时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Hello, Walgreens! | 嗨 沃尔格林 |
[00:02] | Welcome to Theranos. | 欢迎来到血液检测公司 |
[00:03] | Theranos is gonna be in stores! | 血液检测公司就要进军商店了! |
[00:05] | Retail is in freefall. | 零售行业逐步衰退 |
[00:06] | So you’re going to have to find a new source of revenue. | 所以 你们需要找到另一种收入方式 |
[00:09] | For example, a wellness center. | 比如健康中心 |
[00:10] | You can’t put this in stores! | 你不能把这个在商店中上架 |
[00:14] | – You’re fired. – If you fire Ian, | -你被解雇了 -如果你解雇了伊恩 |
[00:16] | you’ll have to fire me. | 我也离开 |
[00:18] | You wanna fire me? | 你要解雇我吗? |
[00:19] | This is your new desk. | 这是你的新桌子 |
[00:20] | But, but my lab’s downstairs. | 但是我的工作都在楼下 |
[00:22] | Project Beta! | 贝塔项目! |
[00:25] | We are looking to make a strategic connection in government. | 我们想和政府建立战略性关系 |
[00:29] | Having George Schultz would be a game-changer. | 如果能有乔治·舒尔茨加入我们 那一切都将不同 |
[00:55] | It’s wonderful. | 太好了 |
[00:59] | We start construction at the Arizona store soon, | 我们很快就能开始在亚马逊 商店开工了 |
[01:01] | so trying to get everything ready. | 准备好一切吧 |
[01:06] | So, um… | 那 |
[01:09] | I just wanted to get a sense | 我只是想 |
[01:10] | of how much longer you guys are going to need | 了解你们需要多长时间准备 |
[01:13] | before we can launch the wellness centers. | 才能启动健康中心 |
[01:16] | Obviously, we had agreed on February. | 虽然我们说好了在二月份 |
[01:19] | That passed last month. | 但是已经过去了一个月了 |
[01:22] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[01:25] | That’s where the device will go. | 这是设备的位置 |
[01:28] | But we don’t have dimensions | 但是我们还没有拿到尺寸 |
[01:30] | or any details yet, so… | 也没有任何的具体信息 |
[01:32] | I mean, obviously, we would like to get them as soon as possible. | 我当然是想尽快开始 |
[01:42] | I hate to be the bad guy here, | 我也不想当坏人 |
[01:45] | but I’m going to need a firm date. | 但是我需要你们给我一个具体的日期 |
[01:49] | I, I thought you understood that this process was going to be long. | 我以为你明白整个过程会很漫长 |
[01:54] | Absolutely. But it has been three years. | 我当然明白 已经过去三年了 |
[01:59] | And we have put in about $140 million. | 我们已经投入了1400万美元 |
[02:02] | So I think that Wade is getting a little bit frustrated. | 我想韦德已经有点不开心了 |
[02:03] | Wade? | 韦德吗? |
[02:05] | If you’re not the one calling the shots, | 如果你说了不算 |
[02:06] | then maybe I should just give Wade a call. | 那么我应该给韦德打个电话 |
[02:09] | We can skip the call. | 不用打了 |
[02:11] | Because I’m here. | 我就在这里 |
[02:13] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:14] | Well, I said I could handle it. | 我说了 我可以处理 |
[02:19] | Can you guys give us a moment? | 我们可以单独聊一会吗? |
[02:26] | Isn’t that comfy? | 很舒服吧? |
[02:29] | It’s fine. | 还好 |
[02:30] | So… Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[02:35] | We’re building these wellness centers in our stores. | 我们要在店里成立健康中心 |
[02:39] | Two in Arizona, one in Palo Alto… | 两个在亚利桑那州 一个在帕洛阿尔托 |
[02:41] | Well, I, I explained that, | 我说过了 这个 |
[02:42] | – that this device is… – Yeah, you’ve explained. | -是的 你是说过了 -这些设备 |
[02:46] | Except there’s nothing to explain because | 只不过没什么好解释的 |
[02:50] | we don’t have this. | 因为我们还没有成功的设备 |
[02:53] | So here’s my question. When do we get it? | 我的问题就是我们什么时候能拿到? |
[02:58] | Wade, we care deeply about our partnership. | 韦德 我们十分在乎我们的合作关系 |
[03:01] | And we’re anxious to put our best foot forward. | 我们也很想进一步发展 但是我们必须保证要成功 |
[03:03] | And what’s the timeline for, | 那时间期限呢 |
[03:05] | “We are anxious to put our best foot forward”? | 我们也很想进一步发展 |
[03:09] | Because I’ve got one. | 因为我知道 |
[03:12] | You want to hear it? | 你想听听吗? |
[03:17] | September. | 九月 |
[03:22] | September. | 九月 |
[03:26] | Six months from now. | 就是六个月后 |
[03:31] | No more breaks, no more extensions. | 没有休息 也没有延期 |
[03:35] | We’ll be ready in September. | 我们会在九月准备好 |
[03:37] | Sunny is spearheading operations. | 桑尼已经全力准备操作 |
[04:16] | Fuck! | 该死! |
[04:24] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:26] | Oh, also, Wade asked me about the lawsuit. | 还有韦德让我问一下关于诉讼的事情 |
[04:28] | He just found out that I guess you’re suing | 他刚得知你要和 |
[04:30] | your old next-door neighbor from when you were growing up? | 你一起长大的老邻居 |
[04:34] | Richard Fu-eez? | 理查德·弗斯打官司 |
[04:35] | Fuisz. Yeah, he, uh, applied for competing patents | 菲斯 是的 他申请了专利 |
[04:38] | to try to get us to pay him off. What? Does this door not work? | 想让我们出钱购买 怎么回事?这个门不好使吗? |
[04:40] | – And he thought you’d settle. – Where’s the door? | -你觉得他会和你们调解吗? -门在哪里? |
[04:42] | Right, right. Well, just putting this out there. | 我只是想问 |
[04:44] | But is this the best time to be in the middle of a lawsuit? | 现在这个时候打官司真的好吗? |
[04:47] | Wade would prefer if it was all cleared up by the launch. | 韦德希望在开启项目的时候 这一切都能结束 |
[04:49] | It will be. We just hired David Boies to represent us. | 会的 因为我们请了大卫·波利斯 来帮我们打官司 |
[04:53] | David Boies. | 大卫·波利斯? |
[04:55] | – Wow. The big guns. – We’re declaring war. | -哇 很厉害啊 -我们要宣战了 |
[05:00] | Richard, it’s that man again. | 理查德 又是那个人 |
[05:05] | The car is still there. Richard! | 理查德 他的车还在这里 |
[05:08] | I see you. I see you. | 我看见你了 看见你了! |
[05:10] | I see you. Yes, you. | 我看见你了 看见你了! |
[05:12] | – Get out of here. – I’m taking your picture. | -滚开! -我拍下来了 |
[05:14] | Get out of here, you assholes. | 滚开这里 混蛋! |
[05:16] | – I got it. – Assholes! | -我拍到了 -混蛋! |
[05:22] | Beth. Judy. | 贝西 朱迪 |
[05:25] | They’re going to chew on this for a month. | 这够她们八卦一个月的了 |
[05:28] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[05:31] | Just end it. End the lawsuit. | 结束吧 结束官司 |
[05:32] | That car’s been out there all morning. | 那辆车从早上开始就在 |
[05:34] | They’re watching us. | 她们在监控我们 |
[05:36] | Well, of course, they are. | 当然了 |
[05:38] | Of course, they are. | 当然了 |
[05:39] | They think they can intimidate us | 她们觉得我们会害怕 |
[05:41] | because they’re rich, entitled pricks. | 因为她们有钱有权 |
[05:43] | – But we’re not intimidated. – We’re not? Because I am. | -但是我们不害怕 -为什么?我很害怕 |
[05:47] | Settle it. Who cares? It’s one patent. | 和解吧 谁在乎呢? 只是一个专利 |
[05:49] | You want to give her more money. | 你想给她多点的钱? |
[05:50] | I just want it to be over. | 我只是想结束这一切 |
[05:53] | If I settle now, I’m the schmuck. | 如果我结束了 那我就是伪君子 |
[05:56] | I’m giving them what they want. | 她们就得偿所愿了 |
[05:57] | And then, what did I spend | 那我当初又何苦 |
[05:59] | hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees for. | 花这么多钱打官司呢 |
[06:02] | I can’t even talk about the amount of money you spent. | 我都不敢说你花了多少钱 |
[06:04] | I had to defend myself and my family. | 我得保护我和我的家人 |
[06:06] | She’s coming after us. | 她是冲我们来的 |
[06:10] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做? |
[06:14] | Look… okay, wait, I… | 好了 等一下 |
[06:17] | I want to show you something. Sit down. | 我给你看点东西 坐下 |
[06:20] | I, I had a-a-a breakthrough. | 我知道了 |
[06:23] | – Look at these. – What are these? | -看这些 -这些是什么? |
[06:26] | Theranos patents. And there, right there. | 血液检测公司的专利 这儿 这儿 |
[06:28] | There’s a man whose name is on every patent with Elizabeth. | 这个男人的名字和伊丽莎白出现在每个专利上 |
[06:32] | Who is Ian Gibbons? | 伊恩·吉本斯是谁? |
[07:07] | – Ian Gibbons. – Yes? | -伊恩·吉本斯吗?-是的 |
[07:09] | You’ve been subpoenaed. | 这是给你的传票 |
[07:21] | What am I supposed to say about the company under oath? | 在宣誓的情况下 我能怎么说? |
[07:25] | I don’t want to play these games. I’m not a lawyer. | 我不想玩这些游戏 我不是律师 |
[07:27] | Dr. Gibbons, let’s calm down. | 吉本斯博士 冷静一下 |
[07:29] | I’m a chemist. It’s what I am. It’s all I ever wanted to be. | 我是个化学家 这是我毕生的梦想 |
[07:32] | Until she stopped me from doing it. | 但是她打破了我的梦想 |
[07:34] | Stopped me from working in my own lab. | 让我无法在实验室工作 |
[07:37] | Who stopped you? | 谁阻止了你? |
[07:39] | Elizabeth Holmes stopped you? | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯阻止你? |
[07:43] | I don’t know who you are. | 我不认识你 |
[07:46] | – They told me to come here. – I’m Linda Tanner. | -她们告诉我来这里 -我是琳达·塔娜 |
[07:48] | I’m part of Theranos’ in-house legal team. | 我是血液检测公司的内部法律小组的 |
[07:51] | Oh, Theranos’ in-house legal team. | 血液检测公司内部法律团队的 |
[07:54] | How exciting. | 太好了 |
[07:55] | Which means that you represent the company, not me. | 也就是你是代表公司的 不是代表我 |
[07:57] | Okay, that’s not how I would characterize it. | 好吧 我不是这么认为的 |
[07:59] | You’re going to want me to say and do | 也就是说你想让我说的和做的 |
[08:01] | whatever benefits the company. | 都是为了公司的最大利益 |
[08:02] | I do represent Theranos and your | 我确实是代表了公司 但是你的利益 |
[08:03] | interests align with Theranos’ interests. | 和血液检测公司的利益是相关的 |
[08:05] | And I’m left to defend myself and my reputation and my work. | 我只能自己保护我的名声和工作了 |
[08:09] | Would you like a caramel? | 你想吃焦糖吗? |
[08:11] | What? | 什么? |
[08:13] | I’m just going to look this over, okay? | 让我看一下? |
[08:18] | And anyway, I don’t even get what I can testify about. | 无论如何 我都不知道自己要证明什么 |
[08:21] | She banned me from, from my own lab. | 她不让我去自己的实验室 |
[08:24] | I’m barred from, from meetings and emails. | 我不能参加会议 不能发送邮件 |
[08:28] | I come in, I sit at my desk all day long, | 我来了就一直坐在这里 |
[08:31] | but I haven’t done any real chemistry for, for three years, Linda. | 琳达 过去三年 我都没做过任何和化学有关的东西 |
[08:38] | I would leave, but I need the health insurance. | 我是可以离开的 但是我需要医疗保险 |
[08:43] | Okay, so this lawsuit is about patents, | 好吧 这个官司是有关于一项专利 |
[08:46] | and your name is on multiple patents that belong to Theranos. | 你的名字出现在 很多血液检测公司的专利上 |
[08:49] | Patents? | 专利? |
[08:52] | I strongly suggest you don’t do anything or tell anyone | 我强烈建议你什么都不要做 也不要告诉任何人 |
[08:56] | until legal has a plan to get you out of testifying, okay? | 直到法律部做出方案 让你不用作证 好吗? |
[08:59] | But if I did testify? | 但是如果我作证了呢? |
[09:01] | We’ll make sure you don’t. | 我们确定你不会这样做 |
[09:08] | September? | 九月? |
[09:09] | Baby, why would you tell them September? | 你为什么要答应他们九月? |
[09:12] | – We’re not going to be able… – How did the demo go? | -我们没办法 -展示怎么样了? |
[09:14] | I’m telling you how the demo went. It fucking overheated. | 我告诉你怎么样了 该死的太热了 |
[09:17] | Well, you, you need to do something different then. | 那就改变一下 |
[09:19] | Different? | 改变? |
[09:21] | Different like what? | 什么改变? |
[09:23] | Different like what? | 什么改变? |
[09:24] | – When are you coming back? – I’m on my way to LA. | -你什么时候回来? -我在去洛杉矶的路上 |
[09:26] | I have that marketing meeting with ChiatDay. | 我要和广告公司开会 |
[09:28] | We don’t need to focus on marketing right now. | 我们现在不需要集中于市场营销 |
[09:30] | I had an idea for a new logo. | 我想出一个新的方法来设计图标 |
[09:32] | – A logo? – The Flower of Life. | -图标?-生命之花 |
[09:35] | It’s an ancient symbol from alchemy. | 是来自炼金术的一个古老的符号 |
[09:38] | Intersecting circles | 互相重叠的圆形 |
[09:40] | that form a sacred geometry connecting all of life. | 形成一个神圣的几何图形 代表了生命的结合 |
[09:45] | The, the shape is found in blood cells | 血液里就有这样的形状 |
[09:48] | and the Mona Lisa… | 还有蒙娜丽莎 |
[09:49] | We’re in trouble. I need you back. | 我们遇到困难了 你必须回来 |
[09:52] | Oh, I, I have to go. I’m getting another call. | 我先挂了 我来电话了 |
[09:54] | No. No! | 不! |
[09:56] | What’s going on? | 干什么? |
[09:57] | Whoa. Is that how you answer your phone? | 你都是这样讲电话的吗? |
[10:00] | Christian, what? | 克里斯怎么了? |
[10:01] | Uncle Ron’s gettin’ worse. | 罗恩叔叔的情况不好了 |
[10:03] | Mom says that they caught it too late. | 妈妈说医生们发现的太晚了 |
[10:05] | It’s like brain cancer? | 是脑癌 |
[10:10] | – I don’t know, Mom says that I… – I can’t talk about that now | -妈妈说我 -我现在不能说这个 |
[10:12] | because I’m about to go into a meeting, so… | 我就要去开会了 |
[10:15] | Oh, I thought you were on, like, a plane right now or something. | 我以为你在飞机上什么的 |
[10:18] | No, I’m-I’m-I’m walking into a meeting, so I’ll talk to you later. | 没有 我马上就要开会了 我再打给你 |
[10:28] | Just got the news we’re launching in September. | 刚得到消息 我们九月份推出 |
[10:32] | What? | 什么? |
[10:33] | Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:36] | September? | 九月? |
[10:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:40] | Why is he here? | 他怎么在这里? |
[10:42] | Hi, Brendan. | 嗨 布雷登 |
[10:43] | We’ve met many times. | 我们见过几次 |
[10:45] | I’m Elizabeth’s brother, Christian. | 我是伊丽莎白的弟弟 克里斯 |
[10:49] | Yeah, I may not understand all the, you know, science or whatever. | 是 我虽然不明白科学这一套 |
[10:53] | Yeah, the science stuff… | 是的 科学 |
[10:54] | But I did graduate from Duke. | 但是我毕业于杜克大学 |
[10:56] | Plus I’m the Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives. | 而且我是这个公司战略小组的副主任 |
[11:04] | Why the fuck is he here? | 他为什么在这里? |
[11:06] | He’s the guy who comes to these fucking meetings. Okay? | 他是负责出席会议的人 |
[11:09] | Okay, September. | 好吧 九月 |
[11:11] | Before we start, I-I-I want to say | 我想在开始之前说 |
[11:14] | I know that Chiat/Day | 我知道贵公司 |
[11:17] | was working very closely with Apple and Steve Jobs. | 和苹果公司以及史蒂夫·乔布斯合作 |
[11:21] | And I can’t believe that it’s been two years since, since we lost him. | 我不敢相信距离 乔布斯离世已经两年了 |
[11:27] | Did you know him? | 你认识他吗? |
[11:28] | Not personally, | 私底下不认识 |
[11:29] | but I’ve always felt connected to him. | 但是我一直觉得和他有种联系 |
[11:36] | Anyway, thanks for coming down to LA. | 谢谢你们能来到洛杉矶 |
[11:39] | We’re excited to keep cooking on the Walgreens launch. | 我们很开心能参与沃尔格林的 项目开展 |
[11:42] | September now. | 已经定好了是在九月 |
[11:43] | And we got your ideas about the logo. | 我们也收到了你的图标设计 |
[11:47] | But the reason we brought you down here is to talk about you. | 但是我们带你来这里是想谈谈你自己 |
[11:54] | Rich? | 里奇 |
[11:59] | This really is the way to sell this company. | 这才是推销你们公司的方法 |
[12:02] | Your face, your dream, your story. | 你的脸庞 你的梦想 你的故事 |
[12:06] | People will trust this technology because they’ll trust you… | 人们是因为相信你 所以才相信你的技术的 |
[12:10] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[12:11] | Theranos is you. | 血液检测公司就是你的 |
[12:15] | No, no, it’s not. It… it’s not. | 不 不是的 |
[12:18] | The focus should be on, on the technology. | 我们应该专注于这项技术 |
[12:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[12:29] | No! They’ve got me. I’m-I’m-I’m trapped. | 不 他们抓到我了 我困住了 |
[12:32] | It’s a subpoena. There are ways around it. | 只是法院传票 肯定有办法的 |
[12:35] | Not around it, | 没有办法 |
[12:36] | just delay and delay… | 只能拖延再拖延 |
[12:40] | Ian, you’ve had enough. | 伊恩 你喝多了 |
[12:41] | And eventually, I’ll have to speak. | 我最终只能出来说话 |
[12:43] | Well, I don’t understand. What’s wrong with that? | 我不明白说出来怎么了 |
[12:45] | Just tell the truth! | 就说出事实真相 |
[12:46] | The truth. | 真相? |
[12:48] | If I tell the truth, | 如果我讲了真相 |
[12:50] | I-I violate my nondisclosure agreement, | 那我就违反了保密协议 |
[12:53] | and Theranos sues me. | 血液检测公司会起诉我的 |
[12:55] | And if I lie… | 如果我说谎了 |
[12:58] | I’ll be committing perjury. | 那我就是做假证 |
[13:00] | What do you know that could be so bad for her? | 你知道什么对她如此的不利吗? |
[13:05] | Well… | 就是 |
[13:08] | patents. | 专利 |
[13:10] | What about them? | 什么专利? |
[13:14] | Her name is on them, | 她的名字在专利上 |
[13:16] | but she didn’t do any of the scientific work. | 但是 她没有参与任何的科学研究 |
[13:21] | She lied on the patent applications. | 她在专利申请的时候说谎了 |
[13:24] | And if you say that in a deposition, | 如果你在作证的时候这么说 |
[13:27] | it could void all of Theranos’ patents. | 那么血液检测公司的专利 就都会被取消 |
[13:30] | You could stop her. | 你可以阻止她的 |
[13:33] | No. Because they’ll come after us. | 不 因为他们是冲我们来的 |
[13:36] | They’ll sue us and destroy us, | 他们要起诉我们 打垮我们 |
[13:38] | and-and they have the money and-and the time and… | 他们有的是钱和时间 |
[13:43] | Whatever you want to do, I’m with you. | 不管你做什么 我都支持你 |
[14:06] | Sunny, hi, I’m actually about to go to a meeting. | 桑尼 嗨 我正要去开会 |
[14:09] | I know you’re on the plane. | 我知道你在飞机上 |
[14:11] | I know your schedule. | 我知道你的行程 |
[14:13] | Uh, no, not yet. I’m still in meetings. I’ll call you back. | 不 不是 我还没开完 再打给你 |
[14:17] | Stop running away. You’re acting like a little girl. | 不要选择逃跑了 你像一个小女孩 |
[14:38] | George, hi. I’m actually, I’m about to go into a meeting right now. | 乔治 嗨 我现在正要去开会 |
[14:42] | Just wanted to touch base about the lawsuit. | 只是想问一下关于诉讼的事情 |
[14:45] | I know. I, I wish I could. | 我知道 我也想 |
[14:47] | It’s just the meeting’s about to start. | 但是会议马上要开始了 |
[14:49] | We’d like to talk to you first thing. | 我们想通知你 |
[14:50] | Richard Fuisz has subpoenaed Ian Gibbons. | 理查德·菲斯传召了伊恩·吉本斯 |
[14:58] | Charlotte, thanks. | 夏洛蒂 谢谢 |
[15:00] | You know David Boies, right? | 你认识大卫·波利斯的 对吧? |
[15:02] | Yes, of course. Hi, David. | 当然了 嗨 大卫 |
[15:04] | Charlotte. | 夏洛蒂 |
[15:05] | George, let these people go home, enjoy their weekend. | 乔治 让这些人回家好好度过周末吧 |
[15:09] | We’ll be done soon. | 我们很快就完事了 |
[15:13] | Elizabeth, | 伊丽莎白 |
[15:16] | you can trust David. | 你可以相信大卫 |
[15:18] | He’s the best lawyer in the country. | 他是这个国家最好的律师 |
[15:20] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 不敢当 |
[15:23] | He and I have different politics, of course. | 他和我的政治倾向不同 |
[15:26] | He wanted Al Gore to be president so badly, | 他想让阿尔·戈尔成为总统 |
[15:29] | he took it all the way to the Supreme Court. | 他一直上诉到最高法院 |
[15:32] | But fortunately, he lost that one. | 但是幸运的是 他输了 |
[15:37] | Yeah, I, I lost that one. | 是的 我输了 |
[15:41] | Something you should know about David. | 你应该知道大卫 |
[15:44] | He’s dyslexic. | 有阅读障碍 |
[15:47] | He had to get good at reading people. | 他必须会察言观色 |
[15:51] | You don’t want to play cards with him. | 你可不要和他耍花样 |
[15:56] | Frankly… | 坦白说 |
[15:59] | I’m concerned that Richard hasn’t settled yet. | 我很担心理查德还没有调解 |
[16:05] | Just asking. Why don’t you give up the lawsuit? | 你为什么不放弃打官司呢? |
[16:09] | Just one man, one patent, | 只是一个人和一项专利 |
[16:11] | you’re about to launch into Walgreens… | 你毕竟要进军沃尔格林 |
[16:13] | I don’t want him to win. | 我不想让他赢 |
[16:16] | It’s important to remember, | 要知道 |
[16:19] | it’s just business, right? | 这只是生意罢了 |
[16:21] | Can’t take it too personally. | 不能太当真 |
[16:24] | – We’re about to depose Richard, so… – Do you have a strategy? | -我们要开始摧毁理查德了 -你有什么战略吗? |
[16:27] | Because you need a strategy with him. | 因为对付他 你需要战略 |
[16:30] | I think I can handle it. | 我可以搞定的 |
[16:32] | If you want him on record sounding crazy, | 如果你想录音 虽然听上去很疯狂 |
[16:34] | get him to talk about me. | 但是和他聊聊我就可以了 |
[16:37] | Why do you think he, uh, subpoenaed Ian Gibbons? | 为什么要传召伊恩·吉本斯? |
[16:43] | Why Ian? | 为什么偏偏是伊恩? |
[16:44] | Because my understanding is | 因为我认为 |
[16:47] | that Ian’s name is on the patents with yours, | 伊恩的名字和你的名字 一起出现在专利上 |
[16:51] | so he can testify as to your contributions. | 所以他能证明你对专利的贡献 |
[16:59] | Does Ian know something that we should know? | 有没有什么是伊恩知道 但是我们不知道的 |
[17:04] | Am I being deposed right now? | 是要搞定我吗? |
[17:07] | No, of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[17:09] | I need to know | 但是我需要知道 |
[17:11] | if there’s anything about the company you’re not telling me. | 你有没有 什么关于公司没有告诉我的 |
[17:16] | No, uh, there’s not. | 没有 |
[17:23] | But, David, | 但是 大卫 |
[17:25] | you accepted shares of Theranos instead of payment, | 你的报酬是血液检测公司的股份 而不是钱 |
[17:27] | so… you must believe me. | 所以你必须要相信我 |
[17:39] | On a different note, | 换个话题 |
[17:42] | my grandson Tyler. | 我的孙子 泰勒 |
[17:45] | Tyler. | 泰勒 |
[17:47] | We don’t have to do this now, Grandpa. | 可以不用现在的 爷爷 |
[17:49] | He’s graduating from Stanford in a couple months. | 他过几个月就从斯坦福大学毕业了 |
[17:53] | Hi, I’m Tyler. | 嗨 我是泰勒 |
[17:55] | – Hello, Tyler. – Hi. | -你好 泰勒 -嗨 |
[17:57] | And he would love to have the chance to work with you. | 他非常想和你一起共事 |
[18:01] | Just like an internship or anything. | 比如实习什么的 |
[18:04] | I’m, I’m a biology major, | 我的专业是生物学 |
[18:05] | and I, I just think that you’re awesome. | 我认为你很棒 |
[18:11] | Of course. Yeah. | 可以 好的 |
[18:14] | Fine. Go ahead and fire me. | 好吧 解雇我吧 |
[18:16] | But we can’t do September. We can’t. | 但是我无法在 九月份完成 |
[18:20] | You designed the Edison. | 你设计了爱迪生 |
[18:21] | Yeah. So I know what it can’t do. | 是的 我知道我没办法做到什么 |
[18:23] | And I know that it’s not ready to replace the Siemens machine. | 我知道还没准备好 来代替西门子机器 |
[18:25] | People have been using the Siemens machine for years. | 人们已经用了好多年的西门子 |
[18:29] | They trust it, it’s reliable, | 他们相信西门子 |
[18:30] | and it can run multiple samples at the same time. | 西门子可以同时测试多个样本 |
[18:33] | How? | 怎么做? |
[18:35] | – How? How what? – How does it work? | -怎么做什么?-怎么做测试? |
[18:40] | Someone tell me how this one works! | 告诉我这个怎么工作的! |
[18:42] | What does it do that ours doesn’t? | 为什么我们的机器不可以? |
[18:44] | Well, it, it uses larger, uh, blood samples. | 它使用的是更大的血液样本 |
[18:48] | It’s a completely different machine. | 这个机器和我们的完全不同 |
[18:49] | So barring me breaking it open and looking at all the parts, | 所以我不能打开查看里面的零部件 |
[18:52] | I can’t tell you in any detail how it works. | 我不能告诉你是具体怎么工作的 |
[18:56] | Why haven’t we done that yet? | 为什么我们还没做到? |
[19:01] | Why haven’t we broken into the Siemens machine? | 为什么我们无法打开西门子机器? |
[19:06] | Well, because it’s… | 因为 |
[19:09] | It’s another company’s tech. | 这是另一家公司的技术 |
[19:11] | Under no circumstances are we opening it up. | 我们不能打开的 |
[19:13] | It’s not our IP. | 这不是我们的项目 |
[19:14] | Okay? The branding for Theranos is a small, portable device. | 血液检测公司品牌是小型便携机器 |
[19:17] | The Siemens machine is a dinosaur. | 但是西门子的机器是巨大的 |
[19:19] | We know what the branding is. | 我知道品牌是什么 |
[19:21] | But this one works, ours doesn’t. | 但是他们的好使 我们的不好使 |
[19:23] | Right now. | 现在 |
[19:25] | Well, then we need it to work right now! | 我们需要现在就让机器好使! |
[19:28] | You told a week ago in September! | 你告诉他们九月可以的 |
[19:31] | – So right now is when we need this… – Hey, hey, hey, hey! | -现在我们就需要 -嘿!嘿! |
[19:32] | Don’t talk to my sister that way. | 不要这么和我姐姐讲话 |
[19:34] | Hey, don’t tell Sunny what to do. | 你不能告诉桑尼怎么做 |
[19:38] | We’re going to launch in September with the Edison. | 我们会在九月份推出 这个机器和爱迪生 |
[19:41] | How? How are we… | 怎么能 我们怎么… |
[19:43] | Because I put you in charge of operations, | 因为我让你来负责这个项目 |
[19:48] | and you’re going to figure it out. | 你一定会搞清楚的 |
[20:04] | What are you doing? Who are you calling? | 你在做什么?你给谁打电话? |
[20:06] | Who are you calling? | 你给谁打电话? |
[20:07] | I’m texting Teri to bring me my food. | 我让泰瑞给我送饭 |
[20:12] | When is the last time you ate? | 你上次什么时候吃的饭? |
[20:15] | Daniel, get her some juice. | 丹尼尔 给她拿点果汁 |
[21:36] | No, baby. No. | 不 宝贝 不用了 |
[21:38] | I made you mad. I’m sorry. | 我让你生气了 抱歉 |
[21:44] | You keep running away. | 你一直在躲避我 |
[21:46] | You’re distracted. You’re lazy. | 你心不在焉 你漫不经心 |
[21:49] | What? I, I’m doing my job. | 有吗?我在做自己的工作啊 |
[21:52] | What? I’m doing my job. | 怎么了?我只是在做本职工作 |
[21:54] | I… my job is to, to have a vision | 我的工作就是我的梦想 |
[21:56] | and to bring in investors and make those investors happy. | 找到投资商 让他们开心 |
[22:01] | We’re going to lose $92 million this year. | 我们今年就要赔920万美元了 |
[22:05] | We lost 57 million last year. | 去年我们赔了570万美元 |
[22:16] | What if we… | 如果我们… |
[22:19] | What if we just stopped? | 如果我们停下来呢? |
[22:23] | What? Like, like you quit? | 你是说不干了吗? |
[22:28] | The company. | 不仅是公司 |
[22:32] | Us. | 还有我们 |
[22:37] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[22:41] | I… | 我… |
[22:43] | Are you breaking up with me? | 你是和我分手吗? |
[22:46] | I don’t know. Do you even love me? | 我不知道 你爱我吗? |
[22:49] | But… we’re meant to be together. | 但是我们是天生一对 |
[22:56] | I-I… you’re my everything. | 宝贝 你是我的一切 |
[23:00] | Sunny. | 桑尼 |
[23:03] | I… What… | 我… |
[23:07] | I… what’s not working? | 出什么问题了? |
[23:09] | I’m-I’m-I’m-I’m… | 我… |
[23:11] | What, Sunny? What? | 到底是什么 桑尼? |
[23:12] | What, what am I doing wrong? | 我做错什么了? |
[23:14] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[23:17] | Hope I’m not interrupting. | 希望我没有打扰你 |
[23:19] | Daniel Young just gave me this juice, so, uh… | 丹尼尔·杨给我果汁 |
[23:22] | Oh, you already have one. | 你已经有了 |
[23:24] | So I just want to let you know | 我只是想告诉你 |
[23:26] | that, um, Ian Gibbons didn’t show up for work today, | 伊恩·吉本斯今天没来上班 |
[23:29] | and I’m having a really hard time getting in touch with him. | 我也联系不上他 |
[23:32] | Now we can stall this deposition for a while, | 现在 我们还能推后作证日 |
[23:35] | but I don’t think having him testify | 但是我认为不让他 |
[23:36] | would really be in our best interest. | 出庭作证才是最好的 |
[23:38] | Elizabeth, um… Oh hey. | 伊丽莎白 嘿 |
[23:41] | Um, Uncle Ron died. | 罗恩叔叔死了 |
[23:43] | Mom just told me. | 妈妈刚告诉我 |
[23:46] | Who is Uncle Ron? | 谁是罗恩叔叔? |
[23:48] | Our uncle? | 我们的叔叔啊 |
[23:51] | Mom says that you could just, like, | 妈妈说你可以 |
[23:53] | call or send flowers or… | 打个电话或送花什么的 |
[23:55] | No. I’ll go. | 不 我会去的 |
[23:57] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[23:58] | – Uh, I’ll go to the funeral. – Yeah. | -我去参加葬礼 -是的 |
[24:01] | – Now? – Yes, I’m going to Uncle Ron’s funeral. | -现在吗?-是的 我去参加罗恩叔叔的葬礼 |
[24:09] | We are back on the record in the matter of Elizabeth Holmes | 我们重新开始就伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[24:13] | and Theranos Inc. Versus Fuisz Pharmaceuticals | 及其血液检测公司和菲斯医疗 |
[24:18] | and Richard Fuisz. | 以及理查德·菲斯之间的事宜 |
[24:21] | Do you recognize exhibit 86 as being your Wikipedia entry? | 你确认86号是你的维基百科条目吗? |
[24:29] | Look at that first paragraph, the one that starts off, | 请看第一段 |
[24:32] | “Richard Carl Fuisz was born in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, | “理查德·卡尔·菲斯出生在宾夕法尼亚州 伯利恒” |
[24:37] | to Slovenian immigrants.” | “是斯洛文尼亚移民” |
[24:39] | – Is that accurate? – I would say yes. | -这一信息正确吗?-是的 |
[24:44] | You, um, you grew up on a farm. | 你是在农场长大的? |
[24:48] | Yes. After I sold my company, | 是的 我卖掉公司后 |
[24:50] | I went back to Pennsylvania and built a small office. | 回到了宾夕法尼亚 建了一个小办公室 |
[24:54] | If I stepped out my front door, I was in a cornfield. | 我的门前 就是一片玉米地 |
[24:58] | I didn’t have a staff. I did it myself. | 我没有员工 都是我自己来 |
[25:02] | Not like Elizabeth Holmes. | 不像伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[25:07] | And Christian works there, too. It’s a family affair. | 克里斯也在那里工作 是家族生意 |
[25:12] | You won’t believe the people on her board. | 你不敢相信她的董事会都有谁 |
[25:14] | George Shultz, Sam Nunn. | 乔治·舒尔茨 山姆·纳恩 |
[25:16] | Henry Kissinger just joined. | 亨利·基辛格刚刚加入 |
[25:18] | You didn’t tell us that. | 你没告诉我们 |
[25:20] | Henry Kissinger! | 亨利·基辛格吗? |
[25:21] | You’re going to be able to go into Walgreens pretty soon | 你们很快就能打入沃尔格林 |
[25:24] | and use the machine. | 应用那台机器 |
[25:25] | It’s going to be in stores in, what, September now? | 很快就能进入商店了 就九月份是吧? |
[25:28] | Hey, do you remember that one summer we were here in Florida | 嘿 你还记得有一年夏天 我们去弗罗里达 |
[25:32] | and we were, like, playing Monopoly | 我们当时在玩大富翁 |
[25:34] | and you freaked out because you lost | 你因为输了大发雷霆 |
[25:37] | and, like, ran through the screen door? | 冲出门外去? |
[25:41] | – No. – You wanted to win so bad. | -不记得了 -你太想赢了 |
[25:46] | I got kind of scared. | 我都害怕了 |
[26:10] | Did you really come on a private plane? | 你真的是做私人飞机来的吗? |
[26:12] | It’s a company plane. | 是公司的飞机 |
[26:13] | Everything I own is through the company. | 我的东西都是公司的 |
[26:15] | Well, they’re all so intimidated by you. And jealous. | 大家都很害怕你 也很嫉妒你 |
[26:19] | Mom, did I ever have any hobbies? | 妈妈 我有什么爱好吗? |
[26:23] | What do you mean? | 你是指什么? |
[26:24] | Did I ever… do anything for fun? | 我做过什么有趣的事情吗? |
[26:30] | You ran track. You were on the dance team. | 你参加过田径 你是舞蹈队的 |
[26:35] | Uh, you climbed a mountain that one summer. | 有一年夏天 你还爬山了 |
[26:38] | Weren’t you having fun? | 这些你不喜欢吗? |
[26:42] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[26:45] | What would happen if I stopped? | 如果我停下来会怎么样? |
[26:49] | Working at your own company? | 你是说不在公司工作了吗? |
[26:54] | But then what would happen to the company? What would you do? | 但是那公司怎么办?你怎么办? |
[26:57] | Oh, it’s just a company. It’s not who I am. | 只是一个公司而已 也不能代表我 |
[27:01] | Of course, it’s who you are. What do you mean? | 当然能了 你什么意思? |
[27:05] | You can’t stop? Why would you stop? | 你不能停下来 你为什么这么说? |
[27:08] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[27:11] | I am so proud of who you’ve become. | 我对现在的你感到很骄傲 |
[27:16] | Wow. | 哇! |
[27:18] | You are the CEO of Theranos. | 你可是血液检测公司的首席执行官! |
[27:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[27:26] | That’s what I am. | 我就是 |
[27:33] | You are going to help so many people. | 你会帮助很多人 |
[27:38] | I just think if Elizabeth Holmes had stayed at Stanford, | 我想如果伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 没有从斯坦福辍学 |
[27:43] | God bless her, | 上帝保佑她 |
[27:45] | and so many people had not let her down | 也没有那么多人让她失望 |
[27:49] | and, in my view, used that poor girl. | 据我所知 利用了她 |
[27:52] | In my view, that is not an acceptable thing. | 在我看来 这是不对的 |
[27:55] | And I think the parents are responsible for that. | 我想父母对这个是要负责的 |
[27:59] | And I think these fancy VCs are… | 我想这些花哨的风险投资公司 |
[28:05] | I’m 73 years old. I’ve seen what these VCs can… | 我已经73岁了 我见过这些人 |
[28:10] | They’ll chew her up and throw her out in two minutes. | 他们利用完人 马上就会抛弃她的 |
[28:13] | And Larry Ellison, something goes the other direction, | 莱瑞·埃里森 如果事情进展的不顺利 |
[28:17] | he’ll give you a good kick in the ass | 他就会狠狠痛扁你 |
[28:19] | and you’ll be out the door. | 你就再也没有机会了 |
[28:20] | And then what will you have? | 到时候你还有什么? |
[28:23] | Nothing. | 一无所有 |
[28:25] | You have a lot to say about Elizabeth. | 你对伊丽莎白很有微词啊 |
[28:28] | Everyone’s seeing dollar signs instead of a human being. | 大家都看到的金钱 |
[28:31] | She’s a human being. | 但是她是个人! |
[28:36] | Okay, we are done for today. | 好了 今天结束了 |
[28:41] | No, wait. I just want to say… | 等一下 我想说 |
[28:43] | Oh yeah. Anything, please. | 好的 请说 |
[28:44] | If that girl had come to me and she had said, | 如果那个女孩来找我 告诉我 |
[28:50] | “Dr. Fuisz, look, I’m sorry we haven’t spoken for years. | 菲斯博士 很抱歉 我们已经很多年没说话了 |
[28:54] | “We need this patent. | 我们需要这个专利 |
[28:56] | “And you know what? Everyone thinks we have a lot of money | 大家都认为我们很有钱 |
[28:59] | “because of Larry Ellison, | 可能是因为莱瑞·埃里森 |
[29:01] | “but we actually don’t have that much | 但是我们并没有 |
[29:04] | and I can’t afford to pay you much,” | 我不能给你太多的钱 |
[29:06] | she would have gotten it for a dollar. | 那我愿意一美元就给她 |
[29:09] | But you don’t have a process server knock on my door. | 但是你却让一个传票递送员来敲门! |
[29:15] | My god, none of this would have happened. | 这些本来都不用发生的! |
[29:21] | Well… thank you for your testimony. | 谢谢你的证词 |
[29:26] | Where is Ian Gibbons? | 伊恩·吉本斯在哪里? |
[29:28] | Why aren’t you letting me speak with him? | 我为什么不能和他说话? |
[29:29] | I believe Dr. Gibbons hasn’t been well. | 吉本斯博士身体不是很好 |
[29:32] | Bullshit. If he’s not well, have a doctor say he’s not well. | 说谎 如果他身体不好 那也是医生来说 |
[29:36] | She just doesn’t want me to talk to him. Do you know why? | 她不想让我和他说话 你们知道为什么吗? |
[29:40] | Because he knows she’s lying. | 因为吉本斯知道她在说谎 |
[29:45] | I’m going to talk to him. | 我要和他讲话 |
[29:48] | I’m not giving up. | 我不会放弃的 |
[29:55] | Ian, are you coming to bed? | 伊恩 你要睡觉了吗? |
[30:00] | Don’t you have work tomorrow? | 你明天不是还有工作吗? |
[30:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing | 女士们先生们 我们即将 |
[30:09] | in San Francisco in about 30 minutes. | 30分钟后在 旧金山降落 |
[30:23] | You weren’t in your office. | 你不在办公室 |
[30:25] | I was looking for you. | 我正在找你 |
[30:27] | How was the funeral? | 葬礼还顺利吗? |
[30:41] | – Elizabeth? – We’re not going to stop. | -伊丽莎白 -我们不能停止 |
[30:45] | We’re going to launch in September, | 我们必须在九月推出 |
[30:47] | but we’re going to launch in phases. | 但是我们可以阶段性的推出 |
[30:49] | Phase one, we’re going to use the Siemens machines | 第一阶段就是我们要用西门子的机器 |
[30:50] | to run the tests. | 来进行测试 |
[30:52] | But we’re just going to have to reconfigure them | 我们只需要重新进行组装 |
[30:56] | to run with less blood. | 可以用更少的血进行检测 |
[30:58] | So we’d have to open them up. | 也就是我们必须打开这个机器 |
[31:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:10] | Come. | 来 |
[31:31] | I’ve already done it. | 我已经打开了 |
[31:33] | I had them open up the Siemens machine. | 我打开了西门子机器 |
[31:36] | I had two engineers film the inside, so we have a video. | 我让两个工程师给我拍了里面的视频 |
[31:40] | I think I can program new software for it that says Theranos. | 我觉得可以设计出血液检测公司 新软件 |
[31:46] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:48] | Walgreens doesn’t need to know exactly what we’re running the tests on. | 沃尔格林不必知道 我们用什么进行检测 |
[31:51] | Yeah. This is just phase one. | 这只是第一阶段 |
[31:53] | Right. | 没错 |
[31:57] | Phase one. | 第一阶段 |
[32:05] | I can’t sleep. I can’t think. I need to know what to do. | 我说不着 我无法思考 我需要知道怎么做 |
[32:09] | I’m going to have to testify at some point. | 我总有出庭作证的时候 |
[32:11] | And then when I do, | 如果我出庭作证 |
[32:12] | if I violate the nondisclosure agreement, | 我就违背了保密协议 |
[32:15] | then Theranos will sue me. | 那么血液检测公司就会起诉我 |
[32:16] | That’s not necessarily true. | 也不一定非得这样 |
[32:18] | Oh, you will. | 你们肯定会的 |
[32:19] | You’ll sue me and you’ll win. | 你们会起诉我 你们一定会赢的 |
[32:21] | Okay. This is how we think we’re going to get you out of this. | 我们想到怎么帮助你了 |
[32:24] | So we’ve drafted up a letter that you’re going to get a doctor to sign. | 我们起草了一封信 你要拿去 让医生签字 |
[32:27] | It says that you are unwell and that you can’t be deposed. | 上面说你身体不好 无法作证 |
[32:31] | Unwell? | “不好”? |
[32:33] | I’m unwell? | 我身体不好? |
[32:35] | Would you say that’s not accurate? | 你想说不是 是吗? |
[32:37] | Because looking at my notes… | 但是据我所知 |
[32:40] | well, you’ve missed multiple days of work this year. | 你今年可是有很多天没来上班 |
[32:43] | And, um, even more recently, just… | 甚至最近 |
[32:47] | I mean, when you say that, that you have some problems… | 你是不是也遇到了一些问题? |
[32:54] | Yeah. I’m talking specifically about the drinking. | 我指的是你在工作的时候 |
[33:00] | At work. | 酗酒的问题 |
[33:03] | Have you been drinking today? | 你今天喝酒了吗? |
[33:09] | Your health is very important to us, | 你的健康对我们很重要 |
[33:11] | and we’d hate for you to have to do anything | 我们也不愿意让你出庭作证 |
[33:13] | as stressful as testifying. | 面对如此大的压力 |
[33:15] | So all you got to do, get the note signed | 所以你只需要 让医生签字就可以 |
[33:19] | and then just like that, you’re off the hook. | 然后你就没事了 |
[33:22] | But if I sign this, I may never work again. | 但是如果我签了字 |
[33:25] | Because who would hire me? | 谁还会用我? |
[33:27] | I think you’re taking this a little too personally. | 我想你太较真了 |
[33:30] | Yes, I am. | 是的!我是较真 |
[33:31] | Because if I can’t work, | 因为如果我无法工作 |
[33:37] | If I, if I’m not a chemist… | 如果我不是一名化学家 |
[33:41] | Like I said, this is your way out. | 我已经说了 这是你的唯一方法 |
[33:56] | We go to the doctor tomorrow to get this signed. | 我们明天去找医生签字 |
[34:11] | Feeling better? | 感觉好些了吗? |
[35:37] | Ian? | 伊恩? |
[35:43] | Ian. | 伊恩? |
[35:50] | Ian. | 伊恩? |
[35:55] | Ian? | 伊恩? |
[35:59] | So now that we’re, we’re getting closer to the September launch, | 现在我们离九月份推出 已经越来越近了 |
[36:02] | we’re going to need to change some of the language on the website | 我们需要改变我们网站上的内容 |
[36:04] | based on some notes from legal. | 这是法律部给我们的意见 |
[36:06] | Really? Uh, okay. | 是吗? |
[36:08] | We, we might be cutting it a little close. | 我以为已经快要结束了 |
[36:10] | Uh, what are we talking about? | 我们需要改什么? |
[36:11] | Well, instead of “A tiny drop is all, is all you need,” | 就是把“你只需要非常少的一滴血” |
[36:14] | it would just be, “A few drops is all you need.” | 改成“你只需要几滴血” |
[36:18] | So we think that we might need more than a drop. | 那就是一滴血不够是吗? |
[36:20] | – I think the last thing… Yeah? – Elizabeth, I need you. | -我想… -伊丽莎白 我需要你 |
[36:28] | I’ll be back. | 我马上回来! |
[36:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:40] | Did you see these? | 你看见这些了吗? |
[36:42] | I told them to make a prototype of some finger puppets | 我让他们做出一些玩偶 让孩子们 |
[36:46] | so the kids can wear them after they get their fingers pricked. | 在手指抽血后可以带着玩儿 |
[36:56] | Ian… | 伊恩 |
[36:59] | Ian Gibbons was found in his bathroom. | 我们在卫生间发现了伊恩·吉本斯 |
[37:03] | He’d taken an overdose of Tylenol mixed with alcohol. | 他喝了过多的酒和泰诺 |
[37:09] | He died in the hospital today. | 他今天在医院抢救无效死亡了 |
[37:19] | He killed himself. | 他自杀了 |
[37:28] | It’s not because of the, my lawsuit? | 并不是因为我的官司的原因 |
[37:34] | Right? He, he didn’t do that because of my lawsuit? | 对吗?他不是因为 我的官司才这样做的 |
[37:41] | We’re in very tricky waters with the new launch coming up. | 随着推出时间马上就到了 我们现在必须十分小心 |
[37:47] | This is just incredibly tragic. | 虽然这件事很悲惨 |
[37:53] | But, uh, but… | 但是… |
[37:56] | But we do want to get his laptop back | 但是我们确实需要拿回他的电脑 |
[38:00] | so we can… we can control it. | 我们要保管好他的电脑 |
[38:10] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[38:11] | I… can’t sit down. | 我不能坐下 |
[38:15] | I’m in the middle of a meeting. | 我还要去开会 |
[38:17] | I have people waiting for me. | 那么多人在等我呢 |
[38:28] | Sorry about that. Where were we? | 很抱歉 我们说到哪儿了? |
[38:30] | I’m sorry, what is that? | 不好意思 那个是什么? |
[38:34] | Oh, it’s a dragon puppet. | 这是小龙玩偶 |
[38:39] | I got these made for kids who got a Theranos test. | 我给在血液检测公司做抽血检测的孩子们准备的 |
[38:44] | Blood made me, made me faint as a kid. | 因为我晕血 |
[38:52] | What do you think I was so afraid of? | 你觉得我害怕的是什么呢? |
[38:59] | Okay, we can take a break here and… | 好的 我们先休息一下 |
[39:03] | Did you know that Ian survived cancer? | 你知道伊恩抗癌成功了吗? |
[39:08] | We can pick this meeting up later. | 我们一会儿再继续会议 |
[39:21] | He has no wings. | 他没有翅膀 |
[39:24] | So he has to walk. | 所以只能走路 |
[39:30] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[39:32] | – Take that thing off your finger. – No. | -拿掉这个!-不 |
[39:35] | Stop it. | 停下! |
[39:39] | I know how important he was to you. | 我知道他对你很重要 |
[39:43] | He was there at the beginning and… | 他一开始就和你在一起 |
[39:49] | You can feel sad… | 你可以难过 |
[39:51] | If you want to feel sad. | 如果你想的话 |
[40:04] | We won. | 我们赢了 |
[40:08] | What? | 什么? |
[40:12] | Ian can’t testify now. | 伊恩现在不能作证了 |
[40:16] | Richard has to settle. | 理查德只能和解了 |
[40:24] | We won. | 我们赢了 |
[42:58] | Hey, uh, do you know what’s going on? | 你知道发生了什么吗? |
[43:00] | Sorry, it’s just my first day, | 我今天第一天上班 |
[43:02] | and I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do. | 我不知道应该做什么 |
[43:04] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[43:31] | I wanted to start with a personal story. | 我想先分享一个我个人的故事 |
[43:35] | I grew up spending summers with my uncle. | 我小时候每年夏天 都会和我叔叔在一起 |
[43:40] | I remember his love of crossword puzzles | 我记得他很喜欢填字游戏 |
[43:45] | and trying to teach us to play football. | 我记得他教我们踢足球 |
[43:48] | I remember how much he loved the beach. | 我记得他很喜欢海滩 |
[43:52] | I remember how much I loved him. | 我记得我很爱他 |
[43:56] | He was diagnosed one day with skin cancer, | 但是有一天 他被确诊皮肤癌 |
[44:01] | which all of a sudden was brain cancer | 然后突然变成了 脑癌 |
[44:03] | and in his bones. | 最后扩散到骨头里 |
[44:05] | And I never got to say goodbye. | 我没有机会和他最后道别 |
[44:08] | Here at Theranos, | 在我们公司 |
[44:10] | we see a world in which every person has access | 我们想要打造一个 每个人都能在 |
[44:14] | to actionable health information at the time it matters. | 需要的时候 享受医疗保险的世界 |
[44:18] | A world in which no one ever has to say, | 在这个世界里 不会有人遗憾 |
[44:22] | “If only I’d known sooner.” | 没有早点知道 |
[44:25] | A world in which no one ever has to say goodbye too soon. | 在这个世界里 不会有突然的离别 |
[44:35] | Our new logo is based on The Flower of Life. | 我们新的图标是生命之花 |
[44:40] | Intersecting circles connecting us all. | 盘旋交错的圆形代表我们之间的关联 |
[44:44] | Alchemy. | 炼金术 |
[44:45] | Dark becomes light. | 黑暗也能变成光明 |
[44:47] | Death becomes life. | 死亡也能变成生命 |
[44:50] | We can take something terrible | 我们可以 |
[44:53] | and pointless and make it into something perfect. | 将糟糕的事情变成好事情 |
[45:03] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 没错 |
[45:07] | This isn’t just my company. | 这不仅是我自己的公司 |
[45:09] | This isn’t just my job. | 这不仅仅是我的工作 |
[45:13] | This is my religion. | 这是我的信仰 |
[45:16] | This is who I am. | 这就是我 |
[45:19] | And anyone who doubts my company doubts me. | 如果有人质疑我的公司 那就是质疑我 |
[45:25] | Does anyone here doubt me? | 这里有人质疑我吗? |
[45:28] | Does anybody here doubt me? | 有人质疑我吗? |
[45:30] | No. | 没有 |
[45:35] | If you do, you can get the fuck out. | 如果你质疑我 那你可以滚蛋! |
[45:41] | We launch in Walgreens in 48 hours! | 我们将在48小时后 在沃尔格林正式推出 |
[45:44] | That’s right. We did it. | 没错 我们做到了! |
[45:57] | Fuck yeah! | 是的 太好了! |
[46:02] | You heard about the Halloween party coming up? | 你知道要举办万圣节派对了吗? |
[46:05] | It’s supposed to be crazy. | 会很疯狂的 |
[46:07] | There’s gonna be a bounce house. | 会有一个弹跳屋 |
[46:10] | I’m Mark. I’m the new lab director. | 我是马克 我是新来的实验室主任 |
[46:12] | Hi, I’m Tyler. | 嗨 我是泰勒 |
[46:16] | It’s all good. | 很好 |
[46:27] | We lost Ian. | 我们失去了伊恩 |
[46:30] | And you kept his widow’s testimony out. | 你们不让他的妻子作证 |
[46:33] | So here we are. | 所以 |
[46:39] | Nice to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[46:41] | Can I get you something to drink? | 你要喝点什么吗? |
[46:43] | I’m just having some Cheez-Its. | 我在吃饼干呢 |
[46:49] | God, you’re good. | 天哪 你真厉害 |
[46:53] | I read your memoir. | 我读过你的自传 |
[46:54] | Courting Justice. Great pun. | 《追求公正》一语双关 |
[46:58] | I thought it was fun. | 我觉得很有趣 |
[47:00] | Published by Miramax Books. | 米拉麦克斯公司出版的 |
[47:03] | You represent Miramax and Harvey Weinstein. | 你代表过米拉麦克斯和哈维·温斯坦 |
[47:08] | Oh, and you started a film finance company. | 你成立了一个电影金融公司 |
[47:12] | They help you with that? | 是他们帮你的吗? |
[47:14] | That’s a little messy, | 虽然有点乱 |
[47:15] | but… you’re pretty good at cleaning up messes. | 但是 你很善于清理杂乱 |
[47:21] | What is it about Cheez-Its? Huh? | 这些饼干怎么回事 |
[47:23] | I just can’t get enough of ’em. | 我怎么吃不够呢 |
[47:27] | You think it’s the aftertaste? | 是吃完的味道吗? |
[47:29] | You came from a small town, like me. | 你和我一样来自一个小城市 |
[47:32] | You want people to think you’re a sweet old law professor, | 你穿着便宜的西装 吃着饼干 |
[47:36] | with your cheap suits and your Cheez-Its. | 希望人们认为你是个可爱的法律教授 |
[47:40] | But you just want the money and you want to win. | 但是你想要的是钱 你想要赢 |
[47:46] | And speaking of winning… | 说到赢 |
[47:49] | here’s what we’re offering. | 这是我们的条件 |
[47:51] | You withdraw the patent, and we’ll drop the lawsuit against you. | 你撤销专利 我们就不再控诉你 |
[47:54] | Oh, sure. | 好吧 |
[47:56] | – Okay, fine. – Good. | 很好 很好 |
[47:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[47:59] | We’re going to get the paperwork sorted out. | 我们会整理出材料 |
[48:02] | But, um, I’m not done with this. | 但是我不会放弃的 |
[48:07] | I’m going to figure it out. | 我会查出 |
[48:09] | Everything you’re not telling me? | 你没告诉我的所有事情 |
[48:12] | I’m going to figure it out. | 我一定会查出来的 |
[48:14] | Well… | 好吧 |
[48:16] | goodbye, Dr. Fuisz. | 再见了 菲斯博士 |
[48:34] | Richard Fuisz. | 理查德·菲斯 |
[48:37] | I haven’t seen you since the investor’s conference. | 自从投资人会议后我就没见过你了 |
[48:39] | – What can I do for you? – Phyllis. Hello. | -有什么需要我帮忙的?-菲利斯 你好 |
[48:41] | I don’t know if you’ve heard, but, uh, I was sued recently. | 我不知道你听没听说 我最近被起诉了 |
[48:45] | What? No. | 什么 |
[48:46] | I hadn’t heard that. You okay? | 我还真不知道 你还好吗? |
[48:48] | Oh, I’m great. | 我没事 |
[48:49] | Just great. | 我很好 |
[48:50] | I heard you maybe knew Elizabeth Holmes. | 我听说你可能 认识伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 |
[48:54] | She was a student when you were… | 她曾经是你的学生 |
[48:56] | Elizabeth Holmes. Of course, I do. | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 当然了 |
[49:16] | Well, what can you tell me about her? | 你知道她哪些事情? |
[49:39] | There’s only one thing you need to know about Elizabeth Holmes. | 你只需要知道一件 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯的事情 |
[49:47] | She’s a fraud, Richard. | 理查德 她是个诈骗犯 |
[49:54] | She’s always been a fraud. | 她一直都是一个诈骗犯 |