时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Back in the ’80s, game shows ruled the tv. | 八十年代 电视是游戏节目的天下 |
[00:02] | There was “Pyramid,” “Wheel of fortune,” | 金字塔 命运之轮 |
[00:04] | “Jeopardy!”, and “The newlywed game.” | 危机边缘 新婚者游戏 |
[00:06] | But to us kids, none came close to “Double dare.” | 对我们孩子来说 没什么比得上《你能我也能》 |
[00:09] | It was the world’s best game show, | 这是世上最棒的游戏节目 |
[00:10] | filled with trivia, physical challenges, | 有知识问答 体能挑战 |
[00:12] | and host Marc Summers, | 还有主持人马克·萨莫斯 |
[00:14] | who managed to smile even when his nice suits got messy. | 在西装被弄脏时也能保持笑容 |
[00:17] | Idiots! | 白痴 |
[00:18] | The flag is under the giant pad of butter! | 旗子在黄油垫下面 |
[00:21] | Always look under the butter. | 一定要在黄油垫下找 |
[00:22] | If we ever get on this show, | 如果我们能上这个节目 |
[00:23] | imagine all the prizes we’d win. | 想象下我们会赢得什么奖品 |
[00:25] | We’d be strutting around in our brand-new british knights, | 穿着崭新的英国骑士鞋到处威风 |
[00:27] | jammin’ out to our panasonic portable sound system, | 听着咱们的松下便携式音响 |
[00:29] | as we chow down on a year’s supply of Chef boyardee. | 一边吃着免费一年的主厨伯狄罐头意面 |
[00:33] | It’s all our dreams wrapped into one. | 我们所有的梦想集中在一起了 |
[00:35] | But the coolest part — it was filmed in Philly, | 最棒的是 节目在费城录制 |
[00:37] | which meant one thing. | 这意味着一件事 |
[00:38] | All right. Shut your giggle holes. | 好了 别傻笑了 |
[00:40] | I have two announcements. | 有两件事要宣布 |
[00:42] | First, whoever wrote my phone number in the boys’ bathroom | 首先 谁把我的电话号码写在男厕所里 |
[00:46] | will be found. | 会查出来的 |
[00:47] | I called and asked if his refrigerator was running. | 我打去问他的冰箱是不是好的 |
[00:50] | It wasn’t, so it ended up being sad. | 结果不是 大家变得很伤心 |
[00:52] | Second, some game show called “Double dare” | 第二 一个叫《你能我也能》的游戏节目 |
[00:55] | is holding auditions at our school, | 会在咱们学校海选 |
[00:57] | and two of you will be picked to be on their show. | 你们中的两个人会被选上参加 |
[00:59] | Now let’s get those bodies tv-ready. | 现在大家为拍电视准备起来 |
[01:03] | Dude, this is seriously the best day of my life, | 兄弟 这是我生命中最棒的一天 |
[01:05] | and I once got mistaken for | 我可是有次被错认为是 |
[01:06] | Mary Lou Retton. | 玛丽·卢·雷顿[体操女将] |
[01:07] | Dorothy Hamill. | 桃乐茜·海弥尔[花滑女将] |
[01:08] | We’re actually gonna be on “Double dare.” | 我们真的要上《你能我也能》了 |
[01:10] | You two so have this in the bag. | 你俩是十拿九稳的 |
[01:14] | Bro, you don’t have a prayer. | 兄弟 你根本没戏 |
[01:15] | Shut up, Dave Kim. This face was made for tv. | 闭嘴 金戴夫 这张脸生来就是要上电视的 |
[01:18] | But that voice — youch. | 但听你的声音 妈呀 |
[01:20] | You two can’t compete with handsome Ben. | 你俩根本不是帅哥本的对手 |
[01:23] | He was right. | 他是对的 |
[01:24] | We all had one growing up — | 成长过程中大家都有一个 |
[01:25] | The vicious rival who always won. | 总是会胜出的邪恶对手 |
[01:27] | – Who always beats you out for class president? – Handsome Ben. | -竞选班长谁总是赢你 -帅哥本 |
[01:30] | – And who always gets the lead in the musical? – Handsome Ben. | -谁总是在音乐剧中主演 -帅哥本 |
[01:32] | – Who was first in line to see “temple of doom”? – Handsome Ben. | -看《夺宝奇兵2》时谁坐第一排 -帅哥本 |
[01:35] | You had to sit in the second row, | 你得坐在第二排 |
[01:38] | like a chump. | 像个笨蛋一样 |
[01:40] | Fine! You’re right! He wins every time. | 好了 你是对的 他总是赢 |
[01:42] | But this will be different. | 但这次不同 |
[01:43] | Will it? | 会吗 |
[01:44] | Look at him. | 看他 |
[01:45] | Hey, A.G. Hey, Dave Kim. | 亚金 金戴夫 |
[01:47] | – Hi, Ben. – Hey, buddy. | -本 -伙计 |
[01:50] | You’re right. He’s amazing. | 你说得对 他太棒了 |
[01:51] | My only real shot is to win over the producers | 我唯一能让制作人青睐的机会 |
[01:53] | by picking a partner that’ll make me stand out. | 就是选一个令我引人注目的搭档 |
[01:56] | Perhaps someone like… | 也许选 |
[01:57] | “Cute Dave Kim.” | 可爱的金戴夫 |
[01:58] | No one calls you that. | 没人这样叫你 |
[02:00] | I was thinking pops. | 我想的是老爷子 |
[02:01] | Your grandfather? | 你的外公 |
[02:02] | Nothing wins people over more than an adorable old man. | 没什么比可爱的老人家更能收买人心的 |
[02:06] | Handsome Ben is going down. | 帅哥本要失败了 |
[02:08] | Kid won’t know what hit him. | 他不知道什么冲他而来 |
[02:24] | It was fall 1980-something, | 那是一九八几年的秋天 |
[02:26] | and Barry and my dad were sitting down | 巴瑞和我爸坐下来 |
[02:27] | to what they did every sunday — | 做每个周天会做的事 |
[02:29] | – Watch the Eagles… – Go, baby, go, baby, go! | -看鹰队的比赛 -上啊 亲爱的 |
[02:31] | – …For better or worse. – Fumble?! No! | -不论好坏 -漏接 不 |
[02:33] | That’s it. Season’s over. | 够了 赛季结束了 |
[02:35] | – It’s the first game of the year. – They already blew it. | -这才是第一场比赛 -他们已经砸了 |
[02:37] | We got to fire the coach | 我们得炒掉教练 |
[02:38] | and start thinking about next year. | 开始考虑新的赛季 |
[02:39] | Whenever they’d watch, my dad would turn on the team, | 他们观战时 我爸会臭骂球队 |
[02:42] | while my brother was hopelessly positive. | 我哥则是无可救药的乐观 |
[02:44] | Look, all we need is a turnover, a touchdown, | 我们需要的只是一次攻守交换 一次触地得分 |
[02:46] | a 2-point conversion, an onside kick, | 两分附加得分 一个到位开球 |
[02:48] | and two more touchdowns. | 再来两次触地得分 |
[02:49] | Or 12 safeties. | 或是12个中卫 |
[02:51] | Turn it off! I can’t take it anymore. | 关掉 我受不了了 |
[02:53] | And they each handled an eagles loss in their own special way. | 两人都用自己特有的方式应对鹰队输球 |
[02:56] | Hey, buddy. Got you a new burger flipper. | 伙计 给你拿了个新的汉堡铲 |
[02:58] | I noticed your old spatula was a little worse for wear. | 我注意到你原来那个已经旧了 |
[03:01] | Look at you. Always so damn nice, huh? | 瞧你 总是这么好 |
[03:04] | Well, I’m sick of it. | 我受够了 |
[03:05] | Lashing out because the Eagles lost? | 鹰队输了火气大吗 |
[03:07] | And I’m sick of your face. | 我受够你的脸了 |
[03:08] | I’ll just leave this and go. | 我放下走人 |
[03:10] | I will kill you with this spatula, | 我会用这把小铲杀了你 |
[03:12] | you thoughtful, thoughtful man! | 你这个考虑周到的人 |
[03:14] | As for my brother, an Eagles loss meant | 对我哥来说 鹰队输球意味着 |
[03:16] | several heartbroken days of utter depression. | 几天彻底郁闷的伤心日子 |
[03:19] | Hey. Hugh Hefner. Cover your downstairs stuff. | 花花公子老爷子 把你下面遮住 |
[03:21] | You’re in school, not the grotto. | 你在学校 不是在山洞 |
[03:23] | The Eagles lost. | 鹰队输了 |
[03:26] | Take the day. | 休息一天 |
[03:27] | Make room, everybody! Eagles fan coming through! | 大家让开 鹰队粉过来了 |
[03:30] | Thankfully, a new week meant a new chance | 好在 新的一周意味着新的机会 |
[03:32] | for my dad and bro to help the eagles win — | 让我爸和我哥帮助鹰队获胜 |
[03:34] | Through a series of crazy superstitions. | 通过一系列疯狂的迷信做法 |
[03:36] | Let’s get this going. | 开始 |
[03:37] | I got on my good-luck jersey and underpants. | 我穿上了幸运球衣和内裤 |
[03:39] | Now time for some pregame cabbage patching | 是时候来点赛前推磨舞了 |
[03:41] | To supercharge our good luck. | 以此带来好运 |
[03:43] | Even if the superstitions | 哪怕这些迷信 |
[03:44] | breached the boundary of common sense. | 完全不在正常范畴内 |
[03:46] | Do it better! The Eagles need us! | 用点心 鹰队需要我们 |
[03:48] | Or any sense at all. | 没任何道理可言 |
[03:49] | Who wants some double-cheesy nachos? | 谁要双倍芝士的玉米片 |
[03:51] | Stop where you’re at! | 别过来 |
[03:52] | Mom, you know the rules! | 妈 你知道规矩 |
[03:53] | Once you step foot on the den floor, the Eagles will lose. | 你一踩到地板上 鹰队就会输 |
[03:56] | What happens in this house has no impact on the game. | 这个家里发生的事对比赛没有影响 |
[03:59] | That is adorable. | 这想法太可爱了 |
[04:00] | I am not bad luck. | 我不是灾星 |
[04:02] | Would you just stop with this already? | 你们别这样了好吗 |
[04:04] | What happened the first sunday after we got married, | 我们婚后第一个星期天 |
[04:06] | when you insisted on watching the game with me? | 你坚持和我一起看比赛 结果呢 |
[04:08] | They lost by six stupid touchdowns. | 对方六次触地得分赢了他们 |
[04:11] | Just come and get your nachos. | 过来拿走你们的玉米片 |
[04:12] | Mom, you know the rules. | 妈 你知道规矩 |
[04:13] | Once the game starts, we can’t move from our spot. | 比赛一旦开始 我们就不能从位子上离开 |
[04:16] | Now truck it over on the animal. | 用怪物卡车运过来 |
[04:17] | This ’80s toy monster truck was their typical lifeline, | 八十年代的怪物卡车是他们特有的救命稻草 |
[04:20] | mostly due to its retractable claws for stability. | 主要因为其用于稳定的可伸缩爪 |
[04:24] | The claws did nothing! | 爪子根本没用 |
[04:25] | Stay back! Don’t clean it up! | 别过来 别打扫 |
[04:27] | There’s hot cheese on my rug! | 我的地毯上有热芝士 |
[04:29] | That’s its home now! | 现在是它的家了 |
[04:30] | She jinxed us! | 她触了霉头 |
[04:32] | Do your idiot dance! | 快跳你的白痴舞 |
[04:37] | Pops, I have amazing news! | 老爷子 我有个天大的好消息 |
[04:39] | You’re gonna be my partner on “double dare”! | 你将是我《你能我也能》的搭档 |
[04:41] | That’s the best news I’ve heard all day. | 这是我一天里听到的最好的消息 |
[04:43] | Also, what’s “double dare”? | 还有 什么是《你能我也能》 |
[04:45] | Only the country’s hottest game show. | 全国最热门的游戏节目 |
[04:48] | You love game shows, right? | 你喜欢游戏节目对吗 |
[04:49] | You bet. | 那是当然 |
[04:50] | That Vanna White sure can turn a letter. | 范纳·怀特真会翻字母[命运之轮游戏] |
[04:54] | Don’t say any of that at our audition. | 海选时别说这些 |
[04:56] | In fact, leave all the talking to me. | 事实上 你别说话 |
[04:58] | You sure you don’t want to do this with one of your little friends? | 你确定不想和你的朋友一起去吗 |
[05:01] | Nah. She’ll understand. | 不 她会理解的 |
[05:03] | You punched me in the heart! | 你打中了我的心 |
[05:05] | You’re picking your grandfather over me? Seriously? | 你选你外公不选我 真的吗 |
[05:08] | You know it’s been my dream to go on “double dare.” | 你知道参加《你能我也能》是我的梦想 |
[05:10] | It’s selfish of you not to support that. | 你不支持真是太自私了 |
[05:12] | How am I the weak link? | 我怎么会是弱的那个 |
[05:14] | You got flat feet and a lazy eye. | 你是平足兼弱视 |
[05:16] | That “double dare” human-hamster wheel will eat you alive. | 节目里的仓鼠轮会要了你的命 |
[05:19] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[05:20] | This is the only way | 这是我唯一 |
[05:21] | I can beat my lifelong rival, handsome Ben. | 能战胜终身对手帅哥本的办法 |
[05:23] | Dude, you’re not his rival. It’s totally one-sided. | 伙计 你根本不是他的对手 人家一边倒赢你 |
[05:26] | Oh, yeah? Watch this. | 是吗 看着 |
[05:28] | Hey, Ben. | 本 |
[05:29] | ‘Sup, Adam? | 什么事 亚当 |
[05:30] | Good luck at the “double dare” tryouts. | 祝你在《你能我也能》选拔中好运 |
[05:31] | I hope you get it. | 希望你能选上 |
[05:34] | Stupid, generous handsome Ben. | 愚蠢大方的帅哥本 |
[05:36] | Well, I don’t need you. | 好吧 我不需要你 |
[05:38] | I’m gonna make it on the show and win, | 我会选上参加节目而且会赢 |
[05:39] | and I won’t save any slime for you! | 一点泥也不留给你 |
[05:42] | Is that a new trapper keeper, Adam? | 这是新的文件夹吗 亚当 |
[05:44] | Sweet. | 真不错 |
[05:45] | Just got it. Thanks. | 刚买的 谢谢 |
[05:48] | I will bury you. | 我会埋了你 |
[05:49] | While I was plotting to beat my lifelong rival, | 我计划战胜我的终生对手时 |
[05:52] | my mom had plotted a way into the den. | 我妈在想办法进入房间 |
[05:55] | What — what is this? What are you doing? | 这是什么 你做什么 |
[05:57] | Don’t worry. I’m not touching the floor. | 别担心 我不碰地板 |
[05:58] | I’m just gonna bust some dust and be on my way. | 我吸下尘就走 |
[06:02] | Poop! | 该死的 |
[06:03] | – Bevy, please! Come on! – Dear lord, no! | -贝弗 拜托 -老天 不 |
[06:04] | And then something crazy happened. | 然后疯狂的事发生了 |
[06:07] | The Eagles intercepted the moment my mom stepped on the floor. | 我妈踩上地板时 鹰队拦截成功 |
[06:11] | And as soon as she left… | 她一离开 |
[06:12] | – Come on! – Are you kidding? | -不是吧 -开玩笑吗 |
[06:13] | …The Eagles fumbled. | 鹰队漏接了 |
[06:15] | Dude. Did you see that? | 伙计 你看到了吗 |
[06:17] | When mom was in here, the Eagles kicked butt. | 妈在这里时 鹰队痛扁对手 |
[06:20] | The second she left, the Eagles sucked butt. | 她一离开 鹰队就被对手扁 |
[06:22] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[06:22] | Do you think mom’s good luck? | 你觉得妈会带来好运吗 |
[06:24] | No. It’s just a dumb coincidence. | 不 那只是巧合罢了 |
[06:26] | Only one way to find out. | 只有一个办法知道 |
[06:28] | What the hell?! | 做什么 |
[06:30] | Shut up. Shut up. | 别说 别说 |
[06:31] | Mom! I think dad spilled something! | 妈 我想爸撒了点东西 |
[06:35] | It’s okay. I’ve always got a rag. | 没事 我有抹布 |
[06:38] | It’s a mom secret. | 这是妈妈的秘密 |
[06:39] | They sacked Bradshaw. | 他们抱摔了布莱德肖[对方四分卫] |
[06:41] | Get it! Get it! Get it! | 上 上 上 |
[06:42] | …And they did. | 他们做到了 |
[06:43] | Good god, mom did it! | 老天 妈妈办到了 |
[06:44] | No! That was just another coincidence. | 不 只是又一个巧合 |
[06:46] | You keep your mother out of this. Understand? | 别把你妈扯进来 明白吗 |
[06:49] | Understand what? I heard “mother.” | 明白什么 我听到”妈” |
[06:50] | I’m the mother. Here I am. | 我是妈 我在这里 |
[06:51] | Dude, all these years, we’ve got it wrong. | 这些年来 我们一直错了 |
[06:54] | You’re not a jinx. | 你不是灾星 |
[06:55] | You’re like a real, actual lucky charm. | 你是真正的幸运符 |
[06:58] | Thank you, schmoo. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[06:59] | No. Stop. | 不 别说了 |
[07:01] | There’s no such thing as actual luck. | 根本没有幸运这回事 |
[07:03] | Then why are you wearing your lucky jersey and underpants? | 那你为什么要穿幸运球衣和内裤 |
[07:04] | This helps the Eagles win, not your mother. | 这能帮鹰队赢 你妈不行 |
[07:07] | Looks like those greeny guys are celebrating something. | 看来这些绿绿的家伙在庆祝什么 |
[07:10] | They scored! | 得分了 |
[07:11] | Mom stays — stays forever. | 妈留下来 永远留下 |
[07:13] | This is gonna be fun! | 会非常有意思的 |
[07:16] | Go, greeny birds! | 加油 绿鸟们 |
[07:18] | No. | 不 |
[07:19] | We have a system when we watch football, | 我们看橄榄球时有规矩的 |
[07:21] | and the number-one rule of that system is “no talking.” | 第一条就是”不准说话” |
[07:24] | Naturally, my mom respected the rules — | 自然 我妈遵守了规矩 |
[07:26] | Until the next week, when she didn’t. | 但下一周 就没有了 |
[07:28] | Are the players married to the cheerleaders? | 球员和啦啦队员结婚了吗 |
[07:31] | Do you think their families are mad | 你觉得他们的家人生气吗 |
[07:32] | ‘Cause they work on sundays? | 他们周天要上班 |
[07:33] | Look at those grass stains. Who washes those pants?! | 看这些草的印子 谁洗的裤子 |
[07:37] | Aren’t we all patriots? | 我们不都是爱国者吗 |
[07:38] | Look at that big, snuggly pileup. | 看他们堆成了一堆 |
[07:41] | Why does the throwy guy keep putting his hands | 为什么扔球的家伙总是把手 |
[07:43] | in the other guy’s butt? | 放在别人的屁股后面 |
[07:44] | I have a better name for a team — | 我想了个更好的队名 |
[07:46] | The yankee doodles. | 扬基歌 |
[07:48] | You know what? Who wants bagel bites? | 知道吗 谁要吃百吉饼 |
[07:51] | ‘Cause I’m gonna put some in the oven. | 我要放一些进烤箱 |
[07:53] | What do I set it at — 2,000? | 多少度呢 两千华氏吗 |
[07:55] | No! Murray, you know the rule. | 不 默里 你知道规矩 |
[07:56] | Don’t touch any knobs in the kitchen. | 别碰厨房里任何的旋钮 |
[07:58] | Hey! Come back fast. We need you on defense. | 快点回来 防守需要你 |
[08:02] | Isn’t this great? | 是不是好棒 |
[08:03] | Woman’s got to go. | 女人得消失 |
[08:04] | What? No! She’s part of the game ritual. | 什么 不 她现在是惯例的一部分了 |
[08:06] | There’s no going back. | 不能回头了 |
[08:07] | A man needs time away from his wife, | 男人需要与妻子分开的时间 |
[08:09] | and for me, football is that time. | 对我来说 橄榄球就是分开的时间 |
[08:12] | So, what? You’re just gonna tell her to go away? | 怎样 你就这样叫她走开吗 |
[08:14] | You know mom. It’ll crush her. | 你了解妈妈 会让她崩溃的 |
[08:15] | Don’t worry. I’ll be sensitive. | 别担心 我会很委婉的 |
[08:19] | Hey, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[08:20] | Would you put that down and get out? | 你可以放下走人吗 |
[08:23] | What?! | 什么 |
[08:24] | Listen, it’s not that I don’t love spending every moment with you, | 不是我不想和你每分每秒在一起 |
[08:27] | but you don’t understand football, | 但你不懂橄榄球 |
[08:29] | and it’s distracting. | 这让人分心 |
[08:30] | Well, that sounds like an excuse. | 听起来真是个好借口 |
[08:32] | Okay, imagine if I go to your scrapbook club | 想象下我参加你的剪贴簿俱乐部 |
[08:35] | and every few seconds, | 每过几秒 |
[08:37] | I interrupt you with a question | 我就提问打扰你 |
[08:39] | about what glitter I should use. | 我应该用什么样的闪粉 |
[08:40] | Well, that would be ridiculous | 太荒唐了 |
[08:42] | because there’s opaque, translucent, chunky, | 有不透明的 透明的 大块的 |
[08:45] | micro-fine, spray-on, brush-on…Squeeze-on — | 特别小的 喷涂的 刷上的 压上的 |
[08:52] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[08:54] | I’ll go. | 我走 |
[08:54] | That means a lot, Bevy. | 太感谢了 贝弗 |
[08:56] | And that’s how you do marriage. | 婚姻就要这样经营 |
[08:59] | And so my mom got the message. | 我妈听出了老爸的弦外之音 |
[09:02] | Teach me everything about football. | 教我橄榄球的一切知识 |
[09:03] | You’ve come to the right place. | 你来对了地方 |
[09:05] | It was just the wrong message. | 只是彻底误会了 |
[09:08] | Let’s start with the basics. This is the quarterback. | 先从基础开始 这是四分卫 |
[09:11] | These are the linemen, receivers, running back. | 这些分别是前锋 接球手 跑卫 |
[09:14] | Question — | 提问 |
[09:15] | What do all those words mean? | 这些词是什么意思 |
[09:16] | Simplifying, there’s offense and defense. | 简单来说 这是攻方与守方 |
[09:20] | Question — are those things I should already know? | 提问 这些东西是我应该已经知道了的吗 |
[09:22] | Simplifying… | 简单来说 |
[09:24] | This is a football. | 这是橄榄球 |
[09:25] | Question — | 提问 |
[09:26] | Is the plural of “football” “feetball”? | 橄榄球的复数是不是橄榄球球 |
[09:28] | Ohh! God! | 老天 |
[09:29] | Why won’t anyone answer me? What are you people hiding? | 为什么没人回答我 你们在隐瞒什么 |
[09:33] | My god. I can’t take this anymore. | 我的天 我受不了了 |
[09:34] | Look, there is only one way to teach mom anything — | 想教我妈东西只有一个办法 |
[09:37] | Put it in terms she understands. | 用她能懂的话说出来 |
[09:40] | Okay, this is a football, | 这是一个橄榄球 |
[09:41] | but I want you to imagine it’s actually me as a baby. | 我要你将它想象成我还是宝宝的时候 |
[09:46] | Now, your job is to protect that baby at all costs. | 你的任务就是不惜一切代价保护这个宝宝 |
[09:49] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[09:51] | Who are they? | 他们是什么人 |
[09:52] | Hi, Erica! You called, and I came right away. | 爱丽卡 你一打电话我就来了 |
[09:54] | Isn’t that nice of me? | 我是不是很好 |
[09:54] | As you can see, they’re the enemy. | 你也看到了 他们是敌人 |
[09:56] | We call them the defensive line. | 我们管他们叫防守线 |
[09:57] | Their job is to stop you. | 他们的任务是阻止你 |
[10:02] | wanting to take your precious little girl away | 想把你的宝贝小女儿带到 |
[10:04] | to…An out-of-state university. | 其他州的大学去 |
[10:07] | But that’s too far. How will I see you every day? | 太远了 叫我如何每天看到你 |
[10:09] | You’ve only got one choice — get that baby back to our house. | 你只有一个选择 把这个宝宝带回我们的家 |
[10:13] | Or the end zone. | 或者叫球门区 |
[10:14] | Please move. | 请让开 |
[10:16] | – No way. – Please move! | -不可能 -请让开 |
[10:18] | – Oh, we’re comin’ for you. – Gimme that baby! | -我们来找你了 -把宝宝给我 |
[10:19] | – Never! – Hike! | -别想 -开球 |
[10:21] | Go! Go! | 快跑 快跑 |
[10:22] | Go, go, go, go, go! Go, go, go! | 快跑 快跑 |
[10:27] | I made it home! | 我到家了 |
[10:29] | I made it home. | 我到家了 |
[10:30] | Or the end zone. | 或者叫球门区 |
[10:31] | Oh! I get it! | 我懂了 |
[10:34] | Come on, guys. Where’s the “d”? | 拜托 防守在哪里 |
[10:35] | I just don’t know where to touch her. | 我不知道抱她哪里阻挡 |
[10:37] | Maybe I should just cover Erica. | 也许我就盯着爱丽卡好了 |
[10:38] | I hate you so much, Geoff. | 我恨死你了 杰夫 |
[10:39] | Shut it, okay? It’s enough. | 闭嘴 好吗 够了 |
[10:41] | While my mom was ready for game day, | 我妈为比赛日做好准备 |
[10:43] | I was ready for my game-show debut. | 我为游戏节目首秀做好了准备 |
[10:45] | Hi, kids. I’m Zane, and this is Ellen. | 孩子们好 我是赞恩 这是艾伦 |
[10:48] | We’ve set up a practice course | 我们建了一个模拟 |
[10:49] | to simulate actual “double dare.” | 《你能我也能》的训练赛道 |
[10:51] | Now pick a partner. | 现在选个搭档 |
[10:53] | That’s right. Let’s get messy! | 没错 我们来弄得一身泥 |
[10:56] | Yep, I knew exactly how to wow the producers. | 对 我知道如何令制作人惊叹 |
[10:58] | Three words — make an entrance. | 四个字 闪亮登场 |
[11:01] | Sorry we’re late. | 抱歉我们迟到了 |
[11:02] | Me and my best friend got held up on the public bus. | 我和我最好的朋友坐公车太慢了 |
[11:05] | No way. You can’t pick a cute old man. | 不行 你不能选一个可爱的老头 |
[11:08] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[11:09] | Sorry, sister — not against the rules. | 抱歉 同学 不违反规定 |
[11:11] | I checked. | 我查过了 |
[11:13] | What kind of a farkakte game show is this? | 这是什么该死的游戏节目 |
[11:16] | I thought it was just trivia. | 我以为只是知识问答 |
[11:18] | Oh, it is — and some physical challenges. | 是的 再加上体能挑战 |
[11:20] | It looks slimy and unsafe. | 看起来滑滑的而且不安全 |
[11:23] | You’re pops! You can do anything! | 你是老爷子 你无所不能 |
[11:25] | What the is that thing? | 那是个什么鬼东西 |
[11:27] | You play tennis and date twins | 你打网球约会双胞胎 |
[11:29] | and drink martinis when the sun’s out. | 太阳下山后喝马丁尼酒 |
[11:31] | Yes, I do sample from the salad bar of life. | 对 我喜欢尝试生活中的新玩意儿 |
[11:34] | Then let’s show ’em what we’re made of. | 那就让他们看看我们的厉害 |
[11:36] | Go, go, go! You got it. | 快 你可以的 |
[11:38] | I can’t find the damn flag. | 我找不到该死的旗子 |
[11:40] | Look under the pad of butter! | 在黄油垫下面找 |
[11:41] | They always hide it under the pad of butter! | 他们总是藏在黄油垫下面 |
[11:43] | Aw, there’s no flag here! | 这里没有旗子 |
[11:47] | This is my good tracksuit! | 这可是我的好运动服 |
[11:52] | Why am I here? | 我为什么在这里 |
[11:54] | Oh, no, no! | 不 不 |
[11:57] | This is not a game show! | 这不是游戏节目 |
[11:59] | Faster! | 快点 |
[12:00] | Po– | 老… |
[12:01] | I’m not a hamster! I’m a human man! | 我不是仓鼠 我是人 |
[12:05] | That… Did not go well. | 不太顺利 |
[12:07] | No, it did not. | 的确不顺利 |
[12:09] | I’m sorry I let you down, kiddo. | 抱歉我让你失望了 孩子 |
[12:11] | I’m gonna dig my watch out of the butter and leave. | 我把手表从黄油中挖出来后就走 |
[12:13] | Well, how’d it go with your adorable best friend? | 和你可爱的最好的朋友结果如何 |
[12:16] | Great. So great. | 很好 非常好 |
[12:17] | Listen, I was thinking — | 听着 我在想 |
[12:19] | Our friendship is too important. | 我们的友谊太重要了 |
[12:21] | We should be partners. | 我们应该做搭档 |
[12:22] | I don’t think so. | 我不这样想 |
[12:24] | See, I already got a partner. | 我已经有搭档了 |
[12:26] | You ready to rock, Muscles? | 准备好表现了吗 肌肉妹 |
[12:28] | Seriously? | 你不是吧 |
[12:29] | Of all the people, you ditch me for that putz? | 这么多人 你却为了这个笨蛋甩掉我 |
[12:32] | Now you know how it feels. | 现在你知道是何种感觉了 |
[12:33] | Well, we’ll see how you feel when handsome Ben chokes. | 帅哥本窒息时看你是什么感觉 |
[12:36] | He’s got the looks, but not the chops. | 他长得帅 但没运动神经 |
[12:39] | Done. | 完成了 |
[12:40] | And I got the course record, too. | 我创造了最佳纪录 |
[12:43] | Balls! | 该死的 |
[12:45] | That is one hard schnoz. | 好硬的大鼻子 |
[12:47] | As I was losing a best friend… | 我失去最好的朋友时 |
[12:48] | Set…Hike! | 准备 开球 |
[12:50] | …My mom was learning how to win at feetball. | 我妈在学习如何赢得橄榄球球比赛 |
[12:56] | Touchdown! | 触地得分 |
[12:59] | Oh, yeah! | 太好了 |
[13:00] | You’re in my house now! | 你现在在我家了 |
[13:02] | You’re gonna come in and take off your shoes | 你要进来脱掉鞋子 |
[13:04] | ‘Cause I just vacuumed. | 因为我刚吸过尘 |
[13:05] | That’s how “in my house” you are! | 在我家就得这样 |
[13:09] | I think our work here is done. | 我想我们的工作结束了 |
[13:10] | I have a feeling your dad is gonna be a very happy man! | 我有预感 你爸会非常开心的 |
[13:13] | Let’s go, Eagles “d”! | 快点 鹰队防守 |
[13:15] | – Sack! – Yes! | -抱摔 -太棒了 |
[13:17] | Yes, baby. | 太棒了 宝贝 |
[13:18] | Turns out learning football just ruined it for my dad. | 结果学橄榄球 却毁了我爸看球的乐趣 |
[13:21] | Isn’t this great? | 是不是好棒 |
[13:22] | Mur, you got it all. | 老默 你要什么有什么 |
[13:23] | Yeah, she did the thing I asked her to do, | 对 她做了我要她做的事 |
[13:25] | so it’d be wrong of me to complain. | 所以如果我抱怨的话就不对了 |
[13:27] | Watch — next play, they’re gonna throw the long ball. | 看着 下一节 他们会传长球 |
[13:29] | That’s nuts. It’s third and short. | 疯了 第三次进攻而且是短距离 |
[13:31] | They’re gonna go up the middle. | 他们会到中线 |
[13:32] | No. They’re expecting the rush. | 不 他们想实施带球跑 |
[13:34] | Stop saying things with sports-fueled knowledge! | 别再说些体育知识方面的话 |
[13:37] | Let’s all just not talk until the Eagles win, okay? | 在鹰队胜利前大家别说话了好吗 |
[13:39] | Unfortunately for my dad, they really were expecting the rush. | 对我爸来说很遗憾 他们真的想实施带球跑 |
[13:44] | Who called it? | 谁说了 |
[13:46] | Mama bird — that’s who! | 鸟妈妈 就是我 |
[13:48] | Face! | 要你好看 |
[13:48] | Aah! That’s it! | 够了 |
[13:50] | You got to go. | 你得走人 |
[13:52] | Go?! | 走人 |
[13:53] | But… | 但是 |
[13:54] | I learned football. | 我学会了橄榄球 |
[13:56] | I did what you said. | 按你说的做的 |
[13:57] | Thing is, I lied. | 问题是 我说谎了 |
[13:59] | Look, I think the key to a good marriage is time apart, | 我觉得美好婚姻的关键是有独处的时间 |
[14:02] | and for me, football is that time. | 对我来说 橄榄球就是这个时间 |
[14:05] | Well, I think the key to a good marriage | 我觉得美好婚姻的关键 |
[14:07] | is spending time together. | 是在一起共度美好时光 |
[14:09] | But if you don’t want me here… | 但如果你不想我在这里 |
[14:12] | I’ll go. | 我就走 |
[14:15] | While my “double dare” dreams had been dashed, | 我的《你能我也能》的美梦落空时 |
[14:17] | Emmy’s were looking better than ever, | 艾米的状态前所未有的好 |
[14:19] | thanks to athletic, horrible handsome Ben. | 多亏了擅长运动的讨厌的帅哥本 |
[14:22] | Look at handsome Ben go. | 看帅哥本走的 |
[14:23] | His feet barely touch the slime. | 他的脚几乎没碰到泥巴 |
[14:25] | I feel like it’s right… | 我觉得就在 |
[14:27] | Here. | 这里 |
[14:28] | Yes! Yes! Got it! Come on. | 太好了 找到了 快 |
[14:30] | Well done, kids! | 做得好 孩子们 |
[14:32] | Looks like you two are the team to beat. | 看起来你们是别人要战胜的对象 |
[14:34] | Couldn’t ask for a better partner. | 无法找到更好的搭档了 |
[14:37] | I think that was directed at you. | 我想这话是冲你说的 |
[14:40] | Yes! Thank you, Dave Kim. | 是 谢谢你 金戴夫 |
[14:42] | Looks like all of those months of practice with Emmy | 看来和艾米训练的这几个月 |
[14:44] | really paid off. | 有了回报 |
[14:46] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! Months? | 什么 几个月 |
[14:48] | Yeah, we overheard coach Mellor at the beginning of the year | 学年开始时 我们无意中听到梅勒教练说 |
[14:51] | saying “double dare” was coming. | 《你能我也能》要来 |
[14:52] | – That’s when we agreed to partner up and — – What?! | -那时我们同意搭档 -什么 |
[14:55] | Handsome Ben’s just confused. | 帅哥本糊涂了 |
[14:56] | Let me get this straight. | 我来弄清楚 |
[14:57] | You picked him before I even asked you? | 我还没问你 你就选了他吗 |
[15:00] | Kinda. | 算是 |
[15:00] | You’ve been torturing me for a week, | 你折磨了我一周 |
[15:02] | and you did the exact same thing! | 你却做了同样的事 |
[15:04] | I was at least gonna lie and let you down easy. | 至少我准备说谎让你好受些 |
[15:05] | Well, you make a great team — | 你们是非常好的一队 |
[15:07] | Handsome Ben and “sack of crap” Emmy. | 帅哥本和屁话艾米 |
[15:09] | Take it back, nerd! | 收回这话 呆子 |
[15:11] | Sure, it was an honest accident. | 当然 这只是意外 |
[15:13] | However, what happened next wasn’t. | 但是接下来不是 |
[15:15] | After that, no one was at their best. | 在那之后 大家的表现都很不好 |
[15:19] | Both of you — out! | 你们两个出去 |
[15:21] | But you said I was a lock. | 但你说选我的 |
[15:23] | That was before you made a mess of this course. | 那是你弄乱训练场之前 |
[15:25] | Now go. | 出去 |
[15:29] | Thanks a lot. | 多谢你了 |
[15:31] | Well…Looks like you’re gonna need a new partner. | 看来你需要一个新搭档 |
[15:34] | For sure. | 是的 |
[15:36] | Hey, Amy, be my partner? | 阿美 做我搭档好吗 |
[15:38] | Definitely. You’re handsome. | 当然好 你很帅 |
[15:42] | Dave Kim — always a bridesmaid. | 金戴夫 只有伴娘的命 |
[15:48] | My dad knew he needed to make it right with my mom. | 我爸知道他需要和我妈和好 |
[15:51] | Only problem — he had no idea how. | 唯一的问题 他不知道怎么做 |
[15:56] | Time to cook the steak-umms! | 是时候做牛排了 |
[15:58] | Hope I don’t make a mess! | 希望我不会搞得一团糟 |
[16:00] | Why are you narrating your kitchen experience? | 你为什么要大声说出你在厨房的活动 |
[16:02] | I’m trying to lure your mother downstairs. | 我想吸引你妈下楼 |
[16:05] | I don’t know what’s wrong. This always works. | 我不知道哪里不对 这招总是管用 |
[16:07] | Yeah, well, you really hurt her feelings. | 你真的伤了她的心 |
[16:08] | You’re a, uh, lady person. | 你懂女人 |
[16:10] | How do I un-hurt them? | 我要怎么弥补 |
[16:11] | Hello? Mom took an interest in something you love. | 拜托 妈对你喜欢的事感兴趣 |
[16:14] | Just show her that you can do the same thing. | 让她知道你也可以这样做 |
[16:16] | What — like yakking on the phone, shopping, | 什么呢 煲电话粥 购物 |
[16:19] | or pushing the hot thing over the clothes? | 把很烫的东西放在衣服上吗 |
[16:21] | Ironing? | 熨烫吗 |
[16:22] | No, those are chores. | 不 这些是家务 |
[16:23] | I’m talking about stuff that makes her happy, | 我说的是令她开心的事 |
[16:25] | like jazzercise. | 比如说爵士健美操 |
[16:26] | That dancy thing where she puts on the stretchy clothes | 跳舞吗 她穿上弹力衣 |
[16:29] | and rolls around on the ground like a drunk toddler? | 在地上打滚 像喝了酒的小孩一样吗 |
[16:31] | Good point. You should focus on something more your speed. | 说得对 你应该集中精神做你擅长的 |
[16:33] | And by “speed,” I mean no speed. | 我说的擅长 其实是不擅长的 |
[16:36] | I got it. | 我知道了 |
[16:37] | Son of a bitch! | 该死的 |
[16:38] | This can’t be done! No one can do it! | 这个没法完成 没人可以 |
[16:40] | What exactly are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[16:42] | Scrapbooking — your mother’s favorite hobby. | 做剪贴簿 你母亲最喜欢的爱好 |
[16:45] | But it’s a nightmare! | 但这是噩梦 |
[16:46] | Stupid glue! | 愚蠢的胶水 |
[16:47] | Everything I touch sticks to me! | 我碰的一切都粘在我手上 |
[16:49] | Just calm down, okay? I’m sure what you made is fine. | 冷静 好吗 我相信你做的可以的 |
[16:55] | Holy crap! What is that? | 我的妈 这是什么 |
[16:57] | Our sweet memories. | 我们甜美的回忆 |
[16:58] | Why did you cut out the letters? | 你为什么剪下字母 |
[16:59] | It looks like a ransom note. | 看起来像勒索信 |
[17:00] | You know I’m not good at penmanship! | 你知道我的字写得不好 |
[17:02] | Why’d you put “look”? | 你为什么要贴上”看” |
[17:03] | What am I supposed to look at — his red demon eyes? | 要我看什么 他红色的恶魔眼吗 |
[17:05] | I was trying to make them sparkle with glitter, | 我本来想用闪粉弄得晶晶亮 |
[17:08] | but no one tells you how complicated glitter is. | 但没人告诉你 闪粉有多复杂 |
[17:10] | It looks like something | 看起来像是 |
[17:11] | – a 10-year-old serial killer would make. – I know! | -十岁连环杀手做的东西 -我知道 |
[17:14] | Let me break this down for you in terms you understand. | 我用你能懂的话来教你 |
[17:17] | Imagine this page is the football field | 想象这一面是橄榄球场 |
[17:20] | and this baby picture — the quarterback. | 这张宝宝照片 是四分卫 |
[17:23] | As Erica was coaching my dad, | 爱丽卡教我爸时 |
[17:24] | coach Mellor had the “double dare” results. | 梅勒教练有了《你能我也能》的结果 |
[17:27] | All right, listen up. | 听好了 |
[17:28] | I just found out who got picked for the game show | 我刚得知谁被选上参加游戏节目 |
[17:30] | that left all sorts of stains on my gym floor. | 以及谁在我的体育馆地上留下污迹 |
[17:33] | And our new tv stars are… | 我们新的电视明星是 |
[17:37] | …Handsome Ben and regular Amy. | 帅哥本和普通阿美 |
[17:39] | – We’re in! We did it! – Yes! | -我们选上了 成功了 -是的 |
[17:41] | Wait — what? | 慢着 什么 |
[17:42] | Turns out losing out on “double dare” | 结果《你能我也能》落选 |
[17:44] | Isn’t nearly as bad as losing your best friend. | 根本没有失去最好的朋友那样糟糕 |
[17:56] | I’m not talking to you, jackass. | 我不会和你说话的 混蛋 |
[17:57] | That should’ve been me. | 应该是我被选上 |
[17:59] | It should’ve been us. | 应该是我们 |
[18:00] | There is no us. | 根本没有我们 |
[18:03] | Look, I don’t blame you for picking Ben two months ago. | 我不怪你两个月前就选了本 |
[18:07] | He’s not my rival. | 他不是我的竞争对手 |
[18:08] | He’s just amazing. | 他太棒了 |
[18:11] | I guess… | 我想 |
[18:14] | I’m a jackass, too. | 我也是混蛋 |
[18:15] | Little bit. | 有点 |
[18:17] | So much for always having each other’s backs. | 说好的永远互相支持也不过如此 |
[18:20] | I mean, “double dare” tore us apart. | 《你能我也能》将我们分开了 |
[18:22] | So fast. | 太快了 |
[18:24] | Are we, like, terrible best friends? | 我们是最糟糕的最好的朋友吗 |
[18:26] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[18:28] | But if we are, | 但如果我们是 |
[18:29] | I hope we’re terrible best friends forever. | 我希望我们永远是最糟糕的最好的朋友 |
[18:31] | I’m talking graduation, college, law school. | 我说的是毕业 大学 法学院 |
[18:35] | Hell, I’m gonna be the bro of honor at your wedding. | 见鬼 我要做你婚礼上的”伴兄弟” |
[18:37] | And when you’re like 100 and at an old-age home, | 你一百岁时 在养老院 |
[18:40] | I’m gonna be watching “double dare” | 我会在你旁边 和你一起 |
[18:42] | Right there next to you. | 看《你能我也能》 |
[18:44] | You think it’ll still be on? | 你觉得那时还会有这节目吗 |
[18:46] | Oh, for sure. | 当然 |
[18:49] | I made you something. | 我为你做了点东西 |
[18:51] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[18:53] | I know how hard you worked learning my favorite thing, | 我知道你多努力学习我最喜欢的东西 |
[18:55] | so I thought it was time I learned about yours. | 所以我想是时候我来学习你的 |
[19:00] | You made a scrapbook for me? | 你为我做了剪贴簿 |
[19:03] | Pretty good, huh? | 很不错吧 |
[19:04] | No. It’s a train wreck. | 不 一场灾难 |
[19:06] | You glittered where you should’ve laced, | 应该粘花边的地方你洒了闪粉 |
[19:08] | and you laced where you should’ve stenciled. | 应该镂花的地方你粘了花边 |
[19:09] | It’s all so complicated! | 太复杂了 |
[19:11] | Doesn’t matter. | 没关系 |
[19:13] | I love it. | 我非常喜欢 |
[19:14] | Look, I’m lucky to have a wife | 我很幸运拥有一个 |
[19:15] | who wants to spend time with a man like me. | 愿意和我这样的男人共度时光的妻子 |
[19:18] | So what do you say… | 这样如何 |
[19:20] | Next time, I tag along to your scrapbook club? | 下次我陪你一起去参加剪贴簿俱乐部的活动 |
[19:23] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[19:24] | Scrapbooking is my time away. | 做剪贴簿是我独处的时间 |
[19:27] | You just stick with your feetball. | 你就继续看你的橄榄球球吧 |
[19:29] | With that, my parents decided | 就这样 我父母决定 |
[19:31] | to give each other some space — | 给彼此一些空间 |
[19:32] | Until the Eagles fumbled. | 直到鹰队漏接 |
[19:36] | That’s it. Season’s over. | 够了 赛季结束了 |
[19:37] | No, all we need’s a touchdown, | 不 我们只需要一个触地得分 |
[19:39] | an onside kick, a field goal, | 一个到位开球 一个射门得分 |
[19:40] | and then two more touchdowns. | 然后再来两个触地得分 |
[19:42] | Stop it. | 别说了 |
[19:42] | Off to the craft store. Be back in a jiff. | 我去工艺品商店 马上回来 |
[19:44] | No, no, no! Wait, wait, wait! | 不不 等等 |
[19:46] | Come here, come here, come here, come here. | 过来 过来 |
[19:47] | I think the Eagles could use some of your luck. | 我想鹰队需要你的好运 |
[19:50] | That’s the thing about the relationships that matter most. | 最重要的关系就是这样 |
[19:54] | Sure, they get messy, and sometimes you fumble, | 没错 会一团糟 有时你会漏接 |
[19:56] | but when you’re a team, you always win. | 但你们是一队时 你们总是会赢 |
[19:59] | Ben and Amy, on what tv series | 本和阿美 哪个电视剧中 |
[20:02] | does Andy Griffith regularly play a lawyer? | 安迪·格里菲思的常规角色是律师 |
[20:05] | – “Matlock.” – Yes, right again. | -《辩护律师》 -又对了 |
[20:07] | You have another $10. | 又赢了10美元 |
[20:08] | Guess we should call her “smart Amy.” | 我想应该叫她聪明阿美 |
[20:13] | Ben and Amy, on what tv series | 本和阿美 哪个电视剧中 |
[20:16] | does Andy Griffith regularly play a lawyer? | 安迪·格里菲思的常规角色是律师 |
[20:18] | – “Matlock.” – Yes, right again. | -《辩护律师》 -又对了 |
[20:46] | Aah! It never ends! | 没完没了 |
[20:55] | Come on, Big tasty! Dig deep! | 加油 大甜甜 用力挖 |
[20:56] | Goldberg! What the hell are you doing?! | 金伯格 你在做什么 |
[20:58] | Tryout was yesterday! | 选拔在昨天 |
[21:01] | Tryout for what? | 选拔什么 |