时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Nothing feels more magical than first love. | 没什么比初恋更有魔力 |
[00:02] | As a kid, you fall so hard and feel so much, | 对孩子来说 初恋的感觉如此强烈 |
[00:05] | it makes the first breakup that much more painful. | 这令初次分手痛苦万分 |
[00:08] | It had been months since Dana and I split, | 我和戴娜分手已经几个月了 |
[00:11] | and I decided it was time to move on. | 我决定是时候向前了 |
[00:13] | Thankfully, my big bro was there to help. | 好在有我哥在旁边帮忙 |
[00:16] | Dude, what are you doing? | 小弟 你在做什么 |
[00:17] | Feathering my hair like famed lady killer Robert Lowe. | 像著名的少女杀手罗伯特·劳那样令头发蓬松 |
[00:20] | No. Watch and learn. | 不 学着点 |
[00:26] | Now that’s what the ladies like. | 这才是女生喜欢的模样 |
[00:28] | It looks super wet but somehow it’s dry and crispy. | 看起来超级湿 但实际上又干又脆 |
[00:31] | Even though I decided against the flammable helmet head, | 尽管我决定放弃易燃的头盔发型 |
[00:34] | I was starting to feel like I was back on my game. | 但我开始觉得我又重回情场了 |
[00:36] | And what do you know, girls were checking me out. | 真没想到 女生们都在打量我 |
[00:39] | A lot! Like, too much. | 很多 太多了 |
[00:41] | Almost as if they weren’t even looking at me — | 就像她们看的不是我一样 |
[00:43] | Ah, damn it! | 该死的 |
[00:44] | Stupid handsome Ben. | 笨蛋帅哥本 |
[00:46] | Can you walk somewhere else? | 你能走在别的地方吗 |
[00:47] | Sure thing, pal. | 没问题 伙计 |
[00:49] | Finding a new Dana was gonna be tough, | 找到新戴娜不容易 |
[00:51] | so I turned to my sister’s poster gallery | 于是我去我姐的八十年代 |
[00:53] | of beloved ’80s heartthrobs for inspiration. | 万人迷帅哥海报美术馆找灵感 |
[00:56] | Such kind eyes. Is that the trick? | 好柔和的眼神 这是窍门吗 |
[00:58] | And then reality hit me. | 然后我被现实打醒了 |
[01:00] | What are you doing to my Donnie?! | 你对我的唐尼做什么 |
[01:02] | These bros get all the girls. | 这些兄弟想要什么样的女生都有 |
[01:04] | Now that Dana and I broke up, | 现在戴娜和我分手了 |
[01:06] | I’ve got to learn their secrets. | 我得学会他们的秘诀 |
[01:07] | Well, for starters, they don’t have wonky voices, | 首先 他们没有难听的声音 |
[01:10] | and they don’t cry at “The Muppet Movie.” | 然后他们看《木偶大电影》时不会哭 |
[01:12] | If “Rainbow Connection” doesn’t move you to tears, | 如果《舞出彩虹》不能把你感动哭 |
[01:14] | then you’re not alive. | 那你就是死人一个 |
[01:15] | What happened? | 出什么事了 |
[01:16] | It — It’s like I’m totally invisible to girls. | 好像我对女生来说完全是隐形的 |
[01:19] | At this rate, I’ll never get another Dana. | 这样下去 我永远找不到下一个戴娜 |
[01:21] | Dude, getting girls is easy. | 兄弟 追女生可容易了 |
[01:23] | You don’t know anything about girls. | 你根本不了解女生 |
[01:24] | All you need is a hook — | 你只需要一种吸引力 |
[01:26] | something that makes you stand out. | 令你脱颖而出的东西 |
[01:27] | Yeah? And what’s your hook? | 是吗 你的吸引力是什么 |
[01:30] | Turtlenecks. | 高领衫 |
[01:32] | Sexy and comfortable. | 性感又舒适 |
[01:33] | Still upset about Dana, huh? | 还在为戴娜难过吗 |
[01:35] | Lucky for you, I actually know a girl who’s super into you. | 你很幸运 我知道有个女生超级喜欢你 |
[01:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[01:39] | Mom, Adam’s feeling unloved! | 妈 亚当觉得没人爱 |
[01:41] | Wait, what? | 慢着 什么 |
[01:42] | Is my baby sad? | 我的宝贝伤心了吗 |
[01:44] | Well, look out, ’cause the cuddle coyote is stalking you! | 小心 因为抱抱土狼在跟踪你 |
[01:47] | – Why? – Stay out of my room. | -为什么 -别进我的房间 |
[01:49] | I’m coming for snuggies. | 我来抱抱了 |
[02:08] | It was March 23, 1980-something | 那是一九八几年的3月23日 |
[02:10] | and Barry was planning for his future | 巴瑞正在计划他的未来 |
[02:12] | by watching the ambassador of the wealthy — Robin Leach. | 通过看有钱人的代表 罗宾·利奇的节目 |
[02:15] | Robin Leach was about to explain why I need a wine butler. | 罗宾·利奇正要解释我为什么需要品酒师 |
[02:18] | Too bad. You’re supposed to be studying for the PSAT! | 太可惜了 你要准备预备学业能力倾向测验 |
[02:21] | And I finished. | 我做完了 |
[02:23] | I did every practice exam in the whole book. | 我做完了书里所有的试题 |
[02:25] | Oh, is that right? Explain this. | 是吗 解释下 |
[02:27] | The correct answers just happened to form | 正确答案恰好组成了 |
[02:29] | the Van Halen logo. | 范·海伦乐队的标志 |
[02:30] | And a dog? | 狗 |
[02:31] | A peace sign. | 和平手势 |
[02:33] | – Pac-Man. – I love that game. | -吃豆人 -我喜欢这个游戏 |
[02:34] | And some hideous googly-eyed monster. | 可怕的瞪眼怪物 |
[02:36] | Well, that’s actually you. | 这是你 |
[02:38] | Well, I’m putting this on the fridge, | 我会把这张贴在冰箱门上 |
[02:39] | but I’m still enraged. | 但我依然很生气 |
[02:40] | Let’s just nip this conversation in the butt. | 我们把这次谈话扼杀在摇篮里吧 |
[02:43] | Tests just aren’t for me. | 我根本不适合考试 |
[02:45] | When it came to college, my dad did what he never did — | 涉及到大学时 我爸做了从未做过的事 |
[02:48] | get involved. | 插手 |
[02:49] | Moron! | 白痴 |
[02:50] | You’re gonna throw your whole life away like a moron, moron? | 你要像个白痴一样抛弃整个人生吗 白痴 |
[02:53] | Wait! | 慢着 |
[02:54] | Did you just actually abandon your chair | 你真的抛弃了沙发和电视 |
[02:57] | and TV to get involved? | 插手这件事吗 |
[02:58] | Look, you’re gonna prepare for that test. | 听着 你要为这次考试做准备 |
[03:00] | Your whole damn future depends on it. | 你的整个未来取决于此 |
[03:03] | Don’t worry about my future. | 别担心我的未来 |
[03:05] | Trust me, I have a million awesome options. | 相信我 我有很多非常棒的选择 |
[03:06] | I don’t want to hear your options. | 我不想听你的选择 |
[03:08] | NBA superstar power forward, | NBA明星大前锋 |
[03:09] | professional ninja, successful Eskimo, | 职业忍者 成功的爱斯基摩人 |
[03:12] | a.k.a. success-kimo, | 又名成功基摩人 |
[03:13] | and as a fallback, billionaire entrepreneur. | 还有后备 亿万富翁企业家 |
[03:16] | Spell “entrepreneur.” | “企业家”怎么拼写 |
[03:17] | – “A” — – Get in the car! | -A -上车 |
[03:25] | Hey, this isn’t the zoo. | 这不是动物园 |
[03:26] | You’re taking a PSAT prep course. | 你要参加预备学业能力倾向测验课程 |
[03:29] | Out! | 下车 |
[03:31] | Hello, and what educational stretches | 你好 今天想强化一下 |
[03:33] | are we looking to strengthen today? | 什么课程 |
[03:35] | Actually, I won’t waste your time. | 我不会浪费你的时间 |
[03:37] | I’ll just wait here and make small talk | 我就在这里和你聊聊 |
[03:38] | until my dad circles around the block | 等我爸在街上转转 |
[03:40] | to make sure I didn’t bail. | 确保我没逃跑就行 |
[03:41] | After that, I’m out. | 之后我就走了 |
[03:43] | Are you sure that — | 你确定这 |
[03:45] | He’s taking a lap to check in on me, | 他转了一圈来检查 |
[03:48] | a-a-a-a-and… | 然后 |
[03:49] | suck it. | 认输吧 |
[03:51] | As Barry was ditching the class, | 巴瑞逃课了 |
[03:53] | I was facing the sad reality | 我则面对悲伤的现实 |
[03:55] | that I’d never find a girl like Dana. | 我再也找不到戴娜这样的女生了 |
[03:57] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[03:58] | H-He’s been a wreck since he broke up with Dana. | 自从和戴娜分手后他就是一团糟 |
[04:00] | I know. It breaks my heart to see him like this. | 我知道 看他这样我伤心极了 |
[04:03] | Past two years, all he’s cared about is a girl. | 过去两年 他只关心那个女生 |
[04:06] | But now I’ve got my snuggle muffin back. | 现在我的宝贝松饼又是我的了 |
[04:08] | Yeah, you really sound torn up about it. | 听起来你真是伤心透了 |
[04:10] | I’m just saying it’ll be nice | 我只是说真是太好了 |
[04:12] | to finally spend some time with him again. | 终于能和他共度一些时光了 |
[04:15] | ‘Cause the fact is, | 因为事实是 |
[04:16] | nothing heals a broken heart faster than mom time. | 没什么能比”妈妈时光”更快治愈心碎 |
[04:19] | Did you say faster or weirder? | 你是说更快还是更诡异 |
[04:22] | Ooh! It’s on. It’s on. | 开始了 开始了 |
[04:23] | Kiddo, come watch with us! | 孩子 过来和我们一起看 |
[04:25] | This is history in the making. | 这是创造历史 |
[04:27] | David Copperfield is gonna walk | 大卫·科波菲尔准备 |
[04:29] | through the Great Wall of China. | 穿越长城的城墙 |
[04:30] | Long before David Blaine, | 在大卫·布莱恩出现之前[魔术师] |
[04:32] | we had the original rock star magician, | 我们有经典的巨星魔术师 |
[04:34] | David Copperfield. | 大卫·科波菲尔 |
[04:36] | His mind-blowing tricks were truly event TV. | 他震撼人心的魔术是真正的电视界的大事 |
[04:39] | Levitating over the Grand Canyon is one thing, | 在大峡谷升空是一回事 |
[04:41] | but this is just plain crazy. | 这次真是疯狂到家了 |
[04:43] | There is no magic in this world. Love is dead. | 这个世界没有魔术 爱已经死了 |
[04:47] | But I’ll watch ’cause I’m so alone. | 但我会看 因为我太孤单了 |
[04:52] | Oh, no, he’s flatlining! | 不 他没心跳了 |
[04:54] | Go back, David! | 回去 大卫 |
[04:56] | It’s not worth it! | 不值得 |
[04:57] | Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Copperfield must be beside themselves! | 科波菲尔先生和太太肯定发狂了 |
[05:00] | You do know that walking through a solid wall | 你们应该知道穿过中国 |
[05:02] | of ancient Chinese rocks is humanly — | 古代的石墙从人力范围上来说… |
[05:04] | Oh, balls! | 该死的 |
[05:05] | Oh, you gave us quite a scare, you handsome bastard. | 你真是吓坏我们了 你这个帅气的混蛋 |
[05:09] | So handsome. | 太帅了 |
[05:11] | In that moment, I was put under the spell. | 在那一刻 我被下咒了 |
[05:14] | Miss Heather Thomas. | 海瑟·汤姆斯小姐 |
[05:15] | It wasn’t just the trick that impressed me. | 令我印象深刻的不仅是魔术 |
[05:17] | It was that Copperfield oozed cool. | 还有科波菲尔的那股酷劲 |
[05:20] | Magic was the ultimate hook, | 魔术是终极吸引力 |
[05:21] | and with it, the ladies would fall under my spell. | 有了它 女生们会被我下咒的 |
[05:25] | What the hell is this, dude? | 这是什么 伙计 |
[05:27] | Isn’t it awesome? Magic’s my big hook! | 是不是好棒 魔术就是我的吸引力 |
[05:29] | Was juggling already taken, nerd? | 杂耍不是已经有主了吗 呆子 |
[05:30] | Trust me, there’s one thing I know about women — | 相信我 女生有个特点我知道 |
[05:33] | they love magic. | 她们爱魔术 |
[05:34] | Watch and learn. | 学着点 |
[05:36] | Yo, Lisa! You like flowers? | 莉莎 你喜欢花吗 |
[05:38] | Yeah. | 喜欢 |
[05:40] | Wrong button. | 按错钮了 |
[05:41] | Give me a sec. | 稍等 |
[05:42] | Why won’t you stiffen? | 你为什么不硬起来 |
[05:43] | Stiffen, damn it! | 快硬起来啊 该死的 |
[05:45] | Wow, good trick. | 好棒的魔术 |
[05:46] | You made the girl completely disappear. | 你令一个女生彻底消失了 |
[05:49] | Um…are you the kid from the paper? | 你是报纸上的那个孩子吗 |
[05:52] | I — Oh, wow, yes. Me him paper. | 我 对 在下 他 报纸 |
[05:56] | Well, my mom wants to hire you | 我妈想请你去 |
[05:58] | for my little brother’s birthday party. | 我弟要开生日派对 |
[06:00] | Um, you any good? | 你厉害吗 |
[06:01] | Good? | 何止厉害 |
[06:02] | We’re talking illusion, sleight of hand, | 这可是幻术 戏法 |
[06:05] | real Jedi mind-trick stuff. | 真正的绝地武士读心术 |
[06:06] | Then this is the party you’re looking for. | 那这就是你期待的派对 |
[06:09] | You understood my “Star Wars” reference? | 你听懂了我引用的《星球大战》术语 |
[06:12] | Party’s on Saturday. | 派对在周六 |
[06:13] | And you should probably get a new picture for your ad. | 你应该换张广告照片 |
[06:16] | You’re a lot cuter in person. | 你本人可爱多了 |
[06:18] | It was a miracle! | 这是奇迹 |
[06:20] | Or was it magic? | 或是魔力 |
[06:21] | See that? | 看见没 |
[06:22] | All thanks to magic, I just found my new Dana. | 多亏了魔术 我刚找到了新戴娜 |
[06:25] | Do you think it’ll be a problem | 你觉得你根本不懂魔术 |
[06:26] | you don’t actually know magic? | 这会是一个问题吗 |
[06:28] | Oh, 100%. | 百分百的大问题 |
[06:30] | But I was going to learn, | 但我会学习 |
[06:32] | which was something Barry was still resisting. | 而这正是巴瑞抗拒的事 |
[06:34] | Dudes, where you been? | 兄弟们 你们去哪里了 |
[06:35] | I’ve been waiting a freakin’ hour! | 我已经等了一小时了 |
[06:36] | Why are you sitting in that thing? | 你为什么坐在这个里面 |
[06:38] | ‘Cause I stole it from the food mart | 因为这是我从食物超市里偷的 |
[06:39] | so we could take turns smashing it into the Dumpsters. | 这样我们可以轮流撞向垃圾箱 |
[06:41] | Sorry, bro. PSAT study group ran late. | 抱歉 兄弟 能力测试学习小组拖时间了 |
[06:43] | PSAT study group? For what? | 能力测试学习小组 为了什么 |
[06:46] | Um, to, like, get into college and get jobs and stuff. | 上大学找工作什么的 |
[06:48] | What are you talking about? You’re Madman Schwartz. | 你说什么呢 你是狂人施瓦兹 |
[06:51] | You’re gonna be a successful WWF villain hated by millions. | 你会成为成功的被大家痛恨的摔跤联合会大反派 |
[06:54] | Naturally, but as a fallback, | 那是自然 但作为后备计划 |
[06:55] | I’ll probably be an ophthalmologist like my dad, | 我可能会成为像我爸那样的眼科医生 |
[06:57] | Eyeman Schwartz. | 眼人施瓦兹 |
[06:58] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:59] | Cogan, talk some sense into this lunatic. | 科根 劝这个疯子恢复理智 |
[07:01] | Actually, I’m the one that gave him the idea. | 其实这是我劝他的结果 |
[07:03] | I’m thinking about doing premed. | 我在考虑上医学院预科 |
[07:04] | That’s not the dream. | 这不是梦想 |
[07:05] | You’re gonna be a female body inspector. | 你将成为女性身体检查员[FBI] |
[07:07] | Turns out, that’s not a real job, | 原来这根本不是真正的工作 |
[07:09] | just a hilarious t-shirt. | 只是搞笑的文化衫 |
[07:10] | Okay, Naked Rob, my rock. | 好吧 裸罗伯 我的后盾 |
[07:13] | Please tell me you’re still gonna be | 拜托告诉我 你会成为 |
[07:14] | a steel drummer on a clothing-optional beach. | “裸体随意”沙滩上的鼓手 |
[07:16] | Well, I was thinking about getting my degree in musical engineering. | 我在考虑获得音乐工程学的学位 |
[07:18] | It’ll require clothes, but at some point, | 需要穿衣服 但在某一时刻 |
[07:20] | a boy’s got to become a man. | 男孩得成长为男人才行 |
[07:21] | What the hell happened to all our plans? | 我们的计划怎么办 |
[07:23] | You’re making me feel like all this time in the parking lot | 你们令我觉得在停车场上 |
[07:24] | smashing stuff was a complete waste of time! | 撞东西的这段时间完全是浪费了 |
[07:26] | Bar, all our plans were just big dreams. | 巴瑞 我们的计划只是梦想 |
[07:29] | College is real life. | 大学才是真实的生活 |
[07:30] | Real life is for sellouts. | 真实的生活是给叛徒的 |
[07:32] | I will never give up my dreams. | 我永远不会放弃我的梦想 |
[07:34] | My dreams are what give me my dignity. | 我的梦想给我尊严 |
[07:36] | Dignity, I say! | 我的尊严 |
[07:37] | Good day to you, gentlemen! | 日安了 先生们 |
[07:39] | As Barry was pushing himself towards a dim future, | 巴瑞向黑暗未来靠近时 |
[07:42] | I was entering a magical world… | 我进入了一个魔法世界 |
[07:44] | with my mom. | 和我妈一起 |
[07:46] | I don’t know, Squishy. | 我不知道 宝贝 |
[07:47] | All these fancy tricks, they’re just so pricy. | 这些高级的魔术道具 好贵啊 |
[07:50] | Can’t I just get you something like this? | 我给你买这样的不行吗 |
[07:54] | I think these are aces. | 我觉得这个棒极了 |
[07:56] | Come on. I need Copperfield-level stuff. | 拜托 我需要科波菲尔级别的 |
[07:59] | I get the appeal of Davey C. | 我明白大卫科的魅力 |
[08:02] | I do. | 真的 |
[08:03] | But this is too much. | 但这太夸张了 |
[08:05] | It was clear if I wanted her to fund my act, | 很明显如果我要她赞助我的表演 |
[08:07] | I’d have to do some acting of my own. | 我就得先表演一番 |
[08:09] | I just figured magic could be fun… | 我只是觉得魔术很有趣 |
[08:12] | for both of us. | 对我们两个人来说 |
[08:14] | What exactly are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[08:16] | You know, something we could share together. | 我们可以一起玩这个 |
[08:18] | I mean, there’s no Dana. | 现在没有戴娜 |
[08:19] | Might as well hang out with my next best lady. | 不如和我心中第二位的女士一起玩 |
[08:21] | Okay, don’t with me here. | 别骗我 |
[08:23] | Are you talking about mom time? | 你说的是”妈妈时光”吗 |
[08:25] | Yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[08:26] | – Say it. – Whatever. | -说出来 -都行 |
[08:27] | Say the words. Say “mom time.” | 说出来 说”妈妈时光” |
[08:28] | Do we have to call it that? | 一定要这样说吗 |
[08:30] | – Yeah. – Mom time. | -对 -妈妈时光 |
[08:32] | So, can I get the good tricks? | 可以给我买高级道具吗 |
[08:33] | Well, I guess every good magician | 我想所有优秀的魔术师 |
[08:34] | needs a beautiful assistant they can saw in half. | 都需要一位可以锯成两半的漂亮助手 |
[08:37] | Or a hands-off producer who waits in the wings. | 或是准备在旁的不插手的制作人 |
[08:39] | This is gonna be so much fun! | 这一定好玩极了 |
[08:40] | You can be the Amazing Adam, and I’ll be the Amazing Beverly! | 你是神奇亚当 我是神奇贝弗莉 |
[08:43] | We can’t both be amazing. | 不能都叫”神奇” |
[08:45] | Hey! Does somebody work here? | 这里有人吗 |
[08:47] | We need all your best tricks for mom time! | 我们要买你们所有的贵道具来过妈妈时光 |
[08:52] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:53] | Also, uh, somebody set the birds free. | 还有 有人把鸟放跑了 |
[08:58] | Oh, boy. | 老天 |
[08:59] | After getting the best tricks in the shop, | 买了店里最好的道具后 |
[09:01] | I picked up magic really quick. | 我很快就学会了变魔术 |
[09:03] | Unfortunately, I also picked up | 不幸地是 我还选了抢风头的 |
[09:05] | a focus-stealing smother sidekick. | “爱到你没气”的老妈助手 |
[09:07] | The Amazing Schmoopie, everybody. | 请看神奇宝贝儿 各位 |
[09:12] | No wires. | 没有线 |
[09:15] | Oh! Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[09:19] | Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme. | 给我 给我 |
[09:20] | Just an ordinary bottle of ketchup | 这只是一瓶普通番茄酱 |
[09:22] | that I bought at the supermarket and not at the magic shop. | 我在超市买的 不是在魔术用品店买的 |
[09:34] | And for my next trick, | 下一个是我的魔术 |
[09:35] | I’m gonna make a plate of cookies appear from scratch. | 我将凭空变出一盘饼干 |
[09:41] | Well, uh, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[09:43] | Your act is… actually decent. | 你的表演挺好的 |
[09:45] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[09:46] | And every second of it is ruined by your mom. | 每一秒都被你妈毁了 |
[09:52] | Hey, Mama, can we talk? | 妈妈 能谈谈吗 |
[09:54] | We illusionists don’t need to talk. | 我们魔术师不需要谈 |
[09:57] | We just use ESP. | 我们只用ESP[超感知觉] |
[09:58] | You know, extra-schmoopery-perception. | 超宝贝儿觉[缩写也是ESP] |
[10:01] | Good stuff. | 说得好 |
[10:03] | You can’t be my assistant for the party. | 你不能在派对上做我的助手 |
[10:06] | Say what now? | 你说什么 |
[10:07] | Turns out doing a magic act with your mother is super weird. | 原来和母亲一起表演魔术超级奇怪 |
[10:11] | Well, it’s no weirder than if we were tennis partners | 如果我们是网球搭档 |
[10:13] | or joined a dance competition together. | 或一起参加舞蹈比赛 这就不奇怪了 |
[10:15] | Truth is, the reason why I did this is to impress a girl. | 事实是 我这样做是为了取悦一个女生 |
[10:19] | But you just broke up with a girl. | 但你刚和一个女生分手 |
[10:20] | What about mom time? | 妈妈时光怎么办 |
[10:22] | Honestly, I kind of played that part of it up | 说实话 这部分我是在演戏 |
[10:24] | so you’d buy me fancy tricks. | 这样你会给我买高级道具 |
[10:26] | I guess all we can do now is move on. | 我想现在我们能做的就是向前看 |
[10:31] | Yeah, I don’t think so. | 我不这样想 |
[10:32] | I’m returning all your fancy tricks. | 我会把你所有的高级道具退回去 |
[10:34] | What? No! I looked at store policy. | 什么 不 我看了店规 |
[10:37] | Once the magic is unleashed, there’s no returns. | 一旦用过了 就不能退货 |
[10:39] | You think a return policy has ever stopped me? | 你觉得退货规定难倒过我吗 |
[10:43] | Then go and return the magic. | 那就退回去 |
[10:45] | I’ll come up with my own | 我会自己想出 |
[10:46] | David Copperfield grand illusion! | 大卫·科波菲尔级的大魔术 |
[10:48] | Fine! Well, enjoy your mom time… | 好的 享受你的妈妈时光 |
[10:50] | without your mom. | 在没你妈的情况下 |
[10:53] | Yep, my mom didn’t take being left behind well. | 没错 我妈不太接受被抛弃 |
[10:56] | And neither did Barry. | 巴瑞也一样 |
[10:58] | It’s crazy. | 真是疯了 |
[10:59] | I mean, my entire posse | 我全部的兄弟 |
[11:01] | is suddenly all about going to college? | 突然间都在说上大学的事 |
[11:02] | What’s wrong with them? | 他们什么毛病 |
[11:03] | Chill. | 冷静 |
[11:04] | They’re just studying a few vocab words. | 他们只是在学一些词汇而已 |
[11:06] | I’m sure your best friends will still end up nobody losers. | 我相信你最好的朋友们最终依然会是窝囊废 |
[11:08] | That’s very nice of you to say, but they seem real serious. | 你这样说真是太好了 但他们看起来可认真了 |
[11:11] | Has it ever occurred to you | 你有没有想过 |
[11:12] | that perhaps you should get serious, too? | 也许你也应该认真起来 |
[11:14] | Barry’s right. | 巴瑞说得对 |
[11:15] | Who says we have to, like, plan out our entire lives? | 谁说我们必须计划整个人生 |
[11:17] | We’re just kids, man. | 我们只是孩子 |
[11:18] | – Exactly. – The future’s now. | -就是 -现在就是未来 |
[11:20] | Can’t just let some stupid test define who we are. | 不能让愚蠢的考试来定义我们 |
[11:23] | That’s why I didn’t even open up my test results | 所以我根本没打开我的测试结果 |
[11:25] | and see how I did. | 看看成绩如何 |
[11:26] | That’s how little I care. | 我根本不在乎 |
[11:27] | Wait. You took the SAT? | 慢着 你参加了能力测试吗 |
[11:29] | But you always said that test was a joke. | 但你一直说这个考试是个笑话 |
[11:31] | Oh, it is. But you got to take it. | 是的 但你还是得考 |
[11:32] | Give me that! | 给我 |
[11:36] | Oh, no! 1,280?! | 不 1280分 |
[11:39] | – Lainey, that’s unreal! – I did it! | -兰妮 太棒了 -我成功了 |
[11:41] | Why is this happening to me? | 我为什么要碰到这种事 |
[11:42] | Oh, sweetie, I swear this doesn’t change anything. | 亲爱的 我发誓这不会改变什么 |
[11:44] | So you’re still gonna be a background dancer on “Club MTV”? | 你依然会做《俱乐部MTV》的背景舞者吗 |
[11:46] | Oh, hell no. | 当然不 |
[11:47] | You beginning your bright future is a complete betrayal, | 你开始你的光明未来是完全的背叛 |
[11:50] | but you know what? | 但你知道吗 |
[11:51] | It doesn’t matter, ’cause I’m still gonna be a rapping | 这没关系 因为我依然会成为说唱 |
[11:53] | basketball ninja rapping entrepreneur. | 篮球忍者企业家 |
[11:55] | And I totally believe in you, sweetie. | 我完全相信你 亲爱的 |
[11:57] | But yeah, maybe you should study for the test. | 但也许你应该为考试做准备 |
[11:59] | Traitor! You beautiful, smart traitor! | 叛徒 你这个美丽聪明的叛徒 |
[12:03] | While Barry couldn’t believe Lainey’s betrayal, | 巴瑞不相信兰妮的背叛时 |
[12:05] | I was ready to believe in the impossible. | 我准备相信不可能的事 |
[12:07] | Hey, kiddo, how’s the magic treating you? | 孩子 魔术变得怎么样了 |
[12:09] | Ah, Pops, good. We have so much to discuss. | 老爷子 太好了 我们要聊的太多了 |
[12:13] | I pored over every magic special made by Master Copperfield, | 我看了科波菲尔大师的所有魔术作品 |
[12:17] | as he is the standard against which | 他是我们所有魔术师 |
[12:18] | all us magicians judge ourselves. | 评判自己的标准 |
[12:20] | Uh-huh. Maybe we should turn the light on. | 也许我们应该把灯打开 |
[12:23] | After staying up all night, | 一夜没睡 |
[12:25] | I finally figured out how he does it, all of it — | 我终于搞清楚了他是怎么做的 所有的 |
[12:28] | flying over canyons, making Lady Liberty vanish, | 飞越大峡谷 令自由女神消失 |
[12:31] | walking through walls. | 穿越长城的墙壁 |
[12:32] | Ooh, this sounds juicy. | 听起来好有意思 |
[12:34] | What is it? What’s the secret? | 是什么 秘密是什么 |
[12:36] | Magic. | 魔术 |
[12:37] | No, yeah, I get it. | 是 我明白 |
[12:38] | A real magician can’t reveal his tricks, | 真正的魔术师不能透露自己的秘密 |
[12:40] | but how does he do it? | 但他怎么做到的 |
[12:42] | That’s just it. | 就是这个 |
[12:43] | Real actual magic. | 真正的魔术 |
[12:45] | Yeah, I’m not following you. | 我没听明白 |
[12:47] | There’s no way a human being could actually accomplish | 这个人做到的 普通人类 |
[12:49] | what this man could do. | 是做不到的 |
[12:51] | Unless it’s real. | 除非这是真的 |
[12:52] | Still not following you. | 还是没听明白 |
[12:54] | Follow this! | 听这个 |
[12:55] | Magic is real. | 魔术是真的 |
[12:57] | You should probably get some sleep. | 你应该睡觉了 |
[12:59] | No time! | 没时间 |
[12:59] | I’ve realized the key to legitimate sorcery | 我发现合理魔术的关键 |
[13:02] | is to believe. | 就是相信 |
[13:03] | If you truly have the magic in your heart, | 如果你心中有魔术 |
[13:05] | you can walk through any wall. | 你可以穿越任何墙壁 |
[13:07] | I don’t think you can. | 我觉得你不可以 |
[13:08] | I shall traverse through solid matter | 我会穿过这个固体 |
[13:10] | and appear on the other side of this wall. | 然后出现在这面墙的另一边 |
[13:13] | Behold! | 请看 |
[13:14] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[13:16] | Oh, no! | 不 |
[13:18] | Magic isn’t real! | 魔术不是真的 |
[13:19] | That’s what I’m trying to tell ya! | 这正是我想告诉你的 |
[13:21] | You’re right. I can bounce back. | 你是对的 我可以振作起来 |
[13:23] | I just have to put together a new magic act | 我只需想出一个新的魔术表演 |
[13:25] | that’ll entertain a bunch of kids. | 可以娱乐小孩子就行 |
[13:27] | Easy. | 简单 |
[13:27] | Peasy. | 小菜 |
[13:28] | You’re a smart kid. | 你是个聪明的孩子 |
[13:30] | You’ll pull it off for sure. | 你绝对可以办到的 |
[13:32] | You can’t let him go through with this. | 你不能让他这样做 |
[13:34] | He’ll make a fool of himself in front of new Dana. | 他会在新戴娜面前出丑的 |
[13:37] | Well, he should’ve thought of that before he lied to me | 他在骗我共度妈妈时光 伤我心之前 |
[13:39] | about mom time and broke my heart. | 应该想到这点 |
[13:41] | The kid is boned, Bevy. | 这孩子傻了 贝弗 |
[13:42] | He’s literally walking into walls. | 他真的想穿墙 |
[13:45] | Ow! Damn it! | 见鬼 |
[13:46] | How does the gorgeous warlock do it?! | 那个了不起的魔法师是怎么做到的 |
[13:48] | While my mom was realizing the effects of destroying my show, | 我妈意识到破坏我的表演的后果时 |
[13:51] | Barry was about to put on a show of his own. | 巴瑞准备上演自己的节目 |
[13:53] | Greetings, and thank you for coming. | 大家好 感谢大家前来 |
[13:55] | You may have wondered why I gathered you all here today. | 你们也许纳闷 为什么我今天让大家来这里 |
[13:57] | Yes, I was wondering. | 对 我是纳闷 |
[13:59] | See, I was sitting here watching “MacGyver,” | 我坐在这里看《百战天龙》 |
[14:01] | and you assembled these morons around me. | 你把这些白痴召集在我身边 |
[14:04] | First I’d like you all to know that you’re all the dearest | 首先我希望你们知道 你们都是我 |
[14:06] | and most important people in my life. | 生活中最亲最重要的人 |
[14:08] | And everything about you disgusts me | 你们的一切令我恶心 |
[14:10] | ’cause you’re all human garbage. | 因为你们全是人渣 |
[14:11] | – Appreciate the honesty. Can we go? – No. | -感谢你这么诚实 我们能走了吗 -不行 |
[14:13] | You may have given up your dreams | 虽说你们放弃了梦想 |
[14:15] | to become cogs in the machine. | 变成了机器中的齿轮 |
[14:17] | But not me. | 但我没有 |
[14:18] | We discussed this. | 我们讨论过了 |
[14:19] | You’re studying and going to a good school. | 你要学习 去一间好学校 |
[14:21] | Look, I speak for all of the JTP… | 听着 我代表所有JTP成员说 |
[14:23] | JTP JTP. | |
[14:23] | …when I say that being a freelance ninja for hire | 成为待聘用的自由职业忍者 |
[14:25] | is a big reach. | 是一个很难实现的梦想 |
[14:26] | I mean, you could study with us if you want. | 你想的话可以和我们一起学习 |
[14:27] | Never! | 绝不 |
[14:28] | Forget ninja. | 忍者算什么 |
[14:29] | I’m getting real here. | 我现在来真的 |
[14:30] | Talking about my most sensible dream. | 谈论我最明智的梦想 |
[14:33] | Billionaire entrepreneur! | 亿万富翁企业家 |
[14:35] | You do realize that entrepreneurs | 你知道企业家 |
[14:36] | have actual business ideas and billionaires have billions? | 有生意头脑 亿万富翁有亿万钞票吗 |
[14:39] | Oh, I do and I will, | 我知道 我会有的 |
[14:41] | as soon as I present the world | 只要我向世界展示我的 |
[14:43] | with any one of these awesome entrepreneurical ideas. | 这些超棒的企业家设想 |
[14:45] | First up — the reverse microwave. | 首先 微波炉的对立物 |
[14:48] | Makes things colder! | 令东西更冷 |
[14:50] | So, a refrigerator? | 冰箱吗 |
[14:51] | Next! | 下一个 |
[14:52] | Know about fingerless gloves? | 知道无指手套吗 |
[14:54] | How about just fingers? | 只有手指的手套呢 |
[14:56] | I call it Just Fingers. | 我管这个叫”只有手指” |
[14:58] | Did you cut up my Isotoners? | 你剪了我的手套吗 |
[15:00] | Next, the front pack. | 下一个 前包 |
[15:01] | That’s just a backpack you’re wearing wrong. | 这只是反着背的背包 |
[15:03] | Next! | 下一个 |
[15:04] | A house for birds. | 鸟的房子 |
[15:05] | Um, that kind of already exists. | 这个已经有了 |
[15:07] | Not like this. Mine’s for the upscale bird. | 不是这样的 我的是给高档鸟用的 |
[15:10] | Okay, I’m shutting it down. | 好吧 我叫停 |
[15:12] | Everyone go home. | 大家回家去 |
[15:13] | You know what else got shut down? | 你知道还有谁被叫停吗 |
[15:15] | Sir Isaac Newton when he invented the apple. | 牛顿爵士发明苹果的时候 |
[15:17] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[15:18] | You’re studying for that test. End of story. | 你要为考试学习 没得商量 |
[15:20] | No! I’m not even gonna take the stupid PSAT | 不 我不会参加愚蠢的预备能力测验 |
[15:22] | or the real one. | 和真正的测验 |
[15:23] | Honey, we discussed this. Everyone takes that test. | 亲爱的 我们讨论过了 所有人都要参加考试 |
[15:26] | What’s the point? | 有什么意义 |
[15:26] | We all know I’m gonna blow it like I always do. | 我们都知道我会像平时一样考砸 |
[15:28] | Barry, you’re not gonna — | 巴瑞 你不会 |
[15:29] | No, I am! | 不 我会的 |
[15:30] | All I have are dreams ’cause I suck at real life, | 我有这些梦想 只因为我在现实生活中差劲极了 |
[15:33] | and I’m supposed to sit here and watch you leave me behind? | 我要坐在这里看着你们把我抛在身后吗 |
[15:36] | Have fun with your awesome dreams without me in them. | 没了我 祝你们的美梦做得开心 |
[15:44] | It was the morning of my big show, | 这是我重大演出的早上 |
[15:45] | and I was hoping my grand illusion | 我希望我的盛大幻术 |
[15:47] | would impress my new Dana. | 可以给我的新戴娜留下深刻印象 |
[15:49] | Oh, there you are. Perfect timing. | 你来了 正是时候 |
[15:51] | Yep. So happy I didn’t cancel at the last minute. | 很开心我没有临时取消吧 |
[15:54] | U-Unless you want me to. | 除非你想我走人 |
[15:55] | You’re funny. | 你真搞笑 |
[15:57] | And even though the Amazing Beverly | 尽管神奇贝弗莉 |
[15:59] | had taken away my best tricks, | 拿走了我最好的道具 |
[16:00] | the Amazing Adam still had one more up his sleeve. | 神奇亚当依然还剩一个绝招 |
[16:03] | It’s showtime. | 表演时间到 |
[16:05] | Oh, thanks. | 谢谢 |
[16:13] | Welcome, Joshua Feldstein and friends. | 欢迎 乔舒亚·费尔德施泰因和朋友们 |
[16:15] | I’m the Amazing Adam. | 我是神奇亚当 |
[16:17] | Witness the impossible as I levitate. | 我飘起来时 见证不可能吧 |
[16:26] | Yes. | 太棒了 |
[16:28] | Crap! | 见鬼 |
[16:29] | That is normal. | 这是正常的 |
[16:30] | It’s a part of the trick. | 这是骗局的一部分 |
[16:31] | I mean, magic. | 我是说魔术 |
[16:32] | I just need to re-levitate my foot. | 我只是需要再把脚飘起来 |
[16:37] | Magic! | 魔术 |
[16:40] | My act was a complete bust… | 我的表演彻底完蛋了 |
[16:42] | …but then something truly magical happened. | 然后真正的魔法出现了 |
[16:46] | And that, ladies and gentlemen, | 这个 女士们先生们 |
[16:47] | is what we call classic misdirection! | 是我们称为的经典的误导 |
[16:51] | And now, time for the real show. | 现在 是时候上演真正的演出了 |
[16:54] | Mom! You got my good tricks back. | 妈 你把我的好道具拿来了 |
[16:58] | No time to talk. Knock ’em dead, love bug. | 没时间说话 让他们见识下 亲爱的 |
[17:01] | Hey, Ma. | 妈 |
[17:03] | You know, a real magician always needs an assistant. | 真正的魔术师都需要助手 |
[17:06] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[17:08] | Yeah, I’m sure. | 对 我确定 |
[17:22] | That’s the thing about our parents. | 父母就是这样 |
[17:23] | At the end of the day, they’re at your side… | 最终 他们会站在你这边 |
[17:25] | He cut me in half, but I love him twice as much. | 他把我切成两半 但我对他的爱是两倍 |
[17:29] | …whether you can admit you need them or not. | 无论你承不承认是否需要他们 |
[17:31] | Your dopey friends said I’d find you here. | 你的傻瓜朋友们说可以在这里找到你 |
[17:34] | Just gonna sit like this all day? | 你一整天都打算这样坐着吗 |
[17:36] | More like the rest of my stupid life. | 我剩下的愚蠢的人生都打算这样了 |
[17:38] | Everyone’s moving on. Everybody but me. | 大家都进步了 除了我 |
[17:40] | Look — | 听着 |
[17:41] | I know I said that the only thing I care about is college, | 我知道我说过我唯一在乎的就是大学 |
[17:44] | but what I really care about is whether or not you’re happy. | 但我真正在乎的 是你是否开心 |
[17:48] | It’s gonna be hard to be happy | 我考砸考试 |
[17:49] | when I’m stuck in this town ’cause I blew the test. | 困在这个小镇时 很难开心 |
[17:51] | That’s not true, Barry. | 不是这样的 巴瑞 |
[17:53] | If you ask me, the way your brain works, | 要我说 你思考的方式 |
[17:55] | it’s like no one else’s. | 与别人不同 |
[17:56] | – Stop. – I’m serious! | -别说了 -我是认真的 |
[17:58] | I’ve never met anyone who thinks the way you do. | 我从来没见过其他人像你这样思考的 |
[18:01] | I did come up with Just Fingers. | 我的确想到了”只有手指” |
[18:03] | Trust me, I think you’re gonna surprise everybody, | 相信我 我想你会让所有人吃惊的 |
[18:06] | and mostly yourself if you’ll just try! | 主要是让你自己惊讶 只要你肯尝试 |
[18:11] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 爸爸 |
[18:13] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家 |
[18:16] | And even when you’re at your lowest, | 哪怕在你最低落的时候 |
[18:18] | they push you to be more than you could ever dream of. | 他们会推动你成为超越梦想的人 |
[18:22] | Check it out. Front pack. | 你看 前包 |
[18:23] | Not bad, right? | 不差吧 |
[18:24] | You look injured. | 你看起来像受伤了 |
[18:25] | My spine hurts a little. | 我的脊椎有点痛 |
[18:26] | I know I kind of freaked out. | 我知道我有些不知所措 |
[18:28] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[18:30] | I don’t want this to end. | 我不想就这样结束 |
[18:31] | Good. ‘Cause no matter where I end up, | 很好 因为无论我最终在哪里 |
[18:33] | we’ll always be together. | 我们永远会在一起 |
[18:35] | Yo, Tasty! Study group starts in five. | 大甜甜 学习小组五分钟后就开始了 |
[18:37] | Study group? I’m impressed. | 学习小组 了不起啊 |
[18:39] | What can I say? I’m a torkulent guy. | 我能怎么说 我是个”高怕”的人 |
[18:41] | That’s not a word, sweetie. | 没这个词 亲爱的 |
[18:43] | Got a lot of work to do. | 要学的还很多 |
[18:49] | Thank you so much for coming. | 非常感谢你能来 |
[18:52] | My brother loved it. | 我弟弟可喜欢了 |
[18:53] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:54] | We should, um… | 我们应该 |
[18:55] | …like, do it again sometime. | 改天再约 |
[18:58] | Like, a movie? | 比如说看电影 |
[19:01] | Um…you know, I-I’m in ninth grade | 要知道 我读九年级[美国的高一] |
[19:04] | and you’re, like, in middle school. | 你在上初中 |
[19:07] | So? | 所以 |
[19:08] | So, I’m just gonna give you the 10 bucks, | 所以 我会给你十块钱 |
[19:11] | and thanks for coming, Alan. | 感谢你来 亚伦 |
[19:24] | Schmoo. | 宝贝 |
[19:26] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:28] | Yeah. I’m fine. | 是 我没事 |
[19:33] | I’m not. | 我不好 |
[19:34] | I really miss Dana. | 我真的好想戴娜 |
[19:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:38] | We were so good together. | 我们在一起可开心了 |
[19:40] | How will I ever find that again? | 叫我怎么再找到这样的人 |
[19:42] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[19:43] | You will. | 你会的 |
[19:44] | What makes you so sure? | 你为什么这么确定 |
[19:46] | If there’s one thing the Amazing Adam’s taught me, | 要说神奇亚当教会我一件事 那就是 |
[19:49] | there’s plenty of magic in the world. | 这是一个充满魔法的世界 |
[19:52] | When you’re growing up, | 成长过程中 |
[19:53] | you can’t always avoid heartache. | 心痛是避免不了的 |
[19:55] | Here, let me help you with that. | 我来帮你 |
[19:57] | But if you’re lucky, | 但如果你够幸运 |
[19:58] | a little mom time can help you through it. | 一点妈妈时光可以帮你熬过心痛的感觉 |
[20:00] | And that’s pure magic. | 这是纯粹的魔法 |
[20:02] | I-I couldn’t resist. | 我就是忍不住 |
[20:12] | Now, here’s our magic magician! | 这是我们有魔法的魔术师 |
[20:20] | Gregarious. | 社交的 |
[20:21] | Sociable. | 好交际的 |
[20:24] | Sociable. | 好交际的 |
[20:25] | Friendly. | 友好的 |
[20:26] | Wow, are you still studying? | 你还在学习吗 |
[20:29] | Even better. | 这个更好 |
[20:30] | According to science, | 有科学依据 |
[20:31] | If I play this tape on a loop as I sleep, | 如果我睡觉时循环播放这盒磁带 |
[20:33] | my brain will sponge up all the information, | 我的大脑会吸收所有的信息 |
[20:35] | then — boom — my days are still free to be awesome. | 然后 我的白天依然有时间潇洒 |
[20:37] | Why can’t you just do things like a normal person? | 你为什么不能像正常人一样做事呢 |
[20:39] | I guess I’m just a character. | 我想我是个人物 |
[20:43] | See ya in the morning, knowledge. | 早上见 知识 |
[20:45] | Intrepid — fearless. | 无畏的 大胆的 |
[20:47] | Wait. | 慢着 |
[20:49] | Erica! Come quick! | 爱丽卡 快来 |
[20:51] | I’m the smartest man in the world! | 我是全世界最聪明的人 |
[20:55] | Ask me anything. | 随便问我一个问题 |
[20:55] | What is gregarious mean? | “社交的”是什么意思 |
[20:57] | To be like Greg. | 像格雷格一样 |
[20:58] | Who is Greg? | 谁是格雷格 |
[20:59] | Didn’t work. | 根本没用 |