时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | What’s up, good lookin’? | 你好啊 美女 |
[00:12] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[00:15] | You wanna kill somebody? It ain’t gonna be us. | 你要是想杀谁的话 那个人绝对不会是我们 |
[00:17] | Hey, Callie. | 你好 凯丽 |
[00:19] | Do you forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[00:21] | You were hands down the best Juliet. | 你演得朱丽叶无疑是最棒的 |
[00:23] | Would you be in my musical? | 你愿意出演我的音乐剧吗 |
[00:25] | You canceled the check? | 你注销支票了 |
[00:25] | The one you stole from me? You bet I did. | 你从我那儿偷走的那个吗 当然了 |
[00:27] | I hate you, and daddy hated you too, | 我讨厌你 爸爸也讨厌你 |
[00:29] | and that’s why he killed himself. | 所以他才自杀了 |
[00:32] | We got all the plants and materials donated… | 我们靠募捐搞到了所有的植物和材料 |
[00:34] | Thanks to Monte! | 这都多亏了蒙绨 |
[00:35] | – So have you read it, the bill? – No. | -法案你读过了吗 -还没 |
[00:37] | I just don’t like seeing kids being sold to the highest bidder. | 我只是不想看到谁出价高 就把孩子卖给谁 |
[00:40] | And let’s be honest, Rita, you have your own agenda. | 说实话 丽塔 你有你自己的打算 |
[00:42] | That’s what you think of me? | 你就是这么想我的吗 |
[00:43] | I’m kind of worried about Jesus. | 我有点担心黑素斯 |
[00:45] | He found our birth dad. | 他找到了我们的生父 |
[00:46] | The guy’s a sex offender. | 那人有性侵前科 |
[00:48] | He’s on that list because of me. | 他有此案底完全是因为我 |
[00:49] | I was 15, he was 18. | 当时我十五岁 他十八岁 |
[00:52] | I don’t know what you’re looking for. | 我不知道你需要些什么 |
[00:53] | I’m not your father and I never will be. | 我以前不是你父亲 以后也不会是 |
[01:01] | Mariana, watch it please! | 玛丽安娜 拜托你小心一点 |
[01:03] | Sorry, mom. | 抱歉 妈 |
[01:07] | Emotional intelligence. What’s that? | 情感智力 那是什么 |
[01:09] | It’s the ability to express your emotions in a positive way. | 是一种以积极的方式表达自己情感的能力 |
[01:13] | Your EQ instead of your IQ. | 用你的情商而不是智商 |
[01:15] | So you’re, like, taking a class? | 你在学这门课吗 |
[01:17] | No, I’m teaching a class | 不 我教这门课 |
[01:18] | as part of the department’s youth outreach program. | 是警局青年社区项目的一部分 |
[01:20] | No offense, but who would want to take a class like this? | 无意冒犯 但是谁会想上这种课呢 |
[01:22] | Kids who have a choice between it and juvie, that’s who. | 只能在上课和去少管所之间选择的孩子 |
[01:25] | “What is an appropriate response to anger? | “哪一个是面对愤怒的正确反应 |
[01:27] | ‘A’, beat someone up, ‘B’, start a fire, | A打人 B纵火 |
[01:31] | ‘C’, get drunk, | C喝酒 |
[01:32] | ‘D’, express your feelings with words?” Seriously? | D用语言表达自己的感受” 不会吧 |
[01:35] | For this kids that I am teaching | 我教的这些孩子 |
[01:36] | who don’t have good parenting or a stable home, | 他们没受过好的家教 也没有稳定的家庭 |
[01:39] | ‘D’ is not necessarily the obvious choice, Mariana. | D未必是他们的首选 玛丽安娜 |
[01:42] | Hey, check it out. | 瞧瞧这个 |
[01:45] | – Oh, my gosh. – Wow! I love it! | -天哪 -我喜欢 |
[01:48] | – Wow, Brandon. – That is amazing. | -布兰登 -真了不起 |
[01:50] | Yeah, Mat designed it. | 是麦特设计的 |
[01:53] | Well, it must have been hard | 和佐伊如胶似漆 |
[01:54] | with Zoey’s tongue down his throat. | 还有空设计这个 想必不容易 |
[01:56] | Mat’s dating Zoey? | 麦特在和佐伊交往吗 |
[01:57] | Yeah, and I find it very unprofessional if you ask me, | 如果你问我 我会说这种行为太不专业了 |
[02:00] | but the director totally rejected | 但导演拒绝 |
[02:02] | the idea of a no dating policy, so… | 演员间”不交往”政策 所以… |
[02:05] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[02:05] | You just don’t want to see Mat with anyone else | 你只是不想看到麦特和其他人在一起而已 |
[02:07] | even though you’re dating that Nick guy or whatever. | 即便你正和那个叫尼克的家伙交往 |
[02:09] | I am not. | 我没有 |
[02:10] | I went on one date with him and it was a total disaster. | 我只和他出去过一次 而那完全是场灾难 |
[02:12] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 发生什么事了 |
[02:15] | Nothing. It was just boring. | 没什么 就是很无聊 |
[02:18] | Uh, well, Brandon, | 布兰登 |
[02:18] | I think that poster is absolutely beautiful. | 那张海报很漂亮 |
[02:21] | I’m very proud of you, | 我为你骄傲 |
[02:22] | how hard you’ve been working on your senior project. | 我知道你为毕业课题付出了多少努力 |
[02:24] | Yeah, I guess I didn’t realize | 之前我没想到 |
[02:25] | how much time it would take exactly. | 需要花这么长时间 |
[02:27] | Well, what about your Juilliard audition? | 朱利亚音乐学院的面试怎么样了 |
[02:29] | You know, don’t drop the ball on that please. | 千万别错失这个机会 |
[02:31] | Oh, no. I… I won’t. Um, I… I’ve got time. | 我不会的 我还有时间 |
[02:33] | Mom, I actually… I wanted to ask you, um, | 妈 其实我想问你 |
[02:35] | do you think we could rehearse on the gym stage? | 我们能不能在体育馆的舞台上排练呢 |
[02:37] | It’s just that the art room is getting a little small | 我们现在开始排演其他部分了 |
[02:38] | – now that we’re casting the other parts. – I’ll talk to Monte, | -艺术教室有点不够用 -我问问蒙绨 |
[02:40] | – but I don’t see why not. – All right. | -但我觉得没问题 -好 |
[02:42] | Okay, everybody. Come on. Let’s get a move on. | 好了 孩子们 都动作快一点 |
[02:43] | Jesus, you gonna put some clothes on sometime today? | 黑素斯 你打算什么时候把衣服穿上 |
[02:45] | I don’t have a first period today. | 我今天第一节没课 |
[02:47] | My teacher’s at a conference. | 老师开会去了 |
[02:48] | What kind of school you runnin’ over there? | 你那是什么学校啊 |
[02:50] | Oh, and hey, and listen, Mike is out of town for a little bit, | 还有 麦克得离开几天 |
[02:52] | so A.J.’s gonna stay with us. | 阿吉会和我们住一起 |
[02:54] | – For how long? – Just a couple of days. | -住多久 -就几天 |
[02:56] | Jude doesn’t get back from his school trip until Friday, | 裘德参加学校旅行周五才回 |
[02:58] | so he can sleep in his bed. | 他可以睡他的床 |
[03:00] | Great, I finally get the room to myself, | 这可真好 我好不容易能自己住一间房 |
[03:01] | and now I gotta share it again? | 现在又要和别人同住 |
[03:03] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[03:05] | May I have your b… b… | 能把你的… |
[03:07] | Thank you, Callie. | 谢谢 凯丽 |
[03:09] | So, uh, there’s something I need to tell you. | 有件事我要告诉你们 |
[03:12] | Something you should know. | 你们有权知道 |
[03:13] | Um, A.J. and I are kind of dating. | 我和阿吉在交往 |
[03:17] | Sorry. I… I forgot my poster. | 不好意思 我忘拿海报了 |
[03:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:24] | Well, we’re not fostering him, | 我们不是要收养他 |
[03:25] | so I guess there’s not an illegal issue if he stays here. | 所以他待在这儿 大概不存在法律争议 |
[03:28] | But as with any boyfriend in the house, | 但和男朋友一起待在这个家 |
[03:30] | we expect you to follow the rules. | 我们希望你们能遵守规矩 |
[03:32] | You know, no hanging out behind closed doors. | 你知道的 不得关上门单独在一起 |
[03:34] | Oh, of course not. | 当然不会 |
[03:35] | Thank you for telling us. | 谢谢你告诉我们 |
[03:38] | Is anyone home? | 有人在家吗 |
[04:39] | Hey, I was gonna talk to you about A.J. | 我本来要和你说阿吉的事 |
[04:42] | Oh, yeah? When? | 是吗 什么时候 |
[04:43] | When we’re sure we know what we’re doing. | 我们确定彼此心意的时候 |
[04:46] | It… it’s fine. It’s whatever. | 没关系啊 无所谓 |
[04:48] | I mean, technically there’s something I haven’t told you either, so… | 我也有没跟你坦白的事 所以… |
[04:51] | What? | 什么事 |
[04:53] | Um… I’m seeing someone. | 我有对象了 |
[04:58] | Do I know her? | 我认识她吗 |
[04:59] | No. | 不认识 |
[05:01] | She’s older. | 她比我们年长 |
[05:02] | Older? Okay. | 年长 好吧 |
[05:04] | Just a little. | 只大一点点 |
[05:05] | She’s just not in high school. | 不是高中生而已 |
[05:24] | Still mad at me? | 还在生我的气吗 |
[05:26] | Still an idiot? | 你还是白痴吗 |
[05:26] | Go out with me again. | 再和我约会吧 |
[05:30] | – No. – Why not? | -不 -为什么 |
[05:31] | Because you’re a douche and you could have killed us! | 因为你是个蠢货 差点让我们送命 |
[05:33] | You were driving like a maniac. | 你开车像疯子一样 |
[05:34] | I was in total control of the car! | 车完全在我的掌控之下好嘛 |
[05:36] | No one’s in control when they’re speeding | 在街上赛车 穿行车流中时 |
[05:38] | and weaving in and out of traffic. | 没人能控制得了 |
[05:39] | That guy was hitting on you. | 那家伙调戏你 |
[05:40] | What was I supposed to do? | 我还能怎么做 |
[05:42] | Nothing! | 什么都别做 |
[05:43] | You were supposed to do nothing! | 你该什么都别做 |
[05:45] | You know what your problem is? | 你知道你的问题在哪儿吗 |
[05:47] | You have no emotional intelligence. | 你情感智力为零 |
[05:50] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:52] | Exactly. | 确实为零 |
[05:56] | We could use the community outreach money. | 我们可以用社区活动经费 |
[05:58] | We’ve got that leftover | 因为莎莉募捐到了所有材料 |
[05:59] | since Sally got all the materials donated. | 所以我们的经费有了剩余 |
[06:01] | Yes, since Sally got everything donated. | 是啊 莎莉募捐到了所有东西 |
[06:04] | How’s that going anyway? | 事情进展如何 |
[06:06] | Um, I think everything’s a go to start planting this weekend. | 我觉得这个周末就能开始种植了 |
[06:09] | Great. | 太好了 |
[06:10] | But I’m keeping my distance | 但我不会参与过多 |
[06:12] | so there won’t be any perception of impropriety. | 以免让人觉得不得体 |
[06:18] | Speaking of senior projects, Brandon wanted to know | 说到毕业课题 布兰登想问问 |
[06:21] | if he could use the gym space for rehearsal. | 他能不能借用体育馆来排练 |
[06:23] | – Would that be okay? – Yeah, of course. | -可以吗 -当然了 |
[06:26] | But… | 但是… |
[06:29] | What? | 什么 |
[06:31] | I was gonna wait to talk to you about this | 我本来打算等到掌握足够的信息 |
[06:32] | till I had a little more information, | 再和你聊这个的 |
[06:33] | but we might have a problem. | 但我们可能有个问题 |
[06:35] | Some students have expressed concerns about the play itself. | 一些学生表达了对这部剧本身的顾虑 |
[06:40] | Romeo and Juliet? | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》吗 |
[06:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:42] | They don’t think it’s appropriate. | 他们觉得这部剧不合适 |
[06:54] | Yep. | 是我 |
[06:59] | Calculus? | 微积分 |
[07:01] | Do you really understand this stuff? | 你真搞得懂这玩意儿吗 |
[07:04] | – Most of it, yeah. – Really? | -大部分吧 -真的吗 |
[07:06] | Why do you sound surprised? | 你为什么听起来这么惊讶 |
[07:07] | Nothing. It’s… you’re just an artist. | 没什么 只是…你是个艺术家 |
[07:10] | I thought art and math were, like, mutually exclusive. | 我以为艺术和数学互不相容 |
[07:14] | Not at all, not at all. Look. | 没有 你看 |
[07:16] | Have a seat, missy. | 请坐 小姐 |
[07:20] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[07:23] | Drawing is kind of mathematical | 画画的本质 |
[07:24] | when you break it down. | 有点像数学 |
[07:28] | See? It’s all geometry and perspective. | 看见没 全是几何图形和视角变换 |
[07:33] | And then there’s this thing called the golden ratio. | 加上所谓的黄金比例数 |
[07:35] | That just helps out with proportion. | 可以帮助确定比例 |
[07:44] | – Very cool. – Yeah. | -很棒 -没错 |
[07:47] | You are not just a work of art, Callie, | 你不只是艺术品 凯丽 |
[07:49] | you are a mathematical equation which I have yet to solve. | 更是一道我还没解出来的数学方程 |
[07:53] | Seriously, that was, like, | 说实话 这是… |
[07:54] | the worst line I’ve ever heard. | 我听过最惨的恭维 |
[07:58] | – Was it? – Yeah! | -是吗 -对 |
[08:06] | I’ll… I’ll be in the garage. | 我去车库 |
[08:15] | So look, I told my moms that we’re… | 我跟我妈说 我们在… |
[08:19] | you know, whatever we are just so… you know, | 不论我们现在什么关系 |
[08:22] | it wasn’t like we were… | 我们也不是… |
[08:24] | like, hiding something from them. | 不是想对她们隐瞒什么 |
[08:27] | Not that there’s anything to hide. | 也没什么可隐瞒的 |
[08:30] | – What? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没事 |
[08:33] | I’m just glad you thought whatever we are | 我只是很高兴 你觉得我们的关系 |
[08:35] | is worth talking to your moms about. | 值得跟你妈汇报 |
[08:39] | Inappropriate? | 不合适吗 |
[08:40] | How is R&J inappropriate? | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》怎么不合适了 |
[08:42] | Some students feel like it could be a trigger for teen suicide, | 有些学生认为这会是青少年自杀的诱因 |
[08:45] | and we have to be sensitive to that. | 我们得考虑这一点 |
[08:47] | A trigger? Really? Are you kidding me? | 诱因 你逗我吗 |
[08:48] | It’s Shakespeare! | 这是莎士比亚 |
[08:49] | I mean, it’s not like he’s endorsing suicide. | 他可不是讴歌自杀 |
[08:51] | It’s called tragedy for a reason! | 所以称之为悲剧 |
[08:52] | I agree and I’m gonna fight it. | 我同意你 我也会抗争 |
[08:54] | Good! | 很好 |
[08:55] | I mean, you realize this is my senior project. | 你知道吗 这是我的毕业课题 |
[08:58] | Like, if this doesn’t happen, I can’t graduate! | 要是被毙了 我就毕不了业 |
[09:00] | I know. I’m not gonna let that happen. | 我知道 我不会让这种事发生的 |
[09:02] | I just wanted you to know what’s going on. | 我只是让你了解一下情况 |
[09:04] | I mean, who is it? Who are these students? | 是谁说的 哪些学生 |
[09:07] | Brandon, you know I can’t tell you that. | 布兰登 这我不能说 |
[09:09] | Listen. Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[09:12] | I don’t want you taking matters into your own hands, | 我不希望你私自处理此事 |
[09:14] | all right? | 好吗 |
[09:16] | Let me handle it. | 让我来处理 |
[09:20] | So the purpose of this exercise | 本次练习要求 |
[09:22] | is to use the letters of your name and write | 用你们的名字做首字母 |
[09:26] | something that you think is a positive trait about yourself. | 写下一些可以形容你们优点的单词 |
[09:28] | So, the first letter in my name is ‘s’, | 比如我名字的首字母是”s” |
[09:31] | so I’m gonna write “Strong”. I’m strong. | 我可以写”强大” 我很强大 |
[09:34] | The second letter is a ‘t’. | 第二个字母是”t” |
[09:35] | Anyone think of a positive trait | 谁能想到形容人优点的 |
[09:37] | that we could use starting with the letter ‘t’? | 字母”t”打头的词 |
[09:40] | “Tits”. | “奶” |
[09:45] | What? You got great tits. | 怎么了 你有对好奶 |
[09:45] | That’s a positive trait. | 这是优点 |
[09:47] | “Tenacious”. | “顽强” |
[09:50] | I’m tenacious… | 我很顽强 |
[09:51] | empathetic… | 能共情 |
[09:54] | and fierce. | 以及凶猛 |
[09:57] | Okay, so that’s me. | 这就是我 |
[10:00] | What are you? | 你们呢 |
[10:00] | – Hell, I’m fierce. – Yeah? | -我也很凶猛 -是吗 |
[10:02] | I wish I had an ‘f’ in my name. | 我名字里有个”f”就好了 |
[10:03] | Let’s see, you got a ‘p’. Got a ‘p’ in your name. | 你名字里有个”p” |
[10:05] | How about “Powerful”? You’re powerful. | “强大”怎么样 你很强大 |
[10:07] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -好 -可以吧 |
[10:08] | Yeah, I’m powerful. | 可以 我很强大 |
[10:09] | – All right, you’re powerful. – What’s this crap? | -是的 你很强大 -这什么狗屁 |
[10:12] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:14] | You’re being disruptive. | 你扰乱课堂秩序了 |
[10:15] | I need you to sit down please. | 请你坐下 |
[10:17] | The other popo who taught the class brought donuts. | 之前教课的警察带了甜甜圈 |
[10:19] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:21] | Where’s the donuts? | 你的甜甜圈呢 |
[10:22] | Yeah. Where’s the chips? | 还有薯片呢 |
[10:23] | And what the hell is this right here? | 这又是什么鬼 |
[10:25] | “Hummus”? | “鹰嘴豆沙”吗 |
[10:27] | It looks like diarrhea. | 看着像拉稀 |
[10:29] | Smells like it too. | 闻着也像 |
[10:31] | Okay, your behavior right now is inappropriate. | 你的行为非常不妥 |
[10:34] | I would like you to go and sit down. | 请你坐下 |
[10:36] | Uh, I’m telling you how I feel. | 告诉你我的感觉 |
[10:38] | I mean, isn’t that what this whole class is all about? | 不就是这堂课的目的吗 |
[10:41] | That’s true. | 的确如此 |
[10:42] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:44] | Sure. | 行 |
[10:45] | Can you identify the emotion that you’re feeling right now then? | 请你说一下你现在的感受 |
[10:47] | Yeah. I’m mad. | 我很生气 |
[10:49] | Okay, great. So, when you’re disappointed, | 好 你因为失望 |
[10:51] | you get mad. Is that fair to say? | 所以生气 我说得对吗 |
[10:54] | Okay, then so what would | 那么对这种情况 |
[10:55] | be an appropriate response to this situation? | 合适的应对方式是什么呢 |
[11:03] | Okay, get out. | 出去 |
[11:04] | The judge ordered me to be here. | 法官命令我来的 |
[11:06] | You can’t just kick me out. | 你不能赶我走 |
[11:08] | Try me. | 有种你试试 |
[11:10] | Okay, lady. | 好吧 女士 |
[11:12] | – But this one’s on you. – Okay. | -但这得算在你头上 -可以 |
[11:18] | Ooh, can we go too? | 我们也能走了吗 |
[11:19] | Absolutely. If you’d rather be in juvie than here, feel free. | 可以 想去少管所的尽管走 |
[11:21] | Anybody else want to join him? | 还有谁想跟他走的吗 |
[11:25] | If schools start putting trigger warnings | 如果学校要给所有可能 |
[11:27] | on every book or play that could be upsetting to someone, | 让某些人不快的书籍剧本都打上标签 |
[11:29] | how are we supposed to learn to think for ourselves? | 我们要怎么学会独立思考 |
[11:31] | I’m sure mom’s not gonna let them kill R&J. | 妈妈肯定不会让他们毙了《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[11:33] | Well, she better not. | 但愿吧 |
[11:37] | Another portrait? | 又一张肖像画 |
[11:39] | Someone’s in love. | 某人恋爱啦 |
[11:41] | We are not in love. | 我们可没恋爱 |
[11:42] | Maybe you aren’t. | 或许你是没有 |
[11:45] | So tell me, is it weird knowing | 说说吧 阿吉睡在隔壁 |
[11:47] | that A.J.’s sleeping in the next room? | 你心里打鼓了没 |
[11:50] | – Um, no. – In his boxers… | -没 -穿着四角裤 |
[11:55] | Seriously! | 说实话 |
[11:56] | Do you think you can resist sneaking into his room later? | 你能忍住诱惑 待会儿不溜进他房间吗 |
[11:59] | I’m sure I’ll find a way. | 肯定能忍住 |
[12:05] | Nick’s, like, stalking me all of a sudden. | 尼克突然阴魂不散似的 |
[12:07] | Really? | 是吗 |
[12:14] | Oh, my god! | 我的天 |
[12:16] | Now he’s outside! | 他就在外面 |
[12:23] | Do I have to get a restraining order? | 我是不是得去申请一张限制令 |
[12:25] | – You know my mom’s a cop. – Yeah, | -你知道我妈是警察吧 -知道 |
[12:26] | which is why I’ve been trying to call you. | 所以我才打电话给你 |
[12:31] | He’s pretty loaded. | 他喝大了 |
[12:32] | You got him drunk? | 你让他喝醉了吗 |
[12:34] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – I… | -你什么毛病 -我… |
[12:36] | Just don’t. Just… just go. | 别… 你走吧 |
[12:37] | Get out of here before I do go get my mom. | 趁我叫我妈出来之前快走 |
[12:44] | Okay, how the hell are we gonna get him upstairs? | 我们要怎么把他弄上楼 |
[12:55] | – So how’d it go? – Fine. | -怎么样 -还行 |
[12:58] | But I think you’re right. | 不过我觉得你是对的 |
[12:58] | I think taking on extra work right now | 现在去承担额外的工作 |
[13:00] | is just a little too much for me. | 对我来说有点太多了 |
[13:02] | – Well, did something happen? – No, no. | -出什么事了吗 -没有 |
[13:04] | But if you don’t mind, I think, um… | 不过我在想… |
[13:08] | I think I’m gonna ask if they could find | 我想让他们另找一个警察替我 |
[13:10] | another officer to replace me. | 不知道你介意吗 |
[13:13] | Of course I don’t mind. | 当然不介意 |
[13:16] | Yeah, come in. | 请进 |
[13:20] | Do you have a second to talk? | 能聊一下吗 |
[13:22] | – Sure. – Okay, good, | -可以 -好的 |
[13:23] | Because I need your advice on something. | 有件事我想问一下你们的意见 |
[13:29] | Okay. What is it? | 什么事 |
[13:31] | It’s about… | 有关… |
[13:34] | Do you remember when I dyed my hair blond? | 你们还记得我有次染了金发吗 |
[13:40] | What the hell are you feeding this guy? | 你们都喂他吃什么 |
[13:41] | I know. | 的确 |
[13:45] | – What was that? – Can you please stay focused? | -什么动静 -能专心听我说吗 |
[13:48] | I mean, y… you ask us to talk to you, | 你们说 有事要沟通 |
[13:49] | and then you just get all distracted and… | 现在又心不在焉… |
[13:53] | you know, there’s been so many famous blond Juliets. | 现在不是有很多知名的金发朱丽叶嘛 |
[13:57] | – Okay. – I’m gonna put you in the bed right now. | -好了 -我要把你丢上床了 |
[13:59] | – You ready? – Okay. Okay. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[14:02] | All right. | 好的 |
[14:02] | I should turn him on his side | 我得给他翻个身 |
[14:04] | just in case he pukes. | 免得他吐 |
[14:07] | Here. | 这里 |
[14:08] | Here’s a trash can. | 这里有垃圾桶 |
[14:14] | Thank you for doing this. | 谢谢你帮忙 |
[14:16] | I know you could get in trouble. | 冒着惹上麻烦的风险 |
[14:18] | Yeah, we all could. | 彼此彼此 |
[14:24] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[14:28] | I guess Romeo doesn’t really care | 我觉得罗密欧应该不介意 |
[14:30] | if Juliet’s a blond or a brunette. | 朱丽叶是金发还是褐发 |
[14:34] | Uh, I just wanted to say goodnight. | 我来道一声晚安 |
[14:36] | – Goodnight, sweetheart. – Goodnight, love. | -晚安 亲爱的 -晚安 爱你 |
[14:39] | Okay, well, um… | 好的 |
[14:41] | I think I’m just gonna stay a brunette Juliet. | 我觉得我还是当褐发朱丽叶吧 |
[14:43] | Thanks for the advice. | 谢谢建议 |
[14:49] | That was close. | 好险 |
[14:59] | Hey, Callie. This is Chloe, Rita’s daughter. | 凯丽 我是克洛伊 丽塔的女儿 |
[15:03] | My mom changed her number again. | 我妈又换电话号码了 |
[15:06] | She won’t take my calls, so… | 她不接我的电话 所以 |
[15:11] | can you tell her goodbye for me… | 你能不能帮我跟她说再见 |
[15:14] | that I forgive her, | 告诉她我原谅她 |
[15:16] | and I’m sorry? | 还有我很抱歉 |
[15:19] | I don’t know what’s gonna happen to me, | 我不知道会发生什么 |
[15:21] | but maybe we’d both be better off | 但也许我走了 |
[15:23] | if I wasn’t around anymore. | 对我们都好 |
[15:38] | Since when do you knock? | 你什么时候开始敲门了 |
[15:39] | No, I know. I just, um, I didn’t want to barge in, | 不是的 我只是不想管闲事 |
[15:42] | but you never got back to me about Chloe. | 但你后来再没跟我谈过克洛伊的事 |
[15:44] | I texted you. | 我给你发短信了 |
[15:45] | Yeah, but did you call her back? | 那你给她回电话了吗 |
[15:46] | No, I didn’t call her, | 没有 我没打电话 |
[15:48] | but I’m sure she’s fine. | 但我确定她没事 |
[15:49] | I mean, as fine as she can be. | 我是说 没出什么大事 |
[15:51] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[15:53] | Sounded like she really might hurt herself or something. | 听起来她好像要伤害自己 |
[15:57] | Do you want to come in? | 你想进来吗 |
[16:03] | The first time I got a message like that from Chloe, | 我第一次接到克洛伊这样的短信时 |
[16:06] | I dropped everything and ran to wherever it was | 我就放下一切跑去 |
[16:09] | that she was living at the time, | 她当时住的地方 |
[16:11] | and after a very convincing performance, she swore | 她作足了戏 还发誓 |
[16:14] | that she would get help and go back on her meds | 如果我给她写张支票 |
[16:17] | if I wrote her a check, | 她就会去寻求帮助并重新吃药 |
[16:18] | which I did. | 我就给她了 |
[16:20] | And then I fell for it again, | 后来我又上当了 |
[16:21] | and then the next time, and the time after that, | 上了好几次当 |
[16:24] | but finally I got it. | 后来我明白了 |
[16:25] | I was not helping my daughter. | 我不是在帮我的女儿 |
[16:27] | I was actually enabling her | 我是在纵容她 |
[16:28] | to continue her destructive behavior. | 继续她的自我毁灭行为 |
[16:30] | Well, maybe this time’s different. | 但也许这次不一样呢 |
[16:32] | No, it’s not. | 不 是一样的 |
[16:34] | When Chloe’s on her meds, she starts feeling better. | 克洛伊一开始吃药 她就会感觉好一点 |
[16:37] | When she starts feeling better, she decides to stop her meds. | 她感觉好转了 就又不吃药了 |
[16:39] | And when she stops her meds, she doesn’t realize | 她停药时不知道 |
[16:42] | just how sick she actually is. | 自己病得有多重 |
[16:44] | I’m really sorry for the position she put you in, | 很抱歉她把你逼到这份上 |
[16:46] | having you reach out to me. | 逼得你来找我 |
[16:49] | But trust me, | 但是相信我 |
[16:50] | she is not going to kill herself, | 她不会自杀的 |
[16:53] | and nothing is gonna change until she changes. | 除非她自己改变 否则什么都没用 |
[16:57] | Can’t you just talk to her without giving her money? | 你就不能别给她钱只跟她谈谈吗 |
[17:00] | I have tried. | 我试过了 |
[17:02] | So what? You just stop trying? | 所以呢 你放弃了吗 |
[17:04] | She’s your daughter. | 她是你的女儿 |
[17:05] | Aren’t… aren’t you supposed | 你不是应该认真地看待 |
[17:06] | to take every suicide threat seriously? | 她的每一次自杀威胁吗 |
[17:08] | Look, Callie, | 是这样的 凯丽 |
[17:10] | I really don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你可以明白 |
[17:12] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:13] | Because you’re the only one who’s ever right. | 因为只有你自己永远是对的 |
[17:15] | You know, maybe you’re the one that needs to change. | 也许需要改变的人是你 |
[17:17] | Maybe if you listened instead of always telling | 如果你学会倾听而不是总是 |
[17:19] | everybody they don’t know what they’re talking about… | 说别人头脑不清楚 |
[17:20] | Is this about me and my daughter or is this about me and you? | 这是我和我女儿的事还是咱俩的恩怨 |
[17:23] | Does it matter? | 有关系吗 |
[17:24] | It is always your way or the highway. | 反正谁都得听你的 |
[17:26] | Look, Callie, I know you don’t want to hear this right now, | 凯丽 你现在可能听不进去 |
[17:29] | but you are on the wrong side of this foster reform bill. | 但你在这次寄养改革中站错了边 |
[17:33] | This is not reform at all. | 这根本就不是改革 |
[17:35] | It is business as usual. | 这是生意 |
[17:36] | In fact, you know what? It’s actually worse. | 事实上还不如生意 |
[17:38] | – I didn’t come to argue this again. – Why did you come here? | -我不是来跟你吵这个的 -那你来干什么 |
[17:40] | Because I thought that since Chloe’s dad killed himself | 我以为既然克洛伊的爸爸自杀了 |
[17:42] | that maybe you wouldn’t want to take any chances. | 你也许不想冒险失去克洛伊 |
[17:52] | So you’re the one behind this. | 所以你是幕后黑手咯 |
[17:54] | Not just me. A lot of students feel that way. | 不只是我 很多同学都这么觉得 |
[17:56] | Yeah? Well, this is what I think of your petition. | 这是我对你的请愿书的看法 |
[17:59] | No one’s saying suicide is sexy. | 我没说自杀很性感 |
[18:01] | Teen suicide is a real problem, Brandon. | 青少年自杀是个严重的问题 布兰登 |
[18:04] | A big one! | 非常严重 |
[18:05] | God, and you’re glamorizing it by staging your play! | 你给这事套上光环就为了宣传你的戏 |
[18:08] | It’s not my play! It’s shakespeare’s! | 这不是我的戏 是莎士比亚的戏 |
[18:10] | And it’s done in more schools than any other play in history! | 是史上在最多的学校演过的戏 |
[18:12] | That doesn’t make it right! | 那也不行 |
[18:14] | Last summer, my best friend’s sister hung herself | 去年夏天 我闺蜜的姐姐 |
[18:17] | after her boyfriend broke up with her. | 因为分手而上吊自杀了 |
[18:18] | Suicide is a real tragedy, Brandon. | 自杀是真正的悲剧 布兰登 |
[18:20] | Not just some dumb way to end a play. | 不仅仅是结束一出戏的方式 |
[18:22] | And don’t think this is over | 撕烂一张纸 |
[18:23] | just ’cause you ripped up a piece of paper, okay? | 并不能阻止我 |
[18:25] | There’s a lot more where that came from. | 我那儿还有很多 |
[18:31] | Ugh, you still smell like a frat house. | 你身上还是一股酒味 |
[18:33] | You know, don’t judge. You’ve been drunk before. | 行了 别说了 你以前也喝醉过 |
[18:35] | Yeah, at a party. | 是啊 可我是在聚会上喝醉的 |
[18:36] | Not by myself on a Monday. | 不是因为周一自己喝闷酒 |
[18:38] | – What the hell are you doing? – You know what? | -你干什么呢 -听着 |
[18:40] | Leave me alone. | 别烦我 |
[18:45] | All right. Later. | 行吧 回见 |
[18:50] | Jesus told me that you weren’t drinking with him, | 黑素斯说你没跟他一起喝酒 |
[18:52] | that he just called you to get a ride home, so… | 他只是让你送他回家 |
[18:56] | I’m sorry I bit your head off. | 很抱歉我那天那么凶 |
[18:58] | I’m not gonna lie, I was upset at first, | 说实话 我刚开始很生气 |
[19:01] | but I was able to stay present and factor my emotional memory | 但我保持镇定 并将我的情绪记忆 |
[19:04] | into my decision making process, at which point I realized | 带入我的决定中 这时我发现 |
[19:07] | my being defensive was why | 你那晚不肯原谅我是因为 |
[19:08] | you refused to forgive me to other night. | 我的不友好 |
[19:09] | But what I should have done was apologize for scaring you | 我应该为开快车吓你 |
[19:12] | by driving too fast, beg your forgiveness… | 而道歉 对不起 |
[19:16] | And ask for another chance. | 再给我一次机会 |
[19:18] | Huh? | 什么 |
[19:20] | I looked up “emotional intelligence”. | 我查了”情商”这个词 |
[19:21] | I’m trying to positively resolve this conflict | 我想用积极和负责的方法 |
[19:24] | with the use of humor and accountability. | 来积极地解决这次矛盾 |
[19:28] | So… | 那… |
[19:29] | Now that I’ve raised my EQ… | 现在我的情商值都提高了 |
[19:33] | how about another date? | 我们再约会一次吧 |
[19:37] | Brandon, I asked you to let me handle this. | 布兰登 我说过的 让我来处理这事 |
[19:39] | You can’t just rip a petition off the wall | 你不能因为自己不同意 |
[19:40] | because you don’t agree with it. | 就从墙上把请愿书撕下来 |
[19:42] | No, but they can shut down my play | 嗯 但是他们可以因为自己不同意 |
[19:43] | if they don’t agree with it? | 就不让我的戏演吗 |
[19:44] | No one’s shutting your play down. | 没有人要封你的戏 |
[19:46] | I expect you to apologize to Sally Benton. | 我希望你能向莎莉·本顿道歉 |
[19:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:54] | Good. | 好 |
[19:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:56] | I have to say I understand Brandon’s frustration. | 我理解布兰登的心情 |
[19:59] | He’s worked so hard on this. He’s invested so much. | 他在上面花了这么多心血 |
[20:01] | This is his senior project and now he can’t put it on | 这可是他的四年级项目 难道现在就因为 |
[20:04] | because a few kids object? | 几个孩子的反对就不演了吗 |
[20:05] | Don’t you think that’s a bit extreme? | 你不觉得这有点过激了吗 |
[20:07] | Maybe, but I think we have to let | 可能吧 但我想我们 |
[20:09] | the students decide this one. | 得让学生们来决定 |
[20:11] | Sally and Brandon can make their cases to the honor board. | 莎莉和布兰登可以告到纪律委员会 |
[20:25] | – Who is it? – It’s Callie. | -是谁 -是凯丽 |
[20:30] | I really appreciate you coming. | 真谢谢你过来 |
[20:32] | Of course. | 当然 |
[20:40] | I wish I had something to offer you, | 我想给你点东西喝的 |
[20:41] | – but things are kind of tight. – No, I don’t need anything. | -但我什么都没有 -没关系 我什么都不喝 |
[20:44] | I just wanted to make sure that you’re okay. | 我就是来看看你有没有事 |
[20:46] | You know, your message got me really worried. | 你的信息让我很担心 |
[20:49] | Um… Just having a hard time. | 我那时候有点难过 |
[20:51] | I mean, obviously. Look where I’m living. | 当然了 看看我住在什么鬼地方 |
[20:54] | And who knows how long I can even afford this dump | 也不知道我还能在这儿住多久 |
[20:56] | now that I lost my job. | 现在我连工作都没了 |
[20:57] | – Wait, you… – Yeah, I got let go for no reason. | -什么 -是啊 他们无缘无故地解雇了我 |
[21:01] | They said downsizing, but honestly, | 他们说要裁员 但其实 |
[21:03] | my boss didn’t like me because, you know, | 我老板不喜欢我 |
[21:05] | I was smarter than her | 因为我比她聪明 |
[21:07] | and she felt threatened. | 她觉得受到了威胁 |
[21:10] | I’m sorry. | 很遗憾 |
[21:11] | I’m trying to get severance pay, but she’s saying I quit, | 我想要拿我的离职金 但是她说我主动辞职 |
[21:14] | which means I can’t get unemployment, | 说明我连失业金都拿不到了 |
[21:16] | so I’m totally screwed. | 我真是倒霉透了 |
[21:17] | I could end up on the street. | 我可能要去街上流浪了 |
[21:20] | And now my eczema’s flaring up. | 我又开始起湿疹 |
[21:21] | I can’t even afford my medicine. | 但我连药都买不起 |
[21:25] | Look, I feel really bad. | 我真的很遗憾 |
[21:26] | I ju… I don’t know what I can do. | 我不知道我能做点什么 |
[21:29] | Did you talk to my mom? | 你去找我妈了吗 |
[21:32] | Yeah. | 找了 |
[21:34] | Did she care? | 她关心这事吗 |
[21:36] | Yeah, I’m sure she cares. I think she’s just… | 是的 我肯定她很关心 我想她只是 |
[21:38] | Cold selfish bitch. | 铁石心肠的自私婊 |
[21:40] | No, I think it’s just hard for her. | 不是的 我想这对她来说也很困难 |
[21:42] | You know, she’s said that you’ve left messages like this before. | 她说你以前就发过这样的短信 |
[21:46] | She’s a liar. | 她说谎 |
[21:47] | How could I leave her a message | 我连她的手机号都没有 |
[21:49] | if I don’t even have her number? | 怎么给她发短信 |
[21:50] | If I call Girls United, she refuses to talk to me. | 如果我给女生之家打电话 她就不跟我说话 |
[21:53] | I mean, what kind of mom won’t even talk to her daughter? | 哪个妈妈会不肯跟自己的女儿说话 |
[21:58] | She could care less if I ended up on the street. | 即使我流浪街头她也不会在乎的 |
[22:01] | Or dead. | 死在街上也一样 |
[22:04] | Are you… | 你… |
[22:06] | are you planning on hurting yourself? | 你有没有打算自杀 |
[22:08] | No. I’m just… | 没有 我只是… |
[22:12] | I need someone to help me. | 需要人帮帮我 |
[22:15] | I… I have this friend with an apartment | 我一个朋友有套公寓 |
[22:16] | and she’ll rent me a room. | 可以租一个房间给我 |
[22:18] | I just need to come up with first and last. | 我得做最好和最坏的打算 |
[22:21] | $600… | 600块 |
[22:22] | which isn’t a lot of money to my mother. | 对我妈来说不是什么大钱 |
[22:26] | Do you think maybe you could, like… | 你可不可以 |
[22:29] | loan me some money? | 借我点 |
[22:30] | I mean, anything would help, and I’ll pay you back. I swear. | 借多少都可以 我发誓会还你的 |
[22:39] | Tough day at work? | 上班很累吗 |
[22:41] | I know it’s a school night, but I think, uh, | 我知道晚上学校有活动 但我觉得 |
[22:43] | I think we deserve a cocktail. | 可以来一杯鸡尾酒 |
[22:45] | Well, I’m not gonna say no to that. | 我不反对 |
[22:47] | Good, because riding a desk is killing me. | 很好 上课真的很累 |
[22:50] | How was you day, my love? | 你今天怎么样 亲爱的 |
[22:52] | Oh, make it a double please. | 给我也来一杯吧 |
[22:53] | Oh, trust me, it already is. | 还用你说 |
[22:56] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[23:03] | This tastes like… | 感觉像 |
[23:04] | – it’s been watered down. – It’s been watered down. | -掺水了 -被掺水了 |
[23:07] | – You don’t think that one… – Oh, my god, | -该不会是 -我的天 |
[23:08] | the kids are watering down the vodka. | 孩子们往伏特加里掺水 |
[23:12] | Should we get them together? | 要不要把他们叫来 |
[23:13] | Oh, no, no. I’m a cop. I’m gonna dust for prints. | 不用不用 我是警察 我要采集指纹 |
[23:16] | Honey, you’re not serious. | 你该不会是认真的吧 |
[23:17] | I’m totally serious | 当然是认真的 |
[23:18] | because I was looking forward to this drink. | 我这么期待这酒 |
[23:21] | Maybe it was your mom. | 可能是你妈妈 |
[23:22] | You know how she likes her cocktails. | 你知道她多喜欢喝鸡尾酒 |
[23:23] | Maybe she didn’t want you to know how much she was drinking. | 也许她不想让你知道她喝了多少 |
[23:27] | Wait, you think my mother was sneaking liquor? | 等等 你认为我妈在偷酒喝 |
[23:29] | That’s weird. | 也太奇怪了吧 |
[23:32] | That’s a good point. Maybe it was my mother. | 有道理 可能是她 |
[23:36] | I’ll get it. | 我去吧 |
[23:44] | Hey, I’m Gabe. | 嘿 我是加布 |
[23:46] | He showed up at my worksite like this. | 这家伙醉醺醺地来我上班的地方了 |
[23:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[23:56] | He’s fine. He’s… he’s in bed. | 他没事 已经躺下了 |
[23:58] | I can get into a lot of trouble doing what I just did | 带他回家这个事情 |
[24:00] | just for taking him home. | 可以给我惹大麻烦 |
[24:01] | Yes. We, uh, we know | 是啊 我们知道 |
[24:03] | that you’re on the sex offenders list. | 你在性犯罪者的名单上 |
[24:05] | But we know why. | 不过我们知道原因 |
[24:07] | I didn’t know who Jesus was. | 我不知道黑素斯是谁 |
[24:09] | All right? He lied to me, he lied to my boss. | 知道吧 他跟我撒谎 跟我老板撒谎 |
[24:12] | He said he was 18. | 他说他18岁了 |
[24:13] | All right? When he finally told me who he was, | 他最后告诉我他是谁的时候 |
[24:15] | I told him to leave | 我叫他走 |
[24:16] | and don’t come back. | 别再来 |
[24:18] | But obviously, that didn’t stop him. | 显然他不听我的 |
[24:22] | If he keeps showing up at the site like this, | 如果他还是这样一直来我上班的地方 |
[24:24] | I’m gonna have to find another job, | 我得另找工作了 |
[24:26] | and this one was hard enough for me to get. | 找这份工作我都已经花了很大功夫 |
[24:28] | We’re very sorry. | 我们真的很遗憾 |
[24:29] | Um, I’m… I’m sure it’s tough. | 我知道很难 |
[24:32] | I made a mistake being with Ana. | 跟安娜在一起的时候我犯了错 |
[24:34] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[24:35] | She was 15, I was 18, | 当时她15岁 我18 |
[24:38] | I was dealing drugs, | 我贩毒 |
[24:39] | made some really bad decisions. | 做了一些错得离谱的决定 |
[24:41] | But we really did think that we were in love. | 但我们真的认为我们是相爱的 |
[24:45] | And I went to jail and I did my time. | 然后我进了监狱 服了刑 |
[24:48] | All right? But this list… | 知道吗 可是那个名单 |
[24:50] | It’s a life sentence. | 就像是终生监禁 |
[24:51] | I’m not some creep who goes around and messes with kids. | 我不是那种会跟孩子乱来的混蛋 |
[24:55] | All right? I have been out 10 years, and I haven’t gotten | 我出来已经十年了 从没惹过 |
[24:58] | into any trouble, | 任何事 |
[25:00] | so you have got to keep your son away from me. | 你们一定不能再让你们儿子来找我了 |
[25:05] | Please. | 拜托 |
[25:06] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[25:07] | We promise that we’ll take care of it. | 我们保证会处理好的 |
[25:09] | Thank you so much for bringing him home. | 谢谢你带他回家 |
[25:20] | This is… this is Gabe. | 这位是加布 |
[25:38] | You have a problem, Jesus? | 你怎么回事 黑素斯 |
[25:39] | I’m serious. Do you need to go to AA? | 我说真的 你要不要去戒酒互助会 |
[25:42] | No. | 不去 |
[25:43] | Okay, because sneaking vodka and watering down the bottle | 偷喝伏特加 往酒瓶里掺水 |
[25:45] | is alcoholic behavior to me. | 在我看来就是喝酒上瘾的表现 |
[25:47] | I’m pretty concerned about you, young man. | 我很担心你 年轻人 |
[25:50] | Just the… the way you’ve been acting. | 做出这样的事 |
[25:53] | Going behind our backs to find your birth father? | 还背着我们去找自己的生父 |
[25:56] | Going to his worksite three times | 三次到他上班的地方去 |
[25:57] | even though he told you to stay away? | 他都叫你别去了还不听 |
[25:59] | – Okay! – No, not okay! | -行了 -不行 |
[26:01] | Not only are you putting yourself in jeopardy, | 你不仅让自己陷入危险境地 |
[26:03] | you’re putting Gabe in a position where he could be arrested | 可能害加布被逮捕 |
[26:05] | and you’re putting me in a really bad spot | 还让我特别尴尬 |
[26:08] | because guess what? | 知道为什么吗 |
[26:08] | I’m a cop. | 因为我是警察 |
[26:10] | Whether Gabe deserves to be on that sex offenders list | 加布是不是应该被列在性犯罪者名单上 |
[26:13] | is another issue, but the law is quite clear. | 是另一回事 但是法律非常明确 |
[26:15] | You are a minor and he cannot be anywhere near you. | 你还是未成年人 他不能接近你 |
[26:18] | I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 行了吧 |
[26:19] | I… I get it. I’m not gonna do it again. | 我明白了 我再也不去了 |
[26:22] | I don’t think you do get it. | 我觉得你还没明白 |
[26:25] | Your birth father doesn’t want a relationship with you | 你的生父不想跟你或你姐妹 |
[26:26] | or with your sister, okay? | 有任何牵连 知道吗 |
[26:28] | And that sucks, but that’s the way it is. | 这很蛋疼 可事实就是这样 |
[26:31] | Life’s a bitch sometimes. | 生活有时候就是这么操蛋 |
[26:32] | And on that note, you’re grounded indefinitely. | 说到这个问题 你被无限期禁足 |
[26:40] | Mom’s been through a lot lately. | 你妈妈最近经历了很多 |
[26:42] | I know you know that. | 我知道你了解 |
[26:43] | But she’s right. You need to stay away from Gabe | 不过她是对的 你得离加布远点 |
[26:46] | and you need to shape up. | 守点规矩了 |
[27:13] | He’s tall. | 他好高 |
[27:15] | Like you. | 跟你一样 |
[27:28] | Okay, everybody. | 好了 各位 |
[27:29] | First thing, Mariana and I will be recusing ourselves from voting | 首先 玛丽安娜和我不会参与投票 |
[27:32] | since she’s in the play | 因为她在剧中有戏份 |
[27:34] | and I am making the arguments against R&J. | 而我是提议反对上演《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 |
[27:38] | Now, let’s get started. | 现在开始吧 |
[27:40] | Suicide is the second leading cause of death | 在15至25岁的人中 自杀是 |
[27:43] | for 15 to 25-year-olds. | 第二大死亡原因 |
[27:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:46] | Because young adults experience strong, intense feelings | 因为年轻人会有强烈热切的情感 |
[27:50] | of stress, of self-doubt, of loneliness, of loss, | 因为精神压力 自我怀疑 孤独 得失 |
[27:55] | of the pressure to succeed. | 和想要成功的负担 |
[27:56] | In Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare romanticizes | 在《罗密欧与朱丽叶》中 莎士比亚 |
[27:59] | suicide as a way for two teenagers in love | 将两个热恋中少男少女的自杀浪漫化 |
[28:01] | to be together forever in eternity. | 就为了能永远在一起 |
[28:04] | Romeo toasts, “Here’s to my love,” | 罗密欧说”敬我的爱人” |
[28:06] | as he drinks the poison that kills him. | 然后喝下置他于死地的毒药 |
[28:08] | The poison that Juliet calls “Friendly drops” | 朱丽叶想把毒药从他唇上吻去的时候 |
[28:11] | when she tries to kiss them off his lips, | 把毒药称作”友谊之水” |
[28:13] | but instead uses a “Happy dagger” to end her life. | 却用”幸福之刃”了结了自己的生命 |
[28:17] | How is this idealization of love and death | 这种把爱和死理想化的信息 |
[28:21] | a good message to send teenagers? | 怎么可以传递给青少年呢 |
[28:24] | Thank you. Brandon? | 谢谢 布兰登 |
[28:37] | Forbidding the performance of a classic piece of literature | 禁止表演经典文学剧作 |
[28:42] | because it might in and of itself | 仅因为剧情 |
[28:45] | trigger someone to kill themself is not only ridiculous, | 可能会触发别人轻生的冲动不仅荒谬至极 |
[28:48] | but it’s one small step away from banning books. | 这种做法离禁书也不远了 |
[28:51] | And let’s talk about this idea that Shakespeare’s romanticizing | 我想谈谈莎士比亚在《罗密欧与朱丽叶》中 |
[28:54] | suicide in Romeo and Juliet. | 把自杀理想化的问题 |
[28:56] | He’s not even romanticizing their relationship. | 他其实根本没有把他们的关系理想化 |
[29:00] | I used to think that R&J was about true love. | 我以前以为这部剧是关于真爱的 |
[29:03] | It’s not. | 其实不然 |
[29:05] | It’s about two rebellious, | 这部剧是关于两个叛逆 |
[29:08] | impulsive teenagers making really bad choices. | 冲动的少年少女做出错误选择的故事 |
[29:14] | And… and this suicide pact at the end, it… | 这个自杀的约定最后 |
[29:17] | it’s not portrayed as this ultimate act of true love. | 并没有被刻画成表达真爱的完美做法 |
[29:22] | It’s portrayed as a tragic act | 而是两个轻视生命的 |
[29:24] | taken by two screwed up kids | 可怜孩子 |
[29:27] | who dismiss the value of their lives. | 酿成的悲剧 |
[29:31] | Which is why the last line in the play isn’t, | 所以说 剧里的最后一句台词并不是 |
[29:35] | “They killed themselves and lived happily ever after.” | “他们自杀后过得非常幸福” |
[29:38] | No. | 不是 |
[29:40] | It’s, “For never was a story of more woe | 而是”没有比朱丽叶和她的罗密欧 |
[29:44] | than this of Juliet and her Romeo.” | 更悲伤的故事了” |
[30:00] | Okay, so we’ve heard both sides | 我们听了双方的说法 |
[30:02] | and it’s time for the honor board to vote. | 纪律委员会可以投票了 |
[30:05] | Those in favor of staging Romeo and Juliet, | 赞成上演《罗密欧与朱丽叶》的 |
[30:07] | raise your hands. | 请举手 |
[30:10] | Okay. And against? | 好 反对的呢 |
[30:51] | Brandon, I am so sorry. | 布兰登 真的很遗憾 |
[30:53] | I know how hard you worked. | 我知道你多努力 |
[30:55] | Um, okay, uh… What if we do it somewhere else? | 我们能不能在别的地方演 |
[30:58] | Off campus. | 在校外 |
[30:59] | They can’t stop us from doing that, can they? | 这样他们就没法阻止了吧 |
[31:01] | No. | 是 |
[31:02] | And can it still count as our senior project? | 能不能算作我们的毕业课题 |
[31:04] | Well, other students are doing their projects off campus, | 其他学生也在校外做课题 |
[31:06] | so yeah, it definitely could. | 当然可以 |
[31:08] | – Okay. – But where? | -好 -在哪 |
[31:10] | Well, we need a theater or a big space, | 我们需要一个剧院或者一片大的空地 |
[31:12] | but we don’t have the money to rent something like that. | 可我们没钱租 |
[31:14] | Plus, without all the lights and the soundboard | 而且 学校里有灯光 |
[31:16] | we have here at school, well, it’s, like… | 共振板等等 简直… |
[31:20] | impossible. | 不可能 |
[31:22] | Brandon, I am so sorry. | 布兰登 我很遗憾 |
[31:24] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢了 妈 |
[31:25] | Hey, Mat, wait up. | 麦特 等等 |
[31:28] | Hey, I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[31:30] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[31:33] | So you still want to hang out? | 还要一起玩吗 |
[31:35] | Um… Not really in the mood. | 没啥心情 |
[31:38] | Well, let me try to cheer you up. | 让我试试逗你开心 |
[31:41] | I don’t see why I have to go to some class for losers! | 为什么非要去听给少年犯开得课 |
[31:45] | Because you’ve been acting like one, that’s why. | 就因为你少年犯的表现 |
[31:47] | – This is so unfair! – No, it’s not! | -太不公平了 -才没有 |
[31:49] | Listen, I understand that you’re disappointed and upset | 我理解 你因为福林坞的事 摔跤的事 |
[31:51] | about Flintwood and wrestling and your birth father, | 和你生父的事 感到失望难过 |
[31:53] | but do you know what? | 但你知不知道 |
[31:54] | You have not been responding appropriately. | 你的反应太不成体统了 |
[31:57] | – This is bull. – No, it’s tough love! | -太扯了 -不 这叫严爱 |
[32:00] | You know what? Go get ready before I kick your ass, | 告诉你 快去准备 别等我揍你 |
[32:01] | and don’t think that I won’t. | 别以为我不会 |
[32:09] | What is going on? | 什么情况 |
[32:10] | They have not been able to find a replacement teacher for me, | 找不到替我的老师 |
[32:12] | so I’m taking our little hoodlum with me to class tonight | 今晚带咱家的愤怒小青年一起去上课 |
[32:14] | so that he can see what his future is | 让他看看 如果他不端正态度 |
[32:15] | if he doesn’t straighten himself out. | 会变成什么样子 |
[32:17] | Okay, I wasn’t gonna say anything, | 我本来不想说什么 |
[32:18] | but you are being way too hard on him. | 但你对他太过严厉了 |
[32:20] | Telling him that his birth father | 跟他说什么 |
[32:21] | doesn’t want anything to do with him? | 生父不想跟他沾上半点关系 |
[32:23] | Telling him that life’s a bitch? | 说什么生活就是那么操蛋 |
[32:24] | Yeah, well, that’s reality. | 是啊 现实如此 |
[32:25] | His or yours? | 他的现实 还是你的 |
[32:28] | I realize you’re having a rough time with the mastectomy, | 我知道切除乳房 被迫做文职工作 |
[32:31] | with having to ride a desk at work, | 你不好过 |
[32:33] | but Jesus is not the only one who’s not responding appropriately. | 但并非只有黑素斯的反应不成体统 |
[32:37] | And that’s not coming from a critical place. | 这话并非指责你 |
[32:39] | It’s coming from a place of tough love. | 而是出于对你的严爱 |
[32:50] | It’s one of my dad’s warehouses. | 是我爸的其中一间仓库 |
[32:56] | What are we doing here? | 来这儿做什么 |
[32:58] | Teaching you to hoverboard. | 教你玩悬浮滑板 |
[33:02] | Hm, okay. | 好嘛 |
[33:05] | You ever, uh, ride one of these things? | 你玩过这玩意吗 |
[33:08] | Please. | 拜托 |
[33:09] | What? Okay. Okay. | 不错嘛 |
[33:14] | Damn, girl. | 厉害呀 妹子 |
[33:16] | Well, maybe you can teach me how to hoverboard then. | 不如你教我玩吧 |
[33:19] | How’s that? | 怎么样 |
[33:23] | Hey, check out the acoustics. | 听听这音响效果 |
[33:25] | Hello! | 你好 |
[33:28] | Hey, you should sing something. | 你唱点什么吧 |
[33:29] | From your play. | 你们戏里的歌 |
[33:32] | From R&J? | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》吗 |
[33:33] | For real. I wanna hear you sing. | 真的 我想听你唱 |
[33:36] | – Nuh-uh. – Uh-huh. | -不要 -就要 |
[33:38] | – Nuh-uh. – Uh-huh. | -不要 -就要 |
[33:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:45] | ♪This love could be great♪ | ♪这爱美妙无比♪ |
[33:48] | ♪But they say it would be wrong♪ | ♪却被大家否决♪ |
[33:51] | ♪I don’t care♪ | ♪我不在乎♪ |
[33:52] | ♪’Cause I’d be lost♪ | ♪因为没有你♪ |
[33:55] | ♪Without you♪ | ♪我将迷失♪ |
[33:59] | What if… | 如果… |
[34:01] | you do the whole play here? | 你们在这里演出 怎么样 |
[34:03] | Are you serious? | 说真的 |
[34:04] | I mean, I know my dad will say yes. | 我知道我爸一定会答应 |
[34:06] | It’s one of the perks of being, uh, kind of spoiled. | 算是溺爱的好处之一 |
[34:10] | Oh, my God, you’re… | 天呐 你… |
[34:12] | You’re totally my hero! | 真是我的大英雄 |
[34:36] | Callie? | 凯丽 |
[34:38] | Callie, are you there? | 凯丽 你在吗 |
[34:40] | This is Chloe. | 是我克洛伊 |
[34:42] | I did something bad. | 我做了件糟糕的事 |
[34:47] | Say goodbye for me. | 替我告别 |
[35:27] | Emotional Intelligence is a wide range of skills | 情感智力是”年轻人可以提升的” |
[35:29] | “that young people can develop and improve.” | 各种技能 |
[35:33] | “These skills are critical | “这些技能 |
[35:34] | for emotional well-being and success in life.” | 对良好情绪和人生成功至关重要” |
[35:44] | The thing is that, uh, | 其实 |
[35:46] | emotional intelligence isn’t something that, uh, | 情感智力并非 |
[35:49] | just young people need to work on, | 只有年轻人需要重视 |
[35:51] | just you need to work on. | 你们需要重视 |
[35:53] | Everyone, myself included, | 每个人 也包括我 |
[35:54] | needs to figure out a way to identify what we’re feeling | 都需要设法识别自己的情绪 |
[35:57] | so we know what to do with it. | 才知道该怎么管理情绪 |
[36:01] | I had something really bad happen to me, | 一些倒霉事发生在我身上 |
[36:02] | and I have been angry | 我一直很气愤 |
[36:03] | and keeping it inside. I… | 怒火中烧 我… |
[36:07] | I had cancer and I had to have both of my breasts removed. | 得了癌症 做了全乳房切除 |
[36:11] | These are just pads. | 这只是乳垫 |
[36:13] | And so, Javier, when you threw away the hummus… | 哈维尔 见你扔了鹰嘴豆泥 |
[36:17] | I overreacted by throwing you out. | 我反应过度 竟赶你出去 |
[36:21] | So… | 因此… |
[36:24] | I know that all of you have had something bad happen to you… | 我知道你们都有不愉快的经历 |
[36:28] | and you’ve been hurt, disappointed, and angry, | 受了伤 感到失望 愤怒 |
[36:31] | and you probably haven’t reacted in the smartest of ways. | 或许你们从前的反应并不明智 |
[36:36] | But that’s why we’re all here. | 但这正是来上课的原因 |
[36:38] | All of us. | 我们都如此 |
[36:40] | To help each other | 来帮对方 |
[36:42] | become more self-aware, | 变得更有自知之明 |
[36:45] | and learn to express ourselves in healthier ways. | 学习用健康的方式表达自己 |
[36:48] | So, when Javier suggested that I write “Tits” on the board | 当哈维尔建议我 在白板上写”乳头” |
[36:53] | as one of my positive attributes, | 作为我的一大优势 |
[36:56] | how could I have reacted better? | 我该如何更好地回应 |
[37:01] | – With humor. – Absolutely. | -用幽默化解 -完全没错 |
[37:02] | I could have made a joke. | 我可以开个玩笑 |
[37:05] | You could have told me I hurt your feelings. | 你可以跟我说 我伤害了你的感情 |
[37:11] | I could have. | 是可以 |
[37:14] | Thank you, Javier. | 谢谢你 哈维尔 |
[37:58] | I never thought she’d actually do it. | 绝没想到她真会这么做 |
[38:03] | I know. | 我懂 |
[38:05] | You were right, Cal, you know. | 你说得对 小卡 |
[38:07] | I should’ve listened to you. | 我应该听你的 |
[38:08] | I… I should have taken her threats more seriously. | 应该把她的威胁当回事 |
[38:11] | No, I get why you didn’t. | 不 我理解你弃之不顾的原因 |
[38:14] | After hearing her cry wolf so many times… | 她喊了那么多次”狼来了” |
[38:19] | I’m really sorry that you were involved in all this. | 我很抱歉把你卷进来了 |
[38:20] | Really, I’m sorry. | 真的 对不起 |
[38:22] | Don’t be. | 不必 |
[38:23] | I’m sorry. | 是我对不起 |
[38:25] | I’m so sorry for what I said to you. | 对你说那些话 我很抱歉 |
[38:28] | Thank God she’s gonna be okay. | 谢天谢地 她会没事 |
[38:32] | I… I don’t think she really wanted to kill herself. | 我觉得她不是真想自杀 |
[38:35] | I mean, she called me. | 她打过我电话 |
[38:37] | You know, she must have figured | 肯定料到 |
[38:37] | that I would get the message sooner | 我会早点收到消息 |
[38:39] | and send someone to save her, you know? | 找人去救她 |
[38:42] | For the first time in my life, | 有生以来第一次 |
[38:43] | when I walked into that hospital room, | 当我走进病房 |
[38:46] | when she said she wanted help… | 她说需要帮助… |
[38:50] | when she said she needed me… | 说需要我时… |
[38:52] | she meant it. | 她是真心的 |
[38:55] | Maybe she was trying to get my attention, but I think… | 也许是想引起我的注意 但… |
[38:58] | I think this time, she got her own attention. | 这次 也给她自己敲了警钟 |
[39:03] | So now… | 现在 |
[39:06] | now we’re gonna go to counseling | 我们得去心理咨询 |
[39:08] | to try to figure out what the hell to do | 试图理清 |
[39:09] | with all these awful, messy feelings, you know? | 该拿这些糟糕的情绪怎么办 |
[39:14] | I think… | 我想… |
[39:16] | I hope… | 希望… |
[39:19] | that this is the moment | 那一刻 |
[39:20] | where it all starts to change for her. | 她能有所改变 |
[39:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:29] | Listen, I know that I’m stubborn. | 听着 我知道我很固执 |
[39:32] | I know that I’m really opinionated, and so are you. | 知道我师心自用 你也一样 |
[39:35] | And hey, about that foster care bill, | 有关那个寄养法案 |
[39:38] | Listen, we’re gonna have to agree to disagree. | 咱们只好相互谅解 |
[39:42] | But know, know that even when I disagree with you, Callie, | 但要知道 即使你我意见不同 凯丽 |
[39:45] | I am so proud | 我一样 |
[39:47] | of the amazing young woman that you’re becoming. | 为你如今的优秀 感到自豪 |
[40:12] | I heard about what happened. | 我都听说了 |
[40:15] | Do you want to talk about it? | 想聊聊吗 |
[40:19] | That’s cool. | 没关系 |
[40:23] | Do you mind if I just sit there with you? | 介意我坐你旁边吗 |
[41:05] | 随时随地查看更新信息 控制路由器远程下载 签到升级更加方便 赶快安装起来吧 | |
[41:17] | 《罗密欧与朱丽叶》 导演 布兰登·福斯特 原创音乐 布兰登·福斯特 麦特·谭 根据莎士比亚戏剧改编 | |
[41:20] | Don’t worry. We’re doing it off campus. | 别担心 我们在校外演 |
[41:22] | And you don’t have to come. | 不强求你来 |
[41:30] | Hey, uh, can I talk to you? | 能跟你聊聊吗 |
[41:36] | Come in. | 进来 |
[41:45] | What is it, Sally? What happened? | 怎么了 莎莉 发生什么了 |
[41:48] | I… | 我… |
[41:53] | Sorry, I’m… | 抱歉 我… |
[41:54] | I don’t know how, um… | 不知道该怎么… |
[41:55] | It’s really hard for me to say this. | 这真难以启齿 |
[42:04] | Monte kissed me. | 蒙绨亲了我 |