时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Today, you’re taking the first step | 今天 我们迈出第一步 |
[00:02] | Toward making health care accessible to everyone in this country. | 为了让医疗保健惠及全国人民 |
[00:06] | You need to start bringing in venture capital firms. | 你要开始接触风投公司 |
[00:08] | Hello, Don. Elizabeth Holmes. | 你好 唐 我是伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[00:11] | And when Larry Ellison came to you, | 当拉里·埃里森来找你 |
[00:14] | with his vision for how Oracle could organize data | 表达他对甲骨文数据整理能力的展望 |
[00:17] | you said, “How much do you need?” | 你说的是”你需要多少钱” |
[00:18] | I want you to meet Larry Ellison. | 我想让你见拉里·埃里森 |
[00:19] | If you want this, you gotta fight. | 如果你想要成功 你得开始战斗了 |
[00:22] | That’s what it takes to run a billion-dollar company. | 这是经营亿级美元公司的必经之路 |
[00:24] | Is that what you really want? | 这是你内心渴望的吗 |
[00:26] | – Yes. – What are you willing to do to get it? | -是的 -为了实现它你愿意做什么 |
[00:29] | We faked the demo. | 我们的演示造假了 |
[00:31] | Don’t tell anyone else. | 别跟任何人说 |
[00:32] | Our series B round closed at $165 million. | 我们的第二轮融资共收获1.65亿美元 |
[00:37] | I’m going to change the world! | 我要改变世界 |
[01:33] | What were you doing in India, Mr. Bal… | 你在印度做什么 鲍温… |
[01:36] | It’s Balwani. | 是巴尔瓦尼 |
[01:38] | And I’ve actually got somewhere to be. | 我有个地方要去 |
[01:40] | – Where? – I’m buying an iPhone. | -去哪 -我要买一部苹果手机 |
[01:42] | A what? | 一部什么 |
[01:44] | It’s new. | 新东西 |
[01:45] | And why do you need another phone, Mr. Balwani? | 你为什么需要另一部手机 巴尔瓦尼先生 |
[01:48] | What is the phone for? | 买手机的目的是什么 |
[01:51] | Is this funny to you? | 很好笑吗 |
[01:52] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[01:54] | What’s your occupation? | 你的职业是什么 |
[01:56] | I started a company and then I sold it so… | 我自己创立了公司 然后卖掉了… |
[01:59] | I’m going to ask you again, what is your occupation? | 我再问一遍 你的职业是什么 |
[02:04] | I don’t have one. | 我没有职业 |
[02:17] | I fuckin’ love Steve Jobs! | 我他妈爱死史蒂夫·乔布斯了 |
[02:25] | I got the first one! | 我抢到第一部了 |
[02:27] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[02:49] | You… designed the iPhone. | 你… 设计了苹果手机 |
[02:52] | – Yeah. – I’m… I’m so starstruck right now. | -对 -我… 对你崇拜到无以复加 |
[02:55] | I can’t take all the credit. | 不都是我的功劳 |
[02:58] | And Steve wouldn’t let me. | 史蒂夫也不会让我抢功的 |
[03:00] | But I did make it prettier to look at. | 但我确实让它更好看了 |
[03:03] | See, that’s the thing Steve really understood. | 你看 史蒂夫很了解这一点 |
[03:06] | You can have all the right tech on the inside, | 内部的技术做得再好 |
[03:07] | but without the right look… | 没有光鲜的外表… |
[03:09] | – None of it matters. – Exactly. | -就毫无价值 -完全正确 |
[03:11] | That’s my weakness. | 这是我的短板 |
[03:12] | I, I never think about what things look like. | 我从没考虑过东西的外观 |
[03:16] | I can see that. | 看得出来 |
[03:19] | No, you don’t… | 不 你… |
[03:21] | You don’t like what I’m wearing? | 你不喜欢我的穿着吗 |
[03:22] | You should just dress more like a CEO. | 你应该穿得更像总裁 |
[03:26] | I… when I was with Mark Zuckerberg | 我… 在和马克·扎克伯格 |
[03:30] | at the photoshoot for Inc, | 接受”公司”杂志拍摄时 |
[03:31] | he was wearing soccer sandals, flip-flops. | 他穿着拖鞋就来了 |
[03:35] | Yes, but you are a woman. | 对 但你是女人 |
[03:37] | If you wear soccer sandals to work, | 如果你穿大凉拖去上班 |
[03:39] | everyone would think that you’re having a mental breakdown. | 大家都会觉得你精神崩溃了 |
[03:41] | Yeah, I just don’t want to waste my time picking out what I’m going to wear. | 好吧 我只是不想浪费时间选衣服 |
[03:44] | – It’s not a waste of time. – For you. You’re a designer. | -这可不是浪费时间 -对你来说不是 你是设计师 |
[03:48] | Listen, how you present yourself to the world | 听着 你向世界展现的形象 |
[03:51] | is your identity. | 标志着你的身份 |
[03:53] | It’s, it’s your armor. | 这是你的战甲 |
[03:55] | You’re a good person. I’m rooting for you. | 你很棒 我支持你 |
[03:59] | Honestly, | 说实话 |
[04:01] | it’s just really exciting to me that you’re a young female CEO | 我非常激动 看到你这样年轻的女性总裁 |
[04:05] | instead of a cocky little boy in a sweatshirt. | 而不是穿运动衫自以为是的小男生 |
[04:12] | Yeah… What do I have to do to convince you to, | 好吧… 我要怎么才能说服你 |
[04:16] | to work here? | 为我工作 |
[04:19] | Avie Tevanian joined our board, and he’s a big fan of you. | 艾维·特凡尼安加入了我们的董事会 他可喜欢你了 |
[04:22] | I love Avie. | 我爱死艾维了 |
[04:24] | He said that you’d lose 15,000 shares | 他说如果你辞职 |
[04:27] | of Apple stock if you left. | 就会失去一万五千股苹果股份 |
[04:31] | It’s my retirement. | 那是我的退休金 |
[04:33] | – I got a wife. I got kids. – Yeah. | -我有妻子 有孩子 -是 |
[04:36] | But the outsiders have to stick together. | 但我们这样的边缘人得团结一致 |
[04:40] | That’s how we change the world. | 才能改变世界 |
[04:47] | Seriously, though, your company has momentum now, | 说真的 你的公司势头正劲 |
[04:51] | and when the board starts smelling money, | 等董事会嗅到金钱的味道 |
[04:53] | they’re going to get tough on you. | 他们只会对你更狠 |
[04:56] | Watch your back. | 小心点 |
[05:02] | Why the fuck do you want a car that doesn’t make any noise? | 你为什么想要一辆没有噪音的车 |
[05:04] | It’s a Prius, Sunny. It’s what everybody is driving. | 这是普锐斯 桑尼 大家都开这车 |
[05:06] | Why do you even need a new car? | 你为什么要买新车 |
[05:08] | I like driving you. | 我喜欢开车送你 |
[05:25] | Not even real leather. | 这都不是真皮 |
[05:27] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[05:31] | You know, I’m looking into this computer science grad program at Stanford. | 我在看斯坦福的计算机研究生项目 |
[05:35] | I’m thinking about going back to school again. | 我想回学校继续学习 |
[05:37] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[05:38] | Do you think my board respects me? | 你觉得我的董事会尊重我吗 |
[05:41] | Sure. Just keep making them money. | 当然 只要你能帮他们赚钱 |
[05:45] | Could they fire me? From my own company? | 他们能从我自己的公司开除我吗 |
[05:49] | Of course, they can. | 当然可以 |
[05:51] | You took money from VCs. They own you. | 你从风投公司拿了钱 当然要归他们管 |
[05:59] | Hey, you have any questions? | 需要帮忙吗 |
[06:03] | The demo cars don’t lock. | 样品车锁不上的 |
[06:05] | My name’s Bruce. If you have any questions, let me know. | 我叫布鲁斯 有问题就找我 |
[06:09] | I have to get this. It’s Larry Ellison. | 我得接一下 是拉里·埃里森 |
[06:17] | Hey, Sunny. | 桑尼 |
[06:19] | We should… go out. | 我们应该… 一起出去 |
[06:21] | Like, on a date or something. | 比如 去约会什么的 |
[06:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[06:28] | Is she taking a call in there? | 她在里面接电话吗 |
[06:31] | It’s private. | 是私人电话 |
[06:34] | I know you’re not much of a reader, | 我知道你不怎么读书看报 |
[06:36] | but Elizabeth was just profiled in Inc Magazine’s | 但是伊丽莎白上了”公司”杂志 |
[06:39] | “30 Under 30” with Mark Zuckerberg. | 和马克·扎克伯格一起位列”30位30岁以下名人榜” |
[06:42] | who made Facebook. | 脸书的创始人 |
[06:44] | Is that the thing where single people put their pictures up? | 是那个单身人士发照片的应用吗 |
[06:46] | My stepson is on that. | 我继子也用这个 |
[06:49] | Hey, not a big deal, but has Elizabeth received | 我就问一下 伊丽莎白最近 |
[06:51] | any emails from Richard lately? | 收到理查德的邮件了吗 |
[06:53] | No. Why would Richard be emailing Elizabeth? | 没有 为什么理查德会给伊丽莎白发邮件 |
[06:57] | Well, this is kind of silly, actually, | 好吧 其实有点傻 |
[07:00] | but I think he was hurt | 但我觉得他有点受伤 |
[07:01] | that she didn’t contact him for advice on her company, | 她创立公司没有咨询他的意见 |
[07:03] | you know, since his company also invents biomedical devices, | 毕竟他的公司也做生物医学器械 |
[07:06] | and it made him a little angry. | 这让他有点生气 |
[07:08] | What? | 什么 |
[07:09] | He was mad she didn’t call him for advice? | 他为她没有打电话咨询生气 |
[07:12] | Well… yeah. | 嗯… 是的 |
[07:15] | He’s been researching what she’s doing. | 他在研究她干了些什么 |
[07:16] | I think he might be trying to have a little fun with her company. | 我觉得他会给她的公司开个玩笑 |
[07:19] | A little fun with her company? What? | 开个玩笑 什么意思 |
[07:21] | He applied for a patent. | 他申请了一项专利 |
[07:22] | I don’t really understand it, but I think he wants her to buy him off, | 我不懂这些 但他可能想让她买下专利 |
[07:25] | you know, just for fun. | 就是好玩 |
[07:27] | So your husband has been secretly researching | 所以你丈夫一直在秘密调查 |
[07:30] | my daughter’s company so he can make money off her? | 我女儿的公司 好从她身上谋利 |
[07:33] | My 23-year-old daughter! | 我女儿才23岁 |
[07:36] | Well, you don’t have to make it sound so bad. | 不用说得这么难听 |
[07:40] | Mrs. Holmes. | 霍姆斯太太 |
[07:42] | Wait. | 等等 |
[07:43] | Mrs. Holmes! | 霍姆斯太太 |
[07:46] | Mrs. Holmes. | 霍姆斯太太 |
[07:49] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[07:51] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[07:51] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[07:53] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[07:57] | Hello, Noel. You look like you need a glass of water. | 你好 诺埃尔 你看着需要来杯水 |
[08:00] | What did you do to Elizabeth? | 你对伊丽莎白做了什么 |
[08:01] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[08:02] | Richard? | 理查德 |
[08:04] | God. | 天啊 |
[08:05] | You’re trying to mess with Elizabeth’s company? | 你想搞砸伊丽莎白的公司 |
[08:08] | – Richard. – Everybody, be nice. | -理查德 -大家有话好好说 |
[08:10] | There’s nothing for you to worry about, Noel. | 没什么好担心的 诺埃尔 |
[08:12] | He’s just having fun. | 他只是玩玩 |
[08:14] | I’m a businessman. | 我是生意人 |
[08:15] | I think she’s got a great idea. I want to be a part of it. | 我觉得她想法很好 我想参与其中 |
[08:19] | So I looked into what she’s going to need, | 所以我调查了一下她需要些什么 |
[08:21] | and I invented a mechanism that will alert doctors | 我发明了一种机械装置 |
[08:25] | when their patients have an abnormal blood test. | 能在病人血检异常时提醒医生 |
[08:28] | If she ever wants to put a blood testing device in someone’s home, | 如果她想生产家用式血检仪器 |
[08:31] | she’ll have to license my invention. | 就必须授权我的发明 |
[08:33] | Buy you off. | 你要她买断 |
[08:36] | – Your words, not mine. – You’re sick. | -这是你说的 不是我 -你真令人作呕 |
[08:39] | If she had called and asked my advice, | 她要是知道打电话问我 |
[08:41] | I would have told her, things like this can happen. | 我会告诉她的 这种事经常发生 |
[08:43] | You know what, can I get anyone coffee? | 你们要来杯咖啡吗 |
[08:45] | You’re a tiny man! | 你个卑鄙小人 |
[08:49] | Stop being such a nice little WASP | 别一副高高在上的姿态 |
[08:52] | and tell me to fuck off, Noel. | 叫我滚蛋 诺埃尔 |
[08:55] | Fuck off! | 滚蛋 |
[08:56] | No, you fuck off. | 不 你才给我滚 |
[08:58] | Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you! | 我操你大爷 |
[09:10] | You said that to him? | 你居然对他说了这种话 |
[09:12] | Your mom used the F-word. | 你妈妈说了脏话 |
[09:14] | I said it a couple of times. | 我还说了好几遍 |
[09:18] | Thank you. I, I haven’t heard about any patent applications. | 谢谢 我还没听说任何关于专利申请的事 |
[09:22] | He’s, he’s bluffing. | 他… 他在虚张声势 |
[09:23] | I’m never speaking to Lorraine again. | 我再也不会和洛琳说话了 |
[09:25] | They both can fuck off. | 他们俩都可以死开了 |
[09:27] | My gosh. | 我的天啊 |
[09:32] | – Shit. – What? | -该死 -怎么了 |
[09:34] | I spilled my coffee. Shit. | 我的咖啡洒了 该死 |
[09:37] | Doesn’t the Prius have a cup holder? | 普锐斯不是有杯架吗 |
[10:09] | Hey, Bridget Jones. | 早 布里奇特·琼斯 |
[10:12] | I thought we were meeting with the board. | 我们不是要见董事会吗 |
[10:15] | Girl, that cannot be what you are wearing. | 姐妹 你不能穿成这样 |
[10:17] | I, I spilled my coffee. | 我… 我的咖啡洒了 |
[10:19] | God. | 天啊 |
[10:22] | I’ve been meaning to ask you. | 我一直想问你 |
[10:23] | I still haven’t received dimensions for the prototype. | 我还没收到原型机的规格尺寸 |
[10:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:30] | Elizabeth, we’re up here. | 伊丽莎白 我们在楼上 |
[10:32] | – Hi, Don. – Hey. | -早 唐 -早 |
[10:34] | Sweetheart, you’re so skinny, | 亲爱的 你太瘦了 |
[10:35] | you should eat something. | 多吃点 |
[10:46] | Come on, baby, Come on, baby. Come on. | 加油 宝贝 拜托了 |
[10:52] | Fuck. | 操 |
[10:54] | – The sealing between the channels… – Sucks! Yeah. | -管道之间的密封口… -太烂了 没错 |
[10:58] | Uncontrolled mixing is going to kill result accuracy. | 混合不受控制 结果准确性就不能保证 |
[11:00] | So you agree? | 所以你也同意 |
[11:02] | Well, it’s not ready for the Pfizer trial. | 现在还不能进行辉瑞临床试验 |
[11:04] | No. | 是的 |
[11:08] | I’ll tell her. | 我会跟她说的 |
[11:09] | I mean, she’ll get it. | 她会理解的吧 |
[11:10] | It-it-it’s, it’s people. We can’t test this on people. | 研究对象是人啊 我们不能拿人冒险 |
[11:14] | No. | 是的 |
[11:16] | They’re all waitin’ for you. | 他们都在等你 |
[11:25] | Hi. Hi, guys. | 大家好啊 |
[11:27] | Thanks for coming. | 感谢莅临 |
[11:39] | It’s great that, we got the full board here. | 很高兴所有的董事会成员都来了 |
[11:44] | New location, new space. | 新地址 新大楼 |
[11:47] | Speak up. We can’t hear you! | 大声点 我们听不见 |
[11:54] | So we have some… | 我们有些… |
[11:59] | We have… | 我们有… |
[12:02] | We have some exciting new developments. | 我们有些振奋人心的进展 |
[12:07] | Including Ana Arriola | 我们邀请了安娜·阿利奥拉加入 |
[12:08] | who has been with us for a few months, | 她已经和我们共事几个月了 |
[12:10] | and Ana and Avie Tevanian know each other from Apple. | 安娜和艾维·特凡尼安以前在苹果共事 |
[12:14] | That’s right. We stole her from Apple. | 没错 我们把她从苹果挖过来了 |
[12:21] | Has there been any progress on the prototype? | 原型机方面有什么进展吗 |
[12:23] | Because I know an engineer who can come in | 我认识一位工程师 可以让他加入 |
[12:25] | and really ramp things up. | 加快研发速度 |
[12:26] | His name is Brendan Morris. | 他叫布伦丹·莫里斯 |
[12:27] | Thank you, but we are full steam ahead. | 谢谢 但我们正在全速前进 |
[12:35] | What do you think they’re talking about? | 你觉得他们在说些什么 |
[12:38] | He’s worried about the Novartis contract, Avie. | 艾维很担心和诺华的合同 |
[12:41] | Says it hasn’t come through. | 他说还没有着落 |
[12:42] | Well, tell him that, that we have plenty of pharmaceutical interest. | 那跟他说有很多医药公司对我们感兴趣 |
[12:46] | Well, I haven’t seen any of the contracts. | 我还没看到任何一家的合同 |
[12:52] | I mean, nobody’s talking about it except Avie, | 除了艾维没人说起这个 |
[12:54] | but he’ll bring it up. | 但他会提出来的 |
[12:55] | I don’t know how long he’ll listen to me, | 我不知道我能劝住他多久 |
[12:57] | but what do you want me to do? | 但你想要我做什么 |
[12:59] | I need friends on the board. | 我需要有人在董事会支持我 |
[13:00] | Of course, I’m there for you. | 当然 我是支持你的 |
[13:04] | You know, I-I’ve been thinking… | 你知道吗 我一直在想… |
[13:07] | when we get into this new office space, | 等我们搬到新办公场地 |
[13:09] | we should… | 我们应该… |
[13:10] | You should come on as, as a consultant. | 让你来做顾问 |
[13:12] | I’m already a consultant. | 我已经是顾问了 |
[13:14] | Right, but it will be more formal. | 是的 但需要更正式一些 |
[13:15] | Like, you would have your own office and a salary. | 给你安排单独的办公室 发薪资 |
[13:21] | That sounds perfect. | 听上去很不错 |
[13:24] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[13:25] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:26] | – Hi, Avie. – I was, I was wondering, | -你好 艾维 -我想问问 |
[13:29] | is, is there any news about Novartis? | 诺华那边有什么消息吗 |
[13:34] | Unfortunately, we just got word that it’s not going to work out. | 很遗憾 我们刚刚得知诺华那边没法合作了 |
[13:40] | Really? What happened? | 是吗 怎么回事 |
[13:41] | I thought you said the contracts were in the final stages. | 我记得你说过合同已经进入最后阶段了 |
[13:43] | It’s, it’s complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[13:46] | But I’d like to, I’d like to really focus right now | 但我希望目前专注于 |
[13:49] | on, on the new space. | 新大楼的建设上 |
[13:51] | Yeah, I’m just… | 是的 我只是… |
[13:53] | The projections build in the revenue from the Novartis deal. | 目前财务预测是以诺华合同的收入为基础的 |
[13:55] | Should, should we even be looking at this space | 要是没有这部分收入了 |
[13:58] | if we don’t have that revenue anymore? | 还能有这栋楼吗 |
[13:59] | Well, we’re finalizing contracts with Pfizer. | 和辉瑞的合同在走最后流程 |
[14:04] | – You are? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[14:07] | I read the information you sent out, | 我读了你发的信息 |
[14:09] | and you haven’t had a successful validation study | 你们还没有在真正的病人身上 |
[14:11] | with actual patients yet. | 成功进行过效度研究 |
[14:13] | Well, that’s a formality. | 那只是走走形式 |
[14:15] | Validating that the machine works is a formality. | 确认机器是否成功运作只是走形式吗 |
[14:17] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[14:20] | Look, I’m here to help you. | 听我说 我是来帮你的 |
[14:24] | That’s why you have a board. To help. | 董事会的目的就在于此 大家是来帮你的 |
[14:28] | My father was an entrepreneur. | 我父亲是位企业家 |
[14:29] | I understand there are ups and downs. | 我知道创业不会一帆风顺 |
[14:31] | Yeah, we have plenty of pharmaceutical interest, | 但很多医药公司都对我们感兴趣 |
[14:34] | including Pfizer, so… | 包括辉瑞 所以… |
[14:35] | Yes, but are you going through with the Pfizer trial? | 那你们通过辉瑞的临床试验了吗 |
[14:37] | – Because Ana told me… – You talked to Ana? | -因为安娜告诉我… -你和安娜聊过了吗 |
[14:40] | Well, she says she hasn’t seen the device yet. | 她说她还没看到设备 |
[14:41] | She hasn’t even gotten dimensions for it. | 她甚至不知道设备的规格 |
[14:42] | If you want to know, you just, you can ask me. | 你想知道什么 可以直接问我 |
[14:44] | I am asking you. That is what I’m doing. | 我是在问你 我正在问啊 |
[14:45] | We are going through with the trial. | 我们马上会通过临床试验 |
[14:50] | You’re going forward with the Pfizer trial? | 你要做辉瑞的临床测试吗 |
[14:51] | Yes, we are. We are ready. | 是的 我们准备好了 |
[14:55] | You know, if you, if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪一下 |
[14:56] | I have to, I have to go talk to Don. | 我要和唐谈谈 |
[14:58] | Wait, wait, your… | 等等 你的… |
[15:03] | your… | 你的… |
[15:10] | We need to find out which employees are talking to each other. | 帮我看看哪些员工在私下交流 |
[15:14] | How should I… | 我该怎么… |
[15:16] | How do you want me to do that? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[15:17] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[15:18] | Friend them on Facebook and then find out | 加他们的脸书 |
[15:20] | who’s friends with each other. | 看看谁和谁是好友 |
[15:21] | Friend every employee in the company on Facebook to spy on them? | 加上所有员工 然后监视他们吗 |
[15:24] | That’s what I said. Okay? | 就是这样 懂了吗 |
[15:27] | Also… | 还有… |
[15:30] | I searched for Richard Fuisz. | 我查了理查德·弗兹的资料 |
[15:33] | The IT guys found this. | 技术人员发现了这个 |
[15:34] | 至相关人员 近日 本人申请了一项专利 或与贵公司利益相关, 贵公司的机器可能需要用到该技术。 专利文件见附件, 仅供参考 欢迎随时与我联系。 祝好 理查德·弗兹 | |
[15:35] | They said it was randomly sent to info@theranos.com, | 他们说这个被误发到了 |
[15:38] | the general email. | 公司公告邮箱里 |
[15:39] | So apparently, he just patented an alert for a home blood-testing device, | 很明显 他申请了家用血检预警设备的专利 |
[15:42] | and they think you might have to buy him out. | 法务部认为你可能要买下专利 |
[15:44] | I need to get Legal on the phone. | 我要给法务部打个电话 |
[15:46] | I need to hire a security team and no one knows about this, okay? | 再雇个安保团队 不要告诉任何人 |
[15:49] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[15:56] | Should I come back or… | 需要我再回来… |
[15:59] | – Do you want a, a shirt? – It’s okay. | -你需要T恤吗 -没事 |
[16:08] | Fuck! | 操 |
[16:18] | Yeah… | 对… |
[16:20] | Yes, but would you be willing… | 对 但你愿意… |
[16:22] | Hi. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[16:26] | – I ordered for you. – No, no, no. | -我已经帮你点好了 -不 不 不 |
[16:27] | That-that’s not what I’m saying at all. | 我不是那个意思 |
[16:29] | Soba noodles with miso-infused locally grown pumpkin. | 荞麦面和味噌风味的本地南瓜 |
[16:34] | Like, what? | 什么意思 |
[16:36] | – From a pumpkin patch? – Yes, that should not be a problem. | -南瓜园里摘的吗 -对 不会有问题的 |
[16:38] | I look forward to talking after Nashville. | 等从纳什维尔回来再聊 |
[16:41] | Yeah, okay. | 好 没问题 |
[16:43] | Bye. Yeah. Bye. | 拜拜 |
[16:46] | Pfizer? | 辉瑞 |
[16:47] | Yeah, I’m, I’m, I’m going ahead with the validation study. | 对 我在跟进效度研究 |
[16:51] | With cancer patients? You’re ready to test it on people? | 癌症患者吗 已经能做临床试验了吗 |
[16:55] | It’s just a trial. That’s… everybody does trials. | 只是个试验… 这很普遍 |
[17:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:04] | You’re 40 minutes late. | 你迟到了四十分钟 |
[17:06] | I just found out that Richard Fuisz, | 我刚发现理查德·弗兹 |
[17:08] | my neighbor growing up, | 我从小到大的邻居 |
[17:10] | is trying to get me to buy a patent off of him. | 恶意申请专利想骗我的钱 |
[17:12] | Avie Tevanian was asking about our cash flow at the site, | 艾维·特凡尼安当面问我公司的现金流 |
[17:15] | so I had to show him that we were moving | 我只能告诉他我们正在 |
[17:17] | on the pharmaceutical contracts. | 推进制药公司的合同 |
[17:20] | So I had to say yes to Pfizer, and… | 所以我必须答应辉瑞 并且… |
[17:22] | – I don’t, I don’t want this. – It’s okay. You can leave it. | -我不 我不想要这个 -没事 放下吧 |
[17:28] | Can you get off your phone, we’re eating. | 你能别看手机了吗 我们在吃饭呢 |
[17:30] | I can’t, I can’t do this. I have to get back to the office | 我不吃了 我得回办公室 |
[17:32] | – Then I’ll come with you, I help… – No. | -我陪你一起去 我帮你… -不用 |
[17:34] | No. | 不用 |
[17:36] | Just no? | 这么干脆 |
[17:36] | I, I don’t want them to think that I need my boyfriend’s help. | 我 我不希望他们认为我需要男朋友来帮忙 |
[17:39] | No one knows I’m your boyfriend. | 没人知道我是你男朋友 |
[17:42] | No one knows who I am. | 没人知道我是谁 |
[17:43] | I can’t do one thing wrong. | 我不能做错一件事 |
[17:47] | I can’t give them one reason to doubt me, | 我不能给他们任何理由来质疑我 |
[17:50] | or I will lose my company. | 否则我会失去公司 |
[17:51] | They will take it away, okay. | 他们会抢走我的公司 好吗 |
[17:53] | I’ll-I’ll see you at home. | 家里见 |
[18:12] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[18:14] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[18:17] | This has truffle oil in it. | 里面有松露油 |
[18:18] | There’s no truffle oil in this… | 这道菜没有松露油… |
[18:21] | You think I don’t know what truffle oil smells like, don’t you? | 你觉得我不知道松露油闻着什么味道吗 |
[18:24] | – No, no, I… – That table over there has truffle oil. | -不 我… -那张桌子上有松露油 |
[18:26] | And that table and that table? | 那张桌子 那张桌子都有 |
[18:29] | I can smell fucking truffle oil from a mile away. | 我他妈可以从一英里外闻到松露油 |
[18:36] | I’ll take this back to the kitchen. | 我把这个拿回厨房 |
[18:56] | Hey, what do you run on that computer, Mac or Windows? | 你那台电脑是什么系统的 苹果还是微软 |
[18:58] | I’m a Mac! | 是苹果 |
[19:01] | “I’m a Mac.” “I’m a PC.” Never mind. | “是苹果” “是个人电脑” 都一样 |
[19:04] | Why do you want to know? Are you putting in spyware? | 问这个干什么 你要装监控软件吗 |
[19:21] | Sir, you can’t go in there. | 先生 你不能进去 |
[19:23] | If you don’t work in engineering, you don’t go in the lab. | 如果你不在工程部工作 就不能进实验室 |
[19:25] | Edmund Ku is in Nashville, | 埃德蒙·顾在纳什维尔 |
[19:27] | and he asked me to check on things. | 他让我帮他查一下东西 |
[19:28] | Employees are siloed to their own departments. | 员工只允许进入自己部门 |
[19:32] | Well, would I be allowed to knock in Morse code. | 好吧 那我能在门上敲摩斯电码吗 |
[19:37] | I can check. | 我可以帮你查 |
[19:48] | Problems with the housing market | 住房市场的问题 |
[19:50] | are making news tonight. | 在今晚引起关注 |
[19:51] | And now there is even more stark evidence | 现在有更显著的证据 |
[19:54] | of how serious things are getting in this country. | 表明国家面临严重的问题 |
[19:57] | State officials in Ohio have announced | 俄亥俄州政府宣布 |
[19:59] | they will issue $100 million in taxable bonds… | 他们会放出一亿美元债券… |
[20:04] | Hello, I’m Elizabeth Holmes from Theranos. | 大家好 我是来自析兰诺斯的伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[20:08] | We’re doing a study for Pfizer. | 我们在为辉瑞做研究 |
[20:16] | Is the doctor here? | 医生在吗 |
[20:19] | Hey, listen up. Important question. | 我要问个很重要的问题 |
[20:21] | Did anyone else get a friend request from Elizabeth’s assistant? | 有人收到伊丽莎白助理的好友申请了吗 |
[20:26] | Damn, I thought it was just me. | 靠 我以为只有我 |
[20:27] | Rakesh, you’re a celebrated engineer. | 拉凯什 你是一位出色的工程师 |
[20:30] | Tell me, do you think this book’s heavy enough | 告诉我 你觉得这本书的重量 |
[20:32] | to keep the door open? | 能抵住门吗 |
[20:33] | It’s one hundred percent not heavy enough. | 百分百不够重 |
[20:35] | Hah. Well, that’s where you’re wrong because… | 这你就错了 因为… |
[20:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:49] | Can I help you at all? | 有什么需要吗 |
[20:51] | I’m just taking a look around. | 我就到处看看 |
[21:02] | My-my name is Ian Gibbons. | 我叫伊恩·吉本斯 |
[21:04] | Do-do I know you? | 我们认识吗 |
[21:05] | Your face is familiar somehow. | 你看着很面熟 |
[21:09] | Sunny Balwani. | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼 |
[21:11] | I’m an unofficial consultant. | 我是非正式顾问 |
[21:17] | I have some questions. | 我有一些问题 |
[21:19] | It’s all there. | 都在这里了 |
[21:21] | I mean, there is nothing there. | 什么也没有 |
[21:24] | Look, I really, I like Elizabeth, I do, | 真的 我喜欢伊丽莎白 |
[21:26] | but don’t you think it’s strange that we haven’t seen a single contract? | 但你不奇怪吗 一份合同都没见到 |
[21:29] | Absolutely nothing to back up any of these projections. | 这些财务预测没有任何合同支撑 |
[21:34] | I’m not saying it’s her fault. She’s a kid. | 我没说这是她的错 她还是个孩子 |
[21:36] | She is not ready to be CEO. | 她还没准备好做总裁 |
[21:38] | She needs adult supervision. | 她需要”家长监督” |
[21:41] | I tried to email you, but… | 我试过给你发邮件 但… |
[21:44] | – Why don’t you have email? – Because I’ve been sued too many times. | -你为什么没有邮箱 -因为我被起诉太多次了 |
[21:47] | Look, this may not be the way they do it at Apple. | 可能这里和苹果的行事风格不同 |
[21:50] | I do things by my gut. | 我靠直觉做事 |
[21:53] | – I trust her. – Don… | -我相信她 -唐… |
[21:56] | you are too close to this. | 你当局者迷了 |
[21:57] | You have brunch with her every weekend. | 你每周末都和她吃早午饭 |
[21:58] | You are practically acting like her father. | 你都快变成她爸了 |
[22:00] | Avie, as far as I’m concerned, you should tender your resignation. | 艾维 我觉得你该递交辞呈 |
[22:05] | – What? – I’m asking you to resign. | -什么 -我要求你离职 |
[22:09] | – You’re firing me from the board? – I’m asking you… | -你要从董事会解雇我 -我希望你… |
[22:11] | Is that what your gut says you should do? | 这是你的直觉告诉你的吗 |
[22:13] | Tonight! | 今晚就辞 |
[22:17] | Tonight. | 就今晚 |
[22:21] | Fine. | 好 |
[22:22] | Just start asking questions. | 你能问点问题吗 |
[22:25] | She is lying to you. | 她在骗你 |
[22:45] | Helena had stage four breast cancer by the time we caught it. | 海伦娜的乳腺癌发现时就是晚期 |
[22:49] | Too late for most treatment options. | 已经没有办法治疗了 |
[22:51] | I’m toast. | 我死到临头了 |
[23:04] | Wrong side. | 反了 |
[23:05] | Right, right. Sorry. | 对 对 抱歉 |
[23:10] | So, it’s actually, it’s very simple. | 其实非常简单 |
[23:13] | You’re going to have a finger puncture. | 在手指上扎一下 |
[23:15] | All we need is a drop of blood. | 只需要一滴血就好 |
[23:17] | Been stuck so many times, I got no veins left. | 我被针头戳了太多次 已经没有完好的血管了 |
[23:20] | Y’all are doing a good thing here. | 你们做的是件好事 |
[23:27] | Hold on. It’s… | 等等… |
[23:29] | Excuse me, I’m sorry. I-I just forgot something. | 抱歉 我忘了点东西 |
[23:31] | Just one second. | 稍等 |
[23:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[23:47] | Get back in there, Edmond. | 回去 埃德蒙 |
[23:48] | Elizabeth, it doesn’t work yet. It’s not even close to working yet. | 伊丽莎白 它现在还不能用 还差得很远 |
[23:52] | It’s not supposed to work, it’s a trial. | 不能用也正常 这是试验 |
[23:53] | This isn’t what I do. | 我不该做这些 |
[23:55] | I-I work with machines, I work with tech. I don’t… | 我应该研究机器 研究技术 我不… |
[24:01] | How can we ask these people to, to… | 我们怎么能要求这些人… |
[24:07] | These people know that they’re participating in a trial. | 这些人知道自己在参加试验 |
[24:10] | This is how these things are done, Edmond. | 科学研究就是这样的 埃德蒙 |
[24:12] | This isn’t you. | 这不是你 |
[24:18] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[24:27] | Go back in there. | 回去 |
[24:51] | So when you take this home with you, | 你把这个带回家 |
[24:53] | just remember that, | 要记住 |
[24:56] | it’s very, very delicate, | 仪器非常精密 |
[24:58] | and so it can’t be near a window | 不能靠近窗户 |
[25:00] | or an AC unit or a heater. | 空调 或者暖气片 |
[25:02] | And, | 而且 |
[25:03] | and it, and it can’t get wet. | 绝对不能沾水 |
[25:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:24] | You’re back? How was Nashville? | 你回来了 纳什维尔还顺利吗 |
[25:27] | Good. Just unpacking. | 挺好的 刚刚把行李拿出来 |
[25:42] | The patients kn-kn-know | 病人们知道 |
[25:44] | that they’re participating in a trial. | 他们参加的是试验 |
[25:48] | Go back in there, Edmond. | 回去 埃德蒙 |
[25:51] | Go back in there, Edmond. | 回去 埃德蒙 |
[25:56] | Go back in there… Go back in there, Edmond. | 回去… 回去 埃德蒙 |
[26:00] | This is an inspiring step forward. | 这是激动人心的进展 |
[26:03] | An inspiring step forward. | 激动人心的进展 |
[26:06] | An inspiring step forward. | 激动人心的进展 |
[26:22] | Don. | 唐 |
[26:23] | Avie is out. | 艾维退出了 |
[26:30] | Good. He didn’t understand the vision. | 好 他不理解我的抱负 |
[26:36] | You’ve told me everything I need to know. Right? | 你没瞒着我什么吧 |
[26:39] | Yeah, I just got back from Nashville. | 没有 我刚从纳什维尔回来 |
[26:42] | Don, this is an inspiring step forward… | 唐 这是激动人心的进展… |
[26:45] | You have a cold? | 你感冒了吗 |
[26:47] | No. No, I’m fine… | 不 不是 我没事… |
[26:51] | Everything’s fine. | 一切正常 |
[27:02] | So, how was Nashville? | 纳什维尔情况如何 |
[27:05] | I can’t talk about it. It’s, you know, NDA. | 我不能说 签了保密协议 |
[27:09] | What? This is terrible. | 什么 太过分了 |
[27:12] | Suddenly, everyone’s on a need-to-know basis. | 突然间什么消息都要遮遮掩掩 |
[27:14] | Well, I need to know. | 我需要了解 |
[27:16] | My whole job is needing to know. | 我的工作就是去了解 |
[27:28] | who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[27:29] | That is Brendan Morris. | 布伦丹·莫里斯 |
[27:32] | She brought in a new engineer. | 她新找的工程师 |
[27:34] | We’re not moving fast enough, apparently. | 显然是嫌我们进度慢了 |
[27:36] | We don’t know what he’s working on. | 我们不知道他在研究什么 |
[27:38] | He just goes into the office and shuts the door. | 他每天走进办公室 锁上门 |
[27:42] | Hang on. I’ve got an idea. | 等等 我有主意 |
[27:55] | – Yeah. – Good day, sir. | -什么事 -早 先生 |
[27:56] | I have the package you ordered, and I think it’s best | 这是您预订的包裹 我觉得最好 |
[27:58] | that I come into your office and set it down. | 由我帮您放进办公室里 |
[28:01] | That box is already open, | 箱子已经打开了 |
[28:03] | and it’s got an empty Snapple bottle inside of it. | 里面还有个空饮料瓶 |
[28:09] | Well, you ordered it. | 是你自己订的 |
[28:10] | So, yeah, if you’re the one who ordered it, then I… | 既然是你订的 那我… |
[28:15] | Damn. | 靠 |
[28:16] | I have an idea. | 我有办法 |
[28:22] | Goddamn. | 我靠 |
[28:26] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[28:28] | Hello. Could you tell us what you’re working on? | 你好 能告诉我们你在研究什么吗 |
[28:34] | Obviously, I’m going in a different direction. | 很明显 我走的是另一条路 |
[28:36] | You’ve repurposed a glue-dispensing robot. | 你只是改装了一下点胶机 |
[28:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:41] | Check it out. | 看看 |
[28:59] | The point is you hired another engineer | 重点是你雇了另一名工程师 |
[29:01] | to create a completely different prototype. | 开发完全不同的原型机 |
[29:03] | If-if-if I may, you see, his machine is not microfluidics. | 容我说一句 他的机器根本不是微流控技术 |
[29:07] | He’s just reprogrammed a… | 他只是重新改装了… |
[29:09] | It’s a fucking glue bot. | 那就是个点胶机 |
[29:11] | If you don’t like it, then get your version to work better. | 你们要是不喜欢 就把自己的东西做好 |
[29:13] | Are you trying to pit us against each other? | 你是想让我们相互对抗吗 |
[29:15] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[29:16] | You-you want us to compete against an automated arm? | 你想让我们和一条自动机械臂竞争 |
[29:18] | I want something to actually work. | 我想要真正能用的东西 |
[29:24] | Is this because of what happened in Nashville? | 是因为纳什维尔的事吗 |
[29:30] | Nashville was an inspiring step forward. | 纳什维尔是激动人心的进展 |
[29:35] | Are we done? | 说完了吗 |
[29:43] | – What? – Is this what you want, | -怎么了 -布伦丹做的东西 |
[29:45] | what Brendan’s doing? | 真的是你想要的吗 |
[29:47] | He’s just miniaturizing a process that already exists. | 他只是把现有的机器做了个缩小版 |
[29:50] | It’s big and ugly, and it’s not new. | 又大又丑 技术落后 |
[29:53] | And, and it’s not your vision. | 这也不是你的期望 |
[29:58] | I’m worried that perhaps this is all my fault. | 恐怕这都是我的错 |
[30:01] | Perhaps I answered | 可能是我 |
[30:03] | the consultant’s questions in the wrong way. | 回答错了顾问的问题 |
[30:04] | Consultant? | 顾问 |
[30:07] | Yes, a man called Sunny. | 对 一个叫桑尼的男人 |
[30:09] | He came while you were in Nashville, | 你在纳什维尔的时候他来了 |
[30:11] | – and asked us questions. – What are you talking about? | -问了些问题 -你说什么 |
[30:12] | – Well, he said… – When I was in Nashville? | -他说… -我在纳什维尔的时候 |
[30:15] | No. | 不 |
[30:18] | You did not answer his questions wrong. | 不是你回答错了他的问题 |
[30:23] | I-I-I can’t talk about this right now, Ian. | 我现在不想聊这个 伊恩 |
[30:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:29] | Right. | 好 |
[30:33] | You can’t just show up at my office. | 你不能像那样去我办公室 |
[30:36] | You told them that you were a consultant? | 你跟他们说你是顾问 |
[30:38] | Do you want to talk about that | 你想聊这个吗 |
[30:41] | or the fact you’re 10 years away from the promises you made to the board? | 你还要十年才能实现对董事会许下的目标 |
[30:54] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[30:55] | What’s your plan? | 你的计划是什么 |
[30:58] | Just keep everything from the board forever? | 就这样一直瞒着董事会吗 |
[31:05] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[31:07] | It’s green juice. I bought it for you. | 绿色蔬菜汁 我给你买的 |
[31:10] | It’s healthy. | 很健康 |
[31:12] | If you’re going to work 20 hours a day, you need to eat healthier. | 你一天工作20小时 要吃得健康点 |
[31:14] | So what are you saying? You think I look bad? | 你什么意思 你觉得我很憔悴 |
[31:16] | You look like shit. | 你都要没人样了 |
[31:29] | Do you know why I went to your office? | 你知道我为什么去你办公室吗 |
[31:32] | Because I don’t like the way you treat me. | 因为我不喜欢你对待我的方式 |
[31:35] | How do I treat you? | 我怎么了 |
[31:36] | You dismiss me. You act like I’m some guy hanging around. | 你无视我 当我是什么闲杂人等 |
[31:40] | I founded a company. I ran it. I sold it. | 我创立了一家公司 我亲手经营又把它卖掉 |
[31:43] | Yeah, and that really impressed me when I was 18. | 是啊 18岁的我觉得你很厉害 |
[31:52] | You know what I saw when I went to your office? | 你知道我在你办公室看到了什么吗 |
[31:54] | What? | 什么 |
[31:55] | No one respects you. | 没人尊重你 |
[31:57] | No one listens to you. | 没人听你的话 |
[31:59] | They talk behind your back. They make fun of you. | 他们在背后议论你 取笑你 |
[32:03] | They’re laughing at you, Elizabeth. | 他们在笑话你 伊丽莎白 |
[32:05] | You’re in over your head. You’re going to lose everything. | 你遇到困难了 你会失去一切 |
[32:08] | But go ahead, keep ignoring me. Keep dismissing me. | 不过没关系 继续无视我 打发我 |
[32:15] | This juice is disgusting. I hate it. | 蔬菜汁很难喝 我不喜欢 |
[32:21] | – Disgusting. – Drink it. | -很难喝 -喝了 |
[32:23] | No. | 不喝 |
[32:26] | Drink it. | 喝掉 |
[32:28] | No. | 就不 |
[32:29] | It cost $12. Drink it, it’s good for you. | 我花了12美元 是为了你好 |
[32:30] | I don’t care how much it cost. | 我不管花了多少钱 |
[32:32] | – Elizabeth! – Go fuck yourself, Sunny. | -伊丽莎白 -去你妈的 桑尼 |
[32:34] | – I don’t give a fuck. – Don’t throw it out! | -我才不管 -别扔 |
[32:36] | Don’t throw it out! | 别倒掉 |
[33:06] | Are you coming to bed? | 你上床睡觉吗 |
[33:54] | Here at Theranos… | 在这里 析兰诺斯… |
[33:59] | we… we are developing | 我们… 正在研究 |
[34:04] | new technology. | 一项新技术 |
[34:07] | This is an inspiring step forward. | 这是激动人心的进展 |
[34:12] | This is an inspiring step forward. | 这是鼓舞士气的一步 |
[34:16] | Here at Theranos, | 在这里 析兰诺斯 |
[34:20] | we are developing | 我们正在研究 |
[34:23] | new technology. | 一项新技术 |
[34:25] | Here… at Theranos, | 在这里… 析兰诺斯 |
[34:28] | we are developing new technology. | 我们正在研究一项新技术 |
[34:31] | New technology… This is an inspiring step | 这项新技术… 这是激动人心的 |
[34:38] | forward. | 进展 |
[34:40] | Forward. | 进展 |
[34:41] | Forward. | 进展 |
[34:43] | Forward. | 进展 |
[34:43] | This is an inspiring step forward. | 这是激动人心的进展 |
[35:05] | I shouldn’t have had you meet me here. | 我不应该在这见你 |
[35:07] | I just thought this would be better face-to-face. | 我只是觉得面对面更好 |
[35:11] | Drive around the block. | 在街区附近转转吧 |
[35:44] | Alright. Very nice. | 好 非常不错 |
[35:47] | It’s, it’s not there yet, but we’re getting closer. | 还差一点 不过越来越接近了 |
[35:50] | I think it needs a name. | 该给它起个名字 |
[35:51] | How about Gluebot? | 点胶机怎么样 |
[35:54] | Edison. | 爱迪生 |
[35:56] | I’m calling it The Edison. | 我要叫它”爱迪生” |
[36:00] | And this is the direction that we’re going in. | 这就是我们下一步的方向 |
[36:27] | – No, sir, I can’t let you… – Wait, no, that’s my X-ACTO knife. | -不 先生 我不能让你… -等等 那是我的刀具 |
[36:29] | It’s not the intellectual property of Theranos. | 不是析兰诺斯的知识产权 |
[36:31] | – Just doing my job, sir. – Come on, it’s his X-ACTO knife. | -我只是在尽职责 先生 -算了吧 这是他的刀 |
[36:33] | Sir, please take a step… | 先生 请退后… |
[36:34] | That is my X-ACTO knife, and I like the way it cuts things, please. | 这是我的刀 我喜欢它的手感 |
[36:36] | – Come on, hold on… – Please take a step back. | -就给他吧… -请退后 |
[36:38] | Okay, okay, just take it, but… | 好了 拿走吧 不过… |
[36:49] | I… | 我… |
[36:52] | I don’t have my car today, so if, | 我今天没开车来 |
[36:56] | someone can, give me the number of a cab company. | 有人能给我个出租车公司的电话吗 |
[37:03] | Alright, let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[38:02] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白 |
[38:07] | I’m sorry, I thought she was here. | 抱歉 我以为她在这 |
[38:14] | I’m here. | 我在 |
[38:16] | I’m here. | 我在这 |
[38:18] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[38:20] | The legal team is ready to see you. | 法律团队准备好见你了 |
[38:23] | Elizabeth, I need to talk to you. | 伊丽莎白 我要跟你谈谈 |
[38:28] | I’m so sorry. I was on a very long phone call. | 抱歉 我接了通长电话 |
[38:32] | Hi. What, what’s going on with filing the lawsuit? | 诉讼文件方面有什么问题 |
[38:35] | Did you do trials on terminal cancer patients | 你们在癌症晚期患者身上 |
[38:37] | with a prototype that didn’t work? | 用不可用的原型机做试验吗 |
[38:40] | Can we have the room please? | 我能和她单独聊聊吗 |
[38:43] | – Answer me. – Where did you hear that? Avie? | -回答我 -你听谁说的 艾维吗 |
[38:46] | Is it a secret? | 这是个秘密吗 |
[38:47] | – No. No. I just… – That goes against everything | -不 不 我只是… -这违反了 |
[38:52] | – I believe in… – Ana, it was a trial. | -我所有的信仰… -安娜 这是个试验 |
[38:53] | And I have a moral obligation to talk to you about… | 我有道德义务告诉你… |
[38:55] | Everybody does trials. | 大家都会做试验 |
[38:59] | You know, I was trying to remember what it was I saw in you, | 我试着记起我之前看中你什么 |
[39:03] | why I came here. | 我为什么来这 |
[39:05] | And I don’t know, | 我不知道 |
[39:06] | I think I thought you were like me somehow, | 我以为我们是一样的 |
[39:10] | an outsider. | 都是边缘人 |
[39:11] | I am. That’s why I have to fight to keep my job. | 我是啊 所以我才要拼命保住工作 |
[39:15] | No, that’s why you have to care more. | 不 正因如此你要更关心其他人 |
[39:18] | I only came here because I thought we were helping people. | 我来这里是因为我以为我们在救人 |
[39:20] | I can’t help anybody if I don’t have a company. | 如果我没了公司 谁也帮不了 |
[39:22] | – That’s not the point. – Yes, it is. | -这不是重点 -这就是 |
[39:25] | I, I don’t know what you want from me. | 我不知道你想要我怎么做 |
[39:28] | I… | 我… |
[39:29] | You told me to be more of a CEO, and so I’m trying to do that. | 你告诉我要更像个总裁 我在努力 |
[39:33] | I’m trying. I’m trying. | 我真的很努力 |
[39:34] | So sorry. But, Elizabeth, I really need you. | 抱歉 伊丽莎白 你要跟我来一下 |
[39:39] | We can discuss this later. | 我们可以之后再谈 |
[39:41] | Okay? Ana, please. | 好吗 安娜 求你了 |
[39:48] | No. I’m quitting. | 不 我要辞职 |
[39:52] | My whole team is quitting. | 我的整个团队都辞职 |
[40:06] | Make sure Ana doesn’t leave the building with any property. | 确保安娜没带走公司任何物品 |
[40:08] | – I will. And… – And she needs to sign an NDA. | -好的… -她要签保密协议 |
[40:10] | – The design team quit. – Yeah. | -设计团队辞职了 -对 |
[40:13] | And one of them told me to give you these books on management. | 他们有人让我给你这本管理书籍 |
[40:19] | 拒绝混蛋法则 建立文明工作环境 如何面对混蛋老板 | |
[40:19] | I think it’s a joke. | 我觉得是开玩笑 |
[40:23] | Why is Don Lucas in my office? | 为什么唐·卢卡斯在我办公室 |
[40:27] | I don’t know. That’s why I came and got you. | 不知道 所以我来找你了 |
[40:30] | He just showed up. | 他突然出现了 |
[40:39] | – Hey, Don, I didn’t know that you had… – Shut the door. | -唐 我不知道你… -关门 |
[40:46] | How, | 你 |
[40:49] | how are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[40:55] | Not one of these contracts is even close to being done. | 没有一份合同是快要完成了的 |
[41:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:02] | I just, I didn’t want to alert the board of… to the mechanics… | 我不想因为小事情… 打扰董事会… |
[41:06] | Stop the game. | 别耍花招了 |
[41:08] | I just spent an hour with your accountant going over all this. | 我和会计花了一小时把这些都过了一遍 |
[41:15] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[41:19] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[41:25] | I know things have not been going | 我知道事情进展得 |
[41:28] | as smoothly as they should have. | 没有预期那么顺利 |
[41:30] | And that’s my fault. | 这是我的错 |
[41:32] | But I brought on Brendan Morris, | 但我们有布伦丹·莫里斯 |
[41:33] | who is developing the… a version of our prototype… | 他在研发… 原型机的新版本… |
[41:37] | I’m going to call for a vote of no confidence from the board. | 我要让董事会进行一场不信任投票 |
[41:42] | You will no longer be CEO of Theranos. | 你不再是析兰诺斯的总裁 |
[41:48] | You had a good idea. | 你的想法不错 |
[41:50] | You’re just not ready yet. | 但你没准备好 |
[42:33] | Tess. | 泰丝 |
[42:36] | Could you, | 你能 |
[42:38] | make me an appointment at the Genius Bar, please? | 帮我预约一下天才吧吗 |
[43:03] | What was the name for the account? | 你的账户名是什么 |
[43:08] | Elizabeth Holmes. | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[43:21] | Good news, you’re insured, | 好消息 还在保修期内 |
[43:22] | so we can just go ahead and replace the entire phone today. | 可以直接给你换部手机 |
[43:26] | Do you want to give me your phone? | 你要把手机给我吗 |
[43:28] | Are you going to be able to see what’s on it? | 你能看到里面有什么吗 |
[43:30] | Just for a few seconds. | 非常快 |
[43:31] | I’m going to go ahead and back it up to our drive. | 我把它接进驱动器备份一下 |
[43:33] | It should only take a few minutes. | 几分钟就好 |
[43:35] | Your secrets are safe with me. | 不用担心会泄密 |
[43:43] | So how are you? | 你感觉还好吗 |
[43:45] | I know it can be hard being without your phone. | 没手机是挺困难的 |
[43:48] | Are you from around here? Do you go to, like, school nearby? | 你住在附近吗 在上学还是 |
[43:53] | St… Stanford. | 斯… 斯坦福 |
[43:55] | Awesome. | 真牛 |
[43:57] | I’m kind of in between schools at the moment, | 我暂时休学了一段时间 |
[43:58] | so I thought I’d work as a Genius | 所以来天才吧工作了 |
[44:00] | until I could figure out what I want to do. | 看看能不能找到自己想做什么 |
[44:04] | What was your dream as a child? | 你小时候的梦想是什么 |
[44:08] | As a child? | 小时候吗 |
[44:11] | No, I don’t think I had any dreams as a child. | 我小时候好像没什么梦想 |
[44:15] | That sounds nice. | 挺好的 |
[44:17] | What does? | 什么挺好 |
[44:20] | Not knowing what you want to do with your life. | 不知道未来的人生想做什么 |
[44:24] | It’s not nice, it’s scary. | 一点都不好 非常可怕 |
[44:27] | Why are you scared? | 为什么会害怕 |
[44:29] | You can do anything, anything that you want. | 你可以做任何想做的事 |
[44:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[44:32] | Because it, it doesn’t really matter, right? | 反正也无所谓 对吧 |
[44:36] | Nothing you do will matter because you don’t really care. | 因为什么都不在乎 所以什么都不重要 |
[44:41] | I mean, you, you, you have no ambition. | 你没有抱负 |
[44:45] | You don’t want to do anything important. | 不想成就伟大的事业 |
[44:48] | You’re just a person. | 你是个普通人 |
[44:56] | Now it should… | 现在应该… |
[45:01] | No. | 不会吧 |
[45:03] | No, no. | 不不不 |
[45:07] | I don’t know what happened, but, um, all of your information is… | 不知道怎么回事 但您的资料都… |
[45:12] | I mean, it-it’s just, it’s gone. | 都没了 |
[45:15] | I’m so sorry, I… | 真的很对不起… |
[45:19] | I-I did everything right. | 操作步骤没错 |
[45:21] | I mean, I followed all of the steps. | 我完全是按着流程走 |
[45:23] | I, I was just too quick to… I’m so sorry. | 可能是手滑按快了… 非常抱歉 |
[45:47] | Elizabeth, we’re ready for you. | 伊丽莎白 我们准备好了 |
[46:04] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[46:08] | You are here because we collectively | 请你过来是因为董事会集体 |
[46:12] | have lost confidence in your ability | 对你担任本公司总裁的能力 |
[46:15] | to continue on as CEO of this company. | 产生了不信任 |
[46:18] | You have misrepresented the revenue stream. | 你未能如实告知现金流状况 |
[46:20] | You have been unable to manage research and development. | 未能有效管理研发进程 |
[46:24] | You have continuously, time after time, missed deadline | 并且连续多次 错过最后期限 |
[46:27] | resulting in the withdrawal of our contracts | 导致我司与药企的合作被撤销 |
[46:29] | from pharmaceutical companies, | 其中包括 |
[46:31] | including, we just found out, Pfizer. | 刚刚得知的 辉瑞公司 |
[46:34] | Pfizer stated it can no longer go forward | 辉瑞称 基于纳什维尔的效度研究结果 |
[46:37] | based upon the results of its validation study in Nashville. | 该项目无法继续开展 |
[46:42] | Your design team has resigned. | 整个设计团队离职 |
[46:44] | And last but not least, this, | 最后还有 |
[46:47] | this man, Richard Fuisz, | 这位理查德·弗兹 |
[46:50] | has filed a competing patent. | 申请了一项竞争专利 |
[46:54] | This is a mess. | 一塌糊涂 |
[46:56] | I mean, you have to understand where we’re coming from here. | 请你理解我们这样做的原因 |
[47:00] | You need adult supervision. | 你需要家长监督 |
[47:05] | We’ve decided that Tom here | 我们决定由汤姆 |
[47:08] | should step in as acting CEO | 担任代理总裁 |
[47:10] | until we can find somebody else. | 直到找到另外的合适人选 |
[47:14] | Of course, yeah, I… | 当然 我… |
[47:17] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[47:24] | I just… | 只是… |
[47:28] | I did everything right. | 我每一步都做对了 |
[47:30] | I… I followed all the steps. | 我… 完全按照流程走 |
[47:39] | I did it too quick. | 我太着急了 |
[47:42] | And I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[47:44] | I got ahead of myself, and all your concerns are valid. | 我眼高手低 你们的担心完全是合理的 |
[47:49] | You’re right. I am in over my head. | 您说得对 我遇到大问题了 |
[47:54] | I’m just a girl | 我只是个小姑娘 |
[47:56] | who had a dream to change the world. | 梦想着改变世界 |
[48:00] | And I just didn’t realize | 却始终没有意识到 |
[48:03] | how hard it was going to be. | 这会有多困难 |
[48:05] | I need help. | 请帮帮我 |
[48:06] | You’re absolutely right. I need adult supervision. | 您说得太对了 我需要家长监督 |
[48:17] | And that’s… | 所以… |
[48:19] | that’s why I reached out to an old friend | 所以我找了一位老朋友 |
[48:24] | to come on board and help me. | 加入董事会来帮助我 |
[48:30] | He offered to bring in $20 million | 他会注资两千万美元 |
[48:34] | and come on as COO, | 并担任首席运营官 |
[48:37] | but only if I’m still the CEO, obviously. | 前提是 我继续担任首席执行官 |
[48:42] | But that’s up to you. | 不过这都由您决定 |
[48:45] | Don? | 唐 |
[48:47] | Can you forgive me? | 原谅我好吗 |
[48:54] | He had an idea that I’d love to get your advice on. | 他有一个想法 我想听听大家的建议 |
[48:59] | He thinks that | 他认为 |
[49:02] | we should forget pharmaceutical companies | 我们应该抛弃大型药企 |
[49:04] | and try to target retail. | 直接面向零售 |
[49:06] | Create our own retail space… like an Apple Store. | 建立我们自己的渠道… 像苹果直营店那样 |
[49:12] | I don’t know. | 我拿不准 |
[49:14] | What do you think? | 大家怎么看 |
[49:24] | I’m in here. | 我在里面 |
[49:50] | It’s not working between us. | 我们没有可能了 |
[49:54] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[49:59] | You could stay here for a while until you find your own place. | 在找到房子前 你可以先待这 |
[50:03] | – I’ll move out. – No. No. | -我会搬出去 -不 不 |
[50:07] | Come on, I can’t let you move out. | 总不能让你搬吧 |
[50:09] | No. | 也不是 |
[50:10] | Come work with me. | 做我的生意伙伴吧 |
[50:21] | Do you want that? | 你真这么想吗 |
[50:28] | I need a $20 million investment. | 我需要两千万美元的投资 |
[50:36] | So the board will keep you as CEO. | 董事会就能让你继续做首席执行官 |
[50:45] | You already told them you had it. | 你也已经把话说出去了 |
[50:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:54] | Twelve million. | 一千二百万 |
[50:57] | Twenty. And you can be COO. | 两千万 你来做首席运营官 |
[51:34] | I quit. | 我辞职了 |
[51:36] | Come on. Come on. | 进来 进来坐 |
[52:07] | She’s suing me? | 她起诉我 |
[52:09] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[52:11] | No, I’m not taking those. | 不 我拒收 |
[52:12] | I am not taking those. | 门儿都没有 |
[52:15] | Hey! | 别走 |
[52:16] | Hey! | 回来 |
[52:24] | And by the end of 2008, | 在2008年末 |
[52:25] | Sunny Balwani came on as COO. | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼出任首席运营官 |
[52:28] | And you bought back some shares of the company. | 你也购回公司部分股权 |
[52:32] | Yes, I had a controlling stake. | 是的 我有控股权 |
[52:40] | Ready? | 好了吗 |
[54:19] | I wanna be a billionaire. | 我想成为亿万富翁 |
[54:22] | It’s not about the money. | 不是因为钱 |
[54:24] | You have to have a purpose. | 人总要有个目标 |
[54:25] | – What are you afraid of? – I can’t do one thing wrong. | -你在害怕什么 -我不能做错一件事 |
[54:28] | I can’t give them one reason to doubt me. | 我不能给他们任何理由来质疑我 |
[54:32] | I’m going to be on the cutting edge of healthcare. | 我要成为医疗保健行业的先锋 |
[54:34] | It’s going to change the world. | 它将改变世界 |
[54:37] | Everything’ s changing. | 世界在变 |
[54:38] | These kids don’t get bogged down about the way things have always been done. | 这帮年轻人不会受制于陈旧的模式 |
[54:43] | They want to change things now! | 他们想改变现状 |
[54:45] | We launch in 48 hours. | 48小时后上市 |
[54:47] | We did it! | 我们成功了 |
[54:49] | I don’t believe a word she says. | 她说的我一个字都不信 |
[54:51] | There’s something going on. | 肯定有问题 |
[54:53] | Why are they not actively seeking FDA approval? | 他们为什么不主动申请药监局认证 |
[54:55] | Her whole image is fake. | 她全套人设都是假的 |
[54:57] | – You don’t understand the business. – And you don’t understand the science! | -你不了解商业 -你不懂科学 |
[55:01] | This isn’t just my company. | 这不仅是我的公司 |
[55:02] | This is who I am. | 这就是我 |
[55:03] | There’s only one thing you need to know about Elizabeth. She’s a fraud. | 关于伊丽莎白一词足矣 她是骗子 |
[55:06] | I know you want to believe everything she’s saying is real. | 我知道你想相信她说的是真的 |
[55:09] | The way Theranos is operating, someone is gonna get killed. | 析兰诺斯继续这么运作 会死人的 |
[55:12] | You’re going to lose everything. | 你会失去一切 |
[55:16] | No, I’m, I’m fine. Everything’s fine. | 没有 我没事 一切正常 |