时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, being a man’s man was simple. | 在八十年代 做男子汉很简单 |
[00:03] | All you needed was muscles or a mustache. | 有肌肉或是胡子就行 |
[00:06] | Unfortunately, I was miles from Dolph Lundgren | 遗憾地是 我离道夫·龙格尔或查克·诺里斯 |
[00:09] | and no Chuck Norris… | 这样的猛男 |
[00:10] | – Yet. – Get scared, boys. | -差十万八千里 -害怕吧 小子们 |
[00:12] | Goldberg’s coming for you. | 金伯格来了 |
[00:14] | I was what you’d call a “late bloomer,” | 我是发育很晚的人 |
[00:16] | Like the latest…ever. | 晚到不能再晚那种 |
[00:18] | What’s up, Goldnerd? How was your winter break? | 金呆格 寒假怎么样 |
[00:20] | J.C. Spink? What the — what happened to you? | JC·斯平克 你这是怎么啦 |
[00:24] | Grew a ton. I stink. Got acne all over my back. | 长壮了 臭死了 背上全是粉刺 |
[00:27] | It’s awesome. | 棒极了 |
[00:28] | But worst of all, the girls were growing even faster, | 但最糟糕的是 女生们都长得比我快 |
[00:31] | especially my girlfriend, Dana Caldwell. | 尤其是我的女友 戴娜·考德威尔 |
[00:34] | Yo, girls. Mainly you. | 姑娘们 主要是叫你 |
[00:37] | Um, hi? | 你好 |
[00:38] | There’s a party at the water tower. | 水塔那里有个派对 |
[00:39] | Usually there’s no freshman allowed. | 通常不会让高一的去 |
[00:41] | But for you, I’ll make an exception. | 但为了你可以例外 |
[00:42] | Actually, I’m not a freshmen. | 但我不是高一的 |
[00:44] | Adam F. Goldberg. Pleasure. | 在下亚当·F·金格伯 幸会 |
[00:46] | Uh, what’s this about a party? | 是什么派对来着 |
[00:48] | Uh, I’ll see you there, Dana. | 我们到时见 戴娜 |
[00:50] | And, uh, don’t bring your little brother. | 别带你的弟弟去 |
[00:52] | I’m actually four months and 16 days older than her, | 其实我比她大4个月零16天 |
[00:55] | and we’re together. | 我们是一对 |
[00:56] | Weird. Anthony Balsamo knows my name. | 奇怪 安东尼·巴萨莫知道我的名字 |
[00:58] | And he’s such a mensch to invite both of us. | 他人真好 邀请我们两个 |
[01:01] | Wait — you want to go to that? | 慢着 你想去吗 |
[01:02] | It’s just gonna be a bunch of rowdy high-school guys | 只是一群吵闹的高中生 |
[01:04] | spray-painting dirty words on the water tower. | 在水塔上用喷漆写下流话 |
[01:06] | Big, bad Adam ain’t afraid of no water tower. | 大捣蛋鬼亚当才不怕什么水塔 |
[01:08] | Or ghosts, fyi. | 也不怕鬼 |
[01:09] | I desperately wanted my girlfriend, Dana, | 我不顾一切希望我的女友戴娜 |
[01:12] | to see me as a man. | 把我看成一个男人 |
[01:14] | Are you standing on your tiptoes? | 你在踮起脚走路吗 |
[01:15] | Don’t think so. | 没有 |
[01:17] | And if it wasn’t gonna happen on its own, | 如果不可能顺其自然地发生 |
[01:19] | I would kick-start the process myself. | 我就只能自己加把劲了 |
[01:22] | The hell are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[01:23] | I’m stimulating the follicles. I read it in GQ. | 我在刺激毛囊 我在绅士季刊上看到的 |
[01:26] | It’s a magazine for stylish men of means. | 这是专门面向有钱型男的杂志 |
[01:28] | Okay, everybody out. | 大家都出去 |
[01:29] | I need to use the — oh, my god. | 我要用… 我的天 |
[01:31] | Are you using my lady bic? | 你在用我的女式剃毛刀吗 |
[01:32] | I’m stimulating the follicles! | 我在刺激毛囊 |
[01:34] | Ha, you suck! Barry, get the camera! | 你真差劲 巴瑞 拿照相机来 |
[01:37] | Adam’s being Adam! | 亚当又在发疯了 |
[01:38] | What’s with all the yelling? | 在大叫什么 |
[01:39] | Oh, my joy! Is my baby trying to shave?! | 老天 我的宝贝在刮胡子吗 |
[01:42] | I’m stimulating the follicles. | 我在刺激毛囊 |
[01:45] | Oh! I got the polaroid! | 我拿了立拍得相机 |
[01:46] | Say “peach fuzz.” | 说”乳臭未干” |
[02:02] | It was January 7, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的1月7日 |
[02:04] | and my brother, Barry, had his first real-live girlfriend, | 我哥巴瑞和他第一个真实存在的女友 |
[02:08] | Lainey Lewis. | 兰妮·路易斯 |
[02:09] | You went through my backpack and ate my pudding? | 你翻我的书包 吃了我的布丁 |
[02:11] | Who does that? | 谁会这样做 |
[02:12] | Aw, so cute when my boyfriend flies into a rage over pudding. | 我男朋友为了布丁发脾气真是太可爱了 |
[02:15] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. | 慢着慢着 |
[02:17] | You just said “boyfriend” out loud, | 你刚大声说了”男朋友” |
[02:19] | in front of other teenage human people. | 而且是在其他青春期少年面前说的 |
[02:21] | Dude, it’s not a big deal. | 这又没什么 |
[02:22] | It’s just — I’ve never been this happy. | 只是 我从没有这么开心过 |
[02:26] | Aw. Don’t celebrate just yet. | 先别庆祝 |
[02:29] | My dad has to meet your dad first. | 我爸得先见你爸 |
[02:30] | It’s like his only rule. | 这是他唯一的规矩 |
[02:32] | He needs to know you come from good stock. | 他需要知道你不是上梁不正下梁歪 |
[02:33] | I don’t. | 我很歪 |
[02:34] | You’ve seen my stock. It’s like terrible stock. | 你见过我的上梁 歪得离谱 |
[02:36] | I have a plan. | 我有计划 |
[02:38] | We’ll have you guys come to a football game | 你们去我家看橄榄球比赛 |
[02:39] | so they’ll be distracted and drinking a lot. | 他们就会分心 喝很多酒 |
[02:41] | – That’s genius! – Think you can get him to come over? | -真是天才 -你能让他去吗 |
[02:43] | Hey, big tasty knows how to handle Murray Goldberg. | 大甜甜对付默里·金伯格可有一套了 |
[02:47] | There’s a 100% chance my dad will be there. | 我爸百分百会去 |
[02:50] | There’s a 0% chance I will be there. | 我绝对不会去 |
[02:53] | Please. It’s just one little football game. | 求你了 只是一场小小的橄榄球比赛 |
[02:55] | Little?! We’re talking cowboys-eagles here! | 小小 我们说的可是牛仔队对老鹰队 |
[02:58] | It’s the biggest game of the year. | 今年最重要的比赛 |
[02:59] | It’s the only thing I care about in the entire world. | 全世界我就在乎这件事 |
[03:01] | – More than your child? – Yes. | -比在乎你孩子更多吗 -是的 |
[03:03] | You put me in a position where I had to say it. | 你逼我必须这样说 |
[03:05] | And now that I did, I feel free. | 现在我说了 我觉得好自由 |
[03:08] | If I hear you say “no” again, I’m hulking out. | 如果我再听到你说”不” 我就变身绿巨人了 |
[03:11] | We’re talking screaming and swearing. | 我会尖叫 咒骂 |
[03:14] | I’m gonna smash this decorative box! | 我会砸烂这个装饰盒 |
[03:17] | Do not hulk out! Do not smash that decorative box! | 别变绿巨人 别砸烂那个装饰盒 |
[03:20] | Say goodbye to the decorative box! | 跟这个装饰盒说再见吧 |
[03:23] | Your mom keeps her knickknacks in there. | 你妈妈把她的小玩意放在这里 |
[03:25] | I’ll destroy her knickknacks, too! | 我会砸烂她的小玩意 |
[03:27] | Hulk doesn’t respect knickknacks! | 绿巨人才不在乎什么小玩意 |
[03:29] | Fine! I’ll do your stupid thing! | 好吧 你说的蠢事我照做就行 |
[03:32] | Where are we going again? | 我们去哪里来着 |
[03:33] | Do you even listen when I talk? | 我说话时你会听吗 |
[03:35] | I get the gist of it, say “no” a lot. | 听个大概 经常说”不” |
[03:38] | I make it work. | 挺管用的 |
[03:39] | I’m cool with that. | 我没意见 |
[03:41] | While Barry was hulking out for Lainey, | 巴瑞为了兰妮化身绿巨人时 |
[03:43] | I was bulking up for Dana. | 我也要为了戴娜长肌肉 |
[03:45] | “Buns of steel”? | 健身操 |
[03:48] | “Just five minutes a day for the working mom on the go.” | 一天五分钟 职场母亲不用愁 |
[03:52] | That can vaguely apply to me. | 对我也算勉强适用吧 |
[03:54] | Okay, what’s going on with you? | 你这是怎么啦 |
[03:56] | All the guys at school are turning into grown men, | 学校的男生都变成男人了 |
[03:58] | and I still have a little-boy body. | 我的身体依然还是小男孩 |
[04:00] | Ah, puberty. I was an early bloomer myself. | 青春期啊 我也是发育得挺早的 |
[04:04] | Those were the days. | 当年真令人怀念啊 |
[04:07] | That’s not helpful, is it? | 这话没帮助对吗 |
[04:08] | No! My girlfriend’s is about to be stolen by Anthony Balsamo. | 没 我的女友要被安东尼·巴萨莫抢走了 |
[04:12] | I don’t know who this Balsamic character is, | 我不知道这个巴萨莫是什么人 |
[04:15] | but I’m sure you don’t need to worry. | 但我确定你不用担心 |
[04:17] | No, he should worry. Panic even. | 不 他应该担心 惊慌都不为过 |
[04:20] | I mean, Anthony Balsamo’s a 10. | 安东尼·巴萨莫可是十分 |
[04:21] | Mom says I’m a 10. | 妈妈说我也是十分 |
[04:22] | She also says Barry can be a doctor. | 她还说巴瑞可以成为医生 |
[04:24] | Oh, god, pops! Help me! | 老天 老爷子 帮我 |
[04:26] | It’s a lie. I’m not a 10. | 这是谎言 我没有十分 |
[04:28] | If Anthony Balsamo’s got his eye on your girl, | 如果安东尼·巴萨莫看上了你的女友 |
[04:29] | you got to think big. | 你就得大手笔了 |
[04:31] | In this case, maybe a diamond or a car | 这种情况下 钻石或是车 |
[04:34] | or an exotic trip around the world. | 或是环游世界 |
[04:35] | Adam, you can’t buy a girlfriend. | 亚当 你不能用金钱买女友 |
[04:39] | Unless she’s out of your league. | 除非你完全配不上她 |
[04:40] | Then you’ve got to pull out all the stops. | 那你就得豁出去了 |
[04:42] | Okay, then. Jewelry it is. | 好的 就送珠宝 |
[04:44] | I could give her my sweet green lantern ring. | 我可以送她我的宝贝绿灯侠戒指 |
[04:46] | Or you keep looking. | 或是继续找 |
[04:48] | – No, it’s perfect. -Just sleep on it. | -不 这很完美 -再想想 |
[04:50] | Why? It glows and everything. | 为什么 它会发光 |
[04:52] | It’s for nerds, okay? Nerds. | 这是呆子才喜欢的 明白吗 呆子 |
[04:55] | I’m sorry. But you left me no choice. | 抱歉 你让我只能说出这话 |
[05:00] | They were right. | 他们说得对 |
[05:01] | They only way to lock down Dana | 让戴娜不离开的唯一办法 |
[05:03] | was with a big, sparkly ring. | 就是闪亮的大宝石戒指 |
[05:04] | Lucky for me, my nana left me the perfect one. | 我很幸运 外婆留给我了一枚完美的戒指 |
[05:08] | My mom said, one day, | 我妈说等以后 |
[05:09] | I’d give it to the woman of my dreams. | 我可以送给我的梦中情人 |
[05:11] | Surely, she was thinking middle school, right? | 她当然指的是初中时的梦中情人 对吗 |
[05:18] | You like? | 你喜欢吗 |
[05:19] | Adam, it’s too much. | 亚当 这太贵重了 |
[05:20] | Nothing’s too much for my number-one special lady friend. | 对我最特别的女友来说 没什么太贵重 |
[05:24] | It’s beautiful. | 好漂亮 |
[05:25] | Be sure to wear it tonight to the water tower. | 今晚戴着它去水塔 |
[05:27] | You still want go to that party? | 你还是要去那个派对吗 |
[05:28] | That Balsamo kid was nice enough to invite us. | 那个巴萨莫那么好邀请了我们 |
[05:31] | The least we could do is pop in and show your ring off. | 至少我们应该去展示一下你的戒指 |
[05:33] | Adam Frederick Goldberg! | 亚当·弗雷德里克·金伯格 |
[05:35] | Put it away. Oh, god. Hide your ring. | 放在一边 老天 把戒指藏起来 |
[05:37] | Oh, god. She knows. | 她知道了 |
[05:38] | How does she know? How do you know? | 她怎么知道的 你怎么知道的 |
[05:39] | I have an itemized inventory right here | 家里所有进出的东西 |
[05:42] | of everything that goes in and out of our house. | 在我这里都编号记录了 |
[05:44] | Now give me nana’s ring. | 把外婆的戒指给我 |
[05:45] | No, you said, one day, | 不 你说过了 以后 |
[05:47] | I could give it to the woman of my choosing, | 我可以把它送给我选择的女人 |
[05:49] | and I choose Dana. | 我选择戴娜 |
[05:50] | By woman of your choosing, I meant of our choosing. | 你选择的意思 就是我们的选择 |
[05:53] | I’m a man, I made this decision, | 我是男人 我已经决定了 |
[05:55] | and now there’s nothing that you can do about it. | 现在你无能为力了 |
[05:57] | Oh, yes, there is. | 我当然有办法 |
[05:59] | Hi, Mrs. Goldberg. | 你好 金伯格太太 |
[06:00] | Dana, lovely to see you. I’m gonna need that ring back. | 戴娜 很开心见到你 把戒指还给我 |
[06:03] | Mom, do not do this. | 妈 别这样做 |
[06:05] | – Ring. – Do not. | -戒指 -别这样做 |
[06:07] | – Ring, ring, ring. – Do not. | -戒指 -别这样做 |
[06:08] | Ring, ring. Who’s there? It’s me. I want my ring back. | 戒指[铃声] 谁在门外 是我 我要戒指 |
[06:10] | Okay, I’ll take it off. | 好的 我取下来 |
[06:13] | Just put it back on my finger before you lose it. | 在弄丢前给我戴上 |
[06:16] | Oh, ho-ho-ho-ho. Check it out. | 妈呀 快看 |
[06:18] | Goldnerd’s proposing to his mom, and she said “yes”! | 金呆格向他妈求婚 他妈同意了 |
[06:21] | – That’s not what happened! – Oh, she said “no.” | -不是这样的 -她不同意 |
[06:26] | There. You happy now? | 好啦 你开心啦 |
[06:27] | I do. I mean…I am. | 是的[我愿意] 我是说 我开心了 |
[06:35] | Hi, Mr. Goldberg. | 你好 金伯格先生 |
[06:36] | – Thanks for coming. My dad’s excited to meet you. – Hey, Barry. | -感谢前来 我爸很期待和你见面 -巴瑞 |
[06:38] | Oh, hey, there he is. | 他来了 |
[06:40] | Dad, you know Barry, Mr. Goldberg. | 爸 你认识巴瑞 这是金伯格先生 |
[06:42] | Yep. Hey, Bill Lewis of Bill Lewis tile and flooring. | 我是比尔·路易斯瓷砖地板的比尔·路易斯 |
[06:44] | Murray Goldberg of this moron’s father. | 我是这个白痴的父亲默里·金伯格 |
[06:48] | Classic mur-man. He kids. | 典型的老默 他开玩笑 |
[06:50] | Big game today. You guys are lucky | 今天是重大比赛 你们很幸运 |
[06:52] | ‘Cause I just bought a brand-new big-screen tv | 我刚买了大屏幕电视 |
[06:54] | to watch it on. | 看比赛 |
[06:55] | What you got? 27″? | 多大 27寸 |
[06:56] | 32″? 34″? | 32寸 34寸 |
[06:58] | 53″ of pure magic, my friend. | 53寸的纯魔法 我的朋友 |
[07:01] | You are a dirty liar. | 你真是说谎不打草稿 |
[07:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[07:04] | Oh…my…god. It’s real. | 我的天 这是真的 |
[07:08] | Ah, the ’80s projection tv. | 八十年代的投影电视 |
[07:10] | It was blurry and weighed more than a car, | 图像模糊 比车还重 |
[07:12] | but it was the envy of every man. | 但却令每个男人嫉妒 |
[07:14] | I know we just met… | 我知道我们刚认识 |
[07:18] | But I want to live with you, Bill. I choose you. | 但我想和你同居 比尔 我选你 |
[07:20] | Wow. I think this may work. | 哇 我想也许他们合得来 |
[07:22] | And it did… For about two more seconds. | 是的 多坚持了两秒钟 |
[07:24] | Murray, you can come over for any game you want. | 默里 你想什么时候来看比赛都行 |
[07:30] | Everybody’s welcome in cowboy country. | 牛仔之乡欢迎任何人 |
[07:36] | Good god. What is this place? | 老天爷 这是什么地方 |
[07:38] | – I think he said “cowboy country.” – Isn’t it great? | -我想他说的是”牛仔之乡” -是不是好棒 |
[07:44] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这样对我 |
[07:46] | They’re cowboy fans. | 他们是牛仔队的球迷 |
[07:47] | I can’t watch the biggest game of the year | 我不能在敌人阵营里 |
[07:49] | in enemy territory! | 观看年度最重要的比赛 |
[07:51] | I’m sorry, okay? Lainey didn’t tell me. | 对不起啦 兰妮没有告诉我 |
[07:53] | I did. Remember? | 我说了 记得吗 |
[07:55] | I told you all about it in your room — | 我在你房间里跟你说的 |
[07:57] | When we were studying. | 当时我们在学习 |
[07:59] | You can’t expect me to listen to what you’re saying | 你不能指望我们”学习”时 |
[08:01] | while we’re… Studying. | 我还能听清你在说什么 |
[08:03] | Morons! I know what “studying” means! | 白痴 我知道”学习”是什么意思 |
[08:06] | Look, you can still root for the eagles — | 听着 你依然可以为老鹰队加油 |
[08:08] | Just not out loud. | 别出声就行 |
[08:09] | Please. It’s going so well. My dad actually likes you. | 拜托了 进展很顺利 我爸居然喜欢你 |
[08:12] | He never likes anyone. | 他谁都不喜欢 |
[08:14] | Fine. I will stay for one quarter. | 好吧 我留下看一节比赛 |
[08:16] | But after that, I go home and watch with my chair. | 之后我就回家 坐我的沙发看比赛 |
[08:19] | Who wants some barbecued eagle? | 谁要烤老鹰肉 |
[08:22] | I’m just fooling. It’s chicken. | 开玩笑的 只是鸡肉 |
[08:24] | But that’s what the eagles are, right? | 但老鹰队不就是这个吗 |
[08:26] | A bunch of chickens. | 一群小鸡[胆小鬼] |
[08:29] | As livid as my dad was, | 我爸很生气 |
[08:31] | it didn’t come close to the rage in my heart. | 但还比不上我内心的愤怒 |
[08:35] | Stop your stomping. | 别跺脚 |
[08:36] | I get it — your little feet are mad. | 我知道 你的小脚丫生气了 |
[08:38] | But you are much too young | 但你太小了 |
[08:39] | to be giving little girls big, honking sparklers. | 根本不到送女生珠宝的年纪 |
[08:41] | Fine! I’ll just get her a ring of my own! | 好的 我自己赚钱送 |
[08:43] | I’ll mow every damn lawn in this town if I have to. | 有必要的话 我会修剪这镇上所有的草坪 |
[08:46] | What do I need to score a ring like that, huh? | 要多少钱才能买那样的戒指 |
[08:48] | – 10, 12 g’s? – You know what? | -一万还是一万二 -知道吗 |
[08:49] | I thought we were gonna be able to | 我原以为我们可以 |
[08:51] | discuss this like reasonable people. | 心平气和地来讨论这个问题 |
[08:52] | But clearly, your little body’s all worked up. | 但显然 你的小身体要气炸了 |
[08:54] | Stop calling my parts little! | 别再用小来形容我的身体 |
[08:57] | I’m a man! A big man! | 我是男人 大男人 |
[08:59] | Well, you’re grounded, big man. | 你被禁足了 大男人 |
[09:01] | That means no computer, no television, | 没有电脑 没有电视 |
[09:03] | no phone, no Dana. | 没有电话 没有戴娜 |
[09:07] | Don’t look at me like that. I know what you’re thinking. | 别这样看我 我知道你在想什么 |
[09:10] | But he crossed a line with that ring. | 但戒指这事他过界了 |
[09:13] | And don’t tell me | 别告诉我 |
[09:14] | I’m trying to keep him a baby forever | 我想永远留住他这个小宝宝 |
[09:16] | because I’m not, although he is growing up | 因为我没有 尽管他成长的速度 |
[09:18] | at an alarming rate. | 非常惊人 |
[09:20] | And this isn’t because I am devastated or jealous | 这不是因为我伤心欲绝 或是嫉妒 |
[09:23] | or threatened that he’s got a new woman in his life. | 或受威胁 因为他的生活中有了新的女人 |
[09:25] | Because she is not a woman. She is a girl. | 因为她不是女人 她是女孩 |
[09:27] | And I am the woman. | 我才是女人 |
[09:30] | I’m his mother, of course, but he’s mine — | 当然我是他的母亲 但他是我的 |
[09:34] | Ours, all of ours. | 我们的 我们大家的 |
[09:35] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[09:40] | – Hey. You okay? – No, I’m not okay! | -你还好吗 -我不好 |
[09:43] | Dana’s at the water tower right now with Anthony Balsamo. | 戴娜现在和安东尼·巴萨莫在水塔 |
[09:47] | I can’t let him swoop in on my gal. | 我不能让他抢走我的女友 |
[09:49] | I got to fix this. | 我得解决这问题 |
[09:50] | Oh, good — you came up with another great way | 很好 你想出了一个非常好的办法 |
[09:52] | for a robot to solve your problems. | 让机器人来解决你的问题 |
[09:54] | I will let love and eight “d” batteries | 我要让爱和8节D号电池 |
[09:56] | carry my letter to Dana at the water tower. | 将我的信送到水塔给戴娜 |
[09:58] | There’s nothing that can stand in omnibot’s way — nothing! | 没什么可以阻挡奥姆尼 没有 |
[10:02] | Omnibot, no! You know grass is your kryptonite! | 奥姆尼 不要啊 你知道草地是你的克星 |
[10:07] | Well, here’s an idea. A real man would find Dana himself. | 我是这样想的 真正的男人应该自己去找戴娜 |
[10:10] | I can’t. You heard mom. | 不行 你也听到妈妈的话了 |
[10:12] | She would ground me forever. | 她会把我永远禁足的 |
[10:13] | Well, maybe some things in life are just worth it. | 就算这样 为了有些事也是值得的 |
[10:16] | In that moment, I realized Erica was right. | 在那一刻 我意识到爱丽卡说得对 |
[10:19] | It was time to stop letting a robot do a man’s job. | 是时候别再让机器人做男人的工作了 |
[10:21] | Run! Run and show her what a man you are! | 跑吧 让她看到你是个男子汉 |
[10:25] | What a tiny, little man you are. | 小小的 矮矮的男子汉 |
[10:27] | And it’s good! | 太棒了 |
[10:29] | Three on the board! | 三次得分 |
[10:31] | Three on the board. | 三次得分 |
[10:32] | Three on the board. Three on the board. | 三次得分 三次得分 |
[10:35] | Sweet lord. Make him stop. | 老天 让他停下 |
[10:36] | You know, Dick Vermeil | 迪克·韦尔梅伊 |
[10:38] | has no business coaching men’s football. | 根本不适合做男子橄榄球队的教练 |
[10:40] | Maybe — at best — women’s volleyball. | 也许最多是女子排球队 |
[10:43] | Not the olympic kind. | 还不是奥运队 |
[10:45] | Like a casual, two-woman game on a beach, | 而是沙滩上那种随意的二人比赛 |
[10:47] | am I right, Mur? | 对吗 老默 |
[10:48] | After a quarter of agony, my dad was | 在一节的痛苦之后 |
[10:50] | at his breaking point, and then this happened. | 我爸忍到了极限 然后发生了这一幕 |
[10:53] | Oh! Oh, yeah! Mike Quick! | 太好了 迈克·奎克 |
[10:56] | Just beat the kicker! Just beat the kicker! | 快过踢球员 快过踢球员 |
[10:58] | Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Touchdown! | 上啊上啊 触地得分 |
[11:03] | – Oh, crap. – We’re done. – Yeah. | -见鬼 -我们完了 -是的 |
[11:04] | You’re an eagles fan? | 你是老鹰队的球迷吗 |
[11:06] | This is, uh, Philadelphia, | 这里是费城 |
[11:08] | and I root for two teams — | 我支持两支球队 |
[11:10] | The eagles and whoever’s playing the cowboys. | 老鹰队以及牛仔队的一切对手 |
[11:13] | But at least we all can agree the Giants suck, | 至少我们都同意巨人队很烂 |
[11:16] | am I right? | 对吗 |
[11:17] | In my house, we root for one team and one team only. | 在我家里 只能为一支球队加油 |
[11:19] | That’s america’s team. | 美国的球队 |
[11:21] | If anyone’s america’s team, it’s philly — | 能配得上”美国的球队”这称号的 是费城队 |
[11:23] | Home of the liberty bell, Ben Franklin, and Rocky. | 独立钟 本·富兰克林以及洛基的家乡 |
[11:26] | Your city’s so bad you could only come up | 你的城市差劲死了 你只能想到 |
[11:28] | with is a mediocre boxing movie and a broken bell. | 一部普通的拳击电影和一口烂钟 |
[11:31] | Okay, we’re all saying things that are hurtful and untrue. | 我们都说了些伤人的 不属实的话 |
[11:34] | I say we hug. | 我说来拥抱吧 |
[11:35] | We’ll start. You guys join. | 我们先来 你们加入 |
[11:36] | No. | 不 |
[11:38] | I never understood why you liked this bonehead. | 我从来都不明白你为什么喜欢这个笨蛋 |
[11:41] | But after meeting his dad, I really don’t get it. | 但认识他父亲后 我是真不明白了 |
[11:45] | I don’t have to sit here and watch my son be insulted | 我不必待在这里 看着我儿子被一个 |
[11:48] | by a man who sells the fourth-best type of flooring. | 卖瓷砖的羞辱 瓷砖在地板材料中只算第四好 |
[11:52] | – Oh, no. Oh, no. – Oh, no. | -不 不 -不 |
[11:55] | There’s only one thing worse than bad-mouthing the cowboys, | 只有一件事比说牛仔队坏话更糟糕 |
[11:59] | and that’s talking nonsense about tile. | 那就是随便批评瓷砖 |
[12:01] | You can’t name one better flooring option! Not one! | 你无法说出一种比瓷砖更好的地板 根本没有 |
[12:05] | Carpet, wood, linoleum, | 地毯 木地板 油毡 |
[12:07] | brick, marble, astroturf. | 砖 大理石 人工草皮 |
[12:09] | Enough! | 够了 |
[12:11] | It’ll be a cold day in hell when my daughter dates | 我家女儿约会一个一无是处讨厌瓷砖的 |
[12:13] | a no-good, tile-hating eagle fan. | 老鹰队球迷 简直是做梦 |
[12:16] | I think you guys should leave. | 你们给我走人 |
[12:17] | I’m a step ahead of you! | 我快过你 |
[12:19] | Stop it. What is that? | 住口 这算什么 |
[12:20] | I am an eagle, flying on my wings to victory. | 我是老鹰 展翅飞向胜利 |
[12:25] | Eagles don’t “ca-caw!” | 老鹰才不是这样叫的 |
[12:26] | Nobody knows the sound an eagle makes! | 没人知道老鹰是怎么叫的 |
[12:29] | Nobody! | 没人知道 |
[12:32] | Barry. | 巴瑞 |
[12:34] | Eagles don’t “ca-caw.” | 老鹰才不是这样叫 |
[12:37] | As Barry was watching his first love fly away, | 巴瑞看着他的初恋飞走时 |
[12:39] | I was getting ready to climb to new heights | 我准备好攀上新高度 |
[12:41] | to show Dana what a man looked like. | 让戴娜看到真男人的模样 |
[12:43] | Adam? I thought you were grounded. | 亚当 你不是被禁足了吗 |
[12:46] | This is how grounded I’m not. | 没什么能禁住我 |
[12:49] | Wait. You can’t climb that. It’s too dangerous. | 等等 你不能爬 太危险了 |
[12:55] | Dana Isabelle Caldwell, you’re worth it. | 戴娜·伊莎贝尔·考德威尔 为了你值得 |
[13:01] | And so, my climb into greatness began. | 于是 我爬向伟大的旅程开始了 |
[13:03] | Sure, I was a clumsy doof with limited hand and leg strength, | 当然 我是笨拙的傻蛋 手脚长度有限 |
[13:05] | but I wouldn’t let my shortcomings stop me. | 但我不会让我的缺点阻止我 |
[13:08] | I had to show Anthony Balsamo and the rest of my school | 我必须让安东尼·巴萨莫和其他同学看到 |
[13:11] | that Adam Goldberg was the manliest of men. | 亚当·金伯格是男人中的男人 |
[13:14] | It was my moment. | 那是属于我的时刻 |
[13:15] | The wind was at my back, my heart was pounding, | 风在我身后 我的心狂跳 |
[13:18] | and I knew exactly what I needed to write | 我知道我要写什么 |
[13:20] | to show all of Jenkintown that Dana was my girl. | 让整个珍金镇看到 戴娜是我的女友 |
[13:24] | Nothing on god’s green earth could stop me. | 没什么可以阻止我 |
[13:26] | No! | 不好 |
[13:29] | Come on! Damn it! | 拜托 见鬼 |
[13:30] | Well, nothing except for an empty can of spray paint. | 除了一罐用完的喷漆 |
[13:33] | Oh, balls! | 死定了 |
[13:37] | Do you know that guy, Dan? | 你认识那家伙吗 戴 |
[13:38] | Not that well. | 没那么熟 |
[13:40] | Even more unfortunate… | 更不幸的是 |
[13:41] | Oh, balls! | 死定了 |
[13:43] | I got so swept up in being man | 我一心想做个男人 |
[13:44] | that I’d forgotten about my crippling fear or heights. | 以至于忘了我严重恐高 |
[13:50] | Also unfortunate, they had to call the fire department. | 依然不幸的是 他们叫了消防队 |
[13:54] | Turns out, being swaddled like a baby | 结果 像婴儿一样被包裹住 |
[13:56] | didn’t help my case on proving my manhood. | 对证明我的男子气概一点用也没有 |
[14:02] | Hey, you okay, bro? | 你还好吗 哥们 |
[14:03] | Dan. | 戴 |
[14:07] | Even though the eagles lost pretty bad that day, | 尽管那天老鹰队输得很惨 |
[14:09] | Barry was taking his loss even harder. | 巴瑞却更难接受他所失去的 |
[14:12] | The hell are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[14:13] | Just sorting through the treasures of our relationship. | 在整理纪念我恋情的宝贝 |
[14:16] | Flyers shirt she hated, | 她讨厌的飞人队球衣 |
[14:18] | the stop sign where she wanted to go left | 停车标志 她要我转左 |
[14:20] | and I wanted to go right, | 我要转右 |
[14:22] | so I got nervous, went straight. | 结果我紧张 直着冲了过去 |
[14:24] | You might not understand this, | 你可能不理解 |
[14:26] | but…eagles and cowboys just don’t mix. | 但老鹰和牛仔是合不到一块去的 |
[14:31] | You and Lainey were doomed from the start. | 你和兰妮从一开始就注定了 |
[14:33] | We just root for different teams. | 我们支持不同的球队 |
[14:35] | – So what? – So it gets complicated. | -那又怎样 -会变得复杂 |
[14:37] | I’ve seen people try, | 我见过有人尝试 |
[14:38] | but it’s, uh — well, that’s a tough life. | 但是 真不容易 |
[14:41] | You’re living in the past! | 你活在过去 |
[14:43] | I don’t see teams. I see people. | 我没看到球队 我只看到人 |
[14:44] | Everyone sees teams. | 所有人都会看到球队 |
[14:46] | Well, as much as I care about the eagles… | 尽管我非常在乎老鹰队 |
[14:48] | I care about Lainey more. | 但我更在乎兰妮 |
[14:51] | That’s a damn big thing to say. | 这可是很重要的事 |
[14:53] | – I know it is. – You better mean it. | -我知道 -你最好是认真的 |
[14:55] | I do. | 当然 |
[14:57] | Well, let’s get in the damn car. | 我们上车 |
[14:59] | And bring the stop sign. | 带上停车标志 |
[15:00] | We got to put it back. It’s a serious crime. | 我们得放回去 这是严重罪行 |
[15:04] | Bill, we need to talk. | 比尔 我们得谈谈 |
[15:05] | I’ve got nothing to say to you. | 我没话对你说 |
[15:07] | Look, I know things got personal. | 我知道刚才有些针对个人 |
[15:09] | You said some things about Rocky. | 你说了洛基的坏话 |
[15:11] | I said some things about floor tiling. | 我说了瓷砖地板的坏话 |
[15:13] | We got great kids, and they like each other. | 我们的孩子不错 他们彼此喜欢 |
[15:16] | So let’s just move past this. | 我们冰释前嫌吧 |
[15:17] | Mur, I’m a reasonable man. | 老默 我是个讲理的人 |
[15:19] | I’ll let Lainey see Barry | 我会让兰妮和巴瑞约会 |
[15:20] | if you admit the cowboys are america’s team. | 前提是你承认牛仔队是美国的球队 |
[15:24] | Reasonable? That’s not reasonable. | 讲理 这不是讲理 |
[15:26] | That’s the opposite of reasonable. | 这是完全不讲理 |
[15:27] | – Dad, come on. – Let him try it on. | -爸 别这样 -让他试试 |
[15:31] | – I’ll do it. – Wait, seriously? | -我会说 -真的吗 |
[15:35] | – The cowboys are… – W-what’s that? | -牛仔队是… -什么 |
[15:37] | Cowboys… | 牛仔队… |
[15:38] | – I couldn’t quite hear you. – Cowboys — | -我听不到 -牛仔队… |
[15:41] | Even though my brother liked Lainey more than the eagles, | 尽管我哥喜欢兰妮多过喜欢老鹰队 |
[15:44] | he hated watching our dad get ridiculed. | 但他讨厌看到我们老爸被愚弄 |
[15:46] | The cowboys… | 牛仔队 |
[15:48] | Suck! | 差劲死了 |
[15:49] | They suck! The cowboys suck! | 差劲死了 牛仔队差劲死了 |
[15:51] | I’m sorry, Lainey. They suck so hard. | 对不起 兰妮 他们差劲死了 |
[15:54] | I think we’re done here. | 我想我们没话可说了 |
[15:55] | Damn right we are! | 那是自然 |
[15:58] | Stop it! | 住口 |
[15:59] | Eagles don’t make that noise! | 老鹰不会发出这种噪音 |
[16:00] | It makes no sense! | 毫无道理 |
[16:02] | While Barry and my dad were flying high, | 巴瑞和我爸展翅高飞时 |
[16:04] | Erica was trying to keep my smother grounded. | 爱丽卡在禁足我的”爱你爱到你无语妈妈” |
[16:07] | Where is he? Where is my boy? | 他在哪里 我儿子在哪里 |
[16:08] | I’m sorry. I can’t hear you. | 对不起 我听不到 |
[16:10] | Tell me where my favorite child is, | 告诉我 我最爱的孩子在哪里 |
[16:12] | or this is gonna get real mean. | 否则场面就伤人了 |
[16:14] | – Meaner than that? – Cut it out. | -比你的话更伤人吗 -省省吧 |
[16:15] | Do what you will, I won’t crack. | 你想做什么都行 我不会屈服的 |
[16:17] | Wow. Standing up for your brother. | 护着你弟弟啊 |
[16:19] | I’m proud of you, really. | 我为你骄傲 真的 |
[16:22] | – What are you doing? – Just demonstrating | -你做什么 -演示下 |
[16:24] | how I’ll be showing up to school next year | 如果你不开口 明年我去你学校 |
[16:25] | if you don’t start talking. | 就会是这个打扮 |
[16:27] | You think a few curlers scare me? | 你觉得几个发卷会吓到我吗 |
[16:29] | Wow. You put those in fast. You’re like a hair ninja. | 你戴得真快啊 像头发忍者一样 |
[16:32] | Oh, it won’t just be curlers. | 不仅只是发卷 |
[16:34] | It’ll be the whole pre-bedtime routine. | 是就寝前的全套 |
[16:39] | Hi, Erica. It’s me, your mother. | 爱丽卡 是我 你妈 |
[16:41] | – He’s at the water tower. – You’re weak. | -他在水塔 -你真是不堪一击 |
[16:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:53] | You are in so much trouble, mister! | 你麻烦大了 先生 |
[16:56] | You thought you were grounded before? | 你觉得之前那算禁足吗 |
[16:57] | Well, you are really grounded now. | 现在才是真正的禁足 |
[16:59] | It doesn’t matter! | 没关系 |
[17:01] | After tonight, Dana will never want to see me again anyway. | 反正今晚过后 戴娜再也不想见我了 |
[17:06] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[17:07] | You were right. I’m a little boy. | 你是对的 我是小男孩 |
[17:09] | And every time I try and be a man, | 每次我试着做男人 |
[17:12] | I just end up proving I’m the farthest thing from it. | 最终都证明 我根本就不是男人 |
[17:15] | I just — I hate who I am right now. | 我只是 我恨现在的自己 |
[17:18] | Don’t say that. | 别这样说 |
[17:20] | Look, I know this is hard for you to understand, | 我知道你很难理解 |
[17:23] | but this period of your life… | 但你人生中的这段时期 |
[17:25] | …it’s only gonna last a little while. | 只会持续很短的时间 |
[17:29] | I’m sure, for you, it seems like it’ll last forever. | 我相信 对你来说 似乎永远都是这样了 |
[17:32] | But believe me, it doesn’t. | 但相信我 不会的 |
[17:37] | In fact, for me, it all seems like | 事实上对我来说 一切 |
[17:39] | it’s just going by so fast. | 都过去得那么快 |
[17:42] | Just take me home. | 带我回家吧 |
[17:57] | Okay. Here’s your stop. | 你要下车了 |
[18:00] | But this is Dana’s house. | 但这是戴娜的家 |
[18:02] | Yeah. Go talk to her. | 对 和她谈谈 |
[18:04] | Really? Y-you said I wasn’t allowed to see her anymore. | 真的吗 你说不允许我再见她 |
[18:07] | I know what I said. Go. | 我知道我说了什么 去吧 |
[18:29] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[18:32] | We need to talk. | 我们要谈谈 |
[18:32] | O-okay, I’ll come down. | 好的 我下来 |
[18:34] | No, wait. I-I’ll come up. | 不 等等 我上去 |
[18:38] | That night, I was determined to climb my way into manhood. | 那晚 我决心向上爬出我的男子气概 |
[18:42] | Or at least make it to Dana’s window | 至少是爬到戴娜的窗前 |
[18:44] | without having to be rescued by firemen. | 不用靠消防队来营救 |
[18:46] | You know, you really need to stop climbing things. | 你真的不能再爬上什么东西了 |
[18:48] | Look, all I wanted was to be seen as your boyfriend, | 我只想让大家看到我是你的男友 |
[18:51] | not some little kid. | 而不是什么小孩子 |
[18:53] | No one thinks that. | 没人这样想 |
[18:54] | Of course they do. Look at me. | 他们当然这样想 看我的样子 |
[18:56] | Adam, look at me. | 亚当 看我的样子 |
[18:58] | People think I’m in high school, | 人们以为我是高中生 |
[19:00] | and they stare at me, and it sucks. | 他们盯着我看 真难受 |
[19:02] | I don’t want to go to their parties. | 我不想参加他们的派对 |
[19:05] | I just want to ride my bike and play video games. | 我只想骑单车 玩电子游戏 |
[19:08] | With you. | 和你一起 |
[19:10] | That sounds awesome. | 听起来棒极了 |
[19:13] | So, now what? | 那现在做什么 |
[19:15] | Now I kiss you? | 我亲你好吗 |
[19:19] | I’m good with that. | 我同意 |
[19:24] | I can’t believe you were actually gonna say | 我真不敢相信 你为了我 |
[19:26] | the cowboys were better than the eagles for me. | 居然打算说牛仔队强过老鹰队 |
[19:28] | For your information, I was never going to say that. | 告诉你 我没打算这样说 |
[19:31] | – Oh, you were gonna say it. – I wasn’t going to say it. | -你打算说的 -我没有 |
[19:33] | – You were gonna say it. – Okay, maybe I like you | -你打算说的 -好吧 也许我喜欢你 |
[19:36] | a little bit more than the eagles. | 多过喜欢老鹰队一点 |
[19:38] | Don’t tell the eagles. | 别告诉老鹰队 |
[19:42] | Lainey, what are you — | 兰妮 你怎么来… |
[19:43] | My dad hates your guts. Oh, my god. He hates you so much. | 我爸恨死你了 老天 真是恨死了 |
[19:46] | He forbid me from ever seeing you again. | 他禁止我再见你 |
[19:48] | Well, thanks for delivering that message in person. | 多谢你亲自来告诉我这个消息 |
[19:50] | Don’t you get it? He forbid me. | 你不明白吗 他禁止我 |
[19:53] | Forbidden love! That is so hot! | 被禁止的爱 太撩人了 |
[19:55] | Oh, can’t you guys just wait until I leave the room | 你们就不能等我离开房间后 |
[19:58] | before you start studying? | 再开始”学习”吗 |
[19:59] | I just ate. | 我刚吃了东西 |
[20:01] | Oh, and by the way, even though the cowboys suck, | 对了 尽管牛仔队很烂 |
[20:06] | I think Barry chose well. | 我觉得巴瑞的选择很明智 |
[20:09] | I chose him. | 我选的他 |
[20:24] | It’s my green lantern ring. | 这是我的绿灯侠戒指 |
[20:26] | – It’s actually not worth anything, but — – I love it. | -不值钱 但是 -我好喜欢 |
[20:31] | That’s the thing about young love. | 年轻的爱就是这样 |
[20:33] | It’s weird. It’s awkward. It’s confusing as hell. | 奇怪 尴尬 令人困惑 |
[20:37] | But no matter what size you are, it’s worth it. | 但无论高矮 一切都值得 |
[20:53] | Holy why? | 妈呀 搞什么 |
[20:55] | Hi, Erica. | 你好 爱丽卡 |
[20:56] | Okay, fine! You got me! | 好吧 被你逮到了 |
[20:58] | But I was only in Atlantic City for a few hours, | 我才去了大西洋城几个小时 |
[21:00] | and I wasn’t even with those dudes when they were arrested. | 那些男生被逮捕时 我根本没和他们在一起 |
[21:02] | Adam forgot his lunch. I just brought it to him. | 亚当忘了带午餐 我送来给他 |
[21:04] | You said you would come to school — | 你说你这种打扮来学校就是… |
[21:07] | – I thought you knew. – I didn’t. | -我以为你知道了 -我不知道 |
[21:09] | Then why are you here dressed as my worst nightmare? | 那你为什么打扮成我最怕的噩梦来学校 |
[21:11] | ’cause some mornings, It’s just tougher to get it together than others. | 因为有的早晨 就是不像平时那样有力气打扮 |
[21:15] | Now, moving on to your punishment? | 现在是你的惩罚 |
[21:17] | Oh, I love you, too, Erica! Yes! | 我也爱你 爱丽卡 |
[21:20] | This is my daughter. | 这是我的女儿 |
[21:22] | I made her in my tummy. | 我在肚子里造了她 |