时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Of all the indignities of middle school, | 初中时所有的有伤尊严的事中 |
[00:02] | nothing was worse than the soul-crushing humiliation | 最为摧毁意志的丢脸事 |
[00:04] | of being forced to swim in gym class… | 就是在体育课上被迫游泳 |
[00:07] | All right, swimmers, let’s have some fun! | 好了 游泳者们 我们来开心一下 |
[00:10] | …the sickening smell of chlorine, the thick, humid air, | 令人讨厌的氯气臭味 厚重潮湿的空气 |
[00:13] | having to be shirtless in front of your class | 在班上同学面前不穿衣服 |
[00:15] | while you were at your most gawky and awkward. | 而你却处在最笨拙尴尬的年纪 |
[00:17] | And it was worse for the girls. | 对女生们来说更惨 |
[00:19] | They would have to parade in front of us | 她们要在这辈子 |
[00:20] | at the most self-conscious time in their lives. | 最害羞的时候 在我们面前游行 |
[00:22] | Please don’t look at me. Please don’t look at me. Please don’t look at me! | 请别看我 请别看我 请别看我 |
[00:24] | Yep, you dreaded it all year | 没错 你害怕了一个学年 |
[00:26] | until, at last, it was unavoidable. | 到最后避无可避 |
[00:28] | Or…was it? | 是吗 |
[00:30] | Goldfarb. No suit, again, I see. | 金巴巴 又没穿游泳裤 |
[00:32] | What is it this time? | 这次是什么借口 |
[00:34] | I have a contagious butt rash. | 我得了传染性的屁股红疹 |
[00:35] | I hated swimming so much, | 我太讨厌游泳了 |
[00:36] | I would try pretty much anything to get out of it. | 只要不游 我愿意尝试一切办法 |
[00:39] | Swimming is against my religion. | 游泳有违我的信仰 |
[00:40] | I’m allergic to water. | 我对水过敏 |
[00:41] | I have an irritable bowel. | 我的直肠易过敏 |
[00:42] | I got one heck of a fungus downstairs. | 我下面真菌感染的很严重 |
[00:44] | Yep, I had beaten the system. | 没错 我钻了制度的空子 |
[00:46] | Adam is failing gym class. | 亚当的体育课挂科了 |
[00:48] | Or so I thought. | 我以为如此 |
[00:49] | I’d say the failing is yours, but continue. | 我要说挂的是你 但请继续 |
[00:52] | Your son comes in every day with a new excuse | 你儿子每天都有不能游泳的 |
[00:53] | for why he can’t swim. | 新理由 |
[00:55] | If my schmoops says he can’t swim, | 如果我的宝贝说他不能游泳 |
[00:57] | then he must have a legitimate reason, | 那他肯定有正当的理由 |
[00:58] | and I fully support him. | 我全力支持他 |
[01:00] | So, you can vouch for your son’s claim | 这么说你担保你儿子所说的 |
[01:01] | that he can’t get into the pool | 他不能游泳 |
[01:03] | because he’s a C.I.A. operative wearing a wire? | 因为他是戴着窃听器的中情局特工 |
[01:06] | That’s classified. | 这是机密 |
[01:07] | I think I can shed some light on what’s going on here. | 我想我可以分析个所以然出来 |
[01:10] | Wow. Please do. | 拜托你了 |
[01:11] | Your boy is self-conscious because of his wig. | 你儿子因为他的假发感到害羞 |
[01:15] | He doesn’t wear a wig. | 他没有戴假发 |
[01:16] | Well, I’m stumped. | 那我不知道了 |
[01:18] | But you better figure something out, | 但你最好弄清楚 |
[01:19] | because an “f” in gym means Adam will never | 因为体育课挂科意味着亚当 |
[01:21] | get to be a physical educator later in life. | 以后不能做体育老师 |
[01:24] | Oh, no. | 不要啊 |
[01:25] | He’ll also have to repeat the 8th grade. | 他还得重读八年级 |
[01:27] | Oh, no! | 不要啊 |
[01:28] | Yeah, probably should’ve led with that. | 我应该先说这条的 |
[01:45] | It was October 14, 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的10月14日 |
[01:47] | and Erica was doing what she did every day — | 爱丽卡在做她每天都会做的事 |
[01:49] | Hanging with the cool kids. | 和酷孩子一起玩 |
[01:51] | This one’s shiny, and this one’s thermal. | 这个好闪 这个是加厚的 |
[01:53] | This one’s flannel. | 这个是法兰绒 |
[01:54] | This one’s denim. | 这个是牛仔布的 |
[01:55] | Ooh, that’s super-rare. | 这个好少见的 |
[01:56] | Oh…my god. | 我的天 |
[01:58] | We are smart, ambitious women, | 我们是聪明有抱负的女生 |
[02:00] | and we’re talking about scrunchies. | 我们却在谈论发圈 |
[02:03] | Is this really the best that we can do in our lives? | 我们的生活中只能做这个了吗 |
[02:05] | Ooh, wait. I’ve got something. | 慢着 我想到了 |
[02:08] | No. It’s also about scrunchies. | 不 还是关于发圈的 |
[02:10] | But lately she had been finding hanging with the cool kids | 但最近她发现和酷孩子一起玩 |
[02:12] | a little less fulfilling. | 不太令人满意了 |
[02:14] | Luckily, her search for meaning came to an end | 幸运的是 她可以不用再找有意义的事 |
[02:16] | when she saw one iconic video — | 她看到了最具代表意义的音乐视频 |
[02:19] | “We are the world,” an epic song for charity | 《四海一家》 为慈善而做的经典歌曲 |
[02:22] | that brought together all america’s biggest music legends. | 让全美最大牌的传奇音乐人齐聚一堂 |
[02:24] | And for Erica, it was about to give her shallow life meaning. | 对爱丽卡来说 这个给了她肤浅生活以意义 |
[02:28] | Look — Kenny Rogers and Kenny Loggins! | 看 肯尼·罗杰斯和肯尼·罗金斯 |
[02:30] | That’s the two best Kennys in one room — unheard of. | 两个最棒的肯尼共处一室 前所未闻 |
[02:33] | You’re right. If they can make a difference, so can I. | 你说的对 如果他们能带来改变 我也可以 |
[02:39] | This changes everything. | 这个改变了一切 |
[02:42] | Attention, everyone. | 大家注意 |
[02:44] | After some careful reflection, | 在认真思考后 |
[02:45] | I am devoting myself to changing the world. | 我将致力于改变世界 |
[02:48] | Good for you, sweetheart. | 好样的 甜心 |
[02:50] | That’s very selfless and admirable. | 真无私 令人钦佩 |
[02:52] | Yeah, that’s great. Poser. | 太棒了 装腔作势 |
[02:54] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[02:54] | Oh, I was just agreeing with pops. | 我只是同意老爷子的话 |
[02:56] | Poser. | 装腔作势 |
[02:57] | You take it back right now. | 你收回这句话 |
[02:59] | Poser! | 装腔作势 |
[02:59] | I am not a poser. | 我不是装腔作势 |
[03:01] | P-p-p-poser, poser, p-p-poser. | 装装装腔作势 装装装腔作势 |
[03:02] | Stop it. | 住口 |
[03:03] | Stop. | 住口 |
[03:04] | Poser. | 装腔作势 |
[03:06] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[03:06] | Back then, “poser” was the worst name you could call someone. | 那时候 “装腔作势”是最厉害的骂人的词 |
[03:09] | It meant you were a fake, a phony, | 这意味着你这人很假 很虚伪 |
[03:11] | or wearing the t-shirt of a band you knew nothing about. | 或是穿着根本不了解的乐队的T恤 |
[03:14] | Poser. | 装腔作势 |
[03:15] | I am not a poser. | 我没有装腔作势 |
[03:16] | Social awareness is super-important to me. | 社会意识对我来说太重要了 |
[03:18] | I even got principal Ball to start | 我甚至让鲍尔校长同意 |
[03:19] | a social awareness club at school. | 在学校开办社会意识社团 |
[03:21] | Aw. It’s just like when we saw that “we are the earth” song. | 这就像我们看到的”四湖一家”那首歌一样 |
[03:24] | You got inspired by music? | 你受到了音乐的启发吗 |
[03:26] | I am not a poser, okay? | 我没有装腔作势 |
[03:28] | You’re the one who pretends to be a rapper | 你才假装自己是饶舌歌手 |
[03:30] | and a ka-ra-te master. | 兼空手道大师 |
[03:31] | I don’t pretend anything. | 我没有假装任何东西 |
[03:33] | At my core, I’m a break-dancing samurai ninja | 在我的内心 我是霹雳舞武士忍者 |
[03:36] | who spits mad rhymes and dunks mad jams. | 会说唱疯狂韵律以及扣出疯狂灌篮 |
[03:38] | That’s just a smorgasbord of absurd things | 这只是可笑的事情捣碎了 |
[03:40] | mashed together in one ridiculous human. | 集中在一个可笑之人身上的大杂烩 |
[03:42] | You want to know what’s ridiculous? | 你想知道什么可笑吗 |
[03:43] | That you think people would actually care about | 你觉得大家真的会关心 |
[03:46] | your dumb social awareness club, | 你那傻傻的社会意识社团 |
[03:47] | especially one started by a poser. | 尤其是一个装腔作势的人发起的 |
[03:49] | You’ re a poser! | 你才装腔作势 |
[03:50] | Copied my insult — ergo, you’re a poser! | 跟我学 因此 你才是装腔作势 |
[03:52] | Logic! Barry wins! | 搞定 巴瑞赢了 |
[03:53] | You did not! Erica wins! | 你没有 爱丽卡赢了 |
[03:55] | No, he won. You copied him. | 不 他赢了 你学的他 |
[03:57] | It was weak, sweetheart. | 太弱了 甜心 |
[03:59] | Have a slice of pizza and be happy. | 吃块披萨开心起来 |
[04:03] | While Barry was tearing down Erica’s idea, | 巴瑞给爱丽卡的主意拆台时 |
[04:05] | my mom was about to try to build me up. | 我妈则想帮我树立信心 |
[04:08] | Why don’t we try to get the chief | 不如我们试试 |
[04:09] | in a good mood for a change? | 让大厨有个好心情 |
[04:11] | Nell Carter looks like she gives great hugs. | 内尔·卡特看起来很会拥抱 |
[04:15] | What’s going on with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[04:18] | No! | 不 |
[04:19] | Guess who just had a meeting with coach Mellor. | 猜猜谁刚见了梅勒教练 |
[04:21] | Apparently, Adam is failing. | 亚当挂科了 |
[04:23] | I don’t get it. You used to love to swim. | 我不懂 你以前很爱游泳 |
[04:25] | But I figured it out. | 但我想明白了 |
[04:27] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:27] | Yeah. It’s your bathing suit. | 对 是泳裤的原因 |
[04:29] | You’re growing fast, | 你长得太快 |
[04:30] | and it’s pinching your little coin purse. | 会弄痛你的重要部位 |
[04:32] | That’s why I got you these jams — | 所以我给你买了冲浪短裤 |
[04:34] | Nice roomy swim trunks for all your bits and berries. | 漂亮宽大的游泳裤 可以容得下你所有的小物件 |
[04:37] | Go on. Model them for mama. | 来吧 穿给妈妈看看 |
[04:40] | I don’t want to model the jams. | 我不想穿冲浪短裤 |
[04:41] | Come on. They’re jams. | 来吧 这是冲浪短裤 |
[04:42] | I know they’re jams. | 我知道这是冲浪短裤 |
[04:43] | Well, then show us how handsome you look in your new jams. | 那就让我们看看你穿这个有多帅 |
[04:46] | I don’t want the jams. | 我不要冲浪短裤 |
[04:47] | Come on. They’re jams. | 来吧 这是冲浪短裤 |
[04:48] | He doesn’t want the damn jams! Leave the boy alone already! | 他不想穿该死的冲浪短裤 放过他吧 |
[04:51] | Well, someone has to address the issue with his little marbles. | 总得有人来解决他的”小弹珠”的问题 |
[04:54] | Nobody wants their mom talking about their yam bag. | 没人想让他们妈妈谈论他们的”甘薯袋子” |
[04:56] | My god! The problem isn’t the swimsuit. | 我的天 问题不是游泳裤 |
[04:59] | It’s just — I hate taking off my shirt. | 只是 我讨厌脱衣服 |
[05:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:02] | I’m ashamed of my body. Okay? | 我为自己的身体感到羞愧 可以吗 |
[05:06] | You’re ashamed? | 你羞愧 |
[05:07] | Of this beautiful wall of deliciousness? | 为这美丽的美味之墙羞愧吗 |
[05:10] | Those words make it so much worse. | 这些词令情况变得更糟 |
[05:12] | I’m never swimming again. | 我再也不会游泳了 |
[05:13] | Even if George Lucas invited me to a pool party | 哪怕是乔治·卢卡斯邀请我参加 |
[05:16] | in the swamps of dagobah, I’d still say no. | 在达戈巴沼泽举办的泳池派对 我也会拒绝 |
[05:21] | I mean, I’d go and check it out. | 我是说 我会去看看 |
[05:23] | How many chances do you have to meet yoda? | 能见到尤达大师的机会能有多少 |
[05:26] | But I would not go into the pool. | 但我不会下泳池 |
[05:28] | My mom hoped she could save me. | 我妈希望她能救我 |
[05:30] | Meanwhile, my sister was saving the world. | 与此同时 我姐在拯救世界 |
[05:32] | What’s all this about? | 怎么回事 |
[05:33] | It’s the first meeting of the social awareness club. | 社会意识社团第一次开会 |
[05:36] | Erica’s dumb thing? | 爱丽卡的蠢东西吗 |
[05:37] | But it’s packed — and with cool kids. | 但这里挤满了酷孩子 |
[05:39] | How’s this possible? | 这怎么可能 |
[05:40] | And that’s when I decided that I had to change the world. | 我那时就决定我得改变世界 |
[05:42] | Wait, she’s getting interviewed by the William Penn Mirror? | 《威廉·佩恩高中镜报》居然来采访她 |
[05:46] | Come on — don’t get all jealous | 拜托 别嫉妒了 |
[05:47] | ‘Cause your sister’s making news. | 你姐在制造新闻 |
[05:49] | And me eating 32 fish sticks in the cafeteria isn’t? | 我在餐厅吃下32根鱼条不算新闻吗 |
[05:52] | This is classic media bias! | 真是典型的媒体偏见 |
[05:54] | Please tell me the paper is writing an article about | 拜托告诉我报纸会写你是全校 |
[05:57] | how you’re the biggest poser in school. | 最大的装腔作势的人 |
[05:58] | No, because I’m not a poser. | 不 因为我不是 |
[06:00] | But I did tell them that you were one, poser. | 不过我告诉他们你是的 装腔作势 |
[06:03] | Easy on the p-word, huh? | 注意下这个”装”开头的词 |
[06:06] | What is this, a disco? | 当这是哪里 迪斯科舞厅吗 |
[06:07] | I really love my community and want to give back, | 我真心爱我的社区 想回馈大家 |
[06:10] | but Erica won’t let me. | 但爱丽卡不让 |
[06:11] | Please! He’s joining so that he can ruin my club from the inside. | 得了 他加入是想从内部搞垮我的社团 |
[06:14] | You know, I think the Mirror might be interested to know | 我想《镜报》可能会有兴趣知道 |
[06:17] | that a social awareness club discriminates. | 社会意识社团搞歧视 |
[06:21] | What are you writing? | 你在写什么 |
[06:22] | We don’t discriminate. | 我们这里没有歧视 |
[06:24] | Barry is welcome, of course. | 当然欢迎巴瑞来 |
[06:26] | You can quote me on that. | 你可以写下我的原话 |
[06:34] | Okay, moving on to our first fundraiser — | 现在来说第一次募捐 |
[06:36] | I was thinking that a song could inspire people, | 我觉得歌曲可以启发别人 |
[06:38] | kind of like “we are the world.” | 就像《四海一家》那样的 |
[06:40] | I think that we focus on one issue | 我觉得我们应该集中在一个 |
[06:42] | that’s super-important today — helping the people of africa. | 如今超重要的问题上 帮助非洲 |
[06:45] | – Question. – What?! | -提问 -什么 |
[06:46] | Why do you get to pick the issue? | 凭什么你来挑选问题 |
[06:48] | Because it’s the most important one. | 因为这是最重要的 |
[06:49] | To you, but what about the rainforest | 那是你觉得 雨林问题呢 |
[06:52] | or raising awareness for the ozone | 提高臭氧层意识呢 |
[06:54] | or why air jordans are so expensive? | 乔丹鞋为什么这么贵 |
[06:56] | Air jordans? That’s not even a cause. | 乔丹鞋 这根本不是社会问题 |
[06:57] | You know, I think the Mirror might be interested to know | 我想《镜报》可能有兴趣知道 |
[07:00] | a social awareness club is run by a dictator. | 社会意识社团是由独裁者领导的 |
[07:03] | No, just put barry’s ideas in your song, Erica. | 不 把巴瑞的想法写进你的歌里 爱丽卡 |
[07:05] | Say, does anyone else have an issue to be made aware of? | 其他人觉得还有需要被重视的问题吗 |
[07:08] | Perhaps my wonderful girlfriend has a few. | 也许我的漂亮女友有一些 |
[07:10] | Now that I think of it, | 现在我想想 |
[07:11] | there are, like, way too many nuclear weapons. | 核武器太多了 |
[07:13] | Ooh! That’s a good one. Put it down. | 说得好 写下来 |
[07:15] | Yeah, but nuclear energy | 但核能 |
[07:16] | is cleaner than burning fossil fuels. | 比燃烧燃料要环保得多 |
[07:18] | That’s true. So write “yes, nukes.” | 没错 写下”核没问题” |
[07:19] | But I just wrote down “no nukes.” | 我刚写下”不要核” |
[07:21] | Who else has a cause? Don’t be shy. | 谁还想到了重要问题 别害羞 |
[07:23] | Save the wales, bro. Gotta do it. | 拯救鲸鱼 伙计 必须得做了 |
[07:25] | Except the killer wales. | 除了杀人鲸 |
[07:26] | They’re bad, ’cause they’re killers. | 它们是坏的 它们杀人 |
[07:27] | So, I guess save some wales? | 那就是拯救部分鲸鱼 |
[07:28] | That makes no sense. | 这根本说不通 |
[07:29] | Write it down! Come on! Shout it out! | 写下来 来吧 大声说出来 |
[07:31] | There are no bad ideas. | 不可能有坏主意 |
[07:32] | – Poverty! – Scrunchies! | -贫困 -发圈 |
[07:33] | Our town needs a Bennigan’s! | 我们镇需要一家班尼根连锁餐厅 |
[07:35] | Spay and neuter. politics. Acid rain. | 切除卵巢或阉割 政治 酸雨 |
[07:37] | As Erica was beginning to realize she had a problem, | 爱丽卡意识到她有麻烦时 |
[07:39] | my mom was trying to solve mine. | 我妈正想办法解决我的麻烦 |
[07:42] | What’s shakin’, bacon? | 在做什么 |
[07:43] | You up for a little chat about — oh, I don’t know — | 要聊聊吗 比如说 |
[07:46] | “Star wars,” robots, your body, video games? | 星球大战 机器人 你的身体 电子游戏 |
[07:49] | Please, just go away. | 求你了 走人吧 |
[07:51] | Okay, not until you look at yourself in the mirror. | 除非你看着镜子中的自己 |
[07:54] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[07:58] | Drink it all in. | 慢慢欣赏 |
[08:00] | Now say “I have a beautiful body.” | 现在说 我有美丽的身体 |
[08:04] | Yeah, not gonna happen. | 这是不可能的 |
[08:05] | Oh, it will. | 会的 |
[08:06] | Look in the mirror and tell that beautiful body | 看向镜子 告诉这美丽的身体 |
[08:08] | just how beautiful it is. | 它有多美丽 |
[08:10] | You need to leave. | 你需要离开 |
[08:11] | – Say it. – No! | -说 -不 |
[08:13] | Say “I have a beautiful body.” | 说 我有美丽的身体 |
[08:15] | Never! | 永远别想 |
[08:17] | Let me show you how it’s done. | 我来告诉你怎么做 |
[08:20] | I like my eyes ’cause they sparkle. | 我喜欢我的眼睛 因为它们亮晶晶 |
[08:22] | I like my shoulders ’cause they look good with or without pads. | 我喜欢我的肩膀 因为有没有垫肩都好看 |
[08:26] | I like my tummy ’cause it’s where I baked you. | 我喜欢我的肚子 因为这里孕育了你 |
[08:29] | Make it stop! | 停下吧 |
[08:31] | Wait! My little angel’s a 10! | 等等 我的小天使是满分 |
[08:33] | You are a 10! | 你是满分 |
[08:34] | You’re a 10! | 你是满分 |
[08:36] | After that debacle, I needed a laugh, so I turned to | 在这场灾难后 我需要笑一笑 于是我去看 |
[08:40] | the funniest movie about a dancing gopher ever made — | 有史以来关于跳舞地鼠的最搞笑的电影 |
[08:42] | “Caddyshack.” | 《疯狂高尔夫》 |
[08:43] | But instead of cracking me up, it gave me an idea. | 这部电影没让我开怀大笑 却让我有了主意 |
[08:47] | I couldn’t be expected to swim | 如果泳池被突然关闭 |
[08:49] | if the pool was suddenly shut down. | 我就不用游泳了 |
[08:51] | Those poor schmucks think someone had an accident, | 这些可怜的傻瓜以为有人出了意外 |
[08:54] | but it’s just a candy bar! | 但其实只是巧克力条 |
[08:56] | This movie is a hoot! | 这部电影太搞笑了 |
[08:59] | Things are just getting good. Where you going, kiddo? | 刚开始好看 你去哪里 孩子 |
[09:02] | I suddenly got a craving for a baby ruth. | 我突然想吃花生巧克力棒 |
[09:05] | At 6:49 this morning, our faithful janitor | 今早6点49分 我们忠实的清洁员 |
[09:09] | discovered a foreign object in the pool. | 在泳池中发现异物 |
[09:11] | Initially, we thought the object was… | 起初 我们以为异物是 |
[09:15] | Organic in nature, | 自然有机排泄物 |
[09:17] | so we followed school protocol and drained the facilities. | 所以我们遵守学校规定放干了池水 |
[09:20] | Upon closer inspection, we determined | 根据近距离观察 我们断定 |
[09:23] | that the floater in question was, in fact, a candy bar. | 可疑漂浮物其实是巧克力条 |
[09:28] | Laugh it up, chuckleheads, | 笑吧 笨蛋们 |
[09:29] | but caddy shacking a pool is a serious offense. | 用巧克力条污染泳池是严重过错 |
[09:32] | I said no press! | 我说过不准通知媒体 |
[09:34] | Damn it. | 见鬼 |
[09:35] | Now this is gonna be all over the Mirror. | 现在《镜报》会大肆报道了 |
[09:37] | My plan had worked. | 我的计划起了作用 |
[09:39] | The question was, how long could I get away with it? | 问题是 我能逃避制裁多久 |
[09:42] | Don’t want a nuclear winter | 不想要核冬天 |
[09:44] | that’s why we need a nuclear freeze | 所以我们需要冻结核武器 |
[09:47] | I know that’s confusing — | 我知道这令人困惑 |
[09:50] | God. What the hell rhymes with “freeze”? | 老天 什么和”冻结”押韵 |
[09:51] | Did someone say “Barry”? | 有人说了”巴瑞”吗 |
[09:53] | Get out! | 出去 |
[09:54] | Because of you, I have to write a ridiculous song | 因为你 我要写一首关于全球 |
[09:56] | about every issue in the world. | 所有问题的可笑的歌 |
[09:58] | Chill, girl. | 冷静 姑娘 |
[09:59] | Big tasty’s got the answer to all your problems. | 大甜甜有解决你所有问题的办法 |
[10:02] | Merch. | 文化衫 |
[10:03] | Go away! | 走开 |
[10:04] | Just hear me out. | 听我说 |
[10:05] | Songs are cute, but if you want to start making real cheddar, | 歌很可爱 但如果你要真正赚钱 |
[10:08] | merch is where it’s at. | 文化衫才是正道 |
[10:09] | Why are you still here? | 你为什么还在这里 |
[10:10] | Did you know the rolling stones make 93% of their money | 你知道滚石乐队93%的收入 |
[10:13] | on t-shirts? | 来自于T恤吗 |
[10:14] | And the other 22%? | 剩余的22% |
[10:16] | Stickers! | 贴纸 |
[10:17] | Merch, baby! Merch! | 文化衫 亲爱的 文化衫 |
[10:18] | I’m not doing a thing you say. | 我不会照你说的做 |
[10:20] | Bup-bup-bup-bup-bup. | 等等 |
[10:21] | Reserve your judgment until you see the back. | 看过背面再评价 |
[10:24] | Are you kidding me?! | 开什么玩笑 |
[10:25] | Your merch is all about getting you sneakers. | 你卖文化衫只是想买运动鞋 |
[10:27] | Exactly! | 正是 |
[10:28] | You see, at first, I thought you were just some dumb poser, | 起初 我以为你只是愚蠢的装腔作势的人 |
[10:31] | but then I realized your dumb poser crap | 但我意识到你那些装腔作势的废话 |
[10:32] | can help get me my air jordans. | 可以帮我买到乔丹鞋 |
[10:34] | That’s it! I don’t care what the principal says. | 够了 我不管校长说什么 |
[10:36] | You’re out of my club. | 我的社团开除你了 |
[10:37] | – You can’t do that! – I just did. | -你不能这样做 -我刚做了 |
[10:39] | The Mirror’s gonna have a field day with you, poser. | 《镜报》要好好和你玩一天了 装腔作势 |
[10:41] | Call me “poser” all you want. I don’t care anymore. | 随便你叫我”装腔作势” 我不在乎了 |
[10:44] | In fact, you are worse than a poser. | 事实上 你比装腔作势更差劲 |
[10:46] | All you are is a joke. | 你只是一个玩笑 |
[10:47] | Oh, we’ll see who the joke is | 等我创办 |
[10:49] | once I start my own Rival social awareness club | 为巴善筹款的反社会意识社团后 |
[10:52] | to raise money for barity. | 我们看看谁才是笑话 |
[10:53] | Barity? That’s not a thing. | 巴善 根本没这个词 |
[10:55] | It’s a Barry charity — a barity. | 巴瑞慈善 巴善 |
[10:58] | And it will crush your charity. | 它会击垮你的慈善活动 |
[11:00] | Wha– | 什么 |
[11:02] | Stop! | 住手 |
[11:03] | Barry! | 巴瑞 |
[11:04] | Stop it! | 住手 |
[11:06] | All right, listen up. | 听好了 |
[11:08] | I figured keeping you here hours after class | 我以为下课后让你们多留几小时 |
[11:09] | would flush out our prankster. | 可以”冲出”恶作剧的人 |
[11:11] | Alvin, our janitor, gave me that pun. | 这是清洁工阿尔文告诉我的俏皮话 |
[11:13] | If the culprit doesn’t come forward by next class, | 如果犯人下次课前不自首 |
[11:15] | you will all be punished! | 你们都会接受惩罚 |
[11:17] | But know this — I will find you. | 听清楚了 我会找到你的 |
[11:20] | My time was running out, | 我已经没什么时间了 |
[11:21] | so my only option was to create confusion. | 所以我唯一的办法就是制造混乱 |
[11:23] | Whoever did this, stop being a putz and just admit it. | 无论谁做的 别再做傻瓜赶紧承认吧 |
[11:26] | Honestly, dude, we were all kind of thinking it was you. | 说实话 伙计 我们都觉得是你做的 |
[11:29] | Guys, it can’t be me. That would be too obvious. | 不可能是我 那太明显了 |
[11:31] | It’s always the last person that you suspect. | 永远是那个最不会被怀疑的人 |
[11:34] | Don’t nod at me. | 别冲我点头 |
[11:36] | Everyone knows Dave Kim’s allergic to nuts. | 所有人都知道金戴夫对坚果过敏 |
[11:38] | And how do you just happen to know that candy bar had nuts? | 你怎么知道那根巧克力条里有坚果 |
[11:41] | They all have nuts! | 它们全都有坚果 |
[11:42] | Not milky way. That’s nougat. | 银河巧克力条没有 里面是牛轧糖 |
[11:44] | Nougat is nuts! | 牛轧糖就是坚果 |
[11:46] | You’re making that up. | 你瞎说 |
[11:47] | The primary ingredients in nougat are | 牛轧糖的主要原料是 |
[11:49] | sugar, nuts, and egg whites. | 糖 坚果 蛋白 |
[11:51] | Like a criminal mastermind, I had created confusion, | 犹如犯罪高手一样 我制造了混乱 |
[11:54] | and it was glorious. | 太好了 |
[11:56] | But Erica was about to create confusion of a different kind. | 爱丽卡马上要制造一场不同的混乱 |
[11:59] | Hey, Lainey. | 兰妮 |
[12:00] | Yeah, Erica? | 什么 爱丽卡 |
[12:01] | When did the earth die? | 地球什么时候会死 |
[12:02] | Today. | 今天 |
[12:03] | Unless you open your eyes and your wallets. | 除非你们打开眼睛与钱包 |
[12:06] | Uno, dos, tres… | 一二三 |
[12:08] | Cuatro. | 四 |
[12:09] | listen up, America, let’s get socially aware | 听好了 美国人 我们要有社会意识 |
[12:13] | stop thinkin’ about yourself | 别再只想着你自己 |
[12:15] | your clothes, your grades, your hair | 你的衣服 你的分数 你的头发 |
[12:18] | stop the nukes and pollution | 制止核武与污染 |
[12:20] | acid rain is not our friend | 酸雨不是我们的朋友 |
[12:22] | save the whales, the ozone | 拯救鲸鱼与臭氧层 |
[12:25] | and we’d love to get a Bennigan’s | 我们想拥有一家班尼根餐厅 |
[12:28] | we’ll fix the world | 我们解决了全世界 |
[12:30] | yes, every problem | 所有的问题 |
[12:32] | there’s way too many on this list | 问题清单太长 |
[12:35] | but we will solve them | 但我们会解决 |
[12:38] | we want a two-day school week | 我们要一周只上两天学 |
[12:40] | and Lando Calrissian for president | 蓝道·卡利森出任总统[演员] |
[12:43] | and relax the school’s policy on nudity | 放松学校关于裸体的制度 |
[12:45] | and I want a date with Erica | 我想和爱丽卡约会 |
[12:47] | Geoff, stop changing the words. | 杰夫 别随意改词 |
[12:49] | no, acid rain, yes, recycling | 不要酸雨要回收 |
[12:52] | but no more death penalty | 不再有死刑 |
[12:55] | unless the guy really deserves it | 除非那人真是罪有应得 |
[12:57] | then zap him, I’d agree | 那就宰了他 我同意 |
[12:59] | or her | 或是她 |
[13:01] | ’cause we’re for equal rights, as well-el-el-ellllll | 因为我们也要求男女平等 |
[13:10] | we’ll fix the world | 我们会解决全世界 |
[13:11] | yes, every problem | 所有的问题 |
[13:14] | no matter how dumb they are | 无论这问题有多傻 |
[13:17] | yes, we will solve them | 没错 我们会解决 |
[13:19] | Guys. Guys, they’re leaving. | 各位 他们走了 |
[13:21] | Wai– what? Wait, stop! We have 10 more verses! | 慢着 别走 我们还有十段呢 |
[13:24] | Doughnuts! | 甜甜圈 |
[13:25] | Charitable doughnuts for sale! | 慈善甜甜圈便宜卖 |
[13:26] | What the — | 搞什么 |
[13:27] | Don’t be shy. All doughnuts go to Barity. | 不要害羞 所有善款都捐给巴善了 |
[13:31] | What the hell is this? | 你在搞什么 |
[13:32] | Victory. My friend Terrance, he works at the Wawa. | 胜利 我朋友特伦斯在哇哇店上班 |
[13:34] | He gave me all the day-old doughnuts they were gonna trash. | 他把准备扔掉的隔夜甜甜圈全给我了 |
[13:37] | You people are eating garbage pastries. | 你们在吃垃圾点心 |
[13:39] | Why don’t you write a song about it, Bob Dylan? | 你不如写进你的歌里 鲍勃·迪伦[歌手] |
[13:41] | One glazed, please. | 请来一份甜甜圈 |
[13:43] | This isn’t a charity. It’s exchanging money for goods. | 这不是慈善 这是花钱买东西 |
[13:46] | It’s a business. | 这是做生意 |
[13:47] | You’re just jealous, ’cause I’m changing the world | 你只是嫉妒 因为我在一次一个甜甜圈的 |
[13:49] | one doughnut at a time. | 改变世界 |
[13:50] | Fine. I give up. | 好吧 我放弃 |
[13:51] | So you admit it. | 你承认了 |
[13:52] | You’re the poser, not me. | 你装腔作势 我没有 |
[13:54] | I just wanted to do something important, | 我只想做些重要的事 |
[13:56] | but I guess you were right. | 但我想你是对的 |
[13:58] | No one cares, and no matter how hard I try, | 没人在乎 无论我多努力 |
[14:01] | I’ll never make a difference. | 我永远不会带来改变 |
[14:08] | Two days! | 两天 |
[14:09] | It’s been two long, swimless days, | 已经度过了没有游泳的漫长的两天 |
[14:12] | and our prankster still hasn’t admitted | 我们恶作剧的人依然没有承认 |
[14:14] | to caddyshacking the pool. | 用糖果污染了泳池 |
[14:16] | Until our culprit comes forward, | 在犯人自首前 |
[14:19] | you will all run laps every day, all period long. | 你们每天要跑圈 直到学期结束 |
[14:24] | Mirsky. | 莫斯基 |
[14:25] | So, you’re saying we run laps instead of swimming? | 你是说我们跑圈 不用游泳了 |
[14:27] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[14:28] | Nice! | 太好了 |
[14:30] | Wait, hold on. Stop, stop, stop. | 慢着 停下 |
[14:32] | You’re telling me you’d rather run laps indefinitely | 你是说你们宁愿无限期地跑圈 |
[14:34] | than get in the pool? | 也不想下泳池吗 |
[14:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:38] | That’s good. | 太好了 |
[14:38] | Well, in that case… | 好吧 这样的话 |
[14:40] | Swimming for the rest of the year! | 剩下的学年一直是游泳课 |
[14:42] | We can’t just swim all year. What about basketball? | 不能整年游泳 篮球呢 |
[14:45] | It’ll be water basketball. | 水上篮球 |
[14:46] | Dodgeball? | 躲避球 |
[14:47] | Pool dodgeball. | 泳池躲避球 |
[14:48] | Crab soccer? | 螃蟹足球呢 |
[14:49] | You’ll be on rafts. | 你们可以坐救生艇 |
[14:52] | For the love of god, | 看到上帝的份上 |
[14:53] | whoever did this, just admit it. | 谁做的赶紧承认吧 |
[14:54] | Okay, fine. I know who did it. | 好吧 我知道是谁做的 |
[14:56] | The other day after class, Adam… | 那天下课后 亚当 |
[15:00] | …made us realize it was Dave Kim. | 让我们知道是金戴夫 |
[15:02] | What?! | 什么 |
[15:03] | I didn’t see that coming. | 没想到是这样 |
[15:05] | Dave Kim, my office. | 金戴夫 来我办公室 |
[15:07] | It’s a setup! It couldn’t have been me! | 这是陷害 不可能是我 |
[15:09] | Nougat is nuts. | 牛轧糖是坚果 |
[15:10] | The primary ingredient is nuts. | 主要原料是坚果 |
[15:12] | Maybe we’re being a little hasty. | 也许我们有些草率 |
[15:14] | You can’t protect him now, Goldfarb. | 你现在没办法保护他了 金巴巴 |
[15:16] | He made his choice. | 他已经做出了选择 |
[15:18] | Not so funny now, are you, candyman? | 现在不好笑了吧 糖果男 |
[15:30] | “Caddyshame”? | 糖果丑闻 |
[15:32] | Dave Kim is guilty? | 金戴夫有罪 |
[15:34] | I cannot believe this. | 我不敢相信 |
[15:35] | Everybody knows Dave Kim is allergic to nuts, | 所有人都知道金戴夫对坚果过敏 |
[15:37] | and nougat is nuts. | 牛轧糖是坚果 |
[15:39] | No, this has Adam written all over it. | 不 这摆明了是亚当做的 |
[15:42] | We’ve watched that movie a million times. | 我们看过那部电影无数遍了 |
[15:44] | No! Adam wouldn’t do that. | 不 亚当不会这样做的 |
[15:47] | I solved his problems by forcing him to love his body. | 我已经通过强迫让他爱自己的身体 解决了问题 |
[15:50] | Nobody wants to hear that sort of thing from their mother. | 没人想从自己母亲那里听到这样的话 |
[15:53] | Well, if that’s true, | 如果是这样 |
[15:54] | then I suppose he needs to hear it from his father. | 那我想他应该听他的父亲这样说 |
[15:56] | Or his grandfather. | 或外祖父 |
[15:57] | I’m not saying that weird stuff to the boy. | 我不会对那孩子说这些奇怪的话 |
[16:00] | We keep it loose. | 我们之间很随意的 |
[16:01] | Murray, you need to do this! | 默里 你需要这样做 |
[16:03] | Now go up there and tell him he has a beautiful body | 上去告诉他 他有美丽的身体 |
[16:06] | before he believes he doesn’t. | 在他相信他没有之前 |
[16:08] | And so my dad set off to tell me I had a beautiful body. | 于是我爸来告诉我 我有美丽的身体 |
[16:13] | Hey. Uh…how you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[16:15] | Why are you in my room? | 你为什么来我房间 |
[16:16] | Just came by to say “hi” and | 过来问个好 然后 |
[16:19] | what? | 什么 |
[16:20] | To tell you yougotabeautifulbody. | 告诉你 你有美丽的身体 |
[16:21] | – What? – You know, thatyougotabeautifulbody. | -什么 -你有美丽的身体 |
[16:23] | See, y-y-you keep trailing off, specifically at the end. | 你声音不断变小 尤其到最后 |
[16:26] | You got a beautiful body. | 你有美丽的身体 |
[16:28] | This body of yours — beautiful! | 你的身体 很美 |
[16:31] | Don’t ever tell me that again! | 别再对我说这样的话 |
[16:32] | Deal. | 成交 |
[16:33] | But… | 但是 |
[16:34] | Let’s be truthful. | 我们说实话 |
[16:37] | You don’t have a beautiful body. | 你没有美丽的身体 |
[16:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:39] | You’re in middle school. | 你在上初中 |
[16:41] | Your body — it’s stinky and greasy | 你的身体 臭烘烘 油腻腻 |
[16:45] | and it’s growing too fast. | 成长得太快 |
[16:47] | And when you talk, it’s — it’s like a… | 你说话的时候 就像 |
[16:50] | A broken kazoo. | 坏了的卡祖笛 |
[16:53] | Those days were horrible. | 这些日子太可怕了 |
[16:54] | I-I-i remember them. I really do. | 我还记得 真的 |
[16:56] | Since when have you had a shred of insecurity about your body? | 你什么时候对你的身体有一丝的不安全感了 |
[17:00] | You’ll go anywhere in your tighty-whities. | 你到哪里都只穿着白色紧身内裤 |
[17:03] | That’s now. | 那是现在 |
[17:04] | When I was your age, I hated my body. | 我在你这么大时 我讨厌我的身体 |
[17:06] | The good news is, I grew up, | 好消息是 我长大了 |
[17:08] | and life beat me down so hard | 生活把我打击得够呛 |
[17:11] | that I eventually stopped caring. | 我最终不在乎了 |
[17:13] | And someday, life will crap on you so hard | 总有一天 生活也会摆平你 |
[17:16] | that you’ll stop caring, too! | 你也不会再在乎了 |
[17:18] | That’s… Oddly comforting. | 这话居然挺安慰人的 |
[17:21] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[17:22] | Eventually, you’ll realize | 最终你会意识到 |
[17:23] | it doesn’t matter what other people think. | 别人怎么想根本不重要 |
[17:25] | Thanks to my dad, I knew I had to take a stand. | 多亏了我爸 我知道我必须表态了 |
[17:29] | All right, everybody, settle in. | 各位 集合 |
[17:31] | Gonna watch this jokester do laps for the next hour. | 大家看着这个爱开玩笑的人跑圈一小时 |
[17:34] | Anything you’d like to say | 你还有什么话要说吗 |
[17:35] | before you begin your aquatic odyssey? | 在你开始水上”奥德赛”之前 |
[17:38] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我做的 |
[17:41] | It was time to be a man | 是时候做个男人了 |
[17:42] | and take responsibility for what I’d done. | 为自己做的事负责任 |
[17:44] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:46] | I did it. I caddy shacked the pool. | 是我 我用巧克力条污染了泳池 |
[17:49] | Innocent! | 无罪 |
[17:51] | Look, this wasn’t some prank. | 这不是恶作剧 |
[17:53] | I did it because I hate swimming. | 我这样做是因为我讨厌游泳 |
[17:56] | We all do. | 我们都讨厌 |
[17:57] | We dread having to wear our swimsuits in front of each other | 我们害怕在彼此面前穿泳衣 |
[18:00] | because we feel super-weird about our super-weird bodies. | 因为我们对自己超奇怪的身体感觉超奇怪 |
[18:03] | So if it’s a crime to be self-conscious, | 如果害羞也是一种犯罪 |
[18:06] | then I guess I’m guilty. | 那我想我有罪 |
[18:09] | But just ask yourself — | 但问你自己 |
[18:11] | Isn’t that punishment enough? | 这本身的惩罚还不够吗 |
[18:14] | No. | 不够 |
[18:15] | A month’s detention. | 留堂一个月 |
[18:16] | Balls. | 该死 |
[18:17] | As for the rest of you… | 其他人 |
[18:19] | Is he right? | 他说的是真的吗 |
[18:21] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[18:22] | All right, look. | 好吧 听着 |
[18:23] | I know not everyone is in peak physical condition, | 我知道不是所有人都处于身体状况的巅峰 |
[18:26] | like coach. | 像教练我这样 |
[18:27] | A lot of you got baby fat. | 你们许多人还有婴儿肥 |
[18:28] | Some of you are gangly, spaghetti-armed monsters. | 有些人太瘦 像意面怪物一样 |
[18:31] | Others just look like a sack of paste. | 其他人看起来像一袋面团 |
[18:34] | But if this is how you feel, then I am willing | 但如果这是你们的感受 那我愿意 |
[18:37] | to make even the worst of you a little more comfortable. | 让你们中最差的人也舒服一点 |
[18:39] | That’s the crazy thing about growing up — | 成长的疯狂之处就在于此 |
[18:42] | Help comes when you least expect it… | 在你最不指望的时候会有帮助 |
[18:45] | From the people you expect the least from. | 来自你最不指望的人 |
[18:48] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[18:50] | Consider it a baritable donation | 就当作是”巴善” |
[18:52] | to your social whatever club. | 给你社会什么社团的捐款 |
[18:53] | But this is your air jordan money. | 但这是你买乔丹鞋的钱 |
[18:55] | Why would you give this to me? | 为什么要给我 |
[18:56] | Look, maybe you are a poser, but so am I. | 也许你装腔作势 但我也一样 |
[18:59] | Don’t tell anyone, but I can’t dunk on Charles Barkley. | 别告诉任何人 但我没法在查尔斯·巴克利防守下灌篮 |
[19:02] | I’m not in the yakuza. | 我不是日本黑社会的 |
[19:03] | And even though it looks like it, | 就算看起来很像 |
[19:05] | my body’s not as cut as LL Cool J’s. | 我的身材也没艾尔酷杰那么棒 |
[19:07] | Well, your secret’s safe with me. | 我不会把你的秘密说出去的 |
[19:08] | So, we’re both posers, and so are all our friends. | 我们都装腔作势 我们的朋友也都是 |
[19:11] | I guess we’re all just trying to figure it out. | 我想我们都还没考虑清楚 |
[19:14] | But the one thing I do know — | 但有件事我知道 |
[19:16] | You will definitely make a difference. | 你绝对会带来改变 |
[19:20] | Thanks, Barry. Thank you. | 谢谢 巴瑞 谢谢你 |
[19:22] | When we’re young, | 我们年轻的时候 |
[19:23] | we’re all just trying to figure out who we are. | 都想弄清楚自己到底是什么样的人 |
[19:25] | Donate to make a change, people. | 捐款令世界改变 各位 |
[19:27] | If it’s an issue you care about, it’s on this shirt. | 只要是你关心的问题 T恤上就会有 |
[19:30] | And sometimes other people see our potential before we do. | 有时候别人会比我们更快地发现我们的潜能 |
[19:35] | Poopie. You like the jams. | 宝贝 你喜欢冲浪短裤 |
[19:37] | I thought maybe I’d wear them to swim class. | 我想也许我会穿这个上游泳课 |
[19:40] | And even though it’s scary to not know where you’re going, | 尽管不知道未来的方向会很害怕 |
[19:43] | with people who love you, you know you’ll be okay. | 但只要有爱你的人 你便会知道不会有事的 |
[19:46] | I made him feel beautiful. | 我令他觉得自己很美 |
[19:47] | You sure did, Bev. | 当然了 贝弗 |
[19:51] | At times, you’ll struggle to be comfortable in your own skin, | 有时 你的外表会令你很纠结 |
[19:54] | but if you look around, | 但你看看四周 |
[19:55] | you’ll find you’re in pretty great company. | 你会发现有很多同伴 |
[20:25] | Crazy awesome news — | 疯狂好消息 |
[20:27] | My barity is back in full effect. | 我的”巴善”又开始运作了 |
[20:29] | Dear god. | 我的天 |
[20:30] | How do you keep making these t-shirts so fast? | 你怎么能这么快做出这些T恤 |
[20:32] | Mom’s got iron-on decals of all our faces. | 我们的脸部照片 老妈都有熨烫法黏附图案 |
[20:35] | Check mine out. | 看我的 |
[20:36] | No, take it off! | 不 脱掉 |
[20:37] | Focus! | 别走神 |
[20:38] | I wanted to let you know I took a page out of your book, | 我想告诉你 我借鉴了你的办法 |
[20:41] | wrote a dope song to raise money for a good cause. | 写了一首超酷的歌 为慈善筹钱 |
[20:43] | Kick it, jtp. | 开始吧 JTP |
[20:47] | poverty, pollution, the world ain’t fair | 贫困 污染 世界不公平 |
[20:49] | what this planet needs is clean water and air | 地球需要的是干净水和干净空气 |
[20:52] | Jordans! | 乔丹鞋 |
[20:53] | Stop, stop, stop! | 停下 停下 |
[20:56] | That was amazing, and you definitely need to do it | 太棒了 你们一定要在 |
[20:58] | in front of the whole school. | 全校面前表演 |
[20:59] | Yes. Philanthropy, Barry wins! | 太棒了 为了慈善 巴瑞赢了 |