时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | – Please come home, A.J. – I can’t do that to Ty. | -阿吉 回家吧 -我不能这样对阿泰 |
[00:08] | Mom, I’m just afraid that if he stays with his brother, | 妈 我只是怕如果他和他哥在一起 |
[00:10] | he’s gonna get in some real trouble. | 会惹上麻烦的 |
[00:12] | A.J, we’re arresting your brother | 阿吉 我们逮捕你哥哥 |
[00:13] | because he was involved in a hit-and-run | 是因为他参与了一起肇事逃逸 |
[00:15] | that injured Mariana and Jesus, | 玛丽安娜和黑素斯是事故受害人 |
[00:16] | but we’re gonna have to take you in for running away. | 但因为你逃跑 我们也要带你回去 |
[00:18] | I’m here to see A.J. Hensdale. | 我来见阿吉·汉斯代尔 |
[00:21] | You’re not on his list. | 你不在他的访客名单上 |
[00:23] | It’s open auditions, right? | 这是公开海选对吧 |
[00:24] | All right, but aren’t you gonna be too busy | 是 但你作为高三主席 |
[00:26] | with junior class president and all that? | 不是事务繁忙吗 |
[00:28] | I lost. Lexi won. | 我没戏了 莱克茜赢了 |
[00:30] | I’m Jesus, your son. | 我是黑素斯 你儿子 |
[00:32] | – You gotta leave. – Why? | -你得走了 -为什么 |
[00:34] | I can’t… legally be around you. | 我接近你是犯法的 |
[00:37] | 已知化名 加布里埃尔·丹克劳福特 “加布” 猥亵未成年人 | |
[00:41] | Do you know about privatized homes? | 你听说过民营家庭吗 |
[00:44] | If there’s something we could do about that? | 对此我们有什么能做的吗 |
[00:46] | The most important thing for us | 目前的重中之重 |
[00:47] | to do right now is to look at the big picture. | 是关注大局 |
[00:49] | We’re doing a skin-sparing mastectomy. | 我们要做的是皮肤保留乳房切除 |
[00:51] | – How can I help? – I’m scared. | -我怎么才能帮你 -我害怕 |
[00:56] | 35% of foster kids will be incarcerated | 35%的寄养儿童未满十八岁前 |
[00:59] | at some point before they reach age 18. | 会偶尔遭受监禁 |
[01:02] | 66% of foster kids who age out | 66%的寄养儿童年满十八岁后 |
[01:05] | will end up either homeless, in jail, or dead | 一年之内 或流落街头 或入狱 |
[01:08] | within one year. | 或死亡 |
[01:10] | How could we expect otherwise | 如果这就是我们关爱他们的方式 |
[01:12] | when this is how we care for them? | 那还有什么好期盼的呢 |
[01:18] | I was one of the lucky ones. | 我算是幸运了 |
[01:19] | 凯丽·亚当斯·福斯特 曾被寄养 | |
[01:20] | After seven different foster placements, | 历经七个不同的寄养家庭后 |
[01:22] | I finally found a home… and a family. | 我终于找到一个家…和一群家人 |
[01:25] | But, as someone who barely survived it, | 但是 作为一个勉强挺过来的人 |
[01:27] | I can tell you the system is severely broken. | 我可以告诉你 寄养体制存在严重问题 |
[01:31] | Help kids like me find the homes they deserve. | 请帮助像我一样的孩子找到属于他们的家 |
[01:33] | Support SB-3301. | 请支持SB-3301号议案 |
[01:39] | – So, what do you think? – Well, it’s very, very powerful. | -你们觉得怎么样 -很振奋人心 |
[01:43] | Yeah, we think so. | 没错 我们也这么认为 |
[01:45] | I guess we just didn’t realize that Callie would be supporting | 我们只是没想到凯丽是在支持 |
[01:48] | – some new piece of legislation. – I’m sorry. | -一项新立法 -抱歉 |
[01:51] | I assumed you knew. | 我以为你们知道 |
[01:53] | We’re trying to make some real change here. | 我们在尽力做出真正的改变 |
[01:56] | Yeah, and the statehouse is where that happens. | 没错 而州议会就是实现变革的地方 |
[01:59] | – Right. – That’s a good thing, right? | -是 -这是件好事对吧 |
[02:00] | We’re not saying that it’s not, but… | 我们没说不好 但是… |
[02:01] | It’s just that you’re endorsing a bill | 只是对你所支持的这项议案 |
[02:03] | that we know nothing about, Cal. | 我们一无所知 小凯 |
[02:05] | Have you read it? | 你看过议案吗 |
[02:08] | No, not like word for word… | 没有仔细看… |
[02:10] | – Okay. – But I know that it’s trying to reform the system, | -好吧 -但我知道它旨在重建寄养系统 |
[02:12] | and I trust Justina. | 而且我相信贾丝廷娜 |
[02:14] | Well, we certainly don’t mean to suggest… | 我们绝不是这个意思… |
[02:16] | – But you kind of are. – You know what, Callie? | -但的确有点 -跟你说 凯丽 |
[02:20] | Your moms are absolutely right. You should all read it. | 你妈妈考虑得没错 你该从头至尾看一遍 |
[02:23] | – I’ll get you a copy as soon as I can. – Thank you. | -我会尽快给你一份复印件 -谢谢 |
[02:25] | That would be great. Appreciate it. | 太好了 很感谢你 |
[02:29] | You know, there is something I’ve been waiting to tell you, Callie. | 有件事 我一直想告诉你 凯丽 |
[02:33] | Apparently, the work we’ve been doing has been getting a lot of attention, | 显然我们的努力已经得到众多关注 |
[02:36] | and… we have been invited to the White House next month. | 我们收到邀请 下个月去白宫 |
[02:41] | – Are you serious? – Yeah. | -你说真的吗 -是 |
[02:43] | Yeah, they’re having a symposium on foster care, | 他们打算开家庭寄养的座谈会 |
[02:45] | and they want us to be there. | 希望我们也去 |
[02:48] | Wow. That’s amazing. | 真棒 |
[02:51] | Of course, we need to look at the calendar… | 当然 我们得先看看日期 |
[02:52] | Callie’s school work and all that. | 和凯丽的功课完成情况之类的 |
[02:54] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:58] | Okay, I’m gonna go and I’ll talk to you later, Callie. | 好 先走了 晚点再联系你 凯丽 |
[03:00] | – I’ll let myself out. – Thank you. Thank you very much. | -不用送了 -谢谢你 非常感谢 |
[03:06] | – Are you okay? – I’m fine. | -你还好吗 -没事 |
[03:08] | – Bye. – Take it easy. It’s not been that long since surgery. | -再见 -别着急 手术才做完没多久 |
[03:13] | What is wrong with you guys? | 你俩啥情况 |
[03:15] | – Excuse me? – It’s the White House. | -什么 -那可是白宫 |
[03:17] | Yes. It is a great opportunity, Callie, | 没错 这是个很好的机会 凯丽 |
[03:20] | – And hopefully you can go. – Hopefully? | -但愿你能去 -但愿是什么意思 |
[03:22] | You have a lot on your plate already, honey. | 眼下你已经有很多事要忙了 亲爱的 |
[03:24] | We can’t let Fost and Found and all of this | 我们不能让”寄养发现”和这些杂事 |
[03:26] | distract you from your school work. | 干扰你的学习 |
[03:28] | – It’s not. – What about your senior project? | -没有干扰 -那你的毕业设计呢 |
[03:30] | You still haven’t even declared what you’re doing. | 你都还没确定主题 |
[03:32] | I have it figured out. | 我已经想好了 |
[03:33] | – I’m gonna talk to Rita tomorrow. – Okay, good. | -我打算明天就去找丽塔谈 -好 |
[03:36] | – So, what’s the problem? – Callie, | -那还有什么问题 -凯丽 |
[03:38] | we really don’t know Justina at all. | 我们对贾丝廷娜毫不了解 |
[03:40] | But I do, and she’s doing a lot for me. | 可我了解啊 她为我做了很多 |
[03:43] | And why are you always so suspicious of everyone? | 为什么你们总是对每个人都疑神疑鬼的 |
[03:45] | No, hold on. Wanting to read the bill | 等等 想看看你支持的议案 |
[03:48] | that you are being used to support | 都有什么内容 |
[03:51] | is not being suspicious, Callie, it’s being smart. | 可不是疑神疑鬼 凯丽 而是明智 |
[03:55] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[03:56] | Oh, unless you guys are afraid it’s home invasion. | 除非你们怕这是入室抢劫 |
[04:03] | Hey, Callie. | 你好 凯丽 |
[04:50] | I just want you guys to know how bad I feel about what happened. | 我只是想告诉你们我对那件事非常愧疚 |
[04:54] | Look, I know my brother did a terrible thing… | 我知道我哥做了件不可饶恕的事… |
[04:58] | and then we just took off after all the… | 经历了这么多 我们却不辞而别… |
[05:03] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很好 |
[05:10] | After all the nice stuff you guys did for me… | 你们为我做了这么多… |
[05:14] | I should’ve made Ty turn himself in, but I was just… | 我本该劝阿泰自首的 可是我… |
[05:16] | I was afraid I wasn’t gonna see him again. | 我怕从此再也见不到他了 |
[05:21] | So, anyway… | 总之… |
[05:23] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[05:25] | We get it, A.J. | 我们明白 阿吉 |
[05:27] | Family is everything. | 家人就是一切 |
[05:30] | It’s good of you to come here | 你能来这儿说这番话 |
[05:33] | and say all of that, A.J. Thank you. | 就已经很好了 阿吉 谢谢 |
[05:37] | Yeah. Good job. | 是 好样的 |
[05:41] | I’ll wait outside. | 我去外面等你 |
[05:52] | Hey, you got a sec? | 你有空吗 |
[05:55] | I just… wanna know how you are doing. | 我只是…想问问你的病情怎么样了 |
[05:59] | Well, for 10 days since the surgery, | 手术做完十天了 |
[06:00] | I’m doing pretty well. | 我恢复得不错 |
[06:10] | – That was really brave. – Which part? | -你真的很勇敢 -你指什么 |
[06:13] | Me running away or missing my grandma’s funeral? | 我逃跑 还是错过奶奶的葬礼 |
[06:17] | No, I meant… | 不 我是指… |
[06:18] | I know what you meant, Callie. | 我知道你什么意思 凯丽 |
[06:23] | Did they tell you I tried to come see you in juvie? | 我去少管所找你 他们告诉过你吗 |
[06:27] | Like, a few times? | 去了好几次 |
[06:31] | I had no idea what your brother had done | 在我告诉史戴菲你在哪儿时 |
[06:34] | when I told Stef where you were. | 我不知道你哥都做了什么 |
[06:36] | I swear to you. And as soon as I found out, | 我发誓 而且我一发现 |
[06:38] | I called you. | 就打给你了 |
[06:43] | Have you heard from Ty? | 你有阿泰的消息吗 |
[06:45] | – I got a letter from him. – That’s good. | -收到一封他的信 -那就好 |
[06:49] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[06:53] | I’m gonna go wait in the car. | 我去车里等 |
[07:05] | Yeah. It’s killing me, though. Too slow. | 真要命 太慢了 |
[07:09] | Things have been drying up for me. | 最近我诸事不顺 |
[07:11] | You guys been keeping busy? | 你们最近忙吗 |
[07:13] | You want one, right? | 要来一包吧 |
[07:25] | I told you… stay away from me. | 我告诉过你 离我远点儿 |
[07:28] | I know you did, and I know why, too. | 我知道你说过 也知道原因了 |
[07:32] | I know what you are. You’re disgusting. | 我知道你什么货色 你真恶心 |
[07:37] | Then what are you doing here? | 那你还来这儿干吗 |
[07:40] | I don’t want it. | 我不要了 |
[07:43] | I don’t want anything from you. | 我不要你的东西 |
[08:03] | There you are. I haven’t seen you in forever. | 是你啊 好久不见了 |
[08:05] | Yeah, I know. I’ve just been so busy, you know? | 是啊 最近太忙了 |
[08:09] | Tell me about it. | 可不是 |
[08:09] | This whole student government thing is a lot of work. | 学生会的工作压得人喘不过气 |
[08:17] | Okay. I’ve gotta get to class. | 好了 我得去上课了 |
[08:28] | Hey. How’s your mom? | 你妈怎么样了 |
[08:31] | A lot better. Thanks for asking. | 好多了 谢谢关心 |
[08:33] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[08:35] | So, does that mean I get to take you out now, or… | 所以现在可以约你出去了 还是… |
[08:38] | You are really gunning for those french fries, aren’t you? | 你对那些薯条真是耿耿于怀 |
[08:40] | Oh, no, no, no, ’cause you kept me waiting for two weeks, | 不 只是你让我等了两周 |
[08:43] | you owe me french fries plus interest. | 所以除了薯条还有利息 |
[08:45] | Yeah, it’s a full-on date now… all four food groups. | 这次约会就不只是薯条了 |
[08:50] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[08:51] | Sweet. | 太好了 |
[08:53] | Hey, where is Jesus? Is he sick today or something? | 黑素斯去哪儿了 他今天病了吗 |
[08:57] | So, for the student council’s community outreach project this year, | 关于今年学生会的社区活动 |
[09:02] | here’s what I was thinking. | 这是我的想法 |
[09:05] | I thought if we take this space in City Heights | 我们可以把高地城这块区域 |
[09:07] | and turn it into a park or a community garden. | 变作公园或是社区花园 |
[09:11] | – It’s very impressive. – And I was thinking, | -好想法 -我还在想 |
[09:14] | if I design the gardens and oversee the execution, | 如果我设计并监督这项活动的执行 |
[09:19] | it could also be my senior thesis. | 就能以此写毕业论文了 |
[09:23] | – Yeah, I don’t see why not. – Actually… | -我看没问题 -实际上 |
[09:26] | since the school funds the outreach program, | 由于社区活动是学校资助的 |
[09:29] | it could be perceived that we are also funding your thesis, | 别人会以为 你的论文也是学校资助的 |
[09:33] | which is against the rules. | 而这是违规的 |
[09:38] | Yeah, that makes sense. | 好吧 有道理 |
[09:40] | Yeah, I’ll just… I’ll think of something else. | 那我… 再想想别的 |
[09:43] | What if she got the materials donated? | 要是素材是别人捐的呢 |
[09:48] | Yeah. I guess that could work. | 那就没问题了 |
[09:51] | Yeah, I bet if you show the local nurseries what we just saw, | 你把刚才那些告诉当地的托儿所 |
[09:54] | – they’ll be lining up to help. – Thank you. | -他们肯定会帮忙的 -谢谢你 |
[09:57] | That’s… that’s a great idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[09:59] | – Yeah. – I’ll try, thank you. | -是啊 -我试试 谢谢 |
[10:05] | She’s an incredible young woman, isn’t she? | 她真是个好姑娘 你说呢 |
[10:08] | Yeah, she is. | 的确如此 |
[10:18] | Where did you go this morning? | 你今早去哪儿了 |
[10:20] | – What? – You missed first period. Where were you? | -什么 -你错过了第一节课 去哪了 |
[10:23] | It’s none of your business. | 不关你事 |
[10:25] | Fine. I’ll tell mama. | 行 那我告诉妈妈去 |
[10:33] | I went to give Gabe his tool belt back. | 我去把工具带还给加布了 |
[10:35] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[10:41] | Because I didn’t want it anymore. | 因为我不想要了 |
[10:44] | So… why not throw it away? | 那你干嘛不扔掉 |
[10:46] | Because I wanted to tell him that we know what he did. | 我想告诉他 我们知道他有前科 |
[10:49] | – Who cares? – I do! | -谁在乎呢 -我 |
[10:51] | All right? I care. | 我在乎 |
[10:59] | You want a to write a paper about me? | 你想在论文里写我吗 |
[11:01] | Yeah, for my senior thesis. | 是啊 毕业论文 |
[11:03] | Well, what about me? | 写我什么呢 |
[11:06] | I don’t know, like, how good you are at your job, | 没头绪呢 比如你工作多棒 |
[11:09] | and everything you do here at GU. | 你在女生之家所做的一切 |
[11:12] | I haven’t really figured it out yet, | 我还在琢磨呢 |
[11:14] | but you’re like my mentor. | 不过你就像我的导师 |
[11:18] | Plus my moms are all over me to pick something, | 而且我妈成天盯着我写论文 |
[11:20] | so I told them I was gonna do this. | 我就告诉她们我要写你了 |
[11:22] | Well, I’m very honored. | 我很荣幸 |
[11:24] | I’m sure we could work something out. | 我们肯定能写点东西出来 |
[11:26] | So, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[11:27] | I was looking at the new and improved “Fost and Found” app, | 我看了新版的”寄养发现”应用 |
[11:30] | – it looks really great. – Yeah, I know, right? | -很不错嘛 -不错吧 |
[11:33] | And it looks… so real and important. | 而且这项工作很实在 也很重要 |
[11:37] | Yeah, it’s impressive. | 非常不错 |
[11:40] | I… I got invited to the White House. | 我被白宫邀请了 |
[11:43] | What? | 什么 |
[11:44] | For the foster care symposium? | 让你去参加寄养座谈会吗 |
[11:46] | Yeah. I mean, if my moms let me go. | 是的 但前提是我妈让我去 |
[11:49] | Oh, come on, why wouldn’t they let you go? | 她们怎么会不让你去呢 |
[11:51] | I guess they’re not too excited | 对我和贾丝廷娜合作所做的工作 |
[11:54] | about the work I’ve been doing with Justina. | 她们不是很高兴 |
[11:56] | Why not? What’s going on? | 为什么不 发生什么了 |
[11:59] | She’s been working on this foster reform bill. | 她正在筹备寄养改革法案 |
[12:03] | Oh. She’s the one behind that. | 原来法案背后是她啊 |
[12:04] | Yeah. Stef got really weird and suspicious | 史戴菲变得神经质 疑神疑鬼的 |
[12:08] | and said she wanted to read the whole thing. | 说要通读整套法案 |
[12:10] | No, you know, honey, | 不 亲爱的 |
[12:11] | they’re just being your moms. That’s their job. | 为人父母都是如此 父母心而已 |
[12:14] | You know they’re really proud of you, right? | 她们很为你骄傲的 你知道的吧 |
[12:16] | I guess. They’re so annoying. | 可能吧 但她们好烦 |
[12:19] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:21] | It’s funny to hear you sound like a normal teenager. | 原来你也有正常青少年的一面啊 |
[12:24] | Shut up. How’s that for a normal teenager? | 去你的 这句话算正常青少年吗 |
[12:26] | Sure, that’s good too. | 这句也很典型 |
[12:28] | So, have you read it, the bill? | 法案你读过了吗 |
[12:29] | No, she hasn’t sent it over yet. | 没呢 她还没发给我 |
[12:32] | – I did. – How’d you get it? | -我读了 -怎么读到的 |
[12:34] | I’m very connected. | 我有人脉嘛 |
[12:36] | – It’s my business. It wasn’t hard. – And? | -这是我的工作 要读不难 -然后呢 |
[12:39] | There’s some good things in it, | 里面有好的部分 |
[12:43] | but it does allocate | 但也说要 |
[12:44] | over 50% of the state foster care budget to privatized homes. | 把50%以上的州预算拨给民营家庭 |
[12:50] | What? No, okay, that doesn’t make any sense, | 什么 不对 这说不通啊 |
[12:52] | ’cause Justina’s against privatization. | 贾丝廷娜明明是反对民营化的 |
[12:54] | Not if she supports this bill, she isn’t. | 但她支持法案 所以她并不反对 |
[13:07] | Hey, stranger. | 你好 陌生人 |
[13:09] | Long time no see. | 好久不见 |
[13:11] | Guessing my kid’s car seat really scared you off, huh? | 是我车上的婴儿座把你吓跑了吧 |
[13:14] | Actually, my mom had surgery, | 是我妈做了手术 |
[13:17] | so I had to take some time off. | 我抽不出时间 |
[13:20] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[13:23] | – Is she okay? – Yeah. | -她还好吗 -挺好 |
[13:26] | Good. | 那就好 |
[13:29] | Well, it’s probably a good thing that we got to… | 正好把事情缓缓再说 |
[13:32] | put the brakes on things. | 可能也是好事 |
[13:34] | You’re too young to be dating a woman with a kid, right? | 你年纪小 不想跟单亲妈妈约会吧 |
[13:38] | Don’t tell me what I think. | 别乱给我安想法 |
[13:41] | And the big highlight of my day was being shown up by my boss | 我今天的重头戏就是在学生会主席面前 |
[13:45] | in front of the student body president. That was great. | 被我老板羞辱 真是棒 |
[13:48] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[13:50] | Yeah. Yeah, it’s just, you know, frustrating. | 都好 只是有点折磨人 |
[13:57] | Hey, so… I’m kind of worried about Jesus. | 我有点担心黑素斯 |
[14:01] | What? What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[14:03] | Well, he found our birth dad. | 他找到了我们的生父 |
[14:09] | – Jesus! Get in here, please. – But that’s not all. | -黑素斯 进来 -不止于此 |
[14:13] | The guy’s a sex offender. | 那人有性侵前科 |
[14:24] | I was looking him up online | 我上网搜他 |
[14:25] | and he’s on the sex offender registry thingee. | 他有性侵案底 |
[14:28] | Look, I only worked with him for a few days. | 我只跟他一起工作过几天 |
[14:30] | You worked with him, Jesus? | 你竟然跟他工作过 黑素斯 |
[14:32] | Stef, calm down. | 史戴菲 冷静 |
[14:33] | I didn’t tell them that part. | 这段我没告诉她们 |
[14:36] | No, no, wait, okay, listen to me, the two of you. | 等等 你们两个听我说 |
[14:40] | You are never to go near this man again. | 你们千万别再靠近那个人 |
[14:42] | Do you hear me? All right? | 听到了吗 知道没 |
[14:44] | You have no idea who you are dealing with. | 你们不清楚这是在跟谁打交道 |
[14:46] | He could be very, very dangerous, | 他可能极度危险 |
[14:47] | and this is not me overreacting. | 我不是危言耸听 |
[14:49] | This is not me giving you | 别觉得我小题大做 |
[14:50] | a parental warning that you can just ignore, | 这一次和以往的告诫不同 |
[14:52] | because you think that I’m being ridiculous. | 千万别当成耳边风 |
[14:53] | This could be very serious. You understand me? | 否则后果不堪设想 你们明白吗 |
[14:57] | No, no, I want to hear you say “Yes.” | 不 我要听你们说”明白” |
[14:59] | – Yes. – Yes, thank you. | -明白 -那就好 |
[15:07] | Hey, man. | 伙计 |
[15:10] | I… I wasn’t gonna say anything, | 我本来不想说什么 |
[15:12] | ’cause it seemed like it was never actually gonna happen, | 因为看上去不太可能发生 |
[15:13] | but I’m taking your sister out tonight. | 不过我今晚要约你姐妹出去 |
[15:16] | – What? Who? Callie? – No, your twin sister. | -哪个 凯丽吗 -不 你的胞妹 |
[15:19] | No, no, that’s… that’s impossible, | 不 这不可能 |
[15:21] | see, ’cause we have this “no dating each other’s friends” policy | 她自己定的规矩 |
[15:25] | – that she made. – Well, I guess she’s in violation. | -不约彼此的朋友 -看来她违规了 |
[15:28] | Yeah. I guess she is. | 我看也是 |
[15:33] | Cool, now that the cat’s out of the bag, | 好了 既然话说开了 |
[15:35] | I could use some advice. | 那你能不能给点建议 |
[15:37] | I wanna, you know, impress her, so tell me… what should I do? | 我想哄她高兴 告诉我该怎么办 |
[15:43] | I got just the thing. | 我有办法了 |
[15:52] | Ooh! You look great. | 你真漂亮 |
[15:55] | Thank you. I want you to meet my moms. | 谢谢 请你见见我妈妈 |
[16:00] | – This is Nick. – Hello. | -这是尼克 -你好 |
[16:02] | Hi, nice to see you again. | 又见到你了 |
[16:04] | Oh! Is that your Challenger out there? | 那是你的道奇挑战者吗 |
[16:06] | – It is, yeah. – Oh. You know I’m a cop, yeah? | -是的 -你知道我是警察吧 |
[16:10] | – Well, actually, it’s not… – I know | -实际上那不是… -我可认识 |
[16:11] | pretty much all of the cops in town, | 城里几乎所有的警察 |
[16:13] | and if you go two miles | 你如果超速开车3公里 |
[16:14] | over the speed limit, I will hear about it. | 我也会知道的 |
[16:16] | And after I impound your car, | 我要是没收了你的车 |
[16:17] | you will never see my beautiful daughter again. | 你就再也见不到我美丽的女儿了 |
[16:18] | – She’s kidding. – No. | -她开玩笑的 -不是 |
[16:21] | So, where… where are you guys headed tonight? | 你们今晚要去哪儿 |
[16:24] | – Yeah. – Oh, we’re just gonna grab a burger, you know? | -是啊 -我们要去吃汉堡 |
[16:27] | Come on, we’re gonna be late to pick up Lexi. | 快点 我们接莱克茜要迟到了 |
[16:30] | Oh, a double date. That sounds good. | 双人约会 听起来不错 |
[16:43] | ♪You caught his eye, surf girl♪ | ♪你让他目不转睛 冲浪女孩♪ |
[16:46] | ♪I wonder why, surf girl♪ | ♪我想知道原因 冲浪女孩♪ |
[16:50] | ♪You won’t try, surf girl♪ | ♪你不想尝试 冲浪女孩♪ |
[16:53] | ♪To see him♪ | ♪约会他♪ |
[16:56] | ♪He’s high and dry, surf girl♪ | ♪他高大干爽 冲浪女孩♪ |
[16:59] | ♪It makes me cry, surf girl♪ | ♪这让我哭泣 冲浪女孩♪ |
[17:03] | ♪Just please reply, surf girl♪ | ♪请回答 冲浪女孩♪ |
[17:06] | ♪With “Yes”♪ | ♪我愿意♪ |
[17:08] | ♪To him♪ | ♪对他说♪ |
[17:17] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[17:23] | – So? – I told you. | -怎么了 -我说过的 |
[17:27] | Going out with me is not a good idea. | 和我约会不是个好主意 |
[17:29] | Give me one reason why not. | 给我个原因 |
[17:30] | Among other things, I just don’t have the time. | 有很多原因 其中之一是我根本没时间 |
[17:33] | Well, what if I… found you the time? | 那我如果给你找到时间呢 |
[17:38] | That makes even less sense than the song you just made up. | 这比你刚编的歌还不可理喻 |
[17:41] | Well, you didn’t answer the question. | 你还没有回答问题 |
[17:47] | – Thanks for coming over. – Of course. | -谢谢你能过来 -当然 |
[17:51] | You sounded upset on the phone, | 你在电话里听起来很不开心 |
[17:53] | – so what’s going on? – I read the bill. | -出了什么事 -我看了议案 |
[17:57] | – Okay. – And it’s totally pro-privatization. | -然后呢 -这完全是民营寄养 |
[18:02] | No. I mean, well, that’s part of it, sure, | 不 在一定程度上是的 |
[18:04] | but it’s a comprehensive… | 但是这是一种综合的 |
[18:06] | No, no, please don’t talk to me like I’m stupid. | 不 不 别把我当傻瓜 |
[18:09] | You know how I feel about privatized homes. | 你知道我对民营寄养家庭的看法 |
[18:12] | My friend Kiara was almost killed in one of these places. | 我的朋友科亚拉就差点死在这样的地方 |
[18:15] | Callie, I don’t mean to talk down to you, | 凯丽 我不是想要教训你 |
[18:17] | but I would appreciate a chance to explain. | 但我希望你给我个机会解释 |
[18:21] | I think I’ve earned that right, don’t you? | 我想这是我应得的权力 |
[18:23] | After all I’ve done to help you? | 因为我帮了你这么多 |
[18:27] | As part… of more comprehensive reform, | 作为全面改革的一部分 |
[18:31] | privatization is incredibly effective. | 民营寄养是一种及其有效的方式 |
[18:34] | By taking the money out of the hands of bureaucrats, | 将官僚手中的钱拿出来 |
[18:36] | and spending it directly on the kids who need help | 将其直接用在需要帮助的孩子们 |
[18:38] | and the families who are helping them, | 以及帮助他们的家庭身上 |
[18:39] | we can get so much more done. | 我们可以办成更多事 |
[18:41] | All the money isn’t going to the kids. | 但那些钱并没有落到孩子们手里 |
[18:44] | The companies doing the placement are making a profit. | 那些分配钱的公司用这钱来牟利 |
[18:46] | Well, why shouldn’t they make a profit when they’re providing | 他们冒着很大风险提供优质服务 |
[18:48] | a superior service and taking big risks to do it? | 为什么他们不能从中获利 |
[18:52] | Think about it. When something bad happens in a privatized home, | 想想吧 如果民营寄养家庭出了什么事 |
[18:54] | who’s responsible? The company, the CEO. | 是谁的责任 是公司的责任 首席执行官的 |
[18:57] | Right now, if something goes wrong, | 而现在 如果出了事 |
[18:59] | everyone in the system just passes the buck, | 所有人都只会踢皮球 |
[19:00] | and nothing ever changes. | 什么都不会改变 |
[19:02] | This all just blows up the system. | 这会毁了寄养系统 |
[19:03] | Yeah, because it needs to be blown up. | 是啊 因为它应该被毁掉 |
[19:09] | All right, think about it. | 好吧 好好想想 |
[19:11] | Your school, Anchor Beach… it’s a charter school, right? | 你的学校 锚滩 是个委办学校 对吧 |
[19:16] | – Yeah. – Yeah, so they’re taking government money | -是的 -是啊 所以他们以体制外的方式 |
[19:18] | out of the system, and they’re using it to create a better, | 拿了政府的钱 将其用于创造一个更好的 |
[19:20] | more responsive, more creative education for you, right? | 更负责的 更有创意的教育环境 对吗 |
[19:24] | Yeah, well, then that’s what we’re doing with Foster Care. | 这也是我们将在寄养系统里做的事 |
[19:29] | Doesn’t that make sense? | 明白了吗 |
[19:36] | So, Lexi, what’s it like being class president? | 莱克茜 当主席是什么感觉 |
[19:40] | I mean, you’re the most popular girl in school now, right? | 你是现在学校里最受欢迎的女孩 对吗 |
[19:43] | Oh. Not really. | 也不是啦 |
[19:47] | But it’s cool. | 但是挺酷的 |
[19:49] | It’s a lot of work, but… | 工作很多 但是 |
[19:52] | I kind of love it. | 我挺喜欢的 |
[19:55] | Well, I bet you’re really good at it. | 你肯定很擅长当主席 |
[19:56] | I mean, I can’t think of | 我想不到有谁还能 |
[19:57] | anyone who could do a better job than you. | 比你做得更好 |
[20:00] | I mean, can you, Mariana? | 玛丽安娜 你能吗 |
[20:04] | No, she’s… she’s pretty awesome. | 不能 她做得很好 |
[20:09] | Let’s go see what’s on the jukebox. | 我们去看看自动点唱机上有什么 |
[20:15] | – After you. – Please. | -请吧 -别闹了 |
[20:19] | I’m sorry. Jesus said this was your favorite place. | 很抱歉 黑素斯说这是他最喜欢的地方 |
[20:22] | – I’m a vegetarian. – Oh god. | -我吃素 -天啊 |
[20:25] | – I think it’s called “payback.” – Yeah. | -我想这就叫”自食其果” -是啊 |
[20:28] | So, what’s your deal? Are you even happy to be out with me | 你想怎样 你是真想和我出来 |
[20:31] | or is this just some master plan to annoy your sister? | 还是只是想好好烦一烦你姐妹 |
[20:35] | Oh, no, no, no. Not at all. | 不 不 不 不是的 |
[20:37] | I… | 我 |
[20:41] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[20:43] | Okay, I am stoked to be out with you. Really. | 我很高兴和你出来 |
[20:48] | You sure? | 真的吗 |
[20:57] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[21:04] | – Orders are up. – Thank you. | -您的菜好了 -谢谢 |
[21:06] | – Thanks. – Here you go. Enjoy. | -谢谢 -好了 请慢用 |
[21:09] | You’re not… really gonna eat that, are you? | 你真的吃得下这么多吗 |
[21:11] | What, my monster burger? Please, woman. | 什么 我的小怪物汉堡吗 拜托了 女人 |
[21:14] | – I had my first one when I was six. – No way. | -我六岁时就开始吃了 -不可能 |
[21:17] | For real? | 真的吗 |
[21:17] | I wanted to order it, but my dad said if I did, | 我想点 但是我爸说我如果点了 |
[21:19] | I had to eat the whole thing, so… | 就得全部吃掉 所以 |
[21:21] | – So you did? You were six. – Yeah. | -所以你就都吃了 你才六岁 -是啊 |
[21:24] | I threw up a couple of times. | 我吐了好几次 |
[21:25] | My dad told me we weren’t leaving | 我爸说我要是不把最后一口吃完 |
[21:27] | until I finished the last bite, so… | 就不许走 所以 |
[21:30] | Maybe I shouldn’t say this, | 也许我不该这么说 |
[21:32] | but that kinda makes your dad sound like a jerk. | 但这么听起来你爸像个混蛋 |
[21:35] | You don’t know the half of it. | 必须的 |
[21:40] | So, I was talking to Ty’s lawyer | 我和阿泰的律师谈了谈 |
[21:42] | about his hearing tomorrow. | 明早的听证会 |
[21:44] | And it turns out that he’s not | 原来他不仅被控告 |
[21:46] | just being charged with hit-and-run, but… | 肇事逃逸 |
[21:48] | he’s also being charged with grand theft auto. | 他还因重偷窃罪被起诉 |
[21:51] | Well, the truck belonged to Joe’s father. | 卡车是乔的爸爸的 |
[21:54] | I mean, unless Joe got his permission, | 除非乔得到了他的许可 |
[21:57] | Ty technically stole the car. | 阿泰严格说是偷了他的车 |
[21:59] | Come on, Stef. | 别这样 史戴菲 |
[22:01] | We all know that Ty needs to face charges for the crimes he did, | 我们都明白阿泰要面对自己犯的罪 |
[22:04] | but not for the crimes he didn’t. | 但不该对不是他犯的罪负责 |
[22:06] | He’s looking at up to five years. | 他可能被判五年 |
[22:07] | Okay. What do you expect me to do, Mike? | 麦克 你想让我做什么 |
[22:10] | Well, I was hoping you could speak on his behalf. | 我希望你能替他说句话 |
[22:15] | What? | 什么 |
[22:16] | Is that why you brought A.J. over to apologize the other day? | 所以你那天才带阿吉来道歉吗 |
[22:19] | – What? – To soften me up to advocate for Ty? | -什么 -来软化我 希望我帮助阿泰 |
[22:21] | No. That was completely A.J.’s idea. | 不 那完全是阿吉的主意 |
[22:25] | Okay, look, this might | 听着 这个可能会让你更明白 |
[22:27] | help you understand why Ty did what he did. | 阿泰这么做的原因 |
[22:29] | If you could just… take a look at it. | 你能不能看看 |
[22:33] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[22:35] | Bye. | 再见 |
[22:39] | I don’t know exactly what he’s expecting me to do. | 我不知道他究竟想让我做什么 |
[22:44] | I don’t have control over this. | 我也没办法 |
[22:47] | You told me… when I first came here | 你跟我说过 我刚来的时候 |
[22:50] | you told me that I wasn’t disposable. | 你跟我说过不能不管我 |
[22:54] | So, why is Ty? | 为什么就可以不管阿泰 |
[22:56] | Callie, it’s complicated. | 凯丽 这事很复杂 |
[22:58] | No, it’s… it’s not. It’s not, really. | 不是的 真的不复杂 |
[23:13] | – What is this? – It’s a date. | -这算什么 -这是约会 |
[23:16] | You said you’d go out with me if you had the time. | 你说你如果有时间就和我约会 |
[23:20] | Well, you’ve got 15 minutes. | 你现在有15分钟时间 |
[23:24] | Come on. It’s like speed dating, | 就像快速约会 |
[23:26] | and you know it’s gonna | 要知道这比你每晚吃的 |
[23:27] | beat that granola bar you eat every night. | 能量棒可好多了 |
[23:30] | Right? | 是吧 |
[23:37] | Well, at least they’re out together. | 至少他们一起出去了 |
[23:40] | I’m not sure Mariana’s too thrilled about it, | 玛丽安娜可能不怎么高兴 |
[23:42] | but it makes me feel better. | 但这让我感觉好一点 |
[23:44] | – Do… do you want some help? – No. I’m fine. | -你需要帮忙吗 -不用了 |
[23:47] | – Good. How’s it healing? – It’s… you know. | -好吧 伤口愈合得怎么样 -你知道的 |
[23:51] | It’s okay. I can’t feel anything below my clavicle, | 没事 锁骨以下我什么都感觉不到 |
[23:56] | Hopefully the numbness will wear off soon. | 希望过不了多久就能有感觉了 |
[24:00] | Yeah. Time will tell. | 是啊 过段时间就知道了 |
[24:05] | – Oh, that’s interesting. – What? | -有意思 -什么 |
[24:09] | I had the guys down at the station track down Gabe’s record, | 我让警局的人帮忙查了加布的犯罪记录 |
[24:11] | and you’re not gonna believe this. | 你绝对不会相信的 |
[24:15] | Oh, I think I’m gonna bust. | 我觉得我要撑死了 |
[24:19] | Which is what happens when you eat half a cow. | 因为你吃了半头牛 |
[24:23] | Would you look at this guy? | 看到这家伙了吗 |
[24:29] | Hey, easy. | 慢点 |
[24:30] | What? This guy’s going too slow. | 怎么了 这家伙太慢了 |
[24:37] | What’s up, good looking? | 你好吗 美女 |
[24:41] | – Idiot. – You’re not gonna let him get away with that, are you? | -白痴 -你不会就这么放过他的 对吗 |
[24:46] | Come on, man, burn this fool. | 来吧 伙计 好好教训教训他 |
[24:49] | – What’s going on? – Nick. | -怎么回事 -尼克 |
[24:52] | He can’t touch you, bro. | 他追不上你的 老兄 |
[25:05] | Oh my god! Oh my god! Stop the car! | 上帝 老天爷 停车 |
[25:08] | – Stop! Stop! – What are you doing? | -停 停下 -你在做什么 |
[25:11] | – Slow down! Slow down! – You’re gonna get us killed! | -慢点 慢点 -你会害死我们的 |
[25:14] | Come on, baby! | 加速 宝贝 |
[25:15] | Stop the car right now! Pull the car over! | 马上停车 靠边停车 |
[25:23] | Oh my god, you’re gonna kill us! | 我的天 你要害死我们了 |
[25:25] | You’re gonna run a red light! | 你要闯红灯了 |
[25:29] | – Nice! – You’re gonna get us killed! | -漂亮 -你会害死我们的 |
[25:32] | Stop the car or I swear to god I will never talk to you again. | 停车 不然我发誓我再也不会理你了 |
[25:38] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你到底什么毛病 |
[25:40] | Come on, we’re just having a little bit of fun. | 好啦 只是找点乐子而已 |
[25:41] | – Come on. – No, we could’ve been in another accident. | -行了 -不 我们可能会又出车祸的 |
[25:43] | And after all our mom is going through? You’re an ass. | 妈妈已经经历了那么多 你这个混蛋 |
[25:46] | Hey, wait, come on. Mariana. | 等等 别这样 玛丽安娜 |
[25:48] | Yeah. And for the record… | 而且我郑重声明 |
[25:51] | – Not fun. – What? | -一点都不好玩 -什么 |
[25:53] | Come on, nobody got hurt. | 好啦 又没人受伤 |
[25:55] | Hey, look… all right, look, I’m sorry, okay? | 好吧 我很抱歉 行了吗 |
[25:57] | – Please, can you just get back in the car? – Screw you. | -求你了 你能回车里来吗 -去死吧你 |
[25:59] | You wanna kill somebody, it ain’t gonna be us. | 你要是想杀谁的话 那个人绝对不会是我们 |
[26:05] | Well, that was very tasty. | 真的很好吃 |
[26:08] | – Nobody ever makes me a meal. – well, I didn’t make it, | -从来没人给我做过饭 -虽然不是我做的 |
[26:12] | but I’m glad you liked it. | 但是我很高兴你喜欢 |
[26:16] | You deserve to be taken care of sometimes. | 有时你也应该被好好照顾一下 |
[26:25] | – Mommy! | -妈妈 |
[26:29] | – What are you doing here? – I’ve been texting you all night. | -你在这干什么 -我一晚上都在给你发短信 |
[26:33] | I’m working. | 我在工作 |
[26:35] | Yeah. No, I can see that. | 是啊 不 看出来了 |
[26:39] | Brandon, this is Eddie, my… | 布兰登 这是艾迪 我的… |
[26:42] | Mason’s father. | 梅森的爸爸 |
[26:44] | – Hey. Nice to meet you. – Your bear. | -很高兴认识你 -你的小熊 |
[26:47] | I got called into work early. | 我接到电话让早点去工作 |
[26:49] | – So? – So, you gotta take Mason. | -所以呢 -所以你得照顾梅森 |
[26:53] | Eddie, I can’t just keep him behind the bar. | 艾迪 我不能一直让他待在酒吧后面 |
[26:55] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[26:56] | You got one kid here already. You’ll figure it out. | 你这已经有个孩子了 你会想到办法的 |
[27:04] | Did you have a good day? Huh? I missed you. | 今天过得好吗 我很想你 |
[27:07] | My… my shift’s over. | 我下班了 |
[27:10] | I… I could watch him. | 我可以照顾他 |
[27:12] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[27:14] | Yeah. | 确定 |
[27:17] | So… | 那… |
[27:20] | What’s going on with your mom? | 你妈妈怎么了 |
[27:26] | She had a double mastectomy. | 她做了双侧乳房切除手术 |
[27:29] | Are you serious? Why didn’t you tell me? | 你开玩笑的吧 为什么不告诉我 |
[27:34] | I think… | 我以为… |
[27:36] | I guess I’ve just been kind of avoiding you. | 我想我一直在避开你 |
[27:41] | It’s not your fault. | 不是你的错 |
[27:44] | When you won the election… | 你赢了选举后 |
[27:46] | I mean, you weren’t even here last year, | 我是说去年你都不在这 |
[27:48] | and you’re still more popular than me, and I just… | 但你还是比我受欢迎 我只是… |
[27:53] | whenever I hear how great you’re doing, | 不论什么时候我听到你有多出色 |
[27:54] | it kind of makes me feel like a loser. | 都让我觉得我是个失败者 |
[27:59] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果能让你好受一点的话 |
[28:01] | student council is seriously kicking my butt. | 学生会的事搞得我焦头烂额 |
[28:03] | It is so much work. | 工作总是没完没了 |
[28:08] | It does make me feel a little bit better. | 我的确觉得好受点了 |
[28:13] | Thank you, buddy. | 谢了 兄弟 |
[28:13] | I’m just gonna pick this up now. That’s fine. | 我只是要把这个捡起来 没事的 |
[28:18] | Oh no, no, no, no, hey, hey. Yeah, we won’t play with knives. | 不不不不 我们可不想玩刀 |
[28:20] | – You know what’s better than a knife? – Cookies. | -知道什么要比刀好得多吗 -饼干 |
[28:23] | A spoon. You want the spoon? | 一把勺子 你想要勺子 |
[28:25] | Here you go. Don’t put that in your mouth. It was on the floor. | 给你 别放进嘴里 是从地上捡的 |
[28:27] | Here you go. Spoons are much better than knives. | 给你 勺子比刀好多了 |
[28:30] | – Down! – You don’t want… you should try… | -掉下来了 -你不会想 你应该… |
[28:33] | This spoon’s really fun. | 这勺子挺好玩的 |
[28:35] | It’s better than the knife. It’s better than the knife. | 比刀好 比刀好 |
[28:37] | – Mommy! – Hey, wait, wait. | -妈妈 -等等 等一下 |
[28:38] | Hey, bud! | 伙计 |
[28:42] | It hasn’t all been this bad. I promise. | 不是都这么糟的 我保证 |
[28:44] | No, you did great. | 不 你做得很棒 |
[28:45] | Oh. Here’s your spoon. | 你的勺子 |
[28:48] | – Thanks. – Well, they’re letting me off early, so… | -谢谢 -他们今天要让我早点下班 所以 |
[28:51] | I have to cut things, and knife… cut knives, and cut things. | 我得切东西 刀 切刀 切东西 |
[28:54] | – I’m gonna get him home. -Yeah, yeah, okay. | -我去送他回家 -是啊 好 |
[28:57] | There’s a big old fire. | 有一个古老的大火 |
[28:58] | – There you go. – Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[29:02] | Do you wanna say bye to Brandon? Say, “Bye, Brandon.” | 你想跟布兰登道别吗 说”再见 布兰登” |
[29:05] | – Bye, Mason. – Bye, Brandon. | -再见 梅森 -再见 布兰登 |
[29:08] | – Bye, Brandon. -Thank you. | -再见 布兰登 -谢谢 |
[29:12] | Bye. | 再见 |
[29:32] | – Wait! – Hold on a sec. | -等等 -等一下 |
[29:36] | – Oh! Oh god. – Forgot his… | -上帝啊 -忘了他的… |
[29:38] | Oh my god, thank you. | 我的上帝 谢谢 |
[29:40] | He can’t sleep without it. | 没这个他睡不着 |
[29:42] | You just saved my life. | 你帮了我大忙 |
[29:58] | Brandon. | 布兰登 |
[30:01] | This is a bad idea. | 不是个好主意 |
[30:05] | I’ve got lots of those. | 不好的想法我有很多 |
[30:18] | Mason, look who you forgot. | 梅森 看看你忘了谁 |
[30:52] | The defendant, Mr. Hensdale, | 被告 汉斯代尔先生 |
[30:54] | Is charged with felony hit-and-run, | 被指控刑事重罪肇事逃逸 |
[30:56] | reckless driving, driving without insurance, | 鲁莽驾驶 未投保驾车 |
[30:59] | and grand theft auto. | 以及车辆重窃罪 |
[31:02] | – Are you ready to enter a plea? – We are, your honor. | -你们要申辩吗 -是的 法官大人 |
[31:05] | We plead guilty to all charges. | 被告对以上控告认罪伏法 |
[31:08] | In that case, we will move on to sentencing. | 既然如此 下面进行宣判 |
[31:17] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[31:18] | Yes, your honor. I am Ms. Stefanie Adams Foster. | 是 法官大人 我是史戴菲·亚当斯·福斯特 |
[31:21] | I am a parent of the youths involved in the crash. | 我是事故中受害青少年的家长 |
[31:23] | I would like to offer a victim impact statement if I may, please. | 如果可以 我想提交一份受害人影响陈述 |
[31:27] | – Approach. – Thank you. | -请过来 -谢谢 |
[31:30] | Your honor, as the victims’ mother, | 法官大人 作为受害者的母亲 |
[31:35] | I certainly would like to see justice done, | 我很愿意看到正义得到伸张 |
[31:37] | but as an officer investigating the case, | 但作为调查此案的警官 |
[31:40] | I feel that I also must tell you that I am confident | 我认为我必须告诉您我很确定 |
[31:43] | that Tyrone Hensdale did not steal the truck that he was driving. | 泰龙·汉斯代尔驾驶的车辆并非他偷盗所得 |
[31:47] | Mr. Olson claimed otherwise. | 奥尔森先生给出了另一种说法 |
[31:49] | Joe Olson is afraid that | 乔·奥尔森害怕 |
[31:49] | he will be charged with obstructing justice. | 他会被指控妨碍司法执行 |
[31:51] | Your honor, I brought along with me my case notes | 法官大人 我带来了我的案件记录 |
[31:53] | in the hope that you would consider them before sentencing. | 期望在宣判之前 您能将之作为参考 |
[31:57] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢您 -谢谢 |
[32:03] | Your honor, I do not feel that this was a malicious crime. | 法官大人 我认为此案不是恶意犯罪 |
[32:07] | I believe that these were the actions of a frightened young man. | 我相信这些行动是一个年轻人的害怕造成的 |
[32:10] | If I had had the experiences that he had with the justice system, | 如果我经历了他在司法体制内所经历一切 |
[32:13] | quite frankly, I would be frightened too. | 坦白说 我也会害怕 |
[32:15] | Mr. Hensdale first entered into juvie | 汉斯代尔先生第一次被关进少管所时 |
[32:18] | when he was arrested at the age of 11 | 只有十一岁 |
[32:20] | for throwing a rock into an abandoned building. | 理由是因为向一栋废弃大楼里投掷石块 |
[32:24] | At the age of 14, he was arrested for loitering. | 十四岁时 他因为流浪罪被捕 |
[32:27] | At 15, it was petty theft. The list goes on from there. | 十五岁时是因为小偷小摸 这样的事情数不胜数 |
[32:30] | Tyrone Hensdale has just never really been given a fair shake. | 泰龙·汉斯代尔从未受到过公正待遇 |
[32:34] | While I am not prepared to say that I forgive him, | 尽管我还没准备好原谅他 |
[32:39] | I most certainly do understand why he did what he did. | 但我非常明白他为什么会这么做 |
[32:43] | That is why I am asking the court for lenience. | 因此我希望法庭能宽大处理 |
[32:51] | All right, tell her. | 好了 告诉她 |
[32:53] | Well, we got all the plants and materials donated… | 我们靠募捐搞到了所有的植物和材料 |
[32:57] | – thanks to Monte. – Why… why thanks to Monte? | -这都多亏了蒙绨 -为 为什么多亏了蒙绨 |
[33:00] | Because she came with me. | 因为她和我一起去的 |
[33:01] | Those guys at the garden store had no chance | 一旦她开始对园艺专卖店的人施展魅力 |
[33:04] | once she started working her magic on them. | 那些家伙就只有乖乖听话的份 |
[33:06] | So, are we good? | 那 没事了吧 |
[33:09] | Can this be my thesis? | 我的论文能以此为主题吗 |
[33:13] | I don’t see why not. | 没什么不可以 |
[33:17] | Okay. I’m off to class. | 好 我去上课了 |
[33:20] | Thank you so much for everything. It’s gonna be great. | 这一切太谢谢你了 一定会很赞 |
[33:28] | What’s the problem now? | 又有什么问题 |
[33:29] | Are you gonna dig the holes for her too? | 你还要帮她挖坑植树吗 |
[33:32] | This is totally inappropriate. | 这简直不像话 |
[33:38] | Encouraging a promising student? | 你是说鼓励有潜力的学生 |
[33:41] | Expanding our community outreach? | 还是拓展社区范围 |
[33:42] | No. Involving yourself in a student’s thesis. | 不 是你参与学生的论文设计 |
[33:46] | Sally can’t be perceived as getting special treatment, Monte. | 不能让人觉得 莎莉受到特殊照顾 蒙绨 |
[33:49] | – There are rules th… – Yes, of course there are. | -按规定… -是没错 |
[33:51] | But sometimes, for the greater good, we bend them a little. | 但有时出于崇高的目的 就需要变通 |
[33:55] | You didn’t seem to mind when I bent them to | 我开后门让你儿子回来念书 |
[33:56] | get your son back in school. | 你好像也没介意 |
[34:00] | Excuse me, I’ve got a conference call. | 不好意思 我还得开电话会议 |
[34:08] | I’ve conferred with the DA, who has agreed to remove | 我跟地方检察官谈过了 |
[34:10] | the charges of grand theft auto against Mr. Hensdale. | 检察官同意撤销对汉斯代尔先生的偷车指控 |
[34:14] | However, in light of the defendant’s previous record, | 但是 鉴于被告的犯罪记录 |
[34:17] | I cannot let these additional offenses go unpunished. | 其它罪名成立 必须接受处罚 |
[34:21] | I order the defendant, Tyrone Hensdale, | 我判被告 泰龙·汉斯代尔 |
[34:23] | remanded into custody for a period of 18 months. | 关押看守所 十八个月 |
[34:35] | Hey, I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[34:38] | I’ll be out before you know it. | 很快就出来了 |
[34:40] | Until then, you’ve got Mike, right? | 出来前 有麦克呢 |
[34:42] | He’s… he’s gonna take care of you. | 他会照顾你 |
[34:46] | Be good, okay? | 好好的 |
[34:55] | – Well, it’s better than five years. – It still kinda sucks. | -总比关五年好 -一样很糟 |
[34:59] | Thanks for doing this. I really appreciate it. | 谢谢你能来 我很感激 |
[35:01] | No, thank Callie. She’s the one that got me here. | 不 要谢谢凯丽 是她打动了我 |
[35:11] | Sorry I’m late, | 抱歉来晚了 |
[35:13] | but the hearing took longer than I thought. | 没想到审讯时间那么长 |
[35:15] | – How’d it go? – He got 18 months. | -结果如何 -关18个月 |
[35:18] | – Ouch. – Yeah. | -惨啊 -是啊 |
[35:21] | Did you get to talk to Justina about the bill? What’d she say? | 跟贾丝廷娜谈法案的事了吗 她怎么说 |
[35:24] | I did. She explained it to me, | 谈了 她跟我解释了 |
[35:27] | and I think… | 我觉得 |
[35:30] | I gotta say, I think it makes sense. | 不得不承认 她说得有道理 |
[35:32] | So, you’re gonna support it? | 这么说你支持了 |
[35:35] | – That’s too bad. – What does that mean? | -那真糟糕 -什么意思 |
[35:38] | Well, I just don’t like | 我只是不想看到 |
[35:39] | seeing kids being sold to the highest bidder. | 谁出价高 就把孩子卖给谁 |
[35:42] | No, that’s… that’s not what this is, Rita. | 不 不是这样的 丽塔 |
[35:46] | Okay, so the system is broken, right? We can agree on that? | 体制存在问题 这点能同意吧 |
[35:52] | So, privatization is a way for us to change things up. | 私有化就是一条变革之路 |
[35:56] | Yeah, a really dangerous way. | 这条路也很危险 |
[35:58] | I don’t know why you think it’s so bad. | 我不明白 你怎么把它想得那么糟 |
[36:00] | Okay, so something goes wrong in a privatized home, | 如果民营寄养家庭出了问题 |
[36:04] | who gets the blame? The CEO. | 谁来承担 是组织的首席执行官 |
[36:06] | That’s a good thing. It means that | 这是好事 也就是说 |
[36:07] | somebody’s finally gonna be held accountable. | 终于有人受问责了 |
[36:09] | Are these your words or Justina’s? | 这是你说的还是贾丝廷娜 |
[36:11] | I mean, are you thinking these thoughts | 是你的想法 |
[36:13] | or just swallowing whatever she feeds you? | 还是她灌输给你的 |
[36:16] | How come whenever I disagree with something, | 怎么我一有反对意见 |
[36:17] | everybody jumps all over me? | 所有人都指责我 |
[36:19] | Yeah, too bad. I’m sorry you don’t get it. | 真糟糕 你不理解 我很遗憾 |
[36:21] | I don’t get it? | 我不理解 |
[36:23] | Callie, I’ve been working in the system for over 30 years. | 凯丽 我在这体制下工作了三十多年 |
[36:27] | And let’s be honest, Rita… you have your own agenda. | 说实话 丽塔 你有你自己的打算 |
[36:29] | And what agenda is that, Callie? | 我什么打算 凯丽 |
[36:31] | Taking care of kids? | 照顾孩子们吗 |
[36:32] | No, keeping things the same to protect your job. | 不 拒绝改变只为保全工作 |
[36:36] | Wow. That’s what you think of me? | 你就是这么看我吗 |
[36:38] | I think change is hard for people, | 人很难接受改变 |
[36:40] | especially when they can’t see the big picture. | 尤其在看不到前景时 |
[36:44] | Say hello to the president for me. | 代我向总统问好 |
[36:52] | – Hey, guys. – Hey, what… what are you doing here? | -好啊 -你怎么来了 |
[36:56] | Why don’t you guys sit down, join us? | 过来一起坐坐吧 |
[36:59] | We’ve asked Ana to come | 我们叫安娜来 |
[37:00] | and talk to you guys about your birth dad. | 跟你们谈谈生父的事 |
[37:02] | Look, I don’t really wanna… | 我真不想… |
[37:03] | Jesus, I think this is something you’re gonna wanna hear, | 黑素斯 你应该想知道这事 |
[37:05] | so why don’t you have a seat? | 坐吧 |
[37:15] | So, your moms told me | 你们妈妈说 |
[37:17] | you found out Gabe was on the sex offender registry… | 你发现加布有性侵记录 |
[37:21] | which was news to me. | 这我也才知道 |
[37:24] | The reason he’s on that list, it’s not because he was… | 他之所以有此案底 不是因为… |
[37:29] | He’s on that list because of me. | 这完全是因为我 |
[37:32] | I… I was 15 when I met Gabe. | 我遇见加布时才十五岁 |
[37:36] | He was 18. When my parents found out about us… | 他当时十八 我父母发现我俩在一起时 |
[37:39] | Well, let’s just say they didn’t approve, | 我只能说他们并不同意 |
[37:42] | because he was older | 因为他比我大 |
[37:43] | and because they found out he sold drugs. | 而且得知他贩毒 |
[37:47] | So, they forbid me from seeing him, | 他们不许我见他 |
[37:50] | and then, of course, I ran away to be with him. | 后来 当然了 我跟他私奔 |
[37:54] | They called the police, they busted down his door, | 他们报了警 警察找到他家 |
[37:57] | and they arrested him for possession. | 以非法持有毒品罪逮捕了他 |
[37:59] | He mostly just sold pot. | 他多数只卖大麻 |
[38:02] | Well, not that that’s okay, but… | 并不是说这样合法 但… |
[38:04] | because I was underage, | 因为我当时未成年 |
[38:05] | they also charged him with unlawful sex with a minor, | 他还被指控非法性侵未成年 |
[38:09] | and that got him labeled a sex offender and put on that list, | 所以他成了性侵者 上了黑名单 |
[38:13] | which I never knew… | 这事我一直不知道 |
[38:16] | until now. | 直到今天 |
[38:19] | So, why do you always tell us he was a one-night-stand? | 那你怎么说他只是一夜情 |
[38:24] | I guess… | 我大概… |
[38:26] | I didn’t want you to think you came from a junkie | 是不想你们觉得 生母是瘾君子 |
[38:29] | and… a drug dealer. | 生父又是…毒贩 |
[38:34] | I didn’t want that to be your story. | 不想你们有此记忆 |
[38:50] | Hey. What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[38:54] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:55] | Since when do you turn away to change your clothes? | 你什么时候开始躲起来换衣服了 |
[39:06] | I guess I just… | 我大概只是… |
[39:10] | I don’t wanna make you feel uncomfortable. | 不想让你不舒服 |
[39:12] | Okay. Why would I feel uncomfortable? | 我怎么会不舒服呢 |
[39:15] | ‘Cause of everything you’ve been through. | 就因为最近这些事 |
[39:24] | If I’m being honest… | 老实说 |
[39:28] | I feel a little guilty. | 我有点内疚 |
[39:31] | Guilty… that my body is still intact. | 内疚于…我的身体完好无损 |
[39:36] | I just don’t want to make you feel worse. | 我不想你更加难过 |
[39:39] | You’re afraid I’m gonna feel… jealous? | 你害怕我会…嫉妒吗 |
[39:41] | No. | 不会的 |
[39:46] | Sorry. It’s really stupid. | 抱歉 是很蠢 |
[39:48] | It’s not, honey. No, it’s okay. | 不 亲爱的 没事 |
[39:50] | I’m okay. | 我很好 |
[39:53] | I am. | 真的 |
[39:56] | Come sit here. | 过来坐 |
[40:02] | I am starting to get… | 我开始… |
[40:06] | some feeling back, right, there you are. | 有些感觉了 就是这儿 |
[40:09] | I can feel you right there. | 我感觉到你了 |
[40:16] | For the record, you’re not what makes me feel worse. | 准确来说 你没有让我更难过 |
[40:17] | You’re what makes me feel better. Okay? | 我反而觉得更好过了 |
[40:32] | I just hope she can forgive me for missing her funeral. | 但愿她能原谅我错过她的葬礼 |
[40:37] | You did it to be with Ty. | 你那么做 是为了和阿泰一起 |
[40:41] | I think she’d understand. | 她会明白的 |
[40:54] | Do you forgive me for telling Stef? | 你原谅我 向史戴菲告密吗 |
[40:57] | There’s nothing to forgive, Callie. | 你又没错 何求原谅 凯丽 |
[41:00] | You’re not mad at me? | 你不生我气吗 |
[41:04] | Then why wouldn’t you see me when I came to juvie? | 那我去少管所 你怎么不愿见我 |
[41:08] | I was embarrassed. | 我觉得尴尬 |
[41:13] | Ashamed, you know, but not mad. | 羞愧难当 没有生气 |
[41:18] | We were just getting somewhere, then I go and take off. | 咱俩刚有些进展 我就跑了 |
[41:20] | 随时随地查看更新信息 控制路由器远程下载 签到升级更加方便 赶快安装起来吧 | |
[41:20] | I kind of figured I blew it. | 我以为自己搞砸了 |
[41:35] | I guess not. | 看来没有 |
[41:46] | Look, I want to apologize for what I said. | 我为说过的话跟你道歉 |
[41:51] | I… I was wrong. | 我说错了 |
[41:53] | I didn’t know you, but I do now. | 当时不了解你 现在懂了 |
[41:56] | You don’t have to do this. | 你不用这样 |
[42:02] | – Come on, man, I’m trying to talk to you. – Look… | -拜托 我跟你说话呢 -听着… |
[42:05] | I don’t know what you’re looking for, | 我不知道你需要些什么 |
[42:07] | but you’re not gonna find it with me, all right? | 总之我给不了你 明白吗 |
[42:09] | I’m not your father, and I never will be. | 我以前不是你父亲 以后也不是 |