时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – Everything okay? – Tess asked me for a separation. | -一切还好吗 -特丝想跟我分居 |
[00:04] | – Why would she do this? – What if I’m gay? | -为什么要这样 -如果我是同性恋呢 |
[00:06] | – What is this? – It’s a mild sedative, for anxiety. | -这是什么 -那是镇静安神药 |
[00:10] | Honey, that necklace is not your mom. | 宝贝儿 那项链并不是你母亲 |
[00:14] | Okay, we’re leaving! Don’t stay up too late. | 好啦 我们要走咯 别熬夜到太晚哦 |
[00:18] | See you in the morning. | 早上见咯 |
[00:25] | Lena felt terrible telling | 莉娜觉得很抱歉 |
[00:26] | she couldn’t be his para-professional anymore, | 她不能再当他的辅助人员了 |
[00:28] | but, uh, you know, the teachers were up in arms | 但是老师们都极力反对 |
[00:30] | about her being in the classrooms, | 她出现在教室里 |
[00:31] | which I’m sure Jesus wasn’t thrilled about either. | 我相信黑素斯也不喜欢那样 |
[00:33] | Of course he’s not thrilled about having a new para, | 当然他也不想有个新的辅助人员 |
[00:35] | but if he wants to finish his junior year | 但如果他想完成高三这一年 |
[00:37] | and be a senior next year, then he– he’s got to have one. | 明年升高四的话 他就需要有人帮他 |
[00:41] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗 |
[00:44] | Um, my friend Jenna, I told you about her. | 我朋友珍娜 我跟你提过她 |
[00:47] | She came by to make up, so to speak, | 她过来补偿我 就是说 |
[00:50] | and, uh, let me know that | 让我知道 |
[00:51] | nothing was going on between her and, uh, Tess, | 她跟小特之间没什么 |
[00:53] | which, uh, you know, I don’t know if I exactly believe, | 我不知道我是否真的相信 |
[00:56] | but whatever, that’s Jenna. | 但随便吧 毕竟她是珍娜 |
[00:59] | Would it bother you if there | 如果珍娜和特丝之间 |
[01:00] | was something going on between Jenna and Tess? | 你介意真的发生什么吗 |
[01:03] | Oh, what bothers me is that Tess is keeping her husband | 我介意的是小特让她丈夫 |
[01:05] | in the dark. | 蒙在鼓里 |
[01:06] | You know, he has no idea what the hell is happening. | 他完全不知道到底怎么回事 |
[01:09] | Was Mike in the dark? About your sexuality? | 当时麦克知道你的性取向吗 |
[01:12] | Uh, um, Mike has nothing to do with this. | 麦克跟这件事没关系 |
[01:17] | Well, it just seems that your situation | 看起来你的情况 |
[01:19] | was similar to Tess’s. | 和特丝的很相似 |
[01:22] | You’re married to a man, questioning your sexuality. | 你嫁给了一个男的 怀疑自己的性取向 |
[01:26] | How did you feel about ending your marriage? | 你对离婚这件事感受如何 |
[01:30] | Uh, I felt badly. | 我感觉很不好 |
[01:33] | For Mike, I certainly didn’t mean to hurt him. | 对麦克 我真的不想伤害他 |
[01:34] | And, uh, for my son. | 对我的儿子 |
[01:37] | Uh, he was only five, | 他当时只有五岁 |
[01:39] | but it’s, uh… | 但是 |
[01:42] | It’s pretty hard… | 这真的很难 |
[01:44] | to tell your son, your little boy, that… | 去告诉你的儿子 他还那么小 |
[01:47] | you all won’t be living together… | 爸爸妈妈不会再 |
[01:51] | in the same house anymore. | 住在同一屋檐下了 |
[01:54] | Didn’t have much support from my family. | 我家人不支持我 |
[01:56] | I didn’t have much support from my parents. Um… | 我父母也不怎么支持我 |
[02:00] | When I came out, my father didn’t speak to me for a year. | 我出柜的时候 我父亲一年没跟我说话 |
[02:08] | Uh, so… | 所以 |
[02:11] | uh, when you ask me how I felt, | 你问我感受如何 |
[02:15] | I… I felt, uh… | 我 我感觉 |
[02:22] | Ashamed? | 很羞愧 |
[02:27] | Unlike guilt, | 不像内疚 |
[02:28] | which is the feeling of doing something wrong… | 是做错事之后的感受 |
[02:32] | shame is the feeling of being something wrong. | 羞愧是感觉自己就是个错误 |
[02:35] | And this assault on the self… | 这种对自我的攻击 |
[02:39] | it can cause deep depression and severe anxiety. | 它能引起严重的抑郁和焦虑 |
[02:51] | *It’s not where you come from* | *你来自何方不重要* |
[02:54] | *It’s where you belong* | *你属于何方才重要* |
[02:57] | *Nothing I would trade* | *我不愿意交换* |
[03:00] | *I wouldn’t have it any other way* | *这样已经最好* |
[03:04] | *You’re surrounded by love* | *你被爱环绕* |
[03:06] | *And you’re wanted* | *你被需要* |
[03:09] | *So never feel alone* | *所以永远不再孤单* |
[03:12] | *You are home with me* | *我们在一起的地方就是家* |
[03:15] | *Right where you belong* | *是你归宿的地方* |
[03:28] | – She should be here any minute, Jesus. – Mm-hmm. | -辅助人员随时都可能会到 -嗯 |
[03:31] | I’m gonna keep a close eye on this para, honey, I promise. | 我保证会密切关注她的 亲爱的 |
[03:34] | Yeah, you and everyone else, Mama. | 对 你和其他所有人都会 妈妈 |
[03:36] | I mean, you have no idea what | 你完全想象不到 |
[03:37] | it’s like having everyone just staring at you, | 就好像所有人都盯着你 |
[03:39] | wondering why some old fart’s following you around. | 想知道为什么那个老东西一直跟着你 |
[03:44] | Fartess, excuse me. | 女老东西 抱歉 |
[03:46] | – Hi. – Sorry, I’m a bit early. | -你好 -抱歉我来早来了 |
[03:48] | – Would you like me to wait? – No, no, please come on in. | -需要我等一会儿吗 -不不 请进 |
[03:50] | Um, Priya, this is my son, Jesus. | 普里亚 这是我儿子 黑素斯 |
[03:53] | Jesus, this is your new para. | 黑素斯 这是你新的辅助人员 |
[03:57] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[03:59] | It’s really nice to meet you, Jesus. | 非常高兴见到你 黑素斯 |
[04:01] | Hi, uh, me too. | 你也是 |
[04:03] | Uh, you. Nice to meet you. | 不 我也是 很高兴见到你 |
[04:12] | Oh, it’s beautiful. | 好美啊 |
[04:15] | Are you sure you like it? | 你真的喜欢吗 |
[04:18] | Yeah, it’s… | 是的 这 |
[04:19] | really beautiful. | 太漂亮了 |
[04:21] | I just wanted to give you something special. | 我只是想送你一件特别的东西 |
[04:24] | You know, for everything that you’ve done for me and my family. | 感谢你为我和我家人做的一切 |
[04:26] | I know it’s not much, um… | 我知道这点东西不算什么 |
[04:28] | No, it’s– No, it’s really lovely. | 不 这真的很美 |
[04:32] | – You didn’t have to. – No, I wanted to. | -你不必这样的 -我想送你 |
[04:34] | Callie? Oh, sorry. | 凯丽 抱歉 |
[04:37] | Oh, no, that’s okay. I’ve got to get to derby practice. | 没关系 我也要去轮滑队训练了 |
[04:41] | I’ll talk to you later. | 晚点再聊 |
[04:42] | Ah, yeah, yeah. | 好的 |
[04:44] | – Hey, thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢啦 -没事的 |
[04:48] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[04:50] | A necklace. | 一条项链 |
[04:51] | Ximena gave it to me. | 西门娜送给我的 |
[04:54] | It’s pretty. | 挺好看的 |
[04:55] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 |
[04:56] | I just didn’t have the heart to tell her | 我只是不忍心告诉她 |
[05:00] | I only wear Mom’s locket. | 我只戴妈妈的项链坠 |
[05:04] | Um, why are you home early? | 你为什么提前回家了 |
[05:06] | Eighth grade teacher conferences. | 八年级教师开会 |
[05:09] | Speaking of Mom… | 说到妈妈 |
[05:11] | can we visit her grave on Mother’s Day? | 我们能在母亲节去她墓前看她吗 |
[05:14] | We’re all making brunch for Moms and Sharon, so… | 我们要为妈妈们和莎伦做早午餐 所以 |
[05:18] | Well, couldn’t we go like before or after? | 能在那之前或之后去吗 |
[05:20] | No, I don’t think we’ll have time. | 不行 我觉得没时间 |
[05:22] | We can go another day. | 可以改天再去看 |
[05:25] | What other day? | 哪天 |
[05:26] | Jude, it’s not, like, she’s there. | 裘德 不像是她在那里 |
[05:29] | You know, she doesn’t know what day it is. | 她不知道每天是什么日子 |
[05:32] | We need to be here for our Moms that do. | 我们要陪在知道日子的妈妈身边 |
[05:36] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[05:41] | Twenty-eight, | 二十八 |
[05:43] | twenty-nine, | 二十九 |
[05:44] | thirty. | 三十 |
[05:46] | End time. | 时间到 |
[05:48] | So, what does this do? | 这是干嘛的 |
[05:50] | We’re working on building up your ability to focus, | 我们正在努力培养你集中注意力的能力 |
[05:53] | by starting with short periods of time and building on that. | 从短时间开始 并以此为基础 |
[05:57] | Thirty seconds of complete focus | 三十秒完全集中注意力 |
[06:00] | can be far more productive than 30 minutes of struggle. | 远比三十分钟的挣扎要有效 |
[06:04] | That makes sense. | 有道理 |
[06:05] | I’m gonna go ask Craig for tomorrow’s assignment. | 我去问问克雷格明天的任务 |
[06:07] | – That way we can plan ahead. – Okay. Thanks. | -那样我们能提前规划 -好 谢谢 |
[06:35] | What’s up, dude? | 怎么样 兄弟 |
[06:37] | – Where’s your hottie? – Oh, she went home for the day. | -你的辣妹去哪了 -她今天回家了 |
[06:39] | For real, Foster. | 说真的 福斯特 |
[06:40] | I’d take a nail in the head to nail that any day. | 要能上这样的妹子我也愿意头上插钉子 |
[06:42] | But, like, how do you focus with her rack in your face all day? | 你整天看着她怎么专心学习呢 |
[06:45] | Well, I… yeah. | 我…是啊 |
[06:48] | I’d probably focus a little bit better if she sat on my face. | 可能她坐在我脸上我会更专心 |
[06:53] | – Uh, see you later, dude. – Peace. | -一会儿见 -好的 |
[06:55] | Seriously? | 说真的吗 |
[06:56] | – What? – You’re disgusting. | -什么 -你真恶心 |
[07:05] | Hey, listen, I would… | 听着 我… |
[07:08] | I would really like it if we did not discuss | 我希望我们不要在我妈面前 |
[07:10] | what’s been going on with me in front of my mother. | 讨论我的事情 |
[07:12] | She’ll just poo-poo it as nonsense. | 她会觉得我们在胡说八道 |
[07:14] | – Okay. – And speaking of the devil… | -好的 -说曹操曹操就到 |
[07:16] | Um, where is she? | 她到哪了 |
[07:18] | She’s supposed to have gotten in a few hours ago. | 她几个小时前就应该到了 |
[07:22] | Hello, hello! | 你们好呀 |
[07:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:26] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[07:28] | – That’s a nice wig, Ma. – Oh, come on, hair! | -假发不错 -拜托 真头发 |
[07:31] | It’s the real me! | 如假包换 |
[07:32] | – Looks good, no? – Where’s your, uh, where’s your baggage? | -好不好看 -你的行李呢 |
[07:37] | I left it next door! | 我把它放隔壁了 |
[07:39] | Next door? What are they doing next door? | 隔壁 他们在隔壁干嘛呢 |
[07:40] | Oh, as I was coming in from the taxi cab, | 我从出租车里出来 |
[07:42] | Tess was coming in in her big, ol’ fancy Tesla. | 看到特丝上了她那辆豪华特斯拉跑车 |
[07:46] | – Tess in her Tesla. – Ma. | -特丝坐在特斯拉里 -妈 |
[07:48] | Have you seen the way that the doors go up on that? | 你们看到那车的门有这么高吗 |
[07:51] | – It’s like a crazy spaceship. – Yes. So… | -就像飞船一样 -嗯 所以 |
[07:53] | You were– Why were you at Tess’s, Mom? | 你在… 你为什么上了特丝的车 |
[07:54] | Oh, well, I didn’t see your car in the driveway, | 车道上没看见你们的车 |
[07:57] | and Tess said, “Come on in and have a glass of wine,” So… | 特丝叫我”进来喝一杯吧” 所以 |
[08:00] | Hey, why didn’t you ever tell me before she’s a lesbian? | 你们怎么不早点告诉我她是同性恋 |
[08:03] | Oh, boy. | 天呐 |
[08:05] | She told you that? | 她告诉你了吗 |
[08:07] | You know, Stefanie, it might come as a surprise, | 史戴菲 你可能听着不信 |
[08:10] | but some people actually like to confide in me. | 但有些人真的很愿意跟我倾诉 |
[08:16] | And guess what? Tomorrow night, we’re going to a gay bar. | 猜猜怎么着 我们明晚一起去同性恋酒吧 |
[08:24] | – Do you need some help with your homework? – Uh, yeah. | -作业需要帮忙吗 -需要 |
[08:26] | Do you want to write this practice college essay? | 你想帮我写这篇高考实践作文吗 |
[08:29] | What’s the question? | 什么题目 |
[08:30] | “What event or experience | “生活中对你影响最大的 |
[08:32] | has had the greatest impact on your life?” | 一件事情是什么” |
[08:36] | I’m gonna write about my TBI. | 我想写脑损伤这件事 |
[08:37] | That’s great. | 挺好的 |
[08:39] | You should have plenty to say about that. | 这件事你应该有很多话可以说 |
[08:40] | Yeah, it’s just how to say it, you know? | 嗯 只是应该怎么说呢 |
[08:47] | “Your para’s got a nice pair-a tits.” | “你的辅助人员胸不错” |
[08:50] | Yeah, uh, some guy passed me that in class today. | 嗯 今天上课有人传给我的 |
[08:54] | Well, what did you say to him? | 你对他说什么了 |
[08:56] | He said that he wanted Priya to sit on his face. | 他说他想要普里亚坐在他脸上 |
[08:58] | – Mariana! – What? | -玛丽安娜 -什么 |
[09:00] | – You did, I heard you. – Jesus, | -我听见你就是这么说的 -黑素斯 |
[09:01] | why would you say something like that? | 你为什么要说这样的话 |
[09:03] | Mama, it’s just, like, guy talk. | 妈妈 这只是男生之间的谈话 |
[09:05] | – “Guy talk”? – Yeah, I mean, | -“男生之间的话”吗 -嗯 |
[09:06] | they started it. What do you want me to say? | 他们开启的话题 你要我怎么说呢 |
[09:08] | That it’s completely inappropriate. | 这样说非常不妥 |
[09:10] | – Yeah, right. I… – What is so crazy about that? | -嗯 对… -这有什么好抓狂的呢 |
[09:14] | Fine, then get me another para. | 好 那给我找过一个辅助人员 |
[09:16] | One that’s not mean or hot. | 一个不毒舌也不性感的 |
[09:18] | Look, I can barely handle school as it is, | 我连学业都应付不来 |
[09:20] | I cannot deal with all this other stuff. | 更应付不来其他事情了 |
[09:25] | So, what should I wear to a lesbian bar? | 我应该穿什么去同性恋酒吧 |
[09:28] | Is there some kind of, you know, dress code or something? | 那里有着装要求什么的吗 |
[09:31] | – You know, Mother… – You’re going to a lesbian bar? | -听着妈妈 -你们要去同性恋酒吧吗 |
[09:33] | Well, I feel like dancing, | 我想跳舞 |
[09:35] | and I just don’t want to get hit on all night. | 又不希望整晚都有人搭讪 |
[09:37] | Well, what makes you think the ladies won’t hit on you? | 你怎么就认为女人不会跟你搭讪呢 |
[09:39] | Oh, good point! | 说得好 |
[09:41] | – Well, have fun. – Thanks! | -玩的开心 -谢谢 |
[09:44] | Lena, would you like to go with us tonight? | 莉娜 你今晚跟我们一起去吗 |
[09:46] | Uh, no, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[09:48] | Okay, well. | 好吧 |
[09:49] | Stef, finished? You don’t have to come either. | 史戴菲 吃完了吗 你也不用去 |
[09:51] | I mean, Tess and I’ll be fine on our own. | 特丝和我一起就够了 |
[09:55] | That’s what I’m afraid of. | 这正是我所担心的 |
[09:57] | So, looks like I’ll have to find Jesus | 看起来我得给黑素斯 |
[09:59] | yet another para-professional. | 再次再找一个辅助人员了 |
[10:01] | Why, what happened? The new one’s no good? | 为什么 怎么了 新的不好吗 |
[10:03] | No, she’s very good. | 不 她很好 |
[10:05] | The problem is, she’s too hot. | 问题是她太性感了 |
[10:07] | Hot? | 性感 |
[10:09] | Yeah, Jesus’s friends are teasing him. | 嗯 黑素斯的朋友们都嘲笑他 |
[10:11] | Which is why I didn’t hire her to begin with | 所以我一开始不想雇她 |
[10:13] | because I thought she might be a distraction for him. | 我当时就觉得她可能会让他分心 |
[10:14] | Well, you’re hot. Do you think you shouldn’t be principal | 你也很性感 就因为男孩表现不好 |
[10:16] | simply because boys won’t behave? | 不让你当校长吗 |
[10:19] | Yeah! I agree. | 没错 我也觉得 |
[10:21] | I mean, girls should be judged on their brains, not their bod. | 应该关注女孩的头脑而不是身材 |
[10:25] | That’s why I raised her to be a feminist. | 所以我才把她培养成了一个女权主义者 |
[10:28] | Well, we shouldn’t just raise our daughters to be feminists. | 我们不应该只把女儿培养成女权主义者 |
[10:30] | We should raise our sons to be feminists too. | 也应该把儿子培养成女权主义者 |
[10:31] | And you– you really think you raised me to be a feminist, Ma? | 你真觉得你把我培养成了女权主义者吗 |
[10:34] | Of course, I do. | 当然了 |
[10:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:44] | Erase that. | 擦掉这个 |
[10:46] | – What? – Just do it. | -什么 -擦掉 |
[10:49] | “Erase that.” Okay. | “擦掉” 好的 |
[10:51] | Oh, I can still see it. | 我还是能看到 |
[10:52] | – Here, try again. – Well, I can’t make it go away completely. | -再试试 -我不可能完全擦掉 |
[10:55] | Yeah, exactly. | 当然了 |
[10:57] | Piece of paper is just like your virtue. | 你的贞洁就像一张纸 |
[10:59] | Once you make a mark on it, you can try and try to erase it, | 一旦有了污点 你可以一直擦 |
[11:01] | but it’s never gonna go away. | 但永远不可能完全擦干净 |
[11:03] | You had me do that when I was a girl, Ma, you remember that? | 我小时候你让我这样做过 记得吗 |
[11:05] | Well, I’m sure I was just | 我肯定只是 |
[11:06] | trying to scare you a little or something, | 想要吓唬你一下下 |
[11:08] | so you wouldn’t go out and get yourself pregnant. | 免得你出去把肚子搞大了 |
[11:10] | Well, I never forgot it, Ma, | 我一直记得 妈妈 |
[11:11] | and it certainly didn’t make me feel like a feminist. | 这没有让我感觉像是女权主义者 |
[11:13] | It made me feel like sex was shameful, especially for girls. | 这让我感觉做爱可耻 尤其是女性 |
[11:19] | Boys and girls are raised with double standards. | 培养男生和女生有双重标准 |
[11:21] | And I don’t think that we should give our sons a free pass. | 我觉得我们不应该给男生特权 |
[11:23] | If we’re complicit in this behavior, | 如果我们同流合污 |
[11:25] | if just say “Boys will be boys” | 如果我们只说”男生应该有男生样” |
[11:26] | then, you know, we’re– we’re misogynists, too. | 那我们也是厌女主义者 |
[11:31] | – She’s right. – She’s also very wound up. | -她说得没错 -她太激动了 |
[11:34] | I mean, more than usual. | 激动异常 |
[11:37] | Is anything going on with her? | 她出什么事了吗 |
[11:40] | No, she’s fine. | 没有 她很好 |
[11:42] | Your fever broke, and you’re not having other side effects, | 你退烧了 没有其他副作用 |
[11:45] | which is a good sign that the modified T-cells | 说明改良后的T细胞 |
[11:47] | aren’t attacking your immune system, | 没有攻击你的免疫系统 |
[11:48] | and hopefully just the cancer cells. | 最好的是只攻击癌细胞 |
[11:51] | I’ll check back tomorrow. | 我明天再来检查 |
[11:54] | – Actually, Doctor, do you have a sec? – Absolutely. | -医生 你有时间吗 -有 |
[12:02] | It’s great how quick the treatment works. | 很高兴治疗这么快就有效果了 |
[12:06] | If it works. | 前提是真的有效 |
[12:09] | It will. | 会有效的 |
[12:15] | I made you my proxy. | 我让你做我的代理人 |
[12:18] | What– what’s that? | 代理人是什么 |
[12:21] | The person who makes all of my medical decisions | 代理人就是在我无法做决定时 |
[12:25] | on my behalf if I can’t. | 代理我做治疗决定的人 |
[12:32] | Shouldn’t your mother be that person? | 这不是应该让你妈妈代理吗 |
[12:34] | No, I-I don’t want her being that person, | 不 我不想让她当我的委托人 |
[12:35] | because I don’t think she’ll do what I want… | 因为如果事情发展不尽人意的话 |
[12:38] | if things go bad. | 我不觉得她会遂了我的愿 |
[12:39] | Which is why I need you to be that person. | 正是如此 我需要你来做我的委托人 |
[12:47] | Everything was fine in Baltimore. | 在巴尔的摩的时候一切都正常 |
[12:50] | And then we moved here, and it’s like, boom. My dad’s moving out. | 但搬来之后 突然间我爸就要搬走 |
[12:53] | – Do you think the move had anything to do with it? – I don’t know. | -你觉得是因为搬家的事吗 -不知道 |
[12:58] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想聊这件事 |
[13:02] | I just wish I knew why. What happened? | 我只是希望我知道原因 都发生了什么 |
[13:04] | You know, no one’s telling me anything, | 没有人告诉过我到底是为什么 |
[13:06] | and my mom is acting so… | 并且我妈最近的行为 |
[13:11] | What are you doing tomorrow? | 你明天什么安排 |
[13:12] | For Mother’s Day? | 母亲节 |
[13:13] | I hadn’t even thought about that. | 我还没想过 |
[13:15] | I guess we won’t be spending it with my dad. | 反正我们也不和我爸一起过 |
[13:18] | why don’t you spend it with us? | 你们想来和我们一起过吗 |
[13:20] | We’re making brunch for my moms and grandma. | 我们计划为妈妈们和奶奶做早午餐 |
[13:22] | Are you sure it’s okay? | 你确定我们能来吗 |
[13:24] | I mean, she’s out with my mom tonight. | 她今晚刚和我妈出去 |
[13:26] | She might get sick of her. | 她不会烦她吗 |
[13:28] | Wait. Your… | 等会 你的 |
[13:30] | Your mom’s out with them tonight? | 你妈今晚和她们在一起 |
[13:32] | – Dancing? – Yeah, I guess. | -去跳舞了 -我想是的 |
[13:49] | Okay, now the first round is on me. | 第一轮我请客 |
[13:51] | – What do you want? – I’ll have some soda water, please. | -大家想喝什么 -我要苏打水吧 |
[13:54] | – Soda water? – I’m driving, Mother. | -苏打水 -我还要开车呢 妈妈 |
[13:56] | Okay, fine. What would you like, honey? | 好吧 那你想来点什么 亲爱的 |
[13:58] | Uh, margarita, rocks, no salt. | 玛格丽塔 整块冰 不要盐 |
[14:00] | That’s my girl! | 这才像话 |
[14:03] | So, it’s official, huh? You’re a lesbian? | 所以正式确定了 你是同性恋 |
[14:06] | I’m not– I haven’t– | 我不 我还没 |
[14:07] | I’m exploring. | 我还在判断中 |
[14:10] | Ah, well, my mom said that you told her you’re a lesbian. | 我妈跟我说你告诉她你是同性恋 |
[14:14] | Would it bother you if I was gay? | 如果我是同性恋对你有什么影响 |
[14:16] | Or is it just that I haven’t told Dean? | 或者只是我还没告诉迪恩 |
[14:18] | Because I haven’t even kissed a woman, | 因为我还没亲过任何女人 |
[14:19] | so I don’t even know if there’s anything to tell him yet. | 我都不知道有什么好告诉他的 |
[14:23] | Did you tell your husband before you really knew? | 你确定你是同性恋之前告诉你丈夫了吗 |
[14:26] | Hey. Hey, hey, Tess. | 特丝 |
[14:29] | Check it out. | 快看 |
[14:30] | The girl at my… | 在我六点钟方向 |
[14:34] | Six o’clock, end of the bar. | 吧台头上 那个女孩 |
[14:37] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[14:38] | Yeah, yeah. She’s– she’s attractive. | 她 她挺有魅力的 |
[14:41] | And alone! Come on, let’s go talk to her. | 而且是一个人 快 我们去找她聊聊 |
[14:43] | – No! What, no! – Oh, come on. | -什么 不 -拜托 来吧 |
[14:45] | Somebody’s gotta be the man here. | 这里总有人得承担男人的角色 |
[14:47] | Nobody has to be the man, Mother. | 没有人需要当个男的 妈妈 |
[14:49] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我在说什么 |
[14:50] | – I don’t! – The aggressor. | -我不知道 -先发制人的那个 |
[14:54] | I’m just sayin’. | 我只是说说 |
[14:56] | You say a lot. | 你总是在说 |
[15:08] | How’s it going? | 写的怎么样了 |
[15:09] | Um, it’s slow. | 挺慢的 |
[15:19] | I’ve been thinking about the Priya situation. | 我一直在想关于普里亚的事 |
[15:22] | And I’m really sorry. | 我感到十分抱歉 |
[15:25] | – It’s okay. – No, it’s not okay. | -没事 -不 不能没事 |
[15:28] | Because… I hired David | 因为 我一开始 |
[15:31] | instead of Priya the first time around. | 雇了大卫而不是普里亚 |
[15:33] | Even though I knew she was more qualified, | 尽管我知道她更有资格 |
[15:35] | and I did that because I’m sexist. | 但因为我是性别主义者 |
[15:38] | And I thought that she might be a distraction for you. | 我害怕她会让你分心 |
[15:43] | – I mean, you’re right. – No, I was wrong. | -你是对的 -不 我错了 |
[15:46] | To assume that you couldn’t rise above locker-room talk, | 错在认定你不能不受粗鄙言论的干扰 |
[15:48] | and be the man we raised you to be. | 成为我们期望的人 |
[15:51] | A man who– who has the courage to… | 一个 一个有勇气来 |
[15:54] | to stand up to his friends and say, | 对抗他的朋友们并且说 |
[15:55] | “No, it’s not okay to sexually harass women.” | “不 对女性的性骚扰是不对的”的人 |
[15:58] | Physically or verbally. | 不管是行动上还是言语上 |
[15:59] | To their faces or behind their backs. | 当着他们的面或是背着他们 |
[16:01] | But you’re a man, who not only respects his moms, | 但你是一个不仅尊重你的妈妈们 |
[16:03] | and his sisters, and his girlfriend, | 姐姐妹妹们和你的女性朋友们 |
[16:05] | but all women. | 更要尊重所有女性的男人 |
[16:07] | That’s who I believe you are. | 我相信这才是你 |
[16:10] | That’s who I hope you are. | 我希望这才是你 |
[16:16] | I’m not gonna tell Priya that it’s not working out. | 我不会告诉普里亚你们之间无法合得来 |
[16:19] | And if you can’t show her the respect she deserves, | 如果你不能给她她应有的尊重 |
[16:21] | you can tell her that yourself. | 你该自己去告诉她 |
[16:24] | And you can tell her why. | 而且你要告诉她是为什么 |
[16:34] | She must really trust you. | 她一定十分信任你 |
[16:38] | I-I don’t know if I could– if I could do it, though. | 尽管如此 我不知道我能否做的了 |
[16:46] | pull the plug, or whatever. | 最终制止 什么的 |
[16:52] | Then you should tell her that. | 那你应该告诉她的 |
[17:06] | Is Tess gay? | 特丝是同性恋吗 |
[17:08] | Is that why she made Logan’s dad move out? | 这就是她把洛根爸爸赶走的原因吗 |
[17:11] | Why are you asking this? | 你为什么问这个 |
[17:13] | Because she’s out with Sharon and Mom at a lesbian bar, right? | 她和莎伦还有妈妈去女同酒吧了不是吗 |
[17:17] | Honey, there are lots of reasons why a marriage breaks down. | 亲爱的 有许多原因能导致婚姻破裂 |
[17:20] | Like if one person’s gay? | 比如其中一个人是同性恋 |
[17:23] | Look, it all makes sense. | 这样就说得通了 |
[17:24] | She moved back here, next to Mom, | 她搬回这里 就住在妈妈旁边 |
[17:27] | and she realized she actually | 并且她意识到 |
[17:28] | did have feelings for her back in high school, | 她中学的时候确实喜欢过她 |
[17:30] | – and boom. – Look. | -你看 -听着 |
[17:31] | We don’t know anything for sure. | 我没还不能确定任何事 |
[17:33] | Tess is just exploring her options. | 特丝只是在探索她的各种选择 |
[17:36] | Well, I hope she’s not exploring Mom. | 我希望她没有在”探索”妈妈 |
[17:38] | – Hey! – I’m just saying. | -喂 -说说而已 |
[17:41] | I wouldn’t let my wife | 我是不会让我的妻子 |
[17:43] | go to a gay bar with her first love | 和她正在探索自己性取向的初恋 |
[17:44] | who’s in an exploring kind of mood. | 去一个同性恋酒吧的 |
[17:46] | Listen, your mother and I are very married. | 听着 你妈妈和我感情好得很 |
[17:51] | And look, I don’t want you telling any of this to Logan. | 并且我不希望你透漏任何消息给洛根 |
[17:54] | – It’s none our business. – Okay, fine. | -这不干我们任何事 -好吧 |
[18:07] | I just wanted to thank you for the drink. | 我想谢谢你请我喝的酒 |
[18:13] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[18:16] | I’m Lara. | 我是拉腊 |
[18:18] | Would you like to dance? | 你想一起跳舞吗 |
[18:21] | She’d love to! | 她非常想 |
[18:28] | Sure. | 可以啊 |
[18:39] | Stef, look, I’m really sorry about the whole, | 史戴菲 我对这整个 |
[18:42] | uh, white paper/virtue thing. | “白纸贞操”的事情感到抱歉 |
[18:44] | If I’d known you were a lesbian, | 如果我当时知道你是个同性恋 |
[18:46] | I would never have done that. | 我肯定不会做那样的事 |
[18:48] | Why didn’t you? Huh? | 你当时怎么会不知道 |
[18:50] | I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我 |
[18:52] | You wore dresses. I’m not omniscient. | 你当时会穿裙子 我又不是无所不知 |
[18:55] | Hey! So, you wanna dance? | 想跳舞吗 |
[18:58] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢你 |
[18:59] | Um, not you. | 我不是在问你 |
[19:03] | Me? | 我 |
[19:04] | Well, I’d love to. | 非常荣幸 |
[19:08] | You’re not a lesbian, you know that, Mom? | 你又不是女同 你知道的 妈妈 |
[19:09] | – Remember Will? – Oh, Stefanie. | -记得威尔吗 -史戴菲 |
[19:12] | I’ve had experiences. | 老娘可是身经百战 |
[19:41] | Good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[19:44] | – What was that for? – Just ’cause. | -这是干什么 -我乐意 |
[19:47] | Good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[19:49] | How’d you sleep? | 睡得怎么样 |
[19:51] | Good! | 很好 |
[19:52] | – Who wants eggs? – Me! | -谁想要煎蛋 -我 |
[19:54] | Yes, I’ll have some. | 给我也来点 |
[19:58] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[20:00] | How’s your portfolio coming along? | 你的作品选集进展如何 |
[20:02] | I turned it in, | 我已经提交了 |
[20:03] | so now I just have to wait and see. | 所以现在我只需要等结果了 |
[20:05] | I’m sure you’ll get in. | 我相信你会被录取的 |
[20:09] | Why are you wearing my necklace? | 你为什么戴着我的项链 |
[20:41] | Thank you so much! | 太感谢你们了 |
[20:43] | My darling grandchildren! | 我的宝贝孙子孙女们 |
[20:46] | Yes, very sweet, my darling children. | 太贴心了 我的宝贝孩子们 |
[20:50] | Where’s, uh, Poppy and Ximena? | 波比和西门娜呢 |
[20:52] | Uh, they went to visit their parents in detention. | 她们去拘留所看她们的父母了 |
[20:55] | That’s gotta be tough. | 肯定很不好受 |
[20:56] | Yeah, their lawyer’s working on | 是啊 他们的律师正在努力 |
[20:57] | getting them out before their hearing, | 在听证会之前把他们父母弄出来 |
[20:59] | so hopefully they’ll be home soon. | 希望他们能快点回家 |
[21:00] | Well, we are especially grateful for the invitation. | 我们十分感谢你们的邀请 |
[21:04] | So, thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[21:05] | Of course. Not a problem. | 不客气 没什么 |
[21:07] | So, Tess, did you have fun last night? | 特丝 昨晚玩得开心吗 |
[21:11] | Uh, yes! I did. | 开心啊 |
[21:14] | A little too much fun! | 简直玩得太嗨了 |
[21:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:18] | Oh, nothing! | 没什么 |
[21:19] | Just, you know, at my age, | 你知道 到了我这年纪 |
[21:21] | every once in a while, you just get a sharp pain in your shin. | 小腿时不时就会剧烈疼痛 |
[21:27] | So, I think I know what’s going on with my parents. | 我应该知道我父母是怎么回事了 |
[21:29] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[21:31] | Yeah, I think my dad is having an affair. | 是啊 我觉得我爸有外遇了 |
[21:33] | What makes you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[21:34] | He’s just been so cagey. | 他最近讳莫如深 |
[21:36] | He keeps saying it’s mutual, | 他老说这是相互的 |
[21:37] | but I can see how upset my mom is. | 但我能看出来我妈有多焦虑 |
[21:39] | And this morning, I heard her on the phone | 而且今早 我听到她在电话里 |
[21:41] | talking about some lady named Lara. | 谈论一位叫拉腊的女士 |
[21:45] | What if that’s the woman that he’s cheating with? | 那位女士会不会就是他的外遇 |
[21:48] | Hey, uh, can we do presents now? | 我们现在可以送礼物了吗 |
[21:51] | Uh, sure. | 当然 |
[21:53] | Grandma, this is from all of us. | 外婆 这是我们全体送的礼物 |
[21:56] | what could it be? | 会是什么呢 |
[22:02] | Oh, you– you had a star named after me? | 你们让一颗星星以我的名字命名 |
[22:06] | That is so great! | 太棒了 |
[22:08] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[22:09] | That’s appropriate. | 很不错 |
[22:11] | This is for you two. | 这是给你们俩的 |
[22:12] | It’s Pomegranate Noir. | 这是石榴香水 |
[22:14] | Mama loves those! | 我很喜欢 |
[22:16] | – Oh my gosh! – Well played! | -我的天 -这礼物真棒 |
[22:17] | – Thank you so much! – She’s very excited. You can tell! | -太感谢你了 -你能看得出来她有多兴奋 |
[22:20] | This is from me. | 这是我送的礼物 |
[22:22] | Oh, that’s so nice. | 太贴心了 |
[22:24] | – Here you go. – Oh, thank you! | -给 -谢谢你 |
[22:29] | – Oh my God, Callie. – Callie! | -我的天 凯丽 -凯丽 |
[22:31] | That’s– -It’s so beautiful. | 太美了 |
[22:33] | – Callie! – Beautiful! | -凯丽 -太美了 |
[22:36] | – Great shot. – When’d you take this, sneak-pants? | -拍得真棒 -你什么时候拍的 小偷拍鬼 |
[22:38] | When you weren’t looking. | 你们没注意到的时候 |
[22:39] | – Obviously. – Don’t read the card in front of everyone. | -那当然了 -别在大家面前读卡片里的话 |
[22:43] | And this is from me. | 这是我送的 |
[22:44] | Two stems for my two lovely Mamas. | 给我两位可爱的妈妈的两株花 |
[22:47] | Oh, thank you! They’re so beautiful. | 谢谢你 太漂亮了 |
[22:49] | And I got you these. | 我为你们准备了这个 |
[22:53] | Oh, thanks! | 谢谢 |
[22:57] | With chocolate kisses. | 上面印着巧克力之吻 |
[22:59] | This has gotta be mine, right? | 这肯定是我的 对吧 |
[23:00] | ‘Cause that one says “Mama.” | 因为那个上面写着 “老妈” |
[23:02] | That’s cute. | 真可爱 |
[23:04] | – Thank you! – Of course. | -谢谢 -应该的 |
[23:06] | Well, I certainly can’t top any of that. | 我肯定比不上这些 |
[23:09] | But I got you a little something. | 但我给你们准备了一份小礼物 |
[23:11] | Aw, thanks, Ma. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[23:15] | “Harmony Soul Retreat.” | “和谐灵魂静养所” |
[23:18] | It’s a meditation retreat. Will and I did it. | 这是个冥想静养所 威尔和我一起做过 |
[23:21] | It’s fantastic. | 非常棒 |
[23:22] | We decreased our emotional avoidance quotient | 我们将我们的回避情感指数 |
[23:26] | from 8.5 to 1.3 in a single weekend. | 在一个周末内从8.5降到1.3 |
[23:31] | There’s no excuse for not going. | 没有理由不去啊 |
[23:32] | – It’s great! – I can think of a hundred excuses not to go. | -真的很棒 -我可以想出一百个理由不去 |
[23:36] | – Thank you so much, Sharon. – Thank you, Mother. | -太感谢你了 莎伦 -谢谢你 妈妈 |
[23:38] | – Thank you. – So, I kinda screwed up. | -谢谢你 -我有点搞砸了 |
[23:41] | Um, I thought that the brunch was our present. | 我还以为这个早午餐就是我们的礼物 |
[23:43] | Oh, is that why you helped out so much? | 所以你才帮这么多忙的吗 |
[23:45] | Yeah, I cut the kiwi! | 是啊 我切了猕猴桃 |
[23:48] | Anyway, sorry, but I did finish writing my essay. | 不管怎么说 对不起 但我已经写完了文章 |
[23:51] | And instead of writing about my TBI | 我没有写脑损伤 |
[23:54] | as the greatest thing that impacted my life, | 作为影响我人生最重要的事 |
[23:57] | I wrote about my two moms. | 我写的是我的两位妈妈 |
[24:00] | So, I’m not gonna read the whole thing. | 我不会把整篇文章都读出来 |
[24:02] | But I do wanna read the last paragraph. | 我就读读最后一段 |
[24:07] | “So my moms saved me and my sister | “我的妈妈们将我和我的妹妹 |
[24:11] | from more nights of despair and terror. | 从绝望和恐惧的黑夜里拯救出来 |
[24:14] | They gave us the one thing that we dreamed of, | 她们给予了一件我们梦寐以求 |
[24:17] | but didn’t dare actually hope for: | 但其实未曾奢望过的东西 |
[24:21] | Family. | 那就是家庭 |
[24:22] | They made us feel safe, | 她们让我们感受到安全感 |
[24:23] | and for the first time in our young lives, loved. | 让我们有生以来第一次感受到了爱 |
[24:26] | So loved. | 如此深沉的爱 |
[24:30] | They made us feel like | 她们让我们觉得 |
[24:32] | we were worth something, that we mattered. | 我们是有价值的 我们很重要 |
[24:35] | That someone in the world wanted us. | 在这世界上有人是在乎我们的 |
[24:38] | And I know that there’s nothing | 而且我也深知 |
[24:39] | that I could ever give back to them | 对于她们为我们所付出的 |
[24:42] | that could equal what they’ve given to me. | 我无以回报 |
[24:44] | But I want my two strong, | 但我想让我那两位坚强 |
[24:47] | beautiful, brilliant moms to know | 美丽又充满智慧的妈妈们知道 |
[24:50] | that they don’t have to hope | 她们不必期望 |
[24:51] | I’ll be the man that they’ve raised me to be | 要我变成她们想把我养育成的那样 |
[24:53] | because that’s the man I want to be. | 因为那也是我想成为的模样 |
[24:57] | And I’ll always do my best to never let them down.” | 而且我也会尽我所能绝不让她们失望” |
[25:08] | I want you all to know that… | 我想让你们所有人都知道… |
[25:11] | the gift that you give to Mom and me… | 那些你们送给妈妈和我的礼物… |
[25:16] | …that it isn’t the gift of loving us, | 并不是那些表达爱我们的礼物 |
[25:18] | it’s the gift of the love that you inspire in us. | 而是你们从礼物表达出的的爱让我们很感动 |
[25:24] | And the way that you’ve opened our hearts | 而且你们让我们敞开心扉的程度 |
[25:27] | bigger than we ever thought possible. | 我们自己都从未想象过 |
[25:31] | And that feeling of loving someone so much, | 而且那种如此爱一个人的感觉 |
[25:34] | loving you guys so much, | 如此爱你们 |
[25:37] | we can’t ever repay you. | 我们永远也报答不了你们 |
[25:39] | We love you. | 我们爱你们 |
[25:44] | Love you, Mama. | 爱你 妈妈 |
[25:49] | Is there more champagne for mimosas? | 还有含羞草香槟吗 |
[25:50] | Hey, you wanna go to the cemetery later? | 等会儿你想去墓地吗 |
[25:54] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[26:01] | Hey, I’ll be right back, okay? | 我马上就回来 |
[26:06] | Where’s he going? | 他要去哪 |
[26:10] | Hey, everything all right? | 一切都还好吧 |
[26:12] | Who the hell do you think you are? | 你以为你是谁 |
[26:14] | – What do you mean? – I know Grace made you her proxy. | -什么意思 -我知道格蕾丝让你当她的受托人 |
[26:18] | Whose idea was that? Yours? | 是谁出的主意 是你吗 |
[26:19] | -No, of course not. -No? It wasn’t yours? | -不是 当然不是 -不是你吗 |
[26:21] | Is everything all right? | 还好吗 |
[26:25] | This is Grace’s mom. | 这位是格蕾丝的妈妈 |
[26:27] | -Hi. -Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[26:29] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗 |
[26:31] | Somehow your son convinced my daughter | 你儿子不知为何说服我女儿 |
[26:34] | to put him in charge of all decisions | 把他作为决策人 |
[26:35] | regarding her health. | 全权决定她的身体健康 |
[26:42] | -Why would she do this? -I think she’s afraid that… | -她为什么这么做 -也许是因为她怕 |
[26:45] | you won’t honor her wishes. | 您不会遵照她的意愿 |
[26:49] | The only person whose choice it is here is– is Grace. | 唯一该做决定的 只有格蕾丝 |
[26:53] | And… if she trusts me to do what she wants, | 而且 如果她信任我会遵照她的意愿 |
[26:56] | then maybe it’s up to her. | 也许就应该让她决定 |
[26:58] | Brandon, what you don’t know is that Grace… | 布兰登 你不知道格蕾丝上次生病时 |
[27:02] | didn’t want any more chemo the last time she got sick. | 不想再做化疗了 |
[27:05] | She just wanted to give up. | 只想放弃 |
[27:06] | But she wasn’t old enough to make her own decisions, | 但她当时还太小 不能自己做决定 |
[27:09] | so I made her keep fighting. | 所以我让她坚持下去 |
[27:12] | That bought her six more years, | 这个决定为她赢得了六年时间 |
[27:13] | and because of those six years, there are new treatments. | 也正是因为这六年 有了新疗法 |
[27:16] | Like the gene therapy she just did, | 比如她刚接受的基因疗法 |
[27:18] | which could very well cure her. | 很可能会基本治愈她的病 |
[27:22] | So you see, what Grace wants may not be | 所以你看 格蕾丝想要的 |
[27:23] | what’s best for Grace. | 也许对她来说并不是最好的 |
[27:27] | Don’t kid yourself, honey. | 别骗你自己了 亲爱的 |
[27:30] | When it comes to whether my daughter lives or dies, | 涉及到我女儿是生是死时 |
[27:32] | you are not capable… | 你根本没有能力 |
[27:34] | of taking on a decision like that. | 做这种决定 |
[27:48] | What was that all about? | 怎么回事 |
[27:51] | Okay, so Logan thinks that his father is having an affair, | 洛根认为他爸有外遇 |
[27:54] | and if no one’s gonna tell him the truth, I will. | 要是没人告诉他真相的话 我说 |
[27:57] | So, what is going on in here? | 这里到底出了什么事 |
[27:59] | It is very rude to just leave | 把客人单独留在那儿 |
[28:01] | our guests out there all alone. -I cannot… | -多不礼貌 -我受不了… |
[28:06] | Sharon. Sharon, wait! | 莎伦 莎伦 等等 |
[28:13] | What are you taking? | 你在吃什么 |
[28:16] | It’s medication. | 药 |
[28:18] | Yeah, I can see that. What kinda medication? | 我知道 是什么药 |
[28:21] | It’s none of your business, Mother. | 跟你无关 母亲 |
[28:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:25] | Don’t talk to me. | 不用告诉我 |
[28:27] | But don’t you dare blame me | 那就别怪我不知道 |
[28:29] | for not knowing you were gay. | 你是同性恋 |
[28:31] | Okay, because you never talked to me. | 因为你什么都不告诉我 |
[28:33] | You never cared what I thought. | 从来不关心我的想法 |
[28:35] | I mean, you know, you wanted your father’s approval. | 我是说 你想得到你父亲的认可 |
[28:37] | Oh, yeah, yeah. You always went to him. | 对对 你以前每次都去找他 |
[28:40] | You used to just gang up against me, you know? | 你俩以前总是合起伙来对付我 |
[28:42] | Just always the two of you. You thought I was silly. | 老是你们两个 你以为我傻 |
[28:45] | What about when you did know I was gay, | 那我告诉你我是同性恋的时候呢 |
[28:47] | Mom, when I told you? | 妈 你是什么反应 |
[28:49] | How you disapproved. | 你是如何反对的 |
[28:50] | -I did not disapprove! -Yes you did! | -我没有不同意 -你有 |
[28:53] | You were upset because I was gonna | 你很不高兴 因为我的婚姻要破裂了 |
[28:54] | break up my marriage, and my home, | 还有我的家庭 |
[28:56] | but, you know, you’re fine with Tess breaking up her marriage. | 可特丝要离婚你却没意见 |
[28:58] | Cheering her on, taking her out to gay bars and stuff. | 鼓励她 带她去同性恋酒吧什么的 |
[29:00] | Where was that support for me, huh? | 给我的支持呢 |
[29:02] | -Your own damn daughter! -That was different! | -你的亲生女儿 -那不一样 |
[29:04] | Mike was my son-in-law, and I cared about his feelings. | 麦克是我的女婿 我很关心他的感受 |
[29:07] | You think I– I didn’t care about his feelings? | 你觉得 我不关心他的感受吗 |
[29:10] | You think it didn’t hurt when I saw him hurt? | 你以为看到他难过我就不伤心吗 |
[29:15] | You think I wanted Brandon, my son, | 你以为我希望布兰登 我的儿子 |
[29:17] | to be a kid from a broken family? | 成为生长在破碎家庭的孩子吗 |
[29:20] | To have to be shuttled back and forth | 在我俩之间 |
[29:22] | between the two of us? | 被接来送去 |
[29:24] | You think I wanted to disappoint you and Dad? | 你以为我想让你和爸失望吗 |
[29:27] | I tried so hard, Mom! | 我已经很努力了 妈 |
[29:29] | I tried! | 我很努力了 |
[29:31] | I tried to be… | 我努力想… |
[29:37] | To what? | 想怎样 |
[29:41] | I tried to be straight, Mom. | 想变直 妈 |
[29:43] | I tried. I tried to be normal. | 我努力了 努力变正常 |
[29:46] | I tried to make Daddy proud. | 努力想让爸爸为我骄傲 |
[29:50] | I tried… | 我努力 |
[29:52] | to not be ashamed of myself. | 不为自己感到羞耻 |
[30:02] | Hey, what– what’s happening? | 怎么 怎么了 |
[30:06] | What’s happening? Are you– are you having a panic attack? | 怎么了 是惊恐发作了吗 |
[30:09] | Okay, okay. No, no, I need you to breathe. | 好了 好了 不不 呼吸 |
[30:12] | It’s a stress response. | 这是一种压力反应 |
[30:13] | Just breathe. Breathe from your abdomen, not your chest. | 慢慢呼吸 从腹部呼吸 不要从胸部 |
[30:16] | -Just shh! -I need– Please. All right. | -别说话 -我…拜托 好吧 |
[30:18] | Listen to me very carefully. | 仔细听我说 |
[30:20] | I need you to touch four things. | 摸四样东西 |
[30:23] | Just touch four things. | 快摸四样东西 |
[30:24] | Touch four things. | 摸四样东西 |
[30:27] | -And you– -Please! | -然后 -求你了 |
[30:28] | I can’t… | 我不… |
[30:31] | Chair! Pillow! | 椅子 枕头 |
[30:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:35] | Curtains! The wall! | 窗帘 墙壁 |
[30:37] | Okay, now three things that you hear. | 好 现在说出你听到的三个东西 |
[30:40] | Just listen. | 认真听 |
[30:41] | Three things you hear. | 听到的三样东西 |
[30:43] | Listen. | 快听 |
[30:46] | I– I hear your voice. | 我听到你的声音 |
[30:50] | Hear my breathing. | 听到我的呼吸 |
[30:52] | I… | 我… |
[30:54] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[30:55] | I hear a really annoying bird. | 听到一只鸟在烦人地叫 |
[30:58] | Good. Okay, two things you smell. | 很好 好 闻到的两种味道 |
[31:01] | Your breath. | 你的口气 |
[31:02] | Okay, that’s uncalled for. | 好吧 这个就不用说了 |
[31:04] | I smell bacon. | 有培根味 |
[31:06] | -Bacon from brunch. -Good. | -早午饭的培根 -很好 |
[31:09] | One thing you can taste. | 能尝到的一种味道 |
[31:12] | Fear. | 恐惧 |
[31:14] | Fear. | 恐惧 |
[31:23] | Darling girl. | 亲爱的闺女 |
[31:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[31:27] | It’s okay. Is everything all right? | 没关系 一切都还好吗 |
[31:28] | Yeah, fine. Listen. | 还好 听着 |
[31:31] | Mariana knows what’s going on with you. | 玛丽安娜知道你的事了 |
[31:34] | She knows you went to a lesbian bar last night, | 她知道你昨晚去了同性恋酒吧 |
[31:37] | and she’s kind of put it together for herself. | 还自己添油加醋了一番 |
[31:39] | So… she says she’s gonna tell Logan if you don’t. | 她说你要是不告诉洛根的话她就去说 |
[31:47] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[31:49] | You’re right. | 你是对的 |
[31:53] | She doesn’t know we’re here. | 她不知道我们来了 |
[31:56] | Or what day it is. | 或者今天的日子 |
[31:59] | Cemeteries are like… for the living. | 墓园是为生者建的 |
[32:07] | To come and… remember people they loved. | 为生者前来祭奠他们爱的人 |
[32:13] | If we, like, you know, came every day, | 我们要是每天都来 |
[32:16] | that’d be weird. | 就很奇怪了 |
[32:19] | Like a constant reminder that they’re gone. | 像是不断提醒自己他们已经不在了 |
[32:24] | It’s… kinda like wearing Mom’s necklace every day. | 就像每天戴着妈妈的项链 |
[32:35] | Jude. | 裘德 |
[32:45] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[32:46] | Hi. It’s good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[32:49] | It’s good to see you, too, Dad. | 我也很高兴见到你 爸 |
[32:56] | It’s not making any sense. | 这没道理 |
[32:58] | The reason… | 我之所以 |
[33:00] | The real reason why I can’t let you be my proxy | 之所以不能让你做我的代表人 |
[33:03] | isn’t because I don’t trust that you’re gonna do what I want. | 不是因为我不信任你会按照我的想法去做 |
[33:08] | It’s because I know if you do, | 而是因为我知道你做了之后 |
[33:10] | you’ll never forgive yourself. | 你永远不会原谅你自己 |
[33:12] | You won’t see it as you respecting my wishes. | 你并不认为这样是在尊重我的意愿 |
[33:16] | You’ll see it as you… giving up on me. | 你认为这样是在放弃我 |
[33:19] | And then you’ll always question whether you should’ve | 你会一直问自己是否该让我 |
[33:23] | made me fight, and– and you’ll blame yourself, | 与病魔斗争 你会责怪自己 |
[33:25] | and I-I could never leave you with that burden, Mom. | 但我不能让你承受这般压力妈妈 |
[33:30] | Oh, honey. No. | 亲爱的 不要 |
[33:43] | How do you know so much about panic attacks, Ma? | 你怎么会这么了解急性焦虑 妈妈 |
[33:46] | I used to have ’em. | 我以前得过 |
[33:49] | I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 |
[33:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:52] | When I was in my early 40s, | 在我四十多岁初期 |
[33:53] | around about the age you are now. | 差不多你这个年龄 |
[33:58] | Do you think it, uh, it… | 你认为 |
[34:00] | it might have something to do with being in– | 它可能与 |
[34:02] | in perimenopause? | 更年期有关吗 |
[34:03] | Oh, I’m sure it does. | 肯定的 |
[34:05] | Back then, they just thought you were nuts. | 当时人家只认为你是疯子 |
[34:09] | Your dad… | 你爸爸 |
[34:11] | Frank, | 弗兰克 |
[34:12] | thought I could control it | 认为我可以控制住 |
[34:13] | if I would just think happy thoughts. | 如果我只想开心的事情 |
[34:19] | Exactly. | 是啊 |
[34:21] | I mean, but you can’t– you can’t… | 但你不能 |
[34:23] | You can’t know what that experience is. | 你不知道那是种怎样的经历 |
[34:25] | You just can’t have any idea unless… | 你根本无法了解它 |
[34:30] | unless you know it. | 除非你得过 |
[34:33] | But now you know. | 但现在你了解了 |
[34:34] | If you ever, you know, need anybody | 如果你需要人的话 |
[34:36] | to talk to who… | 跟那些懂的人 |
[34:39] | understands. | 交流 |
[34:43] | I’m sorry that Dad and I ganged up on you sometimes. | 我很抱歉我和爸爸有时候一起针对你 |
[34:47] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[34:48] | Ganging up was the way you two bonded. | 你俩就靠联合针对我才能相处 |
[34:52] | I knew it. | 我知道 |
[34:54] | But… | 但 |
[34:55] | it didn’t feel good being on the outside. | 被排挤在外肯定感觉不好 |
[35:00] | It still doesn’t. | 现在依然不好 |
[35:03] | I’ll try not to do it anymore, okay? | 我会努力不再这样 好吗 |
[35:08] | Thank you for helping me. | 谢谢你帮助我 |
[35:12] | I love you, Mom. I hope you know that. | 我爱你妈妈 我希望你知道 |
[35:15] | And that is the very, very, | 这是特别特别 |
[35:18] | very best Mother’s Day gift ever, ever! | 特别好的母亲节礼物 |
[35:21] | Which is a good thing, because I noticed, | 这是件好事 因为我发现 |
[35:24] | you didn’t get me anything. | 你没给我准备东西 |
[35:31] | So, do you come here often? | 你经常来这吗 |
[35:34] | No, not much. | 不是 |
[35:37] | How ’bout you? | 你呢 |
[35:38] | We’ve only been a few times. | 只来过几次 |
[35:41] | Yeah, it would depend on, | 这取决于 |
[35:42] | like, whatever foster home we were in, if they would bring us. | 我们的寄养家庭和他们会不会带我们来 |
[35:48] | You’re still wearing your mom’s locket. | 你还戴着你母亲的吊坠 |
[35:52] | What? | 什么 |
[35:55] | Callie had a dream about Mom last night. | 凯丽昨晚梦见她妈妈了 |
[35:57] | She asked her why she was wearing her necklace. | 她问她为什么戴着自己的项链 |
[36:01] | I didn’t answer, I just, | 我没有回答 我只是 |
[36:02] | like, went to feel for it around my neck, | 去摸了下它 |
[36:05] | and it was gone. | 但它不见了 |
[36:08] | What do you think it meant? | 你觉得这意味着什么 |
[36:10] | I don’t really think dreams mean anything. | 我不认为梦有含义 |
[36:12] | No? | 没有吗 |
[36:14] | Yeah, I didn’t used to. | 我以前不这么觉得 |
[36:16] | But then, when I was in prison, | 但后来我进了监狱 |
[36:18] | I was in this, um… | 我接受了 |
[36:20] | it was like a therapy, kind of, group, | 有点像治疗 小组形式 |
[36:22] | and we talked about the dreams we had. | 我们聊自己做过的梦 |
[36:25] | I think they’re there | 我认为梦存在 |
[36:27] | to try to help us work through things. | 是帮我们解决一些事 |
[36:29] | To tell ourself stuff. | 是告诉我们一些事 |
[36:34] | So, what do you think I was trying to tell myself? | 你认为我在试图告诉自己什么 |
[36:37] | Well, I’m not sure, | 我不确定 |
[36:37] | but maybe just the fact that your mom asked you | 但你妈妈问你 |
[36:40] | why you were wearing it and then it was gone, that… | 为什么戴着它然后它不见了 |
[36:43] | it could mean that you want permission to take it off. | 可能意味着你想得到许可摘下它 |
[36:48] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[36:50] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[36:53] | – It’s okay. – I was just getting worried. | -没关系 -我只是有点担心 |
[36:56] | So… Callie and Jude. | 这是凯丽 裘德 |
[37:00] | Of course. I recognize you guys from the photos. | 我在照片上见过你们 |
[37:04] | You were younger. | 你们看上去年轻许多 |
[37:07] | It’s really, really nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[37:11] | I’m Natalie. | 我叫娜塔莉 |
[37:13] | I’m sorry, um… | 对不起 |
[37:15] | Yeah, we should go. | 我们该走了 |
[37:16] | Well, I mean, | 我是说 |
[37:18] | would you guys like to come over for dinner? | 你们想过来吃晚饭吗 |
[37:20] | Sometime at– at my place? | 也许挑个时间来我家 |
[37:24] | – Sure. – Great. | -好啊 -太棒了 |
[37:27] | How about next weekend? | 这周末怎么样 |
[37:42] | – Did you forget something? – No. | -你有没有忘了啥 -没有 |
[37:45] | No, I was just hoping that I could speak with you alone. | 我只是想跟你单独谈谈 |
[37:49] | Oh, okay, sure. | 好的 |
[37:55] | Listen, I’m… | 听着 我 |
[37:57] | I’m sure you know Logan’s very upset | 我觉得你知道洛根很伤心吧 |
[37:59] | about his father and me. | 因为他爸爸和我 |
[38:01] | And we’re trying to make this separation | 我们也在努力地想减轻分居 |
[38:04] | as painless as possible on him, | 给他带来的伤痛 |
[38:06] | and if you hurt him | 如果你通过告诉 |
[38:07] | by telling him something that you know nothing about… | 他一些你不了解的事情而伤害了他 |
[38:11] | I will make sure that he doesn’t want anything to do with you. | 我会让他跟你毫无瓜葛 |
[38:23] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[38:27] | I’m good. | 我很好 |
[38:28] | Well, it seems like it. | 看上去是的 |
[38:30] | – Where’s your mom? – She just left to grab something to eat. | -你妈妈在哪 -她出去吃饭了 |
[38:35] | Uh, well, there’s something I-I wanted to tell you, | 有些事我想告诉你 |
[38:39] | about, uh, being your proxy person. | 关于做你的代理人 |
[38:44] | I, uh, I thought about it, and… | 我想过了 |
[38:48] | I’ll do it. | 我愿意 |
[38:51] | If that’s what you really want. | 如果这是你想要的 |
[39:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:51] | Hey, love. | 亲爱的 |
[39:55] | That’s very pretty. | 真好看 |
[39:58] | Ximena gave it to me. | 西门娜给我的 |
[40:01] | Jude said that you saw Donald. | 裘德说你看见唐纳德了 |
[40:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[40:06] | He has a girlfriend. | 他有女朋友了 |
[40:07] | How do you feel about that? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[40:09] | Fine. | 还行 |
[40:12] | I think we’ve all been sad long enough. | 我觉得我们都难过够久了 |
[40:17] | I can remember my mom | 我可以记住妈妈 |
[40:19] | without literally wearing my grief around my neck. | 就算不把悲伤总戴在脖子上 |
[40:32] | Hey, you guys! You gotta come out here! | 你们过来下 |
[40:35] | We’ve having a dance party! | 我们要办舞蹈派对 |
[40:41] | Good God, what is happening? | 发生什么了 |
[40:43] | We’re having a family dance party! | 我们要办家庭舞蹈派对 |
[40:45] | Come on! This family needs to have some fun! | 来吧 一家人需要点乐子 |