时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Back in the ’80s, | 八十年代 |
[00:02] | I saw the movie “princess bride” 237 times. | 我把电影《公主新娘》看了237遍 |
[00:05] | Not just because it was Andre the giant’s greatest performance, | 不仅因为这是巨人安德烈的最佳演出 |
[00:08] | it had magic, adventure, romance, | 还因为电影包含了魔法 冒险 浪漫 |
[00:10] | rodents of unusual size, | 超大尺寸的啮齿类动物 |
[00:12] | and the greatest one-liners of all time. | 以及有史以来最棒的俏皮话 |
[00:14] | My name is Inigo Montoya. | 我叫埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[00:16] | You killed my father. | 你杀了我的父亲 |
[00:18] | Prepare to die. | 准备去死吧 |
[00:19] | It wasn’t enough to just watch “the princess bride.” | 光是看《公主新娘》还不够 |
[00:21] | I had to experience it. | 我必须亲身体验 |
[00:23] | Then why are you smiling? | 那你为什么笑 |
[00:24] | Then why are you smiling? | 那你为什么笑 |
[00:25] | ‘Cause I know something you don’t know. | 因为我知道你不知道的事情 |
[00:26] | Because I know something you don’t know. | 因为我知道你不知道的事情 |
[00:28] | I am not left-handed. | 我不是左撇子 |
[00:31] | There’s something I ought to tell you. | 有件事我要告诉你 |
[00:32] | I’m not left-handed, either. | 我也不是左撇子 |
[00:40] | Screw wrapping paper. | 该死的包装纸 |
[00:42] | We need some real swords, dude. | 我们需要真正的剑 哥们 |
[00:44] | Can’t you ask your mom? She never says no to you. | 你不能去找你妈妈吗 她从来不拒绝你 |
[00:46] | Sure, Dave Kim. | 当然了 金戴夫 |
[00:47] | Let me ask my safety-crazed mother for a deadly weapon. | 我去向疯狂执着于安全的母亲要致命武器 |
[00:51] | Get your head in the game, dude. | 用点头脑好吗 哥们 |
[00:52] | Maybe you could ask your dad. | 也许你可以问你爸爸 |
[00:53] | Please. He hates movies. | 拜托 他讨厌电影 |
[00:56] | All he cares about are sports and bread products. | 他只关心体育和面包类产品 |
[00:58] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[01:00] | That’s it. | 有了 |
[01:01] | Yes. Good. | 是的 非常好 |
[01:03] | Fill your mouth with that delicious buttered bagel I made you. | 好好享受我给你做的美味黄油百吉饼 |
[01:06] | While I’m here, I wanted to ask for a little favor. | 反正我来了 我想请你帮个忙 |
[01:08] | – No. – Imagine a world | -不 -想象一个世界 |
[01:10] | where you can live out your dream of having an athletic son | 你可以实现梦想 拥有一个运动员儿子 |
[01:14] | instead of a triple-threat theater force. No. | -而不是爱好戏剧的三面手儿子 -不 |
[01:16] | Well, that world can be yours for just $250. | 只需250元 这个世界就是你的 |
[01:19] | – No. – ’cause with your help… | -不 -在你的帮助下 |
[01:21] | – No – ….I can become — | -不 -我可以成为 |
[01:23] | – You’re gonna love this — – No! | -你肯定喜欢 -不 |
[01:24] | An olympic-class fencer. | 奥运会级别的击剑手 |
[01:26] | Seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[01:27] | Of all sports, you pick the one with a pointy sword? | 运动项目那么多 你却选了用尖头剑的 |
[01:30] | You know how your mom’s crazy about eye safety. Crazy! | 你知道你妈对眼睛的安全有多疯狂 疯狂 |
[01:34] | Please. Fencing is my dream. | 求你了 击剑是我的梦想 |
[01:36] | I thought your dream was to be cast as an Ewok. | 你的梦想不是被选去演伊渥克族吗[星战角色] |
[01:38] | I’m too big now. Things change. | 我现在太大了 世事变了 |
[01:40] | Just give me what I want. | 给我我想要的 |
[01:42] | Pops, the voice of reason. | 老爷子 讲道理的人 |
[01:44] | Help me out here, will you? | 帮我一下好吗 |
[01:46] | Come on, Murray. | 别这样 默里 |
[01:47] | Don’t be such a grump and let the kid do it already. | 别发牢骚了 让这孩子放手做吧 |
[01:50] | You just walked in. You don’t even know what we’re talking about. | 你刚进来 根本不知道我们说什么 |
[01:52] | Well, I know the first thing you always say is no. | 我知道你一开口就是拒绝 |
[01:55] | Is that what happened here? He said no? | 是这样吗 他拒绝了吗 |
[01:57] | The moron wants to fence. | 这个白痴想去击剑 |
[01:59] | I’ll spend a fortune on equipment, | 我得花大价钱买用具 |
[02:01] | and he’ll quit after the first match. | 他在第一场比赛后就会退出 |
[02:02] | You know, this reminds me of a little story. | 这让我想起一个小故事 |
[02:05] | Please don’t tell me a story. | 拜托别给我讲故事 |
[02:06] | I’m gonna tell you a story. | 我给你讲个故事 |
[02:09] | When Bevy was a girl, | 贝弗小的时候 |
[02:10] | all she wanted was to be a ballerina. | 她只想成为芭蕾舞者 |
[02:13] | Sadly, she was a very early bloomer. | 很可惜 她发育太早了 |
[02:16] | The other little girls would keep a wide berth around her | 其他女孩都与她保持安全距离 |
[02:19] | so if she lost her balance, | 这样如果她失去平衡 |
[02:21] | they wouldn’t be crushed beneath her enormous girl body. | 她巨大的女孩身体不会压住她们 |
[02:24] | Point is, watching her dance | 重点是 看她跳舞 |
[02:27] | is one of the happiest memories of my life. | 是我人生中最快乐的回忆之一 |
[02:29] | Don’t you want to have that with your son? | 你不想和你儿子拥有这种回忆吗 |
[02:31] | Why do you always have to tell such wonderful and touching crap? | 你为什么总能讲出这么美好感人的废话 |
[02:34] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:35] | If this is really your dream, I’ll buy you the sword. | 如果这真是你的梦想 我就给你买剑 |
[02:38] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[02:39] | I’m gonna be like Luke Skywalker. | 我要成为卢克·天行者啦 |
[02:40] | Scratch that. I’m gonna be like… | 不对 我要成为… |
[02:44] | Name an athlete who’s really good at sports. | 说一个体育方面很拿手的运动员名字 |
[02:46] | – Michael Jordan. – Michael Jordan! | -迈克尔·乔丹 -迈克尔·乔丹 |
[02:52] | Just poked my eye. | 戳中眼睛了 |
[02:54] | Oh. It’s okay. | 没事 |
[02:55] | I got glasses. They protected me. | 我戴了眼镜 有保护作用 |
[03:11] | It was April 22, 1980-something. | 那是一九八几年的4月22日 |
[03:13] | A typical day for my mom — | 对我妈来说平常的一天 |
[03:15] | Power walking and being a yenta. | 竞走外加做八卦女 |
[03:17] | You won’t believe what I heard about Gabe and Melinda Finkleman. | 我听说了芬克曼夫妇的事 你不会相信的 |
[03:20] | Trial separation. | 试分居 |
[03:22] | What?! Is he moving out? | 什么 他要搬出去吗 |
[03:24] | No, he’s moving into the room above their garage | 不 他搬到了车库上面的房间 |
[03:27] | like Fonzie, only this time it’s not cool. | 像方奇一样 只是不酷[《欢乐时光》角色] |
[03:32] | A yenta is a nickname for the world’s most intrusive, | 八卦女是世界上最烦人最大嘴巴的 |
[03:35] | loose-lipped gossip monger. | 小道消息传播者的绰号 |
[03:36] | They’re the busiest of busybodies | 她们是最忙的爱管闲事的人 |
[03:38] | who have a talent for making your business their business. | 有着将你的事变成她们自己事的天赋 |
[03:40] | Don’t look. | 别看 |
[03:42] | Ginny. | 吉妮 |
[03:43] | It’s Linda Holman. | 那是琳达·霍曼 |
[03:45] | Her son Brian is going to Cornell, | 她儿子布莱恩要上康奈尔大学了 |
[03:47] | but the twin, Craig, is spending the year traveling abroad | 但双胞胎克雷格出国旅行一年 |
[03:50] | so he can “find himself.” | 以便”寻找自我” |
[03:52] | Translation — he’s got a problem with reefer. | 其实就是 他染上大麻烟瘾了 |
[03:56] | Oh. So sad. | 太可惜了 |
[03:56] | A good yenta can dish anytime, anywhere. | 优秀的八卦女可以随时随地八卦 |
[03:58] | Yeah, it’s amazing how Marsha’s surgery for sleep apnea | 玛莎的睡眠呼吸暂停手术让她头重脚轻 |
[04:02] | left her so top-heavy. | 太令人惊讶了 |
[04:03] | – You know what I mean? – Please! | -懂我意思吗 -求你了 |
[04:05] | I need to talk to someone from the outside world. | 我需要和外面世界的人说说话 |
[04:08] | But most importantly, a yenta is an expert matchmaker. | 但最重要的 八卦女是做媒高手 |
[04:12] | Miss Cinoman! Miss Cinoman, allow me. | 辛诺曼老师 辛诺曼老师 让我来 |
[04:14] | Why, thank you, coach Mellor. | 谢谢你 梅勒教练 |
[04:16] | Please. Call me coach Rick. | 客气啥 叫我瑞克教练就行了 |
[04:18] | Well, look at those two. | 看这两个 |
[04:20] | They seem to be getting along nicely. | 似乎很合得来嘛 |
[04:23] | – Don’t even think about it. – Think about what now? | -想都别想 -想什么 |
[04:25] | You cannot set up Mellor and miss Cinoman, understand? | 你不能给梅勒和辛诺曼老师做媒 |
[04:27] | That’s a guaranteed disaster for us. | 对我们来说绝对是场灾难 |
[04:29] | Disaster! | 灾难 |
[04:30] | How can bringing together two like-minded, single adults | 将两个志同道合的单身成年人 |
[04:34] | over chablis and assorted cheeses | 用酒和芝士聚在一起 |
[04:36] | possibly turn into a disaster for you? | 怎么会变成你们的灾难呢 |
[04:38] | Coach is my coach, and whenever he feels feelings, | 教练是我的教练 他情绪泛滥时 |
[04:42] | he makes us run laps until we feel them, too. | 会让我们跑圈 直到我们也感同身受为止 |
[04:45] | And miss Cinoman is my music teacher. | 辛诺曼女士是我的音乐老师 |
[04:47] | Spring fling is next week, and I have a solo. | 下周就是春季嘉年华了 我有独唱表演 |
[04:49] | Don’t be you and ruin this. | 别做媒婆 别搞砸我的演出 |
[04:51] | Go! | 走 |
[04:52] | Put your foot on the gas and push. | 把脚放在油门上踩下去 |
[04:55] | Well, this is very hurtful. | 太伤我心了 |
[04:59] | As much as my mom wanted to do right by Erica and Barry, | 尽管我妈也想顺着爱丽卡和巴瑞 |
[05:02] | there was no way she could curb her meddling | 但天生一对就在眼前 |
[05:04] | when the perfect match was just around the corner. | 她是绝对不会罢手的 |
[05:06] | Coach Mellor! Hey, it’s Beverly Goldberg! | 梅勒教练 你好 我是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[05:10] | Meanwhile, all I had to do was throw one match, | 与此同时 我只要坚持一场比赛 |
[05:12] | and this fencing sword would become my awesome movie prop. | 这把剑就可以成为我炫酷的电影道具了 |
[05:15] | Go get ’em, pal. No worries. | 加油吧 小家伙 不要紧张 |
[05:18] | Just do your best out there. | 尽力表现就好 |
[05:19] | Listen, I’m kind of running a grift on my old man, | 听我说 我在骗我爸 |
[05:21] | so what do you say we give him a good show | 不如咱们给他一场精彩的表演 |
[05:23] | and I’ll be on my merry way? | 我就闪人了 |
[05:25] | Is your dad like a bad dude or something? | 你爸是坏人吗 |
[05:26] | Is there always this much talking before these things? | 开始前总是这么多话吗 |
[05:28] | Let’s just do this, bro. | 快点开始吧 伙计 |
[05:32] | Okay, so maybe it was wrong to screw over my dad, | 也许骗我爸是不对的 |
[05:35] | but I wanted to be Inigo Montoya, | 但我想做埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[05:36] | and this was the least painful way. | 这是伤害[痛]最少的方式 |
[05:41] | Oh! Oh, no! Oh, no! | 不要 不要 |
[05:43] | Oh, god! Why?! | 老天 为什么 |
[05:44] | Or so I thought. | 结果我想错了 |
[05:45] | Cut it off of me! Cut the glove off of me! | 切掉 把手套切掉 |
[05:48] | Intermission. I call intermission. | 暂停 我叫暂停 |
[05:50] | While my dad’s hope for a connection with me | 我爸与我增进感情的愿望 |
[05:52] | took a big hit, | 遭受重创时 |
[05:53] | my mom was hoping for a love connection. | 我妈妈希望确立一场恋爱关系 |
[05:56] | Beverly, thank you so much for your generous donation | 贝弗莉 非常感谢你为假日音乐会 |
[05:59] | of unique sweaters for the holiday concert. | 捐赠的这些独一无二的毛衣 |
[06:01] | Oh, it’s my pleasure. | 是我的荣幸 |
[06:04] | Oh, well, I wonder who that could be | 这么晚这么浪漫的钟点 |
[06:06] | at this late and sexy hour, huh? | 会是谁呢 |
[06:09] | How you doing, Mrs. G? | 你好吗 金太太 |
[06:10] | I’m here for that large donation of sports balls. | 我是来拿球类捐赠的 |
[06:12] | Of course. Come on in. | 当然了 请进 |
[06:14] | Uh, did you, uh, jog here? | 你是慢跑来的吗 |
[06:17] | You seem overheated. | 似乎很热啊 |
[06:18] | If you ain’t running, you ain’t living. | 不跑步就不算活着 |
[06:21] | Susan. | 苏珊 |
[06:21] | Coach Rick. | 瑞克教练 |
[06:22] | Do you two know each other? | 你们认识吗 |
[06:24] | Are you kidding me? | 开什么玩笑 |
[06:26] | Work at William Penn Academy and not know Susan Cinoman | 在威廉·佩恩高中工作却不认识苏珊·辛诺曼 |
[06:28] | is like looking at a spice rack | 就像看着调味品架 |
[06:30] | and not knowing actual cinnamon. | 不认识真正的肉桂[辛诺曼]一样 |
[06:32] | Rick is well-regarded at school | 瑞克在学校里出了名的 |
[06:34] | for both his mind and his body. | 头脑好身体好 |
[06:37] | I can’t believe I just said that. | 真不敢相信我居然这样说 |
[06:40] | Ah, please. | 拜托 |
[06:42] | That’s why I eat six pounds of fish every single day. | 所以我一天吃6磅鱼 |
[06:45] | Feeds both. | 头脑身体两不误 |
[06:46] | Well, speaking of eating, uh, would you like to just sit back | 说到吃 你们要不要 |
[06:49] | and enjoy this open bottle of wine and beautiful cheese plate? | 享受下这瓶葡萄酒和这盘芝士 |
[06:52] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:53] | Rick, perhaps you’d like to ask Susan something | 瑞克 也许你想问问苏珊 |
[06:56] | about herself, like, um… | 她的事 比如说 |
[06:58] | Oh, did you know she used to live in Florida? | 你知道她以前住在佛罗里达吗 |
[07:00] | I do have many questions for Susan. | 我的确有很多问题问苏珊 |
[07:02] | – Are you from Florida? – Tampa. | -你是佛州人吗 -坦帕市 |
[07:06] | I have a sports background, too. | 我也有运动背景 |
[07:08] | I grew up racing greyhound dogs. | 我成长过程中赛过猎犬 |
[07:09] | You must be incredibly fast. | 你一定跑得相当快吧 |
[07:11] | I can tell by the size of your calves | 从你小腿的粗细可以看出 |
[07:13] | you got a lot of explosion. | 你的爆发力很强 |
[07:14] | Oh, no. | 不是的 |
[07:15] | I raced them against other dogs. | 我是让猎犬和其它狗比赛 |
[07:18] | Oh. Okay. | 好的 |
[07:19] | But no one’s ever said that about my calves before. | 但从没有人这样说过我的小腿 |
[07:22] | Yeah, well, I’m saying it right now. | 我现在说了 |
[07:23] | There it was. | 成了 |
[07:24] | Another perfect match made by a world-class yenta, | 世界级八卦女又促成了一双天生一对 |
[07:27] | much to the dismay of the yenta’s children. | 八卦女的孩子却非常失望 |
[07:30] | I’m sorry, dad. | 对不起 爸 |
[07:31] | I just had to bow out gracefully. | 我只能优雅地退出 |
[07:34] | I wouldn’t call that bowing out gracefully. | 你那样退出算不上优雅吧 |
[07:36] | You made the referee carry you to the car. | 你让裁判背你上车 |
[07:39] | She was a strong lady. | 她很强壮 |
[07:40] | She was a strong lady. | 的确很强壮 |
[07:42] | But the good news is, is I learned a lot today — | 好消息是 我今天学到了很多 |
[07:45] | Mostly, swords hurt when they jab your body, | 主要是 剑刺到身上时会痛 |
[07:48] | which is why I’ve decided to retire from the game. | 所以我决定就此退出这项运动 |
[07:50] | In time, I know we’ll both be glad I gave this a shot. | 我知道早晚有一天 我们都会庆幸我尝试过了 |
[07:56] | I have to admit | 我得承认 |
[07:57] | that your story about Bevy dancing gave me hope. | 你讲的贝弗跳舞的故事给了我希望 |
[08:00] | For a second, I thought that me and Adam | 有那么一会儿 我以为我和亚当 |
[08:03] | actually found something that we both enjoyed. | 找到了我们都喜欢的东西 |
[08:05] | You know, this reminds me of a story. | 这让我想起一个故事 |
[08:08] | Oh, dear god. | 我的天 |
[08:09] | I’ll work through it on my own. | 我自己想通吧 |
[08:11] | Yep. | 没错 |
[08:11] | I brilliantly played my dad to get a sword. | 我非常聪明地耍了我爸 得到了剑 |
[08:14] | Even little bald Vizzini | 就连小个子秃头维齐尼 |
[08:15] | would’ve called my plan inconceivable! | 也会说我的计划不可思议 |
[08:18] | Dude! These swords are badass. | 哥们 这剑太酷了 |
[08:20] | – How’d you get them? – Simple. | -你怎么弄到的 -简单 |
[08:21] | I used my dad’s love of sports | 我利用我爸对体育的爱 |
[08:23] | and the awkwardness of our relationship to get what I wanted. | 以及我和他不亲密的关系来达到目的 |
[08:25] | Wow. Behind the mask and glasses lies a devious mind. | 在面具与眼镜之后有一个阴险的头脑 |
[08:29] | All right, Adam and boy whose name I can’t remember. | 亚当 还有我不记得名字的男孩 |
[08:33] | Give me the swords. | 把剑给我 |
[08:33] | Wait, what? Why? | 什么 为什么呀 |
[08:35] | You quit, so I’m returning them. | 你退出了 我要退回去 |
[08:36] | But they’re used. | 但用过了 |
[08:37] | I spoke to the manager at Herman’s sports. | 我跟赫尔曼体育用品店的经理说过 |
[08:39] | He’s a total hard-ass. He won’t take them back. | 他很凶 他不同意退 |
[08:42] | It’s store policy, ironclad. | 这是店里的规则 不容改变 |
[08:44] | No, I got some divorced dad at school | 不 学校里有个离婚老爸 |
[08:45] | who wants to buy them to earn back his son’s love, | 要买这个来赢回儿子的爱 |
[08:47] | so hand them over. | 给我 |
[08:48] | But I need them. | 但我需要剑 |
[08:49] | I mean… I have some big news. | 我是说 我有重大消息 |
[08:52] | You see, I found an even better use | 这么贵的体育用品 |
[08:54] | for expensive sporting equipment. | 我发现了更有用处的地方 |
[08:57] | Imagination. | 想象 |
[08:59] | Oh, I see what’s going on here. | 我知道怎么回事了 |
[09:01] | You played me. | 你耍了我 |
[09:02] | – What?! – You played me. | -什么 -你耍了我 |
[09:04] | Don’t insult me like that. | 别这样羞辱我 |
[09:06] | You used my love of sports | 你利用我对体育的爱 |
[09:08] | and the awkwardness of our relationship | 以及我和你不亲密的关系 |
[09:10] | to get what you wanted. | 来达到目的 |
[09:11] | Well, I wouldn’t use those words exactly. | 是我就不会这样说 |
[09:13] | You literally did a minute ago. | 你一分钟前就是这样说的 |
[09:15] | Shut up, Dave Kim! | 闭嘴 金戴夫 |
[09:16] | My name is Dave Kim, by the way. | 顺便说下 我叫金戴夫 |
[09:18] | While I had let my dad down, | 我让我爸失望时 |
[09:19] | my mom was celebrating the perfect setup. | 我妈正庆祝完美的相亲 |
[09:21] | I did it, Ginny. | 我成功了 吉妮 |
[09:23] | They stayed past 11:00 and she drove him home, | 他们11点后才走 她开车送他回家 |
[09:26] | partly because he jogged to our house, | 部分是因为他是慢跑来的 |
[09:28] | but partly because they wanted private time. | 但部分是因为他们要单独相处 |
[09:30] | Wow. How do you do it, Bev? | 你怎么做到的 贝弗 |
[09:33] | Well, I just know that opposites attract. | 我只知道异性相吸 |
[09:35] | I mean, she’s creative and artistic, | 她有创意有艺术细胞 |
[09:37] | and he likes to wear short shorts in the winter. | 他喜欢在冬天穿超短裤 |
[09:39] | Wow. Well, you are just a matchmaking wizard. | 你真是做媒巫师 |
[09:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:43] | – But you can’t tell anyone. – I would never. | -但你不能告诉任何人 -我不会的 |
[09:45] | This is so juicy. | 这消息太猛了 |
[09:47] | I know. But you cannot tell a soul. | 我知道 但你不能告诉任何人 |
[09:48] | I would never. | 我不会的 |
[09:51] | The only problem was that my mom was just a single part | 唯一问题就是 我妈只是八卦妈妈 |
[09:54] | of an intricate web of gossiping moms. | 错综网中的一员 |
[09:56] | Long before the internet, there was the world wide yenta-net. | 在互联网之前 有一个世界范围的八卦网 |
[10:00] | It was faster than Erica and Barry could’ve ever imagined. | 传播速度远远快于爱丽卡与巴瑞的想象 |
[10:04] | Yo! | 你们好 |
[10:05] | Dude! Did you hear? | 哥们 你们听说了吗 |
[10:06] | Miss Cinoman and Mellor are doing the wild thing. | 辛诺曼老师和梅勒搞上了 |
[10:08] | I heard they hooked up in the pool and now they have to drain it. | 我听说他们在泳池里搞了 现在必须放水 |
[10:11] | Oh, god, no. Where’d you hear that? | 老天 不 你们在哪里听到的 |
[10:13] | Everyone’s talking about it. | 大家都在说 |
[10:14] | Apparently they got busy in the band room | 显然他们还在乐队练习室里搞了 |
[10:16] | and now they got to throw away all the oboes. | 现在他们得丢掉所有双簧管 |
[10:20] | Oh, this is bad. | 这下可糟了 |
[10:21] | Your dopey friends have the biggest mouths in school. | 你的蠢朋友是学校里的大嘴巴 |
[10:23] | No, no, no, they’re cool. | 不会 他们很酷的 |
[10:25] | I promise you it’s not as bad as we think. | 我跟你保证 没我们想的那么坏 |
[10:27] | Everybody stop your gossiping! | 所有人别再八卦了 |
[10:28] | Nobody wants to hear about Susan Cinoman | 没人想听苏珊·辛诺曼 |
[10:30] | mashing parts with that neanderthal. | 和那个原始人瞎搞 |
[10:32] | Get to class. | 快去上课 |
[10:33] | Yeah, it’s bad. | 是的 很糟 |
[10:40] | It’s come to my attention | 我注意到 |
[10:42] | that there’s been some… Inappropriate behavior | 在我们的教职员中 |
[10:45] | with members of our faculty. | 有些不适当行为 |
[10:47] | I am offended to my very core | 我觉得太无礼了 |
[10:49] | that my integrity would be questioned. | 居然质疑我的正直 |
[10:52] | – We kissed! – Coach Rick. | -我们接吻了 -瑞克教练 |
[10:53] | It absolutely happened. | 绝对发生了 |
[10:55] | Big time. | 亲了很久 |
[10:59] | I actually have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[11:01] | Why am I here? | 我为什么在这里 |
[11:02] | You are here because you caused this kerfuffle. | 你在这里是因为你引发了这起混乱 |
[11:06] | Now, I don’t want to mention any names, | 我不想说出名字 |
[11:07] | but there is another faculty member that has complained, | 但有另一位教职员提出投诉 |
[11:10] | and our school’s bylaws state teachers can’t fraternize. | 我们学校的章程规定了教师不得交往 |
[11:14] | Love don’t care about bylaws. | 爱情才不管什么章程 |
[11:17] | That is beautiful, coach. | 太感人了 教练 |
[11:18] | What…he just said doesn’t mean anything. | 他刚说的没有任何意义 |
[11:21] | Ok, one of the two of you | 你们两人之中 |
[11:23] | is going to have to take a leave of absence. | 必须有一人休假 |
[11:24] | If someone must go, then let it be me. | 如果一定要有人走 就让我走吧 |
[11:26] | I will be the one who goes gently into that good night. | 我会是那个潇洒地走向夜色的人 |
[11:29] | Hooray, it’s settled. So, Cinoman’s out, Mellor’s in. | 万岁 问题解决 辛诺曼走人 梅勒留下 |
[11:32] | Silver lining. | 祸兮福之所倚 |
[11:34] | Now we can go make out in the supply closet | 现在我们可以去储藏室亲热 |
[11:36] | without fear of punishment. | 而不必担心受罚 |
[11:38] | No. Still not okay. | 不 还是不行 |
[11:41] | Being an all-knowing yenta, my mom knew exactly | 作为无所不知的八卦女 我妈知道 |
[11:44] | who complained about her matchmaking. | 是谁投诉了她的做媒成果 |
[11:46] | It was this man. | 就是这个人 |
[11:48] | The lonely and bitter Mr. Woodburn. | 孤单痛苦的伍德伯恩老师 |
[11:50] | The only solution — find a match for him, too. | 唯一的办法 给他也找个伴 |
[11:53] | 59 cents worth of noodles down the drain. | 5毛9的面条就这么没了 |
[11:55] | If anybody could get it done, it was Beverly Goldberg. | 如果有人能做到 一定是贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[11:58] | Can’t be done. | 不可能的 |
[11:59] | While my mother was determined to open Mr. Woodburn’s heart, | 我妈决定打开伍德伯恩老师的心扉时 |
[12:01] | I was determined to open my dad’s eyes | 我决定让我爸接受 |
[12:04] | to “the princess bride.” | 《公主新娘》 |
[12:05] | Look, I know I manipulated you | 我知道我摆了你一道 |
[12:07] | into spending hundreds of your hard-earned dollars | 花了几百块你的血汗钱 |
[12:09] | on swords to re-create an epic movie scene, | 用来买剑再现经典电影场景 |
[12:11] | and for that, I’d like to say my mistake. | 因为这点 我想说我错了 |
[12:15] | Oh! Well, as long as it’s your mistake, all is forgiven. | 只要是你的错 都可以原谅 |
[12:18] | I can sense your sarcasm, | 我可以听出讽刺 |
[12:20] | but I think once you see that movie, | 但我觉得只要你看了这部电影 |
[12:22] | you’ll be so freaking delighted | 你会开心死 |
[12:24] | that you’ll have no choice but to forgive me. | 你会别无选择的原谅我 |
[12:26] | I’m not watching that damn movie. | 我不会看这部该死的电影 |
[12:27] | Do you like romance, pirates, | 你喜欢浪漫 海盗 |
[12:30] | wizards, Mandy Patinkin? | 巫师和曼迪·帕汀金吗 |
[12:32] | That’s a hard no to all those things. | 很难对全部内容说不 |
[12:35] | But what I do like is my money well spent, | 但我喜欢的 是钱用在刀刃上 |
[12:38] | and that’s why I’m gonna force you to fence. | 所以我会强迫你击剑 |
[12:41] | But I’ll get poked again, and it stings a little! | 但我又会被戳的 有点刺痛 |
[12:44] | Pops, you’re the voice of reason. | 老爷子 你是讲道理的人 |
[12:45] | Help me out here. | 帮我一下 |
[12:46] | Not after the way you manipulated your father, kiddo. | 你这样糊弄你爸之后可不行 孩子 |
[12:49] | That was a real putz move. | 这招太蠢了 |
[12:51] | Look, I can’t fence. | 我不会击剑 |
[12:53] | I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing. | 我完全不知道我在做什么 |
[12:55] | Lucky for you, | 你很幸运 |
[12:56] | I got a way you can learn everything about everything. | 我有办法让你学到一切的一切 |
[13:01] | The encyclopedia? That’s your brilliant answer? | 百科全书 这就是你的天才答案吗 |
[13:04] | Yes. “f” for fencing. | 对 击剑归在F类 |
[13:05] | Now learn, damn it. | 快给我学 |
[13:06] | Yep, back before google and wikipedia, | 是的 在谷歌和维基出现之前 |
[13:09] | the only way to look stuff up | 查到东西的唯一办法 |
[13:10] | was a set of really boring books that covered a lot, | 是一套很烦人的书 涵盖面很广 |
[13:13] | but said a little. | 但只讲了皮毛 |
[13:13] | There, fencing. You’re welcome. | 击剑在这里 不用谢 |
[13:16] | There’s just a small paragraph. | 只有一小段 |
[13:17] | I’ll learn nothing from this. | 我什么也学不到 |
[13:19] | “Z” for Zorro. He was a great fence man. | 佐罗归在Z类 他是优秀的剑手 |
[13:22] | Oh, please, Zorro sucks. | 得了 佐罗差劲死了 |
[13:24] | Don’t you dare knock Zorro! He is a man of honor. | 不准批评佐罗 他是高尚的人 |
[13:26] | Then why is he wearing that stupid mask? | 那他为什么要戴那愚蠢的面具 |
[13:28] | – What’s he hiding? – All I’m saying is | -他在隐藏什么 -我要说的是 |
[13:30] | Zorro had enough skill to sign a “z” wherever he went. | 佐罗的剑术高超到随时可以划出Z的标志 |
[13:34] | A “z”! | 一个Z |
[13:35] | Even I can sign a “z.” | 就连我也可以划个Z出来 |
[13:37] | Oh, I’d like to see that. | 我想看看 |
[13:38] | Gladly. | 没问题 |
[13:44] | What’d you do that for?! | 你为什么这样 |
[13:45] | Don’t just stand there! | 别傻站着 |
[13:47] | We’re in “f.” Find “first aid.” | 这里有F类 快找”急救” |
[13:50] | Oh, you moron! | 你个白痴 |
[13:51] | While my dad was feeling the pain of my blade, | 我爸感受剑带来的痛苦时 |
[13:53] | miss Cinoman was gone, | 辛诺曼老师离开了 |
[13:54] | and to coach, that was as stab in the heart. | 对教练来说 那是在心上捅了一刀 |
[13:56] | Hustle up, Goldberg! Pick up the pace! | 快点 金伯格 跟上 |
[14:00] | Coach, are you crying? | 教练 你在哭吗 |
[14:02] | You only get one cry in life, son, and this ain’t it. | 一生只哭一次 孩子 不是这次 |
[14:05] | Now run till your heart explodes, | 跑到你的心爆炸为止 |
[14:06] | ‘Cause…mine just did. | 因为 我的心炸了 |
[14:08] | As coach Mellor was barely holding it together, | 梅勒教练几乎没办法振作 |
[14:10] | the school choir had completely fallen apart | 没有辛诺曼老师 学校合唱团 |
[14:13] | without miss Cinoman. | 彻底崩溃了 |
[14:14] | Now…I know you’re all wondering what qualifications | 我知道你们都纳闷 你们的校长有什么资历 |
[14:18] | does your principal have to teach you music? | 来教你们音乐 |
[14:20] | Well, rest assured, I was a baritone | 放心 我高中时曾经是 |
[14:23] | in my high-school barbershop quartet, the dapper dougs. | 男声四重唱”整洁道格们”的男中音 |
[14:26] | Isn’t your name earl? | 你不是叫厄尔吗 |
[14:28] | Yes, but we had a doug and he was very assertive. | 是 但有个人叫道格 他很专横 |
[14:30] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:31] | Now, match my pitch. | 跟上我的音高 |
[14:38] | * I don’t hear any singing * | 我没听到有人唱歌 |
[14:40] | * Let’s go-o-o-o * | 开始唱 |
[14:42] | No, you’re down here. | 不 你音太低 |
[14:43] | * I’m up here * | 我音高在这里 |
[14:44] | * You’re down here * | 你音太低 |
[14:45] | * You’re a girl I’m a bo-o-y * | 你是女生 我是男生 |
[14:47] | * You’re a principal * | 你是校长 |
[14:48] | * What makes you qualified to teach music? * | 你拥有什么资历来教音乐 |
[14:50] | – No offense – No offense taken | -无意冒犯 -我不介意 |
[14:53] | * But I would be very careful about that attitude * | 是我就会注意一下态度 |
[14:55] | * It leads you down to a very dangerous path * | 这态度会让你踏上危险的道路 |
[15:03] | Your yenta-ing has ruined our lives. | 你的八卦毁了我们的生活 |
[15:05] | Coach Mellor cancelled our next wrestling match. | 梅勒教练取消了下一场摔跤比赛 |
[15:08] | He said without love, what’s the point of sports? | 他说没有爱情 运动有什么意义 |
[15:11] | I lost my solo. | 我的独唱也泡汤了 |
[15:13] | Even worse, I’m the bass in a barbershop quartet. | 更糟的是 我成了男声四重唱的男低音 |
[15:15] | Principal Ball chose me over Matt Ramer, | 鲍尔校长不选马特·拉默选了我 |
[15:17] | and he’s a dude, a big dude. | 他是个大块头男生 |
[15:19] | Okay. | 好啦 |
[15:20] | I admit I may have over-yenta’d, and for that, I’m sorry. | 我承认也许我八卦过了一点 对不起 |
[15:23] | But lucky for you, | 但你们很幸运 |
[15:25] | your mama’s already in the kitchen cooking up a plan. | 你们妈妈已经在厨房想[烹饪]出了计划 |
[15:28] | She had a plan, all right. | 她是有计划 |
[15:30] | Okay, what have we got, people? | 有什么想法 各位 |
[15:32] | And that plan was to find love for my jealous science teacher. | 计划给我那嫉妒的科学老师找爱情 |
[15:35] | Leads for Woodburn. Talk to me. | 给伍德伯恩的 说来听听 |
[15:37] | We’re thinking Edna Bishop. | 我们想到了埃德娜·毕夏普 |
[15:39] | Engaged. Next. | 订婚了 下一个 |
[15:40] | Betty Garellick. | 贝蒂·加里利克 |
[15:41] | Engaged. Next. | 订婚了 下一个 |
[15:43] | Ruth Applebaum! | 鲁丝·爱普波姆 |
[15:44] | Moved to jersey. Come on. | 搬到泽西去了 不是吧 |
[15:46] | I think I might know someone. | 我想我有个人选 |
[15:49] | – Who? – Her name is Gail Kaufman. | -谁 -她叫盖尔·柯夫曼 |
[15:51] | She works with me at Gimbels. | 是我在金宝百货的同事 |
[15:52] | She’s super clumsy and dresses in primary brown | 超级笨手笨脚 主要穿棕色 |
[15:55] | and always talks about her pet lizard. | 总是在说她的宠物蜥蜴 |
[15:59] | But more than anything, I just get the feeling | 但最重要的是 我就是有种感觉 |
[16:01] | they would really like each other, you know? | 他们会喜欢彼此的 知道吗 |
[16:03] | I do know. | 我知道 |
[16:05] | Oh, and she doesn’t have a ring. | 她没有戴订婚戒指 |
[16:07] | How do I even know that? | 我是怎么知道的 |
[16:08] | Because all yentas know. | 因为所有八卦女都知道 |
[16:11] | Oh, my god. You’re one of them! | 我的天 你是她们的一员 |
[16:13] | Oh, don’t you dare say that. | 不准这样说 |
[16:15] | But it’s true. | 是真的 |
[16:17] | Oh, schmoopie, I’m so proud of you! | 宝贝 我真为你骄傲 |
[16:19] | Don’t be proud. ’cause I’m not a yenta. | 别骄傲 我不是八卦女 |
[16:22] | Don’t be ashamed. It’s a gift. | 别不好意思 这是天赋 |
[16:27] | How’s your throat skin? | 你脖子上的皮肤怎么样了 |
[16:28] | You, uh, stabbed it with a sword, so it feels like that. | 你用剑刺中了 就是这个感觉 |
[16:32] | Here, you can sell this. | 给 卖了吧 |
[16:34] | I’m sorry I lied and stuff. | 对不起我说谎了 |
[16:36] | It’s fine. This whole thing was a mess. | 没事 事情本来就一团糟 |
[16:40] | I guess I was just excited about the overlap. | 我想共同爱好让我太激动了 |
[16:44] | The what? | 什么 |
[16:44] | The overlap. | 共同爱好 |
[16:45] | You know, you like dumb movies, I like awesome sports, | 你喜欢傻电影 我喜欢超酷的体育 |
[16:48] | and this fencing thing was finally something | 终于这个击剑 |
[16:50] | we could both enjoy… | 是我们都喜欢的 |
[16:53] | At least I thought it was. | 至少我是这样想的 |
[16:54] | He was right. | 他是对的 |
[16:55] | This was no longer about some silly sword. | 这事重点不再是什么傻傻的剑 |
[16:57] | It was about sharing something with my dad, | 而是与我爸一起分享 |
[16:59] | and I had to fix it. | 我必须补救 |
[17:01] | – Dad? – Yeah. | -爸 -什么事 |
[17:03] | Maybe I could give it one more try. | 也许我可以再试试 |
[17:04] | Honestly, you don’t have to. | 说实话 没这个必要 |
[17:06] | I do. | 有 |
[17:07] | And you know what? I might even surprise you. | 知道吗 也许我会给你惊喜 |
[17:09] | And so, I set out to become like every brave warrior | 于是 我计划像所有剑手一样 |
[17:12] | who ever wielded a sword. | 变成勇敢的战士 |
[17:14] | The time had come to be a real hero, | 是时候做真正的英雄 |
[17:16] | not just play one from a movie. | 而不是模仿电影里的 |
[17:20] | Sadly, fighting for real was way harder | 可惜地是 现实中的战斗比我在 |
[17:23] | than the stage combat class I took at theater camp. | 戏剧夏令营的舞台战斗课中学的难多了 |
[17:25] | You won, gosh dang it! | 你赢了 见鬼 |
[17:29] | It was 4-0, and if I was gonna win this match, | 4比0 如果我要赢得这次比赛 |
[17:31] | I’d need more than an encyclopedia. | 需要的不仅是百科全书 |
[17:33] | I needed a miracle. | 而是奇迹 |
[17:36] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[17:37] | Pops, just the man I wanted to see. | 老爷子 我就想找你 |
[17:39] | Tell me what to do. | 告诉我该怎么做 |
[17:41] | Hey, look, you got a nickel in your face mask. | 看 你的面具上有硬币 |
[17:44] | Not the nickel trick now! | 现在不是玩的时候 |
[17:46] | I got stabbed in the face. | 我的脸被刺了 |
[17:48] | I need advice — real life-saving advice. | 我需要建议 真正的救命的建议 |
[17:51] | Adam, let’s just go home. | 亚当 我们回家吧 |
[17:53] | You’ll do your “princess bride” thing. | 你去表演你的《公主新娘》 |
[17:54] | Of course. That was my answer — | 没错 这就是答案 |
[17:57] | The very movie that brought me here in the first place. | 一开始让我来到这里的那部电影 |
[17:59] | Just like Inigo Montoya, | 就像埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[18:00] | I’d rise up and fight in the name of my father! | 我为了父亲 奋起战斗 |
[18:03] | “The princess bride.” | 《公主新娘》 |
[18:06] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[18:08] | Back for more? | 还想来吗 |
[18:09] | Hello. My name is inigo montoya. | 你好 我叫埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[18:12] | You killed my father. Prepare to die. | 你杀了我的父亲 准备去死吧 |
[18:15] | What now? | 什么 |
[18:19] | Hello. My name is inigo montoya. | 你好 我叫埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[18:22] | You killed my father. Prepare to die. | 你杀了我的父亲 准备去死吧 |
[18:24] | Dude, what is your deal? | 哥们 你搞什么 |
[18:27] | Hello. My name is inigo montoya. | 你好 我叫埃尼戈·蒙托亚 |
[18:30] | You killed my father. Prepare to die. | 你杀了我的父亲 准备去死吧 |
[18:32] | Your father is right there. | 你爸就在那边 |
[18:33] | He sold us our sectional. | 我家的组合家具就是找他买的 |
[18:38] | Attaboy, kiddo! | 好样的 孩子 |
[18:41] | My son’s gonna be in the olympics! | 我儿子会参加奥运会 |
[18:43] | In the olympics! | 奥运会 |
[18:44] | I wasn’t, | 我没有 |
[18:45] | but I was still a champion to my dad. | 但我爸依然觉得我是冠军 |
[18:47] | * Each morning I get up I die a little * | 每天醒来 我的心便死去几分 |
[18:50] | * Can barely stand on my feet * | 几乎无法站立 |
[18:52] | * Take a look at yourself * | 看看你自己 |
[18:53] | And even though Erica refused to admit she was a yenta… | 虽然爱丽卡拒绝承认她是八卦女 |
[18:55] | she got her solo back thanks to the matchmaking skills | 但她拿回了独唱 多亏了她从妈妈这里继承的 |
[18:58] | she learned from my mom. | 做媒技巧 |
[19:00] | Erica, thank you for telling me about the big sale… | 爱丽卡 多谢你告诉我棕色裤子和衬衫 |
[19:02] | on brown pants and shirts. | 打折的事 |
[19:04] | Of course. | 不客气 |
[19:05] | Could I get my co-worker to help you? I’m kind of slammed today. | 我叫同事来帮你好吗 我今天有些忙 |
[19:09] | Gail, would you mind helping my friend here find some slacks? | 盖尔 帮我朋友找一下长裤好吗 |
[19:14] | Hi. | 你好 |
[19:15] | I bet you’d be interested to know | 我相信你很有兴趣知道 |
[19:16] | Gail here has a giant lizard. | 盖尔养了只大蜥蜴 |
[19:18] | Emerald tree or spiny-tailed? | 绿宝石树还是刺尾的 |
[19:19] | I’ll tell you all about it while you try on some corduroys. | 你试灯芯绒裤子的时候我详细告诉你 |
[19:22] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好的 -好的 |
[19:24] | This way. | 这边 |
[19:27] | – Schmoopie. – Oh, no. | -宝贝 -别 |
[19:29] | No proud hugs. | 不要骄傲的拥抱 |
[19:30] | I’m not a yenta. | 我不是八卦女 |
[19:31] | Not even a little yenta? | 一点点也没有吗 |
[19:33] | Do you want to hide in a dressing room | 你要躲在更衣室 |
[19:34] | so we can hear what they’re talking about? | 听听他们说什么吗 |
[19:35] | We’ll stop by housewares | 我们去器皿区 |
[19:36] | and get a glass to press against the wall. | 拿个杯子靠墙听 |
[19:38] | Move, move, move. | 快快快 |
[19:38] | Once Mr. Woodburn had conveniently | 在伍德伯恩老师”碰巧” |
[19:40] | met his perfect match, | 见到他的天生一对后 |
[19:42] | he didn’t care so much about miss Cinoman and coach Rick. | 他不再在乎辛诺曼老师和瑞克教练的事 |
[19:45] | And that’s the power of the yenta. | 这就是八卦的力量 |
[19:47] | Despite the gossip and meddling… | 尽管有着小道消息和瞎干预 |
[19:49] | …all they really want is to find each single person | 她们真正要的是为每一位单身人士 |
[19:52] | somebody to love. | 找到真爱 |
[19:54] | Coach, are you crying? | 教练 你在哭吗 |
[19:56] | You only get one cry in life, son, and this is it. | 一生只哭一次 孩子 就是这次 |
[20:00] | Can we stop running now? | 我们可以不跑了吗 |
[20:02] | * Till the tears run down from my eyes, lord * | 直到眼泪从我的眼中流下 上帝啊 |
[20:06] | Even though I grew up in a small town… | 尽管我在小镇长大 |
[20:08] | we still had our fair share of adventure and romance. | 我们依然有着自己的冒险与浪漫 |
[20:10] | And while my dad wasn’t much for either… | 虽然我爸对两者都不怎么感冒 |
[20:13] | We still managed to find our overlap. | 我们依然找到了共同爱好 |
[20:16] | ’cause that’s the thing about family. | 家人就是这样 |
[20:18] | Sometimes they demand a lot, but you love them so much… | 有时候他们会要求很多 但你太爱他们了 |
[20:21] | …you can’t help but give in and say, “as you wish.” | 忍不住让步说 “如你所愿” |
[20:25] | Dad, what are you… | 爸 你这是… |
[20:27] | I, uh, watched the movie, and it’s not bad. | 我看了那部电影 不算糟糕 |
[20:35] | Okay, let’s, uh, get this over with. | 好了 快点弄完 |
[20:37] | Okay. So, come over here. | 好的 过来 |
[20:40] | Stand right there and try and look enormous. | 站在这里 尽量看起来像巨人一样 |
[20:44] | There we go. | 开始 |
[20:48] | Helen Schur says her son is working on wall street. | 海伦·舒尔说她儿子在华尔街工作 |
[20:51] | I just saw him bagging groceries at walmart. | 我刚看到他在沃尔玛打包食品 |
[20:54] | I need the phone! | 我需要电话 |
[20:56] | You’ve literally been on it for seven hours! | 你已经讲了七个小时了 |
[20:59] | I’m telling you, Dottie Anderson’s leg | 我告诉你 多蒂·安德森的腿 |
[21:01] | 100% wood. | 百分百是木的 |
[21:03] | 4 carats my ass, Linda Schwartz. | 琳达·施瓦兹 4克拉个屁 |
[21:06] | We all know she’s sporting a cubic Z. | 我们都知道她那是锆石的 |
[21:08] | They don’t own that house. | 那房子不是他们的 |
[21:10] | They’re renters. | 是租的 |
[21:12] | You said that. You said that. | 你说过了 你说过了 |