时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Ah, the romantic comedies of the ’80s. | 八十年代的浪漫爱情喜剧啊 |
[00:04] | I learned everything I knew about | 我所有追女生的技巧 |
[00:05] | getting the girl from classics like “Can’t buy me love,” | 全部来自于《爱情买卖》这样的经典电影 |
[00:08] | Because the romantic scenes that played out in my house | 因为在我家上演的爱情戏 |
[00:11] | usually went a little something like this. | 通常是这样的 |
[00:13] | Here. | 给 |
[00:15] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[00:16] | Birthday card. | 生日卡 |
[00:18] | My birthday was two weeks ago. | 我的生日已经过了两周了 |
[00:20] | Remember? We had Mexican food. | 记得吗 我们吃的墨西哥菜 |
[00:22] | You had to race home in a mad panic. | 你非得十万火急地往家里赶 |
[00:25] | Well, that photo finish is why I forgot to give you a card. | 正因如此我才忘了给你生日卡 |
[00:28] | You know what else you forgot to do? | 你知道你还忘了做什么吗 |
[00:30] | Clean the garage. | 打扫车库 |
[00:31] | Give me some credit. I didn’t forget. | 别把我想这么差好吗 我没有忘 |
[00:33] | It’s gonna get done. | 我会去的 |
[00:40] | I’ll get my pants. | 我去穿长裤 |
[00:42] | Happy belated birthday. | 迟到的生日快乐 |
[00:44] | I had the kind of parents who loved each other, | 我的父母深爱对方 |
[00:46] | but I literally never once saw them kiss, | 但我从未见过他们接吻 |
[00:49] | which is why I was what you’d call romantically challenged. | 所以我才是所谓的爱情白痴 |
[00:52] | Her name was Dana Caldwell. | 她叫戴娜·考德威尔 |
[00:55] | She biked past my house every day, | 她每天骑车经过我家 |
[00:57] | and she was perfect. | 她太完美了 |
[01:01] | I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt here, | 证据不足 我不能定你的罪 |
[01:03] | but I gotta say, this looks weird. | 但我得说 这样做太奇怪了 |
[01:05] | It’s not weird. I’m just filming a girl I like | 一点也不奇怪 我只是把我喜欢的女生拍下来 |
[01:08] | to play the tape back later to practice talking to her. | 稍后会看着录像带 练习和她说话 |
[01:10] | – Oh, boy. – It’s weird. | -老天 -的确很奇怪 |
[01:12] | You know, I can help you out. | 我可以帮你的 |
[01:14] | Pops, I’m 12. | 老爷子 我12岁了 |
[01:15] | I gotta start handling this lady stuff on my own. | 我得开始自己解决爱情问题了 |
[01:19] | She’s coming back. | 她回来了 |
[01:21] | Get down! Get down! | 蹲下 蹲下 |
[01:24] | While I was crawling away from the girl I loved, | 我从我爱的女生身边爬开时 |
[01:26] | my father was trying to get the girl he loved off his back | 我爸想通过打扫车库 令他爱的女生 |
[01:29] | by cleaning the garage. | 不再来烦她 |
[01:31] | All right, anything under $10–toss. | 低于十块钱的 扔掉 |
[01:34] | All that crappy art from when you were kids–toss. | 你们小时候做的那些烂艺术品 全扔 |
[01:36] | No way! It’s my old keyboard! | 不会吧 我的琴 |
[01:40] | This thing is awesome! | 这个东西可棒了 |
[01:42] | Awesome, awesome, awesome. | 可棒了 可棒了 可棒了 |
[01:44] | I thought you said someone stole it. | 你不是说被偷了吗 |
[01:45] | Yeah, well, the robber–she was supposed to throw it away. | 对 那个盗贼 她应该把这个扔掉的 |
[01:49] | A-awesome, a-awesome,a-awesome, a-awesome. | 可棒了 可棒了 可棒了 可棒了 |
[01:51] | It’s going in the garbage. | 扔进垃圾桶 |
[01:52] | No. This is mine, and I love it, okay? | 不 这是我的 我很喜欢 |
[01:55] | Holy crap! Check this out. | 我的妈呀 快看 |
[01:57] | I found a box of dad’s old love poems to mom. | 我找到了一盒爸以前写给妈的情诗 |
[02:00] | Don’t touch that! Don’t touch that! | 别碰 别碰 |
[02:02] | – Come on. It’s none of your business. – Ready? | -拜托 这不关你们的事 -准备好了吗 |
[02:03] | – “Tears stain the pillows of my heart.” – Come on. Come on. | -泪水染湿了我的心枕 -别这样 |
[02:05] | – No, no, come on! – “your perfume lingers on my mind. | -别这样 -你的香水味在我心中萦绕 |
[02:08] | – Return to me, my love.” – Come on, come on! | -回到我的身边吧 我的爱 -别念了 |
[02:09] | – God, you’re terrible. – Okay, stop it. Give me that box. | -老天 写得好烂 -别念了 把盒子给我 |
[02:12] | Give– | 给我 |
[02:13] | “Our bodies are one under the starry sky. | 我们在星空下合二为一 |
[02:18] | There is no me, only us… | 没有我 只有我们 |
[02:20] | My sweet Anita”? | 我亲爱的阿妮塔 |
[02:22] | What? It says here you were gonna have a wedding? | 什么 这上面说你们要结婚 |
[02:25] | Anita? Who’s Anita? | 阿妮塔 谁是阿妮塔 |
[02:27] | Ohh. I see what’s going on here. | 我明白了 |
[02:31] | You have a secret family. | 你背着我们还有一个家 |
[02:32] | If I had a secret family, | 如果我还有一个家 |
[02:34] | why would I be standing here talking to you people? | 我为什么还要站在这里和你们说话 |
[02:36] | – Give me that box! – Here! | -把盒子给我 -给我 |
[02:38] | – Come on! – Got it! | -够了 -拿到了 |
[02:41] | All right! I’ll tell you the story. | 好吧 我把整件事告诉你们 |
[02:42] | Before your mother, I was engaged to another woman. | 在你们妈妈之前 我曾经和别的女人订过婚 |
[02:46] | – You’re so hosed. – Hosed, hosed. | -你死定了 -死定了 死定了 |
[02:48] | I am not hos– turn that off! | 我没有死定 关掉 |
[02:50] | I am not hosed. | 我没有死定了 |
[02:51] | Nobody’s getting hosed. | 没人会死 |
[02:53] | Your mom knows about the engagement. | 你们妈妈知道订婚的事 |
[02:56] | Oh, and she knows all about the love letters? | 她知道这些情书吗 |
[02:58] | Of course she knows! | 她当然知道 |
[03:01] | She knows. | 她知道 |
[03:03] | Come on, kids, give me the box! | 别这样 孩子们 把盒子给我 |
[03:05] | I wish I had a secret family! | 我真希望背着你们还有一个家 |
[03:07] | I’m so hosed. | 我死定了 |
[03:24] | October 4th, 1980-something– | 一九八几年的10月4日 |
[03:26] | The day my dad’s old love letters went public. | 那天我爸的旧情书昭告天下了 |
[03:29] | Bevy, before you say anything, | 贝弗 你先听我说 |
[03:31] | just know that I thought I threw this box out years ago | 我以为多年前阿妮塔把信寄回给我时 |
[03:34] | when Anita sent it back to me, | 我就已经把盒子扔掉了 |
[03:36] | and it–it means nothing. | 这些信完全没意义 |
[03:39] | My father had crossed a line. | 我父亲跨过了底限 |
[03:42] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[03:43] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 不好意思 不好意思 |
[03:45] | I thought I could keep a straight face, but I can’t. | 我以为我能板着脸 但我做不到 |
[03:48] | So you’re not mad at me? | 你不生我的气吗 |
[03:49] | No, I’m worried. How are your loins? | 不 我担心你 你的腰还好吗 |
[03:52] | Have they stopped burning? | 停止燃烧了吗 |
[03:54] | Is your heart still a flutter? | 你的心依然怦怦乱跳吗 |
[03:56] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:56] | – Adorable. – Yeah. | -好可爱 -是啊 |
[03:58] | Oh, no, no, no. | 不是吧 |
[03:59] | So you’re not even a little bit jealous? | 你一点也不吃醋吗 |
[04:02] | Please. I won. | 拜托 我赢了 |
[04:04] | I bagged my moose. | 这只胖驼鹿是我的猎物 |
[04:06] | You see? She doesn’t give a crap. | 你瞧 她根本不在乎 |
[04:08] | That’s what a strong marriage is– | 恩爱的夫妻就是这样 |
[04:10] | Mutual not-giving-a-crap. | 互相对这种小事不在乎 |
[04:13] | See? Not hosed. | 瞧 我没死 |
[04:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:16] | We’ve had a good laugh. Time to chuck ’em. | 笑也笑够了 是时候扔掉了 |
[04:18] | Chuck ’em? I can’t even put ’em down. | 扔掉 我都舍不得放下不看 |
[04:21] | I mean, dad used to be… Pretty romantic. | 爸以前 相当浪漫啊 |
[04:24] | Oh, he’s still plenty romantic with me. | 他对我也依然够浪漫 |
[04:28] | Yuck. | 恶心 |
[04:29] | And how is dad romantic? | 爸怎么个浪漫法 |
[04:31] | For the last two years, he forgot your anniversary. | 过去两年 他都忘了结婚纪念日 |
[04:33] | In his defense, I didn’t remind him enough. | 我帮他说句话 是我提醒得不够 |
[04:36] | But he writes romantic stuff to me all the time. | 但他总是给我写浪漫的内容 |
[04:40] | Look. Here’s my birthday card. | 看 这是我的生日卡 |
[04:45] | “X.O.X.O. Murray.” | X.O.X.O. 默里 |
[04:48] | Well, the x’s are for kisses, | X代表亲吻 |
[04:50] | and the o’s for hugs. | O代表拥抱 |
[04:54] | And “Murray”… | 默里 |
[04:56] | Is who it’s from. | 是送卡人 |
[04:58] | Doesn’t matter what he writes. | 他写什么并不重要 |
[05:00] | We are more in love than ever. | 我们非常相爱 |
[05:02] | Don’t you at least wanna see what she looks like? | 你都不想看看她长什么样子吗 |
[05:05] | I’ve gone 20 years | 过去20年 |
[05:06] | without needing to know what she looks like. | 我都不需要知道她长什么样 |
[05:08] | I’m not gonna start now. | 现在也不需要 |
[05:12] | Oh, plus where would you even get a picture, | 再说了 到哪里去找照片 |
[05:15] | you know, if someone wanted to see a picture? | 就算有人想看照片 |
[05:17] | Where would you find it? I don’t know. | 去哪里找呢 我不知道 |
[05:19] | They’d probably have an engagement announcement in the paper. | 他们可能在报上登了订婚公告 |
[05:21] | I mean, if you really wanted to look, | 如果你真的想看 |
[05:23] | you could probably just go to the library and dig it up. | 可以去图书馆查 |
[05:26] | I don’t need to see it. | 我不需要看 |
[05:28] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[05:29] | But if you would feel better seeing it, | 但如果你看了心里会舒服些 |
[05:30] | fine, we’ll go to the library. Jeez. | 好的 我们去图书馆 要不要这么激动 |
[05:33] | While my mom was feeling insecure, | 我妈没安全感时 |
[05:35] | I was feeing damn good. I had a plan. | 我的感觉非常好 我有计划 |
[05:37] | Dana Caldwell would see me cooly tinkering with my bike | 戴娜·考德威尔会看到我在很酷地修车 |
[05:40] | and ask me to go for a ride, and then we would get married! | 然后邀请我一起骑车 然后我们就会结婚了 |
[05:47] | It was now or never. Time for my “A” game. | 机不可失 是时候实施大计划了 |
[05:50] | Bicycles, right? | 自行车啊 |
[05:52] | Bicycles. | 自行车 |
[05:53] | Nope. | 想得美 |
[05:54] | Do you know how to fix them? | 你会修车吗 |
[05:57] | Well… My bike chain’s all messed up. | 我车的链条有问题 |
[05:59] | Maybe you could take a look? | 你帮我看看好吗 |
[06:02] | Yeah, I can… I can take a quick look-see. | 我可以 我可以很快地”瞧看”下 |
[06:06] | Chain. Chain. | 链条 链条 |
[06:13] | Wait. Is this one of those Soviet bikes? | 等等 这是苏联产的自行车吗 |
[06:15] | ‘Cause I only deal with American equipment. | 我只懂美国设备 |
[06:18] | – Huh? – U.S.A.! | -什么 -美利坚 |
[06:20] | Maybe I’ll just have my dad fix it. | 我还是叫我爸修吧 |
[06:22] | Makes sense. Keep it in the family. | 有道理 我和你爸谁修都一样 |
[06:28] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[06:31] | Are you crying? | 你在哭吗 |
[06:32] | No. | 没有 |
[06:33] | Good talking. | 和你聊天很开心 |
[06:37] | My plan was a complete bust. | 我的计划彻底失败了 |
[06:39] | I only had one option left–call in the big guns. | 我只有一个选择了 呼叫强力后援 |
[06:43] | So what happened to “I’m 12. I gotta go it alone”? | 你不是说你12岁了 要开始单干吗 |
[06:47] | That didn’t work out so great. | 结果不太好 |
[06:49] | Well, you’re safe now. Love’s my business, | 你现在没事了 爱情是我的专长 |
[06:52] | and business is booming. | 专长中的强项 |
[06:54] | So what do we got? | 现在什么情况 |
[06:56] | Okay. Her name’s Dana. She’s 13, lives down the block. | 她叫戴娜 13岁 住在这条街上 |
[07:00] | She smells like fruity pebbles. | 她的味道像果味麦圈 |
[07:04] | Why are you asking pops for help | 你为什么要让老爷子帮你 |
[07:06] | when you got all the resources you need right here? | 却放着我这个爱情专家不请教 |
[07:08] | You don’t know anything about girls. | 你根本不懂女生的事 |
[07:09] | I know a ton. I’ve go super hot girlfriend. | 我知道的可多了 我有个超级漂亮的女友 |
[07:13] | Yeah, from Canada that no one’s ever seen. | 对 在加拿大 没人见过 |
[07:15] | ‘Cause I met her at camp, ya sausage gobbler. | 我和她是露营时认识的 你这个乌鸦嘴 |
[07:18] | You couldn’t come up with something a little more original? | 你能不能编出一个有点原创性的故事 |
[07:21] | I mean, a fake girlfriend… In Canada? | 一个假女友 在加拿大 |
[07:24] | Hey! There’s nothing fake about her except her boobs! | 喂 她这个人只有咪咪是假的 |
[07:27] | Yep, they’re huge and real… But they’re also fake. | 对 咪咪很大很真 但是假的 |
[07:32] | You know what? I don’t have to explain it to you. | 知道吗 我懒得跟你废话 |
[07:33] | I’m outta here. | 我走了 |
[07:37] | Her breasts sound very complicated. | 她的胸部听起来好复杂 |
[07:40] | So where are we at with this Dana girl? | 你和这个戴娜 现在是什么情况了 |
[07:42] | Well, I’ve been secretly following her around for two weeks. | 我已经偷偷地跟了她两周了 |
[07:45] | Creating a sense of mystery. | 创造一种神秘感 |
[07:47] | And today I broke her bicycle. | 今天我弄坏了她的自行车 |
[07:49] | Good. You made a memorable first impression. | 很好 你给她留下了难忘的第一印象 |
[07:52] | And I kinda cried in front of her. | 我在她面前哭了 |
[07:54] | Some women like a sensitive man. | 有些女生喜欢多愁善感的男生 |
[07:56] | You think? | 真的吗 |
[07:57] | You can’t help him, pops. He’s un-help-able. | 你帮不了他 老爷子 他属于朽木类型 |
[08:01] | He’ll never get a girlfriend even half as hot as mine. | 他永远找不到有我女友一半漂亮的女生 |
[08:03] | Oh, yeah? What’s her name? Tell me right now. Go. | 是吗 她叫什么 现在就说 |
[08:06] | Marion Lemieux. | 玛丽安·勒米厄 |
[08:07] | Marion Lemieux? | 玛丽安·勒米厄 |
[08:08] | Like Mario Lemieux, the hockey player? | 根据马里奥·勒米厄编的吧 那个冰球选手 |
[08:10] | Yeah! It’s a common last name in Canada, | 她就姓这个 这个姓在加拿大很常见 |
[08:13] | like “Smith” or “Jones.” | 和史密斯或琼斯一样 |
[08:15] | I was trying to be nice to you, but forget it. | 我只是想好心帮你 算了吧 |
[08:17] | I’m outta here. | 我走了 |
[08:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[08:21] | Your next move with Dana is important. | 追戴娜接下来的一步很重要 |
[08:23] | You gotta go for it. | 你得全力投入 |
[08:25] | Make a big gesture– | 惊天动地来一下 |
[08:26] | Something that’ll show her exactly how you feel. | 要让她明白你的感觉 |
[08:31] | Waste of time. | 浪费时间 |
[08:32] | Here we go. | 有完没完 |
[08:33] | This nerd has no clue with the ladies. | 这个呆子根本不懂女生 |
[08:35] | Yeah? Let’s call Marion right now. | 是吗 我们现在就给玛丽安打电话 |
[08:37] | Think I won’t? ’cause I will. | 你以为我不会吗 我会的 |
[08:39] | That’s what I’m asking you to do. | 我就是要你这样做 |
[08:41] | I don’t need this! I’m outta here. | 我干嘛受这个气 我走了 |
[08:59] | Meanwhile, my mom and Erica were using | 与此同时 我妈和爱丽卡 |
[09:01] | the most cutting edge technology | 利用最尖端的科技 |
[09:02] | to track down a photo of Anita. | 追查阿妮塔的照片 |
[09:04] | Mom. | 妈 |
[09:05] | It was called microfiche. | 这项科技叫做缩微胶片 |
[09:08] | Move. | 让开 |
[09:10] | Oh my god. | 我的天 |
[09:12] | It’s amazing. It only took us two hours to find it. | 太了不起了 只花了两小时就找到了 |
[09:15] | Hey, not bad, dad. | 不差嘛 老爸 |
[09:17] | Okay, Erica, you saw her. | 爱丽卡 你看到她了 |
[09:18] | Now you can move on with your life. | 你可以继续你的生活了 |
[09:22] | Wait a minute. | 慢着 |
[09:25] | How do you… | 怎么样… |
[09:27] | What? | 什么事 |
[09:27] | – Make it bigger? – Well, okay, just… | -放大照片 -好的 就这样 |
[09:29] | – Make the picture bigger. – Okay, here. | -放大照片 -好的 这里 |
[09:31] | Where’s the knob to make it a bigger picture? | 哪个按钮能放大照片 |
[09:33] | – Mom, god! That’s as big as it goes. – Okay, okay. | -妈 我的天 已经最大了 -好了好了 |
[09:36] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[09:40] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[09:42] | As always, my mom took the bad news | 和平时一样 我妈接受坏消息的态度是 |
[09:44] | with grace and dignity. | 优雅而高贵的 |
[09:47] | My ring. | 我的戒指 |
[09:53] | Bevy! | 贝弗 |
[09:55] | What a day! What a day! | 今天真不错 今天真不错 |
[09:59] | Sold six couches! | 卖了六张沙发 |
[10:01] | Your man is on fire. | 你的老公太厉害了 |
[10:04] | By sheer chance, my dad was in a rare good mood that night. | 纯属偶然 我爸那晚难得的好心情 |
[10:08] | Unfortunately, my mom was not. | 遗憾的是 我妈心情不好 |
[10:10] | What’s happening? | 出什么事了 |
[10:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:15] | Take a load off. | 坐下休息吧 |
[10:16] | Well, I usually take a load off right there. | 我通常在那里坐下休息 |
[10:19] | But I’ll put my load right here. | 我就在这里休息好了 |
[10:23] | What do you… | 什么事 |
[10:24] | Is there anything you wanna tell me about this ring? | 关于这枚戒指 你有没有什么话要对我说 |
[10:28] | It’s a symbol of our love? | 我们爱情的象征 |
[10:30] | Yes, that’s very true. | 完全正确 |
[10:32] | But, uh, tell me about that. | 但是 跟我说说 |
[10:34] | What made you pick this exact ring for me? | 你为什么要选这枚戒指给我 |
[10:39] | When I saw it, it spoke to me. | 我看它时 它在跟我说话 |
[10:42] | What did it say? | 它说了什么 |
[10:44] | “I’m a pretty ring. | 我是漂亮的戒指 |
[10:47] | Buy me.” | 买下我吧 |
[10:49] | “Buy me” for who? | 为谁”买下我” |
[10:50] | Oh, boy. | 我的天 |
[10:52] | How could you give me her ring? | 你怎么能把送她的戒指给我 |
[10:54] | What do you think I’m made of, diamonds? | 你以为我是产钻石的吗 |
[10:56] | I… You can’t just return these! | 我… 这个是退不了的 |
[10:59] | Okay, well, I have no problem returning this one. | 好吧 退给你我没意见 |
[11:02] | Wait. Bevy! | 等等 贝弗 |
[11:04] | Let’s talk about this. Listen. | 我们谈谈 听我说 |
[11:06] | If it’ll make you feel any better, | 如果能让你好受些 |
[11:09] | I will get you a new ring. | 我会给你买一枚新的戒指 |
[11:12] | Great. Get me a new ring. | 很好 给我买新戒指 |
[11:14] | What?! You can’t say that. | 什么 你不能这样说 |
[11:16] | Why would I get you a new ring?! | 我为什么要给你买新戒指 |
[11:18] | It was your idea! | 这是你自己的主意 |
[11:19] | Yeah, but I’m filled with terrible ideas! | 是 但我只会出馊主意 |
[11:21] | I gave you a used ring, for god sake. | 老天爷 我可是给了你一枚二手戒指 |
[11:24] | Wow, Murray, you are so romantic! | 默里 你太浪漫了 |
[11:27] | Fine! I’ll get you a new ring! | 好 我给你买新戒指 |
[11:29] | Fine! | 好 |
[11:30] | – Fine! – Fine! | -好 -好 |
[11:31] | Fine! | 好 |
[11:33] | While my parents were calmly working out their problems, | 我父母”平静地”解决他们的问题时 |
[11:36] | I’d finally come up with a solution | 我终于想到了办法 |
[11:38] | to my problems with Dana. | 解决我和戴娜的问题 |
[11:40] | Let’s do this, Lloyd. | 勇往直前 劳埃德 |
[11:42] | I’d use my favorite romantic movie, | 我借鉴了我最喜欢的爱情电影 |
[11:44] | “Say anything…” | 《情到深处》的桥段 |
[11:45] | to win Dana’s heart. | 去赢得戴娜的心 |
[12:04] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:05] | Oh, crap! I thought this was your sister’s room. | 见鬼 我以为这是你妹妹的房间 |
[12:08] | Well, it’s not. | 不是的 |
[12:10] | Can you tell Dana I’m… Here? | 你能告诉戴娜我来了吗 |
[12:12] | Mm, no. This is kind of a creepy thing to do, bro. | 不 你做的事让人毛骨悚然 小兄弟 |
[12:16] | What the hell’s going on out here? | 你在搞什么鬼 |
[12:18] | Nothing, sir. Go back to bed. | 没什么 先生 您继续睡觉去吧 |
[12:20] | Some weird kid’s here for Dana. | 有个奇怪的小子来找戴娜 |
[12:23] | Adam? What are you doing? | 亚当 你在做什么 |
[12:25] | Adam? This is the kid who broke your bike? | 亚当 弄坏你自行车的就是他吗 |
[12:27] | – Yeah. – Not cool, man. | -是的 -太不厚道了 兄弟 |
[12:31] | You have a lovely home. | 你的家很漂亮 |
[12:36] | Pleasure meeting you! | 很高兴见到你 |
[12:39] | Calm down, kiddo. | 冷静 孩子 |
[12:40] | – We can fix this. – We can’t! | -这问题能解决 -不行 |
[12:43] | I serenaded her brother, I dropped my boombox, | 我为她哥放小夜曲 我掉了录音机 |
[12:46] | and I soaked my Lloyd Dobler coat. | 劳埃德·杜布勒的外套也打湿了 |
[12:48] | I understood none of that. Did you take my advice? | 我一句也没明白 你接受了我的建议吗 |
[12:50] | Yes. A big gesture. | 接受了 惊天动地 |
[12:52] | I stood outside her window and blasted music at her. | 我站在她的窗户下 冲她猛放音乐 |
[12:55] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么这样做 |
[12:56] | You told me to! | 你教我的 |
[12:57] | I meant take her out for a milkshake. | 我意思是叫你带她去喝奶昔 |
[13:00] | How is a milkshake a big gesture?! | 喝奶昔算什么惊天动地 |
[13:02] | For you, it’s big. | 对你来说算 |
[13:03] | You should have been more specific! | 你应该说得更具体一些 |
[13:05] | Wait. Don’t go, kiddo. We can just regroup. | 别走 孩子 我们可以再来 |
[13:08] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[13:09] | The movies lie. None of it’s real! | 爱情片都在说谎 没一部是真的 |
[13:11] | Love isn’t real. | 爱情也不是真的 |
[13:13] | Tell that to my girlfriend. | 跟我女友说去 |
[13:14] | She’s not real! | 她不是真的 |
[13:22] | All right, let’s get this over with. | 好吧 早买早完事 |
[13:24] | One ring, please. | 请给我一枚戒指 |
[13:26] | Of course. Do you have anything in particular in mind? | 好的 请问你有没有特别喜欢的 |
[13:29] | Don’t look at me. Just pick something that speaks to you. | 别看着我 挑一枚跟你说话的就行 |
[13:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:34] | All right, uh, this one’s talking up a storm. | 好吧 这个不停在说 |
[13:36] | How much is it? | 多少钱 |
[13:37] | That one is $5,000. | 五千块 |
[13:39] | Is that the one I pointed to? | 我指的是它吗 |
[13:40] | You pointed at that one, yeah. | 指的就是它 |
[13:41] | It just stopped speaking to me. | 它没跟我说话了 |
[13:43] | – Stopped completely. – Oh, really? | -没再说了 -是吗 |
[13:44] | – Yeah. – Is that because I’m not worth the money? | -是的 -我不值这个价钱吗 |
[13:46] | No, no, no, no, no. Don’t do that, Bev. | 不不 别这样 贝弗 |
[13:48] | Don’t–don’t do that. | 别这样 |
[13:48] | Really? How much am I worth to you? | 是吗 你觉得我值多少钱 |
[13:50] | I cannot put a price on love. | 我不能为爱情标价 |
[13:53] | I can. Uh, how much is this ring worth? | 我可以 这枚戒指值多少钱 |
[13:56] | Oh. Very nice. | 真漂亮 |
[13:59] | Yes, excellent cut. Beautiful clarity. | 切割精细 净度好纯 |
[14:01] | You must really love this lady. | 你一定很爱这位女士 |
[14:03] | It used to belong to his ex-fiance, | 戒指是他的前未婚妻 |
[14:05] | – Anita. – Oh, add that story. | -阿妮塔的 -还得补充说明 |
[14:06] | – And he re-gifted it to me. – All right, do that. | -他又转送给我了 -好吧 说吧 |
[14:08] | Yeah, and he used to write her | 他以前给她写了 |
[14:10] | – lots of love letters and poems. – Oh, yeah, tell him–yeah. | -很多的情书和情诗 -都告诉他吧 |
[14:12] | How many do you think he’s written to me? | 你觉得他给我写了多少 |
[14:15] | Um… I’m gonna guess it’s a… Low number. | 我猜数字不大 |
[14:19] | – Zero. – That’s very low. | -零 -太小了 |
[14:21] | – Yeah. – Okay. That’s because | -没错 -好了 那是因为 |
[14:23] | Anita needed love letters and all that crap all day long. | 阿妮塔整天就需要情书废话什么的 |
[14:26] | It’s why we broke up. | 所以我们才分手 |
[14:28] | That’s all I was doing, was writing letters. | 我一天到晚就是在给她写信 |
[14:29] | I didn’t get to watch any tv. | 连电视都看不了 |
[14:31] | Oh, listen to this guy. | 听他说的 |
[14:32] | He thinks I don’t need love letters. | 他觉得我不需要情书 |
[14:34] | That’s why I chose you. | 所以我才选择你 |
[14:36] | You don’t need any of that romantic junk. | 你不需要什么浪漫把戏 |
[14:37] | Oh, that’s right. Just give ol’ Bev | 没错 给贝弗 |
[14:40] | a hallmark card and a used ring. | 贺卡和二手戒指就行了 |
[14:43] | All right, you know what? | 好吧 知道吗 |
[14:44] | We’re gonna get you the $5,000 ring, | 我给你买五千块的戒指 |
[14:47] | and you can be the one who tells Adam | 你可以告诉亚当 |
[14:48] | that his teeth are gonna be crooked for the | 没钱箍牙 他只能守着一口不整齐的牙 |
[14:50] | rest of his life. | 过一辈子 |
[14:51] | Great. That’s exactly what I want–a spite ring. | 很好 我就要这个 怨气戒指 |
[14:53] | Great, because that’s what you’re getting. | 很好 因为你会得到这个 |
[14:55] | Oh. Okay, my friend, we are buying the ring. | 好了 朋友 戒指我们买了 |
[14:58] | I’d like you to ring it up, | 你刷卡吧 |
[15:00] | because we are buying it! | 因为我们买了 |
[15:03] | All right. | 好的 |
[15:10] | I don’t know what to do here. | 我不知道怎么做好 |
[15:11] | You heard the man. Ring it up. | 他说了 你刷卡 |
[15:14] | All right, but just so you know, | 好的 我要说一下 |
[15:16] | we have a strict no return policy. | 售出概不退货 |
[15:18] | Ring… It… Up. | 你刷卡 |
[15:34] | In most houses, a dinner this quiet was normal, | 在大多数家庭 如此安静的晚餐是正常的 |
[15:37] | but in our house, no yelling | 但在我家 没有大吼大叫 |
[15:39] | meant something very bad was going down. | 就意味着发生了非常坏的事情 |
[15:43] | What’s happening? | 出什么事了 |
[15:47] | Dad bought mom a spite ring, | 爸给妈买了枚怨气戒指 |
[15:49] | and now she’s wearing the spite ring to spite him. | 现在她戴着怨气戒指让他有怨气 |
[15:53] | Lot of love problems around here. | 家里的爱情问题太多了 |
[15:56] | Not Barry. | 巴瑞没有 |
[15:57] | I keep my lady satisfied. | 我能让我的女人满足 |
[16:00] | Dude… | 兄弟 |
[16:01] | I was at camp with you. | 我和你一起去露营的 |
[16:03] | There’s no girl named Marion Lemieux. | 根本没有叫玛丽安·勒米厄的女生 |
[16:05] | She was in the large-chested foxy girl bunk, | 她在大胸美女区 |
[16:07] | and you were in the annoying sister bunk, | 你在讨人厌姐姐区 |
[16:10] | so you probably never crossed paths. | 你们可能根本没碰到 |
[16:12] | Really? ’cause I thought you were in the large-chested girl bunk. | 是吗 我以为你住在大胸美女区 |
[16:17] | Original. | 原创 |
[16:18] | Adam! Dinner’s almost over! | 亚当 晚餐快吃完了 |
[16:21] | Come on! Get out of the stupid tree! | 快点 从这棵破树上下来 |
[16:24] | I’m not hungry! Go away. | 我不饿 走开 |
[16:33] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[16:34] | I just wanna be alone, okay? | 我只想一个人 行吗 |
[16:36] | Like how I’ll be for the rest of my life. | 我这辈子只会是一个人了 |
[16:38] | What are you talking about? You’re 10 years old. | 你在说什么 你才10岁 |
[16:40] | I’m 12. And… | 我12了 而且 |
[16:43] | I really screwed things up with a girl. | 我把和一个女生的关系完全搞砸了 |
[16:45] | Yeah? Tell me about it. | 我懂[跟我说说] |
[16:47] | Well, her name’s Dana– | 她叫戴娜 |
[16:48] | No, I didn’t mean “tell me about it” | 不 我不是叫你跟我说 |
[16:50] | “Tell me about it.” I meant, I screwed up | 我是说我懂 我也搞砸了 |
[16:53] | with a girl, too. Oh! My gosh. | 和一个女生的关系 我的天 |
[16:55] | So is the girl mom? | 这个女生是妈妈吗 |
[16:58] | Yes, it’s mom! | 当然是你妈妈 |
[16:59] | Your mother seems to think that I don’t show her | 你妈妈似乎觉得 我对她的爱 |
[17:02] | that I care about her enough. | 表现得不够 |
[17:03] | I show her all the time, | 我总是表现出来了 |
[17:05] | just not in big ways, but in little ways– | 不是惊天动地那种 都是细微的琐碎处 |
[17:08] | You know, ways that she doesn’t notice, | 以她注意不到的方式 |
[17:11] | not like a box of love letters. | 没有一盒情书那么明显 |
[17:13] | There’s no record of the stuff that I do. | 我做的事 没有记录 |
[17:16] | You know, maybe there is. | 也许有 |
[17:18] | – There isn’t. – What if there were? | -没有 -如果有呢 |
[17:20] | – There’s not. – Dad, I’m saying I have an idea. | -没有 -爸 我是说我有主意 |
[17:24] | My dad may not have been able to say | 我爸也许无法说出 |
[17:26] | how he felt about my mom, | 他爱我妈妈有多深 |
[17:28] | but luckily, I recorded a bunch of ways that showed it. | 但幸运的是 我录下了他表现爱的方式 |
[18:26] | Turns out the most romantic movie of the ’80s | 原来八十年代最浪漫的电影 |
[18:29] | was the one that I made with my dad. | 是我拍 我爸主演的 |
[18:31] | I hate my new ring. I’m gonna take it back tomorrow. | 我讨厌我的新戒指 我明天就退回去 |
[18:34] | But the man said no returns. | 但那个人说了不能退货 |
[18:37] | I’ll guilt him into it. | 我会让他内疚到退的 |
[18:40] | It’s what I do. | 这是我的专长 |
[18:44] | It was the first time we ever saw them kiss, | 这是我们第一次看他们亲吻 |
[18:47] | and it was gross. | 好恶心 |
[18:49] | But I started to believein love again. | 但我又开始相信爱情了 |
[18:51] | I mean, it was complicated as hell, but it was real. | 爱情有够复杂 但却是真实的 |
[18:55] | Maybe those romantic movies weren’t so far off after all. | 也许那些爱情电影并没有那么远离生活 |
[19:17] | Me? | 我吗 |
[19:18] | Yeah, you. | 就是你 |
[19:30] | You… Left this on our lawn. | 你把这个留在了我家草坪上 |
[19:33] | Yeah, I… | 是 |
[19:34] | I did. I’m sorry. | 是我 对不起 |
[19:40] | The other night was… Weird. | 那天晚上 很奇怪 |
[19:46] | You know, my dad told me not to talk to you anymore. | 我爸教我别再理你了 |
[19:49] | I-I get it. | 我明白 |
[19:51] | Too bad I never listen to my dad. | 只可惜我从来不听我爸的话 |
[19:59] | Wanna go for a ride? | 要骑车吗 |
[20:05] | Just like I told him– | 和我告诉他的一样 |
[20:07] | go big or go home. | 要么惊天动地 要么打道回府 |
[20:10] | Yeah. Think you can help me out with some girl stuff? | 是啊 你可以帮我解决一些爱情问题吗 |
[20:14] | Oh. What happened to miss Canada? | 你的加拿大女友怎么了 |
[20:17] | Long distance. It’s– it’s killing us. | 异地恋 要人的命 |
[20:19] | We never talk, and when we do, we fight. | 我们没机会说话 一说就吵 |
[20:21] | She’s not real. | 她不是真的 |
[20:37] | There goes the fluffage, different directions. | 有些毛毛的 各种方向 |
[20:39] | Is that like a bald spot? | 像是秃斑吗 |
[20:40] | Yeah, yeah, we do have a bald spot there. | 对 就是秃斑 |
[20:51] | Murray! | 默里 |
[20:54] | What?! | 什么事 |
[20:55] | Murray! | 默里 |
[20:57] | What?! | 什么事 |
[21:01] | Murray! | 默里 |
[21:04] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[21:06] | Murray! | 默里 |
[21:06] | What? | 什么事 |
[21:08] | Murray! | 默里 |
[21:09] | What? Wh– | 什么事 |
[21:10] | Murray! | 默里 |
[21:11] | Well, where are you?! | 你在哪里 |
[21:12] | Murray, M-murray! | 默里 默里 |
[21:13] | What?! | 出什么事了 |
[21:15] | Murray! | 默里 |
[21:16] | What do you want from me, woman?! | 你想要我怎么样 老婆大人 |
[21:19] | Technology. | 高科技 |
[21:20] | I know. I love this thing. | 就是啊 我好喜欢这个 |
[21:23] | I see you! | 我看到你了 |
[21:27] | What’d you break?! | 你打烂了什么 |