时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | This is my mom, | 这位是我妈妈 |
[00:02] | Beverly Goldberg, a shoulder-padded, | 贝弗莉·金伯格 厚垫肩 |
[00:04] | country-haired mother warrior | 蓬松自然发型的母亲战士 |
[00:05] | whose top priority was always her kids. | 总是把孩子放在第一位 |
[00:08] | Before helicopter moms and attachment parenting, | 在”直升机妈妈”与”亲密育儿法”出现前 |
[00:11] | she was the original smother. | 她是最原创的”爱你爱到你无语妈妈” |
[00:14] | Snuggle bug, circular motions. | 小亲亲 是圆周运动 |
[00:17] | We’ve had this discussion. Just give it to me. | 我们讨论过的 给我 |
[00:21] | See? | 瞧 |
[00:22] | Feel that difference? Make a bunny face. | 感觉到不同吗 做个可爱兔宝宝 |
[00:24] | She was all over us from early in the morning | 她时刻在我们身边 从一大清早 |
[00:27] | to late at night. | 到深更半夜 |
[00:28] | Who wants a sleepover snack? | 谁要玩通宵点心 |
[00:31] | First one to fall asleep gets their bra frozen. | 最先睡着的胸罩要被放冰箱里 |
[00:34] | Why are you in here? | 你来这里做什么 |
[00:35] | She even found a way to smother us at school. | 她甚至找到办法 在学校也令我们无语到窒息 |
[00:38] | – Mom? – Don’t mind me. | -妈 -无视我 |
[00:40] | Soccer tryouts are this afternoon. | 今天下午有足球队选拔赛 |
[00:41] | You need that to protect your special spot. | 你需要这个保护你的特殊部位 |
[00:43] | I know what it’s for. Just leave. | 我知道这个是什么 快走 |
[00:45] | But nothing put a bounce in her step | 但最让她活力无限的 |
[00:47] | more than planning our futures for us. | 是为我们计划我们的未来 |
[00:50] | Oh, this is just so exciting! | 太激动了 |
[00:52] | So many choices — how are we ever gonna decide?! | 这么多选择 咱们如何决定呢 |
[00:54] | “We”? No, I’m deciding. | “我们” 不 是我决定 |
[00:57] | Oh, if it were your decision, you’d go to Hawaii university. | 如果叫你自己决定 你就去上夏威夷大学了 |
[01:01] | Uh, whoa, whoa, | 慢着 |
[01:02] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! | 慢着 慢着 |
[01:05] | They have a college in Hawaii? | 夏威夷有大学吗 |
[01:07] | How did they get a school on an island? | 岛上是怎么建学校的 |
[01:10] | Oh, my! I got to check this out! | 老天 我得去看看 |
[01:12] | Aloha! | 你好啊 |
[01:14] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:15] | A prestigious college right in our hometown of Philadelphia? | 咱们费城家乡的一所知名大学 |
[01:19] | Yeah, there’s no way in hell | 绝对没可能 |
[01:20] | I am living at home and going to Drexel. | 我住在家里 去念德雷克塞尔大学 |
[01:23] | Hear you loud and clear. | 我听到了 |
[01:25] | Hello, Drexel. | 你好 德雷克塞尔大学 |
[01:27] | I’m Beverly Goldberg. This is Erica. | 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 这位是爱丽卡 |
[01:30] | I don’t want to build her up too much, | 我不想替她吹嘘 |
[01:31] | but she is literally the best student | 但她真的是前无古人 |
[01:33] | that ever has been or will be. | 后无来者的最优秀学生 |
[01:35] | Uh, besides having a great personality, | 除了性格好之外 |
[01:38] | she gets good grades, does meals on wheels, | 成绩好 她还参加了”为老弱病残送餐” |
[01:41] | model U.N., | 模拟联合国 |
[01:42] | and is a volunteer swim instructor at the “Y.” | 而且是青年会的志愿游泳教练 |
[01:44] | For the love of god, stop talking! | 老天爷 别再说了 |
[01:47] | You’re parading me around like a poodle, and it’s embarrassing. | 你把我当贵宾狗一样到处展示 太丢人了 |
[01:49] | Honey, I’m your mother. | 亲爱的 我是你母亲 |
[01:51] | It is my job to strong-arm people into seeing how amazing you are. | 对人施压让他们知道你有多棒 是我的工作 |
[01:54] | Look around. | 你四周看看 |
[01:55] | No other mothers insist on being so involved. | 没有其他母亲这么坚持地插手进来 |
[01:58] | Beverly! | 贝弗莉 |
[01:59] | But that wasn’t true. | 我姐说得不对 |
[02:02] | Her name was Betsy Rubenstone, | 她叫贝琪·鲁本斯通 |
[02:04] | the other smother. | 另一位”爱你爱到你无语妈妈” |
[02:06] | She was head of the PTA, chair of the fall festival | 她是家长老师协会的头 秋季联欢会 |
[02:08] | and eight other parent committees. | 以及其它八个家长委员会的主席 |
[02:11] | My mom volunteered, too, | 我妈也会做自愿者 |
[02:12] | but Betsy was just made better, stronger, faster. | 但贝琪更好 更强 更快 |
[02:17] | Ah, Betsy! | 贝琪 |
[02:21] | So, what school are you thinking about for Carin? | 你觉得哪间学校适合卡琳 |
[02:23] | She’s already been early-accepted to Yale. | 她已经被耶鲁大学提前录取了 |
[02:27] | Today’s all about getting a jump-start for Michael. | 今天主要是给迈克尔加把劲 |
[02:30] | – Isn’t he a sophomore? – It’s never too early. | -他不是才高二吗 -越早越好 |
[02:32] | I mean, he only has a 3.8, | 他平均分只有3.8 |
[02:34] | so I’m pushing the extracurriculars. | 所以我要在课外活动上督促他 |
[02:35] | He’s on the debate team, | 他参加了辩论队 |
[02:36] | tours middle schools with D.A.R.E., | 跟着反毒反暴组织在中学巡回演讲 |
[02:37] | and he was just Riff in “West side story.” | 他刚在《西区故事》中扮演里夫 |
[02:39] | Riff? That’s — what? — like third lead. | 里夫 那不是才第三主角吗 |
[02:42] | Michael’s too busy to be Tony. | 迈克尔太忙了 演不了托尼 |
[02:44] | He’s swamped. | 他忙得不可开交 |
[02:45] | He can’t even be student council treasurer this year, | 甚至做不了今年的学生会财务部长 |
[02:47] | even though he always runs unopposed. | 尽管他每年参选都没有对手 |
[02:49] | Betsy and my mom had been at war for years | 贝琪和我妈 就谁的孩子更棒的问题 |
[02:51] | over whose kids were better. | 已经开战数年了 |
[02:54] | My little science wiz. Isn’t he amazing? | 我的小科学奇才 他是不是太棒了 |
[02:57] | She built it for him. | 她替他做的 |
[02:59] | Betsy was winning. | 贝琪一直在赢 |
[03:01] | Well, Barry’s busy, too. Um, he makes up rap songs. | 巴瑞也很忙 他写饶舌歌 |
[03:04] | They call him big tasty. | 人们管他叫大甜甜 |
[03:06] | And he does karate | 他还练空手道 |
[03:08] | and plays harmonica and basketball. | 吹口琴 打篮球 |
[03:10] | Barry made varsity? | 巴瑞入选了大学队吗 |
[03:12] | More like street ball. | 更像是街头篮球 |
[03:13] | He plays in the street and in our driveway, | 他在街上打 在我们家车道上打 |
[03:16] | Which leads… to the street. | 所以是 街头篮球 |
[03:18] | I’m not sure you can put that on a college resume? | 这个应该不能写在入校申请简历上吧 |
[03:20] | It’s a gray area. Oh, you know. | 这是灰色地带 知道吗 |
[03:22] | Point is, though, he will be going to an ivy league school — | 重点是 他会上长春藤盟校 |
[03:25] | Probably not Yale ’cause I haven’t heard great things. | 可能不是耶鲁 因为我没听说这学校多好 |
[03:27] | Check it out — Hawaii university! | 快看 夏威夷大学 |
[03:30] | It’s real, and he said they accept Americans! | 真的存在 学校说收美国学生 |
[03:34] | He’s kidding! | 他在开玩笑 |
[03:35] | Oh, class clown! Kids love him. | 班上的开心果 孩子们可喜欢他了 |
[03:37] | Sense of humor — it’s such a commodity in today’s economy. | 这种幽默感 现在的经济环境下太有价值了 |
[03:40] | Anyway, bye-bye, now. | 总之 再见了 |
[03:42] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[03:43] | You’re not going to school in Hawaii. | 你不会去念夏威夷的学校 |
[03:45] | It’s surrounded by sharks, and even if I did let you go, | 那里被鲨鱼包围 就算我让你去 |
[03:48] | it would be a stretch because you don’t have | 也不会有戏 因为你的简历上 |
[03:50] | a single club on your resume? | 一个社团活动都没有 |
[03:51] | Not true. | 不对 |
[03:52] | I’m founding member of the beat-box club. | 我是口技社团的创办团员 |
[03:55] | It’s not official, but that’s by choice | 还没有正式成立 但这是我的选择 |
[03:57] | ’cause then we’d be sellouts. | 因为那样我们会人满为患 |
[04:03] | Listen, I just heard there’s an opening | 听着 我刚听说学生会财务部长 |
[04:05] | for school treasurer — unopposed. | 空出来了 没有竞选对手 |
[04:08] | Think about it. It’s a guaranteed… | 想想吧 这是保证能… |
[04:10] | …wi-in. | 赢 |
[04:12] | – So, I do nothing and automatically win? – Yes. | -我什么也不做就能自动赢 -对 |
[04:15] | – Nah. – Come on. Name your price. | -算了 -来吧 开条件 |
[04:17] | 8 bucks, and I get to eat in front of the tv tonight. | 8块钱 今晚在电视前吃晚饭 |
[04:19] | – Deal. – Yeah! | -成交 -太棒了 |
[04:21] | I love politics. | 我爱政治 |
[04:37] | Back in the ’80s, | 在八十年代 |
[04:39] | you couldn’t just lay on your couch | 你不可能躺在沙发上 |
[04:40] | and stream a movie to your phone. | 在手机上看电影 |
[04:42] | You actually had to spend an hour venturing | 你得花上一个小时 |
[04:43] | to a wondrous place called a video store, | 在一个叫做音像店的奇妙之地探险 |
[04:47] | And it was awesome! | 感觉棒极了 |
[04:49] | Let’s just make this fast, okay? | 快点行吗 |
[04:51] | Pick a movie, and don’t go behind the curtain! | 选部电影 不准去那个帘子后面[A片区] |
[04:54] | The stakes were high. | 风险很大 |
[04:55] | If someone already rented the movie you wanted, | 如果有人已经租走了你想要的电影 |
[04:57] | you were out of luck. | 你就不走运了 |
[04:58] | No!! | 不要啊 |
[05:00] | “Temple of doom” is checked out! | 《夺宝奇兵2》被借走了 |
[05:02] | Some putz checked it out! | 某个笨蛋借走了 |
[05:04] | Just pick any movie. | 随便挑一部 |
[05:05] | Look — “Rhinestone.” Rambo sings in it. | 看 《纽约司机》 兰博在里面唱歌呢 |
[05:07] | Does Rambo sing while ripping a man’s heart out of his chest? | 兰博一边唱歌一边让人心碎吗 |
[05:11] | Doesn’t say. | 没说 |
[05:12] | When you were out of options, there was one last hail mary — | 别无选择时 还有最后一个撞大运的地方 |
[05:16] | The return bin. | 归还箱 |
[05:17] | If your movie was in there, | 如果你要的电影在里面 |
[05:19] | it was like winning the lottery — | 那就像中了彩票一样 |
[05:20] | At least for an obsessive movie geek like me. | 至少我这样的疯狂电影极客是这种感觉 |
[05:24] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[05:26] | I am the luckiest man alive! | 我是全世界最幸运的人 |
[05:27] | Yeah, we all have our stories. | 对 咱们都有自己的故事 |
[05:30] | Let’s just get going. Here’s my card. | 快点弄完 这是我的卡 |
[05:32] | “Temple of doom.” Overrated. | 《夺宝奇兵2》 评价过高了 |
[05:36] | You want to see a good film, kid, | 孩子 你想看好电影 |
[05:37] | watch Bergman’s “The seventh seal” | 就看伯格曼的《第七封印》 |
[05:39] | or “Devil’s manners” — that’s my student film. | 或是《恶魔的礼貌》 我的学生作品 |
[05:41] | It’s pretty much the quintessential — | 精髓点在于… |
[05:42] | No, thank you, and let’s get going. | 不 谢谢 快点办手续 |
[05:44] | Uh, we’re in a big rush. | 我们赶时间 |
[05:46] | Yeah, you have a movie out. | 你有电影过期未还 |
[05:50] | “Slap shot.” Overrated. | 《火爆群龙》 评价过高了 |
[05:52] | If you ask, Paul Newman should not — | 如果问我 保罗·纽曼不应该… |
[05:53] | I did not ask you, and I know I returned that movie. | 我没问你 而且我知道我已经还了 |
[05:56] | Please check again. | 请再检查一遍 |
[05:57] | I didn’t realize that my computer was hal 9000 | 我不知道我的电脑居然是夏尔9000 |
[05:59] | and it could change at will | 可以随意改变内容 |
[06:00] | and blast us out the pod bay doors. | 把我们炸出宇宙飞船的舱门 |
[06:02] | Nothing you say makes any sense. | 你说的完全不是人话 |
[06:05] | Please check again because I am 100% positive | 请再查一遍 因为我百分百肯定 |
[06:09] | that I returned that movie. | 我已经还了 |
[06:11] | You guys lost it. | 是你们弄丢了 |
[06:12] | Dad, I just want to watch my movie. | 爸 我只想看这部电影 |
[06:14] | Okay, how much do I owe you? | 好吧 我欠你们多少钱 |
[06:16] | To restore your account, | 为了恢复你的账号 |
[06:18] | you would have to purchase the unreturned video… | 你就必须购买未还的电影 |
[06:21] | …which would be $59.99. | 一共是59块9毛9 |
[06:24] | That’s crazy! I’m not paying that! | 你疯了 我才不会给呢 |
[06:26] | Come on. This is the only video store in town. | 拜托 这里只有这一家音像店 |
[06:28] | It’s not like we have a choice. | 咱们别无选择 |
[06:29] | We do have a choice! | 我们有选择 |
[06:31] | I am not leaving here | 我不会离开的 |
[06:33] | until you clear my account and I get my justice. | 除非你恢复我的账号 还我公正 |
[06:41] | – What are you doing? – Just marking “Temple of doom” as in stock. | -你做什么 -将《夺宝奇兵2》列为有存货 |
[06:45] | Let’s get out of here. Come on, now, now! | 咱们走 快走 |
[06:51] | – Is mom here? – Yeah, she just got home. | -妈妈在吗 -她刚回家 |
[06:53] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[06:55] | Don’t mind me. Just go back to your sandwich. | 不用理我 你继续吃三明治 |
[06:57] | In that moment, | 那一刻 |
[06:58] | Pops saw that his sweet, little granddaughter | 老爷子看到他甜美可人的小外孙女 |
[07:00] | was actually a master of deception. | 其实是欺诈大师 |
[07:03] | There’s my beautiful mermaid. How was swim class? | 我的小美人鱼 游泳课怎么样 |
[07:06] | Little Emily Goodman finally put her face in the water. | 小爱米莉·古德曼终于把脸沉下水了 |
[07:09] | Oh, you are an inspiration. | 你真会鼓舞人 |
[07:11] | – Thanks, mom. – I’m so proud of you. | -谢谢 妈妈 -我为你骄傲 |
[07:16] | “Swim class — Thursday the 27th. | 游泳课 27号周四 |
[07:19] | Emily Goodman — face in water.” | 爱米莉·古德曼 脸沉下水 |
[07:22] | Uh-oh, I’m looking at some pretty shady stuff here, | 我眼前的可是见不得光的事情哦 |
[07:26] | And I know shady. | 我对见不得光可是行家 |
[07:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:29] | I’m gonna let you in on a secret that’s so gigantic | 我会告诉你一个大秘密 |
[07:32] | that it could rock this family to its very core. | 秘密泄露 会把这个家闹得天翻地覆 |
[07:36] | – Maybe I shouldn’t — – Here it is. | -也许我不应该 -是这样的 |
[07:37] | I’ve never taught a swimming lesson in my entire life, | 我这辈子没教过游泳 |
[07:40] | I don’t do model u.N. or meals on wheels, | 我既没参加模拟联合国 也没给老弱病残送餐 |
[07:42] | and it feels so good to finally tell someone! | 终于能对别人说出来了 感觉太棒了 |
[07:44] | Wait. You scammed your mom? | 慢着 你骗你妈妈 |
[07:46] | That’s very risky. | 太冒险了 |
[07:48] | How has she not been at one of your swim lessons? | 她为什么会不去看你的游泳课呢 |
[07:51] | I specifically chose the YMCA pool | 我特别选择了青年会的游泳池 |
[07:53] | ’cause she hates it. | 因为她讨厌那里 |
[07:55] | It’s so humid, it makes her hair frizz. | 太潮湿了 让她的头发成爆炸头 |
[07:56] | And the model U.N. thingy? | 那么模拟联合国呢 |
[07:59] | I swore I’d quit if she showed up, | 我发誓 如果她去我就退出 |
[08:00] | and she knows better than to call that bluff. | 她不至于傻到 说我是在吓唬她 |
[08:02] | But how did you get in the yearbook? | 但你怎么出现在年鉴照片上的 |
[08:04] | Turns out my sister’s desperation | 原来我姐姐的绝望 |
[08:06] | spawned a new invention… | 激发了一项新发明 |
[08:08] | The photo bomb. | 照片乱入 |
[08:15] | And I thought she was good. | 我还以为她很厉害 |
[08:17] | She is, but I’m better. | 她很厉害 但我更厉害 |
[08:19] | And I have to be, ’cause if she ever finds out, | 这是必须的 因为如果被她发现 |
[08:21] | she’ll kill us both. | 她会杀了我们两个 |
[08:22] | – Why am I getting killed? – ’cause you’re in on it with me. | -为什么我也没命了 -因为你和我一伙的 |
[08:24] | Since when?! | 什么时候开始的 |
[08:26] | Since I just told you! | 从我刚刚告诉你开始 |
[08:27] | How did this happen? | 这是怎么发生的 |
[08:28] | I just came here to have a pastrami sandwich! | 我只是过来吃个熏牛肉三明治 |
[08:31] | You better come clean with your mother before she finds out. | 你最好在你妈妈发现前坦白 |
[08:33] | Or I fake-join the debate club | 或是我假装参加辩论队 |
[08:36] | and create a whole other level of lies! | 创造全新水平的谎言 |
[08:38] | Thanks, pops! You’re the best! | 谢谢 老爷子 你最好了 |
[08:43] | Finally! There’s my baby. | 终于回来了 我的宝贝 |
[08:47] | What’s that weird smell? | 这奇怪的味道是什么 |
[08:48] | That’s the smell of clean. | 干净的味道 |
[08:49] | You’re free to start reversing the process now. | 你可以开始把房间弄脏了 |
[08:52] | – How was school? – Sweet! | -学校怎么样 -不错 |
[08:53] | Fed a sea gull a french fry. | 喂了一只海鸥吃薯条 |
[08:56] | We’re not near the ocean. How do they get there? | 我们又不靠海 它们怎么飞来的 |
[08:58] | No, I was talking about student council. | 不 我说的是学生会 |
[08:59] | Oh, that. Yeah. | 那个啊 是的 |
[09:01] | – Not happening. – What?! | -没戏了 -什么 |
[09:03] | Michael Rubenstone is running now. | 迈克尔·鲁本斯通又参选了 |
[09:05] | You said this was a guaranteed win and I wouldn’t have to try. | 你说过保证赢 我根本不用努力 |
[09:08] | – That’s what I’m good at. – Since when is Michael running? | -这是我擅长的 -迈克尔什么时候参选的 |
[09:10] | He’s already got a full plate. | 他已经忙得不可开交了 |
[09:12] | I’m okay with it — | 我没意见 |
[09:14] | Mostly ’cause I don’t give a crap. | 主要是因为我并不在乎 |
[09:16] | You can beat Michael Rubenstone. | 你可以战胜迈克尔·鲁本斯通 |
[09:17] | I mean, what has he got that my delicious boy doesn’t? | 他有什么 是我的帅气儿子没有的 |
[09:21] | Cookies! | 饼干 |
[09:22] | His mom made them, | 他妈妈做的 |
[09:23] | and they’re the perfect mix of chewy and crunchy. | 耐嚼与松脆的完美结合 |
[09:31] | Oh, so we’re baking political cookies now, huh? | 现在开始烤政治饼干了是吗 |
[09:34] | You wanted war? | 你要开战吗 |
[09:38] | You’ve got it, Betsy Rubenstone. | 那就来吧 贝琪·鲁本斯通 |
[09:44] | That is good! | 太好吃了 |
[09:45] | Good morning, guys. | 早上好 各位 |
[09:46] | Vote for Michael. Michael for treasurer. | 投迈克尔一票 学生会财务部长 |
[09:49] | You guys know Michael, right? | 你们认识迈克尔对吗 |
[09:50] | Betsy Rubenstone. | 贝琪·鲁本斯通 |
[09:52] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[09:53] | Beverly! | 贝弗莉 |
[09:55] | Look at you pulling off that outfit for the most part. | 瞧你 差不多把这件衣服穿得好看了 |
[09:58] | Cut the chitchat. I’m on to you. | 废话少说 我是冲你来的 |
[10:00] | You said Michael was too busy to run for treasurer. | 你说迈克尔忙到不能竞选财务部长 |
[10:03] | Well, he found the time | 他抽出了时间 |
[10:04] | ’cause he has a passion for politics. | 因为他对政治有热情 |
[10:05] | No, he doesn’t! | 他没有 |
[10:06] | All kids hate everything. | 所有的孩子对任何事都讨厌 |
[10:08] | He’s only running because you have it out for me. | 他竞选 是因为你要和我争个高低 |
[10:10] | Why don’t I make Michael drop out of the race | 不如我让迈克尔退出竞选吧 |
[10:12] | and give poor Barry the win? | 让可怜的巴瑞赢 |
[10:13] | No! You leave Michael in. | 不 你让迈克尔继续竞选 |
[10:15] | I’m Barry’s campaign manager now, and we will crush you. | 现在我是巴瑞的竞选经理 我们会击败你们 |
[10:18] | – I’d love to see that. – Well, good luck. | -我很想看到这一天 -祝你好运 |
[10:20] | – Good luck to you. – Don’t need it. | -祝你好运 -不需要 |
[10:21] | – Neither do I. – Think you do. | -我也不需要 -我觉得你需要 |
[10:23] | – Think you do. – Do you? | -我觉得你需要 -是吗[你需要吗] |
[10:24] | – I do. – I don’t. | -是[我需要] -我不需要 |
[10:25] | – What? – Just kidding. I don’t. | -什么 -开玩笑 我不需要 |
[10:29] | Things were really heating up between my mom and Betsy Rubenstone, | 我妈妈和贝琪·鲁本斯通之间火药味十足 |
[10:32] | While back home my dad was about to lose his cool. | 在家里 我爸就快失去他的淡定了 |
[10:37] | Oh, what did you do with the tv guide? | 《电视指南》哪里去了 |
[10:42] | My father had found the video he swore he had returned. | 我爸找到了他发誓已经还了的影带 |
[10:46] | So he did what any honorable man would do. | 所以他做了任何可敬的人会做的事 |
[10:50] | Hide the evidence. | 隐藏证据 |
[10:57] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[10:58] | – Nothing. – Is that “Slap shot”?! | -没什么 -那是《火爆群龙》吗 |
[11:00] | Are you kidding me? You swore you returned it. | 开什么玩笑 你发誓你还了 |
[11:03] | You said you were 100% positive! | 你说你百分百肯定 |
[11:05] | I’ve never been 100% positive about anything in my life. | 我这辈子从未真正百分百肯定过什么 |
[11:08] | Whatever! | 随便 |
[11:09] | Let’s just end this stupid feud and return the movie. | 咱们终止这无聊的争吵 去还影带 |
[11:12] | Nope, dad is gonna teach you | 不 老爸要教你 |
[11:13] | a very valuable life lesson here, okay? | 人生课堂中非常宝贵的一点 |
[11:16] | If you never admit you’re wrong, | 如果你永远不承认你错了 |
[11:19] | you’re never wrong! | 那你就永远没错 |
[11:21] | Either you take that tape back to the video store | 你要是不把影带还给音像店 |
[11:23] | or we got real problems, man! | 咱们之间就真的有问题了 老爸 |
[11:25] | – What are you getting at? – You know what I’m getting at! | -你打算怎么跟我耍狠 -你知道的 |
[11:27] | – I really have no clue. – I don’t either! | -我真心不知道 -我也不知道 |
[11:30] | Just return the tape! | 快去还影带 |
[11:35] | As Erica spun her web of lies, | 爱丽卡在编织她的谎言之网时 |
[11:38] | Pops tried to avoid getting caught in it. | 老爷子尽量避免被网粘住 |
[11:40] | Pops, pops, thank god. Um, I need you to listen | 老爷子 谢天谢地 我需要你听听 |
[11:43] | to this fake argument about, uh, trickle-down economics | 这个关于滴入式经济学的辩论 |
[11:45] | in case mom asks me about the debate team. | 以防万一妈妈问起我辩论队的事 |
[11:47] | You’re writing speeches for a debate | 你在写你根本不参加的 |
[11:50] | you’re not a part of? | 辩论演讲稿吗 |
[11:51] | Yes, and we need to make it good. | 对 我们要写得很棒 |
[11:53] | No “We.” Stop saying “We.” | 没有”我们” 别再说”我们”了 |
[11:55] | “Trickle-down economics is a pejorative term | 滴入式经济学是自由三流记者 |
[11:57] | used by liberal-media hacks.” | 所使用的贬义词 |
[11:58] | This is crazy! | 太疯狂了 |
[12:00] | Wouldn’t it just be easier if you actually did this stuff? | 你真的去参加 不是更简单些吗 |
[12:03] | I mean, it would look great on the college resume? | 在申请大学的简历上 是不错的成绩 |
[12:06] | Oh, it would, but I can’t. | 简历的确会不错 但我不能参加 |
[12:10] | I’m gonna let you in on another huge secret. | 我告诉你另一个大秘密 |
[12:13] | – No! – Here it is. | -不 -是这样的 |
[12:14] | This is the opposite of what I want. | 这一切根本不是我想要的 |
[12:16] | Back in freshman year when I actually did model U.N., | 在高一时 我的确参加了模拟联合国 |
[12:20] | There was…an incident. | 出了场意外 |
[12:22] | It was my sister’s dark origin story. | 这是我姐姐黑暗的起源故事 |
[12:25] | Back before Erica was Erica, | 在爱丽卡成为爱丽卡之前 |
[12:27] | she was an overachieving, first-class stress case! | 她是过于努力的压力过大优秀生 |
[12:29] | Senegal? Really? | 塞内加尔 不是吧 |
[12:32] | Their main export is the peanut! | 他们主要的出口品是花生 |
[12:33] | If I’m getting a country in Africa, | 如果我要代表非洲国家 |
[12:35] | I’m getting Libya! | 我也要代表利比亚 |
[12:37] | – Erica?! – I am Libya! | -爱丽卡 -我是利比亚 |
[12:38] | Hey! I’ve got every country now. | 现在所有国家都归我了 |
[12:39] | Uh-huh, that’s right, Patel! | 没错 帕特尔 |
[12:41] | I declare a new world order! | 我宣布一个新的世界秩序 |
[12:44] | I was such a stress case under so much pressure | 我的压力太大了 给我施压的有 |
[12:46] | from mom, dad, my teachers, everyone. | 妈妈 爸爸 老师 所有人 |
[12:49] | So that’s when I started hanging out with the popular kids, | 所以我才开始和学校的风云学生一起玩 |
[12:51] | and you know what they do after school? | 你知道他们放学后做什么吗 |
[12:54] | Nothing. They do nothing! | 什么也不做 他们什么也不做 |
[12:56] | They’re never stressed-out, | 他们从来没有压力过多 |
[12:58] | so I quit all of it. | 所以我退出了一切活动 |
[12:59] | But aren’t you just as stressed | 但你要费尽心思 |
[13:01] | trying to keep this whole charade alive? | 让谎言继续 不是一样压力大吗 |
[13:03] | Oh, yeah, it’s way worse! | 对 压力更大 |
[13:04] | Then just apologize and go back to being a weirdo again. | 那就去道歉 再去做书呆子学生 |
[13:07] | I can’t do that. They hate me. | 我不能这样做 他们讨厌我 |
[13:10] | Kiddo, sometimes you just have to swallow your pride | 孩子 有时候你必须收起骄傲 |
[13:14] | and ask for forgiveness. | 请求原谅 |
[13:20] | Well, what have we here? | 这是什么 |
[13:22] | Just take the tape, and I no longer owe you $59. | 收回影带 我不再欠你59块了 |
[13:25] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[13:29] | You now owe me… | 你现在欠我 |
[13:31] | …$106.75. | 106块7毛5 |
[13:34] | What are you talking about? That’s crazy. | 说什么呢 你疯了吧 |
[13:35] | Late fees — | 滞纳金 |
[13:36] | 61 days overdue times $1.75, | 每天1块7毛5 共61天 |
[13:40] | and let’s see. | 瞧瞧 |
[13:41] | Yes, definitely — a $2 rewind fee. | 对 肯定地 两块钱倒带费 |
[13:44] | – Just give me the movie. – No. | -影带给我 -不 |
[13:46] | – Come on. Give me the movie. – No. | -拜托 影带给我 -不 |
[13:48] | No! | 不 |
[13:49] | Okay, that’s it. I ban you from Video Heaven. | 够了 禁止你再来”影像天堂” |
[13:51] | Oh, no, no, no! | 不是的 |
[13:53] | I ban you! That’s right! | 是我禁止你 没错 |
[13:55] | I am never coming in here again ever! | 我不会再来了 永远不会 |
[13:57] | That’s what I said. | 我就是这个意思 |
[13:58] | And “Slap shot” is a great movie. | 《火爆群龙》是一部优秀的电影 |
[14:03] | While my dad was losing his battle, | 我爸战场失利时 |
[14:05] | my mom was determined not to lose hers. | 我妈决心不能输掉她的战争 |
[14:08] | Hi. Uh, can I speak to Julianne Crump, please? | 你好 请找茱莉安·克伦普 |
[14:11] | Hello, mrs. Stevens. Is your daughter Kelly there? | 你好 史蒂文斯太太 你女儿凯莉在吗 |
[14:14] | Okay, your son Kelly. I’m sorry. | 是你儿子凯莉 对不起 |
[14:16] | Oh, you’ve already committed your — | 你们已经承诺 |
[14:18] | Your vote to Michael Rubenstone? | 要投票给迈克尔·鲁本斯通 |
[14:20] | Okay, what can I do to convince you to vote for Barry? | 我要怎么做 才能说服你投票给巴瑞 |
[14:26] | Yes, Erica is single. | 对 爱丽卡没有男友 |
[14:31] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么 |
[14:32] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[14:34] | Get it? Vote for Barry. | 明白了吗 投巴瑞一票 |
[14:36] | Barry. Berry. | 巴瑞 浆果[和巴瑞同音] |
[14:38] | Barry. | 巴瑞 |
[14:39] | They sound the same, and you’re both delicious! | 发音一样 你们都是如此甜美 |
[14:41] | Mom. Kids like cookies! | 妈 小孩子喜欢饼干 |
[14:44] | Why don’t you just bake some cookies?! | 你为什么不能烤饼干呢 |
[14:46] | Because “Cookie” doesn’t work with “Barry.” | 因为”饼干”和”巴瑞”没双关效果 |
[14:49] | Well, this doesn’t work either! | 这个也没用 |
[14:51] | That’s right! I got berried! | 没错 我被浆果袭击了 |
[14:54] | 9th grade girls threw them at me. | 九年级的女生扔的[美国的高一] |
[14:56] | There’s supposed to be a hierarchy. | 学校是有等级制度的 |
[14:58] | They ignored the hierarchy! | 她们完全无视了我是前辈 |
[15:00] | – I quit. – You can’t quit. | -我退出 -你不能退出 |
[15:02] | We cannot lose this thing. Not now, not ever. | 我们不能失败 这次不行 永远不行 |
[15:04] | Why do you even care so much? | 你为什么这么在乎 |
[15:05] | I don’t care. Do I look like I care? | 我不在乎 我看起来像在乎吗 |
[15:08] | Look how casual I am. | 看我多随意 |
[15:11] | I don’t want to be stupid treasurer. | 我不想做什么笨蛋财务部长 |
[15:13] | Do you even know what a treasurer does? | 你知道财务部长是做什么的 |
[15:15] | A treasurer is one of the most important jobs a school has. | 财务部长是学校最重要的工作之一 |
[15:20] | You get to handle all the money. | 你可以管所有的钱 |
[15:22] | So it does involve treasure. | 还真的跟”财”有关啊 |
[15:24] | And you get to run the student government | 当学生会长 副会长 |
[15:26] | when the president, the vice president, | 秘书长都生病时 |
[15:28] | and the secretary all get sick. | 学生会就归你管了 |
[15:31] | I want this job. What do we have to do? | 我要这份工作 我们要怎么做 |
[15:33] | You just keep being delicious. | 你保持甜美可人就好 |
[15:35] | Uh, let your campaign manager deal with all the nitty-gritty. | 让你的竞选经理来应付所有的细节问题 |
[15:38] | Here’s your speech. Memorize it. | 这是你的演讲稿 背熟了 |
[15:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:42] | – But no more berries! – You have my word. | -不准再有浆果了 -我保证 |
[15:44] | The next day, there were no berries in sight, | 第二天 浆果是看不见了 |
[15:48] | but Barry was everywhere. | 但巴瑞无所不在 |
[15:51] | 巴瑞·金伯格 投票此”才宝” 让他当选财务部长 | |
[15:59] | Have you seen this? This is so freaking embarrassing. | 你看到了吗 太丢人了 |
[16:02] | Oh, my god, it’s you. | 我的天 就是你 |
[16:04] | No, it’s not. | 不是的 |
[16:06] | No. No, no, no. | 不要啊 |
[16:11] | In what universe, in what reality | 在哪个世界 在哪个现实社会 |
[16:16] | would you think this is even a little bit okay? | 你会觉得这样做有一点点行得通 |
[16:19] | Just look at that delicious face! | 看这张可爱的小脸 |
[16:21] | That’s a face you want to eat — and vote for. | 让人想吞下去 也想投票 |
[16:25] | Fired! You’re fired as campaign manager! | 你被炒掉了 你这个竞选经理被炒了 |
[16:27] | – I have just fired you! – You can’t fire me. I’m your mother. | -我刚把你炒了 -你不能炒我 我是你母亲 |
[16:30] | Then I fire you as my mother! | 那我就炒了你这个妈 |
[16:32] | If you fire me as your mother, then I have failed as a mother. | 如果你炒了我这个妈 那我这个妈就失败了 |
[16:35] | Then you’ve failed as a mother. | 那你这个妈就失败了 |
[16:36] | How dare you say I’ve failed as a mother? | 你怎么敢说我这个妈失败了 |
[16:39] | You know what? I bet that Betsy Rubenstone | 知道吗 我打赌贝琪·鲁本斯通 |
[16:41] | plastered posters all over the school. | 把海报贴得学校到处都是 |
[16:43] | If anyone failed as a mother, it’s probably her somehow. | 如果有人当妈很失败 也应该是她 |
[16:45] | Wait, this was never about me beating Michael, was it? | 这事跟我战胜迈克尔根本没关系 对吗 |
[16:49] | It was about you beating Betsy! | 而是你要战胜贝琪 |
[16:52] | You always complain about her being overbearing and pushy. | 你总是抱怨说她专横爱强求人 |
[16:57] | You’re way worse. | 你比她差劲多了 |
[17:03] | I was so excited for my dad to get home, | 我太激动了 我爸马上要回家了 |
[17:05] | I could barely enjoy my algebra homework. | 代数作业都不能让我全情投入 |
[17:08] | What’s in the bag? Tell me it’s “Indiana Jones.” | 袋子里是什么 告诉我是《夺宝奇兵》 |
[17:10] | Even better. | 更好的 |
[17:12] | Who needs a movie when you’ve got a video-game-machine thing? | 你有电子游戏机器什么的 谁还要电影啊 |
[17:18] | Are you joking with me right now? | 你现在在和我开玩笑吗 |
[17:20] | This is Atari. | 这是雅达利[美国游戏机品牌] |
[17:21] | – I have nintendo. – There’s a difference? | -我有任天堂 -有区别吗 |
[17:24] | Why are you giving me misguided gifts? | 你为什么要送我讨好礼物 |
[17:26] | What happened at the video store?! | 音像店出了什么事 |
[17:28] | We lost her, son. | 我们失去她了 儿子 |
[17:30] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[17:32] | I went in with the best intentions, | 我是一番好意进去 |
[17:34] | but things were said, and now we’re banned for life. | 但话已出口 现在咱们被一辈子禁止进入 |
[17:39] | Whose life — mine or yours? | 谁一辈子 你的还是我的 |
[17:41] | The video-store guy wasn’t clear about that. | 音像店的人说得不清楚 |
[17:43] | How could you do this?! | 你怎么能这样做 |
[17:44] | You know how important movies are to me! | 你知道电影对我来说有多重要 |
[17:46] | Well, I think what we have here is a valuable life lesson. | 我想我们又上了一堂宝贵的人生课 |
[17:50] | You know what’s a lesson that I’ve learned? | 知道我学到什么吗 |
[17:51] | Never count on my dad to do the right thing. | 永远别指望我爸做正确的事 |
[17:54] | While I was a casualty of my father’s war, | 父亲的战争中 我成了伤亡人员 |
[17:57] | my mom was finally gonna wave the white flag. | 而我妈终于准备举白旗认输了 |
[18:01] | Oh, hi, Bev! | 你好 贝弗 |
[18:03] | Love what you’ve done with the hair. | 喜欢你的发型 |
[18:05] | You make such brave choices. | 你的选择总是很需要勇气 |
[18:07] | Look, I come in peace. | 我并无恶意 |
[18:10] | All this bad blood, it — it’s got to stop. | 我们的不和 应该结束 |
[18:14] | Uh… Barry’s dropping out. | 巴瑞退出了 |
[18:15] | – Of high school? – Of the election. | -高中吗 -是选举 |
[18:18] | So you guys win. | 你们赢了 |
[18:20] | So unexpected. | 太意外了 |
[18:22] | And yet… I knew this would happen. | 但是 我知道会这样 |
[18:30] | Oh, winner! | 胜利者 |
[18:33] | – What? – Oh, no! | -什么 -不 |
[18:35] | Oh, my god, that must mean | 我的天 这意味着 |
[18:37] | they really loved the speech I wrote! | 大家真心喜欢我写的演讲稿 |
[18:39] | Yep, I, uh — I definitely think the speech helped clinch it. | 对 我绝对相信演讲起了作用 |
[18:42] | This is for all you out there with overbearing parents | 这是为了拥有专横家长 |
[18:45] | with no sense of shame or boundaries! | 拥有不懂羞耻与界限的家长的你们 |
[18:48] | Now, I don’t know how this exactly ties into being a treasurer. | 我不知道做财务部长究竟要怎样 |
[18:51] | But I do know if I can survive the berries | 但我知道如果我能在浆果 |
[18:54] | and the pictures of me being like this… | 还有我这样的照片中生存下来 |
[18:58] | …then I’m definitely the dude to lead this school | 那我绝对是领导这所学校的人选 |
[19:01] | ’cause all moms suck! Who’s with me?! | 因为所有的老妈都好差劲 谁赞同 |
[19:11] | We did it! We really did it! | 我们成功了 我们真的成功了 |
[19:13] | I mean, you — you did it. | 我是说 你成功了 |
[19:15] | This has nothing to do with me. | 这事跟我没关系 |
[19:19] | – Congrats. – Thank you. | -恭喜 -谢谢 |
[19:20] | -Good race. – It was. | -不错的竞选 -是的 |
[19:22] | – I know. – Do you? | -我知道 -是吗 |
[19:23] | – I do. – Drive safely. | -是的 -小心开车 |
[19:24] | I will. | 我会的 |
[19:30] | My mom would have some tough competition along the way, | 一路上我妈会有一些强硬对手 |
[19:33] | but Beverly Goldberg would always be | 但贝弗莉·金伯格永远都是 |
[19:35] | the original smother. | 原创的”爱你爱到你无语妈妈” |
[19:38] | And Erica was finally able to embrace her original self. | 而爱丽卡终于能够拥抱原来的自己 |
[19:44] | Hey, I know it’s been a while. | 我知道已经好久了 |
[19:46] | Um, I want to say I’m sorry for everything in the past. | 我想说 过去发生的事我很抱歉 |
[19:50] | But I’d love to be a part of model U.N. | 如果你们愿意再接受我的话 |
[19:52] | if you’d have me back. | 我想再加入模拟联合国 |
[19:53] | You can sit next to me. Pull up a chair. | 你可以坐在我旁边 大家快挪椅子 |
[19:55] | – You want to be the U.S.A.? – No, no, no, it’s fine. | -你想代表美国吗 -没关系 |
[19:57] | I was thinking… Senegal? | 我在想 塞内加尔行吗 |
[20:01] | As for my dad, he learned there were very few things | 至于我爸 他知道很少有理由 |
[20:03] | worth swallowing his pride for. | 值得让他放下骄傲 |
[20:05] | But his kid was one of them. | 但他的孩子是其中之一 |
[20:07] | Don’t talk. I know I’m wrong. | 别说话 我知道我错了 |
[20:10] | I know I’m banned. But I’m not here for me. | 我知道我被禁止入店 但我不是为自己来的 |
[20:14] | I’m here for someone who loves movies as much as you do. | 我是为了和你一样爱电影的人而来 |
[20:20] | Here. | 给 |
[20:21] | It’s a video-store membership. | 音像店会员卡 |
[20:23] | I’m banned. You’re not. | 我被禁止了 你没有 |
[20:25] | I’ve prepaid for 50 movies, | 我预先付了50部电影的费用 |
[20:27] | which should last you about a month. | 至少够你撑一个月了 |
[20:52] | Up next, “Rhinestone,” Starring Sylvester Stallone. | 接下来 《纽约司机》 主演史泰龙 |
[20:55] | Oh, “Rhinestone”! | 《纽约司机》 |
[20:56] | I hear Stallone sings in this one. | 我听说史泰龙在这里面唱歌了 |
[20:58] | Is there nothing that man cannot do? | 这家伙还真是无所不能 |
[21:01] | No! He’s Rambo! He’s Rocky! | 不 他是兰博 他是洛基 |
[21:03] | He doesn’t do country music. | 他不唱什么乡村歌曲 |
[21:05] | Where’s the remote? | 遥控器在哪里 |
[21:09] | What the… | 搞什么 |
[21:10] | “Temple of doom”?! | 《夺宝奇兵2》 |
[21:12] | Didn’t you rent that a couple of months ago? | 这不是你几个月前租的吗 |
[21:14] | 逾期67天 罚金100块5毛 另加两块倒带费 共计102块5毛 | |
[21:18] | Oh, balls. | 死定了 |