时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | This is an investigation of Theranos, Inc. to determine whether | 这是针对析兰诺斯公司的调查 |
[00:04] | there have been violations of federal security laws. | 以确定该公司是否出现违反联邦安全法律行为 |
[00:06] | What if you could test your blood | 要是能够在家里 |
[00:08] | in your own home? | 自己验血 |
[00:10] | And what if it’s not a whole vial but just a drop? | 要是只需一滴血 而不是整瓶 |
[00:14] | I wanted to ask you if you would consider | 所以我请您二位考虑一下 |
[00:18] | investing my tuition money into the company. | 把我的学费用来投资公司 |
[00:21] | How would we pay for your tuition? | 那你的学费怎么办 |
[00:23] | Well, you won’t have to because I’m going to drop out. | 不用交了 我准备辍学 |
[00:28] | You’re not going to push me away again. | 你不要再推开我了 |
[00:31] | – I’m going to protect you. – I know. | -我会保护你 -我知道 |
[00:46] | Fix it, Daddy, fix it. | 帮我修好 爸爸 |
[00:49] | Fix it, Daddy, fix it! | 爸爸 快点帮我 |
[00:51] | Fix it, Daddy, fix it. Fix it, Daddy, fix it! | 修修修 爸爸 |
[00:56] | Just tell her you don’t have time to fix it. | 就跟她说你没时间 |
[00:58] | But you can fix anything. | 但你什么都会修 |
[01:00] | I’m gonna fix it, alright? | 我会修的 好吗 |
[01:03] | – Alright. Okay. – Okay. | -好了 -好的 |
[01:05] | What time are you gonna be home? | 你什么时候回家 |
[01:06] | I will, I’ll call you later, okay. | 我 我之后打给你 |
[01:08] | Bye. | 再见 |
[01:09] | – It’s not a regular day. – I’m coming. | -今天可不一般 -我来了 |
[01:11] | – It’s demo day. – Let’s go. | -今天是演示日 -我们走 |
[01:12] | Why do you run so weird. | 你跑起来怎么这么奇怪 |
[01:15] | I mean, I guess compared to other electrical engineers, | 可能和其他电气工程师比 |
[01:17] | you run totally normal. | 你跑得还算正常 |
[01:19] | At that time, | 那时候 |
[01:20] | we were trying to develop a working prototype. | 我们尝试开发一台可用的原型机 |
[01:25] | Who is “we”? | “我们”指谁 |
[01:27] | Edmond Ku, head of engineering, | 埃德蒙·顾 工程主管 |
[01:29] | and Rakesh Dewan. | 还有拉凯什·德万 |
[01:33] | Ian Gibbons, head of chemistry. | 伊恩·吉本斯 化学主管 |
[01:42] | I’m going to apply some pressure, Ian. | 我要多加点力 伊恩 |
[01:45] | That hurts? | 疼吗 |
[01:47] | Just a bit, yeah. | 有一点 |
[01:49] | He’s been in a lot of pain. | 他一直很痛苦 |
[01:50] | Only the foot. | 只是脚部 |
[01:52] | And who needs feet anyway? | 现在谁还需要脚 |
[01:53] | The pain in your feet is a late effect of the chemo. | 你脚部的疼痛是化疗的后遗症 |
[01:55] | It’s called hand-foot syndrome. | 这叫做手足症候群 |
[01:57] | The bad news is that it might not go away. | 坏消息是 这种症状可能不会消退 |
[02:02] | God fuckin’ hell. | 真他妈操蛋 |
[02:07] | Did you know that chemotherapy was discovered | 你知道发现化学疗法的人 |
[02:09] | when two sadistic pharmacologists | 是两个施虐狂药理学家 |
[02:13] | decided to inject mice with mustard gas? | 他们给老鼠注射芥子气时发现的 |
[02:17] | That’s a fun fact, honey. But we need to get you back to work. | 挺有意思的 亲爱的 该回去工作了 |
[02:21] | Yeah. It’s demo day. | 对 今天是演示日 |
[02:24] | They focused on, the prototype, | 他们专注于原型机 |
[02:28] | and my focus was I, I needed to bring in the money. | 而我需要募集资金 |
[03:44] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[03:46] | Can I get you some coffee? | 你要来点咖啡吗 |
[03:49] | – Yeah. – Can I just say | -好 -我想说 |
[03:51] | I’ve never had a boss who’s, like, a girl my age, | 我还从来没有过和我年龄相仿的老板 |
[03:53] | and it’s so fun. | 太有趣了 |
[03:55] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:59] | Coffee would be great. | 来杯咖啡就好了 |
[04:09] | What would you attempt to do | 如果知道决不能失败 |
[04:12] | if you knew you could not fail? | 你会如何行动 |
[04:14] | What would you attempt to do? | 你会如何行动 |
[04:15] | What would you… | 如果知道… |
[04:18] | attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? | 决不能失败 你会如何行动 |
[04:23] | They’re ready to demo now. | 他们准备好演示了 |
[04:25] | I would like to order | 我想要定制 |
[04:28] | a custom paperweight with some words on it. | 一个刻字的镇纸 |
[04:31] | Okay, what do you want it to say? | 好啊 你想刻什么 |
[04:34] | “What would you attempt to do… “ | “如果知道决不能失败… “ |
[04:36] | Last night we worked on carriage positioning and cartridge seal, | 昨天晚上我们研究了采血板定位和密封 |
[04:38] | then I replumbed the system. | 然后我重装了系统 |
[04:39] | Yeah, and we got rid of those well-dressed, but-so-sharp turns. | 我们去掉了一些好看但回转过大的弯道 |
[04:43] | Yeah, this one’s not as pretty. | 现在没那么好看 |
[04:44] | But it’s a gentler ride for our little blood cell friends. | 但血细胞能更容易通过 |
[04:47] | It’s incredible. | 这太棒了 |
[04:48] | It’s better than I imagined. | 这比我想象中还要好 |
[04:50] | We’re still testing the coding. | 我们还在测试代码 |
[04:52] | Edmond, you’re so good. | 埃德蒙 你太棒了 |
[04:53] | He’s the best. He’s not as good as me, | 他是最棒的 虽然没我厉害 |
[04:55] | – but he’s good. – No, no, no, no, no. | -但他还不错 -不不不 |
[04:58] | This is your vision, Elizabeth. | 是你的远见卓识 伊丽莎白 |
[05:00] | And it’s inspired everyone here. | 它鼓舞了在场的所有人 |
[05:04] | No. | 不 |
[05:05] | Guys, can I be really honest with you right now? | 我能和你们说实话吗 |
[05:08] | Every time look at it, I feel this tingle, | 每次看它的时候 我都感到一阵刺痛 |
[05:10] | but it’s just in my left butt cheek. | 但只有左侧臀部 |
[05:12] | It’s not in both. | 右侧不疼 |
[05:13] | So I’m just wondering why it’s just the left. | 我想知道为什么只有左边疼 |
[05:14] | Why are you talking about how your butt feels in front of Elizabeth. | 为什么要在伊丽莎白面前聊你的屁股 |
[05:16] | She doesn’t care. Do you care? | 她又无所谓 对吧 |
[05:17] | I think she cares right now. | 我觉得她有所谓 |
[05:19] | She was in college, like, yesterday. | 她昨天还在上大学呢 |
[05:21] | Are we ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[05:23] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[05:24] | Have I missed it? | 我错过什么了吗 |
[05:25] | Ian, we are just getting started. | 伊恩 我们正准备开始 |
[05:28] | Well, if you can make room for this handsome crippled man. | 麻烦给我这个英俊的瘸子留个位置 |
[05:32] | So… | 那么… |
[05:34] | Everyone, could you gather briefly. | 大家能都过来一下吗 |
[05:38] | Quickly. | 快一点 |
[05:53] | What would you attempt to do | 如果知道决不能失败 |
[05:55] | if you knew you could not fail? | 你会如何行动 |
[05:58] | I’d wrestle an alligator. | 我会和鳄鱼摔跤 |
[06:01] | Today, together, | 今天 我们团结一心 |
[06:04] | we are taking the first step | 迈出第一步 |
[06:06] | toward making healthcare accessible | 为了让医疗保健 |
[06:09] | to everyone in this country. | 惠及全国人民 |
[06:14] | That’s why we work so hard. | 所以我们才如此努力 |
[06:15] | Because this machine | 因为这台机器 |
[06:17] | and all of us | 以及我们所有人 |
[06:20] | are going to change the world. | 将会改变这个世界 |
[06:24] | Yeah, we are. | 是的 改变世界 |
[06:33] | it’s really just a demo, guys, so. | 这只是演示 所以 |
[06:36] | You know, we’ve been testing some blood for sepsis | 我们检测血液是否有败血症迹象 |
[06:38] | because that seems to be the most reliable test we have so far. | 这是我们目前最可靠的测试 |
[06:42] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[06:42] | Didn’t you just take the win? He’s so modest, right? | 你就不能说我们取得初步成功吗 太谦虚了 |
[06:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:56] | So I’m just going to add the small blood sample to this cartridge | 我要把少量血液样本放入采血板 |
[07:00] | and insert it into the prototype, | 然后插入原型机中 |
[07:02] | which will test it for sepsis. Here we go. | 检验败血症情况 好 |
[07:39] | Shit. | 靠 |
[07:44] | You know what? | 其实 |
[07:48] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[07:53] | Okay, I’ll, I’ll check the fuse box. | 我检查下保险丝盒 |
[07:56] | Hello, I’d like to pay a bill. | 你好 我想付一下账单 |
[07:59] | Could-could I actually put it on a different credit card? | 我能用另一张信用卡支付吗 |
[08:04] | You wanna know why you’re out of money, | 你想知道为什么资金链断了 |
[08:05] | because every one of those cartridges costs $200. | 因为每个采血板成本两百 |
[08:09] | Research at this scale is not cheap, | 这种规模的研究不便宜 |
[08:11] | and I told you that. | 我早跟你说过 |
[08:13] | I, I’ve already raised six million dollars | 我已经筹集了六百万了 |
[08:16] | from my parents and my family. | 从我的父母和家人 |
[08:18] | – And everybody that I know. – I’m sorry, but… | -到所有我认识的人 -抱歉… |
[08:20] | Wait, are those ants? | 等等 那是蚂蚁吗 |
[08:23] | Yeah. Miriam! | 是 米里亚姆 |
[08:25] | Are they back? | 又来了吗 |
[08:26] | – Yep. – Where are they? | -对 -在哪 |
[08:30] | You know the patents Ian is applying for, | 你知道伊恩在申请专利 |
[08:32] | so the next step… | 所以下一步… |
[08:35] | The next step is to bring in pharmaceutical companies, | 下一步就是找来制药公司 |
[08:37] | get them interested to the point where they will fund the research. | 让他们对研究感兴趣 然后提供资金支持 |
[08:42] | What happened with Novartis? | 和诺华谈得怎么样 |
[08:43] | Could we, could we open a window or something? | 我们 我们能开扇窗户吗 |
[08:45] | The windows don’t open. | 这窗户没法打开 |
[08:47] | Novartis won’t meet with me until I have a working prototype, | 拿不出可用的原型机 诺华不愿意跟我谈 |
[08:50] | and, and I can’t have a prototype that works | 而如果没有足够的钱做研究 |
[08:52] | unless we have enough money for research, | 我也做不出可用的原型机 |
[08:56] | which I cannot get | 如果想要这笔钱 |
[08:57] | until we have a contract with Novartis. | 我就得先和诺华签约 |
[08:59] | So it’s completely illogical. | 这就完全不合逻辑 |
[09:02] | That’s running a startup. | 创业就是这样的 |
[09:05] | Okay, they’re all dead. | 行了 都杀死了 |
[09:07] | – I’ll get your salad? – Yeah. Thank you. | -要沙拉吗 -好 谢谢 |
[09:11] | Are you sure you don’t know anybody who can invest a little bit more? | 你认不认识什么人能再投资一点吗 |
[09:15] | Me? No, no, no, no, no, no. | 问我吗 不不不 |
[09:17] | You need to start asking for money from people you don’t know. | 你要开始向那些你不认识的人借钱了 |
[09:20] | You need to go out to Sand Hill Road | 你得去到沙山路 |
[09:22] | and start bringing in venture capital firms. | 开始接触风投公司 |
[09:24] | You’ve got to learn how to sell this. | 你得学会如何推销 |
[09:27] | Here’s your salad. | 你的沙拉 |
[09:28] | Don’t, don’t eat that in here. | 不要在这吃 |
[09:30] | Why? I can’t, I can’t go outside. I have too much work to do. | 为什么 我不能出去 我还有很多活要干 |
[09:33] | This is why you have ants. | 所以这里才会有蚂蚁 |
[09:42] | I’ll take those. | 这些我拿走 |
[09:49] | So you have a boyfriend? | 你有男朋友吗 |
[09:52] | No. | 没有 |
[09:54] | That would be too much of a distraction. | 那太分散注意力了 |
[09:58] | – Hi, I just want to say that… – Hi, Edmond. | -你好 我只是想说… -你好 埃德蒙 |
[10:02] | Hey. | 你好 |
[10:05] | Don’t worry about the demo, Elizabeth, | 别担心演示的事 伊丽莎白 |
[10:06] | because we are going to get there. | 我们一定会成功的 |
[10:09] | We just, | 我们只是 |
[10:11] | need more time. | 需要多一点时间 |
[10:13] | No problem. I, I’m going to get you more time. | 没问题 我会给你们争取更多时间 |
[10:16] | I’m gonna… | 我会… |
[10:18] | I’m gonna find the money. | 我会拉到投资的 |
[10:20] | Okay, I’m sorry… | 好的 打扰了… |
[10:43] | This is the RDX Metabolic Profiler. | 这是RDX代谢分析仪 |
[10:46] | Using one drop of blood, | 只用一滴血 |
[10:49] | we can perform hundreds of tests. | 我们就能进行上百种检测 |
[10:52] | What is your background? | 你是什么背景 |
[10:53] | Are you a, PhD or medical doctor? | 博士还是医生 |
[10:57] | I dropped out of Stanford two years ago. | 我两年前从斯坦福辍学了 |
[11:00] | This next slide is… | 下一页幻灯片是… |
[11:03] | This next… | 这是… |
[11:12] | The blood goes into the cartridge and then, | 血液进入采血板 接着 |
[11:14] | it-it flows through different channels, | 它会流过不同的管道 |
[11:18] | – much like this picture… – Do we have any kiwis? | -就像这幅图描绘的… -有猕猴桃吗 |
[11:21] | If we don’t have any kiwis, I’ll take a star fruit. | 没有的话 给我一颗杨桃 |
[11:24] | You want one? | 你要吗 |
[11:25] | A st… a star fruit? | 杨… 杨桃吗 |
[11:27] | A kiwi. | 猕猴桃 |
[11:29] | I don’t think so. | 不用了 |
[11:31] | So, th-the… | 这… |
[11:38] | You slide the cartridge into the machine. | 把采血板插入机器 |
[11:40] | Yeah, you do. | 好 插进去 |
[11:42] | And the result is done in real time | 就能得到实时的结果 |
[11:46] | and then transmitted to our website. | 然后传到我们的网站上 |
[11:48] | Wait, you don’t use needles? | 等等 你们不用针吗 |
[11:50] | There’s a microneedle | 有微针 |
[11:52] | that extracts eight microliters of blood. | 可以提取八微升的血液 |
[11:55] | I don’t understand how you’re doing | 我不明白你要怎么 |
[11:56] | this extremely complex chemical engineering | 完成这种及其复杂的化学工程 |
[11:58] | with essentially a high school degree. | 可以说你只有高中学历 |
[12:03] | Do you have a working prototype? | 你有可用的原型机吗 |
[12:05] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[12:05] | Can you use the microneedle anywhere on your body? | 可以在身体任何部位用这个微针吗 |
[12:08] | – And I’m, I’m… – What’s your plans to scale this? | -我… -你的量产计划是什么 |
[12:12] | Currently, we have none. | 我们目前还没有计划量产 |
[12:14] | So you haven’t even met with any pharmaceutical companies yet? | 所以你还没和任何医药公司会面 |
[12:17] | Fuck! | 操 |
[12:18] | It’s not for us. | 这不是我们想要的 |
[12:19] | It’s a pass. | 不可行 |
[12:21] | It’s gonna be a pass for us. | 我们不需要 |
[12:34] | Do it. Do it right now. | 上就对了 就现在 |
[13:08] | Don Lucas’ office. | 唐·卢卡斯办公室 |
[13:11] | One moment. | 稍等 |
[13:14] | Larry Ellison for you. | 为您接通拉里·埃里森 |
[13:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:18] | I’ll tell her. | 我会转告她 |
[13:24] | Ms. Holmes, | 霍姆斯女士 |
[13:26] | Don just had something pressing come up. | 唐有些急事 |
[13:28] | I’m afraid he’s going to have to reschedule. | 恐怕得改天了 |
[13:30] | No. | 不 |
[13:32] | You don’t want to reschedule? | 你不想改期吗 |
[13:33] | No, I… you can’t just cancel an appointment. | 不 我… 你不能就这样取消预约 |
[13:36] | I’m, I’m here already, | 我… 我已经到这里了 |
[13:38] | and our, our company’s doing something really important. | 我们的公司正在做非常重要的项目 |
[13:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:43] | And Channing Robertson, who’s the head | 还有钱宁·罗伯森 斯坦福大学 |
[13:45] | of chemical engineering at Stanford, is on our board. | 化学工程系主任也在我们董事会 |
[13:48] | He’s… he’s on our board. | 他… 他和我们一起 |
[13:51] | We are a real company. | 我们不是什么造假的公司 |
[13:53] | And I had an appointment. | 而且我约好了的 |
[13:57] | Are you alright? | 你还好吗 |
[13:58] | Can-can I get you a cup of coffee? | 我… 我帮你拿杯咖啡吧 |
[14:01] | Would you just tell Don Lucas that he has lost | 你能转告唐·卢卡斯吗 |
[14:04] | a chance to disrupt a $7 billion blood-testing industry? | 他错过了颠覆70亿血检行业的机会 |
[14:11] | Could you tell him that? | 你能这么告诉他吗 |
[14:14] | – I’ll be sure to tell him that. – Thank you. | -我一定会转告他的 -谢谢 |
[14:28] | Would it be possible to leave some materials? | 我可以留下一些资料吗 |
[14:45] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么也看不到 |
[14:46] | Patience, my friend. | 耐心点 朋友 |
[14:49] | Now. | 好了 |
[14:53] | Chemiluminescence. | 化学荧光 |
[14:55] | Light… | 光… |
[14:57] | which is generated without the creation of heat. | 不用制热就能发光 |
[15:00] | We call it cold light. | 我们称之为冷光 |
[15:03] | Chemiluminescence. | 化学荧光 |
[15:04] | It’s how fireflies emit light in the dark. | 这就是萤火虫在黑暗中发光的原理 |
[15:07] | Also those glowsticks that, um, teenagers on drugs like. | 还有那些嗑药的青少年喜欢的荧光棒 |
[15:12] | And, we’re using it for light-based assays. | 我们也会利用光来做检测 |
[15:16] | For example, liver function. | 比方说 肝功能 |
[15:19] | So, if we are testing for liver function, | 假设我们在测试肝功能 |
[15:22] | what would you see? | 你会看到什么 |
[15:23] | What would happen? | 会出现什么 |
[15:25] | Chemiluminescent immunoassays will make | 化学荧光的免疫分析使 |
[15:28] | liver enzymes from the blood compete with a… | 血液中的肝酶和… |
[15:32] | – Luminol-bound… – Luminol-bound synthetic form, | -鲁米诺… -鲁米诺的合成体发生反应 |
[15:37] | to bind to the chip | 附着在芯片上 |
[15:38] | so if we measure how brightly the sample glows, | 所以如果我们能检测样本发光程度 |
[15:41] | then we can determine how, how well the liver is functioning. | 就能确定肝功能 |
[15:45] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:47] | Fortunately, um, human beings are not transparent, | 很幸运 人体不是透明的 |
[15:51] | and we absorb light. | 我们会吸收光 |
[15:53] | So our job, our job is to, | 所以我们的工作是 |
[15:55] | is to make the blood glow | 让血液发光 |
[15:57] | so that it reveals the body’s secrets to us. | 这样就能向我们揭示人体的奥秘 |
[16:04] | Listen, don’t, don’t worry, you’ll find an investor. | 别担心 你会找到投资人的 |
[16:09] | Yeah, of course the succubi at Sand Hill Road didn’t like you, | 沙山路的那些恶霸不喜欢你很正常 |
[16:12] | but, they, they want everything done fast, | 他们希望一切高速运作 |
[16:17] | and science is maddeningly slow. | 而科学是无比缓慢的 |
[16:21] | They don’t know the first thing about biochemistry. | 他们压根不了解生物化学 |
[16:26] | I don’t either. | 我也不了解 |
[16:28] | I don’t know what I’m talking about. | 我根本不知道自己在说什么 |
[16:32] | I’m not a chemist so I, I need… | 我不是化学家 所以我需要… |
[16:34] | I don’t have ex-experience. | 我… 我没有经验 |
[16:36] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[16:38] | You’re not a chemist, but, but I said yes. | 你虽然不是化学家 但我答应你了 |
[16:40] | You, you asked me to work here, and I said yes. | 你请我在这里工作 我答应了 |
[16:43] | Because you’re friends with Channing. | 因为你是钱宁的朋友 |
[16:44] | No! No. | 不 不 |
[16:46] | Because… I-I’d been poked with needles | 因为… 我患癌症的那段时间 |
[16:50] | every other day when I had cancer. | 每隔一天就要被针扎 |
[16:52] | And-and-and when I was at my lowest, I felt, | 我最低谷的时候 我觉得… |
[16:55] | I felt like a specimen. | 自己就像是个样本 |
[16:56] | Like-like a, like a lab rat, you know? | 像只小白鼠 你知道吗 |
[17:00] | And we can do something | 而我们可以做些什么 |
[17:04] | to make that better. | 去改变这一切 |
[17:07] | I, I knew you were young when I agreed to come and work here, | 我答应来这工作时 我知道你很年轻 |
[17:09] | but you had a… You had a vision, | 但你… 你很有远见 |
[17:14] | and you’re a bit, | 你还有点 |
[17:17] | you’re a bit chemiluminescent, aren’t you? | 你像化学荧光一样 不是吗 |
[17:20] | You possess that rare gift | 你有一种独特的天赋 |
[17:21] | of creating light from within. | 从内而外地散发光芒 |
[17:25] | So you’ll light all of us up and show us what we’re made of. | 你会点亮我们所有人 向世人展示我们的光芒 |
[17:31] | Although, just out of curiosity, | 不过 好奇问一句 |
[17:34] | when will we run out of money? | 我们的钱什么时候会花完 |
[17:36] | Just so I know so when to, you know, run off to find another job | 我只是想知道… 什么时候得去找份新工作 |
[17:40] | for the health insurance, | 来交医保 |
[17:42] | because I do have this tendency to occasionally get cancer, you know. | 你知道的 我的癌症时不时会复发 |
[17:46] | We’re just fine. | 我们没问题 |
[17:51] | Hello. Who are you? | 你好 你是谁 |
[17:53] | Ian, this is my friend. | 伊恩 这是我朋友 |
[17:54] | He, he actually is here to, to pick something up. | 他是来这里拿些东西的 |
[17:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:00] | Have a good night. | 晚安 |
[18:01] | Night. | 晚安 |
[18:04] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:15] | I had a bad day. | 我今天过得很糟糕 |
[18:16] | I know. Fuck them all. | 我知道 去他们的 |
[18:19] | Fuck everyone. | 见鬼去吧 |
[18:25] | Did you hear that? | 你听到什么声音了吗 |
[18:27] | I think someone’s out there. | 我觉得有人在外面 |
[18:39] | There’s no one there. | 外面没有人 |
[18:41] | I thought I heard somebody. | 我听到有动静 |
[18:44] | I’m a secret. | 我见不得人吗 |
[18:46] | Just at work. | 公司的人不知道你 |
[18:48] | I told my parents about you. | 我跟我父母提到过你 |
[18:51] | I like being a secret. | 我喜欢偷偷摸摸的 |
[18:54] | – Really? – Just don’t keep secrets from me. | -真的吗 -只要你别有事瞒着我 |
[19:00] | I don’t want to have to explain this to anyone. | 我不想向其他人解释太多 |
[19:04] | Can I fit in there? | 我能进去吗 |
[19:35] | Elizabeth, Don Lucas is here. | 伊丽莎白 唐·卢卡斯来了 |
[19:38] | What? | 什么 |
[19:39] | He’s downstairs. He’s just standing there in a cowboy hat. | 他在楼下 他戴着一顶牛仔帽站在那 |
[19:41] | What do you mean he’s just standing there? | 他站在那是什么意思 |
[19:44] | Stall him. The box is in pieces. Tell the engineers. | 拖住他 模型还没组装 快告诉工程人员 |
[19:47] | Got it. | 明白 |
[19:56] | Hello, Don. | 唐 你好 |
[19:58] | Elizabeth Holmes. | 我是伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[20:01] | We were not expecting you. | 我们没想到你会来 |
[20:03] | Well, I didn’t want to miss my opportunity | 我不想错过这个机会 |
[20:05] | to disrupt a $7 billion industry. | 颠覆70亿美元的行业 |
[20:07] | You heard that. Okay. | 你听到那句话了 |
[20:10] | Look, I got 15 minutes. | 我有15分钟 |
[20:12] | – Where’s this prototype of yours? – Perfect. | -你的原型机呢 -完美 |
[20:15] | Well, welcome to Theranos. | 欢迎来到析兰诺斯 |
[20:18] | The name is a mix between “Therapy” and “Diagnosis.” | 公司名字融合了”治疗”和”诊断” |
[20:22] | Just show me the tech. | 直接给我看技术 |
[20:24] | Right. Okay. | 好的 可以 |
[20:32] | Do you think you can get it there? | 你认为我们能成功吗 |
[20:34] | – I don’t… Okay. – How is this gonna work? | -我不… 好的 -这要怎么做 |
[20:36] | We’re gonna remove it altogether. | 我们要把它全部删除 |
[20:37] | What are you talking about? How… | 你在说什么 要怎么… |
[20:39] | This is our brainstorming room | 这是我们头脑风暴的房间 |
[20:42] | where we let our brains run free. | 在这里 我们自由地思考 |
[20:46] | I’ve got ten minutes left. | 还有十分钟 |
[20:48] | We need more table space. | 我们需要腾出更多空间 |
[20:49] | – Rakesh, can you get the… – Yeah. | -拉凯什 你能把那个… -好的 |
[20:50] | Okay, get the cartridges. | 好的 把采血板拿来 |
[20:52] | Come on, man. | 拜托 老兄 |
[20:54] | Shit, shit. Sorry. | 该死 抱歉 |
[20:56] | Fuck. My god, it’s blood. My god, my god. | 我靠 都是血 |
[20:58] | Hey, hey, hey, do we know did this get tested for hepatitis, HIV? | 这些血样检测过肝炎和艾滋病毒吗 |
[21:03] | Somebody fucking speak! | 你们他妈的说句话啊 |
[21:04] | I need a new shirt. | 我需要一件衣服 |
[21:05] | Don’t talk to me! Don’t talk to me! | 不要和我说话 别和我说话 |
[21:07] | Guys, let’s clean this up, come on. | 快点 咱们把这里打扫干净 |
[21:09] | Let’s go, let’s go. Clean this up. | 快点快点 把这里清干净 |
[21:23] | You want to follow me this way? | 请跟我来 |
[21:30] | It’s a bit of a maze in here. | 这里像个迷宫 |
[21:34] | – Herschel, give me your shirt. – Is he here already? | -赫舍尔 衣服给我 -他到了吗 |
[21:40] | And here we are. | 我们到了 |
[21:42] | This is where the magic happens. | 这就是奇迹发生的地方 |
[21:48] | So, if you want to follow me over here, | 请跟我来这里 |
[21:51] | I could show you… | 这就是… |
[21:55] | I could show you the RDX Metabolic Profiler. | 这就是RDX代谢分析仪 |
[22:00] | The RDX Meta-what? | RDX 什么 |
[22:01] | The, the RDX Metabolic Profiler. | RDX代谢分析仪 |
[22:05] | Well, you’re going to need a new name. | 好吧 你最好取个新名字 |
[22:08] | Fire it up. Let’s see what it does. | 开机 看看它是怎么工作的 |
[22:15] | You know what, Don… | 你知道吗 唐… |
[22:18] | We’re not ready to show it, | 我们还没做好展示的准备 |
[22:19] | but I can give you some more information… | 但我可以提供一些别的资料… |
[22:21] | You know, I, | 我 |
[22:23] | I, I go by my gut on these sort of things. | 我在这类事情上 依靠的是直觉 |
[22:29] | Yeah, well, | 好吧 |
[22:31] | thanks for the tour. | 感谢你带我参观 |
[22:37] | Don. | 唐 |
[22:40] | The blood-testing industry is run by two companies: | 血检行业现在由两家公司统治 |
[22:44] | Quest and Labcorp. | 探索诊断公司和实验室控股公司 |
[22:47] | And they are dinosaurs. | 他们早就过时了 |
[22:48] | The tech is ancient. | 他们的技术陈旧 |
[22:49] | These machines that are currently in use are archaic. | 使用的机器都是些老古董 |
[22:53] | These billion-dollar companies expect us | 这些市值上亿的企业希望我们 |
[22:55] | to let them stick us with needles | 被他们的针头困住 |
[22:57] | and then pay for their expensive tests. | 为检测支付高额费用 |
[23:00] | No. This is America. We’re cowboys, right? | 不 这里是美国 我们都有牛仔精神 |
[23:03] | We should be in control of our own healthcare. | 我们应该掌控自己的医疗健康 |
[23:06] | You were in the army, and thank you for your service. | 你曾经参军 感谢你保家卫国 |
[23:08] | Could you imagine | 请你想象 |
[23:10] | a portable blood-testing device on the battlefield? | 一台能带上战场的便携式血检仪器 |
[23:14] | The American lives that could be saved. | 能拯救多少美国人的生命啊 |
[23:18] | Don… | 唐… |
[23:20] | if all you wanted to do is make money, you’d be on Wall Street, | 如果你只是想赚钱 你会去华尔街 |
[23:22] | not in Palo Alto. | 而不是在帕洛阿托 |
[23:24] | And when Larry Ellison came to you | 当拉里·埃里森来找你 |
[23:26] | with his vision for how Oracle could organize data, | 表达他对甲骨文数据整理能力的展望 |
[23:29] | you didn’t tell him he was crazy. | 你没有对他说 你疯了 |
[23:30] | You said, “How much do you need?” | 你说的是”你需要多少钱” |
[23:35] | If you believe in us, everyone else will. | 如果你相信我们 别人也会的 |
[23:42] | Whatever you’re doing tomorrow, cancel it. | 不管你明天什么安排 取消它 |
[23:44] | I want you to meet Larry Ellison. | 我想让你见拉里·埃里森 |
[24:09] | When are you going to move in? | 你什么时候搬进来 |
[24:12] | – It depends. – On what? | -看情况 -看什么情况 |
[24:15] | On how it goes today with my parents. | 看今天和我父母相处得如何 |
[24:18] | Yes, I’m every parent’s dream. | 我是所有父母的梦想女婿 |
[24:21] | – Is that your new sword? – Katana! | -这是你的新剑吗 -武士刀 |
[24:25] | Look at it. | 看看它 |
[24:26] | It’s fucking ancient. | 非常古老 |
[24:29] | Ask Larry Ellison about katanas. He loves Japan. | 和拉里·埃里森聊聊武士刀 他很喜欢日本 |
[24:34] | How are you on the numbers? | 你现在感觉如何 |
[24:37] | Most blood tests are priced too high. | 大多数血检费用都过于昂贵 |
[24:40] | We offer a low-cost alternative with the possibility to scale up. | 我们提供一种低成本可量产的替代 |
[24:44] | Don’t talk about saving the world. | 不要讲拯救世界之类的话 |
[24:46] | I’m not gonna talk about saving the world. | 我没打算讲拯救世界 |
[24:48] | Don’t use your giddy voice. | 声音不要太激动 |
[24:50] | Don’t say “awesome”. | 别说”太牛了” |
[24:54] | You’re beautiful. | 你真美 |
[24:59] | But you don’t want to be too beautiful. | 但也别打扮得过于美丽 |
[25:02] | They won’t take you seriously. | 那样他们不会认真对待你 |
[25:05] | I’ll meet you at the restaurant. | 我们在餐厅见 |
[25:08] | Hi. We just landed. | 我们刚落地 |
[25:10] | Here’s your father. He’s dying to talk to you. | 你父亲迫不及待要和你说话 |
[25:13] | – Elizabeth. – How was the flight? | -伊丽莎白 -这次飞行如何 |
[25:16] | Fine. | 挺好的 |
[25:17] | What time are you meeting with Larry Ellison? | 你什么时候见拉里·埃里森 |
[25:18] | And have you worked on your pitch? | 你有认真推敲你的说辞吗 |
[25:20] | Now. And yeah. | 现在就见 我推敲了 |
[25:23] | Ask her if she’s still meeting us at the restaurant. | 问问她还去不去餐厅和我们见面 |
[25:25] | I don’t want to meet this boyfriend without her. | 我不希望只见到她男友 |
[25:27] | If he gets there first, how do we know it’s him. | 如果他先到了 我们怎么认出他 |
[25:30] | He’s mid-30s. Pakistani. | 他三十多岁 巴基斯坦人 |
[25:34] | Is Dad okay? | 爸还好吗 |
[25:35] | I asked to reschedule, | 我本想换个时间 |
[25:36] | but his doctor said he was okay to travel. | 但医生说他可以去旅行 |
[25:39] | I had routine outpatient surgery weeks ago. | 我几周前做了个常规的门诊手术 |
[25:41] | I’m fine. | 没事的 |
[25:42] | It’ll be an hour tops, okay. Bye. Bye. | 我这儿最多一个小时 好 再见 |
[25:45] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[25:49] | I’m Larry. | 我是拉里 |
[25:50] | Larry, hi. | 拉里 你好 |
[25:53] | I’m Elizabeth Holmes, founder and CEO of Theranos. | 我是伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 析兰诺斯创始人兼总裁 |
[25:56] | No one told you we were going on a boat? | 没人告诉你我们要登船吧 |
[26:00] | Come on, I’ll help you up. | 来吧 我拉你上来 |
[26:04] | Watch your step. | 小心台阶 |
[26:07] | Sunny. Hi, | 桑尼 |
[26:09] | I’m on his boat. | 我在他的船上 |
[26:11] | And I-I don’t know how long I’m gonna be on the boat. | 而且我不知道要在船上待多久 |
[26:13] | – That’s great! – Can you hear me? | -好极了 -你能听到吗 |
[26:17] | -Sunny? -Elizabeth. | -桑尼 -伊丽莎白 |
[26:21] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[26:24] | It’s awesome. | 太牛了 |
[26:25] | To be honest with you, | 说实话 |
[26:27] | I don’t know that much about boats. | 我对船不太了解 |
[26:29] | I didn’t know shit about boats. I just started buying ’em. | 我当年也一窍不通 只是想买就买了 |
[26:32] | Now I race in the America’s Cup. | 现在我能参加美洲杯帆船赛 |
[26:34] | I wanted to be a leader in tech, I became a leader. | 我想要成为技术领袖 所以我成为了领袖 |
[26:37] | Are you a leader? | 你是领袖吗 |
[26:40] | I think so. Yeah. | 我想是的 没错 |
[26:41] | You want a husband? Kids? ‘Cause that’s gonna slow you down. | 你想要丈夫和孩子吗 他们会拖累你 |
[26:44] | You have a wife and kids. | 你也有妻子和孩子 |
[26:46] | Seriously? Come on. | 拜托 你认真的吗 |
[26:51] | Have you heard of Satori? | 你听说过”三托历”吗 |
[26:52] | Watch out. Larry loves to talk about all this Japanese stuff. | 小心点 拉里喜欢讲这些日本的东西 |
[26:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[26:56] | I got the biggest tea garden in North America. | 我有北美洲最大的茶园 |
[26:59] | Brought the structures in from Japan and added about 500 trees, | 从日本引入的建筑 种了五百多棵树 |
[27:02] | but, but… Satori | 但是… 三托历 |
[27:05] | is Buddhist enlightenment. | 是佛学的开悟 |
[27:08] | It’s that moment where you can look inside yourself and know | 在那个瞬间你才能看清自己的内心 |
[27:11] | just who you are. | 认清你是谁 |
[27:13] | Have you experienced Satori? | 你经历过三托历吗 |
[27:16] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[27:19] | You wanna see something cool? | 你想看些很酷的东西吗 |
[27:30] | Now this is where you really feel like you’re on a boat. | 在这里 你才能真正感觉到在一艘船上 |
[27:34] | So what I’d really like to talk to you about is | 我非常想和你聊聊 |
[27:36] | the $7 billion blood-testing industry. | 市值70亿美元的血检行业 |
[27:39] | Yeah, Don took me through it. | 是的 唐和我说过 |
[27:40] | But let me ask you again: | 但是 让我再问你一次 |
[27:43] | Are you a leader? | 你是位领袖吗 |
[27:44] | Because if you want this, you really have to dedicate yourself to it. | 因为如果你想要成功 需要全身心投入其中 |
[27:48] | You have to be aggressive, start firing people. | 你必须变得好强狠厉 开始开除员工 |
[27:51] | Have you, have you fired anybody yet? | 你开除过员工吗 |
[27:53] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[27:54] | Well, then you gotta fight. | 那你得开始战斗了 |
[27:55] | That’s what it takes to be a CEO. | 这是成为总裁的必经之路 |
[27:57] | That’s what it takes to run a billion-dollar company. | 是经营亿级美元公司的必经之路 |
[28:00] | – Is that what you really want? – Yes. | -这是你内心渴望的吗 -是的 |
[28:03] | Good! Then let’s stop fuckin’ around! | 好 那就别四处乱逛了 |
[28:04] | What are you willing to do to get it? | 为了实现它你愿意做什么 |
[28:06] | We’re working on a prototype, | 我们在研究原型机 |
[28:08] | and we’re hoping to get a meeting with a pharma company, like Novartis. | 我们希望和诺华这样的制药公司洽谈 |
[28:11] | And what’s stopping you? | 那什么阻止了你 |
[28:13] | I’m having a hard time getting them to talk to me. | 让他们和我谈话并不容易 |
[28:16] | Then you gotta hustle. | 那你就来硬的 |
[28:17] | Oracle’s first contract. Do you remember? | 甲骨文的第一份合同 记得吗 |
[28:19] | Yeah. The software was still a mess. | 记得 软件还是一团糟 |
[28:22] | You know what I said? | 你知道我说了什么吗 |
[28:24] | I said… nothing. | 我… 什么也没说 |
[28:27] | Nothing. | 什么都没说 |
[28:28] | GTFM. | 搞他妈的 |
[28:29] | Get the fuckin’ money. | 搞到钱了 |
[28:30] | Get the fuckin’ money. | 搞到钱了 |
[28:32] | Do you get the fuckin’ money? | 你搞到钱了吗 |
[28:35] | I… I get the fuckin’ money. Yeah. | 我… 我搞到钱了 对 |
[28:38] | The show me. Show me! | 给我看看 给我看看 |
[28:41] | I get the fuckin’ money. | 我搞到钱了 |
[28:42] | I… I… I get the fuckin’ money! | 我… 我搞到钱了 |
[28:45] | – Get the fuckin’ money. – I get the fuckin’ money! | -搞到钱了 -我搞到钱了 |
[28:47] | Get the fuckin’ money! GTFM! | 钱搞到手了 |
[28:48] | – I get the fuckin’ money. – Get the fuckin’ money. | -我搞到钱了 -钱搞到手了 |
[28:52] | – Get the fuckin’ money! – GTFM! | -钱搞到手了 -搞他妈的 |
[28:54] | Get the fuckin’ money! | 我搞到钱了 |
[28:56] | Get the money! | 搞到钱 |
[28:58] | – Get it. Get the fuckin’ money. – I get the fuckin’ money. | -搞到钱了 -我搞到钱了 |
[28:59] | Get the fuckin’ money. | 搞到钱了 |
[29:04] | I hope you didn’t need that. | 希望你不需要那个 |
[29:07] | If I get you a meeting at Novartis | 如果我能让你和诺华洽谈 |
[29:10] | and you’re able to demo the prototype… | 你能演示原型机吗… |
[29:13] | then I’m in. | 那我也入伙 |
[29:15] | Then you’re in? | 你要入伙 |
[29:16] | Then you got Don Lucas and me. | 唐·卢卡斯和我都入伙了 |
[29:17] | Hey, you want something to drink? | 你想喝点什么 |
[29:19] | Champagne, beer, green tea? | 香槟 啤酒 绿茶 |
[29:26] | My mom’s called, like, three times. | 我妈的电话 打了三次 |
[29:28] | – I… can I get this? – You’re serious? | -我… 能接吗 -你认真的吗 |
[29:32] | – Elizabeth? We’re at the hospital. – Mom? | -伊丽莎白 我们在医院 -妈 |
[29:41] | You’re here. | 你来了 |
[29:43] | Everything is fine. | 一切都好 |
[29:45] | He collapsed in the restaurant. | 他在餐厅晕倒了 |
[29:48] | It was just a complication from his surgery. | 是手术的并发症 |
[29:50] | He went to triage, and no one was helping us. | 他去了分诊台 没人帮我们 |
[29:53] | And then… Sunny just took care of all of it. | 然后… 是桑尼忙上忙下 |
[29:57] | He called the hospital, and they put us | 他给医院打电话 然后让我们 |
[30:01] | in here, in the VIP room. | 住进了贵宾病房 |
[30:04] | He just took care of all of it. | 都是多亏了他 |
[30:06] | Come on, it was easy. | 没事 不算什么 |
[30:09] | I’m gonna see if they have snacks. | 我看看他们有没有小吃 |
[30:12] | I wasn’t going to let anything happen to him. | 我不会让他出任何事的 |
[30:16] | – Thank you. – Elizabeth? | -谢谢 -伊丽莎白 |
[30:20] | Hi, Dad. | 爸 |
[30:22] | I’m so sorry I wasn’t here. | 抱歉我来晚了 |
[30:25] | Why did you leave the boat? | 你为什么离开那艘船 |
[30:29] | What do you mean? I, I… | 什么意思 我… |
[30:31] | I wanted to see you. I wanted to be here. | 我想看看你 我想来这 |
[30:33] | You shouldn’t have left. | 你不应该离开的 |
[30:35] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该来这 |
[30:37] | You have work to do. | 你有工作要做 |
[30:39] | I-I… I just wanted to, to make sure you were okay. | 我… 我就是想确定你没事 |
[30:43] | Are you hearing me? | 你听见我说话了吗 |
[30:45] | It’s all of your tuition money. | 你的学费都投进去了 |
[30:49] | Go back to work. | 回去工作 |
[30:54] | Go. | 快去 |
[31:11] | Go. I’ve got this. | 去吧 这有我呢 |
[31:30] | ♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪ |
[31:34] | ♪ Happy Birthday ♪ | ♪ 生日快乐 ♪ |
[31:36] | – Giant pussy. -Alright, alright. | -娘炮 -行了 行了 |
[31:39] | ♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪ | ♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪ |
[31:42] | Why is no one working? | 为什么没人在工作 |
[31:49] | Edmond, may I speak with you? | 埃德蒙 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[31:51] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[31:55] | You can blow them out. | 你先吹蜡烛吧 |
[32:09] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[32:12] | Can the prototype do the sepsis test? | 原型机能做败血症测试吗 |
[32:14] | No. | 不行 |
[32:15] | We’re still pretty far away. | 距离目标还很远 |
[32:17] | Well, why, why is… Why isn’t everyone working? | 那为什么… 没人在工作 |
[32:20] | We’re just taking a break. | 我们就是休息一下 |
[32:22] | You know we routinely put in 12-hour days. | 我们几乎每天工作12小时 |
[32:24] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[32:26] | That… | 那个… |
[32:28] | That’s, that’s for my daughter. She… | 那是我女儿的 她… |
[32:31] | It was broken, so I was just tinkering with it at lunchtime. | 它坏了 所以我利用午休时间修一下 |
[32:34] | Your daughter plays with that? | 你女儿玩这个 |
[32:37] | What, what does she do with it? | 她怎么玩的 |
[32:39] | She bakes things. | 她烤东西 |
[32:41] | Why doesn’t she use a real oven? | 她怎么不用烤箱 |
[32:46] | Because real ovens are dangerous for kids. | 因为烤箱对孩子很危险 |
[32:51] | Larry Ellison is getting us a meeting at Novartis. | 拉里·埃里森会安排我们和诺华见面 |
[32:55] | And you need to run your team 24 hours a day in shifts, | 你需要安排你的团队每天24小时轮流工作 |
[32:57] | and work does not stop until we run a successful test. | 直到试验成功为止 |
[33:00] | You want me to ask people to work 24 hours a day? | 你想让我的人24小时工作 |
[33:03] | Elizabeth, they have families, they have lives. | 伊丽莎白 他们有家人 有生活 |
[33:06] | They’ll-they’ll-they’ll burn out, they’ll quit. | 他们会崩溃 会辞职的 |
[33:07] | But people are replaceable. I… | 但人是可以换的 我… |
[33:10] | If you can’t do this, I’m-I’m gonna start firing people. | 如果你做不了 我… 就要重新雇人了 |
[33:15] | And get that out of here. | 把那东西拿走 |
[33:18] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[33:26] | 如果知道决不能失败 你会如何行动 | |
[33:32] | Miriam. | 米里亚姆 |
[33:34] | I know, it looks weird. | 我知道 看着很奇怪 |
[33:36] | The paperweight place said it was too many words. I asked… | 卖镇纸的说字数太多了 我问… |
[33:38] | It’s Edmond Ku’s birthday today. | 今天是埃德蒙·顾的生日 |
[33:41] | Let’s arrange to get him something, | 你安排一下 送他点东西 |
[33:44] | a gift, like something… nice. | 礼物… 什么的 |
[33:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:48] | I don’t know what people like. | 我不知道人们喜欢什么 |
[33:53] | He has a daughter. | 她有个女儿 |
[33:54] | Okay. No problem. | 好 没问题 |
[34:15] | That was an original piece. | 那是原型机 |
[34:18] | Dude, you’re so pale right now. | 老兄 你脸色好苍白 |
[34:21] | I mean, you’re gray. You’re, you’re ashen. | 简直是灰白 铁青 |
[34:25] | You look like a powdered donut. | 你就像个裹满糖霜的甜甜圈 |
[34:27] | Look in the mirror. | 照照镜子 |
[34:30] | – You can go home, Rakesh. – You go home. | -你可以回家了 拉凯什 -你才回家 |
[34:31] | I’m not going home until we figure out why the blood keeps clotting. | 不找出来一直凝血的原因 我是不会回家的 |
[34:39] | Well, let’s try this. | 试试这个 |
[34:41] | I put on a new coating. | 我换了新涂层 |
[34:42] | It won’t work, but at least it will tell us where we are. | 可能没用 至少能知道到什么程度了 |
[34:46] | Okay. | 好了 |
[35:07] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[35:09] | Brother, I, I got a reading. The test came back. | 老兄 有读数了 返回结果了 |
[35:12] | -Shut up. -I don’t have sepsis. | -别骗我 -我没有败血症 |
[35:15] | Holy shit. I-I don’t have sepsis. It works. | 天啊 我没有败血症 成功了 |
[35:18] | As long as the room doesn’t get below 68 or above 77 degrees. | 只要房间温度在20度到25度之间就行 |
[35:21] | I gotta fucking hug you. | 我要狠狠抱你一下 |
[35:22] | Okay, okay, okay, okay. No, no. | 好了 好了 别闹 |
[35:25] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[35:26] | Yes! I am going on a business trip. | 太好了 我要公费出游了 |
[35:29] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[35:31] | Seriously, this is… huge. | 说真的 这太… 了不起了 |
[35:34] | This is Google, this is Yahoo but… | 谷歌 雅虎那种等级的… |
[35:35] | Wait, no, no, no, this is better. | 等等 不 这个更棒 |
[35:36] | This is, this is going to help people. | 这可以帮助人们 |
[35:39] | I wish we had time to run more trials. | 希望我们有时间多做几个试验 |
[35:40] | Can you unclench? | 你能放松点吗 |
[35:42] | Unclench! I love you! | 放松 我爱你 |
[35:43] | – Say it back. – I love you, Rakesh. | -你也跟我说呀 -我爱你 拉凯什 |
[35:45] | I love you too. Oh my god! | 我也爱你 天啊 |
[35:48] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[35:49] | – Let’s go wake them up. – Okay. Okay. | -我们叫他们起来 -好 好 |
[35:55] | Guess what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[35:57] | – What? – We, we, we have sepsis. | -怎么 -败血症成功了 |
[36:00] | We-we do. We have, we have sepsis. | 我们成功了 败血症成功了 |
[36:04] | We have sepsis? | 败血症成功了 |
[36:06] | We have sepsis. | 败血症成功了 |
[36:08] | We have sepsis. | 败血症成功了 |
[36:12] | We have sepsis! We have sepsis! | 败血症成功了 |
[36:16] | We have sepsis. | 败血症成功了 |
[37:04] | 明天和诺华的 会面加油 \h 唐·卢卡斯 | |
[37:10] | Hi. Sorry, we, we have a problem. | 抱歉 有个问题 |
[37:25] | It’s been consistent? | 一直这样吗 |
[37:27] | Every time. | 每次都是 |
[37:31] | Girls, girls, girls, girls, wait for us, wait for us. | 宝贝们 等等我们 |
[37:41] | – Just one second. – Edmond! | -等一下 -埃德蒙 |
[37:41] | One second, one second, one-one second, one second, one second. | 等一下 等一下就好 |
[37:44] | Girls, girls, don’t go too far. | 宝贝们 别走远了 |
[37:48] | Yep. | 好 |
[37:48] | We just keep getting error messages. | 机器一直在报错 |
[37:49] | – Your prototype’s not working. – We need your help, Edmond. | -你的原型机不好使了 -我们需要你的帮助 埃德蒙 |
[37:51] | I don’t know why, something must have happened… | 我不知道为什么 肯定哪里不对… |
[37:54] | I’m sorry. I’m going to be right behind you. | 抱歉 我马上追上你们 |
[37:58] | We only have the sales team here. | 我们这只有销售团队 |
[38:00] | – Fuck. – Okay… | -操 -好的… |
[38:02] | we got to recalibrate it so… | 我们得重新校准一下… |
[38:03] | We need someone’s blood. | 来个人抽血 |
[38:04] | You. | 你 |
[38:09] | Are you sure the blood carriage is sealed? | 采血板封好了吗 |
[38:11] | Yeah. | 封好了 |
[38:12] | Is the main case fan still spinning? | 主散热扇在转吗 |
[38:13] | It just keeps reading error. | 一直在报错 |
[38:15] | There could be a light leak. Rakesh, try turning off all the lights. | 可能是漏光的影响 拉凯什 把灯全关了 |
[38:20] | Come on, come on. | 要成啊 拜托 |
[38:22] | Come on. | 加油啊 |
[38:23] | – Error. – Okay, do another, Tommy. | -还是报错 -好 再来一次 汤米 |
[38:26] | – I can’t feel my fingers. – I don’t care! | -我手指都麻了 -我不在乎 |
[38:28] | Okay, I’ll do it. | 我自己来 |
[38:31] | Another. Do another! | 再来 快点 |
[38:36] | Another! | 再来一次 |
[38:38] | – Error. Another. – Shit. | -报错 再来 -妈的 |
[38:41] | Another! | 再来 |
[38:45] | Fuck this shit! | 操他妈的 |
[38:46] | Find the light leak. | 找到漏光点 |
[38:47] | Put towels over that window. | 拿毛巾把窗堵上 |
[38:48] | No, wait. Just wait, just wait, just wait. | 不对 等等 稍等一下 |
[38:50] | Somebody call room service. I have an idea. | 叫客房服务来 我有个想法 |
[38:52] | Why would you call room service? | 叫服务干嘛 |
[38:53] | Just trust me. | 相信我 |
[38:55] | No light. I’m putting in the card. | 遮严实了 我准备放采血板 |
[39:00] | Rakesh, don’t get crumbs on the box. What are you doing? | 拉凯什 别把碎屑弄到机器上 你在干什么 |
[39:02] | You have to clean your fingers after you eat that because… | 吃完饼干要擦手 要不然… |
[39:04] | Shit, shit, shit. | 操操操 |
[39:06] | Okay. Alright. Maybe it’s the temperature. | 对了 会不会是温度问题 |
[39:08] | Maybe, like, a thermocouple got damaged in the flight? | 会不会是热电偶在飞机上坏了 |
[39:19] | Guys, guys, no, no, no, it’s too cold now. | 听我说 不对 这样就太冷了 |
[39:21] | Remember, it’s Switzerland in the winter. You’re practically in the… | 别忘了你们是在冬天的瑞士 可以说是… |
[39:23] | What do you want us to do, Edmond? | 你想怎么办 埃德蒙 |
[39:26] | Guys, what’s going on there? I, I can’t see. | 怎么了 我什么都看不到 |
[39:31] | Body heat. | 体温 |
[39:33] | Don’t worry, I won’t take my clothes off. | 别担心 我不会脱裤子的 |
[39:37] | Card is in. | 采血板放入 |
[39:37] | Where’s, where’s Rakesh? What’s he doing? What… | 拉凯什人呢 他在干嘛 搞什么… |
[39:40] | Rakesh, what are you doing? Okay, don’t hug it too hard, Rakesh. | 拉凯什 你在搞什么鬼 别捂太紧了 |
[39:43] | – There’s no error message. – Okay, it can’t handle it. | -没有报错了 -血样很脆弱的 |
[39:45] | – There’s no error message. – Guys, am I on mute? | -没有报错了 -你们听不见我说话吗 |
[39:47] | Can you hear me? Can you hear me? | 听得见吗 听得到我说话吗 |
[39:49] | My god! | 天啊 |
[39:51] | Shit, shit, shit, it’s not actually in. | 操 我没放进去 |
[39:53] | Hold on. Okay. Okay, now it’s in. | 稍等 好了 现在放进去了 |
[40:00] | No. | 不 |
[40:01] | No. | 不会吧 |
[40:07] | No. | 不行 |
[40:11] | Okay, guys, let’s take it apart. | 没办法了 拆开吧 |
[40:18] | Okay, you just want to soften up the portal… | 小心点 只要软化转接点… |
[40:20] | I know, bro. | 我知道 兄弟 |
[40:22] | There’s no more blood left in my fingers. | 手指都挤不出血了 |
[40:24] | Daddy! | 爸比 |
[40:26] | Hey, sweetie, hi! | 小宝贝 回来啦 |
[40:28] | My gosh. | 天啊 |
[40:30] | Did you guys have fun? | 玩得开心吗 |
[40:32] | What’s on your face? Are you a giraffe? | 你脸上是什么呀 你是长颈鹿吗 |
[40:37] | Alright, let’s go get in the tub, come on. | 我们先去洗澡 跟妈妈来 |
[40:39] | Alright, I’ll-I’ll-I’ll be with you guys… | 好 爸爸等下就过去… |
[40:40] | – Come on, come on. – Okay, baby? | -来吧来吧 -好吗 宝贝 |
[40:41] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:43] | Okay… | 好… |
[40:46] | Yeah, sorry, guys, I’m just… Fi-fi-fire! | 不好意思 我… 火 着火了 |
[40:50] | Shit! | 操 |
[40:53] | Shit, shit, shit, shit. | 我操 我操 我操 |
[41:02] | What… | 什么… |
[41:05] | Why… | 什么原因… |
[41:07] | Why did this happen? | 为什么会这样 |
[41:09] | I explained. | 我之前说过 |
[41:12] | It, it wasn’t reliable. I… | 它还不够稳定… |
[41:16] | I don’t know. Maybe… | 我也不知道… |
[41:21] | Maybe you should get some sleep, Elizabeth. | 要不你先睡会儿吧 伊丽莎白 |
[41:23] | You, you look exhausted. | 你的脸色很差 |
[41:34] | Yeah. Yeah. | 好 好的 |
[41:37] | I’m gonna get some sleep. | 我去睡会儿 |
[41:39] | Thank you for your help, Edmond. | 你真是帮大忙了 埃德蒙 |
[41:41] | You’re welcome… | 不用谢… |
[41:43] | Okay, thanks, guys, I think we’re done. | 谢谢大家 我们结束了 |
[41:53] | Good work, man. | 很棒了 |
[41:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:55] | Try and get some sleep, yeah? | 回家好好睡一觉 好吗 |
[41:59] | – Rakesh. – Thank you. | -拉凯什 -谢谢 |
[42:01] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[42:06] | What are we gonna show at the demo? | 我们要展示什么东西呢 |
[42:09] | I thought we were going to bed. | 不是去睡觉吗 |
[42:13] | Yeah, but what are we gonna show at the demo? | 是 但先想想展示什么 |
[42:15] | I, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[42:17] | I, I… we-we’re gonna tell them that we don’t have a working prototype. | 我… 就跟他们说没有可用的原型机 |
[42:20] | But it worked before. | 但它成功过 |
[42:23] | Everybody saw it. | 大家都看到了 |
[42:27] | We still have a reading saved. | 数据还保存着 |
[42:31] | From when it worked. | 就是成功的那次 |
[42:33] | Right? | 没错吧 |
[42:40] | Just one drop of blood… | 只需要一滴血… |
[42:47] | gets put into our Theranos-branded cartridges. | 放在析兰诺斯的采血板上 |
[43:04] | And we can change the world. | 我们将改变世界 |
[43:17] | They started 20 minutes ago. | 20分钟前就开始了 |
[43:20] | Have you heard anything? | 有什么反馈吗 |
[43:23] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[43:26] | You know, this is supposed to be the brainstorm room. | 这里本该是头脑风暴室 |
[43:30] | It was my idea, and I’ve never been in it. | 是我的主意 但我从没来过 |
[43:40] | It’s a strange thing. | 有件怪事 |
[43:43] | you know, Elizabeth put her name down | 伊丽莎白把她的名字 |
[43:47] | for our patent applications as one of the inventors. | 加在专利申请的发明者里了 |
[43:52] | Did she work on the inventions? | 她发明了什么东西吗 |
[43:54] | Not in any scientific way. | 科学方面的没有 |
[44:00] | Herschel. | 赫舍尔 |
[44:03] | Hey, fellas. | 你们好呀 |
[44:05] | What are you doing here so late? | 这么晚在这里干什么 |
[44:23] | You’ll have to excuse us. | 请大家多多担待 |
[44:25] | It doesn’t always take this long to beam test results | 仅凭一滴血从大洋彼岸发送一份检测结果 |
[44:28] | from a single drop of blood across the world. | 通常并不需要这么久 |
[44:52] | I haven’t announced this yet, | 我还没正式宣布 |
[44:55] | but our series B round closed at $165 million. | 我们的第二轮融资共收获1.65亿美元 |
[45:09] | So here’s to Don Lucas and Larry Ellison. | 敬唐·卢卡斯和拉里·埃里森 |
[45:16] | And let’s… party. | 那么… 嗨起来吧 |
[45:34] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[45:35] | I got the money. | 我搞到钱了 |
[45:38] | I got the fuckin’ money. | 我他妈的搞到钱了 |
[46:14] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[46:16] | God. | 天啊 |
[46:20] | Did you call him? | 是你叫他来的吗 |
[46:22] | I thought you might need a ride home, so I went through your phone | 我看你应该没法自己回家 就翻了你的通讯录 |
[46:24] | and found his number. I’m really sorry if that… | 找到他的电话 对不起… |
[46:27] | Let’s go outside for a moment. | 我们去外面透透气 |
[46:36] | You’re fired. | 你被炒了 |
[46:56] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[46:59] | It’s a Christmas party. | 圣诞派对 |
[47:02] | You’re their boss. | 你是老板 |
[47:04] | They look up to you. You’re better than this. | 他们都靠你吃饭 你得表现好一点 |
[47:07] | I don’t think I am. | 我不是个好人 |
[47:16] | We faked the demo. | 我们的演示造假了 |
[47:21] | In Switzerland. | 在瑞士 |
[47:31] | The device wasn’t working. | 机器坏了 |
[47:34] | And we couldn’t fix it. | 一时半会儿修不好 |
[47:36] | So I had somebody send in fake test results | 我就找人 把实验室里的旧数据 |
[47:43] | from a test we’d done before. | 作为实时数据发过去 |
[47:54] | We need to talk. | 我们得聊聊 |
[47:57] | Not now, man. | 上班再说吧 |
[47:59] | I know what you did at Novartis. | 我知道在诺华发生了什么 |
[48:01] | Okay. Calm down. | 好嘛 冷静 |
[48:03] | Why are you breathing so hard? Just relax. | 你怎么喘得这么厉害 放轻松 |
[48:07] | I mean, it’s going to work. | 机器总会能用的 |
[48:09] | It just didn’t that day. | 只是那天出故障了 |
[48:13] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么办才好 |
[48:15] | When we get the box to work, | 等我们真正做好 |
[48:18] | we’re not even gonna remember this. | 没人会记得发生了什么 |
[48:20] | We’ll be geniuses, and you’ll be able to tell this story | 我们是天才 你会在发布会上 |
[48:23] | at a conference wearing flip-flops. | 穿着人字拖讲故事 |
[48:28] | This is how it works. | 社会就是这样 |
[48:32] | Just dance, Edmond. | 放松点 埃德蒙 |
[48:40] | Don’t tell anyone else. | 别跟任何人说 |
[48:43] | Just you. | 我只跟你说了 |
[48:47] | Good. | 好 |
[48:52] | I don’t feel things the way other people feel things. | 我跟其他人感知世界的方式不一样 |
[48:58] | I know. | 我知道 |
[49:01] | But I love you. | 但我爱你 |
[49:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[49:12] | We were all working almost 24 hours a day | 我们当时每天工作近24小时 |
[49:16] | seven days a week. | 一周七天无休 |
[49:18] | We were | 我们 |
[49:21] | trying to do something good. | 想做点好事 |
[49:46] | I would have graduated this year. | 我本该今年毕业的 |
[49:51] | Now you’re a fucking millionaire. | 现在你是百万富翁 |
[50:04] | Yes, fuck everyone! | 操你妈的 |
[50:09] | I’m going to change the world! | 我要改变世界 |