时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Are you the student responsible for the art installation? | 负责艺术装饰的学生是你吗 |
[00:04] | I’m a professor at San Diego School of Art and Design. | 我是圣地亚哥艺术设计学院的教授 |
[00:06] | You should do one thing a day that scares you. | 你应该每天做一件让你害怕的事情 |
[00:08] | – What was that? – My one scary thing for tomorrow. | -这算什么 -我明天要做的害怕的事 |
[00:10] | Jesus and I want to build this massive tree house, | 黑素斯和我想建一个大树屋 |
[00:13] | and I thought that you could help. | 我在想你也许可以帮我们 |
[00:14] | I cannot believe that you knew about Emma. | 我不敢相信你知道艾玛的事 |
[00:16] | Jesus is starting to get suspicious. | 黑素斯开始怀疑了 |
[00:18] | – You took Emma to get an abortion? – Stop! | -你带艾玛去堕胎 -住手 |
[00:21] | – I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you. – I hope that we’re okay. | -抱歉之前没告诉你 -希望我们和好如初 |
[00:25] | The motion to dissolve the Anchor Beach Charter is carried. | 解散锚滩社区委办学校的动议保持不变 |
[00:28] | Education is a right! | 教育是权利 |
[00:31] | Get your hands off my sister! | 不许碰我姐姐 |
[00:33] | If I don’t got back to Russell, | 如果我不回拉塞尔那儿 |
[00:35] | – he’s gonna kill me. – I’ll go. | -他会杀了我 -我去 |
[00:36] | Hold your fire! That’s my daughter! | 别开枪 那是我女儿 |
[00:38] | What’s it gonna take for you to start valuing your life? | 要怎么样你才能开始珍视你的生命 |
[00:46] | Looks like the new neighbors are moving in. | 新邻居好像搬进来了 |
[00:48] | Here’s hoping they’re an improvement over the last ones. | 希望比前几家好一点 |
[00:57] | Um, I forgot to ask the detectives. | 我忘了问警察 |
[01:00] | Am I’m gonna have to testify in Russell’s trial? | 我用不用在拉塞尔的审讯中作证 |
[01:03] | Well, your phone in the bag ties him to the meth. | 你放在他包里的手机证明他与冰毒有关 |
[01:05] | The kidnapping charge is going to be an issue. | 至于绑架的罪名还不知道能不能成立 |
[01:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:09] | Because she got into the van willingly, | 因为她明知道他是拉皮条的 |
[01:11] | knowing that he was a pimp. | 还自愿上的货车 |
[01:12] | Well, at least he’s off the street. | 至少他被抓起来了 |
[01:14] | I mean, that might not | 如果我没和戴蒙德去 |
[01:14] | have happened if I hadn’t gone with Diamond. | 也许就不会这样了 |
[01:16] | You know what could have happened, Callie? | 你知道也许会怎样吗 凯丽 |
[01:18] | You could have been raped, | 你有可能被强奸 |
[01:19] | or you could have been beaten or– or killed. | 被暴打 或者被杀死 |
[01:21] | Okay? This is nothing to celebrate. | 懂吗 这不是什么值得庆祝的事 |
[01:23] | And in spite of the fact that Troy Johnson confessed, | 尽管特洛伊·约翰逊认罪 |
[01:25] | the D.A. has not dropped the | 但检察官还没有 |
[01:27] | breaking and entering or the hit and run or charges, | 撤销非法入侵和肇事逃逸的罪名 |
[01:29] | so you’re not out of the woods yet, young lady. | 所以你的麻烦还没完 大小姐 |
[01:39] | Honey, she was terrified. | 亲爱的 她当时怕极了 |
[01:41] | She didn’t know where you were or what was happening to you. | 她不知道你在哪 遭遇了什么 |
[01:48] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:00] | Congratulations! | 恭喜你 |
[02:03] | What, uh– what’s this? | 这 这是干什么 |
[02:04] | Well, my lawyers called this afternoon, | 我的律师今天下午来电话了 |
[02:06] | and all charges have been dropped against Callie. | 针对凯丽的所有指控都被撤销了 |
[02:09] | I am so proud of you. You stuck to your guns. | 为你骄傲 你坚持下来了 |
[02:11] | You, uh, even saved an innocent kid | 甚至还让一个 |
[02:13] | from spending the rest of his life in prison. | 无辜的孩子免受牢狱之苦 |
[02:15] | Hip-hip! | 耶耶 |
[02:17] | Hooray! | 万岁 |
[02:18] | Come on, guys. Our sister’s a hero. | 各位 默契点 我们的姐妹是英雄 |
[02:20] | – Hip-hip! – Hooray! | -耶耶 -万岁 |
[02:22] | – Hip-hip! Hip-hip! – Hooray! Hooray! | -耶耶 耶耶 -万岁 万岁 |
[03:13] | Hey. You guys want cake? | 你们想吃蛋糕吗 |
[03:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:22] | How long are you gonna stop speaking to your brother? | 你还要和他冷战多久 |
[03:24] | How long are you gonna stop speaking to Mariana? | 你还要和玛丽安娜冷战多久 |
[03:26] | Forever. It’s different. | 永远 这不一样 |
[03:32] | Sorry. World stuff. | 抱歉 有点事 |
[03:35] | When, uh– when do you leave? | 你 你什么时候走 |
[03:36] | Wednesday. | 周三 |
[03:38] | So, how’s the team? You know, without… | 队里现在怎么样 没有了她之后 |
[03:41] | She was our best coder, but… | 她是最好的程序员 但… |
[03:43] | we don’t have to deal with her trying to micro-manage everyone. | 但这样倒不用为她谁都要管发愁了 |
[03:46] | How’s the tree house going? Has she taken over yet? | 树屋怎么样了 她独揽大权了吗 |
[03:49] | No. | 没有 |
[03:50] | No, she just found us a tree. | 没有 她只是帮我们找了棵树 |
[03:54] | Give her time. She will… | 时间问题 过不了多久 |
[03:57] | take over. | 她就会独揽大权的 |
[04:05] | I’m gonna go get some cake. | 我去吃点蛋糕 |
[04:08] | So, I’m getting the feeling | 感觉好像 |
[04:10] | you’re not very happy with this little party. | 你们不太喜欢这个小派对 |
[04:12] | Robert, we appreciate everything you do for Callie. | 罗伯特 你为凯丽做的一切我们都很感激 |
[04:14] | We just would have liked a little bit of a head’s up. | 你要是提前通知我们一下会更好 |
[04:16] | Well, I’m sorry. You know, I just wanted to surprise her. | 对不起 我只是想给她一个惊喜 |
[04:18] | Well, we’ve had enough surprises. | 惊吓倒是够多了 |
[04:21] | Yeah, but this is– this is good news. | 但这次是好消息啊 |
[04:23] | The ends don’t justify the means, Robert. | 但这不表示她没做错 罗伯特 |
[04:25] | Okay, she’s made a couple of mistakes, but– | 是 她是犯过一些错误 但… |
[04:26] | She keeps making mistakes, | 她一直在犯错 |
[04:28] | and we should in no way celebrate them. | 这不是什么值得庆祝的事 |
[04:31] | Okay, is there something else here that I don’t know? | 是有什么我还不知道的事吗 |
[04:40] | Hey. Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[04:44] | Uh, yeah. Sure. | 当然 |
[04:48] | So, I-I’ve– I’ve been thinking… | 我 我 我一直在想… |
[04:51] | and I… | 我… |
[04:53] | wanna do my senior project by myself. | 想独自完成高中毕设 |
[04:59] | Well, you can’t. | 但是不行啊 |
[05:01] | Drew said it was too expensive for just one student. | 德鲁说对一名学生来说太贵了 |
[05:03] | Well… I know. | 我知道 |
[05:05] | But, I just– I thought that | 但我 我想 |
[05:07] | I could talk to him myself and see what he says. | 我可以自己和他谈谈 看看怎么样 |
[05:11] | Was this Emma’s idea? | 这是艾玛的主意吗 |
[05:12] | No. No, not at all. | 不 不 不是的 |
[05:14] | I just… | 我只是 |
[05:16] | I need to prove that I can do something | 我需要证明自己能做一些事 |
[05:19] | on my own. | 只靠自己 |
[05:23] | You know? | 你能理解我吗 |
[05:29] | Callie, look. I know I’m not your parent. | 凯丽 我知道我不是你的家长 |
[05:32] | All right, but I want to help. | 但我想帮你 |
[05:34] | – I don’t need your help. – Well, we do. | -我不需要你的帮助 -我们需要 |
[05:37] | Lena and I, we’re at our wits’ end. | 莉娜和我已经没招了 |
[05:38] | We can’t watch you 24/7. | 我们不能全天候看着你们 |
[05:40] | We have four other teenagers in this house | 这个房子里还有另外四个青少年 |
[05:42] | who also need our attention. | 同样需要我们照看 |
[05:44] | So, you want me to go live with Robert? | 所以你们想让我和罗伯特一起住吗 |
[05:46] | No. | 不是 |
[05:48] | I just wanna spend more time with you, | 我就是想花更多时间和你相处 |
[05:50] | support you in making better decisions. | 支持你 让你做更好的决定 |
[05:53] | You have nothing but opportunity in front of you | 这是一个千载难逢的好机会 |
[05:54] | if you so choose it. | 你要好好把握 |
[05:56] | You’re gonna be graduating in a few months. | 你再过几个月就要毕业了 |
[05:58] | You gotta finish your college applications. | 你要完成你的大学申请 |
[06:00] | What about the professor from the College of Art and Design? | 那个艺术设计学院的教授怎么样了 |
[06:02] | – Did you follow up with her? – No. | -你有再和她联系吗 -没有 |
[06:05] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[06:07] | Callie, we love you, | 凯丽 我们爱你 |
[06:09] | but there’s only so much that any of us can do for you. | 但还有很多事是我们帮不了你的 |
[06:14] | You need to decide who you want to be, going forward, | 你要决定自己想成为什么样的人 要向前进 |
[06:17] | because this– | 因为你现在这样… |
[06:19] | this girl is not acceptable. | 你现在这样是不可接受的 |
[06:27] | So, what are you gonna do on your day off? | 你的休息日想干什么 |
[06:31] | You know me. I’m probably gonna go to the spa, | 老样子呗 做水疗 |
[06:33] | get a massage, a little mani-pedi. | 按个摩 再做个指甲 |
[06:35] | Well, if you have time between treatments, | 如果你还有空余时间 |
[06:38] | maybe you could pick up something | 能不能带些东西 |
[06:40] | to bring to the new neighbors? | 拜访一下新邻居 |
[06:41] | – Sure, any suggestions? – Oh, whatever’s fine. | -好 带些什么呢 -带什么都行 |
[06:45] | All right. A plant. That’s a good– | 那好 绿植吧 这个不错… |
[06:47] | No, don’t get a plant. No one wants a plant. | 不要 不要绿植 没人爱绿植 |
[06:49] | You’re buying them an obligation. | 你这是强加义务给别人 |
[06:51] | – Bottle of wine. – What if they don’t drink? | -红酒呢 -他们要是不喝酒呢 |
[06:54] | Are you sure that you don’t have any suggestions? | 你这叫带什么都行吗 |
[06:56] | No, it’s all up to you. | 当然 你自己决定 |
[07:00] | How about a bird feeder. Everybody likes a bird feeder. | 喂鸟器怎么样 人人都喜欢 |
[07:03] | – You mean a rat feeder? – Okay, seriously? | -根本是喂鼠器吧 -你真的假的 |
[07:05] | I’m sorry. Really. Anything you choose is fine. | 抱歉 真的 只要是你选的都挺好 |
[07:07] | It’s just the gesture that counts, so. | 送礼的心意最重要 |
[07:11] | Are we doing the right thing? | 我们这样做对吗 |
[07:14] | I-I’m assuming you’ve changed the subject. | 请告诉我已经转移话题了 |
[07:17] | Involving Robert more in Callie’s life? | 我是说让罗伯特更多地融入凯丽的生活 |
[07:19] | I mean, don’t forget, he did fight us for custody. | 别忘了 他曾和我们争夺孩子的监护权 |
[07:22] | Well, Callie’s turning 18 in six months, | 凯丽六个月后就满十八岁了 |
[07:24] | so… not an issue any more. | 所以…到那时也不是问题了 |
[07:26] | Okay, good. Because we already have one birth father | 好吧 因为我们车库里 |
[07:28] | living in our garage. | 已经住进了一位生父 |
[07:30] | Well, you know what they say: | 你知道那句老话的 |
[07:31] | “It takes a village.” | “抚养孩子要举全村之力” |
[07:33] | This is so not like you. | 这真不像你 |
[07:41] | I just– I just think that after this last thing with Callie, | 我只是在想凯丽的事之后 |
[07:43] | I– I really… | 我真的… |
[07:47] | I really don’t know what to do. | 我真的很不知所措 |
[07:52] | I know. That was so awful for you. | 我懂 这件事很可怕 |
[07:54] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:56] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[07:59] | How can I help? What can I do? | 我能帮你什么 我能做点什么 |
[08:02] | Figure out what to get the neighbors. | 帮我想想送邻居什么礼物 |
[08:05] | I’m serious. | 我认真的 |
[08:14] | What? | 谁啊 |
[08:16] | What? | 什么事 |
[08:25] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[08:27] | Uh, yeah. Yeah, sure. Come in. | 当然 进来吧 |
[08:29] | Okay. Jesus wants to do his senior project alone, | 黑素斯想独立完成他的毕业设计 |
[08:33] | but I need you to say that you won’t help | 但我需要你向我保证你不会帮忙 |
[08:34] | unless it’s both our projects, | 除非那是我们的共同课题 |
[08:36] | because you can’t choose sides. | 因为你不能偏心 |
[08:38] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:43] | So, you know I’m on the school paper, right? | 你知道我在校刊工作吧 |
[08:45] | I know you fold the copies and stack them in the hallway. | 我知道你把校刊叠起来 堆在走廊上 |
[08:48] | It’s an entry-level position, | 那是个初级职位 |
[08:49] | but I will be writing someday. | 但总有一天我会写文章的 |
[08:51] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:53] | So, I probably shouldn’t be showing you this. | 所以 我可能不该给你看这个 |
[08:56] | But I took a screenshot of an opinion piece | 但我截屏了一篇评论文章 |
[08:58] | that they’re publishing in tomorrow’s paper. | 他们准备在明天发表 |
[09:07] | What did you need? | 有什么事吗 |
[09:08] | I thought we agreed we weren’t going to assign blame | 我以为我们已经达成一致 |
[09:10] | for what happened at the protest. | 不再追究那天的学生抗议 |
[09:12] | Oh. Yeah, we did agree, | 是的 我们确实达成一致了 |
[09:14] | but that article doesn’t quote me or anyone on the board | 但这文章并未提到我或者家长委员会 |
[09:16] | or administration, so it’s just… | 和管理层的任何人 这只是… |
[09:19] | one kid’s opinion. | 一个学生的主张 |
[09:20] | An opinion that blames the students, when, in fact, | 他的主张是归罪于学生 而事实上 |
[09:22] | Mr. Stratos put his hands on my daughter first. | 是斯超诺斯先生先对我女儿动手 |
[09:25] | And your son shoved him. | 然后你儿子推了他 |
[09:26] | And the guards you hired pepper-sprayed him. | 然后你手下的警卫朝我儿子使了胡椒喷雾剂 |
[09:28] | He’s lucky I didn’t suspend him. | 他没有被停学就算走运的了 |
[09:29] | And you’re lucky I don’t sue you… | 你也该庆幸 我没有告你… |
[09:31] | and the school. | 和这个学校 |
[09:36] | Look. | 听着 |
[09:37] | This article is only gonna rile everybody up again. | 这文章只会再次激怒大家 |
[09:40] | Not everybody. There was a lot of kids | 不会激怒每一个人 有很多学生 |
[09:41] | who weren’t at the protest and aren’t happy about what happened. | 并未参与抗议 也对发生的事感到不满 |
[09:45] | You’re not suggesting that I censor them, are you? | 你不想让我审查他们 不是吗 |
[09:50] | I’m really glad you reached out, Callie. | 很高兴你联系我们 凯丽 |
[09:52] | Thank you, again, for meeting me. | 再次谢谢你和我见面 |
[09:54] | This is all, like, really amazing. | 这里真的很棒 |
[09:56] | Well, I hope you’ll consider our program, | 我希望你能考虑加入我们的项目 |
[09:58] | but applications are due soon. | 但申请截止日期快到了 |
[10:00] | Uh, what criteria are they looking for? | 申请的条件是什么 |
[10:03] | Grades and SAT scores, of course. | 当然有GPA和SAT考试成绩要求 |
[10:05] | But they’re interested in the whole student, | 但他们更看重学生的整体素质 |
[10:06] | so your essay is important | 所以你的论文很重要 |
[10:07] | and, of course, your portfolio. | 当然还有你的作品选集 |
[10:12] | Portfolio? Like– like, what? | 作品选集 比如什么 |
[10:13] | – Your body of work. – I don’t really have a body of work. | -你创作的作品 -其实我没有什么作品 |
[10:17] | Um, I have some photographs, | 我有一些摄影作品 |
[10:20] | but my senior project is pretty much it. | 但我的毕业设计基本就是全部了 |
[10:23] | I’m surprised to hear that, | 我很惊讶你这么说 |
[10:24] | given the sophistication of that piece. | 因为你的作品看起来水平颇高 |
[10:27] | So, how many pieces would I need in my portfolio? | 那我的作品选集要求多少数量呢 |
[10:30] | At least twenty really good ones. | 至少二十件佳作 |
[10:36] | Look. You know, there’s always next year. | 这样吧 明年还有机会 |
[10:39] | I can’t wait until next year. I need this now. | 我不能等到明年 今年就得入学 |
[10:44] | Could you, maybe… | 你能 也许… |
[10:47] | Do you think you could help me build it for this year? | 你能帮我今年准备好作品集入学吗 |
[10:57] | So, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[11:02] | Oh, I have to have a portfolio. | 我必须有一个作品选集 |
[11:05] | What does– what does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[11:08] | Just art school’s not an option, | 意思是我上不了艺术学院 |
[11:11] | at least not this year. | 至少今年不行 |
[11:15] | It’s okay though. I– | 但没关系 我… |
[11:16] | I could go to community college for a year | 我可以去读一年社区大学 |
[11:19] | and maybe apply after that. | 然后再申请艺术学院 |
[11:24] | Maybe I should just do something else. | 也许我应该做点别的 |
[11:26] | I don’t even know if I’m an artist. | 我甚至不知道自己是不是艺术家的料 |
[11:40] | So, Mariana just told me that this tree house project | 玛丽安娜刚才告诉我这个树屋项目 |
[11:44] | was approved for her and not Jesus, | 被批准由她完成 而不是黑素斯 |
[11:46] | because he might not be a senior next year? | 因为黑素斯明年可能不能上高三 |
[11:48] | Well, we don’t– we don’t know that for sure. | 我们也不确定 |
[11:50] | But he has no idea, right? | 但他不知道这事 对吗 |
[11:52] | You know, there are a lot of unknowns with someone who has a TBI. | 脑损伤的不确定因素太多 |
[11:55] | We just don’t want to frighten Jesus with all the what-ifs. | 我们只是不想让任何不确定的事吓到黑素斯 |
[11:57] | Yeah, no, I– I get it, | 对 我理解 |
[11:59] | but keeping things from | 但把事瞒着他 |
[12:00] | him blew up in a pretty big way, you know? | 结果可能闹得更严重 不是吗 |
[12:04] | Listen, Gabe, we really do appreciate | 听我说 加布 我们真的很感激 |
[12:06] | your helping the kids out with this project, | 你给孩子们的毕设帮忙 |
[12:08] | but as far as what we tell Jesus | 但至于该对黑素斯说些什么 |
[12:11] | about his situation, that’s our call, Lena’s and mine. | 由我们说了算 莉娜和我 |
[12:16] | Right. Okay, I got it. I’m… sorry. | 好吧 我懂了 抱歉 |
[12:19] | No, it’s all good. It’s all good. | 没关系 没关系 |
[12:24] | We’re in a drought, you know. | 久旱无雨了 你知道吗 |
[12:25] | I’m allowed to water twice a week! | 我有权一周洒两次水 |
[12:28] | Ass. | 混蛋 |
[12:29] | I’m sorry. What? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[12:30] | No, no. Not you! That– that guy. | 不不 不是说你 我在骂那个人 |
[12:31] | I’m Dean Bayfield, Your new neighbor. | 我是迪恩·贝菲尔德 你的新邻居 |
[12:34] | Oh! Oh, my– hi. | 我… 你好 |
[12:36] | I’m so sorry. I’m– I’m Stefanie Adams Foster. | 很抱歉 我是史戴菲·亚当斯·福斯特 |
[12:39] | Nice to meet you. Sorry we haven’t | 很高兴见到你 很抱歉 |
[12:41] | welcomed you to the neighborhood. It’s just been– | 你搬来后我们还未去拜访你 最近… |
[12:43] | No, no. No problem. We’re up to our necks in boxes. | 不 没关系 我们一直忙着整理行李 |
[12:45] | Oh, yeah. I hear ya. | 对 我听说了 |
[12:48] | I just wanted to talk to you about your fence. | 我只是想跟你谈谈栅栏的事 |
[12:50] | It’s leaning on to our property. | 栅栏倒在我家院子里了 |
[12:53] | – Is it? – Yeah, it looks like the post is rotting. | -是吗 -看着好像木桩腐烂了 |
[12:55] | They probably should have put in concrete. | 它们可能需要浇点混凝土 |
[12:58] | Do you mind if I fix it? | 你介意我来修吗 |
[13:01] | Yeah. Uh, well. I mean, how much is it gonna cost? ‘Cause– | 当然 我想问需要花多少钱 因为… |
[13:04] | Oh, oh. Nothing. I’ll– I’ll do it myself. | 没什么的 我来搞定 |
[13:06] | I just didn’t want to do it without your permission. | 我只是想先征求你的意见 |
[13:09] | Uh, yeah. That would be very… great. | 好 那真是…太棒了 |
[13:12] | I appreciate– we would– that would be great. | 我很感激 我们会… 这真的很棒 |
[13:14] | – Thanks. – Sure thing. | -谢谢 -没关系 |
[13:15] | It’s nice to meet you. And once we get settled, | 很高兴见到你 等我们安顿好 |
[13:17] | – we’d love to have you over. – That would be great. | -就请你们到家里来 -那真是太好了 |
[13:19] | – Us too. Have you over. – Okay. | -我们也会请你们来访 -好的 |
[13:21] | Have a good one. | 再见 |
[13:23] | This is so unfair. Why can’t we tell our side of the story? | 太不公平了 为什么我们不能发表意见 |
[13:26] | Because your side could get you suspended? | 因为你们的意见会让你停课 |
[13:28] | – We have to fight back. – Honey, we are fighting. | -我们得抗争 -宝贝 我们在抗争 |
[13:30] | We’re making our case to the Department of Education | 我们向教育部提议 |
[13:31] | that Monty was still the | 让蒙绨继续 |
[13:32] | principal and that Drew’s vote doesn’t count. | 担任校长 作废德鲁的投票 |
[13:34] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[13:36] | I need you guys to try to stay calm | 我需要你们冷静下来 |
[13:37] | and not agitate the situation. | 不要激化现在的情况 |
[13:39] | Okay. Get to class. | 好了 去上课吧 |
[13:43] | This sucks. | 烂透了 |
[13:45] | When do they send the paper to the printer? | 他们什么时候把文件发送到打印机 |
[13:47] | They already did. | 他们已经发了 |
[13:51] | What if they caught an error and sent a new file? | 假如他们发现错误 再发封新文件呢 |
[13:56] | Hey, Callie. | 凯丽 你好 |
[13:57] | I need you to make arrangements to pick up your senior project. | 我需要你安排时间去取一下你的毕业设计 |
[14:00] | We don’t have room to store it. | 我们没有地方放了 |
[14:02] | – Uh, you can just toss it. – Are you sure? | -你可以扔掉 -你确定吗 |
[14:05] | Yeah, I don’t really have anywhere to keep it either. | 是 我也没有地方放 |
[14:07] | So really, it’s fine. | 真的 没事的 |
[14:12] | – So, how was your day? – It was good! | -怎么样 -好极了 |
[14:13] | You know, I actually met our new neighbors. | 我见了我们的新邻居 |
[14:15] | The husband, anyway. His name is Dean. | 他家的丈夫 总之 他的名字叫迪恩 |
[14:17] | And guess what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[14:19] | He offered to fix our fence and pay for it. | 他愿意帮我们花钱修栅栏 |
[14:22] | – Can you believe that? – Wow. What’s he do for a living? | -你敢相信吗 -他做什么工作的 |
[14:24] | Um, I don’t–I don’t– I don’t know. I didn’t ask. | 我不 我不 我不知道 我没问 |
[14:28] | – Did you get his wife’s name? – Uh, no. | -你问他妻子的名字了吗 -没有 |
[14:31] | Do they have children? | 他们有孩子吗 |
[14:32] | Oh, my gosh. I didn’t interrogate him. I just said hi. | 天呐 我没有审问他 只打了个招呼 |
[14:34] | You know, for a detective, it’s surprising how little information | 对于个警探来说 很惊讶你从普通人那里 |
[14:37] | – you get out of normal people. -Ha, ha. That’s so funny. | -只拿到这么点信息 -呵呵 很好笑 |
[14:39] | No, I’m actually excited that | 不是的 我真的很激动 |
[14:41] | we might have neighbors we can be friends with. | 我们可能有可以成为朋友的邻居了 |
[14:51] | I wonder how friendly they’re gonna be about the power saw. | 我好奇他们对那个电锯会有友好 |
[14:54] | Do we have any idea how long it’s gonna take to build this thing? | 他们知道要多久才能建好树屋吗 |
[14:56] | Well, hopefully not long, then Gabe can be on his way. | 希望别太久 然后加布就可以走了 |
[15:00] | Something happen? | 发生了什么事吗 |
[15:03] | Just a little unsolicited parenting advice. | 只是一点不请自来的育儿建议 |
[15:06] | Oh, well, you’re the one who said it takes a village. | 你自己还说养孩子要举全村之力呢 |
[15:08] | A statement I may live to regret. | 一个我后悔发表的意见 |
[15:10] | Speaking of, did you talk to Robert? | 说到这个 你和罗伯特谈过了吗 |
[15:12] | How did Callie’s meeting go? | 凯丽的会面怎么样 |
[15:15] | Not well. | 不太好 |
[15:18] | Um, okay… So, uh… | 好吧 所以 |
[15:20] | Helen just called me– the art professor– | 海伦打电话给我了 那个艺术系的教授 |
[15:23] | she changed her mind. She’s gonna let me audit her classes | 她改主意了 她想让我旁听她的课 |
[15:26] | and help me put my portfolio together, | 还要帮我做作品集 |
[15:27] | so I can apply for college this year! | 这样我今年就可以申请大学了 |
[15:33] | That’s amazing! | 太棒了 |
[15:43] | Hey. | 你好 |
[15:45] | Hey. You lose something? | 你好 你丢了什么吗 |
[15:48] | Um… no. | 没有 |
[15:50] | I have to bring an object that defines me | 我要为明天的静物画 |
[15:53] | tomorrow for a still life. | 准备个能代表我的东西 |
[15:56] | This is so amazing. I mean, | 太棒了 我的意思是 |
[15:57] | you know it’s one of the best art schools in the country. | 那是全国最棒的艺术院校之一 |
[16:01] | I know. What are you doing? | 我知道 你在做什么 |
[16:04] | I am, uh… | 我在 |
[16:06] | applying for a job. | 申请工作 |
[16:07] | Do you think I’ll be better | 你觉得我更适合 |
[16:08] | at flipping burgers or scooping ice cream? | 去翻汉堡还是挖冰激凌 |
[16:11] | That’s a hard call. You’d be so bad at both. | 很难说 你哪个都做不好 |
[16:15] | Yup. | 你说的没错 |
[16:19] | How’s that going? | 你们发展的怎么样了 |
[16:21] | Uh… it’s not. | 不怎么样 |
[16:24] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[16:26] | Well, Grace is in college, and I’m | 格蕾丝在上大学 而我 |
[16:28] | a high school senior not going to college next year. | 还在上高三 明天也上不了大学 |
[16:32] | I’m not exactly boyfriend material. | 我实在不是男朋友的好人选 |
[16:33] | No, you– you can apply again, right? | 不 你 你可以再申请的 对吗 |
[16:36] | Well, after a year, but I mean, | 得再过一年 但我觉得 |
[16:37] | I don’t think I’m gonna get into Juilliard twice. | 我不太可能进朱利亚两次 |
[16:42] | Brandon, you are so talented. | 布兰登 你这么有才华 |
[16:45] | Okay? You– you’re gonna get into | 好吗 你 你一定会进 |
[16:48] | a really great music school. | 一所非常棒的音乐学院 |
[16:52] | Don’t feel bad for me. | 不用可怜我 |
[16:53] | Okay? And please feel good for yourself. | 好吗 而且你真该多关心点你自己 |
[16:57] | And you absolutely deserve this. | 这次的机会是你应得的 |
[17:00] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:06] | Maybe this could be my still life. | 也许这个可以成为我的静物画 |
[17:09] | I’m “Salty,” Right? | 我很苦涩 对吗 |
[17:16] | I’m sorry! It takes me an hour to dry my hair. | 抱歉 我的头发要吹一个小时才能干 |
[17:20] | Not that you would know, with your perfect air dry curls. | 你才不会知道 你的头发风干也很好看 |
[17:22] | I used to blow my hair straight too, | 我以前也把头发吹直的 |
[17:23] | Mariana. It’s called time management. | 玛丽安娜 问题在于时间管理 |
[17:25] | Hi! | 你好 |
[17:26] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[17:28] | Good morning. You’re our new neighbors. | 早上好 你是我们的新邻居 |
[17:30] | Hi, I’m Theresa and this is my son, Logan. | 你好 我是特里萨 这是我儿子洛根 |
[17:33] | Hi. Lena. This is my daughter, Mariana. | 你好 我是莉娜 这是我女儿玛丽安娜 |
[17:35] | – Hi. – Hi. I love your car. | -你好 -你好 我喜欢你的车 |
[17:38] | It’s so… | 这车太 |
[17:39] | Back To The Future. | 像《回到未来》 |
[17:41] | Sorry we haven’t been over sooner to introduce ourselves. | 不好意思 我们还没过去打招呼 |
[17:43] | We just– we have five teenagers. | 我们家里有五个青少年 |
[17:44] | Oh, God. Bless you. | 天呐 祝你好运 |
[17:45] | We just have the one. | 这一个就够我们忙了 |
[17:47] | – So, are you new to San Diego? – No. | -你们是刚来圣地亚哥吗 -不是 |
[17:49] | I grew up here, but I did my | 我在这里长大 但是我在 |
[17:50] | residency at Johns Hopkins | 约翰霍普金斯完成了住院医生实习 |
[17:51] | where I met my husband, and then I just stayed. | 在那遇见了我丈夫 就留在了那边 |
[17:54] | – So what brings you back? -The weather, mainly. | -那怎么搬回来了 -主要是因为天气 |
[17:57] | And I miss the beach. | 而且我想念这里的沙滩 |
[17:58] | – So, obviously you’re a doctor. – Yeah. An orthopedic surgeon. | -你是医生 -是 整形外科医生 |
[18:01] | – Where are you going to school? – I’m not sure yet. Uh… | -你在哪上学 -我还不确定 |
[18:05] | Somewhere with a good football team, though. | 有好橄榄球队的学校吧 |
[18:07] | – You play football? – Yeah. | -你打橄榄球吗 -是的 |
[18:09] | We’re on our way to tour a charter now. | 我们正要去看社区委办学校 |
[18:12] | Not Anchor Beach Charter? | 不是锚滩社区委办学校吗 |
[18:13] | Oh, no. No. We didn’t hear good things. | 不不 我们听到了些不好的传闻 |
[18:15] | Yeah, that’s the school that a kid brought a gun to, right? | 那个学校 有学生带了枪进去 对吗 |
[18:18] | Yeah. I’m sure you guys heard about that. | 是的 我想你们也听说过这件事 |
[18:20] | It’s so scary. | 太吓人了 |
[18:21] | Where do your kids go? | 你家孩子在哪上学 |
[18:24] | Anchor Beach Charter. | 锚滩社区委办学校 |
[18:28] | Oh, m– I am so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[18:30] | You know, I’m sure it’s great. | 我相信那个学校一定很好 |
[18:33] | And… | 而且 |
[18:34] | you know, honestly, we’re probably not gonna go with a charter. | 说实话 我们可能不去上社区委办学校 |
[18:38] | We’re more private school people. | 我们更倾向于上私立学校 |
[18:41] | Well, you might like Anchor Beach academy then. | 那你也许喜欢锚滩私立中学 |
[18:52] | Hey, listen. Before you go, | 听我说 在你去之前 |
[18:53] | I have something in the trunk for you. | 我给你准备了东西放在后备箱 |
[19:03] | The guy at the art store, he said it’s a good, basic case | 艺术商店的那个人说这是很好很基础的 |
[19:05] | with all the essentials. | 包括所有必备用品的艺术用品箱 |
[19:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:13] | All right. | 好了 |
[19:14] | Have a great class. | 好好上课 |
[19:16] | I’ll be here when you’re done. | 你下课我来接你 |
[19:28] | – Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[19:29] | Uh, are you busy right now? | 你现在忙吗 |
[19:31] | I have a job interview in a little while. Why? What’s up? | 待会儿有个面试 怎么了 有事吗 |
[19:34] | Well, I’m in a situation, and I could really use your help. | 我遇上点麻烦 需要你的帮忙 |
[19:38] | – Right now? – Yeah. Like, right now. | -现在吗 -没错 马上 |
[19:40] | It’s kind of an emergency. | 情况紧急 |
[19:46] | Have you seen this? | 你见过这个了吗 |
[19:48] | Yes. The Anchor Beach Sea Breeze is where I get all my news. | 见过 《锚滩海风》是我读的唯一新闻 |
[19:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:54] | “Not the fake news: | “非虚假报道 |
[19:56] | “What really happened the night of the protest | “抗议当晚到底发生了什么 |
[19:58] | “And why we should fight to keep our school public.” | “以及为什么要为学校公立抗争到底” |
[20:01] | Someone hacked into the school email server, | 有人黑进了学校邮箱 |
[20:03] | sent a “Revised” File to the printer | 把篡改后的文档发给打印机 |
[20:04] | that included this unauthorized article. | 其中就包括这篇虚假新闻 |
[20:07] | Okay. Well, I’m not sure what you want me to do about it. | 我不明白你是要我怎么办呢 |
[20:12] | – Are your kids behind this? – Not that I know of. | -是你家孩子干的吗 -没这回事 |
[20:14] | Because if they are, that’s grounds for expulsion. | 如果是他们干的 马上开除 |
[20:19] | I mean, talk about working the students up. | 这才叫恶意煽动同学 |
[20:22] | Well, the article doesn’t appear to quote you | 这篇新闻并没有提到你 |
[20:25] | or anyone on the board or administration. | 或者家长委员会和管理层的任何人 |
[20:28] | It’s just one kid’s opinion, right? | 一个学生的主张 对吧 |
[20:38] | Callie, this is Ximena. | 凯丽 这是西门娜 |
[20:40] | Ximena won the Scholastic Art Awards | 西门娜的艺术混合作品 |
[20:42] | gold medal for mixed media last year. | 获得了去年的艺术创作奖金牌 |
[20:44] | – Wow! Congratulations. – Thanks. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[20:46] | She’s agreed to let you shadow her. | 她已经同意让你跟着她学 |
[20:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:50] | So, did you bring an object that you feel defines you? | 你带来能代表你的东西了吗 |
[20:53] | Yeah, I think so. | 带了 |
[20:55] | Okay. Then I’ll leave you ladies to it. | 好 那我先走了 你俩慢慢聊 |
[21:01] | Thank you so much for– for doing this. | 非常感谢你愿意…这么做 |
[21:03] | Yeah, of course. | 举手之劳 |
[21:04] | Is that a new art set? | 这套工具是新的吗 |
[21:07] | Yeah. It’s, um– it was a gift. | 是 这是收到的礼物 |
[21:11] | Nice. | 真好 |
[21:12] | So, why don’t you get set right here. | 那你快来把工具准备好吧 |
[21:19] | Are those yours? | 这是你的吗 |
[21:21] | Yeah. I’m on a derby team. | 我加入了轮滑队 |
[21:23] | “X-terminate Her.” | “她的X终端” |
[21:25] | – Is that your derby name? – Yeah. | -你的轮滑名字吗 -没错 |
[21:27] | – That’s so cool. – Thanks. | -好酷啊 -谢谢 |
[21:30] | So, what did you bring to sketch? | 你带了什么来画 |
[21:36] | I think I’m gonna just sketch my new art set. | 我就画我的新工具吧 |
[21:48] | – Here. – No, I got it. I got it. Yeah. | -给 -不用 我自己来 |
[22:08] | Come in. | 进来 |
[22:12] | Grace? You okay? | 格蕾丝 你还好吗 |
[22:23] | Grace, what happened? Are you okay? | 格蕾丝 出什么事了 你还好吗 |
[22:26] | Are you hurt? | 你被人欺负了吗 |
[22:27] | No, I’m– i’m fine. No one hurt me. | 没有 我很好 没人欺负我 |
[22:29] | Here. Why are you handcuffed to the bed? | 那你怎么被拷在床上 |
[22:34] | You know how I’m trying to do one thing a day that scares me? | 你知道我每天都想做点刺激的事 |
[22:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:38] | Yeah, so I decided to… | 所以我决定… |
[22:40] | hook up, like, a booty-call thing with my ex | 打电话给我的前任 说些肉麻的话 |
[22:43] | and, you know, try something kinky, | 玩些尺度大的 |
[22:45] | but we ended up getting into a fight– | 但我们最后产生争执… |
[22:47] | an argument, not a physical thing– | 意见不合 不是因为性生活不和 |
[22:50] | and he just tossed the keys and left me like this. | 他直接把钥匙丢了走了 |
[22:53] | What a dick. | 真混蛋 |
[22:55] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:57] | So, can you unlock me, please? | 你可以帮我解开吗 |
[22:59] | Uh, yeah. Uh, where are the keys? | 可以 钥匙在哪 |
[23:01] | Oh, uh, right there. | 在这 |
[23:11] | – Sorry. Are you okay? – Yeah, yeah, yeah. I’m good. | -你还好吗 -还好 还好 我没事 |
[23:13] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -没事 -好了 |
[23:17] | Well, um… | 那么… |
[23:20] | I think I can probably still make to my interview if I… | 我应该还能赶上面试 如果… |
[23:22] | – Yes, you should go. – If I go right now. | -没错 你该走了 -如果我现在走 |
[23:23] | – Yes, go, please. – I’ll talk to you later? | -请吧 -下次聊吗 |
[23:27] | Okay. Here you go. | 给你 |
[23:28] | All right. | 好了 |
[23:30] | – Bye. – Buh-bye. | -拜拜 -拜拜 |
[23:41] | How’s it going? | 怎么样 |
[23:44] | Yeah, good. I’m just, you know, getting some ideas. | 不错 我有了些灵感 |
[23:47] | Can I ask… | 冒昧问一句… |
[23:49] | why you chose art supplies as, | 你为什么选择美术工具 |
[23:52] | you know, the thing that defines you? | 作为你能代表你的东西 |
[23:56] | I guess, you know, just because, | 我想大概是因为… |
[23:59] | you know, I want to be an artist. | 我想当一名艺术家 |
[24:01] | Aren’t you already an artist? | 你不已经是艺术家了吗 |
[24:03] | No, I’m really still just a beginner. | 不 我才刚刚起步 |
[24:06] | Look, i’ve never heard of Helen | 我从没听说过海伦 |
[24:09] | ever allowing anyone to audit a class of hers, | 让任何人来旁听她的课 |
[24:12] | especially a high school senior. | 尤其是一个高中毕业生 |
[24:14] | I mean, I figured she made an exception | 她能破这个例一定是因为 |
[24:16] | because she was impressed with you. | 觉得你很厉害 |
[24:18] | As in, like, already an artist, | 意味着你已经是艺术家了 |
[24:20] | not a wannabe one. | 绝不只是菜鸟 |
[24:22] | Otherwise, I mean, why would you be here, right? | 不然你怎么会在这呢 对吧 |
[24:34] | Yeah, so it’s an oak tree, which is cool. | 这是棵橡树 非常赞 |
[24:36] | And it’s 25 feet tall. It’s big, man. | 近八米高 树干很粗 |
[24:38] | And the trunk’s like five feet all the way around. | 一圈有1.5米长 |
[24:40] | It’s for a Foster family that has like twelve kids, | 简直是为小孩很多 还有特殊需求的 |
[24:42] | some of them are special needs, so. | 福斯特家庭准备的 |
[24:45] | Yeah, it’s perfect. | 的确完美 |
[24:47] | We can– we can start building the base. | 我们可以…开始打地基 |
[24:50] | Mariana came through, huh? | 玛丽安娜同意了是吧 |
[24:52] | Well, yeah, but I mean, | 是啊 但是 |
[24:54] | she’s not really gonna work with me on it anymore. | 她不会再和我合作了 |
[24:58] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[24:59] | I mean, I want to do something by myself. | 我想自己干 |
[25:02] | Since I got this TBI, | 我脑损伤以后 |
[25:04] | people treat me like I-I-I’m special needs. | 人们总给我特殊对待 |
[25:07] | Plus, you know Mariana. | 还有 你也知道玛丽安娜 |
[25:08] | She’s just gonna take control of the whole thing | 她就喜欢什么都管 |
[25:10] | and make it all about her. | 好像世界以她为中心 |
[25:11] | I don’t think that’s true, Jesus. | 不是这么回事儿 黑素斯 |
[25:13] | Well, I don’t think you really know her, Gabe. | 我觉得你不了解她 加布 |
[25:17] | That’s… I mean, I don’t… | 我确实 不是… |
[25:21] | know her very well, | 很懂她 |
[25:23] | but, you know… | 但是 你要知道… |
[25:26] | she talked to me. | 她跟我说过 |
[25:27] | She talked to you. Yeah, of course she talked to you. | 她找了你 当然如此 |
[25:29] | She’s– she’s trying to get you on her side. | 她想…把你拉入她的阵营 |
[25:35] | You can’t do the senior project without her. | 你做毕业设计不能没有她 |
[25:37] | Wait, okay. So you are gonna take her side? | 好 你还真打算站她那边啊 |
[25:40] | The school won’t let you. | 学校不会答应的 |
[25:41] | Why? Because it’s too expensive? She told me the same thing. | 为什么 因为太贵了吗 她也跟我说过 |
[25:43] | – She’s probably just making it up. – Oh, no. | -可能都是她瞎编的 -不 |
[25:46] | – That’s not why. – Then why? | -不是这个原因 -那是为什么 |
[25:49] | – Talk to your moms. – All they do is lie to me | -跟你们妈妈聊聊 -妈妈们只会撒谎 |
[25:52] | and keep secrets. They’re not gonna tell me. | 或者故作神秘 她们不会告诉我的 |
[25:56] | So, what is it? | 到底怎么回事 |
[26:00] | Hey, Lena. | 莉娜 |
[26:02] | So, I thought about what you said. I think you’re right. | 我想了想你说过的话 你说得对 |
[26:05] | We don’t need to be riling the kids up with the school paper, | 我们完全不必让孩子们看到报纸生气 |
[26:07] | so I decided to shut it down | 所以我决定停掉报纸 |
[26:08] | until the future of Anchor Beach has been decided. | 直到我们定下锚滩的蓝图 |
[26:11] | Why don’t we just suspend the Op-ed section? | 我们干嘛不只是撤掉那个专栏 |
[26:13] | Whoever hacked our email could strike again, | 黑进邮箱的人还可以卷土重来 |
[26:15] | and there really should be consequences for that. | 这样的行为必须付出代价 |
[26:18] | Oh, also, um… | 还有… |
[26:20] | until I know what’s happening next year, | 我在确认下一年具体情况之前 |
[26:22] | I’m no longer funding any juniors doing senior projects. | 我不会再资助做毕业设计的高中生了 |
[26:26] | I’ll see you. | 再见 |
[26:30] | – Yeah, that’s great. – Thanks. | -太棒了 -谢谢 |
[26:33] | Hey, Callie. What’s up? | 凯丽 怎么了 |
[26:37] | Did my father, Robert Quinn– | 我爸 罗伯特·奎因… |
[26:39] | did he have anything to do | 是不是他做了什么 |
[26:42] | with you changing your mind about helping me? | 让你改变主意帮我了 |
[26:45] | I did speak to your father. | 我是跟你父亲谈了谈 |
[26:48] | So, what? He just– | 然后呢 他… |
[26:49] | he wrote a big check to the school, | 给学校捐了一大笔钱 |
[26:51] | so that you’d let me audit your class? | 你就让我来你的课上旁听了 |
[26:54] | Where do you want us to spray fixative? | 我们在哪喷固定剂 |
[26:56] | You can go to the spray booth. Or outside. | 去喷漆室或者室外吧 |
[27:07] | Hey, Ximena. | 西门娜 |
[27:10] | Can I get a ride? | 能载我一程吗 |
[27:11] | Where? | 去哪 |
[27:13] | Anywhere. | 随便 |
[27:15] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[27:19] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[27:21] | Jesus, wait! Okay… | 黑素斯 等等 |
[27:24] | I’m not gonna be a senior next year? | 我明年不能进毕业班 |
[27:29] | We don’t know that, Jesus. | 还说不准呢 黑素斯 |
[27:30] | Look, I’m sorry. I just couldn’t lie to him. | 抱歉 我不能骗他 |
[27:32] | No one asked you to lie. | 没说让你骗他 |
[27:33] | I asked you not to get involved. | 我只是让你别掺和 |
[27:35] | No, I’m glad that he did! | 幸好他跟我说了 |
[27:37] | At least someone around here is telling me the truth now! | 至少我周围还有人说实话 |
[27:39] | – Hey! Listen to me… – What’s going on? | -听我说 -怎么了 |
[27:40] | I know the senior project is yours and not mine, | 毕设归你了 我没戏了 |
[27:43] | which I’m sure that you love. | 你肯定高兴死了 |
[27:44] | – Jesus, I need you to calm down. – No, I am not gonna calm down! | -黑素斯 冷静点 -我才不要 |
[27:47] | Then you can go to your room | 那你给我回房去 |
[27:49] | until you are willing to listen to me. | 什么时候愿意听我说话了再出来 |
[27:53] | Now! | 快去 |
[27:56] | You too, Mariana. I need to speak with Gabe, please. | 你也是 玛丽安娜 我要跟加布谈谈 |
[27:59] | What? No. I’m not going up there. | 什么 我才不去 |
[28:00] | – Mariana, please! – After what he did to Brandon’s room? | -玛丽安娜快点 -他把布兰登的房间砸了 |
[28:02] | What if he takes a baseball bat to my head? | 他要是用棒球棍打我的头怎么办 |
[28:07] | Hi, Emma. | 艾玛 |
[28:10] | Is this a bad time? | 我来得不是时候吗 |
[28:12] | No, it’s okay. Jesus is up in his room. | 没事 黑素斯在他房间 |
[28:15] | I’m sure he would like to see you about now. | 他现在肯定很想见你 |
[28:23] | If you cannot respect our authority as the twins’ parents, | 如果你不把我们当成双胞胎的父母 |
[28:26] | I am going to have to ask you to leave. | 那就请你离开吧 |
[29:21] | So, I just need to change and can give you a ride home. | 我去换件衣服 然后送你回家 |
[29:24] | Oh, it’s okay. My brother’s coming to get me, so. Okay. | 没事 我哥马上就来接我了 |
[29:29] | You’re awesome. | 你太厉害了 |
[29:30] | How did you get into roller derby? | 你怎么会参加旱冰比赛 |
[29:33] | Well, I was an angry 14-year-old with a lot of hormonal rage. | 当时我十四岁 年少气盛 |
[29:38] | I needed a safe place | 需要一个安全的地方 |
[29:39] | to knock the crap out of people and not get arrested, | 可以揍人发泄又不会被抓 |
[29:42] | so I joined the junior team. | 所以就加入了青年队 |
[29:45] | – Your parents were cool with that? – No way. | -你父母不反对吗 -当然反对 |
[29:47] | See, girls aren’t supposed to be aggressive. | 女孩子不应该这么暴力 |
[29:50] | We’re taught to keep it all inside. | 我们受到的教育都是要婉约内敛 |
[29:52] | But in derby, I get to unleash my beast. | 但我可以在旱冰比赛中变成小野猫 |
[29:56] | Be fearless. | 勇敢无畏 |
[29:58] | Must be nice to have somewhere to let go. | 能发泄一下肯定很舒服吧 |
[30:02] | You don’t need permission. | 你不需要父母同意的 |
[30:05] | I just– I with I had somewhere to unleash my beast. | 我也想找个地方变成小野猫 |
[30:08] | You do. | 你有啊 |
[30:10] | Your art. | 你的画 |
[30:11] | See, you can put all that chaos on a canvas. | 你可以把所有的怨气都画下来 |
[30:14] | No offense, but do you really think | 别见怪 但你真觉得 |
[30:17] | a shiny new art set defines who you are? | 一套新画具就能定义你这个人 |
[30:20] | Or who you want to be? | 或者你的理想吗 |
[30:22] | No. | 不 |
[30:24] | Look. | 听着 |
[30:27] | If you try to be someone you’re not, you won’t be happy. | 戴上面具做人是不会开心的 |
[30:30] | And as an artist, | 而作为艺术家 |
[30:32] | you won’t have anything to say. | 这样肯定毫无建树 |
[30:45] | Um, how’d your job interview go? | 你的工作面试怎么样 |
[30:47] | I was late, so I probably didn’t make a great first impression. | 我迟到了 所以第一印象应该不怎么样 |
[30:49] | Why were you late? | 怎么迟到了 |
[30:51] | Grace needed help with something. | 格蕾丝需要帮忙 |
[30:54] | Is she okay? | 她没事吧 |
[30:57] | It was– it was kind of weird, actually. | 其实还真有点怪 |
[30:58] | So, I showed up at her apartment, | 我去了她家 |
[31:00] | and she was handcuffed to the bed and couldn’t reach the keys. | 看到她被铐在床上 够不到钥匙 |
[31:04] | Apparently she was hooking up | 据她说是 |
[31:05] | with her… ex-boyfriend or something, | 又跟她前男友搞在一起 |
[31:08] | and I guess they got into a fight, | 后来吵架了 |
[31:09] | and he left her like that. | 他就把她丢下了 |
[31:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:14] | Pretty sure she was trying to have sex with you. | 她应该是想跟你做爱 |
[31:17] | What? No, no, no. | 什么 不不不 |
[31:19] | Yeah. She made a very bold move, | 就是 她放手一搏 |
[31:21] | and… obviously it backfired. | 结果事与愿违 |
[31:27] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[31:29] | Jesus is gonna be so disappointed. | 黑素斯肯定很失望 |
[31:31] | Well, the one silver lining is that Gabe can move on… | 不过幸好加布可以让自己的人生 |
[31:34] | and out. | 在别处继续了 |
[31:38] | – Can I come in? – Yes, please. | -我能进来吗 -请吧 |
[31:43] | Jesus, can you come down here, please? | 黑素斯 能下来一下吗 |
[31:46] | I just wanted to apologize. | 我只是想道个歉 |
[31:48] | I had no right telling Jesus. | 我无权告诉黑素斯这事 |
[31:54] | Hey, bud. Can you sit down for a minute, please? | 小子 能坐会吗 |
[31:56] | Can everybody sit down so we can talk? | 大家坐下谈谈吧 |
[32:00] | Um, I want to try to be a senior next year, | 我明年想上毕业班 |
[32:03] | even if that means I have to go to summer school. | 哪怕要去上暑期班也行 |
[32:05] | Honey, that’s– that’s really good to hear, | 宝贝 你能这么说真是太好了 |
[32:08] | um, but your senior project will have to wait until then. | 但你的毕设得等明年才能开始了 |
[32:12] | Wait, why? | 等等 为什么 |
[32:14] | Why? Because I got mad? What, are you punishing me? | 为什么 因为我发脾气你们要惩罚我 |
[32:16] | – No, buddy. – No. | -不 孩子 -不 |
[32:19] | Drew isn’t funding any senior projects for juniors. | 德鲁不再为低年级生资助做毕设了 |
[32:23] | What? | 什么 |
[32:25] | – You’re lying. – Jesus! | -你骗人 -黑素斯 |
[32:26] | Jesus! | 黑素斯 |
[32:28] | No, I’m not lying. | 不 我没骗人 |
[32:30] | He’s cutting a lot of things | 他取消了很多东西 |
[32:31] | until we know what’s happening with Anchor Beach. | 直到我们弄清锚滩到底何去何从 |
[32:34] | Okay, but can– can I do it anyway? | 好吧 但我能继续自己做吗 |
[32:38] | Honey, we just don’t have the money for that. | 宝贝 我们实在没钱资助它 |
[32:42] | Well, what if– | 要是… |
[32:43] | What if, um… | 如果 |
[32:46] | There’s a lot of scrap wood | 我那废材很多 |
[32:48] | I can probably get my hands on out there. | 应该能给你弄来 |
[32:50] | And the other materials, | 至于其他材料 |
[32:51] | I could probably get Jesus’s uncle to donate. | 我应该能让黑素斯的叔叔资助一下 |
[32:55] | His birth uncle, you mean? | 他的亲叔叔吗 |
[32:57] | Right. Sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[32:59] | Please? | 拜托 |
[33:02] | Moms? | 妈妈们 |
[33:09] | Karen! Hey, um… | 凯伦 |
[33:11] | I decided I do want to keep my senior project. | 我还是想留下我的毕设 |
[33:14] | Oh, honey, I’m sorry. We took it to the dumpster already. | 亲爱的 抱歉 我们把它扔了 |
[33:19] | You know what? Maybe it’s still there. | 说不定还在那里 |
[33:20] | – Yeah. – Go on. | -好 -快去 |
[33:38] | Something must have happened in art class. | 在画室肯定发生了什么 |
[33:46] | Where you been, Cal? | 你去哪了 小凯 |
[33:49] | I was worried. | 我很担心你 |
[33:51] | I can’t be the girl with the rich dad | 我受不了有个富翁老爸 |
[33:53] | who writes a check to get her into art school. | 给学校捐款让我进艺术学院 |
[33:57] | I-I– | 我… |
[33:59] | I– | 我… |
[34:00] | I didn’t write a check. | 我没有开支票 |
[34:01] | I know that you went to Helen after I met with her. | 我知道在我见过海伦后你去找了她 |
[34:04] | Yes, to talk to her. | 是的 去找她谈 |
[34:05] | All right, but I didn’t– I didn’t give them any money. | 好的 但我没有 没给他们钱 |
[34:09] | All right, I just reminded her of your story, | 好吗 我只是给她讲了你的故事 |
[34:12] | of why you don’t have a portfolio, | 讲你为什么没有作品集 |
[34:14] | because you were never in one home | 因为你还没来得及展现你的潜力 |
[34:15] | or one home school long enough to recognize your potential. | 就从一个个家庭 学校转到了下一个 |
[34:20] | That you never got a chance. | 是因为你从得到过机会 |
[34:20] | That’s all I asked her to do, was just to give you a chance. | 这是我唯一的要求 求她给你一个机会 |
[34:23] | But only if she believed in you, which… | 但那要在她相信你的前提下 而且 |
[34:26] | obviously she does. | 显然她相信你 |
[34:30] | You don’t. | 是你不信 |
[34:34] | I know you all think that I’m “Unacceptable.” | 我知道你们都觉得我”不会被接受” |
[34:37] | Oh, wait, that– that’s not what we meant. | 等等 我们不是这个意思 |
[34:39] | That’s what you said. | 但这是你的原话 |
[34:41] | Now, I know that you’re really mad at me, | 我知道你在生我的气 |
[34:45] | but when you first met me | 但你第一次见我时 |
[34:46] | you told me that I wasn’t disposable, | 你说我不该被抛弃 |
[34:49] | and I’m really trying to believe that. | 我真的很想相信 |
[34:52] | I’m not mad at you. | 我没有生你的气 |
[34:54] | I’m scared for you. | 我是为你担心 |
[34:57] | I’m scared of losing you, Cal. | 我担心我会失去你 凯丽 |
[35:01] | I can’t just throw away | 我不能随意抹去 |
[35:02] | all that stuff that happened to me. | 发生在我身上的一切 |
[35:05] | Honey, we don’t want you to. | 亲爱的 我们也不希望你抹去它们 |
[35:09] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[35:24] | I saw them taking it to the dumpster. | 我看到他们把它丢去了垃圾箱 |
[35:29] | We don’t want you to throw away your past, Callie. | 我们不想让你抹去你的过去 凯丽 |
[35:32] | We just want you to stop repeating it. | 我们只是不想让你再重复它 |
[35:34] | We want you to be safe, Callie. | 我们希望你能安全 凯丽 |
[35:36] | You know, we want you to be 17. | 希望你成为个普通的17岁孩子 |
[35:39] | You don’t need to carry the weight | 你不需要再承担 |
[35:40] | of the world on your shoulders, love. | 你背负的一切了 亲爱的 |
[35:46] | We love you. | 我们爱你 |
[35:48] | We love you so much. | 我们好爱你 |
[35:50] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[35:59] | Hey, I thought you were coming over. What happened? | 你不是说要过来 怎么没来 |
[36:01] | I know, I just have so much packing to do | 我知道 只是有很多东西要收拾 |
[36:05] | before we leave tomorrow. | 因为明天就要走了 |
[36:07] | So, I’m not gonna see you before you go? | 那你走之前我们不能见面了吗 |
[36:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[36:13] | Well, I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[36:16] | I miss you, too. | 我也想你 |
[36:18] | I’ll call you when we get there. | 到了我再联系你 |
[36:21] | Okay. I love… …you. | 好 我爱…你 |
[36:37] | Did Mamas talk to you about the tree house? | 树屋的事妈妈们跟你说了吗 |
[36:40] | Uh, yeah. | 说了 |
[36:42] | Yeah, but Gabe | 说了 但加布 |
[36:43] | thinks that he can get all the materials donated, | 觉得他能募捐够需要的材料 |
[36:46] | and Emma told me about this Summer of Service grant. | 艾玛还说有个夏季服务奖学金 |
[36:49] | So, if I’m a senior next year, | 所以明年等我高三 |
[36:50] | Mom says that it could still, | 妈妈说还是可以 |
[36:52] | you know, work. | 继续的 |
[36:59] | Look, I get that you were just trying to help | 我知道你是好意 |
[37:02] | and that it’s only happening because of you, | 而且没有你这一切都不可能 |
[37:05] | and I’m gonna need a lot of help applying for the grant | 而且申请奖学金 还有其他很多 |
[37:08] | and– and other stuff. | 也需要很多帮助 |
[37:12] | So, | 所以 |
[37:18] | I’m gonna ask Emma to do it with me… | 我想问艾玛愿不愿意跟我合作 |
[37:26] | if that’s okay. | 如果你同意的话 |
[37:30] | Well, you already said | 你已经说了 |
[37:31] | that you didn’t want to do it with me… | 你不愿意和我一起做 |
[37:34] | so why are you asking? | 那还问我干什么 |
[37:38] | Just do what you want. | 随你便吧 |
[37:50] | So… I’m feeling pretty stupid. | 我觉得好尴尬 |
[37:53] | For what? | 为什么 |
[37:55] | I didn’t– I didn’t realize | 我之前 没有意识到 |
[37:56] | what was… going on before. | 到底是 怎么回事 |
[38:00] | What was going on? | 什么怎么回事 |
[38:01] | Well, you know– | 就是… |
[38:03] | I wasn’t trying to seduce you, | 我没有想诱惑你 |
[38:05] | if that’s what you think. | 如果你是这个意思 |
[38:07] | Oh. Yeah, okay. | 这样啊 好的 |
[38:14] | Okay, I was– yeah, I was. | 好吧 我就是 我就是有 |
[38:17] | I guess I shouldn’t have read Fifty Shades of Grey. | 也许我不该读《五十度灰》 |
[38:20] | – No, I’m an idiot. – No, no, no. I’m the idiot. I… | -不 是我傻 -不不不 我才傻 |
[38:24] | I don’t know, I thought that you were blowing me off, | 我以为你是想打发我 |
[38:27] | so that’s when I– | 所以我才… |
[38:29] | but then when you completely didn’t get it, | 结果你完全没反应 |
[38:30] | that’s when I made up that ex-boyfriend story. | 所以我才编了前男友的故事 |
[38:34] | I wasn’t trying to blow you off, really. | 我没有想打发你 真的 |
[38:37] | I just think if you knew certain things about me, | 我只是觉得也许知道了我的某些事迹 |
[38:39] | you wouldn’t want to date me. | 你就不想和我约会了 |
[38:42] | Sounds serious. What, did you kill someone? | 听着好严重 怎么 你杀过人 |
[38:47] | No, I, um– I… | 没有 我… |
[38:49] | – got into Juilliard. – Oh, my God. | -我进了朱利亚音乐学院 -天哪 |
[38:52] | Yeah, and then I lost my spot, | 是的 但又失去了名额 |
[38:54] | because I needed money, | 因为我需要钱 |
[38:56] | so I took the SATs for someone, | 所以我替别人代考了高考 |
[38:57] | which I knew was wrong. | 虽然我知道那样不对 |
[38:59] | Then I got caught, | 结果被抓了 |
[39:01] | so I’m an idiot. | 所以我才是个白痴 |
[39:04] | Yeah, you made a mistake. A huge mistake. | 是 你是犯了个错误 一个大错误 |
[39:07] | – Yeah, I know. – Like a huge mistake. | -我知道 -特别大的错误 |
[39:09] | Yeah. I-I know. | 我知道 |
[39:12] | Well, we all make mistakes. | 但是人就会犯错误 |
[39:14] | That doesn’t mean I don’t want to date you. | 这不代表我就不想和你约会 |
[39:17] | I mean, if you want to date me, which maybe you don’t? | 当然是你也愿意的前提下 但我感觉你不愿意 |
[39:21] | No, I– I do wanna date you. | 没有 我愿意 和你约会 |
[39:25] | I mean, I’m kind of glad | 当然 得知 |
[39:26] | there’s no ex-boyfriend around. | 没有前任的事我还是松了口气 |
[39:30] | At least one you’re still hooking up with. | 至少没有正在纠缠你的前任 |
[39:33] | Okay then. | 好吧 |
[39:52] | And– and just… | 这样… |
[39:54] | – Sorry. – Oh, it’s okay. | -抱歉 -没事 |
[39:57] | – Sorry! – Sorry! | -抱歉 -抱歉 |
[40:05] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[40:06] | Yeah, the keys are– | 钥匙在… |
[40:08] | I don’t know where the key is. | 我不知道钥匙在哪 |
[40:10] | – I think they’re over here. – Okay, I’m coming. | -好像在这边 -好的 我来了 |
[40:17] | 西门娜 我是凯丽 这是我的作品 | |
[40:46] | Said that this plant is near impossible to kill. | 据说这种植物杀都杀不死 |
[40:49] | I don’t know if they deserve a gift after insulting Anchor Beach. | 他们侮辱了锚滩 我都不想带礼物 |
[40:52] | She didn’t know that you were the Vice Principal. | 她又不知道你是副校长 |
[40:54] | – Take it easy. – Well… | -镇定 -好吧 |
[40:57] | – You look very nice. – Thank you. | -你今天真美 -谢谢 |
[40:59] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[41:02] | – Hi. – Oh, hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[41:03] | We just wanted to officially welcome you to the neighborhood. | 我们想正式欢迎你们搬来这里 |
[41:05] | Oh. Thank you. Theresa? | 谢谢 特丽萨 |
[41:08] | You’ve met Lena, right? | 你见过莉娜了吧 |
[41:10] | – Yeah! – And this is my wife… | -是的 -这是我妻子 |
[41:12] | – Tess. – Oh, my God. Stef. | -小特 -天哪 史戴菲 |
[41:17] | Hi. | 你好 |
[41:19] | Hi. | 你好 |
[41:20] | Wow! What are you– she– | 天哪 你怎么…她… |
[41:23] | this– | 这真是… |