时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the day, | 以前 |
[00:01] | winter break was my favorite time of year. | 寒假是一年当中我最喜欢的时间 |
[00:03] | The hot cocoa, the gift-wrapping, | 热可可 礼物包装 |
[00:04] | the taste of buttery popcorn | 一边品尝黄油爆米花 |
[00:06] | as you watched your favorite holiday movie. | 一边看着最喜欢的假日电影 |
[00:08] | For me and my big bro, it was “A christmas story.” | 我和我哥 最喜欢看《圣诞故事》 |
[00:10] | For some reason, it just spoke to us. | 不知什么原因 这电影能引起我们的共鸣 |
[00:13] | The sox traded Bullfrog, the only player they got, | 红袜队用布尔福格 他们唯一的好手 |
[00:15] | for Shottenhoffen. | 换了肖腾霍芬 |
[00:16] | The Phils are trading Ryne Sandberg for Larry Bowa! | 76人队用莱恩·桑伯格换了拉里·博瓦 |
[00:20] | It’s ludicrous! | 太荒唐了 |
[00:21] | Ralphie! On the double! | 拉尔菲 赶紧的 |
[00:22] | Everybody get your asses in here! | 大家快过来 |
[00:24] | We didn’t do christmas, but we had hanukkah. | 我们不过圣诞 但我们有光明节 |
[00:27] | And that meant lots of forced family time | 这意味着很多被迫的家庭团聚时间 |
[00:29] | and eastern european foods. | 以及东欧食物 |
[00:31] | What’s that smell? | 这是什么味道 |
[00:32] | Lucky, not cool! | 幸运 这样可不好 |
[00:33] | But it wasn’t the dog. It was this. | 臭味不是狗发出的 而是这个 |
[00:35] | Stuffed cabbage time! | 菜卷时间到 |
[00:36] | Let’s go! It’s freakin’ Hanukkah! | 快点 今天是该死的光明节 |
[00:38] | Again? Didn’t we just do that? | 又来 不是刚过完吗 |
[00:40] | Yeah, last year. Go set the table. | 对 去年 快去摆盘子 |
[00:42] | A lot of people think that because there are eight nights of hanukkah, | 许多人以为 有八晚光明节 |
[00:45] | you get eight awesome presents. | 所以会有八份非常棒的礼物 |
[00:46] | Truth is, they were mostly filler. | 事实上 主要都是充数的东西 |
[00:48] | Shoelaces. | 鞋带 |
[00:49] | Batteries. | 电池 |
[00:50] | Underpants. | 内裤 |
[00:50] | I got to go. I got a thing. | 我得走了 我有事 |
[00:52] | As the days stretched on, so were the limits | 一天天过去 礼物也越来越 |
[00:54] | of what was considered a present. | 无法叫人忍受 |
[00:56] | School supplies. | 文具 |
[00:57] | Raisins. | 葡萄干 |
[00:58] | Underpants. | 内裤 |
[00:58] | I got to go. I got a thing. | 我得走了 我有事 |
[01:00] | By night 8, it was straight-up bottom of the barrel. | 到了第八晚 已经是极限了 |
[01:03] | Toothbrush. | 牙刷 |
[01:04] | Zit cream? | 痘痘膏 |
[01:05] | More underpants?! | 又是内裤 |
[01:06] | What is the deal, people?! | 搞什么啊 |
[01:07] | Zit cream isn’t a gift! It’s an insult! | 痘痘膏不是礼物 是羞辱 |
[01:10] | I’m gonna go. I got a — | 我得走了 我有 |
[01:11] | Thing. We know. You’ve got a thing. | 事 我们知道 你有事 |
[01:14] | And your new underpants are a gift for me, Barry. | 你的新内裤 是给我自己的礼物 巴瑞 |
[01:17] | Even if we didn’t have the holiday spirit, | 尽管我们没有节日精神 |
[01:19] | we tried our best to make it fun. | 但我们尽最大努力玩得开心 |
[01:20] | What the hell happened to all the sour cream? | 酸奶油怎么没有了 |
[01:22] | Adam dared me. | 亚当打赌我敢不敢 |
[01:24] | I ate it, along with the rest of the condiments. | 我吃完了 还有其他的调味品 |
[01:26] | In your face, mustards and jams! | 厉害吧 芥末和果酱 |
[01:28] | What is the one rule we have in this house, huh? | 这个家唯一的规矩是什么 |
[01:30] | No daring Barry to do stupid stuff. | 不要打赌巴瑞敢不敢做蠢事 |
[01:32] | – Why? – ’cause I have no regard for my personal well-being. | -为什么 -我根本不管自己的安危 |
[01:35] | Frankly, for us, it wasn’t the most joyous holiday, | 说实话 对我们来说 那不是最欢乐的节日 |
[01:38] | especially after visiting the christmas wonderland | 尤其是参观了克伦普家的 |
[01:40] | at the Kremps’. | 圣诞仙境后 |
[01:41] | Daisy, it’s the Goldbergs! | 黛西 金格伯家的来了 |
[01:43] | Hello, Goldbergs. | 你好 金格伯 |
[01:44] | We’ve been expecting you! | 就知道你们会来 |
[01:47] | Merry chris– holiday. | 圣…节日快乐 |
[01:50] | Winter fest. | 冬季节日 |
[01:52] | Welcome! | 欢迎 |
[01:53] | Oh, uh, Charles is out back | 查尔斯在后面 |
[01:55] | splitting wood for the yule fire. | 为圣诞火堆劈柴 |
[01:56] | Do you want to give him a hand, Murray? | 你要帮他吗 默里 |
[01:57] | He’s good. I believe in him. | 他能行的 我相信他 |
[01:59] | Can I wet your whistle with some eggnog? | 要来一杯蛋酒吗 |
[02:01] | Don’t forget your cinnamon stick. | 别忘了你的肉桂棒 |
[02:02] | Be careful — Scott is our college boy, | 小心 斯科特上大学了 |
[02:05] | and he makes a strong nog. | 他调的蛋酒劲很大 |
[02:06] | Mom? Did you finally give me that B.B. Gun I always wanted? | 妈 你终于给我买了我一直想要的汽枪吗 |
[02:08] | Oh, this is a snare drum, isn’t it?! | 这是小鼓 对吗 |
[02:10] | I told you — no peeking, okay? | 我说了 不要偷看 |
[02:12] | I want the two of you back to icing that gingerbread house. | 你们两个到后面给姜饼屋加糖衣去 |
[02:15] | Chad, put down the snare drum. | 查德 把小鼓放下 |
[02:17] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[02:18] | He gets me every year. | 他每年都能猜到 |
[02:19] | Okay, what are my eyes looking at? | 这是怎么回事 |
[02:22] | Nothing. They’re just excited for Kremp christmas. | 没什么 只是克伦普圣诞让他们很兴奋 |
[02:24] | But why are your kids here, willingly participating? | 但为什么你的孩子们这么乐意参与 |
[02:28] | – What else are they gonna do? – Seriously? | -否则他们能做什么 -没开玩笑吗 |
[02:30] | You mean to tell me you’re that good at family? | 你是要告诉我 你这么”擅长家庭”吗 |
[02:32] | Good at family? That’s not a saying. | 擅长家庭 哪有这种说法 |
[02:33] | Oh, it’s a saying, and you are good at family. | 有的 而你擅长家庭 |
[02:36] | You are good at family. | 你擅长家庭 |
[02:37] | We’re fine at family. | 我们”还行家庭” |
[02:38] | – You’re fab at family. – We’re not. | -你们”棒极了家庭” -我们不是 |
[02:39] | It’s been fun. It has. | 很开心 真的 |
[02:41] | Let’s do it again sometime. | 咱们改天再聚 |
[02:43] | Uh, but let’s not make a plan. We’ll wing it. | 但别定下来 我们到时再说 |
[02:45] | Oh, Murray, before you go, | 默里 在你走之前 |
[02:46] | I have the teensiest of favors to ask you. | 我要你帮个小小的忙 |
[02:49] | Our Santa fell through this year, | 我们的圣诞老人今年没着落 |
[02:50] | and it would just mean the world to us | 这对我们来说太重要了 |
[02:52] | if you could just pop over and hand out some gifts. | 如果你愿意帮忙 派送礼物 |
[02:56] | Thank you so much for thinking of him. | 非常感谢你想到他 |
[02:58] | He’d love to. | 他很乐意 |
[02:59] | Murray, you’ll put on the suit. | 默里 穿上 |
[03:01] | Or… | 或是 |
[03:19] | It was December 23, 1980-something — | 那是一九八几年的12月23日 |
[03:22] | Christmas vacation. | 圣诞假期 |
[03:23] | That meant my brother’s dopey friends were out of town, | 这意味着我哥的傻朋友们出门了 |
[03:25] | and I was his only playmate. | 我是他唯一的玩伴 |
[03:27] | The alone time with Barry was awesome! | 和巴瑞单独在一起的时间棒极了 |
[03:30] | It’s how we came up with | 我们就是这样想出了 |
[03:31] | our favorite brotherly game — ball ball. | 我们最爱的兄弟游戏 球球 |
[03:33] | There were hundreds of rules, but the most important | 规则可多了 但最重要的 |
[03:35] | was every time you took a shot, you had to yell… | 就是每次射门 你必须喊 |
[03:38] | Ball ball! | 球球 |
[03:38] | Ball ball! | 球球 |
[03:39] | Ball ball! | 球球 |
[03:41] | Nine points. | 9分 |
[03:42] | I win. Suck it! | 我赢了 见鬼去 |
[03:44] | Looks like the trophy is mine. | 看来奖杯是我的 |
[03:45] | Damn it! You cheated! Rematch! | 见鬼 你作弊了 再来 |
[03:47] | It was days and days of bro-ing out with Barry. | 那是一天又一天地与巴瑞做好兄弟的时候 |
[03:50] | You ready, Barry? | 你准备好了吗 巴瑞 |
[03:51] | You better be, ’cause we’re about to play some — | 最好准备好了 因为我们要玩 |
[03:53] | – Ball ball! – Ball ball! | -球球 -球球 |
[03:55] | Ball ball! | 球球 |
[03:56] | Yes! 10 points. | 太好了 10分 |
[03:57] | What the hell is this? | 这是什么情况 |
[03:59] | It’s called ball ball. | 这个叫球球 |
[04:00] | It’s this awesome game Where you throw the ball back and forth. | 把球扔来扔去的好玩游戏 |
[04:02] | I’m familiar with the game. | 我对这个游戏很熟悉 |
[04:04] | I helped invent it. | 我有份发明 |
[04:06] | I added the second “Ball.” | 第二个”球”是我加上去的 |
[04:08] | And I’m the official world champion. | 而且我是世界冠军 |
[04:11] | Yeah, we don’t recognize that federation anymore. | 我们不再认可这个联盟了 |
[04:13] | Lainey and I now play for champion of the universe! | 兰妮现在和我争夺的是宇宙冠军 |
[04:16] | I didn’t ratify these changes. | 我不认可这些改变 |
[04:18] | Adam, it’s fine. You can play. | 亚当 没事 你也可以玩 |
[04:19] | No! The ball ball he knew is over. | 不 他所知道的球球已经结束了 |
[04:22] | Plus, I wouldn’t even be able to explain | 而且 我没办法解释 |
[04:23] | all the changes we made in the past 10 minutes. | 过去10分钟我们做出的改变 |
[04:26] | Whatever. | 随便 |
[04:27] | Enjoy your stupid game. | 玩你们愚蠢的游戏吧 |
[04:29] | While I was losing Barry, | 我失去巴瑞时 |
[04:30] | my mom was gonna win over our family with a new holiday plan. | 我妈准备用新的节日计划来争取全家 |
[04:33] | Big news, everyone. | 各位 重大消息 |
[04:35] | This family’s about to experience some exciting changes | 这个假日季节 这个家要经历一些 |
[04:38] | this holiday season. | 激动人心的改变 |
[04:40] | If it costs me money, it ain’t happening. | 如果要害我花钱 就别想了 |
[04:42] | It’ll actually save you money. | 其实可以帮你省钱 |
[04:43] | It’s happening. | 那就行 |
[04:44] | …in the long run. | 长远来看 |
[04:45] | In the short run, it’ll cost way more. | 短期内 花得非常多 |
[04:47] | I just got back from the Kremps’, and guess what. | 我刚从克伦普家回来 你们猜怎样 |
[04:50] | There are people out there who actually enjoy | 外面居然有人真心享受 |
[04:53] | celebrating the holidays together. | 一起庆祝节日 |
[04:55] | Turns out, it’s not that we’re not good at family. | 原来 不是我们不擅长家庭 |
[04:59] | It’s just that we’ve been doing it all wrong. | 只是我们做错了 |
[05:02] | So this year, we’re gonna spice things up | 所以今年 我们要活跃下气氛 |
[05:05] | with a little celebration I like to call… | 来一点庆祝 我称之为 |
[05:08] | Super Hanukkah!! | 超级光明节 |
[05:11] | Mama’s jazzed, and here’s why. | 妈妈好开心 以下是原因 |
[05:13] | We’re gonna make hanukkah sizzle and pop! | 我们要让光明节过得有滋有味 |
[05:16] | We’re gonna decorate the house. | 我们要装饰房子 |
[05:17] | We’re gonna drink buttery booze milk | 我们要喝黄油似的加酒牛奶 |
[05:19] | and put all our gifts under a festive topiary together | 我们要将礼物一起放在节日树下 |
[05:23] | as one big family. | 像一个大家庭一样 |
[05:24] | So, like a… Christmas tree? | 就是说 圣诞树吗 |
[05:25] | No! A Hanukkah bush! | 不 光明节灌木 |
[05:27] | And instead of opening presents on eight separate nights, | 不再分八个晚上拆礼物 |
[05:30] | we’re gonna save ’em up and open ’em all on one night! | 我们存起来 留到一个晚上全拆开 |
[05:33] | Or one morning. | 或是一个早上 |
[05:35] | So, like… Christmas morning? | 就是说 圣诞早晨吗 |
[05:36] | No — super Hanukkah morning. | 不 超级光明节早晨 |
[05:38] | But you better not be naughty, | 但你们最好不要淘气 |
[05:39] | or else you-know-who won’t bring you any presents. | 否则那个谁就不会送你们礼物了 |
[05:42] | Santa Claus! | 圣诞老人 |
[05:43] | No! Hanukkah Harry. | 不 光明节哈利 |
[05:45] | The Jon Lovitz character from “Saturday night live”? | 《周六夜现场》里乔恩·拉威茨演的角色吗 |
[05:48] | Actually, he’s based on a real person. | 是根据真人改编的 |
[05:50] | Don’t look it up! Who has the time? | 别去查 谁有这个时间啊 |
[05:52] | Just…trust me on this. | 相信我就行了 |
[05:53] | Well, I’m all for getting this over with in one night. | 我完全赞成一晚上就了事 |
[05:55] | That’s the super Hanukkah spirit! | 这种超级光明节精神就对了 |
[05:58] | And here’s a box of lights for you to string up on the house. | 这有一盒灯 去装饰房子吧 |
[06:01] | This has now become work. | 现在变成工作了 |
[06:02] | Not work — fun. | 不是工作 是开心 |
[06:04] | Just like the Kremps have. | 就像克伦普家一样 |
[06:06] | Now get to work. | 快去做事 |
[06:07] | I mean “Fun”! | 我是说开心 |
[06:14] | And so my mom finally got | 于是我妈终于拥有了 |
[06:16] | the hanukkah she always wanted — | 她一直想要的光明节 |
[06:18] | Christmas. | 圣诞节 |
[06:19] | Do it with care. | 要带着爱心哦 |
[06:20] | One that would rival the Kremps’. | 可以与克伦普家匹敌的圣诞节 |
[06:23] | Before we knew it, | 不知不觉 |
[06:23] | we’d all been swept up in the super Hanukkah spirit. | 我们都有了超级光明节精神 |
[06:28] | And for the first time ever, | 有史以来第一次 |
[06:29] | our house wasn’t the only one on the block | 我们家不再是街上唯一一家 |
[06:31] | that didn’t have festive lights. | 没有节日灯光的房子了 |
[06:32] | Three…two…one. | 三二一 |
[06:37] | Yeah, baby! | 亲爱的 |
[06:38] | Looks expensive. | 看起来好贵 |
[06:39] | It is! Super Hanukkah! | 很贵 超级光明节 |
[06:44] | Oh my god! | 我的天 |
[06:46] | It’s like I gave you a list of stuff I wanted | 好像我给了你我想要东西的清单 |
[06:48] | and you actually bought it! | 而你真买了 |
[06:49] | Well, you made the list. I checked it twice. | 你写了单子 我看了两遍 |
[06:52] | No socks. No raisins. | 没有袜子 没有葡萄干 |
[06:54] | No underpants. | 没有内裤 |
[06:55] | Every gift under the bush is better than the last! | 灌木下的每份礼物都比以前的强 |
[06:58] | There’s more where that came from. | 还有呢 |
[07:00] | This bad boy’s from me. | 这个超棒的礼物是我送的 |
[07:01] | That’s an officially licensed key chain. | 这是官方授权的钥匙扣 |
[07:04] | Very rare. | 非常珍贵的 |
[07:05] | Stop speaking your stupid words. | 你别再说傻话了 |
[07:07] | Behold the gift Lainey got me — an eagles jersey! | 看兰妮送我的礼物 鹰队的运动衫 |
[07:10] | My dad re-tiled their training facility. | 我爸给他们的训练场重新铺了瓷砖 |
[07:12] | But the best part… | 最棒的部分 |
[07:14] | The whole team signed it! | 全队签名了 |
[07:16] | But the limit was $10! | 但礼物上限是10美元 |
[07:18] | Oh, it’s cool. I got it for free. | 没事 这个不要钱 |
[07:21] | I love you so much right now. | 我现在好爱你 |
[07:22] | This is the holiday of my dreams, | 这就是我梦想中的节日 |
[07:24] | and I don’t ever want it to end — ever! | 我不要它结束 永远不要 |
[07:28] | Ever! | 永远不要 |
[07:30] | What the hell is this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[07:31] | Super Hanukkah! | 超级光明节 |
[07:33] | And what is this music? | 这是什么歌 |
[07:35] | Neil Diamond — the voice of our people. | 尼尔·戴蒙德 唱出了我们的心声 |
[07:37] | It’s a christmas song! | 这是圣诞歌曲 |
[07:39] | My god! Is that a Christmas tree? | 我的天 这是圣诞树吗 |
[07:41] | No, it’s a Hanukkah bush. | 不 这是光明节灌木 |
[07:43] | That’s not a thing. A– | 根本没这种叫法 |
[07:44] | Oh, my lord. | 老天爷 |
[07:46] | Did you hang stockings by the chimney with care? | 你是怀着爱心把长袜挂在烟囱上的吗 |
[07:49] | Not stockings — Hanukkah socks. | 不是长袜 是光明节袜子 |
[07:52] | Ma, we’re running out of candy canes. | 妈 没有拐杖糖了 |
[07:53] | Not candy canes — | 不是拐杖糖 |
[07:55] | Peppermint J’s. | 薄荷味J |
[07:57] | Can I wet your whistle with some hanu-nog? | 要来一杯光明蛋酒吗 |
[07:59] | No! | 不 |
[08:00] | Dad, I’m just trying to spice it up, | 爸 我只想活跃下气氛 |
[08:02] | like the Kremps do. | 像克伦普家那样 |
[08:03] | They’re good at family, and now so are we. | 他们擅长家庭 现在我们也一样 |
[08:05] | Trading in your family’s tradition | 改变家庭传统 |
[08:07] | is not being good at family. | 可不是擅长家庭 |
[08:09] | I mean, what’s next? Santa Claus. | 接下来是什么 圣诞老人吗 |
[08:12] | I did the thing for the blond neighbor people. | 我是为了金发邻居才这样做的 |
[08:15] | No more. | 别想有下次 |
[08:16] | Understand? No more! | 明白吗 别想有下次 |
[08:18] | And just when pops thought it couldn’t get any worse… | 就在老爷子觉得不可能更糟糕时 |
[08:21] | – Hello! – I brought you some decorations. | -你好 -我给你拿来了装饰品 |
[08:24] | Oh, my! Oh, my. | 我的天 |
[08:27] | Your holiday is just so much more vibrant than I remember. | 你们这个节日比我印象中的有气氛多了 |
[08:30] | Well, we kicked it up a notch. | 我们提升了一个档次 |
[08:32] | No! Hanukkah only has one notch. | 不 光明节只有一个档次 |
[08:35] | Look at this! | 看这个 |
[08:36] | That’s our Hanukkah bush. | 那是我们的光明节灌木 |
[08:38] | You know, I never knew that there were so many similarities | 我从来不知道两个节日间 |
[08:40] | between our two holidays. | 有这么多相似之处 |
[08:42] | What is the story behind the Hanukkah bush, anyway? | 光明节灌木后有什么故事 |
[08:44] | Yeah, bevy. What is the story? | 对 贝弗 有什么故事 |
[08:46] | I mean, obviously, there’s a rich cultural significance. | 显然这是有丰富的文化意义的 |
[08:51] | Otherwise, why would you do this to me? | 否则 你为什么要这样对我 |
[08:53] | Well, the Maccabees only had enough oil for one night, | 马加比家族的油只够点一个晚上 |
[08:57] | and it was a miracle. | 这是个奇迹 |
[08:59] | And another miracle… | 另一个奇迹 |
[09:01] | Was the finding of the bush in the temple basement. | 就是在寺庙地下室找到了灌木 |
[09:05] | And they decorated it with…festive tchotchkes. | 他们用节日的小玩意儿来装饰它 |
[09:09] | So interesting. | 真有意思 |
[09:10] | Where’d they find the tchotchkes? | 他们在哪里找到的小玩意儿 |
[09:11] | In their pockets. | 在他们在口袋里 |
[09:13] | Tchotchke pockets. They were potchkes. | 小玩意儿口袋 小玩袋 |
[09:15] | You forgot the part where aquaman swam to egypt | 你忘了说潜水侠游往埃及 |
[09:19] | and parted the red sea with his fish friends | 和他的鱼儿朋友们以及海豚摩西 |
[09:22] | and Moses the porpoise. | 分开了红海 |
[09:24] | Okay, that’s enough. You’re being ridiculous. | 够了 你真是太荒唐了 |
[09:26] | I’m ridiculous?! | 我荒唐 |
[09:28] | I’ll show you who’s ridiculous. | 让你看看谁荒唐 |
[09:31] | You’ll see. | 走着瞧 |
[09:33] | You’ll see! | 走着瞧 |
[09:34] | Well, that was the traditional re-enactment | 这就是传统的情景再现 |
[09:38] | of the storming out of the land of egypt… | 潜水侠愤而离开 |
[09:41] | By Aquaman. | 埃及 |
[09:45] | As the holiday break war on, | 节日战争开始 |
[09:47] | Lainey continued to edge me out | 兰妮继续把我排挤出 |
[09:49] | of my holiday traditions with Barry. | 我和巴瑞的节日传统 |
[09:50] | She even edged me off the couch. | 她甚至把我挤下了沙发 |
[09:55] | Stop shifting in the beanbag. | 别在豆袋椅上乱动 |
[09:57] | Lainey and I are trying to watch our favorite movie here. | 兰妮和我要看我们最喜欢的电影 |
[09:59] | Your favorite movie?! | 你们最喜欢的电影 |
[10:00] | It’s supposed to be our favorite movie. | 这应该是我们最喜欢的电影 |
[10:02] | Well, it’s been re-favorited. | 重新最喜欢了 |
[10:03] | That’s not even a word. | 根本没这种说法 |
[10:04] | There’s no way to know. | 无从得知 |
[10:05] | You know what? Fudge both you guys! | 知道吗 你俩软糖去吧 |
[10:08] | And you’ve seen the movie, so you know what that means! | 你看过这部电影 你知道这是什么意思 |
[10:14] | Dude, wait. What’s your deal? | 等等 你是怎么回事 |
[10:16] | Did I do something wrong? | 我做错了什么吗 |
[10:17] | Oh, look at you, acting all foxy and innocent. | 看你 扮美丽扮无辜 |
[10:19] | I’m onto you, lady. | 我清楚你的把戏 女士 |
[10:21] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[10:21] | This is the only time all year | 一年中就这个时候 |
[10:23] | that Barry’s actually nice to me. | 巴瑞对我好 |
[10:25] | But then you crashed our movie and stole ball ball | 但你挤进来看电影 偷走了球球 |
[10:27] | and ruined everything. | 毁了一切 |
[10:29] | I didn’t mean to, okay? | 我不是故意的 |
[10:30] | I’d never get between two brothers. | 我不会破坏兄弟关系的 |
[10:32] | Again. It happened once at summer camp. | 再也不会 就夏令营时有一次 |
[10:34] | There were these hot twins, and — | 一对帅哥双胞胎 |
[10:35] | It’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[10:36] | I’ll just give you and Barry some time alone. | 我让你和巴瑞单独在一起 |
[10:38] | Y-you’d do that for me? | 你会为我这样做吗 |
[10:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:40] | I think it’s really cute that you love your big brother. | 我觉得你爱你哥哥是件非常好的事 |
[10:42] | I’d never get in the way of that. | 我不会妨碍你的 |
[10:43] | Have fun with Barry. Tell him I’ll see him tomorrow. | 和巴瑞玩得开心 告诉他我们明天见 |
[10:45] | Thanks for being so curvy and understanding. | 感谢你这么有身材 这么体谅人 |
[10:47] | Hey, no problem. | 别客气 |
[10:48] | Wait — what? | 等等 什么 |
[10:49] | Nothing! See ya. | 没什么 回见 |
[10:53] | Guess who made caramel corn. | 猜谁做了焦糖爆米花 |
[10:54] | Move! That seat is saved for Laineys only. | 走开 这位子是兰妮的 |
[10:57] | Actually, she had to bail, | 她得离开 |
[10:58] | but now we get to watch “A christmas story” together, | 现在我们可以一起看《圣诞故事》了 |
[11:00] | like we always do. | 就像以前一样 |
[11:01] | Nyeh. I’ve seen it a billion times. | 不 我看过无数次了 |
[11:03] | Wait! Wait! Where you going? | 等等 你去哪里 |
[11:05] | Lainey’s. I miss her laugh. | 兰妮家 我想念她的笑 |
[11:07] | That’s very sweet and angering! | 太甜蜜太令人生气了 |
[11:09] | See? You get it. Bye, nerd. | 瞧 你明白 再见 呆子 |
[11:12] | Don’t leave me! Come back! | 别扔下我 回来 |
[11:14] | In that moment, I decided to get Barry to stay | 在那一刻 我决定让巴瑞留下 |
[11:17] | by breaking the one cardinal rule in our house — | 用打破家里最基本规矩的办法 |
[11:19] | Never dare Barry Goldberg. | 不要打赌巴瑞·金伯格敢不敢 |
[11:22] | Wait! | 等等 |
[11:23] | You could go see Lainey, | 你可以去见兰妮 |
[11:25] | or you could accept my double dog dare. | 或是接受我的打赌 |
[11:27] | Tell me what it is, and I’ll do it right now. | 告诉我是什么 我马上做 |
[11:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:30] | You’ll be way too afraid of this one. | 这个会令你非常害怕 |
[11:32] | Impossible! I was born without the fear gene. | 不可能 我生来就没有害怕基因 |
[11:34] | It’s a medical miracle. Ask any doctor. | 这是医学奇迹 随便问一个医生 |
[11:36] | Okay. It’s on. | 好的 赌了 |
[11:38] | Grab your jacket. | 拿上你的外套 |
[11:39] | Dare complete. I win. | 我敢 我赢了 |
[11:40] | Yeah, that’s not the dare. | 打赌的不是这个 |
[11:42] | Follow me to the tetherball pole. | 跟我到绳球杆那里 |
[11:44] | While I was trying to spend time with my brother, | 我想和我哥一起玩时 |
[11:46] | my mom was having the time of her life | 我妈正享受着这辈子最开心的时光 |
[11:48] | with her made-up holiday. | 过着她瞎掰的节日 |
[11:50] | Lucky! Stop it! | 幸运 别这样 |
[11:52] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[11:53] | Have you been wearing that santa suit all day? | 你一整天都穿着圣诞老人的衣服吗 |
[11:55] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[11:56] | Turns out these pants keep the fellas warm and toasty. | 原来这裤子很暖和很舒服 |
[11:59] | And the girl at wawa — she gave me a free lotto ticket. | 哇哇店的女生 送了张彩票给我 |
[12:02] | People love Santa Claus! | 大家爱圣诞老人 |
[12:05] | Who knew? | 谁知道呢 |
[12:05] | I think everyone. | 所有人都知道 |
[12:06] | And a Merry Hanukkah to you and yours! | 祝大家光明节快乐 |
[12:10] | Dad, what are you doing? | 爸 你这是做什么 |
[12:11] | What’s it look like? | 看起来是做什么 |
[12:12] | I’m handing out goodies for the holiday. | 我在派发节日的好东西 |
[12:15] | If you’re trying to be Hanukkah Harry | 如果你想扮光明节哈利 |
[12:16] | to rub it in my face, you’ve got it all wrong. | 让我难堪 那你就做错了 |
[12:18] | No. I’m Hanu-claus. | 不 我是光明老人 |
[12:21] | I’m mashing two words together to make one offensive one, | 我把两个词混在一起 组成了讨厌的一个词 |
[12:24] | just like you do. | 像你做的那样 |
[12:25] | Now, who wants presents? | 现在 谁要礼物 |
[12:28] | Me, Hanu-claus! | 我 光明老人 |
[12:29] | Then prepare yourselves | 那就准备好 |
[12:31] | as I dole out gifts from my sack of shame. | 我从羞愧袋中慢慢拿礼物 |
[12:34] | No! Guilt has no place in our people’s holiday. | 不 我们的节日里是没有内疚的 |
[12:37] | Shame on you. I hope you feel guilty. | 你太无耻了 希望你觉得内疚 |
[12:39] | Look! It’s your great-grandpa Samuel Solomon. | 看 这是你的曾外祖父 塞缪尔·所罗门 |
[12:43] | He crossed Poland with $2 in his shoe | 他穿过波兰 鞋中只有两美元 |
[12:46] | so his traditions could live on here in america — | 这样他的传统可以在美国传承下去 |
[12:50] | Only for you to dismantle his dream. | 只为了让你毁掉他的梦想 |
[12:53] | Fun! | 开心 |
[12:54] | I don’t like Hanu-claus. | 我不喜欢光明老人 |
[12:55] | And what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[12:57] | This jar stores all the traditions | 这个瓶子里全是 |
[12:58] | you’ve passed down to your children. | 你要传给孩子们的传统 |
[13:00] | But it’s empty. | 但是空的 |
[13:02] | And look! | 看 |
[13:03] | Why, it’s a button — from the sweatshop | 是颗扣子 来自于血汗工厂 |
[13:06] | your grandmother worked in to put food on our table, | 你奶奶在里面工作 为了把食物放在我们的桌上 |
[13:09] | even though we didn’t have a table. | 尽管我们没有桌子 |
[13:11] | You had a table, Al. | 你有桌子 老艾 |
[13:13] | It wobbled! | 摇晃的桌子 |
[13:14] | My god. | 我的天 |
[13:15] | There’s like 20 more super-sad things in here. | 里面好像还有20件更伤心的东西 |
[13:18] | And we’re going through them all — | 我们会一样样看 |
[13:20] | Every last depressing one of them. | 每一个令人压抑的东西 |
[13:23] | Fun! | 开心 |
[13:24] | As pops was trying to put an end to my mom’s new traditions, | 老爷子想终结妈妈的新传统时 |
[13:27] | I was trying to get back at Barry for ruining ours. | 我要报复巴瑞 因为他毁了我们的传统 |
[13:32] | Go on. Do it already. | 来啊 快去 |
[13:33] | Oh, I will do it. | 我会的 |
[13:35] | I’ve stuck my tongue to tons of different things. | 我用舌头舔过各种东西 |
[13:37] | You’re stalling. | 你在拖时间 |
[13:38] | Come on. | 快点 |
[13:39] | I triple dog dare you. | 我三倍赌你不敢 |
[13:41] | There it was, the coup de grace of all dares — | 就是这个 赌你敢不敢的致命一击 |
[13:44] | The sinister triple dog dare. | 阴险的三倍赌 |
[13:47] | Barry had no choice but to accept. | 巴瑞没有选择 只能接受 |
[13:49] | No fear! | 不害怕 |
[13:56] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[13:57] | You ain’t going nowhere, bro. | 你哪里也别想去 哥哥 |
[14:01] | You’ve been ignoring me all week, but no more! | 你已经无视我一周了 别再想了 |
[14:04] | Looks like you’ll be hanging out with your little brother, | 看来你只能和弟弟在一起玩了 |
[14:06] | like it or not. | 不管你愿不愿意 |
[14:12] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:18] | Original version? | 原来的版本吗 |
[14:39] | As Barry and I were airing our grievances, | 巴瑞和我发泄我们的不满时 |
[14:41] | pops had decided to sing his. | 老爷子决定唱歌 |
[14:44] | On the fifth day of hanukkah, my daughter said to me | 光明节第五天 我女儿对我说 |
[14:49] | five backs a-stabbing | 五个背后捅刀子 |
[14:51] | four neglected customs | 四个被忽视的风俗 |
[14:53] | three sellout children | 三个背叛的孩子 |
[14:54] | two shameful parents | 两个可耻的家长 |
[14:56] | and she spit in my face, too | 她把口水吐在我的脸上 |
[15:00] | put down the banjo, dad. We get the point. | 放下班卓琴 爸 我们知道你的意思 |
[15:02] | O hanukkah bush, o hanukkah bush | 光明节灌木 光明节灌木 |
[15:06] | you crap all over our culture | 你毁了我们的文化 |
[15:09] | everyone! | 大家一起来 |
[15:10] | Okay, this was fun for a bit, | 有那么一会儿挺好玩的 |
[15:12] | and then it got sad, and now it’s just bonkers. | 然后变得可悲 现在已经是疯狂了 |
[15:14] | Give it to me. Give me the banjo. | 给我 把班卓琴给我 |
[15:16] | No! | 不 |
[15:16] | Just give her the banjo, Al! | 把班卓琴给她 老艾 |
[15:18] | – No! – Give it! | -不 -给我 |
[15:19] | Give her the damn banjo, Al! | 把班卓琴给她 老艾 |
[15:21] | Give it! | 给我 |
[15:21] | Watch the candles! | 小心蜡烛 |
[15:27] | My Hanukkah tree! | 我的光明节树 |
[15:29] | My…christmas bush! Whatever! | 我的圣诞灌木 随便啦 |
[15:31] | – Murray, do something! – Move! | -默里 快想办法 -让开 |
[15:37] | Are you happy now? | 你现在开心了吗 |
[15:38] | You ruined super Hanukkah! | 你毁了超级光明节 |
[15:40] | How can I ruin something that’s not even real? | 我怎么能毁掉根本不存在的东西 |
[15:47] | Interesting tradition there. | 真有趣的传统 |
[15:49] | Can we come over and hear all about it? | 我们可以过来听听吗 |
[15:51] | What exactly does all this symbolize? | 这些象征了什么 |
[15:54] | We suck at family, okay? Is that what you want to hear? | 我们”差劲家庭” 这是你想听的吗 |
[15:57] | You don’t suck at all, but we do. | 你不差劲 但我们是 |
[15:59] | We, like… Suck butt…at family. | 我们是差劲死的家庭 |
[16:04] | The big suck. | 差劲死了 |
[16:07] | Yeah! | 是的 |
[16:10] | We do. | 是的 |
[16:14] | It was hour two on the pole. | 在柱上第二个小时 |
[16:16] | It was freezing, but nothing could thaw | 冷死了 但没什么可以融解 |
[16:18] | the tension between me and Barry. | 我和巴瑞间的紧张感 |
[17:37] | I’ve raised morons. | 我养了白痴 |
[17:40] | That’s the thing about family. | 家人就是这样 |
[17:42] | Even though you my not say it clearly, | 尽管也许你没有说出来 |
[17:44] | you know in your heart | 但你心里知道 |
[17:45] | they’ll always be there for you. | 他们总是会在你身边支持你 |
[17:48] | There any room for me? | 有我的位置吗 |
[17:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[17:51] | And sometimes you just have to accept | 有时候你必须接受 |
[17:53] | that there’s enough love to go around. | 身边爱意满满 |
[17:56] | You guys have some good brother time? | 你们两兄弟玩得开心吗 |
[17:58] | It was all right. | 还行 |
[18:03] | ‘Cause being good at family wasnt’ about | 因为”擅长家庭”重点不在于 |
[18:05] | making the old holiday sizzle and pop. | 让古老的节日有滋有味 |
[18:07] | It was about remembering | 而是记住 |
[18:09] | why the holiday was important in the first place. | 为什么这个节日在一开始重要的原因 |
[18:12] | Hey, dad. | 爸 |
[18:12] | What you got there? | 这是什么 |
[18:15] | Mom’s locket. | 妈妈的吊坠 |
[18:16] | Never saw this picture of me and her before. | 以前没见过这张合影 |
[18:21] | She looks…so happy. | 她看起来好开心 |
[18:24] | Oh, she was. | 她是很开心 |
[18:26] | It was your first Hanukkah. | 这是你的第一个光明节 |
[18:28] | Meant the world to her. | 对她来说意义太重大了 |
[18:30] | Dad, I’m sorry. I guess I just got carried away. | 爸 对不起 我想我失去理智了 |
[18:33] | I think it’s safe to say we both did. | 我们两个都一样 |
[18:35] | All I wanted was to be good at family, you know? | 我只想要擅长家庭 |
[18:37] | And you are, Bev. | 你很擅长 贝弗 |
[18:39] | But part of being good at family | 但擅长家庭的一部分 |
[18:41] | is knowing where you came from. | 是知道自己的根本 |
[18:50] | Thanks, dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[18:59] | Ginzy? You okay? | 尼亚 你还好吗 |
[19:01] | Yeah. | 还好 |
[19:02] | Yeah, all good. | 很好 |
[19:05] | Even though everything’s poop. | 尽管所有东西都见鬼了 |
[19:07] | It’s all poop, Bev — all of it. | 全见鬼了 贝弗 所有的 |
[19:08] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[19:11] | You’re good at family! Remember? | 你擅长家庭 记得吗 |
[19:13] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[19:14] | Scott gave Daisy some nog. | 斯科特给黛西喝了蛋酒 |
[19:16] | Now I have to get my rugs cleaned. | 现在要清洁地毯 |
[19:18] | Steve shot Drew with the stupid B.B. Gun, | 史蒂夫用汽枪射中了德鲁 |
[19:19] | and Charles burnt the ham. | 查尔斯烤焦了火腿 |
[19:21] | Now we don’t even have christmas dinner. | 现在连圣诞晚餐都没了 |
[19:22] | In that moment, my mom realized | 那一刻 我妈意识到 |
[19:25] | the Kremps were no better at family than us | 克伦普家不比我们更擅长家庭 |
[19:27] | and there was no such thing as a perfect holiday. | 根本没有完美节日这回事 |
[19:30] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[19:32] | I know a place. | 我知道一个地方 |
[19:43] | Who even knew restaurants were open today? | 谁会知道今天餐厅还开门 |
[19:45] | We knew. | 我们知道 |
[19:46] | Chinese on Christmas — it’s kind of our thing. | 圣诞节吃中餐 是我们的传统 |
[19:50] | Learn something new every day, right? | 每天都能学到新东西 |
[19:53] | Sure do. | 当然 |
[19:54] | So, this was our Christmas story. | 这就是我们的圣诞故事 |
[19:56] | It for sure doesn’t look like yours, | 肯定和你们的圣诞故事不同 |
[19:58] | but it’s not about how or what you celebrate. | 重点不是如何庆祝以及庆祝什么 |
[20:01] | It’s who you celebrate with. | 而是你和谁一起庆祝 |
[20:04] | And, yeah, ours was crazy. | 没错 我们的节日很疯狂 |
[20:06] | Oh, geez! | 老天 |
[20:07] | But it was awesome. | 但棒极了 |
[20:18] | That’s a great present. | 好棒的礼物 |
[20:20] | Chet, what do you have there? What is that? | 查德 你的是什么 这是什么 |
[20:22] | Let me look. | 让我看看 |
[20:24] | Dude, check this out! | 伙计 快看 |
[20:26] | Sit! Sit! | 坐下 坐下 |
[20:27] | You want to have your christmas present? | 你要你的圣诞礼物吗 |
[20:33] | A card! | 贺卡 |
[20:35] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[20:37] | It’s the eighth day of Hanukkah. | 今天是光明节第八天 |
[20:38] | Figure I’d save the best for last. | 我想把最好的留到最后 |
[20:39] | Well, I love it. | 我好喜欢 |
[20:41] | But you know what present I’d really love? | 但你知道我最喜欢什么礼物吗 |
[20:44] | A snuggie from my biggest boy. | 我大儿子的抱抱 |
[20:46] | Yeah, not gonna happen. | 不可能 |
[20:46] | Not even if I dare you? | 打赌你敢不敢也不可能吗 |
[20:48] | Oh, god. Don’t do this. | 老天 别这样做 |
[20:50] | Triple dog dare! | 三倍打赌你敢不敢 |
[20:52] | You’ll regret ever challenging me. | 你会后悔挑战我的 |
[20:54] | Take these snuggies! | 把抱抱拿去吧 |
[20:55] | Take ’em! | 拿去 |
[20:56] | Barry wins at everything. | 巴瑞什么都能赢 |
[20:57] | That’s right, honey. You win. | 是的 亲爱的 你赢了 |
[20:59] | Barry wins at everything! | 巴瑞什么都能赢 |