时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | The Wall Street Journal is doing an article. | 《华尔街日报》正在写一篇文章 |
[00:03] | I don’t think it’s going to be positive. | 我不认为会有什么好话 |
[00:04] | Does Shultz know his grandson is talking to us? | 舒尔茨知道他孙子跟我们说吗? |
[00:06] | Did you speak to the reporter? | 你有对记者爆料吗? |
[00:08] | -No. -Here’s the restraining order. | -没有 -这是限制令 |
[00:10] | We’re preparing to file a lawsuit against you. | 我们准备要告你 |
[00:12] | I am a little bit worried, they’re gonna come after my sources. | 我有点担心他们会追查我的消息来源 |
[00:16] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[00:17] | It’s bad right now. They’re suing me. | 现在情况很糟 他们在告我 |
[00:19] | They’re tracking everything I do. | 监视我的一举一动 |
[00:22] | You haven’t heard from Tyler? | 你没有泰勒的消息吗? |
[00:24] | No. But that also means I haven’t heard that he’s recanted. | 没错 但这也代表 我没听到他说要放弃 |
[00:26] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[00:28] | They’re running it. | 他们要登了 |
[00:29] | I don’t know what I’m supposed to fucking do. | 我不知道我该干嘛 |
[00:32] | You should’ve protected me. | 你应该要保护我的 |
[00:33] | I think it might be time to consider | 我认为可能是时候想想 |
[00:35] | whether you have the right people around you. | 你身边的人合不合适了 |
[00:43] | MALE VOICE; So, if you look at the third text message down | 如果你看下面第三行 |
[00:46] | at 7:26 PM from Mr. Balwani, | 巴尔瓦尼先生 于晚上7点26分发来的短信 |
[00:49] | he says, “Okay. Wag freaking out, lack of transparency.” | 他说“好 沃格吓坏了 缺乏透明度” |
[00:54] | You see that? | 看到了吗? |
[00:55] | Yes. | 有 |
[00:56] | And you understand “Wag” is “Walgreens”? | 而“沃格”指的是“沃尔格林”? |
[00:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[01:01] | What did you understand him to be referring to here? | 就你的了解 他这里指的是什么? |
[01:05] | I… I don’t know. | 我…不知道 |
[01:12] | I don’t remember text exchanges with Sunny from years ago. | 我不记得桑尼多年前传的信息了 |
[01:17] | Do you remember discussing with Mr. Balwani | 你记得在卡雷鲁先生的文章注销后和 |
[01:20] | the concerns Walgreens had following Mr. Carreyrou’s article? | 巴尔瓦尼先生 讨论沃尔格林的问题吗? |
[01:28] | I’m just thinking back. | 我正在回想 |
[01:57] | Hi. This is Elizabeth Holmes. How are you? | 我是伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 你好吗? |
[02:00] | That’s why I’m calling. | 这就是我打来的原因 |
[02:03] | You may have seen a recent piece about Theranos | 你可能看过最近《华尔街日报》 |
[02:06] | in The Wall Street Journal. | 关于血液检测公司的文章 |
[02:07] | First and foremost, I just wanna make sure that you know | 首要的是 我想要你知道 |
[02:10] | that everything that they have written about us is false. | 他们写的一切都是假的 |
[02:13] | You’re such a valued member of our board and I wanted you | 你是我们董事会的非常重要的成员 |
[02:17] | to hear it from me. | 所以我希望你直接从我这听到 |
[02:18] | Well, it’s sexism. Yeah, this reporter clearly | 对 这是性别歧视 这个记者很明显 |
[02:21] | has an issue with women. | 对女人很有意见 |
[02:23] | Yeah, women in power. | 有权势的女人 |
[02:24] | That’s right, John Carreyrou. | 没错 约翰·卡雷鲁 |
[02:28] | R-O-U. Yeah, apparently | R-O-U 对 很明显 |
[02:30] | -he was born in France. -Wade, it’s Sunny again. | -他出生在法国 -韦德 又是我 桑尼 |
[02:32] | Look, I… I know you’re unhappy | 我知道你不开心 |
[02:34] | but the fact is the story is bullshit. | 但事实就是 那篇报道根本是鬼扯 |
[02:36] | And because of his sexist reporting, I’m… I’m now the target | 因为他性别歧视的报道 我现在成了 |
[02:38] | for all sorts of harassment. | 各种骚扰的目标了 |
[02:40] | Jay, if you will call me back, | 杰 如果你给我回电话 |
[02:42] | I will happily explain in more detail. | 我很乐意为你更详细解释 |
[02:44] | Yeah, you… you wouldn’t believe the kinds of messages | 对 我在社交媒体上收到的信息 |
[02:46] | that I’ve been receiving on social media. | 会让你不敢相信 |
[02:49] | Cocksucker! | 混蛋 |
[02:50] | Death threats, sexual… perverse. | 死亡威胁、性变态 |
[02:52] | I’ve had to bulletproof glass on my office windows. | 我只能在 在办公室的窗户上装防弹玻璃 |
[02:55] | Yeah, like the White House. | 对 就像白宫 |
[02:57] | Yes, a woman does belong there. | 女人在那里确有一席之位 |
[03:00] | Well, you know me, I’m a fighter… | 你了解我的 我是个斗士 |
[03:02] | and I… I’ve actually been promoting a hashtag on Twitter. | 我还一直在推特上 推广这个话题标签 |
[03:04] | Iron Sisters, Amelia Earhart, Margaret Thatcher, | 钢铁姐妹 阿梅莉亚·埃尔哈特 撒切尔夫人 |
[03:08] | other great women in history | 历史上其他在自己的时代 |
[03:09] | who faced tremendous resistance in their time. | 遇到巨大阻力的伟大女性 |
[03:13] | Marie Curie, Rosa Parks. | 居里夫人、罗莎·帕克斯 |
[03:14] | Dr. Jay? Hi, it’s Sunny Balwani. Trying you again. | 杰医生?我是桑尼·巴尔瓦尼 试着再次联络你 |
[03:17] | We knew there were problems with the nanotainer. | 我们知道纳米容器有问题 |
[03:20] | That’s… that’s why we pulled it. | 所以…我们才弃用它 |
[03:22] | We are ahead of it. Our labs are still running. | 我们依然领先 室验室还在运行 |
[03:24] | We’re containing the problem. | 我们正在控制问题 |
[03:25] | The biggest challenges create the biggest opportunities. | 最大的挑战创造最大的机会 |
[03:29] | Yeah, it’s… it’s kind of like an ocean. | 有点像大海那样 |
[03:30] | Big waves, they come and they go, | 大浪来来去去 |
[03:32] | but there’s a reason that you’re still there. | 但你屹立不摇是有原因的 |
[03:34] | Obviously, you’re the kind of guy who gets it. | 很明显 你就是能理解的那种人 |
[03:36] | Obviously, you’re the kind of guy who gets it. | 很明显 你就是能理解的那种人 |
[03:38] | Well, obviously, you’re the kind of guy who gets it. | 很明显 你就是能理解的那种人 |
[03:39] | Henry, I consider you an ally of me, | 亨利 我认为你是我的盟友 |
[03:43] | of women as a whole. | 妇女全体的盟友 |
[03:45] | I’m… I am so glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听到你这么说 |
[03:47] | I can’t tell you how much it means to me to have your support. | 能得到你的支持对我的意义难以形容 |
[03:49] | Means the world to me! Thank you so much. | 对我来说太重要了 太感谢了 |
[03:51] | Take care. Bye. | 保重 再见 |
[03:53] | Take care. Bye. Mattis is still with us. | 保重 再见 马堤斯依然站在我们这边 |
[03:55] | -That’s the whole board, isn’t it? -It is. | -这样就是董事会全员了吧? -没错 |
[03:58] | What about Carreyrou? | 卡雷鲁的情况呢? |
[04:00] | We’re working on it. | 我们正在处理 |
[04:03] | Everything just… everything on my computer gets copied | 我计算机里的所有数据都被复制 |
[04:06] | and preserved forever by The Journal? | 并由《华尔街日报》永久保存? |
[04:08] | They’re strongly advising us to be prepared for a defamation lawsuit. | 他们强烈建议我们 为诽谤控诉做好准备 |
[04:11] | This is what prepared looks like. | 这就是准备 |
[04:14] | You know what they’re doing, right? | 你知道他们的把戏吧? |
[04:15] | They protect themselves with NDAs, right? | 他们用保密协议保护自己 |
[04:17] | And then they go out and terrorize people. | 再出去恐吓别人 |
[04:19] | They’ve been following me for months. | 他们跟踪我好几个月了 |
[04:20] | -John… -Boies is getting away with it. He is. | -约翰… -波依斯要脱身了 |
[04:22] | She is getting away with it. | 她要脱身了 |
[04:24] | She hasn’t lost a single member of her board. | 董事会成员一个都没少 |
[04:26] | She called me a misogynist in public. | 她公开宣称我仇视女性 |
[04:28] | I mean, she is stalling until people forget. | 她想拖到人们忘记 |
[04:31] | She’s stalling because she knows that people are gonna forget. | 她在拖延 因为她知道人们会忘记的 |
[04:33] | -Has she sh… -Are you going to give me another speech | -她… -你要再给我一次关于 |
[04:36] | on the relentless speed of the modern American news cycle? | 现代美国新闻周期有多快的演说吗? |
[04:38] | Donald Trump called McCain a loser and no one cares. | 唐纳德·特朗普说麦凯恩是衰人 都没人在乎了 |
[04:41] | This is the battleground, John. | 这是战场 约翰 |
[04:44] | And the best way to keep the pressure on Theranos | 要对持续血液检测公司造成压力 最好的办法 |
[04:46] | is to keep making news | 就是制造新闻 |
[04:48] | and the best way to keep making news, | 而持续制造新闻最好的办法就是 |
[04:49] | and I hope this doesn’t come as a shock, | 给人们一些新的消息 |
[04:51] | is to tell the people something new. | 希望这不会让你太意外 |
[04:55] | Go to Tyler and make him go on the record | 去找泰勒 要他公开发表 |
[04:58] | and then the story becomes about George Shultz | 于是报道就会扯上乔治·舒尔茨 |
[05:00] | and then we have more news, right? | 然后我们就会有更多新闻 对吗? |
[05:03] | Right. | 对的 |
[05:05] | That was the kind of pep talk | 我已经等你发表 |
[05:06] | I’ve been waiting years for you to give. | 这么鼓舞人心的谈话很多年了 |
[05:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[05:16] | Who’s got an extra computer? | 谁有多的计算机? |
[05:22] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对… |
[05:28] | Thanks for calling me back. | 谢谢你给我回电 |
[05:30] | It’s not a good time to talk. | 现在我不方便说话 |
[05:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:45] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[05:50] | I want to discuss what my options are. | 我想讨论一下我有什么选择 |
[05:53] | Get your perspective on what my exposure is. | 了解你对我曝险情况的看法 |
[06:07] | You know, I’ll call you back another time. | 我得再找时间打给你 |
[06:10] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[06:14] | Baby, are you there? | 宝贝 你在那儿吗? |
[06:20] | Yeah, I’m just heading home. | 嗯 正要回家 |
[06:23] | I have some things to finish. | 我还有些事要做完 |
[06:26] | I’ll meet you there. | 家里见 |
[06:43] | Look, she’s fooled lots of people. | 她愚弄了很多人 |
[06:44] | I don’t get why CMS would be any different? | 我不懂CMS会有什么不同? |
[06:46] | The articles aren’t enough, all right? | 那篇文章不够 好吗? |
[06:48] | She’s still running her labs, | 她依然继续经营实验室 |
[06:49] | she’s still sending bad results to people. | 还是给人们错误的结果 |
[06:51] | -I know… I know. -Fuck this. No, fuck everything. | -我知道… -去他的 去他的一切 |
[06:53] | I’m gonna send that motherfucking letter. | 我要寄出那封该死的信了 |
[06:55] | To some obscure government agency that no one’s ever heard of? | 给某个不起眼 大家都没听过的政府机构? |
[06:57] | C-M-fucking-S. | 去他的CMS |
[06:59] | You’re swearing a lot. I like it. I’m just pointing it out. | 你骂很多脏话 我喜欢 只是说一下而已 |
[07:03] | What is CMS gonna do | 什么是CMS能做到 |
[07:04] | that The Wall Street Journal can’t do? | 而《华尔街日报》做不到的事? |
[07:06] | Does CMS excite you? | CMS会让你感到激动吗? |
[07:09] | Okay. Does it get you all hot and thirsty? | 它会让你感到性感、口干舌燥吗? |
[07:13] | I don’t know how to answer that. | 我不知道该怎么回答 |
[07:14] | No, it doesn’t, because it’s boring. | 并不会 因为它很无聊 |
[07:16] | Oh my God. Even the name’s boring. | 天啊 连名字都这么无聊 |
[07:18] | Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. | 医疗护理和医疗救助服务中心 |
[07:21] | It’s just like so boring | 它无聊到 |
[07:22] | that I can’t even say it without getting bored. | 连说出口我都觉得无聊 |
[07:24] | And Elizabeth, no, she can’t spin boring. | 而伊丽莎白骗不过无聊 |
[07:26] | Underfunded and understaffed, | 虽然他们资金不足、人手不足 |
[07:28] | but if they get a formal complaint, | 但如果收到正式投诉 |
[07:29] | they have to investigate it. It’s just this fucking boring | 他们就得去调查 就是这样 |
[07:32] | fucking federal fucking regulatory agency that can shut her ass down. | 他妈的联邦监管机构 才能让她关门大吉 |
[07:42] | You signed your name. | 你署名了 |
[07:43] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:47] | -Are… Are you sure? -No. | -你确定? -不确定 |
[07:52] | But I’m doing it. | 但我要这么做 |
[07:55] | Like I… I want there to be a record. | 我想要那里有记录 |
[07:58] | And I want people to remember what she did | 我想要人们记得她做了什么 |
[08:00] | and I want it down on paper and I wanna sign my name. | 我想要白纸黑字记下来 签上我的名字 |
[08:07] | Do you think it’s dumb? | 你觉得这样很蠢吗? |
[08:15] | No. | 不会 |
[08:17] | I think it’s fucking amazing. | 我觉得非常棒 |
[08:26] | Charlotte tells me you have something you’d like to say. | 夏洛特跟我说你有事要对我说 |
[08:31] | Yeah. I, uh… I wrote it down. | 对 我…写下来了 |
[08:37] | And I’m… I’m just gonna read it. | 我…要念了 |
[08:57] | Grandpa… | 爷爷… |
[09:00] | before I explain everything, | 在我解释一切之前 |
[09:02] | I think it’s important that I tell you the truth. | 我想 向你坦白是很重要的 |
[09:05] | That you are the reporter’s source? | 你是记者的线人? |
[09:07] | -George… -You’ve been his source all along? | -乔治… -消息来源一直都是你? |
[09:11] | Just say it. | 承认吧 |
[09:20] | I was the one who talked to the reporter | 是我跟《华尔街日报》记者 |
[09:23] | -from The Wall Street Journal. -I trusted you. | -爆料了 -我相信了你 |
[09:26] | I asked you not to lie | 我要求你别骗我 |
[09:29] | and you lied to me. | 而你说谎了 |
[09:37] | And I am now planning to go on the record for a future article. | 我现在正打算在一篇文章公开陈述 |
[09:41] | Excuse me? | 不好意思? |
[09:44] | I’m gonna let John use my name. | 我会让约翰利用我的名字 |
[09:48] | Your name? | 你的名字? |
[09:50] | You mean my name? | 你是说我的名字吧? |
[09:54] | -It’s my name too. -You go on the record | -也是我的名字 -你要具名发表 |
[09:56] | and the story becomes about me. You understand that, right? | 然后报道就会扯上我 你懂吧? |
[10:01] | Do you understand what my name means to people. | 你明白我的名字对人们 代表什么意义吗? |
[10:05] | Yes. | 明白 |
[10:08] | Your name has been my whole life. | 你的名字已经跟了我一生 |
[10:10] | And that makes you angry? | 这让你感到生气? |
[10:14] | Do you know… | 你知道… |
[10:15] | -how lucky you are? -George, | -你有多幸运吗? -乔治 |
[10:18] | let him read the letter. | 让他念完信 |
[10:24] | Over the past year, | 在过去一年 |
[10:26] | I’ve been followed by multiple private investigators. | 我被多名私家侦探跟踪 |
[10:31] | I’ve been frightened for my safety. | 我对自己的人身安全感到害怕 |
[10:34] | I’ve stopped seeing most of my friends. | 我与大多数朋友不再往来 |
[10:38] | I’ve struggled… with depression. | 我一直在与忧郁症对抗 |
[10:43] | And my parents, your son and daughter-in-law, | 我的父母 你的儿子与媳妇 |
[10:48] | almost had to sell their house to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars | 几乎要卖掉房子 才能支付数十万美元的 |
[10:51] | in legal fees. | 法律费用 |
[10:56] | And the only reasons I can think as to why you continue | 我唯一能想到你继续 |
[11:00] | to believe Elizabeth’s lies… | 相信伊丽莎白谎言的原因… |
[11:01] | You’re the one who just admitted to being a liar. | 你才是刚承认说谎的人 |
[11:06] | The only reasons that make sense are that you are complicit | 唯一合理的原因就是 你是血液检测公司 |
[11:11] | -in what Theranos is doing… -Ridiculous! | -行为的同谋 -可笑! |
[11:15] | Or… | 或是… |
[11:20] | Or what? | 或什么? |
[11:23] | That I’m losing my mind? | 我疯了? |
[11:29] | That I have dementia. | 我得了老人痴呆? |
[11:35] | The only way | 我相信此时 |
[11:37] | that I believe our relationship could be repaired at this point | 唯一能修复我们关系的办法 |
[11:44] | is if you step forward as the first board member of Theranos | 就是 你站出来当第一个反对 |
[11:47] | to come out against Elizabeth and her company. | 伊丽莎白和血液检测公司的董事会成员 |
[11:53] | I’m… | 我… |
[11:58] | I love you… Tyler. | 我爱你 泰勒 |
[12:08] | Get out of my home. | 滚出我家 |
[12:20] | Th… Thank you for the tea. | 谢谢你们的茶 |
[12:47] | Jared Leto is presenting me with the award. | 贾里德·雷托会颁奖给我 |
[12:51] | -He’s an actor. -Oh, that’s fun. | -他是个演员 -真有趣 |
[12:54] | So glamorous. | 太迷人了 |
[13:03] | Thank you for… | 谢谢你… |
[13:06] | I just, I know it’s been a hard couple of weeks | 我知道过去几周很艰难 |
[13:11] | and I feel like you’ve just… you’ve become a friend, Linda, | 我觉得我们已经是朋友了 琳达 |
[13:15] | so I th… uh, | 嗯… |
[13:17] | I don’t have any friends, so… | 我没有任何朋友 所以… |
[13:21] | Oh, well… | 这个嘛… |
[13:28] | You have arrived. | 您已经抵达 |
[13:30] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:36] | Hi. I’m Gary Yamamoto from | 我是山本盖瑞 |
[13:39] | the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. | 来自医疗护理和医疗救助服务中心 |
[13:41] | I’m here to inspect the labs. | 我是来这检查实验室的 |
[13:43] | You have arrived. | 您已经抵达 |
[13:45] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:47] | I can’t figure out how to turn this thing off. | 我找不出关掉的方法 |
[13:55] | What is he eating? Is that a snack? | 他在吃什么?零食吗? |
[13:57] | I can’t see. | 看不清楚 |
[13:58] | -Is it a… is it… is it fruit? -Is it grapes? | -是水果吗? -是萄葡吗? |
[14:01] | We have to show him the lab. | 我们得让他看实验室 |
[14:02] | We knew this could happen. | 我们知道这可能会发生的 |
[14:03] | Maybe we’ll get away with a fine. | 或许罚个款就没事了 |
[14:05] | He can shut down the labs. | 他会关掉我们的实验室 |
[14:06] | -We don’t know that yet. -Who complained to CMS? | -那还不一定 -是谁向CMS投诉的? |
[14:09] | Somebody had to have complained. | 一定有人投诉的 |
[14:10] | Do you think it was Mark or Tyler? | 你觉得是马克或泰勒吗? |
[14:13] | -He just went on record with Carreyrou. -I’ll find out. | -他刚在卡雷鲁的文章具名 -我会查出来的 |
[14:16] | I’ll find out and nail the motherfucker. | 我会找出这个混球 |
[14:17] | I’m so sick and tired of wasting time | 钉死他 我受够了浪费时间 |
[14:19] | on this bullshit instead of on what really matters. | 在这种狗屁上面 而不是重要的事 |
[14:21] | Yes, the products. Yes. | 没错 产品才是重点 |
[14:23] | Yes. The rules are outdated. | 规则已经过时了 |
[14:26] | How can we actually get anything done? How can we make any changes | 如果我们被追杀 要怎么才能完成工作? |
[14:29] | if we’re being hunted? | 要怎么样才能做出改变? |
[14:30] | Hunted and harassed by the government. | 被政府追杀、骚扰 |
[14:32] | Who is telling them what to do? | 是谁叫他们这么做的? |
[14:34] | Quest, Labcorp? | Quest还是Labcorp? |
[14:36] | Maybe, maybe, | 或许吧… |
[14:38] | maybe. But we do have to talk to him | 但我们还是得在某个时间 |
[14:40] | at some point. So what are we gonna do? | 跟他谈 所以我们要怎么办? |
[14:42] | Who’s gonna sit with him? | 谁去跟他谈? |
[14:47] | Uh, one… one of us should talk to him. | 我们其中一个应该去跟他谈 |
[14:48] | Oh, definitely, definitely. | 当然… |
[14:50] | – Yeah. – Or we go in together. | -对 -或是我们一起去 |
[14:53] | Y… yeah. Yeah, maybe. | 对…或许 |
[14:55] | Well, from a legal perspective, | 从法律的角度 |
[14:58] | I… I think that we should keep Elizabeth out of it. | 我认为不该让伊丽莎白参与进来 |
[15:02] | Really? | 是吗? |
[15:03] | Yeah, I mean, I… | 我是说 |
[15:05] | I’m not afraid of… of talking to him | 我不怕和他谈 |
[15:08] | or, uh, you know, answering questions. | 或是回答问题 |
[15:11] | I don’t think that you should. | 我不认为你应该要去 |
[15:15] | Well, you can do it. | 你行的 |
[15:18] | -Alone? -Well, I have that ceremony tonight, | -我自己一个? -我今晚有个典礼要参加 |
[15:21] | and I think that’s gonna be really good for our image. | 我认为那对我们的形象帮助很大 |
[15:24] | -What’s the award? -I’m one of the Women of the Year. | -什么奖项?-我是年度最佳女性之一 |
[15:28] | Yeah. I’m so lucky to have you. | 有你在太幸运了 |
[15:33] | You can do this. | 你可以的 |
[15:35] | You fight, transcend. | 你会对抗并超越 |
[15:38] | You knock the legs out from under him. | 对他迎头痛击 |
[15:40] | You run circles around him. | 你比他强 |
[15:41] | You do the presentation, you sell him on us. | 你去做报告 让他支持我们 |
[15:45] | The PowerPoint, everything. | 幻灯片什么的 全拿出来 |
[15:48] | No. | 不 |
[15:50] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[15:51] | I don’t need to see a presentation. | 我不需要看什么介绍报告 |
[15:53] | I just need to see the labs. | 我只要看实验室就行了 |
[15:54] | Where’s Elizabeth Holmes? | 伊丽莎白·霍姆斯人呢? |
[15:56] | Well, I’d like to talk to whoever it is you work for. | 我要和你的上司谈 |
[16:00] | We’re gonna talk to somebody. Linda? | 我们会和某人谈谈的 琳达? |
[16:02] | Yes. We’re going to contact your superiors. | 对 我们要联络你的上司 |
[16:05] | There’s no one to talk to. | 没有这个人 |
[16:07] | I’ll probably be holed up here for a few days. | 我可能要在这待上几天 |
[16:09] | I’ve got my checklist. | 我已经有份清单 |
[16:11] | I’ll just work my way down the list and write a report. | 照着清单检查 写份报告 |
[16:15] | When is the report coming out? | 报告何时会出炉? |
[16:17] | You won’t have to wait too long. | 要不了多久的 |
[16:28] | Ho-ly shit. | 我的老天 |
[16:51] | Two years. They shut her down for two years. | 两年 他们要她关闭两年 |
[16:54] | She won’t come back from this. | 这下她回不来了 |
[17:06] | -Go. -Oh, I’m gonna write it. | -去吧 -我要写它 |
[17:08] | Yeah, now. | 好 现去就去 |
[17:09] | Federal bureaucracy. Red tape. It is beautiful. | 联邦官僚机构 官僚作风 太帅了 |
[17:13] | -It is slow… -Go write. | -又慢… -去写 |
[17:15] | – and boring and beautiful. -Go, go! | -又无聊但太帅了 -快去… |
[17:20] | I just fell in love with federal bureaucracy | 我刚爱上联邦官僚作风了 |
[17:22] | and I don’t care who knows it. | 我才不管别人的眼光 |
[17:36] | This report is gonna come out. | 这份报告会被公布的 |
[17:41] | Somebody probably already leaked it. | 八成有人已经泄露了 |
[17:48] | I’m gonna have to do something. | 我必须做点什么 |
[17:53] | I’m going to have to make a move. | 我得有所行动 |
[18:18] | Do you remember the first time you spoke to me in Beijing? | 你记得你在北京 第一次和我说话的情景吗? |
[18:26] | I was just remembering. | 我刚想起来的 |
[18:31] | I was going back over old emails and text messages. | 我刚正在回顾旧电邮及短信 |
[18:38] | Why would you do that? | 为何你要这么做? |
[18:40] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[18:42] | I wanted to remember. | 我要记得 |
[18:46] | Why? | 为什么? |
[18:49] | It’s romantic… | 回顾旧短信 |
[18:52] | to look over old texts. | 是很浪漫的 |
[18:57] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我? |
[19:04] | Have you been speaking to a lawyer? | 你一直在和律师联络? |
[19:13] | Yes. | 对 |
[19:15] | I called a lawyer. | 我打了给一位律师 |
[19:26] | I have to protect myself. | 我得保护我自己 |
[19:30] | From what? | 保护什么? |
[19:33] | Do you think that we did something wrong? | 你认为我们有做错什么吗? |
[19:38] | Or did you do something that I didn’t know about? | 还是你做了什么我不知道的事? |
[19:43] | You think that… I did things that… you didn’t do? | 你认为我做了你不知道的事? |
[19:49] | Did you? | 你有吗? |
[19:52] | I don’t know everything that you did. | 我不知道你所做的每件事 |
[19:56] | If you did something wrong, | 如果你做错了什么 |
[20:00] | you should tell me. | 应该要告诉我 |
[20:06] | What did you do, Sunny? | 你做了什么 桑尼? |
[20:11] | Maybe I could help you. | 或许我能帮你 |
[20:14] | I could set you up with some good lawyers. | 我能帮你介绍一些好律师 |
[20:23] | So, I’m taking the blame? | 所以我该为此负责? |
[20:29] | I’m taking the blame. | 都是我的责任? |
[20:35] | I worked for six years, day and night, to help you. | 六年来 我不分日夜工作帮助你 |
[20:44] | This was your dream, | 这是你的梦想 |
[20:47] | your passion, not mine. | 你的热情所在 不是我的 |
[20:53] | I know how hard it’s gonna be to transition. | 我知道过渡期会很困难 |
[20:56] | Transition. | 过渡期 |
[20:58] | Transition out of the company… | 工作转换的过渡期 |
[21:01] | but you should know that I am so grateful to you | 但你要知道我很感谢你 |
[21:06] | for everything that you’ve done. | 所做的每一件事 |
[21:11] | You’ve known me since I was a girl. | 我很年轻的时候 你就认识我了 |
[21:15] | How old was I when, when I met you? | 我认识你的时候才几岁? |
[21:18] | I was… barely 18. | 才…刚满18吧 |
[21:25] | You’ve taught me everything I know. | 我会的一切都是你教的 |
[21:30] | You’re good. | 你很厉害 |
[21:32] | So I just want you to know that | 所以我只是想要你知道 |
[21:35] | this is gonna be really hard for me to… | 情感方面对我来说 |
[21:38] | handle emotionally. | 真的很难消化 |
[21:50] | I’m not leaving until we break even. | 损益没有打平以前 我不会离开的 |
[21:54] | We’ll do this together | 我们会一起做到的 |
[21:56] | and I will be by your side until the end. | 我会陪你到最后 |
[22:04] | I can’t leave like this, I… I can’t. | 我不能像这样离开 |
[22:09] | We will talk and find… | 我们好好商量 |
[22:12] | the perfect focus, | 找出专注重点 |
[22:15] | and the perfect plan, | 制定最佳计划 |
[22:18] | and we’ll execute with our heads down, | 然后低着头专心执行 |
[22:20] | and build a new product, and break even. | 创造一个新产品 达到损益平衡 |
[22:23] | Yeah. | 好 |
[22:26] | You need me until then. | 到那时为止 你都还会需要我 |
[22:30] | We’re tied together. | 我们是绑在一起的 |
[22:34] | Of course. | 当然 |
[23:01] | But where will you live? | 但你以后要住哪呢? |
[23:07] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[23:10] | The house is in my name. | 这栋房子在我的名下 |
[23:28] | -Hello? -It’s John. | -喂? -我是约翰 |
[23:32] | I… just wanted to let you know that… | 我只是想让你知道… |
[23:37] | I just got word that CMS is shutting down the Theranos labs. | 我听说CMS 要关闭血液检测公司的实验室 |
[23:41] | -Wait, what? -For two years. | -等一下 什么? -关闭两年 |
[23:47] | Erika, did you hear me? | 艾丽卡 你听到了吗? |
[23:50] | I wanna make sure that you know that… | 我想要确定你知道 |
[23:54] | this is happening because of you. | 全因为你 事情才能走到今天这步 |
[23:56] | Because of the letter that you wrote | 因为你所的那封信 |
[23:59] | and… God, I know… | 天啊 而我知道… |
[24:03] | what it took to sign your name. | 署名所付出的代价 |
[24:06] | And… Actually, I don’t. | 不 其实我根本不懂 |
[24:09] | But, uh… you saved people’s lives. | 但…你救了很多人的生命 |
[24:17] | Erika, are you there? | 艾丽卡 你还在吗? |
[24:26] | Um, I probably… | 我大概… |
[24:29] | I shouldn’t be talking to you on the phone right now but… | 现在我大概不该和你讲电话 可是… |
[24:35] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:41] | Hello, Miriam. | 你好 玛莉安 |
[25:43] | Who’s Miriam? That’s not my name. | 玛莉安是谁?我不叫这个名字 |
[25:45] | Do you know where Elizabeth is? | 你知道伊丽莎白在哪吗? |
[25:47] | I thought you knew. She went home right after the board meeting. | 我以为你知道 她开会董事会就直接回家了 |
[25:50] | What board meeting? It’s seven o’clock in the morning! | 什么董事会?现在才早上7点! |
[25:53] | She said to let you sleep. That she would catch you up. | 她说让你睡 她晚一点再跟你说 |
[26:09] | I respect your decision. | 我尊重你的决定 |
[26:12] | My decision? | 我的决定? |
[26:14] | To step down. | 下台 |
[26:15] | It’s the right thing to do. For Elizabeth. | 这是对的做法 为了伊丽莎白 |
[26:26] | What is your current relationship with Sunny Balwani? | 目前你与 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼的关系是什么? |
[26:29] | We haven’t talked in a long time. | 我们很久没讲话了 |
[26:32] | What happened to the relationship? | 这段关系怎么了? |
[26:33] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[26:35] | How did it end? | 它是怎么结束的? |
[26:36] | -The personal relationship? -Yes. | -私人关系的部分? -对 |
[26:40] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[26:42] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[26:43] | You know, I… I think when he joined the company… | 我想 当他加入公司时… |
[26:47] | it was… When we started working together, | 当我们开始一起工作 |
[26:51] | it was a very intense working relationship. | 工作关系非常紧张 |
[26:55] | And there, this sort of romantic piece | 于是一开始 |
[26:58] | that was there in the beginning died. | 有点暧昧的部分就消失 |
[27:04] | I th… I don’t think it happened in… in one moment. | 我想那不是…一瞬间的事 |
[27:09] | I… I think it just became clear that… | 只是变得很清楚 |
[27:12] | that we were colleagues. | 我们就只是同事 |
[27:15] | Mr. Balwani is no longer at Theranos, correct? | 巴尔瓦尼先生 不在血液检测公司工作了 对吗? |
[27:18] | -That’s right. -Why did he leave? | -没错 -他为何要离开? |
[27:22] | It was time for new leadership and a different leadership structure. | 刚好是时候换新领导者 以及不同的领导结构 |
[27:28] | -Was it mutual? -Yes. | -经双方同意? -对 |
[27:31] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[27:32] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[27:33] | -In here! -Elizabeth! | -我在这里 -伊丽莎白 |
[27:36] | You bitch. You bitch. | 你这个贱货 |
[27:39] | What are you gonna do? | 你想怎么样? |
[27:41] | You said you would step down from the company. | 你自己说你要从公司离职的 |
[27:43] | -I… -So you’re stepping down. | -我… -所以就让你离职了 |
[27:45] | I said, on my terms! | 我说的是照我的条件 |
[27:47] | I said, on my terms when we broke even! | 我说的是照我的条件 当公司损益两平的时候 |
[27:49] | -And what is this? What is this? -I’m leaving… I’m leaving you. | -现在是怎样? -我要离开你 |
[27:52] | Now, you’re leaving me? | 你现在要离开我? |
[27:53] | You said the house was in your name. | 你说这房子是在你的名下的 |
[27:54] | So, you go and run away behind my back? | 所以你要趁我不在逃走? |
[27:55] | I’m going to get my own place. It’s been over | 我要找个自己的地方 已经结束 |
[27:57] | -for a while now. -This is how you treat someone | -一段时间了 -你就用这种方式 |
[27:59] | who loves you? Who’s loved you for years. | 对待某个爱你多年的人? |
[28:03] | -Oh, my God. -Gonna take a few of my things now. | -天啊 -现在要拿走一些我自己的东西 |
[28:05] | There’s nothing there. | 那里什么都没有 |
[28:06] | I need someone I trust to take the rest of it. | 剩下的我会找我信任的人来拿 |
[28:08] | There’s nothing inside you. | 你的内心什么都没有 |
[28:10] | I invented you inside my head. | 我在我的脑海里虚构出你 |
[28:12] | For 12 years, I’ve been inventing you. | 12年来 我一直在这么做 |
[28:13] | I made you up. | 你是我编出来的 |
[28:15] | You’re not real! | 不是真实的 |
[28:18] | You don’t have feelings. | 你没有感情 |
[28:21] | You aren’t a person. You’re a ghost! | 你不是一个人 是鬼 |
[28:24] | You’re nothing! You’re nothing! | 你什么都不是… |
[28:28] | You’re not real! | 你不是真实的 |
[28:33] | You’re nothing. | 你什么都不是 |
[28:34] | And you’re a mediocre software engineer. | 而你只是个二流的软件工程师 |
[28:39] | Okay. Bye. | 算了 再见 |
[28:54] | You think you can get rid of me | 你想摆脱我 |
[28:57] | and carry on? | 自己继续干? |
[28:59] | It’s over. | 结束了 |
[29:01] | They’re going to come for us. | 他们会来找我们的 |
[29:04] | We could go to jail. | 我们可能会坐牢 |
[29:05] | -I have a lot of lawyers. -You have no idea what’s about to happen. | -我有很多律师 -你完全不知道会发生什么 |
[29:09] | Trust me. The world is a mean place. | 相信我 这世界是很残酷的 |
[29:13] | Everyone has only been nice to you because of greed. | 每次人之前对你好 都是因为贪心 |
[29:17] | They won’t stay. They’ll leave you. | 他们不会留下来的 他们会离你而去 |
[29:20] | Everyone will leave you | 每个人都会离开你 |
[29:22] | and they’ll say they didn’t know anything. | 他们会说他们什么都不知道 |
[29:24] | And what are you going to say? | 那你会说什么? |
[29:29] | I won’t hurt you. | 我不会伤害你的 |
[30:15] | Can you touch this part up some? | 你可以再补一下这里吗? |
[30:18] | It’s looking a little… dead. | 看起来有点死气沉沉 |
[30:20] | Did you know that almost five million people | 你知道有近500万人 |
[30:22] | watch this show every morning? I had no idea. | 每天早上看这个节目吗? 我完全不知道 |
[30:24] | -Chris. -What? | -克里斯 -什么事? |
[30:26] | You know? I don’t need you. I… I can do this. Thank you. | 我不用你了 我自己可以 谢谢 |
[30:27] | Lot of competition these days. It’s impressive. | 这年头竞争很激烈 令人印象深刻 |
[30:29] | The lawyer said your brother might get deposed. | 律师说你哥可能会被免职 |
[30:31] | -Is that true, Elizabeth? -I don’t know yet. | -是真的吗 伊丽莎白? -我还不知道 |
[30:33] | Glad you got rid of Sunny… | 很高兴你摆脱了桑尼 |
[30:35] | I mean, I had no idea he was mismanaging the labs so badly. | 我是说 我不知道 他实验室管得那么差 |
[30:38] | Hi. Just coming in to wish you good luck. | 嗨 只是来祝你好运 |
[30:41] | Wow, that’s great. | 很好 |
[30:43] | You know, we were just talking about Sunny. | 我们刚谈到桑尼 |
[30:44] | How glad we are that he’s gone. | 说我们有多开心他不在了 |
[30:46] | Yes. Well… | 是的 这个嘛… |
[30:49] | Linda has been over the talking points. | 琳达看过了访谈要点 |
[30:51] | Now, this interviewer will be very hard on you. | 这个访谈者会对你很严厉 |
[30:54] | But that’s your opportunity to apologize. | 但那是你道歉的机会 |
[30:57] | Yes, apologize and then she can just move on from this. | 道歉 然后她就能重新开始 |
[31:01] | Absolutely. Own up to the mistakes Sunny made | 当然 坦白承认桑尼的错 |
[31:04] | and then talk about how you are gonna move the company forward. | 然后谈你要如何推动公司未来发展 |
[31:08] | And we’ve gone over the wording of the apology and… | 我们也检查了道歉的措辞 |
[31:11] | we feel good about it? | 感觉还行吗? |
[31:16] | Yes, well, this is going to be great. | 嗯 一定会很棒的 |
[31:18] | We’re behind you and they have set up that conference room | 我们在你身后 他们已经在会议室 |
[31:21] | with a live feed so we can watch. Is your makeup done? | 设好现场转播让我们看 妆化好了吗? |
[31:26] | You look different. | 你看起来很不一样 |
[31:30] | You know, I’m just… I’ll get someone to touch it up. | 我去…找人来补一下妆 |
[31:32] | -Yeah. -Okay. Yeah. Good. | -好 -很好 |
[31:35] | So, how you doing? | 你好吗? |
[31:38] | Did you have a chance to… look at the apology that we drafted? | 你看过我们起草的道歉文吗? |
[31:42] | -Yeah, yeah. -I don’t work in PR but, uh, I think… | -看过… -我不是公关 可是我认为… |
[31:46] | I think what people want right now is some acknowledgement, right? | 我认为人们现在想要某种承认吧 |
[31:50] | Some emotional acknowledgement. So, um… | 承认某种情感 所以… |
[31:55] | like, they wanna know that… that you’re ashamed, yeah? | 他们想知道你感到羞愧 |
[31:59] | Ashamed? | 羞愧? |
[32:00] | Especially in that word “devastated”. | 尤其是“心力交瘁”这个词 |
[32:04] | Keep it really warm, really sincere. | 要讲得温暖又真心 |
[32:10] | Well, it looks like they’re ready. | 看来他们好像准备好了 |
[32:12] | So, you know… you know what, just don’t even overthink it at all. | 知道吗?别想太多就好 |
[32:15] | Just go, be yourself. | 去吧 做自己 |
[32:22] | The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid | 医疗护理和医疗救助服务中心 |
[32:25] | have shut down your lab. | 关掉了你的实验室 |
[32:28] | -One lab. -Okay. | -一间实验室 -好吧 |
[32:30] | But that is a pretty big obstacle for a medical company | 但对于一家 估价超过90亿美元的医疗公司 |
[32:34] | that’s been valued at over nine billion dollars. | 这是一个很大的障碍 |
[32:37] | It wouldn’t be the first time | 这将不会是我们第一次 |
[32:39] | that we’ve bounced back from a challenge. | 从挑战中反弹过来 |
[32:42] | To be frank, this seems like more than just a challenge. | 说真的 这看起来不像是挑过那么简单 |
[32:45] | CMS found critical violations throughout the laboratory. | CMS发现整个实验室 都有严重违规行为 |
[32:49] | In fact, they say that the lab | 事实上 他们说实验室 |
[32:50] | posed immediate jeopardy to patients’ safety. | 对患者的安全造成直接威胁 |
[32:58] | What’s your response to that? | 对此 你怎么回应? |
[33:02] | I feel devastated that we didn’t catch | 我对于我们没有早点找出 |
[33:06] | and fix the issue faster. | 并解决问题 感到心力交瘁 |
[33:10] | Do you hold yourself responsible for not hiring the right people? | 你认为自己该 对没有雇用合适的人负责吗? |
[33:14] | For not having critical oversight? | 为监督不够严格而负责吗? |
[33:17] | Like I said, I… I feel devastated. | 就像我说的 我感到心力交瘁 |
[33:20] | Uh, and we’re looking to… rebuild from scratch. | 我们准备要从零做起 |
[33:25] | I’m… I’m a better leader now. | 我现在是个更好的领导者了 |
[33:27] | And like I said, it’s devastating. | 像我说的 这令人心力交瘁 |
[33:34] | You’re running a healthcare start-up. | 你经营的是医疗保健新创公司 |
[33:36] | You’re dealing with people’s lives. | 你处理的是人命问题 |
[33:38] | You’re dealing with test results that doctors use | 你处理的是医生用来 |
[33:41] | to diagnose their patients. So, you would’ve thought | 诊断病人的测试结果 所以人们会认为 |
[33:45] | that you would have lab integrity in place from the get-go. | 实验室的操守一开始就该到位 |
[33:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[33:53] | Yeah. | 对的 |
[33:58] | Like I said, it’s devastating, absolutely. | 就像我说的 这真令人很心力交瘁 |
[34:03] | But I… I believe that… | 但我…相信… |
[34:07] | I… I don’t believe that we put anyone’s health in danger. | 我不认为我们危及了任何人的健康 |
[34:23] | You ready to go? It’s cold. | 你准备好了吗?天气很冷 |
[34:25] | I think you may need a jacket or something. | 我想你应该要加件外套之类的 |
[34:28] | George? | 乔治? |
[34:33] | George? | 乔治? |
[34:54] | Where is everybody? Where’s David? | 大家人呢?大卫呢? |
[34:56] | Oh, they just, um… That was good. That… that was a good job. | 他们刚…你刚刚表现很好 做得好 |
[35:00] | They… I’m just gonna follow-up on… on… on a few… | 我得要…去跟进几项事… |
[35:10] | You looked great. | 你看起来太棒了 |
[35:13] | -It was a good start. – Leave me alone. | -那是个好的开始 -别烦我 |
[35:17] | Don’t talk to us like that. | 不准那样跟我们说话 |
[35:19] | -Chris? She needs to change her clothes. -And… | -克里斯 她要换衣服了 -还有… |
[35:26] | Right. | 好 |
[35:34] | You’re going to rebuild. | 你会重建的 |
[35:39] | You will. | 你会的 |
[35:41] | You’re just smearing it in. Give it to me. | 你只是在把它抹进去 给我 |
[35:44] | I think I’m very angry at you. I am. | 我对你感到生气 真的 |
[35:48] | I’m very angry. | 我很生气 |
[35:51] | But you told me that when you visited me at school, | 但是你到学校看我时 |
[35:55] | after everything that happened, | 当那么多事发生后 |
[35:57] | you told me… | 你告诉我 |
[36:01] | to just put it away | 把它放到一旁 |
[36:03] | and forget it. | 忘了它 |
[36:07] | If you choose to forget certain things… | 如果你选择忘记某些事 |
[36:12] | do you think that’s lying? | 你认为那算说谎吗? |
[36:18] | I’ll be outside. | 我在外面等 |
[36:21] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂 |
[37:20] | Lizzy. | 小丽 |
[37:23] | Lizzy. | 小丽 |
[37:27] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[37:29] | You were faking it. | 你是装的 |
[37:31] | -I was asleep. -Liar. | -我刚睡着了 -骗人 |
[37:35] | Dude, you’re a liar. | 你是个骗子 |
[37:39] | Oh, I love you. | 我爱你 |
[37:41] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[37:43] | Exhibit 264 purports to be a September 23rd, 2014 email | 264号物证是 2014年9月23日的电子邮件 |
[37:48] | from Elizabeth Holmes to Sunny Balwani, | 由伊丽莎白·霍姆斯 发给桑尼·巴尔瓦尼 |
[37:50] | with subject line, “Re: Innovation Payment Letter.” | 主题为“回复:创新使用付款信” |
[37:54] | Have you seen Exhibit 264 before? | 你之前看过264号物证吗? |
[37:57] | I don’t remember. But I have no reason to doubt the email. | 我不记得了 但我没有理由怀疑这封电子邮件 |
[38:02] | Dude, you just gotta give me like one, one item of food. Anything. | 宝贝 你只要告诉我一种食物 什么都行 |
[38:07] | I… I don’t know. | 我…不知道 |
[38:09] | How do you not know what your favorite food is? | 你怎么可能不知道 自己最喜欢什么食物? |
[38:12] | Did Mr. Balwani provide financial projections to investors? | 巴尔瓦尼先生 提供了财务预测给投资者吗? |
[38:15] | I can’t remember specific instances sitting here. | 我不记得这里的具体实例了 |
[38:19] | There’s these wind storms and you have to wear goggles | 在这些风暴中 你必须戴上护目镜 |
[38:21] | ’cause it’s so fucking dusty. | 因为尘土太飞扬了 |
[38:22] | But like you just feel so much love in the air, and then at the end, | 但在空气中 你却感受到如此多的爱 而最后 |
[38:28] | they burn this 60-foot, like, wooden structure of a man. | 他会们烧掉这个18米高的木造人偶 |
[38:33] | And… but it’s just like… | 但那就像是… |
[38:35] | all your fears and your inhibitions, they just… | 你所有的恐惧及禁忌都… |
[38:40] | like everything goes up in like a big fire. | 有如一切就像大火一样升天 |
[38:44] | -And it’s just so fucking cleansing. -You’re beautiful. | -真是太他妈清爽了 -你好美 |
[38:49] | You’re beautiful. | 你好美 |
[38:53] | How old are you? | 你几岁? |
[38:55] | How old are you? | 你几岁? |
[39:01] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[39:04] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得 |
[39:06] | For VIPs, would Sunny let you know | 桑尼有让你知道 为贵宾们的 |
[39:08] | how the demonstrations went? | 示范进行得如何吗? |
[39:09] | I don’t specifically remember. | 我记不清楚了 |
[39:11] | Did you ever tell investors or prospective investors that… | 你有告诉过投资者或潜在投资者… |
[39:13] | I… I… I don’t remember. I can’t recall. | 我…不记得了 想不起来 |
[39:16] | I… I don’t recall… | 我…想不起来… |
[39:19] | I… I don’t remember. | 我…不记得 |
[39:22] | When was the last time | 你最后一次和 |
[39:22] | you had contact with Sunny Balwani? | 桑尼·巴尔瓦尼 接触是什么时候? |
[39:25] | I… I think early this year, 2017. | 我记得是今年稍早 2017年 |
[39:30] | And how did you meet with him? | 你是怎么遇到他的? |
[39:32] | It wasn’t a meeting. I… I think I was running | 不是在会议 我想是在慢跑时 |
[39:35] | and he was running at the same time. | 他也在慢跑 |
[39:39] | And we passed each other and said, “Hello.” | 我们擦身而过 打了招呼 |
[39:42] | Was there any substance to the conversation? | 有任何实质谈话内容吗? |
[39:43] | He said, “Hello.” And… | 他说“你好” 然后… |
[39:47] | And that was it. | 就这么多 |
[40:04] | Thank you, everyone. Thank you. | 谢谢大家 谢谢 |
[40:09] | Lizzy. | 小丽 |
[40:12] | Lizzy. | 小丽 |
[40:15] | Lizzy. | 小丽 |
[40:18] | Why do you call me that? | 为什么你这么叫我? |
[40:20] | ‘Cause you look like a Lizzy. | 因为你看起来就像小丽 |
[40:22] | I do? | 像吗? |
[40:41] | Hello, Mr. Shultz. Pleasure to meet you. | 舒尔茨先生您好 很高兴见到您 |
[40:43] | I’m sure it is. | 肯定是 |
[40:51] | I understand that you are… | 我知道您是来这里 |
[40:55] | in town on business with your foundation? | 处理基金会的公事 |
[40:58] | You do your homework. | 你有做功课嘛 |
[41:06] | And you said on the phone | 您在电话里说 |
[41:07] | that there is something you wanted to discuss. | 有事想讨论 |
[41:09] | Yes. | 对 |
[41:14] | It has to do with my family. | 跟我的家族有关 |
[41:19] | -All right. -All of this has torn us apart. | -好的 -这一切都让我们家族破碎 |
[41:25] | In fact, half of them no longer speak with me. | 事实上 有半数人不再与我说话 |
[41:28] | And I put the blame for that on you. | 而我怪罪于你 |
[41:33] | Well, um… | 这个嘛… |
[41:35] | -with all due respect, sir, I… -Let me finish, Mr. Carreyrou. | -恕我直言… -让我说完 卡雷鲁先生 |
[41:41] | I put the blame for that on you. | 我怪罪到你身上 |
[41:45] | But I was wrong to do it. | 是错的 |
[41:55] | I abandoned my own grandson. | 我抛弃了自己的孙子 |
[42:00] | I slandered him. Not at the dinner table. | 我不是在餐桌上诋毁他 |
[42:04] | Not in the privacy of our home. | 不是私下在家中 |
[42:09] | In the press, | 而是在新闻界 |
[42:12] | for the world. | 为了全世界 |
[42:15] | Do you think perhaps you just… didn’t want to admit you were wrong? | 您有想过或许 只是您不想承认自己错了? |
[42:20] | I’m not here to be one of your sources. | 我不是来当你的消息来源的 |
[42:23] | What I say to you here is not for attribution. | 我在这对你说的话 不是为了提供消息 |
[42:32] | This is my statement. | 这是我的声明稿 |
[42:34] | I want to publicly recognize Tyler’s integrity. | 我想公开认可泰勒的德行操守 |
[42:40] | I want him to have as much of his good name back… | 我想让他尽量恢复自己的名誉 |
[42:45] | as I can give him. | 尽我所能 |
[43:02] | Thank you for your time, Mr. Carreyrou. | 感谢你前来 卡雷鲁先生 |
[43:16] | It’s not that I couldn’t admit that I was wrong. | 并非我不能承认自己是错的 |
[43:22] | I just chose not to see it… | 我只是选择了不去正视 |
[43:26] | like an old fool. | 像个老傻瓜 |
[43:30] | Isn’t it amazing? | 是不是很神奇? |
[43:33] | How far decent people will go | 当正派的人确信自己是对的时候 |
[43:35] | when they’re sure they’re right? | 他们会陷得多深 |
[44:55] | With this SEC settlement agreement, you’re looking | 按照这份SEC和解协议 大约会有 |
[44:58] | at hundreds of thousands of dollars in cost, | 几十万美元的成本 |
[44:59] | that plus the shareholder settlement that’s priced in the millions. | 加上几百万美元股东和解的费用 |
[45:04] | Rupert Murdoch sold all of his shares for a dollar. | 鲁伯特·默多克 以一美元卖出了所有股份 |
[45:08] | So, you should start plans for bankruptcy. | 所以你应该要开始为破产计划了 |
[45:10] | Can you draw up a bankruptcy plan? | 你可以制订破产计划吗? |
[45:13] | I can’t. No. | 不行 |
[45:15] | Why? | 为什么? |
[45:16] | I don’t work for you anymore. | 我不再为你工作了 |
[45:18] | You stopped paying me. | 你没付钱给我了 |
[45:20] | I’m actually looking for a new job. But I don’t know. | 其实我正在找新工作 但我不知道 |
[45:23] | -I don’t know. No one will hire me. -You silly dog. Come here you. | -不知道谁还会用我 -你这只呆狗 过来 |
[45:28] | You seem happy. Are you happy? | 你看起来很开心 你开心吗? |
[45:31] | Can I tell you a secret? | 我可以跟你说个秘密吗? |
[45:33] | I don’t… I don’t know. We don’t have | 我…不知道 我们不再有 |
[45:34] | -attorney-client privilege so I… -I have a boyfriend. | -律师客户的守密特权… -我有男朋友了 |
[45:38] | -Oh. -His name is Billy, uh… | 他叫比利 |
[45:40] | I have a picture, actually. I can show you. | 其实我有照片 我可以给你看 |
[45:42] | -I don’t… It’s okay. I don’t… -He’s young. He’s… he’s in his… | -没关系 我不用… -他很年轻 才… |
[45:45] | -his… in his 20s. -Oh, wow. That must be different for you. | -二十多岁 -哇 那对你来说一定很不一样 |
[45:49] | -What do you mean? -‘Cause Sunny’s so much older. | -什么意思? -因为桑尼年纪大多了 |
[45:54] | I can’t believe I didn’t know. | 我不敢相信…我不知道 |
[45:57] | -Wow, you guys are such good liars. -Yeah, you know. | -你们真是会骗 -知道吗? |
[46:01] | Actually, Linda, I’m… I’m pretty busy. | 琳达 其实我挺忙的 |
[46:04] | Come here. Come here. Good boy. | 过来…乖狗狗 |
[46:05] | You were young when you met Sunny, and now, you’re… | 你遇到桑尼时很年轻 而你… |
[46:08] | dating this younger guy so | 现在在跟这个年轻人约会 |
[46:11] | it’s just like you’re moving backwards. | 感觉你在开倒车 |
[46:13] | Yeah, I’m just, you know, | 对 我只是… |
[46:15] | I’m just taking a moment | 在休息一下 |
[46:17] | to enjoy myself and have fun. | 享受自己 好好玩 |
[46:19] | Oh, is that what we’re doing now? | 那是我们现在做的事吗? |
[46:21] | Yeah. I guess. | 我猜是吧 |
[46:23] | I mean, you’re legally barred from running a company | 你被法律禁止在未来十年 |
[46:26] | for the next 10 years. So, yeah, I guess it makes sense. | 经营任何公司 所以的确很合理 |
[46:28] | Get a dog and a boyfriend, and just have fun. | 养只狗 交个男朋友 好好享受 |
[46:32] | Yes, you could go to jail for 20 years. | 对 你有可能要坐20年牢 |
[46:35] | But yes, just pretend | 对啦 就假装 |
[46:38] | -what you did never happened. -I was trying to help people. | -你从没干过那些事 -我是试着要帮助人们 |
[46:42] | -Do you really believe that? -We had a clear purpose. | -你真的那么相信? -我们有很明确的目标 |
[46:45] | Ultimately, the healthcare industry | 最终 医疗保健行业 |
[46:47] | just was not ready for real innovation. | 还没有准备好接受真正的创新 |
[46:49] | Is there something wrong with you? | 你是不是有什么毛病? |
[46:51] | The tech companies don’t have to work | 科技公司不需要 |
[46:52] | under these restraints and regulations… | 根据这些限制和规定行事… |
[46:53] | Do you have any idea of what you did? | 你知道自己做了什么好事吗? |
[46:54] | and that’s why they can move fast and break things. | 所以他们就能快速行动 做出突破 |
[46:57] | I failed to deliver. | 我没做出成果 |
[46:59] | I failed. | 我失败了 |
[47:02] | But failure is not a crime. | 但失败并不是罪 |
[47:04] | -You hurt people. -I actually have to go. | -你伤害别人 -我得走了 |
[47:06] | But I’ll be back and we can keep talking. | 但我会回来的 到时再谈 |
[47:10] | You hurt people. | 你伤害了别人 |
[47:14] | You hurt people. | 你伤害别人 |
[47:15] | Okay, I worked here, | 好吧 我在这里工作过 |
[47:17] | so I have to live with that somehow. | 所以我也必须忍受这一切 |
[47:19] | But I’m not sure that you understand. | 我不确定你理解 |
[47:22] | I mean… you must, right? | 我是说 但你一定要懂吧? |
[47:25] | Because… | 因为… |
[47:27] | because I think people have hurt you, right? | 因为我想有人伤害过你吧 |
[47:32] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白? |
[47:34] | Come on. | 过来 |
[47:35] | Elizabeth? | 伊丽莎白? |
[47:43] | Elizabeth! | 伊丽莎白 |
[47:46] | You hurt people! | 你伤害了别人! |
[49:19] | Are you Lizzy? | 你是小丽吗? |
[49:23] | Hi. Yeah, I’m Lizzy. Hello. | 对 我是小丽 你好 |