时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the 80’s, before you could buy music with the click of a button, | 八十年代 在点击一下就能购买音乐前 |
[00:03] | you’d go to an actual record store | 你得去音像店 |
[00:04] | to purchase your favorite cassette tapes. | 购买自己喜欢的录音磁带 |
[00:07] | We thought we’d reached the height of musical technology, | 我们以为音乐科技已达巅峰 |
[00:09] | until this happened. | 直到它的出现 |
[00:12] | Behold, the cd — | 请看 CD |
[00:14] | a disc surrounded by a case | 唱片被盒子包围 |
[00:16] | within another, larger rectangular case. | 被装在一个更大的矩形盒子里 |
[00:19] | It’s a compact disc. | 这是激光唱片 |
[00:21] | Oh, it’s so beautiful. | 太美了 |
[00:23] | I can’t wait to go home and throw away | 我迫不及待想回家扔掉 |
[00:24] | My hundreds of useless cassettes. | 那几百盒没用的磁带 |
[00:29] | We need to have this right now! | 我们现在就得拥有它 |
[00:31] | You! Sam goody! | 你 山姆·古迪 |
[00:33] | That’s the name of the store. My name’s Jared. | 这是店名 我叫杰瑞德 |
[00:35] | How much for a cd player? | CD播放机多少钱 |
[00:37] | $900 — plus tax. | 900块 含税 |
[00:38] | We will never own one. | 我们永远不可能拥有它 |
[00:40] | We will when I convince dad to buy us one. | 等我说服爸给我们买一台时就有了 |
[00:42] | And how do you plan on doing that? | 你打算怎么做 |
[00:43] | A little something I like to call “Barry Goldberg charm.” | 运用一点我的”巴瑞·金伯格魅力” |
[00:48] | Buy us a cd player! | 给我们买CD播放机 |
[00:50] | I don’t know what that is, | 我不知道这是什么东西 |
[00:51] | but I’m sure it’s unnecessary and expensive. | 但我肯定既不是必需品而且很贵 |
[00:53] | It’s the opposite of that. | 正相反 |
[00:55] | Engineers in lab coats have created a musical experience | 穿着实验服的工程师创造了一种音乐体验 |
[00:59] | that is so crisp and clean, | 既新鲜又纯净 |
[01:01] | It can literally improve your hearing. | 真的可以改善听力 |
[01:03] | No more music crap. | 别再扯什么音乐废话 |
[01:05] | First, I bought you records, then 8-tracks, then cassettes. | 我给你们买了唱片 8轨录音带 磁带 |
[01:09] | Where does it end? | 什么时候是个头 |
[01:10] | Here! | 现在啊 |
[01:11] | The technology ends here. | 科技从此不会再发展了 |
[01:14] | CDs are so good that scientists have given up and quit. | CD太棒了 科学家们就此不干了 |
[01:18] | It’s all over the paper. They’re unemployed. | 报纸上全报道了 他们失业了 |
[01:20] | Let me take a swing at it, pal. | 我来说吧 老弟 |
[01:22] | Dad, this is crazy-important. Music means everything to me. | 爸 这真的很重要 音乐是我的一切 |
[01:26] | It’s, like, my thing. | 是我的最爱 |
[01:27] | It’s my thing, too. | 也是我的最爱 |
[01:29] | Big tasty needs a cd player to keep up with the changing times. | 大甜甜需要CD播放机来跟上变革的时代 |
[01:32] | See, that’s the problem with you kids — | 这就是你们这些孩子的问题 |
[01:34] | Everything is your thing! | 什么都是你们的最爱 |
[01:35] | Last month, I had to buy you tap shoes | 上个月 我得给你买踢踏舞鞋 |
[01:38] | ’cause dance was your thing. | 因为舞蹈是你的最爱 |
[01:40] | And before that, fashion and skiing and horseback riding. | 在那之前 时尚 滑雪 骑马 |
[01:44] | Why do I get punished | 她找不到她擅长的东西 |
[01:45] | ’cause she can’t find something she’s good at? | 凭什么我要受罚 |
[01:47] | Oh, don’t get me started with you, | 你也好不到哪里去 |
[01:49] | With your hockey and karate and break-dancing. | 冰球 空手道 霹雳舞 |
[01:52] | Dad, this is different. | 爸 这次不同 |
[01:54] | And so are the last hundred things. It’s not happening. | 以前的上百种爱好也是 不可能的 |
[01:56] | Oh, it’ll happen when I go upstairs | 等我上楼去写出 |
[01:58] | And write the greatest song in the history of the world. | 全世界有史以来最好听的歌时 就有可能了 |
[02:00] | With a vicious rap interlude. | 中间穿插了快节奏的饶舌 |
[02:02] | And when you hear my angelic song, | 你听到我的天籁之音时 |
[02:03] | You will…weep and clap and be so moved | 你会哭泣 鼓掌 你会被感动到 |
[02:07] | That you will demand that we have a cd player. | 要求我们拥有一台CD播放机 |
[02:11] | I’m not an unreasonable man. | 我不是不讲理的人 |
[02:13] | If you two write | 如果你们写出 |
[02:14] | The greatest song in the history of the world, | 全世界有史以来最好听的歌 |
[02:16] | I will indeed buy you a cd player. | 我一定给你们买CD播放机 |
[02:19] | Great! | 太好了 |
[02:20] | Then I will… | 那我会 |
[02:21] | Go write the greatest song in the world. | 写出全世界最好听的歌 |
[02:23] | With a vicious rap interlude. | 中间穿插了快节奏的饶舌 |
[02:25] | Good luck to you. | 祝你们好运 |
[02:42] | It was April 2, 1980-something — my birthday. | 那是一九八几年的4月2日 我的生日 |
[02:45] | And that meant one thing — | 这意味着一件事 |
[02:47] | Desperately avoiding an onslaught of love from my mom. | 不顾一切地逃避我妈爱的袭击 |
[02:50] | Birthday boy sighting! | 发现小寿星 |
[02:53] | It’s my little love muffin’s birthday. | 今天是我小可爱的生日 |
[02:55] | And how do I know? | 我怎么知道的 |
[02:56] | Because I grew your body in my body. | 因为你的身体是在我的身体里长成的 |
[02:58] | Will you stop bringing that up? We all know where I came from. | 别再说这事了好吗 我们都知道我打哪里来 |
[03:02] | We are gonna go all out and party hearty. | 我们要出去好好玩一玩 |
[03:04] | Yeah, about that — | 关于这点 |
[03:05] | I was thinking this year, I just hit the arcade with Chad. | 我在想今年 就我和查德去游戏厅玩 |
[03:08] | Oh, poop. It’s your big day. | 见鬼 这是你的大日子 |
[03:10] | We’ve got to do something special. | 我们得做点特别的 |
[03:12] | Mom, I know I’ve said this | 妈 我知道过去两周 |
[03:13] | Every day for the past two weeks, | 我每天都在说这句话 |
[03:15] | But I’m in middle school now, | 我现在上初中了 |
[03:16] | And birthday parties are not cool. | 生日派对一点也不酷 |
[03:19] | Fine, moody judy. | 好的 小暴脾气 |
[03:20] | You can celebrate with no family and no fanfare. | 你可以在没家人不热闹的情况下庆祝 |
[03:24] | But before you go, can I at least give you my present? | 但你出门前 我把礼物送给你好吗 |
[03:27] | It’s down in the basement. | 在地下室 |
[03:28] | I think you’re really gonna love it. | 我觉得你会非常喜欢的 |
[03:32] | Surprise! | 惊喜 |
[03:34] | And there it was — my mom went behind my back | 就是这样 我妈背着我 |
[03:36] | And invited my friends over for a stupid little-kid party! | 邀请我的朋友来参加愚蠢的小孩子派对 |
[03:40] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[03:41] | All my friends are gonna think this is super-lame. | 我所有的朋友会觉得超级逊 |
[03:43] | Yo, mrs. G, digging this “O” dip. | 金太太 蘸酱太好吃了 |
[03:47] | And why did you invite Garry Ball? | 你为什么邀请加里·鲍尔 |
[03:49] | He’s super-cool and gets away with murder | 他超级酷 有错也不受罚 |
[03:51] | ’cause his dad’s the principal! | 因为他爸是校长 |
[03:52] | Oh, nonsense. | 胡说 |
[03:54] | Okay, kiddos, | 孩子们 |
[03:56] | I’ve scored everything you’re gonna need | 我准备了超级棒的睡衣派对 |
[03:57] | To have a raging slumber party — | 所需要的一切 |
[03:59] | Jolt cola, pixy stix, mad libs, ouija board, | 焦特可乐 吸管糖 疯狂填词 占卜板 |
[04:03] | And a pen to draw on the first dorkus who falls asleep. | 还有给第一个睡着的小笨蛋画鬼脸的笔 |
[04:07] | I’m looking at you, Dave Sirota. | 我说的是你哦 大卫·西若塔 |
[04:10] | Burn! | 够劲 |
[04:11] | I am a funny mom. | 我真是风趣的妈妈 |
[04:13] | Jam on. | 开始吧 |
[04:14] | My friends were gonna give me hell. | 我的朋友们要给我脸色了 |
[04:15] | This was the epitome of uncool! | 真是不酷到家了 |
[04:17] | Dude, this is gonna be so rad. | 哥们 一定非常好玩 |
[04:19] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:20] | You guys are actually stoked about a slumber party? | 你们真的为睡衣派对感到兴奋吗 |
[04:23] | Slumr party? I thought this was a sleepover. | 睡衣派对 我以为这是留宿 |
[04:26] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[04:27] | Ha! Stupid Chad Kremp doesn’t know the difference. | 笨蛋查德·克伦普不知道其中的区别 |
[04:30] | Someone should tell him in great detail | 应该详细告诉他细节 |
[04:32] | So he knows what to expect tonight. | 这样他知道今晚有什么可期待的 |
[04:33] | Slumber parties are for little kids with sleeping bags. | 睡衣派对是小孩子带着睡袋 |
[04:37] | But at a sleepover, we break all the rules. | 但在留宿时 我们可以打破一切规矩 |
[04:39] | Um, Chad is wondering if you could give | 查德想知道你是否能说出 |
[04:41] | Some specific rules we’re gonna break. | 我们能打破哪些具体的规矩 |
[04:43] | Whatever we want, man. | 想怎样都行 |
[04:45] | We can dip some ‘chaw, make some prank calls, | 嚼烟草 打恶作剧电话 |
[04:47] | Light off some fireworks, sneak out, make out. | 放烟火 溜出去 和女生亲热 |
[04:50] | Is your sister home? | 你姐在家吗 |
[04:51] | Chad’s now wondering if part of the sleepover | 查德现在想知道留宿的一部分内容 |
[04:54] | Is making your host feel uncomfortable. | 是不是让主人家觉得不自在 |
[04:56] | Nothing could prepare me for what my friends had in store. | 我朋友们带来的东西让我措手不及 |
[04:59] | Dave Kim brought his great-grandfather’s pipe. | 金戴夫带了他曾祖父的烟斗 |
[05:02] | Sirota topped that with his brother’s throwing stars. | 西若塔更厉害 带了他哥的飞镖 |
[05:05] | But both paled in comparison to what Garry Ball offered up — | 但比起加里·鲍尔带的 就逊色多了 |
[05:09] | A real, grown-up, ice-cold beer! | 真正的 成年人的 冰啤酒 |
[05:12] | Served warm. | 捂热了端上桌 |
[05:16] | When I was trying to keep my cool, | 我尝试保持冷静时 |
[05:17] | Barry and Erica were trying to write | 巴瑞和爱丽卡正尽力写着 |
[05:19] | the greatest song known to man. | 人类史上最好听的歌 |
[05:20] | Okay, here we go — greatest song of all time. | 好了 有史以来最好听的歌 |
[05:23] | Let’s do this. | 开始吧 |
[05:26] | * Music * | 音乐 |
[05:28] | * Singin’ music with my mouth * | 用我的嘴唱着音乐 |
[05:32] | That’s it! We did it! | 太好了 我们成功了 |
[05:33] | Yeah, I think we should keep working. | 我觉得还要继续努力 |
[05:35] | Let’s break this down. | 我们来分析下 |
[05:37] | What are the greatest songs about? | 最好听的歌是讲什么的 |
[05:39] | Well, obviously you got to start with a guy in a mill. | 显然一开始是一男的在水磨厂里 |
[05:41] | No. | 不 |
[05:41] | And he’s working his fingers to the bone | 他拼命工作 |
[05:43] | on some type of metal thing where sparks fly. | 捣鼓金属的东西 火花四射 |
[05:45] | And he’s dead-broke, definitely lives in Jersey. | 他非常穷 一定住在新泽西 |
[05:48] | Why Jersey? | 为什么 |
[05:49] | T-that’s the heartland, where all the real people live — | 那是中心地带 现实中人们生活 |
[05:52] | And die, ’cause millwork is dangerous. | 死亡的地方 因为水磨工作很危险 |
[05:54] | Forget the mills. We need to think bigger. | 别再说水磨厂 我们要想的深远些 |
[05:57] | The greatest songs are always about love, | 好听的歌总是歌唱爱情的 |
[05:59] | about loss and yearning, | 关于失去与渴望 |
[06:01] | about driving all night and islands in the stream | 整晚开车 溪中小岛 |
[06:04] | and seconding that emotion. | 呼应情感 |
[06:06] | Love is a battlefield. | 爱情是战场 |
[06:08] | Exactly! | 正是 |
[06:09] | It’s a battlefield, | 是战场 |
[06:10] | and you got to crush your enemies like a ninja — | 要像忍者一样击垮敌人 |
[06:13] | A ninja of love! | 爱的忍者 |
[06:16] | Love ninja! | 爱情忍者 |
[06:17] | That’s it! We did it! We changed the world! | 太好了 我们成功了 我们改变了世界 |
[06:19] | * She’s a love ninja * | 她是爱情忍者 |
[06:22] | – * Love ninja * – Yes, yes. | -爱情忍者 -太棒了 |
[06:23] | Now sing something | 唱一些 |
[06:24] | about how she snaps necks and takes no prisoners. | 她折断脖子 不留活口 |
[06:26] | It’s a love song. She can’t be snapping necks. | 这是爱情歌曲 她不能折断脖子 |
[06:30] | But she can be breaking hearts. | 但她可以伤透别人的心 |
[06:32] | Or breaking the neck of the heart. | 或是折断心上的脖子 |
[06:36] | Oh, my god! Oh, my god! That’s so good! | 我的天 我的天 太棒了 |
[06:39] | An hour later, their musical opus was ready. | 一小时后 他们的音乐作品完成了 |
[06:42] | Okay, pops, I need to make sure | 老爷子 在给爸听之前 |
[06:44] | that this is the greatest song of all time before dad hears it. | 我得确认这是有史以来最好听的歌 |
[06:47] | Just give me your honest opinion. | 说出你的真实想法 |
[06:50] | * Well, it was just outside of Jersey * | 在泽西以外 |
[06:52] | * But not in the actual state * | 非真实的世界中 |
[06:55] | * Donny drilled metal things in a mill * | 丹尼在水磨厂中钻着金属的东西 |
[06:57] | * Danger was his fate * | 危险是他的命运 |
[06:59] | * But his desire burned like fire * | 但他的欲望燃烧似火 |
[07:02] | * For a stealthy gal named Kate * | 为了一个叫凯特的神秘姑娘 |
[07:04] | * She’s a love ninja, a love ninja * | 她是爱情忍者 爱情忍者 |
[07:09] | * Love ninja, snapped the neck of my heart * | 爱情忍者 折断了我心上的脖子 |
[07:12] | * She’s a love ninja, nunchucked my life apart * | 她是爱情忍者 用双截棍击碎我的生活 |
[07:17] | * Roundhouse, crane kick, elbow chop * | 大抡拳 鹤踢 肘劈 |
[07:19] | * Ninja stole my heart, and she wouldn’t stop * | 忍者偷走了我的心 她不会就此罢手 |
[07:21] | * Bo staff, blow dart, samurai blade * | 金箍棒 吹镖 武士刀 |
[07:23] | * Ninja went off like a ninja grenade * | 忍者的离去像忍者弹 |
[07:25] | Girl, you threw a smoke bomb, | 姑娘 你扔出了烟雾弹 |
[07:27] | vanished with a spark | 像火花一样消失无踪 |
[07:28] | * She’s more deadly than a robot shark * | 她比机器鲨鱼更致命 |
[07:30] | * A robot shark, how sweet would that be? * | 真要有机器鲨鱼 那该有多棒啊 |
[07:32] | * Mechanical beast swimming out to sea * | 机械野兽 在海洋里遨游 |
[07:34] | * Love ninja, a love ninja * | 爱情忍者 爱情忍者 |
[07:39] | Blah, blah, blah. | 差不多就这样 |
[07:40] | Yeah, it’s just a taste, but…what do you think? | 只是初稿 感觉如何 |
[07:43] | You two are my grandkids, and I love you, | 你们是我的外孙 我爱你们 |
[07:46] | so if you want me to say this confusing fakakta song | 如果你们要我说 这首关于忍者 |
[07:50] | about ninjas and robot sharks is actually good, | 和机器鲨鱼的混乱烂歌很好 |
[07:53] | I’ll say it. | 我会说 |
[07:54] | Great! Do that! | 很好 说吧 |
[07:56] | I’m sorry. I thought I could, but I can’t. | 对不起 我以为我说的出口 但不行 |
[07:58] | Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[07:59] | How else are we supposed to convince dad | 叫我们怎样说服老爸 |
[08:01] | that music is our thing? | 音乐是我们的最爱 |
[08:02] | Can’t be done. | 没办法 |
[08:03] | You’re dealing with a man | 你们要面对的是一个 |
[08:04] | who has no interest in music whatsoever. | 无论怎样对音乐一点兴趣也没有的人 |
[08:07] | Everyone likes music. | 每个人都喜爱音乐 |
[08:09] | Oh, my god. I think pops is right. | 老天 我想老爷子说得对 |
[08:11] | How can he actually not like music? | 他怎么能不喜欢音乐呢 |
[08:12] | Some dads just don’t. | 有些父亲就是不喜欢 |
[08:14] | It’s more common than you think. | 这现象比你认为的要普遍 |
[08:16] | Well, that’s perfect. | 太好了 |
[08:18] | Dad’s a blank slate. | 爸是块白板 |
[08:19] | We don’t have to write the world’s greatest song. | 我们不必写出全世界最好听的歌 |
[08:22] | We can just sing someone else’s and say that it’s ours. | 我们可以唱别人的歌 说是我们写的 |
[08:24] | That’s genius! | 天才 |
[08:26] | That’s not genius. | 这不是天才 |
[08:27] | Genius is coming up with an idea that makes sense. | 天才会想出有道理的主意 |
[08:30] | Your idea’s terrible. | 你的主意很糟糕 |
[08:32] | Barry, come on. We got to go steal a song. | 巴瑞 来吧 我们去偷一首歌 |
[08:38] | The beer smells kind of funky. | 啤酒闻起来挺臭的 |
[08:40] | That’s the point, dude. | 要的就是这个味 哥们 |
[08:41] | This is craft brew — fancy kind, trust me. | 这是手工酿的 高级货 相信我 |
[08:44] | Shouldn’t it say, like, “schlitz” or something? | 上面不是应该有”施利茨”之类的牌子吗 |
[08:46] | Nah, it’s better than real beer. | 不 这比真正的啤酒还要好 |
[08:48] | My dad brews it in the downstairs bathtub. | 我爸在楼下的浴缸里酿的 |
[08:50] | Dave Kim, you’re up. | 金戴夫 你先来 |
[08:51] | This was it. | 没办法了 |
[08:52] | Sure, we were nervous, but it was my birthday, | 我们当然紧张 但今天是我的生日 |
[08:55] | and we would become men together. | 我们要一起变成男人 |
[08:58] | Well, everyone but me. | 所有人除了我 |
[09:00] | Sirota immediately booted. | 西若塔立刻有了反应 |
[09:01] | Cool guy Garry Ball wasn’t far behind. | 酷男加里·鲍尔随后 |
[09:03] | Chad was next. | 接下来是查德 |
[09:04] | And finally, Dave Kim, who had no options left. | 最后是金戴夫 他已经别无选择 |
[09:08] | That first sip came up as quickly as it went down. | 第一口吐的速度和吞下去一样快 |
[09:10] | Not the washing machine! | 不要吐在洗衣机里啊 |
[09:12] | Stop judging me! | 别说我 |
[09:13] | There was no way it could get worse. | 情况不可能更糟了 |
[09:15] | – Squishy! – Until it did. | -小宝宝 -直到真的更糟了 |
[09:17] | Look who I found moseying around the balloon corral. | 看我发现谁在气球围栏里晃悠 |
[09:20] | It’s cowboy Josh, and today, he’s gonna — | 是牛仔乔什 今天他会… |
[09:22] | Ohhh! Sweet creamed corn! | 我的妈呀 |
[09:24] | It was either think fast | 要么快点想借口 |
[09:25] | or be grounded for the rest of my life. | 要么一辈子被禁足 |
[09:27] | I think it was the “o” dip. | 我想可能是蘸酱的原因 |
[09:31] | And…grounded it was. | 看来还是禁足 |
[09:34] | I’d like to thank you all for coming to this meeting | 感谢大家在一通知的情况下 |
[09:36] | on such short notice. | 都来参加这个会 |
[09:38] | Let me begin by saying | 我先说 |
[09:40] | I’m not here today as principal Ball. | 我今天的身份不是鲍尔校长 |
[09:43] | I’m just Earl, concerned parent. | 我只是厄尔 担心的家长 |
[09:46] | Understood, Earl. | 明白 厄尔 |
[09:49] | I know you all have some questions | 我相信大家对这周末 |
[09:51] | about the messy incident that took place | 在我家地下室发生的混乱事件 |
[09:53] | in our basement this weekend, | 有些疑问 |
[09:55] | but let’s agree to have an open dialogue, | 但让我们都同意开诚布公 |
[09:59] | free of any finger-pointing, okay? | 不要互相指责 好吗 |
[10:01] | That said, I blame you and you and you | 就是说 我怪你 你 你 |
[10:04] | and — back up — you. | 退后 还有你 |
[10:06] | Okay, okay. Let’s calm down. | 好的 大家冷静 |
[10:08] | Our kids only got into one of my unfermented batches, | 我的孩子只是拿了未发酵的 |
[10:11] | so, luckily, they just drank pure mold. | 所以很幸运 他们喝的只是霉菌 |
[10:13] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[10:14] | You will not lump Adam in with your band of beer sippers. | 你不能把亚当和那群啤酒小酒鬼混为一谈 |
[10:18] | He didn’t get sick, which means he never drank the mold. | 他没吐 这说明他没喝霉菌 |
[10:22] | Oh, please — I’ve seen Adam doing horseplay | 得了吧 我见过亚当恶作剧 |
[10:24] | when I have specifically requested no horseplay. | 我当时特别要求不要有恶作剧 |
[10:27] | He’s no angel. | 他不是天使 |
[10:27] | Oh, he is an angel. | 他就是天使 |
[10:29] | He could literally sprout wings and take flight at any moment! | 他任何时候都可以展开翅膀飞翔 |
[10:31] | I know Dave Kim better than anyone, | 我是最了解金戴夫的 |
[10:33] | and there’s no way he’d ever drink a beer — | 他不可能喝啤酒 |
[10:35] | Unless he was peer-pressured. | 除非他是被逼的 |
[10:38] | Don’t you point at me. | 别指我 |
[10:39] | From what I heard, | 我听说的是 |
[10:41] | your little smokey the bear brought a pipe. | 你的小护林熊带了个烟斗 |
[10:43] | My son hurt no one | 我儿子没伤害任何人 |
[10:44] | and looked like an elegant ship captain. | 而且看起来像一位优雅的船长 |
[10:46] | And with that, | 就这样 |
[10:47] | the open dialogue free of finger-pointing | 开诚布公 不要互相指责 |
[10:49] | broke down into a profanity-laced free-for-all. | 变成了脏话乱飞的一场混战 |
[10:52] | This absurdity went on for another 25 minutes. | 荒谬言行持续了25分钟 |
[10:55] | Indoor voices, everybody! | 小点声音 各位 |
[10:57] | And absolutely nothing was accomplished. | 当然什么结果也没有 |
[10:59] | Now, that’s enough! | 够了 |
[11:01] | It seems there is only one thing we can all agree on, | 看来我们只会同意一件事 |
[11:04] | and that is that the Goldberg sleepover | 就是金伯格家的留宿 |
[11:06] | was the last time our boys ever hang out. | 是我们的儿子最后一次玩在一起 |
[11:10] | – Agreed. – Fine with me. | -同意 -我同意 |
[11:11] | Wait — the last time? | 慢着 最后一次 |
[11:14] | What does that mean? | 这什么意思 |
[11:15] | It means we separate our little drinking buddies | 就是说把咱们的小酒友们分开 |
[11:17] | before they end up as winos on the street. | 以免他们日后变成大街上的酒鬼 |
[11:18] | While my social life was being dismantled, | 我的社交生活就此泡汤 |
[11:21] | Erica and Barry’s plan was coming together — | 爱丽卡和巴瑞的计划正在实施中 |
[11:23] | Steal a song and pass it off as their own. | 偷一首歌 当自己的传播出去 |
[11:25] | * Now that it’s done * | 现在歌已写好 |
[11:26] | * I hope you don’t mind, I hope you don’t mind * | 希望你别介意 希望你别介意 |
[11:30] | * That I put down in words * | 我写下的词语 |
[11:33] | * Words, words, adjectives and verbs * | 词语 词语 形容词与动词 |
[11:36] | * How wonderful life is * | 人生多么美好 |
[11:41] | * Now you’re in the world * | 只因世界有你 |
[11:45] | That was incredible. | 难以置信 |
[11:47] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[11:48] | You really like our — our original song | 你真的喜欢我们的原创歌曲吗 |
[11:50] | that we wrote together? | 我们一起写的 |
[11:51] | I really do. | 我真的喜欢 |
[11:52] | I think we proved | 我想我们证明了 |
[11:53] | that we deserve a cd player. | 我们理应获得一台CD播放机 |
[11:54] | You mean Elton John deserves a cd player. | 应该是艾尔顿·约翰理应获得一台CD播放机 |
[11:56] | – He knows the song. – He knows the song. | -他知道这首歌 -他知道 |
[11:58] | – You know the song? – Of course I know the song! | -你知道吗 -我当然知道 |
[12:00] | But you don’t listen to music. | 但你不听歌 |
[12:02] | But I live on earth! | 但我生活在地球上 |
[12:03] | You do realize when Elton John says | 你应该知道艾尔顿·约翰唱的 |
[12:06] | “You can tell everybody that this is your song,” | “你可以告诉任何人 这是你的歌” |
[12:08] | It’s not actually your song, right? | 并不是指版权上的”你的歌” 对吗 |
[12:11] | Okay, so maybe we lied, | 好吧 我们是说谎了 |
[12:12] | but we did write an original masterpiece. | 但我们也写了首原创的杰作 |
[12:15] | Erica, quick — play “love ninja.” | 爱丽卡 快 唱《爱情忍者》 |
[12:16] | Please — no “love ninja.” | 拜托 不要唱《爱情忍者》 |
[12:18] | Let’s make this simple. | 咱们简单些 |
[12:20] | You’re not getting a cd player. | 你们不会得到CD播放机 |
[12:24] | I hereby declare this a cassette house. | 我在此宣布这里是磁带之家 |
[12:27] | So it is written. | 就这样定了 |
[12:29] | So it is done. | 没得商量 |
[12:32] | You were right, pops. He’ll never understand. | 你是对的 老爷子 他永远不会理解 |
[12:35] | The man just doesn’t get music. | 他根本不懂音乐 |
[12:37] | Did you ever stop to think why? | 你有想过为什么吗 |
[12:39] | When your dad was your age, there was no music. | 你爸在你这个年纪 根本没有音乐 |
[12:42] | ‘Cause it wasn’t invented yet. | 那时候音乐还没有被发明 |
[12:44] | No. There was no time for music. | 不 他没时间听音乐 |
[12:46] | Back then, his father gave him nothing. | 那时候 他父亲什么也没有给他 |
[12:48] | Your dad’s only “thing” was raising his little brother. | 你爸唯一的”最爱” 就是抚养弟弟 |
[12:52] | Maybe you should think about what he sacrificed | 也许你们应该想想他牺牲了什么 |
[12:55] | and give him something back. | 回馈他一些东西 |
[12:57] | While Barry and Erica were realizing the error of their ways, | 巴瑞和爱丽卡意识到他们的错误时 |
[13:00] | my friends and I were still being punished for ours. | 我和朋友们依然因为我们的错误在受罚 |
[13:03] | Hey, guys. | 哥们 |
[13:04] | – Hello. – Hi. – Yo. | -你好 -嗨 -好 |
[13:05] | How was everyone’s day? | 大家今天怎么样 |
[13:07] | Don’t put us in this position, dude. | 别让我们陷入这种境地 哥们 |
[13:09] | You know we can’t exchange pleasantries. | 你知道我们不能打招呼 |
[13:11] | Well, I miss you guys. | 我想念你们 |
[13:14] | Even you, Dave Kim. | 甚至包括你 金戴夫 |
[13:15] | Who’s that talking? What’s happening? | 谁在说话 出什么事了 |
[13:17] | You know what? I’m not ready to lose you dudes. | 知道吗 我没有准备好失去你们 |
[13:20] | I don’t care what my mom thinks. | 我不管我妈怎么想 |
[13:21] | She thinks we’re a band of alcoholic roughnecks | 她觉得我们是一帮酒鬼 |
[13:24] | and you’re a snuggly, little angel. | 而你是可爱的小天使 |
[13:25] | Then it’s time I show her this angel has fallen. | 那就是时候让她看到 这个天使堕落了 |
[13:28] | What angel? What’s happening? | 什么天使 出什么事了 |
[13:31] | It was “go” time. | 是时候行动了 |
[13:33] | We need to talk, lady! | 我们要谈谈 女士 |
[13:35] | Okay, well, before you start stomping your little buster browns, | 在你跺脚发脾气前 |
[13:38] | you need to know | 你得知道 |
[13:38] | I’m not the one who wanted you guys to stop hanging out. | 不是我不准你们玩在一起的 |
[13:41] | Oh, please. Thanks to you, I lost all of my friends. | 得了吧 都是因为你 我失去了所有的朋友 |
[13:44] | Well, maybe it was for the best. | 也许这样最好 |
[13:45] | I mean, those bad apples did ruin my angel’s slumber party. | 那些烂苹果的确毁了我的小天使的睡衣派对 |
[13:49] | They’re not bad apples. And I’m no angel. | 他们不是烂苹果 我也不是天使 |
[13:52] | Of course you are. You didn’t drink the mold. | 你当然是的 你没有喝霉菌 |
[13:55] | Well, I was going to drink the mold. | 我准备喝的 |
[13:56] | But you drank no mold. | 但你没有喝 |
[13:58] | I’ll drink the mold right now. | 我现在就喝 |
[14:02] | Drink the mold, I would, and nothing would stop me. | 我会喝霉菌 没什么可以阻止我 |
[14:04] | Don’t you dare drink that mold! | 你有胆子喝下霉菌试试 |
[14:07] | Consider this mold dranken. | 我喝定这个霉菌了 |
[14:12] | Cuddle bear, no. | 抱抱熊 不要 |
[14:13] | You drank the mold! | 你喝了霉菌 |
[14:15] | But I’m glad I did. | 我很开心我喝了 |
[14:16] | Because now you see me for what I am — | 你现在看到了真实的我 |
[14:19] | A regular kid… | 一个普通的孩子 |
[14:21] | Who needs a bathroom. | 需要厕所的孩子 |
[14:22] | While I could no longer ignore the nausea, | 我无法再无视恶心时 |
[14:24] | Erica and Barry listened to pops | 爱丽卡和巴瑞听了老爷子的话 |
[14:25] | and decided to give back to my dad. | 决定回馈老爸 |
[14:27] | Hey! There’s the Merman! | 老默回来了 |
[14:30] | Shedding those slacks like a champ. | 像老大一样脱掉长裤 |
[14:32] | What the hell is that? | 搞什么 |
[14:33] | That is your new cd player. | 这是你的新CD播放机 |
[14:35] | It’s a marantz ta-100 | 这是马兰士TA100 |
[14:36] | With tuner, equalizer, and monster speakers. | 有调谐器 平衡器以及超级喇叭 |
[14:39] | This is for me? | 这是给我的吗 |
[14:41] | – Sure is. – Yep. | -当然 -是的 |
[14:41] | The thing you’ve been desperate to get? | 你们拼了命想要的东西 |
[14:43] | – Absolutely. – That is correct. | -是的 -没错 |
[14:45] | Was this your idea? | 这是你的主意吗 |
[14:46] | I-I don’t even know anymore. | 我也搞不清楚了 |
[14:48] | Actually, pops reminded us about | 事实上 老爷子提醒我们 |
[14:49] | how much you had to sacrifice as a kid. | 你在小时候牺牲了多少 |
[14:52] | So we did the same. | 我们也做出了牺牲 |
[14:53] | And we traded in all the stuff you ever bought us | 我们用你买给我们的所有东西 |
[14:55] | for this one cd player. | 换了这台CD播放机 |
[14:56] | Now we, too, know what it’s like to suffer. | 现在我们也知道了痛苦的滋味 |
[15:00] | I sacrificed my unused stilts and abandoned aquarium, | 我牺牲了没用过的高跷和遗弃的鱼缸 |
[15:03] | just like you sacrificed your whole childhood | 就像你牺牲了你的整个童年 |
[15:06] | – to raise your brother. – We are the same. | -养大你的弟弟 -我们是一样的 |
[15:08] | Of course, if you want to let us listen to it from time to time, | 当然 如果你让我们经常听听 |
[15:10] | we won’t stop you. | 我们不会阻止你 |
[15:11] | But that’s up to you, ’cause this is yours. | 但这取决于你 因为这是你的 |
[15:13] | – Yeah! – Unless you’re not home. | -对 -除非你不在家 |
[15:15] | Then it’s ours. | 那就是我们的 |
[15:16] | So, what we have here is a self-gift. | 所以这是自私的礼物 |
[15:18] | – A what, now? – A self-gift. | -什么 -自私的礼物 |
[15:19] | You bought it for you but gave it to me. | 你们为自己买的 却说是送给我的 |
[15:21] | This was not a self-gift! | 这不是自私的礼物 |
[15:23] | Fine! If it really is mine, then you can’t use it ever. | 好的 如果是我的 那你们就永远不能用 |
[15:27] | – No way! – You can’t do that! | -不行 -你不能这样做 |
[15:29] | What about sharing? We need to learn life lessons. | 说好的分享呢 我们需要学人生体验 |
[15:31] | Oh, that’s what this is. It’s mine — all of it. | 就这样了 这是我的 完全属于我 |
[15:35] | Oh, what you got playing here? | 有什么可以听的 |
[15:36] | That’s my rare, imported public enemy cd! | 这是我稀有的进口的”全民公敌”CD |
[15:39] | You can’t touch that. You hate rap. | 你不能碰 你讨厌饶舌 |
[15:40] | Not anymore — ’cause it’s mine. | 不再讨厌了 因为这是我的 |
[15:42] | What?! | 什么 |
[15:44] | Oh, boy. That’s aggressive. | 老天 真是咄咄逼人 |
[15:46] | Those guys are angry! | 这些人好生气 |
[15:48] | I don’t know what about, and I don’t care. | 我不知道为了什么 我也不在乎 |
[15:51] | But I’m on board! | 但我喜欢听 |
[15:52] | “Fight the power” is my jam, not yours! | 《反抗权威》是我的歌 不是你的 |
[15:54] | Well, now I fight the power! | 现在我要反抗权威 |
[15:56] | You can’t fight the power. You are the power. | 你不能反抗 因为你就是权威 |
[15:58] | No. You are. | 不 你才是 |
[16:00] | And…Chuck D agrees. | 而且 查克·迪同意 |
[16:02] | Don’t you dare say Chuck D’s name! | 不准说查克·迪的名字 |
[16:05] | Oh, I’ll say it. | 我会说 |
[16:06] | And I’ll say “professor griff” | 我还要说格里夫教授 |
[16:08] | And “terminator ten” and “flavor flav.” | 终结者十 风味弗拉福 |
[16:11] | They all agree that you’re the power worth fighting! | 他们都同意你们是值得反抗的权威 |
[16:13] | You have no idea how much that hurts my feelings! | 你根本不知道这有多伤害我的感情 |
[16:18] | I am not as emotional about Chuck D, | 我对查克·迪的事没这么激动 |
[16:19] | but I am really upset about the stereo. | 但我对这台音响非常生气 |
[16:24] | While my dad had intended to teach Erica and Barry a lesson, | 我爸打算给爱丽卡和巴瑞一个教训时 |
[16:27] | all he did was turn himself into a real public enemy. | 结果他把自己变成了全民公敌 |
[16:31] | It had been one day since I drank the mold, | 我喝下霉菌已经一天了 |
[16:33] | and my mom had finally accepted that I was no better | 我妈终于承认 我并不比 |
[16:35] | than the other beer-sippers. | 其他偷喝啤酒者优秀 |
[16:38] | Hello, everyone. Thanks for coming. | 大家好 感谢大家前来 |
[16:41] | Uh, last time we were all here, | 上次我们在这里 |
[16:42] | there was a lot of finger-pointing — | 有太多的互相指责 |
[16:45] | Mostly by me. | 主要是我指责大家 |
[16:46] | But I just want to say | 但我要说 |
[16:47] | that Earl’s idea to keep our kids apart | 厄尔出的主意 把咱们的孩子分开 |
[16:49] | is the stupidest thing he’s done | 是自去年6月”强制短裤日”以来 |
[16:51] | since “mandatory shorts day” last June. | 他做过的最蠢的事 |
[16:53] | Hey, there was a heat wave. | 当时有热浪来袭 |
[16:56] | Point is, I think our kids should be friends again. | 重点是 我觉得咱们的孩子应该再次做朋友 |
[16:59] | And you’re not worried that our band | 你不担心我们的那帮 |
[17:00] | of crazed suburban hooligans will corrupt your little angel? | 疯狂郊区小流氓会带坏你的小天使吗 |
[17:04] | Look, I realize they’re not monsters. | 我意识到他们不是怪物 |
[17:06] | They’re just growing up. | 他们只是在成长 |
[17:08] | Which means they’re still sweet and cute and kind. | 就是说他们依然亲切可爱友好 |
[17:13] | But now they’re also little sticks | 但现在他们也有些讨厌 |
[17:14] | that need to be watched at every turn. | 需要时时被盯着 |
[17:16] | Why did they have to turn slumber parties into sleepovers? | 他们为什么要将睡衣派对变为留宿 |
[17:20] | They were so adorable snuggled up in those sleeping bags. | 他们依偎在睡袋里真是可爱极了 |
[17:23] | I don’t even punish Garry to his room anymore. | 我甚至不再惩罚加里回到他自己房间了 |
[17:25] | My wife and I — we just lock ourselves in the bedroom, | 我和妻子只是把自己锁在卧室里 |
[17:28] | let him have the run of the house. | 让他在家里为所欲为 |
[17:30] | Growing up is so hard on them, you know? | 成长对他们来说很难 |
[17:32] | They need each other. | 他们需要彼此 |
[17:34] | They really do. | 的确是的 |
[17:34] | But the truth is, we need each other, too. | 但事实上 我们也需要彼此 |
[17:37] | We can’t do this alone. | 我们单枪匹马可做不到 |
[17:39] | So from here on out, we’re a united front. | 所以从现在起 我们统一战线 |
[17:42] | What do you say? | 怎么样 |
[17:44] | That day, our parents finally found some real common ground. | 那天 我们的父母终于找到了共同立场 |
[17:48] | Back at home, my mom decided to make things right | 回到家 我妈决定和被禁足的儿子 |
[17:50] | with her grounded son. | 把事情说清楚 |
[17:51] | Hey, schmoo. How you feeling? | 宝贝 感觉怎么样 |
[17:54] | I’m regretting my decision to drink the mold. | 我后悔我决定喝了霉菌 |
[17:57] | Well, when you feel better, um.. | 当你觉得好些后 |
[18:00] | These are for the arcade. | 这是游戏币 |
[18:02] | Thought you could have the birthday you actually wanted. | 你依然可以拥有真正想要的生日 |
[18:05] | Thanks, but there’s no point in playing air hockey alone. | 谢谢 但一个人玩不了桌上冰球 |
[18:10] | About that… | 关于这点 |
[18:12] | I had a chat with the other parents. | 我和其他家长谈过了 |
[18:15] | The ban’s been lifted. | 禁令取消了 |
[18:16] | But I thought those guys were bad apples. | 但那些家伙不是坏苹果吗 |
[18:18] | Well, you know what they say about bad apples. | 你知道关于坏苹果有句俗话 |
[18:21] | They make the best pies. | 做的馅饼最好吃 |
[18:22] | That wasn’t a real saying, | 根本没这句俗话 |
[18:24] | but it was my mom’s way of admitting | 但这是我妈妈承认 |
[18:26] | that I was gonna grow up — whether she liked it or not. | 我会长大 无论她喜不喜欢 |
[18:31] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:35] | I know I’m in middle school and all, | 我知道我上初中了 |
[18:37] | but could you stay and rub my upset tummy? | 但你可以留下来 揉揉我不舒服的肚子吗 |
[18:41] | You got it, angel. | 没问题 天使 |
[18:43] | * And you can tell everybody * | 你可以告诉任何人 |
[18:45] | * This is your song * | 这是你的歌 |
[18:48] | * It may be quite simple, but now that it’s done * | 可能很简单 现在歌已写好 |
[18:53] | Truth is, none of us were perfect angels. | 事实是 我们都不是完美的天使 |
[18:56] | But our parents weren’t perfect, either. | 但我们的家长也不完美 |
[18:59] | That’s the thing about growing up — | 成长就是这样 |
[19:01] | After a while, it’s better to accept the way things are | 过段时间 接受现实 |
[19:04] | than to stay hung up on the way things used to be. | 总是比紧抓着过去不放要好 |
[19:11] | Which is why my dad decided | 所以我爸决定 |
[19:13] | to give a little something back to Erica and Barry. | 回馈爱丽卡和巴瑞 |
[19:16] | I know this was a gift for me, | 我知道这是给我的礼物 |
[19:18] | but I think you’ll get more use out of it. | 但我想对你们来说作用更大 |
[19:20] | Really? But I thought that you said — | 真的吗 但你说… |
[19:22] | Look, I know I got a little bit crazy. | 我知道我有些太激动 |
[19:26] | Sometimes it’s hard because the two of you — | 有时候真的很难 因为你们两个 |
[19:29] | Your lives are so different than the way mine was. | 你们的生活和我以前的太不同了 |
[19:32] | But truthfully, that’s the way I want it. | 但说实话 这是我要的 |
[19:36] | Now go ahead — enjoy your music. | 来吧 享受你们的音乐 |
[19:39] | I know it’s your thing. | 我知道这是你们的最爱 |
[19:41] | All it took was a cd player | 一台CD播放机 |
[19:42] | for my dad to stop punishing his kids for his past | 让我爸不再为他的过去 而惩罚自己的孩子 |
[19:45] | and start supporting their dreams for the future. | 开始为了未来 支持孩子的梦想 |
[19:48] | As for my mom, she got the support she always needed | 至于我妈 她从新的朋友团那里 |
[19:51] | from her new group of friends. | 得到了一直需要的支持 |
[19:52] | Once a month, our parents got together for a homemade stout | 每月一次 我们的家长聚在一起喝着家酿啤酒 |
[19:56] | and to talk about the hell we put them through. | 谈论我们带给他们的痛苦 |
[19:59] | And me — I not only got my old friends back, | 至于我 我不仅再次拥有了原来的朋友 |
[20:01] | but I gained a new one. | 而且有了位新朋友 |
[20:05] | Sure, Garry was cool and I was far from it, | 没错 加里很酷 我和酷字不沾边 |
[20:08] | but together, we cooked up some memories | 但在一起 我们创造了一些 |
[20:10] | that would last a lifetime. | 永生难忘的回忆 |
[20:13] | Welcome to “the swedish chef cooking hour.” | 欢迎收看《瑞典大厨烹饪时间》[木偶节目] |
[20:16] | Bork, bork. | 啊哈啊哈 |
[20:19] | First is — is monkey soup. | 首先是猴子汤 |
[20:24] | Monkey — monkey soup. | 猴子 猴子汤 |
[20:28] | No monkey! | 没有猴子了 |
[20:30] | No monkey soup today! | 今天没有猴子汤 |
[20:32] | No monkey soup today! | 今天没有猴子汤 |
[20:38] | Dude! You got a discman?! | 老弟 你居然有随身听 |
[20:41] | That’s unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[20:42] | I know! Look. | 就是啊 看 |
[20:44] | It’s so small and sleek | 又小又漂亮 |
[20:46] | and fits in the palm of both hands together. | 双手合在一起正好放得下 |
[20:48] | So, how is it? | 效果如何 |
[20:49] | Uh, it has some kinks. | 不是很流畅 |
[20:50] | It skips a lot if you run with it. | 跑步的时候会跳带 |
[20:52] | Or walk. Or breathe heavily. | 走路也是 或是大喘气的时候 |
[20:55] | Negative thoughts also affect it. | 消极的想法也会影响 |
[20:56] | That’s nuts. You’re just listening wrong. | 没道理 你听的方式不对 |
[20:58] | Let me try. | 我来试试 |
[21:02] | Oh, wow. Yeah, that’s — that’s skipping. | 没错 是有些跳带 |
[21:04] | – Just — just hold it steady. – I can’t. | -拿稳一些 -没办法 |
[21:06] | – God, it just keeps skipping. – Try pressing it to your body. | -一直在跳 -紧贴着身体 |
[21:08] | Stop skipping while I barely move! | 我动都没动 别跳带 |
[21:10] | It’ll stabilize. | 会稳定下来的 |
[21:10] | Oh! I got it! Ha! | 可以了 |
[21:11] | The trick is to fully extend your arm | 窍门是尽量伸长胳膊 |
[21:14] | and hold it up as high as you can. | 尽量抬高 |
[21:15] | Yeah, this is awesome! | 太棒了 |
[21:19] | Oh. No. No, it’s skipping again. | 不 又跳带了 |