时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I searched for Richard Fuisz. | 我查了一下理查德·菲斯 |
[00:03] | If she ever wants to put | 如果她想 |
[00:04] | a blood-testing device in someone’s home, | 在家里进行血液检测 |
[00:06] | she’ll have to license my invention. | 那么她就要申请我的发明 |
[00:08] | She’s suing me? | 她要起诉我吗? |
[00:10] | It doesn’t work. It is not even close to working yet. | 还不好使 离好使还远着呢 |
[00:12] | It’s not supposed to work. It’s a trial. | 不好使也没事 我们只是实验一下 |
[00:14] | Did you do trials on terminal cancer patients | 你是否使用还未投入使用的原型 |
[00:16] | with a prototype that didn’t work? | 对末期癌症病人进行检测? |
[00:18] | I’m going to call for a vote of no confidence from the board. | 我要申请董事会进行否定投票 |
[00:21] | I need a $20 million investment. | 我需要一笔2000万的投资 |
[00:24] | So the board will keep you as CEO. | 这样你才能继续担任首席执行官 |
[00:27] | And you can be COO. | 你就可以担任首席运营官 |
[00:29] | We should forget pharmaceutical companies and try to target retail. | 我们应该放弃医疗公司 转而投向零售行业 |
[00:45] | So, Sunny Balwani provided you with $20 million | 所以桑尼·巴尔瓦尼给了你2000万 |
[00:48] | to keep the company afloat, | 确保公司的运营 |
[00:50] | but by 2010, that money was also gone. Is that correct? | 但是2010年的时候 这笔钱已经花没了 是吧? |
[00:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:55] | And isn’t it correct that the Edison machine | 爱迪生机器在2010年的时候 |
[00:56] | was still not consistently working in 2010 | 还是不能正常工作 |
[00:58] | when you pitched Walgreens | 但当时你向沃尔格林提出 |
[01:00] | the plan to put your device into their stores? | 把你的设备投入到他们的商店中的想法? |
[01:03] | Did you share that information with Walgreens? | 你和沃尔格林分享了这一信息吗? |
[01:08] | is under an ethics investigation | 正因收受了不正当的礼物… |
[01:10] | for accepting improper gifts, then… | 而进行职业道德检查… |
[01:12] | That means tuition hikes, and for… | 也就是说学费在增加… |
[01:14] | Reveals a set of national standards for math. | 显示一组最新的 全国数学考试标准… |
[01:58] | Hi. Nice to see you. | 嗨 很高兴见到你 |
[02:19] | Cold out there today. | 今天外面很冷 |
[02:30] | Have a great day! | 度过美好的一天! |
[02:34] | Alright, how we all doing? | 好了现在什么情况? |
[02:37] | Brian! Up top. Oh! Mike. Alright. | 布莱恩 击掌 麦克 |
[02:41] | – Are they here yet? – Yeah. – Bring ’em in, Dave. | -他们到了吗 -好的 -带来吧 戴夫 |
[02:44] | I’m ready to grill ’em. | 我准备好狂虐他们了 |
[02:47] | We are ready to provide you with the opportunity | 我们愿意给您提供一个 |
[02:50] | to be on the cutting edge of healthcare. | 引领医疗行业尖端的机会 |
[02:52] | Look, I should warn you, I’ve been a physician for 30 years. | 我应该告诉你 我从事医疗行业已经30年了 |
[02:56] | So when it comes to people claiming that they’ve invented | 所以每次大家说自己发明了 |
[02:59] | some big medical breakthrough, I’m skeptical. | 医学上的突破 我都是抱着怀疑的态度 |
[03:03] | Dr. Rosen… | 罗森博士 |
[03:04] | J, please, Dr. J. Because I used to play basketball. | 杰 请叫我杰博士 也因为我喜欢打篮球 |
[03:12] | Dr. J. Dr. J, in 1992, | 好的 杰博士 您在1992年 |
[03:16] | you had the foresight to encourage doctors | 鼓励博士和医院通过 |
[03:19] | and hospitals to transmit records electronically… | 电子传送的方式发送档案 这很有远见 |
[03:23] | – Intellihealth. – Intellihealth. | 远程医疗 远程医疗 |
[03:25] | Exactly. That was a breakthrough. | 是的 这是个重大突破 |
[03:28] | Oh, I don’t know about that. But it did win a Webby. | 这我不敢说 但是我是获得了威比奖 |
[03:31] | In 1999. | 1999年 |
[03:33] | Because it was visionary. | 因为您是十分有远见 |
[03:36] | You’ve always understood that giving people information on their health | 你很清楚 让人们更了解医疗行业 |
[03:40] | is not only good for the world, | 不仅对世界有益 |
[03:42] | it can… how shall I put this, be very profitable. | 而且怎么说呢 更能赚钱 |
[03:48] | And if Obama’s healthcare bill passes, | 如果奥巴马的医疗方案通过后 |
[03:50] | millions more people will be motivated | 数以千万的人们 |
[03:53] | to start prioritizing their health. | 就能将健康作为头等大事了 |
[03:54] | But look, Walgreens tried in-store clinics in 2007, | 沃尔格林公司在2007年的时候尝试过店内诊所 |
[03:59] | and it was a bust. | 但是没有成功 |
[04:01] | In-store clinics makes me think of sick people | 店内诊所让我想起许多人排队等着 |
[04:04] | waiting for a flu shot. | 打针的情形 |
[04:06] | You’re thinking too small. | 您想的太浅显了 |
[04:08] | What we want to offer are wellness centers. | 我们想要提供的是 健康中心 |
[04:14] | Here, the customer waits for his painless, efficient, | 这里病人能够在美国最受欢迎的药店 |
[04:18] | low-cost Theranos blood test in America’s favorite drugstore. | 进行无痛的高效低廉的血液检测 |
[04:22] | He looks really relaxed. Strong messaging. | 他看上去很放松 很有利的说服 |
[04:28] | And it’s been approved by the FDA? | FDA已经批准了吗 |
[04:30] | We are looking to make strategic relationships | 我们正在搭建各种关系 |
[04:32] | to move that along. | 来推进这一目标 |
[04:34] | But I kind of agree with Mark Zuckerberg when he said, | 但是我认同马克·扎克伯格所说的 |
[04:37] | “Move fast and break things.” | “快速突破 除旧立新” |
[04:50] | Hey. Wade! | -嘿 韦德! |
[04:52] | – Hey, J, what’s up? – Hey. Up top. | -嘿 杰 怎么了?-嘿 击掌! |
[04:54] | – Yeah. – Hey. | -耶 -嘿 |
[04:55] | I’m busy with the Express Scripts deal. | 我正忙着和快捷药方公司的交易 |
[04:57] | I know you are. | 我知道 |
[04:58] | Have you gotten a chance to look at the proposal | 你看没看血液检测公司 |
[05:00] | for the Theranos pilot program? | 实行项目的提案呢 |
[05:02] | I’m having trouble getting traction on it. | 我现在无法推进 |
[05:03] | Yeah. Well, we tried in-store clinics. | 看了 但是我们已经试过了店内诊所 |
[05:05] | Oh no, no, no, no. This wouldn’t be an in-store clinic. | 哦 不 不 这不是店内诊所 |
[05:07] | This would be a wellness center. | 这是健康中心 |
[05:10] | Wellness center. | 健康中心? |
[05:12] | – Yeah. – What does that even mean? | -是的 -这是什么意思? |
[05:13] | Also, you shouldn’t be eating those pastries in the morning. | 你不应该在早晨吃这些花生 |
[05:16] | It screws up your metabolism for the rest of the day. | 会打乱你一天的新陈代谢 |
[05:18] | Well, I’m not giving up pastries. | 我不会放弃点心的 |
[05:20] | I lived in Geneva too long. | 我住在日内瓦太久了 |
[05:23] | Here, why don’t you let me take it off your hands? | 你把这个放下吧 |
[05:25] | When did you live in Geneva? | 你什么时候住在日内瓦的 |
[05:26] | Procter and Gamble, he was the head of finance | 保洁公司 他是财政总监 |
[05:28] | – for all of Western Europe. – He knows, Roland. | -管理所有的西欧… -罗兰 他知道的 |
[05:29] | Wade, 192 tests off a single drop of blood. | 韦德 用一滴血就进行了192次实验 |
[05:32] | – Come on. – Mm-hmm. | -不 -拜托了! |
[05:34] | Let’s bypass the review committees. | 我们绕过评委会吧! |
[05:36] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[05:38] | We got, we got to get going. | 我们要走了 |
[05:40] | Walgreens still sends faxes to physicians. | 沃尔格林公司还在给博士发送传真 |
[05:42] | Technically, secure faxes… | 准确的说 是保密传真 所以… |
[05:44] | Yeah, well, we’re in a recession, | 但是现在金融危机 |
[05:45] | and Facebook is valued at $23 billion. | 脸书公司市值230亿 韦德! |
[05:48] | Rich, I love what you’re doing, man. | -里奇 我喜欢你这样! -嘿 里奇 |
[05:50] | – Twenty-two billion dollars, Wade. – Keep that, keep that going. | -韦德 我说的是230亿美元! -继续 保持住! |
[05:52] | This is the future, and Walgreens is a hundred years old. | 这是未来的大势… 沃尔格林已经成立100年了 |
[05:55] | A hundred and nine, if you can believe that. | 确切的说是109年 |
[05:56] | Yes, you tried in-store clinics, | 没错 你试过室内诊所 |
[05:58] | but you did it a full year after CVS. | 但是你是在CVS之后一整年才开始的 |
[06:01] | – And now CVS owns that market. – CVS? | -现在整个市场都被CVS垄断 -CVS |
[06:03] | Wait, wait. Wait, Theranos is talking to CVS? | 什么 等等 血液检测公司和CVS联系了吗? |
[06:06] | They might be. They’re shopping it. | 他们可能啊 他们正在选择 |
[06:08] | Wade, low-cost blood testing while you wait. | 韦德 这可是低价的血液检测 |
[06:11] | They estimate dozens more people in stores per day. | 他们每天可以在店里多检测几十人 |
[06:14] | We’re talking hundreds of millions in extra revenue. | 我们说的是上千亿的收入增加 |
[06:17] | This is the kind of tech we want our name on. | 我们想要的不就是这种科技吗 |
[06:20] | I need… Look, I need to find a woman. | 我需要一个… 等等 我现在要去找个女人 |
[06:23] | What? | 什么? |
[06:24] | Okay. Hang, hang, hang right here. Hang right here. | 好 等我一下 就在这里 |
[06:26] | Excuse me. Hi, Dr. J. | 不好意思 杰博士 |
[06:28] | Wade McClellan, our CFO, | 韦德·米克龙 我们的首席财务官 |
[06:30] | the CFO of all of Walgreens. | 管理所有沃尔格林公司的财务 |
[06:32] | I need a female point of view. | 我需要女性观点 |
[06:34] | Now, excuse me. | 我先离开一下 |
[06:35] | Imagine a future where you could detect breast cancer | 设想未来你可以在沃尔格林 |
[06:38] | before a mammogram at a Walgreens. | 用X光线就能检测出乳腺癌? |
[06:41] | – That sounds great. – See. | -这太好了 -看到了吗? |
[06:42] | Yeah, I think you’d still probably need the mammogram. | 我想你还是需要做X光检查 |
[06:44] | Thank you! See? She says it sounds great. | 谢谢!看?她说很好吧! |
[06:46] | See what I’m talking about. | 明白我的意思了吧? |
[06:49] | Yeah. Alright, what are their financials? | 好吧 他们财政情况怎么样? |
[06:52] | – I’m looking into it. – They got a windfall of cash | -我正在查 -他们的首席运行官 |
[06:54] | when their COO, Sunny, um, Ba-Ba… | 投入了一大笔钱 叫桑尼 |
[06:56] | – Balwani. – Balwani. Right. | 巴尔瓦尼 巴尔瓦尼 对的 |
[06:58] | Sunny Balwani got there three years ago, | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼是三年前加入的 |
[07:00] | and now they’re just looking for a more permanent deal | 他们现在想签订 |
[07:01] | to, you know, keep investors happy. | 一份长久的交易 来满足投资者 |
[07:05] | So go out there. Where are they? | 所以去…他们在哪里 |
[07:06] | Palo Alto. California, baby. | 帕洛阿尔托 加州 宝贝 |
[07:09] | Say what’s up, dawg? | 冲浪了! |
[07:10] | Go out there and check it out, but hire someone | 那就过去派人查一查 但是 一定要找 |
[07:12] | who knows about labs to take a look at everything. | 了解实验室的人来查看 |
[07:14] | Okay? Who’s that guy we worked with? | 和我们共事的那个人是谁? |
[07:16] | Oh, uh, Kevin. Kev-Kevin Hunter. Hunter. | -凯文吗 凯文·吉特 凯文·亨特 对了 -亨特 |
[07:19] | Who’s Kevin Hunter? | 谁是凯文·亨特? |
[07:33] | You know what? It doesn’t add up. | 这根本说不通 |
[07:35] | Um, excuse me. Hi, can I get a couple more pretzels, please? | 能再给我拿点椒盐饼干吗? |
[07:38] | – Jesus, Kev. – What? | 天哪 凯文 怎么了? |
[07:41] | Hey, why isn’t Theranos just going for | 为什么血液检测公司不直接 |
[07:42] | the straightforward FDA approval? | 申请FDA的批准呢? |
[07:44] | I went over this. | 我查过了 |
[07:46] | While they’re waiting for the FDA to come around, | 他们在等待FDA审核的时候 |
[07:48] | they found a way to move forward without them. | 找到一种不需要经过FDA的方法 |
[07:50] | It’s a workaround. And it’s a legal gray area. | 这也是一种变通 毕竟这是法律灰色区域 |
[07:53] | If you say that the tests are lab developed | 如果你说这些测试是经过 实验室研发的 |
[07:55] | and you can just bypass FDA approval… | 那你就不需要FDA的审批 |
[07:57] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你! |
[08:02] | You storing those up for the winter? | 你要储存食物过冬吗? |
[08:04] | They’re free. | 免费的啊 |
[08:05] | But look, if you, if you say that the tests are lab developed, | 但是如果你说这些测验是实验室研发的 |
[08:08] | that only works if the blood samples are tested | 那么血液样本必须是在授权的实验室中 |
[08:11] | in a certified lab, not in a portable device. | 进行检测的 而不是在移动装备中 |
[08:13] | They’re going to have food there, you know. | 那里有吃的 你知道的吧? |
[08:15] | So then why are they claiming | 那他们为什么要称自己是 |
[08:16] | that they’re doing the testing on a portable device? | 在移动设备上进行的测验呢? |
[08:19] | – Do you see what I’m saying? – Yeah, yeah. But it’s just for now. | 你知道我的意思吧?我明白 但这只是目前 |
[08:23] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[08:28] | Hey. Did you happen to catch the end of The Blind Side? | 嘿 你看到《弱点》的结局了啊? |
[08:32] | I didn’t, I didn’t watch it. | 我没有看 |
[08:35] | Alright, folks, | 好 乘客们 |
[08:36] | we’re going to start preparing for our descent into San Francisco. | 我们要准备开始降落了 目的地是旧金山 |
[08:39] | It’s a beautiful California day. | 今天加州天气很好 |
[08:41] | Sixty-five degrees. | 温度65度 |
[08:51] | Oh, hello, Cynthia. | 嘿 辛西娅 |
[08:53] | You know my name? | 你知道我的名字 |
[08:55] | Most people call me Elizabeth’s new assistant. | 别人都叫我伊丽莎白的助理 |
[08:58] | Tell me, how are things in the carpeted world? | 办公室情况怎么样? |
[09:01] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 大厅要保持通畅 |
[09:02] | We have to keep the lobby clear. | 保安 |
[09:06] | Sorry. It was nice meeting you. | 抱歉 很高兴见到你 |
[09:13] | Has anyone else noticed | 有没有人注意到 |
[09:15] | there seem to be more armed guards in the lobby than usual? | 今天这里比平时有更多的警卫 |
[09:18] | -Hi, Brendan. – Ian. – Always wonderful to see you. | -嘿 布雷登!-伊恩 -很高兴见到你 |
[09:21] | – How are you? – Uh, where are the rest of the tests? | -你好吗? -剩下的测试呢? |
[09:24] | Well, I told you yesterday. | 我告诉过你 |
[09:25] | The assays aren’t ready. | 检测结果还没出来 |
[09:27] | They’re not reproducible in the device. Huge CVs. | 在设备中是无法再生的 |
[09:31] | Okay, well, have you tried approaching the problem systematically, | 好吧 那你试过采取更系统的方法 |
[09:33] | like with a staggered nested design | 比如交错嵌套设计来解决问题吗? |
[09:36] | or are you having more fun just complaining | 还是你觉得抱怨和沏茶 |
[09:38] | and making tea and being so fucking British? | 完全是英国佬那一套更有趣呢? |
[09:41] | I’m having more fun being so fucking British. | 我觉得英国佬挺好的 |
[09:48] | Do you have another mug? | -还有杯子吗? |
[09:52] | – Hey, everyone. – Fuck me, here we go. | -嘿 大家!-该死 -又来了 |
[09:54] | Listen up! | 听好了! |
[09:55] | We are going to have some big meetings in the next couple of days. | 我们要在接下来的几天 和一些人开会 |
[09:58] | – Who are they meeting? – High-level business! | -他们要和谁开会?-高层业务 |
[10:00] | They must be out of money. Again. | 肯定是又没钱了 |
[10:01] | We are going to need you all to stay in the labs | 需要你们都待在实验室 |
[10:05] | unless you are specifically told you can leave. | 除非有命令说你可以离开 |
[10:07] | What if we have to pee-pee? | 那如果我们要上厕所呢? |
[10:09] | Or poo-poo? | 或者拉屎呢? |
[10:10] | It’s just for a few hours, okay? | 只是几个小时而已 好吗? |
[10:12] | Oh, and tacos for dinner tonight? | 对了 今晚是玉米饼之夜 |
[10:14] | Tacos! Oh, tacos make everything better. | 玉米饼吗 哦 这样就好多了! |
[10:18] | Thank you, Daniel! | 谢谢你 丹尼尔! |
[10:22] | Sunny’s fucking minions. | 桑尼的走狗 |
[10:24] | Uh, as far as the assays are concerned, Frances knows where… | 至于检测结果 弗朗西斯知道在哪里… |
[10:27] | Oh, Frances doesn’t work here anymore. | 弗朗西斯已经不在这里工作了 |
[10:30] | – What do you mean? – I mean, Sunny fired her. | 你说什么?桑尼开除了她 |
[10:33] | HR came down and marched her right out the building. | 人事部下来 带她离开了这个大楼 |
[10:35] | – She got disappeared. – Oh, you’re kidding. | -然后她就消失了 -你在开玩笑吧… |
[10:42] | That’s it. That’s it! | 我够了! |
[10:45] | Sunny, I have to speak with you. | 桑尼 我要和你谈谈 |
[10:50] | I understand you’ve let Frances go. | 我知道你开除了弗朗西斯 |
[10:52] | She let her husband into the lab without permission. | 她在不经允许的情况下带她的丈夫 进入了实验室 |
[10:55] | – She was punished. – Punished? | 这是她应受的惩罚 什么惩罚 |
[10:57] | These are scientists, not children. | 他们是科学家 不是小孩子 |
[11:00] | I’m very sorry, but I have to say this. | 我很抱歉 但是 |
[11:02] | Ever since you started working here | 自从你在这里工作 |
[11:04] | the, the joy, the camaraderie has disappeared. | 同事之间的感情都没了! |
[11:09] | Elizabeth won’t talk to me, | 伊丽莎白不和我说话了 |
[11:11] | all she cares about is money and investors. | 她关心的就是金钱和投资者 |
[11:13] | – This is a poisonous… – Ian. We’re done. | -这是种有毒的… -伊恩 我没什么好说的 |
[11:16] | – I have a full day. – Yes, I know you have a big meeting. | 我今天很忙是的 我知道你有个很重要的会议 |
[11:19] | What is that meeting incidentally? Who are you meeting? | 究竟是什么会议?你和谁开会? |
[11:21] | Ian, we’re done. | 伊恩 我没什么要和你说的了 |
[11:24] | Project Beta. What’s Project Beta? | 贝塔计划 什么是贝塔计划? |
[11:26] | You are on a need-to-know basis. | 你有必要知道吗 |
[11:28] | – I’m the head of chemistry. – Go! Now. | -我是化学部的主管! -走! |
[11:32] | You don’t need Frances. | 你不需要弗朗西斯了 |
[11:35] | Hire a new chemist. | 你可以再请一个化学家 |
[11:36] | Everyone is replaceable. | 没谁是不可代替的 |
[11:56] | Check it out. Wow. | 看吧 哇 |
[11:59] | Vidi vici. | “我看 我征服” |
[12:01] | I came, I saw, I conquered. | 我来了 我看见了 我征服了 |
[12:04] | That’s just I saw, I conquered. There’s no veni. | 只是我看见了 我政府了 没有我来了 |
[12:07] | The “came” is implied. | “来”是隐含之意 |
[12:21] | Hello, Walgreens. | 沃尔格林的人 你们好 |
[12:23] | Welcome to Theranos. | 欢迎来到血液检测公司 |
[12:26] | We’re so happy you could make it all this way to California. | 我们很开心你们能来到加州 |
[12:29] | This is Daniel Young, | 他是丹尼尔·杨 |
[12:30] | senior director of Theranos Systems and | 是我们血液检测体系和 |
[12:32] | Computational Biosciences. | 计算机生物化学部的高级主管 |
[12:33] | He comes to us from MIT. | 他是从麻省理工毕业来到我们这的 |
[12:35] | Hey, nice to meet you guys. Jay Rosen. | 嘿 很高兴见到你们 杰·罗森 |
[12:38] | But call me Dr. J because I used to play basketball. | 但是请叫我杰博士 因为我很喜欢打篮球 |
[12:42] | Dr. J was a famous basketball player, | 杰博士是篮球运动员 |
[12:44] | but that he’s not. You’re not. | 但是 他不是…你不是… |
[12:50] | – I’m Roland. Hi. – Hi. | -我是罗兰 嗨 -嗨 |
[12:52] | So do you want to get started by showing us the laboratory? | 你们要先从实验室开始吗? |
[13:00] | I’m Kevin Hunter. | 我是凯文·亨特 |
[13:01] | Walgreens hired me to assess the lab and the tech. | 沃尔格林请我来协助测评你们的实验室和技术 |
[13:05] | Oh, uh, we didn’t realize that you’d be here in person. | 我们不知道你会亲自过来 |
[13:10] | Here I am. | 是的 我来了 |
[13:12] | So… | 那么… |
[13:14] | where is the lab? | 实验室怎么走呢? |
[13:18] | Why don’t we, uh, why don’t we sign some NDAs, | 我们先签订保密协议吧? |
[13:21] | and we’ll have some snacks. | 我们先吃点零食 |
[13:26] | NDAs and snacks. | 保密协议和零食 |
[13:28] | Exciting. | 太好了 |
[13:34] | This place is nice. Who wouldn’t want to work here? | 这个地方不错 谁不愿意在这里工作呢? |
[13:38] | I told you they’d have food. | 我说过了他们有吃的 |
[13:40] | Look, Clif bars. | 看 能量棒 |
[13:42] | Oh, please don’t open that in here. I have a peanut allergy. | 请不要在这里打开 我对花生过敏 |
[13:45] | Did they really think I wasn’t going to come and see the labs? | 他们真的认为我不会来看实验室吗? |
[13:49] | I mean, you don’t think this is suspicious. | 你不觉得这个很让人怀疑吗? |
[13:51] | It’s a start-up. | 这是家初创公司 |
[13:52] | They’re just figuring out some stuff. | 他们还在摸索 |
[13:54] | – When I ran my start-up, I played… – Yeah, when was that? | -我当初开公司的时候 我… -那都什么时候了? |
[13:58] | Back in the ’90s. | 90年代的时候 |
[14:00] | I’m just saying, it’s tough work. Stressful. | 我只是说这个工作很有压力 很难 |
[14:04] | But, wow, I can’t get over this space. | 但是哇 我真的好喜欢这个地方 |
[14:08] | Open floor plan. Very cool. | 开放平面图 太酷了 |
[14:10] | Do you have an open floor plan? | 你有开放平面图吗? |
[14:12] | I have a pharmacy consulting company in Florida, Jay. | 我在佛罗里达州有一家医疗机构 杰 |
[14:15] | You should try it. | 你应该试试平面开放图 |
[14:16] | An open floor plan means people can share, connect. | 就说明大家能共享 分享 |
[14:19] | No hierarchy. Best idea wins. | 没有阶级 谁的观点最好 谁就赢了 |
[14:21] | A lot of security for a place with an open floor plan. | 开放的地方需要更多的监控 |
[14:24] | Yeah, and I tell you what. | 没错 我跟你说 |
[14:25] | You don’t have security like this | 你也不需要这么多的监控 |
[14:27] | if you’re not working on something big. | 但是如果你不是研究很重要的东西 |
[14:28] | Right. That’s right. | 没错 |
[14:29] | Dr. J, could I speak, uh, with you privately? | 杰博士 我能私下和您谈谈吗? |
[14:32] | Sure. | 可以 |
[14:35] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[14:45] | This is about Kevin, isn’t it? | 是关于凯文 对吧? |
[14:47] | Wade wants some assurances that you guys are ready | 韦德需要确保你们已经准备好了 |
[14:50] | to take this into stores. | 能够随时进入商店 |
[14:51] | We just need to look at the labs. | 我们只需要看一下实验室 |
[14:53] | It can be fast. Why not just get it over with? | 很快的 不如我们就速战速决? |
[14:55] | This is serious. | 这很重要 我和你说过 |
[14:57] | I have to talk to you about something very… sensitive. | 一些很敏感的事情 |
[15:01] | Of course. | 是的 |
[15:03] | Does anyone need more juice? | 有人要果汁吗? |
[15:06] | Oh, you know, I’m all filled up. | 不 还有呢 |
[15:10] | My, my security ran a background check on Kevin. | 我让我的小组查了一下凯文的背景 |
[15:13] | Did you know that he used to work at Quest Diagnostics? | 你知道他在奎斯特诊断公司工作过吗 |
[15:15] | Oh, I thought it was serious. | 我以为是是什么大事 |
[15:17] | Yes. We knew that. That’s why we hired him. | 是的 我们知道 所以我们才请他来的 |
[15:20] | Well, between us, we have evidence | 不要告诉别人 但是我们有证据证明 |
[15:22] | that Quest is trying to duplicate our technology for themselves. | 奎斯特诊断公司 想要复制我们的技术 |
[15:26] | Really? What’s the evidence? | 真的吗?证据呢? |
[15:28] | I’m not able to disclose that. I’m sure you understand. | 很抱歉我还不能泄露证据 但是我想你肯定明白 |
[15:31] | P-people do these things. | 大家会这么做的 |
[15:32] | Yeah. Sure. Corporate espionage. | 是的 企业间谍 |
[15:34] | So we’re obviously a little reluctant to have Kevin Hunter | 我们有点不愿意让凯文 |
[15:37] | walk through our labs at this stage. | 查看我们的实验室 |
[15:38] | Wait, you don’t think | 等等 你不是说 |
[15:40] | that he’s still in touch with them, do you? | 他还和奎斯特诊断公司的人有联系吧 |
[15:49] | How long have you known Elizabeth for? | 你认识伊丽莎白多久了 |
[15:51] | – A few years. – Oh, that’s great. | -几年了 -太好了 |
[15:55] | She seems nice. | 她看上去很好 |
[16:00] | Okay, so, Kev, we’re not going to see the labs today, buddy. | 好了 凯 我们今天不能去实验室了 |
[16:06] | What? Why not? | 什么?为什么? |
[16:07] | You didn’t give them enough notice. | 你没提前说 |
[16:09] | Yes, I did. I told your office two weeks ago. | 我说了 两周前我联系过你的办公室 |
[16:11] | I have to see the labs. | 我说要看实验室 |
[16:14] | This, this is why you hired me. | 你请我来就是做这个的 |
[16:16] | It’s the whole reason I’m here. | 这是我来的意义 |
[16:17] | I can’t do my job if I can’t see the labs. | 我如果不看实验室 就不能完成我的工作 |
[16:19] | – Should we, uh, continue the tour? – No! | -我们还要参观吗? -不! |
[16:23] | Do you need something, Kevin? | 你想要什么 凯文? |
[16:26] | I’m sorry, I… | 抱歉 但是我… |
[16:31] | Can I use the bathroom? | 我能去下洗手间吗? |
[16:41] | Let me take you. | 我带你去吧 |
[16:43] | – No, it’s okay, I’ll find it. – Please, I insist. | -没事 我可以找到的 -我坚持带你去 |
[16:57] | You, uh you really don’t have to do this. | 你真的不用这么做的 |
[17:00] | I don’t want you to get lost. | 我不想让你迷路了 |
[17:12] | You coming in with me? | 你要和我进来吗? |
[17:16] | I’ll wait outside. | 我在外面等着 |
[17:47] | You know, I am just trying to do the job you hired me to do. | 我只是想完成你让我做的工作 |
[17:50] | – Thank you. – Very good. | -谢谢 -很好 |
[17:54] | – Is that Jack Dorsey? – Who’s Jack Dorsey? | -那是杰克·多尔西吗?-谁是杰克·多尔西? |
[17:57] | The Twitter guy. | 推特的那个 |
[17:58] | – The Twitter guy? – It is! | -推特的那个 -是的 |
[18:03] | Uh, it’s not. | 不是他 |
[18:04] | I need them to administer a vitamin D test. | 我需要他们进行维生素D的测验 |
[18:06] | I need to see the labs. | 我需要看到实验室 |
[18:07] | – Hey, it’s Wade. Hey, Wade. – Hey. | -是韦德 嘿 韦德!-嘿 |
[18:10] | – Hey, guys. – Hi, Wade. | -嘿!大家 -嗨 韦德 |
[18:11] | – How’s everybody? – You know, you don’t have a chair. | -大家好啊?-你不用椅子的 |
[18:14] | – Go ahead and take mine. – Where are we? | -坐在我这里吧 -我们说到哪里了 |
[18:16] | Fill me in. Oh. | 告诉我 |
[18:17] | – How’d it go with Express Scripts? – Finishing that sandwich? | -快捷药方公司怎么样了?-吃完三明治了吗? |
[18:19] | Any closer to a deal? | 可以成交了吗? |
[18:21] | How was your flight? | 你的航班还顺利吗? |
[18:22] | Who gives a fuck how my flight was. What’s going on? | 谁在意我的航班顺不顺利? |
[18:25] | What’s your assessment of the labs? | 怎么了?你对实验室测评了吗? |
[18:26] | Would you like to tell him? | 你要告诉他吗? |
[18:29] | Yes. They’re very concerned about security. | 好 他们非常介意安全性 |
[18:32] | Okay? They have very strict protocols. | 好吗 他们有严格的准则 |
[18:34] | We didn’t see the labs. | 我们没看到实验室 |
[18:36] | What do you mean you didn’t see the labs? | 你们没看到实验室 什么意思? |
[18:37] | They give us a tour of their offices instead. | 他们带我们参观了办公室 |
[18:39] | And, uh, Sunny Balwani showed us a sleeping bag. | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼让我们看了他的睡袋 |
[18:41] | Why didn’t you see the device? | 你为什么不看装置? |
[18:42] | Honestly, they’re concerned | 实话实说 他们介意 |
[18:44] | that Kevin used to work at Quest. | 凯文以前在奎斯特诊断公司工作 |
[18:46] | Quest is their main competitor. | 奎斯特诊断公司是他们的 主要竞争对手 |
[18:47] | Quest isn’t a competitor. | 奎斯特诊断公司不是竞争对手 |
[18:48] | Quest doesn’t even know that they exist. | 奎斯特诊断公司都不知道 有他们这家公司 |
[18:50] | They are paranoid. He followed me to the bathroom. | 他们就是杞人忧天 他跟着我去上厕所 |
[18:52] | – What? – But did you really have | -什么?-但是你… |
[18:54] | to go to the bathroom? | 真的是要去上厕所吗? |
[18:55] | – That part doesn’t matter. – Who followed you into the bathroom? | -这根本不重要! -谁跟着你去厕所了? |
[18:58] | Sunny Balwani, | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼 |
[18:59] | – the man with the sleeping bag. – Yes, yes. | 就是睡袋男 是的 |
[19:01] | But isn’t the fact that they have | 但是他们如此保密这个事情 |
[19:03] | such tight security proof that they are legitimate? | 难道不证明了他们是非法的吗? |
[19:06] | If they would administer a test and show us the labs, | 如果他们要做测验 让我看看实验室 |
[19:07] | that would prove that they’re legitimate. | 那才能证明他们的合法性 |
[19:09] | You don’t know how these start-ups work. | 你不了解这些新型公司 |
[19:11] | No, I know how labs work, and something is going on here. | 是 但我了解实验室 他们实验室一定有问题 |
[19:14] | Why, why are they not actively seeking FDA approval? | 他们为什么 不主动去申请FDA批准? |
[19:16] | Start-ups make deals before FDA approval all the time. | 新公司在获得FDA 批准之前也可以做交易 |
[19:20] | – Right, but who is vetting them? – Right. | -是的 -但是谁替他们担保?-是啊 |
[19:22] | All we know is what they put in their own literature, | 我们只知道他们 自己说他们… |
[19:24] | th-that Theranos has been, uh, what is it? | 血液检测公司一直是… 什么来着 是… |
[19:28] | Microgreens. Awesome. | 嫩青 很好吃的 |
[19:29] | – What’s microgreens? – Salad. | -什么是嫩青 -就是沙拉 |
[19:31] | “Theranos has been thoroughly validated over the last seven years | 血液检测公司一直 在过去七年不断的经过 |
[19:34] | by a majority of the largest pharmaceutical companies.” | 一系列重大的医疗公司的检测 |
[19:37] | I called the pharma companies, no one will even call me back. | 我给这些医疗公司打电话 但是没人给我回话 |
[19:39] | Look, it’s a risk, but everything is risky right now. | 这确实是个风险 但是一切事情都有风险 |
[19:43] | The economy is tanking. | 经济不断衰退 |
[19:45] | Start-ups are the only thing making money. | 创业公司是我们唯一能赚钱的渠道了 |
[19:47] | Look around this hotel. | 看看这个酒店 |
[19:49] | Twitter is worth $3.6 billion. | 推特价值360亿美元 |
[19:52] | – Twitter’s not taking blood. – UberCab was valued last year… | -推特也不是 -优步出租车去年价值是… |
[19:55] | What’s UberCab? | 什么是优步出租车 |
[19:56] | I believe it’s where it lets you pay for a cab on your phone. | 我想是你可以用手机付款的一个软件 |
[19:59] | – Right? Is that right? – That’s right. | -是吗?是吗?-没错 |
[20:01] | Jesus! I could have thought of that. | 天哪!我的意思是我也可以想到这个? |
[20:03] | You could have used that, right, Wade? | 你倒是可以用的 是吧 韦德? |
[20:07] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[20:09] | Because of that DUI you just got. | 因为你刚刚酒驾 |
[20:16] | Come on, we can laugh about that, right? | 我们可以用这个开玩笑的? |
[20:22] | We’re out of the deal unless we see the device, the labs, everything. | 除非看到了设备 实验室 否则就不能签约 |
[20:25] | Kevin, take the lead. | 凯文 你说了算 |
[20:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:35] | This is spicy. | 这个好辣 |
[20:38] | The client filed 10 months after she claimed. | 顾客在申请了十个月后提出 |
[20:43] | It’s open and shut. | 很清楚的 |
[20:47] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[20:49] | – Nothing. – Ian. | -没什么 -伊恩 |
[20:50] | Well… | 其实… |
[20:54] | They’re holding secret meetings. | 他们在召开秘密会议 |
[20:57] | I don’t understand what they’re about, | 我们不知道是什么 |
[20:59] | but… I don’t have a good feeling. | 但是我有种不好的预感 |
[21:03] | Elizabeth won’t tell you who she’s meeting or why? | 伊丽莎白不告诉你 她和谁见面 为什么见面吗? |
[21:05] | – No, no. – You’re the head of chemistry. | -不 不 -你是化学部的主管 |
[21:07] | I mean, you’ve been working there for years. | 你已经在那里工作了三年了 |
[21:08] | What I don’t understand is that Elizabeth doesn’t talk to me at all. | 你不知道伊丽莎白 已经完全不和我说话了 |
[21:12] | Well, who will talk to you? | 那你可以和谁说话? |
[21:32] | Cynthia. | 辛西娅 |
[21:34] | Ian, hi. | 伊恩!嗨! |
[21:36] | Listen, I know you’re really busy, but I just wondered, uh, | 我知道你很忙 但是我想问一下 |
[21:39] | is everyone here yet for today’s meeting? | 今天来开会的人都到了吗? |
[21:41] | They’re in the conference room. | 他们在会议室呢 |
[21:46] | Elizabeth’s with Sunny finalizing something. | 伊丽莎白和桑尼在一起 |
[21:48] | They should be in there in a minute. | 正在最终敲定一些事情 他们应该很快就来了 |
[21:50] | Were you going to that meeting? I didn’t have your name down. | 你要去吗?我没看到你的名字 |
[21:53] | No, no, no. You, you won’t see my name there. | 不 不 你… 你不会看到我的名字的 |
[21:55] | Um, E-Elizabeth asked if I could go over the presentation materials. | 伊丽莎白让我看一下这些介绍材料 |
[21:59] | I just wondered if you had a copy. | 但是我想问问你有没有复印件 |
[22:03] | Uh, she did say that I should ask you, um, about Project Beta. | 她说我可以问你有关贝塔计划的事情 |
[22:08] | Project Beta. Absolutely. | 贝塔计划吗 当然了 |
[22:17] | Retail pitch deck tailored to Walgreens. | 为沃尔格林量身定做的 零售业推销方案 |
[22:19] | Wal-Walgreens? | 沃尔格林吗? |
[22:21] | Or did you want to see the one for Safeway? | 你还是想看西夫韦的方案? |
[22:24] | No, this is, this is fine. | 不 就是这个 |
[22:31] | I never know what you guys are doing down there in the labs, | 我不知道你们在实验室做什么 |
[22:33] | but it’s so exciting. | 但是太有趣了! |
[22:35] | And Theranos is going to be in stores! Hopefully. | 血液检测公司要进入商店了!希望可以成功吧 |
[22:39] | Let’s see how the next couple days go. | 看接下来两天进展怎么样吧 |
[22:46] | Thank you, Cynthia. | 谢谢你 辛西娅 |
[22:49] | Oh, I think they’re coming out now. | 没事 他们现在出来了 |
[22:51] | Did you want to give her your thoughts? | 你想告诉他们你的想法吗 |
[23:08] | Gentlemen. Hello, hello, hello. Hello, Wade. | 先生们 嗨 嗨 嗨 韦德 |
[23:11] | We are so happy you can join us here. | 我们很开心你们能来 |
[23:13] | Great, thanks. But I want to talk to you about why my… | 太好了 谢谢 但是我想告诉您为什么我们… |
[23:15] | Actually, we, uh, we’d like to present to you something very special. | 我们想给您看一些特别的东西 |
[23:19] | In World War II, Walgreens put up a nonprofit pharmacy in the Pentagon | 在二战期间 沃尔格林在五角大楼成立了一家药店 |
[23:24] | to give servicemen the medicine they needed. | 为军人们提供需要的药品 |
[23:26] | And in the same spirit of patriotism, | 本着同样的爱国精神 |
[23:29] | on behalf of all of us here at Theranos, | 我谨代表本公司的所有员工 |
[23:32] | we would like you to have this. | 我们想送给你这个 |
[23:36] | This flag was just flown over the battlefields of Afghanistan. | 这面旗帜刚刚在阿富汗的战场上升起 |
[23:41] | Wow. | 哇 |
[23:42] | General Mattis has joined our board. | 马提斯将军刚加入了我们董事会 |
[23:45] | As you can see, Elizabeth has signed the flag, | 你也可以看到 伊丽莎白在这面旗上签了字 |
[23:48] | especially for you, Wade. | 这是特别送给您的 韦德先生 |
[23:51] | – You autographed a flag. – This is great. Thanks. | -你在旗上面签字了?-这太好了 谢谢 |
[23:54] | But we need to see the labs. | 但是我们还是需要看实验室 |
[23:56] | Wade, it’s not possible unless we have a deal in place. | 韦德先生 除非我们签订了协议 否则这是不可能的 |
[24:01] | Shall we discuss over dinner? | 我们能否在晚餐的时候再讨论呢 |
[24:03] | – We have… – Reservations right now | -我们… -我们已经在 |
[24:05] | at one of the best restaurants in the city. | 我们这里最好的饭店 订了位置 |
[24:08] | Right now? It’s 3:30. | 现在吗?才三点半 |
[24:10] | We have a private room. | 我们有私人房间 |
[24:12] | For security reasons, we recommend leaving at staggered intervals | 为了确保安全 我们建议最好还是错开时间出去 |
[24:14] | so no one will see us together. | 这样就没人能看见我们在一起 |
[24:16] | Oh, great idea. Should we? | 好主意 那我们… |
[24:18] | I mean, do you want us to go first or… | 你想我们先走还是 |
[24:21] | Looks like this place has some really good reviews on Yelp. | 这个地方在点评网上的评论不错 |
[24:23] | Does it say if they have, like, teriyaki or something? | 有没有提到这里有照烧之类的东西吗 |
[24:25] | Oh, don’t ask for teriyaki. | 哦 不要照烧 |
[24:27] | – Why? – There’s teriya… they do teriyaki. | -为什么? -照烧 他们这里有 |
[24:28] | Yeah, but this is like the premier sushi restaurant in town. | 但是这里是做好的寿司店 |
[24:31] | You don’t want to order teriyaki. | 你怎么能就要照烧呢 |
[24:33] | – You can get teriyaki. – I’ve never had sushi. | -嘿 你可以点照烧的 -我从来没吃过寿司 |
[24:35] | No, it’s insulting. It’s like ordering a cheeseburger. | 这和点奶酪汉堡一样丢人 |
[24:37] | I had teriyaki in Tokyo. It was fine. | 不 我在日本吃过照烧 还不错 |
[24:39] | Hey, Wade. | 嘿 韦德! |
[24:41] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, Wade. | -嘿 -嘿 韦德 |
[24:43] | Oh, it’s a big fucking secret they’re here. | 好像他们来这里是什么大秘密… |
[24:45] | I mean, that’s the most recognizable car I’ve ever seen. | 那是我见过的最拉风的车 |
[24:48] | It’s cool, though, huh? | 但是很酷 是吧 韦德 |
[24:50] | You know, Wade, it’s really good that they’re being so careful | 他们小心点也是好事 因为你 |
[24:52] | because you never know who’s watching you in Silicon Valley. | 永远不知道在硅谷有谁在盯着你 |
[24:56] | Jay, this is ridiculous, okay. They’re stalling. | 杰 这太可笑了 好吧 他们在拖延时间 |
[24:58] | And if they can’t commit to showing us the labs at this dinner, | 如果他们在晚饭的时候还不答应让 我们看实验室 |
[25:02] | we’re walking, understood? | 我们就可以走了 明白吗 |
[25:03] | – Good. – Okay? Alright, let’s go. | -好的 -好了 走吧 |
[25:05] | – Thank you. – Come on. | -谢谢 -走吧 |
[25:06] | Give us some sort of a signal if you want us to leave. | 如果你要我们离开 就给我们个暗号 |
[25:12] | I think that’s a Countach. It’s a style of Lamborghini. | 我觉得好像是兰博基尼的极速跑车 |
[25:15] | They, uh, they gave us a code name for the reservation. | 他们告诉了我们预定留的信息 |
[25:19] | Oh, Jesus. What? | 哦 天哪 是什么来着? |
[25:22] | Project Beta. | 贝特项目 |
[25:31] | So this is the number one place in town? | 这就是这里最好的饭店了吗? |
[25:40] | Two steps. | 台阶… |
[25:42] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[25:45] | So what are we eating? | 我们吃什么? |
[25:46] | Does everyone like hamachi kama? | 大家都喜欢烤鱼下巴吗? |
[25:48] | Oh, my favorite. | 我的最爱 |
[25:50] | It’s yellowtail cheeks. | 是鰤鱼脸部 |
[25:53] | Um, you… | 我们要不要坐下 还是… |
[25:55] | – Should we sit? – Okay. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, sure. | 好的 坐下 坐下 |
[25:58] | Okay. I’ll go over here. | 好的 我去这里 |
[25:59] | Okay. | 好了 |
[26:05] | – You alright? Oops. – I’m fine. I’m fine. | -你还好吗?-我没事 没事 |
[26:08] | – Okay? Alright. – Yup. | -你还好吗? -没事 -好了 |
[26:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:33] | So what’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[26:37] | – Um… – Ian, what is it? Is it the, the cancer? | 伊恩 怎么了?是癌症吗? |
[26:40] | No. No, no, no. It’s, it’s… | 不 不 不是!是… |
[26:44] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白吗 |
[26:47] | I’m concerned. | 我很担心 |
[26:50] | Well, then I’m concerned. | 那我也应该担心了 |
[26:52] | Things… | 事情… |
[26:55] | Things have changed so much. | 事情发展的太快了 |
[26:57] | She’s changed so much. | 她变了好多 |
[26:59] | The voice, the turtleneck, her whole demeanor. | 她的声音 她的高领衣服 她的整体行为 |
[27:03] | And Sunny, problematic. | 还有桑尼 也是个问题 |
[27:07] | He’s not everyone’s cup of tea. | 不是所有人都喜欢他 |
[27:09] | It’s not just him. | 不只是他 |
[27:12] | What has she told you? | 她告诉你什么了? |
[27:13] | About Sunny? | 有关于桑尼吗? |
[27:14] | No, about… what’s happening? | 不!是… 血液检测公司 |
[27:19] | At Theranos? | 发生了什么 |
[27:21] | I know everything you know. | 你知道的就是我所知道的 |
[27:26] | Ian, talk to me. | 伊恩 告诉我 |
[27:28] | If there’s something wrong, I want to know. | 如果出了什么事情 我想知道 |
[27:29] | – I brought you into this. – I know. | 是我把你牵扯进来的 我知道 |
[27:31] | I wanted to do this with you. | 我想和你一起分享 |
[27:33] | I know! | 我知道 |
[27:34] | Well, then, so if there’s something that… | 那如果有什么事情 |
[27:36] | She’s planning to put the machines into stores. | 她计划想把机器在商店里上架 |
[27:42] | With actual patients! | 在真实的病人身上进行实验 |
[27:44] | Patients, Channing! | 病人们啊 钱宁! |
[27:47] | Oh, this is about Walgreens? | 所以是关于沃尔格林的 |
[27:51] | Did you know about that? | 你知道吗? |
[27:52] | Of course. I’m on the board. | 当然了 我是董事会的 |
[27:59] | And… and you’re all… you’re all okay with it? | 那你… 你觉得没问题吗? |
[28:03] | Of course, we are. | 当然不是 |
[28:06] | From what I understand, the technology is almost there, | 据我所知 现在技术已经成熟了 |
[28:08] | and once it’s out there, she wants to try to expand the board, | 一旦推出后 她想扩大董事会 |
[28:13] | make some government connections, | 和政府建立关系 |
[28:14] | try to fast track the regulatory process. | 加快审批的进程 |
[28:17] | What… W-what’s, what’s the problem? | 哪儿有问题? |
[28:22] | What’s the problem? | 哪儿有问题? |
[28:25] | The technology doesn’t work. It’s years away. | 技术根本不行 我们至少还得好几年才可以 |
[28:28] | People will be at risk. | 这样人们会有风险的 |
[28:30] | Actual people, Channing. Actual… people. | 活生生的人 钱宁 活生生的人 |
[28:40] | Do we put soy sauce on this? | 这个上面放酱汁吗? |
[28:42] | Just, just so I’m clear, | 我想理清楚 |
[28:44] | when you’re doing the PT test, | 你们在做覆盖率测试的时候 |
[28:45] | you’re adding the tissue factor during the CBC. | 是在全部血液细胞中加入组织因子吗 |
[28:49] | What about the anticoagulants? | 那抗凝血剂呢? |
[28:51] | That’s proprietary information. | 这是私密信息 |
[28:53] | Well, is it proprietary information | 那我知道你和西夫韦的 |
[28:56] | that I know you’re talking to Steve Burd at Safeway? | 史蒂夫·伯德联系也是私密信息吗? |
[28:59] | Are you playing us? | 你是在玩我们吗? |
[29:01] | Because Safeway is a grocery, | 因为西夫韦是百货超市 |
[29:02] | and we’re a drug store. | 而我们是药店 |
[29:04] | So how wide a net are you casting exactly? | 你到底想撒多大的网? |
[29:07] | As wide a net as we want. | 越大越好 |
[29:09] | Our technology is extremely valuable. | 我们的技术十分宝贵 |
[29:11] | Really? Because I don’t think you’re acting like a company | 真的吗 我觉得你们不像一家 |
[29:15] | that’s financially solvent. | 财政稳定的公司 |
[29:17] | I think you guys burn through money fast, | 我猜你们是太快的挥霍光了资金 |
[29:19] | and now you’re groping around for a lifeline. | 现在你们想找一条救生船 |
[29:29] | We’re not the ones in need of a lifeline here, Wade. | 不是我们需要求生 韦德 |
[29:32] | Oh yeah? | 是吗? |
[29:34] | Why were you a day late to our meeting? | 你为什么今早会议迟到了? |
[29:37] | That’s proprietary information. | 这是私人信息 |
[29:42] | You were in the middle of trying to renegotiate your deal | 因为你正在和快捷药方公司 |
[29:45] | with Express Scripts. | 重新洽谈交易 |
[29:49] | Express Scripts is, what, seven percent of your revenue, | 快捷药方公司相当于 你收入的百分之七吧 |
[29:53] | and, and they know that. | 他们也知道 |
[29:54] | And now they’re gouging you | 他们代表所有的 |
[29:56] | on behalf of the pharmaceutical companies. | 医疗公司 正在掠夺你们 |
[29:58] | And you have to eat it. | 而你别无他法 |
[30:01] | So you’re going to have to find a new source of revenue. | 所以你需要找到新的收入渠道 |
[30:06] | For example, a wellness center. | 例如 健康中心 |
[30:08] | Oh, you’re good. | 你很厉害 |
[30:11] | She’s good. | 她很厉害的 |
[30:12] | Everyone is saying wellness, what does wellness even mean? | 每个人都在说健康中心 什么是健康中心? |
[30:15] | – To be well. – Guys, okay. | -就是健康 -好了 |
[30:17] | So what else do you know about us? | 你还知道我们什么? |
[30:19] | – Retail’s in freefall. – Yeah, it’s a recession. | -零售业日渐衰退 -是啊 现在是经济萧条 |
[30:21] | And yet CVS’s share of prescription revenue | 但是CVS的药物收入股票 |
[30:25] | has risen in the past year. | 去年却有所上升 |
[30:26] | CVS sucks. We hate CVS. | CVS太恶心了 我们讨厌CVS |
[30:28] | Are you talking to them? Are you talking to CVS? | 你联系他们了吗?你联系他们了吗? |
[30:31] | As I said, we are looking for the right partners, | 正如我们所说 我们在寻找合适的伙伴 |
[30:34] | partners who understand our vision. | 寻找可以明白我们梦想的伙伴 |
[30:37] | So you’re not going to tell us who you’re talking to. | 所以你不会告诉我们你都联系了谁? |
[30:44] | I went to your website, | 我去看了你们的网站 |
[30:46] | and I saw that you are really embracing widgets. | 你们真的加了很多的小程序 |
[30:50] | Is that, is that how you’re going to compete with Amazon | 这就是你们和亚马逊竞争的方式吗? |
[30:52] | because I think that you know, Wade, | 因为我想你也只知道 韦德 |
[30:54] | that you need to make a big move | 你需要做出大的改变 |
[30:56] | and you need to make that soon. | 而且要快 |
[31:02] | Well, I can’t make any moves until Kevin can assess the lab. | 除非凯文看了实验室 否则我没办法 做出大的改变 |
[31:07] | Yes, please. | 是的 拜托你们了 |
[31:13] | Tomorrow morning? | 明天早上可以吗? |
[31:15] | Tomorrow morning. | 明天早上 |
[31:17] | – That’s a guarantee? – Can we get that in writing? | -就这么说定了?-能写下来吗? |
[31:24] | Uh, you’ll have to excuse me. | 不好意思 我要离开一下 |
[31:37] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[31:40] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[31:41] | I hear you wanted to speak with me. | 我听说你想和我谈谈 |
[31:46] | Where did, where did you hear that? | 谁告诉你的? |
[31:48] | From Channing Robertson? He called me. | 钱宁·罗伯逊 他给我打电话了 |
[31:53] | Channing called you? | 钱宁给你打电话了? |
[31:55] | You went to a board member behind my back. | 你背着我去找董事会成员 |
[32:00] | But Channing is one of my oldest friends. | 但是钱宁是我们的老朋友 |
[32:01] | You went behind my back. | 重点是你背着我 |
[32:04] | I-I would have gone just to you, but… | 我想告诉你的 但是 |
[32:07] | Well, we don’t speak anymore, do we? | 我们已经不说话了 不是吗? |
[32:11] | And ever since Sunny started… | 自从桑尼 |
[32:13] | Don’t blame this on Sunny. He’s… | 不要把这个怪到桑尼身上 |
[32:16] | He kept this company alive, okay. | 是他维持这个公司的 不是吗? |
[32:17] | He understands the business. | 他知道怎么管理公司 |
[32:19] | You can’t put this in stores! | 你不能在商店里卖这个 |
[32:23] | You can’t let people, human beings, | 你不能让无辜的人们 |
[32:28] | be tested with this machine. | 用这个机器检测 |
[32:30] | What… what do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做? |
[32:34] | I’m trying to keep your research funded. | 我是给你的研究提供资金 |
[32:36] | It’s not about my research! | 重点不是我的研究 |
[32:38] | We need a long-term contract. | 我们需要长期合同 |
[32:40] | No. No! | 不 不 |
[32:41] | Which we couldn’t get from pharmaceutical companies. | 但是医疗公司不肯和我们签订 |
[32:43] | – No. – So now we’re trying with retail. | -不! -所以我们想 |
[32:44] | You must get your money from somewhere else. You’ve done it before. | 你必须从别的地方找到资金 你以前也这么做过 |
[32:46] | I don’t need your advice on this, Ian. | 我不需要你多大建议 伊恩 |
[32:49] | You don’t understand the business. | 你不明白怎么管理公司 |
[32:50] | And you don’t understand the science! | 你也不明白科学! |
[33:00] | You don’t understand the implications of what you’re doing. | 你不明白你这么做的代价 |
[33:04] | No. You’re wrong. | 不 你说错了 |
[33:09] | I understand exactly what I’m doing. | 我非常清楚我所做的 |
[33:16] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[33:19] | No. You can’t… | 不 你不能 |
[33:22] | We built this together. | 这是我们一起创立的 |
[33:24] | I-I’m part of this. | 我是这其中一部分 |
[33:26] | No, we don’t share the same vision anymore. | 不 我们的梦想已经不同了 |
[33:30] | I need to work. I, I want to work. | 我需要工作 我想要工作 |
[33:34] | Your belongings will be sent to your home address, | 你的物品 会给你邮到你的家里 |
[33:36] | and you will sign the paperwork | 你要立即 |
[33:38] | that the legal team sends to you immediately. | 签署法律部给你的文件 |
[33:40] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[33:57] | Go. You need to, you need to leave. | 走吧 你快走吧 |
[34:00] | I don’t need to be escorted out. | 我不需要被送出去 |
[34:02] | It’s protocol. | 这是原则 |
[34:34] | Oh, my god Ian. | 哦 天哪 伊恩… |
[34:48] | When did you get home? | 你什么时候回来的? |
[34:52] | Ian. What’s going on? | 伊恩 怎么了? |
[34:56] | How much did you drink? | 你喝了多少酒? |
[34:59] | She fired me. | 她炒了我 |
[35:02] | What? Who fired you? Elizabeth? | 什么?谁?伊丽莎白吗? |
[35:06] | I went to see Channing | 我去见了钱宁 |
[35:09] | – to tell him what was going on. – Mm-hmm. | 告诉他这一切… |
[35:13] | And it turns out he can’t keep a secret. | 但是他根本就是个大嘴 |
[35:15] | Jesus Christ! Fucking Channing. | 天啊 该死的钱宁! |
[35:20] | And the, the silly thing is | 还有 很傻的是… |
[35:25] | I thought she was my friend. | 我以为她是我的朋友 |
[35:29] | You need to lie down, Ian. | 你躺一会儿吧 伊恩 |
[35:32] | You need to sleep this off. | 你睡一觉就好了 |
[35:39] | I believed in her. | 我相信她的 |
[35:42] | I looked in her eyes and I thought, | 我看着她的眼睛 我以为… |
[35:46] | I thought I could see the future. | 我以为我看到了未来 |
[35:54] | – Sleep, love. – I’m pathetic. | -睡吧 亲爱的 -我太可怜了 |
[35:56] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[35:58] | I believed in her. | 我那么相信她 |
[36:23] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[36:26] | Get back to your labs. | 回去实验室! |
[36:31] | It’s against protocol to talk to anyone outside your department. | 和不是同一部门的人说话 是违反原则的 |
[36:33] | Did you fire Ian Gibbons? | 你炒了伊恩·吉本斯吗? |
[36:35] | Get back to your lab, Brendan. | 布雷登 回去你的实验室 |
[36:37] | If you fired Ian, you’ll have to fire me. | 如果你炒了伊恩 那你也炒了我吧 |
[36:39] | You want to fire me? | 你想炒了我吗? |
[36:41] | You might find you’ll have to fire a few people, isn’t that right? | 你可能还要炒了一些人 是吗? |
[37:08] | – Hello. – Ian. | -你好 -伊恩 |
[37:11] | Ian, hi, it’s Sunny. | 伊恩 我是桑尼 |
[37:14] | Elizabeth feels terrible about what happened, | 伊丽莎白对她做的事情 |
[37:17] | and she’d like you to come back to work. | 感到很抱歉 她想让你回来 |
[37:20] | What? El… Elizabeth wants me back? | 什么 伊丽莎白让我回去吗? |
[37:24] | She does. | 是的 |
[37:26] | And we all know how important you are to your team | 我们都知道你对我们多重要 |
[37:29] | and to this company. | 对我们公司多重要 |
[37:32] | We need you, and you need us. | 我们彼此需要 |
[37:39] | And, and will I still have the same position I had before. | 那我还是原来的职位吗? |
[37:45] | Uh, they’re both here. | 他们都来了 |
[37:48] | We’ll talk about it when you get here, Ian. | 你来了之后我们再聊 伊恩 |
[37:52] | It’s good talking to you. | 很高兴和你说话 |
[38:00] | What do you want to do today? | 你今天想要做什么? |
[38:06] | – Then I worked out. – That’s great. | -然后我运动了 然后… -这太好了 |
[38:08] | I… so I did use the gym. | 我确实去了健身房 |
[38:10] | Good protein and then you worked out. | 优质蛋白再加上健身? |
[38:12] | – Yeah. – That’s great. I swam. | -是的 -太棒了 |
[38:13] | No, I did the whole thing. I did… | -不 我都做了 -我去游泳了 |
[38:15] | What? | 什么? |
[38:19] | – Is that… – Steve Burd. | -这是… -史蒂夫·伯德 |
[38:21] | Safeway. | 西夫韦公司 |
[38:22] | What the fuck? | 怎么回事? |
[38:29] | What the fuck? | 怎么回事? |
[38:44] | Hey, guys. If you don’t mind, can I have you come wait | 嘿 如果你们不介意 |
[38:46] | in the brainstorming room? | 能否在构思屋等一会儿呢? |
[39:03] | What time is it? | 现在几点了? |
[39:05] | Eleven-oh-six. | 十一点零六 |
[39:06] | We’ve been sitting on these balls for an hour and a half. | 我们已经坐在这个球上一个半小时了 |
[39:10] | She doesn’t get to treat us like this. | 她凭什么这么对我们 |
[39:12] | We’re fucking Walgreens, and we’re walking! | 我们是沃尔格林 我们应该离开 |
[39:15] | Whoa, hold on. Give ’em, give ’em a chance. | 等等 给他们个机会 |
[39:17] | I’ve given them a chance, Jay. Too many chances. | 杰 我给了他们机会 太多的机会 |
[39:19] | Enough’s enough. | 终于 |
[39:21] | Oh, there you are. We’ve been sitting here for over an hour and a half. | 我们已经等了一个半小时了 |
[39:24] | I’m so sorry for the delay. | 很抱歉我们来晚了 |
[39:26] | I, I wanted to deliver the news to you in person. | 我想亲自告诉你们 |
[39:29] | I don’t think that this is going to work out. | 但是我想我们可能不能合作了 |
[39:32] | What do you mean? What’s, what’s not going to work out? | 你什么意思 什么叫不能合作了 |
[39:34] | – The partnership. – What? | -我们不能成为搭档了 -什么? |
[39:37] | I think that Walgreens is a little old-fashioned in culture. | 我认为沃尔格林文化守旧 |
[39:41] | Which I absolutely respect. | 当然了我尊重你们的文化 |
[39:43] | But we need synergy. | 但是我需要找个能和我同步的的搭档 |
[39:46] | And I’m not feeling a synergy here. | 我认为我们并不同步 |
[39:53] | Your reputation is about to eat shit. | 你们的名声算完了 |
[39:56] | – You know that, right? – Before you go, | -你知道吗 -在你们走之前 |
[39:59] | we’re going to need you to sign another NDA. | 需要签一份保密协议 |
[40:11] | Well, congratulations, Steve, I guess you won. | 史蒂夫 祝贺你 你赢了 |
[40:14] | Good luck with that one. What a nightmare. | 祝你好运 简直是噩梦 |
[40:16] | What the hell are you talking about? She turned us down. | 你到底在说什么 她拒绝了我们 |
[40:20] | I thought she went with you. | 我以为她选了你 |
[40:22] | Your flight will start boarding in about 45 minutes. | 你的航班45分钟后登机 |
[40:24] | Will the car be waiting for us in Boston? | 到了波士顿 会有车吗? |
[40:26] | Yeah. A limo will meet you right on the tarmac. | 是的 一辆豪华轿车在路边等您 |
[40:29] | And it should be an hour drive after that. | 车程大概一个小时左右 |
[40:31] | Oh, and you’re already checked into the hotel. | 我已经预定了酒店 |
[40:33] | Okay, thank you, Cynthia. | 谢谢你 辛西娅 |
[40:35] | Have a nice trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[40:39] | CVS. | 是CVS |
[40:42] | CVS is an hour from Boston. | CVS从波士顿出发大约要开一个小时 |
[40:47] | Fuck this, man. | 该死 我们走吧 |
[40:49] | Fuck her. We’re done. | 去她的 我们完了 |
[41:10] | Well, I’m relieved. | 如释重负啊 |
[41:38] | Okay, stop the car. | 好了 停车 |
[41:40] | – What, what? – Roland, stop the car, man! | -什么?什么? -罗兰 停车! |
[41:43] | – Okay, okay! – Stop the car. | -好了 停车了 -罗兰 停车 停车 |
[41:48] | – Hey, Wade! – I don’t know… | 天哪 韦德!我不明白 |
[41:51] | Wade! Wait, wait. | 韦德!等等!等等! |
[41:57] | What the hell is he doing? | 他要干什么? |
[42:03] | You have got to make an offer. | 你一定要和他们提出申请 |
[42:04] | No. No, no. After all that. | 不 都已经这样了? |
[42:08] | Oh, I know, yeah. He’s throwing a Hail Mary. | 我知道 他是做最后一搏了 |
[42:14] | It’s too risky. I’ve got to present to the board. | 太冒险了 我要和董事会报备 |
[42:17] | – I’ve got to take it all… – Oh Jesus, this guy, shit. | -我必须要考虑… -天哪 这人 |
[42:19] | He’s so relentless. Sir, please lock the doors. | 他怎么这么锲而不舍 先生 请锁上门 |
[42:25] | Excuse me. Is this a meeting? | 你们是开会吗? |
[42:27] | If it is, I feel like maybe I should be… | 如果是的话 我也要参加 |
[42:29] | She’s going to CVS. | 她要去CVS了 |
[42:31] | No, she’s bluffing. | 不 她是虚张声势 |
[42:32] | Maybe she is bluffing, maybe she’s not. | 可能是 也可能不是 |
[42:34] | We still haven’t seen the labs. | 我还没看到实验室 |
[42:35] | We’ll see the labs. I’ll make sure of it. | 我们会看到实验室的 我保证 |
[42:37] | But that’s not what’s going on here I think. | 但是现在情况不是这样 |
[42:38] | I think that you’re scared. | 我想你是害怕了 |
[42:40] | I’m not spending millions on this just because you call me chicken shit. | 我不会因为你叫我胆小鬼 就投资几十亿美元 |
[42:43] | No, I’m saying I’m chicken shit, too. | 不 我是说我很胆小 |
[42:46] | There’s kids here running billion-dollar companies. | 这些孩子们管理着上亿的公司 |
[42:49] | It’s all changed, and everything’s changing. | 所有的一切都变了 |
[42:51] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[42:54] | It’s a new world. | 这是个新的世界 |
[42:56] | These kids, they don’t overthink, they don’t get bogged down | 这些孩子可不会犹豫 他们不会因为以前 |
[42:59] | in the way things always used to be done. | 守旧的方法而停滞不前 |
[43:01] | They don’t want review committees, bureaucracy. | 他们不要审查委员会 不要官僚主义 |
[43:03] | They want to get things done now. | 他们就要完成任务 |
[43:06] | We’re old, Wade. | 我们老了 韦德 |
[43:08] | We’re dinosaurs. | 我们是老古董了 |
[43:10] | It’s just like that song. | 就像歌里写的那样 |
[43:12] | Do you ever feel like a plastic bag | “你是否感觉自己就像塑料袋” |
[43:14] | drifting through the wind wanting to start again? | “随风飘扬 想要重新开始” |
[43:18] | – What? – The truth is, they’re coming for us. | -什么 -事实是他们来找我们了 |
[43:23] | And if you walk away now, | 如果你拒绝了 |
[43:25] | they’ll run right over you. | 他们就会彻底碾压你 |
[43:33] | Hi. Thank you. | 嗨 谢谢 |
[43:35] | Wade, I’m just, I’m telling you, I think it’s too dangerous. | 韦德 我想说 我认为这太冒险了 |
[44:00] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:03] | You’re so great. Thank you. | 干得好 谢谢 |
[44:08] | We should, um, we should get back to work, eh? | 我们去工作吧 |
[44:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[44:13] | – Mr. Gibbons. – Yeah. | -吉本斯先生 -怎么了? |
[44:15] | I need you to follow me. | 请你和我来 |
[44:29] | – This is your new desk. – But-but my lab’s downstairs. | -这是你的新桌子 -但是我的实验室在楼下 |
[44:33] | Will-will this get me into my lab? | 这个能帮我回到实验室吗? |
[44:36] | Will I be able to work in my… | 我能在… |
[44:39] | lab? | 实验室工作吗 |
[45:13] | You know, in the mid-’80s, | 你知道吗 在80年代 |
[45:17] | under President Reagan, | 在里根总统的带领下 |
[45:18] | I, I worked on the issue of Soviet Jewry, | 我一直在研究苏联犹太人的问题 |
[45:21] | trying to win their freedom from the USSR. | 想要帮助他们摆脱苏联的掌控 |
[45:24] | And there was one particular person | 我在莫斯科遇到了一个特殊的人 |
[45:28] | I had met in Moscow but lost track of. | 但是我们已经没有了联系 |
[45:34] | A refusenik, as they were called. | 就是他们所说的反抗者 |
[45:37] | I thought for certain she was dead. | 我以为她肯定死了 |
[45:40] | But one day, | 但是有一天 |
[45:43] | I’m in my office in the White House and the phone rings, | 我正在白宫的办公室 电话响了 |
[45:48] | and there’s this familiar little voice on the other end. | 电话的另一头传来熟悉的声音 |
[45:52] | And she says, “George, it’s Ida, and I’m in Jerusalem.” | 她说“乔治 我是艾达 我在耶路撒冷” |
[46:02] | So… | 所以… |
[46:05] | at least one person was better off, | 至少有一个人过的更好了 |
[46:09] | and I had something to do with it. | 这和我有关系 |
[46:13] | In the end, what matters most, | 最后 最重要的 |
[46:17] | what moves you the most, always, | 最能驱动你的 |
[46:21] | has a human face. | 一定是人 |
[46:24] | That’s a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it. | 这是个很美好的故事 感谢你的分享 |
[46:27] | I don’t know why I’ve been rambling on. Forgive me. | 我不知道为什么我絮叨了这么多 请原谅我 |
[46:32] | I haven’t thought of it in years. | 我已经很多年没想过这件事了 |
[46:34] | But I guess there’s something about you. | 但是我想这肯定和你有关 |
[46:39] | You know, that’s exactly why I think Walgreens and Safeway | 我认为正是如此 沃尔格林和西夫韦 |
[46:43] | both decided to invest millions of dollars in the company. | 才会都决定投资数十亿在你们公司 |
[46:48] | Because of the human element. | 因为人性 |
[46:50] | We are looking to make a strategic connection in government | 我们想要和政府建立联系 |
[46:55] | to move along the regulatory process with the FDA. | 加快FDA审批的进程 |
[47:01] | If you would even consider it, | 如果您愿意考虑的话 |
[47:05] | having George Shultz with us would be a game changer. | 有乔治·舒尔茨加入我们 一切都会不一样 |
[47:09] | Me? You want an old man? | 我?你想要一个老人吗? |
[47:13] | I’m 90 years old. | 我都90岁了 |
[47:14] | Mr. Schultz, you are a force of nature, | 舒尔茨先生 你精力充沛 |
[47:19] | and it’s inspiring just being in your presence. | 和你在一起可以鼓励我们 |
[47:25] | I must say, | 我必须说 |
[47:28] | I have never met anyone quite like you, Mrs. Holmes. | 我从没见过像你这样的人 霍姆斯小姐 |
[47:34] | I want to thank this guy, Dr. Jay Rosen, get up here, | 我要感谢这个人 杰·罗森博士 上来 |
[47:38] | Get up here. | 上来 |
[47:40] | Come here. Come on, come on. Come on. | 过来 过来 |
[47:43] | Now we got to thank this guy | 我们要感谢这个人 |
[47:45] | for his hard work to make this partnership a reality. | 有了他的辛勤努力 我们的合作才能实现 |
[47:49] | Amazing. Amazing. Project Beta! | 贝特项目 太棒了 贝特项目 |
[47:53] | You know, we’re still waiting to get those sample tests on the device. | 你知道 我们还在等这些样本结果 |
[47:57] | When do you think we’ll get those? | 你觉得我们什么时候能拿到? |
[48:00] | Come on, Elizabeth. | 去吧 伊丽莎白 |
[48:06] | Elizabeth Holmes. | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[48:07] | – Paging Elizabeth Holmes. – Elizabeth Holmes. | -呼叫伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 -伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[48:10] | Since you created something special for us, | 你为我们带来了如此特殊的礼物 |
[48:14] | we wanted to create something special for you. | 我们也想为你带来一些特殊的东西 |
[48:18] | Are you ready, Roland? | 罗兰 准备好了吗 |
[48:20] | Hit it. | 开始 |
[48:27] | Hey | 嘿 |
[48:32] | Hey | 嘿! |
[48:38] | What I like about blood | 我最喜欢 |
[48:41] | You just need one drop | 只需要一滴血 |
[48:43] | One drop, baby | 宝贝 一滴血哦! |
[48:45] | Put it in the box and then | 放进盒子里 |
[48:47] | You get your results | 你就能拿到结果 |
[48:49] | Yeah | 是的 |
[48:51] | Low-cost testing for all the blood | 低廉的血液检测 |
[48:54] | Tell us all the things that we want to know | 告诉我们想知道的一切 |
[48:59] | That’s what I like about blood | 我最喜欢 |
[49:01] | Yeah | 是的 |
[49:08] | Yeah! | 是的 |