时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I think we both know that she’s everything that I’m not. | 我们都知道我跟她完全不一样 |
[00:09] | And nothing that I wanna be. | 而且我也不想成为她那样的人 |
[00:10] | So really you just wanted to use me… for sex. | 所以你只是想利用我 跟我上床是吗 |
[00:12] | I thought you were different. | 我以为你不同 |
[00:13] | What do I have to do to prove it to you? | 你要我怎么证明给你看 |
[00:15] | – It’s about Dani. – What happened? | -是关于达妮 -怎么了 |
[00:17] | We had sex. | 我们俩上床了 |
[00:19] | … and I, we’re working the program together. | 和我…我们一起执行一个计划 |
[00:21] | I pray I can do better for this baby, | 我只希望为肚里的宝宝 |
[00:24] | than I did for my twins. | 比为当初的双胞胎多付出一些 |
[00:26] | Sorry I was being such a bitch. | 之前我那样 对不起 |
[00:29] | I’m having a hard time right now. | 只是我这段时间真的很艰难 |
[00:31] | – No, you’re allowed. – What’s going on with you? | -没事 你情有可原 -不过你怎么了 |
[00:34] | – Is it Wyatt? – We’re kinda taking a break. | -是怀亚特吗 -我们暂时分开一段时间 |
[00:36] | Idyllwild would like to offer you a full ride | 爱德怀镇想邀请你全程参加 |
[00:38] | to their summer music program. | 他们今年的音乐夏令营 |
[00:41] | Yeah, I know, it’s just one | 我知道 那是国家级 |
[00:43] | of the most prestigious programs in the country. | 最有声望的夏令营 |
[00:44] | I can’t sign the papers again. I can’t abandon you. | 我不能再签字了 我不能抛弃你 |
[00:48] | – I love you. – I don’t love you. | -我爱你 -我不爱你 |
[00:50] | I’m never getting adopted. | 我不会被收养了 |
[00:52] | You don’t know that. | 这可说不好 |
[00:58] | So, I’m not gonna graduate? | 那我不能毕业吗 |
[00:59] | No, that is not what we’re saying. | 不 我们要说的不是这个 |
[01:01] | But I took World History at Jefferson. | 但是我在杰斐逊州学过世界历史了 |
[01:03] | And obviously I took Algebra, | 而且我也学过代数的啊 |
[01:04] | I’m in Algebra II now. | 我现在都在上高等代数了 |
[01:05] | Yes, I know, and I’m gonna | 对 我知道 我会尽可能 |
[01:07] | do everything I can to find those transcripts, | 去把学校的成绩单找出来 |
[01:09] | and get those credits, but… | 去拿到这些科目的学分 但… |
[01:10] | So I’m gonna have to take all of these classes over again? | 所以我要把这些课程都再修一次吗 |
[01:12] | Hopefully not. But even if I do find all of your records, | 希望不会 但哪怕我找到你的档案 |
[01:15] | you’re still gonna need to go to summer school. | 你还是得去上暑期班 |
[01:18] | Awesome. | “真好” |
[01:19] | And we should probably come up with some kind of | 我们建议你去上一些 |
[01:21] | independent study project for you. | 独立的学习项目 |
[01:22] | We know this is unfair, | 我们知道这不公平 |
[01:23] | and I wish we could just, fix everything, love… | 亲爱的 我也希望我们能改变这一切 |
[01:26] | It’s out of your hands. Yeah, I get it. | 这不是你们能左右的 我懂 |
[01:28] | With a plan, we can get you through this. | 这样计划的话 你就可以顺利通过 |
[01:30] | Yeah, unless I have to live with the Quinns, | 没错 除非我跟奎因一家生活 |
[01:32] | and I’m going to some private school | 我就可以去上私立学校 |
[01:34] | where they tell me my credits | 他们就可以把锚滩不能转换的学分 |
[01:36] | from Anchor Beach didn’t even transfer. | 给我转换过来 |
[01:38] | We’re not going to let Robert, | 我们绝不会让罗伯特 |
[01:39] | or anyone else, take you out of this house. | 或者其他人把你带走 |
[01:41] | CPS took me when your | 在你们寄养手续到期的时候 |
[01:42] | your foster license expired, | 儿童保护局就能带走我 |
[01:44] | and there was nothing you could do about that. | 那时你们也无能为力 |
[01:50] | I’m sorry. I’m just… | 对不起 我只是… |
[01:52] | We know. We know. | 我们了解 了解 |
[01:56] | So guess who got the highest score in her grade | 猜猜看 谁数学测评拿到了 |
[01:59] | on the math evaluations! Ninety-eight! | 全年级最高分 98分哦 |
[02:04] | That’s incredible, Mariana. | 简直难以置信 玛丽安娜 |
[02:06] | Great job! You’re amazing. | 考得太好了 太棒了 |
[02:08] | We’re sorry, honey, that is amazing. | 不好意思 宝贝 太棒了 |
[02:09] | – We are very proud of you. – That’s awesome. | -我们为你骄傲 -太炫了 |
[02:11] | I guess I’ll just have to wait until they announce my name | 我想 得等到他们这周的会上宣布了我的名字 |
[02:13] | at the assembly this week to get the props I deserve. | 我才能拿到我应得的尊重 |
[02:15] | – Honey, really? – I’m kidding, it’s fine. | -宝贝 至于吗 -我开玩笑的 行了吧 |
[02:18] | But guess what else? You know Craig, | 但猜猜还有什么事 你们认识克雷格吧 |
[02:20] | Craig the math teacher? | 教数学的老师 |
[02:21] | He wants me to join STEM. | 他想让我参加科技数学课 |
[02:23] | Well that sounds fun. | 太好了 |
[02:26] | What is it? | 是什么课 |
[02:26] | Uh, Science, Technology, | 科学 技术 |
[02:29] | something, and Math. | 还有什么和数学 |
[02:29] | It’s like computer club, but like a team or something. | 就像个计算机社团 或者学习小组什么的吧 |
[02:32] | And they go to like, coding competitions and stuff. | 他们会…像编程竞赛之类的吧 |
[02:34] | It’s kind of a big deal. | 是大事吧 |
[02:36] | If you do say so yourself. | 要不是你自己说出来的就是了 |
[02:37] | Well, apparently no one else is going to. | 明显你们其他人也不会说出来的嘛 |
[02:40] | OK, when’s dinner? I’m starved. | 好啦 晚餐呢 我饿惨了 |
[02:42] | In a few minutes, go ahead and go wash up. | 等一会儿 去洗洗再来吃 |
[02:44] | Ok. | 好 |
[02:50] | – Can I… ? – Yeah. | -我能… -可以 |
[02:55] | We love you. | 我们爱你 |
[02:57] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你们 |
[03:02] | God, I hate seeing her like this. | 天哪 我不喜欢看到她这个样子 |
[03:03] | She’s… looks so defeated. | 她看起来好挫败 |
[03:05] | Yeah, well, can you blame her? | 对啊 可你也不能说她 |
[03:06] | It’s just been one thing after another for her. | 一件接一件的事发生在她身上 |
[03:08] | No, I know, but | 对 我知道 但是 |
[03:10] | we have got to help her graduate. | 我们得帮帮她顺利毕业 |
[03:13] | Graduating from high school is the | 对于一个寄养孩子来说 |
[03:14] | single most important thing that a foster kid can do. | 从高中毕业是最重要的事啦 |
[03:17] | A foster kid? That’s what we’re calling her now? | 寄养孩子 我们现在要这么称呼她吗 |
[03:20] | Well, | 这个… |
[03:21] | until the court decides otherwise, it’s what she is. | 在法庭没下判决书之前 她就是寄养孩子 |
[03:45] | Hello? | 你好 |
[03:49] | What? | 什么事 |
[03:51] | OK, slow down. | 好 说慢点 |
[03:59] | Stef, Stef… | 史戴菲 史戴菲 |
[04:01] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[04:09] | You don’t wanna hurt anyone! | 你不想伤到任何人的 |
[04:11] | – We don’t have… – Where the hell is it?! | -我们不想… -它在哪儿 |
[04:13] | Come on, man, before you hurt someone. | 住手 伙计 在你伤到人之前住手 |
[04:16] | Police! Drop it, drop the knife! | 警察 放下 放下刀 |
[04:18] | Drop the knife! Drop the knife! Get on the ground! | 放下刀 放下刀 跪下 |
[04:21] | – On the ground! – OK, OK. | -跪下 -好 好 |
[04:23] | Both of you, on the ground now! | 还有你俩 跪下 |
[04:25] | – On the ground! – We live here! | -跪下 -我们住这儿 |
[04:26] | – You two, down, – There are kids here! | -你俩跪下 -这里还有孩子 |
[04:28] | Both of you, on the ground, now! | 你俩都是 立刻跪下 |
[04:34] | Where are they? | 她们在哪儿 |
[04:35] | Where are the kids? | 孩子在哪儿 |
[04:37] | – I… – Where are they?! | -我… -她们在哪儿 |
[04:39] | The bedroom. | 在卧室 |
[04:42] | Face down, on the ground. | 脸朝下趴下 |
[04:44] | Is anybody in there? | 有人在里面吗 |
[04:46] | Hands behind your back. I said hands behind your back. | 手背到背后 我说手背到背后 |
[04:48] | Hello. | 有人吗 |
[04:50] | Um… listen, the police are here, and you’re safe, you’re fine. | 听着 警察来了 你们安全了 没事了 |
[04:54] | Can you, uh, can you open the door? | 你们能打开门吗 |
[05:01] | Hi, honey. | 你好 宝贝 |
[05:03] | I’m with the police, you see my badge right there? | 我是警察 你看到我这里的警徽了吗 |
[05:05] | Can you open up the door? | 你能打开门吗 |
[05:07] | Yeah? | 行吗 |
[05:55] | He was talking all kinds of crazy, | 他一直胡言乱语 |
[05:57] | saying they stole his stash, | 说他们偷了他的毒品 |
[05:58] | and next thing you know, he pulls a knife. | 接着就拿出刀来 |
[06:00] | So I grabbed the girls, locked us in the bedroom, and called you. | 所以我把女孩抓进了卧室锁好门 给你们打电话 |
[06:03] | Why didn’t your foster parents call the police? | 为什么你们的寄养父母没有给警察打电话 |
[06:06] | I don’t know. He’s their friend or somethin’. | 我不知道 那个人是他们的朋友还是什么 |
[06:08] | The sketchy guy? | 那粗暴的家伙吗 |
[06:10] | Damn. I mean, | 太糟了 |
[06:12] | I’ve been in some bad foster homes before, but | 我以前在很糟的寄养家庭待过 |
[06:14] | never anything like that. | 但也没遇到过这种事啊 |
[06:16] | Well, at least you’re safe now. | 没事 至少你们现在很安全 |
[06:17] | Yeah, tonight, | 对 今晚安全了 |
[06:19] | who knows where they gonna put me next. | 谁知道他们接下来要把我送去哪儿 |
[06:24] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[06:26] | What’s going on with you? | 你的事怎么样了 |
[06:32] | well, Robert’s trying to get custody. | 罗伯特想要争取监护权 |
[06:34] | For real? | 真的吗 |
[06:35] | Yeah, I have to have visitations with him | 对 我还得每周去跟他 |
[06:38] | every week. | 见一次 |
[06:40] | It’s not the same as you, like, at all, | 跟你完全不一样 |
[06:43] | but I keep thinking, like maybe, | 但我一直都在思考 就像 |
[06:46] | maybe now, maybe this time, | 就像现在 就像这次 |
[06:48] | I’ll be out of the system for good, you know? | 我就要永远地脱离寄养体系了 |
[06:50] | And they just keep… | 他们却一直… |
[06:52] | pulling me back. | 把我往回拽 |
[06:55] | I just wanna be in one place for a while, you know? | 我只是想在一个地方待得久一点 |
[06:58] | Even if it ain’t as nice as this one. | 哪怕比不上现在的 |
[07:04] | I hope… | 我希望 |
[07:07] | I hope you get that. | 我希望你愿望成真 |
[07:29] | Stoned much? | 发呆发够了吗 |
[07:35] | Planning to go to class? | 打算上课吗 |
[07:37] | So you trying to get kicked out of school? | 那你是想被踢出学校吗 |
[07:40] | What the hell do you care? | 你究竟有什么好关心的 |
[07:46] | Please don’t tell me you’re not acting like this | 不要跟我说 因为我们分手了 |
[07:47] | – because we broke up. – Yeah, Callie, | -你就这幅死样子 -对 凯丽 |
[07:50] | you’re the reason for every single thing that I do. | 我做的每件事都是因为你 |
[07:53] | OK, I don’t even wipe the sleep outta my eyes in the morning | 不去想你的看法 |
[07:55] | without wondering what you’re going think about it. | 我甚至早上连眼屎都不擦 |
[08:04] | Peace. | 别来烦我 |
[08:18] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[08:20] | Not the best falafel in San Diego. | 称不上圣地亚哥最好的三明治 |
[08:22] | What? You cannot be serious. | 什么 叫什么劲嘛 |
[08:25] | A close second. | 是第二的三明治 |
[08:26] | To mine. | 对我来说 |
[08:28] | Well, I will be the judge of that. | 我下次也要来评判一下 |
[08:29] | – Next time, you’re bringing lunch. – Mmm, OK. | -下次你带午餐来 -好 |
[08:33] | We need to do this more often. It’s been too long. | 我们应该经常这么做 太久没在一起吃过饭了 |
[08:36] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:39] | I’ve been meaning to check in with you, | 我一直想去看看你 |
[08:42] | but um… | 但是… |
[08:44] | … after you lost the baby, I… | …自从你失去了那个孩子 我… |
[08:47] | – I just didn’t know what to say. – It’s OK. | -我只是不知道说什么 -没关系 |
[08:50] | I get it. | 我懂的 |
[08:54] | And how about you? | 那你呢 |
[08:57] | Are you, OK? | 你 还好吗 |
[09:00] | I am, mostly. | 还算好吧 |
[09:03] | Work’s a good distraction. | 工作起来注意力就分散了 |
[09:06] | So what do you think about, Monty? So far. | 那 你目前对蒙绨怎么想 |
[09:11] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[09:13] | I had my reservations, as you know, | 我有我的保留意见 这你知道 |
[09:15] | but she’s pretty great. | 但她很不错 |
[09:17] | She’s leaving the academics to me, | 她把学术活动的事都留给我了 |
[09:19] | and she has some amazing fund-raising ideas. | 她自己对募集资金有些超赞的想法 |
[09:22] | I think | 我觉得 |
[09:23] | for the first time in a very long time, | 这么久以来 |
[09:26] | we’re in good hands. | 我们第一次情况这么好 |
[09:28] | Sounds like she’s really won you over. | 这么说来她真是赢得你的心了 |
[09:30] | I wouldn’t go that far. | 没到那步啦 |
[09:38] | Look, look, I’m sorry, all right? | 听我说 对不起 行了吧 |
[09:41] | Whatever. | 无所谓了 |
[09:42] | I don’t get it, Jesus. | 我真不明白 黑素斯 |
[09:45] | You say you like me, | 你说你喜欢我 |
[09:47] | you say you care about me, and then you just blow me off. | 关心我 然后却放我鸽子 |
[09:50] | I really wanted you to see me at the dance competition. | 我真的很想看到你来我的舞蹈比赛 |
[09:52] | No, I just… | 不 我只是 |
[09:54] | remember, you said we have to be there for people. | 你记得你说过 我们必须支持别人 |
[09:57] | I was talking about me. Your girlfriend. | 我说的是要支持我 你女朋友 |
[10:01] | I know, but Ana… | 我知道 可安娜 |
[10:02] | Your birth mom? | 你生母吗 |
[10:04] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[10:06] | She’s pregnant, OK? | 她怀孕了 行吗 |
[10:09] | – The crack-head? – She’s not a crack-head. | -那个吸毒的 -她不是 |
[10:12] | Not anymore. | 她不吸了 |
[10:15] | How’d you find out? | 你怎么知道 |
[10:17] | I went to one of her AA meetings. | 我有次去了她的戒毒互助会 |
[10:19] | She was telling everyone. | 她跟大家都说了 |
[10:20] | I got so weirded out. I left before she saw me. | 我控制不住情绪 她还没看到我就走了 |
[10:25] | What’d Mariana say? | 玛丽安娜怎么说 |
[10:26] | She doesn’t know, and you can’t tell her. | 她不知道 你可别告诉她 |
[10:29] | She’ll freak out, she’ll tell my moms. | 她会疯了的 她会跟我妈妈们说的 |
[10:31] | And then I’m screwed. OK? | 然后我就死定了 知道吗 |
[10:37] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[10:40] | I’m still bummed you missed my solo. | 你没来看我独舞 我还是很不开心 |
[10:43] | You’re gonna have to make it up to me. | 你得补偿我 |
[10:45] | Promise. | 我保证 |
[10:47] | So, who’s the baby daddy? | 那孩子爸爸是谁 |
[10:53] | – What if it’s, Mike? – Who’s Mike? | -不会是麦克吧 -麦克是谁 |
[10:59] | OK, so there are two generals, | 有两个将军 |
[11:00] | with armies, on either side of a city. | 带领两支军队 在城的两边 |
[11:03] | Now both armies have to attack at the same time, | 两支军队必须同时进攻 |
[11:05] | otherwise the lone attacker is defeated. | 否则单支作战的军队就会战败 |
[11:07] | – So, they just have to agree… – Mind if I… | -所以他们必须同意 -我能不能 |
[11:09] | No. | 当然 |
[11:13] | But, what’re you doing here? | 话说 你怎么来了 |
[11:15] | I was invited. | 我是被邀请的 |
[11:16] | … if a message has been delivered. | 是否要发送消息 |
[11:18] | How do you create a formula | 要如何创建公式 |
[11:20] | to be 100 percent sure | 才能百分百确定 |
[11:22] | that the armies attack at the same time? | 两支军队同时进攻呢 |
[11:26] | Uh, you can’t. | 无法创建 |
[11:30] | Well, there’s always be some uncertainty. | 总会有不确定因素的 |
[11:32] | It’s a trick question, right? | 这是有意捉弄人的问题吧 |
[11:35] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:36] | Now, I’m gonna walk the rest of you… | 好了 现在我向大家解释一下 |
[11:37] | Never woulda thought Jesus’ sister | 想不到黑素斯的姐妹 |
[11:39] | would turn out to be a math whiz. | 居然是个数学天才 |
[11:42] | Was that even a math question? | 那根本不算数学问题吧 |
[11:45] | And please tell me you know I’m nothing like my brother. | 拜托告诉我 你知道我跟我哥一点也不像 |
[11:48] | No, I do. | 你不像 我知道的 |
[11:52] | Look…I’m sorry about how | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[11:54] | all that went down. | 事情会变成这个样子 |
[11:55] | With Hayley and everything. | 海莉和其他一切 |
[11:57] | It’s cool. | 没关系 |
[11:58] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[12:00] | If it helps, I like you way better than her. | 如果这话有用的话 我喜欢你远胜过她 |
[12:05] | That does help. | 确实有用 |
[12:08] | A little. | 一点点 |
[12:10] | But I don’t think Hayley was even the problem. | 可我觉得海莉并不是问题所在 |
[12:15] | I think we were done as soon as | 我觉得自从我成为他的数学辅导老师后 |
[12:17] | I became his math tutor. | 我们就结束了 |
[12:20] | He just couldn’t deal with me being smarter than him. | 他无法接受我比他聪明 |
[12:25] | But I’m glad that you’re here. | 不过我很高兴你来了 |
[12:28] | Between this and wrestling, I was starting to think | 又是这个课又是摔跤 我都快开始以为 |
[12:29] | that I was the only person in the world without a penis. | 我是世界上唯一没有小鸡鸡的人了 |
[12:34] | And it’s not gonna be some kind of crazy, drug-fueled, | 不会是那种疯疯癫癫 充斥着毒品 |
[12:38] | trashing hotels kinda tour. | 旅店乱七八糟的旅行 |
[12:39] | We’re just going to be playing like skate parks, | 我们就去比如滑板公园 |
[12:41] | small clubs maybe a fair if we can book one. | 小型俱乐部 订得到票就去个展销会 |
[12:44] | And we’ll crash with friends, | 我们可以跟朋友挤挤 |
[12:45] | or sleep in the van if we have to. | 不得已的话就在车里睡一晚 |
[12:50] | Or, you know, we’ll set aside enough money | 或者留足够的钱 |
[12:53] | to make sure we’re staying in motels. | 确保能住汽车旅馆 |
[12:56] | You know, nice ones. Clean ones. Like chains. | 那种干净整洁 连锁的旅馆 |
[13:00] | And I’ll do SAT prep online | 我会在网上准备高考 |
[13:03] | and I’ll make sure I’m working on | 保证会在车里 |
[13:05] | my summer reading list in the van. | 看夏天的书单 |
[13:06] | I mean, most of the our time will be spent driving anyways, so… | 我是说 大部分时间都在路上 所以 |
[13:11] | Not on freeways or anything like that. | 不会走那种高速之类的 |
[13:14] | Or night, just… | 也不会开夜车 就只是 |
[13:18] | Look, it’s gonna be really cool. | 旅行会非常酷的 |
[13:22] | And it’s a chance to see a little bit of the world | 这是个可以让我边做喜欢的事 |
[13:24] | while I do something I love. | 边开阔一点眼界的机会 |
[13:27] | Well, you’ve given us a lot to think about, | 你跟我们说了这么多 |
[13:29] | just give us some time. | 要给我们一点时间考虑 |
[13:32] | Ok. | 好 |
[13:34] | All right. | 没问题 |
[13:36] | But, you know, as you’re deliberating, | 不过 你们考虑的时候 |
[13:37] | I just want you to think of this as less of a tour | 希望你们不要把它当作一场旅行 |
[13:40] | – and more of like a right of passage. – OK. | -而更像是通行的权利 -行 |
[13:41] | That’s good. That’s enough. Thank you. | 很好 可以了 谢谢 |
[13:44] | All right. | 就这样 |
[13:49] | Well, that was good for a laugh. | 拿来笑笑是不错 |
[13:51] | I just mean, come on, | 我是说 |
[13:52] | we’re not gonna let him go on the road. Right? | 我们不会真同意他去吧 |
[13:53] | It’s the summer before his senior year. | 这是他高中最后一年了 |
[13:55] | Colleges are gonna wanna see | 大学都喜欢有实习经验 |
[13:57] | an internships and study programs, | 参加过研究项目的学生 |
[13:59] | and not from the, Sid Vicious School of Rock’n’Roll. | 而不是席德·维瑟斯摇滚学校的 |
[14:01] | Sid Vicious? | 席德·维瑟斯 |
[14:02] | You forget, I used to be cool. | 你忘了 以前我也很酷的 |
[14:04] | All right, so you guys wanna tell him, | 好吧 那这次是你们去告诉他 |
[14:06] | or you want me to take the heat this time? | 还是要我来唱黑脸 |
[14:07] | Well, I mean let’s hold on here for a second, | 我觉得不用着急决定 |
[14:09] | I think maybe he should go. | 也许他可以去 |
[14:14] | You, what? | 你说什么 |
[14:14] | Who are you and what have you done with my wife? | 你谁啊 你把我老婆怎么了 |
[14:22] | What’s he doing here? | 他怎么在这 |
[14:24] | – Good to see you, too, Jesus. – Jesus. | -见到你也很高兴 黑素斯 -黑素斯 |
[14:26] | Sorry, that came out wrong. | 抱歉 说错了 |
[14:28] | Would you like to back up and try that again? | 要不要回头重来一次 |
[14:32] | Hey, Mike, how’s it going? | 麦克 你好吗 |
[14:34] | Good, bud, how’s wrestling? | 挺好 伙计 摔跤怎么样 |
[14:36] | Good. | 不错 |
[14:46] | – Chatty. – Teenage. | -挺健谈的 -青少年嘛 |
[14:53] | They reach a verdict? | 他们决定了没 |
[14:56] | Still deliberating. | 还在讨论 |
[14:57] | Two against one. One being in favor. | 二比一 一个赞成 |
[15:00] | Wow, poor Lena. | 可怜的莉娜 |
[15:02] | Having to fend for herself against two cops. | 一个人面对两个警察 |
[15:05] | Actually, it’s Mom. | 其实是老妈 |
[15:07] | No way, Stef’s pro tour? | 不会吧 是史戴菲赞成吗 |
[15:09] | It’s weird, right? It’s like Freaky Friday down there. | 奇怪吧 就像两人互换了身体似的 |
[15:11] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:16] | You didn’t tell them about Idyllwild, did you? | 你没告诉他们爱德怀镇的事吧 |
[15:19] | No. | 没有 |
[15:20] | Yeah, if they find out about that, | 就是 要是他们知道了 |
[15:21] | there’s no way they’re letting you go on tour. | 绝对不让你去 |
[15:27] | Don’t worry, I’m not gonna say anything. | 别担心 我不会说出去的 |
[15:38] | Sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[15:41] | Can we talk to you for a moment? | 能跟你谈谈吗 |
[15:45] | About Ana. | 关于安娜 |
[15:48] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[15:50] | Well, mom told me how hard it was for you, | 是这样 妈妈告诉我 安娜道歉时 |
[15:53] | when Ana made her amends. | 你有多难接受 |
[15:56] | I just, don’t like seeing girls cry. | 我只是不喜欢看到女生哭 |
[15:58] | It’s not just about that. | 不只因为这个 |
[15:59] | You have a connection with her. | 你们有血缘关系 |
[16:01] | And that’s OK. | 这很正常 |
[16:03] | What’s not OK is ignoring the fact | 不对的是忽视 |
[16:05] | that you are a child of an addict. | 你妈妈是瘾君子的事实 |
[16:08] | So if you decide you want to see Ana again, | 所以如果你决定再见安娜 |
[16:10] | we’d like you to be prepared. | 希望你有心理准备 |
[16:13] | We want you to start going to Alateen meetings. | 我们想让你参加青少年互助会 |
[16:15] | What is that? Like, AA for teens? | 那是什么 青少年参加的戒毒互助会吗 |
[16:17] | No, no, no, it’s for teenagers | 不是 不是 那是为 |
[16:21] | whose parents or family members, | 那些父母或亲戚 |
[16:22] | are alcoholics or addicts. | 酗酒或吸毒的青少年 |
[16:24] | It’s just a | 这只是一个 |
[16:25] | way to help you guys figure out how to deal with it all. | 帮助你们明白如何应对这一切 |
[16:28] | Do I have to? | 我必须参加吗 |
[16:29] | I don’t even know if I want to see Ana again. | 我根本不知道是不是还想见安娜 |
[16:31] | You say that now. | 那只是你现在的想法 |
[16:33] | But in a few weeks, or months, | 但是过了几周或者几个月 |
[16:35] | who knows how you’re gonna feel? | 谁会知道到时候你会怎么想 |
[16:37] | Hey, Mom. | 妈妈 |
[16:38] | Hey, B, good timing. Come here, love. Come here. | 小布 来得正好 过来 宝贝 过来 |
[16:41] | Um, you have been to a few Alateen meetings, haven’t you? | 你参加过很多次青少年互助会 是吗 |
[16:44] | Yeah, sure. | 是的 没错 |
[16:48] | Um… yeah, it’s super cool. You should totally go. | 很有意思的 你应该去试试 |
[16:52] | See, you wouldn’t be in this alone, | 你看 不会让你自己去的 |
[16:53] | Brandon’ll take you. | 布兰登会带你去 |
[16:55] | What? | 什么 |
[16:56] | Why do I have to go? | 为什么我也得去 |
[16:57] | Because it would be really good for both of you. | 因为这对你俩都有好处 |
[17:03] | So they’re selling kids now, is that it? | 这么说他们在贩卖儿童吗 |
[17:05] | That’s not how I’d describe it. | 我不是这个意思 |
[17:06] | Then how do you explain putting kids in an apartment | 那你怎么解释 他们把孩子留在公寓里 |
[17:09] | where the adults that are responsible for them | 而应该对孩子负责的成年人们 |
[17:11] | are letting meth addicts in the front door? | 却任由吸毒者出现在门口 |
[17:13] | – Stef… – Well, what? | -史戴菲 -什么 |
[17:14] | It’s money, isn’t it? | 为了钱 不是吗 |
[17:16] | I mean, this is exactly why you cannot | 这正是你们不该使家庭寄养 |
[17:18] | privatize things like foster care. | 私有化的原因 |
[17:19] | Foster care is not privatized. | 家庭寄养没有私有化 |
[17:20] | OK, then what would you call it? | 好 那你们管这叫什么 |
[17:22] | The county contracts with | 国家与一些私人机构 |
[17:23] | some private agencies to place more kids. | 签订合约以安置更多的孩子 |
[17:25] | There just aren’t enough homes. | 家庭的数量还是不够 |
[17:27] | And those agencies get paid more based on the number | 而那些机构安置更多的孩子 |
[17:29] | of homes they find and kids they place. Correct? | 就可以得到更多的钱 是这样吗 |
[17:31] | So they’re incentivized | 所以他们就会放宽政策 |
[17:33] | to approve people who may or may not be qualified. | 不管那些家庭是否合格 |
[17:35] | Well, unfortunately, that’s really not for us to decide. | 不幸的是 那真的不是由我们来决定的 |
[17:37] | Are you not part of Child Protective Services? | 难道你们不是儿童保护协会的成员吗 |
[17:41] | Who else is gonna decide these things, exactly? | 到底由谁来决定这些事情 |
[17:46] | I can’t… he won’t answer. I don’t understand. | 我不能… 他不会回答 我不明白 |
[17:48] | As long as Kiara doesn’t have to go back into that house. | 只要科亚拉不用回那个家就行 |
[17:55] | You are not sending her back there. Are you? | 你们不会还要把她送回去吧 |
[17:59] | I know people in Vegas. I’ll just go there and lay low. | 我在维加斯有认识的人 我去那里躲起来 |
[18:01] | “Lay low” with who? Other runaways? | 跟谁一起躲 其他逃跑的人吗 |
[18:03] | You know that’s not gonna work. | 你知道这样根本行不通的 |
[18:04] | I don’t care, I’m not going back to that place! | 我不在乎 反正我不会回那个地方去 |
[18:06] | You’re just gonna end up back in juvie. | 这样你最后还是会回到少管所的 |
[18:09] | OK, look, you don’t see me running. | 好吧 你看我都没有逃跑不是吗 |
[18:11] | Don’t you get it? | 你还不明白吗 |
[18:14] | My foster parents know I narc’d on them. | 我的养父母知道我找缉毒警了 |
[18:17] | You think they’re going to welcome be back with open arms? | 你觉得他们会张开双臂欢迎我回去吗 |
[18:27] | So… I was looking over our API scores. | 我在看我们的考试成绩 |
[18:30] | And can we talk about Mariana? | 我们能谈谈玛丽安娜吗 |
[18:32] | Top in her class in Math? How about that! | 数学是班级第一名 多棒啊 |
[18:34] | I know, pretty great, right? | 我知道 很棒 是不是 |
[18:36] | We’re so proud of her. | 我们很为她骄傲 |
[18:38] | Well, the whole school did well in Math, in fact, | 事实上 全校学生的数学成绩都很好 |
[18:40] | it’s very impressive. | 这很厉害 |
[18:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[18:43] | English on the other hand, | 可是英语成绩 |
[18:45] | not so much. | 却不太好 |
[18:46] | The scores are… low, and if | 成绩都很低 而且 |
[18:49] | we wanna qualify for the kind of grants we need, | 如果我们想要得到资助的话 |
[18:51] | well, we gotta get ’em up. | 必须把他们的成绩提上来 |
[18:53] | In a fiscal crisis like we’re in, it’s a big issue. | 在这种财政危机下 这是大问题 |
[18:56] | I hear you. | 我知道了 |
[18:57] | We need to get on top of this right away. | 我们必须马上解决这件事 |
[19:00] | We’ve gotta make some changes to our curriculum, | 我们得改变一下课程安排 |
[19:02] | as soon as possible, | 越快越好 |
[19:03] | so are you up for speaking with Timothy? | 所以你可以去跟蒂莫西谈谈吗 |
[19:05] | I mean since he’s the head of the English Department? | 现在他是英语系的主任 |
[19:24] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[19:25] | Well, what? | 什么怎么样 |
[19:26] | Well? How was it? | 我跳得怎么样 |
[19:28] | I want to make sure it’s good before I show it to Tia. | 让蒂亚看之前我想知道我跳得好不好 |
[19:30] | Oh, it’s good. | 跳得很好 |
[19:31] | It is? | 是吗 |
[19:32] | Oh yeah. | 是的 |
[19:33] | It’s sexy. | 很性感 |
[19:35] | – It is? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[19:37] | You’re sexy. | 你很性感 |
[19:40] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:42] | – Nobody’s ever called me sexy before. – Well, you are, | -以前没人说过我性感 -你真的 |
[19:45] | very sexy. | 很性感 |
[19:47] | Especially when you dance. | 尤其是你跳舞的时候 |
[19:54] | – What? – I gotta go, STEM. | -怎么了 -我得走了 要上科技数学课 |
[19:58] | Really? | 不是吧 |
[20:00] | Maybe I should join STEM, I killed it | 也许我也该去上科技数学课 |
[20:02] | on the math evaluation. | 我的数学成绩完全可以应付 |
[20:03] | – Did you? – Yup. | -是吗 -是的 |
[20:05] | Ninety-two, | 92分 |
[20:06] | thank you very much. | 十分感谢 |
[20:07] | – Wow. That’s great. – How’d you do? | -真不错 -你怎么样 |
[20:10] | Oh, oK. | 还可以 |
[20:13] | Eighty-eight. | 88分 |
[20:15] | Eighty-eight’s super good, above average! | 88分已经很高了 比平均分高 |
[20:18] | Yep, that’s me, | 是的 那就是我 |
[20:20] | above average. | 比平均分高 |
[20:22] | OK, gotta go. | 好了 我得走了 |
[20:24] | Bye. | 再见 |
[20:38] | Uh, so, I’ve been thinkin’… | 我一直在想… |
[20:41] | … about the tour. | 巡演的事 |
[20:44] | Are you ok? | 你还好吗 |
[20:46] | Yeah, I’m just… | 恩 我只是… |
[20:48] | got a lot on my mind, what’s up? | 有点心烦 怎么了 |
[20:51] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[20:53] | Uh, Callie’s friend, Kiara | 是凯丽的朋友科亚拉 |
[20:54] | we pulled her out of | 有天晚上我们把她 |
[20:55] | a pretty messed up foster home the other night. | 从一个混乱的寄养家庭中救了出来 |
[20:58] | And Social Services is sending her back tomorrow. | 社会服务署明天要送她回去 |
[21:01] | Well, I wish I could say I find that shocking. | 我也想跟你一样感觉到震惊 |
[21:03] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 |
[21:05] | And then I’m pretty sure they’re dealing. | 我们很确定他们在贩毒 |
[21:08] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[21:09] | Yeah, why else would you | 是的 不然为什么 |
[21:11] | let a tweaker into your house in the middle of the night? | 会让一个吸毒者大半夜到家里去呢 |
[21:13] | Unless you’re planning on doing a little business. | 肯定在计划进行什么交易 |
[21:15] | So, I, uh… | 所以 我… |
[21:18] | I’m thinking about making a house call. | 我在考虑亲自去一趟 |
[21:24] | Want some back up? | 需要支援吗 |
[21:29] | What is this? | 这是什么地方 |
[21:30] | I used to go here for group. | 我以前经常来这里 |
[21:32] | It’s like drop-in center for foster kids. | 这里就像寄养儿童的咨询中心 |
[21:34] | Drop in for what? | 咨询什么 |
[21:36] | Like, therapy, support groups, legal help. | 像是治疗 互助小组 法律援助之类的 |
[21:44] | Hey, there, | 你们好 |
[21:45] | I’m Rafael. What can I do for you? | 我是拉斐尔 有什么可以帮忙的吗 |
[21:47] | She’s getting sent back to an abusive foster home, | 她要被送回虐待她的寄养家庭 |
[21:50] | her social worker won’t do anything about it, | 负责她的社工不肯帮忙 |
[21:52] | so we need to talk to someone who can | 所以我们想找人问问 |
[21:53] | help get her a new placement or whatever. | 看能否有人为她找个新家或者有别的办法 |
[21:56] | Ok. | 好的 |
[21:57] | I’m really sorry to hear at. | 听到这些我表示很遗憾 |
[21:58] | Um, first, we’ll have to get you a CASA… | 首先 我们必须把你加到法特律师项目中… |
[22:02] | That is a Court Appointed Special Advocate. | 也就是法庭特派律师项目 |
[22:05] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[22:05] | But it’s gonna be a few weeks | 不过可能需要等几周时间 |
[22:07] | – before we can… – No, we don’t have weeks. | -我们才能… -不 我们没那么多时间 |
[22:08] | Let’s just go. | 我们还是走吧 |
[22:09] | No, look, I’m sorry, | 别走 我很抱歉 |
[22:10] | but it’s really important | 但这真的很重要 |
[22:12] | that we get you on a waitlist. If we… | 这样我们可以把你排到等待名单上 |
[22:13] | A waitlist? | 等待名单 |
[22:14] | All we’re ever freaking doing is waiting. | 我们最害怕的事情就是等待 |
[22:17] | How long we gotta wait for | 到底我们还要等多久 |
[22:18] | someone who’s actually going to listen to us? | 才能有人真正来倾听我们的心声 |
[22:21] | Someone that’s actually help us. | 才会有人真正来帮助我们 |
[22:23] | How long’s that gonna be? | 还需要多久 |
[22:24] | Until we’re 18? | 到我们18岁的时候吗 |
[22:26] | I’m sorry, | 很抱歉 |
[22:28] | I really am. | 真的很抱歉 |
[22:29] | In the meantime, we could set | 在此期间 我们可以安排 |
[22:31] | up an appointment with a counselor, try to… | 你与法律顾问见面 试图… |
[22:33] | Kiara is in a house with drug dealers. | 科亚拉和一群贩毒团伙住在一起 |
[22:36] | OK, you think a little therapy is gonna help that? | 你认为一个小小的治疗就能帮助我们了吗 |
[22:39] | The main reason we need the therapy | 我们需要治疗的主要原因 |
[22:40] | is because we keep getting put | 就是因为一开始我们就不断地被扔到 |
[22:42] | in these screwed up situations in the first place! | 这些糟糕的环境中去 |
[22:47] | This is pointless, let’s go, this is a waste of time. | 这没用 我们走吧 只是浪费时间而已 |
[22:54] | I don’t understand, we already gave our statements. | 我不明白 我们已经录过口供了 |
[22:56] | Well, there were some inconsistencies, for instance, | 前后还是有些不一致的地方 比如 |
[22:58] | you said that you didn’t know the intruder, | 你们说不认识闯入者 |
[23:00] | but he seems to know you. | 可是他好像认识你们 |
[23:02] | – He’s more of an acquaintance. – Where does he live? | -他更像是你们的熟人 -他住在哪里 |
[23:05] | In the neighborhood, I think. | 我想他可能住在附近吧 |
[23:06] | Actually, he lives in Oceanside. | 事实上 他住在加州欧申赛德 |
[23:08] | Maybe he works around here, I don’t know. | 或许他在附近工作 我不知道 |
[23:10] | He’s unemployed. | 他没有工作 |
[23:11] | Well, like I told you, we barely know him. | 像我们之前所说的一样 我们几乎不认识他 |
[23:14] | Then why’d you let him in your house? | 那你们为什么让他进屋 |
[23:16] | Couldn’t you see he was tweaked out of his mind? | 你们看不出他已经嗑药嗑昏头了吗 |
[23:18] | – Not at first. He seemed fine… – We didn’t let him in. | -开始没 他看着还 -我们没让他进屋 |
[23:21] | Like I said in my statement, he forced his way. | 正如我证词所说 他强行入室 |
[23:23] | So did you let him in or you didn’t? He says yeah. | 你到底有没有让他进屋 他说你有 |
[23:26] | He’s a tweaker, | 他可是瘾君子 |
[23:27] | who can believe anything he says, right? | 谁敢相信他的话呀 |
[23:28] | No, that he was a tweaker. | 错 他的确是瘾君子 |
[23:30] | You know where he’s getting his drugs? Are you selling him? | 他哪来的药你知道吗 是你卖给他的吗 |
[23:32] | You know what, | 告诉你 |
[23:33] | if you want to talk more, get a warrant. | 若要继续审问 拿逮捕令来 |
[23:35] | If you wanna do this the hard way, maybe we will. | 你非要来硬的话 我就给你来硬的 |
[23:37] | – But let me tell you one thing… – Stef… | -但我告诉你 -史戴菲 |
[23:39] | You let one of those foster kids get hurt, | 你要是让哪个寄养孩子受到伤害 |
[23:41] | at all, in any way, you let them come to any harm, | 不论何种方式 哪怕一点点伤 |
[23:44] | and I will dedicate my life to ruining yours. | 我都绝不饶你 |
[23:46] | – Is that a threat? – No. | -你在威胁我吗 -不 |
[23:47] | – No threats. – I know my rights. | -不是威胁 -我知道我的权利 |
[23:48] | – Thank you for your time. – I’m sure you do. | -谢谢你们抽出时间 -你当然知道 |
[23:49] | All that time spent in the prison library? | 在监狱图书馆学到的是吧 |
[23:51] | I may not be a lawyer, but I do know my rights. | 虽然我不是律师 但我知道我的权利 |
[23:56] | What the hell is wrong with people? | 这些人都究竟怎么了 |
[23:58] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你究竟怎么了 |
[24:00] | You were totally over the line in there, and you know it. | 你刚刚完全过界了 你自己心里清楚 |
[24:03] | I know this is frustrating as all get out, | 我知道这一切很让人泄气 |
[24:06] | and I know you hate feeling like there’s nothing you can do, | 我也知道你讨厌无可奈何的感觉 |
[24:08] | feeling powerless. | 感觉无能为力 |
[24:09] | But you can’t go getting yourself in trouble, Stef. | 但你不能去惹麻烦 史戴菲 |
[24:13] | You want IA on your ass again? | 你还想被内事处的盯上吗 |
[24:20] | OK, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:23] | Oh, have you talked to Timothy yet? | 你找蒂莫西聊了吗 |
[24:26] | Not yet, I just, uh, I haven’t had a chance today. | 还没 今天没找到机会 |
[24:30] | – OK, let me know how it goes. – Yeah. | -具体情况到时候告诉我 -好的 |
[24:34] | Oh, you know, | 对了 |
[24:36] | I’ve been meaning to tell you, | 我一直想跟你说 |
[24:37] | Mariana stopped by my office today. | 玛丽安娜今天来我办公室找我 |
[24:39] | She did? Why? | 是吗 怎么了 |
[24:40] | Well, she asked me not to announce her during the assembly tomorrow, | 她不想我明天在会上宣布她的名字 |
[24:44] | said she didn’t want all the attention. | 说她不想有那么多关注 |
[24:47] | Mariana? My Mariana? | 玛丽安娜 我家的玛丽安娜吗 |
[24:49] | Said she didn’t want attention? | 她不想人关注她吗 |
[24:51] | That girl used to make the whole family clap | 以前她每次穿个鞋 |
[24:52] | every time she put on her shoes. | 都得让全家给她鼓掌呢 |
[24:54] | What is that about? | 她这啥意思 |
[25:17] | You ever wonder | 你有没有想过 |
[25:19] | what would’ve happened | 如果在屋顶时 |
[25:19] | if I hadn’t called Stef and Lena when we were on the roof? | 我没打电话给史戴菲和莉娜 会怎么样 |
[25:28] | I only came back because of you, you know that. | 我为了你才回来的 你知道的 |
[25:31] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[25:33] | It is true. It’s… | 是真的 |
[25:35] | more true that it should be. | 比真还要真 |
[25:37] | It’s kinda pathetic. | 挺可悲的 |
[25:39] | It’s not pathetic. | 不可悲 |
[25:44] | So are you going to go back to Indiana? | 那你要回印第安纳州吗 |
[25:47] | With your mom? | 跟你妈妈一起住吗 |
[25:49] | I’m thinking about it. I don’t know. | 我在考虑 还不知道 |
[25:52] | Maybe this time I’ll just drive. | 也许这次我就一路开过去 |
[25:55] | Maybe I’ll hang out in New Mexico for a little while, | 也许去新墨西哥玩上一阵子 |
[25:57] | see if I can get abducted by aliens. | 看看我能不能被外星人劫持 |
[26:01] | You know, I don’t think that would be as fun as you think. | 我觉得那没有你想象中那么有意思 |
[26:04] | How would you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[26:06] | Oh, my whole life is kinda like being abducted by aliens. | 我从小到大不就一直被”外人”劫持吗 |
[26:10] | Still? | 还没定下来吗 |
[26:12] | Well, judge is talking about making me go and live with Robert. | 法官说让我试着跟罗伯特一起生活 |
[26:16] | Seriously? He’s basically like a stranger. | 不是吧 他根本就是个陌生人嘛 |
[26:19] | It wouldn’t be the first time. | 也不是头一次了 |
[26:27] | So come with me. | 跟我一起走吧 |
[27:06] | Oh, uh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:10] | So Monty told me you came to see her today? | 蒙绨跟我说你今天去找她了 |
[27:13] | To talk about the assembly tomorrow? | 是关于明天会上的事 |
[27:16] | Oh yeah, I was just, | 是的 我 |
[27:18] | offering to help out, if… | 想帮帮她 |
[27:20] | You know, if she needed anything. | 如果她需要的话 |
[27:22] | Really? Because that’s not quite what she… | 是吗 她可不是这么说的 |
[27:29] | I guess I misunderstood. | 我可能误会了 |
[27:34] | Are you done with your homework? | 作业写好了吗 |
[27:36] | Just getting to it. | 马上就去写 |
[27:38] | Don’t forget your math. | 别忘了数学作业 |
[27:52] | So, do I have to talk during this meeting? Or can I just listen? | 会上我一定要讲话吗 还是只听别人讲 |
[27:55] | Up to you. | 随你便 |
[27:57] | Come on, what should I expect? | 说说吧 到底什么情况 |
[27:59] | To sit in a room with a bunch of kids talking about | 就是和一群孩子坐一起 |
[28:02] | having drunk parents, OK? | 聊酗酒的父母 |
[28:09] | Look, I only went once. | 我只去过一次 |
[28:12] | And I totally zoned out. | 而且我都在开小差 |
[28:14] | I usually end up getting pizza or something around the corner. | 结果我就跑去街角吃披萨之类的了 |
[28:19] | Don’t tell Moms. | 别跟妈妈说 |
[28:19] | Why the hell did you wait so long to tell me that? | 你怎么现在才说 |
[28:21] | Screw Alateen, let’s go! | 去他的青少年互助会 走吧 |
[28:33] | So you wanna help out at the assembly, huh? | 你想在会上帮忙是吗 |
[28:38] | I just, Mat was so proud of his math score, | 麦特对他的数学成绩很骄傲 |
[28:41] | and I beat him by like six points, and I just… | 我比他高了六分 我只是… |
[28:43] | just don’t wanna seem smarter than your boyfriend? | 不想别人觉得你比男友还聪明 |
[28:50] | Oh, honey, | 宝贝 |
[28:52] | if he can’t handle the math genius and the pink nails, well, | 如果他受不了数学天才和粉色指甲油的话 |
[28:57] | then, he doesn’t deserve you. | 他根本不配你 |
[29:00] | Don’t play small, my love. | 别刻意低人一等 宝贝 |
[29:02] | Not for him, not for anybody. | 不为他 不为任何人 |
[29:06] | You’re already really short. | 你已经都这么”矮”了 |
[29:16] | This girl can’t go more than five minutes without texting me. | 这女孩五分钟就发一次短信给我 |
[29:19] | She’s like a Registered Text Offender. | 她简直就是”登记在册的短信犯罪人” |
[29:23] | Why do you put up with it? | 你为什么还忍她 |
[29:23] | If you don’t like her, then just end it. | 你不喜欢的话 就分手好了 |
[29:26] | I like her, I guess. | 我喜欢她 应该吧 |
[29:28] | She’s really into me. | 她真的很喜欢我 |
[29:31] | But it’s not as simple as that. | 但没这么简单 |
[29:34] | – Why not? – You can’t tell moms. | -为什么 -你不能告诉妈妈 |
[29:37] | You know what? I’m actually trying to go on tour, anyway, | 无论如何 我其实打算去巡演 |
[29:40] | it’s probably best I don’t know anything about… | 我可能最好不要知道 |
[29:42] | Oh, what? | 天呐 这是什么 |
[29:44] | Please tell me that’s not real. | 告诉我这是假纹身好嘛 |
[29:46] | I wish. | 我也想呢 |
[29:49] | What were you thinking, dude? | 你咋想的 兄弟 |
[29:50] | I don’t need you to tell me I’m an idiot, OK? | 不用你说我是白痴 |
[29:53] | I already know. | 这我知道 |
[29:54] | Yeah, it was stupid, | 没错 是很蠢 |
[29:55] | and if Moms find out that, you are dead, | 如果被妈妈发现 你就死定了 |
[29:58] | completely dead. | 死死的 |
[30:05] | Well, I, uh… I have actually done worse. Much worse. | 其实我做过比这更糟的 糟多了 |
[30:10] | Like what? | 什么啊 |
[30:12] | Come on, I just told you. | 拜托 我都告诉你了 |
[30:14] | It doesn’t matter. Let’s just say | 那不重要了 这么说吧 |
[30:17] | I wish that I just had a tattoo. | 我希望我只刺了个纹身 |
[30:26] | You know, I think we could | 咱们可能 |
[30:27] | probably still catch most of that meeting | 还能赶上互助会 |
[30:29] | if we hurry. | 抓紧时间的话 |
[30:41] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[30:42] | I just found out I have to see Robert in a few days. | 我刚得知 几天后我得去见罗伯特 |
[30:46] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[30:48] | Yeah. I just thought that | 是的 我本来以为 |
[30:50] | after the whole Sophia thing that maybe they’d, | 索菲娅那件事之后 他们可能会 |
[30:53] | call it off or something. | 取消见面之类的 |
[30:55] | She really tried to kill herself? | 她真的要自杀吗 |
[30:58] | Why? She think Heaven’s gonna be any nicer than that house? | 为什么 她以为天堂比她家幸福多了吗 |
[31:02] | – Yeah… – Sorry. But for real. | -是吧 -抱歉 但说真的 |
[31:05] | Why would she do that? | 她为什么要这么做 |
[31:08] | I think she… | 我想她… |
[31:14] | Sometimes it just gets to be too much, you know? | 有时候事情就是让人难以承受 你懂吗 |
[31:18] | Oh, I know. | 明白 |
[31:23] | Of course you do. | 你当然懂了 |
[31:27] | I’m gonna be all right, Callie. | 我会没事的 凯丽 |
[31:29] | Even if they send me go back to that place, | 就算他们让我回去 |
[31:32] | I’m gonna be all right. | 我会没事的 |
[31:41] | 怀亚特 跟你说一声 我明天就走 | |
[31:59] | And I know they’re dealing drugs, | 我知道他们贩毒 |
[32:00] | it’s the most obvious thing in the world, but they’re smart. | 最明白不过的事情了 但他们很精 |
[32:03] | We can’t catch ’em. And now Kiara’s gotta go back there. | 现在不能抓他们 科亚拉又不得不回去 |
[32:06] | What happens when the next tweaker goes crazy? | 再有瘾君子嗑昏了怎么办 |
[32:08] | What if they have a gun? | 他们要是有枪怎么办 |
[32:13] | I hate the system so much sometimes. | 有时我真憎恨这个体制 |
[32:17] | I mean, they’ll basically start | 他们几乎都可以开始 |
[32:18] | shipping the kids out | 贩卖儿童了 |
[32:20] | as soon as you can prove you have an extra room. | 只要证明家里有空房就成 |
[32:29] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:32] | Standardized tests are worthless, you know that. | 标准化测试一点用没有 这你知道的 |
[32:34] | I’ve even heard you say it. | 我还听你说过呢 |
[32:35] | I don’t disagree with you that they’ve become too important, | 我同意你说的 这些东西没那么重要 |
[32:38] | but they’re the barometer that people use, | 但这是所有人说到学校成功与否 |
[32:40] | when they’re talking about successful schools. | 都会使用这个做晴雨表 |
[32:42] | What people? | 什么人 |
[32:43] | The people who decide who to give grants to. | 那些决定拨款给谁的人 |
[32:45] | The people who renew our charter. Those people. | 那些更新学校记录的人 就是那些人 |
[32:48] | Timothy, the school is in a financial crisis. | 蒂莫西 现在学校正遭遇财务危机 |
[32:51] | This is one of the things we have to do | 这是为确保学校正常运行 |
[32:53] | to keep the doors open. | 我们不得不做的事情 |
[32:54] | – And if we wanna grow… – What do you mean, “grow”? | -若要成长 -“成长”是什么意思 |
[32:56] | What, does Monty got some plan to franchise Anchor Beach? | 怎么了 蒙绨计划出售锚滩的经营权吗 |
[32:59] | This isn’t a fast food restaurant! | 这可不是快餐店 |
[33:01] | Look, I took a pay cut | 我减薪来委办学校 |
[33:03] | to come to a charter school so I could teach the way I want, | 是因为我可以按我所想的方式 |
[33:06] | in the way I think actually makes a difference to the students. | 以我认为可以切实影响到学生们的方式教学 |
[33:09] | I want these kids to be able to think, | 我希望这些孩子有能力思考 |
[33:11] | I’m not gonna make them sit around all day | 我不会让他们整天坐在那里 |
[33:13] | – and regurgitate facts. – I respect that, you know that I do. | -生搬硬套那些知识 -我很佩服 你知道的 |
[33:16] | But we have to demonstrate that we’re academically on par | 但我们必须承认在我们与体系中的其他学校 |
[33:19] | with the other schools in the system. | 教学上是一样的 |
[33:21] | So we’re meant to teach to the test now? | 所以我们就该应试教育吗 |
[33:23] | Is that it? | 是这样吗 |
[33:24] | And where does it stop? | 何时才能停止呢 |
[33:26] | Are we about to get a list of banned books? | 我们是不是也要拿一张禁书的单子 |
[33:28] | Don’t be hyperbolic. | 别那么夸张 |
[33:28] | This doesn’t sound like you at all, Lena. | 说的都不像你了 莉娜 |
[33:32] | I thought you had final say when it came to academics here. | 我还以为在学术问题上你有最终决定权呢 |
[33:35] | – I do. – Really? | -是 -真的吗 |
[33:37] | ‘Cause it doesn’t seem like that. | 因为看起来好像不是 |
[33:46] | They’ve never missed a payment, and they’ve got a year lease, | 他们没有漏缴过 所以得到了一年的租约 |
[33:48] | so I couldn’t evict them if I wanted to. | 所以我不能想赶他们走就赶他们走 |
[33:52] | How many people did they | 对了 他们说 |
[33:52] | say would be living in the apartment, again? | 有多少人住在公寓里呢 |
[33:55] | A husband and wife. | 一对夫妇 |
[33:56] | Mmm, so they didn’t mention the three foster kids on the lease? | 所以他们的租约里没有提到收养的三个孩子吧 |
[33:59] | That sounds like a breech to me. | 在我看来有点扯淡 |
[34:00] | OK, sure. But I don’t really care. | 好吧 但我真的不在乎 |
[34:02] | As long as they don’t have a waterbed, I’m cool. | 只要他们不是想要一张水床 我就没事 |
[34:07] | Would you be cool if I told you that | 如果我告诉你 你的租客 |
[34:08] | your tenants were under suspicion for selling drugs? | 有贩毒的嫌疑 你还没事吗 |
[34:11] | Now we’ll be driving by two or three times a night, | 现在我们每晚开车会经过两到三次 |
[34:13] | shining spotlights in their windows | 聚光灯会照到他们的屋里 |
[34:15] | and the windows of everyone else in the building. | 还有楼房里其他人家里 |
[34:17] | How will your other tenants feel about that? | 你其他的房客对此会怎么想 |
[34:20] | Oh, and, I noticed some code violations. | 我还发现一些违规的东西 |
[34:22] | Yes, yeah. | 是 |
[34:23] | We’re gonna have to send someone | 我们会从县里 |
[34:24] | from county down to do an inspection. | 派人过去检查一下 |
[34:25] | I think so. | 我也觉得是 |
[34:53] | – Later. – Later. | -一会儿见 -一会儿见 |
[34:55] | Ninety-eight. | 98分 |
[34:58] | I got a 98. On the math exams. | 我数学考试得了98分 |
[34:59] | Wait a sec, you did? | 等等 真的吗 |
[35:02] | – But why’d you tell me… – Because | -但你为什么要告诉我 -因为 |
[35:04] | even though I’m really smart, I can be super super stupid. | 即使我真的很聪明 我也可能会特别特别傻的 |
[35:08] | I was afraid that, I dunno, you’d be threatened if… | 我是怕…你会感觉不舒服 要是… |
[35:11] | If I knew you kicked my ass in math. | 要是我知道你数学比我牛吗 |
[35:17] | – you don’t really think much of me, huh? – No, | -你不太看得起我是吧 -不是的 |
[35:20] | I think you’re awesome. | 我觉得你酷毙了 |
[35:22] | It’s me I wonder about sometimes. | 是我有时候不太懂自己 |
[35:31] | Come on, nerd, walk me to band practice. | 行了 书呆子 陪我去乐队排练吧 |
[35:39] | So how’d it go? With Timothy? | 和蒂莫西谈的怎么样了 |
[35:41] | Not great. | 不太顺利 |
[35:43] | Really? Why not? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[35:53] | I thought you said I had, autonomy, | 我记得你说过 关于学术的事 |
[35:54] | when it comes to academics here. | 我是有自主决定权的 |
[35:56] | – You do. – Are you sure about that? | -是的 -你确定吗 |
[35:58] | Because I don’t want to completely undermine | 因为我不想仅仅为了提高分数 |
[36:00] | the really great work our teachers are doing, | 而妨碍了我们老师做的 |
[36:01] | just to get some test scores up. | 非常棒的工作 |
[36:03] | Lena, I’m not trying to | 莉娜 我不是要 |
[36:04] | impose on your authority over the teachers. | 影响你对老师管理的权威 |
[36:07] | I just wanna make sure we get our charter renewed. | 我只是希望能够继续获得特批 |
[36:09] | And that we qualify for as many funding streams as possible. | 并且能够有资格获得尽可能多的资金支持 |
[36:14] | Ok. | 好 |
[36:17] | Sorry, I… | 抱歉 我… |
[36:19] | And I know that we have to figure out a way to | 我知道我们得想个法子 |
[36:21] | work the system, | 钻空子 |
[36:23] | I get that. | 我懂了 |
[36:24] | When I said we’re a team, Lena, I meant it. | 我说我们是团队的时候 莉娜 我是真心的 |
[36:27] | I think you’re an extraordinary educator. | 我觉得你是个非常杰出的教师 |
[36:30] | I’m learning so much from you. | 我从你身上学习了很多 |
[36:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[36:35] | I respect you, too, I do. I… | 我也很尊敬你 真的 |
[36:38] | I think I’m a little gun shy, | 我觉得上次校长选举过后 |
[36:40] | after our last principal. | 我有些顾虑而已 |
[36:45] | So… | 那… |
[36:46] | how did you leave things with Timothy? | 你跟蒂莫西有什么结果吗 |
[36:49] | Well, he said he’s going to | 他说他会 |
[36:50] | teach the way he wants to teach and that’s that. | 按照他的方式教学 就这样 |
[36:54] | Well, he’s gonna have to give a little bit. | 他必须得让一步 |
[36:57] | Do you think he’s at all open to that? | 你觉得他会让步吗 |
[37:00] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[37:01] | Well, look, if he’s not willing to work with the administration, | 如果他不愿意配合管理工作 |
[37:03] | and teach the prescribed curriculum… | 教规定的科目 |
[37:06] | then we’ll fire him. | 那我们会开除他的 |
[37:13] | Hey, Callie, Kiara? | 凯丽 科亚拉 |
[37:16] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[37:19] | Kiara, Callie, you in there? | 科亚拉 凯丽 你们在吗 |
[37:22] | Hello, ladies. | 在不在 姑娘们 |
[37:49] | You pack light. | 你行李真少 |
[37:59] | Here. | 给你 |
[38:00] | No, that’s… that’s yours. | 不 那…是你的 |
[38:02] | It was a gift. | 是给你的礼物 |
[38:04] | I think you need it more than I do. | 我觉得你比我更需要它 |
[38:07] | I mean, if you’re gonna go, | 如果要去 |
[38:08] | gallivanting around the country, you’re gonna | 周游列国的话 |
[38:10] | need something to remind you of home, right? | 你需要有个东西提醒你家的感觉 对吧 |
[38:16] | You’re staying. | 你是要留下 |
[38:20] | You should, too. | 你也该留下的 |
[38:22] | But not for me. You should stay for you. | 但不是为我留下 而是为你自己留下 |
[38:28] | I know you didn’t come back for me, Wyatt. | 我知道你不是为我回来的 怀亚特 |
[38:29] | You came back to finish school. So do it. | 你回来是为了完成学业 那就坚持啊 |
[38:31] | Finish it. | 完成学业去 |
[38:34] | What about you? You gonna | 你呢 你要… |
[38:35] | finish what you started? | 完成你挑起的事儿吗 |
[38:39] | You know, you really only have two choices. | 你真的只有两个选择 |
[38:40] | Either you give up or you keep trying. | 要么放弃 要么继续努力 |
[38:46] | Well, | 好吧 |
[38:48] | if there’s one thing I know about you, | 要说我了解到你什么了 |
[38:49] | you’re not really the giving up kind. | 那就是你绝不是会放弃的那种人 |
[38:52] | Are you? | 你呢 |
[39:39] | How’s Callie? | 凯丽怎么样 |
[39:41] | She’s sad… and worried. | 她很伤心…担忧 |
[39:44] | I don’t know how much more disappointment she can take | 真不知道她还能失望多少次 |
[39:47] | before she runs… again. | 就又会…逃跑 |
[39:50] | Well, at least those other kids | 至少其他那些孩子 |
[39:51] | don’t have to go back to that home. That’s a big win. | 不用回那个家了 挺好的啦 |
[39:53] | On a technicality. | 应该是吧 |
[39:56] | Meanwhile her friend is out on the street tonight. | 与此同时她朋友今晚要在街上过夜 |
[40:00] | Doing God knows what to survive. | 天知道他们要怎么熬过去 |
[40:03] | You think they’ll find her? | 你觉得他们会找到她吗 |
[40:04] | Well, hopefully she’ll get arrested | 希望在她犯大错之前 |
[40:07] | for some minor crime before something worse happens to her. | 能因为一些小偷小摸被逮捕到吧 |
[40:11] | I’m really sorry, honey. | 太遗憾了 亲爱的 |
[40:16] | What would you think about… | 你怎么看… |
[40:19] | about Mike and I partnering again? | 麦克和我又做搭档了 |
[40:24] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:25] | He drives me crazy, because he knows me so well. | 他要逼疯我了 因为他太懂我了 |
[40:28] | But in a partner, you know that’s a good thing. | 但作为搭档 这也算优势呢 |
[40:32] | – I was talking with Mike and… – Wait, | -我在和麦克谈… -稍等 |
[40:33] | you already talked to Mike about this? | 你已经麦克谈过这个事了吗 |
[40:35] | No. I mean, yes, we discussed it, but, | 没 也算吧 我们讨论了一下 但 |
[40:38] | you know, pending your approval. | 候着你的批准呢 |
[40:41] | I was very clear that it was pending your approval. | 我说的很清楚要你批准才成 |
[40:44] | Can I please think about this? | 能拜托让我考虑一下吗 |
[40:46] | Of course. I’m not even sure, so… | 当然 我都不太确定呢 所以… |
[40:55] | – In other news… – Yes, please. | -另外… -请说 |
[40:58] | I have a small win for you. | 我让你小赢了一下 |
[41:00] | Oh, for me? | 我小赢了什么 |
[41:02] | Yes, I was talking to Monty. | 是 我和蒙绨聊了 |
[41:04] | She’s so swell. | 她特别好 |
[41:05] | And she convinced me that | 她说服了我 |
[41:08] | sending Brandon on tour could be really good, | 让布兰登去巡演可能是好事 |
[41:11] | even for college. | 甚至申请大学时 |
[41:12] | That it could set him apart from the other applicants. | 这会让他区别于其他申请人 |
[41:16] | So, I think we should let him go. | 所以我觉得可以让他去 |
[41:19] | So she said what I said but | 所以她重复了我说的话 |
[41:21] | because she said it, it’s right? | 就因为她说的 所以就对了吗 |
[41:24] | – Yes, exactly. – Well, that’s really funny, | -是 就是 -真是搞笑了 |
[41:26] | because I was talking with Mike and | 因为我还跟麦克聊来着 |
[41:28] | he convinced me that I was crazy, so there you go. | 他说服了我 我是疯了 结果你又这样了 |
[41:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[41:45] | Don’t worry, I’m not going to go off on you again or anything. | 别担心 我不会对你发脾气什么的了 |
[41:50] | I wouldn’t blame you if you did. | 你发火我也不会怪你 |
[41:54] | I need your help with something. | 我需要你帮帮忙呢 |
[41:56] | Ok. | 好 |
[41:59] | I wanna volunteer. | 我想做志愿者 |
[42:01] | I have to do some kinda, independent study | 我必须志愿做一些独立项目 |
[42:05] | for school so I can graduate and I wanna do it here. | 我才能毕业 而且我想在这里做 |
[42:08] | I wanna help the kids who need it. | 我想帮助需要帮助的孩子 |
[42:13] | Where’s your friend? | 你的朋友呢 |
[42:15] | She ran away. | 她逃跑了 |
[42:22] | I think we can work something out. | 我觉得我们可以做点什么的 |
[42:25] | You’re a fighter. | 你是个战士 |
[42:28] | We could always use a good fighter around here. | 我这儿经常会需要好战士的 |
[42:34] | All righty. Well, if you’re going to be volunteering here | 好了 如果你想在这里做志愿者 |
[42:36] | I might as well show you around. | 我还是带你转转的好 |
[42:38] | – OK. – So, here we go. | -好 -我们走吧 |