时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I’m telling you, I could take 50 of them. | 告诉你吧 我可以搞定50个人 |
[00:11] | No way. Why are you even thinking about this? | 不可能 你咋会想起这个 |
[00:14] | Last night, on my way home from work, | 昨晚 下班回家的途中 |
[00:16] | I passed this karate school, | 我路过一个空手道学校 |
[00:17] | and inside were like 40 first-graders all doing their little punching drills, and I thought, | 里面有40多个初学者在练习突击 我就想 |
[00:22] | “If they were to stream out of that dojo and attack,” | “如果他们突然冲出道馆袭击我” |
[00:25] | “I could take them — all of them.” | “我能搞定他们 — 所有的人” |
[00:28] | So, why are 40 first-graders streaming out of a dojo to attack you? | 为什么那40个人要冲出道馆袭击你呢 |
[00:31] | I don’t know. Visceral dislike of australians. | 我也不知道 也许他们打心眼里讨厌澳洲人 |
[00:33] | Are you sure you didn’t taunt them? | 你确定你没有挑衅在先吗 |
[00:36] | No. | 当然没有 |
[00:38] | In this hypothetical, they started it. | 在我的假想里 是他们先动手的 |
[00:40] | You realize this is, uh, idiotic, don’t you? | 你知道这种假想很白痴吧 |
[00:47] | It’s not idiotic. | 一点也不白痴 |
[00:49] | Look. | 听着 |
[00:50] | My mind never stops searching for the ultimate hypothetical. | 我的脑袋从没停止过各种各样的假想 |
[00:52] | Now, if that sort of penetrating, intellectual inquiry is wrong, | 如果这种聪明敏锐的探索也有错 |
[00:57] | I don want to be right. | 那我宁愿一直错下去 |
[01:04] | Did you, by any chance, | 你有没有可能 |
[01:05] | forget to pay my membership at the sports club? | 忘了支付我健身中心的会费 |
[01:07] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[01:07] | Yeah, I went to work out this morning, | 早晨我去健身 |
[01:08] | and they confiscated my I.D. | 他们没收了我的会员卡 |
[01:11] | Oh, that’s, uh — of course. | 喔 这个嘛 当然没交 |
[01:12] | I usually keep my checkbook in the study, | 我通常把支票簿放在书房里 |
[01:14] | which I don’t really have access to since I’ve been banished to a hotel. | 自从被赶去住宾馆 我就没办法进书房了 |
[01:18] | Well, you could have had me bring it here. | 你可以叫我把支票簿带到这里来的 |
[01:19] | It slipped my mind, you know, | 我还真没想到这点 |
[01:20] | ’cause we usually have those conversations over coffee | 因为我们通常会边喝咖啡边讨论这些事 |
[01:23] | in the kitchen… of my home. | 在我们家的厨房里 |
[01:26] | Well, maybe if something else of yours | 如果你的某一部分 |
[01:27] | hadn’t slipped into somewhere it shouldn’t have, | 没有去某个不该去的地方 |
[01:29] | we would be having this conversation over coffee in the kitchen of our home. | 我们就会在家里厨房边喝咖啡边谈论了 |
[01:37] | I was just looking for the cream. | 我只是在找奶油 |
[01:41] | I don’t need cream. | 我不需要奶油了 |
[01:47] | I raise money for the D.A. | 我为地方检察官募集资金 |
[01:48] | someone in his office saw Kevin’s name on a file, | 他办公室有人在某份档案上看到凯文的名字 |
[01:51] | and he called me last night. | 于是昨晚给我打了电话 |
[01:53] | When did the police pick your son up? | 警方何时拘留你儿子的 |
[01:55] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[01:56] | He got into a fight outside a club. | 他卷入了某家夜总会外的斗殴事件 |
[01:59] | The man assaulted died. | 被攻击的人死了 |
[02:01] | Kevin’s been charged with second-degree murder. | 凯文被指控为二级谋杀 |
[02:03] | When you spoke to him, did Kevin admit that he… | 你和他谈时 凯文是否承认… |
[02:05] | I haven’t spoken to him. | 我没和他谈过 |
[02:07] | Kevin has a history of substance-abuse problems. | 凯文曾有滥用药物的问题 |
[02:09] | He and Mr. Mather are… estranged. | 他和马瑟先生比较…疏远 |
[02:13] | Kevin started drugs in high school. | 凯文高中时便开始嗑药 |
[02:17] | We tried everything… interventions, | 我们试过所有的办法…干预疗法 |
[02:19] | countless rehabs. | 无数次的戒毒 |
[02:20] | After a while, when he wouldn’t stop, | 后来 他始终无法戒掉 |
[02:21] | it was him or us, | 继续陪他挣扎还是我们好好生活 |
[02:23] | had a choice to make. | 必须做出决定 |
[02:24] | I understand your frustration, | 我能理解您的沮丧 |
[02:27] | but I can assure you | 我向您保证 |
[02:27] | we’ll provide him with the most vigorous defense possible. | 我们会提供最有力的辩护 |
[02:30] | Mr. Mather is an important client of long standing. | 马瑟先生是我们长期以来的重要客户 |
[02:32] | He just wants us to ensure | 他想要我们确保 |
[02:34] | that kevin does as little jail time as possible. | 凯文能有尽可能少的牢狱时间 |
[02:38] | So you want us to negotiate a plea? | 您想让我们进行谈判辩护吗[认罪换取轻罚] |
[02:40] | It’s time for Kevin to take some responsibility. | 该是凯文自己负起责任的时候了 |
[02:45] | Get the kid out before he goes gray, | 在那孩子心力交瘁前把他从牢里弄出来 |
[02:47] | Then call it a day. | 然后才准收工 |
[02:57] | Oh. Hey. Sorry. | 嘿 抱歉 |
[02:58] | I’m in court today, and we’re so close, | 我今天要出庭 我们关系那么好 |
[03:00] | I figured you wouldn care if I used your… | 我想你不会介意我用你的… |
[03:03] | Of course, some people do have armpit issues. | 当然 有些人比较介意腋下用品的互用 |
[03:06] | Oh, I don’t have armpit issues. | 我不介意 |
[03:07] | I’m just wondering, if we’re so close, | 我只是好奇 如果我们关系真那么好 |
[03:09] | why you didn’t tell me about Jason, | 你为啥不告诉我杰森的事 |
[03:11] | Your boyfriend from Ohio. | 你在俄亥俄州的男朋友 |
[03:12] | How do you know about Jason? | 你是怎么知道杰森的 |
[03:14] | I met him just now in the lobby. | 我刚在大厅里见过他了 |
[03:16] | No way. | 不可能 |
[03:22] | Why would you keep Jason a secret? | 你为啥不公开和杰森的事 |
[03:23] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[03:25] | Look, it’s a long-distance, complicated thing, | 这是个有关”异地恋”的复杂故事 |
[03:26] | and when we first got here, we didn’t know each other, | 再说咱俩刚来时 还不认识对方 |
[03:28] | and I was gonna keep my personal life personal. | 我想将个人生活的保持得”个人”一点 |
[03:30] | Addy. | 艾迪 |
[03:38] | Jason Carpenter, | 杰森·卡朋特 |
[03:39] | this is my best friend, Beth Branford. | 这是我最好的朋友贝希·布莱弗德 |
[03:41] | I’ve heard so much about you. | 久闻大名了 |
[03:43] | Oh, I can’t believe you’re here. | 真不敢相信你来了 |
[03:45] | I know. It’s great, right? | 我知道 感觉很棒吧 |
[03:46] | Thought I’d fly in and surprise you for your birthday. | 我想飞过来给你个生日惊喜 |
[03:48] | Birthday? Another secret. | 生日 又一个秘密啊 |
[03:50] | Well, want to know my secret? | 好吧 想知道我的秘密吗 |
[03:52] | That deodorant was in my desk when we got here. | 那个除臭剂是我们办公室的前任留下的 |
[03:54] | So, what are we gonna do to celebrate? | 总之 你准备怎么庆祝生日 |
[03:58] | I’m — I’m actually court today. | 事实上 今天我要出庭 |
[03:59] | Not tonight. | 晚上可不用出庭 |
[04:01] | Blue Velvet after work? | 下班后去蓝丝绒酒吧怎么样 |
[04:02] | Sounds great. | 听起来很棒啊 |
[04:03] | Hey, can I get your keys? I just need to go shower up. | 能把钥匙给我吗 我得去洗漱一下 |
[04:07] | Yeah. Sure. | 好 没问题 |
[04:17] | So, you admit you punched the victim | 所以你承认攻击过受害者 |
[04:18] | two hours before he was found dead in an alley a block away. | 而两小时后他被发现死于一街区外的小巷里 |
[04:22] | It’s like I told the cops, okay? | 就是我跟警察说的那样 明白吗 |
[04:23] | I saw him whaling on some little guy outside the club. | 我看见他在夜总会外猛揍几个小子 |
[04:26] | I stepped in to help. He turned on me. | 我去劝架 他就冲着我来了 |
[04:29] | The incident report says that you threatened him. | 事故报告说你威胁了他 |
[04:32] | You were going to “Kick his ass.” | 你说你要”好好教训他” |
[04:33] | Some guys, they came out of the club, | 酒吧里冲出一些人 |
[04:35] | and they pulled us apart. | 把我们拉开了 |
[04:37] | I got a little riled up. | 我当时有点被激怒了 |
[04:39] | I should have kept my mouth shut. | 我本该管好我的嘴巴的 |
[04:41] | Well, maybe you’d had a few drinks, feeling a little feisty. | 也许你喝了几杯 变得比较易怒 |
[04:43] | I don’t drink. | 我不喝酒 |
[04:44] | Kevin, your father told us | 凯文 你父亲告诉我们 |
[04:45] | you have a substance-abuse problem. | 你有滥用药物的问题 |
[04:47] | “Had.” I’ve been sober five years. | “曾经有” 我戒了5年了 |
[04:50] | Look, call my sponsor, okay? | 好吧 给我的担保人打电话 行吗 |
[04:52] | My boss. They’ll tell you. | 我的老板也行 他们都能作证 |
[04:54] | Where did you go after the fight broke up? | 斗殴结束后你去了哪儿 |
[04:56] | Home. | 回家了 |
[04:57] | And the victim — see him again? | 之后又见过受害者吗 |
[04:58] | No. | 没有 |
[05:01] | No, he walked away. I walked away. | 他走了 我也离开了 |
[05:03] | Listen… | 听着… |
[05:06] | I know I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger, okay? | 我知道我年轻时做过很多错事 |
[05:08] | I’d do anything to take it back. I can’t. | 我很想付出一切去挽回 但是已经迟了 |
[05:11] | I’ve turned my life around. | 我已经彻底改变了生活方式 |
[05:14] | I thought my father knew that | 我以为父亲知道这些 |
[05:15] | and that’s why he sent you guys. | 所以他才让你们来帮我 |
[05:18] | Can anyone verify that you went right home afterwards? | 有什么人能证明 那之后你确实回家了吗 |
[05:23] | No. | 没有 |
[05:24] | But I didn’t do this, okay? You got to believe me. | 但我真的没有杀人 好吗 你们要相信我 |
[05:27] | I’m innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[05:40] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[05:42] | That addicts are notorious liars. | 这个瘾君子是个臭名昭著的骗子 |
[05:44] | We should call his sponsor — verify his sobriety. | 我们应该联系他的担保人 核实戒毒情况 |
[05:46] | Yeah, if he’s telling the truth about that, | 对啊 如果他说的是真话 |
[05:48] | it’ll give us some leverage with the A.D.A. | 我们倒还能跟助理地方检察官讨价还价 |
[05:51] | You know, with physical violence and threat of assault and no alibi, | 他实施过暴力 并威胁要打人 而且没有证人 |
[05:54] | It’s possible the cops stopped looking for another suspect | 警方可能已经停止追查其他嫌疑人了 |
[05:56] | because he was so juicy. | 因为凯文是个完美的替罪羊 |
[05:57] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[05:58] | It’s also possible the cops stopped looking | 也有可能警方停止追查其他嫌疑人 |
[06:00] | because he did it. | 是因为凯文真的杀了人 |
[06:05] | My god. These are exquisite! | 我的天呐 太精致了 |
[06:06] | What is so important I got to run over here? | 什么事重要到需要我亲自过来 |
[06:08] | – I got people in my office for… – Hart, I’m in the middle of a | -我办公室还有人等着呢… -哈特 我正进行 |
[06:09] | conference call. I didn’t know | 电话会议呢 我不知道 |
[06:10] | – you were gonna be here right now… – Cliff Huddle, Susan Oppenheim… | -你也会来… -克里夫·哈多 苏珊·奥本海姆… |
[06:12] | I’d like you to meet Doug and Tyler Cook | 我想让你们见见道格和泰勒·库克 |
[06:15] | Hi. How are you? | 嘿 你好吗 |
[06:17] | Hi. Cook’s Candies. I grew up with you. | 嘿 库克糖果 我吃你们的糖长大的 |
[06:18] | – Cook’s Candies? – Yes! | -库克糖果吗 -正是 |
[06:20] | You guys bought my dentist a summerhouse. | 你们帮我的牙医赚到了一栋度假别墅 |
[06:23] | Well, uh, our father had a slogan, | 我们的父亲有一句口号 |
[06:25] | “Putting holes in America’s smiles since 1945.” | “从1945年开始让美国人全面蛀牙” |
[06:28] | Doug is an activist in the “Four foods” Movement, | 道格是”四大食物运动”的活跃分子 |
[06:32] | and even though Doug has been invaluable to me for the last 11 years, | 尽管在过去11年里他是我最亲的家人 |
[06:36] | he has decided to break my heart by branching off on his own. | 他现在却想开自己的分公司 伤透了我的心 |
[06:39] | See, Doug has created a healthy-sweets division of the family business. | 道格在家族生意中创建了健康甜食类别 |
[06:43] | Really? I didn’t know Cook’s Candies had a healthy-sweets division. | 是吗 我都不知道库克糖果有健康甜食类别 |
[06:45] | Neither did I. | 我也不知道 |
[06:46] | Exactly. Neither does anyone else. | 是的 就因为一直没人知道 |
[06:47] | Which is why I want to get out from under the family brand, | 所以我才想将它从家族品牌中分离出来 |
[06:50] | and Tyler has been cool enough to back me on it. | 泰勒很开明 决定支持我 |
[06:53] | It’s a friendly transaction. | 这是个友好交易 |
[06:57] | Doug and Tyler have agreed to waive conflict, | 道格和泰勒同意放弃冲突 |
[06:59] | so we can represent both sides. | 所以我们事务所可以同时代表他们双方 |
[07:02] | Word is that you two are the best negotiators around. | 听说你俩是这一带最好的谈判代表 |
[07:04] | We just want everything handled fairly. | 我们想要公平的处理这一切 |
[07:06] | – Of course. – Absolutely. | -没问题 -绝对的 |
[07:08] | Great. | 太好了 |
[07:09] | Well, hey, we’ll get out of your hair and let you get to it. | 我们会尽快提供资料让你们开工的 |
[07:11] | It was great to meet you both. | 很高兴见到你们俩 |
[07:13] | – Very nice to meet you. – Pleasure. | -很高兴见到你 -我的荣幸 |
[07:14] | Thanks for coming in. | 感谢你们的拜访 |
[07:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:15] | Pleasure. Thank you so much. | 很荣幸 谢谢你 |
[07:19] | – Can’t we hand this off to a fifth-year? – Hart, I absolutely | -不能交给5年级生做吗 -哈特 我真不能 |
[07:20] | – cannot take on another case. – Come on — the chocolate brothers? | -再接多的案子了 -拜托 “巧克力兄弟”的案子 |
[07:22] | All you have to do is divide the assets fairly between the two companies. | 你们要做的只是把资产公平的分给两个公司 |
[07:25] | I’ve already tapped Malcolm and Beth | 我已经让马尔科姆和贝希 |
[07:26] | to draft up the pertinent contracts. | 去起草相关合同了 |
[07:29] | It’ll be the easiest fee you ever made. | 这会是你们赚的最容易的一笔钱了 |
[07:31] | Unless you don’t want the money. | 除非这钱你们不想要 |
[07:34] | – I’ll take Malcolm. – I’ll take Doug. | -我选马尔科姆帮我 -我负责道格 |
[07:36] | Right. | 很好 |
[07:44] | Your client has a history of run-ins with the law. | 你们的当事人有过跟法律对着干的历史 |
[07:46] | Misdemeanors,D.U.I.S — completely nonviolent offenses | 一些轻罪和酒驾 全都是非暴力犯罪 |
[07:49] | And nothing in the last five years. | 而且过去5年内没有犯罪记录 |
[07:50] | ’cause,according to his N.A. Sponsor, | 因为据嗜麻醉剂者互诫协会的担保人说 |
[07:52] | That’s when he got sober. | 这期间他一直严守戒律 |
[07:53] | He goes to meetings,sticks to the program. | 他按时参加集会 遵守计划 |
[07:54] | His boss says he’s a stable and productive employee. | 他的雇主称其是沉稳而高效的雇员 |
[07:57] | Look,guys,the cops have proximity and intent, | 两位 听着 警察证据证明他的意图 |
[08:01] | And your client has no alibi. | 而且你们的当事人并无不在场证明 |
[08:02] | Which doesn’t change the fact | 但也不能改变 |
[08:04] | That Kevin Mather says he’s innocent. | 凯文·马瑟自称清白的事实 |
[08:07] | Hey! What do you know? I got two. | 哈 真难得啊 掉了两个出来 |
[08:09] | It’s my lucky day. | 真是我的幸运日啊 |
[08:13] | So, I’m gonna share the love. | 所以 我要分享这份爱 |
[08:14] | I’ll take your client’s predictable claim of innocence | 我会把你们委托人不出所料的无罪声明 |
[08:17] | And his reformed character to my boss, | 和他改过自新的事转告我的老板 |
[08:18] | See if he’ll give him five years. | 看他是否能只判5年监禁 |
[08:19] | Five years for a crime he swears he didn’t commit? | 为了一个他发誓他没有犯的罪坐5年牢 |
[08:21] | When you’re in possession of ironclad, | 当你们有铁证能证明 |
[08:23] | Exculpatory evidence of his innocence,we can talk. | 他清白的时候 我们才有商量的余地 |
[08:26] | Until then,if you’re inclined to roll the dice, | 在那之前 如果你们想孤注一掷上庭的话 |
[08:28] | There’s something you should see. | 你们应该先看看这个 |
[08:36] | That’s judge Joan Anderson. | 那是琼·安德森法官 |
[08:37] | If you check the docket, | 如果你们看一下安排表 |
[08:38] | You’ll see she’ll be presiding over your case. | 就会知道她将负责你们的案子 |
[08:40] | Your honor,I have numerous affidavits from character witnesses | 法官大人 我有大量品德证人的誓词 |
[08:43] | All stipulating to the extremity of his circumstances. | 都能证明他的极端环境 |
[08:46] | You know how this works — | 你们都知道规则了 |
[08:47] | Judges are kings in their courtroom. | 法官是法庭上的国王 |
[08:49] | They do whatever they want. | 他们随心所欲 |
[08:50] | This judge has a sentencing history 35% higher than average, | 这个法官的判刑率比平均值高出35% |
[08:53] | Which means if you take this at trial and lose… | 也就是说 你们要上庭的话 就输定了 |
[08:57] | Your honor,he stole cold cuts from a grocery store | 法官大人 他在杂货店偷冷盘 |
[09:00] | To feed his family. | 是为了养家糊口 |
[09:01] | They call her “Maximum Joan.” | 人们都称她为”琼大大” |
[09:03] | Mr. Gibbons, your attorney tells a sad story. | 吉布森先生 您的律师讲述了一个悲伤的故事 |
[09:06] | Watch this. | 看好了 |
[09:07] | However,the rest of us confront hard times | 可是 我们其他人在面对困境时 |
[09:09] | Without resorting to crime. | 却并未走上犯罪道路 |
[09:11] | I hereby sentence you to nine months in prison. | 我特此判决你入狱9个月 |
[09:16] | How do you feel about taking my offer now? | 现在觉得我的提议怎么样 |
[09:31] | Okay, so we’ve agreed to fully depreciate | 好的 所以我们同意将所有实物资产 |
[09:33] | The value of all physical assets. | 充分折旧 |
[09:34] | As set forth herein. | 如前所述 |
[09:35] | Which we agree to. | 我们接受 |
[09:37] | Except as noted on this addendum. | 剩余的在附录中列出 |
[09:39] | Ah, look at that. | 啊 瞧啊 |
[09:40] | At this pace,we’ll be finished by tomorrow. | 照这个速度 我们明天之内就能搞定 |
[09:42] | The next item on my agenda is | 我的下一项议程是 |
[09:44] | to establish Tyler’s ownership percentage | 在道格的新公司里建立 |
[09:46] | of Doug’s new company. | 泰勒的控股比例 |
[09:47] | Oh,well,that’s easy — zero. | 哦 很简单 零 |
[09:49] | I was thinking more like 50%. | 我到觉得要多点 比如50% |
[09:51] | You want your client to own half of the new company? | 你想让你的委托人占有新公司的一半 |
[09:53] | – Not “want”… – Did you know about this? | -不是”想” -你知道这个吗 |
[09:55] | Doug took the initiative. | 道格是倡导人 |
[09:56] | He went and did something original on his own. | 他独自原创了一些东西 |
[09:57] | Yeah, we’re working for Tyler | 没错 但我们是为泰勒工作的 |
[09:59] | My guy’s the boss. Your guy’s the employee. | 我的委托人是老板 你的委托人只是雇员 |
[10:01] | Everything your guy did while working for my guy | 你的委托人在受人雇佣期间所做的一切 |
[10:03] | Was work-for-hire, which means it belongs to him. | 都是工作所需 所以所有权是我委托人的 |
[10:05] | So you’re using Tyler’s status as the big dog to screw Doug. | 所以你要用泰勒的地位来压制道格 |
[10:08] | I am zealously representing Tyler’s agenda. | 我只是很积极的代表泰勒的议程 |
[10:10] | No, you’re being Cliff, which means you’re being selfish. | 不 你现在是克里夫 也就是说你很自私 |
[10:13] | I think you mean “Practical.” | 我想你是指”现实”吧 |
[10:15] | – Vindictive. – Astute. | -你是伺机报复 -我是聪明机智 |
[10:16] | So the last six hours | 所以之前6小时的辛勤工作 |
[10:17] | Have been a complete and total waste of time. | 都完全是在浪费时间 |
[10:20] | I think you’re letting your personal feelings | 我觉得你正让你的私人情感 |
[10:21] | Get in the way of your professional judgment. | 影响着你的专业判断 |
[10:22] | No, I’m being reasonable. | 没有 我是讲道理的 |
[10:24] | This is letting my personal feelings | 这才是让私人情感 |
[10:25] | Get in the way of professional judgment. | 影响了专业判断 |
[10:32] | Right. | 很好 |
[10:33] | Uh,why don’t,uh,you two get,um… | 不如 你俩 额 去… |
[10:40] | I’m gonna… | 我要 |
[10:47] | I’m learning a lot. | 我受益匪浅啊 |
[10:49] | You? | 你呢 |
[10:53] | Can we talk to you for a second? | 我们能和你谈谈吗 |
[10:54] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[10:55] | We’ve been doing this friendly deal for Cliff and Susan, | 我们刚为克里夫和苏珊处理一桩友好协议 |
[10:57] | and it’s taken on a very vicious, cutthroat… | 讨论异常激烈 惨烈 |
[11:00] | “Thunderdome” Quality. | “惨不忍睹” |
[11:01] | Very “Thunderdome.” | 相当”惨不忍睹” |
[11:02] | You worked with cliff a few weeks ago. | 你几周前跟克里夫一起工作过 |
[11:04] | Did you notice any… | 你有没有发现任何 |
[11:05] | Trouble in their marriage? Why would I notice that? | 他们婚姻的问题吗 我咋会注意到 |
[11:07] | I knew she knew something. | 我就知道她有猛料 |
[11:07] | You know what? I don’t know anything. | 知道吗 我什么都不知道 |
[11:09] | You just confirmed that there’s trouble | 你刚才承认了克里夫和苏珊的婚姻 |
[11:10] | In cliff and susan’s marriage. | 有一些问题 |
[11:11] | I didn’t confirm anything. In fact, I deny . | 我没承认任何事情 事实上 我否认了 |
[11:13] | Yes, but you already indicated that you had knowledge, | 是的 但你已经表现出来你早就知道了 |
[11:15] | So your denial serves as a confirmation. | 所以你的否认是确认 |
[11:16] | Then I deny my denial. | 那我否认我的否认 |
[11:18] | Which is a double confirmation. | 双重否定表肯定 |
[11:19] | You know what? My boyfriend is here, | 你们知道吗 我男朋友来了 |
[11:20] | and I’m kind of off-balance, | 我有点失衡了 |
[11:22] | and I don’t appreciate you two coming in here | 我不喜欢你们两个跑过来 |
[11:23] | making me deny the truth about stuff that I’m trying to hide. | 让我否认我一直试图隐藏的事实 |
[11:34] | What boyfriend? | 什么男朋友 |
[11:42] | You sure he’s here? | 你确定他在这里吗 |
[11:43] | His secretary said he signed out to this location. | 他秘书说他来了这里 |
[11:49] | What is so important that you had to interrupt me | 什么事情这么紧要 |
[11:51] | in the middle of a high-level settlement negotiation? | 让你们非得在高级和解谈判中打断我 |
[11:53] | Rowdy, you left your chips. Are you — | 劳迪 你落了你的薯片 你是否 |
[11:55] | No, no, no, sweetheart. I’m in. | 不不不 亲爱的 我不走 |
[11:56] | You just leave them next to my highball. | 把它放在我的酒旁边就好 |
[12:03] | Proceed. | 说吧 |
[12:04] | The A.D.A. is trying to scare us into taking a premature plea. | 地检官助理想吓唬我们接受提前认罪 |
[12:07] | – What are they offering? – Five years. | -什么条件 -5年监禁 |
[12:08] | For second-degree murder? That’s great. | 二级谋杀的刑期吗 很好 |
[12:10] | Mr. Mather will be thrilled. | 马瑟先生肯定会激动死 |
[12:11] | Maybe. Turns out his information is a little out of date. | 可能吧 可事实是他的信息有点过时了 |
[12:13] | Kevin is sober. | 凯文改过自新了 |
[12:15] | I can’t believe I folded aces for this. | 真不敢相信我留着王牌出来就是为了听这个 |
[12:18] | So, use his sobriety to push back on the A.D.A. | 那就用他的改过自新推翻助理地检官 |
[12:20] | Beat five years. | 推翻那5年 |
[12:22] | You’ll be heroes. We’ll have a little parade. | 你们会成为英雄 我们就有可炫耀的资本了 |
[12:23] | Yeah, that’s great, except that Kevin’s arraignment’s | 好提议 但是凯文的传讯 |
[12:25] | in half an hour, and the A.D.A.’s using the fact | 半小时后就开始了 而助理地检官 |
[12:27] | that we’re assigned to judge Anderson | 用我们被分配到安德森法官的事实 |
[12:28] | to leverage us to take the plea as is. | 来逼我们接受协商认罪 |
[12:30] | Joan Anderson? | 琼·安德森吗 |
[12:33] | Take what the A.D.A.’s offering. | 接受助理地检官的条件吧 |
[12:34] | Rowdy,Kevin says he’s innocent. | 劳迪 凯文说他是清白的 |
[12:35] | – Can you prove he didn’t do it? – Not yet. | -你能证明他是清白的吗 -暂时不能 |
[12:37] | Dylan,Joan Anderson’s a burr under the saddle of justice. | 迪兰 琼·安德森是个非常令人头疼的角色 |
[12:40] | Now, f you take this to trial | 如果你让案子上庭 |
[12:41] | and you fail to estabsh reasonable doubt, | 又不能提出合理的怀疑 |
[12:43] | nothing good will happen to Kevin. | 凯文是不会有好下场的 |
[12:45] | But don’t we at least have an obligation | 可我们的义务 |
[12:46] | To cross-check the police report | 不就是去反复核查警方报告 |
[12:47] | T-to see if we can get there? | 看能否有所发现吗 |
[12:51] | The tall Australian has been uncharacteristically laconic. | 高大的澳大利亚人异常沉默啊 |
[12:53] | What does he think? | 他怎么想的呢 |
[12:54] | I think we’ve only had the case six hours. | 我觉得这个案子我们只接手了6个小时 |
[12:55] | Whether they believe can we or not. | 不管他们觉得我们能否成功 |
[12:57] | We’re not doing our job if we don’t do our due diligence. | 如果我们不尽职调查的话 就是在玩忽职守 |
[12:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:00] | Well, if you’re not gonna bite down on plea, | 如果你们不打算接受协商认罪的话 |
[13:02] | I strongly suggest you get the hell out of Joan’s courtroom. | 我强烈建议你们别走进琼主审的法庭 |
[13:06] | We can file a motion | 我们可以提交动议 |
[13:07] | To adjourn the arraignment to another day. | 要求改日再审 |
[13:09] | The judges rotate through arraignments. | 法官在传讯中是轮换上庭的 |
[13:10] | It’ll have the effect of switching to another judge. | 可能会让我们换到别的法官 |
[13:12] | All right,go get ’em. | 很好 去吧 |
[13:13] | Oh,and if anybody asks… | 噢 如果任何人问起 |
[13:15] | You’re in a high-level settlement negotiation. | 你正在处理高级和解谈判 |
[13:16] | Very good. Thank you. | 很好 多谢啦 |
[13:22] | Hey. You’re back. | 嘿 你回来了 |
[13:24] | Yeah, just for a second. I have to file a motion. | 是的 就一会而已 我还得去提交动议 |
[13:26] | Y-you’re busy. No,I get it. Here. | 你很忙 我知道 |
[13:27] | But you got to eat lunch,right? | 但你总要吃午餐吧 |
[13:29] | So I decided to bring you lunch from home – | 所以我决定从家里给你带了午餐过来 |
[13:32] | Skyline Chili,Conn’s potato chips,and… | 天际红辣椒 科恩薯片 还有 |
[13:36] | Tiny cheeseburgers from Gooey Louie’s. | 古威·路易的迷你汉堡 |
[13:40] | You brought sliders from Ohio? | 你从俄亥俄州带过来的吗 |
[13:42] | Yeah. They’re a little sweaty, so be careful. | 是的 他们有点潮了 小心吃 |
[13:46] | That’s… impossibly sweet of you. | 这真是… 你真贴心 |
[13:49] | Burger cheers. | 汉堡干杯 |
[13:51] | Burger cheers. | 汉堡干杯 |
[13:52] | All right. | 很好 |
[13:56] | Is it good? | 好吃吗 |
[13:57] | Ice-cold. | 冰镇的 |
[14:01] | Boys, it is your lucky day. | 小伙子们 今天真是你们的幸运日 |
[14:04] | Your client’s sobriety story holds up. | 你们当事人改过自新的故事生效了 |
[14:06] | And given his total lack of violent priors, | 而且鉴于他完全没有暴力前科 |
[14:08] | If he pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter, | 如果他肯承认过失杀人 |
[14:11] | we’ll call it two years. | 我们会只判两年 |
[14:12] | We’ll think about it. | 我们会考虑的 |
[14:14] | I suggest you hurry. | 我建议你们抓紧时间 |
[14:16] | I’ve apprised the judge of my offer. | 我会告诉法官我的提议的 |
[14:17] | Here’s a copy of the medical examiner’s final report. | 这是验尸员最终报告的副本 |
[14:20] | I’ll see you inside. | 里面见 |
[14:22] | Two years. If that’s our downside, it’s not too bad. | 两年 如果真是我们的错 还真不错 |
[14:25] | This says the victim died of a blow to the back of the head. | 这里写着受害人是死于后脑被袭击 |
[14:28] | So Kevin hit him — he fell. | 所以凯文打了他 他就倒了 |
[14:29] | No — blunt-force trauma. | 不 钝击外伤 |
[14:31] | He was hit with an object. | 他是被某种物体击中的 |
[14:33] | No one saw Kevin hit him with anything other than his fist. | 没人见到凯文用拳头之外的物品袭击他 |
[14:35] | That’s not ironclad evidence of innocence. | 这不是能证明清白的铁证 |
[14:38] | No, but it’s at least knocking on the door of reasonable doubt. | 不 但起码是合理怀疑的开始 |
[14:40] | We just need more time. | 我们只是需要多些时间 |
[14:41] | Let’s go get it. | 咱们开工吧 |
[14:45] | Your honor, Liam Priory, | 法官大人 我是黎姆·普拉利 |
[14:46] | defense counsel for Mr. Mather. | 马瑟先生的辩护律师 |
[14:47] | We’d like to file a motion to move the arraignment | 我们申请把传讯时间改到下周五 |
[14:50] | until next Friday, as both Mr. Hewitt and myself | 因为我和赫威特先生 |
[14:52] | have schedule conflicts today. | 今天还有别的安排 |
[14:53] | Do I look like your social secretary? | 难道我是你的社交秘书吗 |
[14:55] | Motion denied. | 申请驳回 |
[14:56] | Uh, but, your honor, our schedules — | 可是 法官大人 我们的日程 |
[14:58] | And I see through your cunning little ruse, Mr. Priory. | 我很清楚你的小伎俩 普拉利先生 |
[15:01] | You’re try for a sympathetic court. | 你想博得法院的同情 |
[15:02] | That may fly with some judges, | 也许这在其他法官那里可行 |
[15:04] | but not with me. You’re staying right here. | 但在我这儿可行不通 你得留在这里 |
[15:06] | I understand Ms. Hutchins has offered two years | 我听说只要你的当事人承认过失杀人 |
[15:09] | for pleading guilty for involuntary manslaughter. | 哈金斯女士同意只判他两年 |
[15:11] | That’s a very generous offer, in my assessment. | 在我看来 这已经很宽大了 |
[15:13] | Yes, your honor, | 是的 法官大人 |
[15:15] | but our client maintains his innocence, | 但我们的当事人坚持说他是清白的 |
[15:16] | and we think the police investigation might that have been — | 而且我们认为警方的调查可能 |
[15:18] | Mr. Hewitt, your client has a long rap sheet. | 赫威特先生 你的当事人前科累累 |
[15:22] | If he’s found guilty at trial | 如果他在传讯时被认定有罪 |
[15:24] | and we add murder to this resume, | 再加上一条杀人罪 |
[15:25] | I will sentence him to life in prison. | 我会直接判他终生监禁 |
[15:27] | And once the trial starts, | 一旦审讯开始 |
[15:29] | I will not allow you to change your plea. | 你就算想协商认罪也来不及了 |
[15:31] | I understand, your honor, | 我了解 法官大人 |
[15:32] | but our client has just heard the deal, | 但我们的当事人才刚得知这个提议 |
[15:34] | and he needs a day or two to consider it. | 他需要一两天时间考虑 |
[15:35] | Mr. Hewitt, every lawyer thinks their case is special, | 赫威特先生 每个律师都认为他们的案子 |
[15:38] | the fulcrum upon which justice pivots. | 是特殊的 都处在司法公正的支点上 |
[15:40] | But I have dozens of these special cases to deal with today, | 但我今天还有很多特殊的案子要处理 |
[15:43] | and I cannot make allowances for your indecision. | 我可不会为了你们的犹豫不决而放宽时间 |
[15:47] | You have 15 minutes. | 我给你们15分钟 |
[15:51] | I didn’t do it, but I don’t want to go to prison the rest of my life. | 我是清白的 而且我也不想在监狱度过余生 |
[15:53] | We got a shot at reasonable doubt. | 我们可以试试用合理疑点来辩护 |
[15:55] | “Shot” is not a sure thing, | “试试”可没法确定 |
[15:56] | and two years behind bars isn’t great, but it beats life. | 坐牢两年虽然不好 但也比终生监禁强多了 |
[16:02] | Is that my dad? | 那是我爸爸吗 |
[16:05] | We’ll be right back. | 我们很快回来 |
[16:08] | Mr. Mather. | 马瑟先生 |
[16:09] | Rowdy called me. This has gone on long enough. | 劳迪给我打过电话了 这事已经拖太久了 |
[16:12] | We just want to do what’s right for Kevin. | 我们只是想为凯文做正确的事 |
[16:13] | – Then take the plea. – He says he’s innocent. | -那就认罪吧 -可他说他是无辜的 |
[16:15] | My son says a lot of things, Mr. Hewitt. | 我儿子说过的话可多着呢 赫威特先生 |
[16:16] | This time may be different, Mr. Mather. | 可是马瑟先生 也许这次不一样了 |
[16:18] | Your son has worked really hard to turn his life around. | 你儿子很努力地在改过自新 重新生活 |
[16:21] | I think if you just listen to him… | 我想如果你能听听他说的话… |
[16:22] | I’ve spent years listening to him. | 我已经听他说了很多年了 |
[16:24] | Look where it’s gotten us. | 看看现在的下场 |
[16:25] | Just give him one more chance. | 再给他一次机会吧 |
[16:30] | He’s broken my heart too many times. | 他伤我的心伤了太多次了 |
[16:33] | Take the plea. | 接受认罪 |
[16:34] | Make this go away. | 把事情摆平 |
[16:47] | Where’s my dad? Is he coming back? | 我爸爸呢 他会回来吗 |
[16:49] | We don’t have a lot of time, so what are we gonna do? | 时间不多 我们该怎么做 |
[16:51] | Wait a minute. What did he say? | 等等 他刚说了什么 |
[16:53] | What did my dad say? | 我爸爸说了什么 |
[16:56] | He thinks we should take the plea. | 他认为我们应该接受认罪辩诉协议 |
[16:59] | Did you tell him I was innocent? | 你告诉他我是清白的了吗 |
[17:00] | Look, Kevin, this isn’t about your father. | 凯文 这和你爸爸无关 |
[17:02] | I mean, I know I made some mistakes, | 我知道我做了很多错事 |
[17:03] | but I-I’ve worked so hard to turn my life around. | 但我很努力地在改过自新 |
[17:08] | I’m going to jail for something I didn’t do. | 我要为了我没做过的事而坐牢 |
[17:11] | Your time is up. How do you plead? | 你们的时间到了 你认罪吗 |
[17:14] | – Your honor — – You’ve got 10 seconds. | -法官大人 -还有10秒 |
[17:16] | – 10, 9, 8… – Your honor, we’re simply asking for more time… | -10 9 8 -法官大人 我们只想多要些时间 |
[17:18] | – 7, 6… – to possibly exonerate an innocent man. | -7 6 -来为一个清白的人脱罪 |
[17:19] | – 5, 4… – this is an abuse — | -5 4 -您这是滥用职权 |
[17:21] | – Can’t you stop this? – 3,2,1 — | -你能阻止她吗 -3 2 1 |
[17:23] | Guilty. | 有罪 |
[17:27] | I plead guilty. | 我认罪 |
[17:34] | I understand that I can’t press you | 我知道我不能逼你 |
[17:36] | but you got to let us speak for you. | 但你该让我们为你说话 |
[17:37] | I didn’t want to go to jail forever. | 我不想一辈子蹲监狱 |
[17:39] | Kevin, look — the agreement is on its way over, | 凯文 协议很快就会送来 |
[17:41] | but you haven’t signed it yet. | 但你还没有签 |
[17:42] | You can still change your plea. | 你还是可以改变主意的 |
[17:43] | And what good would that do? | 那又有什么用呢 |
[17:45] | Look, I know my dad. | 我了解我爸爸 |
[17:46] | If he thinks I’m guilty and I don’t take this plea, | 如果他认定我有罪而我还不承认 |
[17:48] | he won’t let you go to trial. | 他不会让你们上庭的 |
[17:50] | Kevin, this is not — | 凯文 这不是… |
[17:50] | No. He’s written me off. | 不 他已经给我定罪了 |
[17:52] | He won’t let you take this to trial and embarrass him. | 他不会让你们上庭让他丢脸的 |
[17:55] | He’ll fire you. | 他会解雇你们 |
[17:56] | And then I’m gonna get stuck with a P.D., | 然后派给我一个公共辩护律师 |
[17:57] | and then I’m screwed. | 那我就死定了 |
[17:58] | We’ll do it for free if we have to. | 如果有必要的话我们会免费帮你 |
[18:01] | We’re not gonna sell you out for your old man. | 我们不会为了你爸爸而出卖你 |
[18:02] | You’re the one in the dock. Our loyalty runs to you. | 你才是当事人 我们会忠实于你 |
[18:07] | Can you fake an illness? | 你会装病吗 |
[18:09] | What? | 什么 |
[18:09] | Y-y-you’ve got a — you’ve got a stomach flu. | 你 你的胃不舒服 |
[18:11] | I-it’s awful. You have to go to the infirmary — | 极其难受 你得去医务室 |
[18:12] | where you won’t be able to sign the agreement. | 这样你就不用签那份协议了 |
[18:14] | That won’t work. They’ll never believe me. | 没用的 他们不会相信我的 |
[18:20] | – He needs a doctor. – And right away. | -他需要治疗 -马上 |
[18:25] | Feel better, Kev. | 坚持住 凯文 |
[18:32] | No, we’re so glad you guys came. Really. It’s like — | 不 你们能来我们很高兴 真的 |
[18:35] | Well, so, how’s it going? | 那…进展如何了 |
[18:37] | Well. Incredibly well. | 很好 出奇得好 |
[18:39] | And smoothly. Which is another way of saying “Well.” | 而且很顺利 也是很好的意思 |
[18:44] | We’d like to check in with Susan and Cliff. | 我们想见见苏珊和克里夫 |
[18:45] | Yeah, we just want to get a sense | 我们只是想来 |
[18:47] | of the rough contours of the deal. | 大概了解下情况 |
[18:50] | Absolutely. | 那是当然 |
[18:51] | Uh, we’ll see if they’re free. | 我们去看看他们有没有空 |
[18:53] | Great. | 很好 |
[19:03] | Answer me, Cliff! | 回答我 克里夫 |
[19:04] | Did you file a patent claiming ownership on Doug’s product? | 你是不是把道格的产品专利所有权给泰勒了 |
[19:06] | – Yes, I did. – Why?! | -是的 -为什么 |
[19:08] | Because he is an employee | 因为他是泰勒的雇员 |
[19:09] | – working for Tyler in Tyler’s facility. – Oh,god! | -用泰勒的设备在为泰勒工作 -天啊 |
[19:11] | This is so you! | 这太像你了 |
[19:12] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:14] | It means you’re consistently using your position | 意思是你总是利用你的职位之便 |
[19:16] | to grab more power. | 来获取更多的权力 |
[19:17] | Says the woman who just tried | 这话出自某个想把我的当事人 |
[19:18] | to steal my client’s board of directors. | 驱除出董事会的女人之口 |
[19:20] | I set up a few meetings. So what? | 我的确召集了几次会议 那又怎样 |
[19:21] | Muster up the courage to stab me in the chest next time. | 有种下次就来往我胸口上狠狠扎一刀 |
[19:23] | Stand still while I locate a sharp object! | 那你可要挺住 我会找个利器来 |
[19:32] | You know, actually, they are indisposed. | 现在他们真的很忙 |
[19:34] | Okay. Then let’s… leave them to do their job. | 好吧 那我们就不去打扰他们了 |
[19:39] | Tyler, I think we should wait. | 泰勒 我觉得我们该等会儿 |
[19:40] | I’ll buy you an ice cream. | 我给你买冰激凌吃 |
[19:41] | You know I quit eating ice cream 11 years ago, Ty. | 你知道我11年前就把冰激凌戒了 泰勒 |
[19:44] | Oh, let’s just pretend that I said “Whisk”. | 那就假装我刚才说的是威士忌吧 |
[19:48] | Let’s pretend. All right. Okay. | 那就假装吧 好吧 |
[19:51] | Shall we? | 这边走好吗 |
[19:54] | Is my brother trying to screw me? | 我哥哥是不是想压榨我 |
[19:56] | What? No! Oh, Mr. Cook — um, Doug, look, | 什么 当然不是 库克先生 道格 |
[20:00] | even the negotiations | 即便是商谈 |
[20:02] | need a little amicable give and take…your brother’s offer. | 也要友好地进行 接受你哥哥的提议 |
[20:07] | Go get whiskey, and we will be done before you know it. | 去喝点小酒吧 我们会尽快搞定的 |
[20:09] | – All right? – Okay. | -好吗 -好的 |
[20:10] | – All right. – Thank you. | -那就这样 -谢谢 |
[20:14] | Yes, that is it. Liquor in the afternoon. | 对 就是这样 下午小酌 |
[20:21] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[20:22] | Okay, what’s the problem? | 好了 出什么问题了 |
[20:23] | What? There’s no problem. Why would there be a problem? | 什么 没问题啊 怎么会有问题 |
[20:26] | Cliff and Susan are at each other’s throats. | 克里夫和苏珊正吵得不可开交 |
[20:29] | He was gonna find out, anyway. | 不过他总会想出解决办法的 |
[20:31] | I assume they’re not talking to each other? | 我猜他们现在互不理睬吧 |
[20:33] | Except when they’re yelling. | 只是在大喊大叫 |
[20:35] | I assume you’ve prepared all the pertinent closing documents? | 我想你们已经准备好相关的结案文书了吧 |
[20:37] | – Six ways to Sunday. – And they keep blowing them up. | -完全准备好了 -他们就要分了 |
[20:39] | Have you tried reasoning with them? | 你们有试着劝劝他们吗 |
[20:40] | It’s Cliff and Susan. | 那可是克里夫和苏珊 |
[20:42] | True. | 没错 |
[20:42] | Have you tried outsmarting them? | 你们想过要比他们更胜一筹吗 |
[20:49] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, | 真不敢相信我要这么说 |
[20:50] | but I am so proud of you for punching our client. | 但你打了我们的当事人 我真为你骄傲啊 |
[20:52] | I know. It’s real growth for me. | 我知道 这对我也是一大突破 |
[20:54] | Bring on those tiny dojo bastards. | 把这招用在那些柔道馆的混蛋身上吧 |
[20:56] | Okay, he’ll be in the infirmary the rest of the day, | 他得在医务室呆一天 |
[20:59] | which means we have 24 hours to find enough evidence | 这就意味着我们有24个小时 |
[21:01] | to convince Kevin not to sign that plea. | 找出足够的证据来说服凯文不要认罪 |
[21:03] | The victim died of blunt-force trauma to the back of the head. | 被害人的致命伤是脑后的钝器伤 |
[21:05] | So if Kevin didn’t inflict it… | 所以如果不是凯文干的 |
[21:06] | We have to find out who else hit him. | 我们就得找到还有谁也打了他 |
[21:08] | I’ll check the interviews. | 我去查笔供记录 |
[21:09] | I’ll scour the evidence file. | 我负责查找证据档案 |
[21:16] | To the birthday girl. | 祝我们的小寿星 |
[21:23] | Let’s go get another round. | 我们再喝一轮吧 |
[21:24] | – Yeah. – Pardon us, ladies. | -好的 -失陪下 女士们 |
[21:26] | – Thank you. – Excuse me. | -谢谢 -借过 |
[21:34] | He’s cute and he seems sweet. | 他很帅而且还很体贴 |
[21:37] | Yeah, he’s both of those things. | 是啊 他哪里都好 |
[21:39] | I met her when she was in 10th grade. | 我认识她时她读10年级 |
[21:41] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[21:42] | I know, right? | 不可思议 是吧 |
[21:44] | I was captain of the baseball team. | 我那时是棒球队的队长 |
[21:46] | She was, like, Miss teen wordpower. | 她就像是 词霸少女 |
[21:48] | Miss teen word power? | 词霸少女 |
[21:51] | What does that even mean, exactly? | 什么意思 |
[21:53] | I was smart and shy. | 那时我很聪明也很害羞 |
[21:55] | And small. | 而且很娇小 |
[21:57] | Nobody noticed me except for Jason. | 除了杰森没人注意到我 |
[22:01] | He was sweet and kind and totally in love with me. | 他很可爱很体贴 还全心全意的爱我 |
[22:05] | That is fantastic. | 真是太棒了 |
[22:07] | It was a dream come true. | 当时就像是美梦成真的感觉 |
[22:10] | “Was”? | 当时 |
[22:12] | Yeah, she’s my rock. | 她是我的依靠 |
[22:14] | You know, she was always there to support me, | 知道吗 她总是一如既往地支持我 |
[22:15] | especially when I blew out my shoulder, | 尤其是当我失去经济来源 |
[22:17] | Lost my scholarship. | 失去奖学金的时候 |
[22:18] | It was really hard when she moved to L.A. | 她刚搬到洛杉矶的时候 我很难熬 |
[22:21] | So I’m looking to make a change. | 所以我想改变 |
[22:23] | Change is good. | 改变是好事 |
[22:26] | And let’s drink to that. | 为改变干杯 |
[22:29] | To change. | 为了改变 |
[22:30] | So, what do you want? | 所以 你到底想要什么呢 |
[22:32] | You mean with Jason? | 你是指对杰森吗 |
[22:37] | I don’t think I know anymore. | 我也说不上来 |
[22:43] | Happy birthday… | 生日快乐 |
[22:47] | …Addles. | 艾迪小可爱 |
[22:49] | Thank you… | 谢谢 |
[22:51] | – …Jay-bird. – Yeah. | -杰森大飞鸟 -没错 |
[22:53] | And now for the present. | 接下来该看礼物了 |
[22:59] | You’re giving me my apartment keys back. | 你把我的公寓钥匙还给了我 |
[23:01] | Well, I don’t need them anymore, | 我不再需要它们了 |
[23:03] | Since I made a copy for myself. | 因为我又配了一把 |
[23:05] | There’s a marketing job at a Turbine Company | 我在涡轮机公司销售部得到了一份工作 |
[23:07] | in Carson. | 就在卡尔森 |
[23:08] | Our long-distance relationship is over. | 我们不用再远距恋爱了 |
[23:10] | I’m moving in! | 我搬过来了 |
[23:25] | Stomach flu? | 急性肠胃炎 |
[23:27] | We did try to call. | 本来想通知您的 |
[23:28] | Sometimes you have to put away the playbook | 有时候不用循规蹈矩 |
[23:31] | and use your own judgment. | 见机行事就好 |
[23:32] | So you think we did the right thing? | 我们没做错吗 |
[23:33] | Well, not forcing a plea on a client claiming innocence — | 不把认罪协议强加于坚称无辜的当事人 |
[23:36] | yeah, absolutely, you did the right thing. | 当然 你们没做错 |
[23:38] | But now you got to back it up. | 不过现在 你们得负起责任了 |
[23:40] | Can you do that? | 能做到吗 |
[23:42] | Not yet. | 有点勉强 |
[23:43] | But… the coroner’s report said | 不过 验尸报告显示 |
[23:46] | there was no way the victim could have been ambulatory | 被害人不可能在头部 |
[23:48] | after the blow to the back of the head. | 遭到重创后还能走动 |
[23:49] | No one walks after getting his skull crushed. | 头盖骨都碎了肯定动弹不得了 |
[23:51] | Right, which means the blow was inflicted in the alley. | 正解 这说明袭击是在小巷里发生的 |
[23:54] | That doesn’t help us | 除非有目击证人 |
[23:55] | unless you’ve got a witness I don’t know about. | 不然还是帮不了我们 |
[23:56] | Maybe better. | 比目击者更好 |
[23:58] | That’s a gun shop across the street. | 对面是一家枪械商店 |
[23:59] | They’d have security cameras pointed at the door — | 也许沿街安装了对准店门的 |
[24:01] | down the street,maybe. | 监视摄像机 |
[24:02] | Maybe video of whoever hit that guy on the head. | 也许拍到了犯案的家伙 |
[24:06] | I’ll start the paperwork on a subpoena. | 我立刻起草一份传票 |
[24:08] | Let me know how it pans out. | 有结果了告诉我一声 |
[24:10] | Gentlemen… tidy up. | 先生们 收拾收拾 |
[24:13] | This is a place of business, not a dorm room. | 这里是办公室 不是宿舍 |
[24:19] | What do you mean you moved him? He was in legitimate pain. | 转移了是什么意思 他确实病了 |
[24:21] | Right. I put him in his cell. | 没错 我让他先待在单间牢房 |
[24:23] | An hour later, the kid wasn’t even moaning. | 1小时后 那孩子不喊疼了 |
[24:25] | I canceled the infirmary request. | 我就撤消了医疗请求 |
[24:27] | The A.D.A. brought over the deal. He signed it. | 助理地检官带来了协议 他已经签了 |
[24:30] | They must have pressured him into waiving his right to counsel. | 他们一定施压让他放弃辩护权 |
[24:31] | Hey, big fella. | 大个子 |
[24:33] | We want to see our client. | 我们想见我们的当事人 |
[24:34] | Great. Great. | 可以 可以 |
[24:35] | Maybe you can bring him some cupcakes. | 也许可以顺便带一些点心给他 |
[24:37] | Here’s his new address. | 这是他的新地址 |
[24:42] | Kevin Mather is now prison inmate 33451. | 凯文·马瑟现在是33451号犯人 |
[24:47] | Hey. Got you the standard engagement letter you wanted. | 这是你要的标准聘书文件 |
[24:52] | Adelaide? | 艾迪 |
[24:53] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:54] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[24:55] | Yeah. Just… a lot going on right now. | 很好 就是 事情太多 |
[24:58] | Yeah, sure, with, uh, work… | 是啊 工作上的事 |
[25:00] | and Jay-bird moving to L.A. | 还有搬来洛杉矶的杰森大飞鸟 |
[25:03] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:05] | That was a bit of a surprise. | 确实让我小吃一惊 |
[25:06] | But you’re cool with it, right? | 不过你没事吧 |
[25:08] | Honestly, I don’t know. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[25:10] | I wish he would have asked me, you know, | 我希望他能事先和我商量一下 |
[25:12] | ’cause I don’t know if I’m ready to go there yet. | 因为我不知道自己是否准备好了 |
[25:14] | Why not just tell him how you feel? | 为何不直接告诉他呢 |
[25:15] | Because he’s — he’s already got the job lined up,and — | 因为 他都把工作办妥了 而且 |
[25:19] | Just be straight with him. | 跟他直接说吧 |
[25:20] | I mean, obviously he cares a lot about you. | 看得出他非常在乎你 |
[25:23] | I’m sure you guys will work something out. | 你们俩一定能把问题解决的 |
[25:25] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[25:27] | It makes me feel better, Malcolm. | 我感觉好多了 马尔科姆 |
[25:29] | Addles, please. | 艾迪小可爱 拜托 |
[25:31] | Call me “M-dog.” | 叫我”马尔大狗狗” |
[25:41] | Such a doofus. | 真是个傻子 |
[25:42] | This photo is time-stamped | 这张照片是在 |
[25:44] | after Kevin Mather left the scene of the fight. | 凯文·马瑟离开现场后拍下的 |
[25:46] | It clearly shows the victim arguing with his wife | 上面清楚的显示 被害人在和他的妻子争吵 |
[25:48] | and another, unidentified man. | 旁边还有一个陌生男子 |
[25:50] | Now, I’m not a doctor, but given his verticality | 我虽然不是医生 但从他站得好好的 |
[25:52] | and general lack of deadness, I’d say the victim was alive. | 并没有呈垂死状看来 当时他还活着 |
[25:54] | Right here in the police report, | 警方的报告显示 |
[25:55] | the wife says she was home in bed alone the whole night. | 那个妻子声称她整晚都在家睡觉 |
[25:58] | She lied. | 她撒了谎 |
[26:01] | What do you want from me? | 你们想要我做什么 |
[26:01] | Support our motion to | 支持我们的提议 |
[26:02] | vacate our client’s guilty plea. | 撤销我们当事人的认罪协议 |
[26:04] | You know it’s the right thing to do. | 你知道这才是正确的 |
[26:10] | I’ll talk to my boss. | 我去跟头儿谈谈 |
[26:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me… | 现在 恕我失陪 |
[26:14] | …I have to go find these two. | 我去找这两位嫌犯 |
[26:20] | Okay, I know Hart said to outsmart them, | 哈特说要以智取胜 |
[26:22] | but we could still get fired for this, so you do it. | 但我们仍旧可能因此被解雇 所以你来吧 |
[26:24] | The hell I will. You do it. | 我才不 你来 |
[26:25] | Fine. We’ll both do it. | 好吧 我们一起来 |
[26:30] | We’d like to make reservations tonight for a party of… | 麻烦为我们预定今晚的派对 |
[26:33] | – six? – Two brothers. | -6个人 -兄弟俩 |
[26:35] | Seven. | 7个人 |
[26:35] | Seven. What time? | 7个人 几点呢 |
[26:38] | Your honor, the legal standard for vacating a plea | 法官大人 撤销认罪的法律标准 |
[26:40] | is manifest injustice. | 有失公正 |
[26:41] | We have photos proving the victim was up and around | 我们有照片证明受害者 |
[26:44] | after being struck by Kevin Mather. | 在被凯文·马瑟袭击后还活着 |
[26:45] | Do you have indisputable, definitive evidence | 你们是否有无可争辩 毫无疑义的证据 |
[26:48] | of your client’s innocence? | 来证明你们当事人的清白 |
[26:49] | The totality of what we have clearly indicates that — | 这张照片完全可以表明 |
[26:51] | I don’t care what it indicates. | 我不管它表明什么 |
[26:53] | Do you have a photo that shows someone else | 你们有照片显示 |
[26:55] | hitting the victim in the head? | 有其他人袭击被害者吗 |
[26:57] | No,but if you look — | 没有 但是如果你看看… |
[26:58] | Your client pled guilty. | 你们的当事人已经认罪 |
[27:00] | When you plead guilty, you give up the right to a trial. | 一旦认罪 就等于放弃了再审的权利 |
[27:03] | Your honor, you know that’s not the spirit — | 法官大人 你知道这不是事情的宗旨 |
[27:04] | The plea that I allowed your client to take | 我让你们当事人接受的认罪协议 |
[27:05] | sends a message to those who come before me about justice. | 向所有来找我伸张正义的人传递了一个信息 |
[27:08] | It is swift and it is certain. | 迅速且坚定 |
[27:10] | If I reverse that message now,where will it end? | 如果我出尔反尔 岂不没完没了 |
[27:13] | I find no manifest injustice. | 我没发现任何有失公正的迹象 |
[27:15] | Motion to vacate the plea is denied. | 撤销认罪的提议被驳回 |
[27:17] | Your client stays in prison. | 你们的当事人得继续坐牢 |
[27:24] | And now, you do not have my permission. | 从现在起 你们不再拥有我的许可了 |
[27:27] | Complaint against a judge — very serious. | 居然和法官对峙 还真胆大 |
[27:29] | It’s the only shot we have at getting Kevin out. | 这是保凯文出来的唯一机会 |
[27:30] | She will take it as a personal attack. | 她可以告你们人身攻击 |
[27:32] | You back a foaming dog into a corner, it’ll go at your neck. | 你们把狗逼到角落 小心被反咬一口 |
[27:35] | Rowdy, Kevin’s in jail for two years | 劳迪 凯文要为他没干过的事 |
[27:36] | for something he did not do. | 白白坐两年牢 |
[27:37] | You think she can’t affect how he spends those two years? | 你以为她无法干涉他在牢里的境遇吗 |
[27:40] | Right now he’s in chino — three hots and a cot. | 他现在穿着号子服 困在牢房 |
[27:43] | He’s bunking with some crooked accountant | 下铺是个作假帐的会计 |
[27:44] | or a pimply car thief. | 或者满脸疙瘩的偷车贼 |
[27:45] | It could be a lot worse. | 她完全可以让他过得更惨 |
[27:47] | Now, Mr. Mather hired this company | 马瑟先生雇佣这家公司 |
[27:48] | to mitigate the amount of time his son spent behind bars. | 来缩短他儿子坐牢的时间 |
[27:51] | You boys did that. | 你们做到了 |
[27:52] | You should be very proud of yourselves. | 为自己感到自豪吧 |
[27:53] | No,we shouldn’t. And neither should you. | 没什么好自豪的 你也一样 |
[27:58] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[27:59] | You wanted us to take a plea from minute one, | 你一开始就想让我们接受认罪协议 |
[28:01] | and if we’d listened to you, | 如果我们听了你的话 |
[28:02] | we never would have found out Kevin was innocent. | 我们就永远不会发现凯文是清白的了 |
[28:07] | Let me spell it out for you, hoss. | 我给你们解释一下吧 梦想家 |
[28:11] | The likelihood of you successfully censuring | 你能成功谴责一个 |
[28:13] | a judge of Anderson’s caliber is slim to none. | 像安德森那样的法官的可能性为零 |
[28:16] | This firm represents hundreds of clients, | 我们公司要代理好几百个客户 |
[28:17] | many of whom will make their way into her courtroom. | 其中很多人都会进入她的审判室 |
[28:19] | Now, you piss in her mess kit, | 你现在让她难堪 |
[28:21] | not only will you fail to free your client, | 非但救不出你们的当事人 |
[28:23] | but you will make the lives of our other clients | 还要让我们未来数十年的其他的客户 |
[28:25] | a living hell for years– decades to come. | 生活在水深火热中 |
[28:28] | So you’re worried about our other clients | 所以你是在为我们的其他客户 |
[28:31] | and Kevin’s dad. | 以及凯文的父亲担心 |
[28:34] | What about Kevin? | 那凯文怎么办 |
[28:35] | Is this what’s gonna happen to us if we stay here long enough — | 我们在这里呆久了是不是也会变成这样 |
[28:37] | We stop caring about the outcome? | 对结果无动于衷 |
[28:39] | Just roll over so an innocent man | 随便让无辜的人 |
[28:41] | can serve his could-have-been-worse sentence? | 承担一个”没什么大不了”的罪状 |
[28:54] | Hey, where is everybody? | 其他人呢 |
[28:55] | Beth said dinner with Hart and the clients at 7:00. | 贝希说七点和哈特还有客户一起吃饭 |
[28:57] | Malcolm told me 6:45. | 马尔科姆告诉我是六点四十五 |
[28:59] | ‘Cause you’re always 15 minutes late. | 因为你总要迟到15分钟 |
[29:02] | I did my best to get here on time. | 我已经尽量准时了 |
[29:09] | Chateau Lafite Rothschild | 拉菲酒庄 |
[29:10] | 1982? | 1982年酿制[法国顶级红酒] |
[29:11] | That’s splendid. | 真是好酒啊 |
[29:13] | I didn’t order it. | 不是我点的 |
[29:15] | It was requested when the reservation was made. | 预订座位时就吩咐好的 |
[29:17] | I was to bring it out as soon as the first party arrived. | 一旦有客人入座我就得上酒 |
[29:20] | Are you thirsty? | 你口渴吗 |
[29:21] | Around you? Always. | 在你周围吗 经常口渴 |
[29:39] | I thought you were gonna grab dinner | 我还以为你会买好晚餐 |
[29:39] | and meet me back at my place. | 等我回去吃呢 |
[29:40] | Yeah, well, you know how much I hate drinking alone, so… | 是啊 不过你知道我有多讨厌独自饮酒 |
[29:44] | And I thought maybe you could use a break. | 而且我想 也许你也能顺便休息一下 |
[29:46] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:47] | Do you know that there are four sushi places | 你知道你家所在的街区 |
[29:49] | within a one-block radius of your place? | 有四家寿司餐厅吗 |
[29:51] | Not that I would ever eat in one, but still — pretty swanky. | 虽然我不会进去用餐 但确实漂亮又时髦 |
[29:54] | They even have a whole jewelry district. | 他们甚至有一整块宝石就餐区 |
[29:57] | Jay? | 杰 |
[29:59] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[30:00] | I love having you here, | 我很喜欢有你在身边 |
[30:02] | and I’m — I’m really glad that you came. | 也很高兴你过来 |
[30:05] | But? | 但是 |
[30:06] | Just, living together… | 但是 住在一起 |
[30:09] | It’s a step, you know? | 这是迈出了一大步 你明白吗 |
[30:12] | And just… | 只是 |
[30:16] | …i’m not comfortable with the idea. | 我觉得这样有些别扭 |
[30:22] | Oh, my god. I am so glad you just said that. | 天啊 真高兴你这么说了 |
[30:25] | Really? | 真的 |
[30:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:29] | It makes what I’m about to say a lot easier. | 这样我要说的就容易多了 |
[30:33] | What do you m… mean? | 什么意思 |
[30:42] | I knew you wouldn’t feel comfortable living together, | 我知道你可能觉得我们同居有些别扭 |
[30:45] | and I don’t want that,either. | 我也这么觉得 |
[30:47] | You know,the truth is… | 事实是 |
[30:50] | there’s been something brewing between us for a long while, | 咱俩之间有些事酝酿很久了 |
[30:53] | and it’s time just to come out and say it. | 是时候说出来了 |
[30:57] | Addy,will you marry me? | 艾迪 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[31:11] | No one’s coming. No one was ever coming. | 没人会来 根本就不会有人来 |
[31:14] | We’ve been set up. | 我们中计了 |
[31:15] | Which one was it — | 谁设的局 |
[31:16] | Butch Cassidy or the Sundance kid? | 布屈·卡西迪还是阳舞仔 |
[31:20] | I can’t really blame Bennet or Branford. | 我真不能怪班尼特或者布莱弗德 |
[31:22] | They’re probably just afraid | 他们大概只是害怕 |
[31:23] | that all their hard work will go to waste | 自己所有的努力都白费了 |
[31:25] | since we can’t agree on fundamental principles. | 就因为咱俩不能在基本原则上达成一致 |
[31:29] | Can we? | 我们能吗 |
[31:30] | On the deal? Sure. | 这案子上 当然能啊 |
[31:32] | If that’s what we’re talking about. | 如果我们谈是这个的话 |
[31:35] | You’re pissed. | 你生气了 |
[31:37] | I mean, you’re really pissed. | 你是真的生气了 |
[31:38] | And you got every right to be considering what I did to you. | 你完全有权考虑我所对你做的事 |
[31:43] | I just hope you don’t abandon us… | 我只是希望你别放弃我们 |
[31:44] | abandon me… completely. | 别彻底放弃我 |
[31:51] | We can’t work this out on our own, Cliff. | 我们自己没法解决这事 克里夫 |
[31:54] | These negotiations prove that. | 从这些协商看得出来 |
[31:56] | We need someone… an intermediary or something… | 我们需要某人 一个中间人之类的 |
[31:59] | to help us. | 来帮助我们 |
[32:00] | What? Therapy? Are… | 什么 心理治疗吗 |
[32:02] | Look, I can’t go back to the way it was. | 我无法回到过去了 |
[32:07] | And I don’t know how else to move forward. | 也不知道该怎么向前看 |
[32:18] | With a starter salad. | 用一份开胃沙拉 |
[32:30] | How long have you been standing there? | 你在那儿站多久了 |
[32:32] | You look good, Joan. | 你看起来不错啊 琼 |
[32:34] | Clean living. | 洁身自好嘛 |
[32:37] | You still at Sterling? | 你还在斯特林事务所 |
[32:38] | Yep… 10 years. | 是啊 10年了 |
[32:40] | Time flies. | 时光飞逝啊 |
[32:42] | I’m here to talk about that Mather kid. | 我来是想说说马瑟那孩子的 |
[32:44] | Those two power Rangers put you onto me. | 那俩突击队员找你来对付我了 |
[32:47] | Oh, Joan, we both know he’s innocent. It’s obvious. | 琼 我们都知道他是无辜的 显而易见的 |
[32:50] | I just don’t understand why you won’t vacate your plea. | 我只是不明白你为什么不肯撤销认罪 |
[32:53] | Rowdy, you’ve never understood | 劳迪 你永远不会明白 |
[32:55] | The responsibility that comes with these robes. | 责任随着这身长袍而来啊 |
[32:57] | Maybe not, but I know why | 也许我不明白 但我知道 |
[32:58] | You wanted to wear those robes in the first place. | 你最初为什么想穿这身长袍 |
[33:01] | You didn’t want to give people messages about justice. | 你并不是想给人们什么关于公平的信息 |
[33:03] | You actually wanted to give people justice. | 你是想切实的给予人们公平 |
[33:06] | You think it’s easy to separate the two? | 你以为这两者很好区分吗 |
[33:10] | You remember when we went to work for the Burrows’ case? | 还记得我们接手的布鲁斯的案子吗 |
[33:13] | In the heyday of VHS… | 在家用录像系统盛行的年代 |
[33:14] | Yeah, before somebody could be exonerated by a DNA swab. | 当时人们还无法靠DNA检测来证明无罪 |
[33:19] | Now, that kid was innocent. | 当时那孩子是无辜的 |
[33:21] | But we couldn’t prove it. | 但我们证明不了 |
[33:24] | No. | 是 |
[33:25] | No, we could not. | 是的 我们证明不了 |
[33:27] | And I remember when they strapped him on that gurney | 我还记得他们把他固定在轮床上 |
[33:30] | and they pulled that lever and you cried. | 然后拉动控制杆[指实施死刑] 你哭了 |
[33:35] | You cried even more | 后来真正的罪犯认罪时 |
[33:36] | when the real guy confessed to the crime | 你哭的更厉害了 |
[33:38] | and Burrows was already in the ground. | 但布鲁斯已经在九泉之下了 |
[33:42] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[33:45] | I don’t know, Joan. Does justice ever get old? | 我不明白 琼 难道公平也过时了 |
[33:55] | This is a formal complaint | 这是一份正式控诉 |
[33:56] | concerning your behavior in this case. | 关于你在这案子中的行为 |
[33:58] | Now, you can file it under “Sterling,” | 你可以把它归在”斯特林事务所”档下 |
[34:00] | or you can reconsider your actions on your own. | 或者再反思一下你的行为 |
[34:02] | Do one or the other,or I will file it for you. | 就这两个选择 否则我会帮你立案 |
[34:22] | Brought you a strawberry milkshake. | 给你带了个草莓奶昔 |
[34:23] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:29] | Doesn’t its tantalizing artificial color distract you? | 它诱人的人工色素没吸引你吗 |
[34:33] | I can’t believe,even with all the facts on our side, | 难以置信 即使所有事实都站在咱们这边 |
[34:36] | we still couldn’t get Kevin out of prison. | 还是不能让凯文出狱 |
[34:40] | It’s totally unfair. | 太不公平了 |
[34:42] | But then… | 不过想想 |
[34:44] | Maybe life’s unfair,you know? | 也许人生就是不公平的 |
[34:47] | Maybe as lawyers,that’s our job… | 也许作为律师 我们的工作就是 |
[34:49] | to get smacked down by the system again and again | 被这个系统一次次的打败 |
[34:52] | till all the fight’s been drained out of us. | 直到我们无仗可打了为止 |
[34:57] | 75 75. | |
[35:00] | What’s that? | 什么东西 |
[35:01] | First-graders. | 柔道初学者 |
[35:03] | I think I could beat 75 first-graders | 我想我能把75个初学者 |
[35:05] | up and down the block. | 打得落花流水 |
[35:10] | You all have a hearing in Judge Anderson’s chambers. | 你俩得去安德森法官参加一个听证会 |
[35:12] | About what? | 关于什么的 |
[35:13] | I don’t know, but the hearing’s in 15 minutes, | 不知道 但还有15分钟就开始了 |
[35:15] | and the courthouse is 20 minutes away, | 这儿到法院大楼有20分钟路程 |
[35:17] | So I’d leave 10 minutes ago. | 所以如果是我的话 我会10分钟前出发 |
[35:30] | You wanted to see us? | 你要见我们 |
[35:32] | It’s come to my attention that my clerk | 我发现我的书记员 |
[35:33] | failed to notarize mr. Mather’s statement of fact regarding the crime. | 对马瑟先生的陈词公证失败 |
[35:37] | Therefore,the plea is invalid. | 所以那个认罪是无效的 |
[35:39] | In an abundance of caution, | 经过仔细考量 |
[35:40] | I’m going to vacate the plea entirely | 我打算彻底撤销那个认罪 |
[35:42] | Because I’m not one to stand for procedural errors. | 因为我不会支持程序错误的 |
[35:46] | I’m leaving the matter in ms. Hutchins’ hands. | 我将把这事交给哈金斯女士处理 |
[35:48] | Actually, your honor, we already have a suspect in custody. | 法官大人 其实我们已经拘押了一个嫌疑犯 |
[36:14] | Mr. Mather. | 马瑟先生 |
[36:16] | Is kevin on his way out? | 凯文快出来了吗 |
[36:17] | They’re just processing the paperwork now. | 正在办一些手续 |
[36:19] | Someone sent a photograph to my house last night. | 昨晚有人给我家寄了一张照片 |
[36:21] | It had a note on it. It said “He told the truth.” | 上面有张条 写着”他说的是真的” |
[36:24] | Who sent that? Your friend mr. Hewitt? | 谁寄的 你的朋友赫威特先生吗 |
[36:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:28] | Is Kevin innocent? | 凯文是无辜的吗 |
[36:30] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[36:54] | Hello, Kevin. | 凯文 |
[36:56] | Hi,dad. | 爸 |
[37:01] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[37:23] | So, if you sign here, | 在这儿签了字 |
[37:24] | then the deal will officially be closed. | 交易就正式完成了 |
[37:26] | Great job, everyone. | 干得好 各位 |
[37:27] | The agreement’s fair. Everybody wins. | 这协议很公平 双赢 |
[37:29] | Yeah, thanks for all your hard work. | 是啊 谢谢你们的努力 |
[37:30] | You know, Tyler, I actually thought the delay | 知道吗 泰勒 我本以为延迟交易 |
[37:33] | was occasioned by you trying to… | 是因为你想要… |
[37:34] | Shaft you? Why would I do that? | 利用你 我为什么要这样 |
[37:36] | Jealousy. I’m younger. | 嫉妒啊 我年轻些 |
[37:37] | No… less experienced. | 但阅历浅啊 |
[37:39] | Better-looking. | 更帅些 |
[37:39] | Not better… softer… like our sister. | 没有啊 柔和得像咱姐 |
[37:44] | Well,we couldn’t have done it without the both of you. | 没有你们我们无法完成这一切 |
[37:46] | You did an admirable job. | 你们干的太好了 |
[37:48] | However, there’s still the matter of the fake meeting you two set up. | 不过 你俩安排假会议的事还没完 |
[37:51] | You can’t bait-and-switch us | 你们对我们使偷梁换柱的招 |
[37:53] | without expecting there to be consequences. | 就别指望会没有后果 |
[37:55] | What are you gonna do? | 你们打算怎样 |
[37:56] | To be honest, we thought it would be more fun | 说实话 我们觉得不说出来 |
[37:58] | not to tell you. | 更有意思 |
[37:59] | Off you go. Live in dread. | 走吧 生活在恐惧中吧 |
[38:08] | You’re good. | 你不错嘛 |
[38:09] | You’re better. | 你更棒 |
[38:14] | Miss teen wordpower. | 词霸少女 |
[38:17] | How’d it go with Jason last night? | 昨晚跟杰森进展的怎样 |
[38:19] | Great. | 好极了 |
[38:22] | Is that an engagement ring? | 那是订婚戒指吗 |
[38:24] | Yeah. It’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 是啊 很漂亮 不是吗 |
[38:28] | What’s… what’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[38:29] | Why? You think it’s a bad idea? | 怎么了 你觉得这不好吗 |
[38:31] | – No, I-I didn’t say that. – What, you don’t like him? | -没有 我没那么说 -你不喜欢他吗 |
[38:33] | I don’t know him. I-I just know you. | 我不认识他 我只认识你 |
[38:35] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[38:36] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[38:38] | the Addy that I know, you know — | 我认识的那个艾迪 |
[38:39] | a-and I haven’t known you since 10th grade, | 当然我没有从10年级起就认识你了 |
[38:41] | but she wouldn’t say that she wasn’t sure | 但我认识的你 不会今天说不确定 |
[38:43] | about living with someone one day | 是否要跟某人同居 |
[38:44] | and then be engaged to him… the next. | 转天却又跟那人订了婚 |
[38:49] | Well… you don’t understand. | 好吧 你不理解 |
[38:51] | He needs me. | 他需要我 |
[38:52] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[38:54] | And if you were my friend, you would be happy for me. | 是朋友的话 你就该为我高兴 |
[38:58] | Then I’m happy for you. | 好吧 那我为你高兴 |
[38:59] | Good. | 很好 |
[39:00] | I’m happy for me,too. | 我也为自己高兴 |
[39:15] | I heard Judge Anderson changed her ruling. | 我听说安德森法官改变了她的判决 |
[39:17] | You got Kevin out of prison. | 你们把凯文弄出狱了 |
[39:18] | Yeah. Just wondering how that happened. | 对 真好奇怎么会这样 |
[39:21] | I have no earthly idea. | 我怎么知道 |
[39:25] | Do you happen to have that complaint I wrote? | 你碰巧看到我写的控告书了吗 |
[39:27] | No. I threw it in the garbage. | 没有 我把它扔垃圾桶了 |
[39:31] | Did I ever tell you about the time | 我告诉过你 |
[39:32] | I drove a truck into the lincoln tunnel? | 我开卡车进林肯隧道的事吗 |
[39:34] | No, but I’m guessing it’s coming. | 没 但我猜你就要讲了 |
[39:35] | The truck was too tall. | 那卡车太高了 |
[39:37] | It got stuck,and we couldn’t pull it out | 卡住了 又没法让它退出来 |
[39:39] | Because it would do too much damage to the tunnel. | 因为那样对隧道损伤太大 |
[39:42] | So, finally, this very wise old man says, | 最后 一位智慧的老者说 |
[39:46] | “Why don’t we let the air out of the tires?” | “为什么不把轮胎的气放了” |
[39:52] | “The truck will have room to pull out.” | “这样卡车就有足够的空间退出来了” |
[39:54] | That so did not happen. | 肯定是你瞎编的 |
[39:56] | Which does not undermine my central thesis. | 反正不会改变我的中庸之道 |
[39:58] | Sometimes the softer touch of experience is required. | 有时候我们需要以退为进 |
[40:07] | I’m proud of you. | 我以你为傲 |
[40:16] | Did you just steal my wallet? | 你偷了我的钱包吗 |
[40:18] | Never dis one of my stories again. | 别再小看我的故事了 |