时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the 80’s-This is what we did after school | 八十年代 放学后的活动如下所述 |
[00:03] | We’d prepare a feast of our favorite sugary snacks | 我们会做出最爱的甜品盛宴 |
[00:06] | In preparation for an endless tv marathon. | 准备在收看电视节目连播大放送时吃 |
[00:09] | In those days, | 当年 |
[00:10] | Our parents didn’t pack our schedules to keep us occupied. | 父母们可不会把我们的日程表排得满满的 |
[00:13] | That honor went to whatever the three networks chose | 因此我们可以疯狂收看三大电视网 |
[00:16] | to randomly broadcast, | 随机播放的任何节目 |
[00:17] | and it was glorious. | 简直是爽爆了 |
[00:21] | – I was watching that! – I know. | -我在看刚刚那个节目呢 -我知道 |
[00:24] | – Then why’d you change it? – ’cause I don’t care. | -那你为什么要换台啊 -因为我不在乎 |
[00:25] | I thought that was clear by now. | 我以为你到目前已经明白这一点了呢 |
[00:27] | Dude. | 老兄 |
[00:28] | It’s like you have no respect for me at all. | 你简直对我毫无尊重啊 |
[00:30] | It is like that, yes. | 的确就是那么回事 没错 |
[00:32] | I demand your respect! Give it to me right now! | 我要求得到你的尊重 立刻把遥控器还给我 |
[00:35] | Respect isn’t given. It’s earned. | 尊重不是说给就给的 需要你争取 |
[00:37] | You never get off your lazy butt. | 你懒得都快要生蛆了 |
[00:39] | When I was your age, I went to school and I had two jobs. | 我像你这么大时 一边上学一边打两份工 |
[00:42] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[00:43] | I’ll go out right now and get an awesome job, | 我这就出去找一份超棒的工作 |
[00:46] | and then you’ll have to respect me. | 那你就不得不尊重我了 |
[00:47] | And I’ll learn responsibility and earn my own money | 我还可以学会承担职责 自己赚钱自己花 |
[00:50] | and never depend on you for anything. | 再也不用依赖你了 |
[00:52] | You’re threatening me with things I want you to do! | 你这是在拿我希望你去做的事来威胁我 |
[00:55] | This is on you. | 这都是你造成的 |
[00:58] | No, no, no. Stop. | 不不不 打住 |
[00:59] | Come back here and be a weight on my spirit. | 回来啊 继续做我的精神负担啊 |
[01:02] | Unlike Barry, | 和巴瑞不同 |
[01:03] | my sister worked her way up to assistant manager at Gimbels. | 我姐踏实地在金宝百货一直做到了副经理 |
[01:06] | Erica, you really have a flair for style. | 爱丽卡 你对时尚真的很有品味 |
[01:08] | Your bandana work is flawless. | 你把头巾展示做得完美无瑕 |
[01:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:12] | What the — stop it! | 搞什么鬼 住手 |
[01:13] | Hey! It’s me! Barry! | 嘿 是我啊 巴瑞 |
[01:16] | I told you to never come where I am. | 我跟你说了别到我身边来烦我 |
[01:18] | Awesome news — | 好消息 |
[01:20] | You’re getting me a job so dad can respect me. | 你要给我找份工作 好让爸爸尊重我 |
[01:22] | Oh, good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[01:24] | I’ve been working my whole life, | 我这辈子一直在工作 |
[01:26] | and he still calls me “the girl one.” | 他还是叫我”那个丫头片子” |
[01:28] | Erica, if your brother is half as good as you, | 爱丽卡 如果你弟弟有你一半优秀 |
[01:30] | he’s hired. | 我就聘请他 |
[01:31] | Chuck, I think if you’ll give my brother a quick interview, | 查克 如果你能给我弟弟做个快速面试 |
[01:33] | you’ll have all the info you need. | 就能获得你所需的一切信息了 |
[01:35] | So, tell me — what’s your greatest strength? | 告诉我 你最大的优点是什么 |
[01:37] | Easy — bo staff. | 很简单 耍长棍 |
[01:39] | No! Wait. | 不对 等等 |
[01:41] | Busting fresh rhymes. | 说出有创意的押韵词 |
[01:42] | No! Wait. | 不对 等等 |
[01:43] | Handsome. | 是英俊帅气 |
[01:44] | No! Wait. | 不对 等等 |
[01:45] | I was literally born without fear. | 我天生就无所畏惧 |
[01:49] | I’ll let you know. | 我会通知你结果的 |
[01:51] | Boom! He’ll let me know. | 好棒 他会通知我结果的 |
[01:53] | He didn’t, but Barry refused to quit looking. | 他没通知 但巴瑞拒绝停止找工作 |
[01:55] | My biggest weakness? | 我最大的缺点 |
[01:56] | I’m honest, and I’m lazy. | 我这人很诚实 也很懒 |
[01:59] | What’s your biggest weakness? | 你最大的缺点是什么 |
[02:00] | Who do I think would win a fight between a tiger and a bear? | 老虎和熊打架谁会赢 |
[02:03] | That’s a good question. | 真是个好问题 |
[02:05] | One you didn’t ask, but I’ll discuss. | 虽然你没问这问题 但我想讨论下 |
[02:08] | Minimum wage? | 最低薪资 |
[02:09] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[02:10] | What’s maximum wage? | 最高薪资是多少 |
[02:29] | It was April 15, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的4月15日 |
[02:30] | and my mom’s day was about to be rocked to its very core. | 我妈妈马上将遭受极大的内心震荡 |
[02:34] | Boopie, what’s this? | 亲爱的 这是什么 |
[02:35] | Spanish test. | 西班牙语考卷 |
[02:36] | “F”? As in “fail”? | F 意思是不及格吗 |
[02:38] | No, no. That’s literally humanly impossible. | 不不不 那是绝对不可能的 |
[02:40] | My children don’t fail. | 我的孩子是不会不及格的 |
[02:42] | I’m as stunned as you are. | 我也跟你一样震惊 |
[02:43] | Maybe it means “f” as in “fabulous” or “first prize.” | 或许这个F的意思是”超级棒”或者”第一名” |
[02:47] | I-I knew you would say that, so I asked. | 我就知道你会这么说的 所以我特地问了下 |
[02:50] | It’s “fail.” | 那的确是”不及格” |
[02:51] | My teacher said maybe I’m better off moving down a level. | 我老师说或许我该往下降一个等级 |
[02:54] | As in remedial?! | 补修吗 |
[02:56] | – Oh-ho, no! – Are you mad? | -不行 -你很生气吗 |
[02:58] | Yes, I’m mad — at your teacher! | 是的 我很气 气你的老师 |
[03:00] | Senora Taraborelli? | 塔拉布莱莉老师吗 |
[03:03] | You think this is her fault? | 你觉得这是她的错吗 |
[03:05] | Well, it’s certainly not your fault. | 反正肯定不是你的错啊 |
[03:06] | You’re just a little boy. | 你只是个小男孩而已 |
[03:08] | That’s true. I am a little boy. | 没错 我的确只是个小男孩 |
[03:10] | A genius little boy. | 一个天才小男孩 |
[03:12] | Please — be nice. | 求您了 一定要友善点 |
[03:14] | She’s a lovely but fragile woman. | 她是个很可爱 但却很脆弱的女人 |
[03:16] | Well, I’m lovely and pissed. | 我也很可爱 但却气炸了 |
[03:18] | Okay. I got to stop you before this gets nuts. | 好吧 我得趁事情没失控之前赶紧阻止你 |
[03:21] | Clearly, this is the one subject the kid struggles in. | 显然 这孩子是学习这门课有困难 |
[03:24] | You can’t blame the teacher. It’s the boy. | 你不能怪老师 是孩子本身的错 |
[03:27] | It takes a very special educator | 要教授这么一门奇怪的外语 |
[03:30] | to teach such a strange, exotic language, | 需要一位十分特别的老师 |
[03:32] | with all the squiggles over the letters | 字母上面还画着弯弯曲曲的线 |
[03:35] | and the crazy upside-down question marks | 倒置的问号 |
[03:37] | and the “rrrrrrrrrrr”s. | 以及大舌音什么的 |
[03:38] | That right there is what you call Beverly Goldberg mom logic. | 那就是贝弗莉·金伯格的老妈逻辑 |
[03:42] | What do you mean he failed drivers ed?! | 什么叫他没通过驾照考试 |
[03:44] | Yep, my mom could explain away our failures | 没错 我妈可以用唇枪舌剑抹掉我们的失败 |
[03:47] | by perfectly placing the blame on anyone but us. | 完美地把错误怪到别人身上 |
[03:50] | You’ve got your own pedal in there. | 你那边也有个踏板 |
[03:52] | I think you slammed on the brakes yourself | 我觉得是你踩下了刹车 |
[03:54] | and sabotaged my son. | 陷害了我儿子 |
[03:55] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[03:56] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[03:57] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[03:58] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[03:59] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[04:00] | Change the grade. | 把分数改掉 |
[04:01] | Change the — oh, that’s nice. | 把分数改…真好 |
[04:03] | My mom would now apply mom logic to | 我妈现在打算用这一招来解释 |
[04:05] | why I sucked at Spanish. | 为何我西班牙语很烂 |
[04:07] | Look, Adam is so smart, and he tries so hard, | 亚当非常聪明 也很刻苦 |
[04:10] | but, you know, he just can’t keep up with the other kids. | 但是 他就是跟不上其他孩子 |
[04:15] | Uh, I see the situation slightly differently. | 我对这情况的看法有点不太一样 |
[04:18] | How’s that? | 怎么说 |
[04:19] | I see it as entirely your fault. | 我觉得这完全是你的错 |
[04:22] | Mrs. Goldberg, | 金伯格太太 |
[04:23] | I have been teaching Spanish for well over a decade. | 我教西班牙语都十几年了 |
[04:26] | And have you adequately kept up with changes to the language? | 你有随时跟进这门语言的变化吗 |
[04:30] | I’m — I’m pretty sure it’s set in stone. | 我敢确定这门语言是固定的 |
[04:33] | Have you ever even traveled to any of these Spanish places? | 你去过那些说西班牙语的国家吗 |
[04:37] | No, not on a teacher’s salary, but look, I’m saving money, | 没 靠教师工资是不可能了 但我正在存钱 |
[04:41] | and I intend to find myself in San juan, drinking cervezas | 我想去圣胡安 喝啤酒 |
[04:46] | with a very fiery caribbean lover | 找一个性感的加勒比情郎 |
[04:49] | who will take me in his taut, muscular arms, | 用他坚实有力 肌肉发达的手臂环绕着我 |
[04:52] | and together, we will dance the forbidden dance. | 我们将一起 疯狂地跳禁舞 |
[04:55] | The lambada. | 也就是兰巴达舞 |
[04:58] | That is… very graphic. | 那画面太美我不敢想 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry. Look, I just — | 我很抱歉 听着 我… |
[05:03] | You know, if Adam is struggling, I suggest you find a tutor. | 如果亚当学习有困难 我建议你给找个家教 |
[05:06] | Excellent. When can you start? | 好极了 你什么时候可以开始啊 |
[05:08] | Me? | 我吗 |
[05:08] | No, no. | 不 不行 |
[05:10] | That would be a conflict of interest. | 那会造成利害冲突的 |
[05:12] | Oh, it’s really not. | 显然不会啊 |
[05:13] | I mean, the school pays you to teach. | 学校付你工资让你教书 |
[05:15] | Why can’t I pay you more to teach him more? | 我怎么就不能给你更多钱多教教他呢 |
[05:17] | In this case… 50 bucks an hour | 我觉得 可以开给你50美元一小时 |
[05:19] | to help fund your sensual adventure? | 有助于为你充满感官刺激的旅行提供资金吧 |
[05:21] | Well, that is very generous, | 你可真大方 |
[05:23] | but I would not feel right about — | 但我觉得这样好像不太对 |
[05:25] | Did you say $50? | 你刚刚是说50美元吗 |
[05:29] | Yep, mom logic even managed to win over | 没错 老妈逻辑甚至成功搞定了 |
[05:31] | my earnest, buttoned-up teacher. | 我那位诚挚热心 工作认真的老师 |
[05:34] | The lure of the forbidden dance is calling you. | 禁舞的诱惑正在召唤你 |
[05:37] | Well, that and the promise of a sensual, silk-shirted senor. | 加上性感迷人 穿着丝绸衬衫的男人的诱惑 |
[05:40] | Meanwhile, my brother had somehow | 与此同时 我哥不知怎么 |
[05:41] | landed his very first job. | 找到了人生中的首份工作 |
[05:43] | …and the in-depth pizza-box-folding tutorial. | 以及折叠披萨盒的特别指导 |
[05:46] | So, any questions? | 那么 你有什么问题吗 |
[05:48] | Nope. I’m good. | 没 我都掌握了 |
[05:50] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[05:51] | This entire operation rests on you delivering our food hot and on time. | 关键就在于你一定要把披萨趁热及时送达 |
[05:55] | Don’t you worry. | 别担心 |
[05:56] | Every street in this city | 本城的每一条街道 |
[05:58] | can tell you a story about Barry Goldberg. | 都可以告诉你巴瑞·金伯格的传奇故事 |
[06:00] | Some are…pretty hard to talk about. | 某些 让人难以启齿 |
[06:03] | Lot of bad memories. | 有很多悲痛的记忆 |
[06:04] | I, uh, I struggle with stuff. | 我 某些事做不好 |
[06:06] | Point is, I know the streets good. | 重点是 我很熟悉路 |
[06:09] | Hope so. | 但愿如此 |
[06:10] | ‘Cause this may be the pizza depot, | 或许这只是个披萨小站 |
[06:12] | but we’re closing in fast on the big boys over at Domino’s. | 但我们正在迅速赶超达美乐那种大企业 |
[06:15] | See, they’ve tipped their hand | 他们不小心透露了 |
[06:16] | and revealed the secret to the pizza-delivery gold standard, | 披萨外送的黄金法则 |
[06:20] | and that’s the avoidance of this man. | 也就是避免这家伙 |
[06:24] | The Noid. | 诺伊德 |
[06:25] | Oh, yeah — the funny guy from the commercials. | 原来是这个啊 广告中的那个搞笑家伙 |
[06:27] | Funny? | 搞笑 |
[06:29] | This floppy-eared goblin is a physical manifestation | 这个大耳朵妖精代表着 |
[06:32] | of the challenges inherent in getting a hot pizza delivered on time. | 将热披萨准时送达的巨大挑战 |
[06:37] | The Noid is evil, and he never sleeps. | 诺伊德是魔鬼 他从不睡觉 |
[06:40] | He makes pizza cold. I’m familiar with the Noid. | 他会让披萨冷掉 我很熟悉诺伊德的 |
[06:42] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[06:43] | ‘Cause he’s the wolf at the gates who will stop at nothing | 因为他就像是看门的恶狼 不把我们 |
[06:46] | until he destroys us and everything we hold dear. | 和我们珍视的东西摧毁就决不罢休 |
[06:49] | Are you afraid now? Huh? | 你现在害怕了吗 |
[06:50] | No. | 不怕 |
[06:51] | He’s a cartoon. | 他只是个卡通角色 |
[06:52] | You’re cocky, rookie. | 你很自大啊 菜鸟 |
[06:54] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[06:58] | Look at you! | 瞧瞧你 |
[07:00] | – How was the first day on the job? – Not bad at all. | -第一天上班感觉怎么样 -挺不错的呢 |
[07:02] | Made a ton of dough. | 赚了好多钱呢[面团] |
[07:03] | Pizza dough. | 我是指披萨面团 |
[07:05] | It’s a joke we say around the shop, | 我们在店里经常开这种玩笑 |
[07:06] | because “dough” is another word for “money” | 因为”面团”跟”钱”恰好是一个词 |
[07:08] | But we also cook with it. | 正好我们还要把面团烤熟 |
[07:10] | I got to admit, I didn’t think you’d go through with it. | 我必须承认 我之前以为你不行呢 |
[07:12] | But hard work like this deserves something special. | 但是像这么辛勤的工作 该获得一些特殊奖励 |
[07:18] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[07:18] | Bottle of suds. | 啤酒 |
[07:20] | It’s about time you had a beer with your old man. | 你也是时候跟你老爹一起喝啤酒了 |
[07:22] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[07:24] | Uh, just a little father/son thing. | 就是父子之间培养一下感情 |
[07:26] | Dad’s giving me a beer ’cause I’m a working man. | 老爸要给我喝啤酒 因为我现在有工作了 |
[07:29] | What? I work, a-and I like beer. | 什么 我也工作啊 而且我喜欢啤酒 |
[07:33] | I’ve said too much. I should go. | 我透露得太多了 我该走了 |
[07:35] | Just to be clear, this is a one-time thing. | 先说清楚一点 仅此一次下不为例 |
[07:38] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我真不敢相信这是真的 |
[07:40] | Oh, believe it. | 相信吧 |
[07:41] | This frosty cold one is a rite of passage, | 冰啤酒是成人仪式 |
[07:43] | a symbol of my respect. | 也是我尊重的象征 |
[07:46] | Son, you are no longer a moron. | 儿子 你不再是个白痴了 |
[07:49] | You are a man. | 你是个汉子了 |
[07:51] | This is too much. I’m freaking out. | 这有点太令人受宠若惊了 我要吓坏了 |
[07:53] | Don’t freak out. | 别吓坏 |
[07:54] | – I’m freaking out! – Don’t freak out. | -我要吓坏了 -别吓坏 |
[07:58] | The hell was that?! | 搞什么 |
[07:59] | I panicked! I-I didn’t know what to do! | 我慌乱了 我完全不知道该怎么做 |
[08:01] | You drink it! You don’t slap it across the room! | 你该把酒喝掉 而不是摔得老远的 |
[08:04] | I know that now! | 我现在知道了 |
[08:06] | Let’s just put a pin in this. | 我们还是以后再进行吧 |
[08:07] | While Barry was struggling with his newfound respect, | 巴瑞面对新得到的尊重不知所措时 |
[08:09] | I was hoping my new tutor | 我希望我的新家教 |
[08:11] | would end my struggles with el espanol. | 能够结束我面对西班牙语的痛苦挣扎 |
[08:13] | Gracias, Dave Kim. | 谢谢 金戴夫 |
[08:16] | Ah, Paco. How’d we do? | 你感觉做的怎么样 |
[08:17] | No buena. | 不怎么好 |
[08:19] | No? Oh, I’m sure it’s not that bad. | 不好吗 我觉得应该不会那么差吧 |
[08:22] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[08:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:27] | Why don’t you go ahead and just, uh, | 不如 你先去… |
[08:29] | eh, take another look at 3. | 再看看第3题吧 |
[08:32] | And 6. | 以及第6题 |
[08:34] | And 11. | 以及第11题 |
[08:35] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[08:36] | Wow. Great. | 哇 好极了 |
[08:44] | Me puedes …pasar… | 你能 把鞋 |
[08:50] | Los zapatos? | 递过来吗 |
[08:52] | Oh, yeah. You taught me that. | 对哦 你教过我这句 |
[08:54] | See? I knew you knew it. | 瞧吧 我就知道你是知道的 |
[08:55] | Well, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:57] | Adios. | 再会[西班牙语] |
[08:58] | Oh, very good. | 非常好 |
[09:05] | Squishy! | 天啊宝贝 |
[09:07] | I knew you could do it! | 我就知道你可以做到的 |
[09:09] | Congrats, kid. | 恭喜了 孩子 |
[09:11] | Let’s hear a little bit of the old espanl. | 不如说几句西班牙语来听听吧 |
[09:13] | Well…I’m not quite ready to talk and stuff. | 这个嘛…我的口语还不怎么行 |
[09:17] | Me and my tutor/teacher work mostly in english. | 我和我的老师兼家教基本是用英语交流的 |
[09:22] | Really? | 是吗 |
[09:23] | Yeah, she’s got this amazing technique | 是啊 她会一种超赞的教学技巧 |
[09:25] | where even if I don’t know I know the answer, | 就算我觉得我不知道答案 |
[09:28] | she reminds me I do know it by telling it to me. | 她也会直接告诉我 让我明白我是知道的 |
[09:33] | My baby’s learning. | 我的宝贝在学习了 |
[09:36] | Little senor. | 小”男纸汉” |
[09:39] | You see what’s going on, right? | 你明白这是什么情况吧 |
[09:41] | You mean the way his little face | 你是指他可爱的小脸蛋 |
[09:42] | gets more delicious the more you look at it? | 你越盯着看 就越觉得可爱吗 |
[09:44] | I mean this teacher clearly gave him the answers | 我是指那位老师显然是告诉了他答案 |
[09:47] | ‘Cause you paid her. | 因为你付钱给她了 |
[09:48] | Oh, poop. She did not. | 该死 她才没有呢 |
[09:50] | That would be cheating. | 那就是作弊了 |
[09:51] | Yes, it is cheating. | 没错 就是作弊啊 |
[09:53] | No, it is tutoring — during the test. | 不是 那也是辅导 考试中的辅导 |
[09:55] | It’s a totally different thing. | 那完全不是一回事 |
[09:57] | For once, stop with the mom logic. | 请你停止使用一次老妈逻辑吧 |
[10:00] | That’s not a thing. | 根本没那玩意儿 |
[10:01] | Oh, it is. | 显然有啊 |
[10:02] | It’s how you sleep at night | 尽管你知道他什么都没学到 |
[10:03] | even though you know he’s learned nothing. | 但你每晚就是靠这个安然入睡的 |
[10:05] | But he thinks he’s learning, | 但是他觉得他在学习 |
[10:07] | and thinking is learning. | 思考本身也是一种学习啊 |
[10:09] | Again, mom logic. | 你又在耍老妈逻辑 |
[10:11] | If cheating’s the only way Adam can do well, | 如果亚当只能通过作弊拿到好分数 |
[10:14] | just do him a favor and drop him down to remedial. | 干脆帮他个忙 让他去参加补修吧 |
[10:19] | Fxxx that. | 滚他妈的补修 |
[10:22] | Adam can learn six languages, | 亚当可以学会6门语言 |
[10:24] | because he is perfect and anything but remedial! | 因为他很完美 绝对不能进补修班 |
[10:30] | Mom logic. | 老妈逻辑 |
[10:33] | After a half day of rigorous training at the pizza depot, | 在披萨店接受了半天的严格训练后 |
[10:35] | Barry was confident he’d crush his first day of deliveries. | 巴瑞坚信自己第一天送外卖一定会非常成功 |
[10:40] | He did not. | 但他没有成功 |
[10:44] | Glen oaks?! | 格伦橡树街 |
[10:46] | I need oak glen! | 我要的是橡树格伦街 |
[10:48] | Where am I? | 我这是在哪儿啊 |
[10:49] | Sadly, Barry was in oak ridge. | 很不幸 巴瑞跑去了橡树岭 |
[10:51] | He was lost, and this meant sheer panic. | 他迷路了 这意味着他又要慌乱了 |
[10:53] | See, back then, our cars didn’t have navigation systems | 当年 车上可没有导航系统 |
[10:56] | or cellphones with google maps. | 或者带有谷歌地图的手机 |
[10:58] | Barry’s only choice was to wrangle an actual map | 巴瑞唯一的选择就是依靠纸质地图 |
[11:01] | and stress-eat. | 在压力下暴食 |
[11:03] | Oh, no! | 不好 |
[11:05] | – I’m not paying for this, bro. – Why? | -我不会付款的 兄弟 -为什么 |
[11:07] | Well, first of all, you’re an hour and a half late. | 首先 你迟到了一个半小时 |
[11:09] | And, secondly… | 其次 |
[11:11] | …you clearly ate a piece. | 你显然已经吃了一块 |
[11:13] | Dude, you don’t understand. | 老兄 你真是搞不清状况 |
[11:16] | If you don’t pay me, it comes out of my check. | 如果你不付款 他们就会从我的工资里扣 |
[11:18] | Oh. I didn’t realize that. | 我刚刚没意识到这一点 |
[11:27] | You’re fired. | 你被开除了 |
[11:28] | What?! Why?! | 什么 为什么 |
[11:29] | ‘Cause you’re the Noid. | 因为你就是诺伊德 |
[11:31] | I am not the Noid! | 我才不是诺伊德呢 |
[11:32] | You have successfully delivered four pizzas. | 你成功送达了4份披萨 |
[11:34] | – You know it. – Out of 37. | -你知道的 -总共37份 |
[11:36] | Please don’t fire me. | 求你别开除我 |
[11:37] | Just take the mistakes out of my check. | 从我的工资里扣款吧 |
[11:38] | Oh, I did, until there was no check left. | 我扣了啊 直到最后没钱可扣了 |
[11:41] | You now owe us $314. | 你现在欠我们314块 |
[11:43] | This is a job. | 这是份工作啊 |
[11:45] | You pay me. I don’t pay you. | 是你付钱给我 我不需要付给你 |
[11:47] | Yeah. That’s how it usually works. | 没错 通常都是这样的 |
[11:49] | Yet here we are. | 但现在的情况不同 |
[11:55] | A Noid knocking a Noid down. | 一个诺伊德把另一个诺伊德打倒了 |
[11:58] | How ironic. | 真够讽刺的 |
[11:59] | As my brother was losing his job, | 我哥丢了工作 |
[12:01] | I was getting a “b” in Spanish, and it felt awesome. | 而我在西班牙语上得了B 感觉好爽 |
[12:04] | Well, to me. | 对我而言是这样 |
[12:05] | Hola, friendos! | 你们好啊 朋友们 |
[12:06] | Who’s ready por esloppy joses for lunch-o, eh? | 谁想午餐吃个美味的饼啊 |
[12:13] | What’s with the silent treatment? | 你们干嘛对我保持沉默啊 |
[12:14] | Are you guys mad at me? | 你们是生我的气了吗 |
[12:15] | Adam, everyone knows what’s going on | 亚当 大家都知道 |
[12:16] | with you and senora Taraborelli. | 你和塔拉布莱莉老师间是怎么回事 |
[12:18] | You mean my tutoring? | 你是说找她当家教的事吗 |
[12:19] | Seems like a little more than that. | 似乎不止如此吧 |
[12:22] | Dana. | 戴娜 |
[12:23] | Babe, it’s me. | 宝贝 是我啊 |
[12:24] | I would never step out on you like that. | 我绝对不会像那样背叛你的 |
[12:26] | No one thinks you’re dating the Spanish teacher, dude. | 没人觉得你是在和西班牙语老师谈恋爱 老兄 |
[12:29] | We study for hours just to pass, | 我们为了通过考试苦学好几个小时 |
[12:31] | while you get to cut all the corners. | 你却可以走捷径捡便宜 |
[12:33] | Corners? No! | 走捷径 才没有呢 |
[12:34] | I’m getting tutored, and I’m excelling. | 我在接受补习 现在成绩变好了 |
[12:36] | Trust me — it’s all on the up-and-up. | 相信我 一切都是很正直公平的 |
[12:38] | In fact, I bet she’d tutor all of us. | 实际上 我觉得她会愿意给我们所有人补课的 |
[12:41] | No — no. No, no, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不行 |
[12:44] | There has been a huge misunderstanding. | 这事存在一个巨大的误解 |
[12:46] | If it’s the money, I bet you my parents will pay double. | 如果是钱的问题 我父母肯定愿意付双倍的 |
[12:49] | Oh. No. No. | 不 不是 |
[12:50] | My family owns a restaurant. | 我家是开饭店的 |
[12:52] | Help me out, and you could be ass-deep in crab rangoon. | 帮我提高成绩 你就可以狂吃炸蟹角了 |
[12:55] | Wha– | 什么 |
[12:56] | Left my wallet there on the desk. | 不小心把钱包掉在你的桌上了 |
[12:59] | I’m gonna turn around and count to three. | 我打算转身数到三 |
[13:01] | If it turns up empty, so be it. | 如果里面的钱空了 就随它去吧 |
[13:03] | Dave Kim knows nothing in life is free. | 金戴夫知道没有任何东西是免费的 |
[13:07] | You can’t quit! | 你不能辞职 |
[13:08] | Things have gotten completely out of hand. | 现在情况已经完全失控了 |
[13:10] | Dave Sirota put a $10 bill in my waistband | 大卫·西若塔在我的腰带里塞了10美元 |
[13:13] | and told me to “think about it.” | 叫我好好考虑一下 |
[13:15] | Well, what about San juan? | 你不想去圣胡安了吗 |
[13:16] | The lambada! | 兰巴达舞呢 |
[13:18] | Who am I kidding?! | 我在开什么玩笑啊 |
[13:19] | It’s a forbidden dance! I’m not allowed! | 那可是禁舞 我不能跳的 |
[13:21] | Anyone can dance that dance. | 谁都可以跳那舞的啊 |
[13:24] | Look, monday, we’re doing our oral presentations. | 听着 我们周一时要做口语展示 |
[13:26] | And if Adam doesn’t pass, | 如果亚当通不过 |
[13:27] | he’s being moved down to remedial Spanish. | 他就会被降级到补习班中 |
[13:29] | But we had a deal. | 但我们之前达成了协议啊 |
[13:30] | Well, that deal is off. | 现在那协议作废了 |
[13:32] | I’ll just spend another summer in Ohio, | 我还是老老实实在俄亥俄州度夏吧 |
[13:34] | sleeping on the couch, | 睡在沙发上 |
[13:35] | because mother’s cat has priority of the bed. | 因为我妈的猫比我有资格睡床上 |
[13:37] | While my disgruntled teacher was shutting down my mom, | 我那气愤的老师严厉拒绝了我妈 |
[13:42] | Barry was keeping up the illusion of still having a job. | 巴瑞装出一副依然有工作的样子 |
[13:45] | There he is! Working man! | 回来了啊 工作男 |
[13:48] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[13:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[13:49] | And I am definitely not the Noid. | 我绝对不是诺伊德 |
[13:52] | Well, I want to show you something. | 我想给你看样东西 |
[13:55] | The whole beer thing didn’t work out, | 我们没一起成功喝到啤酒 |
[13:57] | because you’re a moron. | 是因为你是个白痴 |
[13:59] | But this — this here — this is our moment. | 但是现在 就此刻 是属于我们的时刻 |
[14:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[14:03] | And just like that, | 就像这样 |
[14:04] | my father gave Barry the ultimate sign of respect — | 我爸给予了巴瑞尊重的终极象征物 |
[14:07] | The la-z-boy. | 懒汉椅 |
[14:08] | I get my own chair? | 我有了专属的椅子吗 |
[14:11] | And that’s not all. | 还不止如此呢 |
[14:15] | And the remote? | 遥控器也归我吗 |
[14:17] | Last time I touched this thing, | 上次我碰这玩意儿的时候 |
[14:19] | you threw a photo cube at my head. | 你直接拿方块相框扔向我的头 |
[14:20] | Well, times have changed. | 时移世易 |
[14:24] | You used to be this boy… | 你以前是这个小男孩 |
[14:26] | And now you’re this man. | 现在 你是这个男子汉 |
[14:28] | And that means you get to choose what we watch. | 那意味着 你可以决定我们看什么节目 |
[14:39] | And you chose a grown man in tights. | 最终你选择了看穿着紧身衣的成年男人 |
[14:41] | What the hell is this?! | 这是什么鬼情况啊 |
[14:43] | First beer, and now a chair? | 先是喝啤酒 现在又准备了懒汉椅 |
[14:45] | And the remote. | 遥控器也归我掌控哦 |
[14:46] | Last time I touched that thing, | 上次我碰遥控器的时候 |
[14:48] | you threw a photo cube at my head. | 你直接拿方块相框扔向我的头 |
[14:50] | Well, it’s different for me ’cause I’m a working man. | 我不一样 因为我是个工作男 |
[14:53] | Hello?! I’ve been working my whole life! | 拜托 我这一辈子都在工作啊 |
[14:55] | This is a total double standard. | 你这绝对是在搞双重标准 |
[14:57] | No, it’s not. | 不 没有 |
[14:58] | Dad’s just giving me special treatment | 爸爸给我优待 |
[15:00] | ‘Cause I’m a boy and you’re not, so you lose. | 是因为我是男孩 你不是 所以你输了 |
[15:02] | That’s the definition of a double standard, you idiot! | 那就是双重标准的定义 你个白痴 |
[15:06] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[15:07] | And why do you keep watching that? It’s so weird! | 而且你为什么老看那节目啊 真古怪 |
[15:10] | I wish I could move my hips like that. | 真希望我的屁股也能那样摆动 |
[15:13] | Erica refused to sit back | 爱丽卡拒绝忍气吞声 |
[15:15] | and let Barry rub his newfound respect in her face, | 让巴瑞在她面前炫耀他新得到的尊重 |
[15:17] | so she went to his job to let him have it. | 所以她去了他工作的地方准备报复他 |
[15:21] | I told you — you can’t sit here all day! | 我跟你说了 你不能整天坐在这里 |
[15:23] | Just give me one more chance. | 再给我一次机会吧 |
[15:24] | No, no, no. You don’t work here anymore! | 不行 你已经不是这里的员工了 |
[15:26] | Now beat it, Noid! | 快滚吧 诺伊德 |
[15:29] | Fortunately for her, there was no job. | 算她走运 巴瑞根本就没工作 |
[15:32] | Don’t you worry, schmoo. | 别担心 小宝贝 |
[15:33] | Your teacher may have failed you, but not your mama. | 你的老师或许给你判不及格 但你妈不会 |
[15:36] | I will see to it that you ace that oral presentation. | 我一定会确保 你在口语展示中得A |
[15:40] | You’re even worse at Spanish than I am. | 你的西班牙语比我还差呢 |
[15:42] | It’s hopeless. I should just go down to remedial. | 那是没指望的 我还是降级到补修班吧 |
[15:45] | A presentation has nothing to do with knowledge. | 演讲展示根本与知识无关 |
[15:47] | It’s all about flash. | 重点在于各种花哨 |
[15:48] | I’m pretty sure it’s all about Spanish words. | 我很确信重点在于西班牙语词汇 |
[15:51] | Oh, no. It’s about showmanship. | 不 重点在于表现能力 |
[15:53] | You’re a natural performer, and with my help, | 你是个天生的表演者 加上我的帮助 |
[15:56] | you will dazzle them with your talent, grace, and dignity. | 你可以用你的才华 风度和高贵迷住他们 |
[16:00] | That’s right — Beverly Goldberg’s mom logic | 没错 贝弗莉·金伯格的老妈逻辑 |
[16:03] | convinced me that I could pass a Spanish test | 使我相信 我可以在不用西班牙语的情况下 |
[16:05] | without the use of actual Spanish. | 通过一次西班牙语测试 |
[16:07] | Me gusto mucho “pet cementerio.” | 我好喜欢《宠物坟场》 |
[16:12] | Muy bueno, Dave Kim. | 太棒了 金戴夫 |
[16:14] | Okay. | 好了 |
[16:17] | Y finalmente… Senor Goldberg. | 最后一位 金伯格先生 |
[16:21] | This was it — go time. | 就是此刻了 上场的时候到了 |
[16:24] | With the help of my trusty assistant, | 在我值得信赖的助理的帮助下 |
[16:26] | an exotic musical score from faraway lands, | 加上来自远方国度的异域风情音乐 |
[16:28] | and one he-man pinata, | 一个男性皮纳塔娃娃 |
[16:30] | I would ace my Spanish class. | 我就会在西班牙语课上独领风骚 |
[16:33] | Maracas! | 响葫芦 |
[16:35] | Guacamole! | 鳄梨色拉酱 |
[16:39] | By today’s standards, the content was questionable. | 按今天的标准来看 这些内容是要遭受质疑的 |
[16:42] | Salsa! | 萨尔萨舞 |
[16:43] | Salsa! | 萨尔萨辣酱 |
[16:44] | Salsa? | 萨尔萨辣酱要吃吗 |
[16:45] | And sure, I borrowed heavily | 当然了 我从电影中 |
[16:46] | from the stereotypes I saw in the movies. | 借鉴了很多老旧的桥段 |
[16:48] | “The three amigos.” | 《三个朋友》 |
[16:50] | Man, did I kill it. | 天啊 我真是震撼全场 |
[16:53] | What a wonderful summary of a very beautiful and vibrant culture. | 真是对一个美丽又充满活力的文化的精彩总结 |
[16:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:58] | But you didn’t answer the question. | 但你并没有回答我的问题 |
[17:07] | For once, | 仅有的一次 |
[17:08] | Beverly Goldberg had no mom logic | 贝弗莉·金伯格的老妈逻辑 |
[17:09] | to cover up the fact that I was a literal failure. | 也无法掩盖我是个失败者的事实 |
[17:14] | Erica knew Barry’s secret | 爱丽卡知道了巴瑞的秘密 |
[17:15] | and how it would crush him if my dad found out, | 也知道如果被我爸知道了 他会有多惨 |
[17:17] | which is exactly why she made sure that was gonna happen. | 正因此她才不遗余力地确保这事一定要曝光 |
[17:21] | That’s me. I ordered pizza. | 是我订的披萨到了 |
[17:24] | Yes! | 好棒 |
[17:25] | Pizza! Pizza! | 披萨 披萨 |
[17:27] | Ohhhh, crap. | 糟糕 |
[17:29] | Pizza. | 披萨 |
[17:30] | – That’ll be $314. – What?! | -总共314美元 -什么 |
[17:33] | Erica? How many toppings did you order? | 爱丽卡 你让他多加了多少料啊 |
[17:36] | None. You owe him money | 没多加 你欠他钱 |
[17:38] | because you lost 33 pizzas. | 因为你搞丢了33份披萨 |
[17:40] | Who gets a job and ends up owing them money? | 哪有工作的人反而要付老板钱啊 |
[17:42] | Me! | 我呗 |
[17:44] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[17:45] | I finally had your respect, and I got fired in two days. | 我终于得到了你的尊重 却过了两天就被炒了 |
[17:48] | Eh, don’t beat yourself up. | 别自责 |
[17:50] | Wait — what, now? | 等等 什么情况来着 |
[17:51] | Eh, he’s going through a rough patch. | 他正在经历一段艰难的时期 |
[17:54] | Did I ever tell you about the time | 我有没有跟你说过 |
[17:56] | that I got fired from the deli for refusing to wear a hairnet? | 我曾因拒绝戴发网 而被一家熟食店开除了 |
[18:00] | Are you actually bonding with him over getting fired? | 你是在用都被开除过这事 增进跟他的感情吗 |
[18:03] | What is wrong with you?! | 你是有什么毛病啊 |
[18:05] | I’ve babysat, I’ve tutored, I’ve sold hot dogs on sticks | 我当过保姆 做过家教 卖过热狗 |
[18:09] | and oranged thousands of juliuses. | 做过几千杯甜品饮料 |
[18:12] | And in all that time, you never showed me a shred of respect. | 那么久以来 你从未对我表示过半点尊重 |
[18:17] | Erica, wait! | 爱丽卡 等等 |
[18:19] | As my dad realized there really was a double standard, | 我爸终于意识到他是在搞双重标准时 |
[18:21] | my mom finally accepted it was time to lower hers. | 我妈也终于觉得 她该降低自己的标准了 |
[18:25] | – How’s my little pinto bean? – Don’t. | -我的小宝贝感觉怎么样 -别 |
[18:27] | You used my love of performance against me, | 你利用我对表演的热爱坑了我 |
[18:29] | and I completely embarrassed myself. | 我真是出尽了洋相 |
[18:31] | I know. And I’m sorry. | 我知道 我很抱歉 |
[18:34] | It’s just that… | 只是… |
[18:35] | I always see you as my perfect little angel. | 我一直把你当做完美的小天使 |
[18:38] | And when the world doesn’t agree with me, | 当世界与我这个观点不同时 |
[18:41] | I go a little nuts. | 我就会有一点抓狂 |
[18:42] | A little? | 一点点吗 |
[18:43] | Okay, a lot. | 好吧 是非常疯狂 |
[18:45] | Look, I realize no one’s perfect. | 听着 我意识到没有人是完美的 |
[18:48] | God knows I’m not. | 显然我就不完美 |
[18:51] | But when it comes to you… | 但是对于你 |
[18:53] | I can never see you any other way. | 你在我眼中绝对是最完美的 |
[18:57] | I guess that’s not the worst thing in the world. | 那也不算是全世界最糟糕的事吧 |
[19:02] | Hey, mama? | 嘿 妈妈 |
[19:09] | I don’t know what that means, but…it’s beautiful. | 我不知道这是什么意思 但听着很美 |
[19:12] | Sure, my family | 的确 我的家人们 |
[19:13] | didn’t always speak the same language. | 并不总是说同样的语言[意见一致] |
[19:15] | Luckily, I learned just enough Spanish | 幸运地是 我学到的西班牙语 |
[19:17] | to tell my mom how I really felt | 足够让我告诉我妈我的真实感受 |
[19:19] | without her ever really knowing. | 而她永远不知道我说了什么 |
[19:24] | Go away. | 走开 |
[19:26] | Not until we talk. | 除非我们谈完 |
[19:27] | What’s there to talk about? | 有什么好谈的 |
[19:29] | You’ve made everything pretty clear. | 你已经表示得很明显了 |
[19:30] | Look, even though Barry’s a moron, | 听着 尽管巴瑞是个白痴 |
[19:33] | he’s a lot like me. | 他却很像我 |
[19:34] | I get him. | 我懂他 |
[19:36] | And the reality is, I was never a teenage girl. | 现实情况就是 我可没经历过少女时期 |
[19:39] | Well, that’s a relief to hear. | 听着这话真让人松了一口气 |
[19:40] | What I mean is, | 我的意思是 |
[19:42] | I just wanted to have the big rite of passage with my son, | 我只想亲历我儿子长大成人的重要经历 |
[19:45] | when I should have been having it with my daughter. | 但我也该跟我女儿有同样的经历 |
[19:54] | Here’s to you. You’re a man now. | 给你的 你也是个男子汉了 |
[19:58] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[20:01] | What the — what is this?! | 搞什么鬼 这是什么情况 |
[20:03] | You are in big trouble, missy! | 你麻烦大了 姑娘 |
[20:06] | – But dad just — – I caught her with these. | -这是爸… -我逮到她在喝酒 |
[20:08] | – Oh, my… – You are so grounded! | -天啊 -你被禁足了 |
[20:10] | You’re lucky your dad got here before me! | 你爸比我先赶到 算你走运 |
[20:12] | So lucky! | 太幸运了 |
[20:16] | That’s the thing about growing up. | 这就是成长 |
[20:17] | Sometimes you take the fall | 有时候你会承受失败打击 |
[20:19] | or you struggle to make the grade. | 或者靠努力进取获得好成绩 |
[20:21] | Looks like the remedial class is more my speed. | 看来补修班更加适合我的学习进度啊 |
[20:24] | You are so going to Harvard. | 你一定会进哈佛大学的 |
[20:26] | I’m not, but sure. | 不会的 说说也无妨 |
[20:28] | I made dinner. | 我做了晚餐 |
[20:31] | And sure, you may be far from perfect, | 当然了 你或许完全算不上完美 |
[20:33] | but with your family close by, life comes pretty darn close. | 但有家人在身边 生活基本也算完美了 |
[20:37] | You know, I wish you’d fight over my salads like that. | 真希望你们也像这样抢着吃我做的沙拉 |
[20:42] | Me niego de contestar esta pregunta. | 我拒绝回答这个问题 |
[20:47] | Esta clase es tan aburrida. | 这课好无聊哦 |
[20:49] | Imuy bien, clase! | 很好 同学们 |
[20:51] | Adios. | 再见 |
[20:52] | Adios. | 再见 |
[20:55] | How many years of experience do I have as a CPA? | 我作为CPA有多少年的工作经验 |
[20:59] | Let me answer that with a follow-up question. | 我想用进一步的问题来回答这个问题 |
[21:02] | What is a CPA? | CPA是什么[注册会计师] |
[21:04] | This kid’s head is weird. | 这孩子的头好奇怪啊 |
[21:08] | Are you related? | 你们是亲戚吗 |
[21:09] | I’ve got fresh rhymes | 我很会遣词押韵 |
[21:11] | and I gotta pay my bills | 我得付账单 |
[21:12] | you’ve got a lot of grime | 你家里有很多灰尘 |
[21:13] | and I got some cleaning skills | 我刚好很会打扫 |
[21:15] | Then I put the second piece of tape this way, | 然后我把第二块胶带这样放 |
[21:18] | and I’m a pig! | 我就跟猪一样了 |
[21:22] | Hire me. | 聘用我吧 |