | 司机的案子进展如何 |
[16:10] | Good. | 不错 |
[16:10] | I, um, ran into a minor speed bump with the D.A., | 我跟地方检察官小过了一招 不太顺利 |
[16:14] | but…I’m working on it. | 不过我在跟进了 |
[16:15] | Mr. Priory has come to your aid with a brilliant maneuver. | 普拉利先生有个好办法能帮到你 |
[16:18] | Basically, we will attack on two fronts — | 基本说来就是 我们要双管齐下 |
[16:21] | both criminal and civil. | 刑事和民事一起来 |
[16:23] | Since your case seemed a little thin to begin with, | 你的案子貌似开局不利 |
[16:25] | I thought I’d do some research, | 所以我想 我可以做些调查 |
[16:26] | help you out. | 帮你搞定 |
[16:27] | I concluded that we can file a civil suit against DNT Rail | 我们可以提起民事诉讼 控告DNT铁路公司 |
[16:30] | for violating state and federal law | 违反了州际和联邦法律 |
[16:32] | by creating an unsafe work environment | 他们创造的工作环境不安全 |
[16:34] | in violation of OSHA — | 违反了OSHA的规定 |
[16:35] | The occupational safety and he– | 就是职业安全与卫生条例 |
[16:37] | I know what osha means. | 我知道OSHA是啥 |
[16:38] | Introducing a civil lawsuit is certain to draw even more media attention, | 考虑到这案子已经广受关注了 |
[16:42] | given the already heated situation. | 加入民事诉讼肯定能吸引更多媒体的注意 |
[16:44] | Which might influence the jury pool | 有可能在开庭之前 |
[16:46] | before your criminal trial even begins. | 就会影响到陪审团的决定 |
[16:48] | Not to mention that the burden of proof is less on the civil side. | 而且在民事诉讼案中我们的举证责任不大 |
[16:51] | And if we win, you can use it at trial. | 如果我们胜诉 你就能在审判中加以利用了 |
[16:53] | Sounds a little desperate to me. | 听起来有点慌不择路啊 |
[16:55] | I prefer to think of it as…unorthodox. | 我更觉得这是种… 独辟蹊径的做法 |
[16:58] | Which is precisely why I like it. | 这正是我最欣赏的 |
[17:01] | Mr. Priory, you will head up the civil claim | 普拉利先生 在班尼特先生继续 |
[17:02] | While Mr. Bennet continues the criminal case. | 刑事案件期间 由你来负责民事诉讼 |
[17:05] | Keep each other apprised, gentlemen. | 先生们 要保证沟通顺畅 |
[17:07] | Remember, we are all after the same thing. | 记住 我们的目标是一致的 |
[17:13] | Who’s taller now? | 现在谁更”高”呢 |
[17:21] | Excuse me, Mr. Huddle? | 请原谅 哈多先生 |
[17:23] | Sorry to bother you. | 很抱歉打扰您 |
[17:24] | I was hoping we could schedule a time | 希望您能抽出些时间 |
[17:26] | For me to ask you some questions? | 让我问您几个问题 |
[17:30] | Close the door. | 关门 |
[17:37] | So you’re Hart’s grand inquisitor. | 看来你就是哈特派来的问询官了 |
[17:39] | I made you cake. | 我为您做了蛋糕 |
[17:40] | – No utensil? – Excuse me? | -没有餐具吗 -您说什么 |
[17:42] | You baked me a cake, presumably so I may eat it. | 你为我做了蛋糕 并且觉得我会吃了它 |
[17:46] | But you failed to bring me a fork. | 可你却忘记为我准备刀叉了 |
[17:50] | Um, should I go — | 哦 我现在去… |
[17:52] | No. | 不必了 |
[17:55] | Might as well get this over with, huh? | 我还是将就一下吧 |
[17:58] | Go ahead. | 问吧 |
[18:04] | You’re not gonna tape this. | 你不能录音 |
[18:05] | Oh, then, how do I… | 那我怎么… |
[18:07] | Take notes! | 做笔录 |
[18:09] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:11] | When did you fst meet Katie Campbell? | 您和凯特·坎贝尔第一次见面是什么时候 |
[18:14] | I have no idea. | 我忘了 |
[18:16] | Was it perhaps January 3rd of last year? | 是不是去年1月3日 |
[18:19] | That’s when you first interviewed her. | 您首次面试她的时候 |
[18:21] | Let’s just say that, then. | 就算是吧 |
[18:22] | Okay, so, how long after that first interview did your… | 好的 在首次面试之后多久… |
[18:27] | Intimate interaction begin? | 你们开始有暧昧关系的 |
[18:29] | My intimate interaction? | 暧昧关系 |
[18:31] | Please, I’m trying here. | 拜托 我尽量注意措辞了 |
[18:32] | An approximation would be fine. | 给我一个大概的时间就好 |
[18:34] | One month? Two months? | 一个月 或者两个月 |
[18:36] | I really don’t remember. | 我真的不记得了 |
[18:37] | Mr. Huddle, I’ve been charged by a senior partner of this firm | 哈多先生 我受命于这家公司的老板 |
[18:40] | To take your statement. | 来问取你对事件的陈述 |
[18:42] | And according to the articles of partnership, | 根据公司章程的有关规定 |
[18:44] | You are obliged to answer my questions | 你有义务尽可能诚实地 |
[18:46] | As truthfully as possible. | 回答我的问题 |
[18:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:52] | At least you’re earning your salary… | 起码对得起公司给你的薪水 |
[18:55] | For as long as that lasts. | 只要你没被解雇 |
[18:59] | Sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[19:00] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[19:06] | To answer your question, | 我来回答你的问题 |
[19:10] | Katie and I have been having “Intimate interactions”… | 凯特和我的”暧昧关系”… |
[19:16] | For the last four or five months. | 已经有四到五个月了 |
[19:22] | What? | 怎么 |
[19:23] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[19:24] | No, you said something. You said, “Oh.” | 不对 你刚才说”噢” |
[19:25] | “Oh” Means something. What? | “噢”是有潜在含义的 是什么 |
[19:26] | I’m sorry, it’s just, anything over three months | 抱歉 只是 能超过三个月的男女关系 |
[19:29] | Has to be considered a relationship, | 都会被认定为恋爱关系 |
[19:31] | Not an affair. | 而非简单的外遇 |
[19:33] | Citing what legal precedent? | 哪条法律规定的 |
[19:35] | Oh, I wasn’t speaking as a lawyer. | 哦 我不是从一个律师的角度说的 |
[19:37] | I was speaking as a woman. | 而是从一个女人的角度 |
[19:40] | All right. Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[19:46] | You’re saying, as a woman, | 你是说 作为一个女人 |
[19:48] | You would find it harder to forgive your partner’s indiscretion | 通常很难原谅自己伴侣的不忠行为 |
[19:51] | If it lasted four months rather than three? | 持续超过三个月 |
[19:53] | Anything over three months is more than a fling. | 任何超过三个月的情事都不再是露水风流了 |
[19:57] | There were feelings there. | 而是有真情实感的 |
[19:59] | Unless you’re nota feelings guy. | 除非你是个冷酷无情的家伙 |
[20:07] | What up, player? | 怎么样 篮球小子 |
[20:07] | Gonna eat your heart. | 早晚把你挖心剖腹了 |
[20:09] | Grouchy is not a good color on you, broheim. | 老弟 发牢骚可不是个好习惯 |
[20:12] | Oh! I’m sorry, Rowdy. | 对不起 劳迪 |
[20:13] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[20:15] | For what? | 为啥抱歉 |
[20:16] | For whatever’s going on between you and Liam | 为你和黎姆之间的事 |
[20:18] | And your… private little thang. | 还有你们的… 私房小事 |
[20:21] | How do you do that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[20:23] | Instinct. | 本能而已 |
[20:25] | So? | 那么 |
[20:26] | Well, he got this note, this steamy come-on, | 好吧 他收到张充满挑逗与诱惑的字条 |
[20:29] | And he thought it was from me. | 他以为是我写的 |
[20:30] | – It wasn’t? – No! | -难道不是吗 -当然不是 |
[20:31] | He’s been with a lot of women. | 他一直风流成性… |
[20:33] | Okay? You know, I | 对吧 你知道 我… |
[20:35] | He’s — he’s | 他是… |
[20:36] | He’s catnip. | 他是一株猫薄荷 |
[20:38] | That lad is like catnip for women. | 那小帅哥就像一株能迷倒异性的猫薄荷 |
[20:40] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[20:41] | And I can’t help it. | 而我却无能为力 |
[20:42] | It makes me feel scared and exposed and insecure, | 这让我很慌乱 动摇 没安全感 |
[20:45] | Like nothing I am or could ever be | 我怕自己现在或将来 |
[20:47] | Will be fresh and new, because there’s always — | 都不会让他有新鲜感了 因为一直有… |
[20:50] | Why am I telling you this here in the hall?! | 我怎么会在大庭广众之下和你说这个 |
[20:52] | Because — because somewhere deep down inside of you, | 那是因为 在你的内心深处 |
[20:55] | You understand that I am an instinctual emotional genius, | 你知道我就是一位本能的情感天才 |
[20:59] | Capable of solving even the thorniest of romantic problems. | 有能力处理任何高难度的感情问题 |
[21:02] | Now, what can I do for you? | 现在 我能为你做些什么 |
[21:05] | Nothing. | 什么也别做 |
[21:07] | Stay out of it. | 置身事外就好 |
[21:08] | I want a boyfriend who can fix his own problems in a relationship. | 我想找一个在感情上能够自律的男朋友 |
[21:11] | Otherwise, what’s the point of having one? | 不然的话 宁缺勿滥 |
[21:13] | That is a very smart young woman in a very tight skirt. | 真是个身着超紧身小裙的高智商少女 |
[21:24] | See you found my lunchtime getaway spot. | 看来你找到我的午间休闲操场了 |
[21:25] | Your spot? The building manager told me | 你的操场 可大厦经理告诉我 |
[21:27] | He put this hoop up here for his kids. | 他装这个篮球架是为了他的孩子 |
[21:29] | Yeah, but I pay them 20 bucks to get an hour to myself every day. | 对 不过我付了20块 每天独享一小时 |
[21:31] | That’s cool. | 行啊你 |
[21:32] | If you’re embarrassed by your game, I can go. | 如果你羞于展示自己球技的话 我可以走 |
[21:33] | – “Embarrassed.” – Ugh. – Hardly. | -“羞于” -对 -几乎没有过 |
[21:38] | Let me ask you a question. | 我想问你个问题 |
[21:39] | Why did you feel obliged to horn in on my case? | 你为啥非要跑来对我的案子指手画脚 |
[21:42] | I’m not horning in on your case. | 我没有对你的案子指手画脚 |
[21:44] | I’m trying to generate an alternative cause of action | 我只是尽可能的为客户寻求 |
[21:45] | For the sake of the client. | 可供选择的方案 |
[21:47] | Which will make you look really good in front of Hart. | 那确实令你在哈特面前无限风光啊 |
[21:50] | Look… | 听着… |
[21:51] | I suggest, for the good of the client, | 为了客户的利益 我建议 |
[21:53] | That we put our competition aside and work together. | 我们放下竞争 精诚合作 |
[21:55] | I got no problem teaming up. | 我对协作没有任何问题 |
[21:56] | Just got a problem with show-offs. | 只是受不了你的炫耀 |
[21:57] | You know, guys who are only out to impress the boss? | 就像那种只想给老板留下好印象的人 |
[22:04] | Because…if you screw up your case, | 因为 如果你搞砸了你的案子 |
[22:07] | You could screw up my case. | 你也可能搞砸了我的案子 |
[22:09] | And I’m not about to let that happen. | 我可不会任其发生 |
[22:11] | Well, I see two flaws in your argument — | 我在你的论点中找到两处漏洞 |
[22:13] | One… I’m not a show-off. | 首先 我没有炫耀 |
[22:19] | And two… | 其次… |
[22:22] | You got no idea who you’re dealing with. | 你根本不知道你在和谁交手 |
[22:25] | Neither do you. | 你也一样 |
[22:32] | That was a travel. | 你带球走步了 |
[22:38] | The test results are back. | 检查结果出来了 |
[22:40] | Of the five experts, two concluded you were female, | 五位专家 两位认定你是女性 |
[22:44] | Two concluded you were male, | 两位认定你是男性 |
[22:46] | And one was undecided. | 还有一位表示不确定 |
[22:48] | So what does that mean? | 那说明什么 |
[22:49] | Well, the technical term | 用专业术语来说 |
[22:51] | For someone in your situation is “Intersex.” | 你这种情况被称为”雌雄间性” |
[22:55] | It refers to someone who’s not strictly male…or female. | 专指那些既非男性也非女性的人群 |
[22:59] | So, what? I’m some kind of freak? | 什么意思 是说我是个怪胎吗 |
[23:03] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[23:04] | What about my scholarship? | 那我的奖学金呢 |
[23:05] | Unfortunately, the terms explicitly specify | 很不幸 获奖说明特别规定了 |
[23:08] | The recipent must be female. | 受奖者必须是女性 |
[23:10] | – Is this where you tell me this is all a joke? – Hannah… | -你们能不能告诉我这是个玩笑 -Hannah |
[23:13] | That I’m, like, being punked? | 我只是被戏弄了 |
[23:14] | I wish we could. | 我们也希望如此 |
[23:16] | No, don’t you see? | 你们不明白吗 |
[23:18] | Everything I worked for is gone! | 我所努力的一切都没了 |
[23:20] | God, no, this just isn’t fair! | 天啊 太不公平了 |
[23:22] | This is how god made me! | 我天生就是这样啊 |
[23:24] | What am I supposed to do now?! | 我现在该怎么办 |
[23:26] | What am I supposed to do?! | 我该怎么办 |
[23:34] | How many hours do DNT Rail’s engineers work in a typical week? | DNT铁路公司的工程师一周工作多少个小时 |
[23:37] | It varies, but we obviously adhere | 不一定 但很明显 |
[23:40] | to federal rules and regulations. | 我们是在按联邦法规行事 |
[23:42] | Are you aware of accusations that your employees | 有指控说你的员工 |
[23:44] | routinely use illegal substances while performing their duties? | 在工作期间常服用非法药物 你是否知情呢 |
[23:47] | Our drug-testing policy is beyond reproach. | 我们的药检政策是无懈可击的 |
[23:50] | The fact is, we have a flawless record. | 事实上 我们有份毫无瑕疵的记录 |
[23:52] | not a single positive test in company history. | 公司史上从未出现过任何阳性的测试结果 |
[23:56] | An unblemished record. | 一份清白的记录 |
[23:57] | A perfect record. | 一份完美的记录 |
[24:01] | The company’s clean. | 公司是清白的 |
[24:04] | Spotless. | 无可挑剔 |
[24:05] | Even the employee drug-test records are perfect. | 就连员工药检记录都是完美的 |
[24:08] | – Not one false positive? – Nope. | -连假阳性都没有吗 -没有 |
[24:11] | Congratulations. Well done. | 那恭喜你 干得好 |
[24:14] | I don’t undetand. | 我不明白 |
[24:14] | Perfection is an illusion, Liam. | 完美只是假象 黎姆 |
[24:18] | Much sought after but never achieved. | 是人们一直在追求 却永远不可能实现的 |
[24:20] | They’re hiding something. | 他们一定在隐瞒着什么 |
[24:21] | So you want me to keep digging? | 所以 你希望我深入调查 |
[24:23] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[24:24] | Go through all the discovery. | 仔细检查所有的发现 |
[24:26] | Check and re-check the data, and then check it again. | 反复核查所有数据 |
[24:28] | You will find something. | 你会有所发现的 |
[24:30] | So, I’ll go ahead and get lunch sent to my desk, then. | 那我去查了 让午饭送到我办公桌来 |
[24:36] | And maybe dinner, as well. | 可能晚饭也要送了 |
[24:41] | Nose to the grindstone, counselor. | 玩命干吧 律师 |
[24:49] | Just a little heads-up. | 给你提个醒 |
[24:51] | Addy’s gonna come by later and ask you some questions. | 艾迪一会儿会过来问你些问题 |
[24:54] | About what? | 关于什么的 |
[24:54] | She said that Cliff thought that you and Katie | 她说克里夫觉得你和凯特 |
[24:56] | might be more than friends. | 可能不止是朋友关系 |
[25:00] | Why would Cliff be talking to Addy about my business? | 克里夫怎么会跟艾迪说起我的事 |
[25:03] | There has been a little… how shall I put this… | 有一些 我该怎么说呢 |
[25:05] | uh, ass covering going on. | 需要收拾残局的事情 |
[25:08] | Addy has been tasked to damage control | 艾迪被派去”控制损害”了 |
[25:11] | Should there be any legal fallout | 凯特的”重新分配”问题 |
[25:13] | due to Katie’s, uh, “Reassignment.” | 可能会带来一些法律后果 |
[25:15] | They think Katie might sue for sexual harassment? | 他们觉得凯特可能会控诉性骚扰吗 |
[25:18] | Red ran hot. Who knows what she might do? | 狗急跳墙 谁知道她会做什么 |
[25:21] | Let me ask you something. | 我来问问你 |
[25:22] | When you and Katie… Huh… | 你和凯特”嗨”的时候 |
[25:24] | Were you also aware that Cliff and Katie… Hoo… | 知道她和克里夫的事吗 |
[25:29] | Not until he came over the night I was there. | 直到我在那晚 他来找她 我才知道 |
[25:31] | Mm, that paints a picture. | 真有画面啊 |
[25:32] | She didn’t let him in. | 她没让他进来 |
[25:33] | Not that he didn’t want in — badly. | 即使他迫不及待想进来 |
[25:35] | You think he came over for sex? | 你觉得他来是为了上床 |
[25:37] | What conclusion would you draw? | 那你觉得呢 |
[25:38] | Well, cliff’s position is he only came by | 克里夫说他只是 |
[25:39] | To make sure she was okay after he broke up with her. | 去确保他甩了她之后她没事 |
[25:42] | Except she broke up with him. | 可是是凯特甩的他 |
[25:43] | Do you have specific knowledge that his statement is incorrect? | 你能确定他说了谎吗 |
[25:46] | No. | 不能 |
[25:48] | Then I would remember that going forward. | 那你就该记住 事情就是如他所说的那样 |
[25:51] | Did you just come by here | 你来是不是只为了确保 |
[25:52] | to make sure my story lined up with Cliff’s? | 我的故事能跟克里夫所说的相一致 |
[25:54] | And now the question portion of the evening is over. | 今晚的提问环节已经结束 |
[25:56] | Time for a little light entertainment. | 该来点轻松的娱乐了 |
[26:04] | Look at this. Look at this. Can he get out the door? | 看呐看呐 看他能走出这门不 |
[26:06] | I think he can. 2, 3, 4, 5. | 我觉得他能 2 3 4 5 |
[26:08] | Think quick! | 反应要快 |
[26:10] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[26:25] | You look tired. Maybe we should take a break. | 你看起来很累 也许该休息下了 |
[26:27] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[26:28] | Score’s finally tied up. | 比分好不容易接近了 |
[26:30] | I mean, I don’t want to be held responsible | 不过 如果你因为脱水而昏倒 |
[26:33] | for you collapsing due to dehydration. | 我可不想负责 |
[26:34] | – So if you want to stop… – Me? | -所以如果你想休息 -我 |
[26:36] | You look like you’re about to have a cardiac arrest. | 你看起来都快心脏停搏了 |
[26:38] | I don’t want that on my conscience. | 我可不想因此良心不安 |
[26:39] | Well, as long as we’re agreed you’re the one who called the time-out, | 只要你同意是你叫的暂停 |
[26:42] | I can do that. | 我就同意休息 |
[26:48] | I should get that. It could be about the case. | 我该去接下电话 可能是案子的事 |
[26:50] | I knew you were soft. | 就知道你软弱 |
[26:55] | Interesting. | 有意思 |
[26:57] | What? | 怎么了 |
[26:58] | Give us some of your drink, and I’ll tell you. | 给我喝点儿就告诉你 |
[27:00] | No way, du. Cold and flu season. | 没门儿 现在可是流感盛行的季节 |
[27:01] | Well, then, I guess I don’t have to share this information | 那看来我不用跟你分享 |
[27:03] | I just got back from the lab. | 我刚从实验室得到的消息了 |
[27:05] | What information? | 什么消息 |
[27:06] | Hart told me to check and re-check all the discovery. | 哈特让我再反复核查所有发现 |
[27:09] | So I had a lab retest all the employee samples | 所以我找了间实验室 让他们重新测试了 |
[27:11] | for the last six months. | 过去6个月所有员工的样本 |
[27:13] | And? | 结果呢 |
[27:15] | Turns out their flawless record has a lot in common with your jump shot. | 结果他们的完美记录就像你的跳投 |
[27:18] | They both come up seriously short. | 都只是昙花一现 |
[27:22] | Is that your phone? | 是你电话响了吗 |
[27:25] | No, it’s… | 不 是 |
[27:29] | That’s good drinkin’. | 真好喝 |
[27:30] | It’s yours now. | 现在归你了 |
[27:32] | Thanks, buddy. | 谢谢 哥们儿 |
[27:33] | There has to be some way we can get her back into school. | 肯定有方法能把她弄回学校 |
[27:35] | You could argue discrimination. | 可以用歧视来辩护 |
[27:37] | Position Hannah as a transgendered person. | 将汉娜算在变性族群里 |
[27:39] | Which would make her a protected class under California State Law. | 这样她就能受到加州法律的保护了 |
[27:42] | Hannah and I discussed it. | 我跟汉娜讨论过这个 |
[27:43] | She doesn’t want to go that way. | 她不希望这样 |
[27:44] | She feels marginalized enough. | 她觉得自己已经够边缘化了 |
[27:46] | I’d resent the hell out of anyone | 要是有人试图告诉我 我不是女人 |
[27:47] | trying to tell me I wasn’t a woman. | 我也会心怀怨恨的 |
[27:48] | It’s been so much worse since the gynecologist’s report came back. | 妇科医生的报告出来后状况就更糟了 |
[27:52] | It turns out Hannah’s also infertile. | 结果表明汉娜不孕 |
[27:55] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[27:56] | Hannah can’t have kids? | 汉娜无法怀孕吗 |
[27:58] | Try not to sound so excited when you say that. | 说这句话的时候别那么激动 |
[28:00] | No, no, that’s not what I mean. | 不不 我不是这个意思 |
[28:01] | We’re looking for a new legal angle onto our case here, | 我们在为咱的案子寻找新的法律角度 |
[28:04] | And infertility might be just what we need. | 也许不孕就是我们需要的 |
[28:11] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you. | 对不起 我不是故意吓你的 |
[28:15] | No, no, it’s — it’s me. | 不不 怪我自己 |
[28:16] | I’m still getting used to makeup. | 我还不太习惯化妆 |
[28:21] | Uh, about this potential litigation… | 关于这个潜在的诉讼 |
[28:23] | We don’t have to talk about it. | 我们没必要谈这个 |
[28:24] | – No. We don’t. – Okay. | -嗯 没必要 -好的 |
[28:28] | If you did want to hear anything — | 如果你真想听点什么 |
[28:29] | Nothing. Ever. About my husband. | 关于我丈夫的 什么都不想听 |
[28:35] | You might want to try rolling the brush slowly | 你可以试试将刷子转动慢一些 |
[28:38] | On the upward stroke. | 来刷你的上睫毛 |
[28:49] | We’re…concerned that there may be a problem with your drug testing. | 我们关心的是你们的药检可能有问题 |
[28:54] | What kind of problem? | 哪种问题 |
[28:56] | While it’s true every single one of your employees’ samples | 虽然你们每一个员工样本 |
[28:58] | Were free from banned substances, | 都通过了禁用物质测试 |
[29:00] | Each sample did reveal the same elevated level of uric acid, | 但每个样本的尿酸的活跃水平都一样 |
[29:03] | A warning sign for gout. | 这可不太正常 |
[29:05] | So? | 所以呢 |
[29:07] | So, either your entire company | 所以 要么你们整个公司 |
[29:08] | Has been gorging itself on goose liver, | 都曾狂吃鹅肝 |
[29:10] | Or the samples came from the same donor. | 要么就是所有样本 都出自同一个人 |
[29:12] | The tests are administered at random. | 这些测试都是随机进行的 |
[29:15] | The fact that a group of employees | 事实上 一组员工的指标水平一样 |
[29:16] | Showed the same set of symptoms could be merely coincidental. | 可能只是巧合 |
[29:20] | Then how do you explain the fact | 那你们要怎么解释 |
[29:21] | That they all have the same genetic marker? | 他们的遗传标记也都一样 |
[29:26] | Time to come clean, Mr. Gold. | 坦白交待吧 古德先生 |
[29:28] | We know you’ve been faking employee drug tests | 我们知道你们为了隐瞒服用禁药的事 |
[29:29] | In order to hide the use of stimulants. | 伪造了员工的药检结果 |
[29:38] | $600,000 and no admission of wrongdoing. | 60万美金赔款 条件是不得向法院起诉 |
[29:42] | The settlement is completely sealed and deemed inadmissible | 此协议完全保密 |
[29:44] | For all future civil or criminal prosecutions. | 且不得在任何刑事或民事起诉中作为证供 |
[29:52] | This is an institution of higher learning. | 作为高等学府 |
[29:55] | You should be building young people up, | 你们应该尽力培养年轻人 |
[29:56] | Not tearing them down. | 而不是将他们拒之门外 |
[29:58] | We’re sorry, but the essential terms of the scholarship | 我们也很遗憾 但她并不符合 |
[30:01] | Have not been met. | 获得奖学金的必要条件 |
[30:03] | She is technically no longer a woman. | 严格说来她并不是一个女人 |
[30:05] | NCAA guidelines only require an athlete to compete | 美国大学生体育协会规定运动员 |
[30:08] | Under the gender indicated on their government documentation. | 须以他们政府档案上的性别参加比赛 |
[30:11] | In Hannah’s case, it’s female. | 而汉娜登记的就是女性 |
[30:13] | But there are more things to consider | 但是除了梅菲尔德小姐的个人利益 |
[30:14] | Than just Miss Mayfield’s interests. | 还有很多因素需要考虑 |
[30:16] | There are liability issues, donor concerns. | 比如债务问题 捐助者的考虑等 |
[30:19] | We’re just not equipped to deal with the matriculation | 我们还没准备好录取 |
[30:21] | Of an intersex athlete. | 双性运动员 |
[30:22] | You’re right, there are other issues to consider. | 你说的没错 确实还有许多因素要考虑 |
[30:25] | Say, the Americans with disabilities act? | 比如 美国残疾人法案 |
[30:27] | H-how is that relevant? | 这有什么关系 |
[30:28] | As a gender none conforming woman | 作为一个卵巢发育不全 |
[30:30] | With undeveloped ovaries — | 性别不明确的女性 |
[30:31] | A birth defect which makes her infertile — | 先天性的缺陷使她不能生育 |
[30:34] | Hannah is disabled, | 从这个角度来说 汉娜是残疾的 |
[30:35] | And therefore protected under that statute. | 因此她受该残疾人法案的保护 |
[30:37] | I seriously doubt that such legal acrobatics | 我对你这牵强的法律理论能否站得住脚 |
[30:40] | Are gonna hold water. | 深表怀疑 |
[30:40] | Well, they will until they won’t. | 这理论在被否决以前还是成立的 |
[30:42] | Until then, how would you like to be known | 在裁决前 如果被社会各界 |
[30:43] | As the school who discriminates | 知道贵校歧视残疾人 |
[30:45] | Against people with disabilities? | 会有什么后果呢 |
[30:47] | Could tarnish your reputation pretty badly. | 贵校的声誉将大大受损 |
[30:49] | What if any major donors found out? | 万一被某个大捐助者得知了又会怎样呢 |
[30:59] | What is it you’re after, exactly? | 你们到底要什么 |
[31:01] | Just what you promised Hannah when she first came here — | 只要你们履行汉娜入校时你们许下的诺言 |
[31:04] | The opportunity to get an education. | 给她接受教育的机会 |
[31:06] | $600,000? | 60万美金 |
[31:08] | Yes, but their offer expires at the end of the business day today. | 是的 但他们的提议只在今天内有效 |
[31:11] | But I’d s-still go to jail? | 但我还是得去坐牢吗 |
[31:13] | Well, we couldn’t use the evidence | 我们不能使用这个作为证据 |
[31:15] | That would exculpate you in your criminal trial. | 为你在刑事审讯时开脱罪名 |
[31:16] | So, if you want the money, | 所以 如果你要这钱 |
[31:19] | You’ll have to sign a confidentiality agreement. | 就得签一份保密协议 |
[31:21] | What good does money do for my son | 如果我儿子被送去寄养 |
[31:23] | if he’s in foster care? | 这钱还有什么用 |
[31:26] | There is… one other thing I can do. | 或者 还有一种方案 |
[31:30] | I can take the evidence to the D.A. | 我把证据交给地方检察官 |
[31:32] | And try to negotiate a reduced sentence. | 看看能不能要求从轻定罪 |
[31:34] | You think that will work? | 这可行吗 |
[31:35] | There’s no guarantee. | 我不能保证 |
[31:36] | But if you don’t do that, | 可如果你不这么做 |
[31:37] | I’m definitely going to jail…right? | 我就肯定要坐牢了 是吗 |
[31:40] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:44] | I only took those pills so I can keep my job… | 我吃那些药 只是为了保住我的工作 |
[31:47] | Take care of my boy. | 照顾我的儿子 |
[31:49] | Tell them they can keep their money. | 告诉他们 钱我不要了 |
[31:53] | Just keep me out of jail. | 请千万别让我坐牢 |
[31:57] | So, I hope you can understand that you and I, | 我希望你能明白 我和你 |
[32:00] | We just…can never be. | 是绝对不可能的 |
[32:06] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[32:09] | Well, you can stop being mad. | 你不用生气了 |
[32:11] | We got to the bottom of the… “Secret Admirer” Fiasco. | 暗恋者的身份搞清楚了 |
[32:14] | It was…Yolanda in H.R. | 是人事部的尤兰达 |
[32:16] | Yolanda was the secret admirer. | 尤兰达就是暗恋你的人 |
[32:17] | I told her, “Thank you very much. | 我告诉她 “非常感谢 |
[32:19] | “I’m very flattered by your advances. | “你的倾慕让我受宠若惊 |
[32:21] | But my heart belongs to an unnamed other.” | “但我的心已另有所属了” |
[32:23] | And as you may have seen, she took it very admirably. | 如你所见 她坦然接受现实了 |
[32:25] | So, all is well. | 所以 没事了 |
[32:28] | Well, not really, since Yolanda is a lesbian. | 不是吧 尤兰达是个拉拉 |
[32:31] | – She is a what, now? – She’s a lesbian. | -她是什么 -她是个同性恋 |
[32:33] | Remember, we all threw down for that gift, | 记得吗 我们都拒绝了那份 |
[32:35] | Celebrating her commitment to her wife. | 庆祝她和她老婆确定关系的礼物 |
[32:37] | Uh, Rowdy. | 劳迪 |
[32:39] | Did you know Yolanda in H.R. Does not dig dudes? | 你知道人事部的尤兰达是拉拉吗 |
[32:42] | Uh, yeah. | 知道 |
[32:43] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 那你为啥不告诉我 |
[32:44] | Because she told me not to get involved. | 因为她叫我别多管闲事 |
[32:46] | I had to let you make that colossal blunder. | 我只得让你出了这个洋相 |
[32:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:49] | But my neutrality ends there. | 不过我的中立态度到此为止了 |
[32:54] | Beth, Liam really cares about you. | 贝希 黎姆真的很在乎你 |
[32:56] | It’s true that he has been with… | 虽然他确实跟过… |
[33:00] | …well, just a lot of women. | …反正很多女人了 |
[33:02] | But he has chosen you. | 但他选择了你 |
[33:04] | – Right. – And, Liam… | -没错 -黎姆 |
[33:05] | Beth is that rarest of creatures. | 贝希是不可多得的好女人 |
[33:07] | She’s someone who is worthy of the energy and effort | 她是那种值得我们花时间花精力 |
[33:10] | We put into being with them. | 去追求的女人 |
[33:11] | And she has chosen you. | 而她选择了你 |
[33:13] | – That’s sweet. – No, no, no. This isn’t about me. | -真动听 -不不不 这与我无关 |
[33:15] | It’s about y’all. Now, work it out! | 这是你俩的事 行动起来吧 |
[33:18] | Thus endeth the lesson! | 教育课结束 |
[33:26] | Look, I don’t want you to worry | 听着 不管是谁写了那字条 |
[33:27] | About whoever it was who wrote that note. | 我都不希望你再烦恼了 |
[33:29] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[33:30] | Good. | 那就好 |
[33:33] | Cause I’m crazy about you. | 因为我为你痴狂 |
[33:34] | And, although I know that you’re perfectly capable | 尽管我知道你完全有能力 |
[33:38] | Of penning such a document, | 写出那样的字条 |
[33:40] | You never would. | 但你绝不会写的 |
[33:42] | Probably just wishful thinking on my part. | 也许一切都只是我的一厢情愿而已 |
[33:46] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[33:47] | An afternoon delight is nice to think about. | 午后的欢愉倒是值得考虑 |
[33:50] | Maybe we can meet up a little later. | 或许我们晚点可以聚一下 |
[33:53] | That sound positivly… supple. | 这听起来可真…性感 |
[33:59] | Great vocabulary. | 这词用得太妙了 |
[34:11] | What are we drinking? | 我们喝什么 |
[34:12] | Hey! We’ve got cosmos. | 我们点了cosmos鸡尾酒[适合女性喝] |
[34:14] | Not anymore. Three tequila shots, please. | 别喝这个了 来三份龙舌兰 |
[34:16] | Ooh, you better make that two. | 你还是点两份吧 |
[34:18] | I have a motion to read. | 我还有个提案要看 |
[34:20] | I’ll see you guys tomorrow? | 我们明天见吧 |
[34:21] | – Okay. – Yep. | -好的 -好 |
[34:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:24] | Before we get too carried away, | 在我们喝得太醉前 |
[34:25] | There is a small piece of business I need to discuss with you. | 我还有件小事要跟你讨论下 |
[34:29] | You need to interview me about Cliff and Katie. | 你是想问我关于克里夫和凯特的事吧 |
[34:31] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[34:33] | Damn, I thought I’ve been totally discreet. | 靠 我还以为我保密得很好呢 |
[34:35] | Uh, Rowdy gave me a heads-up. | 劳迪给我透露了一点 |
[34:37] | Well…is it true? | 那么 是真的吗 |
[34:40] | You and Katie? | 你和凯特 |
[34:42] | We…slept together… | 我们 上过床 |
[34:45] | Once. | 就一次 |
[34:46] | But when I found out about Cliff, I backed off. | 但当我发现克里夫的事时 我就退出了 |
[34:49] | Okay, well, uh, there are still a few more details | 好吧 不过还有一些具体问题 |
[34:53] | That I need for the record. | 我要记录一下 |
[34:55] | So, if we could schedule a time to sit down and — | 所以 我们能不能找个时间坐下来 |
[34:57] | I haven’t exactly decided what I’m gonna say yet. | 我还没想好我该说些什么 |
[35:01] | You don’t get to decide what you’re gonna say. | 你不必事先考虑好要说什么啊 |
[35:04] | It’s complicated. | 这很复杂 |
[35:05] | No, it’s not. | 不 不复杂啊 |
[35:06] | It’s a delicate situation. | 现在的情况很微妙 |
[35:07] | The truth is not delicate. | 可事实不微妙啊 |
[35:10] | I mean, are you playing politics here? | 你不会是在跟我兜圈子吧 |
[35:12] | Because I didn’t think you were that kind of a guy. | 我可从来不觉得你是这种人 |
[35:14] | No, I’m not. It’s just — | 我当然不是 只是 |
[35:15] | I would expect the runaround from Cliff, but not from you. | 我以为会闪烁其词的人是克里夫而不是你 |
[35:18] | – Addy – You know what? | -艾迪 -告诉你 |
[35:22] | We’ll schedule the interview tomorrow. | 我们明天就安排时间详谈 |
[35:24] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[35:35] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[35:37] | That’s some data about their drug testing | 这是DNT铁路公司想隐瞒的 |
[35:39] | that DNT would love to keep quiet. | 药检数据报告 |
[35:41] | Why bring it to me? | 干嘛拿给我看 |
[35:42] | Because they offered Mr. Shea 600 grand in hush money. | 因为他们向谢伊先生提供了60万封口费 |
[35:45] | He turned it down. | 但他拒绝了 |
[35:46] | He wants to see DNT Rail held responsible for their actions. | 他希望DNT铁路公司能为他们的行为负责 |
[35:49] | So what do you expect in return? | 你想要什么作为回报呢 |
[35:52] | Well, I’m hoping | 我希望 |
[35:54] | that somewhere behind that stunning smile | 在这个迷人的笑容背后 |
[35:57] | is a person who values fairness. | 有一颗主持公道的心 |
[36:00] | You don’t give up, do you? | 你不会放弃 是吧 |
[36:02] | In all honesty, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. | 说实话 这只是冰山一角 |
[36:05] | So… I’m guessing his son drew this? | 这是他儿子画的吧 |
[36:08] | It’s like you said — the people want justice. | 如你所说 人民想要正义的审判 |
[36:12] | So, who are you gonna go after? | 所以 你会追究谁 |
[36:15] | A company that lied and broke the rules | 弄虚作假违反规则的公司 |
[36:16] | or a single dad who’s just trying to raise his son? | 还是一心只想养育儿子的单身父亲 |
[36:19] | Trotting out the kid? | 把孩子作为筹码 |
[36:22] | That’s dirty pool. | 真不厚道 |
[36:23] | A year from now, nobody’s gonna care | 1年后 没人会记得 |
[36:25] | that you made an example out of my client. | 你用我的当事人以儆效尤 |
[36:27] | But if you deliver a conviction against DNT, | 但如果给DNT铁路公司定罪 |
[36:30] | you’ve actually made the world a safer place. | 你就为世界创造了一个更为安全的环境 |
[36:36] | Think about it. | 请好好想想 |
[37:00] | Hey, Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[37:04] | We expected you at the office to sign some papers. | 我们还等着你去办公室签一些文件呢 |
[37:06] | Come on. | 过来 |
[37:10] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[37:11] | We heard from the board, | 理事会发话了 |
[37:12] | and they have agreed to take care | 他们同意承担 |
[37:14] | of two years of your tuition. | 你2年的学费 |
[37:16] | So you can finish your degree. | 你可以读完学位课程了 |
[37:17] | Thank you… | 由衷感谢 |
[37:18] | uh, for everything. | 一切的一切 |
[37:21] | You guys have been more than just lawyers. | 你们不只是律师 |
[37:24] | You’ve been good friends. | 也是我的挚友 |
[37:26] | Why am I sensing a “But” in there somewhere? | 貌似你还有别的话要说啊 |
[37:29] | Guys, uh, this is Greg. Hi. | 这是格雷格 |
[37:33] | He works for Martin Racquets. | 他在马丁球拍公司工作 |
[37:35] | They want to sponsor me to go pro. | 他们愿意赞助我成为职业球员 |
[37:37] | Hannah’s got a ton of potential. | 汉娜非常有潜力 |
[37:39] | I mean, her game’s got some maturing to do, | 我是说 虽然有待雕琢 |
[37:40] | but we like that she’s a big hitter. | 但她确实是个优秀的球手 |
[37:42] | Yeah, Greg says I’d be crazy not to | 格雷格说如果不利用众人瞩目的优势 |
[37:44] | capitalize on all the publicity. | 我就太傻了 |
[37:45] | I’m guessing controversy sells tickets. | 争议会赢来票房 |
[37:47] | Greg, could you excuse us for a second? | 格雷格 能让我们单独谈谈吗 |
[37:49] | Sure, no problem. | 当然可以 |
[37:52] | So, Hannah… | 汉娜 |
[37:53] | What about school? | 学业怎么办 |
[37:54] | I thought you wanted to go back. | 我以为你想回来上课的 |
[37:56] | That’s what we’ve been fighting for, isn’t it? | 这不是我们一直为之奋斗的目标吗 |
[37:58] | I don’t want to go to a school | 我不想去一所 |
[38:01] | where people can’t accept me. | 大家都视我如异类的学校上学 |
[38:04] | I go pro, make some money, | 当职业球员 赚点钱 |
[38:06] | and I can pick my own school. | 那我就能自己选择学校了 |
[38:08] | Pay for it myself. | 我自己支付学费 |
[38:10] | Oh, and believe it or not, | 还有 信不信由你们 |
[38:11] | there’s already several intersex players on the pro tour. | 巡回赛中已经有一些双性选手了 |
[38:20] | It’s funny, don’t you think? | 挺可笑的 不是吗 |
[38:21] | Uh, turns out my competitors are more accepting | 到头来我的对手 |
[38:24] | than the people I thought were my friends. | 反而比所谓的朋友更能接纳我 |
[38:28] | Uh, Greg, you ready? | 格雷格 准备好了吗 |
[38:31] | – Yeah, let’s go. – Okay. | -好了 我们走吧 -好的 |
[38:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:38] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[38:42] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[38:46] | Have you seen this morning’s paper? | 看过今天的报纸了吗 |
[38:50] | Like I told Priory, | 就像我跟普拉利说的 |
[38:51] | you traded a big fish for a small fish. | 你是丢了西瓜捡了芝麻 |
[38:54] | How does that make you feel? | 感觉怎么样 |
[38:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:57] | But you’re not disappointed we didn’t get the money? | 没拿到钱 你不失望吗 |
[39:00] | There’s more important things in life than money, Malcolm. | 生活中有很多东西重于金钱 马尔科姆 |
[39:03] | So, how’d things end up with our engineer? | 我们的工程师怎样了 |
[39:05] | He got five years’ probation, mandatory drug counseling, | 5年缓刑 强制性戒毒 |
[39:07] | and a pretty strenuous community-service requirement. | 还有繁重的社区服务劳动 |
[39:10] | – Jail time? – No. | -坐牢时间 -零 |
[39:11] | And he gets to stay with his son. | 他可以陪着他儿子了 |
[39:13] | – A job well done for both of you. – Thank you. | -干得好 -谢谢您 |
[39:15] | For you and Mr. Priory. | 你和普拉利都很棒 |
[39:20] | Right. | 没错 |
[39:29] | I’m staying late to finish up some paperwork, | 我留下来处理一些文件 |
[39:31] | so I ordered some burgers. | 所以买了几个汉堡 |
[39:32] | You want one? | 你要吗 |
[39:33] | I had a salad, but thanks. | 我吃过沙拉了 多谢 |
[39:38] | Was there something else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[39:40] | Look, I hope I’m not overstepping here, | 听着 我不是想多管闲事 |
[39:43] | But, um… | 不过 |
[39:45] | are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[39:47] | I mean, your personal life is none of my business, | 当然 你的私生活我无权过问 |
[39:49] | except, uh, as it turns out, I’m sort of involved in it. | 只是这次 多少和我有点干系 |
[39:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:57] | And they’re gonna make me talk about it. | 他们还要让我出面作证 |
[39:59] | I know that, too. | 这我也知道 |
[40:02] | I want to do the right thing, | 我想做正确的事情 |
[40:04] | but I don’t want to say anything that would hurt you. | 可我不愿意伤害到你 |
[40:06] | Dylan, if you’re thinking about editing your testimony | 迪兰 别因为我的感受 |
[40:09] | to spare my feelings, don’t. | 而改变你自己的证词 |
[40:12] | You’re an excellent attorney, and I’m a big girl. | 你是个优秀的律师 我也不是小孩子了 |
[40:17] | Of course. | 没错 |
[40:20] | Are those from the Apple Pan? | 是在苹果潘买的吗[洛杉矶著名餐厅] |
[40:32] | We’re lucky to have you, Dylan. | 我们很幸运有你加入公司 迪兰 |
[40:42] | I don’t care how fashion forward it is, | 无论再怎么时尚前卫 |
[40:44] | a Jalape’s got no business floating in a martini. | 马丁尼酒里怎么能放青椒呢 |
[40:46] | I’m just gonna grab a pot. | 换瓶装酒吧 |
[40:48] | Uh, Stubbie? | 有斯达比吗 |
[40:50] | Just a Schooner, any — a beer. Any kind of beer. | 反正要大杯的 随便什么啤酒都行 |
[40:53] | Just — that one. | 就这个吧 |
[40:54] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[40:57] | Doesn’t anyone speak english in this country? | 这儿没人讲英文吗 |
[41:00] | Isn’t that a clich?– | 太神奇了吧 |
[41:02] | An Australian drinking an oversized beer? | 一个澳洲人居然在喝大杯啤酒 |
[41:05] | Yes, I think it is. You want one? | 是啊 你要喝吗 |
[41:08] | – Yeah. – They’re good. | -好啊 -味道不错 |
[41:10] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[41:12] | So, how goes it with your tennis player? | 你的网球选手怎样了 |
[41:14] | She’s gonna make a lot of money… | 她会赚到很多钱 |
[41:16] | and pay her way through college, | 供她自己上大学 |
[41:17] | which will hopefully lessen the sting. | 希望这样能减轻些伤害 |
[41:20] | Her boyfriend broke up with her. | 她男朋友和她分手了 |
[41:23] | Apparently, he couldn’t take being the butt | 显然他承受不了 |
[41:24] | of all the jokes around campus. | 学校里其他人的取笑 |
[41:26] | Thanks, mate. | 谢了 伙计 |
[41:28] | Sounds like a rat. | 胆小如鼠的家伙 |
[41:30] | Easy for you to say. | 站着说话不腰疼 |
[41:32] | If people starting calling me a man, | 如果别人说我是男的 |
[41:36] | I doubt you’d still be interested. | 我不相信你还会对我有兴趣 |
[41:38] | No, I’d still be interested. | 不 我仍会对你感兴趣的 |
[41:40] | After all, you would still be you. | 不管怎样 你还是你 |
[41:48] | That’s one of the sweetest things | 这真是我听过的 |
[41:49] | anyone has ever said to me. | 最动人的奉承之一 |
[42:02] | One, two, three, four… | 一 二 三 四 |
[42:05] | I declare a thumb war. | 拇指战争开始 |
[42:07] | Five, six, seven, eight… | 五 六 七 八 |
[42:08] | Try to keep your thumb straight. | 使劲伸直你的大拇指 |