时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, before you could film | 八十年代 在能用手机 |
[00:01] | a major motion picture with your phone, | 拍电影之前 |
[00:03] | the only way to capture memories | 留住回忆的唯一方法 |
[00:05] | was with this monstrosity — the video camera. | 就是用这可怕的东西 摄像机 |
[00:08] | It was literally backbreaking work, | 真的很费力 |
[00:10] | but the result was always priceless. | 但结果通常是无价的 |
[00:12] | What’s up, b-ball fans? | 咋样 篮球粉 |
[00:14] | Big tasty coming to you live from the drive. | 大甜甜在车道上为你现场直播 |
[00:16] | Rumor has it you like dunks. | 有消息说你们喜欢灌篮 |
[00:18] | Well, I call this one “slam, jam, thank you, ma’am.” | 我管这个叫 上篮灌篮 谢谢女士 |
[00:24] | “Honey, I dunked the kid.” | 亲爱的 我把孩子扣篮了 |
[00:28] | “Good morning, viet-slam.” | 早安 越篮 |
[00:34] | Call me Jean-Claude Van Jam. | 叫我尚格·云灌篮吧 |
[00:41] | This is the worst thing I’ve ever seen, | 这是我见过的最差劲的东西 |
[00:43] | and I see my dad in his underpants every day. | 虽然我每天都看到老爸穿着内裤的模样 |
[00:45] | But we’re only halfway through watching my jampilation — | 但我的灌篮大集锦才看到一半 |
[00:47] | The extrava-jam-za. | 超值大放送 |
[00:49] | Yeah, this has been amazing, you know, | 真是太棒了 |
[00:50] | a saturday really well spent, | 非常愉快的周六 |
[00:52] | but I am gonna go do anything else. | 但我要做别的事了 |
[00:56] | It’s my little love muffin’s birthday! | 今天是我小宝贝的生日 |
[01:01] | Dude, did you tape over your 5th birthday party? | 你洗掉了你5岁生日的录像带吗 |
[01:03] | That could have been anyone’s parents. | 这可能是别人的爸妈 |
[01:04] | No, I remember that party — your mom gave me a haircut | 不 我记得那场派对 你妈帮我剪了头发 |
[01:06] | ‘Cause she said my mom did a bad job. | 因为她说我妈剪得不好 |
[01:08] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不要不要 |
[01:11] | Yes! This is wonderful! | 太好了 太棒了 |
[01:13] | For me. | 对我来说 |
[01:14] | For you, it’s like as bad as it gets. | 对你来说 要多糟糕有多糟糕 |
[01:15] | It’s fine! | 没事 |
[01:16] | Mom has millions of tapes of us. | 妈妈有我们数不清的录像带 |
[01:18] | It’s not like she has every one of them memorized. | 她不可能记住每一盒 |
[01:20] | Hi, love nuggets. | 你好 小宝宝 |
[01:21] | Oh, your 5th birthday! | 你的5岁生日 |
[01:24] | Oh, I remember every single moment. | 我记得每一分每一秒 |
[01:26] | – We should go. – No, no. Stay. | -我们走了 -不 留下 |
[01:28] | Let’s all watch the best time in my life | 我们看看我这辈子最幸福的时光 |
[01:30] | when you were my little schmoo | 当时你还是我的小宝贝儿 |
[01:32] | and you used to give mama endless huggies. | 给妈妈数不清的拥抱 |
[01:34] | You heard mama. Play the tape. | 你听到妈妈说了 放录像带 |
[01:37] | Why watch an old video | 为什么要看过去的录像带呢 |
[01:39] | when you can get a real huggie right now? | 你现在就可以获得真正的拥抱 |
[01:42] | For real? | 真的吗 |
[01:43] | Get in here, you. | 过来吧 你 |
[01:45] | Ohh, ain’t this the best? | 这是不是好棒 |
[01:47] | Totally. | 绝对的 |
[01:48] | I can really feel your whole body against mine. | 我可以感觉到你的身体贴在我身上 |
[01:51] | Oh, my baby’s so big and squishy. | 我的宝贝好大个好软 |
[02:09] | It was october 7, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的10月7日 |
[02:11] | and my dad was engaged in his favorite hobby — | 我爸正从事他最大的爱好 |
[02:14] | Watching the weather channel. | 观看天气频道 |
[02:16] | Back then, there were only five channels to watch. | 那时候 只有五个频道可以看 |
[02:18] | With the invention of this exciting network, | 随着这一激动人心的电视节目的发明 |
[02:20] | dads across America were hooked. | 爸着迷于穿越美国 |
[02:22] | Call cousin Arnie. | 给阿尼表哥打电话 |
[02:23] | They have a blizzard warning in Denver! | 丹佛有暴风雪警告 |
[02:25] | They have no idea what they’re up against! | 他们不知道会面对什么危险 |
[02:28] | Unless it banks south. | 除非向南移 |
[02:29] | Then they’ll just have nice, mild flurries. | 那他们就会有一场美丽温和的小雪 |
[02:33] | My knee is acting up. | 我的膝盖好痛 |
[02:35] | Bet it’s gonna rain. | 打赌要下雨了 |
[02:38] | This guy thinks it’s gonna rain today with 5% humidity. | 今天的湿度才5% 怎么可能下雨 |
[02:41] | I liked you better when you hated everything. | 你讨厌一切的时候 我更喜欢你 |
[02:43] | Yep, the weather was my dad’s hobby. | 对 天气就是我爸的爱好 |
[02:45] | And of course, it couldn’t be any more different than mine. | 当然 和我的爱好的差别不可能更大了 |
[02:47] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 是这样的 |
[02:49] | You’re looking at a sentient robot named Johnny 5 | 你看到的是名为强尼五号的智慧机器人 |
[02:51] | From the hit movie “Short Circuit” | 来自热门电影《机器人五号》 |
[02:53] | And the less critically acclaimed “Short Circuit 2.” | 以及好评略微逊色的《机器人五号2》 |
[02:55] | Why is the “robit” lounging on a raft? | 为什么这个机奇人躺在橡皮艇上 |
[02:57] | That thing weighs a ton. It makes no sense. | 这东西有一吨重 根本没道理 |
[02:59] | The point is, the hobby shop is selling a limited-edition kit | 重点是 专卖店在出售限量版的工具套装 |
[03:02] | to build a mini replica Johnny 5 and I need money. | 可以组装迷你版的强尼五号 我需要钱 |
[03:05] | You do realize I’m gonna say no, right? | 你知道我会拒绝的 对吗 |
[03:07] | I do know that, yes. | 我知道 |
[03:09] | And that’s why I’m gonna call this | 所以我会管这个叫 |
[03:11] | a learning-based project and ask you to build it with me. | 旨在学习的项目 你要和我一起组装机器人 |
[03:14] | Do not do that. Do not call it a learning-based project. | 别这样 不要叫旨在学习的项目 |
[03:17] | Then give me the money. | 那就给我钱 |
[03:18] | I won’t involve mom, and we can each go our separate ways. | 我不会让妈知道 我们各走各的 |
[03:21] | Done. How much? | 好 多少钱 |
[03:22] | $96. | 96块 |
[03:23] | I’m gonna ask you to go away now. | 我现在要叫你走人了 |
[03:25] | Mom, I have a learning-based project | 妈 我有一个旨在学习的项目 |
[03:27] | dad won’t get involved in! | 爸不想参与 |
[03:29] | What is this about a learning-based project? | 这个旨在学习的项目是什么 |
[03:31] | I like the sound of that. | 我觉得听起来不错 |
[03:32] | I want to build a robot with dad, | 我想和爸爸一起组装机器人 |
[03:34] | but he doesn’t want to do it with me. | 但他不想 |
[03:36] | Murray! It’s a learning-based project! | 默里 这是旨在学习的项目 |
[03:39] | Mama, why won’t he let me learn stuff? | 妈妈 他为什么不让我学习 |
[03:41] | It’s a learning-based project! | 这是旨在学习的项目 |
[03:43] | The thing costs 100 bucks. | 这东西要花一百块 |
[03:45] | Tell you what — instead of going to the store | 这样吧 不去商店 |
[03:48] | and buying a bunch of robot parts, | 买一些机器人零件 |
[03:49] | dad will help you build one from junk around the house. | 爸会用家里的废品帮你一起做一个 |
[03:52] | Oh, no, what have I done? | 不 我做了什么 |
[03:53] | – I was literally just sitting here. – No. Zip it. | -我只是坐在这里 -别说了 |
[03:55] | Zip it. Zip it. I’ve made up my mind. | 别说了 我主意已定 |
[03:57] | You two are building a robot, and that’s final! | 你们要做一个机器人 就这么定了 |
[04:00] | Yay! Learning-based project! | 好棒 旨在学习的项目 |
[04:04] | Yeah, I’m a putz. | 对 我是笨蛋 |
[04:05] | While I was stuck with the grumpiest man on the planet, | 我和世界上最暴躁的人困在一起时 |
[04:07] | Barry went to the smartest man he knew. | 巴瑞去找他认识的人中最聪明的 |
[04:09] | Coach Meller! Coach! | 梅勒教练 教练 |
[04:11] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[04:14] | Third graders, out! | 三年级生出去 |
[04:15] | You’re of no use to me until | 在你们长出成人身体 |
[04:16] | you develop adult bodies | 除了”抓人”外还能玩别的之前 |
[04:17] | that can play something besides tag. | 对我来说你们没用 |
[04:20] | What are we looking at here, Goldberg? | 什么事 金伯格 |
[04:21] | I taped over my 5th birthday party! | 我洗掉了我5岁生日派对的录像带 |
[04:23] | My mom will never forgive me if I can’t get her tape back. | 如果不能恢复 我妈永远不会原谅我的 |
[04:26] | You’re the a.V. Club adviser. Help me. | 你是视听俱乐部的顾问 救我 |
[04:28] | Well, it’s more of a ceremonial title. | 这是礼仪式的称谓 |
[04:31] | I just get to keep the key to the a.V. Closet on my belt, | 我只是把视听室的钥匙挂在腰带上 |
[04:33] | but mostly I just hand the key off | 主要就是把钥匙交给 |
[04:35] | to that weird kid with the muppet voice. | 那个有着木偶声音的奇怪孩子 |
[04:37] | – My brother? – That’s him — muppet boy. | -我弟弟吗 -就是他 木偶男孩 |
[04:40] | So is it possible? | 恢复有可能吗 |
[04:41] | Can we un-film what I taped over? | 可以去掉我录的内容吗 |
[04:43] | Absolutely. | 当然可能 |
[04:44] | All we got to do is pop that tape into the vcr, | 我们只需要把录像带放进录像机里 |
[04:46] | hit record and rewind at the same time, | 同时按下录制和倒带键 |
[04:48] | and it will un-record the top layer of video. | 这样带子的最上面一层就被洗掉了 |
[04:51] | Duh! | 这还用说 |
[04:52] | The answer was in front of me the whole time. | 答案一直在我面前 |
[04:54] | Except that wasn’t the answer. | 只是这不是答案 |
[04:56] | To the nerd hole. | 去呆子洞 |
[04:57] | While you could easily tape over something, | 你可以轻易地录制新内容 |
[04:59] | you could never un-erase it. | 却永远无法恢复原来的内容 |
[05:05] | No! Why didn’t it work? | 不 为什么不行 |
[05:07] | ‘Cause nobody really knows how vhs technology works. | 因为没人真正知道录像机的科技原理 |
[05:09] | It’s a mystery science can’t solve. | 这是无法解决的神秘科学 |
[05:11] | Looks like your only choice is to come clean. | 看来你唯一的选择就是说实话了 |
[05:13] | Or I double-down and keep lying. | 或是加注 继续说谎 |
[05:16] | I lied on a job application once | 有次找工作时我说谎了 |
[05:18] | and said I was proficient in the audio-visual arts. | 说我精通视听教学 |
[05:21] | Now here we are. | 于是我们站在这里 |
[05:23] | So the lesson is — | 所以教训就是 |
[05:24] | Don’t lie. | 别说谎 |
[05:25] | Unless it gets you an extra 60 bucks a week | 除非一周让你多赚60块 |
[05:27] | and a butt-load of extension cords. | 还有用不完的延长线 |
[05:29] | I feel good about today. | 我今天心情不错 |
[05:31] | In my brother’s mind, there was only one logical choice — | 在我哥心中 只有一个合理的选择 |
[05:34] | Frame my mom. | 陷害妈妈 |
[05:35] | First, he took his ruined birthday tape | 首先 他用高温去掉毁掉的 |
[05:38] | and steamed off the label. | 生日录像带的标签 |
[05:39] | Next, he stuck it onto my mom’s Phil Donahue tape | 接下来 贴在我妈录制的菲尔·唐纳修的节目上 |
[05:42] | so the next time she’d watch Barry’s birthday, | 这样她下次看巴瑞的生日录像带时 |
[05:44] | she’d find this. | 她会看到这个 |
[05:48] | I just don’t understand how I could be so careless! | 我真不明白 我怎么能这么不小心 |
[05:52] | Don’t beat yourself up too bad. | 别太怪自己了 |
[05:53] | I mean, yeah, it’s an unforgivable mistake. | 是的 这是无法原谅的错误 |
[05:55] | But one day, I’ll recover. | 但总有一天 我会好起来的 |
[05:57] | But I won’t! | 但我不会 |
[05:58] | Those were the first moving images of my precious love monkeys. | 这是我宝贝第一次录像 |
[06:02] | Lost! Forever! | 没了 永远没了 |
[06:04] | Dude, I’m all for lying to our parents, | 伙计 我完全赞同对父母说谎 |
[06:07] | but this is very not okay. | 但这也太过分了 |
[06:08] | The good news is she’ll totally forget about it in a few days. | 好消息就是 她过几天就忘记了 |
[06:11] | I will never forget about this! | 我永远不会忘记这事 |
[06:12] | – Or a few weeks. – Ever. | -几周 -永远不会 |
[06:14] | Mom’s a mess. | 妈妈伤心透了 |
[06:15] | I’ve failed as a mother… | 我这个当妈的太失败了 |
[06:16] | I can’t take it, Barry. | 我无法忍受 巴瑞 |
[06:17] | – …As a woman… – Either you tell her… | -做女人失败了 -要么你告诉她 |
[06:19] | – …And as a human person – Or I will. | -做人失败了 -要么我说 |
[06:21] | This is all your fault, Phil Donahue, | 这全是你的错 菲尔·唐纳修 |
[06:23] | you gorgeous white-haired bastard. | 你这个白头发的帅气混蛋 |
[06:29] | Okay, brainstorming session. | 集体讨论会 |
[06:31] | Murray, now that you’ve been forced to build a robo-man, | 默里 现在你被迫要组装一个机器人 |
[06:34] | you get to delight in Adam’s favorite hobby. | 你可以感受到亚当最大爱好的快乐 |
[06:37] | I was about to delight in the weather channel. | 我本来会在看天气频道时感受快乐的 |
[06:39] | They got a new ticker at the bottom of the screen. | 屏幕下面有个新的标签条 |
[06:41] | It’s always moving. | 一直在动 |
[06:42] | – Are we done here? – No! | -可以完了吗 -不 |
[06:43] | Come on. Tell me what this metal-sucker should look like. | 拜托 告诉我这个金属混蛋应该是什么样子 |
[06:46] | Get the ball rolling, Mur-man. | 开始吧 老默 |
[06:48] | I don’t know. Um… | 我不知道 |
[06:50] | It could have a… Button. | 可以有一个按钮 |
[06:52] | Good! A button. | 很好 按钮 |
[06:54] | Way to go there, big guy. Adam, your turn. | 做得好 大个子 到你了 亚当 |
[06:57] | It definitely should have a “back to the future”-style | 肯定要有像《回到未来》那样的 |
[06:59] | flux capacitor for time travel. | 可以穿越时空的通量电容器 |
[07:01] | Don’t write that down. | 不要写下来 |
[07:02] | No time travel. That’s not a thing. | 没有穿越时空 根本没这回事 |
[07:03] | There are no bad ideas in brainstorming. | 集体讨论时 任何主意都是好的 |
[07:06] | What else you got? | 还有什么 |
[07:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:08] | Maybe like a pointy hand that could poke stuff. | 尖尖的手 可以戳东西 |
[07:10] | An ion-based magma cannon. | 离子岩浆大炮 |
[07:12] | – A hat. – A combat-ready cloaking device. | -帽子 -战斗隐身装置 |
[07:14] | Metal feet. | 金属脚 |
[07:15] | We should also give it emotions and a sense of humor. | 应该给予它情感和幽默感 |
[07:17] | No! Don’t write that down! | 不 别写下来 |
[07:19] | Ever heard of “Short Circuit”? | 没听说过《机器人五号》吗 |
[07:21] | Once we get it struck by lightning, | 一旦它被闪电击中 |
[07:22] | it’ll be alive just like Johnny 5. | 它会像强尼五号一样活过来 |
[07:24] | That was a movie. | 那是电影 |
[07:25] | For the sake of argument, let’s entertain the notion | 出于讨论的目的 我们容纳各种想法 |
[07:29] | that this robot can have anything we want it to have. | 这个机器人会拥有一切我们想要的特征 |
[07:32] | That’s what I’m trying to do, bro, | 我不正是这样做的吗 伙计 |
[07:34] | but unless this robot can give fog advisories, | 但除非这个机器人能预报有雾天气 |
[07:37] | my father ain’t getting onboard. | 否则我爸根本没兴趣 |
[07:39] | A weather “robit.” | 天气机奇人 |
[07:40] | Now, that actually makes sense. | 这下说得通了 |
[07:42] | I want this thing to have a snow plow. | 我要这东西有打雪机 |
[07:44] | And inter-dimensional portals. | 以及次元入口 |
[07:45] | Now we’re cooking with gas. | 这样才对嘛 |
[07:48] | While my dad and I were finally coming together, | 我爸和我终于开始合作时 |
[07:50] | my mom was still falling apart. | 我妈依然在伤心中 |
[07:53] | Dude, look at her. | 看她 |
[07:55] | She’s even lost her will to jazzercise. | 她连跳爵士健美操的兴趣都没了 |
[07:57] | You were supposed to tell her by now. | 你应该已经告诉她了才对 |
[07:59] | I know, but I have great news. | 我知道 但我有好消息 |
[08:01] | I came up with something so much better than the truth. | 我想到比真话好得多的主意 |
[08:05] | I searched through all our old tapes | 我翻遍了旧录像带 |
[08:07] | and cut together Beverly Goldberg’s | 剪辑出了贝弗莉·金伯格 |
[08:09] | most awesome moments as a mom. | 作为妈妈最棒的时刻 |
[08:11] | I call it a “momtage.” | 我管这个叫”妈太奇” |
[08:13] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:14] | See, I took the word “mom” | 我把”妈”这个字 |
[08:15] | and mushed it into the word “montage,” | 和”蒙太奇”结合起来 |
[08:17] | Which is spanish for the word “honesty.” | 蒙太奇是西班牙语诚实的意思 |
[08:19] | I know what “montage” means. | 我知道蒙太奇是什么意思 |
[08:20] | Just tell me how it’ll make her feel better. | 告诉我这怎么会让她心情好起来 |
[08:22] | Simple. | 简单 |
[08:23] | There’s nothing that woman loves more than taking care of us. | 她最爱的就是照顾我们 |
[08:26] | When she watches her greatest hits, | 当她看到她的精选辑后 |
[08:27] | she’ll give me a hug and forget all about the other tape. | 她会拥抱我 忘了其他录像带 |
[08:33] | Momtage! | 妈太奇 |
[08:37] | Starring our mama. | 主演 我们的妈妈 |
[08:41] | Chores! | 家务活 |
[08:44] | Living the dream! | 梦想成真 |
[08:47] | Cooking foods! | 做饭 |
[08:51] | Too hot, but thank you! | 太烫了 不过谢谢 |
[08:54] | Unclogging stuff! | 疏通马桶 |
[08:58] | It was dad, not me! | 是爸爸 不是我 |
[09:01] | Giant hair! | 蓬蓬头发 |
[09:04] | Fashion icon! | 时尚偶像 |
[09:08] | Yelling about safety! | 为安全大叫 |
[09:12] | We heart Beverly! | 我们爱贝弗莉 |
[09:20] | Well? Good stuff, right? | 怎么样 好东西吧 |
[09:22] | Yeah, I’m going to tell her myself, | 我会去告诉她 |
[09:23] | because this will literally send her into madness. | 因为这会让她发疯的 |
[09:26] | Why can’t you trust me that for once I make things better? | 你为什么不相信我能让情况好转一次呢 |
[09:29] | You did it schmoo-Barry! | 你做到了 巴瑞宝贝 |
[09:31] | You went on the big potty! | 你会用马桶了 |
[09:33] | We’ll remember this forever. | 我们会永远记得今天 |
[09:36] | – No! – That’s why! | -不 -这就是为什么 |
[09:37] | Because you taped over another priceless memory! | 因为你又洗掉了另一段宝贵的回忆 |
[09:40] | Chill! | 冷静 |
[09:41] | I can fix this with another momtage. | 我可以用另一段”妈太奇”来弥补 |
[09:45] | It had been two days since my dad came aboard | 我爸和我共享我最大的爱好 |
[09:47] | my greatest hobby, and the results were epic! | 已经两天了 结果是惊人的 |
[09:50] | Big news! | 重大消息 |
[09:51] | I got a tin of rugelach. | 我有一罐牛角饼干 |
[09:53] | You two look like you could use a break. | 你们看起来要休息下 |
[09:55] | No breaks. We’re on a roll. | 不消息 我们状态正好 |
[09:56] | Check it out. | 你看 |
[09:57] | Here’s our robot in killer cyborg form. | 这是我们的机器人在杀人半机械人的状态下 |
[10:00] | Here he is shooting his laser-guided fist. | 这是他发出了激光制导的拳头 |
[10:02] | And here he is using a doppler radar to predict black ice. | 这是他用多普勒雷达预测黑冰 |
[10:06] | Can you imagine?! | 你能想象吗 |
[10:08] | -Now let’s get to work. – On what? | -我们做事吧 -做什么 |
[10:10] | Duh. Our robot. | 当然是机器人了 |
[10:12] | Sure, it won’t be easy, but you said you’d tinker. | 当然不会容易 但你说了你会出力的 |
[10:15] | We can’t build this thing. It’s got a time-travel thingy. | 这怎么可能造出来 有时光旅行的玩意 |
[10:18] | This technology doesn’t even exist! | 这种科技根本不存在 |
[10:20] | Not with that attitude. | 这种态度当然不行了 |
[10:22] | Okay, it’s on me. | 好吧 怪我 |
[10:23] | I should have known better than to encourage | 我就知道不应该鼓励 |
[10:25] | all this “robit” nonsense. | 这种机奇人胡闹 |
[10:26] | Oh, like your hobby’s so great? The weather. Feh. | 你的爱好很伟大吗 天气 呸 |
[10:28] | Don’t “feh” the weather. It can make or break us. | 别呸天气 成也天气败也天气 |
[10:32] | Just ask those poor bastards down tornado alley. | 你去问问位于龙卷道上可怜的人们 |
[10:34] | Please. | 得了吧 |
[10:35] | My robot can defeat any tornado you throw at me. | 我的机器人可以战胜你扔向我的任何龙卷风 |
[10:38] | Easy, fellas. Have some rugelach. | 冷静 伙计们 吃点牛角饼干 |
[10:40] | Really? A category-nine twister versus this tin can? Please! | 是吗 九级龙卷风对抗这个锡罐 得了吧 |
[10:44] | It’s got nuts and jam! Just take a taste. | 有坚果和果酱 尝一下吧 |
[10:46] | You fool. | 你这个笨蛋 |
[10:48] | My robot is made out of indestructible adamantium | 我的机器人是无坚不摧的精金做的 |
[10:51] | and has a drill that can dig into the core of the earth | 他的钻头可以钻到地球核心 |
[10:54] | and change your precious weather patterns. | 改变你宝贵的天气模式 |
[10:56] | I should have never agreed to the drill! | 我就不应该同意有这个钻头 |
[10:58] | I was on the fence about it, | 我本来是中立态度 |
[11:00] | and now you’re using it against me! | 现在你却用这个来攻击我 |
[11:02] | My own son! | 我的亲生儿子 |
[11:03] | Just take a taste. | 尝一下吧 |
[11:04] | Al. Enough of your deli cookie, please. | 老艾 把你的饼干拿开 拜托了 |
[11:06] | Just take a taste! | 尝一下嘛 |
[11:07] | Look, you’re not a little kid anymore. | 你不再是小孩子了 |
[11:09] | You got to stop with these toys | 你不能再玩这些玩具 |
[11:11] | and the fantasies and the “robits.” | 不再幻想机奇人什么的 |
[11:13] | It’s robot. | 是机器人 |
[11:13] | Why won’t you say it the right way? | 你为什么不说正确的名字呢 |
[11:16] | Say “robot”! | 说 机器人 |
[11:17] | I am! “robit”! | 我说了 机奇人 |
[11:18] | Ro-bot. | 机 器人 |
[11:19] | – “Robit”! – Robot! | -机奇人 -机器人 |
[11:20] | – “Robit”! – Robot! | -机奇人 -机器人 |
[11:23] | It doesn’t matter what you call it. | 叫什么不重要 |
[11:25] | You need to find a hobby for a kid your age, | 你得找到适合你这年纪的爱好 |
[11:27] | a hobby that’s real. | 真正的爱好 |
[11:28] | None of this crap is real! | 这些垃圾全都不是真的 |
[11:30] | You think I don’t know what’s not real? | 你觉得我不知道什么不是真的吗 |
[11:32] | Well, you sure as hell act like it is! | 你的表现就是这样的 |
[11:33] | It’s called fun — to pretend, to imagine, | 这个叫做乐趣 去假装 去想象 |
[11:36] | to think of things that may be possible one day. | 想以后某天也许会成真的事 |
[11:38] | It’s what I do. | 这是我的特长 |
[11:39] | Hell, I-I’ll go build this robot right now | 我现在就去造这个机器人 |
[11:41] | just to show you anything’s possible. | 让你看到万事皆有可能 |
[11:43] | You’re gonna go invent a time-traveling “robit” | 你要在你房间里创造一个穿越时光的机奇人 |
[11:47] | In your room just to spite me? | 就为了故意气我吗 |
[11:48] | Yes, and he will walk and talk | 对 他可以走路说话 |
[11:51] | and be the father that you could only hope to be. | 成为让你望尘莫及的父亲 |
[11:53] | At this point, I’m very open to a metal man coming down here | 这时候 我非常希望有个金属人来这里 |
[11:56] | and taking some of this off my plate! | 替我减轻下负担 |
[11:58] | Good! ’cause it’s done! | 很好 就这么定了 |
[11:59] | No, no, no. Again, I’m really into it. | 不 再说一遍 我真心希望 |
[12:05] | Rugelach is a friendship snack. | 牛角饼干是友爱的零食 |
[12:07] | As I convinced myself to build a robot, | 我说服自己造机器人 |
[12:09] | Erica convinced Barry to come clean to my mom. | 爱丽卡说服巴瑞给妈妈说实话 |
[12:12] | Hi, ma. You can unload those groceries by yourself later. | 妈 你可以等下再自己拿这些日用品 |
[12:15] | Right now, we need to talk. | 现在 我们需要谈谈 |
[12:17] | What’s wrong, squishy? | 出什么事了 乖宝宝 |
[12:18] | First, I’ll kick things off with a gravity-defying dunk | 首先 我会来个反重力的灌篮 |
[12:21] | dedicated to my very understanding | 献给我非常明事理 |
[12:23] | and forgiving mother. | 宽宏大量的母亲 |
[12:25] | I named it “I love you, mama.” | 我命名为 “我爱你 妈妈” |
[12:26] | You’re very sweet to cheer me up, honey. | 你想让我高兴起来真是太贴心了 |
[12:28] | And remember that. | 记住这点 |
[12:29] | ‘Cause after my dunk, I’m gonna tell you all about | 因为我灌篮后 会告诉你 |
[12:32] | how I taped over my birthday, then framed you, | 我洗掉了生日录像带 然后栽赃给你 |
[12:35] | and then taped over even more precious stuff. | 然后又洗掉了更多的珍贵内容 |
[12:37] | Watch me jam it home! | 看着我扣篮吧 |
[12:44] | That’s right, JTP! | 是的 JTP |
[12:46] | Get my mom riled up with your infectious energy! | 用你们有感染力的活力让我妈高兴起来 |
[12:49] | He soars like an angel! | 他飞得像天使一样 |
[12:51] | You did it? | 你做的吗 |
[12:52] | And then made me turn against Phil Donahue? | 然后让我怪菲尔·唐纳修 |
[12:55] | So you lost a few irreplaceable memories, | 你失去了一些不可替代的回忆 |
[12:57] | but think about what you gained! | 但想想你得到的 |
[12:59] | An explosive jampilation of my sweetest rim encounters! | 我的空中大灌篮的爆炸性大集锦 |
[13:03] | You think I’d rather have a video | 你觉得我会想要你 |
[13:04] | of you jam-dunking on some low rim? Seriously? | 扣矮篮筐的录像吗 真的吗 |
[13:08] | Low? That’s NBA regulation. | 矮 这可是NBA标准的 |
[13:11] | It’s not. | 不是的 |
[13:11] | I just told you that to make you feel good about yourself. | 我这样说是为了让你有自信 |
[13:14] | – It’s low, bro. – Yeah, thing’s tiny. | -很矮的 兄弟 -对 很小 |
[13:15] | That’s not regulation at all. | 完全不是正常标准的 |
[13:16] | Oh, my god! | 我的天 |
[13:18] | I entered the dunk contest at the Villanova game next week! | 我下周要参加维拉诺瓦大学的灌篮比赛 |
[13:21] | How could you lie to me?! | 你为什么要骗我 |
[13:22] | Because that’s what a good mama does. | 因为好妈妈就会这样做 |
[13:24] | Shes builds you up | 增加你的自信 |
[13:25] | and makes you feel like you can do anything. | 让你觉得你无所不能 |
[13:27] | I’ve spent the past decade planning to be | 过去十年我一直在计划成为 |
[13:30] | a basketball legend and rap star! | 篮球传奇和饶舌巨星 |
[13:32] | Now I’m just gonna be some lowly rap mogul? | 现在我只能做什么矮小的饶舌大亨吗 |
[13:34] | That can’t be the life you want for me! | 你不希望我的生活是这个样子吧 |
[13:36] | What I want is my old tapes back, | 我希望我的录像带能回来 |
[13:39] | but that’s not happening, either, is it? | 但这也不可能了 对吗 |
[13:42] | My life’s a sham. | 我的生活是个骗局 |
[13:45] | Goodbye, dreams. | 再见了 梦想 |
[13:46] | As my brother’s dreams were dying, | 我哥的梦想逝去时 |
[13:48] | I was realizing it really was impossible | 我意识到让机器人有生命 |
[13:50] | to give life to a robot. | 是不可能的 |
[13:52] | Hey! What are the rules? | 喂 规矩是什么 |
[13:54] | Don’t come in your room, don’t touch your crap, | 别进你的房间 别碰你的东西 |
[13:56] | and don’t come in your room to touch your crap. | 别进你的房间碰你的东西 |
[13:58] | And right now, you’re breaking all of them. Get out. | 现在你全破坏了 出去 |
[14:00] | I’m sorry, okay? | 对不起 |
[14:01] | But I really need the electrical guts inside this boom box. | 但我真的需要录音机里的部分 |
[14:04] | For what? | 做什么 |
[14:04] | To build a spite robot that can replace dad — | 造一个可以替代爸爸的气死他的机器人 |
[14:07] | A nice one that keeps his pants on. | 会穿着裤子的好爸爸 |
[14:08] | Take a seat. | 坐下 |
[14:12] | All right, how do I say this? | 我怎么说呢 |
[14:15] | It’s time to give up your stupid thing. | 是时候放弃你那些蠢东西了 |
[14:17] | What? No, no, no, no. Never. | 什么 才不呢 |
[14:19] | Trust me. I’m talking from experience here. | 相信我 我是过来人 |
[14:23] | When I was your age, this was my hobby. | 我像你这么大时 这是我的爱好 |
[14:26] | Strawberry shortcake. Heard of it? | 草莓娃娃 听说过吗 |
[14:28] | Yeah, they’re those chubby dolls that smell like pie. | 听说过 一股馅饼味的胖娃娃 |
[14:30] | Put her in your hand and tell me what you smell. | 放在手里 告诉我你闻到了什么 |
[14:35] | Nothing. | 没味道 |
[14:36] | Exactly. | 正是 |
[14:37] | I smelled her so long and so hard | 我闻得太久太用力 |
[14:39] | that all the berry is gone, and you know why? | 所有草莓味都没有了 知道原因吗 |
[14:42] | Because I was playing with these until I was in the 9th grade. | 因为我到九年级还在玩这个 |
[14:45] | Oh, god. | 我的天 |
[14:46] | No one liked this girl, Adam. No one. | 没人喜欢这个女孩 亚当 |
[14:49] | Everyone else moved on to real hobbies | 大家都有了真正的爱好 |
[14:51] | like sports and boys and wine coolers, | 运动 男生 果酒饮料 |
[14:54] | and I was still sniffing the straw. | 我还在闻着这个娃娃 |
[14:56] | But robots are way cooler than those dolls. | 但机器人比这个娃娃酷多了 |
[14:59] | Are they, Adam? Are they? | 真的吗 亚当 真的吗 |
[15:02] | It’s time, dude. Move on. | 是时候了 小弟 向前看吧 |
[15:07] | The last thing I wanted | 我最不想的 |
[15:08] | was to be that sad, little geek in the photo. | 就是成为照片中那个可怜的小呆子 |
[15:11] | At that moment, I realized my dad was right. | 那一刻 我意识到我爸是对的 |
[15:13] | It was time to give up robots forever. | 是时候永远放弃机器人了 |
[15:21] | While Barry’s heart was broken | 巴瑞的心碎了 |
[15:22] | ‘Cause he’d never play in the NBA, | 因为他永远不可能在NBA打球 |
[15:24] | my mom felt even worse | 我妈感觉更糟 |
[15:25] | ‘Cause she was the one who broke it. | 因为是她粉碎了巴瑞的梦想 |
[15:28] | Goodbye, round mound of rebound. | 再见了 篮板圆丘 |
[15:30] | It would have been nice to be your teammate | 做你的队友会非常棒 |
[15:32] | until I became a franchise player | 直到我成为招牌球员 |
[15:33] | and you got traded to Utah in disgrace. | 你失宠被转去犹他爵士队 |
[15:38] | In that moment, my mom knew that some taped memory | 那一刻 我妈知道过去录制的回忆 |
[15:41] | from the past wasn’t as important | 比不上 |
[15:42] | as making Barry feel good about his future. | 令巴瑞对未来充满信心重要 |
[15:45] | And so Beverly Goldberg did what she does best — | 于是贝弗莉·金伯格做了她最拿手的事 |
[15:47] | Build up her children in an unrealistic way. | 以不切实际的方法让自己的孩子有自信 |
[15:50] | Barry, wait. | 巴瑞 等等 |
[15:51] | Mom, I’m going to school | 妈 我要去上学 |
[15:52] | ‘Cause I actually have to learn stuff now | 因为我现在要学习知识了 |
[15:54] | ‘Cause I’m not getting drafted by the sixers next month. | 下个月我不会被76人队选上了 |
[15:56] | Love bug, just sit down. | 宝贝儿 坐下 |
[15:57] | There’s something I want you to see. | 我要给你看样东西 |
[16:02] | See, I took the word “schmoo” | 我把”小可爱” |
[16:04] | and combined it with “compilation.” | 与”选辑”结合了起来 |
[16:07] | Mom, don’t bother. | 妈 别费心了 |
[16:08] | It’s not gonna make anything better. | 这不会有什么帮助 |
[16:10] | Starring Barry Goldberg. | 主演 巴瑞·金伯格 |
[16:16] | Fists… | 拳头 |
[16:19] | Kara-te power! | 空手道力量 |
[16:25] | Jumping stuff! | 跳跃能力 |
[16:30] | Popping and locking! | 机械舞和锁舞 |
[16:32] | I hate this game! | 我讨厌这个游戏 |
[16:34] | Passion! | 热情 |
[16:38] | Long showers! | 洗澡时间长 |
[16:46] | Treasure! | 宝藏 |
[16:48] | Adam! Get out! Stop video-t– | 亚当 出去 别拍了 |
[16:50] | Hero! | 英雄 |
[16:55] | But you forgot to mention my frisbee skills | 你忘了说我的飞盘技巧 |
[16:57] | and how easily I can make friends with horses. | 还有我和马儿做朋友有多容易 |
[16:59] | See? | 你瞧 |
[17:00] | You’re so much more than basketball, honey. | 你会的远远不止是篮球 亲爱的 |
[17:02] | You are amazingly talented at so many amazing things. | 在许多了不起的事上 你都有了不起的天赋 |
[17:07] | I am good at basically everything. | 我的确样样精通 |
[17:09] | I just… Couldn’t live with myself | 如果我夺走了你的梦想 |
[17:11] | if I knew I took away your dreams. | 我过不了自己这关 |
[17:14] | So…Does this mean you forgive me for ruining your tapes? | 这代表你原谅我毁了你的录像带吗 |
[17:17] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[17:20] | Look, I know it’s crazy how much I love them, | 我知道我这么喜欢录像带有多疯狂 |
[17:23] | but they just remind me of a time | 但它们让我想起 |
[17:25] | when you still needed me. | 你还需要我的那个时候 |
[17:27] | Mom. | 妈 |
[17:28] | Look at all the stuff you do for me. | 看你为我做的一切 |
[17:30] | Everything I am is because of you. | 有你才有我的现在 |
[17:32] | I’ll always need you. | 我永远需要你 |
[17:42] | Goodbye, r2 and 3po. | 再见 R2 3PO |
[17:44] | I guess you are not the droids I was looking for. | 我想你们不是我理想中的机器人 |
[17:48] | Well, you did it. | 你做到了 |
[17:50] | He’s giving up all his robots. | 他放弃了所有的机器人 |
[17:52] | I didn’t want that. | 我不想这样 |
[17:53] | I just wanted him to grow up a little bit. | 我只想他稍微成熟一点 |
[17:55] | Look at him. | 看他 |
[17:56] | He’s watching the damn weather. | 他在看天气节目 |
[17:58] | He has the rest of his life to be one of us. | 他还有一辈子的时间变成我们这样 |
[18:01] | Why rush him into it? | 为什么要催他呢 |
[18:02] | Oh, damn. I hate when you’re right. | 见鬼 我讨厌你对的时候 |
[18:09] | Where you going? | 你去哪里 |
[18:10] | I’m gonna finish a learning-based project. | 完成旨在学习的项目 |
[18:14] | Just as I had given up robots, | 就在我放弃机器人的时候 |
[18:15] | my dad went out and bought me the one I always wanted. | 我爸出去买了我一直想要的机器人 |
[18:21] | Hello, earth boy. It’s me, Short Circuit. | 你好 地球小子 是我 机器人五号 |
[18:24] | Just go away. | 走开 |
[18:28] | Not interested. | 没兴趣 |
[18:29] | But Jimmy 5 is alive! | 但吉米五号活了 |
[18:31] | I’m alive! | 我活了 |
[18:36] | It’s Johnny 5, and you’re not alive. | 应该是强尼五号 你也不是活的 |
[18:38] | You’re a stupid toy. | 你是个愚蠢的玩具 |
[18:41] | Look. I know what I said. | 听着 我知道我说了什么 |
[18:44] | And I’d never want you to stop with the “robit” stuff | 我永远不想你因为我而放弃 |
[18:47] | because of me. | 机奇人什么的 |
[18:48] | It’s fine, dad. | 没事 爸爸 |
[18:49] | You’re not the only one who said I should move on. | 不是只有你说我应该向前看 |
[18:52] | Well, they’re wrong. | 他们错了 |
[18:53] | I like that you got a big imagination | 我喜欢你想象力丰富 |
[18:55] | and you like all that crazy time-travel stuff. | 你喜欢那些疯狂的穿越时光什么的 |
[18:58] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[18:59] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:59] | It’s what makes you, you, | 这才是真正的你 |
[19:01] | and I wouldn’t want to change that. | 我不想改变这点 |
[19:04] | Maybe a little. You’re a weird kid. | 也许改变一点点 你是个奇怪的孩子 |
[19:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[19:07] | So what do you say we take this sucker out | 我们带这个玩意出去怎么样 |
[19:09] | and try and get it struck by lightning? | 想办法让它被闪电击中 |
[19:11] | Bring this “robit” to life. | 让这个机奇人活过来 |
[19:13] | It’s robot. | 是机器人 |
[19:14] | And it’s impossible to know when lightning’s gonna strike next. | 而且不可能知道什么时候会有闪电 |
[19:17] | Hey. You got your hobby. I got mine. | 你有你的爱好 我有我的 |
[19:20] | And with that, | 就这样 |
[19:21] | my dad and I combined our hobbies | 我爸和我把爱好结合在了一起 |
[19:23] | of course, lightning never struck my robot | 当然 闪电没有击中我的机器人 |
[19:25] | and Jimmy 5 never came alive. | 吉米五号也没有活过来 |
[19:27] | But that night, my dad and I made a memory | 但那晚 我爸和我创造了 |
[19:30] | that would last a lifetime, | 终生难忘的回忆 |
[19:33] | something we would always have to look back on. | 我们永远会回首的回忆 |
[19:39] | That’s the thing about letting go of the past. | 放手过去就是这样 |
[19:41] | It’s never easy. | 从来就不容易 |
[19:42] | And sometimes, we never let go of it at all. | 有时候 我们从来就不曾放手 |
[19:45] | But the amazing thing about life | 但生活的美妙之处就在于 |
[19:47] | is that we make new precious memories every single day. | 每一天 我们都在创造珍贵的回忆 |
[19:52] | hey, mom. | 妈 |
[19:53] | I was gonna go outside and throw down some monster jams. | 我想出去 来几个大灌篮 |
[19:56] | Maybe you want to come watch? | 你想来看吗 |
[19:58] | I’d love to, baby. | 我很乐意 宝贝 |
[20:05] | And the memories come when you least expect it. | 在你最不经意时 回忆便会悄然而至 |
[20:27] | I have awful news. | 我有个坏消息 |
[20:29] | Do you remember that video of me | 你还记得我小时候 |
[20:30] | playing with my strawberry shortcake dolls when I was little? | 玩草莓娃娃的录像带吗 |
[20:33] | I accidentally taped over it. | 我不小心洗掉了 |
[20:35] | Erica, how could you? | 爱丽卡 你怎么能这样 |
[20:36] | I’m sorry. I guess I just messed up like Barry did. | 对不起 我想我像巴瑞那样搞错了 |
[20:39] | Yeah, that’s a real shame. | 真是太遗憾了 |
[20:41] | Lucky for us, I made a copy. | 好在我拷贝了一份 |
[20:42] | What?! | 什么 |
[20:43] | Barry! | 巴瑞 |
[20:45] | Good morning, blueberry muffin! You smell delicious today! | 早上好 蓝莓松饼 今天你闻起来真可口 |
[20:47] | Oh, why, thank you, cherry cuddler. | 谢谢你 樱桃水果饼 |
[20:49] | Do you want to join us at the berry bake shoppe for tea? | 你要和我们一起去浆果烘焙店喝茶吗 |
[20:52] | Oh, well, I can’t because I have plans | 我去不了 因为我和我男友 |
[20:54] | with my boyfriend, David Hasselhoff! | 大卫·哈塞尔霍夫约好了 |
[20:57] | So adorable. | 好可爱 |
[20:58] | You’re so dead! | 你死定了 |
[20:59] | – Classic. – So awkward. | -经典 -真丢人 |
[21:00] | I love her so much. | 我好爱她 |