时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m home! | 我回家了 |
[00:02] | My dad was the least complicated guy on the planet. | 我爸是地球上最简单的人 |
[00:06] | His first order of business was to always be comfortable. | 他的首要追求永远是舒适 |
[00:09] | That meant parking his pants at the door. | 这意味着在门口脱掉长裤 |
[00:12] | His hobbies included sleeping in his chair… | 他的嗜好包括在沙发上睡着 |
[00:17] | …Watching “Fantasy island”… | 看《神秘岛》 |
[00:18] | Oh, don’t worry, boss. | 别担心 老板 |
[00:20] | …Sleeping in his chair… | 在沙发上睡着 |
[00:21] | …Yelling at the Phillies… | 对着费城人队大叫 |
[00:22] | What is that pitch?! | 这算是什么投球 |
[00:23] | …And sleeping in his chair. | 在沙发上睡着 |
[00:25] | Even his parenting style was simple | 他的为父之道也很简单 |
[00:27] | and always involved choice vocab words. | 总是涉及了选择性的词汇 |
[00:30] | Hey, you morons. Stop being morons. | 小白痴们 别再这么白痴了 |
[00:33] | Unreal. I raised a moron. | 不敢相信 我养了个白痴 |
[00:35] | Why you got to be a moron all the time? | 你为什么总是这么白痴 |
[00:36] | He wasn’t a complicated guy or, frankly, even that interesting. | 他是个简单的人 说实话 对什么都没兴趣 |
[00:39] | But every once in a while, | 但隔三差五的 |
[00:40] | he was accidentally reveal something about himself | 他会意外展现出一面 |
[00:42] | that would make you feel like you didn’t know him at all. | 会让你觉得你根本不认识他 |
[00:45] | All right, all fixed. | 好的 修好了 |
[00:47] | Wow! Where did you learn how to do that? | 了不起 你在哪里学的 |
[00:48] | Army. | 军队 |
[00:51] | What? Did you say “Army”? | 什么 你刚说的是”军队”吗 |
[00:54] | Dad, is this you and Lou Reed? | 爸 这是你和卢·里德吗[摇滚歌手] |
[00:56] | Yeah, we, uh, waited tables together. | 对 我们一起做过服务生 |
[00:58] | What? Tell me more. | 什么 接着讲 |
[01:00] | Eh, it was a whole thing. | 就是这样了 |
[01:02] | Wait! Come back! I want to know you! | 别走 回来 我想了解你 |
[01:09] | Pull up! Pull up! | 拉升 拉升 |
[01:10] | You’re gonna crash the plane. | 飞机要坠毁了 |
[01:11] | I was in a plane crash once. | 我曾经经历过一次坠机 |
[01:15] | Nap time. | 午睡时间到 |
[01:17] | Yep, some people glorify the past, | 没错 有些人会吹嘘想当年 |
[01:20] | but not my dad. | 但我爸不会 |
[01:21] | To him, it’s like it never even happened. | 对他来说 过去似乎没发生过 |
[01:23] | Oh, my god, Murray, you’re not gonna believe it. | 我的天 默里 你不会相信的 |
[01:25] | I just got off the phone with your old high school. | 你就读的高中刚才打来电话 |
[01:27] | Your record has been broken. | 你的纪录被刷新了 |
[01:29] | Whoa, wait. Dad had a record in high school? | 慢着 爸读高中时还有纪录吗 |
[01:32] | What kind of record? | 什么样的纪录 |
[01:33] | Chili! He loves chili. | 辣椒酱 他爱辣椒酱 |
[01:34] | It’s something to do with chili. | 肯定是和辣椒酱有关的 |
[01:36] | True, but that’s not it. | 他的确喜欢 但不是的 |
[01:37] | Your dad set the record for most free throws in a row | 你爸创下了中心高中的 |
[01:41] | at Central High. | 连续罚球纪录 |
[01:42] | Like, in basketball? W-what are you talking about? | 篮球吗 说什么呢 |
[01:45] | What can I say? We won state. | 叫我怎么说 我们赢了州比赛 |
[01:47] | Uh, I hit 79 free throws in a row. | 我连着进了79个的罚球 |
[01:50] | Uh, what do you want from me? | 你想我怎样 |
[01:52] | Murray, the high school wants you to go back | 默里 高中想请你回去 |
[01:53] | so they can honor you at the game Saturday night. | 这样周六晚的比赛 他们可以向你致敬 |
[01:56] | We get to stay downtown, | 我们要住在市区 |
[01:59] | and there’s gonna be a banquet. | 而且还会有宴会 |
[02:02] | A banquet?! | 宴会 |
[02:03] | That’s the fanciest of all food parties! | 这是食物派对中最高级的 |
[02:05] | I know! It’s a very big deal. | 我知道 这是大事 |
[02:07] | Here’s the thing about that. Pass. | 我是这样想的 不去 |
[02:09] | – No pass. – Pass! | -不能不去 -不去 |
[02:11] | – I already told them you’d be there.- Why would you do that? | -我已经说了你会去 -你为什么这样做 |
[02:13] | You know I don’t have an interest in things. | 你知道我对任何事都没兴趣 |
[02:14] | Is this for real? | 这是真的吗 |
[02:16] | I mean, we’ve never even seen you touch a basketball. | 我们甚至没见过你碰篮球 |
[02:18] | Yeah, I mean, I can’t believe this. | 真是不敢相信 |
[02:20] | It’s one of my dreams to play in the NBA, | 我的梦想之一就是进NBA打球 |
[02:23] | and you never once mentioned it? | 而你却一次也没提过这事 |
[02:24] | Didn’t see how it was relevant. | 没看出来有什么关系 |
[02:25] | Oh, it’s relevant. | 关系可大了 |
[02:28] | What you gonna do? What you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 你打算怎么做 |
[02:31] | What you gonna do? What you gonna do? | 你打算怎么做 你打算怎么做 |
[02:33] | Not much more than what I’m doing right now. | 跟现在做的差不多 |
[02:35] | I want you to show me what you got, free-throw king! | 我想看看你的水平 罚球帝 |
[02:38] | Are we, uh, done here yet? | 完事了吗 |
[02:39] | No! You were clearly some type of popular high school god. | 不 你显然是受欢迎的高中大神 |
[02:43] | Tell me what it was like. | 告诉我是什么样子的 |
[02:44] | I don’t know. I, uh, dated a lot of girls. | 不知道 我约会了不少姑娘 |
[02:47] | I went to parties. | 我参加了不少派对 |
[02:48] | I got elected class president a few times. | 我当选了几次班长 |
[02:50] | Lunch lady gave me free jell-o. | 午餐大婶免费请我吃果冻 |
[02:52] | Eh, the usual. | 很平常 |
[02:53] | Not usual. That’s the opposite of my life. | 不平常 这完全与我的生活相反 |
[02:56] | The lunch lady said | 午餐大婶说我 |
[02:57] | I look like the warlord who burnt down her village. | 看起来像烧了她村子的军阀 |
[03:00] | – I’m going in. – No, wait, wait! Come on! | -我进去了 -不 等等 拜托 |
[03:01] | I thought you were gonna give me some pointers. | 我以为你要给我指点两下 |
[03:03] | Unless you want me to give you some. | 除非你想让我指点你两下 |
[03:05] | How about from way downtown? | 三分线以外怎么样 |
[03:09] | Hope you brought an umbrella, | 希望你带了伞 |
[03:10] | ’cause it’s about to rain some 3s! | 因为要下三分球雨了 |
[03:13] | Swish, baby! | 进啊 宝贝 |
[03:15] | Fundamentals! | 基本功 |
[03:16] | Intangibles! | 无形资产[指意志力等等] |
[03:18] | Unselfish! | 无私 |
[03:20] | Basketball! | 篮球 |
[03:22] | And that’s how you do it. | 投篮就是要这样 |
[03:38] | ‘sup, Lexy Bloom? | 你好吗 拉克茜·布鲁姆 |
[03:39] | Ready to break the seal on this new yearbook, or what? | 想在这本新年鉴上签下第一笔吗 |
[03:42] | Uh, sure. | 好的 |
[03:43] | This year, Barry left an entire page blank | 这一年 巴瑞把整个年鉴留空 |
[03:46] | for the one signature he cared about — | 只为了一个他在乎的签名 |
[03:48] | His dream girl, Lexy Bloom. | 他的梦中女孩 拉克茜·布鲁姆 |
[03:51] | “Have a bitchin’ summer, Gustav”? | 暑假玩得开心哦 古斯塔夫 |
[03:54] | I’m not the swedish exchange student! | 我不是瑞典交换生 |
[03:56] | I’m speaking english to you! | 我跟你说的可是英语 |
[04:01] | Swing and a miss. | 挥棒落空 |
[04:03] | Aw, you love her, and she thinks you’re from Sweden. | 你爱她 她却以为你是从瑞典来的 |
[04:05] | I’ve spent all year trying to make a name for myself, | 我这一整年都在努力打出自己的名号 |
[04:07] | and Lexy Bloom still doesn’t know who I am. | 但拉克茜·布鲁姆依然不知道我是谁 |
[04:09] | She’s so lucky. | 她真幸运 |
[04:11] | If only there was a way to, like, have a casual get-together | 如果能有一种办法 能和全校最酷的学生 |
[04:15] | with the coolest kids from school, | 随意地聚在一起 |
[04:17] | like, at our house, | 比如说在我们家 |
[04:18] | but without the formal, sit-down dinner. | 但没有正式的晚宴 |
[04:20] | I think you’re describing a party. | 我想你说的是派对 |
[04:21] | Oh, my god. I have the greatest idea. | 我的天 我有一个好棒的主意 |
[04:24] | I’m gonna throw a party. | 我要办一个派对 |
[04:26] | Mom and dad are staying downtown Saturday night. | 爸妈周六晚在市区 |
[04:29] | I’ll invite the whole school! | 我要邀请全校的人 |
[04:30] | Whoa, hold on. | 先别激动 |
[04:31] | – Uh, I want you to think about this — – High-school friends! | -我要你好好想想 -高中朋友们 |
[04:34] | This Saturday night, | 这个周六晚 |
[04:35] | I’m inviting you to the best party | 我邀请你们参加有史以来 |
[04:37] | in the history of William Penn Academy, | 威廉·佩恩高中最棒的派对 |
[04:40] | thrown by yours truly! | 举办人正是在下 |
[04:41] | We love you, Gustav! | 我们爱你 古斯塔夫 |
[04:42] | No! I’m Barry Goldberg! | 不 我是巴瑞·金伯格 |
[04:45] | Doesn’t matter! Party at my place! | 没关系 我家办派对 |
[04:49] | For the next few days, | 接下来几天 |
[04:51] | Barry spread the word all over school. | 巴瑞在全校范围内散布消息 |
[04:53] | It was gonna be a wild rager, | 到时一定是个狂野派对 |
[04:54] | and nobody was more excited than me. | 没人比我更激动了 |
[04:57] | Oh, man. My first high-school party | 老天 我的第一场高中派对 |
[04:59] | with r-rated language and adult situations. | R级语言 成人场景 |
[05:03] | This is my “Risky Business.” | 这是我自己的《乖仔也疯狂》 |
[05:05] | Damn right! | 太对了 |
[05:07] | There’s gonna be dancing, fistfights, | 到时会有跳舞 打架 |
[05:09] | pizzas on record players, | 披萨在唱片机上 |
[05:11] | hot cheerleaders jumping from the roof into the pool. | 漂亮啦啦队员从屋顶上跳进泳池里 |
[05:14] | We don’t have a pool. | 咱家没有游泳池 |
[05:16] | Don’t we? | 没有吗 |
[05:18] | Blow this up. | 吹起来 |
[05:20] | Sweet! | 太棒了 |
[05:21] | I’m gonna go grab my inhaler and get started. | 我去拿哮喘吸入器 这就开始吹 |
[05:23] | Okay! | 好了 |
[05:24] | I got twister and ashtrays. | 我这里有扭扭乐和烟灰缸 |
[05:26] | What time’s this party kicking off? | 派对什么时候开始 |
[05:28] | Whoa, wait. You’re okay with this? | 慢着 你没意见吗 |
[05:29] | Uh, look, I-I don’t condone lying to your parents, | 我不认同对你父母撒谎 |
[05:33] | but I’ve been tracking your highs and lows this year. | 但我看着你这年起起伏伏 |
[05:36] | And frankly, you need this. | 说实话 你需要这个 |
[05:37] | Awesome! | 太棒了 |
[05:39] | Only thing left is to make sure | 现在只剩下确保 |
[05:40] | mom and dad leave without suspecting a thing. | 爸妈走的时候不疑心就行了 |
[05:42] | Okay, love bugs. | 好了 我的宝贝 |
[05:44] | Pops is in charge while we’re away for the evening. | 我们晚上不在 你们得听老爷子的 |
[05:47] | Have fun. | 玩得开心 |
[05:47] | No fun here. | 怎么会开心 |
[05:48] | We’re just gonna sit here bored to death | 我们会坐在这里闷到死 |
[05:50] | waiting for you to come home. | 等你们回家 |
[05:51] | Oh, well, in that case, throw on some shoes and join us! | 这样的话 穿上鞋子跟我们走 |
[05:54] | I insist. | 就这样定了 |
[05:54] | Then it’s settled. We’re coming. | 那就这样 我们也去 |
[05:56] | – What are you doing? – Panicking. | -你做什么 -我慌了 |
[05:58] | Okay, if the kids come with us, I’m staying home. | 如果孩子们一起去 我就留家里 |
[06:01] | Great! Stay. | 太好了 留下 |
[06:02] | What’s wrong with you?! | 你什么毛病啊 |
[06:04] | The more the merrier. | 人越多越好 |
[06:05] | You’re a stupid, stupid boy. | 你真是个超级蠢的笨蛋 |
[06:06] | Y-you two just go. I’ll hold down the fort. | 你们去吧 这里有我 |
[06:09] | – All right. – Dinner’s in the fridge. | -好吧 -晚餐在冰箱里 |
[06:13] | That was a close one. | 好险啊 |
[06:15] | We make a good team, guys. | 我们合作得太棒了 |
[06:17] | Ladies and gentlemen… | 女士们先生们 |
[06:18] | While Barry couldn’t wait to start his epic night, | 巴瑞等不及他的史诗经典夜开始时 |
[06:20] | My dad was still indifferent about his… | 我爸依然对他的漠不关心 |
[06:22] | …Captain of the 1961 state championship team | 1961年州冠军队的队长 |
[06:24] | Murray Goldberg! | 默里·金伯格 |
[06:26] | …Until this happened. | 直到他看到这一幕 |
[06:29] | What the hell’s going on? | 这是怎么啦 |
[06:31] | What’s wrong with these people? | 这些人什么毛病啊 |
[06:32] | Nothing — they love you, Murray. | 没什么 他们爱你 默里 |
[06:36] | For my dad, the past was the past. | 对我爸来说 过去已经过去了 |
[06:38] | He never wanted to be | 他从来不想 |
[06:38] | one of those guys always recounting his glory days. | 做那种总是追忆当年辉煌的人 |
[06:41] | But for one shining moment, he decided to embrace it. | 但在那闪耀的时刻 他决定拥抱过去 |
[06:45] | Let’s go, beavers! Let’s go! | 加油 海狸们 加油 |
[06:48] | Chomp, chomp, chomp! | 咬咬咬 |
[06:49] | My dad hadn’t picked up a basketball in years. | 我爸多年没碰篮球了 |
[06:51] | But by the end of the first half, | 但上半场结束时 |
[06:52] | he was ready to suit up. | 他已经整装待发了 |
[06:56] | That’s how we do it, beavers! | 篮球就是这样打的 海狸们 |
[06:58] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[06:59] | Just want to take a quick moment | 在这里简短说几句 |
[07:01] | to welcome back Murray Goldberg. | 欢迎默里·金伯格回到母校 |
[07:03] | In honor of his 25-year-old record, | 为纪念他25年的纪录 |
[07:05] | we’d like to present him | 我们要送给他 |
[07:06] | with a ball signed by the entire team. | 这个全队签名的篮球 |
[07:08] | Murray, come on down. | 默里 过来吧 |
[07:13] | Hey, hot stuff! | 嘿 高手 |
[07:18] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢 太感谢了 |
[07:21] | Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball! | 射篮 射篮 射篮 |
[07:23] | Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball! | 射篮 射篮 |
[07:25] | Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball! | 射篮 射篮 |
[07:27] | Really? What are you doing? | 不是吧 你做什么呢 |
[07:30] | Shoot the ball! Shoot the ball! | 射篮 射篮 |
[07:34] | That’s my husband! | 那是我老公 |
[07:38] | The moment my dad stepped to that line, | 我爸站到罚球线的那一刻 |
[07:40] | he realized he was still that kid from high school — | 他意识到他依然是高中时的那个少年 |
[07:43] | An athlete, a legend, a champion. | 运动员 传奇 冠军 |
[07:47] | and then, he did this. | 结果 他这样做了 |
[08:00] | Got it! | 拍到了 |
[08:01] | You suck, old man! | 你好差劲 老家伙 |
[08:06] | In his defense, that was a very common shooting style | 为他说句话 这种罚球方式在他年轻时 |
[08:09] | back in the day. | 非常流行 |
[08:10] | But as the chant of “Air ball” rang through the gym, | 但随着”三不沾”的嘘声响彻体育馆 |
[08:13] | it only confirmed to my dad | 只是证明了我爸 |
[08:14] | that he didn’t belong on that court. | 不属于这个球场 |
[08:16] | He belonged in front of the tv in his underpants. | 他的归属是穿着内裤 坐在电视机前 |
[08:19] | But this wasn’t the most embarrassing display of the evening. | 但这还不是当晚最尴尬的一幕 |
[08:22] | That belonged to my brother’s epic party. | 最尴尬的还是我哥史诗经典的派对 |
[08:25] | It was 9:00, | 已经九点了 |
[08:26] | and the only people that showed up were me, | 到场的人只有我 |
[08:28] | Roger Mcfadden, who brought bugles, | 罗杰·麦克法登 他带了妙脆角来 |
[08:31] | and Gustav, the foreign-exchange student. | 还有外国交换生 古斯塔夫 |
[08:34] | Later. I’m going out. | 回见 我出去了 |
[08:36] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 慢着 慢着 |
[08:37] | Look — look what’s happening in there. | 看那里 |
[08:40] | It’s a pure sausage fest. | 全男生聚会 |
[08:42] | The bugles are for hot chicks only! | 妙脆角只有漂亮女生才可以吃 |
[08:44] | You’re a popular girl. Invite some of your friends over. | 你是个受欢迎的女生 请一些你的朋友过来 |
[08:48] | The poor guy needs this. | 那可怜的家伙需要这场派对 |
[08:49] | Shut up, Gustav! | 闭嘴 古斯塔夫 |
[08:51] | It’s called being fashionably late. | 这叫做恰到好处的姗姗来迟 |
[08:53] | Fine. I’ll call a couple of my friends. | 好吧 我打电话给几个朋友 |
[08:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:58] | Nowadays, all it would take is a tweet. | 现在 这事一个推特就能搞定 |
[09:00] | But back then, one phone call worked just as well. | 但那时 一个电话也同样能搞定 |
[09:02] | I thought you said “A couple of friends.” | 你不是说几个朋友吗 |
[09:04] | All I did was call Lainey. | 我就打给了兰妮 |
[09:06] | You wanted Barry to have fun, right? | 你想要巴瑞玩得开心对吗 |
[09:08] | Look at the guy. He is the man. | 瞧瞧他 完全是大人物 |
[09:11] | Welcome to casa de Barry, ladies! | 欢迎来到巴瑞的家 女士们 |
[09:13] | Looking good. Nice pants, random dude. | 气色不错 裤子很不错嘛 不认识的哥们 |
[09:17] | Told you I’d rock. | 告诉过你我能行的 |
[09:18] | Is the party like a rap video, or what? | 这场派对完全就像是饶舌歌MTV对吗 |
[09:21] | Move over, aunt Rose’s 50th. | 一边凉快去 罗斯姨妈的50大寿 |
[09:23] | This is the hottest party this dining room’s ever seen. | 这是咱家餐厅见识过的最热闹的派对 |
[09:30] | Holy crap. It’s Lexy Bloom. | 我的妈呀 是拉克茜·布鲁姆 |
[09:33] | She came! | 她来了 |
[09:34] | She’s here! | 她在这里 |
[09:35] | What are you waiting for, man? | 你还在等什么 老哥 |
[09:36] | Chiclet me. | 扔颗口香糖 |
[09:40] | Whoa, girl. | 美女 |
[09:41] | I see you found the V.I.P. Section. | 看来你找到了贵宾区 |
[09:43] | What makes this the V.I.P. Section? | 为什么这里是贵宾区 |
[09:45] | ’cause I’m here. | 因为我在这里 |
[09:46] | Anything you want, I’ll make it happen. | 你要什么 我就能提供什么 |
[09:48] | Fruit roll-ups? Bagel bites? | 水果卷 百吉饼 |
[09:51] | Flintstone vitamins? | 摩登原始人牌维生素片 |
[09:53] | The world’s your oyster, baby. | 你想要什么都有 亲爱的 |
[09:54] | See? | 看见没 |
[09:55] | We just gave your weird little brother | 我们刚给了你奇怪的弟弟 |
[09:57] | the best night of his life. | 他人生中最美好的一晚 |
[09:59] | Whoo! The party has arrived! | 本大爷来了 |
[10:03] | You go to school with him? | 你和他同校吗 |
[10:05] | I do not. | 没有 |
[10:07] | And we’re out of hand. | 情况失控了 |
[10:08] | Who wants to take a shower? | 谁要去冲澡 |
[10:13] | By 10:00, Barry’s party was blowing up… | 十点时 巴瑞的派对气氛爆发了 |
[10:16] | But not as much as my sister. | 但没有我姐爆发得那么厉害 |
[10:18] | Hey! Stop! You’re spilling everywhere! | 住手 撒得到处都是 |
[10:22] | You! | 你们两个 |
[10:23] | Stop making out in my dad’s chair! | 不准在我爸的沙发上亲热 |
[10:25] | He lives there! | 这是他的栖息地 |
[10:28] | What the hell?! That’s my mom’s! | 搞什么 这是我妈妈的 |
[10:31] | Why are you wearing that? | 为什么你穿着 |
[10:32] | Oh, it’s a sweater party. | 这是场毛衣派对 |
[10:33] | That’s not a thing. | 根本没这回事 |
[10:34] | And I put a sign on the stairs that said “Off limits.” | 我在楼梯上挂了”禁止入内”的标语 |
[10:37] | Ah, yeah, that piece of yarn broke, | 挂着的线断了 |
[10:39] | so we all just kind of… Helped ourselves. | 所以我们就不客气了 |
[10:41] | “We”? | 我们 |
[10:50] | Off! Everyone take it off! | 脱下 所有人脱下 |
[10:53] | Yes! It’s happening! Take it off! | 太棒了 终于发生了 快脱下 |
[10:55] | Adam, go upstairs! | 亚当 上楼去 |
[10:57] | Well, the sign says it’s off limits. | 标语上写着”禁止入内” |
[10:59] | The yarn is broken. Upstairs. | 线断了 给我上楼 |
[11:03] | I said “Upstairs”! | 我说了上楼 |
[11:04] | Okay. This is officially nuts. | 好了 局面正式失控了 |
[11:08] | You need to put an end to this. | 你要结束这一切 |
[11:10] | Me?! You’re the adult! | 我 你才是成年人 |
[11:11] | I’m the cool grandpa. I can’t be the bummer. | 我是酷外公 我不能做扫兴鬼 |
[11:15] | You be the bummer. | 你做扫兴鬼 |
[11:16] | Uh, there’s a pizza on the record player. | 有块披萨在唱片机上 |
[11:19] | It’s bad for the needle. | 这样对唱片针可不好 |
[11:23] | You people are disgusting! | 你们这些人真恶心 |
[11:27] | What the hell are you doing?! | 你到底在做什么 |
[11:28] | It’s a sweater party. | 这是场毛衣派对 |
[11:29] | That’s not a thing! | 根本没这回事 |
[11:31] | Stop encouraging this. You need to shut it down. | 别再煽风点火 你要结束派对 |
[11:33] | Shut it down? | 结束 |
[11:35] | No way! This is my party. | 不可能 这是我的派对 |
[11:38] | And I say we rage on until the crack of dawn!! | 我说我们要狂欢到黎明 |
[11:42] | Yeah! | 好棒 |
[11:43] | Well, I say we each pick up one piece of trash and leave! | 我说每人捡点垃圾后走人 |
[11:48] | Boo! | 呸 |
[11:52] | Smile all you want. That’s it. | 想笑你就笑 够了 |
[11:54] | I’m calling the hotel where mom and dad are staying. | 我给爸妈住的酒店打电话 |
[11:57] | I see what this is. | 我明白是怎么回事 |
[11:58] | You’re jealous | 你嫉妒了 |
[11:59] | ’cause I’ve thrown the greatest party of all time. | 因为我办了场有史以来最棒的派对 |
[12:02] | Look around. It’s not your party. | 你好好看看 这不是你的派对 |
[12:04] | These are all my friends. | 这些全是我的朋友 |
[12:06] | Yo, Ari. | 喂 艾里 |
[12:09] | Whose party is this? | 这是谁的派对 |
[12:10] | Erica’s throwing a going-away party for the swedish dude. | 爱丽卡为那个瑞典小子举办的送别派对 |
[12:14] | It doesn’t matter. Lexy Bloom’s here. | 不重要 拉克茜·布鲁姆来了 |
[12:16] | She came to see me. | 她是来见我的 |
[12:17] | Oh, did she? | 是吗 |
[12:25] | Barry, wait. | 巴瑞 等等 |
[12:27] | I didn’t mean to — | 我不是故意… |
[12:33] | That did not go well. | 刚才不太顺利 |
[12:34] | No, it did not. | 是的 |
[12:35] | Why are you so mad at me? | 你为什么这么生我的气 |
[12:38] | I saw the look on your face. | 我看到你的表情了 |
[12:39] | You were thrilled to be back out there on that court. | 你很激动重返球场 |
[12:41] | You know why I don’t talk about the past? | 你知道我为什么不谈过去吗 |
[12:43] | I’m gonna tell you. | 我来告诉我 |
[12:44] | Because it was great. | 因为过去很棒 |
[12:46] | I was class president. I was a basketball star. | 我是班长 我是篮球明星 |
[12:49] | I was a hero. | 我是英雄 |
[12:50] | And now I’m just none of those things. | 现在我什么也不是 |
[12:54] | Have you ever tried shooting the ball this way? | 你试过这样投篮吗 |
[12:56] | It was a very common shooting style! | 当年这种投法非常流行 |
[13:00] | Turns out, my dad wasn’t the only one kicking himself. | 结果 我爸不是唯一懊恼至极的人 |
[13:03] | Barry’s big chance | 巴瑞与成为传奇 |
[13:04] | to become a legend and win over Lexy Bloom | 赢取拉克茜·布鲁姆芳心的重大机会 |
[13:06] | had literally been kissed goodbye. | 正式吻别了 |
[13:08] | What’s shaking, Gustav? | 怎么啦 古斯塔夫 |
[13:11] | I wish I was Gustav. | 我倒希望自己是古斯塔夫 |
[13:13] | Except for that weird fish lunch he always brings. | 除了无法接受他带的午餐总是有奇怪的鱼 |
[13:16] | So, why you out here, missing your own party? | 你为什么出来了 不在自己的派对上待着 |
[13:20] | Well, it has come to my attention | 我注意到 |
[13:22] | that this is Erica’s party, | 这是爱丽卡的派对 |
[13:23] | and I’m just a big, giant, invisible bag of suck. | 我只是个巨大的被大家无视的倒霉蛋 |
[13:26] | Oh, come on. You’re not invisible. | 拜托 大家没无视你 |
[13:28] | You’re Barry Goldberg, the guy who freaked out | 你是巴瑞·金伯格 冲午餐大婶发飙的人 |
[13:30] | on the lunch lady because they ran out of pudding. | 因为没有布丁了 |
[13:32] | Why is that the only thing anyone ever remembers about me? | 为什么大家就记得我这件事 |
[13:35] | Hey, they promised pudding. They had no pudding. | 学校保证了有布丁 但结果没有 |
[13:39] | It was a dark day. | 那是黑暗的一天 |
[13:41] | Look, I know you feel like this year was a bust, | 我知道你觉得今年很不顺 |
[13:43] | but you did a ton of cool stuff — | 但你做了不少令人印象深刻的事 |
[13:46] | Karate in the talent show. | 才艺表演上的空手道 |
[13:48] | You’re on the wrestling team. | 你参加了摔角队 |
[13:50] | You did that rap video | 你拍了饶舌MTV |
[13:51] | about stone cold groovin’ on a ferris wheel. | 讲述了摩天轮上的心动故事 |
[13:52] | – You like my rap? – It’s hilarious. | -你喜欢我的饶舌歌 -太好笑了 |
[13:56] | Wait, that’s what you were going for, right? | 你的目的就是要搞笑对吗 |
[13:59] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[14:00] | How do you know so much stuff about me? | 你怎么知道我这么多事 |
[14:02] | Your sister’s my best friend. | 你姐是我最好的朋友 |
[14:04] | I’ve known you my whole life, | 我已经认识你一辈子了 |
[14:05] | and I can honestly say there’s… | 我可以诚实地说 |
[14:07] | No one like you. | 你与众不同 |
[14:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:10] | Who knew my sister’s wild, bad-influence best friend | 谁会想到我姐开放的 有着坏影响的最佳损友 |
[14:13] | would be the one to remind my brother that he was special | 居然以奇怪的 巴瑞的方式 |
[14:15] | in his own bizarre, Barry kind of way? | 提醒了我哥他是特别的 |
[14:18] | Now stop pouting | 别再郁闷了 |
[14:20] | and come show Erica’s friends whose party it really is. | 进去让爱丽卡的朋友们看看 这到底是谁的派对 |
[14:24] | For the first time in ages, | 很长时间以来第一次 |
[14:26] | things were looking up for my big bro. | 对我哥来说有了盼头 |
[14:28] | It didn’t last long. | 但好景不长 |
[14:32] | Oh, god! | 我的天 |
[14:33] | Oh, balls! | 死了 |
[14:38] | Everybody try and clean up a little bit! | 大家试着收拾一下 |
[14:39] | I-I’m going to bed! Everyone, run! | 我去睡觉了 大家快逃命吧 |
[14:46] | As Barry watched my parents get out of that car, | 巴瑞看着爸妈走下车 |
[14:48] | he knew there was only one thing to do — | 他知道只有一件事可以做 |
[14:50] | Freak out. | 吓傻掉 |
[14:52] | Mom! Dad! | 妈 爸 |
[14:54] | Why are you home? | 你们怎么回来啦 |
[14:55] | You’re supposed to be at the hotel! | 你们应该待在酒店 |
[14:56] | There was a banquet! Who skips a banquet?! | 有宴会啊 谁会错过宴会 |
[14:58] | A party?! | 派对 |
[14:59] | I don’t even like my own kids, | 我连自己的孩子都不喜欢 |
[15:01] | let alone a house full of other people’s! | 更别说一屋子的陌生人 |
[15:03] | Murray! Oh, my god. They’re wearing my sweaters! | 默里 老天爷 他们穿的是我的毛衣 |
[15:06] | No! Those aren’t yours! | 不 那些不是你的 |
[15:08] | It’s a look that’s happening! Watch MTV! | 现在就流行这样 看看MTV台就知道 |
[15:11] | Yeah, I’m sure all the young boys | 是啊 我确信所有年轻男生 |
[15:13] | are wearing leopard sweaters. | 现在都穿豹子图案的毛衣 |
[15:14] | Hey! That’s my leopard! | 喂 那是我的豹子 |
[15:17] | Okay, fine. Clearly, you’re gonna kill me, and — | 好吧 显然 你们会杀了我 |
[15:19] | Yes! Yes, I am! | 是的 我会的 |
[15:21] | Do it, Murray. Do it with your hands. | 快点 默里 徒手宰了这不孝子 |
[15:22] | Just hear me out, please. | 请听我说 |
[15:25] | I’m nothing like you, dad. | 我和你完全不同 爸 |
[15:27] | I don’t dominate in high school. | 在高中我不是老大 |
[15:29] | I don’t hold sports records. | 我没有保持体育纪录 |
[15:31] | People only know me ’cause I get angry at pudding. | 大家认识我 只是因为我为布丁发怒了 |
[15:34] | Listen, you’ve had your glory days, | 听我说 你有着辉煌的过去 |
[15:37] | and they sounded awesome. | 听起来棒极了 |
[15:38] | But this, in there, | 但这个 这里的一切 |
[15:41] | this is the best I’m ever gonna do. | 我最好也就只能做到这样了 |
[15:44] | Oh, boopie. That’s so sad. | 宝贝 太可怜了 |
[15:48] | But you are in so much trouble. | 但你的麻烦可大了 |
[15:49] | But…Aww. | 但是 好可怜 |
[15:50] | I’m begging you. This is my moment. | 我求你们了 这是我的时刻 |
[15:53] | All I’m asking for | 我只要求 |
[15:54] | is seven more hours of nonstop partying. | 再多七个小时的连续派对 |
[15:56] | Absolutely not. | 当然不行 |
[15:58] | You got 10 minutes. | 你有十分钟 |
[16:00] | – Seriously? – Yeah, but do me a favor. | -真的吗 -就当帮我一个忙 |
[16:03] | Make this a night you’ll always remember. | 让今晚成为你永生难忘的夜晚 |
[16:05] | You are the greatest father on this planet. | 你是地球上最好的父亲 |
[16:09] | As my brother desperately sprinted off | 我哥拼命地冲向 |
[16:11] | for his 10 minutes of glory, | 他十分钟的辉煌时 |
[16:12] | my dad realized he could still be a hero | 我爸意识到 他依然可以做 |
[16:14] | to someone who actually mattered. | 对他来说真正重要之人的英雄 |
[16:16] | Awful parenting choice. | 糟糕的为父之道 |
[16:18] | Just awful. | 糟糕透了 |
[16:20] | You’ve seen him run. He needs this. | 你也看到他跑步的样子了 他需要这个 |
[16:43] | This was it — Barry’s year was coming to a close, | 就是这样 巴瑞的学年进入了尾声 |
[16:46] | and it all came down to 10 magical minutes. | 以最后的神奇十分钟谢幕 |
[16:52] | He knew there was only one way to leave his mark. | 他知道只有一种方法留下自己的标志 |
[16:54] | That was on the dance floor. | 那就是在舞池上 |
[16:57] | He may have been a far cry from Michael Jackson. | 虽然他与迈克尔·杰克逊相距甚远 |
[16:59] | But in that moment, he sure felt like him. | 但在那一刻 他觉得自己杰克逊附体了 |
[17:02] | It wasn’t just Barry’s enthusiasm | 让大家围拢来的 |
[17:03] | that brought the crowd together. | 不仅是巴瑞的热情 |
[17:05] | It was his giant ’80s boom box | 还有他那巨大的80年代录音机 |
[17:08] | blasting out the anthem of our youth. | 大声唱出了我们青春的圣歌 |
[17:10] | And it sounded like this. | 听起来是这样的 |
[17:13] | Oh, we’re halfway there | 我们一定会成功 |
[17:17] | Whoa, livin’ on a prayer | 活在祈祷中 |
[17:21] | Take my hand | 牵着我的手 |
[17:22] | We’ll make it, I swear | 我发誓 我们一定会成功 |
[17:24] | Whoa, livin’ on a prayer | 活在祈祷中 |
[17:28] | Who is that guy? | 那家伙是谁 |
[17:30] | That’s Barry Goldbg. This is his party. | 那是巴瑞·金伯格 这是他的派对 |
[17:36] | Dude, Lexy Bloom’s looking over here. | 兄弟 拉克茜·布鲁姆看着这边 |
[17:40] | What do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[17:41] | I’m gonna help you out. You ready to make her jealous? | 我会帮你 你想让她嫉妒吗 |
[17:43] | Make her what? | 让她什么 |
[17:51] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[17:52] | Ow! I don’t know! What are you doing? | 好痛 我不知道 你做什么 |
[18:06] | This is the greatest night of my life! | 这是我这辈子最美好的夜晚 |
[18:13] | Times up! Get the hell out of my house! | 时间到 滚出我的家 |
[18:15] | And leave my sweaters! | 留下我的毛衣 |
[18:17] | Naturally, my brother was grounded for the entire summer. | 自然而然 我哥被禁足整个暑假 |
[18:21] | And you get to take all my sweaters to the dry cleaners. | 你要把我所有的毛衣拿去干洗 |
[18:24] | But sometimes, | 但有时候 |
[18:25] | those magic moments are worth it. | 为了那神奇的时刻 怎样都值得 |
[18:27] | I’m very upset. You have a lot of nerve, young man. | 我非常生气 你胆子真不小 年轻人 |
[18:29] | It was a night he’d carry with him forever, | 那是他将永生铭记的一晚 |
[18:32] | A night no one could take away. | 没人可以夺走的一晚 |
[18:35] | For one brief moment, | 在那短暂的一刻 |
[18:37] | Barry Goldberg was a legend. | 巴瑞·金伯格是个传奇 |
[18:51] | Y-you want to hear about, uh, how I met Lou Reed? | 你想听听 我是怎么认识卢·里德的吗 |
[18:55] | Uh, yeah. | 想 |
[18:57] | Okay. It was 1965… | 好的 那是1965年 |
[18:59] | Sure, my dad would always be the kind of guy | 当然 我爸永远会是那种 |
[19:01] | who loved his tv and his la-z-boy. | 喜爱电视和懒人沙发的人 |
[19:04] | But after that fateful night, | 但在那命中注定的一晚后 |
[19:05] | he found it easier to open up a bit more. | 他觉得敞开心扉容易些了 |
[19:08] | Swish, baby! | 进啊 宝贝 |
[19:11] | Okay, by my count, | 据我计算 |
[19:13] | you’ve missed the last 22 shots. | 你之前22球全没投进 |
[19:16] | Just do it my way once. | 按我的方式投一次吧 |
[19:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[19:23] | Swish, baby! | 进啊 宝贝 |
[19:25] | New shooting style! | 新的投篮方式 |
[19:27] | And, even crazier, | 更疯狂的是 |
[19:28] | Barry got my dad, the free-throw king… | 巴瑞让我爸 罚球帝 |
[19:31] | …Back on the court for some actual pointers. | 重返球场给他一些指导 |
[19:33] | Intangibles! | 无形资产 |
[19:34] | It didn’t help much. | 但帮助不大 |
[19:36] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[19:38] | You’re delicious no matter how bad you are. | 你长得这么可爱 球技多烂也没关系 |
[19:40] | Oh, damn it, Barry! | 见鬼 巴瑞 |
[19:42] | When it comes to my childhood, | 说到我的童年 |
[19:43] | I may not always remember… | 也许我并不能总记得 |
[19:44] | …exactly when something happened, | 事情发生的具体时间 |
[19:47] | or exactly who was there. | 或是参与者都有谁 |
[19:48] | But I do know that it was 1980-something | 但我知道 那是一九八几年 |
[19:52] | and it was awesome. | 超级棒的金色年代 |
[19:56] | Stop videotaping! Get out! Mom! | 别再拍了 出去 妈 |
[19:59] | Stop! I swear… | 别拍了 我发誓… |
[20:04] | Death blow. Death blow. | 致命一击 致命一击 |
[20:08] | You’re aggravating me, you little bastard! | 你把我给惹火了 小兔崽子 |
[20:10] | He’s aggravating me, the little bastard! | 他把我给惹火了 小兔崽子 |
[20:12] | Why are you hitting yourself, huh? | 你为什么要打自己 |
[20:13] | What did your face ever do to you? | 你脸怎么你啦 |
[20:16] | Open up. | 打开 |
[20:17] | No! No! No! No! No! | 不 就不 就不 |
[20:20] | No. No. No. No. | 就不 就不 |
[20:25] | My god. This house is going nuts. | 我的天 这个家真是疯了 |
[20:28] | This house is going nuts. | 这个家真是疯了 |
[20:29] | I am optimus prime, | 我是擎天柱 |
[20:31] | and I am a good guy, and I will kick your butt! | 我是好人 我会打败你 |
[20:33] | Who’s there? | 谁啊 |
[20:34] | Get dressed now! | 快换好衣服 |
[20:35] | Get dressed now. | 快换好衣服 |
[20:37] | And this is it. | 就是这样了 |
[20:39] | Aah! That hurt! Aah! | 啊 好痛 |
[20:44] | Whoa, what a night. | 真是疯狂的一晚 |
[20:46] | What’s up? You got any O.J.? | 还好吗 有没有橙汁 |
[20:48] | I’m sorry, what the hell are you doing here? | 不好意思 你在这里做什么 |
[20:50] | Ah, I passed out in the basement during the party. | 派对上我醉倒在地下室了 |
[20:52] | Take off my sweater and get out. | 脱下我的毛衣后出去 |
[20:53] | – What’s in it for me? – Nothing. It’s my sweater. | -我有什么好处 -没有 这是我的毛衣 |
[20:56] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[20:58] | – Show me your boobs. – No! | -给我看咪咪 -不 |
[20:59] | – Then give me $1 million. – No. | -给我一百万 -不 |
[21:01] | I’d very much like to revisit the boob conversation. | 我想重启咪咪话题 |
[21:03] | I feel like we’ve done this once before. | 我觉得我们有过一次这样的对话 |
[21:04] | – Did it end in boobs? – No. | -最后我看到了咪咪吗 -没有 |
[21:06] | Tell me something. | 告诉我 |
[21:07] | When was the last time you had a balanced breakfast? | 你最后一次吃营养均衡的早餐是什么时候 |
[21:10] | Every day. | 每一天 |
[21:10] | Protein from beef jerky, energy from frosting. | 牛肉干提供蛋白质 糖霜提供能量 |
[21:13] | Sweetie, sit down. I’m gonna make you some food. | 亲爱的 坐下吧 我帮你做吃的 |
[21:15] | You’re gonna eat it. | 你吃完后 |
[21:16] | Then you’re gonna take off my sweater and get the hell out. | 脱下我的毛衣 给我走人 |
[21:21] | Morning, Barry. | 早啊 巴瑞 |