时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Growing up in the ’80s, | 在八十年代长大 |
[00:06] | I didn’t just love movies– I lived them. | 我不仅是爱电影 我是活在电影里 |
[00:10] | Maybe a little too much. | 也许有点过了 |
[00:14] | Hey, little buddy. | 小兄弟 |
[00:16] | Hey, Barry. You want to be in my movie? | 巴瑞 你想参演我的电影吗 |
[00:17] | I’d love nothing more. | 我太愿意了 |
[00:19] | Okay, so I’m inside the game grid, | 我在游戏网格里 |
[00:20] | and I have these identity discs, and you’re gonna… | 我有些身份磁盘 你要… |
[00:24] | That’s a wrap, nerd. | 收工了 呆子 |
[00:28] | I had no kids on my street to play with, | 街坊里没有孩子和我一起玩 |
[00:30] | and my older siblings weren’t exactly interested | 我的哥哥姐姐对我的爱好 |
[00:33] | in my hobbies. | 一点兴趣也没有 |
[00:35] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[00:36] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[00:37] | Whatcha up to? | 做什么呢 |
[00:38] | Nothin’. | 没什么 |
[00:39] | ‘Cause it looks like you were filming yourself | 看起来你在拍摄自己骑着 |
[00:42] | on a “Tron” light cycle escaping the game grid. | 电子世界争霸战炫光摩托逃离游戏网格 |
[00:44] | You’ve seen “Tron.” | 你看过《电子世界争霸战》 |
[00:45] | 16 times. | 看了十六遍 |
[00:46] | My mom’s actually kinda worried. | 我妈妈都开始担心了 |
[00:48] | Hi, I’m Adam. | 你好 我是亚当 |
[00:50] | I’m Chad… Kremp. | 我是查德·克伦普 |
[00:51] | We just moved in across the street. | 我们刚刚搬到对面 |
[00:53] | You wanna check out my light cycle? | 你想看看我的炫光摩托吗 |
[00:54] | Sure. Yeah. | 当然要 |
[00:55] | And just like that, I had a new neighbor and best friend. | 就是这样 我有了新的邻居和最好的朋友 |
[00:58] | Even though we had so much in common, | 尽管我们有许多共同点 |
[01:00] | our families couldn’t have been more different. | 但我们的家庭完全不同 |
[01:03] | The Kremps were soft-spoken… | 克伦普家说话轻声细语 |
[01:05] | Hi. Can chad play? | 你好 查德可以出来玩吗 |
[01:08] | Chad, honey, your friend is here. | 查德 亲爱的 你的朋友来了 |
[01:10] | And the Goldbergs liked to yell. | 金伯格一家喜欢大喊大叫 |
[01:12] | Hi. Can Adam play? | 你好 亚当可以出来玩吗 |
[01:14] | Adam! Get your ass down here! | 亚当 快给老娘下来 |
[01:17] | The Kremps owned a fancy flower shop… | 克伦普家开的是精致的花店 |
[01:19] | Here, Adam. | 给 亚当 |
[01:20] | Why don’t you take these home to your mother? | 把这些带回家送给你母亲吧 |
[01:22] | Why? | 为什么 |
[01:23] | The Goldbergs owned a discount furniture store. | 金伯格家开的是折扣家具店 |
[01:25] | Hey… Get off the furniture! | 喂 从沙发上下来 |
[01:28] | I gotta sell this crap. | 这些破东西还要卖掉的 |
[01:30] | This was a typical Saturday afternoon at the Kremps’… | 这是克伦普家典型的周六下午 |
[01:34] | Put a little pepper on that one, didn’t you, son? | 这球真是有力啊 儿子 |
[01:36] | I learned from the best. | 明师出高徒 |
[01:37] | Hey, lemonade for my home team. | 队员们来喝柠檬水 |
[01:39] | While a Saturday afternoon at the Goldbergs’ | 而金伯格家的周六下午 |
[01:41] | Looked more like this… | 是这个样子的 |
[01:42] | What the hell? Barry Goldberg, | 搞什么 巴瑞·金伯格 |
[01:43] | you get your butt out of that tree right now! | 赶紧给老娘从树上下来 |
[01:46] | What kind of moron gets stuck in a tree? | 什么样的白痴会被困在树上 |
[01:48] | Adam said I couldn’t climb this high. | 亚当说我爬不到这么高 |
[01:50] | – I showed him! – You sure did. | -我让他见识下 -那是肯定的 |
[01:52] | If you don’t come down right now, | 如果你现在不下来 |
[01:54] | I am gonna go get the hose! | 我就去拿水管了 |
[01:56] | You’re not gonna spray our son. | 你怎么能用水冲咱们的儿子 |
[01:57] | – Stop! – Erica– | -住手 -爱丽卡 |
[01:58] | Enough with the ball! | 别砸我了 |
[01:59] | The hose is the way to go. | 水管才管用 |
[02:01] | Um, he’s the idiot that got himself stuck up there. | 是他自己白痴 困在了树上 |
[02:03] | I’ll try and catch him– | 我会接住他的 |
[02:04] | Hey, neighbors! Hi! | 邻居们 你们好 |
[02:06] | We have got to get that barbecue on the books, don’t we? | 烧烤日子得定下来了 对吗 |
[02:09] | – Definitely. – That’d be great. | -当然了 -太好了 |
[02:11] | – He’s a moron! – He is! | -他是白痴 -没错 |
[02:13] | – Hi! – And that’s what you’d call “a Goldberg first impression.” | -你们好 -这就是金伯格家的第一印象 |
[02:31] | Long before cell phones, | 在手机出现之前 |
[02:32] | you only had one phone line… | 只有一条电话线可用 |
[02:34] | And it was the source of all problems. | 这是一切问题的来源 |
[02:36] | – Get off the phone. Get off the phone. – Hold on, Lainey. | -挂电话 挂电话 -等等 兰妮 |
[02:37] | – Get off the phone. – I’m talking! | -挂电话 -我正在讲电话呢 |
[02:39] | Go away, or I’ll punch you in the soft part of your skull. | 走开 否则我会打你脑壳上的软坑 |
[02:42] | Mom told you not to punch me there. | 老妈跟你说了不能打我那里 |
[02:44] | Now give me the phone. I got an important call to make. | 把电话给我 我有个重要电话要打 |
[02:46] | Really? What’s so important? | 是吗 什么这么重要 |
[02:48] | I gotta call Roger. | 我要打给罗杰 |
[02:49] | He borrowed my hockey stick, | 他把我的曲棍球棍借走了 |
[02:50] | and I found a hornet’s nest out back. | 我在外面发现了一个马蜂窝 |
[02:52] | Your life is so sad and simple. | 你的人生真是可怜又单纯 |
[02:54] | Go. | 走开 |
[02:55] | No. Get off the phone. | 不 挂电话 |
[02:57] | – Get off the phone. Get off the phone– – Hey, you know… | -挂电话 挂电话 -听我说 |
[02:59] | When I was your age, I was a radio man | 我在你们这么大的时候 是103步兵师的 |
[03:01] | with the 103rd, working with the French and the British. | 通讯兵 要跟法国人与英国人合作 |
[03:04] | We shared one line, | 我们只有一条线 |
[03:07] | and we still managed to win the war. | 但我们还是想办法打赢了那场仗 |
[03:09] | Can you please stop with these stories? | 您老别再讲这些老掉牙的事好吗 |
[03:11] | This is a real life situation here. | 现在说的是生活中正儿八经的事 |
[03:13] | Dad, we gotta get a second phone line. | 爸 我们得再装条电话线 |
[03:15] | Two phone lines? | 两条电话线 |
[03:16] | What does this look like– the White House? | 你当这是什么地方 白宫吗 |
[03:18] | A second line– is that even possible | 第二条线 这有可能吗 |
[03:21] | with all those wires crossing in and out? | 那些线进进出出的 |
[03:23] | Can they even do that? | 现在能够这样吗 |
[03:25] | While pops couldn’t understand how the phone worked, | 老爷子不明白现在的电话原理 |
[03:28] | my mom couldn’t understand why the Kremps | 我妈不明白 为什么克伦普一家 |
[03:30] | kept ducking her barbecue invitation. | 总是回避她的烧烤邀请 |
[03:32] | This is getting ridiculous. | 真是荒谬 |
[03:34] | I have been nothing but nice to the Kremps… | 我对克伦普一家这么客气 |
[03:36] | And they’re clearly blowing us off. | 他们显然是在拒绝我们 |
[03:38] | I mean, why would they want to avoid us? | 他们为什么想回避我们 |
[03:45] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[03:47] | What? | 什么 |
[03:48] | You heard me. What… Did you do? | 你听到了 你做了什么 |
[03:51] | I haven’t said a word to those people. | 我没跟他们说过话 |
[03:53] | Well, that’s the problem right there. | 这就是问题所在 |
[03:55] | You’re not friendly, you don’t say “Hi,” | 你不够友好 你不问好 |
[03:56] | You water the yard in your underpants. | 你穿着内裤浇院子 |
[03:58] | It’s disconcerting. | 影响多不好啊 |
[03:59] | It’s like you’re trying to drive people away. | 好像你刻意把别人吓得远远的 |
[04:01] | That’s because I am trying to drive people away. | 我的确是刻意把别人吓得远远的 |
[04:03] | Well, that is why you have no friends, Murray. | 所以你没有朋友 默里 |
[04:06] | I live in a house full of people | 家里人满为患 |
[04:07] | who won’t leave me the hell alone. | 而且都不愿让我清闲片刻 |
[04:09] | That’s all the friends I need. | 有这些朋友就够了 |
[04:11] | Well, you may not want friends, but I do. | 你不需要朋友 我需要 |
[04:14] | Go over there and apologize | 过去道歉 |
[04:15] | for being a pantsless grumpy pants. | 说你不该做个不穿裤子的暴躁鬼 |
[04:17] | I should apologize for being me? | 我要为做自己而道歉吗 |
[04:20] | Yes! | 是的 |
[04:24] | Hi. I’m, uh, Murray Goldberg from across the street. | 你好 我是住在对面的默里·金伯格 |
[04:28] | Just thought I’d come over and formally introduce myself. | 我想过来 正式自我介绍下 |
[04:32] | Charles Kremp. Pleasure to meet you. | 查尔斯·克伦普 很高兴认识你 |
[04:33] | – Come on in. – Oh, okay. Thank you. | -请进 -好的 谢谢 |
[04:35] | This place smells great! | 你家的味道真好闻 |
[04:38] | It’s the gardenias. | 栀子花的味道 |
[04:39] | It’s a perk of the job. I’m a florist. | 这是我工作的好处 我是开花店的 |
[04:42] | – Oh, how about that? – That’s right. | -这样啊 -没错 |
[04:44] | We have a-a flower spray that we keep in the bathroom. | 我家在洗手间里放了花香喷雾 |
[04:48] | It tries. | 还行 |
[04:50] | But the point is, | 不过重点是 |
[04:51] | I am here to invite you to a barbecue. | 我来邀请你去我家烧烤 |
[04:54] | Yes, that… That situation. | 是啊 关于这件事 |
[04:57] | So… It is a situation, huh? | 原来 真的有事啊 |
[05:00] | From now on, | 从现在开始 |
[05:01] | I will try and, uh, | 我会尽量 |
[05:04] | wear pants when I go outside. | 在家门外穿长裤 |
[05:07] | Try. | 尽量 |
[05:08] | To be honest, um… My–my wife Virginia– | 说实话 我妻子维吉尼亚 |
[05:12] | She can be a little sensitive, | 有些敏感 |
[05:14] | and, uh… | 而且 |
[05:18] | How to put this– your wife scares her. | 怎么说呢 你妻子让她害怕 |
[05:20] | What? | 什么 |
[05:24] | That day, my father finally got to do something | 那一天 我爸终于等到了机会 |
[05:27] | he had been waiting for since the day he got married– | 做从结婚那天开始 就一直想做的事 |
[05:30] | Be right! | 成为正确的一方 |
[05:31] | It’s you! | 是你 |
[05:33] | – What? – You heard me. | -什么 -你听到了 |
[05:34] | It’s not me that’s the problem. | 有问题的不是我 |
[05:36] | It’s you! | 是你 |
[05:38] | What did I do? | 我做了什么 |
[05:39] | Oh… You scare the woman. | 你吓坏了女主人 |
[05:41] | Scare her but good. | 吓得怕怕的 |
[05:42] | That is ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 |
[05:43] | I have never been anything but cordial to her. | 我对她一直热情友好 |
[05:46] | How can she not like me? | 她怎么会不喜欢我呢 |
[05:47] | You yell. Uh, you yell inside, you yell outside. | 你喜欢吼 家里吼 外面吼 |
[05:51] | And apparently, you climbed up on a garbage truck | 显然 你还爬上垃圾车 |
[05:55] | to yell at the garbage man. | 吼垃圾工 |
[05:56] | And he drove halfway down the block | 他开着车在街上跑了一半 |
[05:58] | with you hanging off the back. | 你就挂在车后面 |
[06:00] | And then he drove back and picked up our old sink. | 然后他开回来 收走了我们的旧水槽 |
[06:04] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:04] | Explain it any way you want to, Bevy. | 你想怎么解释都行 贝弗 |
[06:07] | That woman no likey you. | 那个女人 不喜欢你 |
[06:10] | But the idea of someone not liking my mom | 但有人不喜欢她的这个念头 在我妈心中 |
[06:13] | was not gonna fly. | 是挥之不去的 |
[06:14] | Beverly Goldberg prided herself on | 贝弗莉·金伯格自豪的一点就在于 |
[06:16] | being loved by all. | 人人都爱她 |
[06:18] | And she couldn’t have it any other way. | 她不能容忍有人不喜欢她 |
[06:22] | Whoo-hoo! Virginia! | 你好啊 维吉尼亚 |
[06:25] | She turned power walking into power stalking. | 她将竞走 变成了跟踪 |
[06:33] | I didn’t see you there. | 没看到你 |
[06:34] | Oh. I didn’t know you power walked. | 我不知道你也竞走啊 |
[06:37] | What a coincidence. | 太巧了 |
[06:38] | I do it every day. | 我每天都走 |
[06:40] | She didn’t. | 她没有 |
[06:41] | Well, I should… Keep moving. | 我要 继续走了 |
[06:44] | – I just hit my peak burn period. So– – Oh, good stuff, | -刚走到燃烧脂肪的距离 -非常好 |
[06:46] | good stuff. Listen… | 非常好 听我说 |
[06:48] | I feel like we got off on the wrong foot, | 我感觉咱们一开始处得不太好 |
[06:50] | and I know we’re gonna be great friends. | 我知道我们能成为非常好的朋友 |
[06:51] | So please, come over for a barbecue. | 拜托啦 到我家来烧烤 |
[06:55] | Sure. | 好的 |
[06:56] | Sure, I’ll let you know. | 好的 有时间就告诉你 |
[06:57] | Now? Okay, uh, how about Saturday? | 现在定吗 好的 周六如何 |
[07:00] | I think it’s supposed to rain on Saturday. | 周六会下雨 |
[07:01] | Great, Saturday it is. Mark it down. | 太好了 就周六了 记下来 |
[07:03] | You don’t have to bring anything | 你什么也不用带 |
[07:04] | except an open mind and four sides. | 带上开阔的心胸和四道配菜就行 |
[07:07] | No. Just one side, if you want. | 不 一道就行 如果你愿意的话 |
[07:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:12] | – I’m gonna keep moving. – Okay, I’ll lead. | -我要继续了 -好的 我带路 |
[07:14] | Oh! Aah! Cramp, cramp, cramp. | 痛 抽筋 抽筋 |
[07:17] | Okay, Saturday it is. Prepare to make some memories. | 说定周六了 准备留下美好回忆吧 |
[07:20] | While my mom was trying to make a connection | 我妈想和克伦普太太 |
[07:22] | with Mrs. Kremp… | 拉上关系时 |
[07:23] | My brother was hoping to make a connection of his own. | 我哥也想拉上他自己的关系 |
[07:26] | Hey, there, big boy. | 你好啊 大帅哥 |
[07:28] | You’ve reached 9-7-6-fox. | 你已经接通976狐媚专线 |
[07:31] | I’m glad you called. | 真高兴你打来电话 |
[07:33] | To speak with a hot girl in a car–press one. | 和车上美女通话 请按1 |
[07:36] | To speak with a nasty girl on a plane–press two. | 和飞机上的荡妇通话 请按2 |
[07:40] | What the… Hello? | 搞什么 喂 |
[07:41] | Hang up. | 挂掉 |
[07:43] | Hang up! | 挂掉 |
[07:44] | Hang up! | 挂掉 |
[07:45] | Seriously, you’re calling 9-7-6 numbers? | 你不是吧 居然打976的电话 |
[07:48] | That’s a personal call with a friend! | 这是和朋友的私人电话 |
[07:51] | Gimme that. | 给我 |
[07:52] | You’ve selected erotic boat ride. | 你选择了色情游河 |
[07:54] | Oh, man. | 老天 |
[07:56] | You are so busted. | 你死定了 |
[07:57] | Don’t tell dad, please? | 别告诉老爸 求你了 |
[07:59] | I’ll do anything. | 要我做什么都行 |
[08:01] | I’ll give you one week of uninterrupted phone time. | 我给你一周的不受打扰通话时间 |
[08:04] | Hmm, that’s hard to pass up. | 很难拒绝 |
[08:06] | Dad! Barry’s calling 9-7-6 numbers! | 爸 巴瑞打976电话 |
[08:10] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:11] | Those calls are like $5.99 a minute. | 那种电话一分钟要5块9毛9 |
[08:14] | The first two minutes are free, | 前两分钟不收费 |
[08:15] | and I never go beyond the second minute. | 我从来没超过两分钟 |
[08:17] | I use the timer from Boggle. | 我用的是拼字游戏里的计时器 |
[08:19] | It’s legit. | 那个很管用 |
[08:20] | Oh, you want legit? | 你要管用[守规矩] |
[08:22] | – No phone for a month! – What?! | -一个月不准打电话 -什么 |
[08:24] | – This is your fault! – How is it my fault that you want to | -全是你的错 -你要在船里快活 |
[08:27] | get frisky in a rowboat? | 怎么是我的错 |
[08:29] | That wasn’t the selection I was gonna make. | 那不是我要选的 |
[08:31] | Okay, now you’re in trouble. | 好了 现在你有麻烦了 |
[08:33] | Your son has been calling smut numbers. | 我儿子打色情电话 |
[08:36] | I don’t care. I have something very important to tell you. | 我不在乎 我有非常重要的事要宣布 |
[08:39] | The Kremps are coming over for a barbecue. | 克伦普一家要过来烧烤 |
[08:42] | Yes! That is big! | 太好了 好重要的事 |
[08:44] | Now let’s focus on this and not my thing. | 现在只管这事 别管我的了 |
[08:47] | Tell us more about this important barbecue. | 再多说说这次重要的烧烤 |
[08:49] | Wait, are we talking about all the Kremps here, | 克伦普全家都来吗 |
[08:51] | like, the boys, too– | 儿子们也过来吗 |
[08:53] | The one that’s Adam’s age, and the one that’s my age | 一个和亚当同龄 一个和我同龄 |
[08:54] | with sandy brown hair and blue eyes? | 棕发蓝眼的那个 |
[08:57] | You still want to have a barbecue with these people, | 那个女人那么怕你 你还要他们 |
[08:59] | even though that woman’s terrified of you? | 过来烧烤吗 |
[09:01] | Not anymore. | 不再怕了 |
[09:02] | I woke up early this morning, | 我今早醒来 |
[09:04] | followed her for 2 miles on foot, | 跟着她走了两英里 |
[09:06] | then chased her down and convinced her | 追到了她 说服她 |
[09:08] | there’s nothing scary about me. | 我根本没什么可怕的 |
[09:10] | Come on. I had nothing planned this weekend. | 拜托 这个周末我没安排 |
[09:13] | It was perfect. | 太完美了 |
[09:14] | Well, now you do. And you will be warm | 现在有安排了 你要热情 |
[09:16] | and inviting, and so help me god, | 好客 我拜托你 |
[09:19] | you better not fall asleep in front of these people. | 千万别在人家面前睡着了 |
[09:21] | Okay! Let’s get cookin’! | 好的 咱们来做菜啦 |
[09:24] | Off. Take it off. | 脱掉 脱掉 |
[09:26] | It’s an icebreaker… | 这可是打破冷场的好笑话 |
[09:28] | Sometimes more. | 有时功能还不止如此 |
[09:29] | Dad, these are good people. | 爸 人家是正经人家 |
[09:32] | We need to be on our best behavior. | 我们要举止得体 |
[09:33] | That means no dirty jokes, no limericks, no lewd comments. | 不能有黄段子 打油诗 下流话 |
[09:37] | This party sounds like a real drag. | 这次的派对听起来好没劲啊 |
[09:39] | As for the rest of you, | 你们其他人 |
[09:41] | no yelling, no cursing, no fighting. | 不准吼 不准骂 不准打 |
[09:44] | Mark my words. | 记住我的话 |
[09:46] | This will be the best backyard barbecue | 这次将是后院烧烤历史上 |
[09:48] | in the history… Of backyard barbecues. | 最成功的一次后院烧烤 |
[09:53] | Or not. | 或者不是 |
[09:54] | It was gonna be a very stormy weekend with the Kremps. | 那将是和克伦普家共度的一个暴风雨周末 |
[09:59] | Even though it rained during the big barbecue, | 虽然在盛大烧烤派对时下雨了 |
[10:01] | it didn’t stop me and Chad | 也没能阻止我和查德 |
[10:03] | from reciting “Empire Strikes Back” by heart. | 熟练地背诵《星球大战2:帝国反击战》 |
[10:05] | No, no, that’s not true. | 不 这不是真的 |
[10:07] | That’s impossible. | 这不可能 |
[10:10] | It also didn’t stop my sister from warming up to Drew Kremp, | 没能阻止我姐和德鲁·克伦普热络起来 |
[10:13] | or my dad from falling asleep, | 没能阻止我爸睡着 |
[10:15] | or my mom from trying to get Virginia | 也没能阻止我妈尽力让维吉尼亚 |
[10:17] | to warm up to her. | 和她热络起来 |
[10:18] | – I brought you some wine. – What?! | -我帮你拿了红酒 -什么 |
[10:20] | I brought you some wine. | 我帮你拿了红酒 |
[10:22] | I’m sorry. I can’t hear you. | 不好意思 我听不见 |
[10:23] | Oh, I’m sorry. I’m so naturally soft-spoken. | 不好意思 我这人天生说话太温柔了 |
[10:26] | I brought you some wine. | 我帮你拿了红酒 |
[10:27] | Okay, who needs dogs? | 好啦 谁要热狗 |
[10:31] | Thank you so much. Look– | 太感谢了 瞧啊 |
[10:33] | Oh, you warmed my buns. | 你连面包都烤热了[和屁股同词] |
[10:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:36] | I don’t know if I can handle all this meat. | 我不知道这么大一根我能不能吃得下去 |
[10:38] | Is she kidding me with this? | 她是在和我开玩笑吗 |
[10:40] | Just go. | 快走 |
[10:40] | No one was really enjoying themselves… | 没人真正开心 |
[10:43] | Except for Barry. | 除了巴瑞 |
[10:47] | Hello, sister. | 你好 姐姐 |
[10:48] | Perfect day for a barbecue, isn’t it? | 今天太适合烧烤了 对吗 |
[10:51] | No, weirdo. It’s pouring outside. | 才不是 怪胎 外面下着大雨 |
[10:53] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[10:54] | I meant, it’s a perfect day for revenge. | 我是说今天太适合报仇了 |
[10:57] | Drew Kremp is so delicious. | 德鲁·克伦普太可口了 |
[10:59] | I want to dunk him in a glass of milk and eat him up. | 我想把他在牛奶杯里蘸了后吃掉 |
[11:02] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[11:03] | You recorded my private phone call? | 你录下了我的私人电话 |
[11:05] | Funny… How I just happened to pick up | 很好笑 你打电话时 |
[11:07] | when you were on the phone. | 我恰好拿起了电话 |
[11:09] | Should I play the rest for the guests we’re entertaining? | 要我把剩下的部分放给贵客听吗 |
[11:11] | Okay, you win. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[11:12] | You can use the phone whenever you want, okay? | 你随时想用电话都行 |
[11:14] | Just please don’t play it, I’m begging you. | 别放出来 我求你了 |
[11:15] | Kind of like how I begged you not to tell dad, huh? | 有点像我之前求你不要告诉爸爸 |
[11:19] | Perchance, can you remind me how that turned out? | 你能不能提醒下我 那次结果如何 |
[11:21] | Will you stop talking like that and just give me the damn tape? | 别用这种口气和我说话 把磁带给我 |
[11:23] | – No. – Just give it– | -不 -给我 |
[11:24] | – Not giving it to you. – Stop it! | -不给你 -住手 |
[11:26] | You’re embarrassing yourself. | 你别给自己丢人了 |
[11:27] | – Give it– – Stop! | -给我 -住手 |
[11:28] | Stop! | 住手 |
[11:30] | I mean, doesn’t “Erica Kremp” sound perfect? | 爱丽卡·克伦普这个名字是不是特别好听 |
[11:33] | When we get married, we’re gonna ski | 我们结婚后 会去滑雪 |
[11:34] | and speak French all day and have super blonde kids. | 整天说法语 生出一头金发的孩子 |
[11:38] | – Oh, dear. – That… Was not the plan. | -我的天 -计划不是这样的 |
[11:42] | What was the plan? | 你的计划是什么 |
[11:43] | What was the plan?! | 你的计划是什么 |
[11:46] | Kids, enough! | 孩子们 别打了 |
[11:47] | This is so out of character for them. | 他们平时不是这样的 |
[11:49] | – Let me punch you! – Get off me! | -我要揍你 -放开我 |
[11:50] | Kids, I told you not to punch each other in the privates. | 孩子们 我说过不准打架的 |
[11:53] | No phone for either of you. | 你们两个都不准打电话了 |
[11:55] | Stop moving! | 别动 |
[11:57] | Eat it! | 受死吧 |
[11:58] | Murray, wake the up! | 默里 快…醒来 |
[12:04] | Well, you know, it’s– it’s getting late. | 有些晚了 |
[12:05] | We should probably head out. Okay. Bye-bye now. Good time. | 我们该回去了 再见啦 玩得很开心 |
[12:10] | A week went by, and I hadn’t seen Chad. | 过了一周 我一直没见到查德 |
[12:12] | Thankfully, pops was always there when I needed him. | 好在我有需要时 老爷子总是支持我 |
[12:15] | Okay, and we’re rolling. | 开始拍了 |
[12:16] | Action! | 开拍 |
[12:20] | What’s my first line? | 第一句台词是什么来着 |
[12:21] | Oh, come on, seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[12:22] | You got fruit punch on your suit? | 你衣服上溅上水果饮料了 |
[12:24] | Oh, it’s okay. | 没关系 |
[12:25] | I-I’ve given the character a lot of thought. | 关于这个角色 我想了很多 |
[12:28] | This robot loves fruit punch. | 这个机器人喜欢水果饮料 |
[12:30] | He’s a messy robot. | 他是个邋遢的机器人 |
[12:31] | I told you, you’re not a robot. | 我跟你说过 你不是机器人 |
[12:33] | You’re a program living inside a digital computer world. | 你是生活在数字电脑世界里的程序 |
[12:36] | Or… Instead of him going to a computer world, | 或者 他不去电脑世界 |
[12:41] | how about he goes to a juice world? | 去果汁世界怎么样 |
[12:43] | There’s no such thing as a juice world! | 根本就没有果汁世界 |
[12:45] | But computer worlds are real? | 电脑世界就是真的吗 |
[12:47] | Just go. | 走吧 |
[12:48] | I don’t know why a robot can’t like juice. | 我不明白为什么机器人不能喜欢果汁 |
[12:50] | Where’s Chad today? | 今天查德怎么没来 |
[12:52] | Uh… I-I don’t think he’s available. | 我想他来不了 |
[12:55] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[12:57] | His mom just said | 他妈妈说 |
[12:58] | we can’t play together for a while. | 这段时间我们不能在一起玩 |
[13:00] | What?! | 什么 |
[13:01] | The nerve of that woman. | 那个女人好大的胆子 |
[13:02] | I’m marching over there right now | 我现在就要冲过去 |
[13:04] | and giving her a piece of my mind. | 找她好好说道说道 |
[13:05] | No! Wait! Your mind is the part that scares her the most. | 慢着 你的说道 就是最让她害怕的地方 |
[13:09] | Promise me you won’t go over there. | 跟我保证你不会过去好吗 |
[13:11] | Please. You’ll just make it worse. | 求你了 你去只会雪上加霜 |
[13:13] | All right, love bug. | 好的 我的小可爱 |
[13:15] | I won’t go over there, I promise. | 我不会过去的 我保证 |
[13:17] | My mom was a woman of her word. | 我妈是个守信用的人 |
[13:20] | She didn’t march over there. | 她没有冲过去 |
[13:22] | Instead, she called. | 她打了电话 |
[13:24] | Hello. You’ve reached the Kremps. | 你好 你已接通克伦普家 |
[13:26] | Please leave a message and have a wonderful day. | 请留下口信 祝你今天愉快 |
[13:30] | Virginia, it’s Beverly Goldberg. Pick up. | 维吉尼亚 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 接电话 |
[13:34] | Oh, please, I see you lurking behind the curtain | 拜托 我看到你躲在窗帘后 |
[13:36] | like a weirdo in your own home. | 像是在自家的变态一样 |
[13:38] | Would you pick up the phone already? | 你接电话行吗 |
[13:39] | So sorry, I was just in the shower. | 对不起 我刚刚在冲澡 |
[13:41] | Cut the crap and tell me why Adam can’t play with Chad. | 少说废话 为什么亚当不能和查德玩 |
[13:44] | I’m sorry. Look, I just… | 对不起 我只是 |
[13:46] | Think that we have different styles– | 觉得我们有着不同的风格 |
[13:48] | Different ways of speaking | 在孩子面前 |
[13:51] | in front of our children, | 说话的方式不同 |
[13:52] | and just generally… | 总体来说 |
[13:54] | Different ways of being in the world. | 在这个世界上生活的方式不同 |
[13:58] | Fine. | 行 |
[13:59] | If Chad can’t play with Adam, | 如果查德不能和亚当玩 |
[14:01] | Adam can’t play with Chad. | 亚当也不能和查德玩 |
[14:03] | And I could give a hoot whether or not you like me | 我完全不在乎你喜不喜欢我 |
[14:05] | because I have buttloads of friends, okay? | 因为我的朋友多了去了 明白吗 |
[14:09] | Buttloads. | 多了去了 |
[14:14] | I… Kept my promise. | 我信守了承诺 |
[14:18] | I didn’t go over there. | 我没有过去 |
[14:21] | And just like that, | 就是这样 |
[14:23] | my mom had hung up on my friendship with Chad. | 我和查德的友谊 被我妈挂电话终结了 |
[14:26] | But we weren’t the only ones getting our lines crossed. | 被触犯底线的不止是我们 |
[14:28] | My brother and sister’s battle over the phone | 我哥和我姐的电话之战 |
[14:31] | had stretched on another day. | 又在另一天打响了 |
[14:34] | But what Barry would soon realize was the fight | 巴瑞很快便意识到 |
[14:36] | was about to be taken outside. | 战场转移到了室外 |
[14:40] | I’m serious, Lainey. | 我说真的 兰妮 |
[14:41] | Drew Kremp heard everything. | 德鲁·克伦普什么都听到了 |
[14:43] | I’m thinking of quitting school and skipping town. | 我都想辍学离家了 |
[14:46] | Busted! You are so busted, | 死定了 你死定了 |
[14:48] | and I’m telling, and Barry wins. | 我会告诉爸妈 巴瑞赢了 |
[14:50] | Mom and dad said we couldn’t use the phone in the house. | 爸妈说不能在房子里打电话 |
[14:53] | Technically… I’m outside the house. | 确切来说 我在房子外 |
[14:56] | That’s very intelligent. | 真是聪明 |
[14:57] | Give it to me! I gotta make a call! | 给我 我要打电话 |
[14:58] | No way! It was my idea! | 不可能 这是我想到的 |
[15:00] | – Just give it to me! – Stop! | -快给我 -住手 |
[15:01] | Lainey, hold on! | 兰妮 稍等下 |
[15:05] | Give it… To… Me. | 快 给 我 |
[15:13] | You broke it! | 你弄坏了 |
[15:14] | Maybe you should call 9-7-6-new-phone. | 也许你应该打976新电话 |
[15:16] | Maybe you should call… | 也许你应该打… |
[15:17] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[15:20] | Are you kidding me?! | 你有没有搞错 |
[15:22] | I stand by what I did. | 我做了我不后悔 |
[15:24] | God! | 老天 |
[15:25] | Why are we like this? | 我们为什么总是这样子 |
[15:27] | ‘Cause we’re a family. | 因为我们是一家人 |
[15:28] | That’s what a family does. | 一家人就是会这样 |
[15:30] | All we ever do is fight, and it’s exhausting. | 我们在一起只会争吵打架 好累 |
[15:33] | Wait. | 等等 |
[15:34] | You’re not gonna throw mud back in my face? | 你不往我的脸上扔泥巴吗 |
[15:37] | What do I do? | 我该怎么办 |
[15:40] | Tell me, what do I do? | 告诉我 我该怎么办 |
[15:46] | For the next week, my mom and Virginia Kremp | 接下来一周 我妈和维吉尼亚·克伦普 |
[15:48] | avoided each other. But in a small town, | 都在回避对方 但在一个小镇 |
[15:50] | you can only avoid someone for so long. | 也只能回避这么长时间了 |
[15:54] | I knew something was wrong | 我知道不对劲 |
[15:55] | because when I bit into the eclair, | 因为我咬奶油松饼时 |
[15:58] | it tasted like sour cream and pickles. | 是一股酸奶油和酸黄瓜的味道 |
[16:00] | If they went bad, they went bad on your watch. | 如果坏了 也是你自己保管方式不对 |
[16:03] | I can see why you would think that. | 我明白你为什么这样想 |
[16:04] | And normally I would never… Ever, ever make a fuss. | 通常来说 我永远不会小题大做 |
[16:08] | But I did purchase these less than 24 hours ago, | 但我买了还不到24小时 |
[16:11] | and I still have the receipt. | 收据也还在 |
[16:12] | I’m not takin’ these back! | 我不会退货的 |
[16:13] | Are you kidding me?! | 你开什么玩笑 |
[16:15] | My mom may have been able to give up on Virginia, | 我妈也许已经放弃了维吉尼亚 |
[16:18] | but she couldn’t give up on who she was. | 但她不会放弃自己的原则 |
[16:20] | Mrs. Goldberg, | 金伯格太太 |
[16:21] | I-I didn’t know you two knew each other. | 我不知道你们认识 |
[16:22] | Damn right we do. We’re neighbors. | 当然认识 我们是邻居 |
[16:24] | Now… Go back and get her some fresh eclairs. | 现在 进去给她拿新鲜的奶油松饼 |
[16:28] | Or would you like a repeat… | 否则就要重演 |
[16:30] | of the birthday cake fiasco? | 生日蛋糕大闹剧 |
[16:33] | Who writes “sorry for your loss” | 谁会在十岁生日蛋糕上写 |
[16:35] | on a 10-year-old’s birthday cake? | 节哀顺变 |
[16:37] | – It was a mistake, and Victor was let go. – Yeah. | -那是个失误 维克多不介意了 -是啊 |
[16:40] | Well, that was a dark day for this store. | 对商店来说 那是黑暗的一天 |
[16:42] | But it could get a lot darker. | 但可以再黑暗点 |
[16:45] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会搞定这事 |
[16:46] | Sorry, ma’am. I’ll fix you right up. | 对不起 女士 我这就为你办 |
[16:52] | I know I just made a big, loud scene. | 我知道我刚刚大吵大闹 |
[16:57] | It’s just what I do. | 我就是这样的人 |
[17:02] | Knock, knock. Honey? | 咚咚 亲爱的 |
[17:05] | Are you in there? | 你在里面吗 |
[17:06] | Go away. I don’t wanna talk to you. | 走开 我不想和你说话 |
[17:11] | You’re right. I should give you some space. | 你说得对 我应该给你一些空间 |
[17:16] | At least close the door, and don’t turn on the lights. | 至少关上门吧 不要开灯 |
[17:19] | Darkness is my only friend. | 黑暗是我唯一的朋友 |
[17:26] | Adam, I am so sorry. | 亚当 真是抱歉 |
[17:28] | You should be sorry! Look at me! | 你当然要抱歉 瞧我 |
[17:30] | I’m in a glow-in-the-dark unitard! | 我穿着夜光紧身衣 |
[17:33] | And Chad was the only friend that got me… | 只有查德这位朋友懂我 |
[17:35] | Who got this! | 他懂这个 |
[17:37] | And you just had to ruin it… | 你非得毁了这一切 |
[17:39] | Just because one person in this world | 就因为这个世界上有一个人 |
[17:41] | didn’t like you. | 不喜欢你 |
[17:45] | Sweetie… | 亲爱的 |
[17:47] | You’re the one that matters. | 你才是最重要的 |
[17:50] | I’d rather have nobody like me | 我宁愿没人喜欢我 |
[17:52] | than have you be mad at me forever. | 也不要你永远生我的气 |
[17:58] | Not forever, just for about a month and a half. | 不会永远 可能一个半月吧 |
[18:02] | Well… | 好吧 |
[18:03] | Let’s see if I can shorten that up just a bit. | 看看能否把这个时间再缩短些 |
[18:08] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[18:11] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[18:12] | Whatcha doin’? | 做什么呢 |
[18:14] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[18:15] | Want to finish our movie? | 想拍完我们的电影吗 |
[18:16] | Yeah. Do you? | 当然 你呢 |
[18:17] | – Hell, yeah. – Chad, “H” word. | -他娘的当然了 -查德 不要用H开头的词 |
[18:19] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:24] | Cool. | 酷 |
[18:27] | What the hell’s the “H” word? | H开头的词是他娘的什么词 |
[18:31] | So I was thinking tomorrow we could go for a power walk. | 我在想 明天我们可以去竞走 |
[18:34] | And then you could come over and we could split an eclair. | 然后你去我家 我们分着吃一块奶油松饼 |
[18:37] | Or I could come over right now, | 或者我可以现在就去 |
[18:39] | and we could each have our own eclair. | 我们可以一人吃一块奶油松饼 |
[18:41] | Mm… Beverly Goldberg, you are bad. | 贝弗莉·金伯格 你真坏 |
[18:43] | I am bad. I am the worst. | 我很坏 我最坏了 |
[18:47] | Let’s do it. Let’s do it. | 去吧 去吧 |
[18:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[18:49] | And just like that, the one person out there | 就是这样 唯一一个 |
[18:51] | who didn’t like my mom became her best friend. | 不喜欢我妈妈的人 变成了她最好的朋友 |
[18:54] | Even my dad, | 就连我爸 |
[18:56] | who prided himself on having no friends, | 对没有朋友感到很骄傲的人 |
[18:58] | started to come around to the idea. | 也开始改变观念了 |
[19:02] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[19:04] | Yo. | 嘿 |
[19:05] | Whatcha doin’? | 做什么呢 |
[19:06] | Uh… Nothin’. | 没什么 |
[19:09] | I don’t know if you’re interested, but, um… | 我不知道你是否有兴趣 但是 |
[19:11] | I got eagles season tickets… | 我有老鹰队的季票 |
[19:13] | 50 yard line. | 50码线位置 |
[19:16] | You around Sunday? | 你周天有空吗 |
[19:19] | Yeah! | 有空 |
[19:22] | Watching the Kremp kids get along | 看着克伦普家的孩子关系这么好 |
[19:23] | inspired Barry and Erica to try something new and crazy– | 启发巴瑞和爱丽卡去尝试新鲜疯狂的事 |
[19:27] | Look out for each other. | 彼此关照 |
[19:29] | Hey, Chad. | 查德 |
[19:30] | You want to bet I can’t climb the tree in your yard? | 要不要打赌我爬不上你家院子里的树 |
[19:32] | Yeah! | 好啊 |
[19:40] | We learned a lot from each other. | 我们两家人互相学到了很多 |
[19:42] | We taught them it was okay | 我们教会他们 |
[19:43] | to raise your voice now and then. | 偶尔提高嗓门是没问题的 |
[19:45] | I asked for paper-thin. | 我要求的是极薄的 |
[19:46] | You gave me slices… | 你给的是切片 |
[19:47] | Thick as my thumb– not acceptable. | 跟我的拇指一样厚 无法接受 |
[19:54] | While they learned how to be more like the Goldbergs, | 他们学着更像金伯格家的人 |
[19:56] | we learned to be a little more like the Kremps. | 我们学着更像克伦普家的人 |
[19:58] | Erica, telephone. | 爱丽卡 有电话 |
[20:00] | What? Push the button, mom. | 什么 按下按钮 妈妈 |
[20:03] | It’s not hard. | 这又不难 |
[20:05] | – Erica… – How many times do I have to show you how this works? | -爱丽卡 -我得教你多少次 |
[20:06] | How does this stupid thing work? | 这个破东西到底是怎么用的 |
[20:08] | – Erica, telep– – Talk into the box! | -爱丽卡 电话 -对着对讲机说 |
[20:10] | – Erica! Telephone! – Hello? | -爱丽卡 电话 -喂 |
[20:13] | – Pick up the damn phone! – What’s the matter with you? Mom? | -快接该死的电话 -你到底是怎么回事 妈 |
[20:15] | Yep, we were different than the Kremps– | 没错 我们和克伦普一家人不同 |
[20:17] | Not better, not worse– | 不好 也不差 |
[20:19] | Just… Different. | 只是 不同 |
[20:21] | Told you I could do it again. | 早说过了我能行的 |
[20:22] | You’re so stupid for doubting me. | 你怀疑我真是太蠢了 |
[20:24] | Oh, though Barry didn’t help our case. | 不过巴瑞实在让我的话没什么说服力 |
[20:29] | Okay, folks. Today we’re re-enacting | 好了 观众们 今天我们会再现 |
[20:32] | some “Empire Strikes Back.” Are you ready? | 《帝国反击战》的场景 准备好了吗 |
[20:35] | Dude, are you sure about this? | 哥们 你确定吗 |
[20:37] | Oh, I’m sure. Keep it rolling. | 确定 继续拍 |
[20:48] | What’s goin’ on? | 怎么回事 |
[20:50] | Oh, why do you always do this crap? | 你为什么总是倒腾这种烂玩意儿 |
[20:53] | I’m your father! | 我是你的父亲 |
[20:54] | No… That’s not true. | 不 这不是真的 |
[20:57] | That’s impossible! | 这不可能 |
[20:58] | What do you mean “impossible”? | 你说不可能是什么意思 |
[21:00] | – Get the hell outta here! – Run! | -快滚 -快跑 |